Delta Dental

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Delta Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Dental Plans Association?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I had Delta a couple years back, no problems. This time I try to contact. Not only is it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find a phone for customer service, you are left on hold FOREVER! I chose an option for a call-back after FINALLY getting a number. They call back and before I can even get the info I need the phone goes dead from their end. No hang up, just total dead zone. Call back and I'm on hold again for 15 minutes, try to enter number for call back, message says I need to hold. 15 minutes later I hung up. I'm telling you it's the worst!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The waiting period is 9 months for major restorative (Comprehensive and Prime; Enhanced not covered), endodontics (all plans), periodontics (all plans), oral surgery³ (all plans) and prosthodontics (Comprehensive and Prime; Enhanced not covered). Why would your plan have a veteran in need of the above-mentioned have to wait nine months to have service done. I verified this with a Delta benefits representative. And for Major restorative² Crowns; not available under "Enhanced Plan".

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

So my dentist submitted a bill to these clowns and from a total of over $3K I got just enough money back to cover the cost of gas to and from the dental surgery. I understand that my dentist is out of network but this is ridiculous and a rip off. After talking to customer service I felt like I'd been coned and that I needed a shower. To be honest I should have written this review years ago. I get this insurance through work and it's always been this bad.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Customer Service: BE READY TO WAIT HOURS! Don't you love getting the customer service runaround? On with one agent, spend some time... he/she takes notes then passes you to the next agent whom have no idea why you're on the line? Back to Square 1! Then when they can't help fix the situation... back to the cue w/ you! Product: I pay premiums through my employer every month, what do I get for it? Essentially just a teeth cleaning, that's it! Need a crown? Worse, an implant? Expect NOTHING! I'll be dropping my dental insurance. To think I paid the higher premium, too!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I carefully reviewed dental insurance sponsored by AARP. Agent outright lied to me. Misled me at every opportunity. Once I realized I had been “had” I cancelled the very next day. They say they will refund my deposit. They lied about everything else so why should I believe that?! Don't be fooled. Don't waste your precious time. Avoid these scammers.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I have two insurances with Delta Dental. They would not cover a procedure that is clinical proven to be the best after 15 years. Filed an appeal and it was a runaround. I have two dentists because the first stopped working with them, now the second has done the same. So they are screwing the dentist and the patient. Nice. I intend to continue to share my voice.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I enrolled in Delta Dental through FEDVIP. They were horrible. At the end of this enrollment period I have two claims that are still outstanding. The dentists in the plan that are near me are not rated very well. Many are not handicapped accessible. I got a much better deal directly from my dental provider. Never Again!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I've been paying monthly for years and have never used the insurance. None of the dentists in my area take them. I've tried to log in online and am locked out of my account with no way to recover it without calling in. When I call in nobody answers and I eventually give up on holding.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Horrible insurance company!!! They sent us a check which was never received. We called twice, they said they stopped the payment and would issue another check. 2 weeks later, still nothing. Very shady business. The company must be investigated for fraud!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Delta Dental has always been horrible as far as any customer service goes, but these days, you have to hire who will work I guess. However, TWICE now a dentist has dropped this company due to massive administrative fees and turn around time for claims- often claims just go denied even if coverage is claimed and if lucky, the dentist absorbs the cost. I think Delta Dental knows this and exploits the small business owned dentists and that is unethical and just plain rude. This company needs to be reviewed for its practices; as a forensic accountant I can guarantee they would find misused funds with this company!

Delta Dental Plans Association author review by Cyril Tuohy

Delta Dental, a pure-play dental insurer, is one of the largest dental insurance providers in the country. The company dates back to the 1950s and is committed to expanding access to oral healthcare.

• An extensive network: Delta Dental operates in all 50 states.

• Plan variety: Nearly every type of dental insurance is offered by Delta Dental, along with unique plans tailored to unique customers. Discount plans are not offered.

• Cost-control measures: Delta Dental has negotiated contracts with reputable dentists across the country.

• Transparency: Customers can check claims history, estimate costs, review benefits and more on the website.

• ACA-compliant: Delta Dental plans are available under the Affordable Care Act on the federal health care exchange.

• Affinity: Administers the AARP Dental Insurance Plan.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Advisor

Cyril Tuohy has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Delta Dental Company Information