OurTime

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Beware! So many things wrong with this company. First, they fabricate a large percentage of so-called "profiles". If you read people's thoughts about themselves, their entire stories are identical, right down to the grammar and punctuation errors. Five identical words by two different people is assumed to be plagiarism. Here we have dozens of people all choosing identical entire paragraphs. Statistically impossible.

When you turn off "auto-renew your subscription", suddenly you will be flooded with dozens of new people, all with the very same stories. As soon as subscription runs out, you will receive daily notifications that people are trying to contact you, but the only way to find who out is to re-up. When you re-subscribe, the messages are the same fake profiles and then suddenly they stop. There are some real people on this site, but you will never know if you are talking with one, or just some frat boy intern in Dallas manipulating people. What a horrible company to prey on people who are often emotionally vulnerable already. Scum.

I joined OurTime.com and uploaded my photo with full description. I paid using PayPal. Being a wary customer, I copied photos of the 5 men I was interested in. They were supposedly local to me (Blacksburg, Virginia). I used Google Photo Search and came up with completely different identities for these men. They were as follows: an architect living in OK (same photo as is on his website), a politician in VA (married and never lived in Daleville where OurTime.com had him living), an army enlisted officer living in PA (this one was listed as a medical doctor, living in Roanoke, VA), an unidentifiable person sitting in his car, a married guy living in Alaska (also listed as having a doctorate, but his true identity said he was a tax preparer).

There were also several suspicious attempts to contact me. One was a very generic plea to find Ms. Right. I did a search on his photo too, and he seemed to be an imposter as well. He was listed as living in TX, but my online search showed the person in the pic to be living in OR. Really strange stuff. After all this searching, I decided I really didn't want to belong to the scam site, so I requested a refund. I was told I could not get one. It took 48 hours for customer service to contact me with this information. I then stopped future payments via PayPal, so they could not charge me for additional months.

After this, I figured I would go back on the site to observe a little more. When I attempted to log in, I could not. I tried password renewals and nothing helped. At this time, I have been emailing back and forth with a Customer Service Rep, and she has tried many things to get me logged in. Still nothing. I am fairly certain that they are trying to wear me down so that I won't search their fake site anymore. Bad news for them. I have a PHD in Psychology, and I love doing this sort of detective work. If I ever get back in there, I will definitely pull down a lot more pics and check them out. I have a new research question now, "What percentage of men on OurTime.com are actually real people." It will be fascinating to discover the results!

I have met some really nice gentlemen and have made many friends, but none have been a "match". I am not that fussy and am not looking for money, but it seems that the men who really interest me do not even respond to my flirts. I am 66 years old and am willing to date a couple years younger or up to 8 years older. I get many men in 50's and many in late 70's but very few in my age group. Those in my age group are either very unhealthy or very overweight. I am in good physical shape and want the same. It really seems like Tucson and surrounding area has no men for me. I am willing to travel to meet someone, but my disappointment at meeting out of town men has discouraged me from traveling too far anymore. Is my age group that difficult to match? I do wish there was more help available to help those of us looking for our last love.

I have been a member of OurTime several times over the last five years and have not even had a hint of success. The people on the site are rude, unresponsive and the site itself is poorly designed and operates very slowly. The fees OurTime charges are exorbitant and they look to get additional money from members by offering tokens to send gifts to other members. This dating site is way overrated and a waste of time and money. I will never visit it again and I do not recommend it.

I have been on this site for about 44 days off and on. 1st and foremost, this website is a hotspot for scammers, which I delete and report daily with absolutely no response from those running this site, which tells me that this whole thing is pretty much on autopilot?? Secondly, website is rigged with all kinds of traps & tricks to squeeze more money out of poor participating saps. Everything you click on is followed up by some request to charge your card and it is hard to turn off auto renewal without having to go through an ordeal, which means that this website is all about the money - not the people? Thus, I probably will NOT be renewing another 30 days.

Another issue is that many tools ie username search, customized texting, and picture attachments are non-existent? Customer support is also on autopilot. If you want help with anything, you get these automated responses from Minerva, their server, who will give you every automated excuse under the sun. I gave it 2 stars simply because they seem to host a large audience that do participate at this online ritual & do respond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

I joined their dating service for only 1 month. In that time I got a few emails and a few ladies that viewed my profile (for the complete month I would say about a total of 40 view and about 5 messages) in which I replied and none contacted me back. So I did not renew my membership. THE DAY AFTER MY MEMBERSHIP ENDED I GOT 75 VIEWED ME request so far (next day after membership ran out LOL) AND SO FAR 9 NEW MESSAGES. LOL. More than when I was a member.

This now we get to the best part. One of the view me requests IS a good lady friend that I work with. Myself and her eat lunch and work together all day. She assure me she did not send me a request nor did she even know I was on the same site!! Now this happened all the so if I may ask OurTime.com how did her view me request get sent to me when she never sent it!! I would have to say that OurTime.com is playing the baiting game trying to get people to join or renew their membership by sending false request to members making it look like so many members are wanting to chat with you (which is not the case).

I tried joining OurTime over two years ago and have found it to be a total scam. After about six months and not meeting anyone I decided to cancel. After canceling I started getting all sorts of emails from them. They stated I had a ton of messages, so I should sign up so I could read them and if I rejoined they would give me a discounted price. (A discounted price that was supposed to roll over automatically and I would stay at that price as long as I continued) Sadly enough I did and as soon as I did those messages disappeared. Then every so often I would get a message in my inbox and when I tried to reply no one would reply back. After having this happened several times I realized that what they were doing was stringing me along.

To boot halfway through this I received a message through email that there was a problem with my billing and my payment didn't go through and because of this unfortunately I would have to go back to the original price. Their system wouldn't allow them to give me the discount anymore. I kept on it pretty much out of curiosity for some time, until I was fed up with it and was sure it was just computer generated messages they were sending me with no real people behind them. I also found out they keep your photo and your profile in the system after you cancel which had been confirmed by a friend of mine who was also on the site. So this last time when I canceled I requested a an email stating they had removed my profile from their account. This remains to be seen. My suggestion would be avoid the site at all costs. It's not worth your time or your money.

I've been a member of OurTime twice; the first time was back in 2015. I think that with that first membership I was able to set my criteria for ethnicity, etc., but I wasn't able to do that this time so of course all the respondents to my profile were not what I was interested in. But what really ticks me off is that the week I canceled my auto-renewal, I got messages from a couple of decent guys and I was enjoying talking to them. I told them my membership expired at the end of the week, on 3/3/17. With one of them, the conversation progressed to the point I gave him my phone number. But the other guy didn't contact me again until the day my membership was supposed to expire. I logged into the site just fine that morning, though, so I responded to his message.

I thought about giving him my phone number, just in case he didn't contact me again that day, but I figured that if he didn't I could always send him a message later that day, since my membership was still active. I figured that the memberships would expire at midnight either the morning of the expiry date or midnight the night of the expiry date. Well, OurTime decided to lock my messages right in the middle of the day instead, which I discovered when I got an email saying, "+1 New Message." I clicked on the link to go into the messages section of OurTime, and got nothing but a big ad telling me about my options for renewing. I tried everything I could think of to get around that thing and get to my messages, but no dice.

I had noticed that the email was different than the emails I usually got from actual matches, and the first time I was a member of OurTime they had managed to scam me into renewing by sending me that kind of an email, so curiosity got the better of me and I renewed... only to find that my "new message" was a message from the OurTime system telling me I should renew!! So I was pretty positive the same thing was happening this time, too. But then... I got some more message notifications, and I started thinking those might be legitimate ones from the guys I was talking to (and I found out later that one of the guys had indeed sent me a message). So of course then I REALLY wanted back into the site.

I emailed their customer service, and got back a form letter that said "Here are the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If this does not solve your dilemma, please respond to this email." So I initiated a long conversation with a customer service rep that lasted for a couple of days and consisted of me telling him how lousy it was for them to lock my messages in the middle of the day after I had already started new conversations, and that they should let me back into my messages for just 10 minutes so I could wrap them up. The rep stonewalled me for about 5 messages, and refused to send the issue to a supervisor and then said he would not be responding to any more messages from me.

I feel like they've made plenty of money off me (especially since they got the renewal money from me the first time I was a member), and their tactics for getting me to renew are underhanded. I will never be a member again, and I really wish someone would make them change their policies. Your membership page should at least be very specific about when the membership ends, right down to the hour.

It appears someone from Germany hacked my OurTime account. When I called Customer Service, I was advised, no they cannot provide a temp password so I can log into my account to change the password. Even though they say they offer a non-breachable site, the fellow I spoke to wouldn't address that statement. They will refer me to someone who can fix the problem, for a one-time fee. No, they don't know what the fee is. I should delete my account. I will lose the rest of my paid up fee. How do I delete my account when I can't get into it lol.

Dating site has became a place for scammers with a terrible seductive charm to rob women out of their money. It was my first time ever on this site. Every men I met on this site were scammers. When they realized that I suspicious of them, they would delete their profile. One of them succeeded in lying about everything and rob me of about $10,000.00. They are always in a hurry to Facetime with you and then use their seductive charm on you. If you are not strong, they will be able to control you to do whatever they want. Some of them wants to marry you in a hurry and then kill you so they can take over your possessions. From my experience, I am very sure that most mysterious death and lost of women are as a result of all these scammers borrowing money from their girlfriend and then kill them to close the case.

I have used our time twice. On both occasions the site did not live up to its advertisements but then few things really do. Of course the site is a bit of a scam and their primary purpose is to get more money out of you but you really do need to sign up if you want to use the site. The only free site I have found is POF. Everyone else's offer of free is just a lure to get you to sign up. I did have some success on OurTime but I have found the site to be a bit unscrupulous in its dealings (sending messages and flirts on your behalf, loading your inbox with messages that disappear when you signup and of course the auto renewal) and you have to be aware and realistic when you join. I think it works better if you are in a larger population center.

I am in a small town and there is just so few members in that area that the selection is limited. I expanded my search to include people far away. This gave me a bit more selection but actually building a functioning relationship using dating apps is pretty limited. It's a great way to meet people but there is no guarantee that you'll find a relationship. I found OurTime has deteriorated in quality the second time around. There are a lot of profiles that are inactive and the company makes zero effort to weed them out. There are a lot of creeps too but that can be said for any dating app and from my experience online dating is just like going to a really, really big bar. The methods may be new but the scene is still the same so don't take it personally. Keep at it, keep your expectations low, stick to your guns and take it as it comes. Who knows maybe you will get lucky. Online dating is a crap shoot to be sure!

When and if you sign up make sure the first thing you do is turn off the auto renewal. Go to your account settings, click on edit and follow the prompts. It is not hard to do but if you don't then you will get renewed and there is no refund. Same with when you sign up, there is a blue bar just below the advertisement that will bring up your options and select from there. If you don't deliberately pick the option you want and just click blindly the company will pick for you and they will pick the option that suits them and not you. You can choose a 1-month option but I have found that a three-month subscription is best because meeting someone worthwhile just doesn't happen that quickly. The six-month option isn't worth it. All in all OurTime is an okay app but just don't assume that it's a slam dunk to happy ever after. I hope this helps other consumers and I wish everyone good luck in their search for love.

The first few days after using the free trial service I was contacted by three men two of which tried to scam money from me. The other bluntly ask for sex but that is not my biggest complaint. When my free subscription was over I opted not to renew it. Someone went into my account and renewed my subscription without my permission. They in turn charge me with a six months subscription. I immediately called them and told them that I do not want this account no longer that I did not renew my subscription. The gentleman told me that they would not charge my account as it was cancelled the same day. They charged my account anyway. I've been trying to get ahold of them. They sent me a letter stating that I subscribed when I did not. I asked for my money back. They refused. These people are not on the up-and-up. I would advise anyone not to use this dating site.

A real person never responds to your problem. I put in my age group up to 60 and they kept matching me with men in their late 70's. When I brought this to their attention on more than one occasion, I received an automated response that had nothing to do with my complaint. They do not address your concern or even match you with what you are looking for, they just pick people randomly. Then about a little over a week before my month expires as I would not sign up for automatic renewal as this site is a shame, I am not even able to get on the site, so I paid for a month and only received maybe 3 weeks of the service. I will dispute the bill as I paid for a month, I should have access for a month. Do not do it.

I signed up for 6 months on OurTime and was locked out of my profile after 2 weeks. My profile was hacked after two weeks sending embarrassing pictures and misinformation to my contacts on the site. I called OurTime who was less than helpful telling me they would reactivate my account and get it back online. Why would I want to get back on the same account that has already been hacked and has distributed misinformation under my profile? I indicated that I absolutely do not want to reopen this account or any other account with OurTime. They were also not willing to refund any portion of the $80 I paid. Buyer beware. This site has big problems and may cause more harm to your reputation than it's worth.

Two months and I have met no one. Everyone who flirts or messages me is either: 1) in another state (my profile says LOCALS ONLY), 2) does not know how to smile or take an attractive picture, or upload a picture at all, 3) is not my type -- it's all in my profile, or 4) says something rather suggestive. Most of the profiles are lame and don't tell you anything about these guys.

I did have one fairly cute guy message me and then he gave me his # right away. That seemed a little bit forward, so I sat on it for a few days. He messaged again 3 days later and sounded a little aggressive: "Well you sure lost interest." Against my better judgment, I chatted with him on the site then tried calling him. It went to voice mail -- weird, since he really wanted to talk by phone. He had a thick New Zealand accent, but I didn't leave a message or ever give my name. I texted him and asked where he was from. "Dallas, Texas." If he's from Dallas, I'm from Moscow! I blocked him on OurTime and on my cell phone. I just knew the request for money couldn't be far behind.

Even the guys who seem real (a little overweight, not a model) often don't read messages sent to them. I don't necessarily expect a reply; their silence is the reply. What surprised me is how many have not logged in for months; you only find that out after you send a message or flirt. Some have not been on the site since May 2016. (It's now Feb 2017!) Why haven't they been removed? I guess the site wants to build their database of decent-looking guys.

Another gripe: the disappearing/reappearing profiles. Also, no tech support, and the help pages are very weak. There's a feature called Connect Me (it costs another $16) that's supposed to keep your number private, but they give no instructions of how to use it. It's just a way to get more money. All in all, it's been frustrating. I was able to turn off auto-renew, so I will delete my profile in the next couple of months. If there is any good news, I didn't spend too much money. I'm now trying Tinder and spending less time on OurTime.

I joined in August--they led me to believe that it was $3 a month. I paid for the full year. Checked my credit card statement this month and I was automatically charged again. When I called, they said that I agreed to the automatic renewal program, and the $111 I paid was only for 6 months. I am not that desperate. They refused to give me a credit for the 6 mos I have been charged for $107. It is a racket - I am appalled and feel scammed and deceived. Don't fall for their scam.

I signed on two days ago, paid them for a month's membership, COULD NOT RETRIEVE EMAILS SENT TO ME AND COULD NOT SEND ANY, or see people who are interested in me. I contacted them to try to find out why, and received a ton of advice for techy things that I could not understand, could not get any real help. Done with this crap.

I joined on 1/4/17, Its only been one day and realized what a big ripoff this site is, very few choices to pick from then the ones you do talk with try to scam you out of money. Plus most of the men on the site are very scary looking. Tried to cancel due that I haven't been on here very long and already realized what a huge ripoff it is. Sad thing the company rips you, doesn't help when the people you choose to talk with are doing the same thing. Please do not use this site.

Our time has too many scam artist, their m.o. is very long bios with way too much information. I received no less than 10 messages like this. They "like" your profile and may even chat with you. Their command of the English vernacular is horrible. When you take something like this seriously and realize, that these companies are connected to a myriad of other online dating sites, it's just deplorable. The company was contacted and did not remove these profiles. I believe that they are the ones who sponsor these bogus and fake profiles. You've been warned.

Had a one month subscription. Canceled after two weeks for many reasons... 1. No live phone help. 2. Tons of fake profiles contact you that clearly do not even look at the profile you make for yourself. Many pretty faces 30 years my younger even though my profile stated I would ignore such types. 3. At first many contacted me but then they taper off. One or two would act interested as if to lead you on in chat so you don't cancel. 4. The profiles you look at never check yours back at all so they are all ghost just to waste your time and lead you on, I think. Profile changes in text and added photos are instantly "approved" leading me further to assume they don't even have real employees. 5. The interface is horrible. It kept telling me I have mail or flirts when nothing was there.

6. The ones that contacted me showed up as online but really aren't there. Then they show up later, oblivious to your trying to chat with them prior. 7. Before canceling I checked and many emails had been sent "by me" that I know I did not send to "girls" -- girls I would never think of writing to based on religious preferences. 8. Some with nice sounding names had different pictures than they did before that were clearly different people. 9. Probably - I suspect that they keep your photos for their own use of them long after you are gone to use in their scam of real people who want someone in their life. Tomorrow I'm going to the bank to get a new debit card since they now have my card number, expiration date and security number on the back of the card! Save your money and go out and meet people on your own.

10. I was frustrated with Match and thought I would try this one but this was much much worse. 11. In my opinion it is all run by a couple people and lots of computer servers that with better written software could fool most quite well. Total fake. Stay away from this one. I will never try one of these sites again. Makes me miss the old days of AOL chat rooms. At least those were real humans. There may be some real people there but not many. If there were as many subscribers as they want you to believe there should be much more traffic. 12. Fake 13. Fake 14. Fake.

On the plus side, at least I'll get a laugh every time I hear them run an ad on the radio or see them in a pop up ad on the internet. Try it as a free member if you want to see if I'm correct but at least use a distorted picture of yourself. If you do pay, get a prepaid card at the grocer check out at least. I suspect that the reason there is no phone help is because the three or four employees there speak heavily accented English on the other side of the planet. Best of luck to anyone who reads this. Hope I have helped anyone a bit that reads this.

I became a member of OurTime in June 2016. I'm 67 years old, slender, attractive, well educated and articulate. I have common, ordinary interests and hobbies. I'm not radical about anything. I think I'm an average retired, financially stable pretty lady. My beef: This site is matching me up with absolute losers. I've only meet one guy in all this time who's in reasonably good health. My profile says that that is important to me, but the sicker a guy is the more likely he'll contact me. I found a scammer (I didn't lose any money but wasted several weeks texting with him). One guy told me on the third date that if we continue to date and become involved that he expected me to give him control of my assets. No, really, I'm serious, that's what he actually said. I've been stood up twice for that first/introductory meeting.

There's an 82 year old who's profile says 74. Two guys (the only widowers I have actually meet so far) have claimed to be widowed for quite awhile, but in fact for only 6 months or less. These guys spend the entire date talking about the deceased wife. Then there are the ones who want to date, but the ex is still living in the home with him. Yep, two of those.

My profile says I like NPR, and one guy texted me that apparently I don't love my country. At least half the men I reach out to don't have the decency to respond in any way. A simple "You don't fish daily" or "I'm only interested in ladies with a Harley" or "You are too short for me, I prefer overweight blondes." I'd love it if they just said "Thanks for the flirt but I'm looking for...." No response at all is beyond rude, but it is the most common response. Everyone I've talked to with OurTime experience says this is their most common complaint. OurTime should find a way to monitor answered/unanswered flirts and texts and filter non-respondents to the bottom of visibility, or something.

The last straw for me... I had a (first meeting) lunch date today at 11:30. Mister Jerk, after not sleeping well, called me at 5:19 a.m. this morning to cancel. I'm serious, 5:19 a.m. He voicemailed later to say he'd still like to meet but not a single word of apology for waking me up that early. He had another six hours in which to have canceled the date and been somewhat thoughtful. I'm sure he didn't care about my sleep. Call me any time of day or night for an emergency, but to cancel a date??? Where in the ** do these jerks come from.

Trust me, I have been asking other women and found that no response at all is, by far the most common complaint, and the most common reason that women drop their subscription. OurTime, as an application, can't fix the pool of single older men in Idaho. If these Idaho guys wonder why they are alone, we ladies certainly don't. That's been my experience for the last 6 months - June 2016 to January 2017.

The way the app works isn't a bit useful either. There is very little sorting available. I would like to see the active men within 100 miles of my home and within +-5 years of my age. Almost all the views of my profile are from men in their 50's and living hundreds of miles away. A helpful sorting tool with the app would be to see only Christian/non-Christian or liberal/conservative or smokers/non-smokers or legally separated/ divorced/widowed, etc. Also how about showing only new members or lifetime losers. If a guy has been out there for a year or two, well that says a lot. Especially if they don't respond to friendly texts.This app simple throws everything at you. You must sort it out yourself and try to remember who fits your profile and who has already been rude, or ignored you, etc.

This has been absolutely the worst dating experience of my life. I haven't been in the dating world in 30 years. When I was 35 back then I was a hot little thing, and my self- esteem was good. Now, after six months of this crap, it's in the toilet. I'm very verbal with other ladies about staying away from OurTime and any other site like it in Idaho. I only wish I could shout from some mountain top or tall building, my frustration.

This was my first time ever on a dating site. I had no idea these "Romance Scams" existed. I met Raffaello ** in Dec., 2014. His profile said he was a widowed Veterinarian from Texas. He was raising his 16 year old son and caring for his elderly mother (one hell of a guy!!). He gave me his TX cell phone # and an email address. Six months later, I discover he is an illegal Nigerian living in Malaysia. When I contacted Romance Scams.org & gave his info, they "immediately" identified him as a Nigerian scammer. (Pics & profile totally fake). Why doesn't the dating site have this capability? The site requests that I myself identify scammers and report it to them. They need to identify and protect me from these predators!!

The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center reports that romance scams cost Americans more than $82 million in losses during the last six months of 2014. To combat such losses, specific anti-fraud measures need to be implemented by the dating site, such as: Employ algorithms to detect suspicious language patterns used by scammers. Search for fake profiles across multiple dating websites. Issue alerts to any member who has been in contact with someone using a fraudulent profile. Educate members with tips on how to avoid romance scammers. DATING SITES DON'T DO ENOUGH TO PROTECT MEMBERS FROM KNOWN SCAMMERS...

I've used a few different dating sites and this one by far is the worse. I initially signed up for it for 3 months but they renewed my account for 6 more months even after I didn't want it. Every time you sign on you get a pop-up box that says they will give you a discount if you sign up longer but they charged my card even though I said no. But overall it's a huge scam. I've had it now for several months and still haven't had a face to face date. I've only communicated with two women on the site. I think they just use google photos off the internet and make up accounts. I constantly will go to the site and it will indicate I have a message. But when I click on my message box it will say I have no messages. So overall, do not use it. There are plenty of other sites where you can meet someone! Pass this along to all who are considering this site.

I signed for one month, later found I had been charged for six, plus "other" fees. Amount charged did not correspond to advertised price. Probably hidden in fine print. Totally unresponsive customer service, they don't want to hear from you and make it hard/impossible. They set you up for automatic renewal and you have to find and opt out. And then their candidate pool is terrible, boring, generic, and pathetic. They seem to randomly assign "suggested" possibilities from far away. Look elsewhere, I urge you.

I have been on the website for a total of 13 days. The experience can be summed up in one word: scam. My request for a refund of the unused portion of my 3 month subscription was met with a resounding "no" due to the fact that I had actually used the site! Customer service 1st hung up on me, then, on the 3rd call, tried to talk over me the entire time and refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor. My advice: don't do it, stay away from "OurTime".

Received a flirt from a female supposedly in my local area. We started to communicate online through the dating site. After a couple of days she told me her membership was up and I shared my personal email address with her. Then she informed me she was out of the country visiting her mother and would return in two weeks. She started requesting more pictures and some very personal information. I did not send any more pictures because I noticed a lot of spelling and grammar errors. I asked her some very pointed questions about our local area based on my suspicion. The communications suddenly stopped. I strongly feel I was being hacked for more personal information which I didn't give. I have been on numerous dating sites in the last three years and found that you have to be extremely careful and have not been very successful in finding anyone worth trusting or dating in the long run.

I've seen the reviews on here about this site, and I've had a similar experience. What I'd like to know is if there is an Attorney out there who would be interested in filing a class action lawsuit, or any consumers out there who would like to begin a petition to file? These people need to be held accountable.

Joined about a month ago. Within a few minutes I had several emails in my end box. So I opted to purchase a membership. Later, I felt it was a bait and switch. I had received emails stating someone had flirted or view my profile. Only paid members can communicate. Even if a paid member contacted a non-paid member. It would appear maybe 1 in 15 are actually paid. Then I started getting bombarded with fake/scammers. One day alone, I received 23 oversea scams. I email customer service. Response was nowhere related to questions asked. Makes me wonder if it was even read by a real person. Bottom line, stay away. Site is really shady.

For two years in a row (even though I cancelled after this happened last year) Our Time has renewed my account to the tune of about $85.00 - with no notice that it was going to happen. Although they inundate you with their so-called matches, they can't send an email that they're going to take money out of your account! I used an expletive with the idiot customer service person. I never do that. Don't join their matches - ugh.

If you want to date the dregs of society, this is the online dating site for you! Fortunately I only signed up for one month. I wish I can get my money back. Most of the men on this site are substandard, high school or technical school education, live in trailers, ride Harleys, wear cheap gold chains, white beater shirts... you get the idea. Occasionally you get someone decent but they are one in a million and you're probably not compatible with them. Don't waste your money on this junk online dating site.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.
  • Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.
  • Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.
  • Best for Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services