4.6/5 (141 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Orgain

Orgain offers nutritional and convenient organic products ranging from nutrition and protein shakes to protein powders and protein bars. Their products are designed for a healthy lifestyle including losing weight, gaining strength, everyday nutrition or meal replacements. The delicious shakes and powders are packed with the most nutritious and highest quality ingredients in the world and all of their products are non-GMO and free of gluten, soy, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.

Pros

• Options for many dietary needs
  • Doctor developed
  • High-quality ingredients

Cons

• Not many flavors

Bottom Line

Orgain nutritional products include protein powders, shakes and bars, plus collagen peptides, almond milk and kids protein supplements. Plant-based and dairy-based protein sources are available.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Orgain Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orgain?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I made a post in one of my vegan groups on Facebook, asking for recommendations for protein shakes and a lot of people recommended Orgain. I've been drinking them for a few months now. I've started working out quite regularly. I really don't eat or drink a whole lot so it helps me make sure I'm getting enough protein in so that I can build muscle. I'll do the powder after I workout and then during my workday, I can just grab one of the RTDs which is the ready to drink and take it with me in my lunch box. It's convenient.

I've been pretty pleased with it so far. I've got a sensitive stomach and I haven't had any upset stomach, which I found happens with a lot of protein shakes and drinks like that. It tastes good too. A huge draw for me is that they have plant-based powders and drinks because I don't consume meat or dairy. Finding a great-tasting protein shake and powder is proven difficult. But whenever I started with Orgain, I was pleasantly surprised. I always suggest it to people every time they are curious about it. I’ve even given drinks before to my friends and co-workers so that they can try it. I also have the pancake and waffle mix that has protein in it as well.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

They have products that engage me to be healthier and provide me with no side effects. Their protein give me strength and added nutrients. I am happy with their price, shipping, and delivery. I am never disappointed with any of their products.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Glad to see your products are lower in sodium than the other nutritional products on the market. The taste is also far more appealing and mixes well with just a shaker bottle. No chalky aftertaste either. The price can't be beat either.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I'm honestly elated to have stumbled across this gem. I have tried soo many protein powders. This one beats all by far. I like the flavor, the texture, and the clean nourishment it provides. Everything is seamless from their website to arriving at my door.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Excellent service and product. It’s cheaper than trying to find it locally, plus a wider variety of flavours to choose from. I’ve recommended it to friends as well. Love the taste and ease of use. Mixing it either with almond milk or regular milk, still tastes great. Never gritty nor grainy.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I needed to be on a high protein diet and wasn't able to eat enough. Orgain was recommended, and I've been using it ever since. I used the Organic Protein Superfoods. It's a super protein line with all the beans and greens and the vegetables. Purchasing was easy. The product's quality is excellent. The taste is really good. I have been able to maintain my weight through chemotherapy treatments, and it makes it easy for me to get enough protein.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Tastes great without dairy (lactose intolerant), without artificial sweeteners, and still has great stats. Orgain Simple is my go to protein for shakes, smoothies, and baking. (My kids love my chocolate peanut butter protein pancakes!) Thanks for making such a great product!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Orgain is my favorite protein product. There's no bad after taste and the flavors they offer are delicious. I really like the powder but also find the individual shakes pretty convenient. They are much more flavorful than other brands I've tried. Reasonably priced and outstanding customer service! Highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I've had Orgain before and I liked it. I just started again. They sent me chocolate the second time around. I don't know if I messed up when I ordered it but I prefer vanilla. I have a 24-pack for 30 bucks. It's very expensive but it's helping me keep up with the necessary protein I need to have. I have Crohn's and it helps with my dietary needs.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Orgain kids protein is a healthy organic nutritional shake for children. After trying the different flavors available, my kid’s only favorite is the strawberry flavor. I have nothing bad to say about the shake, but I wish they will provide a Dairy -free option with the great same benefits.

Hi Gloria!

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it! We have great news to share! We recently released a vegan friendly (made without dairy) version of our Kids Protein Nutrition Shake! It is offered in two flavors, Vanilla and Chocolate for now. They are currently available on our website. We hope your family enjoys them. We look forward to your feedback on these new shakes. :)

Thank you for your kind support!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My daughter has been drinking Orgain for the past 4 years and it has helped her gain weight and stay healthy. She has an autoimmune disease and ARFID and has had trouble gaining weight. We knew how much she loved it so we always stock up! We now have 6 cases that she won't drink since the formula has been changed. The difference is rice dextrin and she can't drink it. We can't return the unused cases because we are past 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I love Orgain mixes. Finally found a protein mix that tastes amazing and keeps me feeling full for hours. The Superfood mixes are my favorite because everything I need is right in the mix. No need to add extra powders.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I’ve been faithfully using the protein drinks and powders for about a year now. The quality is great and I finally found something that tastes great and is not chalky or too sweet! My whole family loves them and the price is right in my opinion. I really like this company for its philosophy on health and the products that they offer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have a continuous monthly order with Orgain. My order always comes on time and always has the same great quality. It is a delicious, healthy drink that I can count on. I am a very satisfied customer. I expect to be continuing my orders with Orgain for a long time to come.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have tried their protein powder, bars and meal replacement powder. All of their products are delicious and help me get the nutrition and protein that I need to be healthy and build muscle. The fact that their products are dairy free is a real godsend for me since I have a serious lactose allergy and just about every other protein replacement is made from dairy products.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I ordered the Orgain Collagen Peptides, it’s an awesome product, great quality and taste. Their website is awesome, I always find what I need and the speed of service in shipping orders is amazing. In general all their products are organic and very good for you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

As a dietitian, I look for high quality foods and supplements sources, Orgain is there to meet these needs. I enjoy the orgain sport protein to meet my protein needs, and the recovery hydration powder after those long workouts. Thank you for quality products I can count on!! Kim

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I drink the protein superfoods powder every morning in a smoothie and I love it! It has a great flavor and isn't chalky. It always fills me up and never makes my stomach hurt. If I don't use it I can tell. I would recommend this to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have been using Orgain for about 1 year. It has made a remarkable change in my recovery. I am on a plant based diet and my health is returning. I make 3 shakes each day along with my plant based diet. Delivery is great and I love the Super Protein plant based the very best.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I really wanted to stop getting your product through Amazon’s subscription service and support your company directly. Not too bad. Costs a bit more, but the past two orders have been shorted and I have had to reach out to you and ask that my order is fulfilled or credited. I hope the program gets a little more streamlined with time.

Hi Tina!

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it as it helps us better serve you and fellow consumers. We will work on this and look forward to making progress. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Thank you for your kind support!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and desperate for something easy to digest while recovering. My nutritionist recommended Orgain over Ensure. I continue drinking ensure to this day, even though I am fully recovered from surgery! I drink it as is or use it to add to my smoothies. Highly recommend!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I order 15 cases of Orgain every month. Your shipping method is unsatisfactory. Outer box is smashed and has been reaped. Inside boxes are broken and product is loose in box. What a mess. This is the second month this has happened. Second complaint.

Hi Gail,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're so sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your orders. We appreciate the feedback and will work with the warehouse and carrier for a long term solution. We look forward to making progress on this. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

It's all organic ingredients, it tastes great, and it is very nutritious. I have been very happy with all my purchases from Orgain. I sometimes give them away to Halloween trick or treaters as a healthier alternative to candy and sweets.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

My kids like the taste of Orgain and I use it as a supplement. I'm vegetarian, so I like the vegan protein. Then, my kids and I like the chocolate drinks. The only thing is, the price has gone up. It’s expensive and with kids, recession, and pandemic, maybe they could throw out some more incentives such as coupons and things like that. That would be helpful. They also do not have many other flavors. I know that they're starting to make creamers and products with MCT, so they just have to be more up to par and get more up-to-date products. For example, they didn't have a nut creamer, whether it'd be cashew or almond, seasonal like pumpkin spice or anything like that. They put a recipe, but I'm not going to do that. I have kids and I work. I'd rather go buy it, so I did. I went with Nutpods, so they have my business there.

Other than that, I wish Orgain would offer more free shipping, then I would order more from them. But at this point, I wait until Costco has it on sale to get it so I don't have to pay shipping because it adds up. And it's weighty, so it's more money. They want you to hit $100 then you get free shipping, but I don't have $100 to be spending like that. I'm on a budget, so it has to go with my grocery budget, whether it's one box or two. But I will never buy multiple and I will never stock up because of the cost. Still, I hope that they don't leave Costco because I will be very unhappy.

Hi Judee!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear your family is enjoying our ready-to-drink shakes! Good news is we very often email promo codes to discount your purchases so please keep an eye on your inbox. Stay tuned for our November promotions! :)

We'll share your feedback with our R&D team to work on some new flavors and bring back our pumpkin spice flavor next year! We're always looking for ways to further evolve our product catalog.

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I've tried a lot and only a handful of products did not upset my stomach, and Orgain was one of them so I stuck with them. I originally started with the protein powder and greens. Now, I use the protein powder with superfoods. I love them. But the shipping process is hit and miss sometimes. Sometimes, it's really fast. Sometimes, it takes a little while. But I usually buy in bulk so that is never an issue for me.

Hi Greg!

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate it. We are glad to hear you're enjoying a variety of our protein powders. Good news is we have been diligently focused on improving our shipping speed. We look forward to making more progress on this! :)

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Once again Orgain comes through with multiple solutions for plant-based protein options. Their protein powder comes in handy for adding to various liquids, or as I like it, to my dairy-free yogurt alternative. In addition, they also offer nicely sized protein drinks for convenience. Either way you can count on good taste and nutrition.

Hi Joe!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're a fan! Thank you so much for your kind support! :)

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I was very sick and I had low vitamin levels. I was living in the city and someone told me that I needed a nutritional drink. So, I researched and I found Orgain. I love Orgain's product. I used to go to a specialty store to buy them. I purchased the vegan nutritional beverage that they have. I like both of the flavors, but the chocolate one is the best one. It's like chocolate milk, but not quite as sweet, which I like because I'm not a big, sweet person.

Since I've been using Orgain, I don't have any of the issues that I used to have. I'm not sick anymore. My health is turned around completely. I drink at least a couple of them a week. Their customer service and ordering from them online has been excellent. This is a company that I can really stand behind and support 'cause they have a really excellent product.

Hi Renita!

We are so happy you stumbled upon Orgain during your search and enjoying our ready-to-drink shakes. We're more thrilled to hear your health has turned around and your experience on our website has been positive. Thank you so much for your kind support! <3

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I am a regular purchaser. I not only drink the Organic Nutrition Shake every day, but I have also added the Kids Protein Organic Nutrition Shake too for additional protein. I must say that the straw on the Kids Shake is a little funky. It often feels like you are sucking air through it!

Hi Jane!

Glad to hear you're an avid fan! We'll share your feedback with the team to look into the straw issue further. :)

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Order was placed and tracking number was given. After the delivery day passed without my order I reached out. The agent had a four day long process she needed to go through before she could place a new order for me. I finally got my order 4 weeks after placing my original order.

Hi Aly!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're so sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. We appreciate your feedback and will review your case to look for ways to improve. We look forward to making progress on this and hope you'll return to purchase from us again in the future.

Thank you for giving us a shot, and your kind support! <3

The Orgain Team

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have been using the Orgain powder shake mix for more than a year. It tastes very good, especially when mixed with assorted fruits. It makes a healthy and satisfying lunch. Delivery from Orgain can be counted on to be on time and in good condition.

Hi Linda!

So happy to hear you're satisfied with Orgain! We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind support! <3

Orgain Company Information