Chase Auto

Chase Auto

3.8/5 (372 ratings)

About Chase Auto

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Chase Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

We have a leased vehicle from Chase Auto from 3 years and it has been nightmare. They were so inefficient to create lease buyout paperwork that we ended up extending lease to prevent late fees and extra interests. Recently, I found that company paid none of the toll payments which directly goes to Chase finance department instead of coming to our address due to Chase being the primary owner. Since, I got to know about it have been actively following up with bank only to realize that we have paid only 1/10th of the total tolls and each of them had $25-$100 late fees because Chase Auto never paid them.

When I asked how it is even possible they send me more than 40 papers of video citations for toll violations and provided no record how many of them were paid and why were they not paid on time. This is first of us following up with them on status not other way around. Now I have 40 unpaid toll tickets with thousands of dollar on late fees with no record which of them were paid.

It is so challenging to get to talk to right POC. Each person I have talked to says they do not have the visibility and can not help except customer care. Customer care people says they have opened the work order (same message from last 1.5 month) and can not provide further details until I receive details they are trying to send to my address. Additionally I have 160+ letters from Chase Auto stating these toll citations with no clear understanding which of them are pending and where did my $1200+ payment go. Please see the original tolls add up to $246 only. If you have Chase auto lease please check your toll payments closely. I think they are trying to make money out of it and not paying them on time, while taking the late fees from the users. This is so shady and needs to be reported.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I sent payoff of a vehicle with odometer disclosure to Chase Auto Payoff department (received 18th) of August and is now the 8th of Sept and they still have not processed my payoff. First, they said they were short staffed but would get it done then they pretended they were missing the odometer disclosure which I had proof and signature of it being received so they said, "Sorry we do have that." Now they are saying my check may not be good when I also have a copy of that and can verify it is. They drop calls, bounce you around and straight out lie on the phone. Apparently, their customer support can only communicate with title department by message and title dept does not respond or talk direct with customers. Been in auto finance for over 20 years this is the worst bank I have dealt with. DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

IF/WHEN you are in search of a new car, run fast if they mention Chase Auto! Here is why - They received my first pay-off check on 7-16-22, lost it or just couldn't locate it. Had to place a stop payment AND informed them! Mailed a 2nd check that they signed for 8-2-22 at 9:33am. It is now 8-24-22, they have not only not posted my pay-off check, their bill collectors are calling & they have reported me as 30 days late to all 3 bureaus! Then they decide to post the first check (that they were aware had a stop payment on it) & had the nerve to call me & ask why the check was no good!! Seriously Chase, you have made it to the top of the WORST auto finance companies!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Paid my auto loan off early, gave instructions on how I wanted my title sent. Instead, Chase sent the title to the state, creating a separate nightmare in trying to get the title. How is it legal to give my clear title to an unauthorized third party?

Original review: July 13, 2022

Mailed final payment to address in Arizona from Las Vegas, NV on June 23, 2022. It is July 13, 2022 and the check is still not posted. I called Chase a few days ago to ask they received it and was told no. Customer Service said it takes around 10 days to post. 10 Days. I live in Las Vegas and Arizona is next door. It takes 5-6 day for package from PA to Las Vegas. I'm still waiting for check to be posted and see if they demand a few dollars more for interest.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Chase Auto Finance lost my title, since they mailed it to an address that does not have a mailbox. I have waited 5 weeks now they say my title was returned to them via US mail. I am at the point now my tag/registration is not valid. I asked for this title to be over night mailed to me. Chase said they have to see if they can do this. The phone rep. said I live in California which I do not. All calls always seem to go overseas. No one knows what they are doing at Chase Auto Finance. I still do not have my title. I cannot get plates or my registration renewed.

Original review: June 2, 2022

This is probably the worst customer experience I've had from a "reputable" company. I took out an auto loan and tried to immediately set up auto billing. Their auto billing service was not working, and after calling about 10 times (and getting shuffled back and forth between departments since no one knew how to fix the issue) and spending countless hours on the phone waiting, I was finally able to resolve the issue. They then sent me a bill since the first payment could not be processed by auto billing and when I tried to pay the bill over the phone, I was told I did not have a balance and could not pay anything. They then sent a late payment to my credit report, ruining my score. When I tried to call to get it resolved, it seems like it will be a lengthy process with an uncertain outcome. Give your business elsewhere and avoid the massive headache/terrible customer service.

Original review: April 15, 2022

The agents are condescending and awful to work with. I pray I never have to deal with Chase again. They are rude. I can’t wait to be done with them! They need some type of customer service training. People are still trying to recover from job loss and Covid. Chase does not care!

Original review: April 12, 2022

Chase Auto Finance is absolute scum. I would highly NOT recommend them for your auto financing. I’m finally close to end of my loan (owe a little over $1900) and payments are being withdrawn later than the 2-5 business day timeframe. Like clock work it takes 5 days for my payment to post to my bank account. Magically now Chase is pulling payments 7,8,9 days later (and there was no holiday, payment was made on a Monday) just whenever they feel like it! Customer service is a nightmare and when a call is escalated, the supervisors have been clearly trained to be cruel, hard nose, unconcerned twits who threaten to disconnect the call after causing you trauma! I will be discussing with a lawyer for further review.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After purchased car from lease buyout, it has been a nightmare from day 1. 2 years later paperwork is still not finished. I have called in hundreds of times, they keep saying they're opening a case on it but still nothing. DO NOT USE THEM TO PURCHASE A CAR, IT'S ONLY HELL.

Chase author review by Emma Simon

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Chase Auto Company Information