1.3/5 (47 ratings)

About Santander Consumer USA

Santander Consumer USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

On November 28th/2022, my car was repossessed without notice, I am a disabled veteran and haven't been able to work since March/2022, I updated Santander about my issues and was informed that if I made two payments in June, it would put my account in a current status, which was a lie, including the two June payments, I was on time from June till October, nothing shows paid on my credit report, which made it impossible to get refinancing, they said a letter demanding the car be returned was mailed in September, I never received it, and they still accepted payments in September and October, I requested a copy of the letter, but I know it doesn't exist.

Santander deals with unethical car dealerships that acquire loans through Santander and sell bogus car service contracts and get monetary benefits, this whole experience has been a nightmare, and it is the reason they paid millions from a class action lawsuit, and they are still conducting business the same way. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB, and my State Attorney General, Santander and car dealerships they do business with need to be held accountable for the treatment of customers. To make matters worse, they gave me the wrong info about where the car was taken. Hopefully this review helps someone avoid the issues dealing with Santander.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I paid them off 15000.00 and told them I was stuck in Texas I'm from Arizona and I was out there to say my goodbyes to my mom that died from cancer and I still can't get my title to my truck so they can go stuff their ugly lying and game playing company. I did the business, paid them off with 5 months and was treated that way...They're a no good company that hires people like that pieces of dog

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I purchased an automobile and financed a portion of it through Santander. I was placed in the hospital due to mental health issues for several months and was unable to receive contact. Now that I am able to bring my loan current after being on disability with limited pay, they have repossessed my vehicle. I told them my situation and was basically told they don't care. They won't accept my payment and told me I have to pay the loan in full. So now they have significantly added to the depression and anxiety that put me in the hospital in the first place. And now have no vehicle to be able to pay off the loan. Really makes a lot of sense.

I have never been so disappointed at the lack of understanding. I was put in the hospital by a psychiatrist and not on my own because I couldn't get things under control and needed help. It was not by choice. My loan is a fraction of what my vehicle is worth. It's not like they will lose money by simply offering some help. And this is over a 90 day period. Not some long term situation. Horrible company. Horrible customer service with no sympathy. Never use this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I had my car for over a year and ended up getting behind due to medical issues. They took my car which was fine because I was behind, I called and told them I had $1600 to pay towards the balance and was told NO and to come up with $2700 to pay the balance which included all the fees and had 10 days to do so. I called on the 8th day and said I have it, only for them to tell me, "NO we no longer want that amount, we want the full payoff balance." I brought it to the person's attention that that was not the agreement, she says, "I see it here in the notes that we told you $2700 but now we want the payoff amount." Now I can't get another car until they close the loan and put it as a repo.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The customer service number doesn’t connects you to the correct team 90% of the time. The call will just get disconnected. I requested for a electronic release of my title multiple times in the past 2 weeks and still haven’t got it done. Initially they didn’t accept that something was pending at their end even. Worst team to deal with!!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I called Santander (Chrysler Capital) on Nov 01st to get a payoff letter and front/back copy of a. title. Rep was helpful and sent letter immediately and said copy of title would be sent via U.S. Mail and emailed within 72hours. It's Nov 10th and still no copy sent via email. Have made about 4 phone calls and have received zero help. I was transferred to a department where the hold time was approximately 50 plus minutes with 9 callers ahead of me. Had to hang up because lunch break is over. Very dissatisfied with Chrysler.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Do not deposit any money at this bank. Second day availability is Promised but then they turn around and hold your money for another 7 days and I don't even know what's going to happen then this bank is horrible. Absolutely horrible. This was certified funds. There was no reason for that. No reason whatsoever. Run from this Bank. Do not put any money in this Bank. You may not ever see it again

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Quite possibly the absolutely most worthless bank I have ever had to deal with. From their customer service personnel, all the way up to management, this bank ONLY serves itself- never its customers. In the 5 years I have had to do business with them, Santander has -time and again- proven that their customers are not the driving force behind their business. The terms of their loans are 'adjustable'; they will adjust terms to fit their predatory business model. I will NEVER do business again with this fraudulent institution.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

This company is nonprofessional, terrible customer service.. They say one thing and do another. Don't get COVID and fell behind in your payments. They lie and will not help, no extension, nothing. Next time I will research a company better before doing business with them.. Re-Finance here I come.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

They helped me get into a car when I needed one fast. I didn't make a lot and only needed 1K down which the dealership let me do in 2 payments. Santander allowed me to skip my first payment which made budgeting easy. During the time of the loan I received a few extensions with no issues. Their app is easy to use. Yes I had a high interest but I had a low car note and was able to complete my loan. Took less than 30 days to get my title. Just know the bad reviews come from people who had payment issues. I needed a loan and this company gave that to me and I always had great customer service.

Santander Consumer USA Company Information