Ticketmaster

Compare Ticket Websites

Research top Ticket Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased two tickets for a hockey game via Ticketmaster. I received the incorrect tickets and they would NOT change to correct tickets, or refund my money. Customer service is not helpful and downright rude!! Now I'm stuck trying to unload two tickets I can't use.

Worst experience EVERY SINGLE TIME you log on to this stupid website. Somebody please come up with an alternative to take this monopoly out. They give you fuzzy pictures from other countries to click on like idiots to "battle the bots". I'M LOGGED IN TO MY TICKETMASTER ACCOUNT, I'M NOT A BOT. And then it just loads and loads and loads "Searching... Sit tight" and you don't want to refresh the page to "lose your spot" but you know something has obviously not worked properly. Meanwhile SOMEHOW scalpers have managed to order tickets already and put them up on eBay or Stubhub before you even get an option at seats. Pay these stupid presale fees and for what? FOR NOTHING. No surprise that it's rated one star by others too. I wish I could just go and wait in line somewhere for tickets. Instead Ticketmaster and eBay get richer and richer off of our dime.

Ticketmaster never ceases to amaze with its poor service. Unfortunately, for the tickets I bought, I could only get these through it. Bought resale tickets, which on its site clearly said instant email download. Then I got several emails from Ticketmaster that the tickets were available, and event reminders. So I tried to print them, but could not. Phoned and went through what has become the standard delay tactics by bad companies who hope you will give up and go away. Rep said "oh, they are resale tickets" (which seemed to suggest that meant something, but he later said it was not relevant). He then said the tickets could not be printed until 48 hours before the event. He said that is to protect against scalping. That's rich, given that is exactly what Ticketmaster did to sell me the tickets.

Also, the website allows me to transfer or sell the tickets, which means I could "scalp" them, but I cannot print them until just before the event. I will be out of town to see the event, and thus it will be difficult to print them out just before the event. The rep just kept repeating nonsensical statements about how all of this was for my benefit. Shameful, but it's a company that doesn't care, and has no shame.

Christmas time 2016, we flew to Las Vegas. On the 28th of Dec. 2016, We bought 5 tickets for Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas. The tickets are listed for the night show of 29th Dec. 2016, we chose for eTicket delivery. Yet no eTickets were delivered. In the afternoon of 29th, I logged onto the Ticketmaster website trying to print my tickets. However it listed as past event and as a result I could not print out any tickets. I called Ticketmaster. After nearly one hour phone call, I was told the event agency communicated the wrong timing information and as a result it was listed as past, even though at the time of the phone call, the event is actually still ongoing, however Ticketmaster was not able to re-list it as on-going because of technical reasons. I was promised to get a refund.

On the 4th of Jan. 2017, I called Ticketmaster and was told they have sent a refund request to the event agency and cannot guarantee to refund me. On the 6th of Jan 2017, I again called Ticketmaster (after one corporate person left a message). The person was very impatient and condescending and did not appear to be aware of anything regarding this matter. She stated the ticket was valid for a year (which is completely not true). I spent another half hour on the phone explaining the whole situation.

In short, this is what went wrong with Ticketmaster: 1) Bad/no communication. There is no email sent after the purchase, no email acknowledging any of the communications/phone calls; There seems to be a lack of internal communication too. As a result, I have to explain the whole situation each time; the communication between Ticketmaster and the various agencies on whose behalf ticket master sells ticket is also very flawed, which caused the situation. 2) Denial of the multiple mistakes on their side. Each time, somebody would blame someone else, the agency, the customer... 3) Refusal/Reluctance of refund. Because of the various mistakes Ticketmaster makes, not only did I not get to go the event as planned, but I also had to spend hours on the phone trying to get a refund.

As of now, I have still yet to hear from Ticketmaster as for the refund request. As of our Vegas experience, we had to scrap our plan for that night after spending our precious time on the phone with Ticketmaster representative. Conclusion: Never use Ticketmaster again. You may spend money on tickets that Ticketmaster have no accurate information about and you will have to spend hours trying to get your money back for an event you cannot even go to.

I bought tickets from their website and instead of allowing me to choose my tickets, they chose them for me and I was not able to sit by the aisle for my mother who is claustrophobic. You are only able to see the seat information AFTER you put in your credit card information. Totally deceitful, unfair and unreasonable and said their resale tickets are posted by private and confidential owners and so I asked them to contact directly since I purchased from their website and they should assist or guarantee the satisfaction of the purchase. They would not even attempt to contact them to explain the situation and move our tickets only 4 seats down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Ditto to everyone else's complaints on resale tickets. Purchased tickets and they were switched to a higher level. Called customer service and she admitted if you change tickets and hot refresh new tickets populate to purchase. What a scam. Paid $58.00 for a $20.00 ticket in nosebleed section. The ones who lose are the kids who wanted to see the Monster Jam up close. Placed on hold when asked to speak to a manager and never transferred. Shame on this company. Like other disappointed customers will share this story everywhere I can. Signed another good consumer getting screwed.

In a perfect example of no good deed going unpunished, I tried to buy five tickets for my out-of-state family to attend the Alamo Bowl this year. I'm not going to attend, but I wanted them to have great seats near other fans of our team. The online "map" to buy tickets was pretty wonky and kept stalling, so I downloaded and used the App for my phone. I found a great set of seats, all sitting together in the upper club section (perfect for my 78-year-old mother). Going back and forth between my computer and the App, I confirmed that these seats were the best deal I could find and would put my family squarely on the PAC-12 side of the field (our team side). The "map" on my laptop was horrible at updating, so I chose to buy the tickets on the App.

Important note: at no time did I ever click (to open) on any section of seats on the other side of the field or stadium: why would I? That's where the BIG-12 side of the field is. Ok. So I selected the club level seats on our side (clicked on the correct seats in that section), and reviewed the price (and "service charge") and purchased them! Great. I was so happy. I sent my family the good news. We were all thrilled - for 2 minutes. When I received the confirmation email, the section where the seats were was completely different from where I had been looking - and right in the middle of the BIG-12 side of the field. I IMMEDIATELY called Ticketmaster, assuming they could just cancel the transaction (as it had only been a few minutes), and I could repurchase the tickets I thought I was purchasing.

Apparently, that is impossible! In order to achieve such a reasonable result, I would have to prove that their computer system made a mistake and not me. (Interesting shift of the burden of proof.) I demanded to talk to a supervisor, who discussed the matter with me and told me he would call me back when he got a "report" from the system on my transaction. I insisted that he call me back within the hour so I could deal with the transaction with my credit card company if I needed to. (All of this was after an hour on the phone and being on-hold in between being transferred around.) While I waited, I called my credit card company to discuss my options, as clearly this was not what I intended to purchase. (Short version: I can dispute the charge, but that will take 30 days, and the tickets are for an event in 14 days.)

So. The Ticketmaster "supervisor" did not CALL back. Instead, he somehow "sent" a voicemail (which never rang on my phone) saying that the "report" indicated that I had always been in the section in which the tickets I received are located. If I want to discuss the matter, please call back - to the main, root line - not even to his extension or department. Fascinating, considering that I never opened that section, or even that side of the stadium. Why would I? If their App is so touchy as to create that possibility (without me having any idea that was what was going on), perhaps the problem is with their system. This thought reminded me of the first question I was asked by "customer service": did you see an error message or have a problem with your order? Funny. You'd have thought they might have debugged that system before setting it in motion with real money and consequences.

$817 worth of tickets. My Christmas present to my out-of-state family members! To be clear, I am not a computer neophyte: I spent the first part of my career developing and writing computer software/code, so I understand how to move around a screen and properly point-and-click - complicated as that might be with an App (website) like this one. Oh. The "supervisor" also mentioned (on the unreturnable voicemail) that maybe I can re-sell the wrong tickets to someone else on the site. So. I looked into that. Funny thing about that: once you "own" the tickets, Ticketmaster charges you an additional "service" charge to sell them, which gets added onto the ticket price, ensuring that the price for YOUR tickets are now more than other tickets in the same area (unless you choose to take a substantial loss on your "sale" price). This is assuming anyone buys the tickets in an area that is not optimal viewing.

Mind you, this is - apparently - the ONLY way to buy tickets for this event, which is why the company does not seem to care one iota about the slew of horrible reviews on sites like Yelp. I'll make sure to reiterate my experience on as many review sites as I can find. Apparently, that is my only recourse. Now, unless I find another sucker to buy my tickets, my family will now be standing in row 11 of the end-zone, in the midst of the other teams fans during the bowl game they have been waiting 10 long years (yes, we are CU fans!) to see, when they should have had a wonderful view from the Club Level on our side of the field. Welcome to modern capitalism. I did not attempt to do this on the cheap. I paid full price, and I got fully screwed!

Ticketmaster are allowing people to sell ticket at any price they want because they label it as platinum ticket. I ended up buying these platinum ticket online @ 175 each & didn't know they come with no perks. I called to find out that there were no perks with these tickets. But they have standard tickets in the same section same & same row that can be bought @ $60. They say these tickets are not resale ticket but are selling at resale prices. Very disappointing as a customer.

DO NOT PURCHASE RESALE TICKETS FROM Ticketmaster!!! I just bought two tickets to the Dierks Bentley concert for my wife on February 3rd, 2017 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta at an (unknowingly) over inflated price! After realizing this, I looked up their refund policy on their website which said 72 hours (so I thought)... I called Ticketmaster for a refund. After spending two hours on the phone with them, I am forced to take the hit for double what they are worth!!!

Their excuse is that the tickets are non-refundable because they are seller to seller... My only option is to relist the tickets on THEIR website in hopes that someone will purchase them... Here's the kicker... When the person before me listed them, they (Ticketmaster) added an extra amount per ticket for their "fees"... When I relisted them, they also added a $70 fee PER TICKET... So now they are making $140 plus what they charged the person before me off of the AUTOMATED transactions from their website... Seller to seller yet they have made probably $140 off the person I ended up buying them from, and another $140 off me... Crooks!!! No empathy whatsoever from them... If you are in the market for any tickets to an event, DO NOT use Ticketmaster resale!!! You are better off going with StubHub Canada... At least they are transparent with their prices and policies and won't bend you over...

Excellent. Always pleased to be able to use my online account. Would simply recommend an online account with Ticketmaster

Very easy and convenient way to purchase tickets. Call them, tell them what you want, pay for it and done! Simplest way to purchase tickets.

I purchased four tickets through TicketExchange by Ticketmaster for a Winnipeg Jets VS New York Rangers hockey game. I assumed I was paying face value for these tickets which ended up costing me well over $800. Only when I finally opened my e-mail from Ticketmaster in order to print off my tickets did I find out that face value for these tickets was $129 each. On top of the $50 mark up there was a ridiculous $130 service fee (who knows what that's for). In the end I essentially got ripped off for over $250. Had I known they are able to mark up resold tickets as well as charge you a bogus service fee, I would have avoided Ticketmaster all together. I strongly advise not using TicketExchange by Ticketmaster. Only people on classified sites like Kijiji and people reselling on social media will get my business from now on. Hugely disappointed.

I purchased a ticket for Mariah Carey: All I Want for Christmas Is You and I inadvertently bought the ticket for the wrong date. I have been trying to get someone to change the ticket date for the correct date and no one gets back to me. I also tried to cancel the order but you can't. I will never use Ticketmaster again for anything.

Because of so much identity theft, the process can be time-consuming. The process was done online. It took 30 or longer to purchase tickets. Identity theft have made the simple things complex. They take great effort in protection their patrons assets.

The handling fee is too much. Visit website, check venue and artist, preview seating by cost, select and purchase. Process easy. My challenge is the handling fee.

I don't buy tickets. I wish Ticketmaster would let you see price of ticket before you join.

I was on hold for almost 2 hours and then had to leave. Never did get through. Their system crashed due to so many people trying to get tickets at the same time and it just left us hanging to wait to try and get tickets with no explanation. When the system locks up due to too many people trying to get tickets at one time instead of just let people hanging for literally hours, you need to have some type of warning come up stating system has crashed.

Purchased tickets for Paul McCartney for two people handicapped for $250 plus $40 for front row floor seats. Went to the venue and the tickets we picked up at the office wasn't the seats I purchased, they were far from front row and weren't even on the floor. I then complained at the venue and was told to contact Ticketmaster. Contacted Ticketmaster and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Contacted The BBB and free MONTHS of trying to solve the problem they said they couldn't help me cause Ticketmaster doesn't belong to their company. Be aware when purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster.

The website isn't easy to use. It could use an update. Search for tickets, find right event date, time, place; then you enter how many tickets and type. Then click to prove you're not a robot and then try to figure out the map to see where you'll be sitting or standing before the timer runs out. Purchase tickets putting in email, credit card, name, and address before timer goes off. Or you have to search for tickets again. I wish the site was easier to use.

Ticketmaster has never been a problem for me that is why I continue to use them. I order my tickets online and they come in the mail or I print them off right then. I don't go to a lot of shows but when I do I use Ticketmaster. I find it is very easy to order and get tickets with them. I have never had a problem.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone today trying to get a simple receipt for an order I placed last week for over $250... still waiting to receive it. Hopefully they get the email correct this time. Highly do NOT recommend this company. If you have to order through them - order online, as the agents are completely useless.

After 40 minutes of screwing around trying to get into my account to buy concert tickets for Eric Church the best available are nose bleeds. Couldn't even get them off full website because it was jammed up. They will never have to worry about someone hacking them and crashing their site because they have done a pretty good job on their own.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Finally, after 10 or so email exchanges, the issue could get resolved.

Anette of Somerville, MA on

Original Review

I have recently purchased tickets and contacted Ticketmaster immediately afterwards in order to change the tickets for the following day (December 10th). Ever since, I am in contact with Customer Care: they are telling me that the tickets were exchanged and that I have access to them. As of yesterday, they are telling me that I had actually printed the, But there was never any print option, except for the receipt. Here is Customer Care's response: "Thank you for reaching out to us. Glad to assist you today! Sorry to hear of your troubles with printing your exchanged tickets. We checked your account and order, we see that you were finally able to print on November 11, 2016. We hope you enjoy the show." Here is my response to it: "I am sorry, but where did you see that I could print any tickets on November 11th???" I COULDN'T!!!

Again, I am attaching screenshots just taken now. Please look at them carefully. There is ONLY a "print receipt" option when I log into the www ticketmaster webpage. No "print tickets" option anywhere to be found. And, again, if I am using the app (please look at the first screenshot) on my phone: the ticket order has been canceled by you and not exchanged. I give you one more shot at fixing this, then I will have to cancel these virtual tickets that are not accessible to me, and hence worthless to me."

I had to give 1 star because there's no option for no stars. I ordered tickets to TobyMac with extra $10 for parking pass. No pass was in my package. First they tell me that they don't do that, then she said it's there ready to print. They told me I could pay again and get pass which I wouldn't do because already paid. Then they asked for order number and when I gave it, the next email from them said I gave wrong number, which I reviewed my email and had given correct number. Many back and forth emails stating different information every time.

You'd think a lucrative company would just issue the pass especially since I paid almost $200. They offended me, talked down to me and each email from different employees gave information that contradict the prior one. This company must've gotten too big since they have so many bad reviews. Someone high up needs to see what's happening in customer service. I mean just look at how many people they've done wrong. I will never use them again. I'll even pay extra if I have to. I have a lot of money so it's not about the ten bucks, it's the principle. I have string of emails should management needs them.

Ticketmaster is the worst 3rd party ever and the Al Hirschfeld Theatre agreed that I should never use Ticketmaster again... which I WON'T. I am so disgusted that Ticketmaster purged my order so that NO ONE can help me exchange my tickets. There was a snow storm on January 24th, 2016 at 2PM (EST) and Ticketmaster guaranteed (ALL OVER THEIR WEBSITE) that I could exchange my tickets due to the storm within 12 months of the show's date.

Well - Ticketmaster is a bunch of liars and I am disgusted by your customer service and by the company. I will NEVER EVER order anything through Ticketmaster again. I am posting this on Yelp and having my friend who has 200K followers put this on Instagram. This is an outrage. I followed all directions and went to the box office and they couldn't even help because TICKETMASTER PURGED MY ORDER. The next step is for me to dispute the charge on my credit card, because I am not paying for this.

Ticketmaster for a concert in Louisville, KY. While I have used them for tickets many times I have been ripped off with their parking deception. The lot was many blocks from the theater and when we arrived after 6 we were told that parking is free after 6 at that garage. When I called for a refund they refused. Don't ever buy the parking pass when purchasing concert tickets from Ticketmaster. After calling of course they will offer no refund. Ripped off!

I bought tickets to the Kevin Hart Laugh Out Loud tour at the Center Stage in Atlanta, GA on Thursday, October 20th, 2016 on October 5th. Shortly thereafter several of my friends wanted to purchased tickets as well, however they were now sold out. I had already received a confirmation as well as printed out my tickets. Tonight as I was browsing through my emails I noticed that I received an email on the 13th, which cancelled by order and refunded my money as they oversold the venue. I called Fan support and initially they were nice and apologetic. However they transferred me to someone else who stated that it is what it is and hung up the phone on me. Bad business I say... What would have happened if I just went to the venue with my tickets on Thursday. I would have been totally embarrassed.

I'm gonna try to keep this short and to the point. This is probably the only review I've ever written and that speaks volumes about how bad my experience was with this organization. To start, I purchased a vip ticket for 125 dollars thinking it was for meet and greet with Korn. I have never used Ticketmaster before and their website is misleading in the product description. Upon calling the day of the concert to inquire about what I was entitled to, I was informed that I had VIP for early entry only. This was useless to me as I couldn't enter early as I had plans with other friends. I called Ticketmaster to try and switch my ticket, granted I had purchased the insurance for my ticket and thought this would be no big deal. I was wrong. I was transferred about 3 times from Ticketmaster to insurance and back. Insurance would take 10 days to get my money back and the regular pit tickets were sold out so I was basically told I was SOL.

The service representative was extremely rude and placed me on hold for 20 min for no reason just to come back on the phone and tell me her system was down, to which she transferred me back to the automated system. (She did all this after I asked for her employee ID and name.) So after being frustrated, I tried to look for the good. I had tickets and at least I would get a free t-shirt or so I thought. A t-shirt was a part of my package, but when I showed up at 8 for the concert, I found out the vendor had already packed up and left. I went ahead to enjoy the concert thinking that I could call and explain things to Ticketmaster and they would make things right. Wrong again. They were pretty much telling me that shirts are first come first serve (even though they are a part of my package) and gave me other numbers to call.

This ends my transactions with Ticketmaster. I have never been more frustrated with a business in my life. I will never use this service again and will make it my personal goal to make sure others don't get screwed over the way I did. I paid 125 dollars for the same thing my friends got at 60 a piece. Oh, and in case you're wondering, my t-shirt issue has still not been resolved.

I purchased in April fan presale tickets for the 10/5 Sigur Ros show in Brooklyn. Ticketmaster website announced those tickets had the best value and were the best available tickets. That statement convinced me to waste 30 minutes of my day refreshing my browser and identifying lakes and letters in ridiculous captchas and end up paying $724 for 2 tickets. 5 months later I visit Ticketmaster and I realized they were selling better seats than I bought, at half price. The pre-sale strategy was misleading and this is frustrating.

Way to crush dreams Ticketmaster. We bought what we thought was a platinum package which your website described as "meet and greet, lanyard, private song and cassette tapes with upper deck seating". We paid our $319 and thought that was that, back in June. We went to will call at #myrtlebeachouseofblues for the show yesterday to pick up our VIP passes with my vinyl in hand and a wedding card for some good friends whose friendship was founded on this band to be signed. Ready to meet Claudio Sanchez and the rest of the band after months of anticipation. I've been waiting for YEARS for this dream to come true. Listening to this band since 2005, dreaming of one day meeting them just to get told you sold us just "pew seating" platinum tickets. That we did not get the meet and greet, that we basically paid $319 for a bench seat... a bench seat? General admission was $60 for two.

When I called customer service understandably upset, I was talked to like a five year old by a rude man. He treated us like we made the mistake. This happened to 3 other groups in line with us, and later in the show met 4 more groups this happened to. How could this be "user error"? How can this mistake happen and ruin so many peoples' nights? After getting the run around I finally got a "manager" who would only give me the name "Joe" who said he would refund us our tickets but wouldn't give us a confirmation email or number, no proof he refunded these tickets and told me to wait for 7 to 10 days. With my previous experience with your company, you can understand my fear of not being refunded. This was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. We will never be going through Ticketmaster again, and will continue to tell people of our experience as I'm sure all the other couples you did this to will as well.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ticketmaster has been the go-to place to find great concert and event tickets for two decades now, and recently it joined with Live Nation to make the experience even better.

• 3-day returns: Send your tickets back within three days of purchase (at least a week before the show) and get a full refund.
  • Resell marketplace: If you're too late for a refund, sell your tickets in the Ticketmaster fan-to-fan marketplace.
  • Mixed listings: Search this website for music, sports, theater, family events and VIP events.
  • Ticket deals: Search through the Deals page to find great offers on featured events.
  • Credit card payment: Ticketmaster accepts Visa, Mastercard, Diner's Club, Discover and American Express.
  • Best for Ticketmaster is a great site that is best for concert-goers, gift-givers, sports enthusiasts and theater aficionados.

Compare Ticket Websites