Chase Auto
1.05/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Chase Auto

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

493 Chase Auto Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had auto lease w/ Chase - HUGE BAD MISTAKE. When I look back at contract - the dealer put a bunch of stuff in there I should have had removed; nevertheless, I turned the car in and received the itemization and called and tried to "make a deal" to pay them in full. And the 1st lady was super rude so I asked for a Supervisor who was even more rude stating, "You've been late on your payments the whole time" and I responded, "I was late several times but not all the time so that's rude to say." She doesn't know what hardships I have been through, murder of my 18 year old son 3 years ago.

I asked if I paid today would they settle for $2000 instead of the $2235 and she said Chase doesn't make deals. And then I asked if I paid the whole balance if they would remove the bad reporting of 1 30 day on my credit and she stated the same thing. Her tone was demeaning and she was rude. You think Chase would want customers to pay and help them. By their 1 star rating and all the stories and comments - looks like they don't care about their customers. I will never deal with Chase in the future and will tell everyone I can to not deal with them as well. Awful Company. Embarrassing. If I could I would give them negative stars!!! 1 is too good of a review for this company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I sat on hold for over 30 minutes one day. Then the next 45 minutes. As soon as I called back and pressed 2 for dealer services they answered right away and told me it was a 1st come 1st serve basis. Lol. Well if people are on hold for 45 minutes that currently have loans but there is zero wait for dealers to sign people up so they can make more money is a zero wait time I think that's very unprofessional and not fair to loyal current customers. My online account has had multiple phone numbers added on to it that I have no idea whose they were. They kept telling me they removed them but never did. So out of not trusting my important information I deleted my online account. I then tried auto pay over the phone and they had the wrong credit card number on file. I am really scared that these people have access people's life identifies and are so reckless with this information. This company should be shut down through BBB.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

If you need a lenient car loan company this is not it. Maybe stick with credit unions to start and then refinance with the credit union if the loan is too high after about a year. I have been a faithful customer to Chase auto finance for 10 years, two vehicles. I have never once missed a payment. Never once. I have been happy with the options of paying on my app, the customer service, etc. till today. I'm actually just sick over it. I let them know that we have been customers for over 10 years and that we do the majority of our banking through them as well. I let them know we are purchasing a home and we thought we could get their help by extending one payment for 439.00 to help with the process of getting into a home. The lady from the beginning was strangely acting like an investigator before I even provided my name. It was so strange, like they are sworn to protect something, asking all kinds of strange questions in a suspicious tone.

After offering all of my on time payment history information, our family's intent on buying a home, the lady put me on hold, with a (hopeful attitude reflected in her voice for the first time) and then comes back on to say, your request is denied. I asked "why". She said "Because it does not fall into the criteria of being granted an extension". I said, "I called my other bank SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union and they didn't even ask me why I needed an extension, they simply had me sign an e-form and sent me on my way and I was approved". I said what is the criteria for Chase auto? She said she can not provide me with that information and that she didn't know. I said, "So let me get this right, I pay for 10 years on two vehicles and never miss a payment and your loyal customers are not granted even one extension on a payment even when we are trying to do something good and honest"?

Like I said I am sick over this, I just really mostly can't believe how my husband and I have tried so hard to get these payments in, even in hard times and we did that successfully and when we actually need something (one significant thing) that would help us so much, they won't consider it. I have read other reviews on this site and I'm appalled at how people who were even losing their jobs were treated. It scares me to think that if we were ever in a much worse situation that we would most assuredly be denied. I agree with the prior writers on this post, senseless department at Chase Bank. We may refinance the auto loan after getting the home, obviously not getting a home loan through them either.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

So in January of this year I was called and told that I needed to make a payment of just over $1100.00 or my vehicle would go out for repossession so I paid them. The very next month I was told that I still would owe $1000 or the same would happen. Didn't make too much sense but figured hey I don't want that to happen. The very next month I paid $700 (my monthly is $511) then something happened and I was in able to go to work and missed 2 payments. They repoed the vehicle without notice in July. So I figured hey my fault I missed the payments. They charged me just short of $4000.00 and that got me my vehicle back and brought me back to current.

I have made every payment since I got the vehicle back including an overpayment this month. They repossessed my vehicle again last night and they are claiming that I owe them $2000 and was never brought back to current so my payments have been behind 2 months each month I am paying. They told me they did not receive November's payment but I have proof I paid it with the reference number and everything! Does this make any sense to anyone! Because not me so either way they took the car and said I owe them $2000. Well that's 4 months. Why didn't they say anything to me last month or the month before and if I still owe them that much in back payments why didn't they tell me or take the car away in October then? This company sucks. Customer service is so bad and they just lie, cheat and steal from everyone. I will be pursuing legal action against them. If anyone reads this and has had a similar situation please email me.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle, I had it for 8 months, I lost my job. When I lost my job I kept in contact with Chase Auto telling them from day one of my job loss. I did what I could as far as making payments with the unemployment I was receiving. I even called to ask if there was a chance that I could maybe put a payment to the back of my loan when I started to see that I was falling further behind on making my payments. Naturally that answer was NO.

I understand that if you want to keep your vehicle that you have to pay for it. After me becoming 3 months behind I finally talked to one of the many representatives that told me something different with each one I did speak with along with the rudeness I received from some, explained to me if I could make this one payment I would be eligible for a skipped payment. So with this being presented to me, I asked a friend for help to make the payment and I did so. After the money exchanged hands I got transferred to another person on the phone which asked me some questions about my current situation. I then get told that I do not qualify for the skipped payment. I was told the reason was that I was not far enough behind to be granted the skipped payment. Really???

So with that being said I fell further and further behind. I was going to make a 2-month payment and I was told, "Well we will take the money but the repossession order will remain on your vehicle." So the person that was going to help me out with making those 2-month payments decided that they were no longer going to help me, because what was the sense if they were still going to come take it. Which they eventually did come and take it.

I just feel and (this is just my opinion) but wouldn't you think that they would want you to keep your vehicle and work with you on keeping it. But hey who am I?

After they did Repo it I called to find out how much it would be to get it back. They wanted the whole amount remaining on the loan which was $20,000.00 Which takes me back to Wouldn't you think they would want you to keep your vehicle? Needless to say I will NEVER DO ANY KIND OF BANKING WITH CHASE. -Baffled in Ohio

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

After paying off my finance. I was charged sixty dollars for my title. I already Paid motor vehicle fees of 250.00 when I financed my vehicle with Chase. I called Chase in regards to reimbursement for my fees. They pushed the blame on NJ Motor Vehicle. They never sent my title when all fees were paid, just a lien release, which I was told to bring to my DMV to get my title, and get charged again. I have been charged twice for a document I never received. Terrible!! Horrible!! Other finance companies send you your title...not send you to DMV to get charged twice. Shop on people.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Wow - talk about a company taking the worst possible course of action. About six months ago, I switched banks and set up all of my vendors to be paid automatically by the new bank. Unfortunately there was some kind of handshaking error and Chase was not paid for three successive months, of which I had no idea. Rather than pick up the phone or better yet send me a text message or email (as superior vendors such as AMEX and Amazon do), Chase decided to send me letter after letter after letter. I confess that the letters went unread because I do travel a lot and sometimes my mail piles up. But with so any faster, modern means of communication you would think Chase would get with the program. They did not.

They FINALLY got me on the phone three months after the fact (after confessing that they don't leave phone messages either) and I had them paid and the entire situation resolved in less than 2 days. Yet their decision was to ruin my credit rating anyway. They are intractable and don't deviate from their mail-only policy for anyone. Which is why they will continue to get their butts kicked and lose market share going forward. A company that sticks its head in the sand and thinks their customers will stay with them is no company to be doing business with. Do yourself a favor and get your next auto loan that embraces 21st-century technology rather than Chase, which remains stuck in the 20th.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I decided to refinance my auto lease from Honda Finance to Chase Auto Finance in October 2018. The reason I initially chose Chase was to consolidate my banking and auto into one easy spot to access both. I went into a branch for a consultation and was subsequently placed on the phone to complete the application. It was a complete waste of time going into a branch, as they cannot give you any detailed information regarding auto financing. After applying via phone, I received a phone call back from the branch stating I was approved for the loan, and would be receiving a phone call from the auto finance department with my next steps and provided a loan application number; I waited 2 days and no phone call.

1st call - Was not apologetic and told that they needed to call Honda via phone and get the pay off info (which I already provided). Placed on hold and rep came back and stated that they were closed for the day and would need to contact Honda the following day. She set an appointment for 3 pm my time to call me since she needed me on the line when contacting them. Waited another 2 days with no callback.

2nd call - Discussed I never received a phone call as promised for the second time in a row and after note review was told "That was one of my colleagues" and apologized. She offered to contact Honda for me. Waited on hold for quite a while and three wayed in with Honda. Honda gave pay off quote which included the taxes and clearly heard the conversation and took detailed notes. The Chase rep then requested the information in writing via fax and confirmed it was received while on the phone and told everything was good to go. She explained the next step was for me to receive my loan documents via email and to expect within 24 hours; This never happened.

3rd call - Was told the faxed Honda finance payoff was not clear as if they included the taxes. Since it was a Saturday, I had to wait until Monday or agree to add in 1,000 + in taxes and get as a refund at a later time if I wanted the loan documents sent that day. After an hour on the phone and expressing my frustration, the gentleman promised that he would call me back and set an appointment for Monday morning. He called as promised and got things squared away (so I thought). Received online finance documents.

4th call - Drove to CA since I was taking my daughter off the car and she needed to sign documents. Went to bank and was told the paperwork was incomplete since there was not a sale notice provided to be notarized in any of the documents and actually received 2 buyers notices instead. I was lucky enough the notary actually was in the car loan business and knew what to look for. Called Chase and they emailed the correct document. Asked to speak with a supervisor at this point, was asked for the reason and placed on a 30 min hold; I ended the call.

Almost 7 days later and driving to CA, I was furious at the lack of attention to detail and care for their customers. I jumped through hoops to get this done just because I didn't want to have my credit re-ran and have to start the process all over. Today is 12/11/2018 and although I have made 2 car payments to Chase, I have yet to receive my new registration, tags and received a late registration notice from the MVD.

5th call - Told they have 60 days and did not receive the title from Honda until 11/16 and would send a notice to me in the mail asking that they extend my registration. Called the MVD and they stated they have never heard of such, have no record of Chase being the new lean holder and still have record of Honda finance as the lien holder. SO today I will be on my 6th phone call to Chase with approximately 6 to 7 hours of phone time with them. JP Morgan Chase should stick to basic banking since that is about their only capability at this point. Once I receive my registration, I will be considering refinancing at a credit union as I cannot trust that there will not be any future hiccups.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was in perfect standing and paid every month of my Subaru lease on time. I turned the vehicle in and received a $1600 scratch and dent bill. This drove my credit score way down, as it looked like my new Subaru monthly payment was now $1600. I appealed and got a vague response from TransUnion. I got a new letter dated Nov 2 (so received snail mail prob Nov 6) from Chase for $321 (after 3 long discussions with them). Then I got an email from credit Karma Dec 1 stating my credit score dropped due to a late payment! They didn’t even wait 30 days! It dropped 70 points! I appealed with Transunion and Chase told them it’s correct! What kind of practice is this?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have had two successfully paid off auto loans through Chase. I called to get pre-approved for a new car. I was told by two people at Chase that I had to do it at the dealership since they have a special relationship with Subaru, well if they did I still got screwed! Fast forward to the dealership. Everyone knows how a car dealership listens. I was very specific and said I only wanted Chase Bank and to only run my credit through Chase Bank and I was to be the only one on the loan. So needless to say they screwed up and ran it through 10 different agencies along with adding my husband who was not supposed to be on my loan. So then the dealership had to go back the next day and rerun my credit, and even after me specifically saying again I only wanted my credit ran through Chase they ran it through 10 different agencies a second time.

So since Chase refused to pre-approve a loyal customers car loan my credit score has now dropped over 90 points due to an ignorant Subaru dealership. I used to love Chase but after this loan is paid off I will never have anything to do with them again. I will even close my checking and saving accounts. They need to have customer service that will actually help customers who want to stay with Chase. I used always defend Chase to people that hated them, but that will never happen again!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

If you plan on purchasing a lease vehicle be prepared for your worst nightmare, I would recommend not to purchase a lease vehicle if title holder is Chase Auto Finance. My situation I purchased a lease car, had my bank send them a check for the purchase within 2 days and after almost 2 months I still have not received a title, I have been renting me a car spending $200/week since the registration cannot be renewed without a title. DMV asked to get a POR (Power of Attorney) so I could at least renew the registration until they locate the title or get a duplicate title. I am still dealing with this trying to call every other week and after almost 2 months they still have not resolved the issue.

I find it ludicrous that Chase has neglected to send me either a title or power of attorney (to extend the registration) in this amount of time. I am completely frustrated by the incompetence exhibited by Chase Auto. I have told the manager that I no longer wanted to buy this car due to Chase’s negligence. Title being so important I do not understand why they can't they send this in a certified mail or express mail having a tracking number so you can trace. So long story short STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I paid off my car loan in August of 2018. I have yet to receive my title from Chase. The first person I spoke to said, "We don't send out titles to Iowa, you just have to got your local DMV and they will give it to you." Nonsense. So, I called and 3X I was told it is "in the mail." Now, "We sent it, you now must pay to get a replacement." They have yet to send THAT paperwork. So, I have retained legal counsel and we are filing against Chase. I contact Subaru and told them of my experience as they choose to work with Chase for loans. NEVER again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

This is the one of the worst companies there is. I have a auto loan with them and someone has stolen my checking information making payments to a Chase credit card that I don’t have!!! They tell me there is no way of tracking if someone is using my account, BS!!! They transferred me 5 times and gave me the run around, they don’t care about their clients. God forbid their account information got messed with. Useless and I am planning of refinancing my auto loan with someone else. They are useless... all of them. I’m so pissed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been paying my bill via the automated phone system. I pay it every time and every time I pay the automated system tells me that I am current and that my next payment is due on such and such date. Well, two days ago I received a call stating that I was 31 days past due. They said claimed that I fell behind and that every time I made a payment via the phone I was paying for the past month which was past due. I explained the lady that the phone system was confusing because it always said I was current. The late payment affected my credit and I told the lady very politely that I had misunderstood the phone system and I asked for a goodwill credit to get the negative mark on my credit removed but she was extremely rude, stated that it was ILLEGAL to remove a mark on my credit report and in so many words implied that I was stupid.

I am never again going with Chase Auto. Their customer service is rude, they are not clear, I never got a notice saying I was late and I still don't know if I was late or if this was some sort of scam. I am very disappointed and in reading these reviews I can see that I was not an isolated incident. I believe that someone should investigate them and put them out of business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I took out a Chase Auto in 2014. A few months later I paid it off. I never received the title, and didn't even think about it until the car was in an accident and totaled. Since I couldn't find the title, I went to the DMV for a duplicate. The lien holder, Chase, was supposed to file an electronic release of lien with the State of Colorado when it was paid off. DMV told me they didn't have it, so I called Chase. They said they filed it 2 1/2 years ago. I told them the DMV didn't have it and asked if they could send another electronic lien release. They wouldn't do it because it's a "legal document" and it has to be sent via regular mail. Well they electronically filed it the first time so why wouldn't they do it again? Now it's a legal document that has to be mailed!

I was on the phone for an hour, first with a rep and then with his supervisor Tony who was worse than the first guy. I needed the title today because the car is sitting in a tow lot racking up a bill of $30.00 per day. Chase could have cared less, they'll stick it in the regular mail when they get to it. They were not willing to expedite it either so I'm supposed to just wait. When I asked the supervisor when I could expect it he said "I don't know," when I asked him to give me a ballpark he said he couldn't "commit to anything." I asked him to call me back later today with a status and he said he would, but of course, he didn't. This is customer service? I will NEVER take out a Chase loan again and I recommend that you don't either.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I unfortunately have fallen on hard times. I was recently laid off from my job and have not been able to find comparable wages in a new job. I had been trying to work with Chase for the last 9 months to no avail. Yesterday, without warning had my car towed to an impound lot. I then got on the phone with them, was transferred 10 different times before landing in the refinance department. I was able to get an approval for a loan with a cosigner, Today 09/25/2018, I was told I had 30 days to accept the loan as it is.

Did some brainstorming and I decided that maybe if I got together some money and put more money down and get less of a loan the payments wouldn't be so high. Well boy was I wrong. I was then transferred 10 more times to departments who had no idea what was going on. Then by the end of the call I was unapproved for the loan. I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR. NEVER USE CHASE AUTO FINANCE. They are unwilling to work with you. They treat their existing customers like garbage. PLEASE CHECK OUT CAPITOL ONE for any and all loans, credit cards, or banking!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Subaru auto finance never released the title lien after paying off my vehicle. Their first excuse was that "I paid it off too soon." Then when I pressed the issue they finally released my electronic title, but released it in a totally different state. This error never would have been caught had I not continuously called my state DMV. Had I made a late payment or a mistake with my finances I would have been penalized, but apparently they are able to be totally negligent with the title to my property.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I got financed through Chase and refinanced through my personal bank, my bank took the loan, Chase slapped me with a $25 finance fee, didn't tell me or my bank or me, my loan got converted to unsecure, interest rate grew, my bank called to tell me they never received the title. Garbage company, super petty, should have just went with Navy Federal from the getgo.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

CHASE auto loan approved but when I received orders to report to overseas Stuttgart Germany and needed to ship vehicle CHASE failed to provide an authorization letter to the POV shipping point in a timely manner. I spent over 2 days and over 16 hrs on the phone and speaking to over 16 representatives who spoke of 5 day process that involved research department, lawyer reviews, notarization of documents just to name a few of the lengthy undefined procedures that were mentioned. Nobody at CHASE understood where to begin.

Late in the afternoon on the 2nd day the status was it is in the system not sure when it will be reviewed or by who. Wouldn't advise anyone to do business with this bank as it has terrible customer service. Not one of the employees understood or knew how to explain to the customer what would happen. Same answer from all employees wait 5 days to find out. It was clear that the CHASE customer service reps did not know what the process was. So it was a discovery for each employee. No one was confident that they knew what to do.

This was very disappointing and caused me and probably CHASE hundreds of dollars of wasted resources and lost time. Other banks 4 that I have dealt with this rest was satisfied within 15 minutes. NOT 5 DAYS. CHASE you are not that special. Without the customer you are nobody. Again I would warn against doing business with a bank who really made no effort to help. Everyone at CHASE talks about processes that have poor outcomes for their clients.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

After 3 & 1/2 years of within grace period payments, and 1 prior request of loan extension, Chase refuses my small business a payment extension. I am curious to know why bother having a department for this reason, when there seems to be no reason you'd ever be granted one. Due to weather, we are a couple weeks behind. Do I know when the weather will clear? No. Does a person who loses their job know when they'll get a new one? No. Does a sick person know when they'll get better? No. Does someone who's a caregiver, taking time off work to care for a dying family member know when that family member will die to return to work? No. So why bother acting like they will help you out once in a while, it's all just for show & they're wasting their money on this pointless department.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My wife passed away and I had to have her car transferred into my name. Went to the DMV and found out the car still had a lien on it. Wife paid off car early, so I contacted Chase Bank. Well it's true. The loan was paid off 14 years ago, had to wait 2 weeks to have the lien release sent, with the lien release in hand I again went to the DMV only to find out the release was not valid, because they are no longer called Chase Manhattan, back home to call customer service and go through the who process again, and was told that we should have requested that the lien be released. I always thought when you paid the bank the balance of the loan they automatically release the lien. Will never do business with Chase again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had leased a car through Chase Auto with zero problem. Decided to keep the car and had to refinance the loan and decided to go through them. BIG MISTAKE! I was asked to send them a check for over $700 to cover title changes, ok - no problem. Then a couple of weeks later, I get a package with a check made out to my DMV in the amount that I has sent. Ok, seems kind of redundant as I could have just made it out myself when I was at registry. Registry would not accept the check as it was not in full amount needed. Notified Chase and was asked to fax DMV receipt, the check and a letter of explanation. Did that the next day.

Going on almost 4 weeks and numerous phone calls and still have not received reimbursement. Was told to shred check (I didn't). Told the case was being rushed and taken care of, it wasn't. Plain and simple Chase has not reimbursed me the check as of this review, I was told several different things on phone calls and passed from one department and person to another. Can't wait to refinance somewhere else AND close and cut up my card with them. Horrible Horrible customer service and satisfaction.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Never lease a car with Chase Auto, your payment will go up and they will charge you whatever tax rate they want to charge. They will not listen to you. They will not let you talk to a manager. The dealership even tried to call them and help us. They would not let them talk to a manager either. Had to trade the car off to get out from having to pay way over the payment that we agreed to when we purchased the car.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I bought a Subaru in end of 2014 and have been paying it off regularly. I was late on a few payments and paid them. My car is 18000. Paid off with 16000 left for a compact hybrid modest car. On Monday night my car was taken from my driveway. I thought it was stolen. No warning or threat of this happening ever came from Chase AUTO LOAN. I pay ALL my payments online in their secure transfer from CHASE BANK. When I called my bank, they reviewed my payments and agreed, something is off. For late payments (not in excess of approx. 100 days) this car should not have been repossessed or left at the redemption (what a way to describe thieves) center.

The redemption center, equipped with people who are "shady" to put it kindly, demands full payment of the remainder of my loan within 10 days and said they're selling it at auction and will serve me with a bill for whatever is remaining on the loan or I'll be put in jail. This is going to turn into an eyewitness news scam alert. I called Subaru as well, sent a confidential representative into Chase Car Loan and it remains a "red flag" on them. Chase Car Loan is going out of business, and is not supposed to repossess a car without notification and a demand for whatever payment (maybe a month's late payment? I pay my car loan). Not this.

This is deceitful and illegal. They have got to be exposed and I want my car returned. A lawsuit seems to be the next step because Chase Car Loan has put me on hold, transferred my calls then hung up and is making sure they send the message that they are guilty. Like I said, my entire dilemma is under investigation by Chase Banking as I type. This experience is not going by unnoticed and I won't be scammed for 16000 from a bank of their choice which will just become another scam. Subaru as well has them flagged.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Contacted Chase because I had surgery & missed several weeks of work, so I asked to defer a payment. I have had my vehicle for over a year & payments have never been late. Chase refused to defer the payment just because they can, I wouldn't advise anyone to finance a vehicle through Chase because they suck. I plan to refinance my vehicle & stay away from Chase forever. Thanks Chase for nothing!!!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I've been with Chase for over 4 years, always paid on time, not once late or deferred. Paid off my car loan early on June 4th. It is now 3 weeks later and still getting the run around from customer service. I have spoken to 8 different people, 2 whom "claim" to be supervisors and have gotten a different story from each on to why my title has not been released. Seriously, 8 different stories. The latest is that the dealership had given the DMV the wrong address for Chase.

When I asked how long this was now going to take, she answered me this.."well I'm not going to give you a timeline because since we are not working on your schedule, I don't want this to happen again." (This) being me calling and wondering why the ** title has not been released yet. Each time I call the answer was, "no later than 48 hours." So each 48 hours I have called trying to find out why it hadn't been released. Still waiting... I should have read all these reviews before I took the loan. Live and learn. I will never use Chase for anything ever again. I hope this helps someone make the same decision. @chasebank @chaseautoloan @chaseautofinance

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

Finally a positive statement to offer about my Chase auto loan experience. It is attributed to an OUTSTANDING employee (Deardra) that researched the discrepancies between my check payments and their "past due notices." She began at the beginning of my payment history and traced the problem to a variety of factors, all originating from Chase. She was thorough, professional and PROMPT! Two days of my time were spent on the phone w/ numerous "specialists" and she resolved the issue w/ genuine concern and expertise. This employee should be promoted to the research department!

Original review: June 15, 2018

3 years of paying (ON TIME) monthly car payments w/ no issues. This year, Chase auto loan service has issued "late payments" warnings to me when payments were actually made on a timely basis through Edward Jones Financial Services (my investment account). They claim "lost" checks, and when 2 ENTIRE days were spent on the phone or near the phone waiting for a call from Chase "escalation specialists", still no resolution to the problem, CREATED BY THEM. The COMMUNICATIONS between departments at that HUGE corporation is ABSENT. The latest "escalation specialist" told me "the processing department does not communicate with the research department and they do not speak w/ customers..." Therefore any simple info. to solve the problem (i.e. check #s etc. is out of the question).

I tried to go to the source w/ check numbers etc to get the problem resolved. Maybe the "all over the map" locations for their services is the problem or computer hacking? Checks are sent to Ft. Worth, Texas, the Subaru Chase Auto loans are in Phoenix, Az, and the "specialists on the phone" are in Florida!!! Communication Problem, go figure??? I am a retired elementary teacher and this B.S is so obvious... I have NEVER missed any bill payment in all my 62 years. DO NOT use Chase as your auto loan resource!!! Totally incompetent and customer service is an illusion. All the "recordings" of your phone interactions obviously have no EFFECT on the ETHICS of their "bottom line" which is INDEED AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

In 2014 I leased a Mazda vehicle and the dealership tied me to Chase Auto financing. On recently attempting to buy my lease, I had my bank organize a loan and the paperwork, which they promptly acted on. Chase was called to confirm if a sales tax was required and they confirmed it was not. The loan went through a few weeks ago but today I hear back from my bank after they visited the DMV and were told a sales tax of 6.25% is required. I had to get that amount cleared by today to avoid incurring penalties! I double checked with my bank and confirmed that Chase declared zero sales tax when asked before. I cannot believe how incompetent and lacking in professional courtesy Chase has been here. I'm never going through any dealings with them in future. My auto dealership will also be hearing from me...

Original review: June 1, 2018

Beware - when paying off a title, they will send you a "lien release" letter that you must take to the DMV and pay for a duplicate title. This is suppose to already be done by the bank when the lien is release. They are pocketing money. Such a shame. Do not expect to get reimbursed for a duplicate either. They will send request after request and eventually if you keep calling, they will tell you no. Horrible customer service!

Original review: May 11, 2018

My experience with Chase Auto Finance was fine until I was ready to pay off the account. I spent a combined 3.5 hours on the phone, talking to approximately 7 different representatives and 4 different supervisors. Each person told me different information (amount of time for a title release after pay off of my vehicle, whether or not phone conversations could be listened to, etc), and I was transferred quickly to different departments.

I was told I would receive calls back from Portia in Customer Service and Jamie in Collections on Wednesday by the latest (it is Friday and no phone call), and in all, I would say I talked to 1 person that felt like she was dedicated to my experience. I don't feel like I was listened to, which is probably the most frustrating. I will never again do business with Chase, and I am shocked that Subaru continues their relationship after reading all the other complaints. It sounds like I am one of many that have endured the painful customer (un)service that Chase Auto Finance has.

Chase expert review by Lauren Fix

Chase is one of the leading providers of auto loans in the country. They provide loans at competitive interest rates for a variety of automobile purchases.

• Purchasing options: Chase offers loans for purchasing both new and used cars from a huge number of well-known and reputable car dealerships across the United States. This wide network is convenient for many customers, no matter where they are purchasing a car.

• Online applications: The company allows users to apply online and receive an immediate decision on their loan. From there, Chase contacts the applicant to discuss the next steps for finding the right car to purchase.

• Discounts for Chase clients: For customers with a Chase checking account, users can get additional rate discounts on their loans. Depending on the terms of the deal they could get a low APR on their loan, as well as monthly payments that allow them to pay off their loans more quickly in order to keep interest rates down.

• Refinancing: In addition to loans for new and used cars, Chase offers options to refinance existing automobile loans in order to save buyers money.

• Resources: Chase also offers resources for loan applicants, like a car loan payment calculator, purchasing checklist and refinancing checklist.

• Best for: Customers with a Chase Bank or JP Morgan accounts and customers looking for a low APR loan on a car.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Chase Auto Company Information