Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

Orgain offers nutritional and convenient organic products ranging from nutrition and protein shakes to protein powders and protein bars. Their products are designed for a healthy lifestyle including losing weight, gaining strength, everyday nutrition or meal replacements. The delicious shakes and powders are packed with the most nutritious and highest quality ingredients in the world and all of their products are non-GMO and free of gluten, soy, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.

BOTTOM LINE

Orgain nutritional products include protein powders, shakes and bars, plus collagen peptides, almond milk and kids protein supplements. Plant-based and dairy-based protein sources are available.

PROS

• Options for many dietary needs
  • Doctor developed
  • High-quality ingredients

CONS

• Not many flavors

About Orgain

Orgain products are formulated for meal replacements, weight loss, muscle gain and everyday nutrition. Orgain’s line of products includes plant-based and whey protein powders, protein bars and nutritional shakes for kids and vegans.

All Orgain protein drinks are certified organic, low in sugar and high in protein without any artificial sweeteners, preservatives or colorings. Simple Orgain protein bars are made with dates, chia seeds and organic fruit or nuts, and healthy snack bars for kids are relatively low in sugar.

Orgain products can be purchased individually, in bulk or in bundled packages. You can find Orgain at grocery, wellness and convenience stores across the U.S. as well as online. Orgain provides free shipping on all orders over $75.

Orgain Organic Nutrition Shake review

In addition to 16 grams of protein, Orgain nutrition shakes have 21 vitamins and minerals. Orgain sources grass-fed cows because their milk has the most omega-3 fatty acids. Vegan nutrition blends are also available with plant-based protein from peas and chia seeds. Vegan and dairy blends are gluten-free, non-GMO and made without soy ingredients.

Orgain Organic Nutrition Shakes are a convenient way for kids and adults to plan healthy snacks around busy schedules. These shakes are available in four flavors: creamy chocolate fudge, vanilla bean, strawberries and cream and iced cafe mocha.

orgain organic nutrition shake
ORGAIN NUTRITION SHAKE DETAILS
  • 16 grams of protein
  • 220 - 250 calories
  • Gluten-free, soy-free and non-GMO
  • $29.99 per case or $2.50 per shake

Orgain Grass Fed Pasture Raised Collagen Peptides review

Orgain sources collagen peptides from grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. Orgain Collagen Peptides smoothly mix into any hot or cold liquid. Since it’s odorless and tasteless, you can mix it into an electrolyte drink after a workout.

Collagen peptides are proteins made of amino acids. As a supplement, it supports muscle recovery as well as joint, skin, hair and nail health. Orgain Collagen Peptides are naturally free of sugar, soy, gluten, preservatives and additives.

orgain collagen peptides
ORGAIN GRASS FED PASTURE RAISED PEPTIDES DETAILS
  • 20 grams of collagen peptides
  • 18 grams of protein
  • Gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO
  • $29.99 per canister

Orgain FAQ

Is Orgain a meal replacement?
Orgain Organic Meal Powder is designed to be used as a meal replacement. It has 20 grams of plant-based protein, 8 grams of fiber and 220 calories per serving. Other Orgain products can be used to replace meals or as a snack.
Is Orgain good for weight loss?
Yes, Orgain products are good for weight loss because they can curb appetite and boost energy. Orgain Organic Protein powder, Organic Protein shakes and Organic Nutrition shakes are specially designed for weight loss.
Is Orgain Organic Protein healthy?
Yes. Certified Organic Orgain products are made without synthetic hormones, toxic pesticides, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors or GMOs.
Are Orgain products vegan?
Orgain offers several certified vegan products: Vegan Organic Nutrition Shakes, Organic Meal Powder, 21g Organic Plant Based Protein Shakes, Organic Superfoods Powder, Organic Plant Protein Powder + Greens, Organic Protein + Superfoods, Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Organic Protein Almond Milk and Organic Protein Bars.
Are Orgain products good for kids?
Yes, Orgain Kids Protein products are a good way for kids to enjoy a nutritious snack. Organic Kids O-Bars have less sugar than many snack bars, and Kids Protein Organic Nutrition Shake has 8 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and 21 vitamins and minerals.
What do you mix Orgain protein with?
You can mix Orgain with water, milk or milk substitute drinks. You can also stir it in with oatmeal or use it for cooking and baking.

Is Orgain worth it?

Yes. Orgain Organic Protein is a smart choice for those interested in everyday nutrition, losing weight and gaining strength. Shakes and powders are available with vegan or grass-fed whey protein options. Many products are gluten-free and suitable for keto or paleo diets.

Orgain Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orgain?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orgain?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I made a post in one of my vegan groups on Facebook, asking for recommendations for protein shakes and a lot of people recommended Orgain. I've been drinking them for a few months now. I've started working out quite regularly. I really don't eat or drink a whole lot so it helps me make sure I'm getting enough protein in so that I can build muscle. I'll do the powder after I workout and then during my workday, I can just grab one of the RTDs which is the ready to drink and take it with me in my lunch box. It's convenient.

I've been pretty pleased with it so far. I've got a sensitive stomach and I haven't had any upset stomach, which I found happens with a lot of protein shakes and drinks like that. It tastes good too. A huge draw for me is that they have plant-based powders and drinks because I don't consume meat or dairy. Finding a great-tasting protein shake and powder is proven difficult. But whenever I started with Orgain, I was pleasantly surprised. I always suggest it to people every time they are curious about it. I’ve even given drinks before to my friends and co-workers so that they can try it. I also have the pancake and waffle mix that has protein in it as well.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

My kids like the taste of Orgain and I use it as a supplement. I'm vegetarian, so I like the vegan protein. Then, my kids and I like the chocolate drinks. The only thing is, the price has gone up. It’s expensive and with kids, recession, and pandemic, maybe they could throw out some more incentives such as coupons and things like that. That would be helpful. They also do not have many other flavors. I know that they're starting to make creamers and products with MCT, so they just have to be more up to par and get more up-to-date products. For example, they didn't have a nut creamer, whether it'd be cashew or almond, seasonal like pumpkin spice or anything like that. They put a recipe, but I'm not going to do that. I have kids and I work. I'd rather go buy it, so I did. I went with Nutpods, so they have my business there.

Other than that, I wish Orgain would offer more free shipping, then I would order more from them. But at this point, I wait until Costco has it on sale to get it so I don't have to pay shipping because it adds up. And it's weighty, so it's more money. They want you to hit $100 then you get free shipping, but I don't have $100 to be spending like that. I'm on a budget, so it has to go with my grocery budget, whether it's one box or two. But I will never buy multiple and I will never stock up because of the cost. Still, I hope that they don't leave Costco because I will be very unhappy.

Orgain response

Hi Judee!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear your family is enjoying our ready-to-drink shakes! Good news is we very often email promo codes to discount your purchases so please keep an eye on your inbox. Stay tuned for our November promotions! :)

We'll share your feedback with our R&D team to work on some new flavors and bring back our pumpkin spice flavor next year! We're always looking for ways to further evolve our product catalog.

In good health,

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I was looking to build muscle and cut out some carbs and I was looking just to increase protein. I was looking for something that was dairy-free and I saw Orgain in a Whole Foods a couple years ago. They were using the rice base instead of key protein base. I like Orgain. I just wish the price was a little bit lower. I used to get it off Amazon, and then I would do it on the website because I use it for breakfast most days.

Also, I wish there was a version that was a lower carb. There is a low carb one, but there's chocolate ones and I like the vanilla better. They used to make the 24 ounces. They don't make them anymore. They were discontinued. The only option is this new one that's 20 grams and it's chocolate. I feel like a vanilla version would be better. I'm just not a big chocolate fan. I'd rather have vanilla. You can mix vanilla in smoothies, and you can't do that with the chocolate. I haven't ordered for a few months because of the price point and I was waiting for sales. Then, I went to order and the 24-ounce one has been discontinued in vanilla. I don't wanna get the chocolate. It's out of stock too.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've been using Orgain for so long. I would buy the tubs of protein but it doesn't work with me. I bought the vegan chocolate powder and I liked it ‘cause it didn't taste like normal vegan powders especially the all-in-one nutritional powder. I continued to buy it ‘cause a lot of vegan products taste really bad. I tried a couple different kinds of the powders and lately I've been doing the whey nutritional shakes. They've helped me with weight gain. That was always an issue for me and getting that whole scale of nutrients.

I always drink one of those shakes in the morning. It helps me get that start to the day. It was my breakfast when I didn't use to eat one. That’s definitely helped me get a little bit more of the protein and nutrients without really having to think about it. It's replaced a couple bad habits for me too like milk shakes or chocolate milk that doesn't always agree with me or isn't really good for me. I tell a lot of people about Orgain. I tried to apply for the ambassador program too, but I never heard back. It’s definitely something that I even promote without that.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I purchased Orgain at the store originally and after I made the first purchase, the taste made me choose them. Right now, it would be both the taste and the nutritional content. Before, you could get batches that weren't so good but the consistency of the taste has gotten much better. I bought a nutritional shake and I use it as part of a nutritionally complete diet. There wasn't a goal, necessarily, in mind other than to get something else that I can eat that's super healthy and have some benefit to it. When I bought from them directly, it was a good experience. The shipping was not fast but it was very easy. It takes about a week out here in Oregon, part of that is because it’s shipped out of Pennsylvania.

I've been using Orgain for at least five years and they could drop the sugar content of the one that I drink by four grams and it would probably be just as good. Every little bit counts to me and I try to minimize sugar in my diet. I just got from our mail today the Organic Nutrition Nutritional Shake. It has 12 grams of sugar and if they brought it by a third, it probably would be an insignificant difference in terms of taste. They're organic vegetables and there is obviously some sugar. Orgain is all organic, which is important to me. There's grass-fed milk protein, organic fruits, organic veggies and a vitamin and mineral pack, which I don't need. I get it in other ways but it's okay.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I love my orders and have had no issue with digestion at all. Taste is actually good even with water, though slightly chalky. Price could do with a 15% reduction however, but I understand since literally every ingredient on the back is listed as "organic". Would like to see them increase unit size by 15% at the very least without increasing price.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Both my husband and I drink your Orgain protein and Superfood shakes. We order the 2.02lb canister. I love the vanilla bean while my husband loves the creamy chocolate fudge. They taste great! The amount of protein and nutrients was just what we were looking for to start our mornings out right. Thank you!

Original review: March 5, 2021

The BEST delicious nutritional shake I found that meets my needs with cancer. Orgain Shake is sound nutrition when I can't endure a meal or when I want a simple meal and a piece of fruit as an accompaniment. I love it contains fruit/veg blend, protein, vitamins, no soy.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Like them very much! Taste great and are very healthy. Ordering online was easy and quick. With the discount they are a better bargain than buying in the store. Free shipping is an added plus to the purchase. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I took advantage of a buy two, get one free offer that was recommended to me from a few friends. The product arrived in a timely manner. Tastes amazing. Not chalky or clumpy. Would definitely reorder in the future. Highly recommend. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I've drank 1 of these 99% of my mornings for over 7 years and has always been a great way the start the day healthy! Ordering online is easy, shipping has always been 2 or 3 days, and the 30 or more % off is appreciated!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

For Some reason, the entire shipment arrived in an altered state. We refrigerate them as normal, But they all come out half solid. My son won’t drink them. This is very disappointing. Can you please send another shipment that is not spoiled.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I last received 1 case of Orgain (26g) 14 oz. vanilla bean. It should be a subscription. Please tell me the information you have. There needs to be people involved to get this straight. I like Orgain very much. Please respond. Are there any discounts or special programs for this product. It’s very expensive for my budget. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I liked the benefits they were offering with it so I got the meal replacement from Orgain. Every day it does what it's supposed to do which is giving me nutrition The taste's been good and the shipping's been fast.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Tried to order Vanilla Shakes and cart defaulted back to Chocolate. Called CS during business hrs and got a "we're closed" message. Emailed CS. Got a link that worked but then State menu won't open. Gave up!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

A friend of mine introduced Orgain to me. I bought the chocolate protein powder and the experience was fantastic. I'm already getting a deal based off the amount of scoops that I get out of the container and they're also offering it at a cheaper price. The product itself without adding anything is phenomenal. It tastes great. You usually don't have to add anything to it aside from water or milk. But if you can, you could add bananas or whatever you prefer. People usually ask me what do I use as a meal replacement and Orgain is usually it. I usually offer that to them and those who I suggested it to that tried it love it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We get Orgain ‘cause it’s dairy-free. My son's allergic to dairy, so that's why I get that. He's trying to gain weight. It's working for him.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

They have products that engage me to be healthier and provide me with no side effects. Their protein give me strength and added nutrients. I am happy with their price, shipping, and delivery. I am never disappointed with any of their products.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Glad to see your products are lower in sodium than the other nutritional products on the market. The taste is also far more appealing and mixes well with just a shaker bottle. No chalky aftertaste either. The price can't be beat either.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I'm honestly elated to have stumbled across this gem. I have tried soo many protein powders. This one beats all by far. I like the flavor, the texture, and the clean nourishment it provides. Everything is seamless from their website to arriving at my door.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Excellent service and product. It’s cheaper than trying to find it locally, plus a wider variety of flavours to choose from. I’ve recommended it to friends as well. Love the taste and ease of use. Mixing it either with almond milk or regular milk, still tastes great. Never gritty nor grainy.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I needed to be on a high protein diet and wasn't able to eat enough. Orgain was recommended, and I've been using it ever since. I used the Organic Protein Superfoods. It's a super protein line with all the beans and greens and the vegetables. Purchasing was easy. The product's quality is excellent. The taste is really good. I have been able to maintain my weight through chemotherapy treatments, and it makes it easy for me to get enough protein.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Tastes great without dairy (lactose intolerant), without artificial sweeteners, and still has great stats. Orgain Simple is my go to protein for shakes, smoothies, and baking. (My kids love my chocolate peanut butter protein pancakes!) Thanks for making such a great product!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Orgain is my favorite protein product. There's no bad after taste and the flavors they offer are delicious. I really like the powder but also find the individual shakes pretty convenient. They are much more flavorful than other brands I've tried. Reasonably priced and outstanding customer service! Highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I've had Orgain before and I liked it. I just started again. They sent me chocolate the second time around. I don't know if I messed up when I ordered it but I prefer vanilla. I have a 24-pack for 30 bucks. It's very expensive but it's helping me keep up with the necessary protein I need to have. I have Crohn's and it helps with my dietary needs.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Orgain kids protein is a healthy organic nutritional shake for children. After trying the different flavors available, my kid’s only favorite is the strawberry flavor. I have nothing bad to say about the shake, but I wish they will provide a Dairy -free option with the great same benefits.

Orgain response

Hi Gloria!

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it! We have great news to share! We recently released a vegan friendly (made without dairy) version of our Kids Protein Nutrition Shake! It is offered in two flavors, Vanilla and Chocolate for now. They are currently available on our website. We hope your family enjoys them. We look forward to your feedback on these new shakes. :)

Thank you for your kind support!

In good health,

The Orgain Team

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My daughter has been drinking Orgain for the past 4 years and it has helped her gain weight and stay healthy. She has an autoimmune disease and ARFID and has had trouble gaining weight. We knew how much she loved it so we always stock up! We now have 6 cases that she won't drink since the formula has been changed. The difference is rice dextrin and she can't drink it. We can't return the unused cases because we are past 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I love Orgain mixes. Finally found a protein mix that tastes amazing and keeps me feeling full for hours. The Superfood mixes are my favorite because everything I need is right in the mix. No need to add extra powders.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I’ve been faithfully using the protein drinks and powders for about a year now. The quality is great and I finally found something that tastes great and is not chalky or too sweet! My whole family loves them and the price is right in my opinion. I really like this company for its philosophy on health and the products that they offer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have a continuous monthly order with Orgain. My order always comes on time and always has the same great quality. It is a delicious, healthy drink that I can count on. I am a very satisfied customer. I expect to be continuing my orders with Orgain for a long time to come.

Orgain Company Information