2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.6/5 (336 ratings)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available

Cons

• Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Bottom Line

American Standard’s walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep-soak and massage models. It provides installation with the purchase of a walk-in bath. Features include chromotherapy and self-cleaning.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

The salesman that came out was a dream. He was such a nice guy. It was a real pleasant experience and I knew I was gonna get the tub. He made it very relaxing. When the tub was installed, it was comical. My house is super small. So it was a bitch getting the tub in. I've got this gigantic dog but he was in his kennel and giving the guys a hard time and they were teasing him. It was a riot. It was a good time. I love my tub. It's wonderful. It's terrific to just open the door and jump out of my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

It's wonderful to hear about your great experience, Elin. Thank you for sharing your review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The installers were excellent. They took about a day and a half, but the half a day was just finishing up the detailing. We love the tub. I like the ease of getting in and out, and not having to step over a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi William, thank you for sharing your awesome experience. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The sales representative was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. He did a good job of picking out what we wanted and putting an order in for that. It was a good experience. The installation team was excellent. They were professional. They took care of issues that came up. They were more than pleasant to talk to, and very courteous. So far, we’re quite pleased with the quality of the tub. The tub is appealing to the eye. It's really nice. It was a very good experience all the way around. We will call upon the same group of people to do it again if we have to do something else.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are extremely happy to hear about your experience, Lawrence! Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The sales rep explained everything well. The installation went well. The installers were very clean and pleasant. They explained everything before they installed the tub. Since using the tub, some of the pain that I had in my legs have improved.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear you are enjoying your new tub, Antone! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The installer was there early and went to work. He didn’t have stuff all over the house and he was in and out. He was professional about it. I liked the look of the tub and the easy in, easy out. And not much maintenance. However, it might have a small leak. When my baby was up there taking a bath, and I was down up under her in the other room, it was a little leak. I didn’t want to have American Standard out on a small leak, but I didn’t want to plaster up the hole either just yet. Other than that, I recommended American Standard. I told him, “Hey, here’s the number. If you’re interested in it, these are the people right here.”

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the amazing review, Anthony! We are happy that you are now part of the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The sales guy really had it together. He was a hell of a salesman. They only sent one guy that had to do the installation and he was pretty good. The tub relaxes real good. But it was awful damn expensive. $15,808 is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Jim! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The installation crew who did my American Standard walk-in tub was nice and really good. They showed me how everything worked. The only thing that was funny was the finance company never sent me any paperwork and I had to call American Standard to find out who was doing that. Other than that, I’m enjoying my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Steve! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

American Standard has more jets, it had a lifetime warranty, and we liked the price. My husband enjoys the jets on our American Standard because he's the one that has the bad back. So, we wanted the jets. I still use a shower. He has arthritis in his back, so he needed to soak once in a while when it's really sore. He doesn't have flare ups everyday, thank God. There was a misunderstanding over the walls. The tub was fine, but we thought it included the walls. It wasn't included in the price. It was a misunderstanding. So, we’re not upset. We got it worked out. The installation was very quick. They did a great job.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Darla! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The installation went very, very well. I like the installation crew. They were very good, quick and knowledgeable with what they were doing. It was a very good experience with those two guys. The shower fits in right where my old bathtub used to be and it's great. The quality is excellent.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Stephen! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I was thinking about getting a walk-in bathtub, but then I changed my mind and got a walk-in shower because of the price. The shower was a few thousand cheaper and I like it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Charles! We hope you will enjoy your new shower!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The tub's features are okay, and the installers were great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're happy to hear about your positive experience, Gwendolyn. Thank you for your review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The installation was really good. The installers were very professional and the tub looks great. It was a wonderful and very professional experience. The tub helped me with a lot of aches and pains in the lowest part of my body. It's also helped out a lot with the new knee.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Ann! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

American Standard's rep knew what he was talking about as far as the product. But there was a little confusion on the contract afterwards. I expected a certain showerhead and the rep told me that it was there. When it came time to do the installation, it wasn't on the contract. But the installer went ahead and put it in so everything was fine. I like being able to get in and out of the tub.

The only thing that would be negative is I'm still waiting for my shower curtain rod because they put in a big bow one and I didn't like it because I couldn't open the door to the bathroom. The installer said he would be back within a week but it has been three months now. I contacted the installer and he said he would get back to me and I'm sure he has been busy. Also, the base surface of the shower is slicker than snot. I have Parkinson's and I almost fell a couple times on it. Otherwise, I love it. It's just what I needed.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hello Terry. Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you mention. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The reps were fine and the installation was perfect.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Joe! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I got bids from three different companies, and American Standard's was the most reasonable for what I would get. I have one issue with the installation. But that was just that the door that the installers put in did not fit correctly. So, I had to do some adjustments to it myself to finally make it work right. I would have preferred they left it working correctly. Other than that, the tub works really well. It does everything they promised as far as fill and empty times, and it has proven to be therapeutic.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your review, Linda. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The installation was fine. The tub is very comfortable. But the shower control, where it goes from one showerhead to the other showerhead, pulls right out and it comes off in your hand. So I've had to put it back about three times.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Joe! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

American Standard's reps were wonderful and they knew what they were doing. They came that morning and they started their work. They really put time on the installation and at the end of it, they explained things to us. They took us in the bathroom and told us how the walk-in bath worked. The workmanship was A1, too. I like the jets and everything about the tub. If I had to do over, there's nothing that I would change. I had a friend that was thinking about getting one and I told her, that she'd love American Standard. I also told her that after they get the tub, it just takes one day to work it up.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, Betty. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I called them up, and the guy came to the house. He was very nice and he gave me a detailed price. So I took it. The installation was fantastic. The guys came to put the carpet down. They stripped everything down right to the bathroom through the front door and carried it out. They even have their own dumpster at the guy's house, so they took all the garbage away. When they got it all done, we didn't have to even vacuum. There was nothing on the floor at all. They did a wonderful job. I highly recommend them to anybody. I like the handrails and not having to clean the tub up all the time. You don't have to clean anything after you take a shower because it just all dries up beautifully with no spots. American Standard is the greatest.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, George! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I love the American Standard walk-in bath. But when you first buy the tub, they show it to you and had you step in and out of the doorway, and there was no way you would have known ahead of time how high the stepping was. It was a problem, even with the rail on the side. And the little step that we got had an additional charge. So it would have been nice had they offered the step to go with it because that started presenting a challenge getting in and out of the tub itself.

Aside from that, the bottom was very slippery. So we called and they sent us more of the treads. We ended up putting those on and it’s better now. The jets were a problem as well. I had those things on and all of a sudden, the water came from my back up. The water came on me and all over my bathroom. I didn’t know what was going on. And I could not find that thing first that do just the legs. I found it on the side and I turned it down. Maybe they should give people little videos where they could show them what will happen if they turned on the jets. Also, the other bathtub I had in Texas had a little curtain on it and nothing could go out. But with the American Standard, we didn't get any curtain. Other than that, the workmanship on it was high quality.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your review, Hilde and Barbara. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

The sales technician and the installation crew were good. They did what they said they were gonna do. American Standard wasn't able to get to me as they had originally promised, but this was not in their control. Because of the pandemic, things didn't go as planned as far as items being shipped on time. But they did keep me abreast of what was going on, and once they received the correct tub, they reached out to me and set up a date.

The installer went a little bit above and beyond. The door of the original tub that was brought out turned the wrong way. He pointed it out to us that over time, we would not be satisfied with the way that the direction of the door was swinging. He suggested to take that tub back and order another one that would properly do what we wanted to do over time. He didn't have to do that, but he explained it. Before they left, he had me and my wife come together and he demonstrated everything.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Howard! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

The sales rep of American Standard was very nice. He talked me into it and before I knew it, I was scheduled for a month later. All of a sudden, Joseph and his crew were in Bluffton. He called me and said, “We can go right over there this afternoon.” The installation was awesome. The crew was absolutely fantastic. They put up with me sticking my nose in the bathroom to see what they were doing. They were really great. They did the majority of the work that first half a day and then they came back the next day to put in the shower doors.

I'm in love with my shower. I went in it and my husband said, “Are you still there?” I said, “Leave me alone. I'm sitting on my bench and I'm enjoying myself.” I cried when they gave me a price and I said, “You want all my savings.” It was a little expensive. But in my eyes, it was well worth every bit of it. I just love the way they did it. I am very satisfied. It's the best shower head you'll ever buy. I give it an A-plus all the way around the board.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the amazing review, Jo! We are happy that you are now part of the American Standard Family!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

We had five different estimates. American Standard was not the cheapest, but we thought their product was the best. The installer was very professional and did a wonderful job. I really love the tub. It's allowing me to take a bath without worrying about it. The only thing is with half your body out of the water, it can be a little chilly. Other than that, it drains and fills up very quickly. The jets are wonderful. I'm very happy with the product. It's given me some freedom and I feel a lot safer. It's a very expensive project, but if it keeps me in my home longer then I'm a happy person.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Maureen! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

The American Standard rep was great. She answered all the questions. She showed it to us in a very positive, educated way. The installers explained a little bit before they even started. A couple of times while they were working on it, they came to me and told me certain things. I was very satisfied with the installation. They cleaned up really well. But they should have vacuumed the floor because there were a lot of little shard pieces around.

However, I have a 40-gallon tank and I have to let the water be as hot as possible so that I get as much water in there as possible. They should have a 50-gallon tank here for this tub. Now, I have to put out another $800 for another heater. But the drain time is fantastic for the amount of water it has to get rid of. It's also very comfortable to sit in. At my age, I didn't think I would use it ‘cause I like the shower. But I realize, for an older person, it's great because you don't have any chance of falling. To me, that's the premium feature about it. The aromatherapy is a big fraud though. I never smell anything in there. But the jets are nice. The light is nothing as far as I'm concerned.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Bert! We appreciate your feedback as we always try to improve our customers' experience!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

American Standard is very easy and convenient to use. It's nicely made. It’s well worth it. It’s a wonderful product.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Nancy! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We looked at several different companies and American Standard seemed to have the most features and they were the most easily accessible. We very much like the idea of the door opening out and the heater, and the other things that American Standard has as a standard. The way American Standard works is that the company that sells you the item does the installation. So you're not working with two different entities and that is extremely important. Their customer service was very efficient and helpful. We appreciated the care they took to explain what was going on with the item. The installation was done in one day. It couldn't have been better. The cleanup was excellent and the walk-in tub looked great when it was installed.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Richard! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Once the sales rep came, he really knew his business. The installers were a husband and wife team and they were not messy at all. They were loud but I never begrudged them that. That’s how they communicate with one another. So I just shut my door and kept working. I like that with my American Standard, I can have a total body massage within the privacy of my own home.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We always love to hear from our customers, Kathleen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We have always bought American Standard commodes and we have always had good luck with them. We love our sales rep and installer who was as neat as he could be. The fact that the tub is something that is aiding in the bathing thing is a big deal. Because I was having difficulty getting in and out of the shower and a bit of trouble with my balance because of different health things I have going on. So I feel safe in my tub. I'm able to sit and bathe, and I love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Sharon! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The installers did a good job and they were fast. In hindsight, I would not do some of the things, like the seat. It is not safe and it's small. So, when I sit down, it bounces. My husband weighs 300 pounds so he would never sit on that seat 'cause it's only situated for 250. There should be a handrail so that I could steady myself when I stand up. Also, with the flooring, the edge of the base is only about an inch tall so it's way too easy for water to go over the edge. If there was a problem with the drainage, like how it's a little slow in the wintertime, water would easily go over the edge. That edge should be at least three inches.

Other than that, I love the rain head on the shower. It's very soothing. But it's very difficult to find the right shower curtain. We had to look at several places. I had to get online to get a shower curtain. 'Cause they put the thing way up high that you hang your shower curtain from. We had to buy like a 92-inch length shower curtain, where normally it's 70 for your bathtub. And I had to get down on the floor and pin it up because it was just a little too sloppy and too long. So then I had to shorten it. I'm a seamstress and I can do that but most people would have a sloppy shower curtain which would not be good.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We truly appreciate your feedback, Mary! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I liked the sales pitch about the tub. The installation took two days. They had to move the pipes around for the tub to fit properly. Then they said that my electric box outside was out of date so they had to put in a new box for me to make it up to code. They included all that in the price. I absolutely love my tub. I love the jets. I can put the jets on my feet or wherever it hurts. It's great. I also love the lights. They change colors and it’s really pretty.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Kathy! we are really happy to hear about your overall experience!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The American Standard rep came to the house and looked at my layout. He proposed a particular tub that he thought would work for me. He offered me a couple of discounts. And I said, “Yeah, let's do it.” One of the big selling points for me that other companies didn't offer was installation. And if you have American Standard install it, then they guarantee it. Other companies, you buy it from them, you have your plumber install it, and there's a problem, they would say, “Well, that's your installation. That's not us.” So I wanted the whole thing done by them. And that's what I got. Because the tub was going into an existing home, there were some questions that I had that my plumber and electrician also had. The installer was so helpful. He even got back to me when he was on vacation to talk to me. They did a great job. I tried the tub once and it was awesome. I can’t wait to use it again.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Eve! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information