4.03/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

The Miele canister wheels are too small - it's a pain to pull around. Needs much larger wheels! It's a decent vacuum, wish it was bagless! Overpriced far as I'm concerned for what you get. We have a silver anniversary model - special somehow - think it had extra attachments. But still nothing to write home about.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We have a Miele Olympus canister and it has been a good little vacuum for us. We live in a rural area (dirt roads no sidewalks) and as a result a bit of grit gets tracked in the house. Our little vacuum does a really good job at keeping things picked up. The bags aren't huge of course so they may changing a bit more frequently particularly with a big hairy dog but it hasn't been a problem for us. We have mainly hard surface floors and purchased a Miele Turbo Comfort floor tool which has also worked well with this vacuum.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

This is a German made machine, and it has absolutely never let me down. It is sturdy, and has lasted me many years without ever declining in performance. It has powerful suction and all the attachments are solid and long lasting. I couldn't be happier with this machine, and its longevity and quality of function has far outweighed the price.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This vacuum is expensive, but worth it! It has a great filter and great suction. It is a small tank style cleaner and it’s easy to drag around and easily gets under furniture. We have a whole house vacuum, but this works so much better! It has an easy to exchange bag and several tools onboard. The cord self winds and stores in the body of the cleaner. It’s fairly lightweight and runs very quietly. It’s truly the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've had a Shark vacuum and a Hoover vacuum cleaner and maybe a few others over the years. The Hoover is OK and I still use it. Sometimes the belt gets a bit messed up when it sucks something by mistake. It is an upright model. And then I have the burnt tire smell. However, one day I walked into a little home in the wall dedicated vacuum and sewing machine store in order to fix the belt in my Hoover and startled eyeing Miele vacuum cleaners with envy and admiration. They looked beautiful and what caught my eye was that they are made in Germany, a good selling point for me! I'm game. I've also seen ads for Miele vacuum cleaners in more "exclusive" magazines and was curious what they are and how they perform. The store let me "play" with vacuum cleaners and test them out. That is why from now on if I have to deal with vacuums I just go to that dedicated store.

I highly recommend finding yourself a nearby dedicated vacuum store that specializes in vacuums (usually it's vacuums and sewing machines) and carries different brands. They are still around. If you're in the market for a vacuum, you don't want to buy anywhere else. Surprisingly, they are not more expensive than Best Buy or big department stores like Costco or Target. Moving on. The Miele models were stylish, sleek, small, elegant, fairly quiet and did a great job of vacuuming. Actually a most excellent job! They blew me away, so to say. The company has upright and canister models. The prices range from $190, I believe, all the way up to $800 or even $1,500. I fell in love with the floor model and bought it for something between $190 and $250. I don't remember exactly. I hauled it home like a proud baby momma.

I've had the Miele vacuum now for over 3 years and use it 2-3 times a week. I vacuum my wood floor, ceramic tiled bathroom floors, carpets and it gets all the dirt out all the time. There are also a few different heads such as for dust or wall corners. I use them too. I use the dust head for upholstery such as lamp shades.

I've had to replace only the hose once because it was a more rigid plastic and the way I use my vacuum it had twisted and broke in one spot. I had the vacuum and sewing center store look at it and one of the men who works in repairs said he could replace the hose with the Miele brand or make me a hose on the spot from the hoses he had on hand for the same price. I was skeptical but I went with his "custom made" hose. Cost me maybe $30-45. He said it would last a lifetime. It is a bit softer than the Miele's hose. That part he said the company started procuring from China. Not sure if it's true. Yes, the canister bags are fairly small but very well made. They come about 3 to a package. They are maybe $17? And they usually last me a few months.

I am very very very happy with this vacuum and only wished I had purchased it 20 years ago! It should be on any married people's gift registry request. I don't like the fuss and mess of dealing with bagless vacuum cleaners. My Shark vacuum was like that. I hated cleaning it and every year taking it all apart to clean it in detail. It was a huge mess. Not worth it. Not really. No way! Bags are the clean, sanitary, simple way to go. Don't kid yourself about saving money on bags. You'll be kicking yourself whenever you deal with the dust and dirt. I also like the feature that my vacuum is really small and I can use it on my stairs, even holding it with one hand if need be. It has a retractable, automatic power cord that I roll in with the push of a button using my leg! I wish more things in life were as efficient, hard working, and fuss free as my Miele vacuum!

I really don't understand all these people buying vacuums in non-dedicated stores or Dyson brands or other inefficient, overpriced junk. Do your homework and go for the best. If you are even thinking of buying a fairly pricey piece of machinery such as a vacuum cleaner that will be in your house for (hopefully) a lifetime, look around first. Don't be impulsive. I'm sure there are a few other excellent vacuum cleaner models such as Hoover or Electrolux, but I only need one vacuum! This is it for now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Great and efficient but on the heavy side. I wanted the smaller broom style version but my husband wanted the full size upright. It does really clean well. Very happy with that. Would prefer a lighter version of the same type rather than the broom style I was looking at. He is now in charge of vacuuming!

Original review: July 16, 2019

We have two of these wonderful vacuum cleaners. One upstairs and one downstairs. We have thrown away so many Hoover and Electrolux and had so many repairs that we opted for a more expensive vacuum cleaner and it sure has paid off with no maintenance whatsoever after five years.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I bought a Miele vacuum and I couldn't be happier or more satisfied. It's the best vacuum I've ever owned. It's on the pricier side but well worth the extra bucks! Great suction, easy to use, and it's quiet.

Original review: July 12, 2019

This is my favorite vacuum ever. Lightweight and easy with a power attachment that can be adapted to carpet or hardwood without changing out attachments. Easy swivel to get under furniture. Canister.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Vacuum just keeps going and going and going. Sixteen years we have been using it. All on high pile and Persian rugs. She still has more suction than anything new on the market. Yes it's pricey, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Company Information