3.9/5 (60 ratings)

About Miele Vacuum Cleaners

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I purchased a C3 Miele Vacuum a few months ago and within a short period of time the motor overheated to the point where it warped the case so that the switch wouldn't work to turn the vacuum on. I called support and they told me to take it in for service to fix it. Once the technician examined it he discovered that it would need 6 major parts to repair it including the case and motor. The thought was that Miele would send a new vacuum since this is a major repair. Miele decided to send the parts - which they don't have and are on back order. The vacuum has been in for repair for 4 weeks and it will take at least another 2 weeks to get the parts (not confirmed) and then the technician has to repair it.

As it is right now the soonest I will have the vacuum back is the 2nd week of January. If you do the math I will not have a vacuum over the holiday and haven't had one for 4 weeks and have dogs. I was on hold for 2 hours in an escalation process and after all that had my escalation submitted but it could take up to 72 hours for someone to get back to me. Very disappointed in how this has been handled but even more disappointment in the vacuum that I purchased because I thought it was a premium vacuum.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased 2 Miele C-3 canister vacuum cleaners (One for upstairs and another for down). I enjoy the powerful suction, but have had issues with the bag holder not grasping the bag and having a huge mess to clean up when the bag chamber is filled with debris. The salesperson stated "would only need to change the bags 4 times per year", that is false. You need to change bags at least 8 times a year or the motor will overheat. The "onboard tools" are like "toy tools" and that is a waste, I never use them and had to spend money on additional tools which I am not that happy with.

For upholstered furniture, I prefer a "brush type" tool, which is not available (I found a proper "aftermarket" dusting brush). It should not be an ordeal to find tools one is comfortable using. The bags and filters are expensive and the only way to purchase them at a better price is to "buy in bulk". I like the lightweight build and the strong suction (plus long cord), but it has a "plastic motor" probably to cut down in weight and they are expensive for what they are, plus repairs are very expensive. Now, all are "Made In China", except for the model C-3 machines… I see other people comment that they "are all German made", but that is false, the C-1 and C-2 are Chinese made..

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Purchased for home use late 2017. Only good quality; it’s quiet. Does not have a power switch on handle. (That was $500.00 more) What difference does that make? Try cleaning something while on a ladder. To shut it off you have to climb down the ladder and press the switch on the body. If something gets sucked in, e.g. corner of a curtain, clothing, etc., try to shut it off quickly. And remember, to have a switch on the handle is an additional $500.00 to an already very expensive vacuum.

To add to the frustration, the power cord return is a one-touch. (Meaning you do not have to press and hold the button to retract the cord.) You can easily bump the button while vacuuming. The cord retracts very quickly, whipping anything in its way, marking walls, baseboards and knocking ornaments down. The vacuum moves easily on hard surfaces but is a nightmare on carpet. It tends to roll over and guess what, it hits the cord-retract button and watch out for the flying cord. Then there is the power head. Mosel SEB 217-3 Electro Comfort. They claim that it is an auto-adjustable head. There is no adjustment, automatic or otherwise. We have a medium pile rug and can only drag the power head across it. You CANNOT push it. Drag it towards you then lift it, move ahead and put it down to drag the next section.

Then the extendable wand seized up and I went to my dealer to have it replaced on warranty. They filled out a warranty request right there in front of me and said it would be about two weeks wait. At three weeks I phoned and they said it was delayed. At five weeks I phoned and got the service guy who put me on hold and then came back and said, “Oh yah, it’s on order. Might be another couple of weeks”. At nine weeks without any notice from them I phoned and was told by someone else that there was no warranty request on file. That person said to come in, they would give me a new wand out of stock.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Easy to use. Lightweight and cleans perfectly. A bit expensive though. I have a Canister and a stick Miele - love them both. Tried Dyson (too heavy and cumbersome) and many other brands thru the years so I do have experience with vacuums.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

After reading and conducting a fair amount of due diligence before purchasing new vacuum cleaners, we purchased Miele upright and canister vacuums. Relative to other brands, the reputation of Miele is "high quality" and "expensive." To date, the vacuums have worked great (home use, only). Recently, our upright model would not turn off when pushing the on/off button on the handle; we could only turn it off by unplugging the unit; we had never encountered this issue with other brands in over 45 years of vacuum ownership/use.

The repair store also claimed to never have seen this issue. $132 later (top section of handle required replacement), the vacuum works again. My issue is two fold: I suspect a very inexpensive (few dollars) connector, switch, or terminal required replacing, but due to the assembly only design and manufacture, the handle needed replacing, as the repair shop could not get to the faulty connector.

Secondly, I contacted Miele USA to offer my feedback - high cost to repair, never had this issue previously, Miele's supposed superior quality, and the higher cost of the unit itself (I expect more of a product when I pay this much for it). Response: "Sorry." "What would you like me to do." Speaking to a service manager - "I'm sorry for your inconvenience. I'll bring it up at our next staff meeting...." I'm sorry, when paying $800-$1250 for a vacuum, I expect a little higher quality and customer service. Bottom line: Disappointed in both the quality of the product and the customer service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Prior to my last vacuum purchase, I was trying to decide between Dyson and Oreck. Online search results were clear - skip them both and go with Miele. It cost a bit more than I planned to spend, but SO worth it! Miele does an amazing job on both wood floors and carpeted areas. Also very easy to use - body swivels to go around corners and lays flat to reach under beds. All attachments are incorporated into the body, so it's super easy to take care of baseboards and upholstery as you go. I will never own another brand of vacuum.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The best vacuum I've ever brought. Had an Electrolux, Hoover, Bissell, Kenmore canister, Shark with every attachment where my long hair never tangled around the brush and an Oreck. Shark & Bissell are the worse to empty if like me have allergies, made me quite ill. Bissel was light cordless. My Miele I bought canister to keep my new mattress clean and use to do my drapes, dust my furniture and use to dust my leather furniture. It is an accompaniment to use with my upright Oreck. Miele has a powerful motor engineered in Germany with best suction over even my Electrolux canister. I love that it has bags rather than emptying the canisters and the same with my Oreck upright. Bags are the best to use. I recommend Miele canister over any other. Love my Oreck but next upright will be a Miele. You get what you pay for and it is an investment well spent in your health as you clean.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Very reliable. Long lasting. Gifted one to my daughter. Bought from a local vacuum/sewing machine dealer. They recommend this make very highly. Have had this make about 5 plus years. So far no repairs needed.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Miele Vacuums manufacturing is mainly in Germany with parts from other parts of Europe. Not China or elsewhere. It is refreshing to buy something that is not made in China and is of the highest quality. It really works well. It easily transitions from hard surface to carpet or vice versa. I have really enjoyed mine and have not had a single issue with it. Mine is over 6 years old and would highly recommend anyone to get one. It will be your last vacuum cleaner.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Excellent quality and value, very well made and designed. Very powerful and quiet. This Miele vacuum is made in Germany and has excellent build quality. Hepa filters are very easy to use and convenient.

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Company Information