Chase Auto

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have a Subaru leased through Chase Auto. I moved from RI to NC in early June of 2017 and have been trying to register my car here ever since. I reached out to Chase on June 30th requesting a copy of the title and limited Power of Attorney so I could go to the DMV and register the vehicle. They decided it was a good idea to send the original title to the NC DMV instead of sending a copy, and they didn't keep a copy on file for themselves.

Fast forward about a month and a half (the DMV had me jumping through multiple unnecessary hoops from early July through early August), and I needed to reach out to Chase for a simple tax form that needed to be faxed to the DMV. The form only required a box to be checked off, the tax ID number and a signature. I was told it was a special request form and would take two weeks. After a bit of back and forth, I was told they would request an expedite on the form... needless to say, it still took the full two weeks. When I finally followed up and was told the form was faxed (yes, I had to follow up, they did not notify me), I went to the DMV to find out that they had gone through some changes and lost the title, POA and my bill of sale.

On Thursday, August 17th, I had to reach back out to Chase to request another copy of the title. Because they were so careless and did not keep a copy of the title on file after sending the ORIGINAL through the mail to the DMV, they were not able to send a copy and told me that they needed to request a duplicate from Rhode Island. I spent some time on the phone with them and was told that they would put the request in immediately and would note that it needed to be done as soon as possible.

After 3 weeks of waiting and not hearing any updates (I figured I would give the process a bit of time), I decided to reach out to check on the status. I was told on September 9th that they received my request for a duplicate title and it was being reviewed. They also had the nerve to ask that I "kindly allow some time for the review process to be completed." After 3 weeks, they are telling me that it is still being reviewed and implied that I was being impatient for checking the status.

I began this whole ordeal back at the end of June. It is now almost mid September and there is still no resolution in sight for me. My RI registration expired quite some time ago due to Chase dragging their feet and being careless with me as a customer. I have been left without legal use of my car and no matter how many times I reach out to them for help, they continue to stall and not do anything to help correct a situation that they are at least half at fault for (the NC DMV being the other party to blame). Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for auto financing. I have leased two vehicles through Chase Auto and have had no issues up to this point, but this has completely pushed me over the edge and I will not be returning to them in the future.

Couple of weeks ago my car loan was paid off. Needless to say the payment still was taken out of my account. Since that time I have spoken to numerous people and they have all assured me that the money will be returned as the loan was paid off. First I was told that I would be sent a check, well that never happened. Second, I was told it would be put back into my account, then I was told that it would be 10 business days before it would be put back, well it's now 10 business days and no money. This was my money for paying bills, which I am now late on. I am to the point of hiring a lawyer to sue for my payment and the interest for them holding my money for over 2 weeks. This is certainly not right but I cannot get anyone to return my money. Definitely would not consider a auto loan with these crooks again.

Ok, so, I purchase a 2004 vehicle for roughly $3000 & get accepted for financing. Who would have thought that number one, the car is a lemon, I've been pouring money into it ever since I drove it off the lot. Worse yet, I end up sacrificing my right ARM and left leg to Chase in the form of roughly $9000 for a $3000 lemon!!! Chase's new CEO is in the news lambasting other people for their shoddy business practices. What about HIS company? People are being ripped off! Hey buddy, look in the mirror...

If I could give Chase 0 stars I would. I am leaving for the Peace Corps and need to sell my car. I paid 3000 dollars to get it paid early and at this time I changed my address. After two weeks, I never received the title. I called and they said they mailed it to my old address under my mother's name because she cosigned the loan. My mother never lived at this address and because of this my title got lost in the mail. They then said they would send me a lien release and I would receive it the following Wednesday. They told me to bring it to the DMV and they would give me the title. I checked the mail the next Wednesday and it was not in the mail. I called and they said it was sent out that day. I finally got the lien release and brought it to the DMV. The DMV told me that they don't print titles and that Chase lied to me. They told me I could expedite the paperwork or it would be 4 weeks to get the title.

It is going to cost me 95 dollars to pay for a lost title that I did not lose and 30 to expedite. Then I found out the Chase did not notarize the lien so the DMV could not expedite it. This is an issue because I have someone wanting to buy the car and I am leaving the county so it needs to be sold. The DMV told me to call Chase and ask them to fax the correct lien. She told me banks do this all the time and has received them from Chase. I called and they refused to fax it to me. The woman at the DMV talked to them and said this is common and didn't understand the issue. Finally, I talked to a very rude supervisor named Monica and she said it would be faxed to the DMV by 6:00. She also accused me of lying and saying that I changed my address after the title was mailed. That is not true. She said the date was July 19 when I changed the address.

That was the day I called to check on my lien and I did not change my address. She wanted to blame me and not apologize for their mistake. When I got home, I checked my email and found 2 emails on the day that I paid my account that I changed my address on June 28th. I had to call the DMV several times and they never faxed the lien. My mom called the supervisor at 4:15 and she did not answer. My mom left a message. We found out later Monica ignored the message and was still at work. I called Chase at 4:30 and talked to Pedro. He checked my account and said that it said it would be faxed at 6:00. I then called at 6:00 to confirm it being faxed. I was told that they could not confirm it, the department was closed and no one there could fax it.

I then talked to another supervisor Marot. He was nice but tried to make me feel bad when this was their mistake and had been lied to all day. I now have to call them at 6:30am to see if they faxed it. If I don't get the lien to the DMV by 8:00, I won't get the title this week and could lose a 10,000 dollar sale on my car. It is evident through these reviews that this is common. Chase clearly does not care about their customers. I never missed a payment and I paid it off early. I deserve better treatment than this. Chase should also pay me the money I have to spend to get my title. I shouldn't have to pay for a title that I didn't lose! The DMV told me this happens all the time with Chase. Please go somewhere else to get your loan!

We had a Subaru leased through Chase. Never missed a payment. Turned it into dealer at lease term and got a bill for $4500 from Chase for excess mileage (the car was under allowed mileage). It has been 4 months of us sending Chase the correct mileage documentation, making phone calls, and being frustrated. We have had multiple people tell us the problem is fixed and the large bill eliminated. But when we request the new statement sent to us in the mail (We need proof. Don't trust a thing they say) it is always the old INCORRECT balance. Chase needs an overhaul. Nothing gets done correctly or in a timely manner. I will NEVER use Chase for anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I would never use Chase auto finance again. I had my car for 3 years. Never had been late on a payment and had even been ahead on a payment sometimes. I got sick and need an emergency open heart surgery. I was going to be out of work for a little while. I had called to work out some things I can just see maybe if they can push some of my payments. To the end they will not even apologetic I'm even having to have surgery and they were not even willing to work with me. They automatically said "no we cannot" and then later repoed my car. I would never use Chase again.

After 3 years, and only one late payment (by a week), my most recent issue with Chase has come to a head. Drafting payments on autopay months after I turned the feature off and incurring hundreds $ in fees from my own bank because Chase ignored my settings and my request to change my due date which can be done for accounts in good standing. I'm not going to give a long synopsis, but let's just say, if it's not resolved in the next week, I'm filing a class action suit. Please comment here if you'd like to be included as there are thousands of bad reviews on this company and what they're doing is theft, plain and simple. I'm done playing games, spending hours on phone with over 15-20 reps, and the lies they tell. Over it.

Please never use Chase Auto Loan... I purchase a Chevrolet and got a loan with Chase Auto. My car is a 2016 Suburban... my cars was paid more than half. I went over some financial difficulties due to my child with cancer. Make story short... I make mistake of making deposit in wrong account to pay 2 months on my car. They got my car which I understand. But when I call them to pay what I was behind and I know will be some extra for repo fee... They said they won't finance the car anymore and ask me to go and get license plate and stuff out of my car. They said I'll only have 10 days to pay for my car. On July 5th will be sold to someone else. I must pay car in full. I use Chase Bank for a long time. I was under the impression that this bank will help the community not step on people. I don't know if I could do something else but hope people who read this won't use Chase Auto Finance.

Chase extracted two extra payments PAST the 36 that were owed them AND NOW will not issue a refund!!! 'The process takes time' I keep hearing - it's been two months past the close of the lease and no one seems to be able to make my money appear... All I get is a future date (a different one) each time I call AND I CALL REGULARLY... Such liars!!!

Auto Dealer put me in a Chase car loan. Told me there are no prepay penalties. Chase has a prepay limit of $9900 in the a physical bank location and $5000 limit if paying online. Obviously this is a penalty if you can't pay your loan the amount you want. Chase bank is HORRIBLE. I will never use Chase and suggest you reading this stay away from Chase.

Took out an auto loan and set up direct deposit right away. So I would have no hassle because I've experienced chase before. Once again I got burned right in the beginning before I could even realize it. They charged a late fee right in the beginning before they even sent out their first statement. So I call and was told it has to be done in the branch. Next time I go to the branch, I notify them of it and they spend the first 45min trying to sell me stuff I don't need and then proceed to tell me the fee was too long ago and they can't do anything about it. I just set up the online account a year later for accounting purposes, so that's how I found out about it. Never would have known from any of the statements. I would have never opened my auto loan with them if it wasn't what the dealership offered, for reasons like this.

Re-financed a car with them in August 2016 only to find out in March 2017 that the title was not transferred properly. Over 16 phone calls and several emails I still don't have resolution. Trying to get the title settled so we can sell the car. I have gone thru 2 supervisors and online contact and still have no idea when this will be settled. They are all trained to say the same thing, "Someone will contact you in 24 to 48 hours." They never do!! No one and I mean no one cares to settle the matter. They just want to get you off the phone. If it wasn't such a pain to change banks, I would move my business immediately. I actually resorted to begging for someone to contact me with still no result. This organization is the most poorly managed I have ever come across with no regard whatsoever for their customers.

I make usually regular payments for a long time. Sometimes, I paid more than the required amount. During last months, I could not make for some reasons (Mom's health), but, on 11th April, I called by phone and made the payment for 628 (because I found is 1628). The lady did not accept the cash and she had a hoarse voice and could not understand what she told me. Then the connection was out. She did not explain me the situation well. (Recorded all).

I have not got any prior notice to take the car away. This evening, I came out from my office to get some copies of journals from my car, I found there is not my car where I parked. I thought somebody stole my car. But, lately my neighbor told me it was towed. I immediately called to Auto Finance and asked about what was happened and what will be the consequences and what should I do. Then, I realized I never get a call or mail or text from them for a long time. No prior notice and it was towed early morning. I feel like they acted like a thief. And they were not sincere in the procedure. Never send me a reminder/notice.

1. I never got prior notice. 2. I tried to make a payment on 11th, the lady did not accept. She has a hoarse voice, I could not understand. She did not try to convince me well. 3. In fact, I plan to make a payment tonight after my office hour. (Maybe my instinct reminds me), but my car has towed early in the morning, I only knew in the evening.

So, I am very much willing to get a help for this kind of situation. I feel it is unfair. I asked for the supervisor and checked- he said it is fair. My phone is on DNC list. I also asked him for the supervisor or manager to explain what was happened to me. 1. No reminder/notice. 2. Not accepting my payment of 628 on 11th night and not explaining and convincing me to understand the current situation. Please let me have an information for the contact person to get help. I only need to pay 7000 as a remaining balance out of 34000 and I cannot let it go by their cheats and tricks. Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

I paid off my car with them. Their staff named DONELLA ** totally messed up my pink slip (car title) and the Bill of Sale and just sent the messed up documents to me without doubling checking. Now my clock is ticking that I need to pay the sale tax with DMV and the new registration. However, the pink slip and the bill of sale are all wrong. CHASE refused to fix it for me. I called them EVERY SINGLE DAY for a whole week. First of all, they lied about what they did and what they told me without a blink. And I told them I recorded every conversations with them. Then they started lying about they don't know the guy Lawrence that I talked to the day before. And then when I asked them to direct me to DONELLA ** who messed up my doc, they said her dept doesn't have phone line (another lie). And then they said they already sent me a revised doc and provided me a fake FedEx tracking number which never had any updates.

I called again, they said they didn't lie but FORGOT to put the documents in the FedEx envelope and mailed it to me after creating the tracking number. Then I asked them to just fax the docs to me immediately, they tried to dodge again but I cornered them. Finally, they said they HAVE NOT PREPARED the docs at all! All the lies, lies and lies! Now they are just bouncing me off again saying that they cannot reach DONELLA ** to fix my docs.

I will make this short because the same story has been told over and over: we signed up for checking draft and they confirmed this. Then, without our knowing, the payments did not go through. Then I started paying manually because I could not get them to give me adequate assistance. THERE WERE 16 LATE FEES, none of which I was aware of. There were some months with 2 LATE FEES! My auto should be paid off in a few months (60 month note), but now they have added interest on top of principal and late fees. DO NOT USE CHASE AUTO LOANS!!!

After reading all these reviews over the weekend I have to admit that I was petrified of what the outcome with Chase was going to be after they repoed our vehicle on a Thursday night (3/23/2017). We had to wait til Monday before Chase could tell us what we needed to pay in order to reinstate our loan and get our vehicle back. We called at 8 am on Monday the 27th of March, we reached a representative from Chase's redemption center and they informed us that we needed to pay 1421.19 to get our car back. We were 60 days behind on our payment of 424.00 plus 174.16, so they made us pay the past due plus current month's payment to be completely caught up.

We also had to pay $390.00 as a repo charge and when I got to the repo location we had to pay an additional 200.00 in storage fees to them. It went ok, they worked with us. But I felt that a clear explanation would be nice for people in the same situation and those that may want a more clearer explanation of the process. I can assure you we will not get behind on a payment again, but Chase was more than willing to help us get our vehicle back without problems.

Purchased a 2003 Red Dodge Neon from Chase Bank; paid them off in 2011, call them now for the 4th time to get a removal of lien letter. They mailed me 2 already but neither letter has their EIN number or Tax number on them so the Department of Motor Vehicles won't accept them. Called them last week to ask for another letter with the EIN number on it. They said "We will overnight it to you." It's Friday 3/24/17 and I still don't have the letter that they said they would overnight on 3/19/17. Called them today and they suggested that I break the law and type the number on a notarized letter myself. This time they will not give me an estimate on when I will get a correct release letter. I will now be contacting a lawyer.

One year ago, in early 2016 I purchased a 2012 Infinity G25 listed at a dealership in Sante Fe, NM which had a list price of $16,000. I have bad credit and 2 repossessions on my record and so getting an auto loan is nearly impossible. The dealership spammed 22 loan companies and all of the rejected me, except for Chase Auto Finance. Chase Auto Finance wanted $3,500 down, but I settled at $3,000 down after talking on the phone with them. The dealership wrote the contract and $3,000 was listed as being paid by me - but they didn't subtract my $3,000 down payment from the $16,000 sales price, nor was any explanation given of where it went, but I was desperate and so I signed the contract without question.

One year later which is today, I called Chase Auto Finance today and they see the $3,000 listed but have no explanation of where it went from looking at their contract and they told me to call the dealership. My hunch has always been that the $3,000 was just an extortion fee for them to push my subprime loan through. I don't know if that's legal or not to be doing. I'm a 100% disabled military veteran and they knew that. My total loan amount was $16,400 including the 2% automobile tax and the $160 vehicle registration fee.

On Feb 15 (payment date) I contacted Chase to inquire the exact amount I needed to pay to bring my account current and prevent repo. Mind you this was a recorded call. The rep gave me the dollar amount and I set up the payment for the 21st when my tax return was to be direct deposited into my account. I told him the only way it wouldn't go through was if the IRS was late. Lo and behold the new legislation caused a backlog of people's returns. Mine by 2 days (48) hours. When the money posted to my account I sent the payment immediately. They accepted and acknowledged it.

Last night they repossessed my car due to delinquent payments. I was assured that I would be current thru March 15th. When I spoke with Chase today the man even said he had to check a different system to look up to see if it showed up in that system! What 2 unconnected payment systems. What kind of banking is that. I have filed an official review and have demanded the call transcripts. However, I am still without transportation and suffer from Lupus which makes walking any distance, more than a block unbearable. Thanks Chase!

AVOID CHASE AT ALL COST. TRUST ME. I decided to purchase my vehicle after my lease had ended and upon doing so, I figured my bank was the best place to go. I originally looked at a loan provider that Chrysler Capital recommended, but they had unbelievably scary reviews so I chose to avoid them. Without hesitation I went to my local Chase Bank. I have been a Chase customer for over 15 years, great credit, never missed a payment, and let's just say I am a good customer for their bottom line. None of this matter to Chase! Run!

I got my loan for my vehicle and they told me that they would send all the documents in the mail. They gave me the option of paying my sales tax out of pocket or as a part of my loan, so I chose as part of my loan. Fast forward nearly 7 months and 6 paid payments later, still had not received title information or anything else to get my plates. I called and complained to uncaring call center folk a dozen times over this period and got nothing but the runaround. "I'll reach out to the lady with the title and have her call you", "I'll send this to our escalation team", etc, etc... I heard it all. I am not sure about the legality of driving my vehicle with the previous leased tags, but they didn't expire until the 6th month of this situation. I do traveling sales, so my car is my life.

It has been nearly 7 months and my situation is still not even resolved. I finally found a manager in Chase's auto department that explained to me that this happens more frequently than he'd like to admit. So do not just take my word for it. He got my title to me within 2 business days at which time I noticed that my title had been notarized by CHASE just 6 days after I started this loan. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! Chase employees lied to me for months telling me that Chrysler Capital had not sent the title to them yet. Then I would call Chrysler and ask them what was going on. It was all mind games and they had my title just sitting there for months.

However, the fun doesn't stop there. My tags expired because of the length this is taking, so I had to get non-renewable 45 day temporary tags that cost me $25 of my own money FOR CHASE'S MISTAKE! So, I take the title to the BMV (as instructed by Chase) and they said they cannot help me. "Go to the title agency." So I go to the title agency and they tell me that I have to pay the sales tax or they won't service my title. I told her that I financed the sales tax with my loan, at which point she told me that Chase should have sent me a check to present them.

I received no check. However, on top of that because it's been nearly 7 months since I signed for my loan... the sales tax has increased in my county. Meaning that the sales tax increased $112. Chase told me that they will not pay the difference even though this was their screw up. They told me to pay the difference out of pocket and bring the receipt back to Chase's Audit team to decide on whether I'll get a refund. Based on this companies dealings so far, I think I am going to be out of luck. It's not a money issue... it's a principle issue. I have spent SO much time away from my job making phone calls, standing in line at the BMV, Title Agency, and Chase. Time is money with a sales job. They have cost me a lot more than $137 (temp tags/change in tax).

So here I sit with 30 days left on my non-renewable temporary tags. Nothing has been resolved and I still do not have my plates. Apparently, I requested to finance my sales tax in my loan and literally 1 month after signing the loan, a PRI PAYMENT was made on my loan account in the exact total of my sales tax. No one from Chase can tell me what this PRI PAYMENT is and none of them have heard of it. They screwed up my loan, it is now back in the "REVIEW" process. I have been told to contact the attorney general office... an attorney... etc... and now I am 30 days from not having a vehicle and this even further affecting my job.

The moral of this story is AVOID CHASE when it comes to financing a loan of any kind. Remember I spoke with a manager that told me this happens more often than he'd like to admit. I do not waste my time writing reviews. I generally roll with the good and the bad and just keep trucking. However, I created this account just to write this review and hopefully prevent at least 1 person from experiencing what I am CURRENTLY going through. AVOID CHASE. You have been warned.

Also, I must mention that this is my first vehicle purchase. I normally lease all of my cars but with a 18 month old and 2nd baby on the way I decided to get rid of an expense. By the way, when I went into the Chase branch to see if they could have any influence on this, the woman was floored when I showed her the title. Apparently, I am not supposed to have the original title in my possession until AFTER I've paid the loan in full... who knew? Obviously not the Chase title department. I have a blank original title with no ownership listed. Even the Chase loan person was lost for words when she saw what they sent me and I'm only 6 months into my loan. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! Thank you for your time and God Bless!!

On Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 I was checking my car loan status with Chase after more than 3 years. I noticed that my next payment is due for July 19th, 2017! This means that any extra payments that they have been collecting is not being credited to the Principal of my loan. Instead, Chase has been depositing my extra payments to Account # ** belonging to Chase. As an example, on November 30th, 2016 this amount for my case was $2130. Chase is using my extra payments (and perhaps a million other customers') for its own interest by lending other people's money it at even higher rates to new customers. At the same time, Chase is charging me interest for the very same amount that I have already paid.

This is double dipping, neither moral nor ethical, it is downright in severe violation of Federal Laws and absolutely ILLEGAL. And, to make the situation even more illegal it is the triple dipping practice of Chase for the very same loan. Instead of being rewarded as a top rated customer for more than 31/2 years, Chase is using my excellent credit, evident from regularity of payments through online banking, to illegally collect even more interest for itself. This practice is beyond fraud as it comes close to a scam and several other violations. The Mazda Capital Services who has colluded with Chase for this loan keep informing me that the matter is under investigation! It appears that after close to three months of investigation they have not (or perhaps do not want) this matter solved. They prefer to use their power to send it to a black hole.

Chase sued my son and me even though I never had any contact or dealings with them. Whatever agreements they had were with my son. I wrote and informed them of this and they responded by saying they had no lawsuit against me. Despite this statement; I have a court notice to retrieve my car on 3 March. I paid 25,000. for this vehicle. I have written to the CEO Mr Dimon, but he did not respond. I sent them the necessary papers showing the car in my name, insurance and registration. Is there any branch of the military that might help me with this matter since I am the wife of a deceased vet? I don't have too much time before I will be without transportation to my medical appointments. This is the most horrendous experience I have ever had with a bank. These folk just ignore you and plain don't respond.

Only had my car for six months and for six months I paid my note. Working at a college some days they were closed and one pay period was short. My note is only $412 a month. I gave them 300 dollars and planned on paying that off the following note. They came and repoed my car for $112 dollars and wanted me to pay that and $440 dollars for them repoing my car!!!

I have had problems for the entirety of the 4 years when I financed my car with Chase. Payments mysteriously were returned, denied or went missing, despite my having spoken countless times to customer service and ensuring my banking information was correct. This last time resulted in the repossession of my car. For 3 months I had the payments on auto pay, and when the same issues arose with my account, Chase neglected to contact me. When I did call to ensure I was up to date, I was told my car was up for repossession. When I confirmed my banking information with them AGAIN, I contacted my bank, who informed me that Chase made no effort to collect a payment in that time frame. Still, Chase decided it was my fault and will not allow me to reinstate the loan. As a consequence I have now lost a lucrative job opportunity and may lose my current job as well.

I recently purchased a Subaru and elected financing through Subaru at Chase. The actual payment is around $450 and every month I pay $600, specifically checking the box requesting a principal reduction. First payment went off without a hitch. Second payment reduced the amount of the required payment rather than reducing the principal. Talked with someone at Chase and was advised that the overpayment would be applied to the principal as requested. Went on to make the next payment, noted in writing on the coupon to make sure that the overage was applied to the principal. Received a call today from Chase indicating that the payment was five days late although I had the verification of the check having been negotiated more than a week ago. Again the payment had been received but misapplied. Also the representative was trying to defend their error, and telling me to get my life in order. What a joke this is.

My husband had to have open heart surgery. We called prior to the surgery and made arrangements to cover the two to three months he would be off work. We were told we were covered. Then they called after the surgery and were told that we were not covered. Went through the process again. Few days later we get a letter to repo the vehicle. Because we cannot give them a specific date for disability to kick in or the exact date he will be able to go back to work, they will not work with us. These people need a reality check. They talked to my husband and sent his blood pressure so high that I thought an ambulance was going to be needed. Seriously. Would not recommend these group to my worst enemy. What a joke of a company.

Latricia ** at Chase, yes "Chase Redemption Team" 1 888-895-1728 has been giving me the runaround, my credit union is ready to cut the check for the amount owe on my vehicle (10,925) after it's been repo due to making half payments, paperwork could have been completed TODAY but Chase (today alone I called them like crazy) won't release pictures of my CAR to the credit union, so CHASE WANT A CHECK BUT WON'T SEND PICTURES TO THE OTHER BANK WHO HAS APPROVED THEIR CLIENT! Storage fees are going up everyday.

My mother talked with her lawyer and he even said," Something fishy is going on" with Chase Auto Financial end, because this doesn't sound RIGHT! THEY KEEP SAYING, "THOSE PICTURES CAN'T BE RELEASE," to the other bank! On a vehicle I drove for almost two years! Chase, so your Redemption Team have the right to hold pictures from another purchasing bank that needs to see the collateral that they are REFINANCING before sending full payment?

I fell 37 days behind on my payments and they closed my on-line account. On December 13th I called the 800-388-4223 number to make a payment. I attempted for over 45 minutes to make a payment. However, they demanded (3) payments and late fees to bring me current through January 5th. I was very clear, "I'm calling to make 1 payment and bring my account from 37 days late to 7 days late! Since you are refusing to take my payment please notify me in writing!" That lady ghost transferred me. I called back and the next lady was even worse. As I write this I'm not sure they ever did take my payment as it's not showing up on my bank statements. Staggeringly incompetent and rude! The worst I've ever dealt with.

Chase Auto Finance wrongfully repossessed our car. We have four accounts with Chase - two auto loans (Mazda) and two credit cards. All are paid from one bank account. Since the beginning, they have had issues with recurring payments. Sometimes they'd double charge me. Other times, I'd receive a "thank you for your payment" email only to then see on an account page that the account was past due. We have NEVER received correspondence from them about an account delinquency, but their claim is that we are 95 days delinquent on one car payment. Meanwhile, our account showed that we were up to date, and we have bank statements from Bank of America showing money being transferred to Chase. Our other accounts are all up to date and also reflect that online.

We got home from a weekend away to find our car gone. We called the police - we figured it had clearly been stolen. My husband had the idea that we should call Chase, which I did immediately after calling the police. Yup, they'd repossessed our car. Our online statement at that point was still saying paid/up to date and we had received no phone call, email, contact through Chase Online, or mail regarding this account. I should mention that we HAVE received calls/emails/mail regarding other Chase accounts, so it's not that they don't have our correct information. We were in no way notified that not only were we "delinquent", but that our car would be repossessed. There was no notification even after it happened.

Chase will NOT accept bank statements as proof that we have paid. They say "every other customer who has an issue can get a different document that shows a check was cashed." Um, we didn't pay by check - we paid through CHASE'S own online system. The best part? When I called to find out if they had taken our car (from my landline) I was using my cell phone to look up our online account, which showed we were up to date on payments. Midway through the call, we were locked out of our account. I had to conference in my husband the following day so that they could "unlock" our account - only to have them tell us that our account showed that we had NEVER paid for ANYTHING.

I have been dealing primarily with Natalia and she has at least been courteous. But it's now been 9 days since our car has been repossessed and there is no resolution. I've tried calling her for the last 4 days but she has not been in. Every other representative has been rude, condescending, and absolutely, unfathomably unknowledgeable and unhelpful. I have requested to speak to a supervisor no fewer than five times and have received no callback, ever.

My proposed resolution on day one was to pay whatever they "thought" we owed (even though this would clearly be a double payment) so that our account showed as up to date and we could get our car back while the company investigated what they did wrong on their end. They refused, and said if we wanted the car back we had to pay all the repossession fees and BUY THE CAR OUTRIGHT. I'm sorry, but we are two individuals working in nonprofits and don't have an extra $20k lying around for that purpose.

As of today this issue is not resolved. I have told everyone I know not to use Chase and have actually already had five friends cancel credit cards through Chase. After this is resolved we will be working with Mazda to see if we can get out of our leases so as not to work with Chase any longer. And if I have the wherewithal after the significant stress this has caused me, I'll be pursuing legal action against Chase. Whatever you do, do NOT finance your car through Chase, get a credit card through them, or use them in any way, shape, or form. Tell your friends. This is the worst company imaginable and their business practices are shady at best and illegal at worst.

I leased a Subaru for 3 years and then decided to buy the car outright. I sent Chase a check for the payoff amount as well as all requested paperwork, and then waited for my title. A week later I saw that the check had cleared, but the title never showed up. I called Chase, and they informed me that there was a problem with the Odometer statement - apparently someone checked a box stating that I exceeded the leased mileage. I only drove the car 6,000 miles and the lease was for 30,000, so clearly this was a mistake. Note that no one ever called me about this; I only found out once I called them.

I've been informed that they will not release the title until this is cleared up. I asked them to prove that the overage box was checked. They refused. I asked them to email me another form. Nope, they won't do that either (but they will fax it, in 2016. Seriously?). They told me to write a letter to them, and I wrote what they told me verbatim. I faxed the letter from work, only for them to tell me they can't accept it. Remember, they told me what to write. So here we are, 2 weeks later. They have my money, and they will not release my title. I've requested supervisor callbacks, only to never have my phone calls returned. Do not ever, ever deal with Chase. In fact, I'm calling Amazon now to tell them my experience and cancel my Amazon card since it is through Chase bank. This company is awful.

Compare Auto Loans