Call toll free
4.14/5
Based on 350 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Standard upholds a longstanding history of excellence. For over 140 years, we have been a leader in providing bathroom product solutions. Through our quality engineering and innovation, we help our customers preserve their safety, comfort, and independence. Our walk-in baths come equipped with a RevitaJet™ hydrotherapy system, Quick Drain® system, and 44 strategically placed air and water jets for the ultimate in therapeutic comfort. We also offer a lifetime warranty for the tub, installation, and labor. With a strong legacy to support us, we raise the standard for all walk-in tub needs. Contact us today.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

361 American Standard Walk-in Baths Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2018

My mother had dementia and we got American Standard Walk-in Baths so we could put her into the bathtub and lock her in there and bathe her with the handheld shower. My daddy is 6’5” so I had to buy a tub that they referred to as the “Big Boy” and it was $7000. It is the biggest that they make and I bought it directly from American Standard. The product is good but their customer service is pathetic and I’m so disgusted with them right now. When we were building a house, I didn’t wanna schedule installers when the house is not yet ready so I had my own plumber put it in. And when my mom died, my dad said that the house they were in was too big for him. So we moved him and the same plumber pulled the tub out and moved it to the next house.

For about six months we didn’t have problems then all of a sudden, the jets of the tub quit working for no reason. I called American Standard and they told me that because we did not have their people install and uninstall the tub they couldn't help me. I said that I still have a $7000 bathtub that cannot be used and I was willing to pay one of their repair people to come out and fix it. They still didn’t help me. The rep suggested that I talk to my plumber so I called my plumber. The plumber had limited knowledge on how the tubs works and he extinguished everything he knew. I called other plumbers but they didn’t work on American Standard.

So I got a bit savvy and started looking at it myself. I used to work on my own car so I’m not totally inept but when I looked under the tub, I said that it really looks like a hot tub. So I called a number of people that work on hot tubs and pool people but all of them were telling me that they don’t work on those machines so I let it sit. I’m a retired medical social worker and an untrained person but I still got the gray matter between the ears so I started looking at it. I started breaking it down and figured out that it simply was not getting power but I didn’t know what I’m looking at. I started pulling random pieces out. I called American Standard directly and got hooked up with my area representative. Then I gave her the part numbers and she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about because there was no correlation between her computer and the people that make it. So I told her that I was gonna go ahead and start piece by piece.

It seemed that all the pieces and parts have a lifetime warranty on them. So as an untrained individual, I called and requested pieces and parts. One of the motors that I have requested is $500 and they sent me the wrong part so I called them. I told them that I’ll be sending everything back to them as I have the original packing slip and box. They said that they don’t need it back and I can keep the part. It seemed that this was a common practice with American Standard. Then, I called my local plumbing company called Coburn’s and I asked them if they do American Standard and they said yes. I asked them if somebody could fix my tub.

Eight months elapsed and I have a $7000 bathtub that does not work. It can be filled but it does not work and it is not doing what it’s supposed to do. The gal at Coburn’s, who was the person who has a constant repertoire with American Standard people, got the same runaround that if they didn’t install the tub, they can’t help. Finally, the girl asking the correct questions and working the system finally got American Standard to say that they used a company in New Orleans before to work on some of their warranty but it was not gonna be covered under warranty. The entire time I was telling them that I will pay and I’m about an hour away from New Orleans.

American Standard’s customer service sucks. They said, “All we do is pick up the phone and we look on the Yellow Pages and we’ll just find a plumber.” But it was not that simple. If my parents did not live in the same town as me, they would have been absolutely screwed. I hope my concern gets to the right people and if it gets to the right people, I’ll be more than happy to talk to them.

HI Emily,

We would like to address your concerns with our customer service escalation team. I would like to make this a priority. If you can we will be reaching out ASAP to address the concerns

Original review: July 24, 2018

I was looking for a walk-in tub and I looked at some others, but what I liked about American Standard was that it’s lifetime guaranteed. The rep was good and the installation went great. They did an excellent job and I was very pleased. I would definitely recommend them.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Nothing makes us happier than a great feedback from satisfied customers, Laura! Thank you for your recommendation!

Original review: July 23, 2018

We looked at a few walk-in tub companies and had other representatives come by. Then, we chose American Standard. We had a very positive experience with their rep and we were surprised at how quick and efficient their installers were. It was really well done and American Standard should keep doing what they are doing. We also recommended them to others.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for choosing American Standard, Carl, and for recommending us to your friends! Welcome to the family!

Original review: July 23, 2018

The in-home sales representative was a good salesman, and he gave all the details I needed. The installation team was good and polite, too. They had to manage it into a small room, and they got it there fairly quickly. It's easy to get in the tub and it's so safe.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Billie. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: July 22, 2018

A lady came out and visited me and showed me what American Standard walk-in tub was all about, including what kind of parts were put in it. I already had one guy come out and he was not as thorough as she was and he acted like he was in a big hurry. It was probably comparable to that other guy except that I got a nice toilet and American Standard did my door. They made it a 28-inch opening and reframed it. They worked all day and I am just grateful that I have it. The guy told me how to clean it, and I keep scrubbing bubbles on the back of that bathtub and whenever I let the water out, I start scrubbing bubbles and stand up and go down the way and wash the door and and it's just perfect. My tub has the air jets and the other jets. I fill it up and I just sit there and let it run all over. It's very nice.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

That is simply music to our ears to read such a tremendous review, Jean! Thank you so much for your recommendation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: July 21, 2018

The sales reps at American Standard were fine and their customer service was very good. I wanted something more comfortable and that would be easier for me, and the tub I got is very comfortable and relaxing. It also cleans itself. Of course, I wipe it down but I'm satisfied with it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are very pleased to hear you were satisfied with the sales and installation experience, Corinne. Thank you so much for choosing American Standard and becoming part of the family!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I went with American Standard for the price and I got the best deal for the walk-in tub that I got from them. The in-home sales rep was very personable and he went over everything thoroughly, and we were satisfied. But our experience with the installation team was not that good. They nicked up the walls quite a bit. They widened the door, although they didn’t think they had to, and they never put in a ledge between the two rooms. Nevertheless, the overall quality of the tub is very good.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I like everything that I was seeing on American Standard tubs and the fact that they are American-made. The sales rep who came was very knowledgeable on the product. Then, the installation of the walk-in tub was very well done and finished. And the guy who did that was very nice while he was here. I enjoy my walk-in tub and American Standard would be my choice if I had to choose again.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for the wonderful praise, Pat. We are so happy to hear you had a smooth installation experience and have been enjoying your walk-in tub.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We started looking at websites and different companies and we decided to go with American Standard due to the years of personal service we've had with other products under them. Our interactions with the sales rep went well. He came like he said and explained all the features with American Standard as opposed to a couple of other companies, their warranty, and the track record that the companies had.

The installation process was done in one to two days. They got everything removed, almost installed the first day, and did some touch up the first few hours of the second day. It was done and clean and looks really well. It has the shower and the handle, so my mother uses it to bathe and as a spa to relax. Everybody that we dealt with at American Standard was professional. The people they contracted with to install did a great job and cleaned up, and there was no mess at all. I'd definitely recommend them.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Reading your review makes us really proud and happy! Thank you for sharing your experience with our installation team. We are positive you will have a lot of fun using our bathtub on a daily basis!

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I were in our 70s and getting an American Standard walk-in tub seemed like a really good thing to do. We also wanted to take our old tub out and remodel our bathroom a little anyway. So we thought that it might be our opportunity to put a new tub in. The American Standard team was very enjoyable to have here as well. They told us exactly what the tub was going to do for us, what they were going to do and how many days the walk-in tub would take to install. And they did a really good job. They took the toilet out to get it out of the way and they put cardboard down on the floor and on the sink top. They were very careful about protecting everything that I had there.

The walk-in tub is pretty and it has the big white sides. I went to Home Depot and bought one of those stick-on gizmos so I have a scene back there and it’s the first thing you see when you walk into the bathroom. My bathroom is an aqua color and it matches perfectly. I get a lot of compliments on how pretty the bathroom is. But one thing that we didn't anticipate was that we had to put in a second hot water tank. It takes a lot of water to fill the tub and it didn’t take us long to figure out that we didn’t have enough water to give ourselves a complete bath.

The second tank was a bit of an expense but we never run out of hot water either so it’s all good. And by using just the bottom half, I don’t have to ever worry anyway. I am still agile enough that I close the door on the tub and squat down in it so it’s like a little Japanese hot tub for me. I just fill it enough to where the bottom jets work and I scrunch down in there. I absolutely love it. I also like the shower head and I like being able to rinse off afterward. We’ve got a beautiful shower in our other bedroom but I never use it. I always take my bath in the walk-in tub.

My husband had leukemia and has since passed away. But I was really glad that we had the tub. He couldn’t take a bath in the walk-in tub because he would have had to be in there quite a while. But he was able to get in there, sit, use the shower part and give himself a good bath rather than having to stand in the other shower which he wasn’t strong enough for. The walk-in tub worked really good for him.

I almost thought that I had made a mistake by putting the walk-in tub in because if I was ever to sell here, it might be a downer that we don’t have an actual tub anymore. We have a shower and then the walk-in. But it’s fun for everybody. My little great-grandsons love it. They get down in the little tub part and they like the lights and the bubbles. I also always tell my friends that having a walk-in tub is the best thing they can do for themselves. It’s a great thing to have when we get older.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience, Joleen. We're thrilled to hear you and your great-grandsons have been enjoying your walk-in tub. And we really appreciate you recommending us to your friends. Thank you!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I saw American Standard advertised on TV and I know they've been making toiletries and bathtubs for years. They have the long-term experience and they’re reliable also. The sales rep wasn't pushy or didn't try to dunk the product on me. He was very understanding and professional. The installer was great as well. He came in and was done within a couple of days. So far I’m very satisfied with the tub and I haven't had a moment’s problem out of it. Having it relieves a lot of problems if you’re older and you can’t lift your legs up. It’s easy getting in and out, it functions well and it’s reliable.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your kind words, Henry. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I purchased a Liberation walk-in tub less than a year ago. 4 months ago, I had some issues with electronics and massage control on tub. I described as best I could on phone what the problems were and they sent parts to my house and technician fixed the one issue but wrong part was sent for 2nd issue which is the Legs only (Jet Massage & Dual Massage) control knob and innards which blew out of the tub while I was using and sprayed water all over. The technician said he never saw this happen before, took a picture, sent to office and said it would take about 4 weeks for the part. So, this means I can’t use my tub until the parts arrive.

Well, today was the 6th attempt at installing the phantom part, which today was a handheld shower wand! Yes, 6th time And I am still without a tub! Think I’m a little upset? He took pictures again, how many more times before this gets fixed right? I am so upset I don’t even know what to do. The technicians feel the same way, and apologize but how can it be wrong 6 times? Please advise me what to do, I have looked for the part on the internet myself but don’t have a number just the description out of the installation manual.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We had a garden tub that was big and nice but my husband had fallen in it twice while trying to get in and out of it. I was scared of him getting hurt so I went with the big, stand-up tub. He’s not wheelchair-bound but he can’t get around good. There was a guy on TV and I called that company. A guy came out here and wanted $20,000. I gave them $1,000 deposit but then I talked to my son and he said half of it was for installation. He told me that I could get out of that and he would install it for me so I called and canceled the order.

I looked at my husband’s VFW book and they had American Standard’s 800 number there. I called and told the representative what I was looking for. He said they had it and that they would ship it. He said that it would be $5,000 and I asked how we were gonna do it. He got my debit card number and said that when we get the tub signed for, he would use my debit card and take the $5,000 out of our account. And that was what he did. So it worked out really for me since I can’t go out and get a lot of things. I’ve got to order them.

American Standard shipped the tub right out, along with a couple of panels so we can hide the front end part of it if we want to. But it worked fine for us. My son put it in the place of the garden tub and everything works just like they said it would. It’s also got the same qualities as the one that the other guy wanted all the money for. The only thing I don’t like about it is my husband’s got a big belly and he has a hard time shutting the door. He can get in but he’s got to turn around, put one foot up on the stool, and turn in order to get the door shut. But he loves the tub. He just crawls in, fills it up, turns the noise on and enjoys it for a while. He shaves and fixes his hair there then he just showers off since we got a spray nozzle on too. Then he starts emptying the tub and he’s done.

The American Standard is a great tub and I’ve told a couple of people who have asked me about it. There was one couple who had a walk-in tub put in their home but the woman was really upset because it was so expensive. When you’re retired and your body’s falling apart, it’s really hard to get a hold of something that you’re gonna pay halfway decent price for. But I’ve been happy with American Standard. It helped us out tremendously especially after it was gonna cost me $20,000 and so many years to pay for the other one. It also took me days to get the deposit back on that one. So I was happy to be able to just pay $5,000 and get it over with it. Several people have called and also ordered things over the telephone instead of going to the stores, and they’ve been happy with the product as well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for choosing American Standard, Ruth! We're so glad you took advantage of that great deal and you and your husband have been enjoying your walk-in tub.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The salesman came to speak to me and he was very polite and friendly. I showed him the two ads that I saw in the magazine, and asked about the flat thing right under the faucet. He said it was the door and it opens all the way. Then I asked about the other picture and he said that the door on that tub is wider than the previous tub that I showed him. And very politely he said that I have wide hips so I might have trouble being comfortable in that other tub. Their tub is wider, which is why the door opens all the way.

We also had a nice long discussion of the pricing. When my mother moved here with me 2005, she wanted to get a tub. Her sister-in-law in Indiana said that it would cost $30,000. And the American Standard salesman said that price was for a certain brand. He said that brand has all these things, whether you need them or not. I also made an appointment with the other company and I’m glad that the American Standard salesman came first because I might have been susceptible to the other one. In the end, I went with American Standard and my tub wasn't anywhere near that cost.

So I got the American Standard installed and the two guys who did it were professional. Everything was so quiet that there were times when I didn’t even know the two of them were together in the bathroom. They did what they needed to do, and fixed what they needed to fix. And they were gone when they were all done. It just took about two days.

I’m very happy with my American Standard walk-in tub. I love my bath this morning. I can sit, I could stand if I wanna stand. And I can also take a quick shower. I could use as little water as I want, or I can fill it all the way and relax. And whenever I’ve had anybody in and I’m showing my house, I would also show off my tub. I recommend it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Nancy.Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family and delighted to hear that you love your tub!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I’m handicapped and I can’t stand to wash my hair. I’m afraid of falling in the tub too. The American Standard sales representative that I talked to was very knowledgeable and he answered all of my questions. The installation process for the walk-in tub went very well. They did what they had to do to get the tub in and they cleaned up. We had a problem with the handle as the lamination was coming off of it, and they handled that really good by replacing it. And since using our walk-in tub, we feel a lot better. It helps our aches, pains, and weary muscles. If we have the room to put another one in another part of the house, we would. American Standard has been very good with us and we’re very satisfied. We would also recommend it to any of our friends who would want to do it because it would change their lives.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are absolutely delighted to hear we were able to help you enjoy your baths safely, Pauline! Thank you so much for a kind praise.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I like the reputation of American Standard. I also like their tub that gets rid of the water. The interaction with the rep was fine. I had no problems. He was knowledgeable as well. Also, the installation went pretty good but I wouldn't say 100%. The caulking between the tub and the wall is beginning to loosen. Even so, I like the tub. I wish it was deeper but I get around that by sitting down in the foot area and getting the water up above my neck. Also, we got an allowance for a water heater but they really didn't emphasize how big the heater we should have. They kinda played around that. But other than that, I've been perfectly satisfied. I would also tell others that I had a good experience with American Standard.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks so much for your review, Gary. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your walk-in tub experience. Please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so they can look into the issues you've had.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Since I was having difficulty using a regular bathtub and a shower, I decided to get a walk-in tub from American Standard. The tub was the second one I’ve had in different houses, so I knew what I was getting. Their salesman was very helpful and it was very pleasant doing business with him. He was very knowledgeable and he showed me more of the settings that are in the tub. With this secondary tub, I had to walk to the other side of the house as it’s in the smaller bathroom. The installation of it was very fine and I was surprised that the plumbing was the reverse of how the bathtub had been. American Standard Walk-in Baths is the answer to a lot of the problems as it makes it so much easier to shower or to take a bath.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family, Gloria!

Original review: July 6, 2018

American Standard has a lifetime guarantee on the labor and the product. The in-home sales representative who came in had spent plenty of time and showed us everything. He was very nice and knowledgeable. Apparently, the installation was difficult but the team did a good job. They were also very friendly, polite, and they cleaned up nice. The walk-in tub is for my mother and she is enjoying it. That’s the only way she can bathe. I'm very satisfied with American Standard and I advise others to do it too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Sandra. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: July 5, 2018

The sales rep of American Standard came out and made a very good presentation. The lifetime warranty that they provided for their product attracted us. Also, the price was competitive. Since using the walk-in tub that we got from them, I feel much better and it was a really nice experience. But one of the jets is not working and I haven't yet reported this problem to them. Nevertheless, American Standard is a good and reliable company to deal with. My furnace and air conditioner are also from this company and I noticed in ConsumerAffairs that their product was the highest in terms of repairs.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Samuel. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family! Please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so we can help look into that jet issue.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Not satisfied with the walk in tub. Too restrictive. Excessive amount of water. Not cost effective to use. Previous photos show person in tub covering her neck. The only way that will happen is if you try to lay down which may unsafe.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are sorry to hear about this and want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your walk-in tub experience. Could you please call our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so we can look into any questions and concerns you have?

Original review: July 4, 2018

American Standard's sales rep was excellent, however, the installation team was awful. They had to cut a hole in the side of the wall to get the tub in and they did an awful job patching that hole. They also did a very bad job with caulking the tub and we had to have them re-caulk it. But, they still had some problems and had to re-caulk it again. We just ended up fixing the wall ourselves. We had enough of them and just wanted the vendor to be out. The vendor traveled from several states away to get here and just wanted to be out of here too. The sales rep initially said that it was gonna be local people working on it, but that turned out not to be the case. Had they had local people to come and do the installation, it would’ve gone smoothly.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

HI Paula, I am so sorry to hear this. I am escalating this with customer service today and you should hear back from them shortly. We will get this resolved for you!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I love my tub from American Standard. The young man who came to make the visit and talk to me about the tub was extremely helpful. And then I did a survey of all the other tubs. But I didn’t find anything else that was as good or a better deal as with American Standard. The other ones were more expensive but not necessarily better and I was pleased with the choice I made. I had a little problem with the installation but the installers came back. When the first team who would take care of the problem got here, they realized the problem was not what they thought it was and they couldn’t cover it. And that was a little annoying to me because with a plumber here in the house, he should be able to do whatever he needed to do to correct it.

I had to wait for another few days for them to send someone else from Atlanta. But I haven’t had any more trouble since then. Using the tub feels so good. I’m pleased and satisfied to be able to use it. I have bad knees and it’s much easier to be able to walk in than it is to lift and to climb over. Overall, American Standard has good services and products.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Roberta. We're happy to have you as part of the American Standard family!

Original review: July 2, 2018

The draining speed of American Standard's walk-in tub made me buy it. We’ve had it for four years now and, so far, I’m happy with its overall quality. The reps that we worked with were all great. I only had one problem with one of the faucets. It took me forever to get it fixed, but it got fixed. The tub benefits the people around me and I usually use it when I get wound up.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're pleased to hear your walk-in tub is helping you unwind. Thanks so much for your review, Emile!

Original review: July 1, 2018

The in-home sales rep from American Standard was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable. But he was pushy and what he did was a hard sell. I would never have bought one of their products but my sister who's 85 was taken in. She thought the tub was wonderful so she got it. I tried to talk her out of it but it was her money and she was dying to have it.

The installation of the tub was not a real high-quality job. There were corners that didn’t quite meet and for a long time, she didn’t use the tub. She's short and when the tub filled up, she floated off the seat. And that scared her. She has finally gotten off from using the shower and it took her quite a while to get used to getting into the tub. She’s using the tub all the time now but it's only because she hates the shower even more. She’s still not thrilled with the tub and for 15 grand, it was not worth it for her.

I wish the reps had explained some of the negative parts of the tub better than they did. And they could have explained about the seat being cold when she’d get in. Also, it would help a lot if they could have a heated seat and a heated back. And maybe they could have an adjustable seat or at least a seat we could combine and stick on with suction cups to raise it up. Nevertheless, I’d tell my friends not to go with American Standard and to really think through getting one of those tubs.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'd like to look into this experience for you, Don. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I contacted American Standard and the in-home sales representative who came out was great. He was very professional and I enjoyed talking to him. I wanted the tub with the wider door and the salesman said he didn’t think I needed it, although I do. So while the sales part was great, I should have gotten one with the wider door. Then the installation process was the most horrible problem I’ve ever had. The crew that took the tub out was not the same crew that put it in. So, when the man came to put it in, he pushed it all the way back against the wall which meant that he was going to have to find tiles to match. If he hadn’t had pushed the tub back, it would have matched and it would have touched the tile. Then he went underneath the house and cut sections out of my floor joist to accommodate the plumbing, where if he had put it in the right place in the first time, he wouldn’t have had to do any of that.

I complained and had people come out to the house and beef up the floor joists. It took 10 days for the installation and there were different people out here every time. There was nobody in charge. I tried to contact the area supervisor, but she never returned my call and I finally got to calling the home office. Also, nobody came to inspect the tub after it was done. I was extremely dissatisfied and I would not recommend them. Other than that, the tub works great and I enjoy it and it makes me feel better.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I'm disappointed with my tub, when sales representative came to my house, I asked him if it had heated seats. He informed me that it indeed came with heated seats, it did not, very disappointed in false statements.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Linda. We'd like to look into this for you. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Instead of having a tub in our main bathroom, my husband decided that he wanted a walk-in shower because he’s a big guy and he doesn't like stepping over the tub. He said we could try American Standard and we’ve been really happy with them. The installers were local people and they were nice. They did a good job. The whole unit looks really nice and it’s holding up well. We had to pay for our shower doors, which they coated. It's good that we just rinse them off and we don't have to wash them. The walk-in shower would leave no tubs in either of our bathrooms, so we weren’t sure about getting it, but we wanted something that we could enjoy.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave a review, Lois. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your walk-in shower!

Original review: June 23, 2018

The sales rep was lovely. He asked me how they can make our shower safe. We went forward and had it done and I'm happy with it. However, I don't know who to go to in case something needs a little repair. A part of the frame at the bottom of the tub has come unglued and I would really like to have that fixed. Also, the straps to keep us from slipping are starting to come undone too and those need to be replaced. Other than that, it's been a wonderful experience. This bathroom is for my mother and she's safe in the shower, and that's all that matters to me. It's a good thing for her. We would suggest American Standard for someone else too.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase, Stephanie. Thanks for being part of the American Standard family! Our Customer Care Team will happily answer any questions you have about the care and maintenance of your walk-in tub, please don't hesitate to give them a call at 855-225-2183. Thank you!

Original review: June 22, 2018

This happened. We purchased an American Standard Walk-in-Tub, at considerable expense. (15k) It was installed in our upstairs bathroom. Shortly after install Al used the tub. Small amount of water on bath mat next to tub. The next week I noticed small amount of water dripping through kitchen light fixture. Al emptied tub. I cleaned up mess on tabletop and floor. The next week he used again and this time water began pouring down through kitchen ceiling, the tub door popped open and all 50 gallons came pouring through ceiling and downstairs.

I cleaned up water as best I could. Daughter and SIL came to rescue. Bringing commercial fans and dehumidifiers. Ripped out wet drywall on ceiling so it would not fall down. What a mess! Yesterday American Standard came and replaced parts on tub that caused the leak. But the company denies any responsibility for the damage to our kitchen ceiling. Remember this folks! Don’t buy an American Standard Walk in Tub!

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We'd like to look into this experience for you, Phyllis. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so that we can help!

Original review: June 22, 2018

The price of American Standard's walk-In tub made me go with them. I'm in the western side of Pennsylvania and the installers that came in were from Philadelphia. When they started out, the vehicle they were driving broke down, so they had to get back and get it fixed, then they went out here. They were Mexicans and they talked a lot in their language, so I asked what they were saying since I didn't understand anything, but they just chuckled.

The guy who came in and did the prep looked at my bathroom to see what I needed. The bathroom wasn’t level so they had to cut down lumber. Since I had lumber here, I told them to use it, so they cut it down and used it. But then, they didn't have plywood to put on and since I had plywood here too, they used that as well. But some of the seams didn't get sealed up to where they should have been, so I had to go over and redo them, and I got them straightened up. Upon leaving, the installers left some junk that was in the back of their van. All in all, the tub is a good product but the installation was not so good.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are sorry to hear about your installation experience, Jack. Could you please call our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so we can help? Thank you!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information

855-858-5417
www.americanstandardbaths.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business