1.22/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

OurTime

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

124 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've been on Our Time about 1.5 years. Each time my account comes up for renewal my views are manipulated going from 10-15 per day to over 50! As soon as I renew, views go right back to a normal amount. Now messages also seem to be manipulated. I receive notices from my email provider that I have mail on Our Time which is normally accurate but this week the mail was not there which has happened before. A fellow I liked messaging who told me he enjoyed our correspondence also disappeared from site with no explanation. Views have dwindled to less than 4 per day despite new photos that draw many views and messages on other sites. My subscription isn't due to expire until February and I won't be renewing. Can't help but think their employees get bored and manipulate the service they're supposed to be providing. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I felt the ads are misleading... I was under the impression I was only being charged for 1 month, I never received a receipt, etc saying. After being on the site for a few weeks I checked my account and much to my surprise I was charged for 6 months!! After speaking to their customer service about this issue, and asking to speak to the account mgr, which they would not, they WILL NOT REFUND anything to my satisfaction! And NO the results were not good as well. It seemed the only messages I received were their 'auto-generated' messages... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

From DAY 1 when answering a "potential" match my OT account was compromised. My first match asked for my email right off the bat to... as he claimed... would make it easier to correspond. Although reluctant to comply we emailed back & forth a few times until he decided NOT to reply back. Shortly after I began receiving Spam emails from those claiming to be members... asking to click for more pic and in doing so I was transported to a site asking for billing info. Becoming suspicious I called OT & found out that their security experts were "already aware." They closed my account already explaining why I couldn't LOG ON.

I changed my password as advised but continued to get bogus emails... upon recalling to cancel OT explained... or tried to... that it was a PHISHING scam out of their control. The last email received yesterday Oct 9, 2017, from OT customer service stated that my account was used near Belgium on Oct 8, 2017. OT claim they have no record of this. Asked for a refund but a NO GO. Something is NOT right with this site as I never had these problems prior to joining.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I became a member on October 2, 2017 by submitting Credit card data. Within a week I was sure this was not for me. I have been trying to cancel my membership effective at the end of my month paid dues on November 2, 2017. I have been unable to get to the correct site to cancel. When I try a known site, such as, ourtime.com, the message gets diverted to one of their sites used to relay so-called information. Can anyone provide me with the proper contact point to cancel?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

While using the site I saw numerous postings of people that had been hacked. Then it happened to me. I called 4 times trying to get straight. It became obvious that they only had you change your password and they were incapable of helping you to get that done. Finally told them to cancel the account. I still getting messages. All they could do was hem and has. I also sent copies of 2 emails that I received that I felt were hacking potential. They never bother to respond to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I enrolled with OurTime with the intention of finding correspondence and potential dates. The site lures you in with a $19.99 one-month subscription, but then bills you for a 6 month one, and I have no way of redacting it. Every single person I've corresponded with through the site has attempted to scam me, or has lied about his circumstances. I know that the site itself has no way of controlling that, but it speaks to the type of person who uses it. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been on dating sites periodically for several years. Yes, it's a crapshoot to find one that meets your needs and fulfills your expectations- especially online. But OurTime claims to be a dating site for "50 and over". Yet, as a male, you will be bombarded by phishing accounts from such gems as "Shelly, 25, Venice, California" or "Bambi, 35, Wheeling, West Virginia"- accompanied by photos of girls 5 to 10 years younger and profiles that state "Bambi has yet to complete her profile". And that's after you're suckered into buying a "premium" membership for $19.95 only to find you're also billed for another $119.95 (the discounted rate) for six months of additional misery.

In the 10 days that I've had my premium account, I've had 17 women thank me for the "flirts" that I've sent them and that they think we'd be a "great match". Don't get me wrong, they are some great women with awesome personalities that would make many men very happy. But I've never sent one of them a flirt. I know enough to send someone I'm interested in an email and don't rely on flirts and "meet me" buttons. I've also received comments that thank me for viewing their profile. I've never seen them before.

I've found no option to keep those I view from seeing that I did indeed view their profile. I'm certainly no stalker, but at this site if you click on a "viewed me", a "flirt", a message, or a user's profile, you show up in their profile as well. And that denotes an implied interest to most users that I'd rather not deal with. It may sound shallow, but the thumbnail photos accompanying these messages are incredibly small, forcing you to view the user's profile to even get a glimpse of the real image.

Your default "search" profile is set when you join and there are few options to edit those preferences. This is the same criteria that others will use to search your profile as well. As with any dating site, you'll want to change those criteria over time based on the other user's responses and "Match" requirements. This site doesn't allow for that. And to be totally honest, there isn't a large user base (because it's cost prohibitive to most daters). So, be ready for a very limited selection of users unless you have a very broad search criteria. As far as your 11 daily matches? After the first few days, they will be users that are well out of your geographic area and, more often than not, haven't been active in weeks. Buyer beware. This isn't even a marginally good site for finding that one person that will thrill your soul.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I tried the OurTime dating site. I was very disappointed in the quality of the site. I am a female looking to meet a man. This is a 50+ dating website. I was getting potential matches that were women and young men. I entered criteria of the person I was hoping to meet, and the matches that I was being sent on a daily basis were not all within that criteria. When I decided to cancel the account, I was told that there was no chance of a refund, no chance of escalating to management, and that I should continue to "enjoy" the website for the remainder of the time I had previously paid for. I do not recommend OurTime at all to anyone! Never again!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

After a week, my profile pictures started to become so magnified that I couldn't see anything but the grainy top of a head or a drooping eye. I would also get notices that I had 4 flirts or 6 flirts and I would open the site and there wouldn't be any flirts. I also indicated that I was interested in ** and ** men, but I got everything including women. I never got one response from anyone I messaged. So when I called for a refund I was told over and over that they couldn't give me a refund because I had already used the site. When I asked them, "Why I should pay for a dating site where I couldn't even see the men available for dating," they still insisted they couldn't give me a refund. By the way I called the tech department twice and they said they would fix the problem, but obviously they didn't. They said they would stop my automatic renewal for me, but no refund. Don't go near this site.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Beware of all the sites that end with PeopleMeet. They are all pretty much the same as far as how they work. BBPeopleMeet, OurTime and numerous others. This review is of OurTime. If you do pay for a membership make sure to go into your profile and remove the auto-renewal. That is another way they get you. If you really want to try the site only sign up for a month. Because in my opinion that time frame you usually see the very few that are real. These sites are FULL of inactive accounts. Also beware of fakes. If it looks too good to be true it usually is. I have flirts from women that are way younger than me and almost look like models. I am not saying I am ugly by any means but come on... Really? Good luck to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have joined Ourtime twice. You think I would have learned the first time. I didn't and did go back for more. I will try to be brief and outline my complaints. I think the one that I hate the most is when Ourtime sends you flirts from men who don't even know the flirt has been sent. Ourtime often will do this when your membership expires and they want to make it look like you are receiving mail so you'll join again. Of course you can't open mail unless you pay. You can join for free but it does you no good because you can't contact anyone. So it looks like they have so many members, but they really don't. Ourtime will send you matches who are all over the country and any age even though you have stated your preferences for men who are closer and within a certain age range.

Ourtime doesn't scan the profiles because, if they did, they would recognize the scammers. I find them easy to spot so why can't they? Ourtime makes it difficult to contact them if anything goes wrong with your account. I couldn't sign in and repeatedly asked for my password change. Didn't get the email they promised. I had trouble with billing, spoke to someone from God knows where and the person couldn't understand the problem. I finally figured it out with the help from a Paypal staff.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

This bogus site is not worth a dime. Twice my profile's been wiped out, and a customer service 'rep' told me last, that use of the term "e.g." is not allowed, as so many people would not know what it meant. So anyone on this site who DOESN'T know what that means is NOT the kind of person I'd be interested in anyway! The whole thing's a total crock.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I originally joined OurTime about a year or so ago. I got very little interest from others, maybe a small handful of "likes" and a couple messages. I decided to leave the site, but, right after I did, I got a couple "favorites, flirts and messages", and felt compelled to lay down my hard-earned cash for another 6 months. The timing was odd, but I couldn't pass up the chance to look into who was suddenly messaging me. Of course, those did not pan out. Fast forward another 6 months with only a small number of contacts (emails, flirts), so I decided to leave again. Lo and behold, after cancelling my paid membership, I was suddenly SWAMPED with flirts, favorites, emails, likes and more. I got 20x more of contacts in two weeks than I had in the entire previous 6 months. As of last count, I had 15 new flirts, 14 favorites, 30 messages and 345 profile visits, all in just two weeks. Suddenly I was Channing Tatum!

Fool me once... Obviously, the OurTime software is sending out fake messages and flirts that I can only read and follow up on if I become a paying member again. Either that, or they are displaying my profile to 1000x more people than they did when I was a member, thus increased "activity" on my profile. Either way, whatever is sparking this insane interest in my profile that didn't exist just two weeks ago is a fraudulent practice by OurTime just to get me to shell out more hard-earned cash. I'll guarantee, not a single one of those messages is anyone real or anyone that lives within 500 miles of me. I've seen similar posts about this practice, which I why I think OurTime should be investigated and, even have a class-action suit filed against them. OurTime is pocketing millions of dollars by preying on people's desire for a date.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Incredibly deceptive site. I totally agree with the rest of the negative complaints for OurTime.com. Most of the time is spent getting rid of scammers. When I did finally meet someone I liked and we exchanged a couple messages, they shut my account down for no reason, and cannot get back in touch with her. I called and they said it was because I was using a VPN (private network). SO WHAT? VPN's are used by many people to protect their identity on the internet. What this means is OurTime is more interested in SPYING on you, rather than provide a legitimate dating site. AVOID OURTIME for your own protection.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I tried to sign up for one month only but somehow I was charged for 6 months. I emailed Our Time but it was impossible to reverse the charges for 5 months. I was given the run around so didn't think it was worth the fight. I then kept getting flirts and emails from the states when I am in Ontario, Canada. I once again emailed OurTime and was told that they only look at your interests and not the location. Even though I have said in my profile "Don't bother contacting me if you're not within driving distance" I'm still getting flirts and messages from Texas, California, BC, etc so in my opinion, a BIG SCAM! Don't waste your money on this site.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I first joined last year and was very disappointed of the results; basically lots of scammers and my profile was hacked several times. I cancelled my subscription before the expiration date. That is how bad was my experienced. Then last month, I got an offer for 50% and tried once more. Then, one day I checked my profile and it was gone and was replaced with a generic. I called and reached a call center in Cebu, Philippines. I specifically asked to speak with the Supervisor on duty to tell me the reason why profile was taken down.

She basically told me that I cannot used the word: relationship, sexy, intimate or intimacy in my profile due to the extent that it can be interpreted as sexual in nature. I told her give me a break, most likely that not lots of OurTime members are seniors and more likely on Geritol... No offense I was just so upset of her answer. So next time your profile is gone asked for a supervisor and for her to give you an explanation why your profile was taken down. Do remember there are lots of weeds out there. Basically you have to weed the weeds.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

First of all, it cost me $121 for 6 months. I cannot look through this site freely, because constant advertisements that pop out every 2 sec, without option to remove them. I paid my money for NOT to watch advertisements, but find somebody to spent my life with. It is very disturbing and annoying. I plan to cancel my membership. Waste of my time.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I set up a profile but hadn't even completed it when I was notified my birth date had been changed as I requested. I called as I pulled up my account to find my pic was off my profile and a younger woman was there. She had talked with nearly 50 men talking trash. I was really upset. Nothing changed though they said on phone they reset my account. I'm writing our state attorney general's office. Not a reputable site!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Ladies beware of Ourtime.com dating site! I was scammed by a man for 1850.00. It almost cost me my job and my home! I just want women to know; if he sounds too good to be true he probably is a scam artist.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

OurTime.com is so so. Many of the write-ups sound similar in wording, phrasing, etc. Also the matches many times don't match for example out of the requested age range, smokers when only non-smokers wanted, not in the requested area.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I received an email stating that personal information had been changed - when I attempted to log in, the password had also been changed and all attempts to reset blocked!! The Help line is NOT 24 hours so someone had access to my information for over 12 hours... SCARY...

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I became a member of OurTime.com and the very first guy that contacted me was a scam! Just wanted money or iTunes cards. Once I stopped communicating he had someone else contact me via hangouts and email and told me he was in a car accident and was going to die if I did not send $1200. Needless to say, I did not. Took awhile, but they finally stopped communicating. Also, because all of the guys who contacted me would never meet, I sent out AT LEAST 25 messages to guys in my general area asking them to just meet so I could see if the web site was real. Not one responded!!! This is a FAKE website. Save your money!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Don't feel most of the people, both men and women, at the OurTime.com site are completely honest. They only write the positive stuff and nothing negative... We all have faults so why not put some of the smaller ones out there? I love to sing with the radio, but I know I am a terrible singer. I put that out there.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I could not delete previously read messages and could not contact OurTime.com by email or phone to make corrections. Setting up profile preferences are useless as they are ignored. The service is overpriced, over 70.00 for 6 months, and this with a discount I obtained. Most of the online dating websites are bad, this one is one of the worse.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Years ago I was on Match.com. After over 8 years I decided to try again. This time with OurTime.com. They have terrible customer service. I signed up and was on the site, to discover immediately my password was used for my "handle" name. I was shocked. I called and had them change it, and they warned me I could only do this twice (even though not my error). They had zero answers as to why my password was used. 10 days later I uploaded additional photos. The photos were kept in pending stage for 5 days.

I finally called, & they told me my account was cancelled and I was credited. NO explanation as to why. Looking at my CC bills, they cancelled the account same day as my change or day after. Now I am in question, because my password they used was Trump**. Do you think they cancelled because of political preference? I wasted days surfing this site, sending emails etc. HOWEVER, It did NOT show on my account cancelled, and I was able to log in with my new handle etc. VERY SHADY. They are affiliated with MATCH.com. In the future I will never use either mediums. Customer service very robotic. I requested a higher up to call me back. Still no callback.

Original review: July 31, 2017

On the dating sites, they tell you to be honest and say thank you, I do not think we are a match. Wow, just try it. You get called bad names, put-downs about your photos, etc. What is with these supposedly adult men who act like middle school kids? Where is their maturity to understand that not all women will want to go out with them. If one cannot take rejection, then they should not be on Internet dating sites. Such rude men. And so many men want someone 20 years younger. Show me a healthy 30 year old who wants a 50 year old when she can get a great 30 year old. Either she wants a daddy or a bank account, in my opinion. I have seen it over and over. They get their bank account, and then find a 30 year old stud to help them enjoy their new found treasure. Yes, I have seen that happen.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Site is the PITS. The first two months on OurTime I got hit with so many scammers. I found myself constantly having to refresh the page. Constant Pop Ups for them wanting me to renew membership. It got so bad I withdrew my profile. Portions of my profile disappeared when I went to reactivate. I had to call customer service. After being back for 4 weeks same crap. One day I got faved by three different profiles, but the pictures were of the same woman. WTF! Called to complain. Did not get anywhere. Turns out I was on the phone with another Country. When I asked to speak with someone from USA couldn't be done. Don't waste your MONEY.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have been on this site for couple of years now with minor success. When I logged on last week to cancel my membership, I noticed it had automatically renewed THE DAY BEFORE. ONE day before my email. When I called their customer service line, no-one answered because it was after hours by 45 minutes. I then emailed them asking to cancel and refund my $90. I never heard from them. I called and finally was able to speak with a customer service rep. Explained the situation. She told me she did see my email and put me on hold. After a few minutes she told there was nothing she could or would do, and that I still had to pay the $90 for ONE day. WARNING! If you do want to use this site, pay very close attention to your renewal date, because even ONE day will cost you. This company does not care about its customers.

Original review: July 24, 2017

It was difficult to get on the site, I had to change my password 3 times. Today, I uploaded my head shot, which I had done specifically for these dating sites and they rejected it. It's clear and no one else is in the shot. I have it up on 4 other sites no problem. Does anyone know how I can get my money back?!?

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have just signed back in over 2 years ago. The issue that people are writing has happened to me. The company send the emails to you to get you to stay on. Their system won't give you matches in the location you asked for. It will give you match all over the states. You have to go into system and search for your area. It generates so many out of your location you spend more time deleting them. When I left a while ago I was sent emails over email I finally had to block their site because it would not stop. I had my profile hacked. I honestly believe it is company doing this because they're trying to sent flirts, emails, etc to your account. They mess up your account by accident. It not only this company Match does same this. I believe they are the same company because exact same this happen on Match less than 24 hours of our time issues. I also signed up for promotion and should be charge next month same price. They are charging me full price.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.
    • Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.
    • Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.
    • Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.
    Profile picture of Mark Brooks
    Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information