2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

BSI Financial Services Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had the misfortune of having my loan transferred to this organization. They are amateurs at loan industry, they seem to be debt collectors that are making forays into the home loan industry. To date I have had to contact them 3 times to ensure that my insurance and taxes are paid properly and on time from MY escrow funds. The escrow department apparently is unable (more likely unwilling) to take calls from customer and requires that you work with customer service. Customer service is empowered to send the escrow department an email and to tell the customer that they, customer service, will call the customer back.

After some time 30 plus days they will respond to the wrong question (that was never asked), or better yet provide a response with has nothing to do with the situation. Being a person that believes in being part of the solution, I offered to manage my escrow myself to assist them in a function they seem unable to do. They sent me three denials to of which were incorrect:

1. Escrow balance too low?
        2. Type of loan requires an escrow (it does not).

3. Loan has to be "seasoned". In other words I have to be tortured by BSI for 20 more months, before they come up with the next excuse/lie.

Hi Eric,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you by solely your first name. Please note that I'd like to assist you personally in getting this matter resolved immediately. Please reach out to us and your call will be directed to me personally or one of our supervisor.

Daniel

Management

Original review: April 30, 2019

I tried reaching out to my "Account Rep" (whom they say is the only person that can help me) the first of January 2019. After about my 20th call, middle of March, he finally talked to me. Told me to do something and get back up with him and gave me his email address. I did what he asked and he answered me one time. Told me he was working on it. Never heard back. Tried over and over to reach him. Won't answer me. This isn't the first time this has happened. You can never to talk to you account rep. I've had many issues with this company. They are horrible. It took them over a year at one point to start drafting my payments after begging for that whole year. This company is so bad, it should be shut down. They are ruining people's lives. We are talking about people's homes. And they don't care.

Good Morning Michelle,

First, I would like to apologize for the troubles and frustration that you experienced lately. I want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance to resolve any problem that may occur and assist us in making our services better. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you still may be having.

Management

Original review: April 21, 2019

Modification Department drops the ball. I was denied a loan modification and no one is able to provide details regarding the reason for the denial. According the the representative assigned, income was not considered, there are simply no option available, and they will not consider any application submitted in the future. I may lose my home and no one can help me figure out why I didn’t qualify. Completely unacceptable! I have read many reviews about BSI, it seems that this is reoccurring problem.

Good Morning,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation.While there are many factors when reviewing an application for a loan mod we must provide a reason for denial, this is the law. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Daniel M

Original review: April 2, 2019

My old mortgage company sold off to BSI in July of 2018. They have been using my deceased father's social security number despite numerous efforts to get this fixed. My credit score has tanked in the past six months because of error and lack of follow-up.

Hi John,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account under your google name. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Management

Original review: March 18, 2019

If you have to deal with this company, expect to pay extra fees and spend extra time to clean up after them. Here are my specific problems: Property taxes: they often "forget" to pay them, even though they are happy to take my escrow money. Insurance: same thing. They will often forget to pay the insurance company, which gets my policy terminated, then on top of that, BSI has the gall to send me a letter threatening to place forced insurance on me (at one them they did that, and charged me for it), because my original policy got terminated. When you call in, they just transfer you between customer service and insurance department in perpetuity.

If you pay additional amounts to your monthly payment, or send in additional payment, they will automatically set the extra amount to "unapplied," which does not reduce your principal, and you still have to pay interest on the amount that you thought you were reduced from your principal. My loan is in good standing, I have never missed a payment. There is no reason for this policy. The only positive thing about them is that they do pick up the phone quickly. I have dealt with many mortgage companies before, and I have to say this is the worst.

Hi Chi,

Customer Service Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I am trying to resolve an issue with an escrow refund that was issued on December 28, 2018 in the amount of $1,279.00. I’ve never received the refund, although your company has re-issued the check twice. In the last set of interactions with your company, I was assured by your agent that the check had been re-issued yet again, but that I needed to call again to get the tracking number.

I’ve called over 10 times about this, and each time, I interact with someone who doesn’t know the first thing about resolving issues, and now today, I was told that they couldn’t provide me with the tracking number. I just want the refund to which I am entitled. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I got the canned response: “I’m sorry ma’am, no supervisor is available.” Your core values listed on your website are laughable, considering one of the values is “transparency!” I will be filing a complaint with the State Controller and the Better Business Bureau in both Texas and Pennsylvania today. For anyone who may consider doing business with this company, avoid it at all costs unless you enjoy dealing with incompetent liars.

Good Morning Trudy,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that are not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I left you a detailed message along with my contact information.

BSI Management

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The following is the communication I sent to the customer service manager: "I am writing to you again about my frustration for not getting answers and my account not being processed properly. I've been writing both, on the website contact us and by Gmail, to customer care, and I have talked with customer service about this $15 fee assessed which I have paid. No one has an answer as to what the fee is for, my payment has not been applied to that fee for which the payment was made separately. It still shows fee amount not applied and now I see I am being charged again another $15 fee. No one has responded to my inquiries through email or otherwise.

"I have also been trying to get an answer and a fix on the website to access my documents. I cannot access my statements or any document. I have brought this matter to customer care's attention multiple times, it's been months now and still no fix. The service, in one word, sucks. I am planning on posting this experience on the Consumer Affairs' site, under complaints, if it is not fixed in the next two days. {Now, the two days have passed that's why I am posting what I wrote to you here.} Sorry I have to resort to that means to get anything done with your company. It has been and it seems like will continue to be a nightmare working with your company, and I won't be shy bringing it to anyone's attention I can access. Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

"1 02/21/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 2 02/14/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 3 02/11/2019 Amount to Unapplied: -$15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 4 02/10/2019 Fee with Payment: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00. 5 02/10/2019 Payment: $4,235.66, $0.00, $1,935.00, $2,315.66, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 6 01/28/2019 Cash Receipt: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 7 01/28/2019 Amount to Unapplied: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 8 01/18/2019 Payment: $4,250.66, $0.00, $1,935.00, $2,315.66, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00. 9 01/10/2019 Fee Billed: $15.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00, $15.00."

This has become a common occurrence, and apparently I am not the only one. Reading most reviews about your company, both here and on Facebook, many people have more bad experiences with your company than good. What a shame. What's more unfortunate is that we had no say in choosing you to be our mortgage servicer, it was forced on us by some corporate structure.

Good Morning Marc & Mary,

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you accept our sincere apology.This is the 1st I hear of your complaint and show records that we've provided you explanation of the fees. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with any issues you may be having.

Management

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My family recently lived through Hurricane Florence in North Carolina. Unfortunately, right before the hurricane our mortgage was sold to BSI. Because of the amount of damage incurred, we got a substantial amount to repair our damage. The check was written to us and BSI. The paperwork required by BSI to get repairs done is ridiculous and unnecessary. None of our other neighbors have had this red tape to cut through to get repairs done. We cannot get any contractors to work on our home, because they do not have the time or desire to fill out the paperwork necessary to get the job approved by BSI.

We finally found someone to replace the roof and willing to do the paperwork. After the paperwork was approved, BSI made us get the approval notarized saying that the money would go to this project. (More red tape) The money for our repairs is sitting in their bank account so BSI doesn't really care if we ever get to the money or not. We need to get our home back to normal. If anyone has suggestions on how to handle this we would appreciate your advice.

Good Morning Brian & Gretchen,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. While there are many factors to your situation that are not mentioned in your post I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Unfortunately I have no way to identify you by your first names.. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may personally review your account.

BSI Management

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had a mortgage with BSI through a 3rd party. We originally had a VA loan and was told that we no longer had a VA loan but a FHA, which we did not switch. Because of unemployment we fell being in payments and we tried to refinance. BSI did a refinance but the payments didn't change and the interest rate went up. When I spoke to the agent about it, he wasn't helpful at all. I had a total of 4 different agents in 2-3yrs. Each one starting over and asking for paperwork. We ended up losing our home because of BSI not helping. I had never heard of them before and found out during the refinance process that the banks sell mortgages. I truly think this should be a crime when no one notifies the homeowner of a transfer of mortgage and being veterans we should have been allowed our VA loan. The whole system needs fixing and BSI is just a part of the problem.

Edward,

I'm sorry to see your review and hear of your experience. I would personally be happy to discuss your situation and answer any unanswered questions. Edward, due to the privacy laws I am unable to discuss specifics here. Please reach out to us via phone or email in the case you require additional assistance.

Management

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

When they purchased my loan 2 years ago they changed my payment amount without notification. When I paid the monthly payment they didn't accept and then charged me a late fee because they kicked the entire payment. Last year they incorrectly calculated my interest on the 1098 and didn't send a correction until late in the tax process. I literally thought this was a scam company but apparently they are just incompetent. They are the worst. I would never voluntarily do business with BSI.

Michael,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us for additional assistance.

BSI Financial Services Company Information