4.4/5 (359 ratings)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available

Cons

• Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Bottom Line

American Standard’s walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep-soak and massage models. It provides installation with the purchase of a walk-in bath. Features include chromotherapy and self-cleaning.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The sales consultant was very friendly and informed, and the installation was really nice. The installers left the house cleaner than when they went in, and they were very friendly as well. The tub is very pretty, and I like the depth of it. Also, the quality is excellent, and I'm really enjoying it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're truly happy to learn about your great experience, Heidi. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The guy was very professional and he did what he was doing. He kept in contact with me almost daily until they put the tub in. The installers were super. I couldn't have asked for a better team than that. They were extremely professional. They came in, looked it over, figured out where the best place was for it to go, and then went right to work. They completed the installation really quick. I like the tub. It's helped me a lot, so far. I like the jets in it. They're in the right places when you're sitting in there. I got lymphedema pretty bad and it really helped a lot there.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're thrilled to learn about your excellent experience, Marvin. Thank you for sharing it with us and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The sales guy was very personable. He was more like a next door neighbor instead of somebody I'd never met before and he was trying to sell me something. He was excellent. I was very impressed with the installers. They cleaned up after themselves. It didn't take as long. We got a shower in one bathroom, and then the tub in another bathroom. So it took them a couple of days to finish up, but they were very nice. It was pretty expensive, but it'll do us the rest of our life. My daughter is enjoying it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's wonderful to hear, Lynne! Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. We're proud to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The job was completed, but it wasn't completed according to what the salesman sold me. They were supposed to put the faucets by the seat to where I could reach it from the seat, and I can't. It's crossed the length of the shower. The guys called me twice on it, and the last time he called me, he said that he ordered the parts. He said that the parts came in damaged and I haven't heard from him since. So, I'm very displeased about that part. The salesman sold me the fact that I got to sit in the shower and the faucets or the controls would be by my seat. But like it is now, I have to get into the shower, turn on the faucet, and then sit down in my seat. But I'm happy with my shower.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Lefan. We will have a representative follow up with you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

American Standard's sales representative was very nice and informative. Also, the installers worked very hard long days and they had it done within two days. They did a beautiful job. The tub drains out quickly. But it takes a while to fill up, and the installer recommended that at some point, we should get a bigger one. Also, it's hard to get used to going in the door and making sure the doors closed behind you. I'm still getting used to it. Otherwise, everything's fine.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you the taking the time to leave your 5-star review, Sandra. We appreciate your business and are thrilled to welcome you to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I like that American Standard is made in this country. Their rep also did a good job and answered all my questions. The installation was all good. They had to come back another time and put up something that hadn't come with the shower or with the tub like it was supposed to. But they came and installed that, too. Everything's fine.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Scot. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I was on Facebook and I was inquiring about having a walk-in shower installed, and one of American Standard's representatives made contact with me. I spoke with him and spoke with a representative with another company, but after sitting down and talking with American Standard's representative, I felt like American Standard was the best way to go for us. He's been great. He has contacted me since the installation took place to make sure that everything went as he had described to us. American Standard was very proficient in doing what they were here to do. They were very professional. A couple of times, they checked with me to see if that was to my satisfaction in terms of what they were planning to do, as far as the installation was concerned, and I really appreciated that.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are happy to read about your experience, Hiram. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I like the controls, the water temperature and flow control, and the grab bars in my American Standard tub. I've had a lot of people who would come and always give a rosy picture of what they're gonna do, and then didn't do it, but American Standard did everything they said they were gonna do. I appreciate it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your review, Phillip. We are happy to welcome you to the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I chose American Standard because it's a well-known brand. Their sales rep was very knowledgeable and he explained things very well. He was also very agreeable to leave the room for a while so my wife and I could talk about the purchase in private. He was very good. The installers showed up right on time and they had everything they needed. They went to work and they hardly interfered with our lives. They put in a good eight hours and they didn't slack off. That went very well.

We're thrilled with our walk-in tub. My wife and I absolutely love it. It was the right thing to do. The main thing is we can step into the tub. The grab bars are nice too because we're not 25 anymore. All in all, we like all the features and they seem to be of very good quality. American Standard has made our taking showers easier and safer.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Louise. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I would not recommend American Standard for a walk-in shower. The shower we had paid for had the controls in the middle of the side. The installation team said, they had never installed one like that before. They were unfamiliar. I went out, found the instructions and gave it to them. It was trickier than they had to do before because when you put the controls on the side of the shower, halfway right in the center of the back, you had to put holes through all the studs to get water over to the controls then back again to get to the shower head. It's much more difficult but they were able to get it done.

The issue was we didn't have enough hot water. We had a lot lower than what we had coming out of the sink. They first said they'd send a new control unit. That went on and on. It didn't get here. One of the people, Kevin, came up after a month and was able to take the unit off and make some changes. The water was fine but he scratched one of the caps. He said he'd get us a new cap. That was about a month ago and we've been getting a number of boxes come to us. On the last three boxes that came, he found the part he needed and installed it last night. We got it done, but I kept going back to the salesman and it was over two months. He sounded nice, but nobody followed up. It's quite a nice shower though. The water temperature was raised sufficiently and my wife enjoys it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your experience, John. We will have a representative reach out to you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

The sales rep was able to meet me at my mom's location to help us go over the things. It was very beneficial that he was able to relocate to accommodate us. The installation crew was a good team. The old tub had to be removed. They got it out and set it on the side of the house for us because we can take that material and turn it in for cash ourselves. My mom likes the American Standard walk-in tub. The only problem is she doesn't want to do it by herself. She's confused on which way to turn the knob. She has sprayed herself in the face once. But it is definitely worth her time because she was having trouble getting in and out of the old tub. She was shocked by the price though. Originally, when the sales rep and I were discussing the best benefits for my mom, it was a bit more pricey but he helped me get it down to a more reasonable price.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Kim. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

The installation was done in one day. They cleaned up afterwards. However, I'm having more trouble with the customer service aspect with American Standard. I'm about an hour and a half from where the house is. I went down there the day before to wait for the installers to come. On the day of the install, I got a call saying they were not going to be there because there was something wrong with the doors. It was wasted time. They reset it and did it another time. After the job was done, I noticed something that I thought was wrong. There should be caulking between the bottom of the shower and the floor. When I called American Standard, they agreed and said they'd send somebody out. That date was the 14th. I went down there the night before to make sure I was there. I called twice on the 14th, but nobody ever showed up. I've called twice since then and I'm waiting on a response to tell me what they're doing.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Edward. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

We've had a very good experience with American Standard. The only thing that was not told to us was the size of hot water heater we need. The hot water heater that we have now doesn't give us enough hot water to completely fill the tub up. I don't know which size of hot water heater I need to buy.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, Charlie. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

The tub is great while it's working but if you need service that's the pits. My tub developed a leak in early September of 2022 and I called for repair immediately. Long story short here it is December 19 of 2022 and I still can't use the tub. I have called and called and no one will return my calls. Great tub but lousy service.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, William. We are sad to read about your experience. We will have a representative follow up with you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

We've got a good product from American Standard as far as the commodes were concerned, so we had them to come out for a walk-in tub. The rep did an excellent job presenting. We had one little problem during the installation however. Something was broke. It wasn't anything that the installer could do about it except turn it in and have them to send out a new one. About three days after that, it came in. The installer came right back and put it on, and everything worked. The lights and the jets are a little hard to turn on, but I manage it. I've used the tub several times and enjoyed it every time. It does a good job. If you got a sore body and feel you got tired muscles, it's good for that. You can sit down while you bathe. My wife enjoys the tub too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We appreciate your feedback, Johnnie. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

The sales rep was very informative. The installers were fantastic. They walked us through everything. They knew what they were doing and were very cautious not to damage anything else. I love our walk-in. I love being able to go in, sit in it and play with the buttons. We are very impressed. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Now it's time to enjoy your new tub, Judi! We are truly happy to hear about your experience!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I called American Standard and they provided me with enough information. John came. He was good. The only problem we had with John was he put some things in the contract that didn't come to fruition immediately. They're going to be added on here after the first year. But the installers, Wayne and his partner, were fantastic. They had their stuff together. They helped me through a couple of things too. With the product put in, I feel better about showering. Even the grandkids enjoy it. We set it up high and they use the wand for a shower instead of the big head.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are extremely happy to hear about your overall experience, Dennis, and we appreciate your feedback! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

The reps who did the installation were very respectful and polite. But we can't get any hot water to our walk-in bath and I can't put my severely disabled son in there in cold water. It takes just a few seconds for the hot water to run out. It starts getting hot and then, it goes back to cold. We have next to the biggest unit for instant heat and it never gave us any trouble before with the walk-in shower that we had. American Standard had a man come out and he worked a little while but he left us stranded. He said the whole house needs to be repiped. We paid him $9,000 and they're not through with it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Alice. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

When my wife called American Standard, they answered right back. After they called me, I called them and they said they would meet me in five days. They moved on it quickly. The rep was knowledgeable in what he was talking about. The installers cleaned everything and did a wonderful job. I like the tub. My wife will like it too. We had to amputate one leg and we're waiting for it to heal and get her the prosthetic leg. When she gets that, it'll be easier for her to get in.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Adam. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Every time I take a shower in the tub, the plastic shower curtain does not come down far enough. Water is all over the floor. I gotta put towels on the floor before I can even get in and out of the shower. We're very dissatisfied with this product. I thought the tub, with the sides, the bubbles and the jets, would help my wife. I agreed to this $20,000 that we're paying for. When she got stuck in the tub and couldn't get out, luckily, I had a pump. If I hadn't had a pump, I'd have to bucket it. She tried calling Monday trying to reach somebody but couldn't reach anybody. We had to threaten to call the Better Business Bureau or call our lawyer to get a response. When we got a response, the lady didn't give us a good answer. She said, "You must not be flicking the switch right." I'm not stupid. I know what the panel looks like. I turned it on and off and it still didn't work.

About three days later, she called and said someone would be out here to take a look at it. That was almost two weeks ago. Whoever's supposed to come back and make this thing right still has not come yet. We couldn't use the tub and they were telling me I have no alternative. I don't have any rights. It might not have been in the contract that they will replace the tub if we had a problem with it, but it didn't say anything that we wouldn't have any choices if it malfunctioned. We don't have any recourse. I don't like that I'm waiting on this person to come out here. They need to compensate me or come get this tub out of here. American Standard is one of the top companies in this country and they should not treat people that way. I'm not satisfied with the way they treated us at all.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear this has been your experience, Erma. We will have a representative follow up with you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

The guys that came out did a good job. They always cleaned up after themselves. I was impressed with that. The water jets didn't work though. They had to order a part that was on backorder. I'm still waiting for it. But I've used the tub without those and I like it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review, Karen. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I have been trying to get repairs for six months. I am a disabled senior citizen. I have been ignored by the warranty department. Am a senior and have been ignored by the warranty department. I need a number for corporate.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Darlene. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

The American Standard rep did a good job. I had a question right off the top of my head. And he called me back. I was amazed that he did, because a lot of times, you deal with people and they don't return your calls or it's not the right number. But he was. The installation team told us around what time they would be here. It was a morning. They were very careful and clean.

When you get people to come in, maybe work on something, they just open the door and walk in. They don't think about what your floors look like. It was amazing how they laid everything down. And when they carried things in, they were very careful. They were also polite. I have dealt with people before that have come in and just want to get it done and get out. But they cared about us. And they enjoyed their job too. My son loves to take his bath in the tub. Sometimes moms get busy and they get caught up in everything else. So, it made it a bit easier. We enjoy it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're thrilled to learn about your great experience, Phyllis. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Our experience was phenomenal. I fell at beginning of October and broke my femur and hip. Every PT and OT who has been here has been extremely impressed with the shower. I've demonstrated going in and how wonderful it is. I've never felt so safe. I've even gotten to a point where I can use my squeegee sitting down inside of the glass.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're simply thrilled to learn how much we were able to help, Barbara. Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star experience and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

They were excellent. The tub came in a month earlier than what it was supposed to have been 'cause they didn't have an opening until December. But I got it in November. The installers did the job in one day. They were professional and they did everything they were supposed to do. I'm enjoying my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That's wonderful to hear, Eunicestine! Please keep enjoying your American Standard tub!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

The American Standard sales rep showed us quite a few options before we chose them and the people that came and did the demolition and installed them were excellent also. They called ahead when they were going to be here and then, they had to cancel on the original date because of the supply chain, which was not on them at all. But the second time they called, they came that day and were on time. They were very courteous, professional and good. The quality of work was great as well as the features of the product. We went with the shower and it was much easier for both of us for getting in and out. It was also easy to keep clean. We have the rainfall and the seat was very important for us.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star review, Betty. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

The rep was very nice. He showed us different designs and patterns that we could do. The installer was very experienced but there was a little more involved than what he had planned. Other than that, he did a very good job.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

It pleases us to learn about your great experience with your installation, Tim. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The rep knew what she was talking about and everything worked out great. The quality of the work was great. A couple of the jets were clogged and the techs came back and fixed those. When they did that, they showed me a little more about the features. Everything looks good now.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're happy to hear that we were able to help, Lora. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Ordered a walkin tub/shower for my disabled wife.... Paid the almost $2k deposit. Unfortunately my wife died before installation and American Standard people refused to refund my deposit. A Tad ** refused the refund and claimed to be giving me a "break" by not enforcing the contract we had signed. Legally I have no recourse, but to warn all of you about these people. Do not walk, but run away from these people.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Dennis. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

The rep explained everything and he was really good. The installers were awesome and everything's great. I love everything about my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

It makes us truly happy to learn about your 5-star experience, Dora. Thank you for your being part of the American Standard family!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information