Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (668 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Gateway Mortgage Group

Gateway Mortgage Group is a mortgage provider that’s available in select states across the nation. It offers a wide variety of mortgage types, and its Lock & Shop program lets you lock in your interest rates. It’s a division of Gateway First Bank, and its website includes some helpful resources and loan calculators.

Pros

• Helpful online resources
  • Lock & Shop program
  • Large variety of products

Cons

• Not available nationwide
  • Sparse information on the website

Bottom Line

Gateway Mortgage Group is a privately owned mortgage lender. It operates in 40 states and in D.C. The company is a division of Gateway First Bank and offers purchase, refinancing, renovation and specialty loans.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Gateway Mortgage Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gateway Mortgage Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gateway Mortgage Group?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Cody is the best loan officer I have ever used! If you want a responsive, friendly, and open transaction he is your guy. He got me the best rates, stayed in contact as to the best timing for locking in my rates, and kept me posted at every step along the way. He is so easy to work with and you feel right at home with him from the moment you meet him. I recommend him wholeheartedly to everyone I know who's in the market. I will be buying an investment property in the near future and you can be sure Cody will be who I go to.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Great. I was very pleased with the service people were nice to deal with. Would do it again. Quick and on top of things everyone I was helped by. Would recommend to others. EV was great at being on top of my paperwork and answered all my questions in a timely matter.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

My experience with Gateway Mortgage Company was exceptional. The ease of the whole process and the professionalism of all involved was such a relief in a transaction that could have otherwise been very nerve-wracking!! I definitely recommend them with your next home purchase!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We are extremely happy and thankful for Mr. Paul. He was so knowledgeable it helped so much with being first home buying experience. We will use him again and will definitely send people his way. Thank you again so much. He lead us in getting credit up to get approval for VA home loan. So thankful and blessed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Steve and Jennifer are very easy and pleasant to work with at Gateway.. I recommend them for anyone looking for a loan. Very easy. Give them a try. Got my closing done on time and they both are very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Kathy was available whenever I had questions and was always professional! Love her! Kathy and Elyse always made me feel like I was a priority whether it was via phone call or email. I will definitely recommend to my friends.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My experience was amazing! The process was easy and quick. The training guides were thorough and interactive. My agent, David ** was great at communicating and following up in a timely manner each time I needed him. The whole team did a phenomenal job at making my dream a reality. Thanks everyone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I recently received a letter leaving me to believe I no longer had a mortgage with Gateway. How did this letter mistakenly get sent to me? I contacted someone that told me the letter was sent in error. Hopefully this kind of error is not common.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Jenn ** was and is the most professional person that I have every worked with. She went out of her way many times to help and resolve all of our questions and concerns, provided a superior quality of of service. She is a topnotch employee and should be commended for what she does for your company. I am so glad that I had the experience to work with Gateway. Thanks Jenn!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

She was good, all great, in time, easy as promise, the best in USA. I am glad to have her. Nothing will be better. I recommend her to others. I save money, time, paperwork. My wife very happy too. Thank you very much.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Everything about my experience with Gateway was wonderful. They really know what they are doing. When I had questions they were always there to answer them. Every step of the way I would get information about what was happening next.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Victor ** served as my Loan Officer and did an outstanding job in listening to my refinancing requirements and delivering top notch service every step of the way throughout the entire process. I was truly pleased with the short amount of time we were able to accomplish everything and close in the time frame we agreed upon. Best experience I've had with a mortgage company by far.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Amber ** went above and beyond my expectations!!! Thank you for providing fast and efficient service when it came to documents and information on the purchase! Amber was very helpful with information and with questions I had on any paperwork!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We are first time home buyers and Joey ** made the experience so easy and smooth. He was very specific in what we needed to provide. He communicated with us every day and told us where we were in the loan process. He is AWESOME!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Although it took awhile the underwriter did a great job. Our broker Pat ** did an amazing job keeping us informed on what was needed. Louellen went out of her way to make sure everything was submitted on time. Gateway Mortgage process although lengthy will make the dream of buying a house possible.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had a very good experience with Matt ** and his group at Gateway Mortgage in Georgetown, TX. They handled everything professionally and quickly. I was well informed at every step and felt like they were taking care of my interests. I highly recommend Matt at Gateway in Georgetown.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had a excellent experience here at Gateway with awesome staff. They helped me a lot and taught me every step to buying a home. They answered all my questions I had. I love working with the Mock team.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Felt very personal, Mandy worked very hard to get everything in order from beginning to end. They all were very honest and I never felt like I was left out of any kind of information. She was very happy for us for when we finally closed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Smoothest most professional group I have used. Fast, accurate, no BS. Above and beyond proud to do business with. Look forward to my next purchase. It good to know that there are hardworking good people looking out for the little guy and work to help them out and go the extra for them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

It was real smooth experience on buying my first home through a lender. Everybody stayed in contact and kept me updated, and helped me and answered any question that I had. They process was simple and quick. I would used this company in the future and would recommend to family and friends. They made it possible for my family to enjoy our new home.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

This was my second transaction with Gateway, both with Leisa **. She did a fantastic job both times. Application process was easy, transactions were smooth, timely and accomplished what I needed to financially. Very happy and would definitely recommend Gateway.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We have multiple loans with Gateway and are very satisfied!!! The process has always been fast, easy, and convenient. Jo Lynn ** is my loan officer, and she is always great to work with. Highly recommend her and her team for any lending needs. She also does loans for my clients, and they are always happy as well.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Angelia was great to work with, got our loan done quickly and got moved into our new home before the blizzard hit. She kept in contact with us to let us know each step of the process. Also enjoy the Friday video updates. Her office staff was great to work with too. Couldn't be happier with Gateway.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The experience with Gateway was good. The people I dealt with were knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions and concerns patiently. They were quick to respond and processed the application quickly. Jim was present at closing in case of any hiccups. I would use Gateway again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Working with Mike ** through Gateway Mortgage was one of the easiest parts of the home selling and buying experience! He’s so kind and helpful and always happy to answer all my questions. I would recommend Mike and Gateway Mortgage over and over again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Our loan officer Melony ** was amazing and helped us every step of the way, I would highly recommend her to anyone. I truly appreciate how she would go the extra mile to ensure all our paperwork was in order and kept us informed throughout the loan process.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This was great from the start to the finish. Tools made it easy and rep was always on top of getting the word out to me and helping me try the whole process. Thanks for everything. You have a great team.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was extremely pleased and Unexpectedly surprised on the streamlined efficiency that was demonstrated by the team of Gateway; lead by my point of contact Victor **. Not much to say on that matter, closing time speaks for itself; 17 days from start to finish. Continued success!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Extremely happy with the service provided by Jill **and team. She was very patient and detailed when walking us through the mortgage process. We could not ask for a better mortgage provider and will highly recommend to anyone in San Angelo looking to buy a home. Thank again! Will & Maria

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Jack ** and his team helped us tremendously throughout every phase of our house buying process. They answered every question with detail and were always so kind, considerate, and professional. They went out of their way to help us, even during off hours. Jaclyn was patient with me and all my questions and was extremely helpful, she’s truly so great at what she does! We will forever be thankful for Gateway Mortgage for all they have done for us and will always recommend them to our family and friends.

Gateway Mortgage Group Company Information