OurTime.com

OurTime

3.9/5 (636 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Top OurTime.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to ...

Verified

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My expe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
  • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
  • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
Is OurTime free?
Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
How much is OurTime per month?
Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
Who owns OurTime dating service?
OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have been on this site for about 2 months now. Average about 1 new date per month. I have put out 65 messages over that time. I have had three first dates. All miserable. The first was nothing like her pictures. She put on about 30 pounds and she didn't smile in any profile pics. Absence of any dental hygiene was why she didn't smile (to put it as nicely as I can). The second was not honest of her political and spiritual values. Her cultist beliefs ended that date promptly. The third was not happy with her decision to move to my area of Florida from another state. Well I think this is a piece of paradise. I am considered one of the nicest men by my friends and social contacts. I am also fit and relatively attractive for my age (70). Very few of the patrons in my preferred age range (62 - 73) appeal to my sense of sight and activity level. Waste of my time digging through the piles to find that "needle" in the haystack.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Where do I start? So many scammers! The site pays no attention to your preferences. I rarely see someone in my state, and have even gotten recommended matches out of the country! Every two minutes they are asking you to pay for an upgrade. There is no feeling of trust. Example: Profile: Number of children: No children. A favorite thing to do in my spare time: Spend time with my children. Horrible site!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I signed up for a month to give the site a try because it looked promising, but the day after I paid, I started getting unhinged messages from one of their members. I was shocked and felt threatened, so tried to remove my profile and request a refund. It should have been a simple transaction as the payment had gone through a day or two previously. But after multiple emails and requests for help through the Contact page on their website, it became clear that there was no customer service, or none that would respond to my concerns/request. The whole experience left me feeling compromised and uneasy. I recommend staying away.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I was sent hundreds of daily message from this site so decided to join. The only option is the 6 month Best Value, due to the steering issue of the design. As soon as they got my card processed, I was blocked. I cannot communicate with anyone and their customer service number is in essence, a recording that says, "there is no customer service again available. please call back". Then it disconnects. Be aware they have your card now, and will never offer service. I wanted to cancel it because the men were likely about as many scammers as the Free sites like FB dating and POF. Many, many frauds, and the ones that weren't were not men I would have in my home, much less a relationship with. You can guess what kind. YUCK!

I cannot access the email address I used for this right now because every time I log into that, I get hundreds of fraud emails from Nigerian Princes, etc., so I'm not opening up that email ever again. OurTime is probably owned by Indian frauds who run the programs. Just as deceitful and dishonest as the ones who call your home about your Discover card being used in a fraudulent activity. Do not, under any circumstance, use this site.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Zero stars --- Negative stars. I enjoyed this site for about a month. After that, I began to see that they don't take down obvious scammers -- one obvious stolen model picture had several listings; a different first name and town on each. I cancelled my subscription at renewal and thought that was that. I soon began getting email notices from match.com (a different dating site), where I apparently had a profile. They kept asking for payment. I did not sign up for match.com.

THEN, I got an automatic renewal notice -- a "Payment Confirmation" from OurTime.com for $226 dollars (my original valid subscription was under $40)! I replied to cancel, and informed them I'd already cancelled. My card was not charged. Today, 3 months later, I got another "Payment Confirmation" notice for $226. AND I am still apparently profiled on match.com I don't even know how to get off that one, since you have to subscribe (pay) to request anything. There is no phone number to call that I can find. AVOID THIS SITE!!

Original review: May 18, 2022

Well a friend of mine who knows me very well she advice to give a try with the OurTime dating app. She told me then I can just take a look without pay anything for it. So I have nothing to lose. I spend 3 hours go through all the Women of my same age. Oh by the way I'm 56yr old very attractive man - according to my friend..!! However..!! I quickly become very depressed because there is nothing really attractive. Some women are posting their cats and dogs pictures. Who knows why?! But I totally snapped when I woman posted this comment in her profile "I'm very family orientated and I love to spend my time with my family" and I thought the man who will be with her or maybe even marry her He need to be in relationship with whole family... Why you even are on the dating app?

So then I went to bed. The next day I have just 1 like and 1 matched but I can't see them or communicate with them because I need to pay for it. Probably are romance bots. Trying to motivate me to pay for the membership..!! Conclusions considering the unattractive pool of women outime offer me? With the asking price of: standard 6 months $95,76 dollars. Full price 1 month $34.96 dollars. There is not way I pay for it..!!

Original review: April 9, 2022

I can't access Messages from my phone and Messages are the key way for people to meet. I can't login on my computer unless I change my password every time. It won't save my password although I keep asking it to. More problems I don't remember. I have contacted them three times asking they either fix the problems or refund my money; the only answers I have gotten are computer generated notices that they received my message.

Original review: March 17, 2022

A unpaid membership is worthless, you can't send a message or respond to one. As a premium member you still don't have access to 2 perks, you have to pay more. Their discovery section is supposedly to see matches to your profile, what they do is show every member they have regardless of your filters. Their rules are very loose giving them the a ability to cancel any member for what they call 'Fraudulent activity'. That happened to 2 people I was in contact with, don't bother questioning the reason they won't tell you. Their customer service is horrible, one woman advised me to drop my concern. I sent 2 questions through the help center, their answer was not what I asked, it was an answer to other subjects. The 1st thing I noticed was how few members they have, now I know why.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Well I went to the site because it was for older adults. I figured more adult and less game playing. Immediately I was met with challenges in regards to reaching out to members and buying a higher tiered subscription. Ok. Fine. But as I scrolled through some of the pages, I started to notice women that were barely in their 20s let alone 50. I went to the reviews section and I was shocked. This site is nothing more than a money grab. I really had hoped that this was a good site but based on what I have read and briefly experienced, you will never get any money from me. You all should be ashamed. I have not read even ONE positive review. I'm sure there is at least one but I just couldn't read through all the bad ones.

IMO.

Josh

Original review: March 8, 2022

I would not recommend this site to anyone. It is so full of scammers/frauds and the company does not do a thing about it. Do not believe or trust any of the people on this site. There are more reputable dating sites than this. The profiles prey on senior citizens. I was an idiot. They have been reported to the BBB and I suggest you do the same. They need to be put out of business. It is a SCAM.

OurTime.com Company Information