2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (297 ratings)

About Rainbow Vacuum

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Rainbow is amazing. The only downfall is the price. It cleans awesome and the filth in the water is shocking.. They do such a great job. If you have children and or animals they are a must. You will never regret buying one. They last forever.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Rainbow Vacuum is the best on the Market. It picks up dust and is easy to use. I have purchased 2 in the last 20 years, they last a very long time. A nurse suggested to purchase one and I did and I am very happy with my decision.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I has a demo done and when Shawn showed me all the mess my vacuum cleaner did not pick up I was grossed out!! I bought it and absolutely love it!! For one, I have a bad back and the vacuum is easy to use with no back strain! Secondly, the purifier on the vacuum and the small one (that was a gift!) have helped me tremendously in the few days I have had it. I have COPD and a husband that has sleep apnea... I am having deeper sleep and less use of inhalers and he is snoring less and not tossing and turning as much! Shawn is a great rep and very thorough on how everything works and its benefits! She has so much energy and love of the product it makes you excited and want to buy it!!! This thing is worth every penny I will spend!! Thank you Shawn!!!

Original review: May 1, 2021

We purchased our Rainbow D4 vacuum cleaner in 1994 and we are still use it now in April 2021. The only replacement is the hose with the switch on and that’s pretty good when a modern UK vacuum only lasts about five years. So yes I am well pleased with our £1500 vacuum cleaner, and we also have some kitchen pans purchased at the same time and they are like new. Great product. Regards Nev ** May 1st 2021.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Breathe better and sleeping better within one night. I noticed a change in air quality! It is fantastic! Especially with myself having asthma and having a dog in the home. I am beyond glad to have ventured out to see what the Rainbow can do! Better health!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Trying to return it and they won’t let me. I have been calling them for months now and no one would get back to me. Well today I find the head office number and they tell me I can’t return it because it’s over the 10 days. I was not made aware that there is only 10 days to return it and being told I should of read the paper. Well thinking a friend is the one who did the demo they would of told me about it. He filled out the paperwork and made my boyfriend a co-signer when he didn’t want to be and we felt forced into buying it because he wouldn’t leave us alone about it when he said no and made it seem like it would easy to sell the vacuum.

Well it’s not and none of my friends or family want to spend money on an expensive vacuum. I’ve been calling them and lend care for months and they won’t let me return the vacuum and threatening me saying the police will be involved because I am stealing it … How am I stealing it when I’ve been calling for months wanting to return the stupid thing?

They are only in it for the money. I keep telling them I am not working at the moment due to Covid and now being due to have a baby soon and They keep telling me I can do the referral program again. I don’t want to. Just want to bring it to wherever I can and wipe my hands clean of this hell. I thought it was going to be a demo to the small air purifier but it wasn’t. It was the overly priced vacuum.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I purchased this vacuum a few months ago. I got sucked into the whole presentation and liked what I saw. Now that I've used it on my floors I am completely dissatisfied. I have to vacuum the hardwood floors 3 times to get everything up. For the price I paid, it should be done on the first pass. I also don't think I should have to troubleshoot and self repair something that I've only used 4-5 times. I have tried repeatedly to return this monstrosity and was told that it's not going to happen. I called the "customer service" number and it's for the manufacturer. They don't help the consumer. Do not buy this product. Their sales people are shady as are their sales tactics.

Original review: July 31, 2021

My mom has had this vacuum for 25 years. Every now and then needs a good cleaning but other than that it’s an amazing product. Still does an amazing job cleaning the air in whatever room you vacuum in. It instantly feels fresh and cleansed.

Original review: July 25, 2021

My husband and I purchased the newest model of Rainbow vacuum after buying our first home in 2021. I was THRILLED with it the first few days, but quickly realized I still had to use my mop and carpet shampooer, unless I earned or purchased the extra accessories to make my Rainbow do so. It is very convenient for vacuuming hardwood floors, and makes my house smell great, we can tell a difference in the air.

But.. not even 30 days in I was emptying the bowl and dropped it. It cracked and was unusable. I contacted my "coach" for the program to see about a replacement to find out like many other buyers have stated "it's not covered under warranty." I understand a warranty is not insurance, and the bowls may be "built tough" but as a customer paying almost 4,000$ for something that broke so easily, I expected much better customer service. Then, once I expressed my frustrations about the product to my coach, and explained I was having no luck with my program, she continually blamed me, made excuses, and then used the contacts they received through my personal Facebook page, without giving me credit or even telling me. I would still recommend the product but they need to tell people the truth about how the program and warranty works first.

Original review: July 12, 2021

This vacuum works well, but... they sell fragrance because it smells so terrible. It's awful. The pricing is not consistent. If your credit score is low you will pay more. Do yourself a huge favor. Buy a Dyson and a Roomba.

Rainbow Vacuum author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information