2.88/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

344 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Purchased the rainbow 12/22. We were very impressed with the Rainbow the 1st few days, but by the 10th business day we realized the machine was not for our family and reached out to the distributor (1/6). For a 4k machine you would think they would stand behind the quality (they do not). You only have three days to return it. (The distributor did not disclose that.) And the contract you sign with the finance company does not state that it is also the contract with the seller. Do your research before purchasing Their score on BBB is an F (we now know why).

The free air purifier is currently viral on Facebook. They only speak to homeowners (not renters), and mostly only visit two-income families. It is well worth the money to avoid the sells pitch to just go purchase an air purifier elsewhere (forget the freebie, it's just to get in your door). The fact is that the machine does not perform the way the distributor said (worse part, the water smells terrible if you don't dump it immediately. He said it would not smell). 22 days later our filters are just as dusty as they were before (after he said we would see less dust). He stated that the Rainbow acts as a humidifier, air purifier, and a deodorizer, but the fact is that is just not true. The rainbow has the POTENTIAL to do those things, but it is not guaranteed. He also stated that the air purifier was "medical grade" (our daughter's allergies tell another story).

My husband actually spoke to the owner (Keith) that stated: "While the Rainbow might not be the BEST vacuum, it is greater than most." (We were told is was the best.) We were 100% deceived. The distributor we worked with was Mike **. Bottom line is: They do NOT stand behind their product and they lie in order to push their product. They are the "new Kirby guys." Buyers beware.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The Rainbow vacuum is a great product, over priced but great product. It needs to come with more attachments and a long reach extension for the money they ask. The only way to buy one is outright, demand a new one out of still in the new box, inspect it and then pay for it. Shannon was the gentleman who sold us ours. He presents the product well, he is only concerned with the sale, has no follow up and flat out misleads you. If you are in the market check online. There is one made in Canada for half the price. Looks just as good. Search out Sirena vacuum, Quantum vacuum, or just search Rainbow vacuum competition. Best of luck!

Get expert buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was at a home show in Spokane WA and I filled out a free Rainbow Rainmate II air cleaner giveaway paper. A few weeks later I got a call from the saleswomen named Rhonda saying I won. She said she would come to my house to drop off the air cleaner and demonstrate the product. We agreed on a date and time and the last minute she texted me to cancel but would get back with me. She never did get back with me. This company isn't trustworthy and they play a con on you. Do not buy anything from them, run and run away fast from them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

There is no other vacuum that can clean better than the Rainbow Vacuum. I do not care about the weight of the machine or the time it takes to set it up. After using the air filter to add in a nice scent to my home then vacuuming, I am always so happy to empty out that canister of the filth that I have removed from my home and am amazed that all that filth was in my space. My husband and I live with 4 dogs and all those feet can track in a lot of dirt and deposit dander and fur far and wide. No one would know a dog is in my house after I clean. Best money I ever spent on an appliance. It cleans pillows, mattresses, dog beds, walls, floors: tile and carpet and I use it to clean my car. There is not a surface in my home that has not been cleaned with my Rainbow Vacuum.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This vacuum is an inconvenience if you make a small mess because you have to fill it with water when you start and dispose the water every time. Then you have to wash the container every time. Not worth 3000 dollars. Cheaper would be better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

If you're gonna get it pay for outright. Don't do the "great/easy program". It's a great machine to have, but too bulky, too heavy & not convenient, you can get many other great machines for way LOWER price. Back to what I was saying about the program, don't do it! There are so many hoops you have to jump through to get it for so called free but it's really not free in the end. You'll be paying about $300. None of the workers actually know what the contract says about what is eligible and what is not.

No matter how many shows you do, there will always be something wrong with one of the shows that you did so that they can keep using you. By no means am I saying that you cannot complete the program, because you can but in the end you will be setting your friends up for the same mess you just had to do with. The machine is not worth $3000 nor worth the time and hardship you have to go through to get it for the $300. Just don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought my Rainbow Vacuum a couple months ago and I could not be happier with it. Yes I agree that the price is a little high, however, I could not put a price on my health and the health of my family, it has done exactly what it said it would do. It cleans my hardwood floors until there is nothing left, it cleans carpet, tile. I vacuum my mattress once a month with it, I clean the air. I have 9 people living in my house and we have to vacuum a lot, it is always does the job. I love the fact that I can take it apart and clean it. I’m not putting dirt and dust back into my house, once I’m done cleaning and cleaning my rainbow, the next time I clean there is nothing coming out of my vacuum to be put back into the air, there is no bad smell. I don't dust anymore because there is no dust in my house from the vacuum.

I am disappointed to see the negative comments, I would think most people would be happy to have and own a product that does what it says it will do, made in America and last 20 years or more. I know people who have passed their Rainbow down to other family members and it is still going strong. The reason the Rainbow company still does door to door salesman is because that is the best way for you the consumer to see the vacuum in action and people able to touch it and use it for yourself before you buy it. This product helps with my allergies and makes my house look and smell amazing. Thank you Rainbow.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I’ve had five Rainbows. They all still work. The reason I have so many is because I just wanted a newer model. I gave one to my mother who uses hers on a daily basis. I also gave two to friends and they love using it also. They work very well and last forever. In my opinion it is worth it if you have the money to spend.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had a rep come to my home who was a nice young lady who informed me on Facebook that she was just trying to get her machine for free and needed a couple more people to view the product to get hers free. I agreed to help her but informed her by phone that I would not be purchasing anything. She assured me that wasn't a problem with her so we made the appointment. Now to set the stage for you, I grew up with a Rainbow, my mother has had the same one for about 35 years now and still uses it to this day. I actually thought the company had gone out of business because there were no ads for them and I never saw one at a store. Plus without repeat customers how could they stay in business?

So the day came for our demo my husband was active duty Navy and he was 5 days from being out of the service. Also meaning we were 5 days from moving. With a 16 month old baby, I only worked Part-time. We owned a Kirby because it was supposed to be the best money could buy. We financed that and still owed about $1800 on it. Clearly we were in no shape to be purchasing anything. We even pinky swore to each other before she arrived that we would say no if the other started to falter and say yes to buying. Just to prevent a desire to purchase I vacuumed my home 20 minutes before she arrived. Grinning like an obnoxious kid saying, "She not pulling any dirt out of my floor 'cause I have a Kirby."

We greeted her at the door and reiterated that I would love to see what a new model looked like but would NOT be purchasing ANYTHING! Again she smiled and assured me that was ok. My home was completely void of any furniture due to the move and I figured this would be a great way to get my floors cleaned for free before our final inspection. Less than 5 minutes into her demo she informed me that I too could have a free one if I would like to participate in a company program so I was a little intrigued by the idea. I loved that the new one was also a certified air cleaner because I have terrible allergies plus 2 dogs. She then did a small test on the floor of vacuuming and when she showed me what she got out of my freshly Kirby vacuumed floor, my eyes almost popped out of my head. It looked like a fancy restaurant appetizer with multi-layered parts but instead of food it was filth.

I began to recall the Kirby demo we had several years prior and how they had dumped baking soda onto my carpet and let me smear it in with my crappy Walmart vacuum before they "pulled it all out" with the Kirby. At the time that was a big selling point for how good the machine worked. I asked our Rainbow Rep to kindly vacuum that same area of my hall as well. To my shock, awe, horror and disgust she pulled almost half a box of baking soda out of my carpet. I knew in that moment we had purchased an extremely overpriced paperweight because my God our Kirby's heavy.

Needless to say I was sold. I also did the program and got all my money back on my machine plus made money and got prizes along the way. Even if I hadn't gotten my money back the machine has paid for itself in the last 7 years 10 times over. I've picked up pee, vomit, milk, poop, paint, glass, shoe polish, blood, spaghetti and meatballs and more. I dare you to do that with a regular vacuum. I like my Tempur-Pedic mattress, I appreciate my Prius but I LOVE my Rainbow!!! Eco-friendly, house smells great, no more allergies and does what I paid for everytime I need it. My warning would be to get it from the Rainbow distributor because that's way too much money to risk on a 3rd party online. Would you seriously buy a car without a test drive or taking a peek under the hood? Think about it, If the machine really isn't stolen and there is really nothing wrong with it why would someone sell it for half of what it's worth online???

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The salesman, John ** was great! He took the time to show me everything this vacuum can do. I Love my Rainbow! I don’t even mind cleaning now because it does so much to make it easier. Thanks John!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had a Kirby. Loved it. Now own a Dyson and we Love it. I'm always cleaning the filter and canister. My Dyson picks up a lot. Believe me. I seen The Rainbow, it's bulky And way too expensive not to include all the attachments. $3000 is way too much money for just the vacuum. The attachments are another $1000... I'm Not impressed. And the salesmen was annoyed when we turned down the sale. I asked that if he goes to 6 demos that vacuum is used 6 times until it's sold...left at someone's home. He said no he brings a new one each time. Lol. Liar. The box is mangled. If you are being left a demo of anything in your home after the demo...you're being sold a demo. There's no way Rainbow salespeople bring a new vacuum every time to demos. You are not getting new one for $3000. You're getting the demo. He left mad. Oh well.

My Dyson works fine and so does my Swiffer WetJet. And Zerorez can still come yearly, they clean my entire carpeted house yearly for $109. I'm fine the way I am. No one's home is sterile free. No to many negative comments. Always read all the comments. And the price is ridiculous. Google Rainbow vacuum systems. You can buy them cheaper. Do your research before wasting thousands of dollars on anything.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My ex and I bought the Rainbow D2 in 1983 (I got it in the divorce). I used it for getting rid of stains in the carpet to general cleaning the house. I also used it to clean the air in my house. I never got it serviced and up until a week ago, it was amazing. I had it for 35 yrs and it finally died. The money spent 35 yrs ago ($1200.00) was well worth every penny. I wish I could afford another one, but I guess I'm going to have to go to some crappy bag or bagless vacuum.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

First things first, we did not purchase the product as we were not dumb enough to be manipulated by these salesmen who think themselves as clever, and it's so easy to see through this multi-marketing pyramid scheme. This whole thing started when my father's coworker asked my dad if he can demo this product and as a token of appreciation give us a 3 day 2 night trip. My dad reluctantly agreed since they worked together.

On the day of the demo, my dad's coworker came with a salesman, super loud and obnoxious. I was upstairs while my parents were talking to them downstairs. Out of curiosity I eavesdropped to see what their deal is for a couple minutes, and within those couple minutes I knew that this is probably some pyramid scheme they're trying to sell to my parents. Out of courtesy, my parents sat through the presentation politely. One thing however is, my mom was definitely impressed with the vacuum, the functionality seemed to be there. Towards the end, the salesmen gave my parents a quote of $2899 after discount and even offered my mother a 'job'.

I'm sorry, do you think we're stupid? This vacuum is nowhere worth that price, and trust me there's vacuums out there with very similar functionality at 1/4 of the price. These monthly payments are scams, and based on all the previous reviews it seems that the interest rate is ridiculously high. I don't even know how people can fall for this kind of stuff to be honest, their sales tactic is straight out the textbook pyramid scheme, calling their boss right in front of you to get a discount or to offer you a job. It's quite insulting that they thought we were that stupid to even consider buying the product.

The vacation card they gave us at the end also looks really sketchy, no validation anywhere, just a card with a picture of some beach in the Caribbean with a tiny tiny print at the bottom that says 'Offer subject to change or withdraw at any time without notice', a mailing address and that's about it. I honestly don't care how good the product is, the process is sketchy, obnoxious and hence makes the product unappealing because you'll wonder just how many hidden fees will be accompanied with it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

They came to my house. We had a lot of fun. Demo left me saying why haven't we been using water as a filter all along. I did the program and earned my Rainbow for free. 100% USA made! No regrets! The difference in our home is huge. Allergies... What allergies? For those of us allergic to dust... HUGE difference. I don't have to dust near as often. My carpet is softer. MULTIPLE uses for the Rainbow. Well worth the money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Yes you do have to clean and take care of it but why spend the money on something if you are going to trash it? We use our Rainbow vacuum everyday and I am pleased with how well it cleans our beds, carpets and furniture. My husband and children have asthma and allergies to dust. We previously had a HEPA dry vac, I was reluctant to get rid of our over $2500 vacuum so the sales rep said she has one she can trade in for me so could keep both vacuums. All in all I am pleased and pleasantly surprised by our new Rainbow vacuum and haven’t wanted to go back to our old one. I like that we can make a higher payment to pay off faster. All the attachments work well, we live in a condo and can smell the fragrances throughout our home. I’ve already got 8 people to demo but we only need 5 for the pot set.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

People works hard for their money. Don't let someone steal it. Why pay Rainbow for 3000 dollars when you can get one with only 1/5 of the price and even better quality? Google Sirena, you will be amazed how well this Sirena vacuum is made. One of the Rainbow sales came to my door, tried to push me to purchase. I refused. Imagine what $3000 can buy, do you wanna spend it on something only worth $300? The sales told me that the motor and Circuit board is only cost $200 to replace 'cause I asked what happens when warranty expires. She did not even realize it, she just told me how much this thing is really cost. Motor and PCB should be the most expensive part of a vacuum, and it only cost $200, retail price. You can figure it now. Keep your hard working money safe, spend it on something worth it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had someone come to my house and demonstrate a Rainbow Vacuum air purifier. I thought it was a great product. After having a product for a couple of months I realized this product does not do what it says it is supposed to do. I clean it like I'm supposed to and I'm very unsatisfied with it. I run it 24/7. My return vent and I can't smell any of the fragrances throughout my house. I can't tell any difference in the air quality in my house. And their customer service is terrible. I had a guy call me back and tell me there's nothing they can do. He was sorry that I wasted his time. I will never purchase from Rainbow again and I hope you don't either. And one thing they don't tell you is that you have to take it apart and clean out all the gunk that gets built up in there.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I had a salesperson knock on my door and tell me that I can have one room cleaned free of charge if I just allow them to do a demonstration. An hour and half later I still did not have a cleaned room and I had to threaten to call the cops to get her out of my house! She sat on my floor and kept pushing this $2500 vacuum on me and each time I explained I not only wouldn't spend that kind of money but I also don't have it, she would drop the price and spend 20 more minutes trying to convince me that I had to have it! Her last ditch effort was when she told me she needed to sell one more in order to win this trip to the Caribbean and how she and her husband never got a Honeymoon and she was going to do me a favor and finance it for me and my monthly payments would only be around $60 a month and only for 5 years!

I kept asking her to please clean my carpet in the living room and leave her card and I would consider it. She insisted she COULDN'T LEAVE UNTIL I BOUGHT THE MACHINE because SHE WAS PROTECTING ME against someone else selling it to me for full price at $2500 and she jumped through hoops TO DO ME A FAVOR by getting all these discounts and because she just wanted to win the vacation. She wasn't going to get commission on it! After almost 2 hours of this I finally had to be mean, which is outside my comfort zone and literally pick her stuff up and put it outside because she wouldn't leave. When she just stood there, I told her I was calling the cops. Not only is this one of the most stressful situations but it was also very scary!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

BAD EXPERIENCE/NOT HAPPY WITH PRODUCT: Does anyone know what will show on your credit report if you have not made the first payment on the vacuum, and were not able to complete the "knock it out" program to get it for free?? I cannot get an answer at the Rainbow Store here...and no reps will help me.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I love the vacuum cleaner and one of my favorite things is the trade in value it holds. When I looked for a new one just to upgrade the machine they gave me 800.00 credit towards the new one and I got the shampooer free and a clean air machine. I thought that was a great deal. I use my Rainbow for everything, sucking cold ashes out of my wood stove, blowing leaves off the deck. I clean my cars with it. It's like my shop vac without all the filters to clean and I like that it is American made too.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Just got my Rainbow yesterday... I'm loving it!! Been cleaning all day with it today and already smell the difference in my home. I have an English bulldog and three teenagers but you'd never know it now. My son and I both have allergies and asthma and this is already helping just by using the free RainMate that we got at night. Plus I got one for my son's room.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We actually love our Rainbow. We have told many people around us about it and regardless of them willing to do a show, suggested they check it out on their own. Unfortunately, I will no longer be advocating for this company. When we agreed to do the showing for a friend and got our own Rainbow, we were told, like everyone else, we had to do 12 showings and two people had to keep the Rainbow. We were also told that the reimbursement check would be available to us 8 weeks after completing the program. We are currently at week 10 and no one has communicated to us about the completion of the program or the reimbursement for the product. I finally reached out via email and after several days received an email saying they outsource the approvals and have no way to know where they are in the process.

I then call my local Rainbow office and speak to a rep who attempted to be helpful, but really just shared the same information, "I can't help you because I just don't know..." I explained to the rep that while I understood they outsourced the approvals, the commitment came from Rainbow to get us the reimbursement. She reiterated that there was nothing she could do. I have now found myself with no recourse or resource for help. With each month that passes and each payment I make to the finance company, the interest at 27% is costing me even though they sell it to you explaining it will "pay for itself" when you complete the demos. I would be cautious if you choose to participate in the program. There are A LOT of requirements they don't explain clearly and expect that you will overlook at the time of purchase. I have gone from a Rainbow advocate to cautioning everyone who gets involved with this company.

SIDE NOTE: They also told me that only two of my three sales counted because one of them was not financed at 100%. I asked the rep how I could have possibly known that and she explained that they cannot share that information with the referring party. I said, "But had I only sold two, I could have done a 13th or 14th showing to try to get another sale, but I was under the impression that the sale counted, since they were told the financing went through and they could keep their new Rainbow. I asked AGAIN, "How could I have known that it wasn't financed at 100%?" She said, "You would have had to ask your friend that." Again, I would be VERY cautious about doing business with this company. They have defined methods/wording for avoiding the realities of the program and they mislead those who are interested by making it seem much easier and clearer than it actually is.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The Rainbow is great really. However, we entered the program and sold like 7 out of the 12 demos we did. 7! Unfortunately, the fine print stated we HAD to have only 4 renters for the demos. The rest had to be homeowners. So, even with our 7 sold. We didnt not qualify for completing the program. They waited 2 months, until yesterday, to tell us this info. Now, we have 1 week to find 1 more demo, who fits their demographics. Even if they buy the vacuum it won't count towards our program unless they fit into the specifications.

This is so misleading in many ways. We did do a 13th show literally last night. Hoping to finish the 12th qualifying show. Today we get an email from the Rainbow company stating the county records are not updated. And because the homeowner recently purchased the home in June it does not reflect their name, it just says it was sold but not to whom.

I had no plans to ask all my friends whether they own their home and show proof. If I would have know this I would have opted out. They are worse than pushy salesman 'cause at least you dont get ripped in and do all the hard work taking them to all your friends' houses and in the end having to foot the bill for a very expensive vacuum.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I recently won a RainMate in a drawing and the salesman called to tell me I won and he wanted to bring the unit to my house. He ended up bringing a Rainbow vacuum and asked to demonstrate it for me. He and the girl were super nice! I went ahead and sat through the demonstration and it seemed like a really nice unit. 3 hours later I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I put a $100 down and financed the rest at about $2800. That was on a Thursday night.

I used it Friday and really liked it but I was having 2nd thoughts about this big purchase. We don't even have a house right now. I am living in an RV. For that reason and a few others I decided to call him back on Monday, after reading the return policy which gives you 3 business days to return the product and get your refund. He said no problem and I ended up bringing him the paperwork and the vacuum and all the accessories, he happily gave me my $100 deposit back and I signed the tract to cancel the deal. No muss, no fuss. The salesman Jerrad was very polite and didn't ask any questions. What great customer service! I told him we would be contacting him again as soon as our house was built.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I first owned a D2 model, which worked well, however the humid air went up through the motor and after 10 years we chose to replace it with the D3, which was the first to have the air exhaust outside the motor. My first wife introduced me to the Rainbow, I was skeptical, but was pleased with the performance. I started selling Rainbows. When my first wife died and someone else had to have her vacuum I didn't have the money to replace it so I used the best I could afford.

After marrying my current wife I bought a Rainbow, and she was very skeptical. When my stepson from my first wife called me to find out how he had asthma all his life and never had a serious attack I advised him of the Rainbow we used. He remembered using it and hated the water. He then went out and bought one. The cost. I have had one Rainbow for 22 years now and have done a total of $250 service and replacement, even a total rebuild because it was left on dirty water for over a month.

My youngest son was persuaded by a Kirby salesman that the Kirby is better. He bought one, and three Sharks and a couple of off brands. Total cost over the years does not compare to replacing vacuums, bags, etc. Not to mention the tools that clean every nook and cranny of the house. We live next to Three farms, a 2200 square foot house with 1 cat and 2 dogs that shed and we dust every two weeks, vacuum weekly.

We had our granddaughter clean our house and she used her Shark. We had to dust w/in 2 hours after she left. Sharks are an excellent vacuum. Multi-floor homes make it hard to handle (My 1st wife and I had a four floor home, we only vacuumed each floor once a month, remember the son that had asthma?), and it does require maintenance of cleaning separator (we didn't do it every time) and taking all of the ** in our house to the trash and flushing the micro stuff down the drain. Our house always has a good clean smell, and especially after vacuuming. It smell like it just rained inside. Not for everyone, but OCD's should love it over time.

Original review: July 2, 2018

First, we agree to do this show, ok whatever. The sales girl had pretty much just began, and is going through an obviously "rehearsed" description, and experiences. After the show, we agreed to buy it, doing the other shows to pay it off. I have Asthma, my kids have allergies, so I thought, "If this helps everyone, then awesome". Before I signed the contract, I asked several questions. One was, "what if we can't get enough people to do the shows?". Also, "what if the two people don't buy it?". We were told that if we meet half of the program, they would help and give us the first part of the money, and we would have to pay the balance.

Secondly, they said, "Don't worry about selling the two required. That's OUR job. ALL you have to do is get the shows". So, we've met the first half part, can't get enough people to agree to do the shows, which was a spoken concern at the beginning. I've emailed the customer service people, and the guy literally had no answer for me, other than, "the contract says...", And adds, "nothing 'special' was written in the contract about the first half being paid".

Also, they state that they will 'extend' the program, but we will need to add one more show. I've asked several times, how I'm going to do MORE shows, if no one else will agree to do the ones to meet the original 'contract'? I've gotten ugly at this point, because they treat you like you are lying to them, and are cheating them. I've explained that I am in no way asking for it to be paid off, just to get the part that we were told we would, and worked for.

They won't even email me back now, I'm assuming because I continue to insist on a common sense answer. I've spoke to several other people, who were also told that they would get the first half of the money if they completed that part. Also, one friend completed all 12 shows, no one bought one, so they won't give her the money, because they didn't get any sells. Even though they tell you that it's "their job" to make the sell.

I would NEVER do business with these crooks ever again. When I advised that we couldn't get anyone else to do the shows, they stated we needed to offer another vacation, and gave me a spiel on what to say to get them to do the show. I advised that we have offered vacations and even to buy food for them, but we still get a "no", and I told them that I would not continue to harass friends/family over this. They made it seem like it was ridiculous and I was lying that I considered that harassment.

We were so excited to get this, and now I wish we wouldn't have even agreed to do the show. Please consider your purchase heavily if you decide to get this, and be prepared to pay for it all. This is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. The people on this giving it 5 stars, sounds like they work for the company. Some of them state the exact same thing that we were told in our show. Worst financial/time decision ever.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Many here are confusing the three different aspects to a Rainbow vacuum. The Rainbow Vacuum Itself - A wonderfully engineered, powerful, easy-to-use vacuum cleaner that is better than 90% of other vacuums at cleaning the air it sucks in before it blows it back into your room. The vacuum, however, is not for everyone. It requires basic maintenance EVERY TIME you use it, which, many people will not take the time to do. If it is maintained and care for properly, it will provide many, many years of excellent service. Is it worth $3,000? No way. Buy one on eBay, Craigslist, or FB Marketplace, take it to a shop and have them service it, and you've paid half the price for a tremendous machine, avoiding the rigmarole of an in-house salesman.

Rexair - the manufacturer. Rexair sells only by door-to-door sales and has been for many decades. This is an antiquated, poor business choice in the internet age. Direct sales needs to go the way of the dinosaur. But, Rexair, as a company, is an American company that builds American machines. And they stand by their well-made equipment, as they have for nearly 100 years. They are not to be confused with number 3.

The Individual Distributors. These companies are who Rexair sells their machines to be sold door to door. And, unfortunately, this is where so many here have issue. Yes, there are some distributor companies who are legit, who focus on their customers, and have great reputations. Unfortunately, there are others. Others who will stop at literally nothing to con, scam, pressure, and manipulate you into paying a ridiculous price for an otherwise good product. These individual distributors are the ones who give Rexair and the Rainbow Vacuum a bad name. Would I recommend a Rainbow vacuum to a friend? Absolutely. I love my Rainbow and love using it. Would I let a salesman in my home in 2018? No way.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Long story short my husband and I did a home showing of the rainbow vacuum in 2016. We liked the vacuum and told them the payments was too high and the price we were told they would reduce the price and payment and give us two months free. After a few days of using it we figured it was too heavy to take up and down stairs and called them to get it. Landmark refuses to stop asking for payments for the vacuum and has damaged or credit.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I’ve had my Rainbow machine nine years and it is the best unit out there. The representative had me vacuum my carpet with my Oreck vacuum which I had high confidence and used weekly. Then, she used the Rainbow and I was embarrassed to see the dirt, hair and grime that was in the water, and the odor was horrible. I purchased the Rainbow and it has kept my off-white carpet clean, and extended the life of my carpet. The naysayers are all wrong about this product and hopefully will catch up with the truth about the Rainbow.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Well, I thought the Rainbow was going to be a good idea. Seems good with lots of great things to offer for my declining health. Only to discover that this has many downfalls. Vacuuming is almost impossible with vacuuming with water. As you pull the hose water spills everywhere and then gets stuck on the cord. Throw the dirty water down the toilet she tells me yes then I'm hiring a plumber to come and fix my Plumbing because everything backed up in my basement. Bad choice obviously. Water spills and I have laminate flooring. Now I have bubbles in my flooring from the water. Try carrying that thing up and down the stairs. As I already said I have health issues. It's already challenging to vacuum. Nevermind carry a big heavy thing with water in it. I feel like it's one of my worst purchases I've ever made. Would never recommend. I totally wish I could send it back.

Rainbow Vacuum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

• Best for: Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs