1.1/5 (38 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Santander Consumer USA

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Santander Consumer USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

Original review: June 23, 2022

This company is horrible.. I had bought a car years ago and ended up letting the car go back because they kept going up on the payments.. Received a letter that the car was resold but yet I owe them over 7k$… how do I owe them that for something I no longer possess and they resold it? There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company

Original review: June 15, 2022

I paid off the vehicle in 2013. I have called probably 100 times and I still do not have a lien release from this company. Every time I call it is "in the mail." So 9 years later here I am still with no lien release!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Had this company as a lender on my car loan. My experience has been horrible. I was splitting my payment into two, but they told me I was late. Hit with late fees and reported late. Anytime I called, the representatives provided inaccurate and inconsistent information. In March, had late fees of $190-something and when I made payment, asked that $100 extra I put be applied to late fees. When I went to make my April payment I found that the extra $100 wasn't applied, but they then said I owed $220-something in late fees! They were tacking on stuff and I was never going to get rid of them. I stayed upset and angry after calling them. Thank GOD I was able to refinance with the credit union! Dropped my interest rate and lowered my payment of $200 bucks. I will NEVER use Santander or conventional auto financing again. Good riddance.

Original review: May 5, 2022

If you are offered a loan through Santander, RUN! This company is horrible! They charge fees that they are not supposed to charge. Their customer service is horrible as well! When you try to explain your situation, they offer no help like most other banks.

Original review: April 22, 2022

In addition to Santander's less than competitive interest rates they charge, even to someone with great credit, they are nothing short of horrible. I paid off my car early within a couple of months of purchasing it and they flat out refused to send my "pink slip" and instead sent me a link release, which I had to take to the DMV, pay more fees and now I have to wait for something that should have been given to me in the first place. Words of advice, if any car dealers mention Santander, walk away and shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I purchased my first car in February of last year. Santander was the company that got me. It took them several times to pick an amount that I was able to pay at first. I fell into a hardship and not once this company ever say I can try to lower my payment when I told them my situation. Their customer service representative are rude. When speaking with upper management all they told, "We will notate that for you and file a complaint but there is nothing we can help you unless you pay off what you owe in 10 days." No help from whatsoever. This is a crappy company. Do not finance your car with them.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I recently reach out Santander about my gap insurance check. They still have not sent my check even though my car been paid off since October. I will never use them again and customer service suck. Send me my money you had since December 13. This company sucks.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Bought a chair from Amazon, that turned out not to be as advertised. I had to contact the seller, and they wouldn't take the chair back. I filled out a complaint in the FTC and filed a claims dispute through Santander Bank. Turns out they sided with the company that lied in their advertisement, so I'm out that 185$.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I purchased a 2016 Versa Note finance through Santander Consumer USA. Made over 60 payment, cannot get this paid off, I found out this is a contract that interests accumulated. I was stuck in this contract. No way out. Will never get this paid off, I was told by Butler Nissan, "This car is paid for you. Need help. See a attorney asap."

Original review: March 4, 2022

I paid off my loan in Nov. of 2021. It is now March of 2022 & I'm still waiting for my refund. I was told my refund would be around $500 & now they are telling me it's $332.25. I've been getting different information which to me is just giving me the run around. No one knows what they are doing. When I called on Feb. 17th I was told that the check was mailed out. Before that I was told that it would take 21 days to be mailed out. Then today I was told that they are waiting on approval to even send the check out. Dealing with this company has been a total nightmare. Do not use the company. They rip you off & the service is horrible. I didn't even want to give them 1 star. I'm filing also with the BBB!!!!

Santander Consumer USA Company Information