1.16/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

OurTime

364 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 24, 2019

First of all, I subscribed in this website a week ago, I uploaded my photo and after one week it wasn't approved yet, so I contacted the customer service and I asked why? They sent me an automatic message to tell me how I upload a photo then I resent another mail and finally someone answered me and apologized for this error, it was a system error he said, then I decided to upgrade my membership to enable me messaging someone that interested me, so I paid, and then I sent message, but no answer and I discovered that this person was not connected to the site since September 2018.

Each time I see what profile I visited I see a lot of women that I have never checked their profile but they already existed in my checklist, so weird. And then I have never been checked by someone despite I messaged so many of women!!! Then I wanted to cancel my automatical renewal, I can't get access to my account setting to do that, I get always a message that said, "Access to your Account Settings is currently unavailable. Please try again later." So, I contacted the customer service again and I explained them the problem but no answer and an hour after I tried to log in in my account but my account is not anymore accessible, it looks like was deleted!!! Where is my money I paid for?? How can I delete my account?? I can't let photos accessible in my account, I don't know what to do. I am gonna call my bank to cancel my credit card as a precaution.

Original review: March 21, 2019

95% or more of the profiles you see are fraudulent in some way. Most pictures are of people who are not actual members. IF YOU QUIT BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR PROFILE DOWN FIRST, they do not do that. Look for awhile and you will find the EXACT same wording in profiles for many different people. These are generated by the company to make it look like they have millions of users. Then you have the scammers who will not ask for money right away, but eventually do. And of course the sex creeps that should really be on Ashley Madison paying for what they want rather than stalking seniors. Read all of the reviews about billing practices and refund refusals This company needs to be shut down and/or monitored by the FTC and FCC. I urge everyone with an issue to write to the Texas Attorney General and file a complaint. I am contemplating a class action lawsuit but don't know how to contact everyone.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Take what these reviews say seriously. Are there more bad ones than good? If I could give a ZERO I would. Because once you are involved and finished putting your wallet away, and you've got your profile complete...you're going to have to pay attention to these messages you get. In the case of a woman making a profile, expect to be called ’Dear’, be told you are beautiful, and realize how a majority of responses to your messages are created by bots (robots). In the case you do happen to talk to a real human...be satisfied with the fact that it may not even be an adult your talking to! I do not think an adult would be sending you flowers and fruit baskets, then asking for money. OF COURSE, the money is to travel to meet you! OF COURSE it will be PAID BACK TO YOU. It is not true, and it should be shut down.

I think any reviews that are positive are complete BS and should be in a class action lawsuit!!! I'm starting one without a doubt. So unless you want to be lead on thinking that someone wants to meet you, save your money and go to the Application called MEET UP. I am tired of seeing older people get screwed, so yes I'm starting a meetup for older people in my area to meet others thru similar interests. No paying anything to join. You meet real people. You can use that app in your area and do the same. I will not see my mom get screwed by someone who runs this evil app or any thief using people within the app. Oh, have fun getting your profile removed, or your money back. Your account profile is online and permanent public information.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The Our Time site sent out on its own over 200 "Likes" and letters from my profile page. They sent me men and women even though my settings said "Women" only. They generated fake contacts sent to me from other profiles. I determined this at first based on the identical response coming from the profile to which I had responded. Later it became even more obvious when the "Canned" greeting of "I like your profile..." arrived several times from several profiles, even though I had eliminated everything from my profile and there was nothing to like. I requested a refund and was denied. I asked for a Supervisor and was denied and was told if I repeated my request for a Supervisor, I would be disconnected.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Can someone please tell these people how to take pictures so you are the MOST attractive and not the least attractive!! Also pictures of your dog, car, house don’t count! Am I dating them! Don’t cut your head off in the photo, don’t look down into the camera, don’t wear an old bathrobe, don’t leave any empty portrait and say “ask me for my photo!” If you didn’t take the effort to post it then why am I taking the effort to ask you??? Some of them look like they should be lying on a slab in Turner & Porter!! Really?? Don’t waste your money!! If this is our choice when we get older then may God have mercy on our souls!! Try Match much better!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Shortly after subscribing my credit card was fraudulently used. I had to have my credit card shut down because of the fraud and I can't say for sure that this site is connected... It's the only time this has happened and it happened shortly after joining. I read another review where something similar but worse happened to another person's credit card that was connected to this dating site. Due to the rest of my experience with this site I do believe most of what other people are saying in their reviews is accurate.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I'm having a blast on this site, although my Hubby has passed on, I wanted to fill a void by meeting new friends, so far so good. Like I said you can block or delete which I am famous for, so use your head and don't get caught in a trap, don't be hungry, and don't be stupid.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I'm suspicious about the safety of this online dating thing. Why do I get so many "likes", etc from out of state? The only "match" I responded to lives 400 miles from me... I pointed that out and his response was he can "fly in any time", but when I asked him questions about himself (nothing too intrusive, just what you would want to know for someone you just met) he responded in a generic way, overly idealized, and did not answer the questions. Red Flag! Forget it... I discontinued the account though of course I have to let it run the full month in advance I paid for...

Original review: March 3, 2019

Immediately after joining I was besieged with initial contacts from women. When I responded they tried to redirect me to someone else with a sob story and an email. Other contacts said they hadn't contacted me and were hacked. I was denied a refund and I fear about my financial information being available to hackers and scammers. After reporting incidents to OurTime those profiles are still online.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The OurTime dating site is just as much of a hoax as the other dating sites. Sixteen days after joining, paying, doing my profile and trying 5 times a day to use the site with NO success I realized they must not of activate my acct. After 3 days of trying to get into my acct to cancel my subscription I got angry enough, googled a phone number for OurTime and called them. I was notified that they had immediately cancelled my subscription right after approving my profile & pics (16 days ago), because they "thought" someone was trying to hack into my acct. My question was, so Why wasn't I notified??? They already had my credit care #, email address AND phone #. So they didn't even try any excuses as to why I wasn't even informed.

Adding insult to injury I had discovered yesterday that they had sent out dozens of flirts on my behalf too!!! My saving Grace was that because the morons had immediately cancelled my subscription apparently no one received the flirts (?). Your guess is as good as mine. On other dating sites that I have tried they have had many, many, many of the same pictures of men for a minimum of 10 years!!! Even better, they change up the profiles but continue to use the pics. Above I had to rate OurTime and it only gave me 5 marks that I could give it, so I gave it a one when in fact I wanted to mark them -10. FYI: I met a husband on the Match site over 9 years ago and after marrying him I discovered that he is was much more into underage girls.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Joined 3 months ago. Wrote an initial profile and went to edit and improve it, but it locked me out and wouldn't accept my password. It took a week to get them to correct it. Now, I went to change some items on my profile and it erased my profile and limits what you can write to 200 characters (that's 2 short lines). They said they're having problems with the website and don't know if or when they'll correct it. THIS WEBSITE SUCKS. MATCH IS MUCH BETTER.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I went on the dating site "OurTime.com" to meet someone to go to dinner with, not to get married. Immediately I had lots of admirers, but from faraway states! This is very annoying to say the least. The site sends out "flirts" automatically to people I would never in a million years want to communicate with, some real trolls. Then there's the "please contact my friend who saw your profile and pic and thinks you are the most beautiful thing, but doesn't want to go on a dating website". All very suspicious. All this in 10 short days. So I deleted my profile and of course had paid for 30 days. Many, many liars and scammers and you can't tell if anyone is really a real person. This was a serious disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Many profiles are their own employees sending messages to keep clients engaged until your subscription is up. They then will keep you from being able to log in to cancel or make changes until they automatically charge to your acct. Refuse refunds. Refuse to let you speak to a supervisor. Claim they do not know who their CEO is. This site is a scam!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I made the mistake of buying a discounted 6 month membership. 3 months in I was uneasy because two members had been aggressive and highly sex sexual. The site is supposed to be for over 50 year olds who are looking for a relationship. They profess to screen profile postings. Last week I scrolled through the "Views". Only a photo and first line of profile is shown. This man wrote, "I ** every day". That was only sentence on post. I immediately reported him, and called customer service dept to request refund of 3 months future membership. She denied, refused to connect me with supervisor. This company should never be allowed to be in business. They are scamming customers.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was on site for 6 weeks and was sent messages from 6 individuals with sad stories about friends of theirs who saw my profile but too afraid to use site and I should contact them offline and then they ask for money. I reported it each time and told them their site was unsafe and to warn other users but they just keep saying to report it and they will investigate. They have no control of their site and they are the biggest scammers of all taking people's money and trying to sell more services. They do NOT care about their customers on this that site and it is very dangerous as I had messages from users who said they didn't send them and their profile was hacked. Please stay away from this dangerous site.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

There are a lot of fake profiles on there or you cannot make specific information as to what you want and what type of person and what area. They just put a whole bunch of junk up their whole bunch of faces that you never recommend it to anybody to do anything with it. I’m just out of a long-term relationship last year and so I was looking for early conversation in the conversation. Save your money.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have no recall of ever signing up to OurTime or giving them any personal details. However, I was seduced by an offer of one month's membership. I was told that unless I cancelled, the full amount would be taken from my account the following month. As I was going to be away then, I cancelled prior to that date. I was asked for my password but as I don't recall ever having given one -if I had, I'd have asked for it to be 'remembered'- I couldn't provide it, subsequently, another month has been charged to my account and thus far I can find no way of exiting the site.

The instructions said I could change my password but when I clicked onto "Change Your Password" it took me back to a picture gallery of members!!! This site clearly isn't the right one for me. I now feel as if I'm in a maze, which is entirely the wrong sort of place for someone who suffers with claustrophobia. I'm feeling trapped. If I could locate a Homepage for the site it might give me a clue as to what steps to take next. At the moment, the inability to give a password and the seeming lack of availability for providing one is holding me prisoner and I have a diminishing bank account!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Site assumes you never delete messages. If you delete a message, you will not see it in history. You need to keep your inbox cluttered with junk just because you may want to review the old message. Any IT problem - you are on your own. IT does not have estimated time to correct the issue and would not contact you with the updates on a ticket. OurTime service is not worth the money they charge. You pay fees for no service and pure site's features.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Tried this dating site out and nothing but problems, dating out of race I don't do and they can't understand that, pop up trying to get your money, this site sucks. They are scammers too. Went on one date, her pic is nothing like what she looks like, she kept asking me how the dating site is going, she said just keep trying on the dating site, I think she was a plant. She is gone now, and many others don't respond and they want more money. Don't even give them any of your money, I said 30 miles from house and they are sending me ladies 1000 miles away, the site sucks bad, real bad. Worst one of them all.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Recently I try to sign in as a new member. and I was facing the problem to access to it. and I have been trying to log in for amply of times. I am telling myself I will find another day to try to sign up again. Due to my busy schedule I dont have the time as this moment of time. I was very shocked that many of you was having the bad experience of ourTime.com. and I am very sorry. Online dating can end up like a disaster. I can truly comprehend. Currently I join few dating website. It turn up African scammers. Yes I was being trained to handle to this kind of scammers ever since 2010 till now. Don't reveal your bank or credit card detail to them then you will be fine.

If any of you would like to chat with me. this is my facebook page **. Do mention to me that you were from OurTime.com. Yes I am looking for ** single Christian man to be my soul mate. God trained me for being a woman to live a godly life. Looking forward to hear from all of you soon. I am looking for friendship. Am from Malaysia.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

This site is full of fake profiles. Women who act like they are interested but aren't really. Was contacted by a local "Lady", we chatted for two weeks and then she wanted to meet me. I set up a dinner reservation and she cancelled 3 hours before the date. After 2 weeks said we were not compatible? Waste of time, don't be suckered in by the "Over 50" ads.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

So it appears, like for many reviewers, the site is a waste of time and money. A lot of flirts and messages that say the exact same thing, one clue it's bogus. Had one guy state he was military, stationed in Afghanistan, widowed etc. Having been in the military and plenty of family that were, I asked where, what he was doing etc. Gave me a generic explanation and I googled the unit he was in. What a surprise that his description was the exact same one from Wikipedia. Deciding to play along, I offered to have my nephew meet him as he was heading to the same area. Never heard another word! Go figure.

So either men don't read or the site sends you fake messages that are nowhere near what you state you are looking for. They are either pictures of women, out of the area, out of the age range or don't have pictures to start. This site is truly a waste of time and money. I can go hang out at the local bar or casino for the same results.

Oh, and customer service is worthless. I asked how to hide your profile so that you can go through the multitude of fake messages and flirts without getting more and it's not possible. So while there may be a real, honest person in there it takes forever to get to it and by then they have moved on. Don't blame them at all. I would be doing the same! I turned off the auto renewal and in the end just deleted the account a week after paying.

For those that are looking to stop the renewal, look under account settings in your profile. They keep changing the site so look for account settings, more account settings or something similar. It was a couple different layers to get to it but it should give the option to stop auto renewal and then hide or delete your profile on the next page. Good luck everyone and buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

This is not good. I was curious. Went to this site! Free they said. Well I put, "Woman seeking man..." Guess they got a mix up because I get put on the site with a wrong list. Getting messages and flirts from other women? They keep coming. I did not completed all their questions so they keep emails to this. I want to delete all contact with them! I just hope they do not charge me. I tried to contact them and all they do is give me their rates to pay. I am not a man seeking a women.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I signed up on a trial basis for free, watched for the first five days as I received numerous likes and messages, of course the only way to read your messages and see who flirted or liked you was to become a paid member. Naturally, human curiosity got the best of me, I paid for one month, right after that the messages and likes stopped, even those I replied to failed to reply back. What's worse, my credit card was stolen from this site, used in three different areas of the USA to make purchases online. Fortunately, my credit card company alerted me and we those charges will not be my responsibility and new card will be issued. DO NOT BECOME A PAID MEMBER...ONE BIG RIP OFF!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I signed up for a subscription here and things were fine for about 2 weeks. Then I had issues logging in. I contacted their support and went through several back and forth sessions with them telling me to do different things. I did all of them and finally they suggested to use a different browser to access the account. I do not want to use a different browser for just this when I use a major browser (Edge) for all my other sites. I do not appreciate being blamed for their issue. I finally told them to cancel if they did not fix this. I have now cancelled and requested a total refund. I will not be going back.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I should of known better... Nothing in life is free. "OurTime" is related & very similar to "Match.com". They say "it's free", but you have to pay to check your messages, plus pretty well everything else. I am having a hard time deleting my profile. I WOULD NOT recommend this site to anyone. This is what you call FALSE ADVERTISING.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have read lots of reviews about this dating site. All those reviews are absolutely right. My experience is a really unique one That I didn't see on any other reviews. Here it goes!! This site lures me in with 50% discount and then tries to cross sale me bunch of useless, add-on, junk services. They deactivated my account after I canceled the automatic renew feature. It seems my account was in total hiatus. Every time I tried to view woman's profile or sent message, the PC screen would darken with a bright pop-up ad reminding me to reactivate my account of six month for $80.27. What kind crap is this? I enrolled and paid for six month; They deactivated my account only after two month?

I contacted the customer service and they emailed me that they found nothing wrong. I can close the pop-up ad by click on the x at top of the right corner. That's absolutely baloney. This pop-up ads in itself is a scam. It should not be allowed even on the screen at all. This is the second time I enrolled on this site. I was on this site 15-20 years ago after split from my wife. I was not serious back then, just looking around. Now I'm serious, trying to find a compatible woman. Something odds happens. The women on OurTime.com are almost all similar after 20 years apart?? This is a big scam. Two different women dated me just several days ago.

I recognized them immediately. They told me the same kind stories they told me 20 years ago. They didn't know this is my second time on OurTime.com. They think I'm just another one time regular patron. They are wrong. Be aware, folks. This site put not only all those fake profiles, fake photos but also offer fake dating service if they see a chance to suck you in for another six month enrollment. Don't give them any of your hard earn money. There are plenty of other better dating site.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was on OurTime for 6 months. I had one date in 6 months. On Match.com, I had 28 dates in 6 months. When they say there are 500 people in your area, 475 are people who used the system years ago and 25 are current members. They charged me $117 for 6 months. I sent out 150 messages to nice people. I got a reply from about 7 of them. I had one date. I have a master's degree and have been working for the same employer for 34 years. My profile is quite strong and got nothing on OurTime. I had lots of dates on Match.com. What is really unusual on OurTime is the number of people who don't even open the email you sent them. About 80% don't even look at your email and 15% read it and then delete it. You get a response 5% of the time. It almost seems like this website is a complete scam. Do not give them a penny. It's a penny wasted.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined (paid) for our time November 2018. I sent messages to several men I found interesting. When they responded I found their profile information had been changed. Some of them while I was online. Pictures deleted and changed from male to female. This site must be set up by scammers to steal from mature people. I have already set it up not to renew and forwarded messages to the customer service. I do not believe that I will get a response. Stay away from this site. I have had messages from a few men but the interest is very short lived and it takes several days for all responses to come. I do not believe that I am corresponding with real people but people hired to respond to the messages.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined this one dating website. Within a couple days I started getting emails from people that I never gave my email address to. I notified OurTime if this privacy breach and wanted to have my profile permanently deleted from their website. I received a response saying they would refund my money within 12 hrs. 4 days later nothing from them, either about the info beach or refund. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR BET BUYER BEWARE.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information