3.38/5

16 Miele Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

I purchased a Miele Kona series vacuum from a small mom and pop vacuum store 3 years ago. Despite regular tune-ups, timely disposal of bags and filters, it is a real disappointment both on hardwood floors and carpets. Suction is poor. It is poorly balanced so falls over while cleaning. Plastic is cheap and the on-board attachments fit poorly. I purchased a Sebo D series and I absolutely love it!!!!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Whenever I try to call Miele "support," there is usually no support at all. I have a canister vac. For the second time, I have extended the wand and it will not go back in. The first time, they promptly sent me a new wand. Now, they want me to run off to a service center to have it looked at - because, yeah, that's so convenient. I find it odd that it's happened twice, but their solution is to inconvenience me.

I also have a Miele washer and dryer. It took me many phone calls to finally find someone to fix my washer and in the laborious process of trying to arrange service, Miele was NOT in the least helpful. I live near a large metropolitan area, so apparently servicing Miele products is not something repair companies like to do. So, to summarize -- very expensive products AND accessories (check out the price of their vacuum cleaner bags), very expensive service that is difficult to find, and BAD Miele customer service. I won't buy from them again. They must be related to Apple.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I can't believe the poor customer service I am getting with a company that apparently sells top of the line products. Customer service is cold and insensitive when they tell you that your product isn't covered under warranty when it is two months old, because you must have accidentally sucked up water somewhere in your house while cleaning. Clearly not with the high price tag... Poor design and poor quality. Engine blew over a simple accident, I hadn't even realized I picked up any water, must have been on my carpet. Do not buy unless you want to deal with poor customer service and poor quality product. Engine costs 200 to fix.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I give this firm a one-star rating, as zero stars are not an option. DO NOT select a Miele product to avoid the following, plus a 16 months of disruption to your home and HUNDREDS of hours of your time. In summary, Meile dishwasher caused $40,000 in damages to my home. In addition replacement units have a 100% fail rate; plus it will take you hundreds of manhours trying to reach a human being who do their best, NOT to honor warranty on a $1600 dishwasher; that runs and sounds like a $200 Sears unit.

In summary, $40,000 in home damages, (currently) on third non-functional unit in 13 months, with HUNDREDS of man hours trying to reach Miele who actually care or can do anything about it. Read on. The engineering has become sub-par to even $300 DW's while the price remains close to $2,000; and, you will draw the conclusion that Miele has known engineering issues, they pass along onto consumers as cost-saving measures, vs. correct them BEFORE disrupting your home and schedule. Backing all this, is ZERO customer service who could care LESS you are onto a 4th unit in 13 months.

After a number of years, the original Miele DW failed (and while being away for the day) causing $40,000 in damage to floors/cabinets/sheetrock. THAT, was the easy part. What follows is the nightmare you can avoid. The Miele quality is now extremely subpar, and the 'customer service' manages to actually exceed the poor engineering.

Replacement unit #1 (I know. I know...) arrives; with noises SO loud, it sounds worse than a $300 DW, let alone a $1,600 Miele. Replacement unit #2, same issue. ZERO quality control. I asked around; source in-the-know says this is a common Miele problem and feel they simply pass the known faulty units on to consumers. In the meantime, home disruptions, scheduling service replacements, DW's in-and-out of house, and cabinet. Oops, ordered wrong part! Another two week please! In the meantime, 'Regional Manager' genius, since fired, told local repair guy to take a drill to a suspected part (but don't tell owner)... which would void my warranty too I am sure.

All the while, lead times to get replacement units... MONTHS! Customer service, is non-existent. They do not care about the disruptions to your house and schedule. Lots of unresponded to voicemails, no returned calls, kept in the dark as to status, replacement timelines. Second unit is finally found sitting RIGHT IN TOWN for THREE MONTHS, at the local store office. Second and third DW units no good, either?

Take a number. Go to the end of the line. Open a new trouble ticket. Start over with a new "support" staff. We could care less, $40,000 in damage, and you are heading into your FOURTH replacement unit over 15 months. In fact, on 2nd unit Meile finally 'found' it, missing-in-action for three months, on a loading dock all that time. It took the three months to get an answer.

Replacement unit #3 - the noise issue FINALLY solved after 12 months, but, unit #3 will not function at all. Another engineering problem pass on to you: Unit now thinks the water supply line is shut off, and will not run AT ALL. What kind of quality control is there at Miele, where DW's arrive at client site, not even functional? So. $40,000 in damages. Three new units. All, failed. Waiting again for human beings to do SOMETHING. 14 months. TEN site visits to install four failed units (install/diagnose/re-install). And Miele cannot care less. This is the life of living with Miele products, I hope you will avoid.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Our vacuum is 3 years old. The beater brush stopped working last week. The store where we purchased the vacuum said we needed a new hose. The hose cost $180. Wow. That is 15% of the cost of the vacuum. While it works when new the people who review vacuums need to look at the maintenance issues with the Miele vacuums. We could purchase several more common brands and throw them away when they break and be money ahead after 10 years. Not as good of a product as the claims being made about the Miele vacuum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I’m on my 4th upright Miele Vacuum, and like the other 3, it’s BROKEN, yet AGAIN. You may wonder “why” I’ve purchased this brand repeatedly... Well, because when they work, they’re GREAT, -BUT- 2/3rds of the time it’s BROKEN, not sucking up, not pushing forward, the beater brush is stuck up inside... ALWAYS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG. We do not have shag carpet, or anything other than a normal carpet. While trying to shake the machine tonight to get it to move forward, the top BROKE OFF THE BOTTOM. Yes, you read that correct! A $600 vacuum, is now TRASH! Save your money, and buy something else.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've had a Shark vacuum and a Hoover vacuum cleaner and maybe a few others over the years. The Hoover is OK and I still use it. Sometimes the belt gets a bit messed up when it sucks something by mistake. It is an upright model. And then I have the burnt tire smell. However, one day I walked into a little home in the wall dedicated vacuum and sewing machine store in order to fix the belt in my Hoover and startled eyeing Miele vacuum cleaners with envy and admiration. They looked beautiful and what caught my eye was that they are made in Germany, a good selling point for me! I'm game. I've also seen ads for Miele vacuum cleaners in more "exclusive" magazines and was curious what they are and how they perform. The store let me "play" with vacuum cleaners and test them out. That is why from now on if I have to deal with vacuums I just go to that dedicated store.

I highly recommend finding yourself a nearby dedicated vacuum store that specializes in vacuums (usually it's vacuums and sewing machines) and carries different brands. They are still around. If you're in the market for a vacuum, you don't want to buy anywhere else. Surprisingly, they are not more expensive than Best Buy or big department stores like Costco or Target. Moving on. The Miele models were stylish, sleek, small, elegant, fairly quiet and did a great job of vacuuming. Actually a most excellent job! They blew me away, so to say. The company has upright and canister models. The prices range from $190, I believe, all the way up to $800 or even $1,500. I fell in love with the floor model and bought it for something between $190 and $250. I don't remember exactly. I hauled it home like a proud baby momma.

I've had the Miele vacuum now for over 3 years and use it 2-3 times a week. I vacuum my wood floor, ceramic tiled bathroom floors, carpets and it gets all the dirt out all the time. There are also a few different heads such as for dust or wall corners. I use them too. I use the dust head for upholstery such as lamp shades.

I've had to replace only the hose once because it was a more rigid plastic and the way I use my vacuum it had twisted and broke in one spot. I had the vacuum and sewing center store look at it and one of the men who works in repairs said he could replace the hose with the Miele brand or make me a hose on the spot from the hoses he had on hand for the same price. I was skeptical but I went with his "custom made" hose. Cost me maybe $30-45. He said it would last a lifetime. It is a bit softer than the Miele's hose. That part he said the company started procuring from China. Not sure if it's true. Yes, the canister bags are fairly small but very well made. They come about 3 to a package. They are maybe $17? And they usually last me a few months.

I am very very very happy with this vacuum and only wished I had purchased it 20 years ago! It should be on any married people's gift registry request. I don't like the fuss and mess of dealing with bagless vacuum cleaners. My Shark vacuum was like that. I hated cleaning it and every year taking it all apart to clean it in detail. It was a huge mess. Not worth it. Not really. No way! Bags are the clean, sanitary, simple way to go. Don't kid yourself about saving money on bags. You'll be kicking yourself whenever you deal with the dust and dirt. I also like the feature that my vacuum is really small and I can use it on my stairs, even holding it with one hand if need be. It has a retractable, automatic power cord that I roll in with the push of a button using my leg! I wish more things in life were as efficient, hard working, and fuss free as my Miele vacuum!

I really don't understand all these people buying vacuums in non-dedicated stores or Dyson brands or other inefficient, overpriced junk. Do your homework and go for the best. If you are even thinking of buying a fairly pricey piece of machinery such as a vacuum cleaner that will be in your house for (hopefully) a lifetime, look around first. Don't be impulsive. I'm sure there are a few other excellent vacuum cleaner models such as Hoover or Electrolux, but I only need one vacuum! This is it for now.

Original review: March 29, 2018

This is a canister vac. The suction is really good and I've had mine for well over ten years. I have the power head and only replaced the belt one time.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have had my Miele vacuum for 10 years. It is as good as it was when I bought it. It was expensive but well worth the price. I have all wood floors throughout my abode with rugs scattered in most rooms.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have owned every vacuum made and Miele is the best. It handles dog hair like no other. It does use bags but I don't care. All other vacuums clog with dog hair.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I and two friends have all experienced extreme lack of quality in this brand. Parts break routinely, and cost a ton to repair. The suction is ok, not really much better than other known brands which are much less expensive. Bags are extremely small, necessitating expensive replacement on a much more frequent basis. I have a $300 Kenmore upstairs, and it has had no problems. My $1200 Miele has been a huge pain-in-the-butt money pit. Never again! It's just a name, not a quality product.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My Miele Antares sucks... and sucks, and sucks. It's 13 years old and still sucks. Seriously, this has got to be the best vacuum I've ever owned - expensive, but worth every dollar.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We have had a variety of vacuum from Hoovers to Kirby's and we like the Miele the best. It is, however, expensive but very reliable, quiet, and excellent at cleaning over last 5 years.

Original review: March 20, 2018

One of the best vacuums I've owned. I am rough on them, replacing them every few years, but the Miele Capricorn, the canister unit, is built very well, and has lasted about 5 years now. However, the hose assy, extension tube, and floor brush could be better designed - these parts I have had to replace more than twice. Especially the hose, where there are delicate control contacts that keep shutting off the unit while operating - they require maintenance and not very easy to get at.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The fact that both vacuum cleaners allow you to control the suction is a plus and the best option yet. I only buy German brands for their great products.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Miele is a great vacuum for hardwood floors and area rugs. Controls are available to change the suction for small throw rugs. My only complaint would be that the cord is a little short but that is not a big issue.

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Company Information