Chase Auto
1.04/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended auto loan provider now

Chase Auto

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

456 Chase Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have never seen a company such as this. I have been trying to pay my car off. I have never been late every and at the end I have to four time put payments on the end. Since then they have been lying to me. I talk to eight reps and each one told me something different. They give me what I owed and each time they would call me and tell me what I promised. I am on disable and get a check once a month. I only owed them 1500 more dollar and was paying them 500 each month. Little did I know that the interest rate would go sky high and they never told the same story even when in three days I paid them 900 then two days later 220. Then I find out about late fees and the money went to two different departments so the money I paid never was coming down.

Then they shut down my account so I had to call them then later reopened it only to find out they jacked up what I owed by 43 more added dollars and said until I paid it off I would owe them 29 for the next nine days but saw on my account 1.67 per day. As long as I live I will never trust Chase bank again... when people say stay away from Chase that is a true. Thought they even told me to go to a church and ask for the money or look up a company that helps people like me what was next stand on the corner? Some were mean and only out of 8 reps 2 was ok but still is not tell me the same thing. Stay away from Chase. They have no heart at all. And they don't care about you or your health or nothing.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Bought a car through Chase Auto Loan, you can't make a payment except through bank draft. No credit cards. No debit cards. They only want to be able to auto draft your account. It's 2018. They are the only ones that's like that and you have to have it set up through your bank account. You can't even go online to make payments. Then when you're a little late even one day they are calling from different numbers harassing you. Harassing your family. I cannot wait to pull the money out of my 401k to pay it off so I'll never have to deal with this company again. The car dealership never asked us who we wanted to go with. We would have never chose Chase. They came to us after the deal was already made for us to sign the papers!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I refinanced my car with Chase in January 2017. My car was totalled on 9-21-17 and I am STILL WAITING for Chase to provide the insurance company with my title and accept payoff. Unbelievable to me that they would not secure the title immediately at the onset of the loan. More unbelievable is that after learning that the title was not secured in November they STILL HAVE NOT DONE SO. WOW. Car was deemed a total loss on 10-31-17. Chase has known since November and still no results. REALLY CHASE? I have not had a car in 4 months and am having to pay my regular car payment without the benefit of said car because of Chase and their incompetence. THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME A LATE FEE. WHAT?

Chase, you are a year overdue in getting my title. And you want to charge me a late fee? Service is horrible. Employees promise to follow up and I never hear another word from them. I have talked to countless people and asked to speak with management. They are conveniently never available, in meetings, etc. and never call me later either. Those employees who have dealt with my account should be ashamed of themselves. You have caused major havoc in my life as I am recovering from a car accident. You have not done your jobs.

You have not accepted responsibility. You have not made it right. You have barely acknowledged there is a problem. You have made this experience a nightmare. When will this be resolved? How many car payments must I make on a car sitting in a salvage yard? I live in the DFW metroplex where a car is an absolute necessity. I'm paying for one, but I can't drive it. I can't even get another car with this loan still open. Come on Chase, get off your butts and do your jobs. Somebody should be fired. Fed up with this situation and they don't care attitudes. May you all have the joy of experiencing what you have put me through. Jerks.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have been banking with Chase for many years and do lots of business with them. I have never had a problem and had always considered them a great bank, never had a problem. I have a checking account with them and a car loan. I have excellent credit (always pay my bills like clockwork and have never been late), and have an excellent credit score of 798. My son wanted to buy a truck and I was going to cosign for him as I wanted him to build his credit. My son is 18 and has no credit cards and zero credit history, no credit in his name whatsoever. After applying for the used car loan, Chase came back with an APR of 18.5% for the car loan! Seriously??? I could have put the car on my personal credit card and would have had a better rate than that!!! I talked to an underwriter with Chase and they said, "Ok, we'll give you our best rate possible of 9.99%." Again, seriously??? What kind of suckers do they think people are anyway?

I decided to take my son off the loan completely with Chase auto finance and apply just by myself figuring I could get a way better interest rate than that. Chase called me after I applied and asked why I decided to apply again but this time on my own. I was honest and told them I wanted a better interest rate. People you are not going to believe this, but my loan was denied completely! I applied online with LendingTree.com and had many offers for great interest rate loans. I was able to secure a loan for my son's used truck at 4%. Thank you Lending Tree and LightStream!

My personal opinion, Chase doesn't want to secure a low interest rate loan because it's not worth their time, money, or effort. Well, I will never attempt to apply for a loan through Chase again. I like banking with them well enough, like the fact that they have ATMs all over the country so I can avoid fees when possible. However, that's where our relationship will stay. Very unfortunate to see a business treat a long time customer like this.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

DON’T DO IT!!! Similar to another experience here I returned my Subaru car 1.5 months before the lease was up. The dealership said it was A-OK, and I paid all of the payments for the time until it was due. Then one month later Chase sends me a letter that I owe $1,000 for returning the car early! Had I known I never would have done it, and $1,000 is ridiculously excessive. When I contacted the company they couldn't even provide a breakdown of the cost. Worst of all, they filed the cost with a debt collector just weeks after the bill went out. I'm about to pull in a lawyer and can't believe how much time I've had to spend on this. There needs to be better protection for consumers against this nonsense!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I made my car payments on time for 4 years while employed and even continued making payments for 6 months after losing my job, but I fell 3 months behind after having medical bills that my new "affordable" insurance would not cover. So Chase repoed my car on a Thursday even though I had made a payment the prior Monday which brought my account to 1.5 months past due. I called them immediately to find out what I needed to do to get the car back. They are supposed to provide a reinstatement amount in 24 hours, but I had to call them repeatedly - several times a day for 6 DAYS - before someone could provide me with the reinstatement amount.

By that time, they had added an additional month payment, a $750 repo fee and $140 in late charges for a total of $1900 which they needed paid in 12 days. It took me 3 weeks to pay them the money. Since the repo agent had turned in my tags and cancelled my registration, after paying them I called DMV to find out what I needed to do to reregister the car. DMV told me that I needed a letter from a Chase giving me permission to reregister the car. I called a Chase rep who told they had never provided such a letter and have many clients in NY that all I needed to do was to go to DMV to reregister the car -suggested that I speak with a supervisor.

So I take the morning off of my new job to stand outside in the cold for 30 mins on a line that had formed down the block before the doors had even opened. Everything goes smoothly but once they check the ownership, DMV told me - and yes I spoke with a supervisor- that there is no way I can reregister the car because Chase has changed the title already, They said, "Chase SHOULD know that they changed the title and SHOULD be well aware that I can't register the vehicle." So again I need a letter giving me permission to register the car in my name again and they need to change the title over. I call Chase and again they seem to be completely clueless as if they've never had to do this in NY. They finally agree to draft the letter but have no idea when they can provide it to me.

As for changing the title, oh "that takes weeks". I've called to find out when I can at least get the letter but the person who writes the letters - just like the person who calculates the reinstatement amount - is never at his/her desk. In the meantime, I'm still being charged a daily storage fee from the repo agent. The icing on the cake was the last rep I spoke with before asking for her supervisor who told me "It takes weeks to change the title, this is why we requested that you pay by the date we gave you". OK. 1) It took you just a few days to change the title so why will it take WEEKS to change it back? 2) I'm glad that Chase pays you so well but for most of us it takes more than a few days to come up with $2000.

Maybe if you hadn't taken 6 days just to calculate that amount, I would have have it in time. Who knew you'd be adding close to $1000 in repo fees and late charges. Storage fees still accumulating... Will have to take more time off to go back to DMV. I was so tempted to let them auction the car and now I wish they had.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought a new car 10-2-17 financed through Chase Bank as I have an account there. The following week I went into my branch Chase Bank (on E. Beltline Rd. Richardson TX) to set up auto payments, I did the paperwork to have payments drafted out of my account on the first day of the month. Knowing I set things up I didn't check my account to see if the Nov 1st payment was drafted. I received a call over the Thanksgiving weekend stating I was in default as I hadn't made my November Payment. I went back to my branch. No one could tell me what happened. I made the now late payment, so they had me fill out the auto draft paperwork again. Dec 1 no payment drafted. I went back to the branch, again no one could explain why my account was drafted. They had me do auto draft paperwork again now for the 3rd time.

On Dec 2 I received a letter from Chase Stating my auto draft payment would start 12-15-17. I went back to my branch and they could not explain the mix up. I called the 800 #; they connected me with the auto loan dept. Sean in the auto loan dept stated it was set up for the 15th of the month and it would not be changed. He would not explain why it was not done in accordance with my 3 times written instructions. BUT IT WOULD NOT BE CHANGED! Rotten service, rotten customer service. I can't believe they won't fix their mistake to get their payment 2 weeks earlier than they want it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have been leasing my Mazda for almost a year. I was on disability and then laid off from my job 7 months ago. This is one ruthless and harassing company. Only a week late and they seem to call every hour starting at 8 am. This goes on every month. I even received a repossession letter only being 30 days late. But they always get their money. I am seriously thinking about changing my phone number. Stay away from Mazda Chase.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Just called Chase to get a payoff on my loan. The good news is I was not on hold for the usual 20-30 minutes. The bad news is the voicemail said they were busy, "Please call back in a couple of hours." I was immediately disconnected. That is, without a doubt, the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I'm not really surprised. I had a business loan with them before and their service was terrible. I swore I would never do business with them again but this was a Subaru car loan that I did not know was Chase until it was too late.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I leased a Mazda through Chase Auto Finance. Chase took $100.00 of a $400.00 monthly payment for fees and interest. When I went to buyout the lease I found out that I owed $4,000.00 more than the car is worth. Stay away from Chase.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have been struggling financially and got a little behind on my payment. I had called Chase and explained I was on UC due to a job loss however this did not stop them from calling me every two hours from different phone numbers starting at 8 am and ending around 8:30 pm. When I did make a payment they were very rude and asked me why I was late with it and in general were extremely condescending. I would never finance anything through them again due to harassment and rudeness of their staff.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Car repossessed - I have been paying my car loan to Chase for 4 years on time. I was 3 payments behind and they have been unbelievably harsh to work with. They closed my account even when I asked if I could prove that due to serious health issues I had fallen behind. They demanded full payment ($8K) within a week. I’ve finally gathered the money but I will never deal with them again. It is very helpful to read that others have had the same experience. Ally Auto was the complete opposite. They have been the best lenders to work with ever. I highly recommend this firm. I’ll be glad to wash my hands of Chase. They won’t last with a reputation like this.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Chase Auto Finance wrongfully repossessed a vehicle. I bought a vehicle from My Imports Auto and they ran information and offered Chase Auto Finance as a lender to use. Not knowing the bad reviews of Chase I accepted and put money down and signed up. I gave all my bank information and made payments. Had a hardship including medical and auto incident, had repaired, and kept paying. Since the beginning, there were issues with recurring payments. Sometimes a double charge would be sent through and other times the account page that the account was past due. I NEVER received correspondence from them about an account delinquency, but the claim is that I was 86 days delinquent on a car payment.

In the interim my account showed current and I did not get a call until they called after repossessing my vehicle. I received no phone call, email, or contact through Chase on the account. I had tried confirming the bank account three times prior to that so it could withdraw from a bank I had already paid them from and apparently they could not confirm, I have had the account for 13 years.

There was no notification until they sent a notice to sell within 15 days of taking it. When I called to pay up to date and explain, it was stated "you will need to pay the full account balance or have the car sold at auction, and 10 days to do so. Also, it was explained it was a high risk and that instead of staying the finance option, I should try to refinance for $25,000 when I only owed $22,000 and then I could drive it." I called an attorney as I felt it was very unreasonable and odd. I was advised to file chapter 13 bankruptcy and that I could get my vehicle back quickly. I called Chase multiple times to work out a plan. Nothing was offered.

I then asked for escalations and explained I had a leave and the issue was the bank confirmation and I was more than willing to pay the payment and if that was not an option I wanted to try and settle out of court and make an offer for a strong but fair offer. All of a sudden this was an option, after numerous calls and waiting, now I was talking to a senior specialist who could look at a settlement option but any financing with Chase in the future would be negated possibly.

I called gave the offer which was between fair market and dealer value minus my downpayment, so just under $20,000. I called two times after that and it was still in review. I finally called and was told it had been declined. No counter offer or options and I said, I will see you in court and I know you recorded every call and my attorney will be requesting that as well as any documents, because I called to pay up to date and even made an offer. I said you would rather keep it and auction and lose money, than let me become current and drive.

I am not without employment and it was a banking error. Most representatives were less than kind and did not have much in answer or assistance. My final call when I had to call to find out about the offer, the "senior specialist in escalation" said, "unless there was a hardship, we cannot accept the offer." Hello, I told you there was a hardship but it did not affect my ability to pay, the unconfirmed account on your end is the issue. I went and retrieved my items and plate and it was being stored in a rickety collision shop yard in a chain linked fence.

The unreasonable nature of the support and representatives when I tried to resolve in several ways and even had to know the "language" to even get to the escalations is deplorable. My proposed resolution on day one was to pay whatever they "thought" I was in arrears (clearly be a double payment) so that my account would be current or closed of if settled. They refused, and said if I wanted the car back to pay all the repossession fees and BUY THE CAR OUTRIGHT.

I am pursuing legal action against Chase due to nature of their business practices and financing in the predatory fashion. When it goes to auction, no one will pay what I was willing even outright as it was hit by a deer and the insurance only wanted to cover a portion. I had the other parts purchased and would repair, but now I am selling them online. The lesson here is review the dealerships and lenders before signing and I will be contacting the better business bureau as well as filing against Chase and possibly the dealership for gross negligence in business and consumer practices which are deplorable and shady at best.

If this is was is acceptable now, my concern is for future practices as this is modern day pirating. Even if I have to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy and go to court, I am unwilling to pay them any funds now because there is no philanthropy or social responsibility being administered and I am embarrassed I even thought financing was a good idea. I am willing to pay an attorney to expose Chase and I could have paid more than auction price and avoided it all. The real kicker is the amount for auto sale and finance was $3000 as attached. So disappointed and will retain the attorney and take them to court as well as file reviews and complaints about the dealership.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

After slow payments due to an emergency I called to make payment arrangements. Spoke with a gentlemen that said there would be no problem in making payment arrangements. After paying 1800.00 in 1 month (my actual payments were 547.00) I was told I needed the balance 27,000.00 to keep the truck. They told me that the truck loan had been written off at the end of the month BEFORE I made the 1800.00 payment. Please do not use this company. THEY ARE RIPOFF ARTISTS. They do not stand behind the agreements their agents make with you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Chase Auto Finance is a horribly run business. I'm in the process of switching from a lease to buying my car and it’s been one problem after another. They have all these different departments that you have to talk with to accomplish anything and they wasted 45 minutes of my time and I still couldn’t get the help I needed. Later I tried calling again to make a down payment which they can apparently only do with my routing and checking account info which for some reason they don’t already have. I’ve been making automatic payments for years! For some reason they have info from a bank account I’ve never used with them. These people are so unhelpful it makes me sick. I’ve never dealt with more unhelpful, incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have an autoload through Land Rover Chase and each month the auto payment goes through for a different amount and I am charged a late fee. It is difficult to get through to a person on the customer service number and when I finally reach someone, they say they need to transfer me - and it goes back in an automated message that will not give me access to a live customer service rep. This has been going on for six months without anyone correcting the error or contacting me at all.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

This company should not be allowed to deal with the public. They threatened repo when only one month behind. Chase has to be as stupid as loan sharks. The bad PR will flow over to their other businesses, I hope. If anyone is getting a car loan, never deal with Chase. Pay a higher rate, and deal with humans not human garbage!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

For the last payment, Chase sent a bill stating that they will not take an auto payment and we are to pay by mailing a check. After the check was sent, they indeed did take the auto payment and also cashed the check creating a double payment. They said the money would be returned to my account within 10 business days, but at 10 days, still no money. This appears to be a recurring scam on their part as I see other reviews with this issue as well. Please let me know when the class action suit begins, because I am all in!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Yesterday my truck was repo'd because I fell on hard times after having not missed a payment since I got it. After talking to a rep to make arrangements they still took my truck and when I called to see what I needed to pay to get it back, I was told I had to pay it off! If I had $20,000 trust me I would not have been in this situation. They will NOT work with you at all! WORST COMPANY EVER!!! If you are trying to get financed run, don't just walk away from any dealer trying to get you financed with them!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have a Subaru leased through Chase Auto. I moved from RI to NC in early June of 2017 and have been trying to register my car here ever since. I reached out to Chase on June 30th requesting a copy of the title and limited Power of Attorney so I could go to the DMV and register the vehicle. They decided it was a good idea to send the original title to the NC DMV instead of sending a copy, and they didn't keep a copy on file for themselves.

Fast forward about a month and a half (the DMV had me jumping through multiple unnecessary hoops from early July through early August), and I needed to reach out to Chase for a simple tax form that needed to be faxed to the DMV. The form only required a box to be checked off, the tax ID number and a signature. I was told it was a special request form and would take two weeks. After a bit of back and forth, I was told they would request an expedite on the form... needless to say, it still took the full two weeks. When I finally followed up and was told the form was faxed (yes, I had to follow up, they did not notify me), I went to the DMV to find out that they had gone through some changes and lost the title, POA and my bill of sale.

On Thursday, August 17th, I had to reach back out to Chase to request another copy of the title. Because they were so careless and did not keep a copy of the title on file after sending the ORIGINAL through the mail to the DMV, they were not able to send a copy and told me that they needed to request a duplicate from Rhode Island. I spent some time on the phone with them and was told that they would put the request in immediately and would note that it needed to be done as soon as possible.

After 3 weeks of waiting and not hearing any updates (I figured I would give the process a bit of time), I decided to reach out to check on the status. I was told on September 9th that they received my request for a duplicate title and it was being reviewed. They also had the nerve to ask that I "kindly allow some time for the review process to be completed." After 3 weeks, they are telling me that it is still being reviewed and implied that I was being impatient for checking the status.

I began this whole ordeal back at the end of June. It is now almost mid September and there is still no resolution in sight for me. My RI registration expired quite some time ago due to Chase dragging their feet and being careless with me as a customer. I have been left without legal use of my car and no matter how many times I reach out to them for help, they continue to stall and not do anything to help correct a situation that they are at least half at fault for (the NC DMV being the other party to blame). Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for auto financing. I have leased two vehicles through Chase Auto and have had no issues up to this point, but this has completely pushed me over the edge and I will not be returning to them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Couple of weeks ago my car loan was paid off. Needless to say the payment still was taken out of my account. Since that time I have spoken to numerous people and they have all assured me that the money will be returned as the loan was paid off. First I was told that I would be sent a check, well that never happened. Second, I was told it would be put back into my account, then I was told that it would be 10 business days before it would be put back, well it's now 10 business days and no money. This was my money for paying bills, which I am now late on. I am to the point of hiring a lawyer to sue for my payment and the interest for them holding my money for over 2 weeks. This is certainly not right but I cannot get anyone to return my money. Definitely would not consider a auto loan with these crooks again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Ok, so, I purchase a 2004 vehicle for roughly $3000 & get accepted for financing. Who would have thought that number one, the car is a lemon, I've been pouring money into it ever since I drove it off the lot. Worse yet, I end up sacrificing my right ARM and left leg to Chase in the form of roughly $9000 for a $3000 lemon!!! Chase's new CEO is in the news lambasting other people for their shoddy business practices. What about HIS company? People are being ripped off! Hey buddy, look in the mirror...

Original review: July 26, 2017

If I could give Chase 0 stars I would. I am leaving for the Peace Corps and need to sell my car. I paid 3000 dollars to get it paid early and at this time I changed my address. After two weeks, I never received the title. I called and they said they mailed it to my old address under my mother's name because she cosigned the loan. My mother never lived at this address and because of this my title got lost in the mail. They then said they would send me a lien release and I would receive it the following Wednesday. They told me to bring it to the DMV and they would give me the title. I checked the mail the next Wednesday and it was not in the mail. I called and they said it was sent out that day. I finally got the lien release and brought it to the DMV. The DMV told me that they don't print titles and that Chase lied to me. They told me I could expedite the paperwork or it would be 4 weeks to get the title.

It is going to cost me 95 dollars to pay for a lost title that I did not lose and 30 to expedite. Then I found out the Chase did not notarize the lien so the DMV could not expedite it. This is an issue because I have someone wanting to buy the car and I am leaving the county so it needs to be sold. The DMV told me to call Chase and ask them to fax the correct lien. She told me banks do this all the time and has received them from Chase. I called and they refused to fax it to me. The woman at the DMV talked to them and said this is common and didn't understand the issue. Finally, I talked to a very rude supervisor named Monica and she said it would be faxed to the DMV by 6:00. She also accused me of lying and saying that I changed my address after the title was mailed. That is not true. She said the date was July 19 when I changed the address.

That was the day I called to check on my lien and I did not change my address. She wanted to blame me and not apologize for their mistake. When I got home, I checked my email and found 2 emails on the day that I paid my account that I changed my address on June 28th. I had to call the DMV several times and they never faxed the lien. My mom called the supervisor at 4:15 and she did not answer. My mom left a message. We found out later Monica ignored the message and was still at work. I called Chase at 4:30 and talked to Pedro. He checked my account and said that it said it would be faxed at 6:00. I then called at 6:00 to confirm it being faxed. I was told that they could not confirm it, the department was closed and no one there could fax it.

I then talked to another supervisor Marot. He was nice but tried to make me feel bad when this was their mistake and had been lied to all day. I now have to call them at 6:30am to see if they faxed it. If I don't get the lien to the DMV by 8:00, I won't get the title this week and could lose a 10,000 dollar sale on my car. It is evident through these reviews that this is common. Chase clearly does not care about their customers. I never missed a payment and I paid it off early. I deserve better treatment than this. Chase should also pay me the money I have to spend to get my title. I shouldn't have to pay for a title that I didn't lose! The DMV told me this happens all the time with Chase. Please go somewhere else to get your loan!

Original review: July 22, 2017

We had a Subaru leased through Chase. Never missed a payment. Turned it into dealer at lease term and got a bill for $4500 from Chase for excess mileage (the car was under allowed mileage). It has been 4 months of us sending Chase the correct mileage documentation, making phone calls, and being frustrated. We have had multiple people tell us the problem is fixed and the large bill eliminated. But when we request the new statement sent to us in the mail (We need proof. Don't trust a thing they say) it is always the old INCORRECT balance. Chase needs an overhaul. Nothing gets done correctly or in a timely manner. I will NEVER use Chase for anything.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I would never use Chase auto finance again. I had my car for 3 years. Never had been late on a payment and had even been ahead on a payment sometimes. I got sick and need an emergency open heart surgery. I was going to be out of work for a little while. I had called to work out some things I can just see maybe if they can push some of my payments. To the end they will not even apologetic I'm even having to have surgery and they were not even willing to work with me. They automatically said "no we cannot" and then later repoed my car. I would never use Chase again.

Original review: July 13, 2017

After 3 years, and only one late payment (by a week), my most recent issue with Chase has come to a head. Drafting payments on autopay months after I turned the feature off and incurring hundreds $ in fees from my own bank because Chase ignored my settings and my request to change my due date which can be done for accounts in good standing. I'm not going to give a long synopsis, but let's just say, if it's not resolved in the next week, I'm filing a class action suit. Please comment here if you'd like to be included as there are thousands of bad reviews on this company and what they're doing is theft, plain and simple. I'm done playing games, spending hours on phone with over 15-20 reps, and the lies they tell. Over it.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Please never use Chase Auto Loan... I purchase a Chevrolet and got a loan with Chase Auto. My car is a 2016 Suburban... my cars was paid more than half. I went over some financial difficulties due to my child with cancer. Make story short... I make mistake of making deposit in wrong account to pay 2 months on my car. They got my car which I understand. But when I call them to pay what I was behind and I know will be some extra for repo fee... They said they won't finance the car anymore and ask me to go and get license plate and stuff out of my car. They said I'll only have 10 days to pay for my car. On July 5th will be sold to someone else. I must pay car in full. I use Chase Bank for a long time. I was under the impression that this bank will help the community not step on people. I don't know if I could do something else but hope people who read this won't use Chase Auto Finance.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Chase extracted two extra payments PAST the 36 that were owed them AND NOW will not issue a refund!!! 'The process takes time' I keep hearing - it's been two months past the close of the lease and no one seems to be able to make my money appear... All I get is a future date (a different one) each time I call AND I CALL REGULARLY... Such liars!!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

Auto Dealer put me in a Chase car loan. Told me there are no prepay penalties. Chase has a prepay limit of $9900 in the a physical bank location and $5000 limit if paying online. Obviously this is a penalty if you can't pay your loan the amount you want. Chase bank is HORRIBLE. I will never use Chase and suggest you reading this stay away from Chase.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Took out an auto loan and set up direct deposit right away. So I would have no hassle because I've experienced chase before. Once again I got burned right in the beginning before I could even realize it. They charged a late fee right in the beginning before they even sent out their first statement. So I call and was told it has to be done in the branch. Next time I go to the branch, I notify them of it and they spend the first 45min trying to sell me stuff I don't need and then proceed to tell me the fee was too long ago and they can't do anything about it. I just set up the online account a year later for accounting purposes, so that's how I found out about it. Never would have known from any of the statements. I would have never opened my auto loan with them if it wasn't what the dealership offered, for reasons like this.

Chase expert review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

• Best for: Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information

www.chase.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use