1.16/5

OurTime

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

339 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I should of known better... Nothing in life is free. "OurTime" is related & very similar to "Match.com". They say "it's free", but you have to pay to check your messages, plus pretty well everything else. I am having a hard time deleting my profile. I WOULD NOT recommend this site to anyone. This is what you call FALSE ADVERTISING.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have read lots of reviews about this dating site. All those reviews are absolutely right. My experience is a really unique one That I didn't see on any other reviews. Here it goes!! This site lures me in with 50% discount and then tries to cross sale me bunch of useless, add-on, junk services. They deactivated my account after I canceled the automatic renew feature. It seems my account was in total hiatus. Every time I tried to view woman's profile or sent message, the PC screen would darken with a bright pop-up ad reminding me to reactivate my account of six month for $80.27. What kind crap is this? I enrolled and paid for six month; They deactivated my account only after two month?

I contacted the customer service and they emailed me that they found nothing wrong. I can close the pop-up ad by click on the x at top of the right corner. That's absolutely baloney. This pop-up ads in itself is a scam. It should not be allowed even on the screen at all. This is the second time I enrolled on this site. I was on this site 15-20 years ago after split from my wife. I was not serious back then, just looking around. Now I'm serious, trying to find a compatible woman. Something odds happens. The women on OurTime.com are almost all similar after 20 years apart?? This is a big scam. Two different women dated me just several days ago.

I recognized them immediately. They told me the same kind stories they told me 20 years ago. They didn't know this is my second time on OurTime.com. They think I'm just another one time regular patron. They are wrong. Be aware, folks. This site put not only all those fake profiles, fake photos but also offer fake dating service if they see a chance to suck you in for another six month enrollment. Don't give them any of your hard earn money. There are plenty of other better dating site.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was on OurTime for 6 months. I had one date in 6 months. On Match.com, I had 28 dates in 6 months. When they say there are 500 people in your area, 475 are people who used the system years ago and 25 are current members. They charged me $117 for 6 months. I sent out 150 messages to nice people. I got a reply from about 7 of them. I had one date. I have a master's degree and have been working for the same employer for 34 years. My profile is quite strong and got nothing on OurTime. I had lots of dates on Match.com. What is really unusual on OurTime is the number of people who don't even open the email you sent them. About 80% don't even look at your email and 15% read it and then delete it. You get a response 5% of the time. It almost seems like this website is a complete scam. Do not give them a penny. It's a penny wasted.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined (paid) for our time November 2018. I sent messages to several men I found interesting. When they responded I found their profile information had been changed. Some of them while I was online. Pictures deleted and changed from male to female. This site must be set up by scammers to steal from mature people. I have already set it up not to renew and forwarded messages to the customer service. I do not believe that I will get a response. Stay away from this site. I have had messages from a few men but the interest is very short lived and it takes several days for all responses to come. I do not believe that I am corresponding with real people but people hired to respond to the messages.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined this one dating website. Within a couple days I started getting emails from people that I never gave my email address to. I notified OurTime if this privacy breach and wanted to have my profile permanently deleted from their website. I received a response saying they would refund my money within 12 hrs. 4 days later nothing from them, either about the info beach or refund. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR BET BUYER BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Other reviewers called this company/services a SCAM. That may be an UNDERSTATEMENT. Everything is a tease. Nothing works. You receive CONSTANT new matches. You can’t save those profiles you like for follow up. App has no utility and you have to rely on main website where you’re hit with pop-ups. The whole operation is engineered to collect your money and they refuse refunds. I was not even allowed to speak to a manager. NO LEGITIMATE business anywhere on earth refuses that. Customer service reps are foreign and clueless. They’re useless and promote cheap PR lines.

Unfortunately for me and others, we have lost $65 plus. There will be more victims until someone shuts this operation down. It has NO corporate location or contact in US. It may be a Russian troll farm. The scariest thing: they have our personal information and have sold it repeatedly without our permission. By the way, I was supposedly getting messages from far away states when the whole match is advertised as local. I wonder who’s and what’s real on OurTime.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

When you are on the site, the renewal box pops up CONSTANTLY! You have to indicate "No thanks" to move on. (Which is intentionally microscopically small.) In error I apparently missed the mark & renewed when I was only a month into my subscription. I immediately called my credit card, explained it was an error & they did a chargeback. Initiating a chargeback shut down my account. Period. I had to call & they "gave/comped" (in their words) the days I had paid for on my original subscription. At that point I explained my dilemma & asked to cancel. I was told no due to the chargeback process.

Long story short, they responded that the charge was valid, it went back on my credit card, & even though I paid for this additional subscription, my account is still locked. I paid & have no access. They told me I would have to wait 90 days for their systems process of a chargeback (even tho they responded to my credit card immediately). We are now well past the 90 days & NOTHING!! I HATE THIS SITE! THEY ARE THIEVES! Wish I had read the reviews before I signed up! And I too went in to modify my profile & found out it could now only be 140 characters. What can you say with 140 characters? No warning of this change, but once you go in to modify your profile you have to delete down to the 140 characters! STAY AWAY FROM OURTIME!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I am a long term member of this site although I actually view the site very infrequently as each time I do, there is very little activity. I realized that activity increases dramatically as the account is due to expire and this company wants you to renew your subscription. Suddenly I had over 100 views of my information, multiple flirts and a couple of dozen messages. Naturally, for me to view any of this good news, I had to renew for another 6 months at another $117.00. I called customer service to express my dismay. Well, that was quite the experience in itself. Got a woman on the phone who I could barely understand. She was in the Philippines. There is nobody in America I could speak with. This company is a scam. I spoke with 4 women in 8 years. Turns out, none lived in my area. Save your money folks!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

OurTime update limits description fields to 140 characters. What a joke removing our long profiles. No WARNING. Had I known I would not have updated my description. I imagine it is greed. If we pay more no doubt we will be able to once again write longer profiles. GREED. What horses behind thought this up? Fire them, this is not the service I paid for. Called them 866-727-8920, long wait times. More than 20 min on hold, to drill down to a human being, and finally customer service said there is nothing they can do to help, the new upgrade is the way it is going to be, really??

I can leave and I will call my credit card company and tell them I am not getting what I paid for and dispute the last renewal. Goodbye AND GOOD RIDDANCE. OFF TO MATCH AND OR POF OR ANY OTHER DATING SITE WITH NO RESTRICTIONS. How is it an equal playing field if others who have long profiles never update their information, so their profiles remain as is. I went and looked at various profiles. All new members are now on the 140 character per description field system and so members of the opposite sex, well male and or female some have long descriptions some do not.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My experience was a total negative. I was enticed to join by reviewing the prospects they showed that were close to the area I reside in. This was false advertising. The messages I received came from out of the U.S. and totally out of my area. They also were out of the age range and gender I requested. Anyone I communicated with did not want to communicate on the site. They just wanted my e-mail. While on the site they keep trying to get you to upgrade, and buy their products. I am trying to get a refund, but not too hopeful after reading reviews.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Every time I open the website an advertisement overtakes the site and will not let me out of it. Even if I shut off WiFi and data it still takes over. I am not able to contact the company because of the advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Paid for 3 month membership. Logged out after doing my profile. Cannot get back in. They tell me wrong password and email. I know what my password and email is. Sent several messages to them, they totally ignore them. They have taken few out of my bank. Guess NON WILL BE MY NEXT STEP.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

There are three areas of filling out your profile where you can tell your story, what you're looking for, and what else you would like to add. THEY NOW LIMIT YOU TO 140 CHARACTERS! THIS ISN'T TWITTER! What can you possibly say and truly express yourself when you are so limited. I called the company and they said it was an update. I explained I signed up because I saw very lengthy profiles and thought I could do the same. Then I was told there was an update and now the limitation. I said I wanted a partial refund since they weren't providing the service I paid for. The answer was no! Horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I joined OurTime and quickly realized that many of the profiles pictured are not active accounts. Read a lot of profiles and you'll see that many have the exact same wording, as if they were auto-filled. I started writing to everyone pictured to see who was real and who was a ghost profile and 12 hours later I was locked out of the site. (3 out of 10 verified that they were actual, live participants.) I am contacting the Attorney General to file fraud charges.

Resolution response: Jan. 5, 2019

Just to update my experience with OurTime.com I requested a full refund, otherwise I would let my credit card company get involved. I felt security as the main issue. They promptly responded with the offer. Customer care was very understanding. They asked for suggestions of improvement of which I did. They would send those to the Products and Development Team. The main issue is the site allows pictures and profiles to be copied. Hackers and make copies and use those on that site or other sites. I experienced the site was full of stolen identity. Therefore one never knew it was an actual contact or a con.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I deleted my profile only after 5 days. This site can not be trusted. Profile pictures are copied and used (pasted) on a fake account along with the original profile. You never really know who you are texting or e-mailing. Never followed an interest to the end as the inquiry became very suspicious after the 2nd correspondence. Don't really know what the scammers are after, but reading the other reviews it boils down to money. Stay away from OurTime.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Wasted my time entering personal data and then could not contact any women. They never tell you that to get any contacts at all you have to pay. This is just a scam site to get your money. Makes OKC seem like a wonderful place!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Terrible and altered messages sent to other members from me that I in fact DID NOT SEND!!! I want my money back! And I cannot find the settings button to unsubscribe!!! I need your help Consumer Affairs!!! Please call me at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Avoid at all costs. Web app is lacking features that are available only on full web site. If you use mobile app and use a free or open network your account to access it - your account gets locked out and you have to call in to get a new password, only to find out that if you try to access it from your home computer, their system will see you accessing it from a different ip address, and lock you out again. Lots of fake people on site, from states or provinces that are not anywhere close to where you are. I paid for a month access, and only was able to access the site 30% of the time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This site is very time-consuming. They allow you to filter your search options, but it does no good. So they send you potential matches and you have to look at their profile. Of course, now this user gets notified that someone viewed their profile. The site in itself is a scam, then add to that the number of fake profiles and people reaching out from remote areas. Don’t waste your time and money.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I agree with the other reviews. There are a lot of auto generated messages/flirts that just take up your time. AFTER I joined for six months, they changed the format and will only allow you to write a couple lines for your profile description. They said that was a recent change. So since I have almost five months left, I requested a refund. No refunds, sorry. Never again for me on this site.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I joined this site in October 2018, every single lady I communicated with was a scammer. This site belong to Match.com, so right side of screen constantly advertise Match to get you join there. I was with Match before joining OurTime, it is bad too. System generates lots of fake messages and flirts. I canceled after one month, although I had paid for 6. No refund. Absolutely waste of money, you will be sorry if you join. DO NOT JOIN THIS SITE.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

This site should be shut down. Where do I begin? OT self generates messages to members. I spoke to one man who said he spent hours responding women who had thought that he was sending them flirts. He took the time to explain to ALL of them...that he did not send these messages. When I realized this was happening I looked on my sent file and saw dozens of flirts I had not sent and even, to make it even more creepy...detailed messages that I had not written.

Most recently when I was erroneously charged a renewal that I did authorize... I might add about a week prior to the end of the period. All I wanted to do was stay the week since there were a couple of men I chatting with that I wanted to keep in touch with. I sent OurTime a non too-pleasant message about the renewal and about the fact that they took the renewal before they should have thereby cheating me of about a week that I had already paid for... They never responded. Subsequently, my messages (admittedly and in my opinion deservedly) became angrier. Basically I told them just what I thought of the way they do business. After about a week passed I saw that they had issued a credit and had closed my account making it impossible for me to check remaining messages. Reluctantly I decided to pay for one more month so that I could at least tie up loose ends and continue with the few interesting men I was speaking to...

BUT… OT locked me out. I entered 3 CC's...trying each one a couple of times in disbelief that every single one was declined. This is when I realized that I had insulted them to the degree I was flagged and even though their huge windows asking me to renew. They were not going to allow it. So I attempted to add something to my profile in hopes that maybe these men would see it and contact on me on email. OT then erased my profile claiming that I had embedded information that was not allowable which was interesting because I was accustomed to seeing many profiles where men embedded personal info, phones, emails...even using their full names in their screen name. Clearly, this was more vengefulness of the part of the powers-that-be at OT.

FYI. Perhaps this next bit of info will help all of you when you do any online dating. It will not work on Bumble or Coffee Meets Bagel, but it will work on OurTime: when you see a profile pic open it up to its largest size then (on your smart phone) touch the middle of the screen. Several choices will pop up… One of the them is "search this photo on google". Hit that option and if this pic is being used in a fake profile there is 99% chance several scam hunter sites will pop up displaying the photo. So you will know quickly that you are not speaking to a real member. I have only used 3 sites. So just try it on whatever other site you are using. See if it works. It will save you a lot of aggravation and wasted energy if it does. FYI this method will also work on any photo posted on the internet that comes up in a search. What a way to spend my time this morning... So many sharks in the water... So little time. Good luck to all!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This site has so much potential but scammers and some members make OurTime a waste of time. Hackers infiltrate accounts and then send messages to real members trying to get personal information. Scammers can substitute a picture in a profile with another one which is usually a picture of a very attractive person. No matter how many times you write that you do not want a pen pal, you get messages from women (in my case) from across the nation. I suppose it could be worse. I have not gotten messages from women living abroad yet.

The women are often very demanding and not at all committed to having a relationship. It seems like all they want is fine dining and even finer wine. Remember the majority are over 60 years old. You would think that their expectations would be more realistic. Some are still mourning over a lost love and would probably benefit from therapy instead of OurTime. They are just not ready to date but friends tell them to get out there anyway.

The auto renewal feature for upgraded accounts is clearly stated but if you ignore it you will be renewed at a far greater cost. I do not believe that people in charge of the site are responsible for most of the short-comings. This site is open to everyone and as a result you will experience hackers, scammers, uneducated individuals and those suffering from emotional impairments.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I paid them my money and filled out 99% percent of the profile. I got a few flirts and talked with a few people. Through the whole month I got maybe 10 views or so and a few messages. I went to the site on the 8th of Dec. 2018. There were no mess. No flirts, nothing at all. No views. So I go away for the weekend. I come back on Tuesday. I thought I would take a look and see what might be happening. I knew my time there was close to the end. So when I get there. I see I got 61 views. Several mess. And flirts. So I got to looking at the dates. Most of them were from before the subscription had ran out. But I was just now getting them. I was at the site days after some of them were sent and they were not there. OOOh and you see... They want me to give them more money to see what I should have seen already. I mean think about it. Why would I only get maybe 10 views in a whole month and then in one day which was December 9 get 21 views. LOL.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I joined and got several responses, But you can't respond until you pay. So I paid with PayPal because I know I can stop renewal with PayPal easy. Anyway I paid and started seeing who was interested in me. Most were way out of what I was looking for. Last week I got 3 replies from very pretty girls. RED FLAG. So when I went to the site to respond their profiles were already taken down.

I received a 4th while on the site so I responded. She wanted my email so we could talk off the site. We emailed for a bit and it appeared to be more or less a one sided conversation. I was answering her questions and her replies were very generic. She sent me a text and when I tried to call the number there was no answer. I did a reverse number search and it came from Los Cali. She was supposed to live in Tampa Fl. So I did more digging and tracked her email IP address to China. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from this site. I guess I got out lucky. I still have the emails to prove what I said here.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Stay away from this site. I got messages from many woman and it was always the same message with a few small changes. Most were in foreign countries and needed money. My site was hacked many times and changed from male to female. Calling them did no good. I got charged for an extra month and actually cancelled my credit card to avoid being robbed again. This is the only site I've been on and I will never use a dating site again. The profiles are fake, the messages are canned, and you don't know who you are really talking to. One day I got 42 PAGES of flirts, etc from men after my profile was changed. This site is one big scam.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Stay away! Waste of money for the following reasons: 1. Fake profiles are rampant. Pictures are no match for ages. 2. False number of available matches. Most profiles are expired!! Proof is to run a few flirts. Check your Flirts sent and you will see that most have not logged in in over 30 days and some for many months! 3. Scammers contact you every day! Asking for email, phone numbers. Sending their contact numbers in profile info or on their pictures. 4. Misleading matches. They have expired memberships. 5. Unpaid members send messages but can't return your replies and you don't know that they are simply trials. 6. The "I'm Interested" feature shows mostly expired profiles, scammers and fake profiles. Overall, OurTime.com is a Scam in itself. No way to get your money back.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

This is the most famous email I get... I've had three so far. One was at a Thanksgiving party. Another his pal was hanging over his shoulder and needed to reach out to me but I'm deactivating tomorrow. And number three below. "Hello dear, I hope this note finds you well. I was online trying to deactivate my account since I already got a life partner here on OURTIME and we are getting married by Dec 31th, that was when my Friend, William came across your profile as he was actually standing beside me, he's been all over me about getting in touch with you. He said you seems like a woman he will like to know better. He lives in the same area as you. He is only here for a job inspection.

I'm doing this because I believe in love and we never can tell where and when it would happen, that leap of faith is all that is needed. I ask that you give it a try, He is an amazing Man also very Handsome too. He will share pictures and more about himself with you, you don’t need to write back here as I will be deactivating my account."

If these are actually 50-year-old men and older then they need to grow up and come up with something more original. I should put his email address in here so he gets messages from us about how they are jerks. I'm 56 and I asked for men in their 60s but I've gotten up to 70 years old. Really. No face, you get deleted immediately. And do any men in Germantown MD know how to dress. One pic was of a man that looked 80 and was sleeping on his bed with a long gray beard and mustache. Gross.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I experienced hack profiles and photos and not just one or two. It is saturated with foreigners. Never give anyone your email! When they are pushy, lack of photos and the same stories you know right away.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Paid for 6 months then the next day the features I was to receive by fronting the 6 month payment was removed!!! Really bad management and easy to hack accounts as they will not spend the money to really secure the site.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information