2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: July 26, 2020

This mortgage was purchased by BSI and everything was fine until I changed my payments to bi-weekly and each payment was equal to a full payment thereby affording me the opportunity to accelerate the payoff and pay a 30 year mortgage in 5 years. BSI suspended my account without notice and when notified they claimed I suspended the account which must be done in writing and that never happened. To help them correct the error I made 3 payments all equal to a full payment to get them back on the correct plan. They confirmed in writing on 5 occasions that they were going to process the payments as instructed.

In June they deducted a half payment as opposed to 2 full payments. In July they again missed the payment date and amount. I escalated this to their customer service manager who then turned it over to another manager who assured me everything was fixed. I am now sitting with I applied payments and have no idea how the prior payment led have been applied. I was assured this was going to be reviewed daily until it was corrected. I have heard nothing in 10 days and the outstanding principal is incorrect.

I have called, emailed, and copied the VP who is also their Senior Council and have had no response. I have asked for a corrected amortization schedule and none has ever been provided. The account history is impossible to decipher and they continue to state that they are working on the problem, but after 10 days of silence I must take action starting with this complaint. With so many unable to make a mortgage payment you would think they would be delighted that someone wants to make 13 EXTRA payments. I have owned 14 homes and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had.

Eric,

I'm sorry that you've experienced this situation. It was my understanding that all of your issues were addressed. I'll follow up with Ashley the supervisor you were working with and have her call you. I want to ensure all your concerns are addressed.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have a mortgage with BSI for a litter over a year. My first concern was after three months of having the loan I receive correspondence that my insurance is not current, and they were going to find me an insurance carrier and charge me a higher rate for insurance, if I do not get my own insurance. I panic and reach out to my insurance provider and they immediately state the following when I tell them it’s BSI, “I deal with BSI a lot and this is a common practice with them BSI”. Proof of insurance is sent and one would think this matter would be resolved. I can’t make this up, four months later they send the exact same correspondence about insurance and this time they charge me and have to give a refund once proof of insurance is provided.

Does it get worse with them? YES! I am in the middle of a refinance, I have recurring payments with BSI, never had any NSF on my mortgage payment, BUT they have documented in my account that I am 30 days late for two months (how when my bank statements ACH from BSI on the 1st of every month). I am on the 3rd call back trying to get this resolved and have sent two emails with no response.

Good Morning Monique,

I'm so sorry to read your online review. Due to privacy, I am unable to identify you or your account solely by your first name. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I may address your issues. Again, we apologize for this situation but I can assure you we can get clarification and the matters resolved.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 23, 2020

We are going through a very hard financial hardship and tea feel lost, we try talking to someone about our options but for what we were told is our forbearance may expire and we don’t have money and don’t want to lose our home but we have left messages and no call back for the past week. Please help.

Good Morning Mapi,

This is definitely trying times for us all. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I may review your account. I'd like to ensure that all possible options have been reviewed and considered.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 17, 2020

Like the litany of others with the misfortune of having a mortgage sold to this lender, note it's foreign owned. Failure starts with their inability to take payment when the loan is paid. They regularly harass you for additional payments every month despite providing evidence they have obtained payment. Even deny they make errors in updating their system, after one rep already confirms payments received. They do not report to the credit agencies. They claim investor notes are personal, in other instances personal notes are investor notes.

Should be shut down. Judging by the endless 1 star reviews (even the one 5 star review was actually negative) do your best to avoid this fraudulent service agency. IF YOU ARE UNFORTUNATE to have a note sold without your approval to this predatory lender, then resort to what I am doing and match their rude behavior. The low life's that work there deserve it... If they are truly good people they will walk from the job.

Good Morning,

Please provide me with your name, account number and contact information. I'd like to assist you personally.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 8, 2020

My mortgage was transferred from previous servicer back in Jan 2020 & it's been a clown show since. The latest issue is BSI fumbling & losing a payment made via Western Union. My account is 36 days delinquent because of it & I know their incompetence will not be considered towards my credit report. Supposedly, it's "being investigated," but I think I will have the CFPB join the investigation of my account.

Good Morning,

Please provide me with your name, account number and contact information. While this sounds like an issue on Western Union I'd be happy to assist.

Daniel

Original review: June 30, 2020

I was informed in May by my mortgage company (had been with them for 10 years and loved them) that my mortgage was recently sold to BSI Financial. This has been a complete joke since the start. I wanted to pay my mortgage on the first of the month like I always do, but I couldn't because they didn't have an account number for me. 2 weeks later I finally received one after leaving multiple messages on their customer service number. They never answer their customer service number...just a FYI. Which relates to my next encounter.

My insurance company (rhymes with Hall State) informed me that they haven't been paid for homeowner's insurance and that they had called 7 times with no return phone call. I personally left 5 voicemails indicating I wanted someone to get this resolved or my insurance would be canceled. Today, on June 29th, I received a threatening letter from BSI Financial that my insurance policy had expired (not true) and that they were buying my insurance for me which would be more expensive and less coverage. WHAT A JOKE!! I plan on refinancing tomorrow. This company is an utmost disgrace to anyone who is a client of theirs. I think most of the reviews here say the same thing... but nothing has changed which means they don't care.

Good Morning,

Please provide me your complete name, account number and phone number. I can resolve your issues immediately.

Daniel

Original review: June 18, 2020

I made my payment for May on time, but the check did not get deposited. So I went on BSI Financial website on May 29th and made another payment, and the money was not taken out from my account, so I waited to see if there was a delay with the bank due to everything going around right now. But while waiting, BSI financial made a credit report to Avantus, stating that I was past due on my mortgage, which resulted in dropping my credit score. I went on the BSI app, and it does say that I made my payment for May 29th, and I even have the confirmation number.

I made another payment on June 17th for May and June’s mortgage, but the money has not been taken out of the bank account. How could you report me to the credit company when my mortgage has been received, and I even have a confirmation number for the payment in May. I called plenty of times and email, but no replies. This situation is not fair and is ridiculous; my credit score should not drop because of the mistake of your company. How are you going to fix this? I need your company to take responsibility and fix the mistake that was made.

Good Morning Paul,

I'm sorry that you've experienced this situation. I'm interested to know the details of this scenario. For privacy reasons I'm unable to identify you and your account. Please send me a PM and include your full name, account number and property address. I'll be more than happy to review your issues and address your concerns.

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 16, 2020

I have tried for 2 months to get an explanation as to why my monthly payment has gone up $353.47 per month, I have tried calling, using the email in the website with no response. I would not recommend BSI to anyone.

Good Morning Lee,

Sorry to hear this feedback. We are extremely busy just like any other financial institution during this world pandemic. Please reply back with your full name, account number and address. I'll return the call immediately and assure you get the explanations needed.

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 11, 2020

What this company is doing is borderline if not illegal. Trying to refinance & been waiting for 3 weeks for any type of response. Loan officer & myself call, email, fax EVERYDAY with no avail. They are emotionally & financially messing with my family. I’ve done everything I can think of. Only thing left is legal matter. BSI, please just do your job correctly and help your customers....please!

Good Morning Jason,

I'm sorry to read your review. Please reply back to this message with your full name, address and phone number. Our loan origination team is extremely busy as our rates are low. Please accept our apology and know that we are working diligently to ensure all calls are being returned.

Daniel

Original review: June 10, 2020

My previous mortgage lender sold my loan to these crooks. I got a letter from my previous lender less than two weeks before my payment was due, saying to start sending my money to BSI Financial. Didn't have a new account number, didn't have anything that would get me into their (terrible) online portal. Then, when my payment was due, I was expecting a bill in the mail. Nothing. Not. A. Single. Thing. I then called BSI to get my account number to try and get my online account set up. Dumped me to a voicemail box after sitting on hold for 10 minutes. I left a voicemail. No call back.

I called again a week later. Same feces, different toilet. No call back. I finally decided to forgo the waiting on the phone, and instead pressed 1 for a callback (I have their phone tree memorized now). Got a call back, finally got my account number. Set up my online account, only to find out I was 9 days past due on a bill I never received. Set up a payment... $7 extra fee to make an online payment. Didn't have that with my previous lender. Just wow. Way to nickel and dime. Signs of a terrible company Paid it anyway because I don't like making late payments. I'll mail a check from my credit.

I now want a copy of my printed statement for the month for my records. Tried to print one from the web portal - No statements available. Called in again. Waited 45 minutes for a call back only to have them let my phone ring one time, then hang up. Called again and waited another 45 minutes for a call back, only to find out they can't give me a paper statement. I asked them what would've happened if I hadn't been proactive about this. "If I wasn't on top of my finances, and you bought my loan, you're telling me that I would have had no idea that I had a bill due?" Didn't really get an answer to that other than "Didn't you get a welcome packet?". No. No, I have never received a SINGLE piece of mail from BSI Financial. I got hung up on. BSI Financial should drop the "I" from their name. It would be more fitting. Stay away. Stay very far away. I'll be looking to refinance soon.

Good Morning Brady,

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions and give your better assurance that we are here to help. Again, I apologize for your initial experience and hope that we serve you better in subsequent times. Please use my personal contact information in the future if you require additional assistance.

BSI Financial Services Company Information