2.79/5

358 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2019

Not worth $3000. Like someone else on this site, I normally don’t fall for a con! Must have been having a senior moment that day! When the sales woman demonstrated the machine she left it sitting on the empty box the entire time and it was really quiet. Once she left and I moved it to the family room it was so noisy, loud whining noise, I recorded it and when she stopped by my part time job, I played it for her and she acted surprised that it was so loud. She said she’d check their warehouse and see if they had another one.

A week went by, no response. I sent a text and asked what was going on, she responded saying they all sound similar to that and there was nothing they could do. I responded saying that was unacceptable and I wanted it replaced with a quiet unit or my money back. She responded that she would be at our house in an hour with another unit. It doesn’t whine like the other one but it is still loud. I would never recommend this to anyone. What a major rip off.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been having a horrible time trying to get someone to contact me about what is going on with my account. No one want's to help that is in charge. They do not reply to emails or callbacks. I am beginning to think it is all a scam. I have done my part in "selling" 3 Rainbows. I have called every number I have been given and found. I am so disappointed in the way the service is. WHAT CAN I DO???? Who can I call?

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I did a demo for a free RainMate and was never told it was for a vacuum. When the people who were an acquaintance of mine from a previous job arrived I was told we were waiting for someone else that would be doing the demo. Which I was never told anyone else would be coming with them. Once the demonstrator showed up things went downhill. The conversation was very inappropriate especially in front of children. Luckily they weren't mine. So the inappropriate conversation continued the whole demo not just by my acquaintance and her husband but by the demonstrator as well. We are all adults so my husband and I didn't say anything and did joke as well at times but we both felt as though the man doing the demonstration and representing the Rainbow Company should have put a stop to the conversation and it wasn't just the conversation but inappropriate actions as well.

This is very poor representation of this company and was not professional at all. However b/c we were impressed with the vacuum and decided to purchase through the financing. The demonstrator did all the paperwork. Went out to call the finance company for approval which I was told we had and when our payments would be due and the amount. He said the finance company would call me that week which ended up being the following week almost 2 weeks later. Once the finance company called 2 days later we started receiving messages from the husband accusing my husband of wanting his wife and threatening him.

Now mind you we were all in the same room except one time when my husband went outside to see a friend for a couple of minutes and the wife stepped on my front porch in plain view of where I was sitting. He was never alone with her or said or touched her inappropriately and again I was right there. My landlord who was also outside never saw anything as well. This all stemmed from conversation that they started and their demonstrator allowed. We purchased the Rainbow because it is a good product and it was helping get theirs free or reduced.

Once all this started I immediately regret this purchase. I tried to return it because we did not want them getting credit after they started lies and threats. I contacted Rainbow and have been given the runaround and no one will respond to emails other than to say that they have conflicting information and will not elaborate on this. Now right at 2 months later I get a letter from the finance company saying they can't finance us and that I need to contact Dream Machine and gave me their number which by the way are the same people that would not respond to emails. I have not agreed for any other company to finance me or to have my credit run by other finance companies.

I have called and had to leave voice messages and have not received one return call and my payment through the original contract is due 4/22. I am finding that all my dealings up to this point have been very unprofessional on every level and has left me regretting ever allowing these people in my home and I will warn anyone that tells me they have a demo scheduled regarding a RainMate or Rainbow to cancel it and don't even consider it because it is not worth all this headache in the long run. I will tell my experience to them so they don't make the same mistake I did. If I can get this cursed machine out of my home I will be happy. So since I can't seem to get any help from anyone associated with this company I will be contacting my bank on the best way to handle this and possibly my attorney!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

It saddens me to see all these sad stories of bad distributors. The Rainbow is a great product. So advice from me would be the Rainbow is great but check the reputation of the sales rep. And office in which you are purchasing from. These are all horror stories and the region I'm in does not work like that. A lot of these reviews are not true of the Rainbow itself. Not all the offices operate like this. I know none of it is true in our office. We can show anyone. Your attachments get shipped. Earning your Rainbow for free is possible! You do get more free stuff for booking more shows.

After months of allergy testing and many medications for my kids with no results we decided to get an air purifier. While scrolling FB I saw a post for a free air cleaner so I signed up. We were shown the Rainbow and thought this is great. It's an everything machine. I noticed day 1 how much better I felt in the morning. 2 weeks later I noticed my kids hadn't been complaining about their illnesses so I started weaning them off their meds. We are 3 months medicine and allergy free!!! Also when I vacuum my carpet and I can see through the water is like pure satisfaction. ???? I'm saving so much time and money not going to the docs and getting prescriptions. I ran demos and got my machine for free! I am now selling them. I love the company I work for. And I love making a difference in other people's lives.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We purchased our Rainbow 3 months ago, and it has been the best decision we have made for our family! First off, it acts as an air purifier 24/7 which means I clean up a FRACTION of pet hair (I have a long haired dog and cat) from the floors than I used to. Secondly, my carpeted stairs and microfiber couch have never been cleaner. The stairs feel fluffy and squishy instead of matted and intertwined with black dog hair. Being able to easily clean all of my hardwood floors & baseboards, dust my electronics, pictures and shelves with one machine and with no chemicals has made me feel so grateful!

On top of just loving the Rainbow itself, learning about the quality of indoor air and being able to protect my family has been a huge blessing. We owned a Dyson before this, and we thought we had a good product. It has proved to be less than amazing, they just have really good marketing. Dry filters don't work no matter if they are in a $500 Dyson or a $3500 Kirby. Water as a filter is genius and it's really not hard to clean out, so totally worth the extra step.

I didn't have $3000 in my bank account when we had our presentation, so I am so grateful that they offered me a payment plan. I would pay $100 a month for the rest of my life if I meant I would be able to keep this machine in my home. Don't be scared of the price tag, folks! Realize that these Dealers are doing their best to provide for their families as well, so you are able to help other people just like yourself instead of throwing money away to some billion dollar company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I was so excited about getting the demo at my home. It was scheduled for a bit after 7pm since I got off work at 7 that evening. I waited till 7:30 before I started calling. Turns out that we were never entered into the system. Stuff happens! I wasn't upset. We rescheduled for 4 days later. I started discussing the rainbow system with my adult son. I decided that I wanted to look into doing demos myself. I'm a great salesperson and really it's a rainbow they are awesome! I just received a text from the lady that was going to do our demo. It says that they won't be able to do or demo because are don't meet the CEO qualifications. I responded... which are? You must be a couple, both be employed, and own your home.

So our qualifications are we have been married many years, I manage a finance company and have for over 13 years, my husband is unable to work any more due to 21 years of service to our country and receives full VA benefits, and because we have made a decision not to purchase a house until I retire. We do however, rent the same home for the past 5 years. I feel very much discriminated against. How dare they judge our decisions. They don't ever know who they are turning down and are missing out on sales and great salespeople. I won't be doing business with them obviously but I will share my story with everyone I can!

Original review: March 5, 2019

My mother bought a rainbow back in the early 80s, it still works, I bought her a new tank and a brush for her motorized head and it has less options than mine, but still does a great job. My neighbor bought one and I agreed to let them do a demo and told them I wasn't buying it. The guy came over and was as plastic as they come. He told me putting ice cubes in it would drop the room temperature 3 degrees, I told him, "No, it doesn't have a condenser. That ain't happening." He went on and on about the air purifier and kept banging this light on the floor. I kept telling him, "Move on, I've seen everything you have shown me so far."

Finally he gets to the part where he vacuums my hardwood floors and shows me all the dirt and sand in between the planks, then he uses the rain jet to clean the floor. He only spent about five minutes doing that, but it worked. That was what I needed to want one. I never buy from anyone selling door to door, but I asked him how much for the vacuum and the rain jet, he came back at $3,800 or so, so I told him to take a hike.

I continued to look online and I finally found a place in NYC that sells remanufactured rainbows for about $1,300, so about a third of the price. I bought it and it came in the mail and everything on it was brand new. I probably would never get any warranty work for the guy, but anyone with a little mechanical background can repair one of these with a YouTube video. It does a great job, I have had mine for probably two years. There are multiple sites online that sell the deodorized, scents and accessories. I just bought the small power nozzle and some scent and replacement brushes for a little over $100. It removes hair, dust, skins cells and it smells clean as it works. It's worth having one, but don't ever let them in your house and buy it online, on Amazon. You can check out the person's rating and you will save thousands.

The Rexaire people will try to scare you by saying it will be stolen or they won't service it, guess what? They won't service it without you paying for the service anyway so why pay more. Why give up three hours of your life to get an AIDA salesperson, who lies about things that they don't even need to lie about. Guess what? It is a great product, but you will always have dust and dirt and skin cells in your house, this just does a much better job than most vacuums at removing them.

Plus when you clean it, everything is wet, so you don't have all this nasty dust going back into the air. Instead you have to clean a bedpan, but it cleans completly in about 15 minutes and then you just put it up. You need to clean the spinning filter about every other time, because it get a lot of fine dust on it and you need to change the HEPA filter about once a year, don't try to run water over it and let it dry, it won't. Just spend the $18 and throw it out like your AC filters. Great product, way overprice if you get it from a dealer.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We bought our Rainbow cleaning system in August 2018. Within 24 hours I could already feel the difference in the air. If you have ever researched home air purifiers then you know they are pricey and a lot of maintenance costs over the lifespan. The Rainbow uses cold tap water as its filter!!! You never have to buy another filter!!! I was quoted $2000 to put air scrubbers in both our HVAC systems and those only cleaned the air. Not our home.

BONUS, I was able to get the Rainbow for free. I was super proactive and contacted my friends with kids struggling with allergies and asthma. I was able to get fully reimbursed within 45 days. It not only is an amazing product but our family got it for free. We only paid the tax. We have had it six months and the water basin still looks new. Our children (6 & 18 months) are NEVER sick!!! That’s worth every penny even if we had to pay it in full. I use the system as a wet vac at least twice weekly since I have a boy who likes to be messy. Our lives have changed for the better because of this system. Seeing negative reviews about the demo and people who didn’t finish earning it free is giving many people the wrong perception for a super awesome product.

We have seen so many friends with kids on inhalers slow down or stop the use all together. Friends off allergy meds. People cleaning and actually enjoying it! Feeling clean! The reduction in cost for cleaning supplies in the home has been amazing. I clean my entire home with the rainbow system and Norwex clothes. I have sanitizing wipes just in case but I rarely use them. It’s hard to believe the Rainbow cleans EVERY THING in our home but it truly does.

If you are looking for a solution to smelly, mildew, pet stinky, cat odor type of air in your home or even workplace, this will fix that problem. If you hate buying new filters and cleaning them between use while being exposed to all that crazy dust and dirt when dumping your vacuum, this will fix your problem. From a mom to all the mom and dads out there, your health and children’s health will Thank You. You should never regret investing in the lifespan of your home and your family.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I had a similar experience to someone else on this site. We entered for a free air purifier at a local home expo. A couple of days later, we got a call that we had won. The woman on the phone was very nice and wanted to arrange a time for them to come drop the purifier off at our house. We ultimately spoke 2-3 times on the phone in setting up and confirming the appointment, and she clearly stated that 1. We would not be asked to purchase anything, only give a positive review if we like it. 2. They just wanted to go over how to operate it since it's an appliance. She also stressed that the air purifier is so great and can clean the air in a home up to 2200 sq. feet.

A couple arrived at our house, and the "appliance" turned out to be a very small purifier for a car or bathroom. No instructions were really required. Then somehow we ended up sitting through a 70 minute demonstration for a $3k vacuum (the price was not revealed until the end). I want to stress that both people were very nice and not pushy... But the premise for them coming to our house was entirely misrepresented. During the sales pitch, they also asked us for 10 names and numbers of people who also might like a vacuum demo. Recommending three people for demos is also a way to reduce the price.

All in all, they were nice like I said, and they completely respected our wishes NOT to share the contact information for any of our friends/family. But this was a bait and switch in terms of the premise for them coming over, and the description of what we had won was an outright deception. Given that their system seems rely on getting potential customers to hand over the contact info for more people, this seems like an MLM and/or pyramid scheme where salespeople have to be dishonest in order to get in the door, and then jump through a bunch of hoops of their own in order to make a living with the company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've never been conned into anything in my life. Until now. I don't know if it was low blood sugar, early onset senility, or straight up sleep deprivation from raising 5 kids, but I got taken. My wife and I agreed to buy something for which we had absolutely no use - our house is a construction site. My wife "won" a "free" mini Rainbow unit if we would sit through a demo. The sales rep came out and did the demo. She did a good job, was very convincing and nice. The Rainbow unit itself is intriguing and makes some interesting claims. However, there is no way it is worth $3000 - yes $3000!

Like I said we agreed to it. My wife signed up for the "free" option. Immediately after the sales rep left, we looked at each other and realized what a stupid mistake we had made in being persuaded to do this. The sales rep left at 9pm and had quite a drive home so out of decent human courtesy we choose not to call her till morning. The unit literally sat there on the floor all night right where she left it. We never even plugged it in. We called at 8am the next morning. We explained this to the sales rep and she passed us on to her boss.

We were not treated with the same courtesy and consideration we had extended to them. Her boss continued to try to convince us to keep it and when we said no, informed us that there would be an almost $300 restocking and cleaning fee. He claimed that they would have to pay for a "certified technician" to go over it. He later admitted that it would be himself that would look at it to make sure it was clean to go to the next demo. And no doubt be presented as "new" as it was to us and as it would have been to the next potential buyers had we not taken it.

It ended up being quite a mess. All up we paid the almost $300 "cleaning fee" even though we never plugged the unit in or used it at all - we only had had it for a few hours. As a result of this distributor's terrible return "policy" (that we never even got a copy of) and his complete lack of normal customer consideration, we have absolutely nothing to show for the $300 we paid! Nothing except stress, pain, lots of wasted time, and a few tears by my wife. By the way, it was her birthday. Thanks Rainbow - you are a real class act... (I will leave names out because my intent is not to disparage an individual, only to raise awareness for potential buyers - think hard before you sign.)

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I can't believe I've lived with below par vacuums and air filters my whole life! I absolutely love my new Rainbow Environmental Cleaning system. I can't stop vacuuming and now I can taste the sweetness in the air of Maui. My husband's asthma is 100% better. Rain makes his worse (mold spores), and with these last few rain storms we've had here it didn't even affect him. I highly recommend this cleaner.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have a 22 year old Rainbow. It is the best vacuum I’ve owned. It’s works just as good today as the day I purchased it. I’ve also purchased a Miele - and honestly it doesn’t even come close to the suction of my Rainbow. The only thing that I would like better is buying a new Rainbow!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased my Rainbow in August. Part of the purchase promo was free gifts. The sales rep promised that he would bring them by within 2 weeks and the other gift would be mailed from the company. I never received them. I contacted the sales rep several times, and wasn't able to get ahold of him until December. He then promised me that he would get it to me by the end of the week. Still waiting. I've contacted the company and the sales rep. I will be disputing the charge now. I love the product, but I don't want to drop thousands of dollars on a company that treats its customers like that. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I agreed to do the program to get my Rainbow for free. I was willing to do the work to get it because it is a great product and I do love it. But the more you work hard to get done it seems like the Rainbow staff is working hard against you to make sure you don't get everything finished. When I would complete each step, it was like pulling teeth to get the stuff I earned. I have save multiple messages between me and the reps where they promise to get your stuff to you and never do. I finally after 2 months of messaging and calling, I finally got the rest of my stuff!

Well almost, I'm still waiting on the check that I'm owed, and I was told 3 days ago by someone at the Rainbow office that everything was approved and I would receive my check in about 2 weeks, and then I get an email last night saying yes I met all of my 12 demos and I had 4 sales but none of the people in my 4 sales had good enough credit for them so they want me to make 2 more sales to please them before I can have my check! I refuse, I will not ask anyone of my friends or family to do a demo and have them go through the grief I have went through for the past 6 months! If you want one, buy it outright with no intention of doing the program, it's just not worth the headache!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Purchased the rainbow 12/22. We were very impressed with the Rainbow the 1st few days, but by the 10th business day we realized the machine was not for our family and reached out to the distributor (1/6). For a 4k machine you would think they would stand behind the quality (they do not). You only have three days to return it. (The distributor did not disclose that.) And the contract you sign with the finance company does not state that it is also the contract with the seller. Do your research before purchasing Their score on BBB is an F (we now know why).

The free air purifier is currently viral on Facebook. They only speak to homeowners (not renters), and mostly only visit two-income families. It is well worth the money to avoid the sells pitch to just go purchase an air purifier elsewhere (forget the freebie, it's just to get in your door). The fact is that the machine does not perform the way the distributor said (worse part, the water smells terrible if you don't dump it immediately. He said it would not smell). 22 days later our filters are just as dusty as they were before (after he said we would see less dust). He stated that the Rainbow acts as a humidifier, air purifier, and a deodorizer, but the fact is that is just not true. The rainbow has the POTENTIAL to do those things, but it is not guaranteed. He also stated that the air purifier was "medical grade" (our daughter's allergies tell another story).

My husband actually spoke to the owner (Keith) that stated: "While the Rainbow might not be the BEST vacuum, it is greater than most." (We were told is was the best.) We were 100% deceived. The distributor we worked with was Mike **. Bottom line is: They do NOT stand behind their product and they lie in order to push their product. They are the "new Kirby guys." Buyers beware.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The Rainbow vacuum is a great product, over priced but great product. It needs to come with more attachments and a long reach extension for the money they ask. The only way to buy one is outright, demand a new one out of still in the new box, inspect it and then pay for it. Shannon was the gentleman who sold us ours. He presents the product well, he is only concerned with the sale, has no follow up and flat out misleads you. If you are in the market check online. There is one made in Canada for half the price. Looks just as good. Search out Sirena vacuum, Quantum vacuum, or just search Rainbow vacuum competition. Best of luck!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was at a home show in Spokane WA and I filled out a free Rainbow Rainmate II air cleaner giveaway paper. A few weeks later I got a call from the saleswomen named Rhonda saying I won. She said she would come to my house to drop off the air cleaner and demonstrate the product. We agreed on a date and time and the last minute she texted me to cancel but would get back with me. She never did get back with me. This company isn't trustworthy and they play a con on you. Do not buy anything from them, run and run away fast from them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

There is no other vacuum that can clean better than the Rainbow Vacuum. I do not care about the weight of the machine or the time it takes to set it up. After using the air filter to add in a nice scent to my home then vacuuming, I am always so happy to empty out that canister of the filth that I have removed from my home and am amazed that all that filth was in my space. My husband and I live with 4 dogs and all those feet can track in a lot of dirt and deposit dander and fur far and wide. No one would know a dog is in my house after I clean. Best money I ever spent on an appliance. It cleans pillows, mattresses, dog beds, walls, floors: tile and carpet and I use it to clean my car. There is not a surface in my home that has not been cleaned with my Rainbow Vacuum.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This vacuum is an inconvenience if you make a small mess because you have to fill it with water when you start and dispose the water every time. Then you have to wash the container every time. Not worth 3000 dollars. Cheaper would be better.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

If you're gonna get it pay for outright. Don't do the "great/easy program". It's a great machine to have, but too bulky, too heavy & not convenient, you can get many other great machines for way LOWER price. Back to what I was saying about the program, don't do it! There are so many hoops you have to jump through to get it for so called free but it's really not free in the end. You'll be paying about $300. None of the workers actually know what the contract says about what is eligible and what is not.

No matter how many shows you do, there will always be something wrong with one of the shows that you did so that they can keep using you. By no means am I saying that you cannot complete the program, because you can but in the end you will be setting your friends up for the same mess you just had to do with. The machine is not worth $3000 nor worth the time and hardship you have to go through to get it for the $300. Just don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought my Rainbow Vacuum a couple months ago and I could not be happier with it. Yes I agree that the price is a little high, however, I could not put a price on my health and the health of my family, it has done exactly what it said it would do. It cleans my hardwood floors until there is nothing left, it cleans carpet, tile. I vacuum my mattress once a month with it, I clean the air. I have 9 people living in my house and we have to vacuum a lot, it is always does the job. I love the fact that I can take it apart and clean it. I’m not putting dirt and dust back into my house, once I’m done cleaning and cleaning my rainbow, the next time I clean there is nothing coming out of my vacuum to be put back into the air, there is no bad smell. I don't dust anymore because there is no dust in my house from the vacuum.

I am disappointed to see the negative comments, I would think most people would be happy to have and own a product that does what it says it will do, made in America and last 20 years or more. I know people who have passed their Rainbow down to other family members and it is still going strong. The reason the Rainbow company still does door to door salesman is because that is the best way for you the consumer to see the vacuum in action and people able to touch it and use it for yourself before you buy it. This product helps with my allergies and makes my house look and smell amazing. Thank you Rainbow.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I’ve had five Rainbows. They all still work. The reason I have so many is because I just wanted a newer model. I gave one to my mother who uses hers on a daily basis. I also gave two to friends and they love using it also. They work very well and last forever. In my opinion it is worth it if you have the money to spend.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had a rep come to my home who was a nice young lady who informed me on Facebook that she was just trying to get her machine for free and needed a couple more people to view the product to get hers free. I agreed to help her but informed her by phone that I would not be purchasing anything. She assured me that wasn't a problem with her so we made the appointment. Now to set the stage for you, I grew up with a Rainbow, my mother has had the same one for about 35 years now and still uses it to this day. I actually thought the company had gone out of business because there were no ads for them and I never saw one at a store. Plus without repeat customers how could they stay in business?

So the day came for our demo my husband was active duty Navy and he was 5 days from being out of the service. Also meaning we were 5 days from moving. With a 16 month old baby, I only worked Part-time. We owned a Kirby because it was supposed to be the best money could buy. We financed that and still owed about $1800 on it. Clearly we were in no shape to be purchasing anything. We even pinky swore to each other before she arrived that we would say no if the other started to falter and say yes to buying. Just to prevent a desire to purchase I vacuumed my home 20 minutes before she arrived. Grinning like an obnoxious kid saying, "She not pulling any dirt out of my floor 'cause I have a Kirby."

We greeted her at the door and reiterated that I would love to see what a new model looked like but would NOT be purchasing ANYTHING! Again she smiled and assured me that was ok. My home was completely void of any furniture due to the move and I figured this would be a great way to get my floors cleaned for free before our final inspection. Less than 5 minutes into her demo she informed me that I too could have a free one if I would like to participate in a company program so I was a little intrigued by the idea. I loved that the new one was also a certified air cleaner because I have terrible allergies plus 2 dogs. She then did a small test on the floor of vacuuming and when she showed me what she got out of my freshly Kirby vacuumed floor, my eyes almost popped out of my head. It looked like a fancy restaurant appetizer with multi-layered parts but instead of food it was filth.

I began to recall the Kirby demo we had several years prior and how they had dumped baking soda onto my carpet and let me smear it in with my crappy Walmart vacuum before they "pulled it all out" with the Kirby. At the time that was a big selling point for how good the machine worked. I asked our Rainbow Rep to kindly vacuum that same area of my hall as well. To my shock, awe, horror and disgust she pulled almost half a box of baking soda out of my carpet. I knew in that moment we had purchased an extremely overpriced paperweight because my God our Kirby's heavy.

Needless to say I was sold. I also did the program and got all my money back on my machine plus made money and got prizes along the way. Even if I hadn't gotten my money back the machine has paid for itself in the last 7 years 10 times over. I've picked up pee, vomit, milk, poop, paint, glass, shoe polish, blood, spaghetti and meatballs and more. I dare you to do that with a regular vacuum. I like my Tempur-Pedic mattress, I appreciate my Prius but I LOVE my Rainbow!!! Eco-friendly, house smells great, no more allergies and does what I paid for everytime I need it. My warning would be to get it from the Rainbow distributor because that's way too much money to risk on a 3rd party online. Would you seriously buy a car without a test drive or taking a peek under the hood? Think about it, If the machine really isn't stolen and there is really nothing wrong with it why would someone sell it for half of what it's worth online???

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The salesman, John ** was great! He took the time to show me everything this vacuum can do. I Love my Rainbow! I don’t even mind cleaning now because it does so much to make it easier. Thanks John!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had a Kirby. Loved it. Now own a Dyson and we Love it. I'm always cleaning the filter and canister. My Dyson picks up a lot. Believe me. I seen The Rainbow, it's bulky And way too expensive not to include all the attachments. $3000 is way too much money for just the vacuum. The attachments are another $1000... I'm Not impressed. And the salesmen was annoyed when we turned down the sale. I asked that if he goes to 6 demos that vacuum is used 6 times until it's sold...left at someone's home. He said no he brings a new one each time. Lol. Liar. The box is mangled. If you are being left a demo of anything in your home after the demo...you're being sold a demo. There's no way Rainbow salespeople bring a new vacuum every time to demos. You are not getting new one for $3000. You're getting the demo. He left mad. Oh well.

My Dyson works fine and so does my Swiffer WetJet. And Zerorez can still come yearly, they clean my entire carpeted house yearly for $109. I'm fine the way I am. No one's home is sterile free. No to many negative comments. Always read all the comments. And the price is ridiculous. Google Rainbow vacuum systems. You can buy them cheaper. Do your research before wasting thousands of dollars on anything.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My ex and I bought the Rainbow D2 in 1983 (I got it in the divorce). I used it for getting rid of stains in the carpet to general cleaning the house. I also used it to clean the air in my house. I never got it serviced and up until a week ago, it was amazing. I had it for 35 yrs and it finally died. The money spent 35 yrs ago ($1200.00) was well worth every penny. I wish I could afford another one, but I guess I'm going to have to go to some crappy bag or bagless vacuum.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

First things first, we did not purchase the product as we were not dumb enough to be manipulated by these salesmen who think themselves as clever, and it's so easy to see through this multi-marketing pyramid scheme. This whole thing started when my father's coworker asked my dad if he can demo this product and as a token of appreciation give us a 3 day 2 night trip. My dad reluctantly agreed since they worked together.

On the day of the demo, my dad's coworker came with a salesman, super loud and obnoxious. I was upstairs while my parents were talking to them downstairs. Out of curiosity I eavesdropped to see what their deal is for a couple minutes, and within those couple minutes I knew that this is probably some pyramid scheme they're trying to sell to my parents. Out of courtesy, my parents sat through the presentation politely. One thing however is, my mom was definitely impressed with the vacuum, the functionality seemed to be there. Towards the end, the salesmen gave my parents a quote of $2899 after discount and even offered my mother a 'job'.

I'm sorry, do you think we're stupid? This vacuum is nowhere worth that price, and trust me there's vacuums out there with very similar functionality at 1/4 of the price. These monthly payments are scams, and based on all the previous reviews it seems that the interest rate is ridiculously high. I don't even know how people can fall for this kind of stuff to be honest, their sales tactic is straight out the textbook pyramid scheme, calling their boss right in front of you to get a discount or to offer you a job. It's quite insulting that they thought we were that stupid to even consider buying the product.

The vacation card they gave us at the end also looks really sketchy, no validation anywhere, just a card with a picture of some beach in the Caribbean with a tiny tiny print at the bottom that says 'Offer subject to change or withdraw at any time without notice', a mailing address and that's about it. I honestly don't care how good the product is, the process is sketchy, obnoxious and hence makes the product unappealing because you'll wonder just how many hidden fees will be accompanied with it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

They came to my house. We had a lot of fun. Demo left me saying why haven't we been using water as a filter all along. I did the program and earned my Rainbow for free. 100% USA made! No regrets! The difference in our home is huge. Allergies... What allergies? For those of us allergic to dust... HUGE difference. I don't have to dust near as often. My carpet is softer. MULTIPLE uses for the Rainbow. Well worth the money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Yes you do have to clean and take care of it but why spend the money on something if you are going to trash it? We use our Rainbow vacuum everyday and I am pleased with how well it cleans our beds, carpets and furniture. My husband and children have asthma and allergies to dust. We previously had a HEPA dry vac, I was reluctant to get rid of our over $2500 vacuum so the sales rep said she has one she can trade in for me so could keep both vacuums. All in all I am pleased and pleasantly surprised by our new Rainbow vacuum and haven’t wanted to go back to our old one. I like that we can make a higher payment to pay off faster. All the attachments work well, we live in a condo and can smell the fragrances throughout our home. I’ve already got 8 people to demo but we only need 5 for the pot set.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

People works hard for their money. Don't let someone steal it. Why pay Rainbow for 3000 dollars when you can get one with only 1/5 of the price and even better quality? Google Sirena, you will be amazed how well this Sirena vacuum is made. One of the Rainbow sales came to my door, tried to push me to purchase. I refused. Imagine what $3000 can buy, do you wanna spend it on something only worth $300? The sales told me that the motor and Circuit board is only cost $200 to replace 'cause I asked what happens when warranty expires. She did not even realize it, she just told me how much this thing is really cost. Motor and PCB should be the most expensive part of a vacuum, and it only cost $200, retail price. You can figure it now. Keep your hard working money safe, spend it on something worth it.

Rainbow Vacuum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

• Best for: Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs