4.0/5 (484 ratings)

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Gateway Mortgage Group

Gateway Mortgage is the mortgage lending division of Gateway First Bank (NMLS #7233). It has a wide range of loan products, including traditional mortgages and harder-to-find options (like one-time close construction loans, FHA 203(k) mortgages and manufactured-home loans). You can apply for a loan from the company’s website.

Find Mortgage Lenders near you

Pros

• Variety of loans, including construction and lot loans
    • Programs for first-time homebuyers
    • Online application process available

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • Unclear fees and requirements

Bottom Line

Gateway Mortgage is a privately owned mortgage lender that helps people purchase, refinance, renovate and build homes. It has a wide selection that includes programs for first-time homebuyers and borrowers who need down-payment assistance.

Gateway Mortgage Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gateway Mortgage Group?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Working with Mike ** through Gateway Mortgage was one of the easiest parts of the home selling and buying experience! He’s so kind and helpful and always happy to answer all my questions. I would recommend Mike and Gateway Mortgage over and over again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Our loan officer Melony ** was amazing and helped us every step of the way, I would highly recommend her to anyone. I truly appreciate how she would go the extra mile to ensure all our paperwork was in order and kept us informed throughout the loan process.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This was great from the start to the finish. Tools made it easy and rep was always on top of getting the word out to me and helping me try the whole process. Thanks for everything. You have a great team.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was extremely pleased and Unexpectedly surprised on the streamlined efficiency that was demonstrated by the team of Gateway; lead by my point of contact Victor **. Not much to say on that matter, closing time speaks for itself; 17 days from start to finish. Continued success!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Extremely happy with the service provided by Jill **and team. She was very patient and detailed when walking us through the mortgage process. We could not ask for a better mortgage provider and will highly recommend to anyone in San Angelo looking to buy a home. Thank again! Will & Maria

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Jack ** and his team helped us tremendously throughout every phase of our house buying process. They answered every question with detail and were always so kind, considerate, and professional. They went out of their way to help us, even during off hours. Jaclyn was patient with me and all my questions and was extremely helpful, she’s truly so great at what she does! We will forever be thankful for Gateway Mortgage for all they have done for us and will always recommend them to our family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

The service and personal attention I received from Kristy ** was exceptional. She went above and beyond to ensure that all of my needs were met and that everything was handled thoroughly and efficiently. Plain and simple, she's the nicest and best at what she does. For anyone looking to obtain financing/refinancing, I highly recommend Kristy ** and Gateway First Bank.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Could not have hoped for a better experience. Josh guides us through the process with professionalism, responsiveness, and was always able to answer our questions. We were on a tight schedule and he was relentless in ensuring the loan process hit all the milestones needed to close on time.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Gateway has handled 2 of our mortgages now, and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking a mortgage company. Professionalism, timeliness, courtesy, helpfulness, attention to detail, communication - all first rate! Thank you Gateway for a seamless, positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Lisa ** was absolutely amazing! She Without her professionalism, attention to detail and heart, we wouldn't be in our home today. We owe her a great deal of thanks! Would definitely recommend Gateway Mortgage Group, especially to our friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Julie was very helpful during the loan process answering questions and coming up with solutions getting my loan approved and secured. I would highly recommend Gateway, and plan to continue doing business with them for all of my future mortgage needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Chris ** and his team were great! I put all of my trust in them and they more than delivered! It really does matter who you use for your mortgage loan, being local makes a huge difference. I figured I would have had a hard time getting approved for a mortgage loan and thought I had a lot longer to wait before I could buy my first home but Chris (and my realtor) made this so easy and understandable! I would do it all over again. (I will when I'm ready to expand =).)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Mrs. Faye ** was the best. Mrs. Faye explained every part of the process right up to the day of closing she would answer any question you needed her to answer. I would refer her to ANY 1. All I can say is Mrs. Faye being our lender was a blessing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Made refinancing so easy & didn’t have to worry about anything! They took care of everything for me and needed a few documents here & there. Always communicated with me the whole way with updates and when needing to contact someone on my behalf they were willing to do so.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Elaine ** was "Awesome". She did an outstanding job concerning my home refinance loan. Elaine kept me up-to-date on every step of the loan process. Yes I would recommend anyone to use Elaine ** and Gateway Mortgage services. Thanks. Joey

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Our experience with Gateway was stress-free! In a process that can often create stress and produce lots of "to-do" lists, this was not the case with Gateway. Staff were helpful and made the process go smoothly! Everyone we interacted with was professional, friendly, and helped us navigate through the process. I will highly recommend Gateway to others as a preferred Mortgage lender!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have had the pleasure of working with Lisa ** and her team, again. I received incredible service and honestly had no issues or stress with my 2019 REFI. Always a pleasure to work with this amazing team. I will continue to work with Lisa and will absolutely recommend her to others.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Matt was very quick and efficient along with his team and it was a very easy process so much. I recommend him to my family and friends, they closed at a time and upon my schedule from work so I didn’t have to miss work.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

My refi was very easy and took a short time to process. My agent took good care of me and kept me informed along the way. The emails that had links to explain where I was in the process were very helpful as well.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Maribel was absolutely fantastic. The entire process went far smoother than I could have ever imagined. Maribel worked with us from start to finish and any questions that arose were answered immediately through email or phone. She was very approachable, and, in my opinion, strived to provide us with the best experience possible. I would certainly recommend Gateway Mortgage to any of my friends and family. We were actually recommended to use Gateway from a friend, and are very glad we made the right choice.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I would highly recommend Margaret to my friends. She is very clear with instructions and explains the process in detail. We had a very quick close and she expedited everything through and on time. She's great.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Multiple questions not answered or dodged. (Still waiting on written appraisal report. We quit asking after 7 times.) We felt like we were less than important and mostly a bother. We'd definitely use someone next time who actually treats us like we matter.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We just used Gateway for a second time to refinance our home. Larry ** is a gem and just fantastic to work with. He’s so professional, and efficient. I will never work with anyone else. Gateway and Larry ** have earned our loyalty for sure.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Don in McPherson made the process very easy to understand and described everything step by step. He explained all available options and helped us to choose what would be best for us in choosing a home loan. Paperwork was quick and he made very easy checklists we could follow.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Very pleased with Mary ** and her staff. Very efficient and exact. Very timely, showed very good understanding of process, explained what is needed and why it is needed. If I ever buy another property and need a mortgage I will most certainly seek Mrs. ** out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My experience was excellent. My lender representative was Destini ** and I could not be any more satisfied. She was so helpful and made me feel important. She was always quick to respond to questions and was informative from the beginning to end. I enjoyed what could have been a more stressful experience. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We chose Gateway because we like having a local office and a local agent. Todd ** is very easy to work with and always responds to questions quickly. He made the whole process easy and their rates and fees are very competitive.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Juliana ** was professional, thorough, communicative and timely. I'd recommend her as a LO to anyone looking for a home loan. The systems were easy to navigate. Overall I greatly appreciate everything Juliana did to help me obtain my home loan for refinance.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

The staff at Gateway Mortgage were fantastic to work with. Deidre ** and the others that supported her were extremely knowledgeable, were quick to respond to questions, and kept us informed every step of the way. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

My experience was awesome! Matt was amazingly available whenever I needed him, he was very professional. The closing went very smooth and Matt did a great job explaining the massive volume of paperwork. The day of closing was horrible weather and I was 50 miles away from the office and Matt was kind enough to stay late until I could get there.

Gateway Mortgage Group Company Information