Santander Consumer USA

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

You will get robbed like no tomorrow... Santander is the worst banking scam out there if you get a car loan from them. They will tell you they did not get the payment and then some so they can ** you with the interest and charged you all the fees they can, they did that to me multiple times and they suck. I set up my bank with the bill-pay automatically making the payments every month and every other month they would say that they did not get the payment and they would increase my interest even though my bank gave me and Santander the proof that the payments were made but Santander would reject the payment on purpose so they can add the fees and ** me and you if you have a loan with them... STAY AWAY FROM SANTANDER CONSUMER USA.

I have 3 accounts with Santander Bank with over $100,000 balance with this bank. They have been charging me a $3.00 per month "paper statement" fee over the past few months without any notification of the fee. I called our local branch and was told the bank sent out a letter informing of the $3.00 fee. I called Santander's customer service line and they said they could do nothing to eliminate the $3.00 per month fee and would not refund the fee paid so far. I have an online account with this bank and do not need the paper statement and have since cancelled this service. However, I feel the nickel and diming of this bank is a clear message to me to look for another bank considering they would not refund the fee for the past few months. I'll find another bank as it's clean - that's what their customer service rep would like me to do. Been a customer for many years (over 50 years with this bank). Time to move on!

I have a leased vehicle through Chrysler Capital. I recently moved out of state and need to register a new license plate. In order to do that I need a power of attorney from my lien holder in order to do that. When I originally called, Chrysler said I would have it in 48 hours. I am now going on 21 days. After 3 more calls, they claim they are a big corporation and I need to be patient. This is a very routine procedure. They have no trouble collecting my new state's usage tax, even though I legally can't drive my vehicle. This is yet another factor as to why I will never own a Chrysler product again.

My account is due on the 25th of each month. The statement they mail me says dated the 5th of each month. It takes 8-12 days to hit my mail box. Which gives me only 8-10 days to get my payment to them before they start calling. For me it's even worst as I travel a lot and usually only check my mail on the weekend. So as you could only imagine it's always late and they are always calling. Every other company that sends me a bill it arrives 15-20 days before it's due. Isn't there a law against what they are doing. They just do it so they can charge you a late fee...

I financed my SUV with Santander. One of the first things I did was set up my online account, so I could regularly review my account and conveniently pay online. I stopped paying online because they charge about a $11 "convenience" fee. The only way to make a payment without paying a fee is by a check in the mail. Well, one day I went to login into my account, which I had previously no problem getting into, I could not access my account. I used the correct username and password. I tried the forgot password process. I never received an email for a new one.

Each time I tried to login, the website says my account doesn't exist. I tried to make a new online account and it says there is already an account with that information. I have called them numerous times to gain access to my account. Each time they either send me an email with a new password that never shows up or they put in a ticket to their IT department. It's been over two months and I still can't login into my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander Consumer USA?

This is the worst car loan experience ever had. The worst customer service. They are very sneaky and they will try their best to get as much money from you as they can. Horrible experience not recommend it.

This company is blood sucking money hungry. They will keep taking your money but want nothing to do with helping you. My original car loan was for $11,000.00. I have paid over $25,000 so far and they want nothing to do with helping to pay your debt down. They are not negotiable. They are an international company from Spain. How the American government allows this I have no idea. They will take and take as long as you allow it. Don't go with this company for a car loan. They will not work with you but will continue to suck your money, and will add on interest and late fees unrightfully. They are schemers. You have been warned.

I moved from Kentucky to Florida in March of 2013. I was going through a divorce and just wanted to start over. In my first month of living in Florida, I got into a wreck that totaled my car. I didn't have anyone to help me, and I needed a car quickly. I had a rental for a few days so I needed to find a new car fast. I found a car that I loved, a 2008 VW Eos. My credit wasn't great from my divorce and some bad decisions I made in college with credit cards. When the dealership mentioned Santander was the only company that would offer me a loan, I had to take it. I needed the car to get to work and I didn't have much of a choice. My interest rate was insanely high (16%) but I felt like I had no other options. My monthly payment was $320 a month, even though I put down several thousand from my totaled vehicle. I felt trapped. Santander never took care of me, I always felt like I was being penalized.

I am a retail manager, so sometimes it was hard to make payments. I got tons of fees for paying late so I asked for an extension in November 2015. They granted it to me, but then I was slammed with a bill in the middle of Christmas and was basically threatened when I told them I couldn't pay it on time. I tried to go through a company to refinance my loan. They said I was too "upside down" on my loan to be refinanced. In the meantime, my car was losing value, it's eight years old at this point and Santander informed me that I still owe 10,230 dollars on this car that isn't even worth 5,000 dollars!!! In October, I paid 350 dollars on my car. I had fallen behind earlier in the year and asked for another extension, they told me that I could do that but then I never heard anything again.

For an unrelated reason, I have recently had to take a medical leave from work. I went out yesterday to get into my car, and I'm standing in my driveway looking at an empty spot where my car used to sit. There are drag marks in my driveway, tire marks through mine and my neighbor's lawn, and no sign of my car. I started sobbing and called the police. They asked if it was possible that it had been repossessed. I said no, I had just made a payment! When I called Santander, they said they had repossessed it and they had called me several times to let me know.

I can put my hand on a bible and swear on the life of my own mother that I did not receive a call from them, no letters, no voicemails to indicated that they were going to take my car away this month. They offered to give it back to me for $590 dollars, and to give me a two month extension. I told them to shove it, they have screwed me on that car since day one and now my credit is ruined from a repossession on my record. PLEASE take my advice, never deal with them, no matter what your circumstances. I am basically ruined because of my decision to trust Santander with my car loan. DO NOT DO IT. I cannot stress that enough.

As executor with power of attorney for an elderly widow. The bank has denied the power of attorney. So, in order to handle her expenses, I shall take her in person to close her account. The bank has no concern for assisting a 94 year old lady who is wheelchair confined.

I bought a 08 Dodge Charger in February of 2014 financed through Santander. At the time I didn't know any better. These people or company shall I say are completely awful. They will blow your phone up if you're 1 day late constantly. I've been paying for almost 3 years on this vehicle, yes been late a few times because of health issues amongst other life situations. Balance is more now than it was when I purchased the pos. This company is unreal and unforgiving. Finally decided after all this time to just let them come get it whenever they get ready. They've hurt me worse than they ever helped. Please people stay away from them. PERIOD!!!

Due to bad credit after my divorce I was forced to use Santander for an auto loan. My credit has since come up and I was able to pay off my loan. When they were overpaid by $862 they conveniently applied the payout to two months future payment and refused to refund my money. They stated they only owe me a hundred and sixty something dollars. I asked for detailed accounting. It clearly shows where they applied in October and November payment even though the vehicle was paid off in September. But when I speak to them on the phone they claim this is not the case. Yet this is what I clearly show on paper that they themselves sent me.

I bought a used vehicle and bought the S-Guard extended warranty. I had to put my truck in the shop a few days ago and was going to use my extended warranty to cover the issues and found out they didn't want to cover anything. I pulled up and printed out the coverage I had bought and they backed out of paying for anything that should have been covered through them. I don't understand why I paid all this money for this warranty and they don't want to stand behind their product that they sell. How can they get away with doing business like that.

I am complaining about a call that I received from Ricky ** in the office of the president. I explained that I spoke with Elizabeth in the Reinstatement department regarding my vehicle Repossession on August 8, 2016. During the call Elizabeth advised that the repossesion fee of $405 would be minused on my next billing statement.

Now on October 21, 2016 I spoke with Ricky ** who advised that he only pulled one phone call from a representative that I spoke with by the name of Ramona. I do not feel that he did his job which is to pull every call from August 10th regarding my repossession. So, he reviews the call and advised that Elizabeth never advised of the repossession fee would be deducted which is not true. I even offered to send in my handwritten notes of the call on August 10th. Santander Consumer calls me everyday and harasses me. I just lost my job on July 8, 2016. I just paid $836 on August 10th to get my vehicle back. This is wrong and not how customer service issues is handled.

I have dealt with many different banks but I must say this bank is a joke. Sadly, I have to say that this bank offers nothing but unprofessional, impolite and the worst service that anyone one can get. I have visited this bank for the past 3 months and I had an incident that took place today. A teller named Catherine who seemed to be an ** background with the worst attitude helped me deposit my money. She didn't only have the weakest personality but was uncivilized to treat her customers. She confirmed my deposits and after I had asked her to give me changes, she accused me of giving her a $100 counterfeit bill. I had clearly remembered that I had given the new $100 bill. She somehow swapped the bill indoor to put it in her pocket. The manager tried to escalate the situation but she didn't even have any knowledge of whether the bill was counterfeit or not.

I urged both of them to watch the cameras and let me know if I had given her the money and they claimed that it would take time to find the footage. I clearly told them that if I had given that money then I would take the responsibility and would apologize but they didn't have the system to check the cameras. I have been coming to this branch for 3 months and almost all the employees know me and I had no problems besides this ** girl full of arrogance with a dull personality. They took 2 hours to figure out that the bill was not counterfeit rather it was original. The manager had no idea how to check a counterfeit bill. I told her that when you mark a bill it would give the color black if it's a counterfeit bill. She had to call an employee who was on a vacation to confirm.

This branch is a joke where people with no intelligence is hired and work for nothing good. I would never go back rather would withdraw and switch to a different bank. They not only wasted my time but was not apologetic. I hope that ** girl who's zero intelligence is fired from her position. While the manager was double checking the money, she was chewing her snack and using her phone when there was a line waiting to be helped. I would kindly urge you guys to find a better branch or even a better bank than this.

So in Apr 2015, I traded in my 2014 4Dr Rubicon for a 2015 2Dr Hard Rock Edition. LOVE my Jeeps. Dealt with a great dealership, no issues there. They got me in the Jeep for a HUGE monthly payment, but I was told to email a copy of my active duty service commitment forms, and they would reduce my rate to 6% and drop my payments in half. So I call Chrysler Capital once my first payment is due. They tell me I have to have a set of Temp Duty orders or PCS orders in order to show them I'm active duty. And then tell me NOT to make a payment because once the orders go through, I won't have a payment for 60 days. So, I don't make a payment, sit and wait... and lo and behold, they don't reduce my rate, and come up with you have to have a set of deployment orders, and you have to have NOT be in the military before your contract... So I read their website, which specifically states PCS orders are an acceptable document for proof of active duty service.

So I try again... Send in a copy of my PCS orders, and again get told not to make a payment, 60 days BS... Oh by the way, they reported my 60 days late payment to the credit bureaus... And again, they deny my PCS orders. I finally called them to talk to a manager, and he tells me the same thing, that I need TDY or deployment orders. NOWHERE ON THE WEBSITE UNDER THESE BENEFITS DOES IT SAY ORDERS FOR DEPLOYMENT OR SPECIAL OPERATIONS!!! PCS ORDERS ARE ACCEPTABLE!!! Either change your damn website, or give me my 6% rate for my 28 deployments and 20 years of military service!!! And oh, now I'm trying to get another car for my spouse, and they won't fix the credit bureaus late payments report... I LOVE Santander. They gave me my special interest rate for active duty military, but their sister company, Chrysler capital can suck it. Once I get my credit fixed, bye Felicia!

Whoa! Is this legal? After reading the horror stories about the infamous Santander Consumer USA, I thought I would share mine. It is my sincere hope that this post helps one person to avoid potential destruction. I purchased my vehicle 11/2010 and the loan was set to mature October 15, 2016. Guess what? It will not. My car note is set to be paid off, 2018. Why? In the ignorance of making payments and blindly thinking that my payments were being applied to the principal; investigation reveals that I have paid $16,000 plus on the interest and $3200 has been applied to the principal. This is on a vehicle that was supposedly financed for $12,000.00. Oh, and let me add, that over $7,000 in repairs, a new transmission, everything under the hood has been replaced and all power window motors have been replaced.

I IMPLORE AND BEG anyone who is purchasing a vehicle and Santander is mentioned as the company with which the loan will be financed thru, to "RUN, DO NOT WALK" out the door! Tell the salesperson to consider other options or let you take the paperwork to a bank or credit union for a loan officer to review. DO NOT SIGN, anything. There are options, PLEASE do not get blindly LOCKED into a loan with Santander.

What has been considered legal by our government to allow Santander to operate in such a "scheming and diabolical" business manner is wrong. This bothered me so much that I contacted the Attorney General's office and they have requested that I submit my paperwork for this loan. This company seems to prey on the seemingly not credit worthy of society. To be allowed to operate in such a manner makes the words of truth written a long time ago in the Bible, "man has dominated man to his harm" (Ecclesiastes 8:9).

I wish I too could give a lower star. The company is designed to ruin your credit, and make sure you never pay off the loan. I was in an accident, and they would credit checks weeks after receiving them, and not providing information so the process took longer, so they could tack on late fees and interest. They agreed to lower my payment, but has not complied with their own letter. 5 days after the payment is due, 7 days after a phone call pointing out I do not owe what their system says. Yesterday I received a letter that I am 45 days past due (I'm not). Instead of paying them (my only creditor that I was using to rebuild my credit), I think I will file bankruptcy, or move forward with disputing them any way I can. 2 years left of payments on a car I don't have (I did not cause the accident), and they are ruining my credit, so I cannot buy a house. I'm over them!

Santander car loan is a complete rip off. Please do not use them for anything. I got a car loan from them in 2008 on a Toyota Camry. It was a 2004 at the dealership. I was lead to believe the car was only going to be 21,000 so I agreed to the car loan. Got home to see that the loan was going to be actually 40,000 due to high interest and fees. Well anyway I made my payment of 500 dollars every month. After a year of making payments on time I start noticing that my balance was lower any. I called and they corrected the issue. So in 2011 I heard a tow truck pulling into my yard. It was the repo man... How I made my payments on time... According to Santander I didn't. I paid almost 700 dollar in fees to get my car back. Finally I paid off my loan in 2012 but I have never got my title. I call and they have no information on my account. Wtf. 2016 still no title. I just got a lawyer. This crazy! NEVER USE THIS LOAN COMPANY!

I regret that I financed my car thru this bank. I have paid a lump sum payment towards my principal back in August and here is September and they are not able to update my account and give me a direct answer. Yesterday I was told by a manager that my account would be up to date today. When I checked my balance on the phone this morning not only it did not reflect the money paid toward the principal but it also indicated my account is 32 days past due. Even though I paid a lump sum towards my principal I have still been making my payments thru electronic deductions from my checking account on time every month. I would not recommend Santander to anyone for financing their vehicles.

I availed a Balance Transfer with Santander Bank and paid 3.5 % processing fee. The Customer Care Executive affirmed that the period is for 24 months. But every month Santander charged interest for the Balance Transfer amount. I called them and they say that I do not qualify for the 24 months as I am a existing customer and it is only available for the new customers.

The customer care executive acknowledged that it was a mistake by the employee but nothing can be done to correct the same. I have to continue to pay the interest even though it is the mistake of their employee. Santander --> Run, Santander --> Run Fast, Santander --> Run in the opposite direction. Santander --> Run as fast as you can.

I had a boat loan for 7 years and WAS NEVER LATE ON A PAYMENT. I sent additional money ($500) each month and the bank refused to apply it to principal. Instead they applied it to future payment thereby costing me thousands of dollar over the term of the loan. Each time I call to request the money to be applied to principal, the customer service person was rude and would not help.

Also, I had an insurance claim on the boat this past summer and the insurance company made the claim check out to me and Santander. I had to sent the check to TX to get it endorsed. They kept my check for over a month then told me they were APPLYING THE CHECK TO MY PRINCIPAL and I would have to pay out of pocket get the boat repaired!!! This has to be illegal!!! I had to argue with the customer service rep and request a supervisor. I finally got my money ONLY BECAUSE I PAID OFF THE LOAN!!! THIS WAS THE WORST BANKING EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD!!!

Santander Bank is the only banking institution in Pennsylvania that deals with a loan program called penncap. Penncap is a loan for people in Pennsylvania who can not get a conventional loan to start a business. I spent months working on a business plan with the intentions of obtaining the penncap loan. I had an embarrassing experience with Santander, so I complained to Ana Botin CEO the head of Santander in Madrid Spain to complain about this incident.

I also mentioned in my correspondence the penncap Loan. I got a call from the people in Santander Bank Reading PA. They called to tell me they had received my complaint and they also notified me that Santander does not do start up companies. This is disgusting revelation that a Bank from another country can come to America, sign up for our programs and then tell you, you don't qualify because they don't do startups but the program is for startups and their attitude was too ** bad!!! "We don't lend to startups and there's nothing we can do" and then I was blamed because, I didn't know they don't fund startups.

I have asked them to remove themselves from this program! They do not care about you!!! Santander is the worst bank, full of conceited people who don't give a damn about your welfare you could drop dead right in front of them and they won't even pick up the phone to call an ambulance. They are the worst Bank ever and they have billions of dollars. And they don't do startups? And their attitude is too bad. "It's your fault not ours that you didn't know we don't do startups!" I went off on the woman! I said "it's your problem. You're the one who should know the information that they print on the pamphlet of the penncap loan!" If youre a startup company and you're looking to get this penncap loan forget it!!! Santander doesn't care! And because of them you will never be in business!!!

They should not be allowed to do business in this country!!! What gives them the right to change the program to fit their needs!!! It was designed to help people in Pennsylvania who can't get a regular loan!!! And now that Santander is in charge of Penncap you will never be in business!!! Why does our government allow the foreign banks control Americans? The USA is under control of every other country but our own!!! And the next thing they will do is try and take control of our united States and we won't be able to stop it! Beware of Santander! THEY ONLY WANT TO STEAL YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY FROM YOU ANYWAY THEY CAN! You have been warned!!!

1st time car buyer taken advantage of by bank and dealer Felix Chevrolet in Los Angeles. Felix Chevrolet Los Angeles CA Gap insurance on contract never filed/reported. Ext warranty on contract never filed/reported. 1 month car insurance never reported. Apr was 25.97%. 16k car. After full pay off would've paid 41k. Dealer told me my car was salvage because it was a prior rental. But it was really salvage because it was stolen. Recovered after the alloted time frame. Santander Consumer Contract started Feb 2014. Repoed from my gate Friday August 2015 illegally and they had no reason to do it. I was making my payments but claimed no record. Got car back first on a Monday. Paid $1500. Possession were lost. Car was already headed to auction.

April 2015 I call to make a payment. They told me my account was on hold. I asked the following questions: Why? How? Since when? Why? They don't know. How? They don't know. Since when? Jan 2015. So I paid 3 months when my account was hold. Who took my money? 2 months later and countless calls to the bank. They told me my loan was paid in full. I owe nothing. I asked the following: How? Why? I never have my consent so why would you let someone pay it off. I don't know for all. Title never came until I finally received it 14 months later. It was only going to take 30 days. Lol. Still no info. Plenty lies and fraud along the way though.

This is the second letter I write to the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner. This letter serves as a follow-up to previous complaints about Santander Consumer USA Inc. (Santander), in reference the bank's negligent actions that has resulted harmful to my finances and my family. Today, I am informing you that my situation has worsened; now I no longer have my car, used to earn a living as a driver, have no credit and lost my job; additionally, will have to leave my house. As of today, since I no longer can afford to pay the rent; all these unfortunate events caused by Santander, and I have no idea what else can I do under this circumstances.

I am truly desperate due to a situation caused by the negligence of Santander; how could it be possible that I am involved in this situation, which I did not caused, through no fault of my own; and no one seems to care or do something about it; I don't have the means or resources to defend myself or hire an attorney; Santander stated that they would resolve this problem, but instead they came and took my card, my only means of income, and I lost all the monies paid, even the initial downpayment on the car. On my initial letter of complaint I informed that: I make a living as a driver, which is my sole source of income and on March 20th, 2016, I was involved in an automobile accident; and I took my car to EXPERT COLLISION & WHEELS CORP, which is an approved auto repair service provider by my insurance company.

This collision repair company finished repairing my car a couple of weeks later and the insurance company sent a check to my home address for final payment to the auto repair company, which had to be endorsed by me and Santander. I immediately proceeded to send the check to Santander for its endorsement and prompt payment to EXPERT COLLISION & WHEELS CORP.

Santander failed to endorse and send the corresponding payment check to this auto repair company in due time; and Santander's lack of response is what has led to this unfortunate situation, that caused damage and harm to my family's well-being by sequestering my only source of income and placing my family in financial hardship. I am very frustrated and concerned to say the least; I expected a much higher level of service from Santander's organization; and trust that this letter of complaint is useful to your Agency to assist in solving this unfortunate situation with Santander. Thanking you in advance for your valued support on this matter.

If there was a way to give less than one star I sure would. The company is quick to send nasty letters, sometimes even before the due date. The last payment, "pay-off", does not automatically get deducted from auto pay, but notice comes as a demand letter to settle a claim. Don't even think about calling and asking any questions, I've been on hold with them for approximately 3 hours, for 10 minutes of very rude conversations. After six months, I still have no title to my boat, so they sent me release of lien, and told me to take it to DMV to apply for new title... I told them to take their paper work and shove it, but they probably hear that day in day out, because she didn't even flinch. Stay away from them if possible.

To even talk to a customer service representative who didn't talk over you is almost impossible at this bank! The worst customer service ever! Regardless of who's right and who's wrong better customer service training is a must!

This company is a rip off! First off they financed a car and I was told the price was $23,000 and that is exactly what the car dealership showed me. After getting home and reading the contract, I am paying $40,000 for a car b/c of interest! If I would have known that, I never would have purchased the car. I lost my job not to long after getting the car and they would not even work with me. Even after I told them I got a job and could start making payments after I get paid on the new job they was not trying to hear that. They wanted a payment upfront and told me that the car was already out for repossession. At this point, I really don't care! They are so low down and dirty that I would rather have to straighten out my credit b/c of them then have to deal with them and this ridiculous price they want me to pay for this car. Run from this company and do not fool with them! They need to be investigated and I promise you they will owe a lot of people money!!

If I could choose no stars I would. We recently bought and sold a house and as is typical our mortgage lender (not Santander) needed information about our accounts including our Santander accounts. Every time my wife or myself went into this branch we were made to wait a long long time only to be told, "Oh we can't do that for you here." or "You will have to wait until you receive your statement in the mail".... many other answers but NEVER "Oh yes you are the customer and we get these requests all the time and we'll take care of it." NEVER. Always, No! "NO we cannot do that, not possible. You'll have to do it yourself." BLAH BLAH BLAH. AWFUL AWFUL. As soon as we can we will be closing our account with them and never EVER EVER doing business with them again.

This company are scammers! I recommend nobody does any business with Santander! I financed my car through them, and just today, I made my last payment. They will not release my title, even though they forced me to use a debit card ("because it's last payment, and it's paid automatically, as compared to check"). They harassed me from 7 am to 11 pm every month! If I made a payment today, they would ask when I would make next one.

They keep your payment information without your authority. They call your employer when you tell them you're not allowed calls at work. They charge you a $10.99 fee when you use credit, debit or check account. A 6 yr Payment on my car turned to be 8 yrs. I fell behind 3 months, and they added ridiculous fees! The experience was so bad, I will not get another car if it's through them, and if I start with another company and it transfers to Santander, I will return the car or have them repo it. They will destroy your credit, regardless of how good or bad you pay back.

So for the past year and a half I have been battling with Santander over my car payment. They keep telling me that I am behind but cannot send me a statement or any papers showing when and how I got behind. So for a year I had to call them to make my car payment over the phone which cost me $14.95 to do this. After a year of paying this fee I decided to mail the payment in to them. On each check was a bright sticky post-it with my name, phone number, DOB and last 4 of my SS# so that my payment got posted to the correct account. Along with all this info was also a request for a statement to be mailed to me.

So its been almost 2 years and I still have no paper statement with my balance. So last night when I got home from work a flatbed pulled in my driveway to repo my car. Said I was $1400 behind and he had to take it. I called Santander and they told me I was $2400 behind. I told her that the repo company said $1400 and she stated that it was $1000 in late fees. So we "chatted" back and forth about why it was so high. Even told her that I had not gotten a statement in the mail in almost 2 years. She checked on it and said it was flagged in the computer that it was not a good address and had came back. Don't know how many times it came back because she didnt share that info with me. I told her that I get my electric, gas, phone, cable, insurance and water bills at that address every month. I even asked where my letter was saying that they were going to repo my car and again she said it wasn't a good address.

So I am suppose to have a ton of late fees, a repo letter that never made it to me and statements that never made it to my address. She told me to check with my post office to see why they are not delivering my mail from Santander. I guess the post office goes thru my mail every month and picks out the Santander bill and sends it back according to the representative at Santander. What a JOKE. Every month when I mail a check to them I get an email saying my statement is ready but I cannot login to my account with them because I do not have an account and cannot set up one without my account number which they also will not give to me over the phone. They say they will mail it to me or email it to me. I have never got my account number via mail and cannot log into email without a password or account number. They just do not understand.

So here I sit with no car, no statement in almost 2 years and NO repo letter. I would never ever use Santander as a finance company. If you can finance somewhere else DO IT. They have cost me a fortune with "late fees, repo fees and the repo service fees" plus the past due they say I owe but cannot show it to me. I am very unhappy and am looking to see what I can do legally to take care of this ongoing matter.

Santander Consumer USA Company Profile