1.16/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

BSI Financial Services

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

BSI Financial Services Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

BSI bought my loan. My husband passed away this year. I have worked so hard paying the last 2.085 off. On my balance was 10100. I sent in 7.100 then I sent in 2000 last month. Do the math. How do I still owe 2.085? The only mortgage company I ever dealt with will not tell you your pay off unless you requested by mail. I will be so greatly to finally get rid of these people. Lord no don’t try and tell them your hardship. They have no remorse. Very RUDE customer service!!!

Mrs. Trout,

First, I would like to apologize for the troubles and frustration that you experienced lately. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you still may be having. On behalf of BSI Financial we offer our sincerest condolences for your loss. We will be in contact shortly.

Daniel Montez

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I was with BSI from for a little under a year and they only successfully paid my taxes once. The first tax payment they applied to a property that has a similar address as mine. Ironically the amount that was taken from escrow was the amount the other property owed. I’m still trying to get that money back. The second payment was correct but that went towards the first tax payment. The third tax payment they tried to send to the same wrong address but since that address already paid, the amount that the other property owed was kicked back to me.

So my tax office is telling me that I owe back taxes and that the money that came from my escrow account went to a different property address altogether. Even though I paid my mortgage every single month! I’ve been in constant communication with BSI and the first time I talked to them they told me it wasn’t their problem since they weren’t servicing my loan anymore. However they are the company that messed it up. Good customer service means to fix whatever mistakes your company makes and to make it right.

Hi Tia,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account under your google name. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at 800-327-7861 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 18, 2019

I have been attempting to do a modification for almost a year now. They refuse to do anything in writing (no "proof"?). They don't bother answering. I cannot call during the day so do my business by email. There was a misunderstanding on my part in the beginning of this process and they refuse to work with me to correct it and so have thoroughly messed up my credit report. This company does NOT have the customer's interest in mind in any way.

Good Morning Sally,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company does not know how to manage an escrow account. They are late paying property taxes and my homeowners insurance lapsed even though State Farm started asking for the premium three months in advance. I spent an hour on the phone last night trying to unscrew it with them. From reading these reviews it sounds like this is standard practice for this company. They need to be investigated. I have worked in the housing industry and I know these practices are illegal.

Hi Chris,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us via phone or email for additional assistance or contact me directly.

Management

Original review: June 30, 2019

BSI is the most disorganized company that I have ever experienced. We send out or mortgage payments on time but it takes them 2 or more months to cash them then, they threaten us with for foreclosure when they have the checks!!! You can never talk to anyone and they don't return your calls. Yesterday my neighbor saw some guy looking over our house and asked why he was there. He said the house was up for auction the next day at 10 am! We never received anything about foreclosure from the lawyer that represents them and BSI. If my neighbor had not seen this guy we both would have gone to work and come home to a foreclosed home. Our lawyer has told us that out of all the Lending companies he has to deal with BSI is the worst. We may lose our home today because of these idiots. I will update this post once we find out what is going on. In the meantime stay far away from this company.

Hi Kenneth,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. The scenario you're providing is not typical unless you are in default or due for an inspection under the terms of your contract.Please reach out to us for additional assistance as I'm curious to get more details regarding this situation.

Management

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: June 27, 2019

BSI acquired our mortgage thru the sale of notes by another mortgage institution. We are not behind or in bankruptcy NOR have we ever filed bankruptcy. Ever since they have managed our mortgage they refuse to pay our flood ins. Every year I fax the paperwork over & give all the details & they never pay it, which is a violation of my FEMA loan I have on the property. As long as my FEMA loan is active I am required to carry the Government FLOOD Ins. (BSI does not manage my FEMA Loan). Now they are “Misplacing” my payments?? (June 2019) Even though my check cleared the bank (On 3rd of June) they can’t seem to find my payment or even locate where it might have gone.

It is so difficult to deal with this unfriendly unhelpful group of scavengers. I am worn out from telling the same story to every person at the other end of the phone. I can only imagine what it is like if you have a blemish on your credit when trying to deal with them. They seem to want to throw obstacles in front of me. I pray to God my paper will get sold to another institution so I can get away them.

Good Morning Carol,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. When a loan transfers there are so many details to these scenarios. Unfortunately I am unable to locate your loan by only your first name. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: June 13, 2019

By reading all the other reviews this must be BSI’s MO. I have experienced the same thing. Our loan was sold 3 times & unfortunately BSI was last to purchase it. Bankruptcy was discharged 12/7/2018. The trustee made Nov 2018 payment on 10/31/2018. I made Dec 2018 payment on Dec 1st. They say I am 1 month behind on payments. Have been trying to get a resolution & still nothing. My attorney sent a letter & documents. Still nothing. Every time I call, it is a different person with a different request. They are a low down company.

On October 3 2018, BSI agrees that loan is NOT in arrears. Got the court documents. On 6/5/2019 I get an yearly escrow review stating my housenote is going up 600.00 by July 1 & Now BSI says I am 8,000 in arrears. Unbelievable. I guess BSI doesn’t have to follow Federal Bankruptcy laws & can commit perjury with no consequences. I see they are unaccredited & not a member of BBB. The Federal Government needs to investigate them & shut them down.

Hi Christy,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further as I can not identify you solely by your first name. While there are many factors to someone in Bankruptcy each case is different. Please reach out to us for additional assistance or contact me directly.

Management

Original review: May 29, 2019

I don't normally write reviews but BSI warrants one. Unfortunately like others my mortgage on a rental property was transferred to them. They escrow my insurance every month on top of the loan payment. Someone misread the insurance costs as being $4008 for a regular homeowners policy and $4008 for a flood policy. Yes they actually think my insurance cost is $8016 a year. Numerous phone calls, at least 30 minutes per call, most a lot longer. Managers, emails, promises to look into it and call back. 8 months later they still have not fixed it, called, nothing.

Do you think I could get back my 11k in escrow some time soon BSI?? Honestly avoid them if you can, calling customer service is like talking to a piece of lumber. Same result. Now when I get rental property mortgages, first question I ask is the note being sold to BSI or are they involved in any way. Long story short if anything goes wrong do not expect these guys to care or help you in any way. Beware!

Good Morning Jeff,

I'm pleased to hear we've clarified and addressed this issue. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. Please feel free to contact me directly in the case you require assistance in the future.

Management

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had the misfortune of having my loan transferred to this organization. They are amateurs at loan industry, they seem to be debt collectors that are making forays into the home loan industry. To date I have had to contact them 3 times to ensure that my insurance and taxes are paid properly and on time from MY escrow funds. The escrow department apparently is unable (more likely unwilling) to take calls from customer and requires that you work with customer service. Customer service is empowered to send the escrow department an email and to tell the customer that they, customer service, will call the customer back.

After some time 30 plus days they will respond to the wrong question (that was never asked), or better yet provide a response with has nothing to do with the situation. Being a person that believes in being part of the solution, I offered to manage my escrow myself to assist them in a function they seem unable to do. They sent me three denials to of which were incorrect:

1. Escrow balance too low?
      2. Type of loan requires an escrow (it does not).

3. Loan has to be "seasoned". In other words I have to be tortured by BSI for 20 more months, before they come up with the next excuse/lie.

Hi Eric,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you by solely your first name. Please note that I'd like to assist you personally in getting this matter resolved immediately. Please reach out to us and your call will be directed to me personally or one of our supervisor.

Management

Original review: April 30, 2019

I tried reaching out to my "Account Rep" (whom they say is the only person that can help me) the first of January 2019. After about my 20th call, middle of March, he finally talked to me. Told me to do something and get back up with him and gave me his email address. I did what he asked and he answered me one time. Told me he was working on it. Never heard back. Tried over and over to reach him. Won't answer me. This isn't the first time this has happened. You can never to talk to you account rep. I've had many issues with this company. They are horrible. It took them over a year at one point to start drafting my payments after begging for that whole year. This company is so bad, it should be shut down. They are ruining people's lives. We are talking about people's homes. And they don't care.

Good Morning Michelle,