Santander Consumer USA

Stars Rating

• 7%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?
    Staff

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I absolutely love this company. They helped me when no one else gave me a chance even when credit was good. I have seizures and epilepsy and I own a passenger car. Not many people care if I get to work. God BLESS EVERYONE AT SANTANDER!!! I wouldn't be able to make it without their compassion for the little guy!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

They are more than willing to work with people in a difficult time. I have been delinquent several times on my account, and as long as I pay something or, at minimum, have a plan. They have worked with me every time, even being three months behind once. At the time, I am waiting to start a job after graduation, and my employment has been delayed. They are willing to accommodate me as long as I provide proof of this. I would request to finance a car with them again! I have not experienced anyone having an attitude or being rude to me. They have better customer service than my medical provider's offices.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2023

I have struggled with employment this past year. I have been late every month on my car payments up to as much as 120 days late at times. I'm currently 60 days late. Santander is working with me and allowing me to catch up on my payments. The important thing to remember when dealing with any lender is to take their phone calls and explain your situation so that they can work with you.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

I'm reading all of these reviews here and I just wanted to share my experience. I got an Acura RDX with them from the Acura dealer, this was back on September 2020. I put a few thousand $ as downpayment so they ended financing $14k, at the beginning I regularly made payments of more than the monthly amount (probably a $100 more or whatever I could), only a couple of times I doubled the monthly amount, that was for the 1st year of the loan. I've had to call them a few times to update my address multiple times, since I've moved to 3 different locations ever since, one of them being to another state, customer service got my back sending me a copy of the title because it was requested by the Florida DMV, I couldn't understand at the time because NYS doesn't require this.

I actually had a very hard time with the DMV. I did not know what to do so I called Santander and they handled everything for me. I also missed a payment, this happened about a year ago, it reflected on my credit as a late payment, I called them and requested that the late payment be removed in good favor because I've had excellent payments history so far, they removed it from my credit for me. Also recently I would say two weeks ago I was late with one month running behind because I work A LOT and sometimes get my days mixed up so I wasn't even aware or couldn't remember I did not made the payment the month before, I thought the situation through and after a voicemail and a text from them decided to call them and informed them the exact day I was going to be making the payment which was going to be for the missing payment and the incoming payment as well all together, I also explained the reason why.

They documented it in my account and I did not receive any other calls and of course I paid them as promised. Is Nov 2023 and I owe $1,613 or so and am very happy that I almost have it paid off. I read some reviews complaining about their app, I can't speak as to that as I always use their website. Overall I'm a happy customer.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

Originally called by collections per a cust svc rep error. After being transferred to a mgr, then exec mgmt, I was transferred to Melissa. If there was anyone more inclined to help a consumer I've never had the pleasure. I was even able to help her understand her position as a consumer as I explained an unrelated matter, whereas I explained to the business owner, "I don't want anything except that another consumer NEVER has to experience what I have at this dealership".

I absolutely admire the candor and empathy from Melissa and her acceptance of the company's responsibility in this situation. I absolutely will rethink my continued relationship with Santander, solely on my interactions with the abovementioned representative. Not everyone is looking for something free just because a business made an error. But the presence of mind to resolve the conflict where it's a win-win for all parties is something I think is almost nonexistent in our culture these days.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 16, 2024

They just lie, and lie, and then lie some more. Even though they take notes and validate what you said they still do what they want to denigrate you and your credit. Their customer service department is not capable or knowledgeable enough to handle situations due to they're outsourced.

Reviewed July 15, 2024

I’m warning anyone who wants to finance a vehicle through this horrible SANTANDER company to be extra careful and take my advice. In this whole universe, don’t you ever think of financing with either SANTANDER or Westlake Financing. They are Crooks, Thieves, Rip-off, Scammers and Super highway robbers. I have regretted financing a car with SANTANDER and it’s almost 7 years now, I still haven’t finished paying for 2016 Yukon XL I financed through them. Don’t make that mistake. Choose a different bank other than these 2 companies.

Customer ServicePriceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 11, 2024

My vehicle was totaled and they received the insurance payment and the gap payment. I have been in constant communication with them this whole process. Once they received the last of the payments I called to get the final balance that was owed. I received it and made that payment online over the amount just in case something came up. Now they are asking for an additional $339.15 for additional interest because of the delay out of my powers because of when the checks were received, there shouldn't be any more incurred interest since the account has been closed since April. Customer service is rude and not helpful, the managers on duty are the same. They have zero records of me calling over the past 5 months which is baffling. I will never do business with them again. I have NEVER had such a hard time with a company in my entire life. I am not waiting yet again for a

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

IF I COULD GIVE ZERO STARS I WOULD. They are constantly changing my amount due as well as my due dates. Once it said I was good until August 2024 to pay, now it's saying I have to pay $350 by July 24th, 2024. Before that, it said I owed $885 by July 17th. Then it said I owed $1,376 by July 17th. I paid so many times and it keeps saying I'm past due. The amount seems to change daily and the records of my payment of over $1000 no longer shows in their system. I tried calling them but the wait time was almost 2hrs because over 500 people were on the wait list. It makes me wonder if they are doing this to other people. I'm going to write the Better Business Bureau in regards to their practices and how they are charging me constantly and getting rid of records of my past payments to make it look like I never paid.

Carley

** i knew i wasn’t crazy!! This is happening to me right now! I told them about it but it got never resolved. They give zero ** about the customers. It got me so confused about what i really owe. Recently my car got repossession. Santander sucks

Customer Service

Reviewed June 29, 2024

There was no choice for 0 star that's why I made 1 star here. So~~ ugly and terrible customer service phone responder...it was disgusting. I don't know why Tesla is related like this terrible company. Responder have no any attitude for the customer service.

Santander Consumer USA Company Information