1.21/5

OurTime

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

307 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Unfortunately lots of scammers on OurTime. Also the site would tell me I had 4 messages the day after I deleted 4 flirts. I'm sure they do that just to get you to log in and be active on the site. I am not happy with scammers. I set my account to Non Renew when my 6 months are up.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The dating site OurTime is a scam site, the site sends messages from you saying you're interested in someone. My membership has had to be reset several times to nonrenewal, and the site sets it back to renew, they scammed my credit card for another month, and my month since I've joined won't even be up for 5 days. Most messages are from fake members trying to get your email address.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I went into this experience with the hopes of finding a stable relationship. The response was of a sexual nature from a male on the site. The second experience was actual being told that his profile was FAKE!!! I have terminated my account and only being active on the site for 5 days. If you are serious looking for companionship I would advised looking on another site. With that being said OurTime.com should advised to protect yourself. Which I did. If you can't at least be aware of the FAKE accounts it is damaging your brand. The third experience was being asked what I did for employment to a male profile didn't have a photo. The experience was hurtful and disturbing to me. I wasted 33.00 dollars of my hard earn money for NOTHING!!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Absolutely full of scams/spam. Very disappointed in the site. You have to be pretty sharp to not get caught up in it, and it makes answering members or reaching out almost impossible. DO NOT waste your money with this one. Maybe they will straighten it out, but from what I have learned, it has been going on for a long time.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I subscribed on October 31, 2018 and removed my entire profile and photos today November 03, 2018. In 4 days all I received were messages and flirts from Scammers and Fake profiles. I noticed some profiles were hacked, same wording but different pictures. I reported the ones I discovered but OurTime, does NOT do anything about it. They do NOT protect and safeguard their paid members. All of the people I mentioned, were from out of my State, there was NONE from my area. This has been a scary experience. Unfortunately, I cannot give this site a minus zero star. Please be aware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

The scammer put up fake pictures and profile. He asked for my email to talk off the site. We emailed constantly for a month. He said he was working in Indonesia and was moving back to my hometown. Of course he was widowed for four years and had a son. I looked up his Facebook - I was his only friend. The Facebook information gave a different age. He claimed his income was over 100,000. I believed him until he asked for money this morning. Even though he claimed to be a millionaire. He told me everything I wanted to hear. LADIES run from this site.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have only been contacted by men who want free sex. I thought that at our age they would have been passed that stage. A few men were obviously scammers but I followed my instinct and ignored them. My biggest issue is that when I have tried to cancel my membership the site freezes due to long script! I have a feeling that it is designed to do this so that you cannot cancel your membership and end up paying for another six months. I will now have to cancel the next pay and by contacting my bank. Really annoying!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I joined for a month. Got lots of flirts messages. Pictures were 10-20 years old. Lied about everything from age to income. Most claim they make 150,000 plus a year. Then ask you for money or they want phone sex. Claim they are so honest. Found one I thought might be interested in until he said he was a one woman man and wanted to try to build a future with me. Next day he was trolling for more woman. Really? As for drama men you got us beat. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have joined OurTime.com as I am genuinely seeking a compatible man for a serious relationship. Well, the first 10 days I was on, I was contacted by 12 men, out of which 8 were Scammers. I am intelligent, so when one of the guy, I was communication with asked for money as he was in the military, I REFUSED! I had already did some homework on him and he did not exist. I told him that he was a Scammer and guess what, he sent me picture of a Canadian Military ID Cards which was good but fraudulent, nevertheless!

Since, then most of the men that I have spoken to are Scammers, there are some with the same photos, but different area of the city, different age group, etc. I have flagged these as SCAMMERS. Luckily, some were removed but they come back. The Scammers are in abundance in this site and this is dangerous and a time waster! I have found that the real men are looking for a Barbie (even though they are in their 60's) or sex. This is the reason that the Scammers are so successful as the real men have really high expectations and/or they do not take the time to write a good profile or have lousy pictures. Real Men need to take some time to be nice to women online...be romantic and realistic!!

I don't think that I will renew for the 2 reasons: 1. Too many scammers as there is no type of vetting process. 2. Real men are very unrealistic and after sex. 3. This automatic flirts and renewals are designed for money grabbing purposes. Run some of the pictures through Tineye.com or Google and see how many scammers are living the high life as a result of your lack of vetting and women/men who are so easy to part with their money with too many romantic words and attention! Be WISE and Careful! DO not give money to strangers as these men are very clever and unscrupulous!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I went on OurTime 3 yrs ago. I was a widow and I was preyed upon by I scammer who tried to get money out of me but didnt and then I'd also been talking with another man who I ended up being with for the last 3 yrs who has Narcissistic personality disorder and another mental disorder. And now I see he's back on looking for his next victim. Please beware that these sites attract narcissistic people looking for their next person to victimize control and isolate. They lie to you. Every move is calculated. Their love is fake. They mess with your head. They come on strong and push relationships quickly. Place your boundaries right off the bat. Listen to your gut feelings and red flags.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Got romanced scammed. I thought I met the love of my life. He took all of my money and had me sell my house with the promise of a wonderful life together. Now I have no savings, retirement or home. I am not stupid. I fell in love. I still do not believe this has happened. Still in shock.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I signed up for 6 months on OurTime as it seemed the best for over 50's dating. However, now I have used it for a while I cannot recommend it. Biggest complaint is that there is no way to see when someone was last online. Most other dating sites have this feature. I believe this is because there are a lot of defunct profiles out there that OurTime uses to pad their user numbers, so they do not want you to have this info. This is confirmed by the low number of responses I have gotten from OurTime, much lower than any other dating website. There is also no way to bookmark a profile so you can come back to it, and the site is generally clunky to use and not well designed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I joined for free, they kept going to membership page, so I paid for a one month subscription. I have not been able to log in. No one can't get things straight. Cannot get any messages or anything .I did get in once to see my account and stop the renewal, I had another account that showed payment and the free account. I am so annoyed that no one can fix. DON't USE OURTIME!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

OurTime.com uses auto renew but they don’t tell you when it is approaching so when I saw a charge on my charge card, I called them within 5 days of noticing it to delete my account but they informed me that 1 message had been sent within those 5 days so it was ineligible for a refund. $107.90 for 1 message. I consider that just plain wrong.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Found it odd there are numerous empty photo profiles... And you will receive an initial screen requesting an upload before continuing. EVERYTIME I logged on I uploaded a very nice semi silhouette of myself. It was rejected as not a clear picture. Seriously. As a single female I'm cautious... particularly as I have a job with the public. Used the same pic on another dating website with no problem. I would steer clear of this site. Shop but don't invest. I also suspect fake profiles are on there.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The OurTime.com dating site is by far the worst site I've ever used. I've tried and still subscribe to two of the popular dating sites and I tried OurTime simply because I wanted to increase my exposure to single women. This site (OurTime) offers few controls or parameters to limit who can visit you and what that does is waste your time with email or "flirts" from inappropriate people that you have to physically delete. Furthermore, this site allows people to send more than one or two communications and that means one screwy person can fill your inbox and waste your time. There doesn't seem to be a way to filter out the inappropriate people and that can get quite annoying, especially for non-paying members who want to 'test-the-waters' before subscribing.

From their vantage point it looks as if many people are interested in communicating when in fact it's only a few... Or less. What makes things even worse... And I report this from my masculine personal perspective: The women on this site are the least attractive lot I've seen on any dating site. I'm not lying. These people are UNATTRACTIVE in almost all regards. Buyer Beware. I'd recommend the other popular sites like Plenty of Fish (which also has its flaws) or better, Match.com. I've also tried eHarmony but, I think leaving romance to a stupid computer algorithm is NOT a good idea, no matter how they package their success stories. Don't

believe it. I'm not sure how to wind this down except to say that if you do decide to give this OurTime.com site a try, do it for the one month subscription (and wait for the random discounts)... Just so you don't feel like a dope when you realize your mistake.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Senior widows should be cautious. I signed up for a month and was immediately taken to an upsell page. Foolishly, I admit, I fell for it, thinking that it would still be deducted monthly and that I'd be able to cancel if I felt the need. Wrong on both counts, which would have been fine if it had not been for the disturbing experience I had with the site. Widowed 10 months ago and now 63, I was feeling lonely - knowing no single men my age. I guess when you're happily married, you only hang out with other married couples. At least, that's what we did. My son suggested I try the site. I was skittish about online dating, but I gave it a try. In less than 24 hours, I was contacted by over a dozen men, most of whom may have been nice, legitimate seekers I suppose. But 3 of them messaged me 'for a friend' or 'for a cousin' they had been showing the site to when my picture came up.

Supposedly, I was the only woman who caught the eye of this phony friend or cousin. And then they said, they'd found their own gal, so we're going to delete their account, so would I 'Please give love a chance' and email the friend or cousin at his own email address, as he lived nearby my location. Hmm. Ok, I fell for it the first time. But when I got the exact same email from the other 2 usernames on THE SAME DAY, that was just too suspicious. That's when I felt unsafe - as I'd already sent an email to the first guy's 'friend'. I immediately contacted customer service asking them to delete the account and refund my money - almost $120, as I wouldn't use the site again and would immediately delete the app. They refused, saying "No refunds!" And I'd have to delete the account myself, EXCEPT the instructions they gave me only led to instructions on how to delete a free account.

I was unable to delete it, so I contacted them again. No help, just an email from some other .com asking how my experience with customer service had been. So, ok, I made a reckless, stupid mistake that cost me $120 and who knows what will become of the fact that some unscrupulous man now has my email address. At any rate, PLEASE take care when using OurTime.com - or any online business such as OurTime.com. My experience wasn't good, and I fear what may become of it. I wish I could give them a minus 5 star rating, but the system won't let me. I've contacted them 5 times with no resolution. And now, I've gotten an email saying someone signed me up and posted my profile on a ** site. Having been in Christian ministry for 40 years, I am devastated. Who knows what else will come from this stupid mistake?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Subscription ended up being hacked I don't know how many times. Messages going out that I did not send and my profile completely changed. OurTime did NOT care! At least until I posted my ended subscription and non-membership. They made sure to help me understand I could not do this.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Signed up and all the names seem fake. Had no responses or all the flirts look generated. When you cancel it's amazing how your account gets 12 flirts and 4 emails. As soon as you pay. There are nothing but false emails. Save your money. Go old school and have the courage to ask someone on a date in your area. A lot more less discouraging.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My account was renewed without my permission and they would not refund the charges. My account was hacked several times and they did nothing to help other than say "change your password" which I did several times to no avail. I got men from all over the US and Canada while I requested a 50 mile radius of Atlanta. My age group was 55-70 and I kept getting men from 70-95 yo. The hacker had conversations with the men and was able to get their personal information like name, address, phone number and even street address. They could have cared less!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Not only was my account hacked OurTime.com kept charging me after I went on and specifically checked off the box that said not to. I have not been able to find a way to talk to anyone from this company. I'm canceling my account now, I hope that works!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Do not even sign up because they will charge your card long after you quit. They are criminals. Your credit card become their bank account. The men are mostly fake, scammers, too young or old, too far, too ugly, worthless, uneducated, unemployed otherwise unfit.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Signed up for a six month membership. Every time I log in I receive 15, 20 messages that someone flirted or messaged me. TOTAL B.S. Stay Away and save your money. Might as well throw it out your car window on the freeway. Total Crap...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Had to reply to appr. 150 women because Richard ** hacked my account and OurTime did NOTHING. CANCELLED before renewal date but they had no record so no refund. Guess they really need my 30 dollars. Of course not... MY ACCOUNT AND PROFILE WAS HACKED!!! Again, no reply from OURTIME. Said they didn’t get my e-mails. Also automatically hooks you up with their other websites that sends you profiles but when you click you have to pay AGAIN. DO NOT GET ON THIS WEBSITE OR SENIORPEOPLEMEET. By the way OURTIME, I gave you the name of the guy who hacked me and his e-mail, **, how's your investigation going. You got my money so what do you care?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been trying for six month to cancel. My niece set this up and I never wanted it. Do not know log in info. THE PHONE # PROVIDED IS NOT REAL- RECORDING THEN HANGS UP! I have to go to bank and file a dispute every few months! TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've paid for all the top dating sites, and by far, this is the worse of the top 10. I paid for the 6 month special which I regretted within 1 week on the site. When checking the website via the APP, it always has the same "new members." There is no way to get out of the loop as the site will just reload the next 15 and back again, and always the same exact guys! Are you telling me there are no new members within a 50 mile radius of my location? When I perform the search, it doesn't keep my original search criteria! If this is a 50+ dating website, why does the criteria start at age 18? I've blocked some profiles, however, somehow, they show back up a week later!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I joined for ONLY one month to see what it was about. My profile was HACKED TWICE within ONE week. My Profile picture was changed and sent out to hundreds of men across the US and BC. Then the second time the HACKER put her picture on my profile ALONG with my picture and added her email address for men to contact her. When I called OurTime for a refund they only offered to extend my membership a couple of days. This site is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was bombarded by scammers. I had been warned what to watch for, but I did find it easy to fall into their initial trap. Things to watch out for are texting only, the texted grammar is not always correct, they say they are going away to a foreign country and then need money, they are widowed for 5 - 6 years, may have 2 children, are engineers, have several degrees, etc. I did not send anyone money or give out any information, except one of them got my email address. I checked some phone numbers that I was given by the dating prospects to contact them. The phones all lead to landlines that they text from. I went on several phone line websites and posted warnings about some of the numbers as Potential Scam. I don't think OurTime does anything to check their customers' legitimacy, I canceled my membership after two week.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have been on this site for about a month. The scammers are rampant and even though I cannot get a refund I will cancel my membership. I recently started getting emails from persons on OurTime. How would they ever get my email. I never give it out. I have had only had 3 legitimate interchanges and although there was not a match it was such a relief that there is someone who isn't out for something. Profiles describing a ** male, come with pictures of women or ** men. It is so obvious that the scams are happening. I am left with the impression that OurTime is in it for the $$ only and could care less who gains access to the site or how it is used.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Another thing is that you will get "views" of people who really didn't look at your profile (unless they viewed you as a daily match). BOTH parties need to be paid (wasn't always this way) ala Match. I reported several scammers daily & advised others that they were breaking policies & for my efforts my PAID account was cancelled just days after I renewed so when asked for at least a partial refund was denied; HOWEVER, I contacted my credit card company & filed a dispute & was given a full credit so I'd advise all of you to do the same because until this company starts losing membership $$ it won't change its practices.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information