2.72/5

OurTime

419 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

6 months into my sentence here but getting out soon. Lots of fake profiles, web traffic is so slow some conversations take place over days. The list of daily matches really means throw a match on them. Desperate grannies, methheads, some too homely to comprehend. Worth your subscription just to realize how fortunate you are to be by yourself. It's all Hardtimes here lads, yes indeed. Hardtimes.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I almost fell for the scams but just caught myself before I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately a lot of people here are mistaking a response from somebody who actually has a bot program with a fake account. It’s so easy to Pkg a fake account by snagging someone else’s pics from Facebook or some other social network then catfish until you contact them. They usually have terrible grammar or never answer your specific questions is a telltale sign. Telling you their wife/husband just died or this is the last day before their account is closed or they have an emergency won’t you please help? Vultures preying on your search for a partner and urging you to click on a link to hack your computer or android. OurTime isn’t the only one, Tinder and others have the same issues. Just be aware, cautious and never ever click on that link!

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I would never use this site...scammers galore. Complained to customer service with no satisfaction and when I cancelled my subscription was told I wouldn't be given any type of refund even though I only used 1 month of a 6 month subscription. Don't use OurTime.com if you are actually looking for a mate...You won't find anyone here and the customer service won't help you. They gladly take your money but even if you aren't satisfied with the service, they won't give you anything back. I hated everything about my experience and advise anyone to stay away!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

1st time trying a dating site. Will never do it again! OurTime disregards the search criteria you enter & send non matching people as well as many scammers trying to get you. I am not into women which are fat, old, ugly, other race, atheist & other attributes & in no way match my search entered. I complained via email; twice & they "accidentally" deleted my profile within 30 minutes! (which I spent a lot of time with details entering!) In addition Ourtime keeps sending the same "deleted" matches over & over each day. What a waste of time & money!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Avoid this site. Scammers are galore. Mug shots, not glam shots hit your inbox by the hundreds in less than 24 hours; extremely bad. You may have read online that this is a good site for individuals over 50 years of age. Do not believe it and tell your friends! Stay clear.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

First of all I joined this site on Sunday the 28th of July and shut it down Tuesday the 30th. I felt like I was on a ** site with the quality of men that were emailing me. My pictures are clean and pure and I thoroughly explain my moral values and my faith. Of course I emailed customer service and told them that the quality of people they attract to their site is questionable. I only exchanged one or two emails and nothing was remotely attracting. All I received back was "No Refund Policy". I wish that I could put a zero because this site doesn't even deserve a one.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Save your money. If you want only vague information on potential connections you have very few options on how to get connected. I ask for a total refund for less than a week of $34.00 for one month and as usual it's they can't do it. But when I sign up everything was free. Until I wanted to chat. Oh another thing you are on auto renew when you sign up. These people are crooks. Be careful. This site is the scammers. I think the scammers and scammers are in cahoots with each other. And us honest decent people are the victims.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The site creates fake connections to get you subscribe. It’s a dishonest business model. Don’t waste your time and money. It advertises to help people over 50. However it’s actually shamefully exploiting this age group.

Original review: July 25, 2019

This paper won’t give me my money back. I signed up two days ago and right away I realize this is a terrible site so I asked for my money back two days later and they won’t give it to me. This is the worst song I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t operate it. In other words it’s useless to me totally useless. I only had it two days. I want my $81 plus back. How could this be? Maybe it was in the fine print but I don’t have glasses. I’m 71 years old just looking for a partner and they rip me off $81 for two days. That’s all two days two days two days. I want my money back but I’m never gonna give up until I get it back. If I can have to write to them. Put it on Internet. Put it on Facebook. I will. Please help me please. I need the money.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Most of the "matches" selected were at distances out of my area; some from thousands of miles away. Many weren't even close to being a "match". I was hacked 3 times and my picture and profile were altered by the hacker. I asked for a refund and was refused. Money at my billing rate was taken from my bank account after I cancelled my subscription. It was difficult to contact someone to get that money returned. They returned the money, but then money was taken from my account by an affiliated site for LDS Singles. I had never even heard of the site until I saw the withdrawal on my bank statement. They returned that money too. I quit back in February and I've received hundreds email messages since then and continue to receive them. I wouldn't register on their site if it was free and I advise others to look elsewhere.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information