3.1/5 (698 ratings)

About Rainbow Vacuum

Rainbow Vacuum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I have had my Rainbow cleaning system for a year now. I love it! I wish I had known about it sooner. Both my boys have allergies and my oldest has asthma. Since using the machine he no longer needs puffers. Anytime they start sneezing they know that either their mattress needs to be cleaned or the machine needs to run on high for 30 minutes. They thank me all the time for getting the rainbow. My husband is a truck driver and was always complaining about a stuffy nose and headaches. We cleaned his mattress. Boy was it dirty we dumped the water 3 times. He has not had issues since. And he also knows to vacuum the mattress when he starts getting stuffy. This machine has cut my cleaning time in half.

We purchased the fresh air oil as well. It kills up to 99% of viruses. I decided to put it to the test in January when my oldest got the flu bug. He was throwing up and there was no way I wanted my other 2 kids to catch it. I put the oil in the machine, ran it on high for 30 minutes and they never caught it. I could go on and on. I do not understand how anyone could give a bad review.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I have had my Rainbow for about 10 years and I love it! I came to the website just to see what people are saying about it, and was very surprised from all the negative comments. This vacuum cleans extremely well and I have had zero issues with it. However, if you do not like to clean after cleaning, this may not be the product for you.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I love my Rainbow. It has realy made a huge difference in our air quality. We have the sanitizer and eucalyptus that we use when our household gets sick. The sanitizer is good for when we get guests over. Honestly my home is so much more cleaner. My water basin is clear water nowadays but when I first started cleaning the water was black and disgusting. I would urge anyone to at least sit through the srx showing and see what it's about. Our dealer did a fantastic job.

Original review: March 5, 2022

This is my 3rd Rainbow. 1st one bought in 1992, was sold used to a family member that used it for at least 20 years when we bought a newer one in 1998. That one was sold to a different family member that still uses it to this very day when we purchased our 3rd cleaner in 2006. We are still using it today. Any reviews that state a Rainbow does not clean are from people who unfortunately do not know how to use it.... period. It cleans and then you remove the dirt outside of your home forever. We recently removed carpets from our main room in the house that had been there since 2007... there was virtually no dirt under the carpet at all. This is unheard of with dust blowing units.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

In seeing what a Rainbow SRX Air purifier has done for our home not enough words to explain.

1. Reduced our utility bills.
    2. Saved us over 600.00 in plumbing bills.
    3. It cleans even when I don't.
    4. Pet hair gone.
    5. Dusting cut down to once every 3months vs every 2 wks.

6. We no longer have our cars detailed. We use our Rainbow SRX.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

It cleans perfectly the way I want. It also help my son not to get some allergy from dust. It is easy to use and manage to clean the house accurately. The complete set from wood to carpet also is a big help. The smell is good, like when you are cleaning, you cannot smell the dust.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

We purchased Rainbow vac purifying system about a yr ago ...It did the job for about a month then the light went out on sweeper head ...Called. No response. Several other things have went wrong ..I called rainbow direct and they pretty much told me I'm stuck with it ...I don't mind paying on something that works and stays working ....The salesman when sold it to me said, "I have to take your old vac." I said, "No. You're not in case I need it ...Why you want my old vac for," was my question. Said I'll never need another one. Well that's a bold face lie. I have bought the shark vacuum. Makes rainbow look sick. Not sure if I'm gonna have to pay forever in this so it doesn't God on credit report but disputing your credit report will probably work since so many people aren't satisfied with the product ...I don't know how these guys or gals who sell these sleep at night. Oh that's right they believe it really works shoes their IQ. They must not own one ..DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The Rainbow Vacuum is like a polished ** wrapped in a nice bow and presented to you while you sit on your couch. The representatives who present it will probably lie about the product to sell you on it. The representative who visited me said the system only used water to clean the air, yet the system relies on a HEPA filter after the water process that gets dirty and needs to be replaced regularly for the vacuum to maintain good working order. The vacuum starts off great but with normal usage you will see a great reduction in cleaning ability within the first few months of owning the product. Overall the system does what they say it does but only at a high efficiency for a short period of time, if you purchase this product you will be left high and dry with an overpriced paper weight.

My personal favorite is the claims for air purification when the system is ran on the low setting for prolonged periods of time. The low setting is a requirement because not only does the system sound like a jet engine is being fired up in your living room when it runs on the high setting, it also will make the system run extremely hot and if kept on for too long will overheat and cause damage to the system. The unit becomes extremely inefficient after the first few months of use to the point that running the system on low will no longer pass the air through the water but allow the air to flow directly into the HEPA filter further clogging the system up. Overall the system is a waste of money and you are much better off looking into other water based vacuum cleaning systems.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I got carried away with the referral program where you invite 15 families with at least 2 sales to qualify for $1650 credit. Should you fail to meet this requirement, you end up paying an interest rate of 24.9% per annum to finance it. This is outrageous, at the end of the day, you are stuck with paying almost $6,000 for a vacuum cleaner!!

I purchased mine in July and was encouraged to invite my families and friends that they would be given a free gift of a small air purifier after demonstration. None of my referrals got the free gift. Meanwhile, this was meant to be marketing strategy to invite people to buy. Aside all these, the vacuum makes a lot of noise, I can't use it while my landlord is at home. I feel so disappointed for plunging myself into this debt for 3 years, I wish I had read these reviews before buying. For this reason, I don't think will want to put any of my friend/family in this financial mess.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

08.27.22 Purchase Rainbow SRX Vacuum - with the free rainmaker for watching the demo. Somehow if you pick the low payment at $121.61 and pay the down payment of $195. doesn't equal $3,185. Plus, the reprehensive take your old vacuum, why? For what reason. I find the sound of the air purifier to be annoying on low setting. Ask for all Paperwork up front. Still waiting for the company to email paperwork. Buyer Beware.

Rainbow Vacuum author review by Sandy Baker

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Rainbow Vacuum Company Information