1.22/5

OurTime

284 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Had to reply to appr. 150 women because Richard ** hacked my account and OurTime did NOTHING. CANCELLED before renewal date but they had no record so no refund. Guess they really need my 30 dollars. Of course not... MY ACCOUNT AND PROFILE WAS HACKED!!! Again, no reply from OURTIME. Said they didn’t get my e-mails. Also automatically hooks you up with their other websites that sends you profiles but when you click you have to pay AGAIN. DO NOT GET ON THIS WEBSITE OR SENIORPEOPLEMEET. By the way OURTIME, I gave you the name of the guy who hacked me and his e-mail, **, how's your investigation going. You got my money so what do you care?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been trying for six month to cancel. My niece set this up and I never wanted it. Do not know log in info. THE PHONE # PROVIDED IS NOT REAL- RECORDING THEN HANGS UP! I have to go to bank and file a dispute every few months! TOTAL SCAM.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've paid for all the top dating sites, and by far, this is the worse of the top 10. I paid for the 6 month special which I regretted within 1 week on the site. When checking the website via the APP, it always has the same "new members." There is no way to get out of the loop as the site will just reload the next 15 and back again, and always the same exact guys! Are you telling me there are no new members within a 50 mile radius of my location? When I perform the search, it doesn't keep my original search criteria! If this is a 50+ dating website, why does the criteria start at age 18? I've blocked some profiles, however, somehow, they show back up a week later!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I joined for ONLY one month to see what it was about. My profile was HACKED TWICE within ONE week. My Profile picture was changed and sent out to hundreds of men across the US and BC. Then the second time the HACKER put her picture on my profile ALONG with my picture and added her email address for men to contact her. When I called OurTime for a refund they only offered to extend my membership a couple of days. This site is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was bombarded by scammers. I had been warned what to watch for, but I did find it easy to fall into their initial trap. Things to watch out for are texting only, the texted grammar is not always correct, they say they are going away to a foreign country and then need money, they are widowed for 5 - 6 years, may have 2 children, are engineers, have several degrees, etc. I did not send anyone money or give out any information, except one of them got my email address. I checked some phone numbers that I was given by the dating prospects to contact them. The phones all lead to landlines that they text from. I went on several phone line websites and posted warnings about some of the numbers as Potential Scam. I don't think OurTime does anything to check their customers' legitimacy, I canceled my membership after two week.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have been on this site for about a month. The scammers are rampant and even though I cannot get a refund I will cancel my membership. I recently started getting emails from persons on OurTime. How would they ever get my email. I never give it out. I have had only had 3 legitimate interchanges and although there was not a match it was such a relief that there is someone who isn't out for something. Profiles describing a ** male, come with pictures of women or ** men. It is so obvious that the scams are happening. I am left with the impression that OurTime is in it for the $$ only and could care less who gains access to the site or how it is used.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Another thing is that you will get "views" of people who really didn't look at your profile (unless they viewed you as a daily match). BOTH parties need to be paid (wasn't always this way) ala Match. I reported several scammers daily & advised others that they were breaking policies & for my efforts my PAID account was cancelled just days after I renewed so when asked for at least a partial refund was denied; HOWEVER, I contacted my credit card company & filed a dispute & was given a full credit so I'd advise all of you to do the same because until this company starts losing membership $$ it won't change its practices.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Recently my dad's OurTime account was either hacked. One day he was receiving views from all over the US. When contacting People Media, the first rep we spoke to argued with us that if some suspicious happened they would have contacted us. We were never contacted. We wanted a refund and to cancel the acct but she would not let us. After giving us an temp password...we were still unable to get into acct and had to call again.

After an hour of being on the phone a different rep was able to get us into acct. Come to find out birthday was changed, profile changes and pictures of another man was on my dad's profile. After inputting the correct information, the acct was changed again and at the moment cannot get into the acct. We have to wait to call until our timezone matches theirs. Very unhappy. People Media oversees about 22 websites according to their rep. There is no supervisor you are able to contact. Please be aware and get your information off their sites ASAP.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Went into site, thought after I filled all out and wanted to back out, I clicked on the wrong place by mistake. Saw I already had correspondence, so I clicked on it. I contacted them 3 minutes after all this and told them to please refund me. They said no because I opened the correspondence. Sadly I stayed, to no avail. Why? So that they would not resell my space and earn more money. My experience was negative all the way, and awful. Profile was "woman seeking man" and there were so many woman hitting on me. Wasting my time and theirs. They kept on changing parts of my profile. Not worth the money.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have had to report several scammers. There is no way to block users that are miles and miles away from you from seeing your profile and contacting you. I can't log in at all right now and I can't even google how to contact them. I don't know if it is their site or a hacker doing that. They lure you in by telling you that you can see who is on there but you cannot. So they post your pic and personal info when you aren't a member. Then they email you telling you how many people are messaging you. Cost was $107 and now I'm back to being told I am receiving messages but cannot access the website.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Their website leaves a lot to be desired. Things that you think that would be included as a service to the customer show up as pop ups asking you to purchase as extras. Example: confirmation that the person you are sending an e-mail actually gets it. It seems like at every turn, a pop up appears asking for some extra money for something.

I live in Arizona and wanted my search for a friendship person to be local. I don't want to have to drive across the USA to pick someone up for a dinner date. No chance of that happening. When I got their searches these people were from all over the USA. The daily matches that they send are the same people over and over again. One would think that if you looked at a match and didn't like it that it would not keep showing up. Deleting such unwanted matches is impossible. Selections on their website to isolate certain types of individuals that one is looking for is very limited. It seems like their selection process is non existent. Same old, Same old.

Example: I would like to have the option of selecting an age group of people that I would like. Not possible. Their search for matches is based on your birthday. I am a healthy individual and I have found that a lot of people my age are unfortunately bothered with severe age related illnesses and cannot do a lot of the things that I enjoy doing, yet I keep getting those individuals on my match. I could go on and on regarding their shortcomings, so do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and save your money and your time by avoiding this site. Having a one star rating is being very generous.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have been scammed 3 time on this site - all lead-up to requesting money. I have had numerous unauthorized log ins to my account. Twice I have had my profile changed by someone else. I would NEVER recommend this site to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

You have to subscribe to Ourtime.com to read messages sent to you. Luckily, I only paid $40 for 6 months. This dating site is no better than pof.com, which is free unless you want to upgrade. Ourtime.com is supposed to be for 50+ singles, yet I was receiving messages from 20 somethings. Obviously, they don't screen their clients. I was also sent messages from scammers. To top it off, my account was hacked. I called customer service only to be told since I used their dating site, I can't receive a partial refund. She reinstated my original profile and pictures. Currently the pictures are of me, but the profile has changed back to what the hacker wrote. Please don't waste your money on Ourtime.com. It isn't worth it!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Recently I’ve become a victim of a scammer on this site. As Bonnie has stated on the ConsumerAffairs website, I have also received messages from women, old men with no shirt no teeth, men who look inebriated or high on drugs (?) as well as fake pictures. I received the almost same exact message from 2 men, with only a change in which they were born. RED FLAG! The one I chose to respond to communicated that we should exchange email to communicate off the site. We did. The next thing I knew he was planning our life together, the same thing Bonnie alluded to in her post. At one point I discussed speaking with him on the phone to set-up a time to meet in person. I wanted to know he was real. He originally provided his number and I responded likewise. Chris, if that his real name (?) kept ignoring this request. Another RED FLAG!

After an email of a really bad day, I decided to call the number he provided. I don’t think he knew who was calling him. His voice sounded very young for a 71 year old. He then proceeded to tell me he was at work even though it was only 6am his time. He originally stated he worked 8:30a-5-5:30p. Caught in a lie? At this point my friends and I went to Google, obits, public records and guess what? No info on Chris or his wife who died in a car crash 6 years ago. And so I sent an email bidding Chris adieu. Obviously, he had no idea what this meant. He then proceeded to email with a plea for money. Really? So, WARNING... This site is a scammer paradise. And as Bonnie described in her review “I can only describe this site as looking at a prison line up. Good point Bonnie. Save your money, your time, and your mind as there is NOTHING REAL on this site. Hopefully, ConsumerAffairs can address the issues quite a few of us have now notified them of.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I first signed up for free, very soon I had about 15 messages which I couldn't read until I paid so I did. These were from webcam models 30 years my junior doing some "catfishing". Later a lot of messages being sent were accidental including 12 I sent without knowing it. All have the phrases "You look like someone I'd like to know" or "You deserve a flirt." "I'd love to hear from you". Well you get the idea, you click the wrong place and you've sent a message or flirt without your knowledge. There are good people on OurTime, but the site itself is a joke and ripoff in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I’ve been a victim of scammers 3 times on this site, luckily I’m not a stupid woman so I reported them. I’ve received messages from women, old men with no shirt no teeth in, and I met 3. One was about 150 lbs heavier than his pic the next was planning my life before I met him in person. It was just a nightmare, if you’re thinking this is an upstanding site cause it’s for older people don’t be fooled. For men if you don’t mind younger women that come on the site cause they need money and will play you, and most fall for it have at it... I can only describe this site as looking at a prison line up!!! Trust me when I say that, if you see a nice looking guy on the site it’s probably a scammer... save your money. There’s nothing real on the site.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been on our time for more than a year. I would guess I'm lucky because 80% of contacts have been real. But that might be my achilles heel. My problem has been more with the quality of men I have met and dated men with moderate to severe mental health issues. I even had to beg OurTime to take steps to consider removing one after proof. Some of these men could actually be a danger. What I'm looking for is to spread the word about some of these very challenged men so women don't waste their time and possibly heart on some of these guys.

My most recent nut no showed twice and then called me a stalker. We didn't speak until 3 weeks later when all of a sudden he had to meet me. He began his initial introduction on OurTime with he just wanted to meet a woman his age that still wanted to be intimate. Yet twice he wanted to break off talking because he'd never please me due to ED. Eventually met. AWESOME first date. Next day break up. Yep you guessed it... ED fears. I invested a lot of time and patience into this man. I think there should be a place to let someone else know his name at least first and where he lives. The guy is a fearful nut. It's just been guy after guy like this. And those who say the same picture floats through continuously are correct.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I joined "OurTime" for free, Once I paid for a subscription, nothing worked. Every time I attempted to sign in, it stated something was wrong. I could not sign on.

I called customer service immediately, could not get a refund. But I did cancel any further charges, I hope. WORST SITE TO DATE, PUN INTENDED!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I came onto the site with honesty and openness rarely afforded to anyone. I had all good intentions. Except I was the only one with good intentions. There was one that wanted a "casual" relationship (if I knew what that meant), another wanted over $8,000 so he could payoff the SEC in a money laundering/tax evasion suit, another wanted me to send him $100-$200 so he could buy gift cards to get himself around China. And, of course, both said they would pay me back. And one of my personal favorites was the one that had the photo of himself, shirtless, with a bit in his mouth admitting that he was "submissive". Further, very few of the "Today's Matches", followed my profile. Very, very frustrating. I have requested a refund. Let's see how that goes.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I had been communicating with an individual who held himself out as military close to retirement. There were many red flags in the communications. I finally did some digging and could not confirm the details he was stating and discredited the ones that he did. Fortunately, I have family in the military and they were able to help me with this. The site needs to have a better vetting policy in order to have legitimate individuals interested in meeting. This was my only time and will be my last.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Please don’t waste your money or your time on “OurTime”. This is absolutely the worst ‘dating’ site I have ever encountered. I carefully and specifically put what I am and am not looking for. I receive messages and ‘matches’ from the very people I’m definitely not looking for. I’m not looking for a woman. I receive ‘matches’ for women. I have no interest in atheists; I get matched with atheists. I not only don’t smoke, it makes me physically sick to be around people who do. I get matched with smokers. There are ‘auto responses’, for lazy men who don’t want to take the time to write an actual message themselves. I’ve gotten hundreds saying, “Nice profile, would like to know you”, or “Nice picture, you stand out from the crowd.”

The few messages that have been actually typed out are from men who sound like they’ve made a career of hooking up on these sites. One man wrote, “Looking for that last first date, kiss. Ethereal oneness. The culmination of emotional and sensory overload.“ This was a FIRST message! Gross! I’m angry with myself for spending $33 for one month. I’m thankful that’s all I spent. “OurTime” will never get another cent out of me.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I did meet a few people, but it's just not worth wasting money on this. The majority are not in my town, and some are even out of State. Also some same sex people have propositioned me. Mostly all the photos are years old, and when you meet these people & talk to them, you want to walk out. It's all a flip of the coin whether you find someone. At this time the site does not work. It keeps flipping to a site in the U.K (very strange). Not recommended.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I don't like the fact that OurTime will tell someone you found them interesting, when you did not. I have received quite a few messages from guys thanking me for showing an interest in them, or that I said I liked their photo! Then I see my photo and a note in a bubble saying "I am interested in you", "Let's chat" or something to that effect. So, it seems if you just look at a photo or maybe read a bit of the profile out of curiosity, it will tell the person you are interested in him or her. I feel this is deceiving to the man or woman, as to possibly get their hopes up, when there is no interest at all. I did not see this in the rules, so I'll just have to try to be as careful as possible and wait it out until my account expires.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Warning to people looking for relationships on line. Avoid this website at all costs. You will regret it if you don't. It doesn't even deserve a 1 star rating and you will pay through the nose to cancel your subscription. I met a couple of truthful men online but the rest are pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I just joined yesterday. I'm hoping I'll be able to stop a renewal next month. I also can't believe how silly I was to not check the reviews first. I have always done that for everything! I try to delete contacts and it's not working. Then I wanted to see if a certain person responded, but this site wanted MORE MONEY for me to see if and when that person responds. I take full responsibility for my blunder and will pay for the month.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Signed up for a month and in that time spoke to 1 lady, didn't go anywhere... The response rate is truly appalling as it was with there other site dating direct (in the end they gave me the option for ladies to contact me free resulting in a few conversations on dating direct). I cannot recommend this site, if you're a decent bloke trying to find a lady to date there are far better sites that are cheaper and yield a result, this one is crap.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Yea, you meet who you think are nice girls but 4 of them asked me for money because they got into Ghastly situations and they all seem to be self employed, parents dead, no family and trapped in a foreign country. They sold my email and I'm still getting spam emails about 'she flirted with you' and when I look at the links, it's not from OurTime.com, it's from some spam outfit with a virus or Trojan hiding behind the link. After this experience I'll probably never go to a dating site again. Someone needs to shut this site down.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I signed up on OurTime.com in July 2018, within a few days I realized that 9 out of 10 of the emails that I was sent and profiles I visited were fake. There is no verification process and most profiles are fake. Seniors are being targeted on this site. Save your money and go out and join a few clubs, dancing, kayaking, playing pool but you will waste your money and time on this site.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I guess you can't blame Our Time for the scammers of this world. You have to be your own advocate for safety. If you get contacted by a man with a Swiss accent from ** delete immediately. Don't waste your time. Another rich man who needs iTunes gift cards.

Original review: July 28, 2018

On the site for 1 month. My profile was hacked 3 times. They changed gender search & my personal details. They've changed my pic twice. When I try to upload original pic, I had to wait for approval. I've responded to 4 inquiries only. 2 of whom were scammers. I've hidden my profile, someone unhid it & changed pic & details. I paid for the subscription in good faith, but my profile continues to be unusable. This is a total waste of time & money, very frustrating that these thieves continue stealing money from honest people. They're as bad as the loser scammers that this site is full of.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information