Rainbow Vacuum

Compare Vacuums

Research top Vacuums recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a Rainbow and I am very happy with my product. However I would not recommend anyone to purchase this thru the Go4it program. I had a rep named Kim come do a show for me, that from my understanding has been with the company for a long time, and after the couple didn't get it she became pushy and mean. It was very uncomfortable. She then said that I didn't do enough to ensure her sale. I was not told that I had to ensure her sale. I was only told that I had to look for couples to watch the presentation. After that she deemed the show unqualified and made up lies about the couple not participating so I could not get credit. It was a waste of time for me and nothing like I was promised. No one in any department seemed to care either. This is not a program I would recommend to anyone.

I purchased a Rainbow Vacuum about a year ago. I have been so very sorry I even let these people in my house. It is awkward and difficult to maneuver. I have an upstairs and taking it from one floor to another is a chore. After trying to use it, I called the person who sold it to me and told her I did not want it. It was the day after I had purchased the vacuum. She said she was busy, but would get back to me the next day. When she came, she said it was too late to take it back. It is hard to use and not worth the effort. No one wants to buy it because it is a ridiculous price. I hate it!

I have had my Rainbow for almost 6 months and I absolutely love the product. However when I got done with my demos I sent them in to be verified and you can only have 4 renters and you can have more only if they buy. I got my email back and they told me that I had 6 renters so therefore I needed two more demos to replace the last two who were not homeowners and did not buy. So I took matters into my own hands and call the tax assessor's office and verified that in fact those two people did own their home. I don't know where they got their information from but it was clearly incorrect. They would not reply to me when I told them that. If I have to go as far as taking a picture of the deeds to the homes I will but it should not be that much trouble. Highly aggravated with this aspect of doing the program.

I bought one 10 years ago when we were building our house. They're expensive, ($2,500.00 back then) so I chose to buy the vacuum outright with cash instead of buying living room furniture. I figured a stupid couch will wear out but a vacuum that doesn't spray dust into the air was crucial, as I had a 18 month old toddler who used to follow me around behind the traditional vacuum and breathe in all the dust from the vacuum & it stressed me out! It is also fascinating to look at all the debris in the water bucket after you are done vacuuming, kind of like looking through an archeological dig. And if you mistakenly vacuum up a small toy or something it doesn't matter because you can always fetch it out later.

Both my sisters had Rainbow vacs before me & loved them. One sister said she vacuumed her son's mattress and there was all this cruddy brown stuff in the water she was shocked that the mattress was dirty at all. So it's been 10 years & I still love it. The idea that the dirt travels & gets captured through water intuitively makes sense, which is why I'd choose a rainbow vac over Dyson any day.

I just bought a Rainbow Vacuum and Cleaning System Saturday and LOVE IT!! The demonstration took longer than an hour, but we talked a lot and asked a lot of questions! We thought we knew everything about vacuums but we clearly did not and have been living in a dirty house our whole lives. The people that are complaining are mainly complaining about financing and not the ACTUAL VACUUM! Come on people! We just paid for ours right there and then because we knew which all the people below should have known that financing it makes it more expensive! Ours would have been $2900, but with the 21-year warranty for free and the vacuum attachment for free and the air fragrances for free because we purchased that day, it was $2197 or something like that!

We traded in a crappy ORECK and that got the price down as well! With all that I learned and all that I am getting out of my carpet, this was a deal! To know that people still have these from 1955 (they started making them in 1936) I am convinced that this was the best investment ever! If I know this for even just 10 years and don't have to buy bags, filters or 5 vacuums in that amount of time then I have easily made my money back. The fact that this is also a clean air system and not just a vacuum is a huge plus as well. When I used my old vacuums all they do is create more dust and make my house smell bad! The amount and dirt and bacteria I am getting out of the air in my house is amazing and disturbing at the same time! :) So happy for this purchase. If you are reviewing these reviews please do not pay attention to the financing ones... Base your purchase on the actual vacuum reviews and decide how you are paying on your own. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Without a doubt, I will never go back to another brand of vacuum ever again. I just realized a couple of days ago that I have own this thing for over 10 years now and I have never had an issue (knock on wood). When I first got it I used it in my housekeeping business. Since then, I have moved about 4 times since getting this vacuum and it works on any type of flooring I've had.

I don't know what all the hate is. If you got it financed through a shady company, review them, but not the product. And I will speak from experience on that. I did have it financed and I had a $1.50 "late charge" on my FINAL payment of the loan after I moved and never knew about this $1.50. And the bank took a huge portion of my loan written off as bad debt (I late learned companies get tax credits when they do this). Was I furious? You bet I was! But that had zero to do with the company that creates Rainbow and I dealt with the bank separately. If I upgraded to a newer model I would at this point in my life pay for it with cash and not try to finance something I cannot afford. Anyways... I will never ever go back to using a regular vacuum, regardless of the cost. Never.

In October of 2016 I was asked to do an in home product demonstration of the Rainbow Vacuum System by some friends of mine. They stated that if I did they would be able to receive a free attachment for their vacuum cleaner and that I did not have to buy anything. Being the good friend that I am and the informative buyer that I think I am, I decided to do some research prior to the in home demonstration. Prior to the demonstration my vacuum of choice was the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball. I went online and looked up the Rainbow systems as well as comparisons between Dyson and Rainbow.

By the end of my two hour research I was convinced that I would not be buying the Rainbow System and I contacted Lisa ** with Astonishingly Clean and advised her that I had done my research and that I felt there was nothing she could do to change my mind over to her Rainbow System as the Dyson was just as good a product and cost me much less. Lisa asked if she could still come by and do the demonstration for me and she said that there was no pressure to buy (Of course!). I told her that she was more than welcome to come by and do the demonstration but that I was steadfast in not buying her Rainbow System. She said "No problem" and we set a date and time for the Demonstration.

On October 28, 2016 Lisa and her Husband Darryl arrived at my home to demonstrate their Rainbow Vacuum System. The first thing Lisa did after introducing herself was to give me a free gift. She gave me a Rainmate air aromatizer and said it was mine to keep just for watching their demonstration. As Lisa and Darryl brought the Rainbow System and all of the attachments into my home, I again told her that I "100%" did not think she was going to be able to convert me from the Dyson to the Rainbow System and she said she just appreciated the opportunity to show me the Rainbow System. I told her about all of the research that I had done and I went on for about 20-30 minutes about how there was really no difference.

Lisa and Darryl listened to me and when I was finished Lisa smiled and said, "I love it when customers have done their research!", and she proceeded to unwrap the components of the Rainbow System and explain the workings of the Rainbow. The demonstration lasted approximately four hours, but that was only because we were talking as old friends while the demonstration was taking place. We were discussing our community and the fact that Darryl and I had worked for the same Department for years, all the while they were answering all of my extensive questions about the Rainbow System. At One point I realized and pointed out to Lisa and Darryl that this was the same vacuum from the show "Everybody loves Raymond episode "Humm Vac"".

One of the biggest things that stood out during the demonstration was comparisons to "Air Flow" and "Air Suction". In all of my online research this was never talked about and I wasn't knowledgeable enough to look for it because I just didn't know that this comparison was something that I should be looking for when researching Vacuum systems. Lisa and Darryl were very knowledgeable on this topic of comparisons and without a demonstration I'm not sure most buyers would think to look into this subject when comparison shopping for Vacuum systems. Most all vacuum systems use filters and when the filters become full with soot and fine dust it blocks the air flow but not the suction. I didn't know that. The Rainbow Vacuum System does not use filters. Lisa and Darryl cleaned several parts of my home (Another plus) while explaining each attachment that could be purchased separately to go along with the system.

Some attachments came with the system but for a more detailed all over cleaning there are several attachments that can be purchased, or "Earned". You earn attachments by assisting Lisa and Darryl in finding others that would be willing to have an in home demonstration. Even if they don't purchase a Rainbow System you still get the attachment for setting up the demonstration. After all of this time I felt no pressure to buy this Rainbow System, but after the knowledge of "Air Flow" and "Air Suction" and filters vs. no filters and seeing the water reservoir that holds all of the dust and dirt as you vacuum, I was sold. I am not a clean freak, but after you really "LEARN" what the Rainbow System is capable of I can not see how anyone would/could stay with a conventional vacuum cleaner. When I do clean I like my home to be "CLEAN" and the Rainbow System is a "CLEANING" machine.

The Rainbow System is not a cheap system and the price definitely made me pause as far as purchasing one, but with all I had learned from Lisa and Darryl I couldn't "not" own one. Ignorance is truly bliss and I was ignorant to vacuum systems and strictly went on what I saw on TV as far as how I chose to purchase a vacuum cleaner. Price was and always will be something that plays a part on my decision making when purchasing anything, but the knowledge that I gained from Lisa and Darryl on vacuums in general could not be denied. I challenged everything they said with what I had learned and by the end of the demonstration I knew Lisa and Darryl had converted me. I was now the proud owner of a Rainbow Vacuum System.

Lisa and Darryl went above and beyond to make sure that I truly understood what I was purchasing, how each part worked and attached to the system. They guided me as I used it making sure that I was hands on with the product and all parts and attachments that went with it, and to this day, six months later, they still keep in touch with me to see if I need any attachments or fragrances, (You add fragrances to the water to enhance the smell of your home while you clean) or any assistance reference my Rainbow System. Lisa and Darryl are great sales representatives for a great product that really sells itself, you just gotta know it's there and what it is really capable of.

I signed up for a Rainbow distributor to come and give me an in home demonstration at a home show, where they had a sign on their table that said "Free RainMate with every in home demonstration". I thought "Why not, I'll sit through this hour long demo and then get a freebie." So Mario showed up at my apartment and gave me his spiel, I was hesitant to buy. He started throwing in freebies, He said "If you buy today I will give you the shampoo system free." And I decided at this point it would be worth the cost.

I was also trading in my old Bissell for a credit on my account. He had me call their financing department while he wrote up my receipt. They asked me if I had received everything I had been promised, and I told them I didn't know because he was still writing up the order. He left the vacuum he had demoed and told me my shampooer and RainMate would be there in a week. They never came. I also never received the credit for my old vacuum. I contacted their local offices and were told he would be delivering them in person that Tuesday. They never came. I tried again, this time by filing a complaint on the corporate page, and received a call saying I must have misheard him and that I hadn't given him enough referrals for the incentives. I didn't give him enough referrals for the incentive, the incentive he was offering for referrals was a cookware set.

I had a cheaper vacuum which was way more simple to use and less of a hassle. I haven't noticed a single difference but I think it was a horrible decision to buy this. I think any vacuum could easily keep up with this thing.

I purchased my Rainbow Vacuum on 03/03/2016 and from the get go I had issues with the "power nozzle" and part of the description states "The Rainbow Power Nozzle does a fabulous job cleaning carpeting, tile, linoleum and other hard surface flooring." And during the demo Jon showed me in my almost entire tiled house how to use the power nozzle on my tile floor. I have had to go in and get the power nozzle bristle pieces replaced numerous times now. They have very limited hours (evening only). I am not really available in the evening and driving across town to drop off and then again to pick it up each time is a huge hassle on my part. I have had to purchase two additional vacuums since I purchased this $5,000 vacuum from them because it is always broken!

And they are stating they only have a 3 day return policy - this is absurd. I went into this after a ton of research and was expecting an amazing product that would not have issues like this and great customer service but the product is always broken and if you can't ever get a hold of customer service then the vacuum is out of service for longer until you can get it fixed. Then they advised me to not use the power nozzle which clearly states it is for hard-face flooring on my tile floors because it is not meant for that.

David the service repair manager from the Sahara office was supposed to come to my house on Friday March 3rd at 9 a.m.. He didn't show up and then he texted me saying that he wasn't able to make it and that we should reschedule. My reply back to his text message asking telling him that I was available every morning the very next week except for Tuesday. He never responded. On Tuesday March 7th I texted him again. Ask him when he was able to come out. He confirmed that he would be here on Wednesday at 10 a.m., he was 27 minutes late. David was very rude and said that I neglected my Rainbow by using the power and also on the tile floor even though the website does clearly say can be used on hard surfaces and that he was going to avoid my warranty because of the use on my tile floor.

David said he's never seen a one-year-old Rainbow look as used as mine and that I must be abusing it. I stated that I use it 3 to 6 times a day because I have to use it after every meal and every snack time or anytime we do an arts-and-crafts project clean up the mess on the floor. He then threatened again to void the warranty on my Rainbow. I called only clean on March 8th at 12:17 p.m. and left him a voicemail asking the owner to call me back. I left my phone number and my name twice. I never received a phone call back.

I called Astonishingly Clean March 10th at 12:45 p.m. and Jennifer answer the phone. She said that she was a manager and then she got John on the phone. I spoke to John and he basically said that they are not going to allow me to return it because I'm past the 3-day return policy and that he is upset because I threw a tantrum and filed with the Better Business Bureau. And now he has to post a rebuttal, and deal with them. But because he's a good guy he is still willing to work with me and help me repair my Rainbow. John also stated for the first time today he might just replace the power nozzle. I just want to return the Rainbow vacuum for a refund. I have phone records, screenshots of the text conversation with David and pictures of my power nozzle that is always damaged.

A representative from this company came up last night for what he said only 1 hour but he stayed for almost 2 & 1/2. At first he was very polite and friendly but after he finished presenting the product, which is not bad, his behavior changed after I refused to sign directly the contract. The cost was very high almost 3800$, he started to fool us by some discounts reaching 600$. As some said I read reviews before I make high purchases and check the prices and it was a shock that it really costs almost 2800$ and less including shipping. I believe that the product is good but is not worth this amount and these salesmen are so ugly in their way of making business which I really disdain.

I had an older Rainbow for about 12 years and loved it! We was talked/pressured into buying the "newest and greatest" vacuum ever invented. I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the cleaning ability of this vacuum! It does not perform anywhere close to as good as my old one. It is very overrated and overpriced! I have a rechargeable swivel sweeper that cleans better than the new Rainbow!

These folks came to my house to demonstrate a Rainbow vacuum. Since I signed up for this at a home show, they promised they would only take around an hour, and they would give us a free air purifier. They not only stayed an hour, it turned into 3 hours. They were constantly asking questions about our finances, very personal questions as well. I had had enough, and told the couple to pack up the vacuum, we had no more time to sit and listen to their nonsense. They were simply not going to leave until they sold us a vacuum. We asked politely several time, then they proceeded to tell us we would not get the air purifier if we did not buy the vacuum cleaner. That is not what they told us at the home show. This was in Anderson, S.C.

We kept telling them we were not buying, they would not leave. I walked in the bedroom, called the police, and within 3 to 4 minutes, the cops were knocking on our door. My husband stepped outside, told the deputies what was going on, they asked to come in, and immediately told the Rainbow folks to leave. This was not the first time they have had to run them off from a home. I had the paperwork that the woman had signed to give us the free air purify, and a set of oils, the cops made her go out to her car and give them to us. I keep my house very clean, and the man kept saying how dirty my house was. The cop told him if he didn't stop putting us down, he would take him in. Hated to use such drastic measures, but had to do what I had to do. DON'T EVER LET THESE FOLKS COME IN YOUR HOME!!!

I purchased the Rainbow system over 4 months ago. After reading these reviews I was afraid that entered into a contract that was misleading. However, I followed the guidelines for the Go4it program in order to receive my system for free. I completed my 12 demos in less than 90 days and the company honored their word and I received the money to pay off the system. I had 5 sales out of the 12 and I made my 13th sale. I will admit it was a lot of work but ultimately it was worth it. I received lots of incentives and all the attachments.

I only had two bad reps and I requested those reps not do any of my other shows. The other 10 were professional and thorough. I would go to a friend's house with a bottle of wine or a snack and watch them clean their house. Everyone who saw the demo loved it and it was no worries if they decided not to get it. So, it was a win- win. I got a great product for free. If I had 12 other friends and more time I would do it again. I will admit my other friends did not have my same experience but it's because they don't have the time to do the demos. I have one friend who finished hers within 30 days. I hope this helps.

Rainbow did not mention nothing about a $2900 vacuum costing $4000. We got the Rainbow and were told it was going to $2900 total. Come to find out a month later that the company took a loan out for $4000 for the vacuum. I did not consent to a $4000 loan being taken out for a vacuum. I could have gotten the same product for less than $1000 online. This company is a scam. Don't waste your money.

I've owned and used my Rainbow for 11 years. It cleans like no other. All of these people complaining about what they have to clean out of the water basin and the smells need to stop living like pigs! If you've got all that crap in the basin after you vacuum or shampoo then your rainbow is working! Morons! If your carpet never gets 100% clean, then it's time for new carpet. You've trashed yours beyond belief by living like animals. Those of you complaining about financing, you signed the freaking contract! You wanted it, so you signed it to get what you wanted. You! Don't blame anyone else. We financed ours originally for about 2 years and paid it off. It's still saved me money on buying replacement vacuums and bags over an 11 year period. And it prolonged the life of our original carpet to 9 years. And it was cheap carpet! Rainbow is the best!

I have MS. The seller said it would be good for me since I am auto immune. She said it would be easy for me to use. Well I have to say NOT. I have fallen 2 times putting it together. I called the seller and she said "well you can pay someone to use it to clean your house." Can't afford that. I asked her to pick it up since it's only been used 1x for $1000. She said she would tell a new person she's training. I tried to call the distributor but no answer. They're such a sham I can't believe it. And she is at home conventions trying to get people by saying you might win a air purifier.

I absolutely loved the vacuum itself but the tactics they use are horrible not to mention if you don't have the 3000 to scoop out right then and there they have easy monthly payments but if you actually read it you're now paying a grand total of 6000 so I respectively ask for the return till I could pay in full. So now the manager or owner or someone whose ** clearly does not stink to them calls me, starts off nice and then when she realized my mind wasn't changing now I'm questioned on maybe I just can't afford it cause 100 a month is worth it... not when it equals 2x the price (just cause I love a car I'm not gonna pay 2x the money for it when I could wait and pay half) and they have a work for it program. She says "well we probably wouldn't even hired you from what it sounds like."

Like holy you not only temporarily had a sale but on hold but lost it all together. I can't complain about the product. I did really love it but just for how I was treated I am willing to pass it by. And there is no way to buy these without going through one of these consultants. If you have 3000 to drop I would say it's a great product but don't fall for their ** monthly plans that in the end cost you double!

DO NOT BUY THIS VAC. It is a rip-off. They will charge you 24 percent interest and for your 2300 dollar vacuum, after 2 years of paying 89 a month with 49 a month in interest, we still owe 2100 dollars. We're cancelling the automated payment and contacting our attorney. High-pressure sales and empty promises were delivered and we got a defective vac and we did not get the fragrances or the humidifier or ANYTHING we were promised.

Rainbow lied to us and is now STEALING our money. I have no receipt or order number because this was a set-up from our relative who gave out our PII illegally and hooked us up with this pyramid scheme. The vac is great, it's just not worth 2500 bucks. Maybe 250 bucks, but not TEN TIMES THAT. This doesn't work any better than our Bissell upright. I am extremely unsatisfied, especially at the raping of our bank account. We are stopping payment and we don't care about the credit hit. Come get this piece of ** and stop charging us a hundred bucks a month for eternity.

The vacuum is wonderful and I would buy it again. One of the "perks" was that if you had allergies/asthma, you could get a prescription and have it written off on your taxes. Our daughter is 3 and does have allergies/asthma BUT she tested negative to the dust mite which is how you would get a prescription. They use this as a selling point but need to be more forthcoming about the information given. We would have purchased anyway because we know several people who have had them for long periods of time. We also have 3 large inside dogs and the Dyson Animal we purchased in 2009 stunk even after cleaning filters... It also lost suction.

Machine stopped working within 3 mos. of purchase. Took it to a Rainbow store for either exchange or repair, they refused to do so. When told it was financed and could not continue to pay for something that doesn't work the response was "we already got paid. It's up to you to pay the financing company." We are stuck with a broken machine and harassing phone calls.

I have owned Rainbows now for 24 years. Yes the water thing can be a hassle but I love that my house is cleaner longer than it ever was before. The floor has very little dirt when I do vacuum and I only have to dust once a month and I live on a dirt road. Yes it is expensive but I have only bought two machines in 24 years so the math is awesome. No filters and no bags.

So, this all started cause my fiance put his name in a mall drawing for a displayed John Deere riding lawnmower. He got a call saying we are part of the 25 finalists and won a 3 day, 2 night trip to a place of our choosing in the US and that logistics would be squared away via home visit. The first visit didn't pan out cause I was at work and apparently both parties need to be present. So yesterday the guy came with a Rainbow shirt on and discussed the trip for maybe 5 minutes (which was apparently only hotel inclusive, the plane or car ride expense wasn't included). Then he brought in a Rainbow and wasted our time by throwing a 3 hour show in our living room about a $3000 multi purpose vacuum cleaner.

Me and my fiancee make about 50k collectively which is not a lot plus a wedding we are funding. My fiance was in awe as was I but I couldn't stomach the price. I could get a used car for about that price. So we considered the item after hearing we could earn it before first payment by participating in and giving references to present the product. I told the guy I didn't want to make a decision till after the holidays and he was pushing the "you can keep it and not make a first payment till June starting the first of January". My fiance was all over that and we got it. After, I called my mom who told me she used to sell Rainbows and that the business is almost required to disqualify a certain percentage of visits to either gain out of pocket expense or interest.

I kinda made my fiance return the item within the 3 day cancellation period cause I did not feel comfortable with a company who scammed us into purchase, having our personal info. Nor did it feel right having to make a part time job out of merely paying off the item. I think it is a good product and works well, but it's not worth the price. You can get it new on amazon for 25% less and tack on a sufficient warranty for 1-200$ more or buy a different and even more efficient and higher rated brand for 700$ with a 10 year motor warranty. I am really upset that the rainbow company manipulates and misleads people into purchasing it by offering trips or what not and then throws in the sales pitch. Unethical. It is for that reason that even if I were rich, I wouldn't buy it.

I love everything about my Rainbow system and I have had it for 3 years. It does not stink as one of the reviews on here said. That means you sucked something stinky up and you need to wash your hose and basin. It never clogs. I don't have to clean nearly as often because I actually pick up all the dirt. It's a dream. Totally worth the investment.

Rainbow makes a great vacuum but has horrible marketing skills. After a 2 1/2 hour demo, I was very interested, but always like to think about large purchases for a day or 2. Well, I just witnessed the salesman go from nice to "nasty"... Totally disgusted, I purchased online from a reputable for 1/4 of the price and am very satisfied. My item appears to be brand new factory condition. My friends were supposed to get a small token referral bonus and are being ignored. I'm not sure why a company who makes a great product chooses to operate in this poor manner.

After owning a Rainbow over a year, I have to write a review. Only, because every time I use it, (which is every day), I complain. First of all, I like a very clean home. I like how rainbow does clean. BUT this cleaner is the most disgusting thing I have ever had to clean. I think I'd rather clean a port-a-john than this machine. Well, it's probably about the same as a port-a-john! The bin that holds the water smells like death, a sewer, a constipated person, I don't know, whatever smell is the worse in your life.

It's SO bad that I have to take it outside to empty it. And thank god that I have woods in my backyard, or I don't know where I would empty it. Then, while emptying it, if a piece of hair or dog/cat/ whatever hair or human cell is in it, it sticks inside the water bin. I have to get a paper towel to get it out. Then, I have to take the smelly bin into my kitchen sink to clean it. Then I have to disinfect my kitchen sink and the surrounding area around my kitchen sink due to splatter. Then, you have to go hook the machine back up. It takes a good 15-20 minutes of my time to do this and more if I clean it properly because the attachment to the hose is also FILTHY WITH SMELLY GRIME! UGGH, I am not kidding.

I will never recommend this cleaner to anyone for this reason alone. I wish that I could attach the smell of this machine. Maybe, I'll make a video of the steps that you have to go through when you want to vacuum and post on youtube. I have to do this procedure 2-3 times a week. Again, it's disgusting. I now wear gloves. I paid $2,000 and like I said, it clean good, but... Like I said the smell of death... ALL I want to do is turn on my vacuum and clean. Occasionally, empty a container or change a bag. p.s. my family runs when I empty it. Oh, and the little bottle of air freshener does NOT HELP...

So I thought I was going into something easy to do when I choose the go for it program but this is just a time bomb waiting to explode. Rainbow does not pay you the complete money to pay for the Rainbow after taxes and interest from the 3rd party lender who pays Rainbow & gave you a loan. Next they disqualified your show for the stupidest reason if they don't get a sale. I did 16 shows as of today and only 11 qualified... Simple stuff as 1 of the couple work full-time but is on call because of her injury and the other that keep freaking me out is if 1 of the couple parent live in the home. It's call a multi-family home. It even gets worst if you tell the rep who is doing the show that the mother help with some bills because staying with them...

Now yesterday 10/20/16 I did a show thinking everything was ok because I didn't see anything wrong. About 20 mins later the rep Jason call to say your show was not qualified because it's a multi-family home due to the fact the mother live in the home & the husband told him she does help them pay their mortgage. Now mind you the mother already told the rep all 3 names are on the title because they just purchase the house together. He didn't find a problem with it then. We watch the demo for 2 1/2 hrs or more after he had a problem with it because they didn't purchase... Mr. Jason had the nerves to blob "he never seen a ** family lived like this before". Then Jason (rep) said "I'M not being racial or anything..." So what are you being then Jason?

He is a huge white man that kept pulling his XL t-shirt off his 5x belly & we didn't discriminate because that is not the way to treat people. If he didn't say what he said I wouldn't even go there right now. Jason DID not give the family the hotel weekend that was supposedly to be a token of their appreciation to each house they go into to do a demo purchase or not. I think Jason is rude & racist. Don't please don't take it unless you want to have sleepless nights. I have met a few nice rep but Mr. Jason is the worst.

If someone calls you and said they drew your name for a FREE aromatherapy machine that you filled out at Bikes & Blues, HANG UP. It's not a free gift like they lead you to believe at their kiosk. What it is, they bring your "gift" out and before you get what you WON by having your name drawn is, you have to sit through the presentation for the Rainbow Cleaning System. So, your name WASN'T drawn by luck. They went through ALL the slips filled out, under false pretenses, and picked the LOCAL names.

This is a complete scam. I told them I can't afford to buy it but I would like my "gift" that I won by having my name drawn. She said, "So, you'll be willing to look at the cleaning system and it could last 45 to 90 minutes." I said "No, I don't want to see it." She said "Ok, thank you then." AGAIN, I said "But I want what I WON when my name was DRAWN." Well, ONLY if I sit through the presentation. The Company name is: New Promise and their phone number is: 479-649-0909. If you get a call saying your name was drawn and when can they come by to give it to you... they will be trying to give it to you... you know the gimmick at BB & BBQ.

This place didn't have any Rainbow units there. All they had was the aromatherapy machines. When they called me yesterday, they said they will bring it out, show you how to use it, how to clean it and show you the bigger unit... BIGGER UNIT. No mention of Rainbow vacuums. TOTAL dishonest. I wish I could see them again at some other rally etc.

I am giving them 1 star because you have to rate in order to give a review. First of all, I was pissed because my time was wasted. He said the demo would be 45 min to an hour. An hour later he is still rattling and I am tapping the face of my watch. I am not a fan of salesman when it comes to consumer sales and I definitely did not like the beat around the bush approach, casually and covertly throwing shade and trying to be witty but sounding like an ass. They give you the free gift (the mini air cleaner) but then yank out a big advertisement for a $3000 set of pots. NEXT. He pulls out a flood light and calls it a black light trying to show us the dust in the air. OK. What's your point? Then he pulls this huge thing out of the box, puts water in it and turns it on. YAWN. Ok so at this point I am like... "listen we are not interested. This "air cleaner" is way overpriced. We are not paying 3k for this."

I told him the price itself is not practical for working class people and although we could have purchased multiple units we were not because the price is ridiculous. He argues with me that he is right and to let him tell you why he is right. I told him "pack it up. I am not interested." As he is packing it up... He is consistently mouthing off about he goes through this all the time and who in America is "practical". I wanted to put my practical foot up his simple **. But I refrained from even responding to this nonsense. What I wanted to tell him was that he was an epic fail in the way he handled the entire demo from start to finish. When a potential customer challenges you, you don't get cocky and try to go word for word. You zip it and you be professional.

He was young, immature and tacky. I wouldn't have purchased one if he was polished however, a polished individual would not work for this company nor would they have behaved as he did... Which means this consumer complaint would have never been written. The quality of a company's employees directly reflect the quality of the company itself.

I wanted to say that I was skeptical at first as I am certain all people would be! I love the Rainbow system!! It is amazing as a cleaning system and keeps the air fresh in my home!! However, I wasn't sure if I would really get the money back for doing the "Go for it" program. I had nothing to lose, so I started booking the referrals. I followed the guidelines they gave me and had no issues on my program. I read all these reviews and find it really hard to believe that these people did not get the same treatment I did. I have had a great experience and got my checks yesterday in the mail!!! This is a great opportunity to earn one for free and I love my system. I had some really great and fun reps, now some were little better than others, but it was still entertaining! Thank you Rainbow.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.
  • Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.
  • Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.
  • Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.
  • Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.
  • Best for Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Compare Vacuum Cleaners