1.13/5
Based on 127 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 18, 2018

1062 Ticketmaster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I went on their website and purchased tickets for a Broadway show and I selected my date 3 times before it decided to go to the next screen. Then I picked my seats and paid the price but then they told me I wasn't paying attention because the tickets I purchased was for the same day. I went to see the show on the day I selected and I was told the tickets I purchased was for the week before. In fact the same day when I told them, "I didn't select that date and it must be your website" I was told they haven't heard about any problems with their website. Even if they didn't they wouldn't have said so because it's a big franchise and refuses to take any blame. I am highly disappointed and will be buying my tickets elsewhere from now on. Ruined a birthday and dinner plans for family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Several issues with purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster. Purchased presale tix to a concert. Show sold out quickly. Then a week before the show, more tickets went on sale cheaper and better seats than I purchased. Tried to purchase two row 6 seats for another show. Wouldn’t allow me because it would leave one empty seat in that row. Yet in many other places there were single seats available- meaning other people had purchased seats leaving a single seat for sale. I tried to leave a review on their site, wouldn’t allow me to submit. Emailed them about the ticket issue with no response. So shady.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I am waiting for an email for verified tickets for Elton John, and haven't even received that. I also want to tell everyone that I think this is a bogus website because they're advertising for the people that you're complaining about. Unless we get the laws changed in this country we are never going to see another concert again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Pre-Sale is an absolute joke. How can I possibly have 3 computers ready to go and refreshing the countdown to Celine Dion AMEX Pre-sale tickets to then have them all sold out immediately they come on sale??? Even the most expensive tickets are supposedly gone??? For AMEX to advertise this as a benefit of having their card is disgusting as the same thing happened with the Pink Concert.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Tried to get tickets for Paul Simon at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. I was on the site in seconds of the 10:00 AM start of sales and they were sold out unless I had an American Express Card. The $70 tickets were already being sold on resale sites yesterday and 3 to 4 times the face value. Total BS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ticketmaster?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Just another Ticketmaster scam. Rock n Roll hall of fame induction ceremony pre-registration tickets sold out in 36 seconds by my clock. Two days later, all over the internet with other ticket agencies at almost 10 times the price. Just another Ticketmaster scam as usual. Something has to be done???

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Bought tix for Dancing with the Stars in Rosemont. Bought one ticket online, was bounced from website before I could buy a second. Site wouldn't let me back in so had to buy by phone. Tix couldn't be accessed until day before the event. Phone ticket was emailed to me as pdf. Site wouldn't allow me to print the other, online purchased ticket. I have spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone trying to get it rectified - ultimately I have to pick the ticket up at Will Call (I am concerned they will have screwed this up - hopefully not). I have previously, during this process, tried calling customer service - I've never been able to talk with a person.

I have asked for some sort of compensation for this really, horrid, horrid service and they've offered me a refund of the service charges and a $10 GC towards future service charges - ridiculous. I asked them to simply refund the price of the tickets so I can buy more reliably on StubHub and they've refused. Terrible systems, bad policies, understaffed, and underqualified people. Absolutely worst service I've ever had, doing just about anything, Not first bad experience with TM. They just agreed to refund me completely - bought better, cheaper tix on StubHub.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Ticketmaster has completely taken over on ticket sales. I was registered successfully for the verified fan pre-sale for Elton John but then was on the waiting list for an actual invitation to buy tickets. The day that the actual tickets went on sale to the General Public, I tried to get tickets in multiple cities across the United States and could not find any at a decent price. I really wanted to see him at Madison Square Garden or in Boston but no tickets were available except at outrageous prices.

Next, I tried the next hour to get tickets in New Orleans, San Antonio or Dallas but it was the same story. The next hour, I tried to get tickets in Los Angeles, Oakland and San Jose and you guessed it, no tickets. Because of the time difference across the United States, I was on my computer for more than 3 hours this morning in order to be on the Ticketmaster site right when the tickets opened for each venue, taking into consideration the time difference between Eastern, Central and Pacific times.

Having no luck getting decently priced tickets, I finally bought two tickets from a verified reseller on the Ticketmaster site and paid $799 for the two tickets. Even though it's more than I would have ever thought about paying to see any artist, it actually seemed like a bargain because most of the tickets being resold were for thousands of dollars! This was immediately after the tickets began selling to the general public in each venue. It would absolutely seem to me that Ticketmaster is doing something very shady. Their fee for arranging the transaction between the reseller and myself was about $140. Why would they be invested at all in helping me get presale tickets or tickets at the normal, face value price? Does anyone think that we have a lawsuit that we could do class action against Ticketmaster? I'm not an attorney but this seems like monopoly to me.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

When I heard that Elton John was coming I immediately tried to get tickets. I was instructed at the Ticketmaster site to preregister in order to get tickets at the presale date. I registered, got my email the day of the presale and tried to buy my tickets. All I kept getting from 10:05 AM on was a message no tickets available. So I called the customer service rep and after waiting 30 minutes I was told by the rep if I wasn’t logged in at 10:00 I wouldn’t get them as they sold out in minutes. During the preregistration it was stated the reason for the preregistration was that Elton John wanted to ensure everyone got a chance to buy the tickets and preregistration would make sure of that. That is a load of crap! They ran out of tickets in minutes!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Ticketmaster totally SCREWED me! I sign up for the presale codes and verified fans for EVERY concert I want to go to. I have spent ENOUGH money on tickets through Ticketmaster and contributed to enough of their BS fees, yet, they totally ROBBED me of the tickets I secured in my cart, and immediately made them unavailable + jacked up the price. I had 4x Elton John lower level presale tickets for $121.50 and the site errored. Then I could only get upper level tickets for $47.50. I had 4x in my cart and the site would not accept my CORRECT payment info OVER AND OVER again, then said I 'had too many tickets' even though the verified fans were allowed 4 - so it just kicked me out and I lost my tickets. Ticketmaster is a RIP-OFF, ROBBERY, A GIMMICK, HORRIBLE TO FANS. And now they're trying to charge me $270 for the same tickets I had in my cart for $121.50 that they stole from me. THIEVES!!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Purchased over $200 in tickets for a concert in Madison, WI and chose "Will Call" as my ticket delivery option. Since then, I had something come up at work that may delay me getting to the concert on time on 6 March 2018. I've contacted Ticketmaster twice online (can't reach them via phone) to request that they change my ticket delivery method to mailing the tickets to me instead. I would gladly pay the delivery fee. Both times the agents I spoke with told me they could not do that. I then asked to escalate my situation to someone above them and both times I was told that they would do that and I would receive a phone call back within an hour. It's been over a week now with no callback. Needless to say I will not give any future business to Ticketmaster based on this awful experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Any concert I try to get tickets for these days costs a million dollars. Ticketmaster has presales (mostly with American Express cardholders) and sells most of the tickets. Then those customers resell the tickets for outrageous prices. Once the sale opens to the public all that is left is extremely expensive tickets, whether through Ticketmaster or resellers. It's unbelievable. Never have I had such a hard time getting tickets. I refuse to buy tickets that are so overpriced. Ticketmaster needs to get it together and make it fair for everyone but as long as they make their millions of dollars they don't really care. I wish something could be done about them. They basically have a monopoly on concert tickets.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Spent nearly $300 on tickets but they shifted date of performance to 4 months (!!) later and supposedly offered refund in their email and as per their published policy if we can't attend new date (we can't) but now fails to respond to several emails and their website's "Contact Us" attempts to seek refund now over several weeks. Tells you that they're supposed to respond within 72 hours but does not respond at all, well after that time. Considering legal action.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have never had a more awful experience with any purchase in my entire life. I purchased Taylor Swift (presale) tickets through their app as a verified fan. I had great tix in my account before the app crashed and told me my order could not be processed and tickets had been canceled. Therefore, I went through it all again. 3-5 days later I had one order in my account, but two separate orders taken out of my bank. Customer service was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL until I finally spoke with Aaron ** after an hour of arguing with the previous guy, who then refunded the order since it was their fault.

They claimed they couldn't tell from their end that there was an issue with the app during my purchase. DON'T LET THEM TELL YOU THEY CAN'T REFUND YOU! I've worked in ticket industry and know how it works. That still didn't fix my overdraft charges my bank charged me. Aaron was so kind on the phone, and told me he would help get me the information I needed to fix the overdraft charges. I've tried contacting him and he has ignored my emails ever since. If I knew I was going to lose over $100 because of this right before Christmas time (or anytime), I would've never ordered through Ticketmaster and never will again. I'm just thankful it's only $100 I lost because it was almost over $300 total if it was up to the first guy I spoke with. They don't care about you as a person. Just a typical, money-hungry company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

It is way too hard to buy wheelchair accessible seats. If you try to do it online, the site inevitably tells you that you will leave seats orphaned in a row so you can't have them. So you call the ticket line. I have tried that on Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday. It is too busy so no one answers. Instead of on a person on the phone, you can get the automated ticket line. There, after about 10 questions, it finally asks if you need accessible tickets. If you answer yes, it tells you to press 9. I press 9, 99999, 9# and nothing happens. It has NEVER worked any of the times I have tried. I finally called their customer support phone and was able to get tickets. But there needs to be a better routine way to get wheelchair plus companion seating through Ticketmaster.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I went on TICKETMASTER website to purchase Dancing With The Stars tickets for my mom for Christmas. I was very confused as to what were 1st run tickets and resale tickets, which the site is very vague about. I finally bought tix and they sent me the printable version of tix. I wanted some confirmation since they were listed as seats 39 & 41. The lady was trying to make me feel stupid because I didn't know that 39 & 41 were together, even tho she had pulled up seats 1 & 2 on her end. SMH. Either way, I felt comfortable moving closer to the date. That all would be good.

Get a call from my mom the night of the show and she wasn't able to get in. Her and her friend are standing out in 18 temps so I called Ticketmaster to address the situation. They told me the tickets weren't sold thru them and I should contact the reseller. I explained the confirmation email AND printable tickets were sent to me by TICKETMASTER, not a reseller. She puts me on hold forever, and comes back with telling me to call a number and ticketmaster is not in any way responsible. When I told her I thought this was **, she took it personally and starts lecturing me about my vocabulary, which I felt I perfectly described the situation. Well needless to say, I lost it! I reminded her my 75 year old mom was standing out in the cold over their incompetence and asked how she would feel if it were HER mom. Crickets... That's what I thought.

So then I called the reseller who had me on hold for 15 minutes and I hung up. I had earlier sent my mom the tickets on her friend's phone and they worked it out with the venue even tho they still weren't scanning. This is ridiculous how you charge enormous service fees but don't take responsibility after the sale. Let me say that SERVICE includes sale and everything including getting into the event. They show no customer service whatsoever, and btw, training your reps to say "sir I do apologize" sounds very condescending and non-caring when it's not backed up with a true solution. I'll never buy a gift for someone from TAKE IT MASTER again. Too embarrassing. They should be completely ashamed but they aren't I assure you. They're only about their money and could care less about the customer. If I could give a negative rating I would!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I tried to inquire about the Bulls game for Family Day games through my phone for 6 tickets. I selected the tickets and was waiting to enter the "family" promo code to get the $25 price per ticket. After I entered my card info I was under the impression that I would see the breakdown of the ticket prices and the field to enter the promo code before the order would go through and saw nothing. The following page was a "thank you for your purchase" and was charged $60 dollar per ticket. Because I'm an idiot I used my check card and now I'm out 400 dollars from my checking account. I called Ticketmaster right away and they were closed. I called the very next day and spoke with Anna and explained to them that I was only inquiring about tickets to see what it would cost at $25 per ticket with parking and fees etc. and that these tickets were purchased accidentally and was told that there was nothing they could do, and I had an option to sell them.

I told them no one would buy these tickets at the price I paid for because they are $25. I called them back again and spoke with Liz and she said that she would contact the venue to see if they would approve a refund and they would give me a call to let me know and a few hours later I received an email stating that the refund was not authorized by the client was the email I received from Arturo from Ticketmaster fan support. Purchasing ticket through the phone is very deceptive as it doesn't give you the breakdown of all the charges before submitting. The insurance cost didn't appear until after I received an email of all the charges. I will never buy anything from these crooks at Ticketmaster.

\

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

12/17/17, Janet Jackson concert at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA. The seats that I paid for were "supposedly" unavailable due to recent renovations to the venue. We were re-seated to TERRIBLE seats that were NOWHERE NEAR the location or QUALITY of seats that I paid for. I selected/paid for seats in Section 306 (upper level, just left of centered-stage). After standing in a looooooong line waiting with 50+ other annoyed, confused, and inconvenienced concert-goers AND dealing with the RUDE ushers at the "re-seating" table we were finally reassigned seats--just minutes before that concert started--that were HIGHER UP and to the left of the stage. We were given seats that were a lesser value than what I paid. Ticketmaster should be aware of any renovations done to the venues where they sell tickets AND update their website accordingly. It is unethical to sell tickets for more than $100 each BUT reassign people to seats valued around $45-55.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I received an email directly from Ticketmaster stating my tickets to an event were sold. I immediately called them to state I didn't want these tickets sold. After 2 hours of dealing with different people giving me different answers, I ended up speaking with a supervisor from the fraud department. I was told that since I was being paid for these tickets, it wasn't fraud. I told them I never listed them. I was told I had made a mistake. The tickets were well undervalued for what they sold for. The tickets were listed at midnight on a Wednesday my time, and they could not provide the IP address they were listed from. Ticketmaster has no incentive to help me with this. In fact, they have an economic drive to not help me with this, since they make money on the sale.

I have seen multiple people claim the same thing online. How has a class action lawsuit not been filed over these types of occurrences? Seems like an easy way for people to commit fraud, without it looking like fraud and Ticketmaster has no economic drive to prevent, since they would actually lose money preventing it. (Loss of their fee on the resale.)

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I wanted the best seats at House of Blues - Chicago for a show in Feb 2018. Live Nation (Ticketmaster) is the controller of tickets. The scam is crooks buy tickets then post them on the same website as resale. The tickets are advertised as better or reserved seating when in fact they are standard general admission tickets set at a gouging price. The Live Nation has a price scroll bar so if you slide to the highest price (better tickets) all you are doing is filtering out the standard price tickets and getting nothing but ripped off. Ticketmaster response to a refund is "no refund" you agreed to terms when you purchased. The website is incredibly deceiving to a first time user. How about a warning (you can purchase these same level tickets for less). Na then the crooks would not have any advantage. Oh and Ticketmaster already has gotten to the Credit Card companies - no disputing their charges. Unbelievable!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I opened “view tickets” from confirmation email and then it turns out it was a full new purchase for the event. How could they possibly be linked to a new purchase I dont know but Mona and Zack in customer service did nothing to rectify leaving me with 2 purchases of 2 tickets for the Nutcracker for $140 at a community center. Yea. Happy holidays to you too. What a ripoff. Disgusted with the lack of empathy and help to reimburse a purchase made in error due to the website incorrect link.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I recently purchased a ticket to a concert. Since I only had to buy one ticket for myself for this particular show, I decided I'd splurge and get the best seats I could. I had the code for the pre-sale and was online at 10:00 when the sale began. I selected the $175.00 "Platinum" tickets again, because I wanted to get the best possible seat.

Considering the price was more than double the regular ticket price and the option was labeled as "Platinum tickets", it is absolutely reasonable to expect either, significantly better quality seats than those available at the regular ticket price OR some other additional benefits/amenities. However, what the customer gets for paying more than double is nothing. After completing my purchase, I got in touch with a friend to tell him the section and seat I got for the $175 "Platinum" ticket I purchased and ask where his seats were.

He informed me then that I had just been scammed if my tickets do not include any extras and then proceeded to get back online and was able to pull up a ticket for a seat in the same section and only one row behind the row my seat was in for $65. So I was charged a $110 premium for a seat that's only one row better than a regular priced ticket. Of course, the fact that there's a timer running that limits the amount of time you have to complete your purchase and there is no way to compare the seats that are available in the different categories/price ranges without going back and losing your place in the "queue", makes it impossible to see exactly what your options are without the risk of being dropped back to the end of the line.

The response I received from Ticketmaster's "Platinum Ticket" fan support reps was as follows... "Official Platinum Seats are some of the best seats in the house, set aside for fans by artists and event providers. Official Platinum Seats offer safe and equitable access to up-close event experiences, however they don't include additional amenities like merch or VIP perks. Official Platinum Seats are only available online."

So, basically they blame the artists and promoters for the ticket prices and if their explanation that "Platinum" seats offer is correct, that they "offer safe and equitable access" to events, does that mean that customers who do not pay a surcharge of more than double the regular ticket price do NOT get safe and equitable access to the events they're selling tickets for? I fell for the Ticketmaster/Live Nation "Premium" ticket scam this time but it will never happen again and will do as much as possible to inform others of this fraud being committed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was supposed to get a refund for these tickets. I TOLD the agents that the card I used for the purchase was a one time use disposable card that I DEACTIVATED right after the purchase and that refunding the money to that card will be useless. I told the rep it needs to go to a valid credit card of mine, I gave her the info and she said, "Ok it's taken care of, refund will go to the card you provided me with." It DIDN'T and now I lost my money because they refunded the money to an INACTIVE disposable one time use card. Called Ticketmaster and they didn't give a damn to fix this. All they said is, "Sorry nothing I can do." Wow what customer service. If they don't fix this and refund back to the VALID ACTIVE card I have as opposed to the one I TOLD them was DEACTIVATED and ONE TIME USE, I will be reporting them to BBB. Their choice. Let's see if they make this right or don't care.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I have tickets in my online account but because I refuse to put the Ticketmaster app on my phone they won't give me access to the tickets. Told I have no choice. Must download the app to get the tickets. So now I have one of the worst companies in America app on my phone. Then the online account did not sync with the app locking me out of my account.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I was charged $56 in taxes and fees for two terrible $39 seats at the Janet Jackson concert. I was charged for parking and was told at the gate that parking was NOT included. These people are rip-offs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had a great experience when it came down to ordering my tickets online. I was having a problem and I email Ticketmaster and they responded and handle my questions. Keep up the good work Ticketmaster.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

So disorganized. I was trying to buy tickets for Taylor Swift and it kept on trying to load verifying my tickets, for I’d say 30 minutes. Then the page went completely white and blank. At this point I was having a full blown panic attack while my dad was trying to get on the phone with Ticketmaster customer support, and for 30 minutes he was on the phone being transferred to the next agent. Then my dad refreshed the page and I had to enter the presale code in again, and it wouldn’t let me in, since it thought I already used the code to buy tickets, which I didn’t.

I had a severe panic attack and was throwing a fit and was going insane for an hour and a half until my sister finally somehow bought tickets, much farther back than the original ones I was trying to buy. I am very very unsatisfied based on this experience, they need to get more people to help on the phone and for people’s access code to not be considered as used until an actual purchase is made. This whole situation also could’ve been avoided if I just received a message that my tickets had been bought and was able to select new ones. I was expecting a more organized purchase so I could actually be excited for the concert instead of being angered at the horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My granddaughter paid $170 to see Evanescence in St. Louis, MO on December 3rd. The price was to include coasters, and a pre-show experience where she could watch the band rehearse. She was told to be at the Peabody Opera House 2 hours early to watch. She arrived in time, and along with about 100 others, was told that there had been some "mistake" and that the pre-show experience was NOT included in the price of the ticket. All the guests that had been told they were to be there for this experience had to sit and wait 2 hours for the show to begin... No offer for a partial refund or anything else. This was false advertising.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Ticketmaster Jay-Z 4:44 Tour - I am very upset with Ticketmaster. I had mistakenly ordered 2 tickets for a show that was located in a different state and the show was happening on the day of. I called that same day to have my money refunded but the customer service was closed. The other option was that I can email customer service but it would take 72 hours for them to reach me back. I then decided okay well I can call them the following business day to have my money refunded. I called and I was told that I was supposed to have called the day of the show in order to get an exchange/refund. I argued that I did but service was closed and I emailed instead.

This lady argued stating that it’s unfortunate and she cannot refund me my money and that there were no other options she could do. All I asked was to either have my money of 564.80 refunded/exchange or receive tickets for the show that I originally wanted to go see in MY city. I was willing to be offered credit to my account, however she made no exception and would not accommodate at all!! I have been a valued customer for years and for them to treat me with such careless and non negotiable way was pathetic and very disappointing. This will be my LAST time that I will EVER purchase through Ticketmaster again. I have spent over 500 for two tickets and they couldn’t reimburse me. I am very upset with you all and again WILL NOT recommend Ticketmaster at all nor will I shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Will stop going to concerts after this last Ticketmaster experience. Continuous errors during purchase process. Website said I had up to 72 hours to cancel transaction. Tried to cancel and fine print states not all artists or venues will allow cancel. Cannot even re-sell these tickets on their site. I selected print tickets at home and was charged for mail delivery. Have been trying to call them for 3 days and get a constant busy signal. Will NEVER go through them again. They are a terrible company.

Ticketmaster Company Information