2.64/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 18, 2018

308 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

Never ever get into Rainbow System product demonstration. They are truly scam. They performed product demonstration at our house mentioning the benefits and its (Air filter/Vacuum) performance characteristics. Salesman will push you the wall to sign the sale contract with their misleading information about their product. You won't be able to cancel the sale and you have to pay $3000 for a vacuum that is no better than my any regular vacuum.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Scam scam scam. Do not be tricked into this program. I did what they call the Go4it program and you were suppose to do 12 shows, and have 2 people to keep the machine. Which I sold 4 machines. I completed the program and at the end I was told that I did not qualify for the program due to I did not have 2 that had A1 credit. The 2 people that keep the machine must have A1 credit, or they will not qualify for you. They want you to sell but you do not get all the details. It is not brought to your attn when you do the shows. They want to keep this information hidden. Then when you question them about it all they say is you signed the contract. You are responsible.

The machine is not worth 3,000.00. It does not work that well. I have allergies and it has not helped me at all. The entire company is a joke. Do not fall into this and let someone do a demo in your home and talk you into doing the Go4it program. Please read the reviews. This is a rip off. The program is a scam and the product is not that great. It does no better job than the vacuum that I had. I would totally do research due to I was taken and they will not even try to make it right. All they can say is you signed in which is not that noticeable in the contract due to they highlight all around it so you do not see that part. The Go4it program is a total scam.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We “won” a free air scent machine from doing a survey for a friend. The guy got here a little before 7pm and didn’t leave until 11:30pm. He started the evening by telling us about himself and how his now girlfriend calls him a player because he keeps several women’s robes in his closet all in different sizes so that he can accommodate any size women that comes to his home. Not to mention the endless stories about how he is a survived a completely torn aorta, brain surgery, a massive heart attack and he fights sumo wrestlers because of his road rage. Oh and he kicked in the car door of a thug that was waving a gun at him. It took him nearly 2 hrs to start the demo on the contrapment. We had to sit through him letting us know that even though we have smoke detectors everywhere that we was in fact going to die in a fire and that our best chance was to just sleep with our doors closed and pray that the firefighters will find us.

He even went and took our Carbon Monoxide detector off the wall and held it out and said “See this fire detector is expired.” We had to tell him that it’s not a fire detector, it’s our Carbon Monoxide detector. He finally got to the demo of the air purifier and showed us the scent demo and went on to tell us that the Rainbow would actually diagnose sickness. And that he has sold this to countless Doctors and they told him to not use their names when selling because their specialty was in respiratory diseases and that if the word got out about the Rainbow then they wouldn’t have a job anymore. Going on to say that if you have Asthma or allergies that just by using the air purifier you would be cured. And EVERYTHING was a “FACT”. We asked where he was getting his “facts” and he seemingly stumbled all over himself until he could throw out some ridiculous name.

He told of how he sold one to a mother and daughter and during the visit his vacuum told him that someone was sick in the house and they told him nobody was sick. But the next day he got a call from the daughter to let him know her mother had pneumonia. Sooo ridiculous. He also let us know that he makes a healthy six figure income and the better car in our driveway was his girlfriends and she had his. So on we go. We finally get the vacuum hooked up and he tells us to get our vacuum. In which he slams ours and says it's a joke and if we think our place is clean that we are kidding ourselves. He continues by telling us that he hasn’t had to dust his home in 6 months because of his purifier and vacuum. He then has us take our vacuum and he says “now vacuum over that area 52 times because there is 52 weeks in a year. Then he takes his spotlight and demos all the dust still there.

But when we run the Rainbow he conveniently neglects to demo another dust test. He goes on to talk about how he is a world class cook and he only uses waterless cookware. In which he says that we would qualify for if enough people let him come demo the product. So then we get to the price... $3400. I immediately said that isn’t in any budget of mine and I’m perfectly happy with my Dyson. He let me know that if I’m happy with crap that my problem. But then he focused on my friend and really laid it on thick. Told her that he could cut her a deal for $88/month. I reminded her that she is going to Med School and that this really wouldn’t be something to get at this time. He then started trying to get her to sell them. She persisted telling him she didn’t like nor wanted to do sales. He told her “We don’t sell. We Demo.”

He kept on with talking about his family and how his son saved the Cheesecake Factory and how he has to educate all the firefighters on how they don’t know anything about smoke detectors and they hate to see him coming because he makes them look dumb. I actually got up several times to go do laundry or clean the kitchen hoping he would catch the hint but after I seen that he hadn’t even dumped the water out of his Rainbow it was apparent he was gonna stay forever. So I called my son and I let him know that my son (of whom would have removed the man) was coming and his car was in the way. He finally gave in and handed this little bitty water container and sold my friend 4 bottles of some scents (of which we only got three of them. He was suppose to deliver the other one today. It never showed up). This guys name is Frank. Columbia Mo. please don’t let him in your home. He will never leave!! Beware!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Back away as fast as you can from this company. The manager Daryl just told me they do not want me or people like me as customers. They failed to "thoroughly" diagnose my Rainvac Rainbow machine's issues and Daryl has blamed me. To say Daryl is rude would be a gross understatement. He told me he could tell by my demeanor what kind of person I am and he wasn't going to be taken by a guy like me. If you're looking for abuse, go to Rainvac and deal with Daryl. The $260.00 I spent with them was a waste. Avoid at all costs. All the negative online reviews spring from the well of truth.

Original review: March 31, 2018

So I won a free thing at a home and garden convention but to get it I had to sit through a demonstration of a vacuum cleaner, it looked good so we signed up to it agreeing to pay $83 a month. All signed up there and then. A few days later apparently the credit check (that hasn't been run according to our credit files) failed and in order to keep it we had to pay a further $500 upfront. Well the agreement has no mention of this so we refused, but then they refused to accept the $83 payment. A few calls and we got sick of hearing from them, so we took some legal advice and because their contract is so shoddy, we were advised to stick to the original agreement and just note when they refused payments, so we told them we would only communicate in writing and sent a letter detailing our complaint.

2 weeks later a guy called Bill ** shows up demanding the Rainbow back, claiming he hasn't had a letter and that the contract says "subject to credit status", however this term is a piece of paper on its own stapled to the front of the actual contract with no signatures. He refused to leave the property leading to the police being called yelling about taking us to court, still refusing to leave after being told to take us to court then. The police showed up to remove him and he tried to claim to the police it was his machine we had taken from him, wasting our time again to show the officer our contract despite him having a contract in his hands mere minutes ago. So this Bill then again claims the only reason he was trespassing was to get a police report to take to court, despite not needing a police report to take anyone to court.

Asked whether we would just hand over the Rainbow the answer is no, because the company take your current vacuum and they're not willing to return it or reimburse the several hundred dollars of vacuum cleaner they took away. So we're waiting for them to file in court so a judge can tell them to just accept the payments of the agreement. I would recommend giving this company a wide berth, a bunch of cowboys who are just out to try and fleece you for money, then again I guess if they were legit they wouldn't have a pyramid style sales model.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: March 22, 2018

This company is a scam and will say anything to get their commissions. We had Amanda ** come do a demo and she told us if we could get 4 friends to agree to a demo (no obligation to purchase) that we would get a friend 3 night trip. We specifically asked her about the qualifications as the referral sheet says they need to be homeowners and typically families/couples. She said that didn’t matter because they sell to everyone regardless of marital status and homeowner status. We, ourselves, rent so we believed her. We have been trying to follow up for a month regarding our referrals because you also only have 24 hrs to fill out the referral sheet to qualify for the trip and extra bonuses. We gave her the sheet the day she did our demo so within hours. We have had 4 friends do the demo so we should be getting our free trip but now she is saying some of our referrals don’t qualify because they rent, they are single males, etc.

Basically Amanda lied to get her commission. We only bought the vacuum because it seemed worth the $3000 to get a good vacuum, free trip, and additional pieces. We wouldn’t have paid $3000 for a vacuum alone. This company has poor customer service and obviously will say anything to get a sale. You only have ten days to return the vacuum but they avoid calling your friends or returning your calls in a reasonable amount of time so by the time you talk to them it is way past the ten days. We want our money back not because the vacuum isn’t good but because I don’t support piece of ** liar companies.

Original review: March 2, 2018

ONE THING I WILL SAY, THE VACUUM works great ONCE I've prepared it. The "sales" show went so fast, I did not have time to really pay attention to all he had to do to use it, I was shocked how much "yuck" was coming out of my carpet, BUT... After two pinched nerves and being on my back and the expense of doctors and prescripts and the pain to use it ever after is a struggle, I would NOT have purchased it! There are many features that they need to upgrade, but for now... a "1" is all I can give since we are paying sooo much for pain! I'd rather have to vacuum 3 times a day with our OLD vacuum than full with this mess to clean it out.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Rainbow vacuum cleaners are in my book the best. You can treat pillows for allergy and I love the way it picks up everything. To have it trap it in water for me is awesome.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I really love that with the Rainbow the dirt is sucked up into a bowl of water instead of a bag with the remainder being reintroduced to the air. All of the dirt goes into the water bowl. You simply dump the water bowl when you are done vacuuming. It can also be used as an air purifier with different oils in the water, it can be set on low to continuously purify the air if you will.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

If the product was as revolutionary as they claim it is, the owners of the company would sell it on Amazon and make billions and not have to pay employees. Just like Amway or Herbalife, they rely on pushy salesmen coming to your home to sell you the product. Ask yourself this, how much do you think it costs for the Rainbow to be made? Maybe $50 or $100 at most. But they are trying to make you buy it for $3000. Crazy! Scam scam scam.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I don't understand the complaints on here. It sounds like y'all had some bad salesmen in your house for sure. It's a great company that's been around since 1936. The power nozzle is not separate it all comes with the Rainbow. They last for 40+ years and it's all American made and it actually works. It's taken people off of Inhalers and gets rid of allergies in the home. Now if you don't have allergies or asthma then the vacuum part is fantastic as well. It actually does what you buy it to do. I can't go through the whole demonstration on here or anything but for real if you have any complaints or questions about the price just comment on here and I can answer any questions you have about the product.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Always brush its teeth when finished. This minor maintenance task will add years to the vacuum's lifespan. The initial cost is well worth the expense. Put this on your wedding registry first.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I was doing some remodeling in my home and it was dust everywhere from cutting plaster. Tho, I tape the area off. Still a lot of dust. I had a vacuum cleaner but friend lend me a Rainbow and it did a better job and held the dust in the water bowl. Been using Rainbow for years. It is on the pricey side like Kirby. It also serve as a shampooer and has a set up for filtering the air too.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

My Rainbow Vacuum unit is very old, but can still suck the fuzz off a peach. Thought about getting a newer model, but the saying around here is "use what you got".

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Rainbow Vacuum is the only vacuum that cleans the air as well as any surface. During the Northern California nearby Wildfires the air was filled with smoke for at least two Weeks. The Water filter That comes with the Rainbow Vacuum saved our Breath & Lungs.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

When it comes to the Rainbow, it has changed my life. The money I get to save due to the machine, plus the health benefit of it is absolutely amazing. No more allergy medicine, no more itching eyes or sneezing within my own home. Being certified by the asthma and allergy foundation is to me, far and beyond a qualified product. People can complain about a pushy salesman, the price or the programs that they have, but aside from maybe a bad experience, the product is amazing. Give Rainbow a fair and open chance to change your life.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

A lady came to our door advertising asking if we were interested in an air purification system. We have 2 large dogs, a toddler and I was pregnant with my 2nd child so we were very interested. She demonstrated how the Rainbow E series black worked by vacuuming our mattress, and having my husband use our vacuum on the carpet in a small area. After my husband vacuumed the area with at least 7 passes on the carpet, she went over the same area with the Rainbow. It pulled all kinds of dirt our vacuum left behind. She vacuumed the blinds, pictures, and even demonstrated the carpet cleaning attachment on a red punch stain on the carpet. It had been there for years, but the Rainbow pulled it right up. I didn't like that I couldn't negotiate the price, but we bought it anyway.

I have had it for 5 years now and it works great. We did some renovations in the house and the dust was unbearable. I turned the Rainbow on high, and after 3 hours the entire room over 300 sq ft. was free of dust. Even cleaning our dogs' room is easier since it picks up all the dog hair and since we can add fragrance to the water basin, it leaves the room smelling fresh with no trace of dog scent. When I think my children are getting sick, I can add the eucalyptus or the fresh air deodorizer to the water basin and let it run on low all day. It purified the air and helps eliminate germs that cause a cold. The eucalyptus scent is great for my sinuses.

I admit it is sort of heavy going upstairs, but the cord is so long, you can leave it below the stairs and still vacuum the whole staircase only moving it when you need to. Most times I just dump the water downstairs and refill it upstairs since the water makes it heavy. I like how I can fluff and refresh pillows with the bag that comes with it. If you refer them to other families, you will get a free attachment with every verified referral. I use a RainMate (a free gift) in 4 rooms to keep them smelling fresh. We were given the choice of a RainMate or a 3 day vacation. We chose the RainMate. I got 2 free, but I bought the other 2.

The Rainbow has a great warranty on parts as well. I've used the warranty to have it serviced for free and repair small things that broke from overuse. I vacuum every day, and I'm not so gentle with it every time. My only complaint over time is I wish Rainbow would make an upright. I still hate pulling the canister behind me. I bought this in 2013 and it's never lost suction.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My wife “won” a free color changing air purifier from the Phoenix home and garden show, so they called to set up a time to drop her “free” gift but she had to sit through a hour presentation on Rainbow vacuums. After reading reviews I was nope not this house not going to get a $5,000 sale on us. So when he came in he noticed I was a Purple Heart vet and tried to make a connection with the military. As a seasoned infantrymen I already had my mind set that we would not purchase one. So he came in and started his whole spill about this being the best thing since sliced bread.

When I asked if this was the best thing since sliced bread why doesn’t the military use it in their barracks or offices and he goes on with his spill that this is so good they don’t go after the military because they can’t get a military contract. Finally he tells me that it’s Scientific proven that this will clean my air, so I asked to see this “scientific”. He takes the rainbow out of the box and shows me a small square on the box.

Finally done hearing the spill I say, "Sir let me ask you this. If I spent 8 years in the infantry serving for a country I love and the army tried to get me to re-enlist and couldn’t get me to do, what are you going to do to convince me to purchase a rainbow vacuum.” That’s when he jumped up and packed up as fast as he came in with his used car salesmen attitude. Leaving my wife with this one question, he left her air purifier but didn’t explain Anything about it. She also kinda bummed y’all. Didn’t clean our carpet. Anyways the question she has is where can she purchase the oils for this free Air purifier that we received from you guys? Again thanks for the free gift. Sorry about embarrassing your salesmen.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My first Rainbow was purchased at a yard sale as an antique and still worked. A 1932 model. My wife and I bought our first when our son developed asthma. On our third one now made in the late 90's. Love it. No dust, no messy bags or filters. Must remember to remove top in order to protect motor. Empty regular and clean separator every third use and it will last a long time. However, the newer ones have been retooled due to patent loss or something. Not even close to the same machine. Too bad it was never sold in stores. Try the pawn shops and remember all motors can be rebuilt!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We purchased a Rainbow almost 2 years ago and, as of yet have been unable to assemble myself. My husband does the vacuuming now. I'm 72 and he's 74, a simple job has turned into an ordeal, therefore we're not cleaning as often as we should. I've been in the hospital with the horrible flu and he also has it so I'm trying to clean and disinfect before he gets home. I'm sweating so bad that I almost blacked out and no matter how much twisting and turning and trying to adjust, I can't get it together. If you can't make the machine user friendly, you should stop selling. It cleans well and disgusts me the crap that comes out but it doesn't do any good if I can't use it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

DO NOT BUY. Beware. Do not buy a Rainbow system. Salesman are extremely pushy, and will basically do anything to force you to buy this product. We have hardwood floors upstairs, the rainbow does not work on hardwood. I get more dirt sweeping with a regular broom than I do with the Rainbow Vacuum. My Dyson vacuum also worked better on carpet than this vacuum does, but when I purchased this they took my Dyson, so now we’re stuck. We tried to take the Rainbow back but they told us we didn’t want to take it back, and they would send someone out to show us how to use it. REALLY??? I know how to use a vacuum, and this one sucks. Please be better than me, save your money and your dignity, and don’t buy this product. I guarantee you won’t be satisfied. Guarantee it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I did the demo program with Rainbow, it was really simple, 12 demos in 6 months, 2 had to be A-line sales and I had to do the first 6 in the first 45 days of my purchase. I did the whole program in less than a month and got my $2800 reimbursement check, I even did a 13th demo which was a sale and got an extra $1000. There are guidelines to follow, which why wouldn't there be? They're giving you almost $10,000 worth of product for free, but as long as you read the paperwork and have a dealer who explains it very thoroughly to you there's nothing to fret. It's still super easy and possible to do.

I have several friends and see people on Facebook in my area who have also done the program and gotten their reimbursement check. I'm sure somewhere along the way there's been a few dealers who didn't thoroughly explain the program who maybe were just trying to get a sale or new and wasn't trained properly but like I said as long as you read the paperwork they give you you'll know all you need to know, and even then it's not difficult, they just don't want you taking them to crappy run-down houses or to people who finance stuff and don't pay their bills.

I love the program and I love that I was able to get such an amazing machine for free, it's truly changed our lives and even if I had to pay that $2800 for a Rainbow it's absolutely worth it. I live in Southern Alabama, I know out of 110 different countries that sell the Rainbow only 3 regions offer this program, Atlanta area, Pensacola, Fl., Mobile, Al.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The program explains you need 12 qualifying couples to show the product to in a 12 month period. If you complete the program in 90 days there are extra incentives. Part of the program is to sell at least 2 units and once completed if you show to a 13th customer and they purchase you received a bonus check. The unit cost $3290, with the trade of your old vacuum the unit is $2780. If you complete the program the unit is paid for with a check at the very end of the completed program.

With the completion of the 13th show and sale there is an additional $1360 check they will send. Here is the problem, the program has several problems within. They cannot keep up with the appointments so they put you on standby to keep them from having to give you the show since they couldn't meet the requirement. They tell you in the beginning all you have to do is make the appointments and be there during the shows but they fail to share if they keep placing you on standby that your clock's keep ticking.

They fail to tell you that if they decide to not use your qualifying show there is no dispute or customer service forum to prove your show was qualifying - it's your word against theirs or the salesman. The unit they sell travels from home to home until it is sold, so it is not a new unit nor is it a clean unit. They clean each home they walk into with that unit until it is sold but you pay the full price for it. If they tell you it's hassle free, don't believe it. They stay in your home on average for 3 to 5 hours practically begging you to take this machine and if you don't sarcasm begins. Free and gifts are used as the marketing strategy to get in. Once they got you, you are a nonfactor, it's on to the next.

You only talk to a salesperson who has no authority. Customer service only emails you. They never talk to you directly, but when it's time to pay for the unit they are quick to get you on the phone with the bank or finance company. I have shown 15 and sold 7. I am the only one I know to have completed the program but I have yet to receive my 13th check for $1360. The plan is to make you feel your house is so nasty yet homes are built every day without a single word regarding the dust and dirt we live around day in and day out. Be careful with this company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We got a phone call saying we won in a drawing a small air purifier. So the lady scheduled a appointment to come to our house and deliver it. I said, "I don't want to buy anything," she said, "All we ask is word of mouth. Tell your friends and family if you like the air purifier." I said, "Ok." Friday a man comes and showed us all about the big air purifier. "We didn't buy anything," I said. "Where is the free one?" Well how confident he didn't have one. I called the lady and asked about getting the free one. She said, "I will have that department call you." Never a call back of course. So anyway I think they lie and also used my time and because we didn't buy anything I guess that means we don't get a purifier that supposedly I won. I would never do business with them. As for word of mouth I definitely tell people not to buy anything from Rainbow.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

First off I want to say it works great on carpet but we plan on taking all the carpet out of the house and putting down hardwood floors. We told the sales guy this. He told us that the Rainbow works great on hardwood floors and you don't have to use a broom ever again. You won't have to worry about bending over and using the dustpan??? Yea right. So I go to clean a few days later and I use the long head like he recommended. It got all the dog hair up (I have 2 large dogs and 5 cats, we live in the country in a big house, along with 2 children) so I clean every day. But this was the 1st time I was trying the vacuum on the kitchen floor. It was a fail. I decided to go back and sweep to see what all it missed. I swept up all kinds of dirt and crumbs the kids and dropped in my floor.

So I call the sales guy and he tells me it's past my 3 days but it sounds like there is something wrong with my vacuum. He is coming out to "fix" the problem. It also doesn't clean beside the walls like they said it will. I have to pull the hose out to use it. I just want my bagless vacuum back. It is much lighter and with me having to vacuum every day with a husky in the house it is so much easier. So if you have a husky I don't recommend you get this vacuum cleaner or if you like to clean in your house shoes because you can't step on all the buttons to lift the product off the stands. This vacuum is also very heavy if you have more than one floor or a split level house.

When I said something about that they said, "Well you can always get another vacuum to put upstairs." I just laughed at the girl and said, "Yes I want to put a $3000 vacuum cleaner in the toy room bc I have an extra $3000 laying around." She then told me I could always sale the vacuum to get one free and I laughed again and told her that I don't even like people little off go to their house and talk to them for 3hrs at a time and sale them something I think is a POS. She was not happy with my response. I really just want to return the vacuum cleaner I haven't made any payments but they won't take it back at all and told me I was out of luck.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I attended a neighborhood street fair where I submitted an entry to a raffle for a free water fragrance machine. I should have known something was wrong when they asked if I owned my home. Two days after the fair I received a call stating I had won a machine and they wanted to schedule a time to drop off the machine and show me how to set it up. The woman stated they also wanted to show me the rainbow machine while they were at my home. I asked how long would it take and I was told an hour so I agreed. My mistake--I thought the "rainbow" was a fancier water scent machine.

The sales rep came, she appeared nice at first. She gave the free machine and demonstrated different scents. Once she was done she brought out the rainbow and at first she demonstrated it as a air purifier before she showed me it was a vacuum cleaner. I asked the price. I was told $3,000. I informed her a $3,000 vacuum was not in my budget. She tried to convince me I could earn enough money to pay for my machine. When I told her I don't like sales, she said they don't sale they demonstrate (lol!).

You know just people helping people. I told her we needed to wrap it because I had something to do, but she persisted. I told her if I wanted one I would just buy one on the secondary market from someone who regretted buying it. She stated that Rainbow would NOT repair the machine if I was not the original registered owner linked to the machine's Serial Number. So I just left her downstairs while I went upstairs to change clothes and do my hair. She finally got the hint and left.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had attended a craft show at a church. The guy talked me into entering for a free "new" rain air purifier. Said it was completely free. Called me later and said my name had been drawn out, and we had won the free air purifier. He set up a time with us to come "set it up." I told him multiple times we were not buying anything, he insisted it was free, won as a prize. Well he shows up with a freaking vacuum cleaner! Took 2.5 hours to present, we said no, offered free financing for 48 months, we said no, offered free attachments, we said no. Very difficult to get him to leave. We had kids hungry for dinner and needing to get in bed for school, he still wouldn't leave! And he demonstrated the "carpet cleaner" and left our carpet wet! Just beware if you see a contest for a free air purifier!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchase the Rainbow Vacuum on October 8, against that little voice in my head saying "No, don't do this." On October 22, I called the sales representative that persisted we needed this system in our home, and told her how I was unhappy with the air quality and suction. She said "You only get a 3 day return policy, you cannot return it now." I was dumbfounded. I went back to my contract. I reread it over and over again. Only 3 days to determine whether or not I like a machine that suppose to help clean my home better?!

I called the distribution center the next business day. The woman I spoke to was incredibly rude and told me I "had to deal with it now." This machine doesn't purify the air like it's advertised. The suction can't keep up with the amount of pet hair in my home. It has to be thoroughly cleaned in the middle of cleaning one room in my home. My old vacuum never gave me that trouble. It's very heavy. You don't get all of the attractments all at once. You have to do shows in order to get the other pieces. It has doubled my cleaning time, when I'd rather be spending time with my family. This has been the biggest mistake I have ever made.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Pushed to buy the Rainbow vacuum system. They promised to help us sell enough to pay for it through the go for it program. Left us high and dry, even after multiple calls to higher ups to try to solve the problem. Still did not get demos to try to sell more. Good system crappy representation.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I'm seeing a lot of complaints so I want to take time to share why we love our Rainbow!! We bought it in 2011 from a friend who signed up to sell to earn her own Rainbow for free. We had to take out a loan to pay for it, but we paid it off a few years later. It was a great investment and we use it daily with three small kids and a dog. Our dog did chew up some of the pieces (twice) so we had to replace those. Once we had the whole thing cleaned inside and out. It was perfect and like new. Nothing beats opening the water basin and seeing all the nasty dust, dirt, hair, etc. it collected!!

Rainbow Vacuum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

• Best for: Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs