OurTime

OurTime.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

BOTTOM LINE

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

PROS

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

CONS

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Top OurTime.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to assist in keeping it a safe and enjoyable experience.

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My experience was positive.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
    • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
    • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
    The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
    What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
    The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
    Is OurTime free?
    Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
    How much is OurTime per month?
    Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
    Who owns OurTime dating service?
    OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Terrible Company. Quick to take your money but provide inadequate Customer Service. Take your business elsewhere, this site has false advertising and ignorance in all aspects. Beware! Try other reputable sites! Avoid!

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2020

I found something better! I'm over 50, but I don't mind having a younger partner. I found her on J4Date.com - she is 37, young and beautiful :) but mature enough for relationship. There are many women there who don't mind age difference, as it fits their culture. Their minds and personalities are mature enough... often more mature than those of American women over 50.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

OurTime doesn't do their work. All they want is to put you on automatic subscription and automatic renewal so they want your cc details. I strongly advise to stay away from eHarmony. In my honest opinion, it's not worth a cent. It is the kingdom of fakes and bots. Don't believe these profiles - they are used to attract new users.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Site was constantly hacked with messages sent with my username that I did not generate. Had to change my password several times. Subscription charges were higher than the web site stated. They would cancel the subscription then sign me back up without my permission and give me no way to cancel by sending me to a URL to cancel which returned a 404 error code. I believe that the company that owns Ourtime, People Media signed me up to several subscriptions I never subscribed include dating sites and gaming site.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

10 days in, I found that my PayPal account had been charged an additional “upgrade” fee, was hacked by a woman using the site to solicit funds from men all over the country who changed my profile several times: including photos. Eventually I was locked out of my own profile. I had a six month subscription and was only partially refunded. This experience left me humiliated as was my first attempt at online dating. The account person I dealt with online used COVID-19 as an excuse regarding the breach in security. Before canceling, in order to access my account after this I had to agree not to participate in a class action lawsuit to gain access.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

This is the worst dating app I ever been on. Lots of scammers targeting us. They will seem to want to be with you then ask for your email. I think it’s is to get into your computer to send a virus. Some of the guys are good looking and seem desperate to be with you but and you think can this be real but it’s NOT. Don’t be fooled. If they sound desperate to be with you but won’t meet you block them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I signed up and had to pay for 3 months in advance. Within 24 hours my account starting sending chats to men from me and my mailbox was flooded with emails and many men in the area blocked me because this. I changed my password, but when I logged back in I could literally see it typing as me and I could not stop it. I was forced to close out my account, but I think all my pictures and information was already copied and a fake account of “me” will be set up. If that isn’t bad enough, I’m out $120 too. I should at least get my money back. There is no repair to the guys in my area that believe I scammed them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have found this site- like many similar ones - far from easy to navigate. Equally in this case, despite the site being 'free' to join, it is necessary to subscribe to be able to see to what you are being asked to respond. e.g. "Jackie likes you - send her a message". On each occasion that I sought to do that it was clear that I would be given no idea as to who or what I might have been messaging until I had parted with my subscription. I don't want to waste anyone's time - that of the potential recipient or of mine. Equally annoying was that I could not find and route to a 'help' opportunity. I don't have a problem parting with a modest amount of money but am not going to do so until I can see potential 'value for money'. Unfortunately, on this site I could not.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

After reading other reviews around the same time frame, decided to add my experience. I was disheartened with no replies from multiple attempts to connect with those who APPEARED to "like" me. It affected my self esteem. I was looking for compatible. He didn't have to be the best looking. Took me awhile to realize my likes probably weren't members & not necessarily rejections. Price to join is steep, so not willing to pay per conversation. Friend said if the guy wasn't willing to pony up for membership probably not worth the time. Now I realize they may have also lost faith in app & not willing to get burned again. Gave 2 stars because was conversing with a lovely man 11 yrs my junior just when my month ended.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Never ever pay or even use this website you can not talk to anyone in the profile, you can never make contacts unless you pay over 50 dollars or more for even one day, I'm not joking. I got sucked into it for 30 days and I'm going to dispute it with my cc company, I was taken to believe I could converse with someone and you can't unless you pay another 10 dollars for one chat. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

HORRIBLE in a word... Poor customer service, not user friendly. No matter what you request, they simply ignore it. I requested specific mileage of 100 miles from my home and specific ethnicity and it's as if I never told them. Got people from east and west coast. Too much money for the poor value. Called many times. No response. When I finally did get a response they did not respect my requests. I would never use them again. I wish I could give them zero stars.

OurTime.com Company Information