4.06/5
Based on 238 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

248 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2018

I like my American Standard walk-in tub. I learned about it online and I picked them over others since they offer a lifetime warranty. The tub installation went fine and I feel safer using it. I'd tell anyone interested with American Standard to check them out.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Norman! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your tub.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have an American Standard walk-in shower but we are not really satisfied because we were talked into buying it, and it is not exactly what we use. We wanted a simpler one, and we looked for a shower where we can easily walk in and sit down. But we don't use the extra features which are there. They're useless to us. We would have to buy a new water tank to use them and we'd need more water to use them properly. It is perfect for someone who can use it, but we don't use everything that it gives us. I wouldn't recommend it.

Original review: April 12, 2018

American Standard Walk-In Baths' rep was pretty clear and he was a very nice fellow. The installation team did a good job as well. My wife uses the tub more than I do and she likes it. I was well pleased with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Johnnie. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with American Standard. The people who installed it were marvelous. It could not have been better. I had written in, online, saying I was interested. The next thing I knew, someone phoned me and wanted to know more about it like where it had to be installed. I told them to tell me how soon they could do it and then I would be ready. They thought it could be about mid-June but it was somewhat later. They probably had too many people filled in at the same time that I wanted it but it all got done beautifully and I have loved it.

Later on, while the men were installing it, they wanted to know if the toilet arrived and I told them it didn't. They told me to let them know if it did because if they were here, they could install it. Otherwise, they would have to find somebody else. They found somebody who was in my same zip code, but they were some distance away from us. I hadn't heard from the people before but the two that they sent in to do the job were here a very short time, and everything has been splendid.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I’m old enough so I need help. A lady that lives about 10 miles came in and we were both employed with Home Care in this county. She was so wonderful, so I got in touch with her when I got to the point that I needed help because I knew how good she was and I asked her to come and help me and she said she would. So, she came here and my daughter and her husband decided to move in with me because they didn’t think I was able to do it alone in my house and I did not want to leave my house. I wanted to stay here because I love it here and I’ve been here since 1948. She had American Standard Walk-In tub installed and she loved it.

The local plumber said this house was too small and there was no way they could get one of those tubs in here. My daughter said I’m not moving in there unless we had one of those tubs, so we called the salesman and it was okay for him, but he sold us the most expensive one. That disappointed me because we really couldn’t afford $15,000 for that tub. And it never occurred to any of us to ask if they had a little less expensive one. We got a letter in the mail that we could have gotten a thousand dollars back but he wouldn’t budge on that. The person that recommended this tub to us said that if they sold a tub to someone that they recommended it to, they could get a thousand dollars. I called the salesman and he just wouldn’t listen and he said there was no way. I just found out that we’re older and an easy target and they took advantage of that.

I love that tub. I used to hate taking a shower and now with that lovely tub, I have no problem at all, putting my leg over that high tub side and trying to get it situated in there. It took the installers one day to install it. They were extremely efficient and very professional and did a wonderful job. They cut a hole in the bedroom next to the bathroom and slid the tub in there. The only trouble was our water heater isn’t big enough and we can’t afford the $1,800 to get a bigger water heater, so we can’t use the jet tub. But other than that, I’m really happy with it. Everything went well as far as the installation went and I was really pleased with the people who put it in. My experience with American Standard Walk-In Tubs was okay. The people were good and professional. And the lady that comes and helps me says that it was very complimentary of the installation that they did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: April 10, 2018

We were not happy with the process once we signed the papers. The tub was of great quality but our salesman dropped off the face of the earth and there were issues with the different workman, for instance the electrician they contract with I swear was high when he showed up. Later on another project we had to redo all the wiring. Cost us about 1500 on top of what we paid. The products were not explained only the one tub they were pushing at the time. I have long legs and the tub installed was too short and we paid over 12K for a tub that could not get full use out of. There were many construction issues and I won't go into those. The local managers and home office contacts really tried to work out the difficulties. It was just an all around bad experience.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Sorry to hear about this, and thank you for bringing it to our attention, Jodi. The information you provided is important to us and has been shared with the leadership for further review and action where appropriate. We want to assure you that drug usage from any of our contractors is strictly forbidden. Your walk-in bath and the workmanship comes with a limited lifetime warranty. We will reach out directly to follow up with you about any issues you have outstanding.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My American Standard walk-in tub works well and I love it. The sales rep I had did a good job and I liked him too. The installers were good as well but they were not top-notch. They did not make it clear to me that they won't do any painting. I was left to do the painting on the wallboard myself, which was okay, but they didn't tell me at the time.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Everything was okay with American Standard, except that they left a gap in the wall on the seat end of the thing. The people next door on both sides moved out and now, all of a sudden, we had a problem with rats. I had to seal it up to make sure the rats don't come in that way. The main reason we got the tub was for Carol because it was hard for her to climb in and out of the other one. Carol loves the tub, and it's what we expected.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The American Standard team did a terrific job and I’m very pleased with them. I knew that they were a long-time company and that they would be more dependable. There are dealers locally but I decided I would rather deal directly with the company. The salesperson was very nice and very informative as to what options I had and what would fit my budget. I called him one time or two for information and he called me right back. And the installation was amazing. They installed the tub in here at 10:00 that morning and by 5:00, they were through. It’s not hard to get into the tub. Then, I thought I was having some problem so I called and they came and checked it out for me. They made some special trip from South Louisiana up here to do it. I would highly recommend American Standard and I already have told one gentleman.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My husband wanted to get a hot tub from American Standard. Their sales rep was fine and he gave us good customer service most of the time while we were there. We got a leak in our tub, but we couldn't find it. We’ve had someone from our homeowner's insurance come and they said that they couldn’t find the evidence. But our water bill doubled. My husband got to use the tub twice before he passed away, but I've used it too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'd like to look into this experience for you, Ann. American Standard Walk-In Tubs have an exclusive patented door system – which is guaranteed to for the life of tub. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Our American Standard tub is a good one. The installers did well. It was not an easy installation, but they got it in and it works fine. I had it put in for my wife as there is no other way to give her a bath. She has emphysema, and I can’t take her in the shower because she can’t breathe in the steam. I called American Standard two times and tried to get a receipt, but they keep telling me the contract is the receipt. But everything has been fine other than that.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The American Standard Walk-In Tubs sales rep came out here to the house and my husband was in the hospital at that time. I was trying to prepare the house so that he could get around comfortably when he gets home, as far as bathing and stuff. This gentleman was very kind, very informed and just went over everything and answered all our questions. We got it going and got it started. And I'm just enjoying it so much. It's a great product and I'm just enjoying it every day.

When my husband got out of the hospital, he was unable to even walk. And it was just perfect that we could roll into the bathroom, and he could transfer over to the seat that's built into the shower. It's all one piece. It's so nice, clean and pretty, and it has been very helpful. Now, my husband is up and flying. He's made a wonderful recovery. It's been a year and we're just grateful. Now, he's moved on to his bathroom, which is upstairs. I now have my American Standard all for myself and I love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're very pleased to hear your husband has recovered, Audrey and that you are enjoying your tub. Thanks so much for the praise!

Original review: April 7, 2018

American Standard's sales representatives and installation team did good jobs. But we had problems with a few things from the tub and I felt like their customer service was sort of lousy. They didn’t get back to me quickly enough. Still, we are very happy with the product. I’d recommend it.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My husband has Parkinson's and it was hard for him to sit down in a tub. We talked about getting a walk-in tub and it was something he really needed. We got the American Standard walk-in tub and the installers were professional. They went downstairs to make sure the pipes were the way they should. They tested with the water in it and showed us how to work it. It has been a long time since we've had the tub and it has been easy for my husband to get in and out of it. I would recommend American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're happy to hear that your tub is working well for your husband, Karen. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.

Original review: April 6, 2018

American Standard did a good job. I called and asked if they had a shower, and the rep I spoke to was great. They completely rebuilt my bathroom. It was a separate tub shower so, the bathroom had two rooms. The first room was the sink and the toilet, and then the next door was the laundry with the shower. Their job paid off.

Original review: April 5, 2018

American Standard was the company that was able to do the whole modification. They got me in touch with the contractor that did all the room modifications as well as the bathtub. The sales representative was good and the installers were wonderful. The team was really receptive and they called us with any information they needed. I need the bathtub repaired right now though. I had a rat that ate all the hoses and I'm trying to get some parts to get my tub working again. It's gonna be expensive but it's fine 'cause stuff happens. The bathtub is a great device and I would recommend American Standard. If I was gonna get a walk-in tub, I would get theirs.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a walk-in shower while my friend had a walk-in tub and was quite satisfied with it. With the walk-in tub, it's been a lot easier for me to get into the shower. Because previously, I had a jacuzzi tub in there which was very hard for me to step over at age 80. So that made a tremendous difference. Dealing with the in-home sales representative from American Standard was wonderful as well. They took care of what they said that they would take care of and they did it very efficiently. Their customer service is very good too. I had a leak at one point and I called them. They sent somebody to take care of it so that worked out as well. The company stands behind their product and I would recommend them. They're doing a fine job.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Rose. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I liked the American Standard walk-in tub and it looked like it would be so comfortable and a good way to take a bath. I had hesitated about getting this tub for a long time, but then I finally did. The sales rep of American Standard was good and I found him pleasant to deal with. But it took the installers a few days to get the tub installed and it was messy in the house while the installation was going on, but that's about the only gripe I have. The installers were quite courteous and they cleaned up pretty well after themselves. I now have an American Standard walk-in tub, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It's complicated and I have some questions like how do I get the water warm and how do I let the water out. I'd tell people that the American Standard walk-in tub is a little complicated to use and they have to get used to it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Jeanette. We'd be happy to answer any questions you still have. Please give us a call at 855-225-2183 so we can help!

Original review: March 24, 2018 I like the reputation and features of American Standard. I like the handle and the way the door swings in. I'm a tall guy and the room is enough for me. I also like the sit down features and a lot of things for my dad. The sales rep had good information. Also, the main installer was great and his helper was unprofessional.

The helper wasn't doing stuff right and wanted to get home and they got into an argument in my driveway. I had to go out there and say, "Hey, here bring it inside" or "Knock it off. I've got neighbors."

The installation timeframe was met relatively close. It took two to four days. However, there were some features that they did that I don't care for. For instance, the surface around the tub is not angled for water to dip back into the tub. The manager called me to see how it was and I told him about that feature and he said, "Yeah, they've had complaints." They talked to the factory but nothing has been done to correct it. Look for that flaw either in American Standard or another tub if they have redesigned it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had back surgery and my doctor advised me to get a walk-in tub for the healing of my back. The sales representative of American Standard was very nice and helpful. He didn’t really push the walk-in tub that he was selling, but he went over it and talked with us on what it was all about and how much it was. The installers were very knowledgeable and efficient. It took them six hours to install the tub, then it was in and ready to go. They had told us that it would take all day long to install it, but it didn’t take that long. They had to take our old tub out and put the walk-in tub in, and do all the piping. Since the walk-in tub was installed, it has done a good job. It helps my back. My husband has got back problems too and it helps him as well. We love the walk-in tub we got from American Standard and I’d tell people to get one. As a matter of fact, we have already advised several of our friends that have back problems to get one.

Original review: March 22, 2018

American Standard's sales representative did a good job. He explained the product but I had some knowledge of it so it was a little different than with somebody who didn’t know about American Standard or about the tub itself. I was amazed at how good the installers were. They had a small tight spot to put the tub in and they got it in there and sealed it up and did a great job. The only thing is I'm getting some odor out of it. And I don’t understand why that's the case. If we don’t bathe in it in three days, it's like the trap may be drying out and letting the gas in. Other than that, I knew what to expect and American Standard lived up to it. I had a good experience. The tub was more for my wife than for me. She uses it a lot more than I do and it works out really well for her.

Original review: March 21, 2018

American Standard was a little cheaper than other bathtub companies. However, when the salesman came, we did not want the toilet for $500. So, we told him, "Eliminate it." But, then, when the installers came, we decided we wanted it. So, they called him and told him we wanted it. Then, they said it will be in the next day. But, we never got it. Somebody goofed somewhere. We called them but nothing happened. So, we just forgot about it and kept the old one. But the installers worked very well. The doors were bigger and it was on one floor. They said everything worked out for them, and they got it. They put a little extra time in and finished it one day. So, that was good. However, the caulking was breaking loose in different places around the tub. But they said everything was guaranteed.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I knew about American Standard because we had a toilet fixture in our house in Florida replaced with an American Standard toilet. We were having trouble with all the other toilet fixture brands and the plumber advised us to get an American Standard toilet, which we did, and it functions perfectly. I saw ads about the walk-in tubs of three different companies, but I remembered our experience with the American Standard toilet fixture, so I decided to get the American Standard walk-in tub. In addition, I researched and found that the American Standard walk-in tub empties within two minutes. That’s important because the tubs of the other companies are slow in emptying. They brag that their tubs have a heater, but they need a heater because you’ll freeze to death waiting for the water to get out of the tub.

I’m a sales trainer by profession and the sales representative of American Standard was very professional. He certainly knew the product. He reassured us of the weight and the features of the tub, which I had known anyway, but he did this in a gentle way and he wasn’t pushy. The installers were excellent. They were extremely diligent and worked arduously. They had some problems with the electrical connections and they went out and bought extra circuit breakers. There were some tiles that had to be removed and they replaced these carefully. We enjoy the tub and I would recommend American Standard to anyone. In fact, I've talked to a lady who was about to buy something called a step-in tub and I told her not to do that.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Went thru online site. I asked for a home visit to ensure that tub would fit my tiny bath. California call center responded and set up time. Said another agent would call to confirm. The call to confirm came; agent was rude, pushy and demanded information that is none of American Standard's business! First I was put on hold for a long time and then she came back again demanding the information. The second time she hung up without canceling appointment. I was home waiting for the rep to show up. Needless to say, I was furious. My time is valuable and I could have been attending to other business. The robot calls also are a great annoyance. I won’t recommend or spec American Standard; I’m retired but still do a lot of business. I’m not applying for a credit card, insurance, etc. I’m buying a tub and toilet! I think your policy needs to be re-done. Personal information is just that! Calls were on Wed March 7.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I kept putting off walk-in tub companies and then when the next one came in, I did it because it says American Standard. The sales representative was hard-nosed but so was I. She brought the price down a little. But I wish I would have waited and got a couple of other estimates from other companies too. I'm handicapped, that's why I bought the damn tub.

During the installation, they took off my doorway and they had to cut into it and it didn’t leave a very pretty sight when they were done and over with it. They screwed up the doorway and I don't like how they painted. And they cut all the stuff out and put the tub in. The tub was narrower than the bathtub that I had. And they left a big gaping hole. That did not make me happy because one could look right down under my house and that meant any varmints that ever climbed under my house could be up in there and would get in my bathroom. I was afraid to go in the bathroom for fear I'd find a critter there that's going to get me. I have hardwood floors and I could see right down to the dirt under my house and the raised foundation.

And on the end of the tub, they should put things where water doesn’t go down on the floor all the time. I got this water problem when I'm showering. Water goes along the length of the tub next to the wall and in the back. I've never liked that ever since I've had the tub and I've had the tub for a long time now. I'm not satisfied. I like the tub but I don’t like the workmanship that they went through getting it done.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I called American Standard and a rep came by. My walk-in tub was installed in two days and everything went pretty good. But there were a couple little details here that I didn’t catch when they left and it wasn’t 100% finished. They had to cut into the doorframe, take that out to get the tub in then put it back. Around the bottom, it was not sealed off like it should have been. But it was not all that bad so I didn't call them back out. I haven’t even bothered to do that myself. The tub is better to use and I like it. It's easier to get in to and it works fine. It fills in a hurry and drains pretty quick. At my age, it’s getting a little bitty shaky standing up in the shower. I’ve been satisfied with American Standard and I would recommend them. I’ve even used their commodes for a long time.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I was in the military for 24 years active duty. In almost every bathroom I walked in, or latrine as they call it, had American Standard products in it. Urinals, commodes, sinks, and faucets. And so, for 24 years, I saw nothing but American Standard on the base. And, finally, when I decided to go looking, I immediately went out on the internet and dialed up walk-in tubs and looked at several of the others. And then, I went back to American Standard and looked at it and said, "That's the one."

Their rep came from San Diego and I live 200 miles from San Diego. And she drove up. She got here one night about 5:30. We spent about an hour and a half. She took pictures of my jacuzzi tub where it was going to be removed and the walk-in tub placed. And then, she left. And I got a call that said, "Okay. This is the date we're set up to do it." The foreman showed up with four workers. He went off to get some tile. They got here at quarter to 9:00 in the morning. They left at 5:30, completely done. They built a wooden frame for it because it was taller than my other tub and set it in place. Framed it, tiled it and showed me how to use it and said goodbye.

I'm 78, going to be 79 soon and my body is not as flexible. And I only play golf once a week. So, the day after golf I'm usually a little stiff. I use it after playing golf. I will go in and sit in a hot tub with water swirling around. And then, I'll feel better. One of the main reasons we also bought it was my wife had back surgery and a hip surgery a few years apart. And she uses it too.

It's an excellent product. I love the fact that it has a vacuum. It has a rapid draining system that you don't have to sit and wait for the water to drain normally. It evacuates very quickly. And then, you can open the door and step out, the last little water runs out. It's very good about that. So, after you sit there for a while, and you're starting to turn into a prune, you can get up and get out. However, it was a little more than I expected to pay. But I didn't mind paying for it. It has proved its worth. I have also recommended it to about 15 friends.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was worried about my wife falling, so I got a walk-In tub from American Standard and I didn't like to get if from anybody else. The installation team did fine. We spoke and we said hello, and then we said goodbye. I like the tub that we got from American Standard. It's a great addition.

Original review: March 9, 2018 I saw American Standard Walk-in Baths on TV and I thought I’d call them because I have a lot of leg problems. And they said it was good for your legs and the circulation, which it is. It is amazing. The installation team were great. I was kind of crippled at that time and they helped me out a lot. They did a really good job.

But the first time was screwed up and then they came back and fixed it. The tub used a lot of water but I can move around good and I’d like not come out of there. But I have a slight problem with the tub. I can only use one item on it at a time or it blows to GFI. The GFI keeps going and the last time they came out, it didn’t solve the problem. So I don’t know what the deal is with it and some kind of mold is in the light that I can’t get out. It’s about to rain and I'm feeling the effects of the weather in my knees.When that starts, I’ll jump in that tub and the hot water and it's awesome.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I did a bit of research and I liked American Standard Walk-In Tub better. The sales rep was very informative and when I asked him what I needed to know, he answered me. The installation team was very professional. They got in, did what they had to do and then left. I'm very satisfied with American Standard. It's a nice tub and it's now easier to take a shower or a bath.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information