Chase Auto

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

One year ago, in early 2016 I purchased a 2012 Infinity G25 listed at a dealership in Sante Fe, NM which had a list price of $16,000. I have bad credit and 2 repossessions on my record and so getting an auto loan is nearly impossible. The dealership spammed 22 loan companies and all of the rejected me, except for Chase Auto Finance. Chase Auto Finance wanted $3,500 down, but I settled at $3,000 down after talking on the phone with them. The dealership wrote the contract and $3,000 was listed as being paid by me - but they didn't subtract my $3,000 down payment from the $16,000 sales price, nor was any explanation given of where it went, but I was desperate and so I signed the contract without question.

One year later which is today, I called Chase Auto Finance today and they see the $3,000 listed but have no explanation of where it went from looking at their contract and they told me to call the dealership. My hunch has always been that the $3,000 was just an extortion fee for them to push my subprime loan through. I don't know if that's legal or not to be doing. I'm a 100% disabled military veteran and they knew that. My total loan amount was $16,400 including the 2% automobile tax and the $160 vehicle registration fee.

On Feb 15 (payment date) I contacted Chase to inquire the exact amount I needed to pay to bring my account current and prevent repo. Mind you this was a recorded call. The rep gave me the dollar amount and I set up the payment for the 21st when my tax return was to be direct deposited into my account. I told him the only way it wouldn't go through was if the IRS was late. Lo and behold the new legislation caused a backlog of people's returns. Mine by 2 days (48) hours. When the money posted to my account I sent the payment immediately. They accepted and acknowledged it.

Last night they repossessed my car due to delinquent payments. I was assured that I would be current thru March 15th. When I spoke with Chase today the man even said he had to check a different system to look up to see if it showed up in that system! What 2 unconnected payment systems. What kind of banking is that. I have filed an official review and have demanded the call transcripts. However, I am still without transportation and suffer from Lupus which makes walking any distance, more than a block unbearable. Thanks Chase!

AVOID CHASE AT ALL COST. TRUST ME. I decided to purchase my vehicle after my lease had ended and upon doing so, I figured my bank was the best place to go. I originally looked at a loan provider that Chrysler Capital recommended, but they had unbelievably scary reviews so I chose to avoid them. Without hesitation I went to my local Chase Bank. I have been a Chase customer for over 15 years, great credit, never missed a payment, and let's just say I am a good customer for their bottom line. None of this matter to Chase! Run!

I got my loan for my vehicle and they told me that they would send all the documents in the mail. They gave me the option of paying my sales tax out of pocket or as a part of my loan, so I chose as part of my loan. Fast forward nearly 7 months and 6 paid payments later, still had not received title information or anything else to get my plates. I called and complained to uncaring call center folk a dozen times over this period and got nothing but the runaround. "I'll reach out to the lady with the title and have her call you", "I'll send this to our escalation team", etc, etc... I heard it all. I am not sure about the legality of driving my vehicle with the previous leased tags, but they didn't expire until the 6th month of this situation. I do traveling sales, so my car is my life.

It has been nearly 7 months and my situation is still not even resolved. I finally found a manager in Chase's auto department that explained to me that this happens more frequently than he'd like to admit. So do not just take my word for it. He got my title to me within 2 business days at which time I noticed that my title had been notarized by CHASE just 6 days after I started this loan. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! Chase employees lied to me for months telling me that Chrysler Capital had not sent the title to them yet. Then I would call Chrysler and ask them what was going on. It was all mind games and they had my title just sitting there for months.

However, the fun doesn't stop there. My tags expired because of the length this is taking, so I had to get non-renewable 45 day temporary tags that cost me $25 of my own money FOR CHASE'S MISTAKE! So, I take the title to the BMV (as instructed by Chase) and they said they cannot help me. "Go to the title agency." So I go to the title agency and they tell me that I have to pay the sales tax or they won't service my title. I told her that I financed the sales tax with my loan, at which point she told me that Chase should have sent me a check to present them.

I received no check. However, on top of that because it's been nearly 7 months since I signed for my loan... the sales tax has increased in my county. Meaning that the sales tax increased $112. Chase told me that they will not pay the difference even though this was their screw up. They told me to pay the difference out of pocket and bring the receipt back to Chase's Audit team to decide on whether I'll get a refund. Based on this companies dealings so far, I think I am going to be out of luck. It's not a money issue... it's a principle issue. I have spent SO much time away from my job making phone calls, standing in line at the BMV, Title Agency, and Chase. Time is money with a sales job. They have cost me a lot more than $137 (temp tags/change in tax).

So here I sit with 30 days left on my non-renewable temporary tags. Nothing has been resolved and I still do not have my plates. Apparently, I requested to finance my sales tax in my loan and literally 1 month after signing the loan, a PRI PAYMENT was made on my loan account in the exact total of my sales tax. No one from Chase can tell me what this PRI PAYMENT is and none of them have heard of it. They screwed up my loan, it is now back in the "REVIEW" process. I have been told to contact the attorney general office... an attorney... etc... and now I am 30 days from not having a vehicle and this even further affecting my job.

The moral of this story is AVOID CHASE when it comes to financing a loan of any kind. Remember I spoke with a manager that told me this happens more often than he'd like to admit. I do not waste my time writing reviews. I generally roll with the good and the bad and just keep trucking. However, I created this account just to write this review and hopefully prevent at least 1 person from experiencing what I am CURRENTLY going through. AVOID CHASE. You have been warned.

Also, I must mention that this is my first vehicle purchase. I normally lease all of my cars but with a 18 month old and 2nd baby on the way I decided to get rid of an expense. By the way, when I went into the Chase branch to see if they could have any influence on this, the woman was floored when I showed her the title. Apparently, I am not supposed to have the original title in my possession until AFTER I've paid the loan in full... who knew? Obviously not the Chase title department. I have a blank original title with no ownership listed. Even the Chase loan person was lost for words when she saw what they sent me and I'm only 6 months into my loan. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! Thank you for your time and God Bless!!

On Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 I was checking my car loan status with Chase after more than 3 years. I noticed that my next payment is due for July 19th, 2017! This means that any extra payments that they have been collecting is not being credited to the Principal of my loan. Instead, Chase has been depositing my extra payments to Account # ** belonging to Chase. As an example, on November 30th, 2016 this amount for my case was $2130. Chase is using my extra payments (and perhaps a million other customers') for its own interest by lending other people's money it at even higher rates to new customers. At the same time, Chase is charging me interest for the very same amount that I have already paid.

This is double dipping, neither moral nor ethical, it is downright in severe violation of Federal Laws and absolutely ILLEGAL. And, to make the situation even more illegal it is the triple dipping practice of Chase for the very same loan. Instead of being rewarded as a top rated customer for more than 31/2 years, Chase is using my excellent credit, evident from regularity of payments through online banking, to illegally collect even more interest for itself. This practice is beyond fraud as it comes close to a scam and several other violations. The Mazda Capital Services who has colluded with Chase for this loan keep informing me that the matter is under investigation! It appears that after close to three months of investigation they have not (or perhaps do not want) this matter solved. They prefer to use their power to send it to a black hole.

Chase sued my son and me even though I never had any contact or dealings with them. Whatever agreements they had were with my son. I wrote and informed them of this and they responded by saying they had no lawsuit against me. Despite this statement; I have a court notice to retrieve my car on 3 March. I paid 25,000. for this vehicle. I have written to the CEO Mr Dimon, but he did not respond. I sent them the necessary papers showing the car in my name, insurance and registration. Is there any branch of the military that might help me with this matter since I am the wife of a deceased vet? I don't have too much time before I will be without transportation to my medical appointments. This is the most horrendous experience I have ever had with a bank. These folk just ignore you and plain don't respond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Only had my car for six months and for six months I paid my note. Working at a college some days they were closed and one pay period was short. My note is only $412 a month. I gave them 300 dollars and planned on paying that off the following note. They came and repoed my car for $112 dollars and wanted me to pay that and $440 dollars for them repoing my car!!!

I have had problems for the entirety of the 4 years when I financed my car with Chase. Payments mysteriously were returned, denied or went missing, despite my having spoken countless times to customer service and ensuring my banking information was correct. This last time resulted in the repossession of my car. For 3 months I had the payments on auto pay, and when the same issues arose with my account, Chase neglected to contact me. When I did call to ensure I was up to date, I was told my car was up for repossession. When I confirmed my banking information with them AGAIN, I contacted my bank, who informed me that Chase made no effort to collect a payment in that time frame. Still, Chase decided it was my fault and will not allow me to reinstate the loan. As a consequence I have now lost a lucrative job opportunity and may lose my current job as well.

I recently purchased a Subaru and elected financing through Subaru at Chase. The actual payment is around $450 and every month I pay $600, specifically checking the box requesting a principal reduction. First payment went off without a hitch. Second payment reduced the amount of the required payment rather than reducing the principal. Talked with someone at Chase and was advised that the overpayment would be applied to the principal as requested. Went on to make the next payment, noted in writing on the coupon to make sure that the overage was applied to the principal. Received a call today from Chase indicating that the payment was five days late although I had the verification of the check having been negotiated more than a week ago. Again the payment had been received but misapplied. Also the representative was trying to defend their error, and telling me to get my life in order. What a joke this is.

My husband had to have open heart surgery. We called prior to the surgery and made arrangements to cover the two to three months he would be off work. We were told we were covered. Then they called after the surgery and were told that we were not covered. Went through the process again. Few days later we get a letter to repo the vehicle. Because we cannot give them a specific date for disability to kick in or the exact date he will be able to go back to work, they will not work with us. These people need a reality check. They talked to my husband and sent his blood pressure so high that I thought an ambulance was going to be needed. Seriously. Would not recommend these group to my worst enemy. What a joke of a company.

Latricia ** at Chase, yes "Chase Redemption Team" 1 888-895-1728 has been giving me the runaround, my credit union is ready to cut the check for the amount owe on my vehicle (10,925) after it's been repo due to making half payments, paperwork could have been completed TODAY but Chase (today alone I called them like crazy) won't release pictures of my CAR to the credit union, so CHASE WANT A CHECK BUT WON'T SEND PICTURES TO THE OTHER BANK WHO HAS APPROVED THEIR CLIENT! Storage fees are going up everyday.

My mother talked with her lawyer and he even said," Something fishy is going on" with Chase Auto Financial end, because this doesn't sound RIGHT! THEY KEEP SAYING, "THOSE PICTURES CAN'T BE RELEASE," to the other bank! On a vehicle I drove for almost two years! Chase, so your Redemption Team have the right to hold pictures from another purchasing bank that needs to see the collateral that they are REFINANCING before sending full payment?

I fell 37 days behind on my payments and they closed my on-line account. On December 13th I called the 800-388-4223 number to make a payment. I attempted for over 45 minutes to make a payment. However, they demanded (3) payments and late fees to bring me current through January 5th. I was very clear, "I'm calling to make 1 payment and bring my account from 37 days late to 7 days late! Since you are refusing to take my payment please notify me in writing!" That lady ghost transferred me. I called back and the next lady was even worse. As I write this I'm not sure they ever did take my payment as it's not showing up on my bank statements. Staggeringly incompetent and rude! The worst I've ever dealt with.

Chase Auto Finance wrongfully repossessed our car. We have four accounts with Chase - two auto loans (Mazda) and two credit cards. All are paid from one bank account. Since the beginning, they have had issues with recurring payments. Sometimes they'd double charge me. Other times, I'd receive a "thank you for your payment" email only to then see on an account page that the account was past due. We have NEVER received correspondence from them about an account delinquency, but their claim is that we are 95 days delinquent on one car payment. Meanwhile, our account showed that we were up to date, and we have bank statements from Bank of America showing money being transferred to Chase. Our other accounts are all up to date and also reflect that online.

We got home from a weekend away to find our car gone. We called the police - we figured it had clearly been stolen. My husband had the idea that we should call Chase, which I did immediately after calling the police. Yup, they'd repossessed our car. Our online statement at that point was still saying paid/up to date and we had received no phone call, email, contact through Chase Online, or mail regarding this account. I should mention that we HAVE received calls/emails/mail regarding other Chase accounts, so it's not that they don't have our correct information. We were in no way notified that not only were we "delinquent", but that our car would be repossessed. There was no notification even after it happened.

Chase will NOT accept bank statements as proof that we have paid. They say "every other customer who has an issue can get a different document that shows a check was cashed." Um, we didn't pay by check - we paid through CHASE'S own online system. The best part? When I called to find out if they had taken our car (from my landline) I was using my cell phone to look up our online account, which showed we were up to date on payments. Midway through the call, we were locked out of our account. I had to conference in my husband the following day so that they could "unlock" our account - only to have them tell us that our account showed that we had NEVER paid for ANYTHING.

I have been dealing primarily with Natalia and she has at least been courteous. But it's now been 9 days since our car has been repossessed and there is no resolution. I've tried calling her for the last 4 days but she has not been in. Every other representative has been rude, condescending, and absolutely, unfathomably unknowledgeable and unhelpful. I have requested to speak to a supervisor no fewer than five times and have received no callback, ever.

My proposed resolution on day one was to pay whatever they "thought" we owed (even though this would clearly be a double payment) so that our account showed as up to date and we could get our car back while the company investigated what they did wrong on their end. They refused, and said if we wanted the car back we had to pay all the repossession fees and BUY THE CAR OUTRIGHT. I'm sorry, but we are two individuals working in nonprofits and don't have an extra $20k lying around for that purpose.

As of today this issue is not resolved. I have told everyone I know not to use Chase and have actually already had five friends cancel credit cards through Chase. After this is resolved we will be working with Mazda to see if we can get out of our leases so as not to work with Chase any longer. And if I have the wherewithal after the significant stress this has caused me, I'll be pursuing legal action against Chase. Whatever you do, do NOT finance your car through Chase, get a credit card through them, or use them in any way, shape, or form. Tell your friends. This is the worst company imaginable and their business practices are shady at best and illegal at worst.

I leased a Subaru for 3 years and then decided to buy the car outright. I sent Chase a check for the payoff amount as well as all requested paperwork, and then waited for my title. A week later I saw that the check had cleared, but the title never showed up. I called Chase, and they informed me that there was a problem with the Odometer statement - apparently someone checked a box stating that I exceeded the leased mileage. I only drove the car 6,000 miles and the lease was for 30,000, so clearly this was a mistake. Note that no one ever called me about this; I only found out once I called them.

I've been informed that they will not release the title until this is cleared up. I asked them to prove that the overage box was checked. They refused. I asked them to email me another form. Nope, they won't do that either (but they will fax it, in 2016. Seriously?). They told me to write a letter to them, and I wrote what they told me verbatim. I faxed the letter from work, only for them to tell me they can't accept it. Remember, they told me what to write. So here we are, 2 weeks later. They have my money, and they will not release my title. I've requested supervisor callbacks, only to never have my phone calls returned. Do not ever, ever deal with Chase. In fact, I'm calling Amazon now to tell them my experience and cancel my Amazon card since it is through Chase bank. This company is awful.

I have never had a company treat me so rudely. They have no emails. Would not give me a buyout or lease extension number for our fleet until they have every account up to date. Ok, understand that, so will you send the quotes so I can process the paperwork for the buyouts or lease? "No we do not have email and can receive them or send them." How will I get a quote? "Call us." (and spend another hour on the phone being transferred around). I say we have them get all of the vehicle and we use another leasing company and get other vehicles so we do not have to deal with Chase Bank, JP Morgan and Chase Finance. Lost a lot of customers. Listen up executives.

Chase auto took $871.97 for my first payment. Trouble is, my car payment was only $571.97. They were able to take the money in ten seconds, but returning it is something that they refuse to do. It has been an entire week, and I have no money. My account is overdrawn, and it is directly because of Chase. I'm not upset that that error occurred. Mistakes happen. I am upset because I still do not have the money back and they are completely unwilling to expedite the situation. Imagine the financial hardship you would be in if the entire balance of your bank account was taken, and you had other financial obligations that hadn't gone through. Imagine now that you could not buy food or gas, and now you were late on your phone bill because of this. Now imagine that the person or persons responsible just shrugged their shoulders instead of getting on the ball and correcting the issue. I am furious. Do NOT do business with Chase Auto Financing.

I've never had to deal with Chase Auto's customer service reps until my last payment on my car and it was a horrible experience. I mailed in my final car payment via check. Since I was enrolled in Chase's automatic monthly payments, I called to make sure that was cancelled since the car was now paid off. I was still charged my monthly payment! I was bounced around to various representatives for about an hour and none of them seemed to understand my problem. They kept saying on their side, they could only see the check I sent in but that I wasn't charged aside from that. I literally had my bank statement in front of me telling them I was charged twice in a month for my final car payment.

I left the conversation on a conference call with two representatives who were talking in circles. I'm not even sure if the problem is resolved. All I wanted to do was make sure I was getting reimbursed for that monthly charge that should not have been withdrawn and to cancel my automatic monthly payments from here on out. I have no idea why that was so difficult. One representative had a huge attitude the entire time. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she ignored my request. When I asked to get an email confirmation regarding them closing my account/automatic payments, they said they can't do that. It really seems like they need to get more training in customer service and to be more knowledgeable in assisting clients. Fingers crossed I get reimbursed.

On August 16 I tried to pay a past due payment along with my current bill to bring my account current. First I spoke Ebony (z203915) who gave me great instructions on how to cap back to pay my bill. Once I called back the 40+ minute conversation was a disaster. I began with a woman BJ (**) who took the card info, not asking the name on the card or if the address was the same as on the account. After is given the info skew then realized, after two failed attempts, my account was "locked". This caused her to put me on hold for over 10 minutes while apparently getting a David (**) on the phone.

These two people consistently got my name wrong along with another on my account. The customer service was the worst I've ever encountered and they still couldn't take the payment close to an hour on the phone. As of today August 17th, I spoke to a terrific customer service rep, who's name I didn't get, get number is (**) and only took 5 monies to complete my transaction. I hope my recorded conversation from yesterday can be reviewed in order to help train others and retrain the two I spoke to on customer service.

I've contact Chase Jaguar Financial Group Military Service section for over a month in reference to needing a letter to have the Air Force place my vehicle in storage since I am being reassigned to Japan and the Air Force contractor requires a letter from the lien holder on their letterhead stating that the vehicle is not in process of repossession and that they are aware that the vehicle is being stored. I've explained this to not one, but 3 representatives when I phone Chase and each have lied and said that the letter would be mailed out the following day. It has been a month and I am due to fly out of the country in a week from today and I still have not receive this letter even after speaking with the last representative on 5 days ago and explaining to him that I had to have the letter by today which is Friday for my appointment to store the vehicle is on Monday and I had to drive 6 hours to the appointment.

He flat out lied and said that he was typing the letter and even went so far as to as me questions as if he was asking for information to place in the letter and he stated that the letter would be "rushed out" that day. Well, it is 5 days later and I have not received the letter and when I phone today I spoke with a female who looked in my "file" and she did not see that the letter I required was accomplished but there were instructions in my file on the process on how to request such letter. So why after speaking with 3 different representatives previously they all lied that the letter would be sent out immediately if they had no intentions on sending a simple letter stating what is required by the storage facility contractor. Either they are lazy as hell or the company has a policy of lying to its customers.

Either way, I will not do business ever again with Chase and I am going to inform the Base Legal Office so they can inform other military members to stay away from Chase Bank. I am taking my vehicle to the storage facility on Monday and I will be calling Chase from there and someone is going to fax me a letter or I will be filing a lawsuit against this company. Their customer service is horrible and if this is how they treat military members who are on orders to be reassigned, I can imagine how they treat other customers. My stress level has been elevate to the extreme in the past week because of this company and their sorry representatives.

I live in WA and bought a car for my daughter in TX back in Oct. 2014. The car is in my name. Didn't realize I never received a title until my daughter moved to WA and I went to change the registration. Started the process in March 2016, of course there were some papers I had to sign for TX before they'd issue anything. The TX paperwork was completed by the end of May. Every 30 days I have to contact Chase to get them off the dime and they say it's on the way. I Signed and returned the last set of documents 06/09/16 and haven't heard back. Contacted them this morning (6 weeks later) and they said, "wait until Aug 4 for processing and then it would take 10 - 20 days for mail processing." I have had enough!!! I'm stuck - can't sell the car; can't refi car without the title.

Four months after buying my car I still don't have a title. They first forgot to send in the title registration to the DMV. Then they sent in the form without signing it (which was of course rejected). Third time around they sent it without attaching the bill of sale. Customer service is horrible - they don't care! Every time I've called, I'm transferred to at least four different departments. Often, I'm given a patently false answer. They are the worst - PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!

They denied my auto application to refinance my car. I have over an 800 fico, a checking, savings and 2 credit cards with them! How can you deny me?!!! I am dropping Chase after being a long time customer and taking my business elsewhere! How dare you run a hard credit inquiry only to deny me!

We financed a vehicle through Chase Auto over a year ago and have been threatened with repossession 3 times for money that we don't owe. Every few months an extra charge of just over $100 shows up and all of the sudden Chase says they are coming for our car. We call and ask where the charge came from and no one knows EVERY SINGLE TIME. It goes to review, the "review people" have no idea what the extra charge is for. They send us a statement for us to review showing all of our on time charges then just as soon as we are threatened with repo they leave us alone again and say we don't owe the mystery fee. Then a few months later we go through the same thing.

I'm so sick of having to call and have the person on the phone argue with me that they don't care that I'm looking at my bank statements that say we paid Chase Auto with a payment option through THEIR website because they don't see it on their system. Sometimes I just want to give them the car and be done with them.

I turned in a 2011 leased Jaguar to be replaced by a 2015 Jaguar as I have done for the past twenty years and I paid $600 for some minor damage to one door. Jaguar found no other damage and the car had fewer than 11,000 miles than contracted for. It was in excellent condition. A few months later, I got a bogus inspection report from Chase Auto Finance listing about $1,500 of damage to the car. The inspection report was either fraudulent or they inspected the wrong car. Chase has been harassing me to pay for this non-existent damage.

Chase bank has got to be the worst bank around. I purchased a car loan over the weekend and called to get bank information for the car loan account itself, every customer service rep has something different to say and a different excuse of why they don't have their paperwork done yet. They are very unprofessional and rude. In my opinion they are lazy as well. It has been almost a week and they still have not yet completed my paperwork? Then while asking about the interest they basically told me "oh well" I'm still going to gain interest while I wait for them to process the paper. They recommended I call back sometime next week.

When I was approved for my car loan it took an entire week to get the process completed due to poor customer service. I had to fax over information which I did promptly. I was told that someone was going to call me when the information was received. Nobody called me and when I called them later that day another person told me that they weren't doing any outbound calls because they were too busy. Nearly every time I called, the wait time was 30 min - 1 hr long! The dealership also had to fax over information which they did promptly.

When I called a couple hours later they told me it was not received, but I called again another hour later and it had been received. Due to it being just after 5pm, the DMV was closed and they couldn't move forward with the process. They are very incompetent and you have to do their job for them (calling them multiple times instead of them following up with you). I have been a customer even before it was Chase Bank (since I was a Washington Mutual customer) and they didn't treat me as a valued customer. If you can get a decent interest rate for an auto loan elsewhere then I recommend avoiding Chase Auto finance!

What year is it when you have no option to make an electronic payment to your account and have it post the same day. I can open an app on my phone and send my friend money and it shows up in his account instantly and I can do this for free. But for SOME REASON a huge company like CHASE can't allow me to make a payment and have it post to my account instantly. My electric company can do this but not CHASE BANK. Interestingly enough, your interest will accrue while you are waiting for your payment to post. SO RUDE, I can't wait to end my business with them.

I had been late on my account, due to a flood at my home. I account my account had been paid on time up until that point. When I started having difficulty make payment on-time I contact Chase. I was told that they could not give me an extension for leased financing. Ok cool... weeks later I explain the another rep my problem and he said that "you need to have your husband call in and we will be able to help to due the flood." Had my husband call. Grant you I made a payment on 01/19/2016 and the next every next day they were calling for another payment. On Jan 26, I called them to set up my payment for Feb. 6, 2016... what do you think payment set up.. Today I get an alert about a pending transaction for my payment.

I called Chase to advise them of the issue.. and tell them I authorized payment for 2/6/2016 not 01/26/2016. "What happen?" The rep said "I don't see a pending payment for 02/06/2016." I said "of course not because the rep entered the wrong date." She said "Oh I'm sorry there is nothing we can do.." I said "Don't you all record all calls...then listen to call please." She said "no the account was behind and the payment brought current to date." So you all can do whatever a rep wants just add on random dates. I'm so upset about this. My account is going to overdrawn.

I always make my payment at least a day early online. This month, I went to make my payment at 5 AM on the 17th, as the payment was due on the 18th, and it would not let me select the 17th or the 18th. I have never had this problem before. I went ahead and made the payment for the 19th because I did not want to be late, and immediately contacted them about the issue on the 17th. I received a reply that did not address my concern at all on the 18th, did not show any "care" to me as a customer, even though over the past 3 years I have always paid early. All I got was a statement to the effect that the 18th was a banking holiday so I was late. Their site at the time I made the payment had that you could make a payment the same day as long as it was prior to 5 PM. It is clear they could care less about keeping good customers! I have learned my lesson to never use Chase Bank again!

I personally recommend using another lender to finance your car. They don't care about you as a consumer. They repossessed my car & told me that I had to pay back the entire loan to get it back. How ridiculous, insane, & criminal. They are legalized loan sharks who should be forced out of business. Companies like this will crumble to the ground eventually. It is just a matter of time.

We recently refinanced our Dodge Truck with Chase. I have gone on their website 3 times to setup an automatic payment. I am an accountant so working with computer programs is a normal thing. Chase's website has some serious functionality problems. I could tell that my first attempt at setting up an automatic payment didn't go thru when the payment didn't hit our bank account. So I went back on their website and set it up again. I did do the bank verification process that their website requires.

I called them when the second payment did not take. Their online payment/technical person walked me thru the steps. Everything seemed to look good on my end, the online/technical person stated that things were good and that there would be no more problems with the payments occurring automatically. Chase's credit department called today, 1/7/16 to tell us that we are 2 months past due. So the payments are still not occurring. We made one months payment and plan to come up with the 2nd months payment. But, we were informed that Chase will probably be reporting a negative report on our credit. I don't post this because their website is not functioning properly, I am posting this because they will unjustly report us to the credit bureaus. Will never use them again for anything.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.
  • Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.
  • Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.
  • Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.
  • Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.
  • Best for Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

Compare Auto Loans