2. Finance
Chase Auto

Chase Auto

3.7/5 (270 ratings)

About Chase Auto

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I paid off my car in December of 2014. After many calls I received notarized loan satisfied documents with someone else’s name, address, and a totally different car. I have been trying got just get my loan paid paperwork from them. Last call a couple weeks ago with a promise to send. I confirmed my address and personal information. Nothing. I just don’t know what to do. 6 years of this. Unbelievable. The customer service is outsourced. I can barely understand the reps. They couldn’t care less. Do not use this company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

My experience with financing for the car was great. They offered a rate 3% lower than my bank!!! Fast forward to time for my first payment I accidentally scheduled a one-time payment and automatic payments, so both came out on Sep 1; the second payment was credited to the following month. I requested a requested a refund on 2 September and was told the request would be effective on 5 September. On 9 September the payment had not been reversed so I called to check the status and was told it would be completed on 10 September. I called today, 13 September, and was told the status shows complete 10 September but they would submit a follow-up.

I requested to speak to a supervisor and was transferred. Upon speaking with a supervisor I was told The issue has to be sent to the research team and the refund had not been processed because the person may have been on leave. When I requested to speak to someone that had the authority to process an immediate refund, I was told there was no one and they would send a paper check. By the time I’d receive a paper check the next month’s payment would be due which is the duplicate payment I was trying to get refunded!!!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

They have been sent the payoff check in a month period. Have proof it has been received and acknowledged by Chase to Fedex. Reporting late to credit bureaus and they say oh we will correct that and backdate the payment but not deny the payment is received. Such a truth in lending (Sarcastic). Still no resolution. It’s a complete Nightmare! I see this is happening to a lot of people. They need to be sued!. They just keep saying oh it is a process and it takes 10 business days to acknowledge and release the title whereas keep calling and emailing about payment late on top of it. Supervisor over supervisor no resolution. Chase chases money and people and enjoys the ride.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I’ve sent them 2 payoff checks in a two month period. They’ve “lost” them both. Claiming I’m not sending them. Have proof I did and that they were received. Reported me late 60 days to credit bureau. Still no resolution. I’ve already made 2 payments on my new loan (refinanced). It’s a complete Nightmare!!! It’s starting to feel like a scam. What’s stopping them from repossessing my car?! I see this is happening to a lot of people. They need to be sued!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Worst Company ever. No one ever gives you the same info every time you call and rudest and dumbest people you will ever deal with. No one knows their job. Horrible company to work with. Don’t borrow from them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Chase Auto told my husband that we didn’t owe anything else when we asked them several times. We requested the buy out documents from Chase to give them the credit union to process our car loan to buy our lease. The credit union failed to process the loan on time and didn’t communicate with us. Chase claims they sent out a notice on August 4,2021 to us but we never received it but Chase Auto loan is blaming me for that. Anyways, I just received two separate letters both dated on August 19, 2021. One letter is stating basically that my account is past due and the other one stating that if not taken care of within 10 days from when the letter is dated, my car will be repossessed. I paid it today because it was just communicated today through these two letters. My credit score dropped 136 points as a result to Chase's lack of communication.

Chase always sends me a live bill and once they became aware that I was taking my loan business to the credit union, they suddenly decided not to send me a live bill for the first time in 3 years? Like they wanted to purposely watch me fail? They expected me to know to go online and check that I had a balance after they originally told me I wouldn’t owe them anything anymore but owed the credit union from now on. But yet I’m being held responsible even though I never got the first letter nor a live bill? I had perfect credit and so did my husband. But they ruined both.

Why would we in our right minds decide to mess up our credit scores on purpose? It was all done without our knowledge. Why would we be perfect on making payments to chase throughout the whole lease and purposely want our credit score to go from 800 something to 600 something? The answer is we wouldn’t. Please help. I have never been late making my auto payments and would have appreciated and expected a call from them out of respect since I have been a good customer. It was a lack of communication.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I probably called over 20 times to simply have my titles shipped quicker, every time I would get a different person and different answers to my questions. It’s obvious Chase has outsourced its customer service reps. They would tell something different EVERY TIME I CALLED, in the end my title was never shipped quicker and I WAS STILL CHARGED $94 for the faster shipping EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T SHIP IT OVERNIGHTED.. Unbelievable how such a large company can have such bad CS. I will never use Chase Auto ever again and will warn everyone I know about them. I am also planning on closing out all of my chase accounts and switching to another bank.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have contacted Chase everyday following a payoff through my title co. I sent this check well before due date along with odometer information as I followed payoff instructions. To date Chase has not received payment of the car in full. They have a tracer supposedly. One service rep told me they are "behind" in posting payments, meanwhile my regular monthly payment is late. This is not acceptable and very frustrating.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Really shady company. Only company I ever had that consistently bounced and returned our payments over and over. We pay everything through bill pay on our bank and no issue. With them they say incorrect account or routing number. Over phone somehow they take payment then we get letter in mail incorrect account or routing. It’s impossible. We have it written down, on a check in our phone. We are reading off the exact numbers & no issues with other bills. This company plays games. Even with their online site same issue. So we stopped bothering. We had to start paying solely through our bank's bill pay system. It’s the only way we got it to accept it.

We started OVER paying to get rid of them. Car payment was $330. We paid large payments of $400 -$600 every month. Somehow even though paying rent every month we only paid it off six months sooner. It was a 5 year loan. AND one month we apparently missed the due date by a few days and got a late payment and letter in mail.... So all those overpayments mean nothing. That makes no sense. We should have been more than caught up. We went ahead and paid it all off when we saw that. All of a sudden when we paid it off they deleted our account! I flipped the ** out! I called them. All I had was an acct number I found on a bill. They said they sent the title out. Now it’s been a few months! Where the ** is it!? This company sucks.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Recently purchased a new vehicle from Hyundai, traded in my Jeep Cherokee. The dealer mailed the check to Chase Bank next day air mail through FedEx. The check was delivered and signed for. 30 days later chase bank began calling me asking for my payment. It didn’t matter that I had proof they received the payoff check in the exact amount required. After a few calls I was really angry, chase actually put a 30 day late on my credit report to boot. Chase bank has been awful at every aspect of this loan. Run from chase!!

Chase author review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information