2.83/5

326 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

BAD EXPERIENCE/NOT HAPPY WITH PRODUCT: Does anyone know what will show on your credit report if you have not made the first payment on the vacuum, and were not able to complete the "knock it out" program to get it for free?? I cannot get an answer at the Rainbow Store here...and no reps will help me.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I love the vacuum cleaner and one of my favorite things is the trade in value it holds. When I looked for a new one just to upgrade the machine they gave me 800.00 credit towards the new one and I got the shampooer free and a clean air machine. I thought that was a great deal. I use my Rainbow for everything, sucking cold ashes out of my wood stove, blowing leaves off the deck. I clean my cars with it. It's like my shop vac without all the filters to clean and I like that it is American made too.

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Just got my Rainbow yesterday... I'm loving it!! Been cleaning all day with it today and already smell the difference in my home. I have an English bulldog and three teenagers but you'd never know it now. My son and I both have allergies and asthma and this is already helping just by using the free RainMate that we got at night. Plus I got one for my son's room.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We actually love our Rainbow. We have told many people around us about it and regardless of them willing to do a show, suggested they check it out on their own. Unfortunately, I will no longer be advocating for this company. When we agreed to do the showing for a friend and got our own Rainbow, we were told, like everyone else, we had to do 12 showings and two people had to keep the Rainbow. We were also told that the reimbursement check would be available to us 8 weeks after completing the program. We are currently at week 10 and no one has communicated to us about the completion of the program or the reimbursement for the product. I finally reached out via email and after several days received an email saying they outsource the approvals and have no way to know where they are in the process.

I then call my local Rainbow office and speak to a rep who attempted to be helpful, but really just shared the same information, "I can't help you because I just don't know..." I explained to the rep that while I understood they outsourced the approvals, the commitment came from Rainbow to get us the reimbursement. She reiterated that there was nothing she could do. I have now found myself with no recourse or resource for help. With each month that passes and each payment I make to the finance company, the interest at 27% is costing me even though they sell it to you explaining it will "pay for itself" when you complete the demos. I would be cautious if you choose to participate in the program. There are A LOT of requirements they don't explain clearly and expect that you will overlook at the time of purchase. I have gone from a Rainbow advocate to cautioning everyone who gets involved with this company.

SIDE NOTE: They also told me that only two of my three sales counted because one of them was not financed at 100%. I asked the rep how I could have possibly known that and she explained that they cannot share that information with the referring party. I said, "But had I only sold two, I could have done a 13th or 14th showing to try to get another sale, but I was under the impression that the sale counted, since they were told the financing went through and they could keep their new Rainbow. I asked AGAIN, "How could I have known that it wasn't financed at 100%?" She said, "You would have had to ask your friend that." Again, I would be VERY cautious about doing business with this company. They have defined methods/wording for avoiding the realities of the program and they mislead those who are interested by making it seem much easier and clearer than it actually is.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The Rainbow is great really. However, we entered the program and sold like 7 out of the 12 demos we did. 7! Unfortunately, the fine print stated we HAD to have only 4 renters for the demos. The rest had to be homeowners. So, even with our 7 sold. We didnt not qualify for completing the program. They waited 2 months, until yesterday, to tell us this info. Now, we have 1 week to find 1 more demo, who fits their demographics. Even if they buy the vacuum it won't count towards our program unless they fit into the specifications.

This is so misleading in many ways. We did do a 13th show literally last night. Hoping to finish the 12th qualifying show. Today we get an email from the Rainbow company stating the county records are not updated. And because the homeowner recently purchased the home in June it does not reflect their name, it just says it was sold but not to whom.

I had no plans to ask all my friends whether they own their home and show proof. If I would have know this I would have opted out. They are worse than pushy salesman 'cause at least you dont get ripped in and do all the hard work taking them to all your friends' houses and in the end having to foot the bill for a very expensive vacuum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I recently won a RainMate in a drawing and the salesman called to tell me I won and he wanted to bring the unit to my house. He ended up bringing a Rainbow vacuum and asked to demonstrate it for me. He and the girl were super nice! I went ahead and sat through the demonstration and it seemed like a really nice unit. 3 hours later I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I put a $100 down and financed the rest at about $2800. That was on a Thursday night.

I used it Friday and really liked it but I was having 2nd thoughts about this big purchase. We don't even have a house right now. I am living in an RV. For that reason and a few others I decided to call him back on Monday, after reading the return policy which gives you 3 business days to return the product and get your refund. He said no problem and I ended up bringing him the paperwork and the vacuum and all the accessories, he happily gave me my $100 deposit back and I signed the tract to cancel the deal. No muss, no fuss. The salesman Jerrad was very polite and didn't ask any questions. What great customer service! I told him we would be contacting him again as soon as our house was built.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I first owned a D2 model, which worked well, however the humid air went up through the motor and after 10 years we chose to replace it with the D3, which was the first to have the air exhaust outside the motor. My first wife introduced me to the Rainbow, I was skeptical, but was pleased with the performance. I started selling Rainbows. When my first wife died and someone else had to have her vacuum I didn't have the money to replace it so I used the best I could afford.

After marrying my current wife I bought a Rainbow, and she was very skeptical. When my stepson from my first wife called me to find out how he had asthma all his life and never had a serious attack I advised him of the Rainbow we used. He remembered using it and hated the water. He then went out and bought one. The cost. I have had one Rainbow for 22 years now and have done a total of $250 service and replacement, even a total rebuild because it was left on dirty water for over a month.

My youngest son was persuaded by a Kirby salesman that the Kirby is better. He bought one, and three Sharks and a couple of off brands. Total cost over the years does not compare to replacing vacuums, bags, etc. Not to mention the tools that clean every nook and cranny of the house. We live next to Three farms, a 2200 square foot house with 1 cat and 2 dogs that shed and we dust every two weeks, vacuum weekly.

We had our granddaughter clean our house and she used her Shark. We had to dust w/in 2 hours after she left. Sharks are an excellent vacuum. Multi-floor homes make it hard to handle (My 1st wife and I had a four floor home, we only vacuumed each floor once a month, remember the son that had asthma?), and it does require maintenance of cleaning separator (we didn't do it every time) and taking all of the ** in our house to the trash and flushing the micro stuff down the drain. Our house always has a good clean smell, and especially after vacuuming. It smell like it just rained inside. Not for everyone, but OCD's should love it over time.

Original review: July 2, 2018

First, we agree to do this show, ok whatever. The sales girl had pretty much just began, and is going through an obviously "rehearsed" description, and experiences. After the show, we agreed to buy it, doing the other shows to pay it off. I have Asthma, my kids have allergies, so I thought, "If this helps everyone, then awesome". Before I signed the contract, I asked several questions. One was, "what if we can't get enough people to do the shows?". Also, "what if the two people don't buy it?". We were told that if we meet half of the program, they would help and give us the first part of the money, and we would have to pay the balance.

Secondly, they said, "Don't worry about selling the two required. That's OUR job. ALL you have to do is get the shows". So, we've met the first half part, can't get enough people to agree to do the shows, which was a spoken concern at the beginning. I've emailed the customer service people, and the guy literally had no answer for me, other than, "the contract says...", And adds, "nothing 'special' was written in the contract about the first half being paid".

Also, they state that they will 'extend' the program, but we will need to add one more show. I've asked several times, how I'm going to do MORE shows, if no one else will agree to do the ones to meet the original 'contract'? I've gotten ugly at this point, because they treat you like you are lying to them, and are cheating them. I've explained that I am in no way asking for it to be paid off, just to get the part that we were told we would, and worked for.

They won't even email me back now, I'm assuming because I continue to insist on a common sense answer. I've spoke to several other people, who were also told that they would get the first half of the money if they completed that part. Also, one friend completed all 12 shows, no one bought one, so they won't give her the money, because they didn't get any sells. Even though they tell you that it's "their job" to make the sell.

I would NEVER do business with these crooks ever again. When I advised that we couldn't get anyone else to do the shows, they stated we needed to offer another vacation, and gave me a spiel on what to say to get them to do the show. I advised that we have offered vacations and even to buy food for them, but we still get a "no", and I told them that I would not continue to harass friends/family over this. They made it seem like it was ridiculous and I was lying that I considered that harassment.

We were so excited to get this, and now I wish we wouldn't have even agreed to do the show. Please consider your purchase heavily if you decide to get this, and be prepared to pay for it all. This is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. The people on this giving it 5 stars, sounds like they work for the company. Some of them state the exact same thing that we were told in our show. Worst financial/time decision ever.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Many here are confusing the three different aspects to a Rainbow vacuum. The Rainbow Vacuum Itself - A wonderfully engineered, powerful, easy-to-use vacuum cleaner that is better than 90% of other vacuums at cleaning the air it sucks in before it blows it back into your room. The vacuum, however, is not for everyone. It requires basic maintenance EVERY TIME you use it, which, many people will not take the time to do. If it is maintained and care for properly, it will provide many, many years of excellent service. Is it worth $3,000? No way. Buy one on eBay, Craigslist, or FB Marketplace, take it to a shop and have them service it, and you've paid half the price for a tremendous machine, avoiding the rigmarole of an in-house salesman.

Rexair - the manufacturer. Rexair sells only by door-to-door sales and has been for many decades. This is an antiquated, poor business choice in the internet age. Direct sales needs to go the way of the dinosaur. But, Rexair, as a company, is an American company that builds American machines. And they stand by their well-made equipment, as they have for nearly 100 years. They are not to be confused with number 3.

The Individual Distributors. These companies are who Rexair sells their machines to be sold door to door. And, unfortunately, this is where so many here have issue. Yes, there are some distributor companies who are legit, who focus on their customers, and have great reputations. Unfortunately, there are others. Others who will stop at literally nothing to con, scam, pressure, and manipulate you into paying a ridiculous price for an otherwise good product. These individual distributors are the ones who give Rexair and the Rainbow Vacuum a bad name. Would I recommend a Rainbow vacuum to a friend? Absolutely. I love my Rainbow and love using it. Would I let a salesman in my home in 2018? No way.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Long story short my husband and I did a home showing of the rainbow vacuum in 2016. We liked the vacuum and told them the payments was too high and the price we were told they would reduce the price and payment and give us two months free. After a few days of using it we figured it was too heavy to take up and down stairs and called them to get it. Landmark refuses to stop asking for payments for the vacuum and has damaged or credit.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I’ve had my Rainbow machine nine years and it is the best unit out there. The representative had me vacuum my carpet with my Oreck vacuum which I had high confidence and used weekly. Then, she used the Rainbow and I was embarrassed to see the dirt, hair and grime that was in the water, and the odor was horrible. I purchased the Rainbow and it has kept my off-white carpet clean, and extended the life of my carpet. The naysayers are all wrong about this product and hopefully will catch up with the truth about the Rainbow.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Well, I thought the Rainbow was going to be a good idea. Seems good with lots of great things to offer for my declining health. Only to discover that this has many downfalls. Vacuuming is almost impossible with vacuuming with water. As you pull the hose water spills everywhere and then gets stuck on the cord. Throw the dirty water down the toilet she tells me yes then I'm hiring a plumber to come and fix my Plumbing because everything backed up in my basement. Bad choice obviously. Water spills and I have laminate flooring. Now I have bubbles in my flooring from the water. Try carrying that thing up and down the stairs. As I already said I have health issues. It's already challenging to vacuum. Nevermind carry a big heavy thing with water in it. I feel like it's one of my worst purchases I've ever made. Would never recommend. I totally wish I could send it back.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am really surprised to read all the negative comments here. I have a Persian rug which was loaded with years of cat hair... No other vacuum can touch the cat hair... NONE. I had to scrub the carpet by hand with a brush... So, that is a great thing, to have the Persian rug clean again. And the attachments allow you to use the unit on hardwood or tile. And I have a big job to clean the cement floor in my basement and then repaint the floor, and there is an attachment for that. Plus it takes the allergens out of the air. All this by using water to filter out the gunk. No more vacuum bags to purchase, only empty and replace the water.

I am thinking that I really may not need a cleaning person anymore, if I can vacuum and the dirt actually goes away and does not swirl around the room and resettle. I am getting rid of three junky vacuum cleaners. Call me in 8 years, the length of the full warranty and tell me how many vacuum cleaners you have purchased in that time. I think this is a wonderful unit (Rainbow Air Cleaner and Vacuum), and highly recommend it to anyone with asthmatics in the home... It will clean the air and they will be able to breathe freely.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am so happy and so amazed having purchased Rainbow (complete cleaning system) even I am not really how to pay in installment basis. But you know what, I thought they are lying when they told me I can have it for free. True, I have now for free in the amount of 3200 because on their amazing demo program. Believe me! Not only that I, gained more or less 4,000 dollars worth of free gift from them, like, 12 piece cookware, 22 piece cookware and an Aquamate or a shampooer. Believe, it is really true.

You have to learn in actual experience and experiment the machine and you will discover amazing things more. Meaning for just 2 mos. and 1 week the company had given me the Rainbow for free plus other useful items to make your house clean and healthy. Believe me. If you want to learn more, please send me email in **. Once in a lifetime experience to own this amazing product. It purifies the air, regulates level of humidity inside your house, aromatizer, disinfect, medicates, saves you money because it doesn't use filter. Try and prove it. Don't be mislead with wrong information.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We purchased the unit at a cost of $3000. Interest rate too high and the product does not hold up well. A total waste of your money. The machine is big and bulky; not easy to use. Very labor intensive; taking apart to empty water from unit. I personally would not recommend this company or their vacuum cleaner system to anyone. It is a Big Disappointment!

Original review: June 5, 2018

My complaint is not about the vacuum performance, but about the awful, and I do mean awful, design. I am in the middle of vacuuming right now and just dumped the stupid thing over and am taking a break before I throw it in the garbage. Did the product designers ever use this thing? On one end, you have the electrical cord. On the other, the hose by which you must drag the machine by as you vacuum. I constantly have to stop to adjust the direction I am pulling the hose because if you change directions the cord will now be in front of the wheeled carriage and you’ll run over it. The damn body of the vacuum is constantly bashing into corners, furniture, or getting hung up on the edge of a rug, and instead of rolling over it, nine times out of ten, it will turn over. You’re not supposed to let it do that! Ugh! I’ve not used this vacuum once without getting frustrated beyond words.

The house smells clean and amazing and my floors look great after wrestling this contraption for two hours, but the company should really redesign this monster and retrofit all the ones they’ve already sold. We paid a fortune for this torturous and obstinate device. Don’t think about buying one unless you prefer whiskey with your chores... And make sure you’re already tipsy before you begin vacuuming or you’ll wind up on all fours trying to tame this beast.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Everything these days is way overpriced. We had a great display of this product in our home. Nobody pushed this product on me or made us feel pressured to purchase it in any way. Amber was excellent at instructing us on this item. We love our Rainbow. My home and the air in my home is now clean all the time thanks to our Rainbow. This product has cut way down on my cleaning chores. There is literally no more dust and dirt in the air inside my home. The rainbow will save you a lot of time from normal dusting and cleaning. We love this product and I am very pleased with this purchase. No more allergies! It’s priceless! Thank you Rainbow! ❤️

Original review: May 23, 2018

I attended a town craft fair and entered a few draws. 2 months later I got a call from a guy saying I won something and he'd come to my house to show me how to use it. He said it would take an hour to an hour and a half depending how many questions I had. Skeptical, I asked point blank if I had to sign up for anything or pay for anything. He said, “No, no, you just won our draw and so I'll bring the gift to your house!" At our appointment time, he shows up with HUGE amounts of stuff. He pulled out our "gift" - the mini whatever, put some water in it and told us to plug it into our bedroom. That took all of 2 minutes. He was there for THREE HOURS. He showed us the bigger system, and went page by page through the business plan and then literally wanted us to hand over a $4,000 cheque right there or sign up to sell them. WHAT. You came to my house to give me a gift... you lied about what this was as well as how long it would take.

On a piece of paper he tried drawing out the bonus structure for the business. He literally drew a guy with two guys below, then more guys below etc. Making a perfect pyramid shape. He didn't even notice how humorous this was. Onto the product. Sure, it's good. The stuff that came out during the demos - insane. I was tempted, don't get me wrong. The worst part of the entire day was when we told him we're not interested and he said he had to make a call. He calls someone right in front of us and basically puts on a REALLY bad skit. "Wow! I didn't know we could offer THAT?!" and then tells us about some deal THAT WAS IN HIS LAMINATED BOOK. I'm sure they JUST came up with that. We weren't born this morning. Even worse, he made a second call when we stuck with our disinterest. He ended up leaving the system at our house and scheduled to pick it up the next evening so we could "play with it".

Now that half our day was wasted, we only had a few minutes to actually try it. We tested it on our living room rug that he had done which shocked us, and couldn't get it to work. Anytime you go over/near an edge, the vacuum safety-shuts off and you have to reset it. 6 million shut offs later, we finished the rug and it still looked like crap. Sure, it got stuff out, but it didn't look like the little patch he had done.

We put everything by the door in fear that they would try to blame us for breaking something and make us pay. He came the next evening to grab it and was almost rude. He asked me if there was water in it (it's see through... like... look...) and I told him yes, a little. He scolded me saying water can't sit in it or something and told me to dump it out and made me put it back together which I didn't know how. He grabbed everything and left never even asking if I got to use it or how I liked it or anything. PS- The mini whatever that we won is cool... but unless you put a scent inside, you won't notice any difference. Supposedly it cleans the air, so if it does that, cool, but it's SUPER loud.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Never ever get into Rainbow System product demonstration. They are truly scam. They performed product demonstration at our house mentioning the benefits and its (Air filter/Vacuum) performance characteristics. Salesman will push you the wall to sign the sale contract with their misleading information about their product. You won't be able to cancel the sale and you have to pay $3000 for a vacuum that is no better than my any regular vacuum.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Scam scam scam. Do not be tricked into this program. I did what they call the Go4it program and you were suppose to do 12 shows, and have 2 people to keep the machine. Which I sold 4 machines. I completed the program and at the end I was told that I did not qualify for the program due to I did not have 2 that had A1 credit. The 2 people that keep the machine must have A1 credit, or they will not qualify for you. They want you to sell but you do not get all the details. It is not brought to your attn when you do the shows. They want to keep this information hidden. Then when you question them about it all they say is you signed the contract. You are responsible.

The machine is not worth 3,000.00. It does not work that well. I have allergies and it has not helped me at all. The entire company is a joke. Do not fall into this and let someone do a demo in your home and talk you into doing the Go4it program. Please read the reviews. This is a rip off. The program is a scam and the product is not that great. It does no better job than the vacuum that I had. I would totally do research due to I was taken and they will not even try to make it right. All they can say is you signed in which is not that noticeable in the contract due to they highlight all around it so you do not see that part. The Go4it program is a total scam.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We “won” a free air scent machine from doing a survey for a friend. The guy got here a little before 7pm and didn’t leave until 11:30pm. He started the evening by telling us about himself and how his now girlfriend calls him a player because he keeps several women’s robes in his closet all in different sizes so that he can accommodate any size women that comes to his home. Not to mention the endless stories about how he is a survived a completely torn aorta, brain surgery, a massive heart attack and he fights sumo wrestlers because of his road rage. Oh and he kicked in the car door of a thug that was waving a gun at him. It took him nearly 2 hrs to start the demo on the contrapment. We had to sit through him letting us know that even though we have smoke detectors everywhere that we was in fact going to die in a fire and that our best chance was to just sleep with our doors closed and pray that the firefighters will find us.

He even went and took our Carbon Monoxide detector off the wall and held it out and said “See this fire detector is expired.” We had to tell him that it’s not a fire detector, it’s our Carbon Monoxide detector. He finally got to the demo of the air purifier and showed us the scent demo and went on to tell us that the Rainbow would actually diagnose sickness. And that he has sold this to countless Doctors and they told him to not use their names when selling because their specialty was in respiratory diseases and that if the word got out about the Rainbow then they wouldn’t have a job anymore. Going on to say that if you have Asthma or allergies that just by using the air purifier you would be cured. And EVERYTHING was a “FACT”. We asked where he was getting his “facts” and he seemingly stumbled all over himself until he could throw out some ridiculous name.

He told of how he sold one to a mother and daughter and during the visit his vacuum told him that someone was sick in the house and they told him nobody was sick. But the next day he got a call from the daughter to let him know her mother had pneumonia. Sooo ridiculous. He also let us know that he makes a healthy six figure income and the better car in our driveway was his girlfriends and she had his. So on we go. We finally get the vacuum hooked up and he tells us to get our vacuum. In which he slams ours and says it's a joke and if we think our place is clean that we are kidding ourselves. He continues by telling us that he hasn’t had to dust his home in 6 months because of his purifier and vacuum. He then has us take our vacuum and he says “now vacuum over that area 52 times because there is 52 weeks in a year. Then he takes his spotlight and demos all the dust still there.

But when we run the Rainbow he conveniently neglects to demo another dust test. He goes on to talk about how he is a world class cook and he only uses waterless cookware. In which he says that we would qualify for if enough people let him come demo the product. So then we get to the price... $3400. I immediately said that isn’t in any budget of mine and I’m perfectly happy with my Dyson. He let me know that if I’m happy with crap that my problem. But then he focused on my friend and really laid it on thick. Told her that he could cut her a deal for $88/month. I reminded her that she is going to Med School and that this really wouldn’t be something to get at this time. He then started trying to get her to sell them. She persisted telling him she didn’t like nor wanted to do sales. He told her “We don’t sell. We Demo.”

He kept on with talking about his family and how his son saved the Cheesecake Factory and how he has to educate all the firefighters on how they don’t know anything about smoke detectors and they hate to see him coming because he makes them look dumb. I actually got up several times to go do laundry or clean the kitchen hoping he would catch the hint but after I seen that he hadn’t even dumped the water out of his Rainbow it was apparent he was gonna stay forever. So I called my son and I let him know that my son (of whom would have removed the man) was coming and his car was in the way. He finally gave in and handed this little bitty water container and sold my friend 4 bottles of some scents (of which we only got three of them. He was suppose to deliver the other one today. It never showed up). This guys name is Frank. Columbia Mo. please don’t let him in your home. He will never leave!! Beware!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Back away as fast as you can from this company. The manager Daryl just told me they do not want me or people like me as customers. They failed to "thoroughly" diagnose my Rainvac Rainbow machine's issues and Daryl has blamed me. To say Daryl is rude would be a gross understatement. He told me he could tell by my demeanor what kind of person I am and he wasn't going to be taken by a guy like me. If you're looking for abuse, go to Rainvac and deal with Daryl. The $260.00 I spent with them was a waste. Avoid at all costs. All the negative online reviews spring from the well of truth.

Original review: March 31, 2018

So I won a free thing at a home and garden convention but to get it I had to sit through a demonstration of a vacuum cleaner, it looked good so we signed up to it agreeing to pay $83 a month. All signed up there and then. A few days later apparently the credit check (that hasn't been run according to our credit files) failed and in order to keep it we had to pay a further $500 upfront. Well the agreement has no mention of this so we refused, but then they refused to accept the $83 payment. A few calls and we got sick of hearing from them, so we took some legal advice and because their contract is so shoddy, we were advised to stick to the original agreement and just note when they refused payments, so we told them we would only communicate in writing and sent a letter detailing our complaint.

2 weeks later a guy called Bill ** shows up demanding the Rainbow back, claiming he hasn't had a letter and that the contract says "subject to credit status", however this term is a piece of paper on its own stapled to the front of the actual contract with no signatures. He refused to leave the property leading to the police being called yelling about taking us to court, still refusing to leave after being told to take us to court then. The police showed up to remove him and he tried to claim to the police it was his machine we had taken from him, wasting our time again to show the officer our contract despite him having a contract in his hands mere minutes ago. So this Bill then again claims the only reason he was trespassing was to get a police report to take to court, despite not needing a police report to take anyone to court.

Asked whether we would just hand over the Rainbow the answer is no, because the company take your current vacuum and they're not willing to return it or reimburse the several hundred dollars of vacuum cleaner they took away. So we're waiting for them to file in court so a judge can tell them to just accept the payments of the agreement. I would recommend giving this company a wide berth, a bunch of cowboys who are just out to try and fleece you for money, then again I guess if they were legit they wouldn't have a pyramid style sales model.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This company is a scam and will say anything to get their commissions. We had Amanda ** come do a demo and she told us if we could get 4 friends to agree to a demo (no obligation to purchase) that we would get a friend 3 night trip. We specifically asked her about the qualifications as the referral sheet says they need to be homeowners and typically families/couples. She said that didn’t matter because they sell to everyone regardless of marital status and homeowner status. We, ourselves, rent so we believed her. We have been trying to follow up for a month regarding our referrals because you also only have 24 hrs to fill out the referral sheet to qualify for the trip and extra bonuses. We gave her the sheet the day she did our demo so within hours. We have had 4 friends do the demo so we should be getting our free trip but now she is saying some of our referrals don’t qualify because they rent, they are single males, etc.

Basically Amanda lied to get her commission. We only bought the vacuum because it seemed worth the $3000 to get a good vacuum, free trip, and additional pieces. We wouldn’t have paid $3000 for a vacuum alone. This company has poor customer service and obviously will say anything to get a sale. You only have ten days to return the vacuum but they avoid calling your friends or returning your calls in a reasonable amount of time so by the time you talk to them it is way past the ten days. We want our money back not because the vacuum isn’t good but because I don’t support piece of ** liar companies.

Original review: March 2, 2018

ONE THING I WILL SAY, THE VACUUM works great ONCE I've prepared it. The "sales" show went so fast, I did not have time to really pay attention to all he had to do to use it, I was shocked how much "yuck" was coming out of my carpet, BUT... After two pinched nerves and being on my back and the expense of doctors and prescripts and the pain to use it ever after is a struggle, I would NOT have purchased it! There are many features that they need to upgrade, but for now... a "1" is all I can give since we are paying sooo much for pain! I'd rather have to vacuum 3 times a day with our OLD vacuum than full with this mess to clean it out.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Rainbow vacuum cleaners are in my book the best. You can treat pillows for allergy and I love the way it picks up everything. To have it trap it in water for me is awesome.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I really love that with the Rainbow the dirt is sucked up into a bowl of water instead of a bag with the remainder being reintroduced to the air. All of the dirt goes into the water bowl. You simply dump the water bowl when you are done vacuuming. It can also be used as an air purifier with different oils in the water, it can be set on low to continuously purify the air if you will.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

If the product was as revolutionary as they claim it is, the owners of the company would sell it on Amazon and make billions and not have to pay employees. Just like Amway or Herbalife, they rely on pushy salesmen coming to your home to sell you the product. Ask yourself this, how much do you think it costs for the Rainbow to be made? Maybe $50 or $100 at most. But they are trying to make you buy it for $3000. Crazy! Scam scam scam.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I don't understand the complaints on here. It sounds like y'all had some bad salesmen in your house for sure. It's a great company that's been around since 1936. The power nozzle is not separate it all comes with the Rainbow. They last for 40+ years and it's all American made and it actually works. It's taken people off of Inhalers and gets rid of allergies in the home. Now if you don't have allergies or asthma then the vacuum part is fantastic as well. It actually does what you buy it to do. I can't go through the whole demonstration on here or anything but for real if you have any complaints or questions about the price just comment on here and I can answer any questions you have about the product.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Always brush its teeth when finished. This minor maintenance task will add years to the vacuum's lifespan. The initial cost is well worth the expense. Put this on your wedding registry first.

Rainbow Vacuum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

• Best for: Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs