Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

1.1/5 (90 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About BSI Financial Services

BSI Financial is a loan service provider that specializes in mortgage maintenance. It partners with five different mortgage lenders to help you compare various rates and loan perks. The company’s services are available nationwide, and you can apply for loans through its website.

Pros

• Compares rates from five lenders
  • Bill pay online
  • Available nationwide
  • Online application

Cons

• Limited information on the website
  • Not a direct lender

Bottom Line

BSI Financial is a loan service provider for individuals and businesses. You can pay your bills and manage your mortgage through BSI online. However, the company has limited information about its loans on its website.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: July 9, 2021

This department is the most unprofessional group I have ever encountered. From a complete lack of understanding of if a loan does, or does not, have a UCC filing, to being non-responsive, to delays, to mistakes, to poor communication, to absolutely no proactive service; their lack of recognizing the value of a customer is astounding. For over 90 days we've been trying to have our loan subordination processed and approved to refinance our home with our primary lender. We are at risk of losing our lower interest rate due to this department holding our loan subordination hostage. This blackhole needs to be examined by BSI Sr. Management immediately.

Generally the customer service for the loan servicing is excellent, but this department seems to have absolutely no governance or oversight. You cannot reach a manager, or any POC via phone and they are pitifully slow to respond to email. BSI purchased our loan so this was not our choice to do business with them. I would never recommend this company.

Good Morning Paula,

I'm sorry to read about your experience with this situation. I'd like to assist you in resolving this matter. Please send me your name, account number, property address and best contact number. I'll have a call made to you upon your reply.

Daniel Montez

Original review: July 6, 2021

Updated on 07/14/2021: They responded to my review to make it look like they were going to fix my account but the PR specialist on here has still yet to contact us so it's all lip service to appear like they're reacting to complaints. Don't be fooled, worst of the worst companies out there

Original Review: Our mortgage was transferred to this company shortly before we listed our house for sale and they've been a nightmare to work with compared to our previous mortgage company. Phone calls go straight to voice mail, emails are unanswered for weeks until you send multiple emails and then the answered provided are generic form answered to questions you didn't even ask. Getting any assistance has been a nightmare and we're now almost 45 days in to the prices still trying to get a single piece of paper from them to complete the sale and still nowhere. I've worked with 4 contacts at this company and all were less receptive than the previous representative,

I'm convinced this company exists solely to try and force foreclosures on the homeowners whose mortgages they hold, a simple Google search will confirm I'm not the only one saying this among their customers and they've been successful in doing so to many homeowners. Wish there was a recourse to doing business with this company but unfortunately it seems we're stuck with them until they decide to do the right thing or can successfully steal our house out from under us with their deceptive practices.

Good Morning Pete,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 29, 2021

Absolutely horrible company to deal with. I am now on my 5th point of contact, and none of them have given consistent answers to my questions. I've never received a return phone call from them despite leaving numerous messages for each of them. The only time I am able to speak to someone is when I call and ask to speak to literally anyone else since my P.O.C are always "on another call" or "away from their desk". It's almost worth refinancing my mortgage just so I don't have to deal with BSI for a while. How they remain in business is a true mystery.

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 23, 2021

This mortgage company is horrible. They don't post your payments then when you send proof to them they tell you it's not good enough proof and make you do a modification to your loan and incur thousands of dollars in fees and raise your interest rate and even after you do a modification and never miss a payment make the payments thru Western Union so that Western Union can get involved when they say you have not made payment cause they gonna try everything they can to take your house. It's a joke and they should be fined thousands of dollars and put out of business but as long as people keep using them as a mortgage company they will exist. DO NOT DO IT. DO NOT FINANCE WITH THEM. THEY LIE THEY STEAL AND THEY ARE JUST HORRIBLE PEOPLE. They don't care that they try to take a home from a veteran that fought for this country that makes his payments every single month on time. A true shame!!! Be warned. They are horrible.

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 21, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.. They bought out my loan 3 months ago and I have had to call them after each payment...they can NEVER get my acc't number right and charge a late fee even though I pay it a week early...have them read my number back and I still get a letter saying it is late because of wrong bank acc't number...

Good Morning Nina,

Daniel Montez

Original review: June 20, 2021

We had some damage to our home after several storms and filed a claim on our homeowner's insurance to get it fixed..Because the damage was over $5000 BSI had to be notified..However, when we received the check it was made out to us and BSI, per their instructions. Now, after giving them everything they have asked for, we still have not gotten our house fixed because they will not release our money. Every time I talk to them, there is another excuse as to why. This has been going on since Oct of 2020. If I had to choose between BSI again or living under a bridge, it would be the bridge. I did report them to the Texas Attorney General. They have no right to hold money that never belonged to them and in the meantime, the damage to my house has gotten worse. I would love to see them shut down permanently!

Good Morning Susane,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 30, 2021

I experienced the exact same problem as Matthew below. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I don't understand how hard it is for any of the account managers to get back to you. I have called, left voice messages and emailed numerous times over the past SIX MONTHS and they just don't get back to you. When you call customer service no one knows anything nor can they do anything to help you. My loan was supposed to come off of the forbearance over SIX MONTHS AGO and they still have not adjusted my account. I cannot stress enough how horrible this company is.

Good Morning Shiran,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 25, 2021

We applied for a loan modification back in February. We were told that it would take about 5-10 business days to get an answer. We still have not heard from anyone yet. We have called several several times, left messages, emailed people and cannot get anyone to call us back. When we call customer service all they say is, "We will transfer your call to your point of contact." Well...that gets me nowhere because they will not call me back. I don't know what to do. We spent several days gathering up all the info that they needed and you would think they would at least call me back. Worst mortgage company ever. I can see why others only give it one star.

Good Morning Tonya,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 20, 2021

The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. My loan is in COVID forbearance and we are due to come off of it on 4/30 to go over options. I cannot count how many times I have called to speak to my account manager. When your loan goes into forbearance, there is only ONE person you can speak with about your loan. You cannot speak to any other customer service reps. My account manager does not call me back and respond to any of my inquiries.

With the pandemic, people's lives have changed forever and it's hard to get back on your feet. They should be working with us and much more attentive. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to talk to any rep to handle my forbearance plan. Virtually, I just have to pray and close my eyes hoping that I get a call back. I keep a log of how many times I call per day. I cannot believe this is the company I got stuck with. It feels like I am in hell and would pay large sums of money to get out from under their thumb. I need to know that I can call and speak to somebody that day if I have a problem. Not, "Oh they have 3 business days to call you back." That is not how business or account management works. Disgraceful.

Good Morning Matthew,

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 19, 2021

I have been trying to serve my client for over a year now, Trying to do a short sale with BSI is impossible, I have been calling them weekly for the past year, begging to get somebody involve, Not sure if they want to foreclose on the house instead of short sale,, and that would it be suspicious since this was already approved with the previous servicer there is no reason a lot. I need to escalate this but even then there is no one in charge. Now the seller will lose the house, the realtor a deal, and a very angry buyer, and I wasted a year. Terrible! They don't know what they are doing basically.

BSI Financial Services Company Information