2. Homeowners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought this Dirt Devil Reach cordless vac because I wanted something cordless and easy. While it doesn't replace a "real" vacuum cleaner it's good in a pinch. It does a very adequate job on carpet and bare floors alike and is small to get into tight spaces. Battery life is good. Cleaning the canister is my biggest complaint. The dirt gets stuck in there and you have to wind up picking it out.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Have used it to vacuum wood chips, sheetrock dust and particles and in the next breath vacuum the carpeting and linoleum floors! A extremely versatile upright vacuum cleaner! Filter bags are readily available in any Big Box store or hardware store.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I was searching for a more up-to-date vacuum, and I found a Dirt Devil model. It has a cord long enough to vacuum my stairs without having to reconnect. It also has several handy attachments that makes vacuuming easier. I can detach the canister and carry it about without tiring. The filter is washable, and the unit as a whole is easy to clean. I'm highly satisfied!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I really love the Dirt Devil for pet hair. It works exceptionally well. The biggest flaw is the small canister for dirt dust collection. The extension tools are easy to use and very reliable. Extremely lightweight for those of us with bad backs, which that is a great plus. Real easy to empty and clean.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Great value vacuum cleaner that really does an excellent job; especially considering that I paid less than $100.00. Would highly recommend the plugin canister model (very light and efficient). Some small drawbacks for this unit are: it isn't cordless and it requires regular filter cleaning and replacements.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Bought the Dirt Devil Power Stick and within one month the poorly designed power brush head broke. Always make sure you send in warranty card, because product might work good at first but could break. Poor design in product.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

This vacuum cleaner is definitely a waste of money. I purchased this cleaner about a month ago and the floor adjustment does not work on it. I contacted them to see if I could fix it myself but they said they would replace the vacuum. I just got an email from them to tell me to cut the cord off the defective machine and send a picture of the cut cord and then they would send the replacement. So now I am going to be without a vacuum until they send the replacement. How long that will take, we do not know. My advice is do not buy these cheap vacuum cleaner. Save your money.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

My Dirt Devil stick-vac is absolutely worthless. It was a major waste of money. It spits out more dirt than it picks up. Do not waste your money on it. You can do better job of cleaning with a broom. I am apparently supposed to write more but what else can I say? I blew a lot of dirt around this morning so now after vacuuming, the rug is dirtier that it was before I vacuumed and there is NO DIRT in the dirt cup. You call THIS a cleaner?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

DIRT DEVIL DELETED MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. SO I'M REPOSTING HERE.. So let's talk Dirt Devil. I bought a power pet max and it's trash after 6 months. A super huge manufacturer's issue. A clip came off and the belt rubbed the plastic under it melting it. As I type this I have you know I am on the phone on hold now. Kelsey can not tell me and thing not sure why she's even answering the phone. I have asked twice now to speak to Denise in tier 2 who placed my replacement order. She is refusing to get on the phone or send me an email as well as telling me that there is no tracking for me. But the product has been picked up by FedEx. Finally after Denise being scared to get on the phone and Kelsey lying to me I got the supposedly highest in chain of command.

Now I'm speaking with Carol. Who says the vacuum has not been picked up by FedEx. So now I'm dealing with people lying to save their self. What a shame. So now I'm waiting on Carol to call back to see what is really going on. I can definitely say after this incident I will not be buying anything DIRT DEVIL HOOVER OR ORECK AS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME PEOPLE. And on top of it I disabled the vacuum like they told me to do cutting the whole cord off and was ignored after. I had to call in myself again. Spend more money on better products. In the end it saves you headache. I will be back with updates after MY RETURN PHONE CALL.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

WE have had our Dirt Devil Bagless for Approximately 2 years. We have hard floors with Oriental rugs, so the vacuum is hardly overworked. Lately it has been shutting off, which I assume is an overheat protection. This is happening after 10 minutes of run time with empty bin and freshly cleaned filters. This is not a very good representation of a quality product for Dirt Devil. I will not purchase their brand again.

Not sure about Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Vacuum Cleaners for you.

Dirt Devil expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dirt Devil is an American company that makes floor care products. It specializes in vacuum cleaners for small apartments and large houses.

• Diverse designs: Dirt Devil makes several types of vacuum cleaners, including upright, canister, handheld and stick models.

• Online videos: The company's website offers videos so potential buyers can watch the vacuums they are considering in action.

• Affordable prices: Many Dirt Devil vacuums cost less than 100 dollars.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Dirt Devil makes many models that owners can use on a variety of flooring surfaces.

• Compact designs: Even upright vacuums have compact designs that make them easy to store and use.

• Best for: Homeowners, renters, landlords and drivers can appreciate the convenience of Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team