2.56/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Rainbow Vacuum

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

293 Rainbow Vacuum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

When it comes to the Rainbow, it has changed my life. The money I get to save due to the machine, plus the health benefit of it is absolutely amazing. No more allergy medicine, no more itching eyes or sneezing within my own home. Being certified by the asthma and allergy foundation is to me, far and beyond a qualified product. People can complain about a pushy salesman, the price or the programs that they have, but aside from maybe a bad experience, the product is amazing. Give Rainbow a fair and open chance to change your life.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

A lady came to our door advertising asking if we were interested in an air purification system. We have 2 large dogs, a toddler and I was pregnant with my 2nd child so we were very interested. She demonstrated how the Rainbow E series black worked by vacuuming our mattress, and having my husband use our vacuum on the carpet in a small area. After my husband vacuumed the area with at least 7 passes on the carpet, she went over the same area with the Rainbow. It pulled all kinds of dirt our vacuum left behind. She vacuumed the blinds, pictures, and even demonstrated the carpet cleaning attachment on a red punch stain on the carpet. It had been there for years, but the Rainbow pulled it right up. I didn't like that I couldn't negotiate the price, but we bought it anyway.

I have had it for 5 years now and it works great. We did some renovations in the house and the dust was unbearable. I turned the Rainbow on high, and after 3 hours the entire room over 300 sq ft. was free of dust. Even cleaning our dogs' room is easier since it picks up all the dog hair and since we can add fragrance to the water basin, it leaves the room smelling fresh with no trace of dog scent. When I think my children are getting sick, I can add the eucalyptus or the fresh air deodorizer to the water basin and let it run on low all day. It purified the air and helps eliminate germs that cause a cold. The eucalyptus scent is great for my sinuses.

I admit it is sort of heavy going upstairs, but the cord is so long, you can leave it below the stairs and still vacuum the whole staircase only moving it when you need to. Most times I just dump the water downstairs and refill it upstairs since the water makes it heavy. I like how I can fluff and refresh pillows with the bag that comes with it. If you refer them to other families, you will get a free attachment with every verified referral. I use a RainMate (a free gift) in 4 rooms to keep them smelling fresh. We were given the choice of a RainMate or a 3 day vacation. We chose the RainMate. I got 2 free, but I bought the other 2.

The Rainbow has a great warranty on parts as well. I've used the warranty to have it serviced for free and repair small things that broke from overuse. I vacuum every day, and I'm not so gentle with it every time. My only complaint over time is I wish Rainbow would make an upright. I still hate pulling the canister behind me. I bought this in 2013 and it's never lost suction.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My wife “won” a free color changing air purifier from the Phoenix home and garden show, so they called to set up a time to drop her “free” gift but she had to sit through a hour presentation on Rainbow vacuums. After reading reviews I was nope not this house not going to get a $5,000 sale on us. So when he came in he noticed I was a Purple Heart vet and tried to make a connection with the military. As a seasoned infantrymen I already had my mind set that we would not purchase one. So he came in and started his whole spill about this being the best thing since sliced bread.

When I asked if this was the best thing since sliced bread why doesn’t the military use it in their barracks or offices and he goes on with his spill that this is so good they don’t go after the military because they can’t get a military contract. Finally he tells me that it’s Scientific proven that this will clean my air, so I asked to see this “scientific”. He takes the rainbow out of the box and shows me a small square on the box.

Finally done hearing the spill I say, "Sir let me ask you this. If I spent 8 years in the infantry serving for a country I love and the army tried to get me to re-enlist and couldn’t get me to do, what are you going to do to convince me to purchase a rainbow vacuum.” That’s when he jumped up and packed up as fast as he came in with his used car salesmen attitude. Leaving my wife with this one question, he left her air purifier but didn’t explain Anything about it. She also kinda bummed y’all. Didn’t clean our carpet. Anyways the question she has is where can she purchase the oils for this free Air purifier that we received from you guys? Again thanks for the free gift. Sorry about embarrassing your salesmen.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My first Rainbow was purchased at a yard sale as an antique and still worked. A 1932 model. My wife and I bought our first when our son developed asthma. On our third one now made in the late 90's. Love it. No dust, no messy bags or filters. Must remember to remove top in order to protect motor. Empty regular and clean separator every third use and it will last a long time. However, the newer ones have been retooled due to patent loss or something. Not even close to the same machine. Too bad it was never sold in stores. Try the pawn shops and remember all motors can be rebuilt!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We purchased a Rainbow almost 2 years ago and, as of yet have been unable to assemble myself. My husband does the vacuuming now. I'm 72 and he's 74, a simple job has turned into an ordeal, therefore we're not cleaning as often as we should. I've been in the hospital with the horrible flu and he also has it so I'm trying to clean and disinfect before he gets home. I'm sweating so bad that I almost blacked out and no matter how much twisting and turning and trying to adjust, I can't get it together. If you can't make the machine user friendly, you should stop selling. It cleans well and disgusts me the crap that comes out but it doesn't do any good if I can't use it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

DO NOT BUY. Beware. Do not buy a Rainbow system. Salesman are extremely pushy, and will basically do anything to force you to buy this product. We have hardwood floors upstairs, the rainbow does not work on hardwood. I get more dirt sweeping with a regular broom than I do with the Rainbow Vacuum. My Dyson vacuum also worked better on carpet than this vacuum does, but when I purchased this they took my Dyson, so now we’re stuck. We tried to take the Rainbow back but they told us we didn’t want to take it back, and they would send someone out to show us how to use it. REALLY??? I know how to use a vacuum, and this one sucks. Please be better than me, save your money and your dignity, and don’t buy this product. I guarantee you won’t be satisfied. Guarantee it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I did the demo program with Rainbow, it was really simple, 12 demos in 6 months, 2 had to be A-line sales and I had to do the first 6 in the first 45 days of my purchase. I did the whole program in less than a month and got my $2800 reimbursement check, I even did a 13th demo which was a sale and got an extra $1000. There are guidelines to follow, which why wouldn't there be? They're giving you almost $10,000 worth of product for free, but as long as you read the paperwork and have a dealer who explains it very thoroughly to you there's nothing to fret. It's still super easy and possible to do.

I have several friends and see people on Facebook in my area who have also done the program and gotten their reimbursement check. I'm sure somewhere along the way there's been a few dealers who didn't thoroughly explain the program who maybe were just trying to get a sale or new and wasn't trained properly but like I said as long as you read the paperwork they give you you'll know all you need to know, and even then it's not difficult, they just don't want you taking them to crappy run-down houses or to people who finance stuff and don't pay their bills.

I love the program and I love that I was able to get such an amazing machine for free, it's truly changed our lives and even if I had to pay that $2800 for a Rainbow it's absolutely worth it. I live in Southern Alabama, I know out of 110 different countries that sell the Rainbow only 3 regions offer this program, Atlanta area, Pensacola, Fl., Mobile, Al.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The program explains you need 12 qualifying couples to show the product to in a 12 month period. If you complete the program in 90 days there are extra incentives. Part of the program is to sell at least 2 units and once completed if you show to a 13th customer and they purchase you received a bonus check. The unit cost $3290, with the trade of your old vacuum the unit is $2780. If you complete the program the unit is paid for with a check at the very end of the completed program.

With the completion of the 13th show and sale there is an additional $1360 check they will send. Here is the problem, the program has several problems within. They cannot keep up with the appointments so they put you on standby to keep them from having to give you the show since they couldn't meet the requirement. They tell you in the beginning all you have to do is make the appointments and be there during the shows but they fail to share if they keep placing you on standby that your clock's keep ticking.

They fail to tell you that if they decide to not use your qualifying show there is no dispute or customer service forum to prove your show was qualifying - it's your word against theirs or the salesman. The unit they sell travels from home to home until it is sold, so it is not a new unit nor is it a clean unit. They clean each home they walk into with that unit until it is sold but you pay the full price for it. If they tell you it's hassle free, don't believe it. They stay in your home on average for 3 to 5 hours practically begging you to take this machine and if you don't sarcasm begins. Free and gifts are used as the marketing strategy to get in. Once they got you, you are a nonfactor, it's on to the next.

You only talk to a salesperson who has no authority. Customer service only emails you. They never talk to you directly, but when it's time to pay for the unit they are quick to get you on the phone with the bank or finance company. I have shown 15 and sold 7. I am the only one I know to have completed the program but I have yet to receive my 13th check for $1360. The plan is to make you feel your house is so nasty yet homes are built every day without a single word regarding the dust and dirt we live around day in and day out. Be careful with this company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We got a phone call saying we won in a drawing a small air purifier. So the lady scheduled a appointment to come to our house and deliver it. I said, "I don't want to buy anything," she said, "All we ask is word of mouth. Tell your friends and family if you like the air purifier." I said, "Ok." Friday a man comes and showed us all about the big air purifier. "We didn't buy anything," I said. "Where is the free one?" Well how confident he didn't have one. I called the lady and asked about getting the free one. She said, "I will have that department call you." Never a call back of course. So anyway I think they lie and also used my time and because we didn't buy anything I guess that means we don't get a purifier that supposedly I won. I would never do business with them. As for word of mouth I definitely tell people not to buy anything from Rainbow.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

First off I want to say it works great on carpet but we plan on taking all the carpet out of the house and putting down hardwood floors. We told the sales guy this. He told us that the Rainbow works great on hardwood floors and you don't have to use a broom ever again. You won't have to worry about bending over and using the dustpan??? Yea right. So I go to clean a few days later and I use the long head like he recommended. It got all the dog hair up (I have 2 large dogs and 5 cats, we live in the country in a big house, along with 2 children) so I clean every day. But this was the 1st time I was trying the vacuum on the kitchen floor. It was a fail. I decided to go back and sweep to see what all it missed. I swept up all kinds of dirt and crumbs the kids and dropped in my floor.

So I call the sales guy and he tells me it's past my 3 days but it sounds like there is something wrong with my vacuum. He is coming out to "fix" the problem. It also doesn't clean beside the walls like they said it will. I have to pull the hose out to use it. I just want my bagless vacuum back. It is much lighter and with me having to vacuum every day with a husky in the house it is so much easier. So if you have a husky I don't recommend you get this vacuum cleaner or if you like to clean in your house shoes because you can't step on all the buttons to lift the product off the stands. This vacuum is also very heavy if you have more than one floor or a split level house.

When I said something about that they said, "Well you can always get another vacuum to put upstairs." I just laughed at the girl and said, "Yes I want to put a $3000 vacuum cleaner in the toy room bc I have an extra $3000 laying around." She then told me I could always sale the vacuum to get one free and I laughed again and told her that I don't even like people little off go to their house and talk to them for 3hrs at a time and sale them something I think is a POS. She was not happy with my response. I really just want to return the vacuum cleaner I haven't made any payments but they won't take it back at all and told me I was out of luck.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I attended a neighborhood street fair where I submitted an entry to a raffle for a free water fragrance machine. I should have known something was wrong when they asked if I owned my home. Two days after the fair I received a call stating I had won a machine and they wanted to schedule a time to drop off the machine and show me how to set it up. The woman stated they also wanted to show me the rainbow machine while they were at my home. I asked how long would it take and I was told an hour so I agreed. My mistake--I thought the "rainbow" was a fancier water scent machine.

The sales rep came, she appeared nice at first. She gave the free machine and demonstrated different scents. Once she was done she brought out the rainbow and at first she demonstrated it as a air purifier before she showed me it was a vacuum cleaner. I asked the price. I was told $3,000. I informed her a $3,000 vacuum was not in my budget. She tried to convince me I could earn enough money to pay for my machine. When I told her I don't like sales, she said they don't sale they demonstrate (lol!).

You know just people helping people. I told her we needed to wrap it because I had something to do, but she persisted. I told her if I wanted one I would just buy one on the secondary market from someone who regretted buying it. She stated that Rainbow would NOT repair the machine if I was not the original registered owner linked to the machine's Serial Number. So I just left her downstairs while I went upstairs to change clothes and do my hair. She finally got the hint and left.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had attended a craft show at a church. The guy talked me into entering for a free "new" rain air purifier. Said it was completely free. Called me later and said my name had been drawn out, and we had won the free air purifier. He set up a time with us to come "set it up." I told him multiple times we were not buying anything, he insisted it was free, won as a prize. Well he shows up with a freaking vacuum cleaner! Took 2.5 hours to present, we said no, offered free financing for 48 months, we said no, offered free attachments, we said no. Very difficult to get him to leave. We had kids hungry for dinner and needing to get in bed for school, he still wouldn't leave! And he demonstrated the "carpet cleaner" and left our carpet wet! Just beware if you see a contest for a free air purifier!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchase the Rainbow Vacuum on October 8, against that little voice in my head saying "No, don't do this." On October 22, I called the sales representative that persisted we needed this system in our home, and told her how I was unhappy with the air quality and suction. She said "You only get a 3 day return policy, you cannot return it now." I was dumbfounded. I went back to my contract. I reread it over and over again. Only 3 days to determine whether or not I like a machine that suppose to help clean my home better?!

I called the distribution center the next business day. The woman I spoke to was incredibly rude and told me I "had to deal with it now." This machine doesn't purify the air like it's advertised. The suction can't keep up with the amount of pet hair in my home. It has to be thoroughly cleaned in the middle of cleaning one room in my home. My old vacuum never gave me that trouble. It's very heavy. You don't get all of the attractments all at once. You have to do shows in order to get the other pieces. It has doubled my cleaning time, when I'd rather be spending time with my family. This has been the biggest mistake I have ever made.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Pushed to buy the Rainbow vacuum system. They promised to help us sell enough to pay for it through the go for it program. Left us high and dry, even after multiple calls to higher ups to try to solve the problem. Still did not get demos to try to sell more. Good system crappy representation.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I'm seeing a lot of complaints so I want to take time to share why we love our Rainbow!! We bought it in 2011 from a friend who signed up to sell to earn her own Rainbow for free. We had to take out a loan to pay for it, but we paid it off a few years later. It was a great investment and we use it daily with three small kids and a dog. Our dog did chew up some of the pieces (twice) so we had to replace those. Once we had the whole thing cleaned inside and out. It was perfect and like new. Nothing beats opening the water basin and seeing all the nasty dust, dirt, hair, etc. it collected!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I purchased this awesome machine nearly 2 years ago. My son has severe asthma and since I got this he hasn't had any breathing issues, his inhaler goes untouched, his nebulizer collects dust in the closet. I like that when I'm done I dump the water and rinse the bowl. I never have to worry about canisters and bags. I wasn't a fan of the scents, didn't really find them to work all that great. Also never received the free gift for referring 3 demos but whatever.

I purchased it through their financing department. I had a mix up with my bank and ended up missing a payment, the people called to make sure everything was OK and how long I'd need to make up the payment. Super helpful, understanding and the best part, it's technically a loan so every payment gets reported on my credit. So clean air and building up that score! I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It's not bulky or particularly heavy. It isn't any heavier than a traditional vacuum, it's not an upright so of course it's going to be slightly different to get upstairs but don't be a ** about it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have had a Rainbow since early 90s and although it is getting tired and parts are needing repair it still outperforms the Dyson I recently purchased. Yes the Rainbow is cumbersome and vacuuming is a chore and Dyson is easier, the claim wet dust can't fly is so true. It's gross to empty a dusty, dirty Dyson and still have dust all over the place. With the Rainbow you see the dirty water and it drains and you know your house is clean. Using attachments for surfaces or walls is terrific and a breeze. The hoses are easy to use and this is the best piece of equipment I have ever owned for my house. I will be taking it for service soon but hope to have it for a long time.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I will share my experience with Rainbow vacuum demonstration. So this goes back 6 years or so, my friend bought a Rainbow (crazy him) and like everyone know to get some free gadgets you have to give people's names for a demo. I accepted, the guy came to our just bought house, a old house from the 16 century which was abandoned for some years. We had done some work but there was still work needed. At the time we had a super old vacuum which was garbage but couldn't afford a new one at the moment. So the sale guy asked to see it and immediately took advantage of that, showed us how much dust our vacuum was letting out and how much it left around. We were shocked!!! Especially because my wife was 8 month pregnant. He started saying that this is unhealthy and that kids might have respiratory problems etc...

After about 1 hour of presentation he asked what we thought and we were impressed, so he started talking about prices and there again we were more than shocked!!! Having just bought a house, renovated part of it and knowing we still had to do work on it spending 3k+ on a vacuum was out of our budget. The salesman didn't want to hear it. He kept pressuring us how important air quality is and making us feel like we didn't care for ourself and our kids' health. So in a situation of not knowing what to do I called my mom and asked her opinion, she raised 4 kids and did a hell of a job she should know if this is a BS vacuum or not. She told me years earlier she was also introduced to something similar and she said "Yes it's good, but do you need it? How is your health? Do you have problems? No, you grew up with an old vacuum cleaner to clean your house and you're as healthy as you can be."

After hearing that I put my heart at peace and said NO. The guy wasn't too happy and kept insisting on ways to get it through credit/rates and we just stood by our NO. After a while he finally got it and left. Never have I had so much pressure on me to buy something... Why am I writing this review? Because our vacuum is dying and I decided to see how the super famous vacuums are doing. To my surprise they cost even more than they did 6 years ago, so I Googled to see what the big deal is, and after reading some comments I decided to leave this negative comment just for the fact that they pressure you into buying it making it seem like if you don't buy it you don't care for your family.

If we would have bought that vacuum cleaner that day we might have lost our house (no joke). Unfortunately the year after the presentation I had to accept a job which gave a much lower pay that I had at the moment, and I most likely would have had credit problems. I thank my mom for making me think thing through. If I was rich yes I would buy it because it is a great product, but the pressure to get yourself in debt for a VACUUM CLEANER is way too much! So if you are here looking to buy one listen to this. If you have the money and that 4k+ won't put you in a bad financial situation go for it, if you don't have the money let it go. It's not worth eating bread and water for 1 year for a vacuum cleaner.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

This is the worst program ever. It is very fake. And the employees are beyond horrible in Western NC. We were under the impression at our first show when we purchased no $ would be paid until our 12 shows were done. I trusted our dealer so I didn't read all the fine print which I guess that's on me. We were told no $ until 180 days and nobody told us about the finance charge. Or half the qualifications of the shows. Or I would have never done or signed up for any of this. We were lied to! Just to make a sale! Then one of their reps Joy came out treated me and my family member horribly at a show. She got furious when they chose not to buy. Pulled me aside and trash talked my family for not buying.

So now for being too trustworthy. I have a machine I can't afford. They refuse to let me turn back in and I am officially stuck with it. Great machine works great at that. But wished I hadn't been lied to and our kindness hadn't of been turned around to bite us! I would not recommend anyone to sign up for this program. It's not as it seems.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I am writing a review to express my concern about the sales practices and price of Rainbow Vacuum/Rexair in our area, and to register my upset about being high pressured into a deal. These people send salespersons door to door, start a conversation to find something in common such as our concern about air quality. The Rainbow Vacuum/Rexair is extremely expensive. It is something I would never willingly spend $5,613.00 on. But I can tell you we had a 1st class high pressure job from this salesman, as he would NOT take no for an answer, it seemed to only ratchet up his resolve to sell to us.

He had a pat answer for everything, making it sound like if we didn't purchase it, we didn't care about our family's health. He had a high power lamp he used to beat on the fabric love seat to raise some dust particles, show the lamp on it and say "SEE, that's unhealthy!" Despite my telling "Mr. **" that we really could NOT afford this vacuum because of ongoing surgeries I had to have, plus being on a fixed income, he continued to high pressure us to purchase it. We told him we wanted to think about it, but this spurred him on to greater high pressure tactics as if it were a challenge: "This was a ONE TIME DEAL and when I walk out the door the deal opportunity walks out with me."

He continued to high pressure us until we capitulated. Then he set us up with their credit provider, Preferred Credit, which seems to be a Kirby subsidiary. What seemed to start out at about $2,700.00 ended up becoming $5,613.00 total with all the added on fees! This reeks of predatory lending. I have excellent credit, over an 800 score, but this credit company had a huge percentage tagged onto their "convenient" offer.

It was NOT a good deal at all for us. I had a panic attack and vertigo after signing for this Rainbow Vacuum Preferred Credit agreement. Due to the recent Experian data breach, I signed up for a credit monitoring program. When I reviewed the report, I came across the Preferred Credit deal and was reminded to follow up about the situation. We were too upset to deal with it at the time, which was January 2016. "Mr. **: ALSO TOOK OUR ONLY VACUUM CLEANER, the lightweight DYSON that we could both move around. We had to go out and buy another vacuum cleaner when we tried to use the Rainbow Vacuum, and found it was too cumbersome and heavy to move easily.

I was so upset about being taken advantage of, it took me a week or so to contact this salesman back and tell him we needed to cancel the deal. Of course he couldn't do that. It put us in a terrible financial position regarding my surgery and need to get a newer vehicle. That resource was tied up in this Rainbow Vacuum deal. "Mr. **" said he didn't want to take food out of people's mouths or put them in dire straits.

I told him it absolutely did, and yet he didn't try to rectify it. Instead this was followed up by telling us we could "earn" our way out of debt by taking his training and selling 5 vacuums to get ours "free." I used a Home Equity line of credit to pay off Preferred Credit right away, but it sure didn't translate to any savings on the whole deal. Those fees all came out of the front end!

We now have an expensive paperweight that cost us over $5,600. We don't really use it because it is too big, unwieldy, and heavy for a couple of women in their late 60's. Both of us have serious knee injuries, wear knee braces, and get injections periodically to help stay mobile. Carrying something this heavy and unwieldy puts too much pressure on our knees. The more weight we carry, the more it grinds the bone on bone knee problem.

Even though my sister and I are both in our late 60's, we forced ourselves to do the training to recoup my surgery money. I was really appalled at all the "tricks of the trade" we were being taught to counter any customer concerns or balking at doing the deal. Even if they really couldn't afford it and said so, we were supposed to use every high pressure tactic we could including the "time pressure" deal "you don't care about your family's health" argument, and showing ALL the dust by whacking the bright light on the furniture to highlight particles flying up in that industrial grade bright light. We decided we couldn't in all good conscience put anyone else in the same position. It’s like pyramid marketing. You have to keep hooking other people to dig yourself out.

I feel sorry for all of his other "salespeople" that are desperately trying to recoup their own purchase by selling for him. The salesman: also wrote a glowing Google review for his own business! Their office is in South Lakewood, Colorado. He told us he was one of the most highly successful salespeople and got lots of awards. I see how that happened. Be forewarned! Beware salesmen going door to door. If they tell you their special deal walks out with them, let them. As former activists, we are pretty savvy people, and we still got sucked into this one.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought a Rainbow vacuum system about a year ago. A sales person came to my home with a "supped-up" presentation. To my regret, we purchased a system with the expectation we were purchasing a quality product consistent with the price. It never performed up to the expectations of a machine that cost so much money. Too heavy for practical use. Entirely too expensive. The fragrance feature can be accomplished with cheap potpourri. The hose came a loose from the machine. Poor customer service. You can purchase a quality vacuum cleaner for less than half of the cost of this Rainbow unit.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Pete and Cheryl our salespeople here in Houston Texas were the best and very helpful. This vacuum is THE best investment I have ever made. We have just gone through Hurricane Harvey here in Houston and this vacuum has paid for itself twice over. It's bulky and awkward at times but I'll tell y'all that I get my exercise as I'm cleaning. Worth the money that's for sure.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We just bought our third RaInbow in 30 years. This one is amazing. My son has asthma and a week after running the air cleaner, he has not had to use the inhaler at all. We hardly ever see any dust. Highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Look, this dog and pony show is awkward. You got a sales rep that follows the script but knows nothing on how to sell or close the deal. As far as the product, it appears to be decent quality but not worth the high price. You realize it does a lot of things but if the main unit poops out -- your purifier, vacuum, shampooer is all out of service. For the size of our house we would need 2 units or schlep it around 7000 sq feet. Currently, 3 people can be vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner each located on a floor along with 3 steamers for hardwoods and all vacuums have horse hair attachments. We already have a humidifier that we can throw in beautiful extracts that smell marvelous. Come to find out that this rainbow has a variety of attachments (at even more cost).

Also, reps need to show up dressed professionally -- not in t shirt and jeans. A good sales person asks the right questions... and, have a 3 min elevator speech about who the company is, and return on investment. Know whose home you are going into... a CEO, housewife, so you can gear your audience. Lastly, I hope you have plenty of space and energy to store and use all this stuff. Nope. Sticking to my Oreck, Dyson, and my Shark (the best ever). One feature I loved though are the bags that sanitize blankets and pillows. Honestly, the unit is fine -- just over priced.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We bought several vacuums before in Australia but when we had a rainbow, we love it so much. Rainbow makes our cleaning easier and with no additional bags or filters. We tested it against our expensive Dyson and Kirby and yet the Rainbow still picks up whatever the other vacuum cleaners cannot. Overall, the Rainbow has already saved us time and money. As a bonus it can also aromatize, deodorize, sanitize and medicate the air. No more weird cooking smell because the Rainbow can eliminate them. We have found the Rolls Royce of cleaning. We are proud to have one and use one everyday.

Original review: July 12, 2017

We were asked to do a demo in our home for a friend. We agreed for them to come and demonstrate the amazing machine, with absolutely no intention to purchase the machine. We currently owned a Dyson Ball Animal. That I purchased 4 years ago for the price of $569.00. That being said, I thought it was doing a great job, boy was I wrong! We watched this machine pull dirt from the same place many times. We vacuum at least two or three times a week. The Rainbow is an amazing machine and sells itself. My biggest question was, where is it manufactured, I asked. The sales rep told me in Cadillac Michigan! I was shocked seeing how most everything is made in China now.

The performance of this machine had already won us over and it being built in the good U. S of A put it over the top for me. I know the machine is expensive, but a Dyson is no cheaper figuring in all the filters and plastic pieces that break and need replacing. Plus the Rainbow outperforms the dyson in every way. Can't get any easier than dumping a water container and rinsing it out. Wet dust can't fly. With all that being said we love this machine. It really is a whole cleaning package. Ours runs as an air purifier when not vacuuming and dusting. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a true clean home. It's so easy to use, most all the negative reviews are not deserving of the machines performance. Oh and it beats a Kirby too with a big stick. I know the price is high, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. Almost forgot dyson will lose suction. Many times I have had to unclog the head, Just saying.

Original review: June 21, 2017

We agreed to an in home demonstration. We talked about my daughter's long hair, had to replace the belt after two weeks. We have mostly wood floors, use this tool, DOES NOT PICK UP, my swifters worked better than this does. Said you don't have to use the perfume(s) you mix in the water, if you don't, the air in the room smells, and I am allergic to the perfumes. Went to stop by the store to see what they may suggest, store is closed, had a time clock sign be back at 2:00, went there at 3:00, no one there. Store is over 10 miles away, called their number, get their answering machine. Wrote a letter to the main company, they sent a letter saying they forwarded it to the distributor and store, heard nothing from neither.

After attempting to go to the store 3-more times, we packed it up and FINALLY someone was there, was not the owner, I left the unit. NO ONE CONTACTED ME!!! So I wrote another letter to the Company who sends back, "Sorry you changed your mind, but nothing is wrong with the unit!" Cresco dealer sends one same day, only correspondence from them, "oh well, if you don't pay the loan company it will hurt your credit". There is zero customer care, I plan on contacting our lawyer or taking them to small claims court. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM. DO NOT BUY INTO IT LIKE WE DID!!!

Original review: June 17, 2017

They catch you at the local expo by having a jar full of money that you guess the amount on and you fill a slip with your info (and if you're a homeowner) and the amount of money in the jar and they pretend you won. I "won" because I'm a homeowner and that's their criteria. You'd think winning meant the money in the jar, right? Well you would be wrong.

The free gift is supposedly the small air cleaner, RainMate, but at the end of the 2 hour demo I found out you only get it if you give them friends' name and numbers and a few agree to a demo at their house... I don't think so. I'm not giving out my friends' and family's information. I just wanted the free gift I supposedly won which was a 3 day, 2 night FREE hotel stay with Vacations USA. Free my butt... You send in $29 which they're supposed to send you a letter, then you pick 2 destinations and 2 travel dates (why?) with another $12.40 per night. Then a travel reservationist will call you. Well, being me and always researching everything, I searched online about Rainbow before they came (so I already knew they were terrible) and I searched about this time 2 get away by Vacations USA after they left. The "free trip" is a timeshare scam. How ridiculous. I wasted 2 hours!

They were polite until they realized I wouldn't buy. Why would I buy a $2200 vacuum? It seems like it's just a dry steam-cleaner vacuum. I'm sure it cleans dirt and air (maybe, but who knows with the other reviews below) but it does not sanitize! He emphasized that you could mop with just water. "That's great John, but how does that sanitize my floor? And why would I buy an expensive vacuum?" I told them I'd only pay up front and I'm not willing to pay that price. He was trying to push me to the monthly plan. I refused... Why would I pay monthly for a dang vacuum? It's a fancy vacuum! I calculated their lowest monthly plan and it totaled $3800, way above their $2200 and who knows what kind of interest is on top of that.

He cleaned his unit and put it back in the bags which tells me that is NOT a new unit. When he was cleaning the top part that goes over the water bowl, I noticed a collection of dirt from vacuuming my floor had accumulated where the nozzle hooks in in the air intake and up underneath... It made me wonder about the maintenance and sustainability of the product. He cleaned out the water bowl in my sink and I actually watched him take out some of my dogs fur that was in the water and smear it on my counter top... Real passive aggressive there.

Then they left all the cheesecloth with dirt on my coffee table and left. Never asked where the trashcan was and didn't have anything with them to throw this dirt they collect out. He thought it was cute to say "my mom told me to never take what wasn't mine so I'll give you back your dirt" during the demo. "No John, you should have a small bag to take your cheesecloth demo with you." So I sat through a 2 hour demo AND I got to clean and disinfect the dirt and gross dirty fur glob he left on my granite counter top. I don't know how these people sleep at night knowing they're scamming people and their "free" vacation trip is also a scam. And of course they mentioned the equity program which I couldn't care less about. Yeah that's all I'd need... Another job. And from the reviews, it looks like they don't pay their people. Disgusting people.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have a Rainbow and I am very happy with my product. However I would not recommend anyone to purchase this thru the Go4it program. I had a rep named Kim come do a show for me, that from my understanding has been with the company for a long time, and after the couple didn't get it she became pushy and mean. It was very uncomfortable. She then said that I didn't do enough to ensure her sale. I was not told that I had to ensure her sale. I was only told that I had to look for couples to watch the presentation. After that she deemed the show unqualified and made up lies about the couple not participating so I could not get credit. It was a waste of time for me and nothing like I was promised. No one in any department seemed to care either. This is not a program I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I purchased a Rainbow Vacuum about a year ago. I have been so very sorry I even let these people in my house. It is awkward and difficult to maneuver. I have an upstairs and taking it from one floor to another is a chore. After trying to use it, I called the person who sold it to me and told her I did not want it. It was the day after I had purchased the vacuum. She said she was busy, but would get back to me the next day. When she came, she said it was too late to take it back. It is hard to use and not worth the effort. No one wants to buy it because it is a ridiculous price. I hate it!

Rainbow Vacuum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.

• Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.

• Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.

• Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.

• Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.

• Best for: Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

rainbowsystem.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use