Chase Auto
1.11/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Chase Auto

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

475 Chase Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

CHASE auto loan approved but when I received orders to report to overseas Stuttgart Germany and needed to ship vehicle CHASE failed to provide an authorization letter to the POV shipping point in a timely manner. I spent over 2 days and over 16 hrs on the phone and speaking to over 16 representatives who spoke of 5 day process that involved research department, lawyer reviews, notarization of documents just to name a few of the lengthy undefined procedures that were mentioned. Nobody at CHASE understood where to begin.

Late in the afternoon on the 2nd day the status was it is in the system not sure when it will be reviewed or by who. Wouldn't advise anyone to do business with this bank as it has terrible customer service. Not one of the employees understood or knew how to explain to the customer what would happen. Same answer from all employees wait 5 days to find out. It was clear that the CHASE customer service reps did not know what the process was. So it was a discovery for each employee. No one was confident that they knew what to do.

This was very disappointing and caused me and probably CHASE hundreds of dollars of wasted resources and lost time. Other banks 4 that I have dealt with this rest was satisfied within 15 minutes. NOT 5 DAYS. CHASE you are not that special. Without the customer you are nobody. Again I would warn against doing business with a bank who really made no effort to help. Everyone at CHASE talks about processes that have poor outcomes for their clients.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

After 3 & 1/2 years of within grace period payments, and 1 prior request of loan extension, Chase refuses my small business a payment extension. I am curious to know why bother having a department for this reason, when there seems to be no reason you'd ever be granted one. Due to weather, we are a couple weeks behind. Do I know when the weather will clear? No. Does a person who loses their job know when they'll get a new one? No. Does a sick person know when they'll get better? No. Does someone who's a caregiver, taking time off work to care for a dying family member know when that family member will die to return to work? No. So why bother acting like they will help you out once in a while, it's all just for show & they're wasting their money on this pointless department.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My wife passed away and I had to have her car transferred into my name. Went to the DMV and found out the car still had a lien on it. Wife paid off car early, so I contacted Chase Bank. Well it's true. The loan was paid off 14 years ago, had to wait 2 weeks to have the lien release sent, with the lien release in hand I again went to the DMV only to find out the release was not valid, because they are no longer called Chase Manhattan, back home to call customer service and go through the who process again, and was told that we should have requested that the lien be released. I always thought when you paid the bank the balance of the loan they automatically release the lien. Will never do business with Chase again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had leased a car through Chase Auto with zero problem. Decided to keep the car and had to refinance the loan and decided to go through them. BIG MISTAKE! I was asked to send them a check for over $700 to cover title changes, ok - no problem. Then a couple of weeks later, I get a package with a check made out to my DMV in the amount that I has sent. Ok, seems kind of redundant as I could have just made it out myself when I was at registry. Registry would not accept the check as it was not in full amount needed. Notified Chase and was asked to fax DMV receipt, the check and a letter of explanation. Did that the next day.

Going on almost 4 weeks and numerous phone calls and still have not received reimbursement. Was told to shred check (I didn't). Told the case was being rushed and taken care of, it wasn't. Plain and simple Chase has not reimbursed me the check as of this review, I was told several different things on phone calls and passed from one department and person to another. Can't wait to refinance somewhere else AND close and cut up my card with them. Horrible Horrible customer service and satisfaction.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Never lease a car with Chase Auto, your payment will go up and they will charge you whatever tax rate they want to charge. They will not listen to you. They will not let you talk to a manager. The dealership even tried to call them and help us. They would not let them talk to a manager either. Had to trade the car off to get out from having to pay way over the payment that we agreed to when we purchased the car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a Subaru in end of 2014 and have been paying it off regularly. I was late on a few payments and paid them. My car is 18000. Paid off with 16000 left for a compact hybrid modest car. On Monday night my car was taken from my driveway. I thought it was stolen. No warning or threat of this happening ever came from Chase AUTO LOAN. I pay ALL my payments online in their secure transfer from CHASE BANK. When I called my bank, they reviewed my payments and agreed, something is off. For late payments (not in excess of approx. 100 days) this car should not have been repossessed or left at the redemption (what a way to describe thieves) center.

The redemption center, equipped with people who are "shady" to put it kindly, demands full payment of the remainder of my loan within 10 days and said they're selling it at auction and will serve me with a bill for whatever is remaining on the loan or I'll be put in jail. This is going to turn into an eyewitness news scam alert. I called Subaru as well, sent a confidential representative into Chase Car Loan and it remains a "red flag" on them. Chase Car Loan is going out of business, and is not supposed to repossess a car without notification and a demand for whatever payment (maybe a month's late payment? I pay my car loan). Not this.

This is deceitful and illegal. They have got to be exposed and I want my car returned. A lawsuit seems to be the next step because Chase Car Loan has put me on hold, transferred my calls then hung up and is making sure they send the message that they are guilty. Like I said, my entire dilemma is under investigation by Chase Banking as I type. This experience is not going by unnoticed and I won't be scammed for 16000 from a bank of their choice which will just become another scam. Subaru as well has them flagged.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Contacted Chase because I had surgery & missed several weeks of work, so I asked to defer a payment. I have had my vehicle for over a year & payments have never been late. Chase refused to defer the payment just because they can, I wouldn't advise anyone to finance a vehicle through Chase because they suck. I plan to refinance my vehicle & stay away from Chase forever. Thanks Chase for nothing!!!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I've been with Chase for over 4 years, always paid on time, not once late or deferred. Paid off my car loan early on June 4th. It is now 3 weeks later and still getting the run around from customer service. I have spoken to 8 different people, 2 whom "claim" to be supervisors and have gotten a different story from each on to why my title has not been released. Seriously, 8 different stories. The latest is that the dealership had given the DMV the wrong address for Chase.

When I asked how long this was now going to take, she answered me this.."well I'm not going to give you a timeline because since we are not working on your schedule, I don't want this to happen again." (This) being me calling and wondering why the ** title has not been released yet. Each time I call the answer was, "no later than 48 hours." So each 48 hours I have called trying to find out why it hadn't been released. Still waiting... I should have read all these reviews before I took the loan. Live and learn. I will never use Chase for anything ever again. I hope this helps someone make the same decision. @chasebank @chaseautoloan @chaseautofinance

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

Finally a positive statement to offer about my Chase auto loan experience. It is attributed to an OUTSTANDING employee (Deardra) that researched the discrepancies between my check payments and their "past due notices." She began at the beginning of my payment history and traced the problem to a variety of factors, all originating from Chase. She was thorough, professional and PROMPT! Two days of my time were spent on the phone w/ numerous "specialists" and she resolved the issue w/ genuine concern and expertise. This employee should be promoted to the research department!

Original review: June 15, 2018

3 years of paying (ON TIME) monthly car payments w/ no issues. This year, Chase auto loan service has issued "late payments" warnings to me when payments were actually made on a timely basis through Edward Jones Financial Services (my investment account). They claim "lost" checks, and when 2 ENTIRE days were spent on the phone or near the phone waiting for a call from Chase "escalation specialists", still no resolution to the problem, CREATED BY THEM. The COMMUNICATIONS between departments at that HUGE corporation is ABSENT. The latest "escalation specialist" told me "the processing department does not communicate with the research department and they do not speak w/ customers..." Therefore any simple info. to solve the problem (i.e. check #s etc. is out of the question).

I tried to go to the source w/ check numbers etc to get the problem resolved. Maybe the "all over the map" locations for their services is the problem or computer hacking? Checks are sent to Ft. Worth, Texas, the Subaru Chase Auto loans are in Phoenix, Az, and the "specialists on the phone" are in Florida!!! Communication Problem, go figure??? I am a retired elementary teacher and this B.S is so obvious... I have NEVER missed any bill payment in all my 62 years. DO NOT use Chase as your auto loan resource!!! Totally incompetent and customer service is an illusion. All the "recordings" of your phone interactions obviously have no EFFECT on the ETHICS of their "bottom line" which is INDEED AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

In 2014 I leased a Mazda vehicle and the dealership tied me to Chase Auto financing. On recently attempting to buy my lease, I had my bank organize a loan and the paperwork, which they promptly acted on. Chase was called to confirm if a sales tax was required and they confirmed it was not. The loan went through a few weeks ago but today I hear back from my bank after they visited the DMV and were told a sales tax of 6.25% is required. I had to get that amount cleared by today to avoid incurring penalties! I double checked with my bank and confirmed that Chase declared zero sales tax when asked before. I cannot believe how incompetent and lacking in professional courtesy Chase has been here. I'm never going through any dealings with them in future. My auto dealership will also be hearing from me...

Original review: June 1, 2018

Beware - when paying off a title, they will send you a "lien release" letter that you must take to the DMV and pay for a duplicate title. This is suppose to already be done by the bank when the lien is release. They are pocketing money. Such a shame. Do not expect to get reimbursed for a duplicate either. They will send request after request and eventually if you keep calling, they will tell you no. Horrible customer service!

Original review: May 11, 2018

My experience with Chase Auto Finance was fine until I was ready to pay off the account. I spent a combined 3.5 hours on the phone, talking to approximately 7 different representatives and 4 different supervisors. Each person told me different information (amount of time for a title release after pay off of my vehicle, whether or not phone conversations could be listened to, etc), and I was transferred quickly to different departments.

I was told I would receive calls back from Portia in Customer Service and Jamie in Collections on Wednesday by the latest (it is Friday and no phone call), and in all, I would say I talked to 1 person that felt like she was dedicated to my experience. I don't feel like I was listened to, which is probably the most frustrating. I will never again do business with Chase, and I am shocked that Subaru continues their relationship after reading all the other complaints. It sounds like I am one of many that have endured the painful customer (un)service that Chase Auto Finance has.

Original review: May 10, 2018

In 2014, I acquired a loan through Mazda and they sent it to Chase Auto Services. I did not miss any payments and decided to pay off the loan. I did my due diligence, I went online and got the payoff amount (which was a little more than the notified balance due to the daily interest rate) and I sent it to them. They ended up sending the payment back to my bank and did not notify me – but the kicker is they sent me the title. Well I, acting in good faith, spoke to my bank to acquire a loan because I no longer had all the funds to pay them off.

After receiving a 15-day payoff letter from Chase, my bank sent them the check to pay off my loan with them. Guess what, 3 weeks later, Chase takes money out of my account in the amount of my monthly payment. I was informed by the customer service agent that they never received the check from my bank; yet it is showing online that it was credited to my account less than a week after I signed the loan papers. Now, they created a ticket and I have to wait 21 days for them to get back to me. Meanwhile, my loan is still accruing daily interest, which she says they will reimburse me for plus my automatic payment – we’ll see. I have lost faith in Chase. Matter of fact, I’m closing my Chase credit cards too.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I've leased 3 vehicles now through Chase Auto Finance because unfortunately that is the company Subaru uses. For my second lease, I went over with my mileage some and owed extra when I turned my vehicle in (June 2016). It wasn't a big deal because I knew it was going to happen. In fact, I was able to work out a deal with the dealership where the car payments for my 3rd vehicle were higher per month and the dealership wrote me a check to send to chase once the full amount of the excess mileage was figured out.

About a month later (July 2016), I contacted Chase to see if they had figured out the excess amount owed. They informed me the account was not officially closed yet but should be within the next 30-60 days. They will send me a letter with what I owed. In September 2016, I still hadn't received anything so I called and followed up with Chase again. Chase still hadn't closed the account and told me to wait another 30 days. I continuously followed up in October 2016, November 2016 and then beginning of December 2016. I still received nothing.

At the end of December 2016, I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my Chase Auto account was overdue! I immediately called Chase to figured out why I was sent to a collection agency. The service representative informed me that she could not give me any information because I was sent through a collection agency and I need to contact them. I contacted the collection agency and asked what was going on. They informed me that they didn't have any background information and that I needed to contact Chase Auto Finance for that.

After numerous phone calls back and forth between the collection agency and Chase Auto Finance, I still wasn't informed why I never received an initial closure letter from Chase to begin with. No one seemed to have any information. I kept all of this documentation and contacted the Better Business Bureau to see if they could help me get in touch with Chase Auto Finance to figure things out. They contacted Chase Auto Finance several times but couldn't get any information either.

The reason for my review now is that Chase Auto Finance "officially" closed my account almost 2 years later and marked it as "collection". When checking my monthly credit score, I noticed a significant 50-60 point drop on all my scores because the account was marked in a negative way. I've had 15 years now of different payments (student loans, mortgage, credit cards, etc.) and had never once not paid on time or been sent to a collection agency. Now I have this "bad mark" because Chase Auto Finance couldn't do their job or communicate anything to me properly. After my current lease is up, I'm debating on going with a different car. As much as I have loved my Subarus, I don't want to deal with Chase Auto Finance again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I financed my vehicle with Chase in 2015 and lived in Connecticut. I now live in Mississippi as of January 2017. Chase did not forward title documents to Mississippi when I registered my vehicle but I did not find out until March 2018 after requesting information from Mississippi for a month. So from March until May 2018, Chase has continuously said they are trying to get a duplicate title, but does not call back or do anything to alleviate the problem. They sent a FedEx request to the state of Connecticut.

I refinanced in Mississippi over the phone last year, Mar 2017. Chase did not respond to Mississippi and did not do anything until I started calling and has provided no proof that they are doing anything now. They expect me to drive my vehicle unregistered which is a violation of state laws. Way to go Chase! I can't refinance with another company because of the no proof of title. I have to keep paying Chase for my credit, but they have no title. What am I supposed to do as a consumer?

Original review: April 16, 2018

You can make your payments through Chase in one of two ways: you can either pay online or you can pay on the phone automated service. If you make your payment online with Chase, it must be submitted before 8 p.m. Pacific time. That is literally 6 pm in my time zone. I have never in my life heard of such a silly deadline time. If you make your payment over the phone, be sure you don't make any mistakes with your payment information. You will get a confirmation number no matter what.

However, I have been looking at my account after making my payment on the 6th of April and realized that it still hasn't gone through. Because some information I put in was incorrect or it was a fault of the automated system. So now, my car payment is going to be shown late on my credit report and I'm being charged extra interest. The only reason I use the automated system was because it was after 8 Pacific time so I couldn't make it on the Chase website. They really need to rethink the way they are accepting payments. This is my first car buying experience and I am a fan of Chase, as I have a credit card with them, but this is just silly.

Original review: March 30, 2018

It takes a lot to get me angry, but negligent and lazy customer service reps do it every time. I have durable statutory power of attorney for all of my elderly mother's financial matters-- ALL. She's currently hospitalized, and it just so happens that she has an auto lease that is due soon. I called Chase Auto this morning and had the misfortune of speaking with Manuel ID#**. I gave him the landscape of the situation, had to repeat several times that I had the POA that I could send immediately to prove my legal authority to discuss her account, but he kept parroting back to me that I wasn't on the account so he couldn't speak with me. Again, I reiterated that I could immediately send the documents to show that I have LEGAL broad sweeping authority to handle this matter. Again, he parroted back to me that I wasn't on the account. Right.

I requested to be transferred to a supervisor-- he put me on a long hold-- then came back and let me know that he spoke to his 'colleague' and that person said they couldn't help me. Seriously? I confirmed, yet again, that we were being recorded, and that he was refusing to send me to some sort of an escalation team member or manager who could receive the information and help me expedite resolving the car matter for my ailing mother. Seriously, Chase? I've never heard of such an absurd policy, and I question the legality of the entire thing. Clearly you guys are a large corporation, so individuals may not matter all that much, but you can be assured that I will ensure that my family never banks with you, my small business will never bank with you, and I will tell everyone in my social sphere about this.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We have an auto loan with Chase, and thank goodness it is the only thing we have with them because their customer service on the phone and online (via secured messaging) is absolutely THE WORST! Terrible service to their clients in regards to account maintenance requests, etc. Lack of communication and follow up as well makes this company one that will not last. I could not get my issue escalated in time to any manager's attention. I will be refinancing my auto loan with another bank ASAP so that I can have nothing to do with them.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought a truck in Oct of 2017 and financed with JP Morgan Chase. It has been nothing but torture since then! My husband and I made our payments through their automated phone system each month and each month, I received a call from the collection dept stating they had not received the payment. We went through the entire process of giving the confirmation numbers, which of course they couldn't locate, and verifying we made the payments. In January, I received a call 8 o'clock at night from a nasty woman stating my vehicle was due to be repossessed d/t non-payments. That very next morning, after yelling at my husband all night, we went to our bank to find out we had actually sent the payments, but they had been returned to our account. (Not sure how that happened).

We called Chase from our bank and had the loan officer assisting us attempt to make the entire amount due, but they would not accept payment over the phone via check or debit. After the loan officer advised them there were no local Chase branches in our area, they "reluctantly" took the payment. February went ok, but now March has arrived and guess what??? Same issues. They call me to state my payment is past due and want me to pay over the phone. I get a contact number to call back and call my bank to make sure the payment has not been debited from my account, it hasn’t. I call the automated number to make the payment and it states "unable to accept payment d/t pending payment today". WTH???

Our payment we made on March 3rd is still pending as of today, March 11th!!! I call to speak to an agent who proceeds to tell me they cannot accept a payment over the phone and I will have to go to a branch. There are no branches in my area lady!!! Too many insufficient check returns is their reason for not accepting payment by phone...go to my bank and get a printout since Oct. NONE, ZERO, ZILTCH!!! Nothing returned from JP Morgan Chase Auto Finance!!! I start yelling at them, and yes, a little cussing...sorry, not sorry! I advise them to not call me and ask for a payment over the phone if they won’t accept a payment from me over the phone. They want a certified money order or mail in a check. I am now attempting to set it up through my bank in the automatic bill pay instead for through Chase. Hope it works!

I honestly, down to my absolute core, think this company tries to make it so difficult for people to make payments just so they can charge them late fees!!! It is absolutely ludicrous the way this company works!!! Please, Please, Please if you can finance through anyone other than this company, I am telling to run like hell!!! They are horrible!!! I tried to file a complaint with the BBB, but I can't leave a complaint on Chase!!! Now I have to try to repair my credit that has been ruined since January! I had collection on my credit with Verizon Wireless that I REFUSE to pay d/t another cellular company was to pay them off...another story. But anywho, that's why I ended up with Chase and it was one of the absolute worse mistakes of my life! IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE STARS, I WOULD.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have never seen a company such as this. I have been trying to pay my car off. I have never been late every and at the end I have to four time put payments on the end. Since then they have been lying to me. I talk to eight reps and each one told me something different. They give me what I owed and each time they would call me and tell me what I promised. I am on disable and get a check once a month. I only owed them 1500 more dollar and was paying them 500 each month. Little did I know that the interest rate would go sky high and they never told the same story even when in three days I paid them 900 then two days later 220. Then I find out about late fees and the money went to two different departments so the money I paid never was coming down.

Then they shut down my account so I had to call them then later reopened it only to find out they jacked up what I owed by 43 more added dollars and said until I paid it off I would owe them 29 for the next nine days but saw on my account 1.67 per day. As long as I live I will never trust Chase bank again... when people say stay away from Chase that is a true. Thought they even told me to go to a church and ask for the money or look up a company that helps people like me what was next stand on the corner? Some were mean and only out of 8 reps 2 was ok but still is not tell me the same thing. Stay away from Chase. They have no heart at all. And they don't care about you or your health or nothing.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Bought a car through Chase Auto Loan, you can't make a payment except through bank draft. No credit cards. No debit cards. They only want to be able to auto draft your account. It's 2018. They are the only ones that's like that and you have to have it set up through your bank account. You can't even go online to make payments. Then when you're a little late even one day they are calling from different numbers harassing you. Harassing your family. I cannot wait to pull the money out of my 401k to pay it off so I'll never have to deal with this company again. The car dealership never asked us who we wanted to go with. We would have never chose Chase. They came to us after the deal was already made for us to sign the papers!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I refinanced my car with Chase in January 2017. My car was totalled on 9-21-17 and I am STILL WAITING for Chase to provide the insurance company with my title and accept payoff. Unbelievable to me that they would not secure the title immediately at the onset of the loan. More unbelievable is that after learning that the title was not secured in November they STILL HAVE NOT DONE SO. WOW. Car was deemed a total loss on 10-31-17. Chase has known since November and still no results. REALLY CHASE? I have not had a car in 4 months and am having to pay my regular car payment without the benefit of said car because of Chase and their incompetence. THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME A LATE FEE. WHAT?

Chase, you are a year overdue in getting my title. And you want to charge me a late fee? Service is horrible. Employees promise to follow up and I never hear another word from them. I have talked to countless people and asked to speak with management. They are conveniently never available, in meetings, etc. and never call me later either. Those employees who have dealt with my account should be ashamed of themselves. You have caused major havoc in my life as I am recovering from a car accident. You have not done your jobs.

You have not accepted responsibility. You have not made it right. You have barely acknowledged there is a problem. You have made this experience a nightmare. When will this be resolved? How many car payments must I make on a car sitting in a salvage yard? I live in the DFW metroplex where a car is an absolute necessity. I'm paying for one, but I can't drive it. I can't even get another car with this loan still open. Come on Chase, get off your butts and do your jobs. Somebody should be fired. Fed up with this situation and they don't care attitudes. May you all have the joy of experiencing what you have put me through. Jerks.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have been banking with Chase for many years and do lots of business with them. I have never had a problem and had always considered them a great bank, never had a problem. I have a checking account with them and a car loan. I have excellent credit (always pay my bills like clockwork and have never been late), and have an excellent credit score of 798. My son wanted to buy a truck and I was going to cosign for him as I wanted him to build his credit. My son is 18 and has no credit cards and zero credit history, no credit in his name whatsoever. After applying for the used car loan, Chase came back with an APR of 18.5% for the car loan! Seriously??? I could have put the car on my personal credit card and would have had a better rate than that!!! I talked to an underwriter with Chase and they said, "Ok, we'll give you our best rate possible of 9.99%." Again, seriously??? What kind of suckers do they think people are anyway?

I decided to take my son off the loan completely with Chase auto finance and apply just by myself figuring I could get a way better interest rate than that. Chase called me after I applied and asked why I decided to apply again but this time on my own. I was honest and told them I wanted a better interest rate. People you are not going to believe this, but my loan was denied completely! I applied online with LendingTree.com and had many offers for great interest rate loans. I was able to secure a loan for my son's used truck at 4%. Thank you Lending Tree and LightStream!

My personal opinion, Chase doesn't want to secure a low interest rate loan because it's not worth their time, money, or effort. Well, I will never attempt to apply for a loan through Chase again. I like banking with them well enough, like the fact that they have ATMs all over the country so I can avoid fees when possible. However, that's where our relationship will stay. Very unfortunate to see a business treat a long time customer like this.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

DON’T DO IT!!! Similar to another experience here I returned my Subaru car 1.5 months before the lease was up. The dealership said it was A-OK, and I paid all of the payments for the time until it was due. Then one month later Chase sends me a letter that I owe $1,000 for returning the car early! Had I known I never would have done it, and $1,000 is ridiculously excessive. When I contacted the company they couldn't even provide a breakdown of the cost. Worst of all, they filed the cost with a debt collector just weeks after the bill went out. I'm about to pull in a lawyer and can't believe how much time I've had to spend on this. There needs to be better protection for consumers against this nonsense!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I made my car payments on time for 4 years while employed and even continued making payments for 6 months after losing my job, but I fell 3 months behind after having medical bills that my new "affordable" insurance would not cover. So Chase repoed my car on a Thursday even though I had made a payment the prior Monday which brought my account to 1.5 months past due. I called them immediately to find out what I needed to do to get the car back. They are supposed to provide a reinstatement amount in 24 hours, but I had to call them repeatedly - several times a day for 6 DAYS - before someone could provide me with the reinstatement amount.

By that time, they had added an additional month payment, a $750 repo fee and $140 in late charges for a total of $1900 which they needed paid in 12 days. It took me 3 weeks to pay them the money. Since the repo agent had turned in my tags and cancelled my registration, after paying them I called DMV to find out what I needed to do to reregister the car. DMV told me that I needed a letter from a Chase giving me permission to reregister the car. I called a Chase rep who told they had never provided such a letter and have many clients in NY that all I needed to do was to go to DMV to reregister the car -suggested that I speak with a supervisor.

So I take the morning off of my new job to stand outside in the cold for 30 mins on a line that had formed down the block before the doors had even opened. Everything goes smoothly but once they check the ownership, DMV told me - and yes I spoke with a supervisor- that there is no way I can reregister the car because Chase has changed the title already, They said, "Chase SHOULD know that they changed the title and SHOULD be well aware that I can't register the vehicle." So again I need a letter giving me permission to register the car in my name again and they need to change the title over. I call Chase and again they seem to be completely clueless as if they've never had to do this in NY. They finally agree to draft the letter but have no idea when they can provide it to me.

As for changing the title, oh "that takes weeks". I've called to find out when I can at least get the letter but the person who writes the letters - just like the person who calculates the reinstatement amount - is never at his/her desk. In the meantime, I'm still being charged a daily storage fee from the repo agent. The icing on the cake was the last rep I spoke with before asking for her supervisor who told me "It takes weeks to change the title, this is why we requested that you pay by the date we gave you". OK. 1) It took you just a few days to change the title so why will it take WEEKS to change it back? 2) I'm glad that Chase pays you so well but for most of us it takes more than a few days to come up with $2000.

Maybe if you hadn't taken 6 days just to calculate that amount, I would have have it in time. Who knew you'd be adding close to $1000 in repo fees and late charges. Storage fees still accumulating... Will have to take more time off to go back to DMV. I was so tempted to let them auction the car and now I wish they had.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought a new car 10-2-17 financed through Chase Bank as I have an account there. The following week I went into my branch Chase Bank (on E. Beltline Rd. Richardson TX) to set up auto payments, I did the paperwork to have payments drafted out of my account on the first day of the month. Knowing I set things up I didn't check my account to see if the Nov 1st payment was drafted. I received a call over the Thanksgiving weekend stating I was in default as I hadn't made my November Payment. I went back to my branch. No one could tell me what happened. I made the now late payment, so they had me fill out the auto draft paperwork again. Dec 1 no payment drafted. I went back to the branch, again no one could explain why my account was drafted. They had me do auto draft paperwork again now for the 3rd time.

On Dec 2 I received a letter from Chase Stating my auto draft payment would start 12-15-17. I went back to my branch and they could not explain the mix up. I called the 800 #; they connected me with the auto loan dept. Sean in the auto loan dept stated it was set up for the 15th of the month and it would not be changed. He would not explain why it was not done in accordance with my 3 times written instructions. BUT IT WOULD NOT BE CHANGED! Rotten service, rotten customer service. I can't believe they won't fix their mistake to get their payment 2 weeks earlier than they want it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have been leasing my Mazda for almost a year. I was on disability and then laid off from my job 7 months ago. This is one ruthless and harassing company. Only a week late and they seem to call every hour starting at 8 am. This goes on every month. I even received a repossession letter only being 30 days late. But they always get their money. I am seriously thinking about changing my phone number. Stay away from Mazda Chase.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Just called Chase to get a payoff on my loan. The good news is I was not on hold for the usual 20-30 minutes. The bad news is the voicemail said they were busy, "Please call back in a couple of hours." I was immediately disconnected. That is, without a doubt, the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I'm not really surprised. I had a business loan with them before and their service was terrible. I swore I would never do business with them again but this was a Subaru car loan that I did not know was Chase until it was too late.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I leased a Mazda through Chase Auto Finance. Chase took $100.00 of a $400.00 monthly payment for fees and interest. When I went to buyout the lease I found out that I owed $4,000.00 more than the car is worth. Stay away from Chase.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have been struggling financially and got a little behind on my payment. I had called Chase and explained I was on UC due to a job loss however this did not stop them from calling me every two hours from different phone numbers starting at 8 am and ending around 8:30 pm. When I did make a payment they were very rude and asked me why I was late with it and in general were extremely condescending. I would never finance anything through them again due to harassment and rudeness of their staff.

Not sure about Chase Auto?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Chase expert review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

• Best for: Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information

Chase
    270 Park Ave
    New York
    NY
    www.chase.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business