3.4/5 (182 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About SilverSingles

SilverSingles is a matchmaking website for singles 50 and older. The company claims its intelligent matchmaking algorithm delivers compatible suggestions for long-term relationship partners. You can sign up for its free or paid memberships by visiting its website.

Pros

• Science-backed personality test
  • Multiple safety features
  • Restricted to users aged 50+

Cons

• Algorithm favors frequent users
  • Free membership is limited

Bottom Line

SilverSingles offers a secure dating experience for singles older than 50. The algorithm provides multiple matches daily using the five-factor model. You can use a free limited version or pay for unlimited access.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is SilverSingles?

SilverSingles members complete a personality test when they register for an account. The company developed the personality test with cooperation from psychologists and relationship experts. It's based on the five-factor model theory of personality traits and considers:

• Openness
  • Conscientiousness
  • Extraversion
  • Agreeableness
  • Neuroticism

The personality test is divided into sections like communication skills, personality traits and attitude towards relationships. Overall, the test takes about 25 minutes to complete, and the company recommends taking time to consider the questions carefully before answering.

The other important part of the registration process is providing information based on your expectations. You can set your relationship goals, standards and sociodemographic data. You’re asked specific questions, including whether you enjoy traveling and if you have a preference for your partner’s age and education level.

How does SilverSingles work?

Once you’ve completed your personality test and set up a profile, the SilverSingles algorithm compares it against thousands of other profiles. It then sends you daily matches based on your search criteria and personal traits.

One thing to be aware of is that SilverSingles rewards users for their activity. This means that the more you interact with the website or app, the more likely you are to receive high-quality matches. According to the site, there are several reasons for this — since online dating requires patience, SilverSingles wants to reward users who display that patience by not giving up. The company also believes that activity levels reflect a person's commitment to finding a partner.

SilverSingles has two membership tiers: free and premium. The company recommends using the free membership to test the app. With a free membership, you have limited access to features and profiles. A premium membership gives you unlimited access to the entire website, including premium member profiles and messaging. Premium members can also add photos to their profile.

How much does SilverSingles cost?

There are several payment options for the SilverSingles premium membership. Users can choose a three-, six- or 12-month membership. Each membership term has a monthly cost. As with many subscriptions, the longer the term, the lower the monthly fee.

• Three months: $49.95/month
  • Six months: $37.95/month
  • 12 months: $27.95/month

SilverSingles FAQ

Is SilverSingles dating site free to use?

SilverSingles has free and paid options. Users can have a free membership with limited access or a full premium membership.

Is SilverSingles a safe site?

SilverSingles has multiple layers of security. The website uses SSL encryption, identity authentication and fraud detection systems to keep user information secure. The company also performs daily profile checks on new members.

How do I join SilverSingles?

New users can create a free account using the “Sign Me Up” button at the top of the page. The website takes you through creating your profile step by step, including taking the personality test.

How does the SilverSingles matchmaking process work?

SilverSingles bases its matchmaking on several factors. The five-factor model helps give the website an idea of who you are and what you're looking for. It takes into account your location, personality, lifestyle plans and relationship goals. From there, it offers users between three and seven matches daily.

Can I access SilverSingles from my computer or tablet?

SilverSingles is available to use on Android or iPhone apps, but you can also use it on laptops or tablets through its website.

Is SilverSingles legitimate?

SilverSingles makes it easier to find a romantic partner if you're over the age of 50. The company provides matches based on a psychologist-backed personality test. It may not be the best choice for someone looking for free matchmaking because the company's free membership limits user access to many features, including profiles and messaging. With a paid membership, however, you get extra features and unlimited access. If you're willing to pay for a membership, we recommend SilverSingles for matchmaking over 50.

SilverSingles Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

In May 2022, I called the customer service at Silversingles.com several times to cancel the membership. But nobody picked up the phone. There is a trick and fraud made by this company. I have followed the instructions of cancellation and have entered the end of date of subscription 05/11/2022 on my account. However, this company still charged me $116.05 in 11/11/2022. Today when I logged in my account, I found this company changed the end of date of subscription to 05/11/23 after this company charged $116.05 on 11/11/2022. This company made a fraud on the customers. I requested a refund, and it was denied. NEVER SUBSCRIBE SILVERSINGLES.COM

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Use PLENTY OF FISH instead. They have have FREE MESSAGING. Yes, you can pay for more features but Messaging is free. So, you can chat and meet people without paying. SILVER SINGLES is just an ELABORATE SCAM! You can't do anything useful as a free member. I WASTED HOURS setting up a profile, taking their "personality tests", and THEN found out that you can't see profiles, message, chat, see photos or anything else unless you pay $20-30 per month! A total waste of time!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

First their prices are ridiculous. I thought it was because they must have a good selection. NOOO! The worst I've ever seen... To make matter worse some crazy guy is stalking me from their site. This site will lie about how much also.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I joined this site about three months ago. I said I wanted to date people within 100 miles of my home but I keep getting people hundreds of miles away being pushed. Evidently not a lot of singles in my area and I live in a huge metropolitan area. You also get about six scammers a day saying, "My friend saw your picture on the site. Please email him at this address. He wants to get to know you." Total scam. I keep reporting this to SilverSingles but they don’t care. Lack of dating material combined with the scamming makes this site a no go. Don’t waste your money. I have three more months left of this crap.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

This dating site has to be the fakest ever!! The site states there is a matching number from 0-100. So when you see 105 or even 172 as a great match, it's just one of hundreds of fake profiles. Steer clear of this site, it's just money down the drain.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

No ladies, but they send males and some ladies. What a rip off. There should be more regulation on all these sites. For other people look elsewhere. I am sure there are better sites out there. Put your credit card away and save money.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

If I could give a zero star I would. Their algorithm is broken. I get people from over 200 miles away on my profile app. These people are also out of my dating range as much as 5 years. I complained, they said they would give me half my money back. But what they did is block me from responding. Do not use this site. It's all full of scammers and false profiles.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Just horrible. Full of scammers. I feel no trust when on this site. I received a recommendation from this site. I am on one other (horrible) site. The same person is on both sites using different towns, even different states! Someone is making lots of money. I'm so mad at myself for wasting my money!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Since joining a short time ago I’ve been inundated with messages from scammers. I’ve reported this many times to no avail. I asked to cancel my membership however, they would not cancel until Jan 2023. I would highly recommend not going anywhere near this website.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I signed up for Premium service with SilverSingles back in January. At first, I connected with a few people, who all turned out to be fake profiles, constantly changing phone numbers, etc. After just a short time, I logged in to cancel my premium membership. Later, I kept getting notices about automatic renewal; however, when I logged into the site, I could see my cancellation. THEN they started contacting me trying to collect for my premium renewal, and made it incumbent upon me to prove I'd cancelled earlier. Of course, they nixed my ability to access the site to prove this. Now, they are threatening to sue me and ruin my credit rating. Please steer clear! This is not a reputable site, and is run by people who have no discernable ethics.

SilverSingles Company Information