American Standard Walk-in Baths

4.6(2,266)

About American Standard Walk-in Baths

American Standard’s walk-in bathtub selection includes a variety of soaker and jetted tubs, including water and air jets. All models include quick-drain technology, and certain models come with chromotherapy. The company shows all pricing info and exact models online, though you’ll need to get an in-home consultation to understand the full price (including installation).

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Transparent pricing
    • Customizable soak and massage tubs
    • Quick-drain tech
    • Self-cleaning features available
    Cons
    • Installation cost varies
    • Limited warranty

Stars Rating

• 78%
    • 13%
    • 5%
    • 2%
    • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Walk-in Baths?
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingFeatures

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2017

About a year ago, I purchased an American Standard walk-in tub for its price. Installation was good and those who did it were professional. However, they didn't honor a coupon that they had sent me. They were saying that they had already given me a discount. Plus, three months after installation, a couple of the jets weren't really coming out of the floors and I called to have somebody come out and to this day they have not responded to coming out and checking my jets. I think it's because the owner called to see how I like the tub and we had a disagreement because they didn't honor the coupon and I thought it was unfair. So that's why I still have the issue but otherwise, the walk-in part is my favorite. It's easier when it comes to taking a bath and it is good for my knee.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2017

We've been very blessed with the tub. My wife loves it but it's too short for me. If I get in that thing, the water is just up to my chest. I wouldn't suggest it for anybody that's over six feet. Also, the sales rep at American Standard Walk-In Tubs was a high-pressure salesman. I didn't get excited over him but the installers were excellent. We like the tub, it looks really nice and we're satisfied with it. A little expensive but it's all right.

Customer ServiceMaintenance

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2017

I'm 75 and I have arthritis. I thought the walk-in tub from American Standard would help me. It was put in by a man who's local. The first time I used it, it was too cold and there wasn't enough hot water. I called him and I told him and he said we could put a booster on it. So he sends out two people who don't have names and don't belong to a company. They came and said they don't have the right kind of pipes and they disappeared. They came back with something that looks like medusa's head and they put it on there. It's not even a booster. They lied.

I woke up in the morning. It's very hot in my house and the air conditioner was open. The floor was flooded, the bedroom was flooded and the walls were peeling off. I was hysterical so I opened the phonebook and got the first plumber I could find just to get the water out before the mold starts to grow and I reported it to the party that was concerned. The guy who put it in was trying to be sweet and honey, and I turned sour. He asked why was I being mean and I told him that I have a brand new house.

The company that insures my house fixed all the stuff that had to be done immediately. Restoration came out and everything was completed. Now, when you shut it off, the faucet leaks so, we called the plumber back because the guy who sold it to me would not come near me because he knew he screwed up. The plumber comes back and he needed to get a whole new part from American Standard. He was very nice and fixed it. It's a brand new tub that's broken. I don't know what else is going to go wrong. It took all the joy out of it and it's so sour in my mouth that I really hate to use it.

The president was calling me on a Saturday afternoon and I thought they would be nice about it because he even asked me what would be a good settlement for me. I said that he owns the company and it's up to them but they never gave me a dime. They should have done something to compensate me for the hell I went through and I didn't want to sue them. They were calling left and right and they were so afraid I was going to because I have a huge lawsuit. I told them to take the tub and I didn't want it. It would be nice if they send me a $12,000 check. I'm about to sell this house and I'm going to be moving in about five to six months in another house. I don't want any of this repeated to the new owners because it's not their business. It's been a nightmare and I would never, ever recommend American Standard to anybody.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2017

I had a fall in the bath tub so I called a local company. They said they had a walk-in tub but when they got here, it was a walk-in shower so I called American Standard. The sale was wonderful. The home sales rep explained everything and brought the samples in. However, the ones that put the walk-in tub were horrible. They ruined my trim and my door. The home sales rep brought a carpenter that he got from his own home to fix my house. I won't recommend American Standard, it's too harsh to have your tub put in.

Installation & SetupPriceBilling

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2017

I asked the American Standard salesperson how long it'll take to install the tub and he said two days. And then, I asked him the price, he said $13,000. I went along with that because I said, "Well, two days. It got to be it." But when they got the payment, they were here no more than four hours. That kind of threw me off because if he had said $13,000, which it got to be 4 hours, then I would have said that was too much. That's the only negative that I have about it. Other than that, everything is fine. The installation team, two fellows, worked quickly and they did a nice job. And the tub was perfect. It's nice for me and wife, we're elderly people. We don't worry about falling or anything.

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2017

The American Standard Walk-In Tub has allowed me to take a bath by myself and to be more free with it because before I just couldn't get in and out of the bathtub which was great because I'm old. I've had it for a year. Also, their sales rep were nice and their installers were great.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2017

We bought American Standard Walk-in Bath a couple of months ago but I was disappointed because it wasn’t as advertised on TV wherein it shows the bubbles come up around the chest and neck. When I got in it and sit in the tub, it barely came above my waist. I even tried scrooching way down below the seat and still, it didn’t cover me, and I’m not fat. I’ve only used it once and it drained my hot water heater and the water went cold before it got filled up, and we have a 50-gallon gas hot water heater. I used it but I’m sure it would have been much better with warmer water. When we get some money saved up, we'll call the guy that originally installed the hot water heater and see if he has got anything like a hot water on-demand or something and see what we can do with that. We liked the idea that it is American made however, the price was a bit more than what we have anticipated. $15,000 was a big investment for something that we can’t really use.

Installation & SetupSales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2017

I'd like to have a walk-in bath even though I don't really need it. I chose American Standard, and interacting with the sales and went very good, and so did installation. American Standard has done very well.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2017

We are in a mobile home and the salesman didn't do the measuring right. It would have been nicer if the salesman had the right information for the installers. Because of the wrong dimensions, I lost the tiles that I had put up on my wall. The installers had to do a lot of work, but they were fantastic and they did a great job. My American Standard walk-in tub has been wonderful and my favorite features are the hot water and bubbles.

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2017

I have neuropathy, I’m big and I don’t fit into a tub so I got an American Standard Walk-in Bath. The installation was okay. However, there were supposed to be things added where I can put soap paste, etcetera. I was clear about my need but there was none of that put in the tub. I don’t blame the guys that came and worked. I blame my salesman. I wasn’t happy with the service at all. I’ve tried calling them to come out and fix it and they haven't called back. I’m a 100% sure the advertising’s misleading. If I was a shorter person, it would be there. But my legs are a little tight and my body is out of the water. I had two other companies come and said that their product won’t work for me. They were honest with me. But American Standard's sales rep just kept going. They sell the service and I don’t think they came close to delivering it.

The tub was $18,000 and it's more than a car that I would drive. I’m a hard worker and I’m an honest guy. I paid the tub even though things were questionable because the salesman said, “I’ll come out and check.” He never even came back. I’ve left messages and nothing ever follows. They’re a big company, I’m a little guy so the way I look at it, it’s my problem and I’m sure I’m not the only one. This kind of experience wasn’t really good. I tried to get them to come out but they wouldn’t. I couldn’t even get the salesman to talk to me.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2017

I haven't been happy with the American Standard walk-in tub since it was installed. I was told I'm short by a foot tall. The man that sold it saw how I tall I was and he said that I can step right in it but I cannot. I have to use steps to get in and out of it and that's dangerous. The first time that I took a bath in it, it threw a breaker and I had to let the water out physically. They came back to do a fix and see what they did not do, which were two or three things. They ensured me that it would be a registered plumber that installed it. A contractor that would do any deal with it and stuff that had to be done, and it's still not satisfactory to me. I wish they had my old tub back.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2017

I needed a tub and got it from American Standard. I've always liked the brand. If they're doing it, I feel like it's the best. I've had other commodes and things that were American Standard. The sales rep was nice and I appreciated him. Also, the installation team did a good job. I have a real bad back and have severe pain all the time. I have scoliosis, stenosis, and degeneration. So, I get in the tub and the hot water helps. I love the tub and enjoy it.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2017

I called them to send someone out for a consultation. We own our home and I have just retired. I have the money to purchase a tub. But they refused to send out anyone for a consultation unless both of us were home. I told them that if they needed both of us at home that the product must be too expensive. I suspect the plan is some serious up-sale attempt. That alone made me too suspicious to want to talk with them further. Don't call them. Go with Amazon, Home Depot or Lowe's.

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2017

I’ve always had American Standard toilets and since I wanted one of their walk-in tubs, their reps didn't have to sell it to me. Their installers had to do a lot of stuff when they put it in because I live in an old house. Initially, they couldn’t get it in and I had to pay for a new door. But I’m satisfied with it and I loved my experience with them.

Installation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2017

We wanted a walk-in tub, so we went online and did some research. From my own perception of quality, I chose American Standard over other companies. Our builder also mentioned they had a good reputation. Their in-home sales representative was supportive and explained things to our satisfaction. We bought two walk-in tubs and put them side by side. The original plan was to have only one layout in our master bathroom, then, within 24 hours after the installation, we said that it wasn't going to work. So we asked the installation team to come back and move the tubs. The installers were excellent and very cooperative. They were helpful and they came back to do the repairs a couple of times.

But the knob that converts from the nozzle for my tub to the nozzle for the shower hose came off a couple of times. There's a slot that where I have to put the stainless steel piece through, line it up, then put it in. But I shouldn't have to do that and the nozzle that closes the bottom of the tub still comes off. I can put it back manually but the water blows it off every time I use the tub. It's nothing radically wrong but I'm disappointed with the fact that they have two pieces that don't seem to be designed or installed properly. My wife doesn't have the same problem with hers and I don't know what else American Standard could do to make mine better. Otherwise, our tubs have been functioning fine and our overall experience with American Standard was good. Their equipment are not perfect but we still regularly use them.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingBilling

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2017

Ordered and gave a down payment on a walk in tub on July 5 2017. Was told by salesman they schedule installation out 4 weeks but most people receive theirs within 2. Mine was scheduled 6 weeks out. At 4 weeks out received a call from the contractor asking if it was ok if they bumped me up because his guys did not have any jobs right then. I said yes the sooner the better for my ailing dad. He was going to have American Standard's scheduling call because he is a subcontractor.

Two days later he calls to see if they called. I said no. The next time I hear from American Standard is August 16 the day before my original installation date informing me the contractor has quit. They were flying into Seattle for interviews and would let me know when it would be installed. Never heard back. I called Leah at the end of August to see the status. Was told she would email scheduling and they would contact me. I have been back in contact with Leah at least 2 times a week with the same answer "I will email my supervisor, scheduling, new contractor and have them call you". So tired of the runaround.

Called Wednesday September 20 and left a message to send my deposit back. I was done. This morning September 22 I get a call from Chad. "So sorry you are having problems. We dropped the ball. It's not your fault." Obviously not my fault since they have my $. "You are entitled to your money back but if I can get your tub installed in the next few days would you be ok with that." "Yes I want the tub." He said he would call back by the end of the day. Just heard from Chad and since I live in a smaller town they can not bump me up because they feel they would lose 2 other tub installations in the Seattle area.

In other words who cares who ordered first, who put a down payment first and who has been waiting longer. They have the salesman stating they want the best for their customers in safety, health benefits and overall customer service. I cannot say how the product holds up to safety and health benefits but their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. Now I have an 82 year old father who has been telling everyone about his new walk in tub and I have to start from scratch with another company to get him one. I also have no idea how long they will take to get me my down payment refund because I'm entitled since I was not the one who broke the contract. Hopefully Chad will read this since he laughed when I told him that they might lose a couple of sales after I write a review and post it on social media.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

I purchased an American Standard Liberator walk in tub. I like the tub and the installation. I purchased the tub due to the supposed lifetime warranty that came with it. Their service in my opinion sucks. I have had two problems in the last 6 months since I bought it and the service response was weeks to fix my tub, I now wonder if I should have purchased another brand walk in tub.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Unless you get a firm installation date at the time of the signing of the contract, do not sign anything. I was initially told on March 30th when I signed it would be about 3 weeks. No one called. Finally I was told May 18th. Called the installation person named Mark ** who ought to have a PHD in the art of double talk and deception. He lied about contacting my management company, lied about permits (I spoke to our building inspector), treated me like I had a screw loose, called his boss a Michael ** who must be related to Philips. He just backed him up and would not listen.

Today I called to just pay for the whole damn thing since I may not be here on the 18th of May. Lo and behold, I was told they cancelled my order yesterday on a Sunday no less and were returning my deposit. No one called me. It was just a fluke that I called today. The tub was for medicinal purposes. I have severe osteoporosis and liked the product even though they were not the cheapest that I looked at. The salesperson was wonderful and so was his boss. The others do not deserve the time of day.

Customer ServiceWarranty

Reviewed March 5, 2017

American Standard Toilet model Champion 4 Max 2586.128ST does not flush as they claim. It takes several flushes to get the job done. Customer service will not honor the warranty with a refund. Product is misrepresented.

Price

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2016

The design is great. Very helpful and useful. Well made and just really cool. Very well worth it. Couldn't live without it now that I have it. Very safe and fits all your needs. Couldn't ask for anything more. It's perfect for older people who have a hard time getting in and out of the tub so it would have to be made safe. Ask any question or problem you may have. They really want to help you out. They care about you and will help you if they can and if not they will make sure someone does help you. Very good value. It's worth the price of a good peace of mind because life is hard enough as you get older so do what you can to help make the best of it.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2016

Im surprised that someone didnt make one of these items years ago. The design is so great, that it's the envy of all my friends and family. It has a flaw or two but it is not enough to make me dislike the item. I recommend these products to everyone I know. I would buy another in the future. The customer service gets it. They know the product inside and out. Im glad they work for that company. I wish companies had workers like these. This is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. The value is spectacular. Keep up the great work and bring out more items to buy.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2016

Great, to the point, has what I want and need at all times. Fresh, fun. I never have to search for what I am looking for for very long. I have and know what I want and can get it faster and easier without hassles or worries. Customer services is awesome and nothing there is confusing or frustrating. Love their prices and selections. There is nothing bad to say about them and what they stand for. Always has the best prices and great services. There is always something new to find and try. I love everything about them.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceFeatures

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2016

Great customer service. Quick installation. Very nice to me, and my family. Called to check on us. I would recommend them if they had better designs. They have the non grip surface. It came with instructions and how tos to make everything easy. Has nice metal rods and a great shower head. Non rust and very sturdy. Awesome! Efficient on time personnel. Quick to answer questions. Worked with insurances. Checked on project. I would recommend them because they we're kind, respectful, open. Love them very much. They have the best prices going on out here right now. They have a veterans discount and we're very reasonable compared to people you see out there. Great website.

Customer ServicePriceFeatures

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2016

Nothing more nice than to be able to open a door and sit down to your own little hot tub so to say. Very convenient and so relaxing yet very safe. The door is so convenient and allows you to step right into your bathtub. No way to slip and fall and no stepping over your tub to take a bath. The customer service was a very easy and simple phone call. They were very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns with genuine helpfulness. The cost of it is depending on a couple of factors but is totally worth whatever you invest in it. You will be very happy with what you do. Invest in it because it absolutely pays off!

American Standard Walk-in Baths Company Information