Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Chase Auto

Chase Auto
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.41/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Chase Auto Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought a used Mazda from a Mazda dealer. Chase was their default loan for good credit customers. I got a great interest rate. The few times I've had to contact customer service, I had no problems and they answered all my questions.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have never had any issues with Chase, and would recommend them for a car loan. I was easily able to pay everything monthly by automatic bill pay, and also can access my loan statement at the same time as my Chase card.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

The loan was a 60 month loan with a reasonable monthly payment. The loan was provided with the best loan rate of 0%. Yes that is right. You did read 0% - ZERO percent. It enabled all payments to pay on the principal of the loan. Great deal with Mazda Chase Auto Loans Program!

Original review: July 9, 2019

My loan was arranged through the auto dealer and is the second one that I have had from Chase. The payments are made monthly and since it is a simple interest loan there is little to compare with other loans except the rate. Never had to contact customer service at all. My loan shows up in the Chase App on my phone along with my credit cards and accounts from Chase. That makes it very easy to keep track of.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I could pay extra on the loan and it would take more off the principal directly so that I paid it off quicker...less than 4 years. Then I got a work bonus at that time and applied it directly to the loan...saving in tons of interest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I’m a Chase customer, so I figured refinancing my auto loan with them would be pretty easy...well I was wrong. The online application was fine, but then I spoke with a rep on the phone and the first red flag was that they increased my APR when they found out my car had features like a sun roof and back up camera. Also, the rates really aren’t that great - my credit score is an 800 and the best they approved me with (including Chase auto debit discount) was 4.69% I believe. Now here comes the real headache; they sent me this paperwork right before Christmas and New Year's so I reached out to the rep multiple times to ask for an extension with no response.

Eventually I just did all the paper work, tracked down a notary and then went to FedEx to ship. -pause here for a second - I have never had to go through such an arduous process for an application including tracking down the right type of notary for this one document. So fast forward a few days and I never heard that they received my paperwork. Called a few times and finally got through and they said my paperwork has expired and they want me to do it ALL OVER AGAIN. This has been such a hassle and not worth it. I unfortunately cannot recommend them for your auto loan.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I am a long time Chase bank customer. I had my mortgage with Chase, I have two credit cards, a savings and checking accounts and a debit card. I completed an on-line Chase auto refinance application. I promptly received an email stating Congratulations! You've been approved! It showed the rate 4.19% and monthly payment $249.30. It shows NEXT STEPS - call the toll free #. The first time I called I spoke with a rep. He asked me for the VIN#, and other information which was on the application. No problem. Then he said I needed to speak with a underwriter. Really??

We scheduled a date & time for me to speak with an underwriter. When that day came I rushed home from work and called right at the scheduled time (5pm central). I held for 50+ minutes and gave up. I kept getting those annoying auto attendant messages saying the wait is 50 minutes. I tried calling again the next day while at work. I had the same experience. By the next day my loan app expired. So I re-applied. The rate and monthly payment was higher 4.44/$260 something. Guess what happened... Deja Vu... Right back into the twilight zone! I called my local Chase bank for assistance. Unfortunately they dont get involved in auto refinance loans. It must be done on-line. I am SO DISAPPOINTED in Chase. How can a company like JP Morgan Chase be so incompetent?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We opened a Chase auto loan mid September 2019. Four months later we wanted to pay off the loan in full as it was a stipulation with being approved for our new home loan, which is luckily through a different finance company. We contacted Chase to get the pay off amount and asked them the fastest way to get this paid and they stated if we brought in a cashiers check to a branch it would post by the next business day. We took off work to go to our bank, purchased a cashiers check and took it to a Chase branch. Needless to say five business days later They still have not posted our payment, holding up our home loan.

Every time we try to contact them they give us excuses stating it’s under investigation and they don’t know why it hasn’t posted. They have our cashiers check for almost $12,000. We provided the branch number and the transaction number yet nobody has posted our payment. Do not use Chase, they will lie! If you are a day late with your auto payment you’ll get charged fees but they have no problem holding up the process that’s important to you. Completely incompetent!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I've never in my 42 years of life have dealt with a dishonest company like Chase. Here is my story: I leased a car through Chase and it was returned on August 25, 2019. I made all my payments on time. I was never late. The nice people at the dealership said, "It could take 30-60 days for them to contact you." Well, today is January 7, 2020; and today is the first time someone contacted me from Chase to get the remaining balance from the Lease for over mileage. They begin to tell me they contacted me by mail and it was returned to them in early November. Then she proceeds to tell me they mailed another one after it was returned to them. Why would a company like Chase do this? If it was returned to Chase then common sense would say call the person. My phone number was on file. They never called me until today, January 7th.

They said that it is 76 days past due. How can that be because no one contacted me until now? They basically said in a nutshell that's how they do it and instead of having 4 months to pay the over mileage off, I now have 1 month and 14 days. The balance is high. I tried speaking with a manager and she did absolutely nothing for me. I will never work with Chase again. They are very unprofessional and do not do their job, all at the expense of the consumer. Most dishonnest company I have seen in a long time. I will make sure everyone I know hears this story and to never give their business to Chase.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Trying to dispute end of lease charges has been an absolute nightmare. Had a Range Rover Sport, stayed in the family and got a range rover velar. Figured since I was a loyal customer it would be not the hardest thing in the world for them to make some concessions since there was no way I realistically had 3k worth of damages at the end of my lease, but boy was I mistaken. They had to mail out a damage report which took a while, I requested picture evidence of the damages in the report (they also had to mail these, despite the fact that the entire world now fully operates on the internet) which never came, then I had to fax back (thats right, fax) written permission for my business manager and lease broker to speak with them. Even after all that Chase wouldn't let them speak on my behalf to try and argue the claims.

Was speaking to a supervisor named Lori (**) who was literally zero help. Didn't even act like she cared enough to try to help, and was aggressive and short the entire time we were on the phone. Eventually because of all the back and forth and sending us in circles they passed my claim off to the next department and nothing got resolved. The whole way they handle these situations is not at all conducive to good business and keeping the customer loyal and happy. It's unfortunate they haven't updated their communication strategy to reflect the current market or expectations of the modern day customer.

Every step to a resolution felt like a purposefully placed hurdle that had me and my team going in circles. We shouldn't be handling conflict resolution this way in 2020. Especially when finding a resolution would cost them effectively nothing and I could walk away wanting to continue in business with them and they could walk away feeling like they had gotten an amount that was fair. Very VERY disappointed with the whole experience.

Not sure about Chase Auto?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Chase expert review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

• Best for: Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information