Santander Consumer USA

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just what everyone is saying! This company should be taken to court and not allowed to steal people's money like this. I have been paying on my car every month on time and the payoff is coming down pennies. I guess I was nuts for signing these papers and you will be also if you get a loan with them. Don't even think of it and North Carolina should not let them in our state.

I purchase a 2013 Dodge Journey in 2013. The vehicle costed $21,556.30, the balance as of 2017 is $18,835.99 and the pay off is $20,243.84. The lady said I've made 40 payments of $515.00. Right now I'm a few months behind due to not enough funds anymore. ($3,453.00 is owed to catch up.) What is wrong with this picture? How do I still owe almost the same amount when I purchase. Basically I paid $1312.46 within 3 years. I really want to know if I can sue.

The interest on my 2005 Toyota Camry is so much I can not pay any more. I can not pay my rent. What can I do (give it back) what will happen? I see on a post that the Justice Dept just Reaches a Settlement with Santander U.S.A. for 9.35 million and Santander will pay 26 million to settle allegations that it gave high interest loans to car buyers (it knew could not Repay) the loan (like me) a lending tactic that helped trigger the housing market Crash nearly a decade ago. Massachusetts some will have car Borrowers will have their outstanding loans (paid off) as part of the settlement. Can someone help us out there? Can we sue them? Do any one know how to go about this. Well thank you and (god bless you all).

Stay away from this company. I finance a 2008 Chrysler 300. It was 18,000 paid on it for 5 yrs & still owes 15,000. How is that even possible? So I let them report it. Now I got a 2015 Chrysler 300 with a great company. Try Capital One. Stay away from Santander. If you don't you will be sorry.

This past April my van was stolen and vandalized, so upon completion of repairs I decided to trade it for a new one, because I didn't want drive my old van after it was stolen. So I drove to the dealership the same day I picked my van from the body shop. To make a long story short, I was turn down for loan after paying on time for three years! What a bunch of JERKS!!!???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

Santander is a rip off. They robbed me blind, I know I paid for my car twice, they lie and scam you. There was never a manager to speak to. I will never use them as a lender again. I know the pain current customers are experiencing. Get out if you can. There has to be some form of class action lawsuit against this company...

Well I got a 2015 Nissan Rogue on Feb 24 17 and I put my 2013 Chevy Malibu down for a down payment and the remaining of the note is 12000.00 and they tell me it's going to take me seven years to pay it off and there is no way it will take that long when you are paying almost four hundred dollars a month and they don't put your whole payment towards your payment. It speaks for itself.

I purchased a 2012 Jeep Liberty from Horne Auto in Show Low AZ in April of 2017. Horne Auto Assured me that the loan company they were going to finance through was a reputable Company, (Santander Consumer USA). How wrong they were, we have had problems with them from day 1. First payment statement came to us in the mail 5 days on a Friday leaving us 3 days to get our payment there on time. I signed up online to pay my payments. There was a charge and they sent us to another website to pay the payment. So I signed up for autopay allowing them to withdraw payment when it was due. It showed up on the website that the payment went through their system but when I checked my bank there were no debits from Santander Consumer USA, I called them and they informed me that it took 3 or 4 working days for it to clear my bank, but it was showing that they submitted it.

The following week I checked my bank and there was no debit from Santander Consumer USA. I went on their web page and it showed I had a penalty fee of $25.00 added to my statement that I was thought to have been transacted by them. So I called them and they would not remove the $25.00 fee and I ended up paying the payment with added fee. Now just this date of 7/ 212017 I get a notice in the mail that they are charging me for insurance on the Jeep and we have had it insured from the very 1st day we purchased it, Horne Auto assured us that Santander Consumer USA had been informed of the insurance and that it had complied with the type of insurance that Santander Consumer USA approved.

I hope that the CEO that profits over 3 million dollars along with his colleagues. Millions of dollars from the blood sweat and tears of all the consumers that got caught in their web of lies and high interest rates. THEY ARE ALL MONEY HUNGRY MONGRELS... They need to be sued for the pain and suffering they have caused for so many people that really work hard to survive.

I've been paying on a vehicle that was financed with Santander for just under 6 years. I bought the car at $19,000 and my payoff after almost 6 years of payments is $17,000. How is that even possible? I got behind on payments, 2 months to be exact, when I was laid off from my job. Once I was back to work I started making payments above the required monthly amount in an effort to get it caught back up. As a matter of fact, I paid a total amount of $2500 in a span of 4 months attempting to take care of the past due amount including all of the ridiculous fees they kept adding onto my account.

I find out that all of my excess payment has not been applied to any part of my past due amount. I have now received a repossession notice on the vehicle. So glad that I've been paying them money for no apparent reason. This company is a complete rip off. They prey on people with less than great credit. They are not a financing company. All they are is a bunch of thieves and they get away with it. Anybody looking to sue this company, I'm all in!!

I have been paying on a 2007 Nissan Versa, purchase price 12,000$. I have made 58 payments, over 18,000 dollars. They were saying I was 3 payments behind (I was not). I was actually 15 days late on 1 payment and had spoken with them. They came and repossessed the car and say I still owed 8000$ on this car still. It only blue books now at 2600$. I've paid way over what I have owed, had a cosigner on this loan and now they are quick to report it so it's against my cosigner also. This is fraud. I would like to join a class action lawsuit against this company. Please contact me @ **.

I had a car loan with Santander for around 2 years. I traded my car in and 2 months later I am still getting statements for payments. The last statement showed a payment of over $1300 that posted to my account. I called them and they told me that someone else's payment posted to my account and that they never received the payoff for my car. The dealership has proof that the check was cashed over a month ago. I will NEVER do business with Santander again! I would advise no one to get a loan through them. If it is my last resort I will do without!

I just got out of the bankruptcy and the bankruptcy you only pay the principal on the car. I didn't know this. I owed for the car by June 30th. I called them to tell them that I would not be able to pay them until the 14th and I get paid when the payments for actually due. I woke up this morning it is July 6th 2017 and my vehicle was gone yesterday. I was on the phone going to the bank going to the grocery stores to do money orders to send the money over online and they still take my vehicle. They said that it wouldn't be in repossession as of yesterday but here I sit this morning with no vehicle and I'm supposed to be at work. This sucks. I will never put my trust in any business again for sure. Santander is not a good company at all.

I am trying to replace my older high mileage car with a newer car. Tried to go after a one year old Dodge Charger for $29k (with trade and carryover). They approved me but came back with terms of $759 a month for 75 months!! This is with fairly good credit compared to what I had 2.5 years ago when I bought my current car with horrid credit. My current loan is HALF the interest rate and more than HALF the payment they want me to pay for this Dodge. When I got approved, I had to call this certain number to prove who I am due to fraud I found on my credit reports. I called 118 times on a Saturday, then another 109 times on Monday before I gave up. I left a scathing review on their website, and not 5 min later I had an email from them.

It’s a week and half later now… and I’m up to 293 phone calls, 37 emails... and asking them to adjust the interest rates and length to get the payment in my range I can afford. However, even their own social media manager said she doesn't have any faith. They will change the terms. In my opinion… this is beyond a horrible company. Stay the hell away from them and Chrysler Consumer, and RoadLoans. They are all the same company. Besides I had a loan from them a few years ago, and it shows I paid my last payment late. I paid it a week early than when it was due and they still show it being 30 days late on what was a perfect rate loan that was paid off early and on time every month. HORRIBLE!!!

We purchased a car for my daughter. First new car for her. She was in an accident in February 2017. We paid the last payment in March because the insurance hadn't settled at the time. The insurance company paid car off in full and sent us a copy of the payment they sent to Santander. We continued to get a bill in the mail and by June they are saying we are 4 months behind. I called Progressive and they have made several attempts to pay this loan off. And May 17, 2017 Progressive stopped payment on another check and submitted another one because Santander has said they never received payment. Today the check has not cleared. My credit report is now showing no payment for 4 months. What can be done about this.

I have a 2006 Honda CR-V financed through Santander's and I will NEVER EVER financed a vehicle through this company again. The interest rate is ridiculous and when it came close to paying off my vehicle, they added another month's payment to my payoff amount!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!! I advise anyone not to get a loan through this company. Yes, they will give anyone a vehicle because they will sucker punch you with a ridiculous interest rate. In the word of Fred Sanford, "Don't do it, Lamont!"

I went outside and my car was not there! I always work out a payment date with this company if I am a little late and they always take my payment. I never received a ten days to pay or repossessed letter from Santander Consumers. I did not receive a phone call. I opened my account online and it say my phone number is not valid, but they have called me before so how is it now not valid. Plain and simple they stole my car without the lawful way to correctly repossess my car correctly. Do not go to this company. They are ripping me off. I have had the car for years, this is unfair.

This is the worst company that I have ever had to deal with to get a refund. They sent me through so many changes just to get my money from off of this card. They changed my information within their systems so I could not be verified. I do not wish for anyone to use this card a Citi Prepaid card nor to use Santander Consumer USA. They overcharged me on the loan on my car. Now they're trying to have for me to use their card just to get some money back that they owe me. Bad business. Terrible business.

Chrysler Capital reported late lease payment in March and April of 2017 when payments were made in full. Car was returned on Jan 8th of 2017. In addition, Chrysler Capital kept overpayment and refuse to communicate any type of return of overpayment. As of today June 20 2017. 6 months after the car was returned, no overpayment that has been clearly documented has been refunded. Close to $2,000.00.

Chrysler Capital also subcontract all consumer affairs to Santander Consumer USA so that they can keep an arms length distance with its customers. This is call the Chrysler Capital "the office of the President". The follow are repeated attempts in addition to phone calls for a refund of overpayment. Due to the negative reporting, my credit was dropped from 790 to 625. If you been hurt by Chrysler Capital please feel free contact me.

We got a loan from them for our 2011 Honda Odyssey Van and they've added money to the account instead of taking away and we have been paying on it for over a year now. The balance is now 19k something instead of 16k or less like it should be. We bought it for 17k. We've called and talked to legal team and they have promised to do something to fix it and even affirm something is wrong with the account but they never fix it. I am so frustrated and upset. This is ridiculous.

Santander is a decisive car loan company. Company stops consumer from keeping account current. They add on charges and make it impossible to keep your account paid up. You then get so far behind with all their add on charges it finally becomes such a high payment that you cannot possibly pay.

We bought a car, had a loan paid on car 4 years. The car was tolded in hailstorm. The insurance told us the car was only worth less than $5000.00 dollars than Santander said we owed $11000.00. We only paid around $14000.00. The Insurance would not let us buy back. They came and got it. It is hurting my credit score bad. What I am to do.

These people gave me a shot and for that I am grateful. Damn near every financial institution has a bad score because people get their cars repo'd. Some people were legitimately screwed over or one person's mistake becomes the face of the company but these guys are the reason I'm driving a car (and not one from J.D. Byrider...) so I like them.

We paid off our vehicle April 2017. My husband called to get payoff and was told they can't debit more than $3000 from our account at 1 time that it needed to be broken into 2 payments. Received confirmation # for both payments and both debited our checking account following Monday. I called following Wednesday to check balance of account with Chrysler only to be told we still had a balance and last payment posted was 1 of the window pay ends debited from our account.

Spoke with accounting and they researched and a week later payment was posted and account closed. Received title to vehicle beginning of May and visa debit card 3 weeks later for overpayment of account. June 5, my husband notified me that there was a debit of $700 on our checking account from Chrysler Capital. Of course I called and no one can tell me why, or who set up the payment. Complaint was lodged with accounting department and was told I would receive a phone call with 24-48 hrs. Have not received a phone call from anyone other than some guy confirming the complaint was opened.

I have called every day this to find out why and who set up this payment. My bank has already put a stop pay on the debit and blocked any and all future debits from them. Each time I call Chrysler Capital I get a different person and have to explain everything again even though everything is on the notes and they confirm what I've told them. If I ever finance another vehicle this company would be the absolute last finance company I would do business with.

They financed me when no one else would, the interest rate was high but understandable. When I sent them a check for the payoff they took it off my credit report and they even sent me back a check for an overpayment so I got back $150 which was awesome. No complaints.

I saw an advertisement in the Staten Island Advance that indicated Santander Bank would pay 1.25% interest on a liquid savings money market account. So on December 30th 2016 I opened a liquid money market account at Santander Bank on Hylan Boulevard in Staten Island. From day one I was harassed by the bank manager/account specialist /investment specialist to buy various financial securities. I told him I was not interested in buying anything. I know they want to sell these Investments because they make hefty fees and commissions. The Bank manager/investment adviser even called me up at my home to get me to buy some of his financial investments.

Then one day while I was checking the account on the internet I noticed my interest rate went from 1.25% to .5%. I was never notified of the reduction of Interest. Apparently they had this 1.5% interest rate for only 3 months. I immediately close the account. It was my opinion that Santander Bank made this introductory 1.25% interest rate knowing they only intended to give it for 3 months without so informing me so they can scam people into buying their financial investments!

We've been paying on a loan of 19,000 for 5 years and 2 months and the principal balance is still 15k. They are criminals. Do NOT do business with these sorry bastards of a company. Their interest rate is beyond ridiculous, I don't even know how they get away with ripping people off like this. I would never recommend them to finance anything. I wish I never accepted their offer. It was stupid of me to not research these sorry **.

Interest rate way too high. When I paid off loan they gave me a debit card that has no cash value, even though I paid them cash. 10.9 dollar courtesy fee for using phone to pay due amount. Never shorten loan period for prepayment, they just lower your next payment due. If you want to prepay loan at other times rather than due date, they return your mail with check if not in their official envelope, which you don't have access to. This is the kind of bank that will suddenly change its name, such companies as this have a history big doing this. Mm I wonder why companies like this might do that?

This company insulates itself from addressing inaccurate posting and collections from its customers and artfully keeps the meter running on interest. They will not send confirmation of payment even when the funds have cleared your bank, inaccurately posts amounts owed, extorting money from customers. The numerous complaints reflect the tip of a large and corrupt iceberg. WALK before financing a car with them!!! I don't understand why our government allows them to remain in business.

I paid my loan in full and they would not release the title, and misinformed a car dealer that the loan was past due with an outstanding amount of $1,600! DO EVERYTHING with written verification amounts complete with dates and keep a paper trail or these serpents will steal your last dollar! They lose your address, your deceased husband's death certificate, and you will spend hours at your bank tracing every transaction. There is a reason that they do not send confirmation of payment that is dated for their customers... it's so they can extort more $$$$... words cannot describe the terrible service and actions of this corrupt company!

Purchased a 2010 Chevy Malibu (In 2013 - USED) here we are 2017 the payoff amount is $20,000.00!!! How am I suppose to EVER pay this car off!!! The account balance is 17k. But my maturity is Jan 2019. The car sold for I believe 7000.00. Definitely would not recommend this company as they prey on people with not so good credit. I will NEVER use this company again & they should not be a partner that shows up with CarMax. Hiring me a lawyer to get out of this & I am totally open with a class action law suit which sounds like what is needed to stop this bank! ** (If WILLIAM of Winston-Salem, NC on April 14, 2017 see's this, I'm all in!)

I've had the worse with this comp. I fell behind due to no contracts for work. I have been busting my tail to make payments. Made 1800 dollar in 30 days. I've done all I could do. I was told by them to keep a payment coming in and April we will deferment the past payments. Now they tell me it's on repo list. It will now take over 3000 dollars to save it. When just 2 weeks ago they told me make another 924.00 payment and the deferment will take care of it. Well today I'm told all that wasn't documented in the minutes and I'm stuck.

Friday I sat on the phone for 2 hours waiting for a supervisor. No luck. Hung up on me at 5. Today Monday I call ask for a supervisor and again I sit on hold for over 30 min. and hung up on me. Horrible services and interest rates. My last truck they said make monthly payments and we will help you in a bigger truck. I paid on time for a year then now I was shoved in a truck with interest through the roof... It's a ** scam company like a check cashing comp. and should be stopped ASAP.

Santander Consumer USA Company Profile