4.6(2,276)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available
    Cons
    • Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Stars Rating

• 77%
    • 14%
    • 5%
    • 2%
    • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I do recommend American Standard Walk-in Baths to family and friends. The sales rep was pleasant, down-to-earth, have good people skills, and answered all our questions. The installers seemed to know what they were doing. There were two guys and the job took a day and a half. Their work was good. My grandfather likes the American Standard walk-in bath. There were the grab bars and then what came with the tub. The locking mechanism on the tub is really great. The jets work well for him. He feels better about getting in the tub. He's taking baths on a regular basis now. He's 83. He was having weakness, having difficulty, and not taking baths as often as he needed to because he couldn't get in and out of the traditional tub.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience, Venis. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I'm glad I stayed with American Standard Walk-in Tubs. I love it. Their rep knew what he was talking about. American Standard is the only place to go if you want a walk-in shower. They're very good.

Pinned

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Jeff. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Price

Reviewed June 24, 2024

American Standard had everything I wanted and the rep answered all my questions. However, the installers had to work with it a while. They had to set it up on one end just to get it in. The house is a very old house and how they had to get the tub in was real tight. There was no laying it down flat and walking it in there. They had to stash it standing up on one end and roll it in. Also, there are three doors right there. They're all in one little alcove. They had to take a real sharp turn to the left. There was no way to take one in in one room and put that in into the bathroom. They had to take out a bunch of stuff that was in the way.

The tub does the hydrotherapy that I wanted done. There’s a little air flow valve that moves the jets up or lowers them. The other day, I was trying to move it so I get can get more hydrotherapy on my lower legs. It popped right off my hand and water started shooting out that one valve. The guy was over here yesterday to fix it. However, I regret getting the tub now because it's too small for me. I'm 6-foot tall. It makes it a little difficult for me to soak in it ‘cause the water doesn't fill up above my breast. It's also more expensive than what it should be.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Terrence. We are sorry to hear it was not as smooth as it should have been. If there is anything we can do to help at this point, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Reviewed June 22, 2024

The sales rep from American Standard was a nice guy and the installers did a good job. They got here at about 9:00 and were done at 5:00. I don't use the air very much because it's messy but the jets on the tub are good. They squirt water on you and it’s powerful. It does its job and massages my back a little bit. I'm somewhat disabled and before this, I couldn't get in and out of the tub and the shower was in the basement, which is a perilous set of steps. Now, I can get cleaned easily. Plus, it's a good place to relax. There are tread things on the bottom that keep you from sliding around. There are three of them and one of them is loose and doesn't do its job. But it's not that big of a deal.

Pinned

Thank you for the review, Dale! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Today is June 18, 2024. Contract was signed February 5, 2024. Over 4 months of aggravation and unprofessional cooperation. The installation is pathetic. Done by 3rd party subcontractors. Salespeople lied. Cost is over $17,000.00. The job is still not completed or satisfactory. Calls go unanswered. American Standard "supervisor" will not schedule a date. We do NOT recommend American Standard. If this is what the American standard has become, then we are all in harm's way. You may contact me at ** concerning this installation/purchase in Clear Lake Texas. We now seek an professional craftsman to complete the job.

Pinned

We are very sorry to hear this has been your experience, Tom. We will have a representative follow up with you.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

The young man who came out from American Standard was very good. I told him I just wanted the plain stuff and he got it for me. So, I was glad. A father and son team did the installation and the son had been working with his dad for a long time. He was very good at telling you everything you wanna know and the father was doing whatever they had to do to put the walk-in bath in. I like both of them. And since my husband just died a few months ago, I would like to have hired those two guys to help me around my house. They were excellent. The one who sold the walk-in bath to me and the other two who were putting it in were polite and respectable people. I look for that. Nowadays, you don't get that all the time anywhere.

When the showerhead was being put in, the young guy was very honest with me and said that if I didn't pull it all the way, it'd drop water in my basement. But I've never tried that. This company should try to figure out what causes that. I had a regular bathtub and it had all these jets but since I had my back hurt, I wasn't gonna try getting in and out of a tub. This is a simple one and I just walk in it and do it for my safety.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice experience and satisfaction with the work our team did, Leona. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so they can look into the issue with the showerhead.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

The sales rep was honest and we got some discount on the installation so we didn't pay full price. But nevertheless, the installation was done within a day and the original sales indicated it might take more than a day or two. It was faster than the original estimate, which is a plus because there was a considerable amount of demolition of the old tub that had to come out. Overall, I'm happy with it. Also, the quality is what I would expect for something that I paid this much for. It's acrylic so it's a little bit higher-end and I expect it to last longer than your average walk-in tub.

Pinned

That's so great to hear you are happy with your choice, Thomas! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

The installation of our American Standard walk-in was good. The guy who did it and his helper were very good about it. Cleaned up well afterwards and explained the operation and were very friendly and it worked out well. I like the tub-shower combination. You can have it both ways. The rapid fill water and the rapid fill drain are a plus, too.

Pinned

That's so great to hear, David! Thank you for taking the time to share your nice experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Installation went well, and I like the quality of the walk-in tub. The massaging jets work for me. However, I've got a few questions on it. When I put on the whirlpool, some little black spots come out, and I need to make it stop doing that. I'm not sure if it's mold or what's coming out of it. Besides that, I was pleased enough with American Standard that we went ahead and had a shower put in too. I'm really loving the shower. It really works well.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Dennis. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your overall experience. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so they can help address the issue you described.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

American Standard is synonymous with excellence. The sales rep was 5 stars all the way, and the installation was fine. It took two days. Two guys came. One was a plain grunt to help carry the tub and the other guy was an artisan. He did all the installation, setups and the plumbing and electrical, and it's been great for me. The features of the tub are nice. It is highly adjustable as far as the temperature and it has an aerator and a bubbler and it's perfect. It works really nicely. It's either American Standard or nothing. They have been at it for a long time and they know what they're doing.

Pinned

That's so great to hear our team did a good job and that you are happy with your choice, Gordon! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Installation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I've got a walk-in shower from American Standard. When their rep came out to sell it, he was professional. I shopped around before I did this and people would scratch things on little pieces of scrap paper which had a number on it and hand that to me. It didn't look very professional. But American Standard's rep had a little folder that he gave me and everything went in there. When their guys came out here for the installation, they were right here on time. They took a look at what I had, told me an estimate of how long they would be, and they beat it by about 30 minutes. I had to let it wait 24 hours before I could use it, but I've used it every day since and it's been wonderful. I can't give high enough accolades for their salesman and the people who did the construction. I was really impressed with the company because they were totally different than the other people that came in here and what they had written down when they left.

The way you turn the hot water on is different than what I had. It has two little arms that stick off and you got to figure out which one operates from one showerhead to another showerhead, then the water temperature. So the installers showed me how to do all that stuff. They also asked me where I wanted to put my shelves at and I told them. I have arthritis real bad and I can stand up for a while. But after a while, I have to sit down. With the walk-in shower, I can go from one shower head to another and never miss a beat. I feel safer in it, too. The one I had was small compared to what I have now and I'm able to turn around everything without feeling like I'm going to fall out of the shower.

Then I like the fact that the shelves are there. I ain't got to balance the stuff on the edge of the tub. There's nothing I would do differently if I could except maybe put more little shelves in there. The price is worth it. You're paying a good price for it, but you're getting a good product. You could probably get one cheaper, but you're not going to get the combination of sales and service that I got for cheaper money.

Pinned

Hi Robert, thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear this, and welcome to the American Standard Family!

Reviewed May 12, 2024

Everything was really great in my experience with their reps. They showed me what was available and I chose which I wanted. The products are well made, too. The people who installed it were knowledgeable, very pleasant, and did a very good job and a clean-up when the job was finished.

Pinned

We're very happy to hear this, Elaine! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The sales rep was very polite and showed us and talked to us about everything. We were very pleased with him. The people who put in the walk-in tub did an awesome job. They came that afternoon and left everything and then, they came back early the next morning. They never stopped and hooked up the hole day. They were polite and cleaned up after themselves. They were very good. I love my tub. It's easier for me to get in and out so that helps me. I had a hip replacement, and I can just get in and feel comfortable. My seven-year-old grandson loves it. He likes to come over here and take a bath. He likes the lights.

Pinned

We're so happy to hear this, Sue! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Installation & SetupPriceWarranty

Reviewed May 11, 2024

I like American Standard's lifetime warranty, not only for parts but labor too. The rep answered our questions and was very upfront with us. He was a good salesman. The installation team did a wonderful job. My husband enjoys the tub and when I used it, it was good. However, I didn't get the hot water that I would like and I wish it wasn't as expensive as it was.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Gail. We are glad you are satisfied with the work our team did. If there is anything we can do to help with hot water issue, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Installation & SetupPriceEase of Use

Reviewed May 11, 2024

American Standard is beyond excellent. They came out, shared a video and measured the bathroom for installation. The tub has a shower on it also which we didn't want it, but that's fine. The installation was magnificent. It took them half a day to get it installed and working. They went over turning the water on and off and everything that needed to be done for us to understand how to operate the tub was done. I love the tub. It's very helpful for me because my husband and I have back problems. I soaked in there this past Saturday and haven't had any back pain since then. It is an expensive tub, but it's worth every penny to us.

Pinned

That's so great to hear you are happy with your choice, Geraldine! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Installation & SetupPriceFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed May 11, 2024

My wife liked American Standard's presentation and everything about the product. The rep wasn't overbearing and answered all our questions. The installers did a great job taking down the glass doors. They got the electrical connections done and the water line connected to the drain. They put a front wall between the front side and back side because they had that extra space there. The installation was fast. They were glad it wasn't gonna be such a chore. They didn't have to pull out an old tub and the opening was big enough, so all they had to do was to slide it in and put it where we wanted the tub.

I get in it, sit down and take a shower on the little hand sprayer. Whenever my wife's got an ache or pain, she wants to get in and enjoy it, and she does. She likes that it drains real fast. Her biggest thing is it takes forever to fill up. But there's nothing we can do about that because of the existing water lines. It's a little pricey though. I went online to find out who it’s financed through, and I got their information. When they had it processed, I got the first bill and paid it.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice experience, Randy. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Installation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The American Standard rep was very nice and polite. The installation of our bath went fine, too. My wife uses it the most and she likes it because she's had some problems with her heart. And she gets to sit down and take a nice, hot bath. The only concern I had was, we were supposed to get a free toilet with a bidet. But they said the toilet that they had to install in there was the same thing we had. So they said it wouldn't make any difference about the toilet. I said, "If that's the case, forget about it." They ended up taking $300 off the price. And then I see on TV now, the toilet's worth $800.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Walter. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

The gentleman from American Standard was very polite about everything. The installation was five hours. It didn't take long. The installers came in, put down runners everywhere so that when they brought stuff in and out, the carpets were protected. Afterwards, they cleaned everything up. My mother enjoys being able to use the walk-in shower. It would be a big help for her.

Pinned

We're thrilled to learn about your great experience, Halorie. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I picked American Standard was the salesman said that I could also get a bidet. As you get older, bidets have great appeal. He was very pleasant. I had to change the date that I had for them to come, and he helped me with that. There was a young man who put the tub in. He and the young man he had with him were nice. The only problem I have with the whole thing is they were here for 12.5 hours. But it was after my bedtime before they left, and I didn't understand what he told me about how to operate it. I know how to change it from a regular shower to a hand shower, but there's a lever on the side of the big shower head and I have no idea what that does. And they have several things on the bidet, like a massage. I have no idea what it does when I hit that button.

It disappoints me, and part of it was I didn't ask him any questions. I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep. It was 9:30 at night before he left. For somebody in their 90s, that was too much. I didn't get the instructions that I should get. I'm struggling along trying to figure out how to take advantage of whatever the features are. I don't understand it all yet, but I'm learning and very happy with it.

It's easier to take a shower when you don't have to step over the side of the bathtub. That should come with non-skid. I was given strips that have to be put on. If you sell something to someone who has balance problems, it should just come with it. Other than that, everybody seemed to be very pleasant. They made sure what time they would come and when they would leave. The installation went smoothly.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Teri. If you would like, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183 so one of our representatives can go over the functionality with you. We hope you can fully enjoy all the features of your shower and bidet soon!

PriceFill Or Drain Time

Reviewed May 7, 2024

American Standard has been wonderful. The sales rep came in. We talked about it and he made sure I understood exactly what everything was gonna cost. The installers took care of everything in a day and made sure I understood how everything worked. They were very professional about it. They needed to know where my electrical box was located. Once I showed them the fuse box, I didn't really talk to them much until they said they had everything done. It went really quickly and very smoothly. The quality of the new tub is excellent. It works really well. I like that it fills up quickly. You're not having to sit there for a long time waiting for it to fill up. That's a wonderful feature. The cost was a little bit more than I was expecting, but considering the features, it was worth it.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience, Kathryn. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupFeatures

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Dealing with the rep from American Standard was very positive. He went through all the features of the product. We were interested in the safety shower and he answered multiple follow-up questions. It was shocking that the installers said they would do the installation in a day. They ran into some challenges so there were some delays because of the confusion with the electrician. So, it took a day and a half, which was still amazing.

The seating, spaciousness, controls of the shower and the convenience of where the grab bars are are my favorite features of the walk-in tub. It seems very durable, and easy to clean and maintain. So, it looks nice besides being functional. We purchased it for my mother who is 93 and at the same time we got the safety shower, we got the bidet toilet. It makes getting her showered and cleaned up so much easier. She was having regular problems with urinary tract infections and she hasn’t had one since November. We got it installed in October. American Standard is high-quality and durable.

Pinned

This is so great to hear, Sandra. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Price

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The American Standard rep that we dealt with was named Herrick. He was very knowledgeable in explaining about it, and gave us a decent price. He was here when he planned and did everything he promised to do. We had two installers that live nearby or in this area of North Georgia and they did a very good job in one day. They were professionals and they knew what they were doing. My wife loves the tub. She likes the easy access to the style of the tub. She needs something that she could sit on, a walk-in tub rather than what we had.

Pinned

We are truly happy to have been able to help, Larry. Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the American Standard family!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceFeaturesMaintenanceBilling

Reviewed May 4, 2024

American Standard is overrated and overpriced. The interest rate on the payment is ridiculous. It's 25%. I'm rushing to pay it off sooner rather than later to avoid this. It's $318 in interest in one month alone. That's usury. At the time they put the tub in, I thought the installation was good. But since then, I've had leaks on the side when using the shower. Part of the problem initially with water on the floor is there were no shower curtains made to suit the level of the tub. The level of the tub is higher so I had to cut a shower liner to be able to put it inside the tub.

American Standard needs to come up with a shower curtain that makes sense. With that kind of money, it should have come with a shower curtain that fits the tub and also weighted to stay in the tub. I have to put my bubble bath bottle to hold the cut-off shower curtain. It's not convenient. But the workmen who did the installation were very good. I've been able to call them with questions after the fact. I was also very happy to have the tub. After I had the installation in October, I went up to New York and fell and broke my hip. When I came home, I came home to grab bars and everything that I needed for that situation. Had I not installed it, it would have been very difficult.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Josephine. One of our representatives will follow up with you on the issues you described.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I tried another company before American Standard but they wouldn't give it to us 'cause of our age. They wouldn't let us finance it. I gave American Standard a try and they came out and approved us 'cause we're not that old. They gave us details on the tub. But the showerhead has got a leak in it. My husband called them, and they'll come out and replace it. One of the jets on it doesn't work as well. I can feel it on the left leg, but I don't feel it on the right. Other than those, everything is good.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Rhonda. We are sorry to hear there are some issues that need to be resolved. We hope this is being fixed quickly so that you can enjoy your tub to the fullest.

PriceFeatures

Reviewed May 3, 2024

The rep did a good presentation and we put half the figure down in cash. But I didn't realize the interest rate. The rep didn't explain the high interest rate on the balance very good. My husband had to take the door frame off the bathroom for the installers to get in. He did that himself. So other than that, everything they put in was fine. I was under the impression that the American Standard tubs all come standard with a heater in it and they don't because ours doesn't have it. But the tub is okay. We enjoy it.

Pinned

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, Mattie. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I've thoroughly enjoyed working with American Standard. Their sales rep was very nice, friendly, and not pushy. The installer who came out was fabulous. He told us to move out of the way and he could get it done, and he did. He had the tub in and he was out within a day and a half, but their sales rep initially told me that the installation would take about two days. I love our walk-in tub. I like the jets and the lights. I get in 45 minutes in the dark with no overhead lights, just me in the dark and the tub lights. Also, if I'm soaking for pain, it helps me to sleep at night. I would tell my friends that American Standard is fabulous.

Pinned

We're so proud to hear this, Corliss! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed May 2, 2024

American Standard’s reps were willing to come out and tell me what we needed to know and show me samples. They explained everything and I was pleased. Besides, I know the name. The sales rep was nice and knowledgeable. But during the installation, when the installers were about done and doing the caulking, somehow they switched from white caulking to almond caulking. So now, I have yellow around my tub and it should be white. But other than that, they made sure that everything fit well. So, I was happy. The cost was ridiculous but I paid it because I wanted the walk-in tub.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Suzanne. We are sorry to hear it was not as smooth as it should have been. If there is anything we can do to help at this point, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

The sales rep was a nice young man. He answered all my questions and I was satisfied with it. I was told everything that was going to happen, and installation went quickly. The installer kept the area clean too. The walk-in tub makes it easy to give my mother a bath. She's handicapped, so I needed something that would help me get her in and out of the tub.

Pinned

We are truly happy to have been able to help, Harriett. Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the American Standard family!

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed April 30, 2024

The installation was surprisingly incredible. The man that came and did it, he did it by himself in less than a day. It was way more than I would have even expected and the quality of work is exceptional. The tub is everything that was supposed to be. The only bad part of the whole thing is it's a little pricey, but everything is these days.

Pinned

We're so proud to hear this, Dain! Thank you for sharing your great feedback.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

The American Standard rep we worked with was very helpful. He answered all our questions and gave a presentation on the computer so we could see examples. He did a good job. The installation went fair. It was an all day. We expected it would be a good part of the day. They said we would be without water. They would have to cut off the water for 30 minutes and we were without water to our house for six hours. That was a little awkward. But the guys seemed to be very conscientious and they worked quickly. The installation went smoothly. We got the toilet and had to get them to come back because it didn't get a good seal on the floor, and they had to come back and reset it.

Pinned

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, James. We are sorry to hear the installation process was not as smooth as it should have been. We appreciate your feedback!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information