Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

BLACK+DECKER TO1675B 6-Slice Convection Countertop Toaster Oven - Had this for 6 months. It was ok. Tonight it literally exploded. No fire, no smoke, just the door blown out. All over the kitchen and living area. Scared the ** out of us. No one was hurt. Many people seem to have had the same experience. This product should be recalled. For the price I could care less but someone is going to get hurt and they shouldn't allow that to be. Make things in the USA!!!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I purchased this oven (Black & Decker Toaster Oven MD: TO1675W and 5B) in 2016 and I believe it should be recalled due to the heating element not turning off when you turn off the oven. This product is very dangerous and prone to creating a fire!

Original review: March 9, 2017

In 2008 I purchased a Black & Decker toaster oven. After only a few months, the glass door exploded right in front of me. I called B&D and they sent me a replacement. Recently the switch stopped working and the toaster/oven would not turn off at the selected time. Everything was burning. So I decided to check complaints and found that many people are experiencing the same problems with these appliances. Several people have had kitchen fires because of the malfunctioning switches. This is very dangerous and I think all B&D toaster ovens should be taken off the market until they can resolve the problems. Don't know why they are still being sold. Don't buy this product, any model.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I have used this toaster for over a year because I haven't been motivated to throw it away and purchase a new one. Until today. 50% of the time when I use the toaster the timer knob turns off but the heating element stays heated, and gets hotter and hotter! I always have to unplug the unit to get it to turn off the heating element. I can remember to do this, but, this morning, my 8 year old son made toast and it happened again. I was in another room and he doesn't know to unplug the toaster if it stays on, and luckily I came into the kitchen a few minutes after he made his toast and unplugged it because it looked and felt like it was about to BLOW UP. Is there no recall on this???

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Black and Decker ToasterOven - Model # T01313SWD. Why would B&D continue to have these toaster ovens on the market and being in use when there is a definite safety hazard with them? The timer button does not shut the toaster or the oven off. A fire hazard with a tragedy waiting to happen. I should have realized when it said "Made in China" that I should have purchased a different toaster oven.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I bought a Black and Decker toaster oven, model # to1356sg 7 months ago. It has a problem with not going off when timed out or turned off. When I turned it off while answering the phone in another room, it never went off and caught the contents on fire on burned up the oven. We should have returned it sooner but knew it worked when we watched it so we could unplug it when it failed. It worked ok at times. It could have burnt the house, I stopped buying B&D anything years ago and should not have made this exception. Never again!

Original review: July 8, 2016

Bought a Black & Decker toaster and it had a one foot cord. Had to move everything to make toast. Recently bought a B & D can opener. Worked for one month and now doesn't work at all. Gave the toaster to charity and threw the can opener away. Will NEVER buy another Black & Decker brand appliance or tool!!!

Original review: April 24, 2016

Timer did not turn off heating element. Entire unit in flames and smoke. This unit should be recalled. After seeing all the complaints, why hasn't the company done something?

Original review: April 15, 2016

The Black & Decker oven toaster model #TO1675B has a defect on the timer knob. You have to stand in front of the oven toaster and shut it off manually. The timer button has never worked properly. If you turn away for a minute it will burn the food since it doesn't turn off. You hear the timer clicking and won't stop. This is a problem which can cause a fire hazard. This item should be recalled. It's dangerous.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

I should have returned it! I have had this toaster over for one year. This model TO 1332 BD has "EvenToast" technology which I have found to mean it burns even toast. Even setting the toast timer below the medium setting it burns the toast. It must be watched constantly. When it does toast, it is not even. The side of the bread that is near the back always browns quicker and deeper than the front. If these were being given away free I still would not take one. We also made the mistake of purchasing a B&D coffee maker. It has a gray LED screen with black letters so it cannot be read unless you are directly in front of it. NO MORE BLACK AND DECKER for me. A once great company has lost its reputation.

Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven Company Information