2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.5/5 (334 ratings)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available

Cons

• Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Bottom Line

American Standard’s walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep-soak and massage models. It provides installation with the purchase of a walk-in bath. Features include chromotherapy and self-cleaning.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: April 10, 2021

We scheduled American Standard to come out and talk to us. The young man who came was knowledgeable, pleasant, and polite. The installers were very professional and polite. They worked in a timely manner and finished up sooner than we had expected. The tub that the walk-in tub replaced was triangular-shaped. In order to cover up the tile work and not have to have a tile person come in and do additional work, the installers moved it out further from the wall so it takes up a lot more space than I anticipated, but it's fine. It feels really good to be able to get in and soak in a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the great feedback, Ann. Enjoy your new tub!

Original review: April 9, 2021

We got the too big a tub for our bathroom the first time. When the peopled tried to install it, they couldn't get it in. The rep did some measurements wrong. Then he finally got us right then. The installers were here for a day and they've done pretty well. I'm satisfied with it. There's just one part I don’t like. Back where they put the cabinet in the back of it doesn't drain the water out of it if the tub had too little movement. Where the water would run off, head back into the tub, it'd be better when you take a shower. But my wife likes it. She said it relaxes her.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'll look into this for you, Leon.

Original review: April 8, 2021

The installers were very fast. It was supposed to be a two-day job and they got it done in less than a day. They were out by 3 o'clock. The salesman said that it would be paint-ready, but it's not what I'd consider to be one. Then the trimming around the door is not really good. But as fast as they put it, and as fast as they got the wiring done, this is to be expected. I'm going to look at it a little bit more, but I may need to go in and just replace some of the trim around the door. However, the tub fits in there very well, it was a good finish.

My wife can go in the tub and take a bath by herself. I tried to tell her not to unless I'm in the house, but she does, and she seems to get in and out all right, so that's good. I used it one time and nothing's coming out on one of the jets down on the bottom. I've been wanting to call somebody about that. My wife doesn't care about it, but for what we paid for, it ought to work.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Arlie. We'll also look into this for you.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Sometimes, the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. After going through two sales reps, they finally got it figured out to make sure I was taken care of. It took me from October until last month to finally get the product in and get it installed. There was a whole bunch of delays, but it got worked out. American Standard has great installers who are very nice and professional, and the tub seems to be A-OK, especially for elderly people.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Robin!

Original review: April 2, 2021

The project manager for the job was extremely nice. The installation was a bit hairy because there was a water leakage but they cleaned it up very well. They worked really hard but they need a little more help making the job look professional. They said they didn't move the toilet but they did to get the tub in the bathroom. You could tell because the caulking around the bottom of it was new. It was kind of a little messy but not enough to make them take it out and do it over again. My sister was happy that she had gotten the walk-in tub and and she did like using it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for providing this feedback, Elizabeth. We will pass this along to our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I am one of 50 million Americans with chronic pain and my pain management doctor recommended hydrotherapy, just as the pandemic began. I contacted American Standard and a competitor, unfortunately choosing American Standard because of the advertised functionality of the tub with jets at the wrist to address the carpal tunnel diagnosis. Suffice it to say the salesman misrepresented key points about which I specifically asked (acceptance of health insurance, ability to use Epsom salts, contract, etc.).

I had the initial estimate in April and my tub, finally installed in October. Began to leak one month later. The repair team, located in Texas, took over a week to dispatch a repair professional and here almost 3 months later my ceiling still hasn’t been repaired from the leak, which was fixed and then they only dispatched a repairperson after I contacted their corporate office. Shoulda, woulda gone with the competition and alas, hindsight... It’s great to have the tub and even though American Standard advertises a lifetime warranty on parts AND labor, it’s not been, for me, as promised. I would LOVE to get my ceiling repaired from the water damage, exhausted from dealing with their stonewalling.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I was impressed when the representative came out and discussed the product with me. Then the installers were here when they said they would be here. The older gentleman who was responsible and his helper were both were very professional did a very good job. I got the tub mainly for my wife because she has dementia. They’re easy to access, in and out and I also like the jets.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased to hear this, Ray. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family.

Original review: March 30, 2021

American Standard had a special deal going. They give pretty much the same price as everybody else but they threw in a special toilet. Their sales representative explained everything very clearly. The installers showed up one time and they went right to work. They were good about cleaning up after themselves and they took out the old tub. I was very impressed with the installation. There’s a couple of grab bars on it and I've had the seat put in. It's much easier for me now. I like the convenience and the safety, more of the safety as much as anything 'cause I've got balance problems at this point in my life.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're happy everything went according to plan. Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family, Stanley!

Original review: March 29, 2021

The communication from American Standard was poor in the sense that they never really confirmed the date of installation until two days prior and that was unacceptable. But these two fellows from Serbia who came out to do the installation were excellent. I was concerned with the floor and they put the pads down so that none of the equipment or the shoes would scuff the floor.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for providing this feedback, Lloyd. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I had my shower ripped out and replaced by something that looks like it came out of a Hyatt Regency. I would recommend it to anybody that wants a super fine shower.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family. Enjoy your new shower, Gordon!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information