Find a Mortgages partner

4.5/5 (668 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Gateway Mortgage Group

Gateway Mortgage Group is a mortgage provider that’s available in select states across the nation. It offers a wide variety of mortgage types, and its Lock & Shop program lets you lock in your interest rates. It’s a division of Gateway First Bank, and its website includes some helpful resources and loan calculators.

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Helpful online resources
    • Lock & Shop program
    • Large variety of products

Cons

• Not available nationwide
    • Sparse information on the website

Bottom Line

Gateway Mortgage Group is a privately owned mortgage lender. It operates in 40 states and in D.C. The company is a division of Gateway First Bank and offers purchase, refinancing, renovation and specialty loans.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Gateway Mortgage Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gateway Mortgage Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gateway Mortgage Group?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

The service and personal attention I received from Kristy ** was exceptional. She went above and beyond to ensure that all of my needs were met and that everything was handled thoroughly and efficiently. Plain and simple, she's the nicest and best at what she does. For anyone looking to obtain financing/refinancing, I highly recommend Kristy ** and Gateway First Bank.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Could not have hoped for a better experience. Josh guides us through the process with professionalism, responsiveness, and was always able to answer our questions. We were on a tight schedule and he was relentless in ensuring the loan process hit all the milestones needed to close on time.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Gateway has handled 2 of our mortgages now, and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a mortgage company. Professionalism, timeliness, courtesy, helpfulness, attention to detail, communication - all first rate! Thank you Gateway for a seamless, positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Lisa ** was absolutely amazing! She Without her professionalism, attention to detail and heart, we wouldn't be in our home today. We owe her a great deal of thanks! Would definitely recommend Gateway Mortgage Group, especially to our friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Julie was very helpful during the loan process answering questions and coming up with solutions getting my loan approved and secured. I would highly recommend Gateway, and plan to continue doing business with them for all of my future mortgage needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Chris ** and his team were great! I put all of my trust in them and they more than delivered! It really does matter who you use for your mortgage loan, being local makes a huge difference. I figured I would have had a hard time getting approved for a mortgage loan and thought I had a lot longer to wait before I could buy my first home but Chris (and my realtor) made this so easy and understandable! I would do it all over again. (I will when I'm ready to expand =).)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Mrs. Faye ** was the best. Mrs. Faye explained every part of the process right up to the day of closing she would answer any question you needed her to answer. I would refer her to ANY 1. All I can say is Mrs. Faye being our lender was a blessing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Made refinancing so easy & didn’t have to worry about anything! They took care of everything for me and needed a few documents here & there. Always communicated with me the whole way with updates and when needing to contact someone on my behalf they were willing to do so.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Elaine ** was "Awesome". She did an outstanding job concerning my home refinance loan. Elaine kept me up-to-date on every step of the loan process. Yes I would recommend anyone to use Elaine ** and Gateway Mortgage services. Thanks. Joey

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Our experience with Gateway was stress-free! In a process that can often create stress and produce lots of "to-do" lists, this was not the case with Gateway. Staff were helpful and made the process go smoothly! Everyone we interacted with was professional, friendly, and helped us navigate through the process. I will highly recommend Gateway to others as a preferred Mortgage lender!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have had the pleasure of working with Lisa ** and her team, again. I received incredible service and honestly had no issues or stress with my 2019 REFI. Always a pleasure to work with this amazing team. I will continue to work with Lisa and will absolutely recommend her to others.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Matt was very quick and efficient along with his team and it was a very easy process so much. I recommend him to my family and friends, they closed at a time and upon my schedule from work so I didn’t have to miss work.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

My refi was very easy and took a short time to process. My agent took good care of me and kept me informed along the way. The emails that had links to explain where I was in the process were very helpful as well.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Maribel was absolutely fantastic. The entire process went far smoother than I could have ever imagined. Maribel worked with us from start to finish and any questions that arose were answered immediately through email or phone. She was very approachable, and, in my opinion, strived to provide us with the best experience possible. I would certainly recommend Gateway Mortgage to any of my friends and family. We were actually recommended to use Gateway from a friend, and are very glad we made the right choice.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I would highly recommend Margaret to my friends. She is very clear with instructions and explains the process in detail. We had a very quick close and she expedited everything through and on time. She's great.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Multiple questions not answered or dodged. (Still waiting on written appraisal report. We quit asking after 7 times.) We felt like we were less than important and mostly a bother. We'd definitely use someone next time who actually treats us like we matter.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We just used Gateway for a second time to refinance our home. Larry ** is a gem and just fantastic to work with. He’s so professional, and efficient. I will never work with anyone else. Gateway and Larry ** have earned our loyalty for sure.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Don in McPherson made the process very easy to understand and described everything step by step. He explained all available options and helped us to choose what would be best for us in choosing a home loan. Paperwork was quick and he made very easy checklists we could follow.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Very pleased with Mary ** and her staff. Very efficient and exact. Very timely, showed very good understanding of process, explained what is needed and why it is needed. If I ever buy another property and need a mortgage I will most certainly seek Mrs. ** out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My experience was excellent. My lender representative was Destini ** and I could not be any more satisfied. She was so helpful and made me feel important. She was always quick to respond to questions and was informative from the beginning to end. I enjoyed what could have been a more stressful experience. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We chose Gateway because we like having a local office and a local agent. Todd ** is very easy to work with and always responds to questions quickly. He made the whole process easy and their rates and fees are very competitive.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Juliana ** was professional, thorough, communicative and timely. I'd recommend her as a LO to anyone looking for a home loan. The systems were easy to navigate. Overall I greatly appreciate everything Juliana did to help me obtain my home loan for refinance.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

The staff at Gateway Mortgage were fantastic to work with. Deidre ** and the others that supported her were extremely knowledgeable, were quick to respond to questions, and kept us informed every step of the way. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

My experience was awesome! Matt was amazingly available whenever I needed him, he was very professional. The closing went very smooth and Matt did a great job explaining the massive volume of paperwork. The day of closing was horrible weather and I was 50 miles away from the office and Matt was kind enough to stay late until I could get there.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This mortgage company was very easy to work with. It was an easy process with professional staff. They were quick to respond to my emails and gave me useful information when asked. They even send helpful videos throughout the process to guide you. I'm so glad I went through them! They even offered me a lower interest rate than my hometown bank!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Our mortgage lender, Jaye **, was fantastic and really worked to get us the lowest rate possible and was able to answer all of our questions quickly and professionally. It was because of Jaye ** that we chose to have Gateway Mortgage for our refinance company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with Buck ** and Gateway Mortgage! They really worked hard to make my dreams of becoming a homeowner a reality! I can’t thank Buck enough for his hard work and for genuinely caring. He was always there to answer any questions and always kept me informed. Highly recommend Buck ** and Gateway Mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I was let down by another lender. The team at Gateway worked extremely hard to get my deal closed as quickly as possible. Deidera was just an amazing lady to work with. Talked and text any time with answer to our question. I would highly recommended using them. They are great.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

The staff I worked with were excellent! They answered all of my questions and worked with me until I understood everything that was going on. Communication was superb. They even gave me easier ways to submit documents because I was having trouble. I would recommend them to anybody I know! I had an overall fantastic experience!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Chris ** and his team are phenomenal. The whole process was nice. I felt like I could trust what he was telling me and looking out for our well-being. Only problem is the amount of junk mail I receive for life insurance and other services linked to my mortgage.

Gateway Mortgage Group Company Information