2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

BSI Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BSI Financial Services?

Original review: May 13, 2020

My loan was recently purchased by BSI in May 2020. I have called several times and left numerous messages. I received one return call and the representative told me it was still early for them to have any information on my account. I am assuming her comments were based on past experiences because she never bothered to get my I information to check. She stated I need to call back with a couple of days. I waited as she instructed and have been attempting to call this company for over a week with no success. Worst company service ever and not looking forward to having them handle my loan.

Hi Mark,

My apologies for your experience. Mark it sounds like your loan was a recent transfer from 05/01/2020. The good bye letter you should have received from your prior servicer indicates effective on May 1st however information specifics are not avail until 5-7 business days after. We currently have all the loans boarded and are able to assist. Please respond to this message so your last name can be published. I will then locate your account and have an agent call you immediately.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Updated on 05/14/2020: This is my follow up review pursuant to a returned phone call from Ashley, a customer service supervisor at BSI Financial. Ashley’s boss Daniel is the manager of customer service at BSI. He requested Ashley to phone me regarding my first review on this site, outlining my complaints regarding customer service atrocities, junk fees and delinquent escrow deposit refunds. The call ended when Ashley hung up on me which was understandable as I became hostile on the phone.

The reason I lost my cool began when I asked why Daniel wasn’t returning my call given that he’s responsible for the customer service department. I wanted to hear from him why anyone writing a negative review on this site, and most likely on all sites that he monitors, deserves a callback but no one else may get through to customer service or have their VM’s or emails returned? Seems odd and not very good customer service business practices.

I continued to get more angry when Ashley stuck with the company line rather than address the poor customer service at all, incorrectly address the more than 14 day hold on my escrow deposit and the issue of junk fees. I honestly am waiting for proof from my county regarding mortgage lien release fees. I’ve been told fee amounts that don’t jive with BSI Financial escrow charges for lien release fees but am still waiting for the amounts from the county that we live in to confirm. I’ve requested written proof and confirmation from the county and will update my review once I’ve received the actual dollar amounts.

In conclusion, in my opinion, if you don’t have to do business with BSI Financial you should probably find an alternative. If you do have the bad luck like we had as they serviced our purchased mortgage, please continue to call them out and write negative reviews until Daniel or BSI Financial have a change in culture and commence treating their customers better and more ethically. Transparency is a wonderful business practice. Currently BSI Financial gets a one star rating that would be zero stars if they were rated properly. Take it or leave it but you were informed of my opinion. I’m curious to see if Daniel responds, if he does I’ll tell him to improve customer service availability and convince the company to be ethical and transparent. No junk fees, answer or return phone calls promptly and return deposits as required by law in 14 days.

Original Review: Your company services our mortgage that was purchased in the secondary market. It’s impossible to reach your customer service department by phone and no one returns emails or phone calls. We have paid our loan in full and still haven’t received our escrow deposit refund. In addition in my opinion, your company illegally charged us fees at payoff on a mortgage loan that specified no prepayment fees. Our contract wasn’t with the company that bought our loan so we had no legal contract that specified or allowed these junk fees!

If you, Daniel M. will be responding with gibberish as you’ve done with other complaints, you are well aware that no one can get through on your phone lines. Again you can’t get through by calling customer service and no phone calls or emails are returned. I’ll make it easier for you by sharing my email address. You may write to me at ** to address my complaints. I’ll commit to adding a review everyday until my complaints are addressed as you or someone else may now write to me via email. I guess I’m calling you and your company’s bluff. It’s truly unconscionable the way customers are treated by your company!!!

Good Morning Steven,

I can address your issues once you reply back to this message. If you're at all familiar with this website you'd know that I'm only able to see your 1st name due to your alias being kept confidential. Also the fact that I'm limited to less than 100 words in my initial acknowledgement. Also I'm not able to discuss personal business matters in a public forum. So yes I agree my responses are generic. I can assist you with your issues once given a fair opportunity.

Daniel

Original review: May 7, 2020

My loan was transferred to this company this month. I called end of last month to get my account number and information to where to send my mortgage payment. Representative said that they did not have anything in the system yet and to call back on the 5th of the month to see where they are. It is now the 7th of the month and I have been calling every day and they place me on hold and say after holding for a long time to leave them a message. I have left five messages already, and I keep calling with no response. I just want to pay my mortgage! I don't even have a loan number.

GM Jeannette,

Sounds like you may of not received a 'Good Bye Letter' from your previous loan servicer. This would of advised you that your loan would be transferred to BSI on May 1st however information would not be in our system until 7-10 business days after. If you have your old loan number we are able to provide you with your new loan number with BSI. Please reply back to this message with details so I can better assist you. All I'm able to view is 'Jeannette' and your complaint.

Daniel

Original review: May 6, 2020

This is hands down the WORST mortgage company on the planet. They are offering basically no help/assistance during the COVID 19 crisis. Told me the investor of my mortgage - which my contact Duke - informed me he could not identify over the phone is only offering a two-month forbearance at which time the entire payment would be due...WOW! Way to knock yourselves out - glad you’re so concerned about keeping people in their homes!?! Offered no alternatives unless we want to go ahead and miss about three payments, THEN the lowlifes would be willing to “assist.” To mention it took about two weeks and a complaint to the CFPB to get a callback, just to hear this useless life form inform me of this good for nothing information. Losers, every single one of them.

Good Morning Jennifer,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having with BSI. Jennifer I have not way to identify you or your account due to your alias being protected online. I'd be happy to review your options your investor has available for you and your mortgage. In all fairness we are here to help as most of us are homeowners as well.

Daniel

Original review: May 4, 2020

To say the least I am quite annoyed. After trying to reach BSI about a COVID deferment like most financial institutions are offering, we have received a letter staying you can have a 3 month deferment, but all the month for the deferment is due after the 90 day period. One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I sent an email stating I would like to talk to " Daniel **" and have heard nothing. This is absolutely no way to run a legitimate business. Wonder if we will finally hear something. Doubt it.

Good Morning David,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having with BSI. David, I'd be happy to discuss the options we have available for you and your mortgage. It's really hard to compare what BSI is offering verses other financial institutions because we're a Servicer. Meaning we do not own your loan nor make the decisions in what arrangements are offered. David I'd be happy to help...Please call us and we better assist.

Daniel

Original review: May 2, 2020

This lender took over my account in 2017. In June of 2019 I received a letter from them stating I owed them over 40K, When I contacted them I was told they were paying my escrow so I owed the money. I requested an audit on my account at that time, but nothing was done. In Aug I emailed the employee that I was working with to see where the audit was at. Sept I called them and was advised it was still under review. Dec come and now they state I owe over 66K, I pulled all my records and sent them a written request for audit along with my details showing how they were incorrect. My loan was adjusted, and I paid April 2020 to bring my loan current May 2020 I get my escrow bill, and they state I am negative over 3k.

If I look online it states that my account has 200.00 in escrow. I am told I cannot look at that, and need to look at what was sent. My payment will now be increase around 300 a month for the next year on top of what I am already paying. Mind you they DO NOT send statements even after requesting this several times. I urge anyone who gets a notice stating your loan was sold to this lender to PLEASE refinance with another lender. This company can cause you lose your house. What they do is not right, and how you are treated when you work with them is unacceptable. I have NEVER written a complaint in my life, but I do not want this to happen to anyone else. This has been a nightmare, and cannot be legal. It is unfortunate that the USA allows these type of lenders to exist. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Good Morning Dawn,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had with BSI. Dawn it sounds like since the time you reinstated the account you are now paying into your 'current' escrow. I'd be happy to research your account, review it and go over any questions you may have.Please ask for me or one of the Customer Service Supervisors if you decide to call 1-800-327-7861.

Daniel Montez

Original review: May 1, 2020

My mortgage was transferred to BSI from Wells Fargo during a bankruptcy. Mortgage payments were made through the trustee through July 2019. We were responsible for payments after that. We made payments through PNC Bill pay starting August 2019. I first was concerned when I called to verify the receipt of August payment and was told that the payments were 1 month behind. I spoke with Jamie ** ext ** who said that the escrow payment increased 1 year previously while still in bankruptcy. When asked if this increase had been sent to the trustee she said it was sent to the attorney. After explaining NUMEROUS times that the attorney does not pay she then said that BSI had filed with bankruptcy court that the mortgage was up to date in July 2019. I asked her again numerous times to reach out to my attorney if there was a problem with the payments during the bankruptcy. She verified that she had the name and number. She never did.

I made monthly payments from August 2019 through April 2020. I also made calls monthly to try to get the problem resolved. I was making 2 $1000 payments a month to cover a mortgage payment of $1986.53 on the first of the month and the 2nd Wednesday of the month. I was told that that may be a problem and that when the bankruptcy was discharged there would be an audit and a resolution. I was told that Scott ** ext ** was handling it. I made monthly calls to him and left messages with no return calls. In April 2020 we received a notice that our loan was being transferred to Fay Servicing. When I called them to discuss payments I was told that the loan was 2 months in arrears. I made more calls almost on a daily basis to BSI with no resolution. I have sent the letter to start payments to BSI along with all the canceled checks to Fay Servicing. I have read that BSI has bad customer service but this is terrible.

Good Morning Nadine,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that had with BSI. When an account is in bankruptcy there are so many factors to these scenarios. I'd be happy to discuss the situation however if the loan has been service transferred there are limited options I have in order to assist you. I can however make suggestions that will hopefully help resolve this issue. Please ask for me if you decide to call 1-800-327-7861.

Daniel Montez

Original review: April 23, 2020

Updated on 05/12/2020: After the company enforce an insurance for almost $2k, I called them and verified that I have an insurance the entire time, they said they will refund the money, plus some escrow left (around $500). The total amount should be at least $2400, however, after I called they shorten the amount a lot for no reason only because they made a mistake and assume that I don't have insurance while I do have a sufficient insurance. I will go to Court to file a claim and I already filed a claim against them online, and I will not drop it unless they pay the money. Thank you for ConsumerAffairs for their efforts to solve the problems.

Original review: The worst company to deal with, they enforce an insurance to my loan even I do have an insurance, and after I refinanced my house they add that insurance to my payoff amount. They’re the worse human being, racist human, and thieves. They increase my payment with no reason just because I pay online. These people don’t ever deal with them if your name is different like my name, they will try in every possible way to rip you off with no reason. Stay away from this company, don’t deal with them. The customer service don’t know how to read if they revived the docs or not, they struggle to do their jobs or maybe because their management don’t care about the customer so they hire unskilled people. Again, stay away, don’t deal with these people. There's hundreds of Mortgage companies and this company, BSI is the worst and the ugliest in customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Updated on 04/27/2020: I am writing this as a follow up to my review on the 21st. I am still waiting on Daniel ** to write me a follow up response to me personally with his full extension and Tasha ** who is mentioned in this review. I attempted to call Tasha, 2 weeks ago and I have not received a call back from her. It is very unprofessional. Also, I received my billing statement and it shows an astronomical account that I do not owe with all kinds of fees which are not explained. Just like the other reviews this is a re-occuring problem.

I am stuck with no way out of this situation. With all of these complaints something should be done about this from someone higher than BSI. I am serious, I am going to speak to media about these people. I am in no condition for this. I am trying to do the right thing by resolving my issue, but it seems as though they are not acting in good faith.

Original Review: Loss Mitigation on a recorded line on Mon 4/20/20 made a payment agreement with me and 8 hours later changed the terms. I am almost in foreclosure. I am filing this complaint because BSI is going to take my home and put me in foreclosure. With the way my case is being handled I am almost 120 days delinquent. In addition, I sent all of the documentation and proof showing loss contractual online teaching job.

I have been ill since December 2019 and on leave without pay now from my Full Time Employer. I have only been working teaching online. I was promised a course that was cancelled due to low enrollment in January 2020. This would have given me an opportunity to catch up on my mortgage. At the end of Feb early March I was struck with Covid19. I was told to stay home and tough it out from my Physician on the phone. I have breathing issues and still recovering. My husband is in the same condition. I sent everything asked of me by BSI documenting my loss of income. On the recorded line it was specifically mentioned by KS the terms, but when I asked her to document the agreement she did not. Later that night I got a lengthily 2 page loss mitigation document. This was not the agreement. I am TOO SICK to even fill this out and can barely breathe.

This institution is notorious for taking people's houses. I am asking for the original agreement I made with this mitigator to be documented and acknowledged and work with me as she stated on the phone. PLEASE LISTEN TO THE RECORDING .... I would like the reader from BSI to call me and get this resolved. I have lived in my home for 14 years and instead replying DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. NO ONE SHOULD BE ON THE STREET RIGHT NOW. YOU SAY YOU HELP PEOPLE BUT IT IS NOT TRUE. I am going to talk to the media regarding this. BSI is the worse company to have a loan with. It is not protected and investors don't care what happens to the owner. I had no control and certainly did not pick these people.

Ms. Boggues,

I received your voicemail and have researched your account. I'd still be happy to speak with you and address your issues. If it's okay I'd like to speak with you.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Unprofessional, obnoxious, pompous account managers. Stay away from this servicer/company if you can help it. They not there to work with, but to against you. I've dealt with many mortgage servicers in the past and this company remains to be the worst of all!

Afternoon Gill,

BSI Management

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have not seen or read any communication from BSI regarding what they are offering or doing for those impacted by the coronavirus. Many mortgage companies are getting out of head of this and providing information on their websites or providing special phone lines for borrowers to use. BSI has not provided any information yet.

Hi Alen,

Because BSI represents so many different investors and entities our options may not be applicable to all of our borrowers. We have made updates to our website that does allow you to seek help during these difficult times. Please call us at 1-800-327-7861 or visit our website and we may assist you with any questions you may have as it pertains to your account.

Daniel

Original review: March 20, 2020

BSI is our 2nd mortgage. We made an insurance claim back in August of 2019. Took forever to get our 1st claim check back from them. We received our 2nd check in January. They are still holding it despite the work being completed. We call everyday, and everyday they have a different excuse as to why they are holding the check. Mind you, they are the 2nd mortgage and don't have the rights to the check. The 1st mortgage does. We called them AGAIN yesterday, as we have done for 2 months. Now the excuse is that because of the coronavirus they don't have access to files. They are very unorganized and you never get to talk to the same person. My contractor has been waiting, more than patiently, for his money. I truly hope these scam artists can sleep at night knowing what they put people through. Run from this company!!!

Good Morning Denise,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with your insurance claim. I'd like to learn more about your specific situation since I was unable to locate an account solely by the name 'Denise'. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at 1-800-327-7861 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards your positive feedback.

Management

Original review: March 13, 2020

Predatory lender, beware of dealing with them. They will repeatedly sell your mortgage back and forth between their proxy companies and DBA's until you're on the brink of foreclosure, then they'll offer an "in house" modification and eat your equity. Then they'll take your home and sell it out from under you and you'll either be a tenant or homeless.

Good Morning David,

My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. I'm unsure why BSI would place a loan in foreclosure unless you the homeowner has defaulted in your contract agreement. Obviously there are many factors that you've not mentioned in order to paint a transparent picture of the situation. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you or your loan due to privacy. If you would like assistance please feel free to contact me personally.

Daniel Montez

Original review: March 12, 2020

Please refinance if you are using BSI for ANYTHING. We are in the process of doing so now. The customer care is horrible, and the people I spoke with seemed completely lost. BSI is refusing to rerun our escrow at our correct tax rate, though it has been adjusted in their system. They are sitting on our money and insisting we pay the higher mortgage cost for the entire year. This company is dirty. Get out now.

BSI Financial Services response

There is no way to identify you or your account by solely your first name. As you know this website protects your privacy and only list 'Hannah'. I'm sorry but I will not list my personal direct number here so you are welcome to call the toll free number and ask for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Very poor communication. Told to send in a check to be signed. Wasn't told to send in the insurance estimate. Now have to wait to pay the people who did the job. They have been waiting over a week already. I would never recommend BSI to anybody. One of the worst I have ever dealt with.

Hi Cheryl,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you've had. Unfortunately there is no way for me to identify you by solely your first name. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 and your call will be directed to me personally or one of our supervisor.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Servis One, Inc. dba BSI Financial Services. BSI NMLS#38078 A very unorganized and always talking around your questions of all the fees and charges. We had a house fire and sent the insurance check to them and it has been over a month and they still have not sent us a check to start repairs of our property. Lots of unexplained fees and cost. Do not get involved with this company!!!!

Good Morning Makesha,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced.I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We didn’t choose BSI. Our loan was to them. They became the 3rd less than helpful company since we refinanced in July of 2019. Because of less than helpful customer service we decided to refinance as soon as we were able. We are in the process of doing so now and there less than helpful goes toward other financial institutions as well refusing to accept electronic signed forms although they accept them or so I assume. The refuse to accept a release of information form in deference to their poorly written form. So we have to waste time with them being a pain in the behind. Honestly I have no clue based upon seeing the review and the auto generated responses to negative reviews how they are even in business. Poor customer service all around. Run from this company.

Good Morning David,

Sorry to hear of your experience with BSI. Please note that our responses are not generated responses but rather generic ones simply because there is no way to identify you nor your account. As you can see above I can only see the name 'David'. This obviously is for your protection and alias. Electronic signatures are not accepted on certain documents. This is not our policy but rather the LAW we are governed by. If you would like my assistance please contact me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

BSI purchased a second mortgage loan that was included in and discharged in a chapter 13 bankruptcy in March, 2019. I provided all the documentation to prove that this original account was discharged yet they continued to send me delinquent statements. It also reflected on my credit report as a delinquent account which affected my credit score. In October, 2019 they finally sent a letter stating that the account was closed, yet they are still sending me delinquent notices.

I have been dealing with this unprofessional company for a year now and every time I call I’m told that it’s being sent to the bankruptcy department to expedite. I am finally at the point where I am going to seek legal assistance because I am tired of dealing with this and, by law, they cannot seek payment for a debt that has been included in a Bankruptcy. This is by far the worst company that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with and I am about to file a law suit if they do not leave me alone! This company should be shut down!

Good Morning Cynthia,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. There are many details that I'll need in order to identify your account with BSI.Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My loan was recently sold to another company. The mortgage payment was accidentally sent to BSI instead of the current lender. I received a “voided check” but that meant nothing since they converted the payment into an ACH. Was told to send documentation from my bank that the funds were taken out. Did so and 2 and a half weeks later after calling to check the status, they still can’t tell me anything and have no record of the documentation I sent them. Was told they would check on it and call me back. Still waiting 3 days later. Beyond frustrating to work with and in the meantime had to come up with another payment for new mortgage company so we don’t fall behind. Very shady!!!!

Good Morning Emily,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced.I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. There are many details that you've not

not mentioned so more information will be needed. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

BSI is an absolute joke. My parents have their mortgage through them and it has been a nightmare. My father had a massive stroke and can't do anything. That being said my mom was forced to take over. I started helping her and discovered that BSI applies 100.00 or less of their 900+ dollar payment toward the principal. With an 8.2 % interest rate the principal should be lowering significantly each month. Nope!!! They can't get anything straight and give you the run around. Contact us they say. For what? They give some lame story that makes zero sense. Plus recently they denied endorsing a insurance check to get storm repairs done. We are tired of dealing with them. Time to contact our attorney. AVOID BSI AT ALL COSTS!!!! THE MAFIA HAS BETTER LOANS AVAILABLE AND WITH LESS INTEREST!

Hi Brandon,

BSI would like to apologize for your negative experience with our company. I'm sorry to hear of your fathers stroke. Please note the BSI has nothing to do with the interest rate your parents agreed to originally. BSI is a loan servicing company, not the originator of the original loan. Like with anything that involves interest it can all seem shocking. I would suggest you call us to see if we can make suggestions that could lower the pmt.

Management

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

BSI sold our loan to Amerifirst out of the blue. Now we see why. We have paid 50,000 plus dollars on a 31,000 loan because they charged us daily interest. The housing deed states we should be charged 13 percent YEARLY interest. This mistake has now left us with a 27,000 balance. We have been paying since 2007. It is my hope and prayer that they right this wrong. Thanks a lot BSI.

Hi Vernesia,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. We are not the original lender of your note. BSI is a loan servicer. It is impossible that you were charged higher rates just because. Unless your loan was in default, this is called default interest. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have paid in full for my insurance in advance, since it was required before I set up this loan. Then the insurance company had to change the policy, and I paid again in full. BSI is supposed to pay for it. I have submitted proof of insurance twice. If anything, I should have extra money left in escrow, right? I keep being harassed for Lender Placed policy. They also increased my payment because of that, and insist I have to make the higher payments, which I will not. Supposedly, they did not receive my submission twice. I asked my insurance company to e-mail them a copy while I was on the phone with them. Finally, got it. Customer service is awful, and there is never manager available, unless you absolutely insist. By this time you are in a really bad mood, mildly.

If you set up a Bill Pay through your bank, it takes about 10 days for them to receive a payment. Because that’s how it’s set up, was their explanation. The bank has to send them a paper check!!!!! In this time and age, where electronic payments are the standard and everything clears within 1-3 day. In the meantime, late fees are imposed immediately. You might consider driving across states and deliver in person - it would be quicker. Like every month. I’ve had many mortgages in my life, and this is by far the worst - never had to review anyone, but I can’t resist here. Daniel **, could you provide a number or extension where you can be reached, and not just the general customer service number. Because if I ask for you or a manager, such would be unavailable. Thank you in advance!

Good Morning Alexandra,

I apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. More than likely you were talking to our insurance dept which is a 3rd party vendor. I am here daily and my agents are required to escalate all matters to me, especially when a manager is requested. Please call 1-800-327-7861 and ask for me as I am the only manager here in our corporate office.

Daniel

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

It's 31 days today that I paid a mortgage in full - calls, e-mails, more calls, more e-mails. I cannot get a mortgage verification, statement of account. or mortgage satisfaction. Customer Service is awful and terrible unfriendly. They claim my requests will take yet another 2 - 3 weeks. Why? This is a nightmare. Run!

Good Morning Dawn,

On behalf of BSI, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you're having. I'm eager to assist you in any way possible. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may personally review your account. If you're requesting a satisfaction or mortgage those are sent once we liquidate the loan on our end. We then record the lien release with the county which could take up to the standard 30 days.

BSI Management

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We are refinancing our current loan (held with BSI) with another company and called BSI to ask that our property taxes (held in escrow) go ahead and be paid so that we can close on time and not have to bring that same amount to close. The bill is with BSI and so are the funds. BSI is refusing to do with our money what we have asked of them. All I've been told by the "supervisor" is the property taxes are paid in bulk and they will not pay them earlier than the "due date" even at the request of the borrower/customer. Nor does it matter that paying them earlier than the "due date" is in the best interest of the customer. They are offering to do what they HAVE to do once we close which is to refund our escrow back to us. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking that they go ahead and pay a bill with the money sitting in our escrow account marked to pay that bill!!!

We are leaving this company anyway. I don't understand why they will not just do what we've requested them to do with OUR MONEY. Property tax bills are actually due upon receipt (which they have received) but do have a "pay by date" typically a couple of months from mail out to give owners time to gather what might be needed. This company is ridiculous and we will never again bring them our business. Nor will we recommend them to anyone needing any type of service they provide. This is our last month with them and any interest $$ at all that they might gain from having our account is minimal. Our request is not out of the ordinary. Other companies allow it. Why not them? They are receiving one star only because leaving all stars unmarked does not allow for any captions or warnings.

Mrs. Unsicker

My apologies that your experience has not been positive with BSI. I personally spoke with you yesterday in regards to this matter. I apologize that we do not pay taxes early upon request. Please look into the options I provided you and they should resolve your issue with your refinance.

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2019

I was contacted by Veronica at BSI Financial and they were able to work with me and they were very helpful, friendly, and courteous. I thank them for their services.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Here's my dilemma. I have to have surgery and to keep my finances in order during my 4-week recovery, I decided to reach out to BSI Financial who is my current lender (not by choice), for assistance with my upcoming mortgage payment. Listed on their website, they state under the Financial Hardship section that if you are in danger of missing or making a late payment, contact them. They list all these solutions such as Repayment Plans, Forbearance, etc. I contacted them the day after I found out I need to have surgery. I waited a week for Veronica to call me back. She never did.

I called and was allowed to leave her a message. Never received a call back. I then got ahold of a different department and the rep I spoke with tracked her down because that rep felt it was important enough to track her down. Veronica then sends a message through the rep to let me know they can't help me. It would've been really helpful if I had that information a week ago. So do not contact them to help. Be very surprised if you even receive a callback. I gave them 1-star because I had to give them something. In my opinion, I don't feel they deserve 1-star and that is the lowest rating.

Good Morning Lametrice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist. Please note that we are a loan servicer, your situation would be reviewed and considered by the Investor whom owns your note.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have ask BSI to provide me with a statement of my account and was told they can’t provide that information. They expect you to pay but don’t request a statement. Continue to add more and more fees every day. Want a statement to pay off and never deal with them again.

Hi Nicole,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experienced. There are so many details to these scenarios, however I would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 for additional assistance. You can also contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist.

Management

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I was approved for a modification loan and almost 2 years In they stated I was back in my payments and owe them over 9,000 dollars. Which I have been paying my monthly payments every month until July 2019. When they stopped taking my payments and stated that my loan is back in foreclosure. The people that are assigned to you case to help you either don’t answer my calls or are no help.

Good Morning Janice,

BSI apologizes for any inconvenience you've experience. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further. Please reach out to us at 1-800-327-7861 or email us at customercare@bsifinancial.com for additional assistance. While there are many factors to these scenarios that you've not mentioned, I'd like to personally review your file. BSI is a loan servicer and we must have approval from the Investor we represent.

Management

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

In the past 4 yrs. I HAVE ATTEMPTED to get my mortgage "modified". Each time this disabled veteran ATTEMPTS TO BE PROACTIVE, I've gotten the runaround, lies, no replies, things NOT RECEIVED/MISSING, & VERBAL Promises, via Joshua, to "mail the MISSING ITEMS form" to me. AGAIN: AS OF YET, NOTHING!!

I see an existing lawsuit has been filed against BSI's Modification Dept & am heading THAT WAY to join. This "we haven't received your modification packet..OH Wait, MAYBE *WE DID*, I don't know..let me have him call you back, he's not here", & being transferred to others Crap HAS BEEN GETTING WAY TOO OLD AND HABITUAL. I have tried my best to be proactive, and, BSI, KNOWING the Veterans Administration has *GUARANTEED" this loan to them, they seem to have realized WITHOUT ME, THE VET there WOULD BE no "Guaranteed" NOTHING, but they have failed to recognize that fact, being rude on the phone and overlooking things stated they would do...THEY SUCK!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Updated on 10/02/2019: The response that BSI Financial Services gave to my review here on Consumer Affairs of their company and how it operates is a JOKE. You cannot reach out to their CEO, even if you tried. I have, several times, and there is no way to get thru the company telephone tree. The responses given to my review from Daniel was computer generated, and not from him personally. The only way to get through to these crooks is to sue them in Federal court, which is what i am preparing to do now. They represent Servis One Bank, who actually is who pays them to do all the dirty work . They are interested in only one thing, to get you to foreclose, or to rip you off here and there when servicing your loans. I have been trying since 2017 to get them to service this loan properly, and they refuse to do anything of the sort. This company is corrupt to the core, and will not hesitate to try and put you out onto the street any chance they have.

Original Review: My experience with BSI Financial Services has been 100% negative. They purchased my note from Fannie Mae in 2017, and they have never handled my payments correctly. They continue to accuse me of not making my payments. Fortunately, I have scanned and made copies of every single payment made, and have sent every payment certified. All of my payments have cleared my bank, but they continue to create fictitious payment reports on their statements showing false information about those same payments, and then they report this information to the 3 credit bureaus.

What I recently discovered was their legal dept in Texas doesn't communicate very well with their servicing dept in Irvine California. Even more exasperating, is that the customer service number puts you in touch with their offices in Titusville, PA, who do not communicate very well with anyone. They are extortionists at best, and if you are unlucky enough to be stuck doing business with them, I suggest you find yourself a good lawyer because they will not treat you fairly unless you do. Even now, after my attorney has tried and tried to get them to straighten out their business, they continue to try and extort money from me. I will most certainly need to take them to court to get a Federal order against them just to make them do their jobs properly, they are that bad. God help you if your note is sold to these crooks!

Good Morning Kathleen,

Management

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My loan was originally with Independent Bank but was sold To BSI Financial. I recently filed a damage claim with Nationwide and made the biggest mistake of my life. The insurance sent check pay to the order of myself and BSI. I signed the check and mailed off. August 7, 2019 BSI cashed check and to this day I have not received the money for the repairs. This company is crooked and I will expose them!!!! #angryhomeowner

Good Morning Valerie,