Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.6/5 (66 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About SilverSingles

SilverSingles is a matchmaking website for singles 50 and older. The company claims its intelligent matchmaking algorithm delivers compatible suggestions for long-term relationship partners. You can sign up for its free or paid memberships by visiting its website.

Pros

• Science-backed personality test
  • Multiple safety features
  • Restricted to users aged 50+

Cons

• Algorithm favors frequent users
  • Free membership is limited

Bottom Line

SilverSingles offers a secure dating experience for singles older than 50. The algorithm provides multiple matches daily using the five-factor model. You can use a free limited version or pay for unlimited access.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is SilverSingles?

SilverSingles members complete a personality test when they register for an account. The company developed the personality test with cooperation from psychologists and relationship experts. It's based on the five-factor model theory of personality traits and considers:

• Openness
  • Conscientiousness
  • Extraversion
  • Agreeableness
  • Neuroticism

The personality test is divided into sections like communication skills, personality traits and attitude towards relationships. Overall, the test takes about 25 minutes to complete, and the company recommends taking time to consider the questions carefully before answering.

The other important part of the registration process is providing information based on your expectations. You can set your relationship goals, standards and sociodemographic data. You’re asked specific questions, including whether you enjoy traveling and if you have a preference for your partner’s age and education level.

How does SilverSingles work?

Once you’ve completed your personality test and set up a profile, the SilverSingles algorithm compares it against thousands of other profiles. It then sends you daily matches based on your search criteria and personal traits.

One thing to be aware of is that SilverSingles rewards users for their activity. This means that the more you interact with the website or app, the more likely you are to receive high-quality matches. According to the site, there are several reasons for this — since online dating requires patience, SilverSingles wants to reward users who display that patience by not giving up. The company also believes that activity levels reflect a person's commitment to finding a partner.

SilverSingles has two membership tiers: free and premium. The company recommends using the free membership to test the app. With a free membership, you have limited access to features and profiles. A premium membership gives you unlimited access to the entire website, including premium member profiles and messaging. Premium members can also add photos to their profile.

How much does SilverSingles cost?

There are several payment options for the SilverSingles premium membership. Users can choose a three-, six- or 12-month membership. Each membership term has a monthly cost. As with many subscriptions, the longer the term, the lower the monthly fee.

• Three months: $49.95/month
  • Six months: $37.95/month
  • 12 months: $27.95/month

SilverSingles FAQ

Is SilverSingles dating site free to use?
SilverSingles has free and paid options. Users can have a free membership with limited access or a full premium membership.
Is SilverSingles a safe site?
SilverSingles has multiple layers of security. The website uses SSL encryption, identity authentication and fraud detection systems to keep user information secure. The company also performs daily profile checks on new members.
How do I join SilverSingles?
New users can create a free account using the “Sign Me Up” button at the top of the page. The website takes you through creating your profile step by step, including taking the personality test.
How does the SilverSingles matchmaking process work?
SilverSingles bases its matchmaking on several factors. The five-factor model helps give the website an idea of who you are and what you're looking for. It takes into account your location, personality, lifestyle plans and relationship goals. From there, it offers users between three and seven matches daily.
Can I access SilverSingles from my computer or tablet?
SilverSingles is available to use on Android or iPhone apps, but you can also use it on laptops or tablets through its website.

Is SilverSingles legitimate?

SilverSingles makes it easier to find a romantic partner if you're over the age of 50. The company provides matches based on a psychologist-backed personality test. It may not be the best choice for someone looking for free matchmaking because the company's free membership limits user access to many features, including profiles and messaging. With a paid membership, however, you get extra features and unlimited access. If you're willing to pay for a membership, we recommend SilverSingles for matchmaking over 50.

SilverSingles Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Not worth the $. My only option was 6 months upfront. The males can sign up for less time. Also many, many matches come with no photo. (You can request but they don't send). Seems creepy. I'm also short so many of my matches are also short. I can only choose if they need to be near my height or not, can not choose height preference. Site also tells me my 50km range is too narrow. If you just want lots of pen pals from across the country, then this is the site for you. My advice, go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I paid for premiere membership and regretted it within days. I'd say that a good 60% of the "matches" I receive are fake profiles. Photos stolen off the internet, English clearly their second language (when they claim to be born and raised in Nebraska or something), messages along the lines of, "You are a very beautiful Queen. I would love to take care of you." I've had exactly two conversations with real people, but neither of them were my "type." But at least they were actual people, which is why I'm giving two stars instead of one. SilverSingles is really a huge waste of time.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been subjected to several incidents where the person messaging me has asked for my email and/or phone number which is against the rules of the site and indicative of fraudulent identities. Twice SilverSingles has notified me of suspicious characters and their profiles were deleted from the site. I have not received responses from probably legit matches when I send a smile or a message. A great number of the matches do not have photos, in all the experience has been very unsatisfactory. I would not recommend SilverSingles.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Beware if consider on joining. I decided to join a site as paying member. Site limits to 9 matches people per day which is ridiculous as a paying member. This site is worst experience & customer service is non existent. Received emails 5yat I have messages however site says no messages. I want a refund. 3 months & 50. It's like I threw away $50.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I bought a 6 month subscription to this service. I set my preferences to include matches from 50 miles of my home city. To date, after almost 3 months, I have had less than 10 matches that are even in that area. Not to mention I started receiving, in the E mail account I created ONLY for this site, E Mails from complete strangers who got my E Mail and were asking me to visit their website or call. I am certain these people got my E Mail address from Silver Singles. Customer Service is horrible. They respond with canned form E Mails and never answer specific questions.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Firstly, I found that there were not very many profiles at all for this type of search. Second, "Matches" were people that lived over 400 km away, not reasonable, especially when I put in my profile a reasonable 100 km distance preference.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Unless you look like you belong on tv or in a commercial, don’t waste your time. You could write to dozens of women on here, but only 1% will ever respond back. It’s just like every other dating site. The women say one thing, but your pic tells all to them. They don’t want to waste time finding out that you are a really good catch!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Over priced and not restricted to my preferences for a match.. Lots of emails fill my inbox. The ladies I contacted did not fit their profiles for many. Cumbersome website. Their web implementation fails to recognize for us savvy seniors, it's a look before you buy approach and they don't allow a good look.. Instead transfer look see to signing up. Their business model is based upon the notion we would forget to cancel and they would keep billing monthly.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Well, the ladies on this site are well educated, smart, going places, and lays it all on the line. They are upfront real in every aspect of the word. I really can see myself engaging in a with several of these lovely ladies.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I'm interested in older women, and thought Silver Singles was a place where I could search for profiles, or would use a swipe-system like most other dating apps. This model of dating website works because statistically, a man will need to swipe roughly 1,000 times before he gets 1 match. That's the simple reality of what it means to do online dating if you're a man. You know you'll need to send out lots of messages before anyone replies.

So I came on Silver Singles, having paid the full price for 3 months, and saw only 9 matches. I thought maybe those are just recommended profiles... I started clicking around looking for the search bar where I could see 500 more profiles and get to messaging. Again, I purchased 3 months, so if I start sending out messages now, I can expect to get maybe 4 or 5 replies before my membership expires. I touched every button I could find, and there doesn't appear to be a search bar. What gives?

So I clicked on "help", thinking I'm just missing the option that lets me access the thousands of profiles I very clearly and obviously need, because honestly, it's just a fact of life that men will not get matches better than 500 messages for 1 response, and even the most casual online dater knows this. That's when I saw the help page, quote: "You cannot search our website for members; we do the work and recommend compatible matches for you." ... Are... you... serious?

I mean... okay, this idea MIGHT work, if your website matched me to, say, 10,000 other people I could browse through. But you matched me to literally NINE PEOPLE AND THAT'S IT!! And I changed my settings to allow for literally anyone over the age of 50. And all I'm matched to is just the nine? So I paid 50 dollars for 3 months and this is all I get. I can message all of them in ten minutes. Then what? I sit and wait for the next 89 days and hope that one replies? Go on literally any other website where you can actually swipe or browse. With SilverSingles, you're left at the complete mercy of their algorithm. Imagine if it only matched you with 3 people after you went and paid the full premium price for membership.

SilverSingles Company Information