1.23/5

OurTime

Last updated: May 21, 2018

223 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

The pros, is that their app is easy to navigate. Had no problem with that. The desktop is a little more complicated but not hard. The cons is that there are quite a bit of scammers, but they seem to follow the same pattern. First they exchange a couple of emails with you, then they either ask for your email address or cell (don't fall for this) or they send this long email of how much they love you and age and distance should keep lovers apart or some such nonsense.

Other problem is that my profile got highjacked several times. Getting help is limited, and although they said they cancelled my account and deleted my profile, I just got a notice that I have 89 messages waiting for me. Oh yeah, I've also been a 45 year old Latina, a 71 year man, a 30 year old gamer and I don't know what my profile looks like now since I can't even get into it. With this type of security I worry that the hackers will really get into their database and steal my data. They really need white hackers to test their site, because it's horrible. I would give them an F- in IT security.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I agree with the majority of the folks who have given this site low reviews. The site is actually kind of hard to get through, with different filters for different things; and they are BURIED in the site itself, in places you would never think to look. I'm pretty savvy, and am on several other sites and none of them (even Match.com, this site's owners) is as bad. I get "matches" from women, although I have clearly specified that I am looking for a man; the age range is off, the geographical range is off, the number of actual paying clients is very, very low -- and since you can only send "flirts" and can't answer if you don't have a paying membership, the number of flirts is outrageous, and the number of actual contacts is underwhelming. They have an aggressive message if you don't respond to all those idiotic "flirts" that says you're a "poor responder". Give me a break. Why on this great earth would I spend my time responding to shadows?

On other sites, they have different mechanisms, like buying the possibility to allow someone who is not a paying member to respond, or responding with a pre-fab message (that is pretty bad, but...) which gets the recipient's attention and if s/he is interested, s/he can let the genie out of the bottle so to speak and allow the person who sent the initial pre-fab essay to write in his/her own voice. And you can't access your account if you are overseas. Which I am on a regular basis. So, my suggestion is pile your money up on the corner, light it on fire and flirt with the first person who comes to help you put out the fire. It will likely be more effective.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites & Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

They send you matches and you can click yes or no. You never hear from a single person. The people that do contact you live at least a thousand miles away and supposedly want to meet you. You never get a date.

Original review: May 17, 2018

This site deleted my information as soon as I entered it. They objected to the line where I said I would not renew, but they did not have to delete all my information. I asked them to return the information to me or give me a refund. They did not do so and continued to bill me for another 3 months. The phone number they give for resolution of problems does not work. This site will steal your money and make it impossible to resolve issues.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Worst site and experience in my entire life. Originally tried joining for 1 or 3 months but there was nothing stating what services were provided except for the 6 month plan; there was a list of what you received so I joined. Always severe technical issues, I had age criteria but was matched with much older men, would attempt to send a message and an automatic message would come up, tried to change or override. It was absolutely the worst and frustrating, would back out and try again, same issue. Was hacked 4 times, received several email messages with OurTime logo claiming my sex preferences, etc was changed and to contact them.

Spoke with others who stated they are receiving messages from people claiming they contacted them when they didn't. My daily matches that were sent to me by OurTime would disappear after I said yes! About 2 weeks ago noticed couldn't sign into my account, verified all was correct and would take several attempts. Some days would take 5 tries and again verified all was correct. Today attempted 10 times to access my account and still couldn't access. Went into the Match.com web and cancelled my paid membership and contacted my credit card company because of reviews that they will try to charge my card. Horrid, horrid site, rip off and truly a scam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have been on this terrible site since the end of last year. I have not met one person who was a real person. This site is full of catfishers and more phishers than I can count. I have been asked to go into their bank accounts to move money around. Why? Because he is in England and has no access to the internet. Oh really then how can you send me emails? I thought they came via the internet. I have been asked for iTunes gift cards. Because, "my iPod got wiped out and I am deployed and cannot buy one." Again is the message still coming from the internet? The latest, he was real good, or so he thought.

"Baby," (PS I am not your baby) "I have gold bars and coins in a bank account in Switzerland and they have froze my account due to fraudulent activity. Can you help me baby? All I need is your bank account number so I can have my employer" not spelled correctly I might add, "can put my paycheck directly into your account. Wait honey let me get my bank account number for you." Are you really kidding? Do people fall for this? Why? I have contacted the company by email and have been told there are no refunds. And they try to catch the phishers but sometimes they fall into the cracks. I'd say like every one of them who has contacted me on this terrible site. Wide cracks I assume. I tried to reach them today and they have blocked my email. I only hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against this terrible site.

Original review: May 9, 2018

First of all, they advertise these nice looking mature adults and when you join everyone on the site looks like they homeless. Where did they find these people and how do they afford to be on the site. Every once in a while someone will send you a message or flirt that looks decent, when you message back they don't really exist. The site says you cannot continue with this person. Some kind of error. That is because they are NOT REAL MEMBERS. When you try to reach OurTime there is no one to help you.

Finally got a good number for them and it is not to their site. It is an overall dating site and they could care less. They say if you responded to anyone you are locked in for six months. A 72.00 dollar mistake that they will not refund any of. If you ask to speak to a Supervisor they say there is no Supervisor and will not allow you to. Really? For the lady who said is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit YES I am. They try to go after people who are vulnerable. Someone has got to put a stop to this.

Original review: May 7, 2018

There is an elaborate process of registration, tons of personal information: physical appearance, photos, likes, dislikes, what kind of dating possibilities might be available out there, huge lists of prospects: "favorites," (people you have chosen out of many, many people), "flirting" - that's when you advise someone that you are interested in them, "favorites" - those whom you've chosen for further potential association. The cost is relatively cheap $19.97 to start, although they are constantly offering upgrades for incentives of all kinds. Too good to be true for us lonely women.

After your registration and your choosing of the favorites, you begin to receive notices that So-and-So has favorited you, usually a scroungy bunch, many of whom are way out of your chosen range geologically and resume-wise. It's tremendously disappointing to receive these messages and then never get a response to your replies, when the way they had described themselves was so enticing. "Ah, the end to Loneliness!!!"

It takes several hours to complete their forms, all that information. Then, they tell you that you haven't done enough... That's why you are not getting responses! The most tragic part is that you do run into a couple of, to you, IDEAL possibilities. What you long for... You "favorite" them, you've gotten their profiles, you want to meet them! They are interested in YOU! And so, it goes on and on. You not understanding why you don't receive responses to your communications... the ones that mean something to you that are appropriate. I am still thinking of two men I thought might be possibility for companionship in the days to come. I would like to prevent other vulnerable women from suffering this ignoble experience, cheap though it may be monetarily speaking. It cost me a great deal in disappointment.

Original review: May 4, 2018

It was awful. I spend several hrs trying to stop getting contacted from the LDS community that just received all my photos and info from the OurTime site that I had just joined. It asked after paying to join if you were interested in your info going to other free dating sites like LDS. I pick the no option (opted out) twice and still started and kept receiving messages from the LDS site and another one both I had opted out of. I was so mad but just kept getting sent in circles when trying to stop this. I also couldn't get to the place where you can stop the automatic renewal. I finally had to call a number I searched for online to contact them directly. 1-866-727-8920 and spoke with a Nice young man named Joseph who was an immediate big help and he got my subscription canceled and my $ refunded. Thank goodness for Joseph.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I am a 72 year old female who joined OurTime.com hoping, not for a marriage partner but for a companion where two people find each other and enjoy each other's company and have mutual respect. What I found, in my opinion, was a site fraught with useless matches, "matches" looking for a green card, out-and-out perverts and a customer service (or lack of one) that could not answer a single question unless it was part of some script and refusals to transfer to a supervisor.

My account was hacked and changed me and my profile to that of a 63 year old male who sent out 400 messages to women from my newly created profile by the hacker but keeping my profile picture. I just wish I had found this site before I even bothered to join. I could go on but what's the use. They (OurTime and People Media) are going to continue to provide an unsafe website and will continue to take money and defraud senior citizens. I hope this helps someone from making the same mistake that I did.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I cannot believe the service with OurTime dating site. You put what you are looking for. Forget it you are getting everyone in the country even when you put less than 75 miles and you don’t want a smoker or you are searching for men, too bad you are getting them all including women. So I am sure I was probably a woman on some other women’s website as a match. Then there are some good looking men - guess what they are past men that have moved on. So ladies those men are not really looking for women because they are really not on the site. Then of course you have perverts and dorks but that is just part of looking. I can accept that better than the lies this website has.

I also saw several profiles that were hacked. Horrible things that were said and changed. I looked on other reviews and men and women complained that they were hacked so this company is not even protecting us from being hacked. I thought joining and paying for 6 months was reasonable. I wanted to cancel after one month. I really wouldn’t have lasted that long but I was really trying to make this website work. Well OurTime refused to cancel and will not refund me for the next 5 months. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said the supervisor will say no too and then told me if that is what I am going to complain about he was going to hang up on me. He and I spoke for several minutes about letting me speak with a supervisor and he flatly refused. Wow the customer service is awful too!!!

I am letting you all know men and women. DO NOT GO ON THIS SITE!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Signed up 4/24/2018. 1st 3 days, lots of hits, flirts, etc. I became suspicious, when I started getting "messages" from females, as I signed on as a woman seeking a man. Got a long message from a woman whose friend saw me through her acct. and wanted, desperately to meet me and gave me an email. I wrote back that that was "different" but would consider if I was sent a pic and bio. 10 mins later, I went back and the message was gone, as though it never existed. I began to notice that I was getting auto msgs. from men who had NOT even viewed my profile... especially from OOS. That's when I started to search for complaints. I immediately canceled any future renewal. For the past 3 days, I am getting only a couple of views and bot messages from others, not viewing. Oh... you can GET views, if you want to pay more for tokens. It's a fraud. Don't waste your time, money, or heart. Class action suit, anyone??

Original review: April 27, 2018

I signed up for a month and things were going fine. This morning, I started receiving dozens of emails "responding" to my email but I never sent them out. Quickly realized my account had been hacked. I must have received 75 emails from people. I called OT customer service 4 times and on the fourth time asked to cancel my account, remove my profile and receive a refund. They refused the refund. I asked to speak to a Supervisor, she refused. So I paid for 4 weeks and got 2 and have spent two hours trying to get my profile down and go through this mess and potential security breach. Way to have great customer care... horrible company, People Media and OurTime.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I was on free membership when I was getting emails telling me I have messages. Favorites. Flirts. So I took a chance and paid for a month. Then I might see it was all a lie. No messages, no favorites. No flirts. So don't do it. Oh. They charged me a extra 3.99 fee on top of the monthly membership.

Original review: April 21, 2018

While I didn't actually become a paying member of OurTime, I was in the process of filling out my profile this morning in preparation to do so, when a well-known image of an abusive scammer flashed before my eyes. He/she/it was apparently in the process of viewing my profile. I knew right then that I was writing a profile on a dating site where I should never spend one dime of my money. Acknowledging that red flag, I deleted my profile and all images within. Thank you, OurTime, for letting me know in advance and prior to my providing payment for your "services," that you're actually ScammerVille. And after having read the bulk of complaints here, I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Signed up for a months subscription, I did read up on how to cancel it before I paid the fee so I would know how difficult it might be. You have to log into the "full site" to do so, just an FYI. Ok, so I created my profile, upload pics, etc, etc. 99.9 % of the flirts and messages were from scammers. They're easy to pick up in once you've experienced them as I have on other dating sites. They always want you to text their phone or immediately ask for your email address.

Next, I have the same issue as another person posted, false profile views which also send out false flirts. Unless you are on the full site via computer and not mobile, you have no way to know if a profile is active or not. The computer website will show you how recent the person's activity has been. All in all, another $30 wasted and a lesson learned. I miss the old Yahoo personals, I never experienced the problems that I've had with OurTime, Match and other sites I've tried over the past few months.

Original review: April 16, 2018

This Online dating site, appears to be nothing but a site where you pay to see irrelevant advertisements. Many of the advertisements are hacked advertisements apparently infected with viruses with the intent of scamming the consumer out of money whilst scaring them into thinking their computer has a dangerous virus. The profile has to be reviewed by them if you make a minor change and OurTime doesn't like it. They delete your entire profile instead of reverting back to the old one. There is no way to know if somebody is a paying member or not. So, if you like someone you have no way to know if they can reply to you. Effectively, a big waste of time.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I came back to Michigan in December. I joined OurTime.com to meet local men as friends. Most of the messages I received were copy/paste of the same "profile" and often began "I think humor is important, and I laugh at myself often." There were a couple other redundant messages. About 90% of the people who sent flirts, Favorites, liked my picture, or messaged were from over 1,000 miles away. No one I sent a chat to ever answered, and only two ever responded to messages. The bots are loaded up on that site.

Today, I got a message from the "friend" of someone who gave his email and phone number. I responded that my profile is quite clear that I am looking for people in Michigan, not AZ. The gentleman who owns that account said he did not send the email - he was hacked. This has proven to be a sad and costly experience for me - a recent widow just looking for a friend to see shows, go to dinner, etc. I would advise anyone who thinks of joining this site to not do it. It just makes you feel worse, and gets no results.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I became a member on April 11, 2018 because I was hoping to meet a lady near my age for communication together. I found a report on the MSN web page that read "Find Who Is the Top 5 Rated Dating Sites". I checked the page and saw that OurTime had a 4 star rating so I gave it a try and became a member. I received many messages and as I read the content I realized the person was part of the Romance Scammers groups. I had memberships at 3 other dating sites and all three had problems with Romance Scammers but what I found out right away was 100% of messages that I received came from Romance Scammers.

The Scammers only took 3 hours after meeting a member to ask his or her to purchase Apple gift cards for a total amount of between $100 up to $2000. I can't figure out who would give OurTime 4 out of 5 stars when members pay monthly premiums just to be contacted by scammers trying to get as much money from the member as possible. Today is April 15, 2018 and I canceled my auto pay for the monthly premiums. I will be deleting my profile soon. All ads on TV for OurTime are lies. My advice is to save your money, don't waste your time.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My letter to OurTime sums it all, 2018-04-13. Not for a second do I believe that OurTime is prepared enough to deal with hackers. Sad that I had to experience this in the short time I was with your matching company. In only four months, three hackers contacted me. I believe without a doubt that your company is not capable of responsibly protecting its customers, and that you are mostly concerned with the public not knowing how bad and how often people's profiles are hacked.

So I demand that you refund me completely, immediately. I do not know for sure what will be the full consequences of this last hacker knowing who I am, what is my full name, my email, my phone, my business name, and my location. I may have repercussions for life which I hold your company responsible as well. And by the way, since you seemed to need help protecting your clients of hackers and con artist, there is one more account that sounds awfully suspicious to me. ** from Aliso Viejo CA, 62 years old. His profile looks awfully familiar to the writings I got from the named guy Chris **, the hacker that got my information.

In addition, you should warn your clients never to place themselves near identifying objects. The photos that were send to me of the man calling himself Chris **, show a man near a car with a plate number from Illinois. Your responsibility above all is to protect your clients from abuse and potential criminal activities, and you are doing a pathetic job at it. Needless to say that I will place these comments loud and clear on the Internet everywhere I can. Obviously, cancel my account immediately and take all my information down, so no more hackers can get my photos.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I signed up for an OurTime.com subscription on 6 April 2018. By 10 April 2018, my profile was hacked and two charges were made, one was for a one month subscription of $22.47 and the other was for 280 tokens that was $9.99. On 11 April 2018, I contacted OurTime.com at 866-727-8920 about the problem and told them I wanted a refund for the two charges that I did not authorize and for the one month subscription since I was only four days into it. They refunded the two unauthorized charges but refused to refund my subscription charge because they stated that it was in their user agreement. I told two different representatives that the problem was not mine but was their fault because of lack of security for their site and because of that, I should be refunded.

After several times of telling them I wanted to speak to their supervisors, both reps hung up on me. The time that we talked, I never used any profanity or yelled into the phone but once I started asking for a supervisor, both reps started cutting me off in mid sentence and told me they were going to terminate the call, at which point they hung up. Stay away from this site because it is nothing more than a ripoff.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Online senior meeting - Ourtime.com and Zoosk are ridiculous. First time tried online meeting. Paid, only there for a week before I removed. Nothing but total scammers the system and men online. They pick up on the little information you provide then hit on you immediately with the info. Men claim to be well off, have big paying jobs. Give you the same line that lost their spouse five years before, own yachts in MO of all places. Want to take you to Paris, if you describe you love God they will try to lead you to believe they are His disciples. Please women have enough sense to realize this and avoid them. If you don't use common sense and realize the scammers you can get yourself in a world of trouble.

Original review: April 7, 2018

They make it impossible to delete your profile so you're looking at profiles of people no longer on the site. They send you pictures of the same people over and over. They write your profile and make you go out and sign in directly to their official site to write one on your own. It’s not easy to maneuver or figure out your account. Trying to stop using the site, not renew after you figure out how to stop it you're not sure it’s stopped. POF PlentyOfFish is free and has a 10 times easier and better site to use.

Original review: April 6, 2018

So, signed up, wrote a profile, kept getting “likes” from the same 3 men - 2 who live on the other side of the US - went in to my profile to try rewriting it- discovered that everything I had written was GONE, replaced by something about my “sense of style” and how favorite thing is good wine- (making me sound conceited- plus I don’t even drink wine). HOW can they attach false statements to MY photo??? Cancelling & filing complaint with my state’s Attorney General!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was so skeptical about paying $30.00 to sign up and I am so glad my skepticism paid off this time. I ran into several of the same problems mention by a few people on this site. Under "My View" I had 16 pages of men (over 100) men total that I supposedly viewed. This was FALSE, as I only viewed maybe 30 men total during my time on the site. Clearly something they are controlling on their end. I was getting countless of flirts, (300 total), and out of the 300 it stated that I had 16 actual messages from men. I was skeptical of this as well because I signed up a few months ago for another site which is the sister site of OurTime operated by People Media and once I paid the views, flirts and messages stopped. I hope others do their research first regarding these sites before paying them.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had used this service a few years ago with no problem, but now after signing up, I was shocked when it showed I had "favorited" and "liked" over 10 people on the first day. I never did this. So you have no idea whether the people that have contacted you are real. It's a total scam and I wish I had known before paying.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I asked for my money back after 1 day on this site. Fake flirts, scammers, profiles that appear to be men & then when you look again it's a woman's profile that has been sending you messages... I guess from profiles being hacked. There needs to be a class action lawsuit brought against these people & their scam network!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

OurTime advertises free trial but they trick you into paying. Then they connect you to several other dating websites which you did not ask for. One hour after paying I had looked at horrendous selection of members and difficult website and immediately tried to cancel via phone and email. One hour after paying to access site which could not be accessed without paying! They never responded to my emails and kept sending me emails. The potential dates who contacted me online sent repeated messages and it felt like I was being stalked. But the primary complaint is that the site tricked/manipulated me into paying when they advertise a free trial. And then they ignored my attempts to cancel until finally today I got through to someone - many times they could not be reached by phone - and hope that they deleted my account from OurTime and the others they had linked me to. Horrible horrible experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I don't blame dating site because I didn't make a love connection. Some people are lucky enough to be on a site at the same time, find each other and have a happy ending, most of us will not and I realize that. However, when I have been on a site for 5 months and not one date and no real messages, I have to question the validity of the site. Question, how many active members they really have. Before paying I signed up did a search and saw that there were quite of few recently active men that met my requirements, I was getting views, flirts and messages everyday. After I paid, (I was lucky the price that I paid was at a much reduced rate from what was first offered, I think less than $40.00) poof, all of my messages, views, and flirts stopped and the ones I supposedly had, I couldn't access them and I could no longer see last activity dates for members.

What on earth happened? I was scammed, catfished by the dating site, there are very very few active members throughout the site, I wasn't just looking in my area. After a month of no activity I went to POF, posted the same profile with the same username and same photo, although I have not made a love connection, I have been on more dates than I can count and actually have become friends with several people, FYI, POF is free. My time expires on May 2nd. I have already set my account not to auto-renew and I printed the page as proof that it is not to auto-renew and I remove my profile.

Besides committing fraud, the site is hard to navigate, visually unattractive and full of bothersome ads. Why do you have ads on a paid site? I saw an ad, OurTime was voted as one of the 10 top dating sites, number 3, behind Zoosk and Match, does this mean they can scam you better. If people knew how few active members this site really has they would never pay. Be truthful so people can make informed decisions. I'm sticking with the free sites and the old fashion way.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have been on several dating sites that were free. I was able to get and go on dates without paying a fee. However On OurTime dating I was charged a fee that was going to be recurring and didn't get one date. I think they are just out to take your money. I requested a refund and a cancellation and did not get either. Do not join OurTime dating site!

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information