Delta Dental

Compare Dental Insurance

Research top Dental Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Calls to Delta Dental always answered in a complete manner. They are professional and helpful staff. Claims processed quickly... Never had a problem with dentists when going for treatment with Delta Dental as an insurance company.

My coverage is through the (so-called) Kaiser Senior Advantage health plan for those with Medicare. But, dental fees are still outrageous, particularly for those on a limited income. Also, customer service at both the corporate level and in individual offices often leaves much to be desired.

I have had Delta for about 15 years. I never had to worry about appealing a claim or wait for their approval to get services done. My interaction with the company has been minor, just to request an insurance card.

I canceled my plan at the end of Feb. It was set to start in April. I was advised I would receive my refund within 10 days of cancellation. After continuous times calling and being told I would need to wait for a supervisor to send the refund request to billing which would send my refund out that following Friday. Yea right.. I just receive my refund check on today (5-1-17) and was unable to cash it... Go figure. Now tomorrow ill spend wasted aggravated time on the phone. I've decided I will never use Delta Dental again. I would tell my friends about this plan. Well so much for that.

Experience with Delta Dental has been very positive. The company is professional and takes pride in great service and works at keeping the pool of Delta Dental dentists numerous with some of the best dentists available. Costs are always a concern, and I'm confident that Delta will do what it can to keep those minimal. Competition is good but I am currently very satisfied with Delta.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Dental Plans Association?

Must carry the insurance for a year before they cover much of anything. I pay far more per year than I ever get out of the company ($42.80/mo). My dentist is a participating dentist but I always owe balances just for routine care twice annually. I am talking cleanings and checkups. Expensive for all the more coverage they provide.

I went to get my teeth pulled and got dentures and they were very helpful and easy to use. I didn't even have my card and just by contacting them the office had my policy information and was able to put through my claim quickly.

As with most dental plans there is a cap and limited coverage but this is a good company. Good coverage with reasonable rates and prompt claim processing. Good network of dental providers in my area.

Covers what you can afford not what you can't, like oral surgery. If you have good teeth it's fine. Only covers up to $1000 and it doesn't take long to get there.

Good coverage compared to other options available to retirees. Delta was what I had when I was working and the company paid into our coverage, so of course it was much more comprehensive in its benefits. Other plans cheaper but have much more limited benefits.

Everyone was really friendly. I was just in for a cleaning and the technician was very nice and not in a rush. The doctor came in when I was finished and checked me over and said it all looked good.

I like the preventive full covered treatments each 6 months yearly check up. I did not liked the 6 month waiting period for full coverage that if you start with the plan it will not cover you for emergencies.

Delta Dental is a great insurance company and has amazing customer service. They cover copays and other services and products, too.

I feel that Delta Dental should pay more on procedures such as root canals, crowns and tooth colored fillings especially on teeth that show when you smile.

I don't know how their regular insurance is but don't buy the discount card unless you verify the dentist will really take it. All the dentists on their list said they would not take the card except one and then he changed his mind after one visit. So we did get some work done but then were left out in the cold. But at least Delta was good about refunding the $72 card fee.

My employer decided to use Delta, I paid my monthly dues. I confirmed a dentist was in their system. After 10 painful office visits I discovered they billed my credit card 100% for items that should have been paid in part by Delta. This information was taken to my employer who referred it to Brown and Brown who were to address the issue with Delta. Months later I have received no reply from the dentist or Delta and the Dentist is still on their provider list.

I terminate a personal policy with Delta Dental by not paying the premium to renew the policy. I had acquired a Delta Dental policy through my employment, so they knew that I had another policy. However, they continued to demand payment and threatened me with a collection company. Hidden away in the policy is a requirement that a written letter needs to be sent to them to terminate. I believe this is VERY POOR customer service. Be careful of the scams from insurance companies.

We found that the premium to coverage ratio for our Delta Dental of Wisconsin policy was very poor at best. When I attempted to cancel the policy, I was informed that it had automatically renewed and that I was therefore obligated to pay premiums for the next year.

This has been a terrible dental insurance to work with. Poor coverage to no coverage. When my husband had all teeth removed and the best dentist to cover it was denied payment, we decided to pull his coverage. Delta dental won't allow it even though there is nothing that can be done for my husband coverage wise. We will have paid $12,000 out of pocket for his dental work and an additional no use dental coverage payment. Recently due to the expiration of our card, Delta Dental was not able to automatically withdraw our payment. I paid it online and specified on the form no automatic withdrawals allowed. Our contract is over in June 1. They are automatically withdrawing in spite of my instructions. This coverage and customer service is terrible.

I mistakenly signed up because I had to on Obamacare website. They never sent me a bill for three months and I did not think my account was open. They sent a bill after 3 months for all three and I said I need to cancel. The woman said, "Hey you might as well go get a cleaning before I cancel," so I did and they did not cover it. Unbelievable. They also do not cover a lot but all dental is that way.

Delta Dental really needs to be put out of business. I have gone as far as complaining to the department of insurance about this. These people aren't straight with you as to when you're 'allowed' to get treatment for your dental problems, as all they do is lie to you, say "you're fine," next thing, you're getting a bill for what they told you was covered. For one cavity I was given 3 different answers as to when I was allowed to deal with this and as to when I would get this covered. To top that off I've been told that I will only be covered for an amalgam filling, which after much research is a mercury filling that poisons your body. This plan preys on the ignorance of the insurance consumer and their only goal is to scam you out of money.

Unfortunately for now, I am stuck with this insurance and I can't afford to wait as my mouth problems may worsen. I truly believe that a class action lawsuit needs to be launched against company as clearly they are running an insurance scam, which I have seen happen over and over again from working for 11 yrs as a medical biller.

I have tried to cancel my policy three times. Once I was informed it was against their policy to cancel since it's a year contract, I was then given the policy book. According to their policy book page 15 of 24 under Cancelling this Policy 1, you become covered under a group dental plan offered at work. I had started a new job that offered benefits and I signed up. I called Delta Dental on March 17, 2017, at 7:02 am. I was informed to send out an e-mail and I should hear back in a week as it takes a week to process. I asked for my policy number and put that in the e-mail dated March 17, 2017, at 7:14 am. I received an e-mail back from Dustin ** on March 23, 2017, at 9:49 am stating he could not find the policy.

I called today March 24, 2017, at 6:08 am. Was informed they do not have a supervisor for me to speak with and the policy number was wrong. While on the phone I sent an e-mail again with the policy number given to me by this rep on March 24, 2017, at 6:18 am (I am in Pacific time and this Delta Dental is in Central time). I called again on March 24, 2017, at 6:17 am again requesting a supervisor and again I got nowhere. I left only my number and have not received a call back. I am paying for a policy I do not use and have been trying to cancel. If they attempt to charge me I will be looking to pursue fraud charges. I have made every attempt to cancel. Be careful with whom you do business with.

This is scam. I paid for a year and received ZERO out of it. Every claim from my dentist was denied. I have been trying for months to cancel the policy, and they said it was canceled, but keep charging my checking account every month. -- I suspect I will have find out who the top manager is and name him in a small claims lawsuit to get my money back. It's a criminal operation that no one should engage.

I have had this insurance for five years. I have filed a total of 6 claims. I finally talked to someone today. My claim was pulled for a review. I have to file it again. No explanation as to why, but I got a letter and now they are raising my rates. The six claims I filed were all for the same services the same day. So really I only used the insurance one time. Just can't get them to pay my claim.

Delta Dental is an unexisting service and not recommended. I called two different customer service number for Delta Dental and I have not been able to speak to an actual person. The service is frustrating, giving just basic information and no option to speak to a representative. I have not been able to retrieve/change my provider. We are now approaching the end of the first quarter of 2017 and I still haven't been able to get the service.

Moreover, I also sent a message through the website's Customer Service Section more than a week ago. I have not even gotten one reply. The website crashes often and does not show any information about my provider or even lets me do anything about it. This is unacceptable. I should not have to be going through all this trouble just to talk to someone and have my situation fixed. I cannot believe that I have tried to get help through 3 outlets (telephone, e-mail and website) and I still have no response. If this does not resolve soon I will move on to another insurance. I will not recommend anyone to this insurer OR ever re-enroll with this company again. As mentioned before, this is unacceptable.

Stay away from Delta Dental Insurance... Run! I will have waited six weeks to get approval for work on a crown. Delta is an expert at foot dragging to approve dental work... Terrible customer service and long waits on phone just to get excuses for their delays. They have had my last pre authorization claim for a month and I was told today it will take two more weeks. I have owned a large company for many years... Lots of great insurance companies out there... but not Delta Dental. This insurance is thru my wife's employer USFS. We are paying for the highest coverage with a big rate and having to fight to get work approved. THIS IS THE VERY WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

I have been submitting my claim 6 times for 2 visits to the doctor, all over again. I have not received any feedback for the second year. I spent hours on the phone with customer service and every representative was giving me different explanation of why my claim was not processed. Finally after 2 years, they denied my claims with some bogus explanations. Delta Dental is just taking advantage of the fact that it's international clinic. So, out of the $15,000 I have spent in the international clinic, this insurance does not want to pay 13% of the cost! The clinics in US estimated the entire work to $50K! Ridiculous. I will never have that money. Avoid this insurance. Worst Dental insurance for International Claims - Ripoff!

They are not covering a claim for a dental procedure I had on Aug. 29th. I have spoke to 2 associates from Delta Dental that said originally it looked like I hadn't paid monthly, but that they were looking at an old Delta Dental account I had. They were able to see that I was up to date with all of my payments. They both (one associate) another a manager - said they would correct the info and resubmit the claim. I was told by the manager that nobody had scanned in my claim and submitted the info. Recently, I received a letter saying that I was denied again because lack of payment. Apparently no one corrected my account. I have paid for all of the months that I had coverage. I have made numerous phone calls and spent countless hours trying to get this corrected. My dentist said that they want me to pay out of pocket ASAP. I am getting very frustrated trying to get someone to correctly take care of this.

This company is a scam. I signed up for insurance through the Marketplace Exchange back in 2015. I thoroughly reviewed all documentation about what procedures were covered and thought I got a good plan. Although some of the more serious procedures only covered 50% (Root Canals and Extractions), it did seem to cover about 80% of the other procedures. When I had to have 2 teeth removed last year, come to find out, they would not cover the extractions at all. There was a clause in my policy that stated they only covered extractions up until the age of 19! I'm a 40 year old man! At no point in my signing up with this policy did anyone even mention this nor did anyone catch the fact that this policy would be useless to me. When I had to have a root canal, the same age limit was in effect. I have cancelled my policy with these crooks and I would recommend to anyone NEVER to choose Delta Dental as their insurance provider.

This company is one of the best examples as to why the Insurance Industry is rated lower than Used Car Salesmen. I can only pray that our new President can find a way to fix this Industry as a whole. DD's 'fine print' excludes items that most dentists will perform as part of your routine dental health. This results in getting bills after the fact for things that should have been covered by the insurance. I can see I am in good company as every other rating for DD is one star like mine for the same reason. It is as low as you can go and still give a rating.

Compare Dental Insurance