2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Chase Auto

Chase Auto
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Chase Auto has not paid any 2019 property taxes in my state on their leases. I can not get my car registered. I have been dealing with this for 2 months. I will never never do business with them again!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2020

Auto pay setup on my account. They are charging me $25 every month because I set up the wrong auto draft date. I called for 3 months during COVID and finally got the right person to direct me. But she was still RUDE. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2020

After waiting on the phone for over an hour, a representative by the name of Lucy answered sounding unprofessional by her tone as if she was bothered by my questions. Maybe she should not be working for CUSTOMER SERVICE if she does not know proper etiquette.

Original review: March 10, 2020

They were very helpful in getting my car loan and very fast to let us know if we're approved or not. They were also very sensitive to our needs when we got our car loan and are very flexible on payments.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Terrible service financing my lease. They failed to file tax paperwork exempting vehicle from property tax as a personal vehicle. Each of last three years I received a bill from Chase Finance for property taxes assessed. Each time took months to resolve. They lost the original paperwork, luckily I have a copy. I like the cars, having purchased three Foresters. Never again. I will not do business with Subaru or Chase due to their incompetence or possibly fraudulent practices. After feeling with these three consecutive years, I suspect Chase does this hoping people will pay without questioning the appropriateness of the bill.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I currently have an auto loan with Chase. Initial loan was something like 30,000 for six years. I have made all payments on time and have 1 full p[payment left and 1 partial. Fallen on some rough financial times so I called to see if I can get my last payment differed a month. Well apparently I didn't use the right terms and my request was denied. I spoke to the Supervisor next to try and plead my case but to no avail. THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. I owe 700 on a 30000 loans been faithfully making all payments on time and they couldnt help me out when I needed it. Please to all who read this NEVER EVER deal with Chase or give them your business.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

As a small business owner, I have a lot on my plate. I forgot to pay my loan for 2 months, and literally 62 days later, my car was repossessed. Chase was waiting for me before the 2 month legal period when they can repossess as these things take time since they have to go through the local authorities. Repossession of cars give Chase another 1k-3k in their pockets so like overdraft fees, they prefer their customers to miss payments. I will never use chase again, and as a small business owner that is growing, I will continue to tell everyone my story and hope they also do not go with chase.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I’m a Chase customer, so I figured refinancing my auto loan with them would be pretty easy...well I was wrong. The online application was fine, but then I spoke with a rep on the phone and the first red flag was that they increased my APR when they found out my car had features like a sun roof and back up camera. Also, the rates really aren’t that great - my credit score is an 800 and the best they approved me with (including Chase auto debit discount) was 4.69% I believe. Now here comes the real headache; they sent me this paperwork right before Christmas and New Year's so I reached out to the rep multiple times to ask for an extension with no response.

Eventually I just did all the paper work, tracked down a notary and then went to FedEx to ship. -pause here for a second - I have never had to go through such an arduous process for an application including tracking down the right type of notary for this one document. So fast forward a few days and I never heard that they received my paperwork. Called a few times and finally got through and they said my paperwork has expired and they want me to do it ALL OVER AGAIN. This has been such a hassle and not worth it. I unfortunately cannot recommend them for your auto loan.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I am a long time Chase bank customer. I had my mortgage with Chase, I have two credit cards, a savings and checking accounts and a debit card. I completed an on-line Chase auto refinance application. I promptly received an email stating Congratulations! You've been approved! It showed the rate 4.19% and monthly payment $249.30. It shows NEXT STEPS - call the toll free #. The first time I called I spoke with a rep. He asked me for the VIN#, and other information which was on the application. No problem. Then he said I needed to speak with a underwriter. Really??

We scheduled a date & time for me to speak with an underwriter. When that day came I rushed home from work and called right at the scheduled time (5pm central). I held for 50+ minutes and gave up. I kept getting those annoying auto attendant messages saying the wait is 50 minutes. I tried calling again the next day while at work. I had the same experience. By the next day my loan app expired. So I re-applied. The rate and monthly payment was higher 4.44/$260 something. Guess what happened... Deja Vu... Right back into the twilight zone! I called my local Chase bank for assistance. Unfortunately they dont get involved in auto refinance loans. It must be done on-line. I am SO DISAPPOINTED in Chase. How can a company like JP Morgan Chase be so incompetent?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We opened a Chase auto loan mid September 2019. Four months later we wanted to pay off the loan in full as it was a stipulation with being approved for our new home loan, which is luckily through a different finance company. We contacted Chase to get the pay off amount and asked them the fastest way to get this paid and they stated if we brought in a cashiers check to a branch it would post by the next business day. We took off work to go to our bank, purchased a cashiers check and took it to a Chase branch. Needless to say five business days later They still have not posted our payment, holding up our home loan.

Every time we try to contact them they give us excuses stating it’s under investigation and they don’t know why it hasn’t posted. They have our cashiers check for almost $12,000. We provided the branch number and the transaction number yet nobody has posted our payment. Do not use Chase, they will lie! If you are a day late with your auto payment you’ll get charged fees but they have no problem holding up the process that’s important to you. Completely incompetent!!

Chase author review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information