2. Homeowners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil?

Original review: May 14, 2020

My vacuum cleaner is lightweight and clean great. It is a Dirt Devil small size for my small apartment. I don't need a large vacuum cleaner, because this fellow works great, picks up the dirt and dirt grime and hair. I don't need to buy bags, because I only have to empty the bin and replaced it.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The product works extremely well, and we use it to vacuum our house as if it were a full sized one. We have a cat who sheds all over and we've never had an issue with the vacuum having any problems. I gave the warranty a 3 because I chose not to use it due to the great price we got on the vacuum. So it wasn't a bad warranty, it just wasn't necessary.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 29, 2020

My Dirt Devil vacuum is a great value for the money. The dirt bin is very easy to empty. The filters are very easy to clean. Replacement of the filters was very inexpensive at $8 delivered from Amazon. The hoses come off quickly enough for yearly cleaning. I have owned the machine for 3 years and use it every other day. And I'm still utilizing the original hoses with no leaks at the connectors. My only complaint he is with the attachable vacuum head. Shortly after purchasing the vacuum the attachable head began to make a squealing sound and the brush did not turn properly. Being a mechanic for 35 years I saw the problem. I opened it and put a pinch of bearing grease on the shaft ends to cure the problem. Of course not everybody can do that. Which is why I gave four stars on the attachments.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I've had a small portable Dirt Devil vacuum for 15 years. Obviously one of the pluses is its longevity. Another is its power, it picks up dirt like a magnet on paper clips. The downside to that is that it's noisy, no way you can vacuum with someone sleeping in the next room.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I've been using the Dirt Devil Power Max Vacuum for quite a while now and I can't say enough about it! The vacuum is amazing on any flooring and we even use our Dirt Devil Power Max Vacuum on our vehicles. Yes you heard that right. On our vehicles. The features on it are outstanding with different attachment extenders and the brush attachment may be small but let me tell you it's mighty! I love the hose on this model because it makes cleaning so much easier and I'm all for that. I use the hose and brush attachment for cleaning vents in my home and even on the face of my air conditioner. It's size is perfect for chores like that. I clean homes for a living and my power max goes to every job I'm on because I don't have to wonder if the vacuum will show up and perform its job because this one very much does just that!

The suction is superb and I love how light it is to hold to clean blinds, spider webs, base boards, etc. The easy empty dirt/dust container is great because with a push of the button the button opens to release into the trash instead of having to worry about bags you can't see inside a lot of vacuum cleaners I've used in the past. You can see when vacuuming carpets what is suctioned up and you'd be surprised at the dust it grabs that you don't see. The kids even enjoy cleaning their rooms and vacuuming with the power max. That's definitely a bonus for me! These products are built to last and are a great value for sure. I'll continue to stay loyal to this company because I know their products will do what they were designed to do and more. I couldn't imagine life without my power max. It's just that good!

Original review: June 14, 2020

I love this vacuum. It picks up easily and quickly. I am pleased with how this vacuum operates. Love it and my carpet do too. ???? Happy customer. I got my vacuum 2 days before the date I was promised, I was thankful because I really needed it ASAP.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The 360 Reach one I have is very light and especially great for touch-up and stairs. It also separates to just the canister and a small nozzle. And that is great to get into the notches of carpeted stairs.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I bought the bargain basement DustBuster plug in, no attachment, handheld from my local Walmart five months ago. I didn't expect much and it delivered less. Only inertia and a lack of wanting to spend more on a slightly nicer vacuum has kept me from getting rid of this one. It isn't too powerful on my rugs. I often have to go over the same crumbs twice to pick them up. 1/2 dried leaves completely foil this vacuum. Small pebbles don't even think about it. The cleaning of the bag requires an outdoor disposal because lots of shaking is involved. Not a good investment.

Original review: May 11, 2020

My upright Dirt Devil, originally purchased five years ago at Canadian Tire for a great price, has performed very well. Once, just once, it tripped an internal fuse (my fault for not emptying it). Easy to tote or push around. Best I've had!

Original review: May 10, 2020

It works pretty well. Great deal. Pick up pretty good. Wish it had more accessories. I would recommend it if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a vacuum. It's quiet not too loud. Light-weight, easy to operate and clean.

Dirt Devil author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dirt Devil is an American company that makes floor care products. It specializes in vacuum cleaners for small apartments and large houses.

• Diverse designs: Dirt Devil makes several types of vacuum cleaners, including upright, canister, handheld and stick models.

• Online videos: The company's website offers videos so potential buyers can watch the vacuums they are considering in action.

• Affordable prices: Many Dirt Devil vacuums cost less than 100 dollars.

• Multi-floor cleaning: Dirt Devil makes many models that owners can use on a variety of flooring surfaces.

• Compact designs: Even upright vacuums have compact designs that make them easy to store and use.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team