2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

4.0/5 (57 ratings)

About Miele Vacuum Cleaners

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Easy to use. Lightweight and cleans perfectly. A bit expensive though. I have a Canister and a stick Miele - love them both. Tried Dyson (too heavy and cumbersome) and many other brands thru the years so I do have experience with vacuums.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Prior to my last vacuum purchase, I was trying to decide between Dyson and Oreck. Online search results were clear - skip them both and go with Miele. It cost a bit more than I planned to spend, but SO worth it! Miele does an amazing job on both wood floors and carpeted areas. Also very easy to use - body swivels to go around corners and lays flat to reach under beds. All attachments are incorporated into the body, so it's super easy to take care of baseboards and upholstery as you go. I will never own another brand of vacuum.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The best vacuum I've ever brought. Had an Electrolux, Hoover, Bissell, Kenmore canister, Shark with every attachment where my long hair never tangled around the brush and an Oreck. Shark & Bissell are the worse to empty if like me have allergies, made me quite ill. Bissel was light cordless. My Miele I bought canister to keep my new mattress clean and use to do my drapes, dust my furniture and use to dust my leather furniture. It is an accompaniment to use with my upright Oreck. Miele has a powerful motor engineered in Germany with best suction over even my Electrolux canister. I love that it has bags rather than emptying the canisters and the same with my Oreck upright. Bags are the best to use. I recommend Miele canister over any other. Love my Oreck but next upright will be a Miele. You get what you pay for and it is an investment well spent in your health as you clean.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Very reliable. Long lasting. Gifted one to my daughter. Bought from a local vacuum/sewing machine dealer. They recommend this make very highly. Have had this make about 5 plus years. So far no repairs needed.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Miele Vacuums manufacturing is mainly in Germany with parts from other parts of Europe. Not China or elsewhere. It is refreshing to buy something that is not made in China and is of the highest quality. It really works well. It easily transitions from hard surface to carpet or vice versa. I have really enjoyed mine and have not had a single issue with it. Mine is over 6 years old and would highly recommend anyone to get one. It will be your last vacuum cleaner.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

After reading and conducting a fair amount of due diligence before purchasing new vacuum cleaners, we purchased Miele upright and canister vacuums. Relative to other brands, the reputation of Miele is "high quality" and "expensive." To date, the vacuums have worked great (home use, only). Recently, our upright model would not turn off when pushing the on/off button on the handle; we could only turn it off by unplugging the unit; we had never encountered this issue with other brands in over 45 years of vacuum ownership/use.

The repair store also claimed to never have seen this issue. $132 later (top section of handle required replacement), the vacuum works again. My issue is two fold: I suspect a very inexpensive (few dollars) connector, switch, or terminal required replacing, but due to the assembly only design and manufacture, the handle needed replacing, as the repair shop could not get to the faulty connector.

Secondly, I contacted Miele USA to offer my feedback - high cost to repair, never had this issue previously, Miele's supposed superior quality, and the higher cost of the unit itself (I expect more of a product when I pay this much for it). Response: "Sorry." "What would you like me to do." Speaking to a service manager - "I'm sorry for your inconvenience. I'll bring it up at our next staff meeting...." I'm sorry, when paying $800-$1250 for a vacuum, I expect a little higher quality and customer service. Bottom line: Disappointed in both the quality of the product and the customer service.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Excellent quality and value, very well made and designed. Very powerful and quiet. This Miele vacuum is made in Germany and has excellent build quality. Hepa filters are very easy to use and convenient.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We bought a Miele Lumen dishwasher a couple years ago and have had nothing but problems from the time it was installed. The dishes don’t get clean. I have tried all their “suggestions” and several different soaps. A tech came out a few times but nothing changed. As a last-ditch effort, I recently decided to try it on the “sanitize” cycle and that worked finally. The part I hate about this is that it is a 2 hour and 50-minute cycle!!!! So much for saving on electricity. On their website it says, “Save up to 50% on electricity. All Miele Dishwashers can be connected to a hot water connection at a temperature of up to 150°F. This reduces electricity consumption by up to 50% and running times by up to 10%. In the Economy program, the energy consumption of the dishwasher drops to as little as 0.45 kWh.” If I ran it on economy my dishes would be so dirty!

The dishwasher also condensates or leaks water under my cabinet and drips onto the floor leaving a puddle. Not to mention it drips on the electronic panel. I imagine there is a failure waiting to happen there. On the same side it drips it also build up all the gunk on the inside of the door panel. It is weird and I have no clue how this is happening. I keep cleaning it off and the next day it is back again after a cycle of dishes. I have pictures and video of everything I am explaining. Lastly, I have a horrible rattle when the dishwasher first starts.

We had a working KitchenAid before we thought we were “upgrading” to a Miele. We now wish we had never got rid of the KitchenAid. We have a Miele vacuum and have been happy. Miele is supposed to be the best of the best. Sad to say that after our experience with the dishwasher we will never buy a Miele product again. To say I hate this dishwasher is an understatement! I’m ready to “office space” it!

After I wrote a review a while back a manager had contacted me and had someone come out to try to “fix” it. However, nothing was ever fixed. In fact, after inspecting under my sink recently I have noticed that the water line is connected to the cold water. It should be connected to the hot water, per their website. I have reached out recently but no one has returned my emails/calls.

Original review: May 25, 2020

This is a heavy duty vacuum, and when it works it thoroughly cleans well. I have 3 corgis and wanted something built to last to endure the dog hair. The continued problem is clogging and no suction. Then it spreads dust and throws debris all over, and the edges spew out dog hair as you move it back and forth during vacuuming. It’s not an easy vacuum to work with in checking all of the places that clogs occur. Just to gain access to the brush roller you have to remove 6 different size T10 and T20 star bits. There is a plastic piece on the back of the vacuum that requires a flathead screwdriver, I’ve had to take it off so many times that the plastic is stripped. I’m very disappointed with the design and wouldn’t recommend it for dogs.

Original review: May 15, 2020

This Miele upright is a workhorse with a variety of settings and options. It does all that it is asked and then some. Bought on a recommendation, pleased with result. Would buy again, but don't expect a need for sometime. Love it!

Miele Vacuum Cleaners Company Information