3.1/5 (706 ratings)

About Rainbow Vacuum

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I can't believe the negative reviews. This is one more proof not to rely on the reviews. It's just ridiculous that people base their reviews of the product on the customer service or some perks they were promised. Who cares about it? I have this vacuum from 1993, this is my second one. Nothing was wrong with the first one, I just exchange it for a newer model. Can someone tell me about any other vacuum that works for decades without any serious brakes? I needed "customer service" ONCE in all these years. The belt in the carpet cleaner attachment broke after 15 years (ha-ha). I research where is the Rainbow service office located, called, made an appointment, dropped it off, and picked it up when it was done. What is a big deal? People are making big deal out of everything.

I feel so sorry for most of those reviewers. Most of the time it's even hard to understand why they call it a scam. Because they didn't receive some perk, which they don't need and will not use anyway? Why not say anything about the vacuum? No other vacuums clean, look and work better than Rainbow. Regular vacuums with the bag clean a little first 10 min after you put a new bag in and break on average every 3-5 years. This awful smell when you clean with a regular vacuum, is the smell of the dust going from the vacuum into the air. And they think they are cleaning. What a joke! I love my Rainbow vacuum! I am sooo glad I found out about it and bought it so many years ago. It still looks great and works perfectly!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I have had my Rainbow cleaning system for a year now. I love it! I wish I had known about it sooner. Both my boys have allergies and my oldest has asthma. Since using the machine he no longer needs puffers. Anytime they start sneezing they know that either their mattress needs to be cleaned or the machine needs to run on high for 30 minutes. They thank me all the time for getting the rainbow. My husband is a truck driver and was always complaining about a stuffy nose and headaches. We cleaned his mattress. Boy was it dirty we dumped the water 3 times. He has not had issues since. And he also knows to vacuum the mattress when he starts getting stuffy. This machine has cut my cleaning time in half.

We purchased the fresh air oil as well. It kills up to 99% of viruses. I decided to put it to the test in January when my oldest got the flu bug. He was throwing up and there was no way I wanted my other 2 kids to catch it. I put the oil in the machine, ran it on high for 30 minutes and they never caught it. I could go on and on. I do not understand how anyone could give a bad review.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I have had my Rainbow for about 10 years and I love it! I came to the website just to see what people are saying about it, and was very surprised from all the negative comments. This vacuum cleans extremely well and I have had zero issues with it. However, if you do not like to clean after cleaning, this may not be the product for you.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I love my Rainbow. It has realy made a huge difference in our air quality. We have the sanitizer and eucalyptus that we use when our household gets sick. The sanitizer is good for when we get guests over. Honestly my home is so much more cleaner. My water basin is clear water nowadays but when I first started cleaning the water was black and disgusting. I would urge anyone to at least sit through the srx showing and see what it's about. Our dealer did a fantastic job.

Original review: March 5, 2022

This is my 3rd Rainbow. 1st one bought in 1992, was sold used to a family member that used it for at least 20 years when we bought a newer one in 1998. That one was sold to a different family member that still uses it to this very day when we purchased our 3rd cleaner in 2006. We are still using it today. Any reviews that state a Rainbow does not clean are from people who unfortunately do not know how to use it.... period. It cleans and then you remove the dirt outside of your home forever. We recently removed carpets from our main room in the house that had been there since 2007... there was virtually no dirt under the carpet at all. This is unheard of with dust blowing units.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

Had a demonstration of this product in my home and of course, they say you can practically get this free by signing up 12 people and 2 sales out of those 12 of demonstrations. They say you have to purchase right now to get the price quoted. No research is allowed. Check the return policy. Next day I did research on reviews and to see what the return policy is and of course the item must be unused and in the same condition and must be in its original packaging. When I decided to buy, the sales rep took the original packaging, so if I wanted to return, I don't have the packaging. Also, how can you see if it works, unless you use it. I have no choice but to keep it, but will work hard to get those 12 demos and hopefully 2 people will purchase so I can get this free. Not sure if I'm 100% satisfied yet till I use it for a while, but I feel like during the sales process, there are some undertones of deception.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

There is no Actual customer service with this company. It's okay for someone to drive to Your house to sell it to you but not to service it. You drive wherever the nearest one is, for me an hour+. Not to mention, these little local "retailers" have to pay for the repairs themselves-meaning they are LESS LIKELY TO HELP YOU. Tired of the run around with this vacuum. You're better off getting the same exact thing for 1/3 the price off of Amazon or somewhere else. At least you might have real customer service and a Real company to help with repairs, if you need them later down the road. If you're thinking about getting one, or still in your 30-day trial, RUN AWAY WHILE YOU CAN. COMPLETE WASTE OF $3000+. COMPLETE.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We did not lose money, we lost time. We were told we won an air purifier from a drawing at the county fair back in Sept 2022. They said they would deliver it because their sales man was going to be in the area anyway. Then we get told he has to give us a short presentation on their product first. So we listen to his spiel for 2 hours trying to talk us into buying a huge vacuum we didn't need and couldn't afford. After he's done he tells us, "Oh the shipment was supposed to come in today and must have been running late." "We'll ship one to you." That NEVER happened!!!

Then we realized about 4 or 5 years ago we went through the same thing with this company. They lie and use deceptive practices!!!! 1) They lied and said we won an air purifier. 2) They lied and said they didn't have any in stock. 3) They lied and said they would ship one and never did. We want our air purifier we WON!!!! Not just the one from this year but the other one too. When we set and listen for that long of time we deserve what we were told we would get. Don't lie to people in order to get sales that you pressured unsuspecting people into. Don't lie and tell them they're getting something free. The guy even had me post something on facebook that we were getting that air purifier just to con my friends into their gimmick!!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I thought this was a good way to get me a vacuum, but oh boy was I wrong, I feel the dealer was pushy, and didn't explain things to me, nor did I get a full demo, in the end, had every reason to make none of my demos qualified, so I'm stuck paying for a vacuum, that if I had knew what I know, wouldn't do it, the dealer was no help. Never could get anyone to answer me back, upset customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Beware. SCAM. We had Emily as our rep and she was great but after we signed and got machine no one calls you when it breaks. The book and ride is a scam. You won't see a penny. They send Yvette who is ** to your home and they lie so you won't qualify for the shows you do. Please don't buy this. Not worth it. I have money to pay it off and won't let anyone in My families' homes. Run fast. Beware. Scam

Rainbow Vacuum author review by Sandy Baker

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information