Get Started

4.6/5 (338 ratings)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available

Cons

• Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Bottom Line

American Standard’s walk-in tubs come in a variety of customizable deep-soak and massage models. It provides installation with the purchase of a walk-in bath. Features include chromotherapy and self-cleaning.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I love my American Standard tub. When I bought it, the sales rep was nice and the installation guys were wonderful. They had to come back the following day for a few moments to finish some framework as they had to take down the frame of the door in order to get the tub through. But they did an excellent job. The tub really helps with a lot of the pain and it's an awesome product. It would have been great if they were a little bit cheaper but now, I'm seeing that they're about 7,000 cheaper than what I paid. If anyone is thinking of getting one, I'd tell them to do it and not to wait. I don't smoke but the first time that I got in there and finished, it was so relaxing that when I came out, I said I needed a cigarette.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for your review, Karen! We truly appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We liked the way they told us it would be installed and the precision of the way it was installed. And the poor guys came from Connecticut to Maine in a 40-mile an hour wind in a van with stuff on the top, and were done and gone in one day. Incredible. It was a great experience. The tub is easy to clean and get into. We love it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We truly appreciate your kind words, Pat! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I've dealt with American Standard products for the last 45 years and I like the walk-in shower that I bought from them. The rep who came in to sign me up didn't emphasize the difference in price between what I got and what an acrylic would have cost. That bummed me out a little bit. But the installer, Junior, went out of his way a couple of times and we had no problem. I wish I had another grab bar put in, but that's really minor and I'm getting around that very well.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, Herbert! We always love hearing from our customers!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I was going through converting my whole walk-in tub to a shower because I'm handicapped and I went through about five different shower builders to get a quote and see what each one was offering. Out of all the ones I looked at, I liked American Standard's shower and showerheads. The installers did an excellent job and cleaned the dirt and dust during the installment. They finished the job in one day. The only complaint that I have is the shower curtain is too long and about three inches too big. It's not high enough off the floor. They needed to come back out and do an adjustment on the rod.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hello Lawrence. We appreciate you sharing your feedback. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The installation was more erratic than I thought it was going to be. They were supposed to take like three days and they ended up taking five overall because out of the blue, they had to have a day off. But I know that they were working between Maryland and Virginia. I got the feeling that sometimes that was the issue. It was more of supply than it was anything. But other than that, all the gentlemen were very professional. The timeline wasn't kept but it was fine. My favorite feature of the tub is the jets. They are more like a sauna where they go the whole way around the tub, including down around the feet and the ankles. I like the part that does the legs and the knees and I just sit down in the lower part of it. Also, when you sit in the tub for an hour at a time, it helps a bit with the skin.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Kimberly. We're truly happy to hear we were able to help and we want to welcome you to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

My salesperson was great and walked us through things. He took measurements and explained exactly what was gonna happen and when it was going to happen. I was told that someone would call to do a verification. The price that he quoted was the price I had to pay. The installers called up and said when they were going to be there. They came on a Saturday because they had another job and they showed up about an hour before in the morning. They wound up having to replace the doorway. Also, when they were installing the free toilet that we got, the flange broke. They replaced that and the drain that was going to the toilet. The guy said it was plugged. I was looking at having to pay for all this plumbing but they said it was all taken care of.

They did the job in one day and they were quick. They cleaned up after themselves. This was one of my best experiences dealing with someone coming in to the house and doing something. I'm perfectly satisfied and I'm glad I did American Standard. I have given the number that I called to some friends and hopefully, they would be calling because they were looking for something like that.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi William, thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with us. We're happy to have been able to serve you and we welcome you to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

American Standard's person was thorough and told me what I needed to do and how much. He was very knowledgeable and knew his business. An installer came when they said he would. He was fine but he sure was gabby. The texture and quality of the tub are totally different from a regular bathtub. It has a slightly marbled pattern to it. I was shown the different things I could use and I really like it. All in all, American Standard was great and did the job in two days.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your 5-star review, Kay. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

My standalone bathtub was really tall and big to get in and out of. I had Kohler come in and I liked them, but they were not quite what I needed. American Standard made good products so I called them and had them come out and give me a presentation. They did and I liked their business plan better. Everything they told me matched Kohler. Their tub was just as good or maybe better and it was less money. It was just exactly what I needed and they could get it in quicker. The customer service people were really professionals and they did a great job. The tub is really nice. The door opens and I can get in it really easily. The tub fills and drains fast. It also has everything so handy and so clean. It's a joy to sit in and bathe in. I am able to relax in my tub and I get a lot cleaner because my tub makes everything handier to wash up.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hello Rhonda, we're truly happy to hear about your great experience with us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Their reps are very professional and quick with their jobs. The sales guy and the installers made sure we knew about everything and they walked us through the process. We're waiting to get the finished job. The install is done but there was some little damage in our downstairs bathroom from some water that had escaped from the tub. Other than that, I like the air jets of the tub. I have real bad neuropathy and some skin infections and the tub really helps with purifying the skin. If I do get an infection, the tub draws it out and makes my legs and feet feel a lot better.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your 5-star review, Christopher. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I like the walk-in tub a lot. It's pretty much everything I expected. Also, since I've been using it, I sleep better.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're truly happy to have been able to help, Mike. Thank you for your kind words!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

After taking care of my grandmother who had fallen and broken her hip, it was a good idea to have a walk-in for my mom as she's getting older. She used it the other day. American Standard’s customer service and installation were both great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Joanna. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I have looked at tubs for a while and then I saw American Standard on a Facebook commercial. So, I called. The sales rep told me what all came with it and he did a good job of explaining it to me, and told me it would come in a few weeks, and they'd set it up. Two guys who came in were friends that worked together, and they were really nice and really careful with everything. They had to take off the wood frame on the bathroom door to get the tub through. They were able to come in the patio door and didn't have to take that one off. They took it off and brought the tub in and put it back on. They put the tub in and built in around, cleaned everything up, and they filled it and explained to me how to use it. So, I was really pleased with them. They did a good job.

As far as the tub, I like the ease of getting into it. I like getting in it and being in it because it relaxes my body. I could talk to others about the scent crystals, the lights, the bubbles and the jets and the ease of getting in and out. There’s a little tubing inside it at an angle, and it blows it out and dries it. I've had jetted tubs for years, but I like the fact that it dries it. So, there's never any of that black junk that comes out if you haven't used it for a while. So, this is really good that it does that. The crystals are little scented beads that go down. There's a little cap that comes off and then a little bag, and you put them down in there. It's a steam that comes up inside and scents the air. I like the lights that change colors. I like the fact that the tub drains very fast. The seat is heated, too. So, it keeps the tub warm if you're in it for a long time. A really nice thing about the one I got is all the framework underneath it was chromed. It wasn't just a plain metal.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi Cathi, thank you for sharing this awesome experience! Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Most providers said they had a lengthy time when they can do the job. American Standard's rep Tom won me over. The price is a little high but I'm enjoying my tub. The job they did is wonderful. I like the iron cast showerhead and seat. It has a rail too on my wall.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thanks for sharing your 5-star review, Mildred. Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The sales rep was great and really nice. He seemed very honest. He was also helpful and very considerate. Being able to walk in the tub has been very, very convenient, and very good. I’m enjoying it very much. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that the doors are a little too flimsy. I expected them to be more solid. But overall, I was very well pleased with it. We couldn’t be happier.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Patricia. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I researched online and a couple of factors led me to purchase from American Standard. One factor was their name and another factor was the comments by other people. Their sales representative was good and the installers were outstanding. I'm in love with my walk-in shower and the folding seat that’s mounted to the wall is a big seller.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your great experience with American Standard, Daniel!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

The salesman that came out was a dream. He was such a nice guy. It was a real pleasant experience and I knew I was gonna get the tub. He made it very relaxing. When the tub was installed, it was comical. My house is super small. So it was a bitch getting the tub in. I've got this gigantic dog but he was in his kennel and giving the guys a hard time and they were teasing him. It was a riot. It was a good time. I love my tub. It's wonderful. It's terrific to just open the door and jump out of my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

It's wonderful to hear about your great experience, Elin. Thank you for sharing your review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The installers were excellent. They took about a day and a half, but the half a day was just finishing up the detailing. We love the tub. I like the ease of getting in and out, and not having to step over a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hi William, thank you for sharing your awesome experience. Welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The sales representative was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. He did a good job of picking out what we wanted and putting an order in for that. It was a good experience. The installation team was excellent. They were professional. They took care of issues that came up. They were more than pleasant to talk to, and very courteous. So far, we’re quite pleased with the quality of the tub. The tub is appealing to the eye. It's really nice. It was a very good experience all the way around. We will call upon the same group of people to do it again if we have to do something else.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We are extremely happy to hear about your experience, Lawrence! Thank you for being a part of the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The sales rep explained everything well. The installation went well. The installers were very clean and pleasant. They explained everything before they installed the tub. Since using the tub, some of the pain that I had in my legs have improved.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear you are enjoying your new tub, Antone! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The installer was there early and went to work. He didn’t have stuff all over the house and he was in and out. He was professional about it. I liked the look of the tub and the easy in, easy out. And not much maintenance. However, it might have a small leak. When my baby was up there taking a bath, and I was down up under her in the other room, it was a little leak. I didn’t want to have American Standard out on a small leak, but I didn’t want to plaster up the hole either just yet. Other than that, I recommended American Standard. I told him, “Hey, here’s the number. If you’re interested in it, these are the people right here.”

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for the amazing review, Anthony! We are happy that you are now part of the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The sales guy really had it together. He was a hell of a salesman. They only sent one guy that had to do the installation and he was pretty good. The tub relaxes real good. But it was awful damn expensive. $15,808 is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Jim! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The installation crew who did my American Standard walk-in tub was nice and really good. They showed me how everything worked. The only thing that was funny was the finance company never sent me any paperwork and I had to call American Standard to find out who was doing that. Other than that, I’m enjoying my tub.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Steve! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

American Standard has more jets, it had a lifetime warranty, and we liked the price. My husband enjoys the jets on our American Standard because he's the one that has the bad back. So, we wanted the jets. I still use a shower. He has arthritis in his back, so he needed to soak once in a while when it's really sore. He doesn't have flare ups everyday, thank God. There was a misunderstanding over the walls. The tub was fine, but we thought it included the walls. It wasn't included in the price. It was a misunderstanding. So, we’re not upset. We got it worked out. The installation was very quick. They did a great job.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your wonderful experience, Darla! Welcome to the American Standard Family!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The installation went very, very well. I like the installation crew. They were very good, quick and knowledgeable with what they were doing. It was a very good experience with those two guys. The shower fits in right where my old bathtub used to be and it's great. The quality is excellent.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Stephen! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I was thinking about getting a walk-in bathtub, but then I changed my mind and got a walk-in shower because of the price. The shower was a few thousand cheaper and I like it.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Charles! We hope you will enjoy your new shower!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The tub's features are okay, and the installers were great.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We're happy to hear about your positive experience, Gwendolyn. Thank you for your review and welcome to the American Standard family!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The installation was really good. The installers were very professional and the tub looks great. It was a wonderful and very professional experience. The tub helped me with a lot of aches and pains in the lowest part of my body. It's also helped out a lot with the new knee.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Ann! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

American Standard's rep knew what he was talking about as far as the product. But there was a little confusion on the contract afterwards. I expected a certain showerhead and the rep told me that it was there. When it came time to do the installation, it wasn't on the contract. But the installer went ahead and put it in so everything was fine. I like being able to get in and out of the tub.

The only thing that would be negative is I'm still waiting for my shower curtain rod because they put in a big bow one and I didn't like it because I couldn't open the door to the bathroom. The installer said he would be back within a week but it has been three months now. I contacted the installer and he said he would get back to me and I'm sure he has been busy. Also, the base surface of the shower is slicker than snot. I have Parkinson's and I almost fell a couple times on it. Otherwise, I love it. It's just what I needed.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Hello Terry. Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you mention. One of our representatives will follow up with you on this.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The reps were fine and the installation was perfect.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

We love to hear about your experience, Joe! We hope you will enjoy your new tub!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I got bids from three different companies, and American Standard's was the most reasonable for what I would get. I have one issue with the installation. But that was just that the door that the installers put in did not fit correctly. So, I had to do some adjustments to it myself to finally make it work right. I would have preferred they left it working correctly. Other than that, the tub works really well. It does everything they promised as far as fill and empty times, and it has proven to be therapeutic.

American Standard Walk-in Baths response

Thank you for sharing your review, Linda. If we can do anything to help, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 855-225-2183.

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information