Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

SilverSingles is a matchmaking website for singles 50 and older. The company claims its intelligent matchmaking algorithm delivers compatible suggestions for long-term relationship partners. You can sign up for its free or paid memberships by visiting its website.

BOTTOM LINE

SilverSingles offers a secure dating experience for singles older than 50. The algorithm provides multiple matches daily using the five-factor model. You can use a free limited version or pay for unlimited access.

PROS
  • Science-backed personality test
  • Multiple safety features
  • Restricted to users aged 50+
CONS
  • Algorithm favors frequent users
  • Free membership is limited
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is SilverSingles?

SilverSingles members complete a personality test when they register for an account. The company developed the personality test with cooperation from psychologists and relationship experts. It's based on the five-factor model theory of personality traits and considers:

• Openness
    • Conscientiousness
    • Extraversion
    • Agreeableness
    • Neuroticism

The personality test is divided into sections like communication skills, personality traits and attitude towards relationships. Overall, the test takes about 25 minutes to complete, and the company recommends taking time to consider the questions carefully before answering.

The other important part of the registration process is providing information based on your expectations. You can set your relationship goals, standards and sociodemographic data. You’re asked specific questions, including whether you enjoy traveling and if you have a preference for your partner’s age and education level.

How does SilverSingles work?

Once you’ve completed your personality test and set up a profile, the SilverSingles algorithm compares it against thousands of other profiles. It then sends you daily matches based on your search criteria and personal traits.

One thing to be aware of is that SilverSingles rewards users for their activity. This means that the more you interact with the website or app, the more likely you are to receive high-quality matches. According to the site, there are several reasons for this — since online dating requires patience, SilverSingles wants to reward users who display that patience by not giving up. The company also believes that activity levels reflect a person's commitment to finding a partner.

SilverSingles has two membership tiers: free and premium. The company recommends using the free membership to test the app. With a free membership, you have limited access to features and profiles. A premium membership gives you unlimited access to the entire website, including premium member profiles and messaging. Premium members can also add photos to their profile.

How much does SilverSingles cost?

There are several payment options for the SilverSingles premium membership. Users can choose a three-, six- or 12-month membership. Each membership term has a monthly cost. As with many subscriptions, the longer the term, the lower the monthly fee.

• Three months: $49.95/month
    • Six months: $37.95/month
    • 12 months: $27.95/month

SilverSingles FAQ

Is SilverSingles dating site free to use?
    SilverSingles has free and paid options. Users can have a free membership with limited access or a full premium membership.
    Is SilverSingles a safe site?
    SilverSingles has multiple layers of security. The website uses SSL encryption, identity authentication and fraud detection systems to keep user information secure. The company also performs daily profile checks on new members.
    How do I join SilverSingles?
    New users can create a free account using the “Sign Me Up” button at the top of the page. The website takes you through creating your profile step by step, including taking the personality test.
    How does the SilverSingles matchmaking process work?
    SilverSingles bases its matchmaking on several factors. The five-factor model helps give the website an idea of who you are and what you're looking for. It takes into account your location, personality, lifestyle plans and relationship goals. From there, it offers users between three and seven matches daily.
    Can I access SilverSingles from my computer or tablet?
    SilverSingles is available to use on Android or iPhone apps, but you can also use it on laptops or tablets through its website.

Is SilverSingles legitimate?

SilverSingles makes it easier to find a romantic partner if you're over the age of 50. The company provides matches based on a psychologist-backed personality test. It may not be the best choice for someone looking for free matchmaking because the company's free membership limits user access to many features, including profiles and messaging. With a paid membership, however, you get extra features and unlimited access. If you're willing to pay for a membership, we recommend SilverSingles for matchmaking over 50.

SilverSingles Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SilverSingles?

Original review: May 11, 2021

Profiles aren't real. Initially you get fake messages sent by bots, they match you with everyone and anyone, but then the bots stop responding you and that's it. There are more real women on ** (in fact pretty much everyone is real), plus their profiles, doc and photos are verified to eliminate married women and scammers). Plus their women are very beautiful and in general they don't care about age difference, there is no ageism and you can easily find a younger woman if that's what you're looking for. Don't waste your your time and money on SilverSingles, it must be an extraordinary luck to find a nice woman there.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I purchased a 6-month premium membership. They had no matches at all. Women from far away were presented as a match but did not meet 1 criterion. Mostly 15 years out of range up and down. Most matches that they offered were spam or fraudulent. The pictures could be found (Google research) to be stolen pictures from websites like the Birds Friends community and other google search pictures or where simple cutouts of decorative picture frame pictures from Walmart and Amazon. Many accounts and their match offers just copy and paste accounts. The information is not used to find a match, but to sell to the industry. So I found out that my data are sold to the Industry and because this is a German corp. based in Germany I got now tons of German advertising spamming my all mailbox.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2021

This one one of the worst dating apps I've ever been on. I joined the app and paid 65.15 for a subscription. Shortly after subscribing I met a man and had our first date. The experience was terrible. The man was manipulative and abusive. I immediately got off the website and deleted my account. A month later I decided to give it another try, thinking I just had a sour apple in the bunch. When reestablishing myself I was again forced to subscribe for another 46.00 just to communicate with others. I paid the amount and a week later I realized they charged me twice!

Keep in mind, my experience with the men during this second time was just as horrible. The men who reached out were creepy and sending me messages that were extremely inappropriate. How does that get by security? I called the "customer service" and they refused to credit me the double charge. Ladies, you are better off single than entrusting an app like this one. Don't put yourself in harm's way. I would stay away from the financial headache and the lack of security on this app.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I signed up for silver singles "free 30 day trial". You get nothing free so don't waste your time. You can't see anyone's picture and you can't respond to anyone's message even though they can see you... If you join you are roped into paying for 3 months, 6 months or more with no possibility of terminating your membership. What they're calling a free month is providing zero experience or services so in fact you are blindly having to pay money without knowing what the quality is or will be. Customer service takes three or four days to respond to any questions and my first week I was posted as a lesbian (I am not gay) with no recourse or way to correct my profile. Please don't waste your time with this company as they are cheap, greedy and don't care about their customers or quality of service.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I have made claims of fake ads and I took screen shots to prove my statement in the event that the company decides on litigation against me. I do not recommend this company. To be honest, I don’t know of any dating sites I would recommend. Sorry.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I paid top dollar to join this senior dating site. During the 1st month, I have received 3 bogus messages from non existent men. A similar letter was written each time, asking me to respond to an email or phone number. Did those scammers also pay or is this site also a bogus setup for aging people? I was refused a refund.

SilverSingles Company Information