1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ticketmaster

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

1019 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Received an e-mail from my local theatre with a special offer on discounted tickets for a upcoming live show. Clicked the link and wound up on the Ticketmaster website. The website showed empty seats side by side in the center of the 1st Balcony of the show venue but would not let me select them. Wound up selecting seats off to the side. Gave my credit information and received a receipt from Ticketmaster for $164.95. A few minutes later I got an e-mail from a company called Ticket Protector-CUMIS saying I purchased ticket insurance for an additional $16. I did not want this insurance and do not know how I got it from Ticketmaster.

Now I am attempting to cancel this insurance with Ticket Protector-Cumis. To put a cherry on top of this bad experience with Ticket Master, I checked my credit card today and found Ticket Master charged me $180.95 which is $16 more than I was shown on the receipt they gave me and Ticket Protector-Cumis is also charging me $16. I will never use the Ticketmaster website again to purchase tickets and I e-mailed my local theatre, who sent me the original e-mail that put me in touch with Ticketmaster, letting them know about all the problems I have experienced with Ticketmaster.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with Ticketmaster. Spent 150$ on tickets to a show months ago, never received tickets, and was told I could not get a refund. Chargeback on the way. Trash company, Trash Service. What a joke. Abigail ** should be fired. I've gotten nothing but the runaround. I want my money back!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2017

Ticketmaster apologized for the mistake and payment was sent.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Ticket FAQ says one thing but when you get to the sell area they ask for more. Ticketmaster FAQ states; How do I sell tickets. "Just click the Sell button in your Order Details to start the easy step-by-step: you'll select only the tickets you want to list, set your price, and enter your debit card or checking account info." But when you get to the sell area they ask you to enter a credit card. It states, "If you sell, X will be used to refund buyer if event is canceled, postponed or rescheduled. If buyer requests a refund for a rescheduled/postponed event (different date or material change in time) or other refunds authorized by Event Provider."

I sold two tickets on 09/23/2017 for a concert that happened on 10/14/2017. Two days later I got a email saying "We couldn't verify your credit card". That's the card they need just in case the event is canceled. I contacted customer service right away. I told them I couldn't replace that card. It was the only one I had. They replied in a email, "If you are unable to input another card the sale will not reverse and the payment will simply be delayed." Now they say they cannot pay me until a new card is entered. Even though the concert happened a week ago. They still demand a new card just in case the event is canceled. It looks like the only way for me to get paid in to apply for a new card.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was online the very second that tickets went on sale only to be told they were sold out. Immediately thereafter those same tickets were listed on StubHub and other ticket sales websites for 10 times the face value. A $500 ticket was $5000 plus... EACH! What a scam! It's a disgrace to the supposedly down home "American family values" that country music tries to imply they cater to. Calling out the CMA to do something!! This has been going on for years. Is someone getting a cut of this money? Is that why nothing changes???

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Since I was taking two children to their very first concert, I wanted it to be special. I spent twice as much as I had originally planned so that we could the front row of the balcony. These seats were designated as front row, and yet when we arrived at the venue, there were box seats in front of us with tall adults lining the railing. It was a sold out show so we could not move. I contacted Ticketmaster first thing the next morning to ask them to address the issue. After all, my children saw none of the show. It was heartbreaking for them in addition to a waste of money.

The rep viewed the online seating plan from which I selected my seats and agreed with me that it showed that these were front row seats, and that no other rows or seats should have been in front of us. He apologized profusely, then transferred me to a supervisor for "a refund." The supervisor left me on hold for 45 minutes and then came back on to say that they would be happy to send a $25 Ticketmaster gift card... To me to make me feel better about the $364 in tickets I purchased based on their fake seating arrangement?! Had I only paid $35 per ticket we could have been down on the main floor with a much better view of the concert stage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Continually get an error during Ticketmaster *presale* attempted purchase of ticket for any venue using American Express - "Sorry we cant complete your order. American Express has a two order limit for this presale" and I have not attempted any prior purchase and my current attempt is for 2 seats only. Call Ticketmaster customer support who hung up on me. Ticketmaster has significant negative customer experience and customer support issues that need resolving.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I can hardly stand it anymore. Every time I use Ticketmaster it seems amazing to me that such a big corporation cannot get it together. I have trouble with the website every time. Hey Ticketmaster - people have iMac computers, maybe you could sell to them. So I tried my iPad but the App doesn't take gift cards. Why???? So I went to the website on my iPad and bought the tickets, entered my gift card but it didn't take it. Argggh. Btw the gift card was a refund of outrageous service fees paid for spending an entire afternoon buying hockey tickets last March. With service fees that high the service should be exceptional. Too bad we are stuck with using Ticketmaster for a lot of events. It is an awful experience every time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was online to purchase tickets as soon as they went on sale. Clicked on 'find tickets' and it proceeded to search. It tells you not to refresh or leave page or you will lose you place in line, so I just waited it out. Seven minutes later a message pops up saying no tickets are available. The only ones you can purchase are top tier VIP packages. They do however have a bunch of their "fan to fan" resale tickets available (apparently from the pre-sale earlier in the week) here is where it gets really sketchy.

Ticketmaster is supposed to be against bots, yet they have nothing in place to prevent them. They allow resale of tickets immediately after purchasing calling it "fan to fan" resale, which is about as far from the truth as you can get. Then, not only do they charge fees for the initial sale of the ticket, but they charge again for the "resale" of the ticket so they can collect even more money. The truth is that they want the bots to buy the tickets and resale them so they can collect fees twice instead of just once.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have bought a concert ticket today from Ticketmaster website. The ticket price was less than $60 but the Ticketmaster service fee for the electronic ticket was $32. This is really outrageous! It is legal ticket scalping.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Don't ever purchase Ticketmaster' pre-sales. They take your purchase and send it through a different company called Ticketstoday. The problem with that is that their policies are completely different so even though you're under the impression you're purchasing through Ticketmaster, whose policy is to send the tickets within 10 to 14 business days, Ticketstoday's policy is to wait until 10 days before the event to send the tickets.

That may be ok for some people but these were a Christmas gift, and the person they're for will need to take the time off 2 weeks in advance, which means I'll have to tell them "Well, I bought you tickets but I don't have them yet." just doesn't have the same effect. I even called Ticketmaster and they said they have no record of my purchase. There was no benefit to me purchasing through the presale. My sister’s tickets were slightly cheaper, still floor seats so just as good, and I purchased on 09/08/17; still don't have my tickets. I got back on for my sister during general sale, purchased hers on 09/15/17 and she got hers in the mail on 09/22/17. Do not purchase through Ticketstoday; or sign up for Ticketmaster presale as the purchase may be sent through to another company and not actually done through Ticketmaster and you could get screwed.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Ordered WWE tix, got the original tix in August. Today, the day before the event, get a duplicate pair of tix with a different price-point. Called customer service and waded through the frustrating as hell IVR prompts only to be informed the rep had no clue and wouldn't look into it. Will likely update this review tomorrow with angrier language when I find out I am driving into town for nothing because TM is a customer service nightmare. My complaint is more with the IVR system than anything. For the love of god, why can't I press zero to get a human. The stupid voice prompts couldn't even understand one sentence they were asking me and I got stuck in an IVR loop asking me the same question over and over again. Please, for the love of all that is humane make them fix that stupid, non-customer-focused IVR system. ZERO should be allowed. Please stop the madness. I doubt I'll ever purchase through overpriced TM again after this.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I was just online for Ticketmaster to purchase Robert Plant tickets at the EXACT time they went on sale to the public. After the screen loaded for 30 seconds it said there were no tickets available at any cost. I called the Ticketmaster number and when they finally answered after five minutes I was told I had been transferred to Front Row Tickets. (I can only assume this is a subsidiary of TicketMaster.) Keep in mind that tickets on Ticketmaster were priced at $100 or less. When Front Row Tickets took my order they said each ticket was $400 for the seats I wanted. What the hell!?!? I'm furious over the scam that these companies have managed to do on us.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

In planning events for the holidays this year I attempted to purchase 2 tickets to the Moscow Ballet production of Nutcracker Suite in Chicago. After a lot of time planning and choosing the time and selecting seats, I moved on to the actual purchase. The two tickets were $28 each so $56 for the tickets to be delivered digitally. When I got to the checkout, the total was $80+ (can't remember exact) so nearly $30 in fees on a $56 purchase. It is simply over the top when there is no "handling" of any kind as this is an electronic transaction. Normally, I can put up with a reasonable fee but this time it is just too much and I will not purchase the tickets and I will actively avoid Ticketmaster for all future ticket purchases. The fees are so ridiculously high in relation to the actual ticket cost that it just feels like a complete rip-off.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I wanted tickets for a concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco. When it came time to choose tickets, there were 2 choices. First choice was general admission standing for $25, then there was a second choice which had more expensive priced tickets and stated, you will receive your seat number after your purchase. So I wanted seats, and bought the more expensive tickets. Turns out, they were resale tickets for standing only, and the exact same tickets as the first choice. I called Ticketmaster to discuss the wording which said I would receive my seat number and the man was very rude and said that was my interpretation and all tickets at the Fillmore are standing only.

How is someone supposed to know that when you are from out of town and the wording in black and white says you will receive your seat number??? Also Amy at the Fillmore has the best customer service! Although it was not her fault (problem is with Ticketmaster not the venue) she was very apologetic and she is the prime example of customer service!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased tickets for an out of town NFL game back in July for a game on October 12. They are refusing to issue me the tickets until after October 10th. We are leaving town for the trip that day so this leaves me uncertain about having tickets, unable to print or reliably access the internet for them, and angry that I even have to deal with this nonsense.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Went online to purchase a CIRCLE CITY CLASSIC ticket for $20. The fees for each ticket were $10.50! This is ridiculous. Fees should not be half of a purchase price. I then priced a event at Lucas Oil Stadium for today 9/19/17. For a $43 ticket the fees were only $7.43 per ticket. I feel you are purposely over pricing guest who want to purchase classic tickets. My question is why are these fees so high? I will never use your services again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I posted two tickets for resale via the Ticketmaster app. They appeared for a while but then all of a sudden, the section the tickets were for sale in showed no available tickets. Thinking my tickets had been sold, I checked the app and the tickets were still classified as being listed for sale despite the fact they were not showing up as available. I contacted TM and they saw the issue and said nothing could be done about it. I then asked them to escalate to a supervisor and they made me wait so long for help that the show started and then no tickets were available to purchase and they said there was nothing they could do about it because I couldn't prove what had happened. I asked for a refund on my tickets and they said no.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased October tickets to a basketball event. The website makes no indication that these were pre-season tickets. I purchased two tickets, which each had approximately $42 transaction fees attached to them through the website. I entered chat with a representative with a company several hours after making the purchase, and I had no option to refund. My only option is to re-sell the tickets, and it only makes me feel worse given that the website is exploiting the transaction fees of each re-sale, and the new ticket buyers may similarly not be aware of this as being a pre-season game. I believe that information is incredibly pertinent to the value of the event.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I live in Seattle. I purchased a ticket to a concert in Texas (Irving) from Ticketmaster. Received an email today from another company letting me know the venue for the show has changed to a general admission only venue. I contacted Ticketmaster to discuss the cost of the original ticket for an actual seat vs the change to standing room only. Requested a refund for the difference in ticket costs. Original ticket with fees was $70.01, cost of ticket at new venue standing only with fees is $29.75 which would be $40.26.

Gabby placed me on hold to come back and tell me there is nothing they can do for me, no full refund and no partial refund until the promoter informs them of what they can do. I was told I can call back tomorrow and spend another 39 mins on hold to potentially be told that I won't get any money back even though I am not getting the same service I paid for. I even booked my hotel to be within walking distance of the venue and now the new venue is further away, so I need to figure out transportation to get there as well. This entire experience is very disappointing since I use Ticketmaster multiple times a year.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My son purchased tickets to a Neil DeGrasse Tyson lecture for the wrong venue. (New York, we are in Boston). He immediately noticed his mistake and emailed Ticketmaster to ask for a refund. The email notice said someone would get back to him in 12 hours. Not true. So, he called the very next day. The purchase was made on a Saturday, so that made it Sunday. The phone just rang and continued to make a beeping noise. He called them again on Monday morning, explained his situation and was told by the representative that the venue did not offer refunds and therefore there was nothing they could do for him. I'm not sure what the venue has to do with the refund since the transaction was less than 24 hours old. I told him to ask for a supervisor. He waited on hold for 37 minutes for a supervisor to come to the phone.

Jonathan was very short and he didn't want to hear any of the circumstances surrounding the mistaken purchase. He was condescending with my son so I got on the phone. He kept saying, "The only advice I can give you is to post it on our sister site to try and resell them." I, in turn, said, "Right. Your sister site is just Ticketmaster under a different name." I continued to ask him if there was anything that could be done. Could they at least refund the processing fees a total of $40? Nope, nothing he can do. "It says no refunds on the site." That is up for interpretation as it is misleading. Nowhere on the ticket page does it say that the tickets are nonrefundable. All that it says is: "Get a full refund on tickets for participating venues and teams if you change your mind within 72 hours of purchase. If eligible, a refund link will appear on the order details page of your TM account."

This is the first time my son, he's 19, has purchased tickets on his own. But even I would have interrupted that statement as I had up to 72 hours to change my mind. Ticketmaster is sneaky and isn't clear about their refund policies. It was literally 5 minutes after purchase that he realized his mistake. I have spent thousands of dollars on the Ticketmaster site, you think they could refund my college age son $260 of his own money. Ticketmaster is a 5-billion-dollar company. $262 is 0.0000000524 percent of 5 billion. Another example of the big companies taking advantage of the little guy. I won't be purchasing any tickets from Ticketmaster again. Note: When I asked for the supervisor's full name he said they aren't allowed to give out their last names and gave me an op code. Has anyone else received this response? How do I report him directly to Ticketmaster?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I bought tickets from someone else and they transferred the tickets to me via the Live Nation App. I check the tickets on my phone multiple times and am excited to go to the event. The night of the event I show up to the door and they say I'm already inside, so I think I've been had by a scammer. I call Ticketmaster that night and can't get through to anyone. The next day I call them and they tell me that once I have the tickets transferred to me they void anything else out so I can't be scammed. I then ask why my tickets didn't work and they tell me I never opened the tickets. Which I know is wrong because I showed about a dozen people and had them scanned multiple times at the event.

Now they are saying that they can't give me a refund because I purchased them through someone else. I don't want a refund for the price I paid someone else, I just want a refund for the amount that TicketMaster sold the tickets for. They clearly see that the tickets are under my ownership and they are figuring out that something went wrong. Once that is verified I don't see why they can't refund me the value of the tickets plus their service fees.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

So when buying tickets for an event that needs parking they don't offer parking until after you have purchased the tickets so they can get another $30 fee. Please this is ** -- our governing agencies need to stop it because there is no other way for us to buy these tickets. It's a joke and ** crime. And no response after several emails to customer service. I had to call and they just said, "TOO BAD you have to buy parking separate and pay another $30 fee which is MORE THAN PARKING."

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I bought tickets to see Iron Maiden and Metallica a few months ago through Live Nation/Ticketmaster which I now know is the same company. I was emailed my Metallica tickets after purchase but my Iron Maiden one was never sent. Despite purchasing the other ticket first, it was never sent to me. I went online to see if I could print it out but was unable to so I called customer service. The agent informed me I could download the app and do it or I could have it printed out and mailed to me for an extra service fee. He also said I could get it at roll call at the event. What is the point of buying tickets online if I'm just going to wait in line at an event?

This was the day before the concert so I asked the agent how I was supposed to get my ticket mailed in before tomorrow. I simply asked him if he could just print out the info and email it to me. I don't understand what the difference it would make if I can't see the ticket online why I would be able to on the app. My friend that went with me was told the tickets had to be mailed in for an extra mailing fee when he bought his. He also downloaded the Ticketmaster app which was flagged as malware on his phone's protection app. Eventually the agent was able to send me my tickets through email but this whole ordeal wasted my time. Next time I will consider if going to an event is worth dealing with the extra hassle of trying to get my ticket from Ticketmaster/Live Nation.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I waited patiently for weeks for individual tickets to go on sale for a hockey game, which happened to be one of the last teams to go on sale for the season. I was going to buy them for my brother and his younger son as a birthday gift. I set my alarm and was ready to go at exactly the time told. I found some tickets and went to purchase them; however, the only option for delivery was something they called Mobile. Now, I get that it's 2017 in a tech age, but their mobile delivery specifically says that you can't email nor similar tech option. I could not do this because it was a gift, and I had bought tickets for a different gift to a football game the day before which were emailed to me. After searching for awhile on their disorganized, unfriendly website, I found the info to email and call them.

The first phone call was a robot and it said that I could not buy these tickets over the phone - even though the website said I could. It was very frustrating "talking" to this robot because we had to repeat the information several times. The second phone call, we were on hold for awhile and talked to two representatives. That phone call was over an hour! Neither really said much of anything besides "I'm sorry for the hold" and "we can't do that." No pleasantries, no sign of comprehending the conversations, no effort that showed they wanted us to be satisfied customers, definitely nothing above and beyond!

One of them worked in the "escalations" department, which I saw somebody else on here say. (Aka I was clearly frustrated. I'm confused though; if your company is that bad that you have to have a whole department called that, then why not fix the problem and work on getting a better business and providing better customer service?) At one point, the guy in the escalations department said he would credit me the extra cost of mailing the ticket. This was the only solution I actually heard from this company. However, it turns out that it was not true because I literally could not be mailed the ticket.

I still have never heard a reason for this. I could not get my so-called product emailed, mailed, faxed nor anything. So, they never got my money and I plan on never giving them any again. Another frustrating part here is that there are concerts, events, etc that I would like to go to, but I will not end up supporting these artists, venues, etc because they continue to use such a terrible middle man/3rd party.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I purchased 2 tickets to a concert online. I tried to resell the tickets as I can't attend the concert. For some reason I wasn't able to use the sell option online. I called customer service and was treated very rudely by the customer service rep right away. I didn't have one of my credit cards as it had been lost so I couldn't give her the number and couldn't remember which card I used. She was short, extremely rude, hostile and impatient with me right from the beginning. I know I was being polite and she didn't try to even help me resolve my problem at all. I hung up and did not get any help. Now I have two tickets I cannot use or even resell.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My Ticketmaster account was hacked back in December without my knowledge. I received no notification that my email and or password had been changed or that someone had used my account. Fast forward to 8/7/17 and we get all the way to the Pinnacle Bank Arena, get to our seats and within 15 minutes we are escorted out of the building because our tickets that we bought the day they went on sale back in November were no longer valid tickets. The people that purchased our tickets from a 3rd party with a name of "Chris **" printed on the tickets got to keep our seats and neither of those people were Chris **.

Since the concert was sold out we were given no options to being able to purchase new ones and left with nothing. We have since opened a fraud claim with Ticketmaster to at least try and get a refund on our tickets. The way we were treated at Pinnacle Bank Arena was ridiculous and I really have no desire to ever go to a show there again. I had ID on me showing that the tickets belonged to us, I had email confirmations that we indeed purchased the tickets. I have since changed all my login information for the site, not even sure I will ever use it again to purchase event tickets. After doing some searching it appears that this is nothing new for Ticketmaster as they have several complaints against them for this type of hack/scam. Makes me think it might be an inside job so to speak. Not only are we out over $400 but I have now missed out on an experience with my daughter and sister. These types of things cannot be replaced.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Ticketmaster basically resells all their tickets and if you accidentally get the wrong ones, too bad. They don't fix the mistake. I bought my tickets online and was sent the wrong ones. Now I'm stuck with them and they are not where they should be. I either have to resell them myself or be stuck with these ** tickets in the nosebleeds, and they cost more than the ones I wanted!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I purchased 8 tickets for a concert on the Ticketmaster website. At the time I agreed to purchase the tickets I was unknowingly redirected to another city. On July 28th I was trying to buy 8 tickets for a concert in Calgary, Canada. When my confirmation came through via email, I realized I had purchased 8 tickets to a concert in Inglewood California.

I contacted TicketMaster on the same day July 28th and explained the mistake and that it was impossible for me to use the tickets purchased. I was told by Ticketmaster Customer Service there was no refunds and nothing they could do for me. I was able to resell the tickets on StubHub, although at a substantial loss. If I could resell the tickets, Ticketmaster could have refunded me and easily resold the tickets. Be warned. The Ticketmaster website is very user unfriendly place and once you hit the purchase button you are committed and Ticketmaster is going to do nothing for you if you make a mistake.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Due to a confusing mobile app interface, I accidentally bought tickets for a concert in a different town rather than in my town. Customer service took 5 days to reply by email (they couldn't be reached by phone) and refused to credit my account, even though the tickets have not been issued yet and the event is over three months away.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Went to purchase tickets for a $20!!! Music festival on Ticketmaster. Of course attempting to purchase 3 tickets that should've been around $60, instead came to $95 with fees. So over $30 worth of fees when the damn tickets themselves only cost $20. Beyond ridiculous. Didn't Ticketmaster just get in trouble for this BS? Oh and attempted to resolve it by giving out "free tickets" for events that aren't even available or relevant!! Such **. Sign me up for the next class action lawsuit against them. How can this be legal?

Ticketmaster Company Information

1976
9348 Civic Center Dr.
Beverly Hills
www.ticketmaster.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use