2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: May 27, 2020

Bad luck that my MTG lender failed and had to be bailed out,- somehow BSI wound up with my account! They do not maintain sufficient records or information on accounts and force their service people to struggle and BS their way (with half baked answers) to just get you off the phone. You are left to pick up the pieces yourself and be exposed to further problems. They create problems for their customers that are not there and develop customer financial risk at no fault of the borrower. Frustrating to deal with and dangerous to your financial well being! Avoid BSI! How does a shabby operation like this stay in business? Also note that BSI has violated multiple federal laws over many years resulting in an investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (see GOOGLE).

Good afternoon E,

I'm sorry to read your comments below. If you require assistance please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Thanks,

Daniel

Original review: May 26, 2020

Customer Service. How come no one ever picks up the phone nor return any calls? I've been trying to contact you for over a month to request for a payoff. I requested the payoff through the automatic system and it says it will take 5 days. However, I still have not received anything back. How can we get this resolved and have someone contact me?

Good Morning Rosemary,

I apologize for this situation. I'm sure you can imagine how extremely busy we are due to many homeowners needing assistance with their mortgage.Your information is kept confidential here, however if you reply back in a PM I can identify your account and have an agent call you. Please provide your name and account number along with the property address.

Thanks,

Daniel

Original review: May 18, 2020

Absolutely horrible customer service. Getting a payoff form took over 2 weeks and literally calling them daily. NOW I refinanced 2 months ago BSI never acknowledged the wire transfer and another wire transfer was done last week and they have yet to answer their phones. They have my account as delinquent. I already started making payments on my new account with a different mortgage lender. ANSWER YOUR PHONE. Respond to emails, I have tried via fax and NOTHING!!!! Not only that. Someone from BSI came to my house to make sure the house wasn't abandoned, but they can not return a call, email or respond to a fax. I call at least 20 times a day and sometimes I have to hold for over 40 minutes at a time.

Good Morning Mario,

I apologize for your experience with BSI. As a servicer we process our payoffs internally however they must be sent to the Investor for review and approval as we do not own the note. I can not imagine why you waited 2 weeks, simply unheard of. As for holding over 40 minutes, that is not possible only because we allow our calls to hold 10 minutes and then you must select the callback feature. If you still require assistance please call me.

Daniel

Original review: May 14, 2020

BSI bought our loan in April 2020. We received a (certified mail) document from them letting us know to contact them for payment. Also, the document states that we could visit their website (myloanweb.com) to request information. However, that website is faulty and has no "drop down" menus to assist in any capacity whatsoever. Furthermore, as of May 2020, the company has sent another (certified mail) document stating that our property is up for foreclosure. However, we have called and left several messages with no return calls. Yet, their recording states that we would receive a call back during the next business day. Mortgage Fraud....

Hi Willis,

Our website is www.myloanweb.com/bsi. We certainly have drop downs under each of our categories. If you are receiving these types of letters I would suggest you call in and speak with your account manager in reference to your options. Currently our callback times are less than 20 minutes. Our number 1-800-327-7861 in the case you're calling the wrong company. Let me know if I can assist in anyway.

Daniel

Original review: May 13, 2020

My loan was recently purchased by BSI in May 2020. I have called several times and left numerous messages. I received one return call and the representative told me it was still early for them to have any information on my account. I am assuming her comments were based on past experiences because she never bothered to get my I information to check. She stated I need to call back with a couple of days. I waited as she instructed and have been attempting to call this company for over a week with no success. Worst company service ever and not looking forward to having them handle my loan.

Hi Mark,

My apologies for your experience. Mark it sounds like your loan was a recent transfer from 05/01/2020. The good bye letter you should have received from your prior servicer indicates effective on May 1st however information specifics are not avail until 5-7 business days after. We currently have all the loans boarded and are able to assist. Please respond to this message so your last name can be published. I will then locate your account and have an agent call you immediately.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Updated on 05/14/2020: This is my follow up review pursuant to a returned phone call from Ashley, a customer service supervisor at BSI Financial. Ashley’s boss Daniel is the manager of customer service at BSI. He requested Ashley to phone me regarding my first review on this site, outlining my complaints regarding customer service atrocities, junk fees and delinquent escrow deposit refunds. The call ended when Ashley hung up on me which was understandable as I became hostile on the phone.

The reason I lost my cool began when I asked why Daniel wasn’t returning my call given that he’s responsible for the customer service department. I wanted to hear from him why anyone writing a negative review on this site, and most likely on all sites that he monitors, deserves a callback but no one else may get through to customer service or have their VM’s or emails returned? Seems odd and not very good customer service business practices.

I continued to get more angry when Ashley stuck with the company line rather than address the poor customer service at all, incorrectly address the more than 14 day hold on my escrow deposit and the issue of junk fees. I honestly am waiting for proof from my county regarding mortgage lien release fees. I’ve been told fee amounts that don’t jive with BSI Financial escrow charges for lien release fees but am still waiting for the amounts from the county that we live in to confirm. I’ve requested written proof and confirmation from the county and will update my review once I’ve received the actual dollar amounts.

In conclusion, in my opinion, if you don’t have to do business with BSI Financial you should probably find an alternative. If you do have the bad luck like we had as they serviced our purchased mortgage, please continue to call them out and write negative reviews until Daniel or BSI Financial have a change in culture and commence treating their customers better and more ethically. Transparency is a wonderful business practice. Currently BSI Financial gets a one star rating that would be zero stars if they were rated properly. Take it or leave it but you were informed of my opinion. I’m curious to see if Daniel responds, if he does I’ll tell him to improve customer service availability and convince the company to be ethical and transparent. No junk fees, answer or return phone calls promptly and return deposits as required by law in 14 days.

Original Review: Your company services our mortgage that was purchased in the secondary market. It’s impossible to reach your customer service department by phone and no one returns emails or phone calls. We have paid our loan in full and still haven’t received our escrow deposit refund. In addition in my opinion, your company illegally charged us fees at payoff on a mortgage loan that specified no prepayment fees. Our contract wasn’t with the company that bought our loan so we had no legal contract that specified or allowed these junk fees!

If you, Daniel M. will be responding with gibberish as you’ve done with other complaints, you are well aware that no one can get through on your phone lines. Again you can’t get through by calling customer service and no phone calls or emails are returned. I’ll make it easier for you by sharing my email address. You may write to me at ** to address my complaints. I’ll commit to adding a review everyday until my complaints are addressed as you or someone else may now write to me via email. I guess I’m calling you and your company’s bluff. It’s truly unconscionable the way customers are treated by your company!!!

Good Morning Steven,

I can address your issues once you reply back to this message. If you're at all familiar with this website you'd know that I'm only able to see your 1st name due to your alias being kept confidential. Also the fact that I'm limited to less than 100 words in my initial acknowledgement. Also I'm not able to discuss personal business matters in a public forum. So yes I agree my responses are generic. I can assist you with your issues once given a fair opportunity.

Daniel

Original review: May 7, 2020

My loan was transferred to this company this month. I called end of last month to get my account number and information to where to send my mortgage payment. Representative said that they did not have anything in the system yet and to call back on the 5th of the month to see where they are. It is now the 7th of the month and I have been calling every day and they place me on hold and say after holding for a long time to leave them a message. I have left five messages already, and I keep calling with no response. I just want to pay my mortgage! I don't even have a loan number.

GM Jeannette,

Sounds like you may of not received a 'Good Bye Letter' from your previous loan servicer. This would of advised you that your loan would be transferred to BSI on May 1st however information would not be in our system until 7-10 business days after. If you have your old loan number we are able to provide you with your new loan number with BSI. Please reply back to this message with details so I can better assist you. All I'm able to view is 'Jeannette' and your complaint.

Daniel

Original review: May 6, 2020

This is hands down the WORST mortgage company on the planet. They are offering basically no help/assistance during the COVID 19 crisis. Told me the investor of my mortgage - which my contact Duke - informed me he could not identify over the phone is only offering a two-month forbearance at which time the entire payment would be due...WOW! Way to knock yourselves out - glad you’re so concerned about keeping people in their homes!?! Offered no alternatives unless we want to go ahead and miss about three payments, THEN the lowlifes would be willing to “assist.” To mention it took about two weeks and a complaint to the CFPB to get a callback, just to hear this useless life form inform me of this good for nothing information. Losers, every single one of them.

Good Morning Jennifer,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having with BSI. Jennifer I have not way to identify you or your account due to your alias being protected online. I'd be happy to review your options your investor has available for you and your mortgage. In all fairness we are here to help as most of us are homeowners as well.

Daniel

Original review: May 4, 2020

To say the least I am quite annoyed. After trying to reach BSI about a COVID deferment like most financial institutions are offering, we have received a letter staying you can have a 3 month deferment, but all the month for the deferment is due after the 90 day period. One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I sent an email stating I would like to talk to " Daniel **" and have heard nothing. This is absolutely no way to run a legitimate business. Wonder if we will finally hear something. Doubt it.

Good Morning David,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having with BSI. David, I'd be happy to discuss the options we have available for you and your mortgage. It's really hard to compare what BSI is offering verses other financial institutions because we're a Servicer. Meaning we do not own your loan nor make the decisions in what arrangements are offered. David I'd be happy to help...Please call us and we better assist.

Daniel

Original review: May 2, 2020

This lender took over my account in 2017. In June of 2019 I received a letter from them stating I owed them over 40K, When I contacted them I was told they were paying my escrow so I owed the money. I requested an audit on my account at that time, but nothing was done. In Aug I emailed the employee that I was working with to see where the audit was at. Sept I called them and was advised it was still under review. Dec come and now they state I owe over 66K, I pulled all my records and sent them a written request for audit along with my details showing how they were incorrect. My loan was adjusted, and I paid April 2020 to bring my loan current May 2020 I get my escrow bill, and they state I am negative over 3k.

If I look online it states that my account has 200.00 in escrow. I am told I cannot look at that, and need to look at what was sent. My payment will now be increase around 300 a month for the next year on top of what I am already paying. Mind you they DO NOT send statements even after requesting this several times. I urge anyone who gets a notice stating your loan was sold to this lender to PLEASE refinance with another lender. This company can cause you lose your house. What they do is not right, and how you are treated when you work with them is unacceptable. I have NEVER written a complaint in my life, but I do not want this to happen to anyone else. This has been a nightmare, and cannot be legal. It is unfortunate that the USA allows these type of lenders to exist. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Good Morning Dawn,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had with BSI. Dawn it sounds like since the time you reinstated the account you are now paying into your 'current' escrow. I'd be happy to research your account, review it and go over any questions you may have.Please ask for me or one of the Customer Service Supervisors if you decide to call 1-800-327-7861.

Daniel Montez