OurTime

OurTime.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: June 3, 2020

It is a semi waste of money. They don't really do any matches, it is really just going through tons of pictures, some of which are not even registered with the site.

Also it is supposed to be for older people and lots of young people are on there.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part. There was one man who was vulgar and I never went out with him a second time. I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My experience was positive.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

In less than 2 weeks, I had the opportunity to meet some very nice local ladies in my age group. I have tried several dating sites, and this was by far the best site I found where the majority of my contacts were within my city/state area of interest. Dating my special lady from here now for a month. :-)

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My husband and I met on OurTime. I had been on many sites for a few years and not having much success. I finally joined OurTime. I went on a few dates and, again, no match. I said to myself and friends this one will be my last date. I went to the restaurant and didn't see him. I called a friend and said that I was stood up. Turns out we missed each other. We then went on a date that lasted 4 hours. We've now been married 3 years and I'm so happy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

OurTime.com provided excellent customer service. They responded immediately to my concerns and took immediate appropriate action. I had issues with fake scam accounts. Their security team took prompt action with the issue. I did as well have great experiences with OurTime and have started a wonderful relationship because of OurTime. I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to assist in keeping it a safe and enjoyable experience.

Original review: July 5, 2020

This site is basically a scam. You pay 30 bucks and when you reach out to someone they can't reach back out to you free. They have to pay $5.99 to see what I said to them. The young lady did and all I could say was the site sucks. But she wanted to read what I had said to her so she paid the additional fee. Don't waste your money. It also puts like you answered someone back when you really didn't.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Think twice before you jumping off into this site. I have been on the site for 6 months and it was a disaster. I "Liked" 100's of men and did not get a real response. The individuals that reached out to me turned out to be either scammers or perverts. All but 1 really nice man that did not work out. That was a lot of frogs and never found my "prince". Cost to get on, cost to send messages, cost for this, cost for that. I think I will try a local free one next. Think about it.

Original review: June 23, 2020

There is no way to document your preferences of what you are or not looking for. They were matching me with smokers and people who lived hundreds of miles away. When I contacted the company I was told that when people open up their options they are matched with more people. Waste of my time. Why be matched with someone who absolutely is not a match? There is not enough characters for information on your profile. I thought going to a site that specializes in my age group would be great. It was not. If they could update their system, offer more options (such as exclusions) and a radius it could be better. Until they offer more options there will not be enough people to be matched to. The impression I received is that it is my fault there were not enough matches. Looking for a nonsmoker and not a long-distance relationship is not asking for too much.

Original review: June 20, 2020

At first I got a lot of attention, then realized many were just Likes and there was only the rare response to my messages. I was looking for matches within 300 km, but I kept getting Likes from all over the US and Canada, too far away, even though I specified local in my profile. I suspect many are fake, to pump up the number of Likes. The ads are offensive to women, and they keep popping up no matter what you do... it says they are from Google but they most definitely are not. More of those ads appeared each day, increasingly offensive, especially since the time I decided not to renew. As for scammers... yes, plenty of those, with perfect profiles, sad stories and asking immediately for your email address and phone number.

I contacted Customer care three times for different issues and they did finally respond, but never with a clear answer, bad grammar, and definitely no action. When I decided not to renew automatically, they offered half price for the next month... then charged my card way more than the offer, right away. So I'm now booked for an extra month with all these problems. The site is difficult to navigate, as they try hard to make you think you have lots of action when you don't. For some reason, some people are allowed long descriptions but for others, only a small number of characters. There are SOME real people on the site but not that many! I believe it's all set up to take your money any way they can. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I wonder if all these issues are related. I would not advise a friend to use this site.

Original review: June 11, 2020

The web page is hard to understand and what you can do with what you paid for. I wanted to be able to chat but didn't pay extra for call chat or email chat. When I invited someone to chat they weren't on the chat window I had on my screen. I was looking for someone from my area and thought I stated that and yet I kept getting interested inquires from very far away. Never got to connect with one person I wanted to. One that I did chat with immediately asked inappropriate questions that you would never ask of someone you didn't know. This turned me off and I no longer was interested in finding a someone for me. Get this I got over 200 views and only chated with 3.

Something is wrong with this dating site that that happens. I was on for about month and excited at first and then totally disappointed. Felt nickeled and dimed in the cost of, didn't know how to navigate site. Customer service was not much help and then I decided who wants to meet up with someone you've not gotten to know at least a little about. Oh and they have question prompt that I thought were not applicable and too petty. Sorry Our Time, glad I came to my senses and decided your type of format for meeting people was not for me!

OurTime.com author review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information