Find a Loan Companies partner

2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

1.1/5 (49 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Santander Consumer USA

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Santander Consumer USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

My son with high gpa wanted to upgrade his car. This competition I took advantage of my family. Even though I had an investigation with the attorney I had my sons towed away this morning. They approved a loan on a mom who only receives $1800 a month. They sold me a car worth $26000 for $66000. They thrive on the disabled. I have be more than happy to provide proof

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

The most deceptive and dishonest company that I have ever dealt with. They added thousands onto my auto loan after I got a 6 month extension during unemployment with COVID. No one can truly understand a 7 page contract with confusing mumbo jumbo about how much the additional fees and interest would accrue. Bottom line is they added 4400 in addition to the interest I would ordinarily pay. All while they were likely getting government bailout assistance because of covid. I have two other auto loans that treated me fairly under the same circumstances. The owners of this financial institution are outright opportunistic thieves.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I sold my car to an individual and Santander would only take online payments for 2999 per day. So it took me three days to pay the car off and when I called for a title they said, "No. You have to get a Fedex account and then have it sent to you." After doing that they said, "No. You need to get a statement from your bank saying you won’t cancel the payments before we release the title." It’s maddening!!! I sold my car to an individual 2 weeks ago, paid it off and they still won’t release the title. Ridiculously high interest rates and Horrible customer service!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

All I kept seeing was "reach out to Chrysler Capital". They will reverse finance fees that you have accumulated because of missed payments because of COVID-19" yet they do not care at all. I first went through a surprising divorce and then my life got uprooted and had to make major changes, I reached out to discuss it and first they "deferred payments". Gee thanks.

When I reached out regarding the fact I couldn't find work because of COVID and I was depending on my student loans to make payments they could careless, I asked twice for them to remove all the fees and they tell me I don't qualify for it... but no reason why. Almost every person I spoke with on the phone told me a different story or had no record of the conversations I had with the other representatives. A lot of them got rude to me and could care less that I was having trouble even feeding myself. I was so upset that I turned the car on back on May 30th instead of keeping it till it was up. I never got anything in the mail regarding anything with turning it in and now they are calling me again. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Waited two weeks and still waiting for the release of my vehicle. They said it takes 7 to 10 days. The check was posted on the 11th. Here it is the 21st and I still do not have my car. So Monday I should have my car.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I have been trying to close my checking account with Santander Bank for months now, and they say they can't over the phone and locked my account so I can't even get my money. They said I have to go into a branch to close my account. They are located in PA and I live in TX. I can't fly to PA to close my account. This is ridiculous that they can't close my account nor allow me access to my money without visiting a local branch. I feel that they are scamming me knowing I have no way of visiting a local branch to retrieve my money and close my account. My advice to anyone looking to open a new bank account to stay away from this bank.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I purchased a truck from a dealer in Texas who uses Santander Consumer USA. After paying to loan off years early at NO discount, it took a month to get payoff confirmation and never sent title!! It cost me an additional $45 to order title online.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE CROOKS. BEWARE!!! I was in a major accident. My car was totaled, the accident wasn't even my fault but regardless this company is taking over three months to process a insurance claim because of a missed picture of the odometer reading that they failed to ask my insurance company to supply!!!! I would call both of them & they both kept saying they were waiting on one another??!!

I finally made my insurance company call them on 3 way & they finally figured out that they never asked for the picture... Meanwhile back on the ranch without a vehicle for months they're now telling me I'm RESPONSIBLE for 3 months of late payments on a car I don't even have in my possession??!! The car was totaled on May 24th. It is now August & it was their mistake!!! This company is a joke. Very high interest rates & no compassion to a customer who made payments on time. I will keep giving bad reviews as much as I can possibly can!!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I paid off my vehicle in full and was told that I had the amount of $111.00 coming back to me. This happened in May and they have told me they mailed out check on May 8th and I never received it so they allegedly reissued the check at the end of June, again I never received it. They then said they would issue a check to be delivered overnight delivery, and yet again I have nothing and that was a week ago. They have continually lied to me and stalled giving me my money back. I am about to take legal action. This company should face a lawsuit and be closed down.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I and my Deadbeat daughter are on the Title yet I get No notification in the mail when the monthly payment has not been made. I get a Notice of Right To Repossess. I have five days to make three back payments or the car is getting repossess. I call an attorney first. Then I call Santander...ask them why I did not receive any notifications for the past three months? Why their web page states, "Our commitment is to do everything we can for those affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19)." Ask them what can they do for me? No reply just, "How much can you pay today". I say first answer my questions. They can't 'cause they are stupid.

They also have posted on their web page ,"Have you been impacted by COVID-19? Learn what Santander Consumer USA is doing to assist those who need help with their payments. How we can help you", so I ask them for help and No reply. Just switched me to another Dummy. So I would not play their game so they hung up. Have both operators numbers. Can't get anyone on the phone with half a brain to help work this out.

6 day notification is not enough But it fell on deaf ears. No help and would not or could not answer my questions. Why was I not sent a notice that the car notes had not been paid...but then send me a notice 6 days before they are planning on taking back the car???? I am on the title...I have a right to know...I could have done something if notified at all not 6 days before. I am notifying the FTC, BBB, etc. of this...Just wanted to strong arm me into a payment.

Santander Consumer USA Company Information