OurTime.com

OurTime

3.9/5 (188 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Top OurTime.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to ...

Verified

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My expe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
  • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
  • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
Is OurTime free?
Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
How much is OurTime per month?
Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
Who owns OurTime dating service?
OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: May 23, 2022

Zero stars --- Negative stars. I enjoyed this site for about a month. After that, I began to see that they don't take down obvious scammers -- one obvious stolen model picture had several listings; a different first name and town on each. I cancelled my subscription at renewal and thought that was that. I soon began getting email notices from match.com (a different dating site), where I apparently had a profile. They kept asking for payment. I did not sign up for match.com.

THEN, I got an automatic renewal notice -- a "Payment Confirmation" from OurTime.com for $226 dollars (my original valid subscription was under $40)! I replied to cancel, and informed them I'd already cancelled. My card was not charged. Today, 3 months later, I got another "Payment Confirmation" notice for $226. AND I am still apparently profiled on match.com I don't even know how to get off that one, since you have to subscribe (pay) to request anything. There is no phone number to call that I can find. AVOID THIS SITE!!

Original review: May 18, 2022

Well a friend of mine who knows me very well she advice to give a try with the OurTime dating app. She told me then I can just take a look without pay anything for it. So I have nothing to lose. I spend 3 hours go through all the Women of my same age. Oh by the way I'm 56yr old very attractive man - according to my friend..!! However..!! I quickly become very depressed because there is nothing really attractive. Some women are posting their cats and dogs pictures. Who knows why?! But I totally snapped when I woman posted this comment in her profile "I'm very family orientated and I love to spend my time with my family" and I thought the man who will be with her or maybe even marry her He need to be in relationship with whole family... Why you even are on the dating app?

So then I went to bed. The next day I have just 1 like and 1 matched but I can't see them or communicate with them because I need to pay for it. Probably are romance bots. Trying to motivate me to pay for the membership..!! Conclusions considering the unattractive pool of women outime offer me? With the asking price of: standard 6 months $95,76 dollars. Full price 1 month $34.96 dollars. There is not way I pay for it..!!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I can't access Messages from my phone and Messages are the key way for people to meet. I can't login on my computer unless I change my password every time. It won't save my password although I keep asking it to. More problems I don't remember. I have contacted them three times asking they either fix the problems or refund my money; the only answers I have gotten are computer generated notices that they received my message.

Original review: March 17, 2022

A unpaid membership is worthless, you can't send a message or respond to one. As a premium member you still don't have access to 2 perks, you have to pay more. Their discovery section is supposedly to see matches to your profile, what they do is show every member they have regardless of your filters. Their rules are very loose giving them the a ability to cancel any member for what they call 'Fraudulent activity'. That happened to 2 people I was in contact with, don't bother questioning the reason they won't tell you. Their customer service is horrible, one woman advised me to drop my concern. I sent 2 questions through the help center, their answer was not what I asked, it was an answer to other subjects. The 1st thing I noticed was how few members they have, now I know why.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Well I went to the site because it was for older adults. I figured more adult and less game playing. Immediately I was met with challenges in regards to reaching out to members and buying a higher tiered subscription. Ok. Fine. But as I scrolled through some of the pages, I started to notice women that were barely in their 20s let alone 50. I went to the reviews section and I was shocked. This site is nothing more than a money grab. I really had hoped that this was a good site but based on what I have read and briefly experienced, you will never get any money from me. You all should be ashamed. I have not read even ONE positive review. I'm sure there is at least one but I just couldn't read through all the bad ones.

IMO.

Josh

Original review: March 8, 2022

I would not recommend this site to anyone. It is so full of scammers/frauds and the company does not do a thing about it. Do not believe or trust any of the people on this site. There are more reputable dating sites than this. The profiles prey on senior citizens. I was an idiot. They have been reported to the BBB and I suggest you do the same. They need to be put out of business. It is a SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

The OurTime site does present a good amount of people for you to review. As a member you can message other members. There is no way to go back and look at a person a second time if you clicked to bypass. There are NO searches for specific distances for discovering new people instead you are served tons of people so far away it is absurd. I can't tell the search to stop displaying Canada members. A real waste of time. Every few people a screen shows up wanting money for this or that. It displays people that liked me who magically disappear, they simply vanish. You can put in a mile limit for Search. There are many, many non members shown just like full members with nothing showing their status, another effort waster. The site is very crippled and limited. I paid for just 1 month. I am glad I did not pay for longer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I was trying to get a refund after trying and looking for a day but no answer. I finally got a hold of someone who told me I have to ask Apple for the refund. I wanted to cancel because the clients they have are not the features I was looking for. I don’t want to insult but this is a site to distance yourself.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

This site claims to be a safe place to meet singles over the age of 50. I have been a member for over a year and I have many more bad experiences than good. It does no good to select a geographic area of interest for dating. I live in Arizona and get profiles from Florida, North Carolina, Minnesota, the Dakotas, and even Massachusetts to name but a few. I have also had several single mothers in their early 30s post photos of older ladies, possibly their mothers, and claim to be in their 60s. I have had at least 6 scam attempts from people who claim to be widows and who give false names and contact information. The most recent was two days ago.

Sadly, I now view every “Like” as a potential scam and every message as a probable lie. The site is owned by People.com who also own several more senior dating sites and another popular dating site that I have also received scam correspondence from. There is a serious lack of security and quality control on Our Time. And of course they also try to sway your decisions with virtual flowers and gifts. I prefer to actually give real, material gifts to a lady who I am interested. Their Customer Care staff is laughable. When I called to report a scam I was told to let them know if it happened again. I can’t be the only one that has experienced these issues. I will not renew my membership. I can not, in good faith, recommend Our Time to anyone of any gender.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

So many flaws, I don't know where to begin. It's expensive and once you become a Member they are constantly trying to upsell you. Be careful of their "auto-renewal." You should opt out immediately. And SURPRISE, when you do opt out the membership rate drops to 50% off. Small universe of Members, most are far away. The number of "likes" and "messages" shown on my laptop version versus my phone app never match... Very sketchy. When you do "like" a profile the system automatically e-mails the member, I hate that! If I want to message them, I'll do it myself.

OurTime.com Company Information