Chase Auto
3.62/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Chase Auto

Chase personal and small business credit cardholders can earn cash back and points for travel, complete balance transfers and more. Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards program makes them worth considering.

505 Chase Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 15, 2019

My credit rating at Chase has always been substantially lower than my accounts with Discover, Bank of America, Amex, Citibank and Barclays. The reason was 7 inquiries within 2 years that put me as poor. Chase has me with a 723 and Amex 777. In the explanation on their web states that if you're applying for a car loan or a mortgage within 14 days they only count it as one. As I mentioned I have 7 with 3 on 8/11/2017 for a car loan through Chase. Went to their location in St Charles Illinois on Randall Rd. Showed them they were counting all the car inquiries. Showed the app showing 7 and they insisted they were only counting 1 which would make it 5 not 7. Also, wondering how I paid more interest on a fixed mortgage after Chase bought the mortgage from another company. Hate Chase. If they hadn’t bought the mortgage I would never do business with them.

Original review: April 10, 2019

If I could rate this company with zero stars, I would. Actually, negative stars would be more accurate. This has to be, by far, the most frustration that I have had with any company ever. Even over my local cable company, and that is saying a lot! When speaking with representatives from Chase, they are very cold, and will never, ever side with the consumer. Even if a company is in the wrong and still decides to not refund any money, at least a little empathy might help... Maybe I am wrong. It's almost as if they are robots, so I guess AI isn't as far away as we thought? Anyway, let's get on with it (warning, this review is very detailed, so skip to the last paragraph if you want a quick synopsis):

So, I received a letter from Chase Auto Financial regarding my end-of-lease charges. Everything was correct with the exception of a couple items. The first issue was regarding my “last” payment to them, which was made on Thursday, March 7th, 2019 for a payment due on Friday, March 8th, 2019. However, March 8th is the day that I signed into a new lease on my current WRX, at which point, I returned my 2016 WRX. And since the monthly payments get taken in advance, they were charging me for a month that I did not have the car.

Now, in my mind, it should not be that big of deal, correct? Chase will either issue me a refund, or I can use that payment towards any charges. Of course, Chase is not making it that easy in the slightest. They did refund me $276.52, HOWEVER, my last payment was for $298.57. So, why the discrepancy? Taxes. Chase refused to refund the taxes paid on my last payment, stating that they had already paid them to the state of California! I may be incorrect, but this is ridiculous to me.

Essentially, that would be like me going and buying an item for $5.00 and then returning it, only for the store to tell me that they would only be able to refund me $4.50, stating they pay taxes at the point of sale. It would never happen! At that point, I spoke to my local salesman, who said that the dealership’s hands were tied, which I understood. I then spoke to their finance department, at which point I was told to contact Subaru Corporate. I am not a rocket scientist, but I think there is a pattern developing here, right? After a lot of back and forth, Subaru Corporate finally agreed to refund me the money, however, I have to provide a ton of documentation. A lot of hassle over twenty bucks!

Now, onto the next issue. I had my pre-inspection done on my lease on Monday, February 25th, 2019, twelve days prior to my turn in date. I was never informed that the inspector needed to see the spare key at the time of the inspection. Never once did Subaru mention it to me on the phone, nor the they guy conducting the inspection. Whom, by the way, was kind of a d-bag, but that is neither here nor there. I glanced at the bill that was sent to me via email, figuring that there was still a final inspection to be done after I turned the car back into your dealership.

After a couple of weeks, I received the end-of-charges letter, and sure enough there was a charge for a “missing key.” I have spoken to my salesman, and he can confirm that I turned in 3 keys (2 FOBs, and a valet key). He told me to call Chase Auto Financial and have them contact your dealership to verify. That was last week, and as I have just gotten off the phone with a Chase Financial representative, they informed me that they are not allowed to speak with your dealership, or vice versa, about my account, as that information is private.

That sounds asinine, if you ask me. They said that there have to be written consent to discuss any information, even if it was between them and the dealership. So, they are going to resolve the dispute based on the pictures from the pre-inspection, which, of course, does not include a spare key. I have come to the realization that I am probably going to have to pay the $250.00, as if I don’t it will negatively impact my credit score.

The more I speak with Chase Auto Financial, Subaru Corporate, and your dealership, there seems to be no sense of ownership regarding resolution of this issue. When I call Chase, they tell me to talk to the dealership, and then I speak to the dealership, and they tell me to talk to Subaru Corporate, and so on and so on and so on…

I would understand if I was trying to dispute charge(s) that pertained to such stuff as damage (which is all relative), or something of that nature, but this situation is pretty clear cut. I returned the keys, and I paid for a month AFTER I had already returned the car on time. And now Chase Auto Financial is trying to bend me over on both charges. I have gotten to the point where this will be my last Subaru, unless somehow in three years Subaru decides to use a different company to process their leases. It has soured me so much that, I will be pulling all my accounts from Chase Bank, as I want nothing to do with them or their company.

The bottom line is, do everything in your power to avoid doing any business with Chase Auto Financial. I will literally be choosing my next car based on whether or not a particular dealership leases through Chase. Then it will be what I want in a car, color, etc. I am not exaggerating when I say that they will only make your life worse, and never better. If you do not believe me, then look at all the other reviews. I find it rare when you can only find bad reviews about a company, but this is one that fits the bill! If you choose to move forward with them, then do not say that I, actually all of the negative reviewers, did not warn you. Good luck!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I called numerous times to speak to a loan officer about getting a car loan and the lady answering the phone never transferred me. She took my info and said they'd call me back shortly, they didn't. Then she just gave me another phone number to call and when I called that number, I was on hold for over 20 minutes with no one to pick up, even though it told me my call "was next in line." I called the branch at least 4 times telling them my issues and just asked to speak to someone who could help me, but that never happened. I have been banking there for over 15 years and I think I just may switch banks after this.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I did an early turn in program with a pull ahead offer at the Rover dealership. I received a huge bill that was wrong in January. I send them a dispute bill. In March, I saw adjustments to the account, but I still dispute it as they are charging me for damage they show no evidence of. I have asked for pictures. Meanwhile as it is in dispute they reported it LATE to the credits! I found this out as I was getting pre qualified for a home loan. I have perfect credit, never late once on a payment on this car and I got a newer nicer RR with a bigger payment.

I called and they said they cannot help me. They also said they cannot write me a letter that I am in dispute to show credit agency. It is just credit fraud, murder, erroneous damage fees, misrepresentation, and INSANITY! The dealership when trading in should have given me opportunity to inspect. I turned it in approx 90 days early which was not in the pre-inspection period. I even had Encino Land Rover look at it and they did not find damage. I ended up going to Hornburg in Beverly Hills... Now I am screwed!!! No words!

Original review: March 14, 2019

REFUSAL TO REFUND OVERPAYMENT. On 2/19/19 the final payment for our loan was credited for a zero balance. Title has been released too. The money was taken from our checking on 2/21/19. On 2/22/19, 2 more payments were taken by Chase from our checking each for full amount and only one was reversed that day, so we are still out over $500. I have been trying since 2/27/19 to get someone at Chase.com or the call center to act, resolve and refund. The standard answer is, "Someone is reviewing and we’ll get back to you." It’s now almost 3 weeks since the error was made and 10 days since I was promised resolution and refund. Yet nothing from anyone Chase except a bunch of emails saying, "We’re sorry." Today’s email said, "Don’t write anymore -- we are not going to respond!"

Contacting to the call center is equally pointless. I made several calls: on 2/27, on 2/28, and on 3/2 and was promised refund on 3/7. Then she said it is being elevated and I should check Secure Message for updates. On 3/7 the date I was told I was getting the refund I called and they said it’s still open and elevated but no refund. Some suggested it was my bank’s error but since the transactions originated at Chase.com how is that possible? I have checked with my bank. The local branch who had nothing to do with this, did make a call last week and was told they would contact me Tuesday, Still waiting, I have had a Chase VISA for 20 years and never had anything but great customer service so this is exceptionally disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have been banking with CHASE for about 10 years now. Never had NSF, never had any issues with my account. If anyone knows how timely I pay my bills and how much income I have coming in and expenses going out, it's CHASE. Well I decided to apply for a car loan with them, knowing I'd be approved anywhere but going off their pitch of "CHASE customers get better rates" I thought I'd have an advantage through them. They sent me an approval the same day with an almost 20% interest rate! RIDICULOUS! I was approved at 3 other places with 8%, 9.5% & 12% interest rate and my own bank can't do better? Thanks for showing me your true colors CHASE, they had been telling me about you but now I experienced it for myself.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

IMMORAL & WRONG PRACTICES, AND JUST WRONG. DO NOT USE SUBARU LEASING. When you lease a Subaru from your dealership and use a Subaru Lease, you should know at lease signing that you are giving Chase Subaru a blank check as well. In the lease you not only initial a $300 fee if you don't either lease or buy another vehicle, you also give Subaru Leasing a blank check. I signed so I was stuck, can't argue that. However, before turn-in, and after several letters and prompts they sent an appraiser out and wrote up every ding and scrape.

Please note that one (1) tire was 1/32 worn below passing. Here is the blank check part. The tires are not covered in the $1000 free damage. They can bill you for up to 4 tires because of the sensors. I was billed the $300 + an additional $195 for the tire and to add insult to injury they taxed me for an additional $35.15. When I decided to buy the car instead to resell it myself I was told it was auctioned and sold already so I could not do that. I paid for a worn tire that was probably never replaced and charged $300 I didn't expect because I didn't read carefully one of the many initial items. If you read this far then you must NOT give Chase Subaru a BLANK CHECK. Don't do it. I am supposed to be thankful I suppose that it wasn't more.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have never missed a payment or been late over the 42-month lease agreement with Chase Auto. I’ve always paid through the online portal, but when I received the final payoff via US mail in the amount of $318 it was never noted in the online portal where I always check status. I was only made aware that my account was delinquent by a Credit Karma email so I called and spoke with a Chase Auto representative on February 11th, 2019 who indicated this was mailed to me early January 2019. When I received this statement there was no due date on the notice and I was instructed to mail in the payment to their service center with no account number. Now when I log into the Chase site this account has been totally removed and I have no way to access my payment history or account number.

I mailed through my automated bank bill pay on February 4, 2019 the complete payment for $318 to close out the account. The Chase representative who I spoke to on the phone on February 11th was unable to verify that they had even received this payment yet. And said it was another department that would have that information and she could not transfer or give me the info. There was NO DUE DATE on the final notice I received and was sent within 2 weeks of receiving the notice which I had to send via regular mail due to the fact there was no given method to make an online payment.

Now my credit score has been impacted severely and all the representative kept telling me is they are obligated by law to report delinquent payments and I could dispute by writing a letter to Chase. Very frustrating for a perfect 42 month payment record and now I can't even log into Chase to see any record of my old account. I will never bank with them again. Be aware!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Father passed away which left me in debt. I applied for a extension loan in January 2018, was granted extension for 1 month. Later on I find I could have gotten a 2 month entension. This was not explained to me at the time of extension. This would have helped greatly. Called chase in December 2018 to inquire about a 2 month extension still having financial problems. Was told I had to wait until January 2019 to apply. Called January 4th when my payment was due to apply for 2 month extension. Was told by representatives everything looks good for approval, transferred me to loan extension dept, went thru lengthy recorded application. When application was processed they told me it could not be approved because I have to wait one full year Which would be January 18 2019.

Called on January 21st 2019, went thru entire approval application again, then was told could not be approved because I had not made 12 full payments. Now facing chapter 7 bankruptcy. Missed car payment for January and February To pay to attorney. Got a call from their credit dept wanting the 2 month payments and I explained my situation about being denied extension and filing for chapter 7. Lady was helpful and suggested I should try and speak with the loan extension dept again. She said due to my situation there may be something else they can do for me.

Spoke to loan extension dept, gave reason for needing extension. Informed them what was said to me about being denied because of not completing 12 payment. She informed me what I was told was incorrect about needing 12 payment before applying. So explained to her that I was filing for bankruptcy and would like to keep the car. I explained that I was denied extension before this caused me to miss 2 payments on loan. Went thru the application process again and again I was denied. So I told her I will be missing the 2 payment and resume paying in March if you want to come and get car go ahead. So I'm really trying to keep car and working with them, but giving the level of their incompetence. I fear I might loss my car and being disabled is gonna suck. I have paid car loan for 5 years without a problem you would think they would could do better for you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have 2nd vehicle leased with Chase and every year they send me bulk of mail and add charges to my account for property taxes even I have affidavit on my profile for nontaxable usage. EVERY TIME IT IS A HASSLE TO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF AND TAKES HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH CLUELESS PEOPLE. I wish no manufacturer uses this bank for lease programs. Very low customer service level.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We moved from VA to WV, and I began the process of titling/tagging the car in a new state. The first time I called Chase, I was told I had to call them from the DMV office, and that they would fax an e-title while I waited. On Jan 9th, I called from the DMV as directed, only to be told that the DMV had to fax in a request, and it would take 10 business days to process. The DMV faxed the request, and I checked back in two weeks. At that point, I was told that the title had been mailed to the DMV Headquarters in Charleston, WV, and they should have it by Feb. 4th. I called the WV DMV Headquarters, who informed me that it would need to go to the local DMV office, as they would have no record of me or my request.

I called Chase/Subaru back, and asked if there was any way they could fax a copy of the title to the local office, and they said it would take an hour, and I would need to be at the DMV (same as the first call). Basically, multiple phone calls resulted in me spending a day at the DMV, with no fax ever being sent. I was always told it would 'take an hour', and at one point told that the VIN number of the car was wrong, and that I did not have an account (I read it off of the car). At the end of the day, the last agent informed me that I had waited too late to request the fax, and that it could not be sent until the following day. I am troubled that I had to start at the beginning with each call, and nothing ever seems to happen. I will never again use this company, and will do what I can to get the note paid off ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We purchased a new vehicle using Chase for the loan. When we received our first payment in the mail I went to pay using my credit card and there was no place to do this on the bill. I called Chase and said I want to make a payment using my credit card so I can get air miles. The person tells me they don’t take credit cards only checks. I told her this is the 21st century and not many people have checking accounts. She tells me they used to take them but that Visa charged them too much in fees. REALLY?? So now I have to open a checking account to make my car payment? I will never do business with Chase again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had auto lease w/ Chase - HUGE BAD MISTAKE. When I look back at contract - the dealer put a bunch of stuff in there I should have had removed; nevertheless, I turned the car in and received the itemization and called and tried to "make a deal" to pay them in full. And the 1st lady was super rude so I asked for a Supervisor who was even more rude stating, "You've been late on your payments the whole time" and I responded, "I was late several times but not all the time so that's rude to say." She doesn't know what hardships I have been through, murder of my 18 year old son 3 years ago.

I asked if I paid today would they settle for $2000 instead of the $2235 and she said Chase doesn't make deals. And then I asked if I paid the whole balance if they would remove the bad reporting of 1 30 day on my credit and she stated the same thing. Her tone was demeaning and she was rude. You think Chase would want customers to pay and help them. By their 1 star rating and all the stories and comments - looks like they don't care about their customers. I will never deal with Chase in the future and will tell everyone I can to not deal with them as well. Awful Company. Embarrassing. If I could I would give them negative stars!!! 1 is too good of a review for this company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I sat on hold for over 30 minutes one day. Then the next 45 minutes. As soon as I called back and pressed 2 for dealer services they answered right away and told me it was a 1st come 1st serve basis. Lol. Well if people are on hold for 45 minutes that currently have loans but there is zero wait for dealers to sign people up so they can make more money is a zero wait time I think that's very unprofessional and not fair to loyal current customers. My online account has had multiple phone numbers added on to it that I have no idea whose they were. They kept telling me they removed them but never did. So out of not trusting my important information I deleted my online account. I then tried auto pay over the phone and they had the wrong credit card number on file. I am really scared that these people have access people's life identifies and are so reckless with this information. This company should be shut down through BBB.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

If you need a lenient car loan company this is not it. Maybe stick with credit unions to start and then refinance with the credit union if the loan is too high after about a year. I have been a faithful customer to Chase auto finance for 10 years, two vehicles. I have never once missed a payment. Never once. I have been happy with the options of paying on my app, the customer service, etc. till today. I'm actually just sick over it. I let them know that we have been customers for over 10 years and that we do the majority of our banking through them as well. I let them know we are purchasing a home and we thought we could get their help by extending one payment for 439.00 to help with the process of getting into a home. The lady from the beginning was strangely acting like an investigator before I even provided my name. It was so strange, like they are sworn to protect something, asking all kinds of strange questions in a suspicious tone.

After offering all of my on time payment history information, our family's intent on buying a home, the lady put me on hold, with a (hopeful attitude reflected in her voice for the first time) and then comes back on to say, your request is denied. I asked "why". She said "Because it does not fall into the criteria of being granted an extension". I said, "I called my other bank SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union and they didn't even ask me why I needed an extension, they simply had me sign an e-form and sent me on my way and I was approved". I said what is the criteria for Chase auto? She said she can not provide me with that information and that she didn't know. I said, "So let me get this right, I pay for 10 years on two vehicles and never miss a payment and your loyal customers are not granted even one extension on a payment even when we are trying to do something good and honest"?

Like I said I am sick over this, I just really mostly can't believe how my husband and I have tried so hard to get these payments in, even in hard times and we did that successfully and when we actually need something (one significant thing) that would help us so much, they won't consider it. I have read other reviews on this site and I'm appalled at how people who were even losing their jobs were treated. It scares me to think that if we were ever in a much worse situation that we would most assuredly be denied. I agree with the prior writers on this post, senseless department at Chase Bank. We may refinance the auto loan after getting the home, obviously not getting a home loan through them either.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

So in January of this year I was called and told that I needed to make a payment of just over $1100.00 or my vehicle would go out for repossession so I paid them. The very next month I was told that I still would owe $1000 or the same would happen. Didn't make too much sense but figured hey I don't want that to happen. The very next month I paid $700 (my monthly is $511) then something happened and I was in able to go to work and missed 2 payments. They repoed the vehicle without notice in July. So I figured hey my fault I missed the payments. They charged me just short of $4000.00 and that got me my vehicle back and brought me back to current.

I have made every payment since I got the vehicle back including an overpayment this month. They repossessed my vehicle again last night and they are claiming that I owe them $2000 and was never brought back to current so my payments have been behind 2 months each month I am paying. They told me they did not receive November's payment but I have proof I paid it with the reference number and everything! Does this make any sense to anyone! Because not me so either way they took the car and said I owe them $2000. Well that's 4 months. Why didn't they say anything to me last month or the month before and if I still owe them that much in back payments why didn't they tell me or take the car away in October then? This company sucks. Customer service is so bad and they just lie, cheat and steal from everyone. I will be pursuing legal action against them. If anyone reads this and has had a similar situation please email me.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle, I had it for 8 months, I lost my job. When I lost my job I kept in contact with Chase Auto telling them from day one of my job loss. I did what I could as far as making payments with the unemployment I was receiving. I even called to ask if there was a chance that I could maybe put a payment to the back of my loan when I started to see that I was falling further behind on making my payments. Naturally that answer was NO.

I understand that if you want to keep your vehicle that you have to pay for it. After me becoming 3 months behind I finally talked to one of the many representatives that told me something different with each one I did speak with along with the rudeness I received from some, explained to me if I could make this one payment I would be eligible for a skipped payment. So with this being presented to me, I asked a friend for help to make the payment and I did so. After the money exchanged hands I got transferred to another person on the phone which asked me some questions about my current situation. I then get told that I do not qualify for the skipped payment. I was told the reason was that I was not far enough behind to be granted the skipped payment. Really???

So with that being said I fell further and further behind. I was going to make a 2-month payment and I was told, "Well we will take the money but the repossession order will remain on your vehicle." So the person that was going to help me out with making those 2-month payments decided that they were no longer going to help me, because what was the sense if they were still going to come take it. Which they eventually did come and take it.

I just feel and (this is just my opinion) but wouldn't you think that they would want you to keep your vehicle and work with you on keeping it. But hey who am I?

After they did Repo it I called to find out how much it would be to get it back. They wanted the whole amount remaining on the loan which was $20,000.00 Which takes me back to Wouldn't you think they would want you to keep your vehicle? Needless to say I will NEVER DO ANY KIND OF BANKING WITH CHASE. -Baffled in Ohio

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

After paying off my finance. I was charged sixty dollars for my title. I already Paid motor vehicle fees of 250.00 when I financed my vehicle with Chase. I called Chase in regards to reimbursement for my fees. They pushed the blame on NJ Motor Vehicle. They never sent my title when all fees were paid, just a lien release, which I was told to bring to my DMV to get my title, and get charged again. I have been charged twice for a document I never received. Terrible!! Horrible!! Other finance companies send you your title...not send you to DMV to get charged twice. Shop on people.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Wow - talk about a company taking the worst possible course of action. About six months ago, I switched banks and set up all of my vendors to be paid automatically by the new bank. Unfortunately there was some kind of handshaking error and Chase was not paid for three successive months, of which I had no idea. Rather than pick up the phone or better yet send me a text message or email (as superior vendors such as AMEX and Amazon do), Chase decided to send me letter after letter after letter. I confess that the letters went unread because I do travel a lot and sometimes my mail piles up. But with so any faster, modern means of communication you would think Chase would get with the program. They did not.

They FINALLY got me on the phone three months after the fact (after confessing that they don't leave phone messages either) and I had them paid and the entire situation resolved in less than 2 days. Yet their decision was to ruin my credit rating anyway. They are intractable and don't deviate from their mail-only policy for anyone. Which is why they will continue to get their butts kicked and lose market share going forward. A company that sticks its head in the sand and thinks their customers will stay with them is no company to be doing business with. Do yourself a favor and get your next auto loan that embraces 21st-century technology rather than Chase, which remains stuck in the 20th.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I decided to refinance my auto lease from Honda Finance to Chase Auto Finance in October 2018. The reason I initially chose Chase was to consolidate my banking and auto into one easy spot to access both. I went into a branch for a consultation and was subsequently placed on the phone to complete the application. It was a complete waste of time going into a branch, as they cannot give you any detailed information regarding auto financing. After applying via phone, I received a phone call back from the branch stating I was approved for the loan, and would be receiving a phone call from the auto finance department with my next steps and provided a loan application number; I waited 2 days and no phone call.

1st call - Was not apologetic and told that they needed to call Honda via phone and get the pay off info (which I already provided). Placed on hold and rep came back and stated that they were closed for the day and would need to contact Honda the following day. She set an appointment for 3 pm my time to call me since she needed me on the line when contacting them. Waited another 2 days with no callback.

2nd call - Discussed I never received a phone call as promised for the second time in a row and after note review was told "That was one of my colleagues" and apologized. She offered to contact Honda for me. Waited on hold for quite a while and three wayed in with Honda. Honda gave pay off quote which included the taxes and clearly heard the conversation and took detailed notes. The Chase rep then requested the information in writing via fax and confirmed it was received while on the phone and told everything was good to go. She explained the next step was for me to receive my loan documents via email and to expect within 24 hours; This never happened.

3rd call - Was told the faxed Honda finance payoff was not clear as if they included the taxes. Since it was a Saturday, I had to wait until Monday or agree to add in 1,000 + in taxes and get as a refund at a later time if I wanted the loan documents sent that day. After an hour on the phone and expressing my frustration, the gentleman promised that he would call me back and set an appointment for Monday morning. He called as promised and got things squared away (so I thought). Received online finance documents.

4th call - Drove to CA since I was taking my daughter off the car and she needed to sign documents. Went to bank and was told the paperwork was incomplete since there was not a sale notice provided to be notarized in any of the documents and actually received 2 buyers notices instead. I was lucky enough the notary actually was in the car loan business and knew what to look for. Called Chase and they emailed the correct document. Asked to speak with a supervisor at this point, was asked for the reason and placed on a 30 min hold; I ended the call.

Almost 7 days later and driving to CA, I was furious at the lack of attention to detail and care for their customers. I jumped through hoops to get this done just because I didn't want to have my credit re-ran and have to start the process all over. Today is 12/11/2018 and although I have made 2 car payments to Chase, I have yet to receive my new registration, tags and received a late registration notice from the MVD.

5th call - Told they have 60 days and did not receive the title from Honda until 11/16 and would send a notice to me in the mail asking that they extend my registration. Called the MVD and they stated they have never heard of such, have no record of Chase being the new lean holder and still have record of Honda finance as the lien holder. SO today I will be on my 6th phone call to Chase with approximately 6 to 7 hours of phone time with them. JP Morgan Chase should stick to basic banking since that is about their only capability at this point. Once I receive my registration, I will be considering refinancing at a credit union as I cannot trust that there will not be any future hiccups.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was in perfect standing and paid every month of my Subaru lease on time. I turned the vehicle in and received a $1600 scratch and dent bill. This drove my credit score way down, as it looked like my new Subaru monthly payment was now $1600. I appealed and got a vague response from TransUnion. I got a new letter dated Nov 2 (so received snail mail prob Nov 6) from Chase for $321 (after 3 long discussions with them). Then I got an email from credit Karma Dec 1 stating my credit score dropped due to a late payment! They didn’t even wait 30 days! It dropped 70 points! I appealed with Transunion and Chase told them it’s correct! What kind of practice is this?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have had two successfully paid off auto loans through Chase. I called to get pre-approved for a new car. I was told by two people at Chase that I had to do it at the dealership since they have a special relationship with Subaru, well if they did I still got screwed! Fast forward to the dealership. Everyone knows how a car dealership listens. I was very specific and said I only wanted Chase Bank and to only run my credit through Chase Bank and I was to be the only one on the loan. So needless to say they screwed up and ran it through 10 different agencies along with adding my husband who was not supposed to be on my loan. So then the dealership had to go back the next day and rerun my credit, and even after me specifically saying again I only wanted my credit ran through Chase they ran it through 10 different agencies a second time.

So since Chase refused to pre-approve a loyal customers car loan my credit score has now dropped over 90 points due to an ignorant Subaru dealership. I used to love Chase but after this loan is paid off I will never have anything to do with them again. I will even close my checking and saving accounts. They need to have customer service that will actually help customers who want to stay with Chase. I used always defend Chase to people that hated them, but that will never happen again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

If you plan on purchasing a lease vehicle be prepared for your worst nightmare, I would recommend not to purchase a lease vehicle if title holder is Chase Auto Finance. My situation I purchased a lease car, had my bank send them a check for the purchase within 2 days and after almost 2 months I still have not received a title, I have been renting me a car spending $200/week since the registration cannot be renewed without a title. DMV asked to get a POR (Power of Attorney) so I could at least renew the registration until they locate the title or get a duplicate title. I am still dealing with this trying to call every other week and after almost 2 months they still have not resolved the issue.

I find it ludicrous that Chase has neglected to send me either a title or power of attorney (to extend the registration) in this amount of time. I am completely frustrated by the incompetence exhibited by Chase Auto. I have told the manager that I no longer wanted to buy this car due to Chase’s negligence. Title being so important I do not understand why they can't they send this in a certified mail or express mail having a tracking number so you can trace. So long story short STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I paid off my car loan in August of 2018. I have yet to receive my title from Chase. The first person I spoke to said, "We don't send out titles to Iowa, you just have to got your local DMV and they will give it to you." Nonsense. So, I called and 3X I was told it is "in the mail." Now, "We sent it, you now must pay to get a replacement." They have yet to send THAT paperwork. So, I have retained legal counsel and we are filing against Chase. I contact Subaru and told them of my experience as they choose to work with Chase for loans. NEVER again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

This is the one of the worst companies there is. I have a auto loan with them and someone has stolen my checking information making payments to a Chase credit card that I don’t have!!! They tell me there is no way of tracking if someone is using my account, BS!!! They transferred me 5 times and gave me the run around, they don’t care about their clients. God forbid their account information got messed with. Useless and I am planning of refinancing my auto loan with someone else. They are useless... all of them. I’m so pissed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been paying my bill via the automated phone system. I pay it every time and every time I pay the automated system tells me that I am current and that my next payment is due on such and such date. Well, two days ago I received a call stating that I was 31 days past due. They said claimed that I fell behind and that every time I made a payment via the phone I was paying for the past month which was past due. I explained the lady that the phone system was confusing because it always said I was current. The late payment affected my credit and I told the lady very politely that I had misunderstood the phone system and I asked for a goodwill credit to get the negative mark on my credit removed but she was extremely rude, stated that it was ILLEGAL to remove a mark on my credit report and in so many words implied that I was stupid.

I am never again going with Chase Auto. Their customer service is rude, they are not clear, I never got a notice saying I was late and I still don't know if I was late or if this was some sort of scam. I am very disappointed and in reading these reviews I can see that I was not an isolated incident. I believe that someone should investigate them and put them out of business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I took out a Chase Auto in 2014. A few months later I paid it off. I never received the title, and didn't even think about it until the car was in an accident and totaled. Since I couldn't find the title, I went to the DMV for a duplicate. The lien holder, Chase, was supposed to file an electronic release of lien with the State of Colorado when it was paid off. DMV told me they didn't have it, so I called Chase. They said they filed it 2 1/2 years ago. I told them the DMV didn't have it and asked if they could send another electronic lien release. They wouldn't do it because it's a "legal document" and it has to be sent via regular mail. Well they electronically filed it the first time so why wouldn't they do it again? Now it's a legal document that has to be mailed!

I was on the phone for an hour, first with a rep and then with his supervisor Tony who was worse than the first guy. I needed the title today because the car is sitting in a tow lot racking up a bill of $30.00 per day. Chase could have cared less, they'll stick it in the regular mail when they get to it. They were not willing to expedite it either so I'm supposed to just wait. When I asked the supervisor when I could expect it he said "I don't know," when I asked him to give me a ballpark he said he couldn't "commit to anything." I asked him to call me back later today with a status and he said he would, but of course, he didn't. This is customer service? I will NEVER take out a Chase loan again and I recommend that you don't either.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I unfortunately have fallen on hard times. I was recently laid off from my job and have not been able to find comparable wages in a new job. I had been trying to work with Chase for the last 9 months to no avail. Yesterday, without warning had my car towed to an impound lot. I then got on the phone with them, was transferred 10 different times before landing in the refinance department. I was able to get an approval for a loan with a cosigner, Today 09/25/2018, I was told I had 30 days to accept the loan as it is.

Did some brainstorming and I decided that maybe if I got together some money and put more money down and get less of a loan the payments wouldn't be so high. Well boy was I wrong. I was then transferred 10 more times to departments who had no idea what was going on. Then by the end of the call I was unapproved for the loan. I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR. NEVER USE CHASE AUTO FINANCE. They are unwilling to work with you. They treat their existing customers like garbage. PLEASE CHECK OUT CAPITOL ONE for any and all loans, credit cards, or banking!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Subaru auto finance never released the title lien after paying off my vehicle. Their first excuse was that "I paid it off too soon." Then when I pressed the issue they finally released my electronic title, but released it in a totally different state. This error never would have been caught had I not continuously called my state DMV. Had I made a late payment or a mistake with my finances I would have been penalized, but apparently they are able to be totally negligent with the title to my property.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I got financed through Chase and refinanced through my personal bank, my bank took the loan, Chase slapped me with a $25 finance fee, didn't tell me or my bank or me, my loan got converted to unsecure, interest rate grew, my bank called to tell me they never received the title. Garbage company, super petty, should have just went with Navy Federal from the getgo.

Chase expert review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

• Best for: Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information