4.50/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

10 Miele Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've had a Shark vacuum and a Hoover vacuum cleaner and maybe a few others over the years. The Hoover is OK and I still use it. Sometimes the belt gets a bit messed up when it sucks something by mistake. It is an upright model. And then I have the burnt tire smell. However, one day I walked into a little home in the wall dedicated vacuum and sewing machine store in order to fix the belt in my Hoover and startled eyeing Miele vacuum cleaners with envy and admiration. They looked beautiful and what caught my eye was that they are made in Germany, a good selling point for me! I'm game. I've also seen ads for Miele vacuum cleaners in more "exclusive" magazines and was curious what they are and how they perform. The store let me "play" with vacuum cleaners and test them out. That is why from now on if I have to deal with vacuums I just go to that dedicated store.

I highly recommend finding yourself a nearby dedicated vacuum store that specializes in vacuums (usually it's vacuums and sewing machines) and carries different brands. They are still around. If you're in the market for a vacuum, you don't want to buy anywhere else. Surprisingly, they are not more expensive than Best Buy or big department stores like Costco or Target. Moving on. The Miele models were stylish, sleek, small, elegant, fairly quiet and did a great job of vacuuming. Actually a most excellent job! They blew me away, so to say. The company has upright and canister models. The prices range from $190, I believe, all the way up to $800 or even $1,500. I fell in love with the floor model and bought it for something between $190 and $250. I don't remember exactly. I hauled it home like a proud baby momma.

I've had the Miele vacuum now for over 3 years and use it 2-3 times a week. I vacuum my wood floor, ceramic tiled bathroom floors, carpets and it gets all the dirt out all the time. There are also a few different heads such as for dust or wall corners. I use them too. I use the dust head for upholstery such as lamp shades.

I've had to replace only the hose once because it was a more rigid plastic and the way I use my vacuum it had twisted and broke in one spot. I had the vacuum and sewing center store look at it and one of the men who works in repairs said he could replace the hose with the Miele brand or make me a hose on the spot from the hoses he had on hand for the same price. I was skeptical but I went with his "custom made" hose. Cost me maybe $30-45. He said it would last a lifetime. It is a bit softer than the Miele's hose. That part he said the company started procuring from China. Not sure if it's true. Yes, the canister bags are fairly small but very well made. They come about 3 to a package. They are maybe $17? And they usually last me a few months.

I am very very very happy with this vacuum and only wished I had purchased it 20 years ago! It should be on any married people's gift registry request. I don't like the fuss and mess of dealing with bagless vacuum cleaners. My Shark vacuum was like that. I hated cleaning it and every year taking it all apart to clean it in detail. It was a huge mess. Not worth it. Not really. No way! Bags are the clean, sanitary, simple way to go. Don't kid yourself about saving money on bags. You'll be kicking yourself whenever you deal with the dust and dirt. I also like the feature that my vacuum is really small and I can use it on my stairs, even holding it with one hand if need be. It has a retractable, automatic power cord that I roll in with the push of a button using my leg! I wish more things in life were as efficient, hard working, and fuss free as my Miele vacuum!

I really don't understand all these people buying vacuums in non-dedicated stores or Dyson brands or other inefficient, overpriced junk. Do your homework and go for the best. If you are even thinking of buying a fairly pricey piece of machinery such as a vacuum cleaner that will be in your house for (hopefully) a lifetime, look around first. Don't be impulsive. I'm sure there are a few other excellent vacuum cleaner models such as Hoover or Electrolux, but I only need one vacuum! This is it for now.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This is a canister vac. The suction is really good and I've had mine for well over ten years. I have the power head and only replaced the belt one time.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 28, 2018

I have had my Miele vacuum for 10 years. It is as good as it was when I bought it. It was expensive but well worth the price. I have all wood floors throughout my abode with rugs scattered in most rooms.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have owned every vacuum made and Miele is the best. It handles dog hair like no other. It does use bags but I don't care. All other vacuums clog with dog hair.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I and two friends have all experienced extreme lack of quality in this brand. Parts break routinely, and cost a ton to repair. The suction is ok, not really much better than other known brands which are much less expensive. Bags are extremely small, necessitating expensive replacement on a much more frequent basis. I have a $300 Kenmore upstairs, and it has had no problems. My $1200 Miele has been a huge pain-in-the-butt money pit. Never again! It's just a name, not a quality product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: March 22, 2018

My Miele Antares sucks... and sucks, and sucks. It's 13 years old and still sucks. Seriously, this has got to be the best vacuum I've ever owned - expensive, but worth every dollar.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We have had a variety of vacuum from Hoovers to Kirby's and we like the Miele the best. It is, however, expensive but very reliable, quiet, and excellent at cleaning over last 5 years.

Original review: March 20, 2018

One of the best vacuums I've owned. I am rough on them, replacing them every few years, but the Miele Capricorn, the canister unit, is built very well, and has lasted about 5 years now. However, the hose assy, extension tube, and floor brush could be better designed - these parts I have had to replace more than twice. Especially the hose, where there are delicate control contacts that keep shutting off the unit while operating - they require maintenance and not very easy to get at.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The fact that both vacuum cleaners allow you to control the suction is a plus and the best option yet. I only buy German brands for their great products.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Miele is a great vacuum for hardwood floors and area rugs. Controls are available to change the suction for small throw rugs. My only complaint would be that the cord is a little short but that is not a big issue.

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Company Information