OurTime.com
  • 1 star
Based on 102 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

OurTime

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

143 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Within a couple of days as a paid member, I contacted Our Time to find out why I was receiving singles that did not fit my search profile. They said basically that the way it worked was, they sent who was available within my area. They also sent the same people over and over each day, including women, which definitely did not fit my profile. I asked for a refund and was told the fee was nonrefundable and to block the automatic renewal, which I did. The site is a scam. I’d have done better keeping my money!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I do not think that it's fair. That OurTime.com would take my money and then provide me with matches that are from out of state. That is incredible. And if that isn't enough you do not get mail. All you get are flirts. Then when you write the people back you get some more flirts as a response to your letters. I have had to block half of the people who flirted with me because they wouldn't stop flirting. It just went on and on until I blocked them. I find it hard to believe that the people are real on there. People don't usually behave like that. Also, I did get flirts from people that were under the age of fifty as well. Like who would really go there at age forty. Whether half of these people are paid for or not I don't know. All I know is that I could not find a button to stop the flirts. Again I did not receive letters just flirts.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This is my second time on OurTime and I'm very disappointed. The advertisements on the site make it difficult to navigate. This is a paid subscription. Also when it supplies the Daily Matches there is no matching to the criteria which I have defined. There is no attempt to match based on selected criteria such as age, race, geographic location, non-smoking or marital status.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've read so many negative reviews of OurTime.com, and truthfully, I've had some of the same experiences as those people complaining. But, on the whole, I've also met some very nice gentlemen on this site. I've found it's a MUCH better environment (at least for me) than Match.com, PlentyOfFish or OKCupid. OF COURSE there are some "duds" and OF COURSE there are scammers on there - you just have to know how to recognize them. OurTime.com also regularly gives you advice on HOW to recognize them and to make sure to report them. It also gives advice on regularly updating your profile to make it fresh. I can't speak for anyone else, but, my experience here has been positive.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The dating site is horrible! First, it wouldn’t let me create an account and when it finally did, it wouldn’t let me upload any photos and this was after paying for a one month membership. It wasn’t until a couple of weeks had passed and I looked at my account that I realized it wasn’t posted because my photos were not uploaded. I complained and given the company’s error that they would offer me a couple of months for the technical difficulties experienced. They didn’t offer anything to compensate or correct their poor service.

Three weeks into my month long membership, I received absolutely no notifications about views to my profile etc. I thought my membership was up and then lo and behold email notifications started to come through to me. So a week of my membership was again wasted because of their technical difficulties. I can’t be bothered to contact customer service again because I found them useless the first time. I’m now trying to cancel my membership and that is easier said than done because when I click on “my account”, it pops up with the message saying this feature is not available. Don’t bother with this site! It’s horrible. I’d even go back to Match.com than use this one. It’s horrible to say the least!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

This dating site is sooo riddled with hackers that it becomes virtually impossible to connect with eligible daters. In less than 72 hours my profile was hacked and perverted which required a shutdown and complete reinstatement six times. Getting over the phone help is squeezed into 8 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri BUT the hackers know this and rob your profile times and days the customer service is closed. So you find yourself paying for MANY days of a site which is inaccessible. People Media Inc is very resistant to give out refunds and run you around for weeks to wear you down. Match.com (owned by same company) is the same exact problem. Find other ways to meet and date. These sites are pure brain damage!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

This site preys upon lonely seniors. It posts inaccurate information to attract your attention such as saying that you have new flirts and new messages when neither is true. When you log in on the site, it is the same old information sometimes months out of date. The site keeps recycling "matches" that you have rejected months ago. Do not waste your money here. You are better off sitting at home and using your money to buy a good bottle of booze.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Do not waste your time and/or money subscribing to this site. It is the biggest scam! 99% of my matches were from across the country and all guys contacting me were looking for a hookup or whatever else I wasn't. I received the same matches weeks in a row. It is a shame that such business continues to thrive. I canceled my renewal within weeks of using the service, removed all my pictures and just accepted that I was victim of a scam! Customer service is the greatest waste of time and keep in mind that subscription is non-refundable!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I signed on for a month and immediately was bombarded with 'likes' and 'smiles' and automated, pre-written messages. I would say that a third of those messages were from people thousands of miles away; or they had no photos, or their profile was so full of spelling and grammar mistakes that it was obvious English wasn't their first language. There are far, far too many fake profiles on this site. In addition, although they claim they're targeting 50+ folks, they are an awful lot of younger singles on here - either fake profiles or looking for their cougars. If you want to try it out, be aware of the scams, the fake profiles. The best test: see if they want to meet in person. That takes care of many of them really quickly.

What makes me angry is how these 'fake profiles' seem to proliferate rather than dissipate. Isn't anyone at OurTime looking through these, filtering them? Or are they just after the money they're making? Other than the fake users, the setup of this site is so non-user friendly. Flashing advertisements, even when you've paid for a subscription, poor quality photos... it's really Times Square at rush hour and if you have 'chat' on, you've got ten people trying to 'chat' with you at once. Cancelling your subscription is yet another piece of work. I had to go to Paypal to cancel because there is nothing straightforward on OurTime's website to show you where to go. Really lousy. And no, after all that, I did not go on a single date.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I signed up for this service only to find they do not screen their people. Anyone can sign up even catfisher and scammer. I fell for one and was taken for a ride. I just got an email stating I signed an inappropriate text. Not sure how when you have to pay for the service in order to send a text. DO NOT sign up.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

First the dating site is a scam. It tells you people viewed your account that really didn't, in turns it states you viewed accounts that you didn't. Then I stopped automatic renewal shortly into my 6 month subscription, so when the 6 months was up I wouldn't be able to communicate with other members. I went in to delete my account and photos and it recharged me another 6 month subscription and automatic renewal. I immediately contacted the company and state I DID NOT search profiles just went in to delete my account and was charged. They finally refunded my money but charged me a $3.99 processing fee. That is underhanded and deceptive. All I wanted to was remove my photos so they could not use them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been a paid member 2 times in the past, so I know as to what I speak. First - read these other reviews. They are being 100% truthful. When you put up your profile and pictures, etc (and BEFORE) you have paid - you will get COUNTLESS views, flirts, messages, etc. Then you decide to pay and find out these are from people FAR AWAY. I mean 1,000's of miles away. Also you will soon learn most HAVE TO BE FAKE because their brief description says the EXACT SAME THING. Yes, there will be a handful of local members who are real people but 90% of these are unpaid members so you can't contact them anyway. Also most of these local "members" are old profiles by people who have not signed on in years. I can think of nothing more sinister and evil than to prey on a person who wants to find love, companionship, a friend or whatever...

I have to believe SOMEDAY the truth will come out about this cruel outfit and hopefully see some kind of GIANT class-action lawsuit. I will say this: both times I joined I was not overcharged and I did know enough to turn off the auto-renewal immediately after becoming a paid member and advise anyone who does pay to do this. So I did not gets ripped off financially, just emotionally. : ) Bottom line: Save your time, money and frustrations. The site is in my opinion 100% a scam and I believe the employees spend all day creating fake profiles, sending stupid "flirts" and messages, etc. They are good at it. Thank-You for reading my truthful review.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I was often matched with the same people repeatedly even though I had dismissed them. I was matched with individuals ten years older than the age range I had chosen. I was matched with several people whom I had blocked. A number of potential matches were just profiles of people who no longer were members. I was matched with several obviously fake profiles or catfish playing games and scamming users. There were repeated technical issues, but no tech support. Customer service is useless. The service also tricks users by including one deadline before renewal, but then shutting down the user profile or continuing it by charging a higher fee all without notice. I have traded emails with so-called support and received repeated generic responses that achieved no resolution. The company obviously is used more to make money from desperate people than to provide a legitimate service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was tricked into joining for 6 months. The site has all ages, not 50 and older. You get the same matches EVERY DAY, the men are disgusting! All that shows up for me, are men hundreds and hundreds of miles away. This is the scum of the scum men. Don’t use this site!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

First thing that you should do is stop the auto billing. Mind you, once you've done this you get inundated with sign up, special deal (LOL). This site adds a link to match.com, go figure! This site also does not police who signs on and there are a lot of scam attempts from ladies who will ask you to send them an email, very irritating. Certainly not what I had anticipated.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

In trying to stop my automatic renewal ending 5 months from now, somehow I have been charged another $45. For another renewal, now I have 325 days of a subscription. I wish I could get a refund for now, instead of however they did this. Called credit card company they have opened a dispute. Writing congressman next. Companies like this should be investigated.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have never experienced so many scammers as I have on this site. Almost every few days my profile was compromised. I got so upset I removed my profile about 8 days into a one month pay period. I would not recommend this site to anyone except scammers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This service is appalling. Nearly every contact has no picture and/or is from another state. The number of local contacts can be counted on one hand and I live in the tri-state area. The site is also riddled with young men looking for hookups. I cannot believe I actually thought this might lead to some dates. Complete garbage.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've been on Our Time about 1.5 years. Each time my account comes up for renewal my views are manipulated going from 10-15 per day to over 50! As soon as I renew, views go right back to a normal amount. Now messages also seem to be manipulated. I receive notices from my email provider that I have mail on Our Time which is normally accurate but this week the mail was not there which has happened before. A fellow I liked messaging who told me he enjoyed our correspondence also disappeared from site with no explanation. Views have dwindled to less than 4 per day despite new photos that draw many views and messages on other sites. My subscription isn't due to expire until February and I won't be renewing. Can't help but think their employees get bored and manipulate the service they're supposed to be providing. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I felt the ads are misleading... I was under the impression I was only being charged for 1 month, I never received a receipt, etc saying. After being on the site for a few weeks I checked my account and much to my surprise I was charged for 6 months!! After speaking to their customer service about this issue, and asking to speak to the account mgr, which they would not, they WILL NOT REFUND anything to my satisfaction! And NO the results were not good as well. It seemed the only messages I received were their 'auto-generated' messages... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

From DAY 1 when answering a "potential" match my OT account was compromised. My first match asked for my email right off the bat to... as he claimed... would make it easier to correspond. Although reluctant to comply we emailed back & forth a few times until he decided NOT to reply back. Shortly after I began receiving Spam emails from those claiming to be members... asking to click for more pic and in doing so I was transported to a site asking for billing info. Becoming suspicious I called OT & found out that their security experts were "already aware." They closed my account already explaining why I couldn't LOG ON.

I changed my password as advised but continued to get bogus emails... upon recalling to cancel OT explained... or tried to... that it was a PHISHING scam out of their control. The last email received yesterday Oct 9, 2017, from OT customer service stated that my account was used near Belgium on Oct 8, 2017. OT claim they have no record of this. Asked for a refund but a NO GO. Something is NOT right with this site as I never had these problems prior to joining.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I became a member on October 2, 2017 by submitting Credit card data. Within a week I was sure this was not for me. I have been trying to cancel my membership effective at the end of my month paid dues on November 2, 2017. I have been unable to get to the correct site to cancel. When I try a known site, such as, ourtime.com, the message gets diverted to one of their sites used to relay so-called information. Can anyone provide me with the proper contact point to cancel?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

While using the site I saw numerous postings of people that had been hacked. Then it happened to me. I called 4 times trying to get straight. It became obvious that they only had you change your password and they were incapable of helping you to get that done. Finally told them to cancel the account. I still getting messages. All they could do was hem and has. I also sent copies of 2 emails that I received that I felt were hacking potential. They never bother to respond to me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I enrolled with OurTime with the intention of finding correspondence and potential dates. The site lures you in with a $19.99 one-month subscription, but then bills you for a 6 month one, and I have no way of redacting it. Every single person I've corresponded with through the site has attempted to scam me, or has lied about his circumstances. I know that the site itself has no way of controlling that, but it speaks to the type of person who uses it. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been on dating sites periodically for several years. Yes, it's a crapshoot to find one that meets your needs and fulfills your expectations- especially online. But OurTime claims to be a dating site for "50 and over". Yet, as a male, you will be bombarded by phishing accounts from such gems as "Shelly, 25, Venice, California" or "Bambi, 35, Wheeling, West Virginia"- accompanied by photos of girls 5 to 10 years younger and profiles that state "Bambi has yet to complete her profile". And that's after you're suckered into buying a "premium" membership for $19.95 only to find you're also billed for another $119.95 (the discounted rate) for six months of additional misery.

In the 10 days that I've had my premium account, I've had 17 women thank me for the "flirts" that I've sent them and that they think we'd be a "great match". Don't get me wrong, they are some great women with awesome personalities that would make many men very happy. But I've never sent one of them a flirt. I know enough to send someone I'm interested in an email and don't rely on flirts and "meet me" buttons. I've also received comments that thank me for viewing their profile. I've never seen them before.

I've found no option to keep those I view from seeing that I did indeed view their profile. I'm certainly no stalker, but at this site if you click on a "viewed me", a "flirt", a message, or a user's profile, you show up in their profile as well. And that denotes an implied interest to most users that I'd rather not deal with. It may sound shallow, but the thumbnail photos accompanying these messages are incredibly small, forcing you to view the user's profile to even get a glimpse of the real image.

Your default "search" profile is set when you join and there are few options to edit those preferences. This is the same criteria that others will use to search your profile as well. As with any dating site, you'll want to change those criteria over time based on the other user's responses and "Match" requirements. This site doesn't allow for that. And to be totally honest, there isn't a large user base (because it's cost prohibitive to most daters). So, be ready for a very limited selection of users unless you have a very broad search criteria. As far as your 11 daily matches? After the first few days, they will be users that are well out of your geographic area and, more often than not, haven't been active in weeks. Buyer beware. This isn't even a marginally good site for finding that one person that will thrill your soul.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

The first time I signed on was in late 2014. I signed up for 6 months. I really didn't meet or have any responses until the very end. That's when I met the love of my life. He was not a scammer, and really was all of that and more. Unfortunately after a little over a year he called off our engagement.

This time I only signed up for one month. I very clearly state I am not interested in a long distance relationship. Last night I bet I had 10 guys contact me. All with great profiles, all with wives who had passed away, all with decent retirement income. Once I handed out my email address- they disappeared from the site. I think I may have done this about four times. Each time I went back on the site and they were gone. Imagine that and when questioned, they all said it was their last day. That was it. The other thing I noticed just today was the fact the site had billed me for another month even though I had marked "do not renew". I'll have to take care of that tomorrow. That being said, there are a few decent men on the site. Locals at that.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I tried the OurTime dating site. I was very disappointed in the quality of the site. I am a female looking to meet a man. This is a 50+ dating website. I was getting potential matches that were women and young men. I entered criteria of the person I was hoping to meet, and the matches that I was being sent on a daily basis were not all within that criteria. When I decided to cancel the account, I was told that there was no chance of a refund, no chance of escalating to management, and that I should continue to "enjoy" the website for the remainder of the time I had previously paid for. I do not recommend OurTime at all to anyone! Never again!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

After a week, my profile pictures started to become so magnified that I couldn't see anything but the grainy top of a head or a drooping eye. I would also get notices that I had 4 flirts or 6 flirts and I would open the site and there wouldn't be any flirts. I also indicated that I was interested in ** and ** men, but I got everything including women. I never got one response from anyone I messaged. So when I called for a refund I was told over and over that they couldn't give me a refund because I had already used the site. When I asked them, "Why I should pay for a dating site where I couldn't even see the men available for dating," they still insisted they couldn't give me a refund. By the way I called the tech department twice and they said they would fix the problem, but obviously they didn't. They said they would stop my automatic renewal for me, but no refund. Don't go near this site.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Beware of all the sites that end with PeopleMeet. They are all pretty much the same as far as how they work. BBPeopleMeet, OurTime and numerous others. This review is of OurTime. If you do pay for a membership make sure to go into your profile and remove the auto-renewal. That is another way they get you. If you really want to try the site only sign up for a month. Because in my opinion that time frame you usually see the very few that are real. These sites are FULL of inactive accounts. Also beware of fakes. If it looks too good to be true it usually is. I have flirts from women that are way younger than me and almost look like models. I am not saying I am ugly by any means but come on... Really? Good luck to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have joined Ourtime twice. You think I would have learned the first time. I didn't and did go back for more. I will try to be brief and outline my complaints. I think the one that I hate the most is when Ourtime sends you flirts from men who don't even know the flirt has been sent. Ourtime often will do this when your membership expires and they want to make it look like you are receiving mail so you'll join again. Of course you can't open mail unless you pay. You can join for free but it does you no good because you can't contact anyone. So it looks like they have so many members, but they really don't. Ourtime will send you matches who are all over the country and any age even though you have stated your preferences for men who are closer and within a certain age range.

Ourtime doesn't scan the profiles because, if they did, they would recognize the scammers. I find them easy to spot so why can't they? Ourtime makes it difficult to contact them if anything goes wrong with your account. I couldn't sign in and repeatedly asked for my password change. Didn't get the email they promised. I had trouble with billing, spoke to someone from God knows where and the person couldn't understand the problem. I finally figured it out with the help from a Paypal staff.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information