3.7/5 (253 ratings)

About Rainbow Vacuum

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: March 5, 2022

This is my 3rd Rainbow. 1st one bought in 1992, was sold used to a family member that used it for at least 20 years when we bought a newer one in 1998. That one was sold to a different family member that still uses it to this very day when we purchased our 3rd cleaner in 2006. We are still using it today. Any reviews that state a Rainbow does not clean are from people who unfortunately do not know how to use it.... period. It cleans and then you remove the dirt outside of your home forever. We recently removed carpets from our main room in the house that had been there since 2007... there was virtually no dirt under the carpet at all. This is unheard of with dust blowing units.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

In seeing what a Rainbow SRX Air purifier has done for our home not enough words to explain.

1. Reduced our utility bills.
2. Saved us over 600.00 in plumbing bills.
3. It cleans even when I don't.
4. Pet hair gone.
5. Dusting cut down to once every 3months vs every 2 wks.

6. We no longer have our cars detailed. We use our Rainbow SRX.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Rainbow is amazing. The only downfall is the price. It cleans awesome and the filth in the water is shocking.. They do such a great job. If you have children and or animals they are a must. You will never regret buying one. They last forever.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Rainbow Vacuum is the best on the Market. It picks up dust and is easy to use. I have purchased 2 in the last 20 years, they last a very long time. A nurse suggested to purchase one and I did and I am very happy with my decision.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I has a demo done and when Shawn showed me all the mess my vacuum cleaner did not pick up I was grossed out!! I bought it and absolutely love it!! For one, I have a bad back and the vacuum is easy to use with no back strain! Secondly, the purifier on the vacuum and the small one (that was a gift!) have helped me tremendously in the few days I have had it. I have COPD and a husband that has sleep apnea... I am having deeper sleep and less use of inhalers and he is snoring less and not tossing and turning as much! Shawn is a great rep and very thorough on how everything works and its benefits! She has so much energy and love of the product it makes you excited and want to buy it!!! This thing is worth every penny I will spend!! Thank you Shawn!!!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I live in Las Vegas NV, I am a business owner and for the same reason I am very particular in if I am going to write a review or not. Especially if it’s a bad one (which I usually never do). One of my co-workers asked me if she can do a presentation of 1hr in my house, I agree and made it happen. Jing ** another lady (I think it was his wife), and Teresa my co-worker came to my house and did a presentation of a Rainbow Vacuum. They all presented the vacuum as amazing, etc. presentation was sooo long I was starving. They were literally pushing and trying to convince me to buy it, as any other salesperson.

The thing they didn’t mentioned were a lot:

1- Never mentioned you can cancel your purchase in 3 days.

2- Never give you all the attachments at least you do 12 presentations (where you have to be present for each one of them).

They have a “program” where you need to 12 presentations where you have to go and if two people buys the vacuum then you get your for free, but wait, even if the first two people buys them you still have to do the other presentations. The Vacuum it’s self it’s not worth the price, it’s almost 4K insane for a vacuum. I was willing to do the presentations etc my on the weekend I was able to use the vacuum, it’s when I realized the cordon was so short. It’s not long enough to go my stair, it’s horrible, it blows my thing out than the ones it picks. Right away after I called Jing to tell I didn’t want it. I wanted to return. I had zero interest in having something I wasn’t going to be able to use. He told me: "Oh sorry, it’s been 7 days. You can only cancel on the 3rd day." (Something he NEVER mentioned on his presentations.)

He also told me to pay it off and see what he was going to be able to help me. It’s has been 5 months and he completely ignores me. I literally paid it off with a credit card thinking he was going to be able to help me once it was paid off but in reality he doesn’t care. I don’t know how this people can go to sleep in peace and continually doing and selling thing that are not worth it plus he always take the box for what? Probably to resale a use vacuum.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

This sweeper is the worst sweeper I have ever purchased. Everything you sweep blows out the back of the power nozzle. You never really get anything swept. I really wish I could send it back and get my money Back. WORST PURCHASE EVER.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

This was was the worst buying experience ever. This product is a rip off. If I would of known to cancel within 3 days, I would of. I had paid for over a year and a half, and then paid more for pay off. It's all junk!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

This vacuum was the worst investment we have ever made. The warranty is a joke. You pay $4000 and it covers nothing. Our vacuum head doesn't work and they won't replace anything. Please save yourself.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Would give 0 stars. This is the worst vacuum ever. My $100 vacuum works better than this. It gets clogged all the time and I’ve only used it a few times and it doesn’t suck anything now. Seller also lied to me about multiple things.

Rainbow Vacuum author review by Sandy Baker

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information