Shop Now

4.6/5 (47 ratings)

About Orgain

Orgain offers nutritional and convenient organic products ranging from nutrition and protein shakes to protein powders and protein bars. Their products are designed for a healthy lifestyle including losing weight, gaining strength, everyday nutrition or meal replacements. The delicious shakes and powders are packed with the most nutritious and highest quality ingredients in the world and all of their products are non-GMO and free of gluten, soy, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.

Pros

• Options for many dietary needs
  • Doctor developed
  • High-quality ingredients

Cons

• Not many flavors

Bottom Line

Orgain nutritional products include protein powders, shakes and bars, plus collagen peptides, almond milk and kids protein supplements. Plant-based and dairy-based protein sources are available.

About Orgain

Orgain products are formulated for meal replacements, weight loss, muscle gain and everyday nutrition. Orgain’s line of products includes plant-based and whey protein powders, protein bars and nutritional shakes for kids and vegans.

All Orgain protein drinks are certified organic, low in sugar and high in protein without any artificial sweeteners, preservatives or colorings. Simple Orgain protein bars are made with dates, chia seeds and organic fruit or nuts, and healthy snack bars for kids are relatively low in sugar.

Orgain products can be purchased individually, in bulk or in bundled packages. You can find Orgain at grocery, wellness and convenience stores across the U.S. as well as online. Orgain provides free shipping on all orders over $75.

Popular Orgain products

Orgain offers protein powders, nutritional powders, nutritional shakes, protein shakes, protein bars, almond milk, collagen peptides and more.

Orgain Protein Plant Based Protein Powder review

Most people use Orgain Organic Protein Powder as a meal replacement or diet supplement. Each serving of Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder contains 21 grams of plant-based protein, 150 calories, 15 carbohydrates and 4 to 6 grams of dietary fiber (varies by flavor). Orgain protein powder ingredients include pea protein and chia seeds. The powder can be mixed or blended with water, milk or milk substitutes.

Orgain’s most popular protein powder is available in creamy chocolate fudge, chocolate peanut butter, peanut butter, chocolate coconut and vanilla flavors, or natural unsweetened. Additional Orgain protein powder options include organic protein and greens, protein and superfoods and clean whey.

orgain organic protein powder
ORGAIN PROTEIN PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER DETAILS
  • 21 grams of plant-based protein
  • 150 calories
  • Vegan and gluten-free
  • $29.99 per canister

Orgain Organic Nutrition Shake review

In addition to 16 grams of protein, Orgain nutrition shakes have 21 vitamins and minerals. Orgain sources grass-fed cows because their milk has the most omega-3 fatty acids. Vegan nutrition blends are also available with plant-based protein from peas and chia seeds. Vegan and dairy blends are gluten-free, non-GMO and made without soy ingredients.

Orgain Organic Nutrition Shakes are a convenient way for kids and adults to plan healthy snacks around busy schedules. These shakes are available in four flavors: creamy chocolate fudge, vanilla bean, strawberries and cream and iced cafe mocha.

orgain organic nutrition shake
ORGAIN NUTRITION SHAKE DETAILS
  • 16 grams of protein
  • 220 - 250 calories
  • Gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO
  • $29.99 per case or $2.50 per shake

Orgain Grass Fed Pasture Raised Collagen Peptides review

Orgain sources collagen peptides from grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. Orgain Collagen Peptides smoothly mix into any hot or cold liquid. Since it’s odorless and tasteless, you can mix it into an electrolyte drink after a workout.

Collagen peptides are proteins made of amino acids. As a supplement, it supports muscle recovery as well as joint, skin, hair and nail health. Orgain Collagen Peptides are naturally free of sugar, soy, gluten, preservatives and additives.

orgain collagen peptides
ORGAIN GRASS FED PASTURE RAISED PEPTIDES DETAILS
  • 20 grams of collagen peptides
  • 18 grams of protein
  • Gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO
  • $29.99 per canister

Orgain FAQ

Is Orgain a meal replacement?
Orgain Organic Meal Powder is designed to be used as a meal replacement. It has 20 grams of plant-based protein, 8 grams of fiber and 220 calories per serving. Other Orgain products can be used to replace meals or as a snack.
Is Orgain good for weight loss?
Yes, Orgain products are good for weight loss because they can curb appetite and boost energy. Orgain Organic Protein powder, Organic Protein shakes and Organic Nutrition shakes are specially designed for weight loss.
Is Orgain Organic Protein healthy?
Yes. Certified Organic Orgain products are made without synthetic hormones, toxic pesticides, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors or GMOs.
Are Orgain products vegan?
Orgain offers several certified vegan products: Vegan Organic Nutrition Shakes, Organic Meal Powder, 21g Organic Plant Based Protein Shakes, Organic Superfoods Powder, Organic Plant Protein Powder + Greens, Organic Protein + Superfoods, Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Organic Protein Almond Milk and Organic Protein Bars.
Are Orgain products good for kids?
Yes, Orgain Kids Protein products are a good way for kids to enjoy a nutritious snack. Organic Kids O-Bars have less sugar than many snack bars, and Kids Protein Organic Nutrition Shake has 8 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and 21 vitamins and minerals.
What do you mix Orgain protein with?
You can mix Orgain with water, milk or milk substitute drinks. You can also stir it in with oatmeal or use it for cooking and baking.

Is Orgain worth it?

Yes. Orgain Organic Protein is a smart choice for those interested in everyday nutrition, losing weight and gaining strength. Shakes and powders are available with vegan or grass-fed whey protein options. Many products are gluten-free and suitable for keto or paleo diets.

Orgain Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orgain?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orgain?

Original review: July 21, 2021

I had purchased several cases of the Grass-fed Vanilla Bean Shakes from Amazon Subscribe and Save. These are my favorite shakes and have been for quite some time! Several months ago I had received 3 boxes from Amazon and they were all spoiled. Chalky, chunky and just flat out disgusting. Amazon would not take a return because I had surpassed the timeframe in which to do so (given my surplus of cases). I decided to reach out to Orgain directly and I am so glad that I did! The level of customer care was outstanding! More than I expected. They requested a few items from me as evidence of the purchase but they replaced the 3 cases and shipped them to me in a heartbeat. I am back to loving the great taste I always have and grateful for the exceptional experience I had with Orgain Support.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

My personal trainer said that one of her colleagues who is a vegan personal trainer was using Orgain and that he had really built muscle and stuff, which is what I'm trying to do. I've been using them for three months now and so far, I've seen noticeable gains. They taste great so I'm all for it. With the shipping process, I understand that the whole postal system now takes a little bit longer than expected, I have no complaints. I like that there's a lot of products. So far, I've used the protein shakes, the meal replacement, and the bars. Yesterday, I just bought the shakes to go, not the powder. I'm gonna try it and see if I like it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I made a post in one of my vegan groups on Facebook, asking for recommendations for protein shakes and a lot of people recommended Orgain. I've been drinking them for a few months now. I've started working out quite regularly. I really don't eat or drink a whole lot so it helps me make sure I'm getting enough protein in so that I can build muscle. I'll do the powder after I workout and then during my workday, I can just grab one of the RTDs which is the ready to drink and take it with me in my lunch box. It's convenient.

I've been pretty pleased with it so far. I've got a sensitive stomach and I haven't had any upset stomach, which I found happens with a lot of protein shakes and drinks like that. It tastes good too. A huge draw for me is that they have plant-based powders and drinks because I don't consume meat or dairy. Finding a great-tasting protein shake and powder is proven difficult. But whenever I started with Orgain, I was pleasantly surprised. I always suggest it to people every time they are curious about it. I’ve even given drinks before to my friends and co-workers so that they can try it. I also have the pancake and waffle mix that has protein in it as well.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Orgain kids protein is a healthy organic nutritional shake for children. After trying the different flavors available, my kid’s only favorite is the strawberry flavor. I have nothing bad to say about the shake, but I wish they will provide a Dairy -free option with the great same benefits.

Hi Gloria!

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it! We have great news to share! We recently released a vegan friendly (made without dairy) version of our Kids Protein Nutrition Shake! It is offered in two flavors, Vanilla and Chocolate for now. They are currently available on our website. We hope your family enjoys them. We look forward to your feedback on these new shakes. :)

Thank you for your kind support!

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

My kids like the taste of Orgain and I use it as a supplement. I'm vegetarian, so I like the vegan protein. Then, my kids and I like the chocolate drinks. The only thing is, the price has gone up. It’s expensive and with kids, recession, and pandemic, maybe they could throw out some more incentives such as coupons and things like that. That would be helpful. They also do not have many other flavors. I know that they're starting to make creamers and products with MCT, so they just have to be more up to par and get more up-to-date products. For example, they didn't have a nut creamer, whether it'd be cashew or almond, seasonal like pumpkin spice or anything like that. They put a recipe, but I'm not going to do that. I have kids and I work. I'd rather go buy it, so I did. I went with Nutpods, so they have my business there.

Other than that, I wish Orgain would offer more free shipping, then I would order more from them. But at this point, I wait until Costco has it on sale to get it so I don't have to pay shipping because it adds up. And it's weighty, so it's more money. They want you to hit $100 then you get free shipping, but I don't have $100 to be spending like that. I'm on a budget, so it has to go with my grocery budget, whether it's one box or two. But I will never buy multiple and I will never stock up because of the cost. Still, I hope that they don't leave Costco because I will be very unhappy.

Hi Judee!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear your family is enjoying our ready-to-drink shakes! Good news is we very often email promo codes to discount your purchases so please keep an eye on your inbox. Stay tuned for our November promotions! :)

We'll share your feedback with our R&D team to work on some new flavors and bring back our pumpkin spice flavor next year! We're always looking for ways to further evolve our product catalog.

The Orgain Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I’ve tried many different protein powders and this is my favorite. It blends well, has a delicious taste and cooks well too, so I can add it to banana bread or any other recipe that I can add a powder substance to. I highly recommend this protein powder. I also enjoy the rewards and online experience when I order.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Brittany W did such an amazing job addressing my concerns and calming my worries. I felt heard and supported through her replies. She was efficient and a great communicator. I had no hope until I was helped by Brittany. I hope my positive recount concerning my interaction with Brittany via email will show positively on her behalf.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Orgain products themselves are always one of my go-to's. Not only are the protein powders super tasty, they actually work. I wasn't personally trying to lose weight so to speak, but muscle mass growth and leaning out were more my goals. Either way, I love Orgain as a whole!

Original review: April 29, 2021

The Orgain products are amazing, we use the powder and the collagen. Love all the flavors of the powder! Orders are processed and arrive quickly and efficiently! My husband and I love that the products are natural and not full of lots of artificial ingredients and fillers, which is super important to us!

Hi Kara,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoying the products and happy with our service. Your satisfaction is our number 1 priority. We appreciate your kind support!

Original review: April 29, 2021

We have been happy with both single and subscription orders. We enjoy a variety of Orgain products; our favorites are their gluten free pancake mix, individual dairy free nutrition drinks and superfoods Immune Up mix as a hot drink. We highly recommend Orgain products and service.

Original review: April 29, 2021

The website’s pretty easy to use and ordering takes two minutes. Compared to a lot of the other ones I've tried, this is the best one so far. It tastes great. It has the protein servings that I need. It mixes well. I’m sticking with this. The pricing's also fair so no complaints. I live in Las Vegas but I get free shipping, and it shipped within about four to five days. I would definitely recommend the product. It worked out great for me and I haven't had any issues with it. The best vegan protein powder in the market.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I love all the "clean products" you offer. The taste matches its health benefits. The subscription helps lower the cost. Great products all the way around. I highly endorse your products. Customer service also matches all the above.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I love my orders and have had no issue with digestion at all. Taste is actually good even with water, though slightly chalky. Price could do with a 15% reduction however, but I understand since literally every ingredient on the back is listed as "organic". Would like to see them increase unit size by 15% at the very least without increasing price.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Both my husband and I drink your Orgain protein and Superfood shakes. We order the 2.02lb canister. I love the vanilla bean while my husband loves the creamy chocolate fudge. They taste great! The amount of protein and nutrients was just what we were looking for to start our mornings out right. Thank you!

Original review: March 5, 2021

The BEST delicious nutritional shake I found that meets my needs with cancer. Orgain Shake is sound nutrition when I can't endure a meal or when I want a simple meal and a piece of fruit as an accompaniment. I love it contains fruit/veg blend, protein, vitamins, no soy.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Like them very much! Taste great and are very healthy. Ordering online was easy and quick. With the discount they are a better bargain than buying in the store. Free shipping is an added plus to the purchase. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I took advantage of a buy two, get one free offer that was recommended to me from a few friends. The product arrived in a timely manner. Tastes amazing. Not chalky or clumpy. Would definitely reorder in the future. Highly recommend. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I've drank 1 of these 99% of my mornings for over 7 years and has always been a great way the start the day healthy! Ordering online is easy, shipping has always been 2 or 3 days, and the 30 or more % off is appreciated!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

For Some reason, the entire shipment arrived in an altered state. We refrigerate them as normal, But they all come out half solid. My son won’t drink them. This is very disappointing. Can you please send another shipment that is not spoiled.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I last received 1 case of Orgain (26g) 14 oz. vanilla bean. It should be a subscription. Please tell me the information you have. There needs to be people involved to get this straight. I like Orgain very much. Please respond. Are there any discounts or special programs for this product. It’s very expensive for my budget. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I liked the benefits they were offering with it so I got the meal replacement from Orgain. Every day it does what it's supposed to do which is giving me nutrition The taste's been good and the shipping's been fast.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Tried to order Vanilla Shakes and cart defaulted back to Chocolate. Called CS during business hrs and got a "we're closed" message. Emailed CS. Got a link that worked but then State menu won't open. Gave up!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

A friend of mine introduced Orgain to me. I bought the chocolate protein powder and the experience was fantastic. I'm already getting a deal based off the amount of scoops that I get out of the container and they're also offering it at a cheaper price. The product itself without adding anything is phenomenal. It tastes great. You usually don't have to add anything to it aside from water or milk. But if you can, you could add bananas or whatever you prefer. People usually ask me what do I use as a meal replacement and Orgain is usually it. I usually offer that to them and those who I suggested it to that tried it love it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We get Orgain ‘cause it’s dairy-free. My son's allergic to dairy, so that's why I get that. He's trying to gain weight. It's working for him.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

They have products that engage me to be healthier and provide me with no side effects. Their protein give me strength and added nutrients. I am happy with their price, shipping, and delivery. I am never disappointed with any of their products.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Glad to see your products are lower in sodium than the other nutritional products on the market. The taste is also far more appealing and mixes well with just a shaker bottle. No chalky aftertaste either. The price can't be beat either.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I'm honestly elated to have stumbled across this gem. I have tried soo many protein powders. This one beats all by far. I like the flavor, the texture, and the clean nourishment it provides. Everything is seamless from their website to arriving at my door.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Excellent service and product. It’s cheaper than trying to find it locally, plus a wider variety of flavours to choose from. I’ve recommended it to friends as well. Love the taste and ease of use. Mixing it either with almond milk or regular milk, still tastes great. Never gritty nor grainy.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I needed to be on a high protein diet and wasn't able to eat enough. Orgain was recommended, and I've been using it ever since. I used the Organic Protein Superfoods. It's a super protein line with all the beans and greens and the vegetables. Purchasing was easy. The product's quality is excellent. The taste is really good. I have been able to maintain my weight through chemotherapy treatments, and it makes it easy for me to get enough protein.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Tastes great without dairy (lactose intolerant), without artificial sweeteners, and still has great stats. Orgain Simple is my go to protein for shakes, smoothies, and baking. (My kids love my chocolate peanut butter protein pancakes!) Thanks for making such a great product!

Orgain Company Information