Chase Auto

Chase Auto

3.0/5 (850 ratings)

About Chase Auto

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Auto Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Auto?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 15, 2022

The agents are condescending and awful to work with. I pray I never have to deal with Chase again. They are rude. I can’t wait to be done with them! They need some type of customer service training. People are still trying to recover from job loss and Covid. Chase does not care!

Original review: April 12, 2022

Chase Auto Finance is absolute scum. I would highly NOT recommend them for your auto financing. I’m finally close to end of my loan (owe a little over $1900) and payments are being withdrawn later than the 2-5 business day timeframe. Like clock work it takes 5 days for my payment to post to my bank account. Magically now Chase is pulling payments 7,8,9 days later (and there was no holiday, payment was made on a Monday) just whenever they feel like it! Customer service is a nightmare and when a call is escalated, the supervisors have been clearly trained to be cruel, hard nose, unconcerned twits who threaten to disconnect the call after causing you trauma! I will be discussing with a lawyer for further review.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2022

After purchased car from lease buyout, it has been a nightmare from day 1. 2 years later paperwork is still not finished. I have called in hundreds of times, they keep saying they're opening a case on it but still nothing. DO NOT USE THEM TO PURCHASE A CAR, IT'S ONLY HELL.

Original review: March 22, 2022

In August 2021 me and my fiancé purchased a car. We used Chase as our financier, that turned out to be a mistake. We put down 7k. Financed the rest, by February 2022 we moved to a different state and fell behind on payments, car ended up repossessed. We took accountability for that and that’s that. We called Chase and asked what we need to pay to get the car back. They said we had to pay the car off as a whole. So we managed to come up with the 12k and mailed a cashier's check to them. Checked the tracking and said it was received. We called right away to see if we can get the car released, now they were saying “it can take up to 10 business days for it to process in our system, but most likely less than 10 days.” I found that weird since it’s a cashier's check, it’s almost like handing them straight cash. We called everyday to see if it processed, still nothing.

On the 10th business day they said they still did not process the check, and they are going to “expedite the process”, that was a Thursday. The lady I spoke to then told me no later than Monday it will be processed. Now it is Tuesday the 13th business day and nothing, same runaround they give us every time we call, customer service is horrendous. They say the same thing every time. Now they are saying by Friday the 16th business day it will process…. I don’t believe that, one lady I talked to mentioned they might of lost the check then immediately backtracked when I questioned what they just said about losing the check.

Now I’m just curious why this process is taken too long and it seems they are covering up stuff, not sure if they sold the car already or lost the check. It is very very shady especially since nobody can seem to tell me a legit answer as to what is going on, same runaround but different stories as to why this is happening, even the supervisor gives you the runaround. I do not recommend chase as a financier, I mean look at all the other reviews on the BBB for example…

Original review: March 17, 2022

This company is full of people that will yes you to death and not do their job. Seems like the idea is to get you off of the phone and not take action on ANYTHING that you spoke to them about. It’s been over a month to get some simple paperwork done after overnighting the necessary document. Avoid the headache and go with a different company. They’re terrible.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I had an auto loan with Chase since 2018. Mid February I traded my car in and purchased a new vehicle. The new dealer paid my remaining balance and March 1st Chase withdrew money for the car I traded in. I didn't realize they did this until March 9th. I contacted Chase to find out what happened and was told I would have to wait up to 10 business days to receive a credit. March 16th I checked my account and there was no credit so again I have contacted Chase and was told to contact my bank and that they were also going to put an expedited ticket in to find out what is going on. My bank has no record of a credit and now I have to wait until March 23rd to hear back from Chase to find out what is going on.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I will try to keep this simple, but Chase Auto has done so many things wrong the last 5 months. I paid my car off in full with cash Sept 7th 2021. As of today Feb 8, 2022, I do not have my title. I will list what has happen:

1 - I was told I would have my title in 7 to 10 days. If you look at Chase's website it says with cash it is 2 to 7 days. No mention of over 5 months.

2 - When I did have the title I began calling them. I was told they could not find the title. WTH! They would order a duplicate. This was in Oct they finally ordered it in Dec. They got the duplicate back December 29th and they sent it FedEx overnight. Only they sent it to someone in RI and it was delivered to the address Dec 22nd. Sounds good right? No not only do I not live in RI I have never been there. I live in Ohio, so now someone has the title to my car. Not good. Solution they would get FedEx to retrieve it. I know LOL. They then said they had not been able to retrieve it and would order another copy. As of Jan 2nd they had not ordered it. Jan. On Jan 9th I received the original title (the one that was lost). I am so happy, so the person that was buying my car and I went to the title office. Guess what? Title is no good because they had issued a duplicate (you know the one that is in RI).

3 - The duplicate showed up at my house Jan 19th. Great right? Nope they sent the title but did not fill out the back of it!! So no good. Called Chase and was told they would FedEx me a envelope with an envelope to return it so they could fill it out. Now it’s Jan 26th and no envelope so I told them just give me the address and I will return the title so you can fill it out correctly and send it back to me ASAP. ( At my expenses) They received it on Jan 27th but 12 days later no title and no one can tell me why or when I might get it???

Also in addition to the above issues, the DMV advised me that Chase had never paid the sales tax on the car. When I brought that up to Chase they said, "Oh no we never include the sales tax in the contract." I said, "Well I’m looking at it and you did." She goes through some files and files and can’t find it. I said, "I can just send it to you to make it faster for both of us." She said, "Oh here it is. Oh yes, you’re correct so we will need to get you a check since you paid the full amount."

She said, "We actually sent a check to Warren County in April 2016 and they returned it to us because they didn’t know what to do with it." I said, "And so you did nothing with it, you didn’t call me, you didn’t call them, you did nothing??" "Of course, I didn’t." If anyone has a suggestion at all on how I can finally get my title please let me know. I had a heart transplant a year ago and I am not allowed to drive the purpose of me paying the car off for so that I could sell it and I borrowed money from my parents to do that that I’ve now had to wait for over five months to get back.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I have a car that I leased through Chase Auto for 3 years and decided to buy it at the end of the lease in September. This process has been a nightmare so far. Chase Auto issued the title and bill of sale with the wrong names on it and this has not been resolved so far. I have requested a new title and bill of sale and instead they issued an affidavit of correction though I warned that the DMV might not accept and still they did this and continued to waste my time. I have been to the DMV over 6-7 times so far over a period of 5 months and this has not been resolved yet. Chase Auto has been very sloppy dealing with my problem and that started with a customer service agent telling me on my first call that this can not be corrected because that is the easiest answer to everything. I will certainly think a hundred times from now on before I open any new accounts or procedures with Chase.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I wrote my entire experience below but to summarize; reps told me different and conflicting information, misquoted my payout price several times including using the wrong sales tax, never called me back when they said they would, sent me in circles on the phone from department to department, and used bait and switch tactics in order to try to get me to pay more for my loan. Stay away from Chase Auto. They need to be investigated for fraud.

I was nearing the end of my lease at the end of November 2021 and called Chase to see what my options were. I decided to turn my lease into a loan. The Chase representative told me they would be sending me all of the documents to sign and get notarized. A week went by and I didn't receive anything so I called Chase back. The Chase representative I spoke with was able to walk me through how to view my loan documents electronically.

I noticed on the title page it very clearly stated that documents needed to be received within 2 days of the date listed. By that time it was more than 2 days past the listed date. I brought this concern to the Chase rep and they put me on hold to ask a supervisor. When the rep came back on she told me that I could go ahead and use the documents even though they would be received after the date listed on said document. I signed the documents, had them notarized, and put them in the mail the same day. The representative even noted that they were mailed on my application.

About 5 days went by and I got a call from a Chase rep asking if I had requested a new payout price for my vehicle. I told her I had not but I had already mailed my signed loan documents. I asked if they had been received and the rep checked and confirmed they had been received and were in processing. The rep said in that case the call was in error and to disregard the call. At the same time I noticed on my online banking that a new lease payment was due, even though my lease had ended and I was set to begin finance payments. The rep informed me that the lease payment would go away once the loan had been processed and advised me not to pay the lease payment.

About a week later I got a called from a new Chase rep that my lease payout had increased by $900. Obviously, this was confusing to me as I had already agreed and signed the loan documents at the agreed upon price, rate, and term. I asked why it had gone up and the rep did not know. I was transfer to a different department and that rep also did not know the reason for the increase. I was transferred to two more reps before I was told that the sales tax had increased between when my first payout quote was formed and now. I explained that this was not my fault and was not happy to now be paying $900 more due to a sales tax increase that had apparently occurred in the last two weeks, especially because I asked initially if the documents that would be arriving late would still be good to use.

I was then transferred to the escalation department. I explained that I had already signed my documents. The escalation rep said if I had already submitted my documents then I should not have to pay an increased sales tax rate and transferred me back to the lease to loan department. At that time I Googled the sales tax rate for my state and county and found there had been no increase whatsoever. I pointed this out to the Chase rep and they then realized they had made an error and misquoted me and to disregard the phone call.

A week later I received another call asking if I had requested a new payoff quote. I had to explain again that I had not and had already submitted my documents as instructed to do so. The rep then told me that since the documents were received late a new loan had to be made. Since several weeks had gone by the payoff amount had gone up about $300. I told them that I found this unfair because I was told the wrong thing initially and followed instructions as I was told by Chase. The rep agreed and told me he would work with management to get the situation resolved and I would receive a call from management within 24 hours.

A week went by and no call from management, instead I yet again received a call asking if I had requested a new payoff quote. This happened two more times. Finally I decided to cave. I told the rep that I was willing to go by the new payoff price of about $200 more, fill out new loan documents, and drive and pay to have them notarized, in order to get this over with. At that time she told me I would also have to pay the new lease payment that had accrued during this whole saga of more than a month, of about $350, before starting my loan payments. I asked her to waive this payment as clearly it was not my fault and she said she could not waive the extra lease payment and would have to get management involved again. She told me management would call me back within 24 hours.

48 hours went by and no call. I never once received a call back from management even though I was promised this from several reps and multiple occasions. I called back and finally the rep told me the payoff had been paid at the original agreed amount. The extra lease payment is still on my account and I asked her to check on that. She confirmed that that payment would go away, but I think I am rightly skeptical that this saga is not yet over.

The scary thing is I had to fight and argue to ask them to do what was right. Mistakes were made and that is understandable but had I not pleaded and fought I would have spent $900 more plus interest. All in all I spent over 8 hours on the phone with over 12 different Chase reps. I have no doubt that countless others are paying more than what they should due to Chase's mistakes and they are benefiting.

I never thought that any Chase rep I spoke with was deliberately trying to take advantage of me, they are simply performing an action they are prompted to do on their computer. No one knew what was going on with my loan or situation and no one could solve it. The best I was told was that management would be taking a look at it. Again I was promised on three different occasions that management would be contacting me within 24 hours and I have still yet to receive a call from management.

This was the worst customer experience I have ever encountered. Due to Chase's mistakes I was backed into a corner and very nearly had to pay for a vehicle I could no longer afford, as they kept increasing the original agreed upon price. I am dumbfounded how they can run their business like this and seriously think they need to be investigated and brought to court. I guarantee they are taking advantage of countless others due to their bait and switch tactics. Moral of the story stay as far away from Chase as possible. If you need to finance a vehicle go to your local bank or credit union before going to the dealership and get your loan approved. Learn from my mistakes.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

After struggling to get Chase Bank to update my last name and address after I got married and moved, I gave up and traded in my car. The payoff amount was sent to Chase Bank who applied it and instead of cutting a check for the overage, they went back to a payment from four months prior and reversed it making everything after that late. I have proof that every single payment was on time... In fact, I never paid later than a few days early. In addition to that, they erroneously charged me late fees. I also have no idea where they reversed the payment to... They didn't send it to my credit union or to me. And of course, no one will help me.

Chase author review by Emma Simon

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Chase Auto Company Information