3.4/5 (166 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About SilverSingles

SilverSingles is a matchmaking website for singles 50 and older. The company claims its intelligent matchmaking algorithm delivers compatible suggestions for long-term relationship partners. You can sign up for its free or paid memberships by visiting its website.

Pros

• Science-backed personality test
  • Multiple safety features
  • Restricted to users aged 50+

Cons

• Algorithm favors frequent users
  • Free membership is limited

Bottom Line

SilverSingles offers a secure dating experience for singles older than 50. The algorithm provides multiple matches daily using the five-factor model. You can use a free limited version or pay for unlimited access.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is SilverSingles?

SilverSingles members complete a personality test when they register for an account. The company developed the personality test with cooperation from psychologists and relationship experts. It's based on the five-factor model theory of personality traits and considers:

• Openness
  • Conscientiousness
  • Extraversion
  • Agreeableness
  • Neuroticism

The personality test is divided into sections like communication skills, personality traits and attitude towards relationships. Overall, the test takes about 25 minutes to complete, and the company recommends taking time to consider the questions carefully before answering.

The other important part of the registration process is providing information based on your expectations. You can set your relationship goals, standards and sociodemographic data. You’re asked specific questions, including whether you enjoy traveling and if you have a preference for your partner’s age and education level.

How does SilverSingles work?

Once you’ve completed your personality test and set up a profile, the SilverSingles algorithm compares it against thousands of other profiles. It then sends you daily matches based on your search criteria and personal traits.

One thing to be aware of is that SilverSingles rewards users for their activity. This means that the more you interact with the website or app, the more likely you are to receive high-quality matches. According to the site, there are several reasons for this — since online dating requires patience, SilverSingles wants to reward users who display that patience by not giving up. The company also believes that activity levels reflect a person's commitment to finding a partner.

SilverSingles has two membership tiers: free and premium. The company recommends using the free membership to test the app. With a free membership, you have limited access to features and profiles. A premium membership gives you unlimited access to the entire website, including premium member profiles and messaging. Premium members can also add photos to their profile.

How much does SilverSingles cost?

There are several payment options for the SilverSingles premium membership. Users can choose a three-, six- or 12-month membership. Each membership term has a monthly cost. As with many subscriptions, the longer the term, the lower the monthly fee.

• Three months: $49.95/month
  • Six months: $37.95/month
  • 12 months: $27.95/month

SilverSingles FAQ

Is SilverSingles dating site free to use?

SilverSingles has free and paid options. Users can have a free membership with limited access or a full premium membership.

Is SilverSingles a safe site?

SilverSingles has multiple layers of security. The website uses SSL encryption, identity authentication and fraud detection systems to keep user information secure. The company also performs daily profile checks on new members.

How do I join SilverSingles?

New users can create a free account using the “Sign Me Up” button at the top of the page. The website takes you through creating your profile step by step, including taking the personality test.

How does the SilverSingles matchmaking process work?

SilverSingles bases its matchmaking on several factors. The five-factor model helps give the website an idea of who you are and what you're looking for. It takes into account your location, personality, lifestyle plans and relationship goals. From there, it offers users between three and seven matches daily.

Can I access SilverSingles from my computer or tablet?

SilverSingles is available to use on Android or iPhone apps, but you can also use it on laptops or tablets through its website.

Is SilverSingles legitimate?

SilverSingles makes it easier to find a romantic partner if you're over the age of 50. The company provides matches based on a psychologist-backed personality test. It may not be the best choice for someone looking for free matchmaking because the company's free membership limits user access to many features, including profiles and messaging. With a paid membership, however, you get extra features and unlimited access. If you're willing to pay for a membership, we recommend SilverSingles for matchmaking over 50.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Since joining a short time ago I’ve been inundated with messages from scammers. I’ve reported this many times to no avail. I asked to cancel my membership however, they would not cancel until Jan 2023. I would highly recommend not going anywhere near this website.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I signed up for Premium service with SilverSingles back in January. At first, I connected with a few people, who all turned out to be fake profiles, constantly changing phone numbers, etc. After just a short time, I logged in to cancel my premium membership. Later, I kept getting notices about automatic renewal; however, when I logged into the site, I could see my cancellation. THEN they started contacting me trying to collect for my premium renewal, and made it incumbent upon me to prove I'd cancelled earlier. Of course, they nixed my ability to access the site to prove this. Now, they are threatening to sue me and ruin my credit rating. Please steer clear! This is not a reputable site, and is run by people who have no discernable ethics.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I joined SilverSingles after my breakup with boyfriend of 6 years. The site have limited choices, I paid $106 for one year. I've been on the site 3 months, had one date, many reach out to me, some are scammers, not a good choice of men of **. I would not recommend SilverSingles if you are looking for a serious relationship. Most men on this site are serial daters (at this age let it go). My subscription end in November. This site has tainted my belief in dating sites.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I am a female over 50 and need to protect myself. I did not feel safe on this site. There were so many scammers that will send you a different person's email and this is a scam. This is such a large company that should be able to program this site to stop that. Beyond that there were many matches at first and then almost none for weeks. There is no refund for the money you pay and now I've read that they still will charge your card for auto pay. Have not had this happens but as messed up as this company is I suspect this will happen.

Original review: May 28, 2022

After a six month subscription, I did not find this site valuable in the quality of matches (not one person date resulted) and further I thought I had cancelled prior to the auto renew but they refuse to refund the auto renew. As others have noted, there were also a lot of scammers who either had false profiles or trying to use someone else's profile to initiate contact.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I signed up on Silver Singles over 2 months ago and am overall very dissatisfied with this site. Not only is their choice of matches mostly all wrong, but I haven't been able to access private messages from other members in months. When I reported the problem to the site, they replied I should try a new browser (!!). Also, there are TONS of fake profiles and oddly, the messages from those scammers always came through to me. Another thing: I tried to call their customer service number and was put on hold for over 40 minutes and I finally hung up. Do not waste your money & time!!

Original review: May 11, 2022

This site is a total joke. I get 10-15 'smiles' every day that are usually younger than 50 and many have no photos. Others have even written their phone numbers on their pictures. I have also limited my search to 100 miles but these 'scammers' are from all over the country. I tried to cancel this account but was told I could not because it had been more than 3 days. I have also reported and asked for help to stop these type of contacts - to no avail. I have not found anyone that I would want to go out with.

Original review: May 11, 2022

This site is now taken over by scammers. They take advantage of the free 3 days starter deal to open bogus accounts and send out 100s of "smiles" to pull in the gullible. Your inbox will quickly fill-up by scam messages. This site is a total waste of time and money.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I am having the same experience as others who are receiving too many messages that either request I contact them through their email address or say they have a friend and to contact their friend through the friend's email address.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Silver Singles is a very ineffective, frustrating website/app for 'dating'; In over four months, I only encountered ONE viable/realistic dating option... Why? I got more "messages" from #TinderSwindler-type guys than regular, pleasant messages ...They had a scripted way of telling me about their "friend" [not on the site], "interested" in me... & gave email/phone information for me to contact them (or asked for MINE ...).

They do NOT do a good job of sending *matches*... I feel they didn't vet their candidates very well/thoroughly at all. MANY had NO pictures, scant 'profiles', and/or didn't use their real [first] names ...That felt to me like they weren't serious about this endeavor, or they were hiding something. I told/"help"ed the site by reporting these things in detail -- apparently, that went nowhere ...for months! My other gripe is that the distance-range for dating candidates was 50 MILES...no less -- that does not set one up for possibilities to sustain a real relationship; I told them that, too!! I received more emails FROM 'SS' that led with "security notification" about 'possible scammers' than I did anything else. It was an exercise in futility and frustration.

I would research much better/more successful sites ...There are some that have better profile parameters etc., but I definitely do NOT recommend this one -- and, while it is not a usual thing for me to write a scathing review, I told them I would do so, esp. when they wouldn't refund my poor months of service, (and TOLD me I "should have called sooner") -- Silly me, I thought they were actually READING my WRITTEN requests etc. -- and diligently reported the hordes of fake messages I received via their site ...attempting to scam me. Please... DON'T FALL VICTIM!

SilverSingles Company Information