3.38/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

63 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

A rep from down Arkansas came out to us and talked about American Standard Walk-In Tubs. I didn't know about walk-in tubs and he forgot some literature, but I talked with him for a while. He mentioned something about health and that time, my wife and I were not in very good health. When he came back, we figured we get one for me and my wife. The installer came with his son and daughter and they were the best in putting up the tub that I could ever see. We had a bathroom area that had a stool and a sink and that room was where he put the bath tub. There's a place there that had a little door and they also moved that out. Then they went to town and when they came back, they had a cabinet set in there to have room for other things. They fixed up all kinds of things in the bathroom. Everything they've done was great and beautiful.

Getting the walk-in tub is one of the best things we've ever done. I've been down with a broken back and the last couple of years were not very good. But with the tub, I can walk in it and I can even sit down there. There's also that big spray out there that I can just wash myself off. The tub is the best thing I eve had and everything is great.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The American Standard sales reps gave me some sort of a discount and then later told me that it has a self water heater. It was appealing and it made sense for people who can't get in and out of tubs. I got the 50-gallon tub and by the time I fill it up with 30 gallons, I will have no hot water to set a temperature for the controller anymore. It doesn't have adequate reheating or maintaining a temperature ability. I have one of those quick-heating units which costs about $1000. It just heats the water up for the moment. So, that's slightly overpriced. Also, it's slate, and not fiberglass. It appears to be much more of quality and it's gigantic in the bathroom. There's no shower curtains constructed for that particular unit, too. But other than that, it's fairly adequate for its set-up.

The craftsman who put it in did a pretty good job. It helps caring for my cancer. So, I'm in the process of trying to deal with that and trying to get the water heater hooked up. I've only used it once when I was with cold water. I couldn't recommend it though because it's a high-cost item and not many people are going to buy it. For the amount of money that entails you to put out a Jacuzzi outside, those things go in hot and stay hot because of the direct heating unit that's connected with those.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have back problems and I thought that walk-in bathtub would be something that would help my back and that I could soak in it, but that’s not the case. I purchased an American Standard walk-in bathtub three years ago. Their sales reps were good, courteous and friendly, and the installation team was nice. It took them half a day to get it all done and they cleaned up the mess. However, I’m not happy with it. It takes too much hot water to fill it up and it runs up the water and the power bill. I don’t use it anymore and I’m just making the payments on it. I wish I could get rid of it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The American Standard name is a good name and their installers were very efficient. I’ve had the tub for about a year now and I use it regularly. I like it. It's good on my legs when I put the action on that massages. So, it's advantageous.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I talked to two other companies then American Standard's representative came and we discussed a lot of factors. I was impressed with the lifetime warranty and that you had a powered drain. Overall experience was good. However, when I had a problem, it took two and a half weeks to get somebody to come and look at it. The communication with the installers was poor. But once they got here, they were qualified and they did their job well. I love American Standard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We got the American Standard Walk-In Tubs and the kids love it. I was told that my house's value is going to go down, that nobody wants those kinds of tubs. But my kids think that there's nothing better than those tubs. I'd rather it go down in resale price than me falling. I broke a couple of ribs, I don't want to break anything else. The workmen were very nice and the salesman was truthful. The guys who did the installation had to take out my other tub, take out a window and replace the outside wall too. They did everything and it was a perfect experience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We've been very blessed with the tub. My wife loves it but it's too short for me. If I get in that thing, the water is just up to my chest. I wouldn't suggest it for anybody that's over six feet. Also, the sales rep at American Standard Walk-In Tubs was a high-pressure salesman. I didn't get excited over him but the installers were excellent. We like the tub, it looks really nice and we're satisfied with it. A little expensive but it's all right.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

About a year ago, I purchased an American Standard walk-in tub for its price. Installation was good and those who did it were professional. However, they didn't honor a coupon that they had sent me. They were saying that they had already given me a discount. Plus, three months after installation, a couple of the jets weren't really coming out of the floors and I called to have somebody come out and to this day they have not responded to coming out and checking my jets. I think it's because the owner called to see how I like the tub and we had a disagreement because they didn't honor the coupon and I thought it was unfair. So that's why I still have the issue but otherwise, the walk-in part is my favorite. It's easier when it comes to taking a bath and it is good for my knee.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'm 75 and I have arthritis. I thought the walk-in tub from American Standard would help me. It was put in by a man who's local. The first time I used it, it was too cold and there wasn't enough hot water. I called him and I told him and he said we could put a booster on it. So he sends out two people who don't have names and don't belong to a company. They came and said they don't have the right kind of pipes and they disappeared. They came back with something that looks like medusa's head and they put it on there. It's not even a booster. They lied.

I woke up in the morning. It's very hot in my house and the air conditioner was open. The floor was flooded, the bedroom was flooded and the walls were peeling off. I was hysterical so I opened the phonebook and got the first plumber I could find just to get the water out before the mold starts to grow and I reported it to the party that was concerned. The guy who put it in was trying to be sweet and honey, and I turned sour. He asked why was I being mean and I told him that I have a brand new house.

The company that insures my house fixed all the stuff that had to be done immediately. Restoration came out and everything was completed. Now, when you shut it off, the faucet leaks so, we called the plumber back because the guy who sold it to me would not come near me because he knew he screwed up. The plumber comes back and he needed to get a whole new part from American Standard. He was very nice and fixed it. It's a brand new tub that's broken. I don't know what else is going to go wrong. It took all the joy out of it and it's so sour in my mouth that I really hate to use it.

The president was calling me on a Saturday afternoon and I thought they would be nice about it because he even asked me what would be a good settlement for me. I said that he owns the company and it's up to them but they never gave me a dime. They should have done something to compensate me for the hell I went through and I didn't want to sue them. They were calling left and right and they were so afraid I was going to because I have a huge lawsuit. I told them to take the tub and I didn't want it. It would be nice if they send me a $12,000 check. I'm about to sell this house and I'm going to be moving in about five to six months in another house. I don't want any of this repeated to the new owners because it's not their business. It's been a nightmare and I would never, ever recommend American Standard to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had a fall in the bath tub so I called a local company. They said they had a walk-in tub but when they got here, it was a walk-in shower so I called American Standard. The sale was wonderful. The home sales rep explained everything and brought the samples in. However, the ones that put the walk-in tub were horrible. They ruined my trim and my door. The home sales rep brought a carpenter that he got from his own home to fix my house. I won't recommend American Standard, it's too harsh to have your tub put in.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I asked the American Standard salesperson how long it'll take to install the tub and he said two days. And then, I asked him the price, he said $13,000. I went along with that because I said, "Well, two days. It got to be it." But when they got the payment, they were here no more than four hours. That kind of threw me off because if he had said $13,000, which it got to be 4 hours, then I would have said that was too much. That's the only negative that I have about it. Other than that, everything is fine. The installation team, two fellows, worked quickly and they did a nice job. And the tub was perfect. It's nice for me and wife, we're elderly people. We don't worry about falling or anything.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The American Standard Walk-In Tub has allowed me to take a bath by myself and to be more free with it because before I just couldn't get in and out of the bathtub which was great because I'm old. I've had it for a year. Also, their sales rep were nice and their installers were great.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We bought American Standard Walk-in Bath a couple of months ago but I was disappointed because it wasn’t as advertised on TV wherein it shows the bubbles come up around the chest and neck. When I got in it and sit in the tub, it barely came above my waist. I even tried scrooching way down below the seat and still, it didn’t cover me, and I’m not fat. I’ve only used it once and it drained my hot water heater and the water went cold before it got filled up, and we have a 50-gallon gas hot water heater. I used it but I’m sure it would have been much better with warmer water. When we get some money saved up, we'll call the guy that originally installed the hot water heater and see if he has got anything like a hot water on-demand or something and see what we can do with that. We liked the idea that it is American made however, the price was a bit more than what we have anticipated. $15,000 was a big investment for something that we can’t really use.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I'd like to have a walk-in bath even though I don't really need it. I chose American Standard, and interacting with the sales and went very good, and so did installation. American Standard has done very well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We are in a mobile home and the salesman didn't do the measuring right. It would have been nicer if the salesman had the right information for the installers. Because of the wrong dimensions, I lost the tiles that I had put up on my wall. The installers had to do a lot of work, but they were fantastic and they did a great job. My American Standard walk-in tub has been wonderful and my favorite features are the hot water and bubbles.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have neuropathy, I’m big and I don’t fit into a tub so I got an American Standard Walk-in Bath. The installation was okay. However, there were supposed to be things added where I can put soap paste, etcetera. I was clear about my need but there was none of that put in the tub. I don’t blame the guys that came and worked. I blame my salesman. I wasn’t happy with the service at all. I’ve tried calling them to come out and fix it and they haven't called back. I’m a 100% sure the advertising’s misleading. If I was a shorter person, it would be there. But my legs are a little tight and my body is out of the water. I had two other companies come and said that their product won’t work for me. They were honest with me. But American Standard's sales rep just kept going. They sell the service and I don’t think they came close to delivering it.

The tub was $18,000 and it's more than a car that I would drive. I’m a hard worker and I’m an honest guy. I paid the tub even though things were questionable because the salesman said, “I’ll come out and check.” He never even came back. I’ve left messages and nothing ever follows. They’re a big company, I’m a little guy so the way I look at it, it’s my problem and I’m sure I’m not the only one. This kind of experience wasn’t really good. I tried to get them to come out but they wouldn’t. I couldn’t even get the salesman to talk to me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I haven't been happy with the American Standard walk-in tub since it was installed. I was told I'm short by a foot tall. The man that sold it saw how I tall I was and he said that I can step right in it but I cannot. I have to use steps to get in and out of it and that's dangerous. The first time that I took a bath in it, it threw a breaker and I had to let the water out physically. They came back to do a fix and see what they did not do, which were two or three things. They ensured me that it would be a registered plumber that installed it. A contractor that would do any deal with it and stuff that had to be done, and it's still not satisfactory to me. I wish they had my old tub back.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I needed a tub and got it from American Standard. I've always liked the brand. If they're doing it, I feel like it's the best. I've had other commodes and things that were American Standard. The sales rep was nice and I appreciated him. Also, the installation team did a good job. I have a real bad back and have severe pain all the time. I have scoliosis, stenosis, and degeneration. So, I get in the tub and the hot water helps. I love the tub and enjoy it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I called them to send someone out for a consultation. We own our home and I have just retired. I have the money to purchase a tub. But they refused to send out anyone for a consultation unless both of us were home. I told them that if they needed both of us at home that the product must be too expensive. I suspect the plan is some serious up-sale attempt. That alone made me too suspicious to want to talk with them further. Don't call them. Go with Amazon, Home Depot or Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I’ve always had American Standard toilets and since I wanted one of their walk-in tubs, their reps didn't have to sell it to me. Their installers had to do a lot of stuff when they put it in because I live in an old house. Initially, they couldn’t get it in and I had to pay for a new door. But I’m satisfied with it and I loved my experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We wanted a walk-in tub, so we went online and did some research. From my own perception of quality, I chose American Standard over other companies. Our builder also mentioned they had a good reputation. Their in-home sales representative was supportive and explained things to our satisfaction. We bought two walk-in tubs and put them side by side. The original plan was to have only one layout in our master bathroom, then, within 24 hours after the installation, we said that it wasn't going to work. So we asked the installation team to come back and move the tubs. The installers were excellent and very cooperative. They were helpful and they came back to do the repairs a couple of times.

But the knob that converts from the nozzle for my tub to the nozzle for the shower hose came off a couple of times. There's a slot that where I have to put the stainless steel piece through, line it up, then put it in. But I shouldn't have to do that and the nozzle that closes the bottom of the tub still comes off. I can put it back manually but the water blows it off every time I use the tub. It's nothing radically wrong but I'm disappointed with the fact that they have two pieces that don't seem to be designed or installed properly. My wife doesn't have the same problem with hers and I don't know what else American Standard could do to make mine better. Otherwise, our tubs have been functioning fine and our overall experience with American Standard was good. Their equipment are not perfect but we still regularly use them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Ordered and gave a down payment on a walk in tub on July 5 2017. Was told by salesman they schedule installation out 4 weeks but most people receive theirs within 2. Mine was scheduled 6 weeks out. At 4 weeks out received a call from the contractor asking if it was ok if they bumped me up because his guys did not have any jobs right then. I said yes the sooner the better for my ailing dad. He was going to have American Standard's scheduling call because he is a subcontractor.

Two days later he calls to see if they called. I said no. The next time I hear from American Standard is August 16 the day before my original installation date informing me the contractor has quit. They were flying into Seattle for interviews and would let me know when it would be installed. Never heard back. I called Leah at the end of August to see the status. Was told she would email scheduling and they would contact me. I have been back in contact with Leah at least 2 times a week with the same answer "I will email my supervisor, scheduling, new contractor and have them call you". So tired of the runaround.

Called Wednesday September 20 and left a message to send my deposit back. I was done. This morning September 22 I get a call from Chad. "So sorry you are having problems. We dropped the ball. It's not your fault." Obviously not my fault since they have my $. "You are entitled to your money back but if I can get your tub installed in the next few days would you be ok with that." "Yes I want the tub." He said he would call back by the end of the day. Just heard from Chad and since I live in a smaller town they can not bump me up because they feel they would lose 2 other tub installations in the Seattle area.

In other words who cares who ordered first, who put a down payment first and who has been waiting longer. They have the salesman stating they want the best for their customers in safety, health benefits and overall customer service. I cannot say how the product holds up to safety and health benefits but their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. Now I have an 82 year old father who has been telling everyone about his new walk in tub and I have to start from scratch with another company to get him one. I also have no idea how long they will take to get me my down payment refund because I'm entitled since I was not the one who broke the contract. Hopefully Chad will read this since he laughed when I told him that they might lose a couple of sales after I write a review and post it on social media.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I purchased an American Standard Liberator walk in tub. I like the tub and the installation. I purchased the tub due to the supposed lifetime warranty that came with it. Their service in my opinion sucks. I have had two problems in the last 6 months since I bought it and the service response was weeks to fix my tub, I now wonder if I should have purchased another brand walk in tub.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Unless you get a firm installation date at the time of the signing of the contract, do not sign anything. I was initially told on March 30th when I signed it would be about 3 weeks. No one called. Finally I was told May 18th. Called the installation person named Mark ** who ought to have a PHD in the art of double talk and deception. He lied about contacting my management company, lied about permits (I spoke to our building inspector), treated me like I had a screw loose, called his boss a Michael ** who must be related to Philips. He just backed him up and would not listen.

Today I called to just pay for the whole damn thing since I may not be here on the 18th of May. Lo and behold, I was told they cancelled my order yesterday on a Sunday no less and were returning my deposit. No one called me. It was just a fluke that I called today. The tub was for medicinal purposes. I have severe osteoporosis and liked the product even though they were not the cheapest that I looked at. The salesperson was wonderful and so was his boss. The others do not deserve the time of day.

Original review: March 5, 2017

American Standard Toilet model Champion 4 Max 2586.128ST does not flush as they claim. It takes several flushes to get the job done. Customer service will not honor the warranty with a refund. Product is misrepresented.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

The design is great. Very helpful and useful. Well made and just really cool. Very well worth it. Couldn't live without it now that I have it. Very safe and fits all your needs. Couldn't ask for anything more. It's perfect for older people who have a hard time getting in and out of the tub so it would have to be made safe. Ask any question or problem you may have. They really want to help you out. They care about you and will help you if they can and if not they will make sure someone does help you. Very good value. It's worth the price of a good peace of mind because life is hard enough as you get older so do what you can to help make the best of it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Im surprised that someone didnt make one of these items years ago. The design is so great, that it's the envy of all my friends and family. It has a flaw or two but it is not enough to make me dislike the item. I recommend these products to everyone I know. I would buy another in the future. The customer service gets it. They know the product inside and out. Im glad they work for that company. I wish companies had workers like these. This is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. The value is spectacular. Keep up the great work and bring out more items to buy.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It's nothing overly special. The shower is easy to access and is pretty self-sufficient. I would probably suggest this model to another person, especially if they have mobility problems. Everything is built solidly and anchored properly. I can use the handles to pull myself along if necessary. I am very satisfied with the construction and have no trouble with leaks. If ever I need assistance, it's a phone call away. If there is a problem with the functionality, a service person will come and take care of it fairly quickly. I have had no problems so far. I feel that the product is a bit over-priced. There are number of walk-ins I've seen at my local big hardware store, but I suppose the installation and safety features are worth the extra.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The design is really comfortable and helpful for my grandmother. I love the shower. It is not slippery and the handlebars are very sturdy. Also the seat is sturdy and secure so my grandmother really likes it. The person that sold me the shower was really nice and helpful and also the installers were nice and were there on time and did an amazing job. It might seem like an expensive shower but it is worth it to see my grandmother have that independence even in the shower. She is happy knowing she can bathe by herself.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My design was a walk in shower with three different shower brackets. It looks as if you're in the rain forest with rain all around you. You have the ability to use all three at one time or just one at a time whatever fits your needs. There were brackets that's what I call them put on the wall if you needed holding up and around the rim of the shower is a water catcher, that way you need no worry about water getting on the floor. Very nice, friendly, reliable people. Really helped with all of your needs. Very knowledgeable. They definitely know their stuff when it comes to the bathroom. Their value overall, I do believe it adds to the house - that you have a great bathroom. The colors and the design go very well together.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information