Find a Mortgages partner

San Diego, CA

3.8/5 (237 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Guild Mortgage Company

Guild Mortgage is an independent mortgage company offering services in 48 states. The company was founded in 1960 and offers every type of mortgage loan, including specialized services for first-time homebuyers and consumers with excellent credit.

Pros

• Programs for first-time buyers
  • Offers every type of mortgage loan

Cons

• Unavailable in NY and NJ

Bottom Line

Guild Mortgage is a mortgage company with more than 60 years of experience. Customers can sign up for a loan program online and work with one of Guild’s loan specialists to find the right mortgage.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Guild Mortgage Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guild Mortgage Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guild Mortgage Company?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

The senior loan payoff specialist did not do her job. AFTER we closed, I was notified that an insurance payment was made, on the day of closing (30 days before the payment was due). I tried to resolve, but they were more offended that I called them directly and didn’t want to help me directly. Instead of calling me, the loan specialist called my escrow officer and threatened to return ALL of the money for the sale if I didn’t pay the $1500+ For the full year of homeowners insurance within 24 hours. Mind you, at this point, I didn’t even own the house any longer. This payment was not disclosed prior to sale. It came back on the day of the sale. If you have people that are "payoff specialists", then they should be fully aware of all activities on the loan.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Dawne. My name is Ryan and I monitor these online reviews for Guild. I'm. sorry to hear about your negative experience with the payoff department. If you'd like me to look into this further, please reach out to me with your loan information and who you worked with at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net. I'll see if I can pass your info along and figure out what might have happened.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

My parents and I bought a house for my sister's family to live in on a Cornerstone loan. They were elderly and retired. We created joint trust for them. When dad passed we created a sole trust for my mother with all property in it. We did not want to refi because mom was very old. The Trust made payments as usual. Cornerstone was bought by Guild so we made payments to them. I set up a Trust for myself with all my property in it. When mom passed we sold the house. We needed to change the ownership on the loan to match the trust names. Our original Cornerstone agent was still with Guild and had the loan. We asked him to work with Guild to get the deed papers realized on the loan. He did not want to get involved and said they sold the Cornerstone loans to an outfit called Dovenmeuhle Mortgage. He said I had to call them (despite the fact our statements came from Guild and we were paying them!).

Dovenmeuhle took hours in queue to get a human. Their people were total idiots and unable to do anything about our problem. We could not distribute the trust without refunds on the mortgage and property insurance. Even my lawyer (whom I spent a lot of money on) could not get them to budge. I raised heck with our agent and demanded he do is job. Finally they said they would issue the check. But they screwed up and the check was made to my dead parents (not cashable). I voided it and sent a terse letter demanding the check be reissued as two checks, one to mother's trust and the other to mine. They refused to give us direct contact to a manager or their "special projects team" supposedly handling it. All I could do is call their danged customer care number and go through the entire Alices' Restaurant Massacree with them.

During all this, we received no calls from them, just an occasional letter here and there saying they were working on it. At this point I had about 3-4 days on the phone we these people. Three months and many hours on the phone later we finally got the checks. Saturday, we got our 1098 mortgage interest statement FROM GUILD MORTGAGE with the original loan names on it. These idiots DID NOT correct their data and filed incorrectly with the IRS. I called the Agent who did not want to get involved. So I found out contact for Chad **, the DM over all the eastern US and tried to call him. My call was routed to the St. Louis office (Guild Corporate is harder to reach than the President). I left msg to have him call me.

Then I called back and asked to speak with Angi ** who is in charge of MO and came from Cornerstone. She was "not available". I left msg for her to call back. Nothing happened. I do know this: everybody there knows that Dovenmuehle is incapable of handling loan issues per federal law. Nobody knows what to do with them so they let the customer go nuts doing their job for them. I believe this may be a violation of federal lending laws. It is not my job to do their job dealing with a broken 3rd party company. I have demanded the Guild assign a POC to handle all old loans via a direct corporate POC at Dovenmeuhle, and this process be socialized to all Agents.

RECOMMENDATION: Only get a loan from an old-line company working under the same name they have had for years. Doing business with globalist "Uberized" corporations that contract out everything does not work. Companies who do not do their own loans and handle the payments and databasing under one roof are an unacceptable risk. If they don't hurry up I will not be able to file taxes. I need two 1098, with 50% of the interest allocated to each Trust.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi David. My name is Ryan and I monitor these online reviews for Guild. I'm. sorry to hear about your negative experience. If there's anything I can do to help, or if you'd like me to look into this further, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Received a pre qualification, submitted all the documents requested, found a house after weeks of searching, found the perfect home. I was told by the mortgage company all was good. Paid $600 for an appraisal, $600 for an inspection and put down $3,000 in earnest money. A closing day was set after they had me purchase homeowners insurance. I was given the rates, and 5 days before closing was told all was good. The day before closing they contacted me asking for over a dozen new items, 2 of which I had no way to get (catch 22). So not only did I lose the house, I am losing the $1200 in appraisal and inspection fees as well as $3,000 in earnest money, due to Guild Mortgage either being liars or incompetent. So if you want to lose $4,200 of your hard earned money, feel free to use Guild Mortgage. They told me “So Sorry”, that doesn’t replace the $4,200 I am losing because of them.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Jeff. My name is Ryan and I monitor these online reviews for Guild. I'm. sorry to hear about your negative experience. If there's anything I can do to help, or if you'd like to discuss this experience, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

As with other we started our refinance in Nov 20. It is now 2 week in Jan 21. We were told the closing cost were minimal that is why we agreed to refi. We were told the closing were 1200, but those would go down. Now they are 2890. That is not going down last I checked. They send you a list of documents that are needing. The same documents were already sent. They want us to sign documents about the extra closing but they did not include my new monthly payment. Wonder why. Then they call me at 830 at night. Word of advice, get everything in writing. Do not communicate via phone. I have decided to look at other companies. Very disappointing. But from what I am reading, it is not unusual. Good luck.

Hi Brian,

My name is Ryan and I monitor these online reviews. We're always aiming to provide a high level of customer service, so I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. If there's anything I can do to help, or if you'd like further assistance, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Original loan was through this company so I thought it would be easy to let them handle the refinance. WRONG. It took over 60 days to do a simple refinance. I literally had to reach out myself to the local office to make contact, figure out where the loan stood, and try to push it along. It was as if they had a stack of folders on their desk and they could not get through them. One person would blame the other, "our underwriter", "our processor", etc. Now that it is finally refinanced, I am going through my first two statements and I see where they paid my taxes TWICE this year after I was sure to mention in closing and before about taxes being paid when/how to ensure paid and not forgot, etc.

The 800 customer service number (between being on hold, etc. the phone call was over 30 minutes) the lady told me she could not see my old loan, then she could but that she could not see where a payment was made, then told me it was not. Then told me if it was I would have to try and get the payment back myself, Guild would not handle. I have now left a message for the local office twice. I did contact my county for the taxes and they did in fact receive two payments; however, they have a system set up to not take more than one payment so they sent a check back to Guild. (Apparently, Guild has not posted or at least I do not understand how that process works or how long it takes them to post to accounts). The lack of communication from Guild is ridiculous. I would not recommend anyone to this company and I will not use them again in the future.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Jenn. I'm sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience. I'll do my best to help. If you send me an email at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number and any further information, I'll pass this along and see if I can find the right person to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Missed a full day at work because no paperwork sent to attorney. We were told last minute to bring $7500 to the table when originally told $6500. Unprofessional, not polite or kind. Eating food on calls.???

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Missy. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We pride ourselves on customer service. If you'd like me to look into this situation for you, please send me an email at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with a detailed account of what happened.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Guild Mortgage is an awful mortgage company. In the middle of a pandemic when they are supposed to be there to help, they’ve been unresponsive and after my request to go on forbearance due to being laid off from my job, they ignored my request and reported a late payment to the credit agencies. I cannot wait to refinance with a better company who cares about people going through hardships. I rated a 1 star because 0 is not an option.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Courtney. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Did you get this resolved? If not, I hope I can help. If you'd like me to look into this further, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number. I'll see what I can do.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Don't ever do business with them if you’re not fully aware of the finance process. They'll try to drain as much money as they possibly could to do your refinance/loan. They asked for my payoff statement four times in a very careless and unprofessional manner and expected me to pay for all the charges for these requests while they could've only pulled it once and save the money for the extra requests. They were also supposed to do a reissue for my MCC and I had to wait for two months after closing the loan and still haven't received the new MCC and when I followed up and called the eHousing they found out there's a mistake that needs to be corrected (If I didn't call and follow up they'd never knew about the mistake and just kept me hanging). JUST UNPROFESSIONAL, RECKLESS AND INCONSIDERATE.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Raafat. My name is Ryan and I monitor reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We take customer service very seriously, and we're always trying to do what's best for our customers. If you'd like me to escalate this issue, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net and I'll pass your information along to the right people in the company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Guild Mortgage Company add someone else flood insurance policy to my closing cost, and now I am getting the runaround trying to get my money back in the sum of $813.00, it's been more than two months and every day they say it's in the mail. This company have some very shady practices, just look at the reviews. Everybody is not lying, please avoid this company at all cost!!!.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Dwayne. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. Did this get sorted out? If you still need help, will you please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net so we can resolve it?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Guild Mortgage has been servicing loans on two houses for me recently, one house sold, and the loan closed. Guild's automatic payment system still withdrew the money from my account. I contacted them as during these trying times with covid I could not afford these funds to be withdrawn. Customer service has been difficult to get ahold of, I've been hung up on, and treated very poorly. The worst part is that I have no way of getting my money back, so far. Causing me to have to borrow money to make ends meet. The Customer service department at Guild has been nothing short of terrible. Especially during tough times with The Covid 19 Pandemic.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Rodney. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far. Providing excellent customer service is one of Guild's core values, and it's ALWAYS a priority. Please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan numbers and any additional information you can provide. I will pass this along to to the right people to see if we can get this resolved for you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

You'd think in the midst of a global pandemic that companies like Guild would understand the hardship people are going through, but they could care less. In order for me to save my home and become current in my mortgage, I was placed on a 12 month "repayment plan" from $1800/mo, to $2597.16/mo!!! An increase of almost $800 EXTRA PER MONTH ($797.16 to be exact)! Once we finish with this "plan", we would've paid $31,165.92! How does this "plan" help us?

When I called to speak to a representative to request to have our payments on a 30 YEAR LOAN added to the end of our contract agreement, I was told they couldn't do that, and that THIS "plan" is the best they could do for me. SMH! My wife and I both work full time and we have other financial obligations that we're striving to meet as well (e.g. food, tuition, transportation, utilities). Unfortunately, Guild seems to believe their payment is the only thing homeowners should be concerned with paying.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Saiko. My name is Ryan Walsh and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. At Guild, we pride ourselves on not only getting people into homes, but helping them stay in their homes. If you email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number, I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We attempted to use Guild Mortgage, but after 2 weeks without even being able to get a pre-approval letter when we had the funds to buy the home outright, we switched and had a pre-approval in 5 minutes from another lender. The team and experience with Guild was awful and we are so grateful that we switched. Once away from Guild, the process went seamlessly. I would recommend anyone, and especially veterans, to use anyone else. Guild has no idea how to navigate the VA mortgage process and you deserve better.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Bryce. My name is Ryan and I work at Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. If you'd like me to look into this situation for you, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

They start you off by promising you a guaranteed VA loan and the week before closing... SURPISE the outcome is different and other loans like FHA are persuaded instead. Veterans stay clear. There's no clarity or professionalism.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi David. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. If you'd like me to investigate this issue, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

This company is the worse. Their customer service is horrible. They cancel your insurance by not paying it out of escrow and force you to pay their expensive forced insurance. They refuse to give you the insurance information and policy number that they force you to pay for. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. There are better companies that truly cares about their customers.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Marlon. My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, but we very much do care about our customers. If you would like me to look into this issue for you, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

About a year ago, I had started out with another mortgage company and was getting the run around and then they started changing the terms of the loan. That's when I change mortgage companies and I couldn't be happier. After a year, I have not had any of the issues that others have mentioned. Online payments have been easy and everything has been taken care of on time. I would highly recommend Guild Mortgage Company to anyone looking for a good company to work with.

Guild Mortgage Company response

It's great to hear that you would recommend us. Thanks Andrew.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I'm not using them as a buyer but dealing with them as a seller. They just asked for a 3rd extension which will put them at 45 days if they actually follow through. I'm pretty close to just just cancelling and going back on the market. I will definitely think very hard about ever accepting any offers with them as the pre-approval company.

Hi Rigo,

My name is Ryan and I monitor online reviews for Guild. I'm sorry to hear about this, Rigo. If you'd like me to look into this, please send me an email with more information about who you're working with - rwalsh@guildmortgage.net

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Am so happy to have this company, all thanks to God for everything and you, you have been so good to me. Am grateful. I promise to be loyal and faithful to this company, may God continue to bless you all.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Thank you Lilian! This is wonderful to hear.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Storm damage, leaking roof and no it isn't the insurance company that has made my life hell. Unlike most mortgage companies Guild will not send a release of funds so a contractor can be paid. I overnighted the insurance check, paid them an additional $20 money order to overnight the endorsed check back. Only to find out a week later that they only check their mail once a week and only one person can sign off on these checks and this special person is on vacation for another 5 days. So here I am, rain in the forecast and not to mention scheduling a roofing crew is not overnight. Horrible practices, horrible customer service... oh did I mention I have spent almost 2 hours on hold during this entire process? I have been without a job for months due to Covid, I still pay my mortgage. However I cannot pay for a roof deposit and to think Guild will have had this check at least 2 weeks is infuriating.

Hi Kristie,

I'm sorry to hear about what's happening with your roof. I'd like to pass this to the right people at Guild to try and get this figured out for you. Can you please email me with your loan number? rwalsh@guildmortgage.net

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Used this company to finance my current home. The process was smooth and went along smoothly. The mortgage broker was very good and to this day I call her a friend. Sadly she works for another company now.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Thanks for this review, Darrel. I'm glad you had a positive experience with Guild.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Guild made the home buying pretty easy. They were great to deal with and very patient and available for this first-time home buyer. I had previously tried to go thru my bank. That drag out for better than 3 weeks. Guild had me taken care of in 24 hours!

Guild Mortgage Company response

Thank you for the kind words, Melody.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

The communication in their office and between customers needs to be worked on. We were 3 going on 4 weeks past closing date. I was told every day during that time that we would be closing “tomorrow“. To get any updates I had to obnoxiously call the loan officers cell because no one would tell me anything from the team line. Our loan officer waited to tell us till 3pm the day we were supposed to close that they were not ready and docs were not going to title on schedule. I had movers scheduled and repairs scheduled to be fixed, utilities were all moved over on that weekend so for me having to cancel in such short notice I was hit with cancellation fees and now have a bill from NV energy company for power I haven’t been using because we closed almost a month later.

I wanted this process to go as fast as possible so whenever my husband and I were asked for documents we had them sent back within 2 hours and then always being told no when I asked if there was anything else we needed to sign or provide, but we were always given more paper 2 weeks later. Most of the time they were the same documents we had already given them. We had to give them one paper 4 times and when I asked what was going on they said they couldn’t except it because the computer didn’t like the date, but my husband's was the exact same and they didn’t have a problem with that one.

What made me most furious about this mortgage company was the lying, holding up closing for docs they have had for weeks, not calling or emailing us or our realtor with updates, and getting our hopes up everyday that we were closing tomorrow. I would have accepted the fact that we weren’t able to close till 4 weeks later if that was what the loan officer would have told us but instead I was told the opposite and had to cancel movers and repairs 3 times before I finally stopped trusting their word. I will never refer this mortgage company to anyone.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Emily. My name is Ryan and I work at the corporate Guild office. I'm sorry to hear about this negative experience. We pride ourselves on good customer service, and what you're describing does not fit this mold. Please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number and loan officer name so I can pass this information along. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2020

Ryan from Guild worked tirelessly to resolve this issue to our complete satisfaction. Thank you Ryan and Guild correcting this issue so quickly.

Original review: July 29, 2020

We contacted Guild about a payment plan during the COVID pandemic as we did not want to fall behind with payments. Guild agreed to a payment plan and further stated they would not report late payments in any event to credit bureaus. Knowing the importance of staying current with our mortgage payments, my wife and I worked two full time jobs and sacrificed other expenses in order to pay our mortgage during the pandemic. Payments were made on time and the payment plan was followed.

We completed the payment plan the first week of July. Our reward from Guild was to report our account to credit bureaus for being 60 days late. If this is how Guild treats their customers during a global pandemic, when customers are doing everything in their power to pay off their mortgage during a time of unprecedented crisis, even while stating they would not report late payments to credit bureaus, you might imagine how they view their customers during normal times. The response we received from Guild about the negative reporting, which is not factually accurate: "The CARES ACT expired 6/1/20. Therefore, negative reporting began."

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Erik. My name is Ryan Walsh and I work at Guild. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. If you'd like me to look into this for you, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your full name and loan number.

Original review: June 24, 2020

From the beginning Guild has provided very little help and flexibility in response to COVID, unlike many other lenders who were proactive and customer focused. And the "updated responses" on the website went from no options, to "We won't report you to credit bureaus for being late", to "You can skip a few payments but they'll all become due in full at the end of those few months" (how, how could that possibly help anyone? ), to "You can apply for hardship assistance and at the end we'll discuss options for repayment" (still unclear if the missed payments will be moved to the end of the loan term... like every single other lender is doing. And with a clear, easy, online, transparent process!). This experience has made me reconsider having Guild as my mortgage lender and I plan on refinancing with my credit union.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Tatiana. My name is Ryan and I work at Guild. I'm sorry about the confusion around covid-19 and forbearance activity. Our customer service department is available to discuss options, and they can clear up the confusion. There are factors that influence what's possible with each individual loan, so it's best to discuss with them. If you'd like me to put you in contact with someone who you can speak with, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I am disappointed with this company, and am sharing my experience. I emailed the loan officer from the Pendleton, OR branch as I am looking to purchase a home in December, I had a few questions and was interested in potentially working with this company. I emailed 3 different companies, this one included. One company (Academy Mortgage Company) got back to me within an hour. The other (Banner Bank) got back to me the following week. This company, did NOT get back to me. It's been over a month. I even tried emailing the loan officer from the Hermiston, OR branch, nothing. Glad to take my business elsewhere, would just like to warn potential customers of their lack of customer service

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Genesis. My name is Ryan and I work at the Guild headquarters in San Diego. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you we have many loan officers who would be thrilled to work with you. If you'd like me to connect you personally, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net. Have a nice day.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I am very dissatisfied with Guild. I called today because the website was not allowing me to make a payment due to a forbearance I was issued because of covid.

I called today and waited on hold for at least 15 minutes. The customer service rep then told me I would have to be transferred to a counselor to make payment. Another 15 minutes and I just gave up. I have called previously three times in regard to other matters and they never return phone calls. When my forbearance was approved I never got a letter confirming this nor advising me of the conditions of said forbearance. The payment option should not be blocked if they can not answer their phones on a timely basis. Very frustrating. Use another mortgage company is possible.

Hi Darcie,

My name is Ryan and I work at Guild. I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and what you're describing is not ok. If you'd like me to escalate your concerns, please reach out to me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your loan number and full name.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have received three phone calls for the same exact thing today! I paid my late mortgage payment this morning and have received three different phone calls from three different loan specialists about it all today? I explained to the First Lady who called then to the second guy. Mind you I waited no less than 15 minutes each time to speak to a live person!! I am a truck driver so no problem but you would think the first person would relay the information to the company??

Hi James,

My name is Ryan and I work at Guild. I'm sorry about the frustrating experience. Usually, our customer service team is on top of it! Did you get your matter resolved? If there's anything I can do to help, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Resolution response: May 29, 2020

We were finally able to get with someone who had authority to reissue a check. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Our insurance is escrowed through Guild and was due April 18th. Guild sent a bulk check to insurance company (without tracking) and is telling us it will take Nationwide 60-90 days to process. Meanwhile, Nationwide tells us they cash the payment as soon as it is received. No record of cashing check. Talked to someone at Guild whom stated that they have a 60 day grace period and assures us that insurance will not lapse. I want it in writing to cover ourselves. We will see if that is passed on to us.

Guild Mortgage Company response

Hi Robby. My name is Ryan and I work at Guild. I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience, but I'm glad it was resolved. If there's anything else I can do to help, please email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Escondido office in particular. Do not use this company!! Took many many weeks to process and fund a loan. Had to push back close date several times because they couldn't fund a loan. It shouldn't take 6 weeks to process ANY Loan. Aaron ** only made excuses. Could not get anything done.

Hi David,

My name is Ryan and I work for Guild. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this frustrating experience. If you would like for me to look into your situation further, please contact me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net with your application information and the details of who you were working with.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I am very disappointed. After numerous times we had emails back and forward with Christopher ** Mortgage Consultant, we decided to fill up the application. No more than 19 hours later I had to email him back and politely asked him to withdraw our application, because of an emergency situation. We agreed not to proceed further, but a day after me and my husband’s credit score was checked regardless. Be aware, there is no way once you put your personal information to cancel your application confidentially. Of course his excuse was that he "reviewed" my application way before I was asking for withdraw-Big FAT LIE! You can imagine if they cannot respect your privacy, what problems you would have with them further. Not professional at all.

Hi Krema,

My name is Ryan and I work for Guild. I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Christopher. If you'd like me to help you escalate with our complaints team, please email me your information to rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Guild Mortgage has been TERRIBLE providing relief related to COVID-19. While other banks offer (in accordance with the CARES act!) to move three payment to the end of the mortgage, Guild Mortgage offers to stop three payments (March through May) to be repay in June! Plus, the June payment. UH?! And if you are in a truly difficult situation, they can work with you to spread those three payments over three months, but you still need to make your regular payment! Do you call that HELP?! A that’s not what the CARES act says. Nobody has held them accountable for it while people are struggling during these very difficult times.

Then to make it even worse, they respond to these reviews with a copy/paste poor answer and keep saying to check their website as they update information. They haven’t updated ANYTHING in months! The explanation given in their website is close to nothing useful. They fall back to what the “Investor” provided as option (Only the one option explained above). IT IS NOT WHAT THE INVESTOR SAYS BUT WHAT THE LAW SAYS!

Hi Christian,

I'm Ryan and I'm on the corporate marketing team at Guild. I monitor these reviews and coordinate with our servicing and compliance departments. Yes, our covid-19 page has the most updated information for how we're reacting as a company. Please let me know if you have questions - you can email me at rwalsh@guildmortgage.net.

Guild Mortgage Company Company Information