Rainbow Vacuum

Compare Vacuums

Research top Vacuums recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am writing a review to express my concern about the sales practices and price of Rainbow Vacuum/Rexair in our area, and to register my upset about being high pressured into a deal. These people send salespersons door to door, start a conversation to find something in common such as our concern about air quality. The Rainbow Vacuum/Rexair is extremely expensive. It is something I would never willingly spend $5,613.00 on. But I can tell you we had a 1st class high pressure job from this salesman, as he would NOT take no for an answer, it seemed to only ratchet up his resolve to sell to us.

He had a pat answer for everything, making it sound like if we didn't purchase it, we didn't care about our family's health. He had a high power lamp he used to beat on the fabric love seat to raise some dust particles, show the lamp on it and say "SEE, that's unhealthy!" Despite my telling "Mr. **" that we really could NOT afford this vacuum because of ongoing surgeries I had to have, plus being on a fixed income, he continued to high pressure us to purchase it. We told him we wanted to think about it, but this spurred him on to greater high pressure tactics as if it were a challenge: "This was a ONE TIME DEAL and when I walk out the door the deal opportunity walks out with me."

He continued to high pressure us until we capitulated. Then he set us up with their credit provider, Preferred Credit, which seems to be a Kirby subsidiary. What seemed to start out at about $2,700.00 ended up becoming $5,613.00 total with all the added on fees! This reeks of predatory lending. I have excellent credit, over an 800 score, but this credit company had a huge percentage tagged onto their "convenient" offer.

It was NOT a good deal at all for us. I had a panic attack and vertigo after signing for this Rainbow Vacuum Preferred Credit agreement. Due to the recent Experian data breach, I signed up for a credit monitoring program. When I reviewed the report, I came across the Preferred Credit deal and was reminded to follow up about the situation. We were too upset to deal with it at the time, which was January 2016. "Mr. **: ALSO TOOK OUR ONLY VACUUM CLEANER, the lightweight DYSON that we could both move around. We had to go out and buy another vacuum cleaner when we tried to use the Rainbow Vacuum, and found it was too cumbersome and heavy to move easily.

I was so upset about being taken advantage of, it took me a week or so to contact this salesman back and tell him we needed to cancel the deal. Of course he couldn't do that. It put us in a terrible financial position regarding my surgery and need to get a newer vehicle. That resource was tied up in this Rainbow Vacuum deal. "Mr. **" said he didn't want to take food out of people's mouths or put them in dire straits.

I told him it absolutely did, and yet he didn't try to rectify it. Instead this was followed up by telling us we could "earn" our way out of debt by taking his training and selling 5 vacuums to get ours "free." I used a Home Equity line of credit to pay off Preferred Credit right away, but it sure didn't translate to any savings on the whole deal. Those fees all came out of the front end!

We now have an expensive paperweight that cost us over $5,600. We don't really use it because it is too big, unwieldy, and heavy for a couple of women in their late 60's. Both of us have serious knee injuries, wear knee braces, and get injections periodically to help stay mobile. Carrying something this heavy and unwieldy puts too much pressure on our knees. The more weight we carry, the more it grinds the bone on bone knee problem.

Even though my sister and I are both in our late 60's, we forced ourselves to do the training to recoup my surgery money. I was really appalled at all the "tricks of the trade" we were being taught to counter any customer concerns or balking at doing the deal. Even if they really couldn't afford it and said so, we were supposed to use every high pressure tactic we could including the "time pressure" deal "you don't care about your family's health" argument, and showing ALL the dust by whacking the bright light on the furniture to highlight particles flying up in that industrial grade bright light. We decided we couldn't in all good conscience put anyone else in the same position. It’s like pyramid marketing. You have to keep hooking other people to dig yourself out.

I feel sorry for all of his other "salespeople" that are desperately trying to recoup their own purchase by selling for him. The salesman: also wrote a glowing Google review for his own business! Their office is in South Lakewood, Colorado. He told us he was one of the most highly successful salespeople and got lots of awards. I see how that happened. Be forewarned! Beware salesmen going door to door. If they tell you their special deal walks out with them, let them. As former activists, we are pretty savvy people, and we still got sucked into this one.

I bought a Rainbow vacuum system about a year ago. A sales person came to my home with a "supped-up" presentation. To my regret, we purchased a system with the expectation we were purchasing a quality product consistent with the price. It never performed up to the expectations of a machine that cost so much money. Too heavy for practical use. Entirely too expensive. The fragrance feature can be accomplished with cheap potpourri. The hose came a loose from the machine. Poor customer service. You can purchase a quality vacuum cleaner for less than half of the cost of this Rainbow unit.

Pete and Cheryl our salespeople here in Houston Texas were the best and very helpful. This vacuum is THE best investment I have ever made. We have just gone through Hurricane Harvey here in Houston and this vacuum has paid for itself twice over. It's bulky and awkward at times but I'll tell y'all that I get my exercise as I'm cleaning. Worth the money that's for sure.

We just bought our third RaInbow in 30 years. This one is amazing. My son has asthma and a week after running the air cleaner, he has not had to use the inhaler at all. We hardly ever see any dust. Highly recommend!

Look, this dog and pony show is awkward. You got a sales rep that follows the script but knows nothing on how to sell or close the deal. As far as the product, it appears to be decent quality but not worth the high price. You realize it does a lot of things but if the main unit poops out -- your purifier, vacuum, shampooer is all out of service. For the size of our house we would need 2 units or schlep it around 7000 sq feet. Currently, 3 people can be vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner each located on a floor along with 3 steamers for hardwoods and all vacuums have horse hair attachments. We already have a humidifier that we can throw in beautiful extracts that smell marvelous. Come to find out that this rainbow has a variety of attachments (at even more cost).

Also, reps need to show up dressed professionally -- not in t shirt and jeans. A good sales person asks the right questions... and, have a 3 min elevator speech about who the company is, and return on investment. Know whose home you are going into... a CEO, housewife, so you can gear your audience. Lastly, I hope you have plenty of space and energy to store and use all this stuff. Nope. Sticking to my Oreck, Dyson, and my Shark (the best ever). One feature I loved though are the bags that sanitize blankets and pillows. Honestly, the unit is fine -- just over priced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Vacuum?

We bought several vacuums before in Australia but when we had a rainbow, we love it so much. Rainbow makes our cleaning easier and with no additional bags or filters. We tested it against our expensive Dyson and Kirby and yet the Rainbow still picks up whatever the other vacuum cleaners cannot. Overall, the Rainbow has already saved us time and money. As a bonus it can also aromatize, deodorize, sanitize and medicate the air. No more weird cooking smell because the Rainbow can eliminate them. We have found the Rolls Royce of cleaning. We are proud to have one and use one everyday.

We were asked to do a demo in our home for a friend. We agreed for them to come and demonstrate the amazing machine, with absolutely no intention to purchase the machine. We currently owned a Dyson Ball Animal. That I purchased 4 years ago for the price of $569.00. That being said, I thought it was doing a great job, boy was I wrong! We watched this machine pull dirt from the same place many times. We vacuum at least two or three times a week. The Rainbow is an amazing machine and sells itself. My biggest question was, where is it manufactured, I asked. The sales rep told me in Cadillac Michigan! I was shocked seeing how most everything is made in China now.

The performance of this machine had already won us over and it being built in the good U. S of A put it over the top for me. I know the machine is expensive, but a Dyson is no cheaper figuring in all the filters and plastic pieces that break and need replacing. Plus the Rainbow outperforms the dyson in every way. Can't get any easier than dumping a water container and rinsing it out. Wet dust can't fly. With all that being said we love this machine. It really is a whole cleaning package. Ours runs as an air purifier when not vacuuming and dusting. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a true clean home. It's so easy to use, most all the negative reviews are not deserving of the machines performance. Oh and it beats a Kirby too with a big stick. I know the price is high, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. Almost forgot dyson will lose suction. Many times I have had to unclog the head, Just saying.

We agreed to an in home demonstration. We talked about my daughter's long hair, had to replace the belt after two weeks. We have mostly wood floors, use this tool, DOES NOT PICK UP, my swifters worked better than this does. Said you don't have to use the perfume(s) you mix in the water, if you don't, the air in the room smells, and I am allergic to the perfumes. Went to stop by the store to see what they may suggest, store is closed, had a time clock sign be back at 2:00, went there at 3:00, no one there. Store is over 10 miles away, called their number, get their answering machine. Wrote a letter to the main company, they sent a letter saying they forwarded it to the distributor and store, heard nothing from neither.

After attempting to go to the store 3-more times, we packed it up and FINALLY someone was there, was not the owner, I left the unit. NO ONE CONTACTED ME!!! So I wrote another letter to the Company who sends back, "Sorry you changed your mind, but nothing is wrong with the unit!" Cresco dealer sends one same day, only correspondence from them, "oh well, if you don't pay the loan company it will hurt your credit". There is zero customer care, I plan on contacting our lawyer or taking them to small claims court. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM. DO NOT BUY INTO IT LIKE WE DID!!!

They catch you at the local expo by having a jar full of money that you guess the amount on and you fill a slip with your info (and if you're a homeowner) and the amount of money in the jar and they pretend you won. I "won" because I'm a homeowner and that's their criteria. You'd think winning meant the money in the jar, right? Well you would be wrong.

The free gift is supposedly the small air cleaner, RainMate, but at the end of the 2 hour demo I found out you only get it if you give them friends' name and numbers and a few agree to a demo at their house... I don't think so. I'm not giving out my friends' and family's information. I just wanted the free gift I supposedly won which was a 3 day, 2 night FREE hotel stay with Vacations USA. Free my butt... You send in $29 which they're supposed to send you a letter, then you pick 2 destinations and 2 travel dates (why?) with another $12.40 per night. Then a travel reservationist will call you. Well, being me and always researching everything, I searched online about Rainbow before they came (so I already knew they were terrible) and I searched about this time 2 get away by Vacations USA after they left. The "free trip" is a timeshare scam. How ridiculous. I wasted 2 hours!

They were polite until they realized I wouldn't buy. Why would I buy a $2200 vacuum? It seems like it's just a dry steam-cleaner vacuum. I'm sure it cleans dirt and air (maybe, but who knows with the other reviews below) but it does not sanitize! He emphasized that you could mop with just water. "That's great John, but how does that sanitize my floor? And why would I buy an expensive vacuum?" I told them I'd only pay up front and I'm not willing to pay that price. He was trying to push me to the monthly plan. I refused... Why would I pay monthly for a dang vacuum? It's a fancy vacuum! I calculated their lowest monthly plan and it totaled $3800, way above their $2200 and who knows what kind of interest is on top of that.

He cleaned his unit and put it back in the bags which tells me that is NOT a new unit. When he was cleaning the top part that goes over the water bowl, I noticed a collection of dirt from vacuuming my floor had accumulated where the nozzle hooks in in the air intake and up underneath... It made me wonder about the maintenance and sustainability of the product. He cleaned out the water bowl in my sink and I actually watched him take out some of my dogs fur that was in the water and smear it on my counter top... Real passive aggressive there.

Then they left all the cheesecloth with dirt on my coffee table and left. Never asked where the trashcan was and didn't have anything with them to throw this dirt they collect out. He thought it was cute to say "my mom told me to never take what wasn't mine so I'll give you back your dirt" during the demo. "No John, you should have a small bag to take your cheesecloth demo with you." So I sat through a 2 hour demo AND I got to clean and disinfect the dirt and gross dirty fur glob he left on my granite counter top. I don't know how these people sleep at night knowing they're scamming people and their "free" vacation trip is also a scam. And of course they mentioned the equity program which I couldn't care less about. Yeah that's all I'd need... Another job. And from the reviews, it looks like they don't pay their people. Disgusting people.

I have a Rainbow and I am very happy with my product. However I would not recommend anyone to purchase this thru the Go4it program. I had a rep named Kim come do a show for me, that from my understanding has been with the company for a long time, and after the couple didn't get it she became pushy and mean. It was very uncomfortable. She then said that I didn't do enough to ensure her sale. I was not told that I had to ensure her sale. I was only told that I had to look for couples to watch the presentation. After that she deemed the show unqualified and made up lies about the couple not participating so I could not get credit. It was a waste of time for me and nothing like I was promised. No one in any department seemed to care either. This is not a program I would recommend to anyone.

I purchased a Rainbow Vacuum about a year ago. I have been so very sorry I even let these people in my house. It is awkward and difficult to maneuver. I have an upstairs and taking it from one floor to another is a chore. After trying to use it, I called the person who sold it to me and told her I did not want it. It was the day after I had purchased the vacuum. She said she was busy, but would get back to me the next day. When she came, she said it was too late to take it back. It is hard to use and not worth the effort. No one wants to buy it because it is a ridiculous price. I hate it!

I have had my Rainbow for almost 6 months and I absolutely love the product. However when I got done with my demos I sent them in to be verified and you can only have 4 renters and you can have more only if they buy. I got my email back and they told me that I had 6 renters so therefore I needed two more demos to replace the last two who were not homeowners and did not buy. So I took matters into my own hands and call the tax assessor's office and verified that in fact those two people did own their home. I don't know where they got their information from but it was clearly incorrect. They would not reply to me when I told them that. If I have to go as far as taking a picture of the deeds to the homes I will but it should not be that much trouble. Highly aggravated with this aspect of doing the program.

I bought one 10 years ago when we were building our house. They're expensive, ($2,500.00 back then) so I chose to buy the vacuum outright with cash instead of buying living room furniture. I figured a stupid couch will wear out but a vacuum that doesn't spray dust into the air was crucial, as I had a 18 month old toddler who used to follow me around behind the traditional vacuum and breathe in all the dust from the vacuum & it stressed me out! It is also fascinating to look at all the debris in the water bucket after you are done vacuuming, kind of like looking through an archeological dig. And if you mistakenly vacuum up a small toy or something it doesn't matter because you can always fetch it out later.

Both my sisters had Rainbow vacs before me & loved them. One sister said she vacuumed her son's mattress and there was all this cruddy brown stuff in the water she was shocked that the mattress was dirty at all. So it's been 10 years & I still love it. The idea that the dirt travels & gets captured through water intuitively makes sense, which is why I'd choose a rainbow vac over Dyson any day.

I just bought a Rainbow Vacuum and Cleaning System Saturday and LOVE IT!! The demonstration took longer than an hour, but we talked a lot and asked a lot of questions! We thought we knew everything about vacuums but we clearly did not and have been living in a dirty house our whole lives. The people that are complaining are mainly complaining about financing and not the ACTUAL VACUUM! Come on people! We just paid for ours right there and then because we knew which all the people below should have known that financing it makes it more expensive! Ours would have been $2900, but with the 21-year warranty for free and the vacuum attachment for free and the air fragrances for free because we purchased that day, it was $2197 or something like that!

We traded in a crappy ORECK and that got the price down as well! With all that I learned and all that I am getting out of my carpet, this was a deal! To know that people still have these from 1955 (they started making them in 1936) I am convinced that this was the best investment ever! If I know this for even just 10 years and don't have to buy bags, filters or 5 vacuums in that amount of time then I have easily made my money back. The fact that this is also a clean air system and not just a vacuum is a huge plus as well. When I used my old vacuums all they do is create more dust and make my house smell bad! The amount and dirt and bacteria I am getting out of the air in my house is amazing and disturbing at the same time! :) So happy for this purchase. If you are reviewing these reviews please do not pay attention to the financing ones... Base your purchase on the actual vacuum reviews and decide how you are paying on your own. :)

Without a doubt, I will never go back to another brand of vacuum ever again. I just realized a couple of days ago that I have own this thing for over 10 years now and I have never had an issue (knock on wood). When I first got it I used it in my housekeeping business. Since then, I have moved about 4 times since getting this vacuum and it works on any type of flooring I've had.

I don't know what all the hate is. If you got it financed through a shady company, review them, but not the product. And I will speak from experience on that. I did have it financed and I had a $1.50 "late charge" on my FINAL payment of the loan after I moved and never knew about this $1.50. And the bank took a huge portion of my loan written off as bad debt (I late learned companies get tax credits when they do this). Was I furious? You bet I was! But that had zero to do with the company that creates Rainbow and I dealt with the bank separately. If I upgraded to a newer model I would at this point in my life pay for it with cash and not try to finance something I cannot afford. Anyways... I will never ever go back to using a regular vacuum, regardless of the cost. Never.

In October of 2016 I was asked to do an in home product demonstration of the Rainbow Vacuum System by some friends of mine. They stated that if I did they would be able to receive a free attachment for their vacuum cleaner and that I did not have to buy anything. Being the good friend that I am and the informative buyer that I think I am, I decided to do some research prior to the in home demonstration. Prior to the demonstration my vacuum of choice was the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball. I went online and looked up the Rainbow systems as well as comparisons between Dyson and Rainbow.

By the end of my two hour research I was convinced that I would not be buying the Rainbow System and I contacted Lisa ** with Astonishingly Clean and advised her that I had done my research and that I felt there was nothing she could do to change my mind over to her Rainbow System as the Dyson was just as good a product and cost me much less. Lisa asked if she could still come by and do the demonstration for me and she said that there was no pressure to buy (Of course!). I told her that she was more than welcome to come by and do the demonstration but that I was steadfast in not buying her Rainbow System. She said "No problem" and we set a date and time for the Demonstration.

On October 28, 2016 Lisa and her Husband Darryl arrived at my home to demonstrate their Rainbow Vacuum System. The first thing Lisa did after introducing herself was to give me a free gift. She gave me a Rainmate air aromatizer and said it was mine to keep just for watching their demonstration. As Lisa and Darryl brought the Rainbow System and all of the attachments into my home, I again told her that I "100%" did not think she was going to be able to convert me from the Dyson to the Rainbow System and she said she just appreciated the opportunity to show me the Rainbow System. I told her about all of the research that I had done and I went on for about 20-30 minutes about how there was really no difference.

Lisa and Darryl listened to me and when I was finished Lisa smiled and said, "I love it when customers have done their research!", and she proceeded to unwrap the components of the Rainbow System and explain the workings of the Rainbow. The demonstration lasted approximately four hours, but that was only because we were talking as old friends while the demonstration was taking place. We were discussing our community and the fact that Darryl and I had worked for the same Department for years, all the while they were answering all of my extensive questions about the Rainbow System. At One point I realized and pointed out to Lisa and Darryl that this was the same vacuum from the show "Everybody loves Raymond episode "Humm Vac"".

One of the biggest things that stood out during the demonstration was comparisons to "Air Flow" and "Air Suction". In all of my online research this was never talked about and I wasn't knowledgeable enough to look for it because I just didn't know that this comparison was something that I should be looking for when researching Vacuum systems. Lisa and Darryl were very knowledgeable on this topic of comparisons and without a demonstration I'm not sure most buyers would think to look into this subject when comparison shopping for Vacuum systems. Most all vacuum systems use filters and when the filters become full with soot and fine dust it blocks the air flow but not the suction. I didn't know that. The Rainbow Vacuum System does not use filters. Lisa and Darryl cleaned several parts of my home (Another plus) while explaining each attachment that could be purchased separately to go along with the system.

Some attachments came with the system but for a more detailed all over cleaning there are several attachments that can be purchased, or "Earned". You earn attachments by assisting Lisa and Darryl in finding others that would be willing to have an in home demonstration. Even if they don't purchase a Rainbow System you still get the attachment for setting up the demonstration. After all of this time I felt no pressure to buy this Rainbow System, but after the knowledge of "Air Flow" and "Air Suction" and filters vs. no filters and seeing the water reservoir that holds all of the dust and dirt as you vacuum, I was sold. I am not a clean freak, but after you really "LEARN" what the Rainbow System is capable of I can not see how anyone would/could stay with a conventional vacuum cleaner. When I do clean I like my home to be "CLEAN" and the Rainbow System is a "CLEANING" machine.

The Rainbow System is not a cheap system and the price definitely made me pause as far as purchasing one, but with all I had learned from Lisa and Darryl I couldn't "not" own one. Ignorance is truly bliss and I was ignorant to vacuum systems and strictly went on what I saw on TV as far as how I chose to purchase a vacuum cleaner. Price was and always will be something that plays a part on my decision making when purchasing anything, but the knowledge that I gained from Lisa and Darryl on vacuums in general could not be denied. I challenged everything they said with what I had learned and by the end of the demonstration I knew Lisa and Darryl had converted me. I was now the proud owner of a Rainbow Vacuum System.

Lisa and Darryl went above and beyond to make sure that I truly understood what I was purchasing, how each part worked and attached to the system. They guided me as I used it making sure that I was hands on with the product and all parts and attachments that went with it, and to this day, six months later, they still keep in touch with me to see if I need any attachments or fragrances, (You add fragrances to the water to enhance the smell of your home while you clean) or any assistance reference my Rainbow System. Lisa and Darryl are great sales representatives for a great product that really sells itself, you just gotta know it's there and what it is really capable of.

I signed up for a Rainbow distributor to come and give me an in home demonstration at a home show, where they had a sign on their table that said "Free RainMate with every in home demonstration". I thought "Why not, I'll sit through this hour long demo and then get a freebie." So Mario showed up at my apartment and gave me his spiel, I was hesitant to buy. He started throwing in freebies, He said "If you buy today I will give you the shampoo system free." And I decided at this point it would be worth the cost.

I was also trading in my old Bissell for a credit on my account. He had me call their financing department while he wrote up my receipt. They asked me if I had received everything I had been promised, and I told them I didn't know because he was still writing up the order. He left the vacuum he had demoed and told me my shampooer and RainMate would be there in a week. They never came. I also never received the credit for my old vacuum. I contacted their local offices and were told he would be delivering them in person that Tuesday. They never came. I tried again, this time by filing a complaint on the corporate page, and received a call saying I must have misheard him and that I hadn't given him enough referrals for the incentives. I didn't give him enough referrals for the incentive, the incentive he was offering for referrals was a cookware set.

I had a cheaper vacuum which was way more simple to use and less of a hassle. I haven't noticed a single difference but I think it was a horrible decision to buy this. I think any vacuum could easily keep up with this thing.

I purchased my Rainbow Vacuum on 03/03/2016 and from the get go I had issues with the "power nozzle" and part of the description states "The Rainbow Power Nozzle does a fabulous job cleaning carpeting, tile, linoleum and other hard surface flooring." And during the demo Jon showed me in my almost entire tiled house how to use the power nozzle on my tile floor. I have had to go in and get the power nozzle bristle pieces replaced numerous times now. They have very limited hours (evening only). I am not really available in the evening and driving across town to drop off and then again to pick it up each time is a huge hassle on my part. I have had to purchase two additional vacuums since I purchased this $5,000 vacuum from them because it is always broken!

And they are stating they only have a 3 day return policy - this is absurd. I went into this after a ton of research and was expecting an amazing product that would not have issues like this and great customer service but the product is always broken and if you can't ever get a hold of customer service then the vacuum is out of service for longer until you can get it fixed. Then they advised me to not use the power nozzle which clearly states it is for hard-face flooring on my tile floors because it is not meant for that.

David the service repair manager from the Sahara office was supposed to come to my house on Friday March 3rd at 9 a.m.. He didn't show up and then he texted me saying that he wasn't able to make it and that we should reschedule. My reply back to his text message asking telling him that I was available every morning the very next week except for Tuesday. He never responded. On Tuesday March 7th I texted him again. Ask him when he was able to come out. He confirmed that he would be here on Wednesday at 10 a.m., he was 27 minutes late. David was very rude and said that I neglected my Rainbow by using the power and also on the tile floor even though the website does clearly say can be used on hard surfaces and that he was going to avoid my warranty because of the use on my tile floor.

David said he's never seen a one-year-old Rainbow look as used as mine and that I must be abusing it. I stated that I use it 3 to 6 times a day because I have to use it after every meal and every snack time or anytime we do an arts-and-crafts project clean up the mess on the floor. He then threatened again to void the warranty on my Rainbow. I called only clean on March 8th at 12:17 p.m. and left him a voicemail asking the owner to call me back. I left my phone number and my name twice. I never received a phone call back.

I called Astonishingly Clean March 10th at 12:45 p.m. and Jennifer answer the phone. She said that she was a manager and then she got John on the phone. I spoke to John and he basically said that they are not going to allow me to return it because I'm past the 3-day return policy and that he is upset because I threw a tantrum and filed with the Better Business Bureau. And now he has to post a rebuttal, and deal with them. But because he's a good guy he is still willing to work with me and help me repair my Rainbow. John also stated for the first time today he might just replace the power nozzle. I just want to return the Rainbow vacuum for a refund. I have phone records, screenshots of the text conversation with David and pictures of my power nozzle that is always damaged.

A representative from this company came up last night for what he said only 1 hour but he stayed for almost 2 & 1/2. At first he was very polite and friendly but after he finished presenting the product, which is not bad, his behavior changed after I refused to sign directly the contract. The cost was very high almost 3800$, he started to fool us by some discounts reaching 600$. As some said I read reviews before I make high purchases and check the prices and it was a shock that it really costs almost 2800$ and less including shipping. I believe that the product is good but is not worth this amount and these salesmen are so ugly in their way of making business which I really disdain.

I had an older Rainbow for about 12 years and loved it! We was talked/pressured into buying the "newest and greatest" vacuum ever invented. I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the cleaning ability of this vacuum! It does not perform anywhere close to as good as my old one. It is very overrated and overpriced! I have a rechargeable swivel sweeper that cleans better than the new Rainbow!

These folks came to my house to demonstrate a Rainbow vacuum. Since I signed up for this at a home show, they promised they would only take around an hour, and they would give us a free air purifier. They not only stayed an hour, it turned into 3 hours. They were constantly asking questions about our finances, very personal questions as well. I had had enough, and told the couple to pack up the vacuum, we had no more time to sit and listen to their nonsense. They were simply not going to leave until they sold us a vacuum. We asked politely several time, then they proceeded to tell us we would not get the air purifier if we did not buy the vacuum cleaner. That is not what they told us at the home show. This was in Anderson, S.C.

We kept telling them we were not buying, they would not leave. I walked in the bedroom, called the police, and within 3 to 4 minutes, the cops were knocking on our door. My husband stepped outside, told the deputies what was going on, they asked to come in, and immediately told the Rainbow folks to leave. This was not the first time they have had to run them off from a home. I had the paperwork that the woman had signed to give us the free air purify, and a set of oils, the cops made her go out to her car and give them to us. I keep my house very clean, and the man kept saying how dirty my house was. The cop told him if he didn't stop putting us down, he would take him in. Hated to use such drastic measures, but had to do what I had to do. DON'T EVER LET THESE FOLKS COME IN YOUR HOME!!!

I purchased the Rainbow system over 4 months ago. After reading these reviews I was afraid that entered into a contract that was misleading. However, I followed the guidelines for the Go4it program in order to receive my system for free. I completed my 12 demos in less than 90 days and the company honored their word and I received the money to pay off the system. I had 5 sales out of the 12 and I made my 13th sale. I will admit it was a lot of work but ultimately it was worth it. I received lots of incentives and all the attachments.

I only had two bad reps and I requested those reps not do any of my other shows. The other 10 were professional and thorough. I would go to a friend's house with a bottle of wine or a snack and watch them clean their house. Everyone who saw the demo loved it and it was no worries if they decided not to get it. So, it was a win- win. I got a great product for free. If I had 12 other friends and more time I would do it again. I will admit my other friends did not have my same experience but it's because they don't have the time to do the demos. I have one friend who finished hers within 30 days. I hope this helps.

Rainbow did not mention nothing about a $2900 vacuum costing $4000. We got the Rainbow and were told it was going to $2900 total. Come to find out a month later that the company took a loan out for $4000 for the vacuum. I did not consent to a $4000 loan being taken out for a vacuum. I could have gotten the same product for less than $1000 online. This company is a scam. Don't waste your money.

I've owned and used my Rainbow for 11 years. It cleans like no other. All of these people complaining about what they have to clean out of the water basin and the smells need to stop living like pigs! If you've got all that crap in the basin after you vacuum or shampoo then your rainbow is working! Morons! If your carpet never gets 100% clean, then it's time for new carpet. You've trashed yours beyond belief by living like animals. Those of you complaining about financing, you signed the freaking contract! You wanted it, so you signed it to get what you wanted. You! Don't blame anyone else. We financed ours originally for about 2 years and paid it off. It's still saved me money on buying replacement vacuums and bags over an 11 year period. And it prolonged the life of our original carpet to 9 years. And it was cheap carpet! Rainbow is the best!

I have MS. The seller said it would be good for me since I am auto immune. She said it would be easy for me to use. Well I have to say NOT. I have fallen 2 times putting it together. I called the seller and she said "well you can pay someone to use it to clean your house." Can't afford that. I asked her to pick it up since it's only been used 1x for $1000. She said she would tell a new person she's training. I tried to call the distributor but no answer. They're such a sham I can't believe it. And she is at home conventions trying to get people by saying you might win a air purifier.

I absolutely loved the vacuum itself but the tactics they use are horrible not to mention if you don't have the 3000 to scoop out right then and there they have easy monthly payments but if you actually read it you're now paying a grand total of 6000 so I respectively ask for the return till I could pay in full. So now the manager or owner or someone whose ** clearly does not stink to them calls me, starts off nice and then when she realized my mind wasn't changing now I'm questioned on maybe I just can't afford it cause 100 a month is worth it... not when it equals 2x the price (just cause I love a car I'm not gonna pay 2x the money for it when I could wait and pay half) and they have a work for it program. She says "well we probably wouldn't even hired you from what it sounds like."

Like holy you not only temporarily had a sale but on hold but lost it all together. I can't complain about the product. I did really love it but just for how I was treated I am willing to pass it by. And there is no way to buy these without going through one of these consultants. If you have 3000 to drop I would say it's a great product but don't fall for their ** monthly plans that in the end cost you double!

DO NOT BUY THIS VAC. It is a rip-off. They will charge you 24 percent interest and for your 2300 dollar vacuum, after 2 years of paying 89 a month with 49 a month in interest, we still owe 2100 dollars. We're cancelling the automated payment and contacting our attorney. High-pressure sales and empty promises were delivered and we got a defective vac and we did not get the fragrances or the humidifier or ANYTHING we were promised.

Rainbow lied to us and is now STEALING our money. I have no receipt or order number because this was a set-up from our relative who gave out our PII illegally and hooked us up with this pyramid scheme. The vac is great, it's just not worth 2500 bucks. Maybe 250 bucks, but not TEN TIMES THAT. This doesn't work any better than our Bissell upright. I am extremely unsatisfied, especially at the raping of our bank account. We are stopping payment and we don't care about the credit hit. Come get this piece of ** and stop charging us a hundred bucks a month for eternity.

The vacuum is wonderful and I would buy it again. One of the "perks" was that if you had allergies/asthma, you could get a prescription and have it written off on your taxes. Our daughter is 3 and does have allergies/asthma BUT she tested negative to the dust mite which is how you would get a prescription. They use this as a selling point but need to be more forthcoming about the information given. We would have purchased anyway because we know several people who have had them for long periods of time. We also have 3 large inside dogs and the Dyson Animal we purchased in 2009 stunk even after cleaning filters... It also lost suction.

Machine stopped working within 3 mos. of purchase. Took it to a Rainbow store for either exchange or repair, they refused to do so. When told it was financed and could not continue to pay for something that doesn't work the response was "we already got paid. It's up to you to pay the financing company." We are stuck with a broken machine and harassing phone calls.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rainbow vacuums are manufactured by Rexair LLC, an American company founded in 1932. Rexair rebranded its vacuums as Rainbow in the 1950s and continues to use the name.

• Water washing: Rainbow vacuums use water to clean floors naturally.
  • Available attachments: Owners can add attachments for cleaning refrigerator coils, upholstery and small spaces.
  • Fewer pollutants: Rainbow vacuums are certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to remove pollutants from the air.
  • Parts and supplies: Consumers can purchase parts and supplies from Rainbow's website.
  • Worldwide distribution: Rainbow partners with distributors all over the world to make buying its vacuums more convenient.
  • Best for Rainbow vacuums are good options for homeowners, renters and landlords who want clean, attractive floors.

Compare Vacuum Cleaners