Chase Auto

Chase Auto

3.9/5 (792 ratings)

About Chase Auto

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Chase Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I purchased a vehicle from a dealer and used a small bank for credit purposes. I paid the vehicle off within a year which was significantly early. I received a clean Massachusetts title. I moved to Maine with my vehicle. I registered my vehicle in Maine. I received another clean title from Maine. Two years later I tried to sell my vehicle. I was buying a new vehicle. I was informed that chase bank in Pennsylvania had a lien on my vehicle. I tried to call Chase and was told " you are not our customer so we won't talk to you or do anything for you". After filing a complaint to the Pennsylvania banking commission they still failed to communicate with me. They were supposed to respond within 30 days to the commission. They did not respond.

I asked the Pennsylvania authority for an update. After I found a number for their corporate office I was finally able to talk to someone. They said they indeed had a lien on my vehicle and would look into it and respond promptly. After agreeing they had no interest in my vehicle they said it wasn't their fault and blamed it on an auction house in New Jersey that they used to sell it to the dealer I bought it from. The title search clearly indicated that Chase had a lien on it not the auction house.

After losing two sales and months of frustration and aggravation Chase released their fraudulent claim on the vehicle I owned outright for years. They said they understood my frustration but they were not liable for anything since they "voluntarily" released their false claim to my vehicle and sent me a letter stating this. I lost thousands of dollars and they did nothing to make it right. The level of unprofessionalism and disrespect from this bank is remarkable. Do not do business with this bank.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Chase financial was used to lease my 2019 Discovery auto. I paid the lease in full in August 2022 to own the car outright. As of, December 17 2022, I have yet to receive the title for my car from Chase. I have made calls weekly but to no avail.!! They claimed they made a mistake in the sales process and had to order another title from NJ Div of Motor Vehicles. In great frustration I contacted my local assembly person who was absolutely fantastic. She had a liaison in Motor Vehicles, who informed us that Chase only asked for a duplicate title after two months and never followed through to ask for expedited processing which dealers can do. Weekly calls to Chase were met with nothing but lie after lie and blamed NJ div of Motor Vehicles. Chase promised they would overnight my title once in came in. NJ Div of Motor Vehicles sent the title to them weeks ago and oh my they did not overnight it and is not sure where it is !!!

Chase has had $30,000.00 of my money and I have nothing! On top of this my registration on my car is outdated and I cannot drive my car so I have been renting a car for three weeks. Not to mention that in Aug 2022 I received quotes for my car for $31,.000.00. Four months later is is down to $26,000.00. I have faxed, called but Chase's respond "Sorry. We know how you feel." PLEASE RUN AND DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

We traded in our vehicle finance with Chase Auto. The dealership even got the title and even resold the vehicle. Now 7 months later chase is claiming we owe them more money. Sending me 10 letters in one day now calling everyone but us.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Do not use this company for a car loan. They will lie to you, they will cheat you and they will not honor their word in any way shape or form. Stay away from Chase Auto!!! A title company paid them off for me in July. They claim they never received the check. Twice they asked for copies of the check. I provided it for them. They told me they would take care of the situation. They never took care of it. Now they’ve messed up my credit and are wanting more money from me even now the title company sent them almost $30,000.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

We have a leased vehicle from Chase Auto from 3 years and it has been nightmare. They were so inefficient to create lease buyout paperwork that we ended up extending lease to prevent late fees and extra interests. Recently, I found that company paid none of the toll payments which directly goes to Chase finance department instead of coming to our address due to Chase being the primary owner. Since, I got to know about it have been actively following up with bank only to realize that we have paid only 1/10th of the total tolls and each of them had $25-$100 late fees because Chase Auto never paid them.

When I asked how it is even possible they send me more than 40 papers of video citations for toll violations and provided no record how many of them were paid and why were they not paid on time. This is first of us following up with them on status not other way around. Now I have 40 unpaid toll tickets with thousands of dollar on late fees with no record which of them were paid.

It is so challenging to get to talk to right POC. Each person I have talked to says they do not have the visibility and can not help except customer care. Customer care people says they have opened the work order (same message from last 1.5 month) and can not provide further details until I receive details they are trying to send to my address. Additionally I have 160+ letters from Chase Auto stating these toll citations with no clear understanding which of them are pending and where did my $1200+ payment go. Please see the original tolls add up to $246 only. If you have Chase auto lease please check your toll payments closely. I think they are trying to make money out of it and not paying them on time, while taking the late fees from the users. This is so shady and needs to be reported.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I sent payoff of a vehicle with odometer disclosure to Chase Auto Payoff department (received 18th) of August and is now the 8th of Sept and they still have not processed my payoff. First, they said they were short staffed but would get it done then they pretended they were missing the odometer disclosure which I had proof and signature of it being received so they said, "Sorry we do have that." Now they are saying my check may not be good when I also have a copy of that and can verify it is. They drop calls, bounce you around and straight out lie on the phone. Apparently, their customer support can only communicate with title department by message and title dept does not respond or talk direct with customers. Been in auto finance for over 20 years this is the worst bank I have dealt with. DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

IF/WHEN you are in search of a new car, run fast if they mention Chase Auto! Here is why - They received my first pay-off check on 7-16-22, lost it or just couldn't locate it. Had to place a stop payment AND informed them! Mailed a 2nd check that they signed for 8-2-22 at 9:33am. It is now 8-24-22, they have not only not posted my pay-off check, their bill collectors are calling & they have reported me as 30 days late to all 3 bureaus! Then they decide to post the first check (that they were aware had a stop payment on it) & had the nerve to call me & ask why the check was no good!! Seriously Chase, you have made it to the top of the WORST auto finance companies!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Paid my auto loan off early, gave instructions on how I wanted my title sent. Instead, Chase sent the title to the state, creating a separate nightmare in trying to get the title. How is it legal to give my clear title to an unauthorized third party?

Original review: July 13, 2022

Mailed final payment to address in Arizona from Las Vegas, NV on June 23, 2022. It is July 13, 2022 and the check is still not posted. I called Chase a few days ago to ask they received it and was told no. Customer Service said it takes around 10 days to post. 10 Days. I live in Las Vegas and Arizona is next door. It takes 5-6 day for package from PA to Las Vegas. I'm still waiting for check to be posted and see if they demand a few dollars more for interest.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Chase Auto Finance lost my title, since they mailed it to an address that does not have a mailbox. I have waited 5 weeks now they say my title was returned to them via US mail. I am at the point now my tag/registration is not valid. I asked for this title to be over night mailed to me. Chase said they have to see if they can do this. The phone rep. said I live in California which I do not. All calls always seem to go overseas. No one knows what they are doing at Chase Auto Finance. I still do not have my title. I cannot get plates or my registration renewed.

Chase author review by Emma Simon

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Chase Auto Company Information