2.84/5

OurTime

390 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2019

I joined this site. I have nothing but outstate scammers.. I report and block them to have them come back in a day with same picture but different name and whereabouts.. I want a refund.. Also they keep sending messages to men I did not send one to? I.e. like I enjoyed their profile? I never send one.. I truly think this site needs to be investigated by police. Never again..

Original review: May 14, 2019

I did receive some nice comments from others on the site, which was good for my confidence. I was nervous about dating because I haven't dated since my divorce 7 years ago. I went on two okay dates that didn't work out. My number one complaint is there are a ton of scammers on the site. They ask for your email and then email from a fake OurTime email, so that you will click on their links. Long story short a scammer hacked into my account and messaged a ton of people, changed my profile, and put a pic of a 25 year old. I called OurTime and they helped me reset it. However the scammer already said crazy things to others and a lot people blocked my profile! Then the next day someone was using my account again. I had to call and cancel the account and they refused to refund me even though I had just paid for another month.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I joined this site expecting to find mature 50+ singles as myself. I initially received many notices that men were reviewing my profile. Within the first evening I received 4 contacts that were scammers. All 4 were instantly in love with me planning our lives together and all 4 immediately wanting my offsite contact information from me because they were not renewing their subscription or were viewing from a friend's subscription that was leaving the site as well. One put himself in a position that he desperately needed $7000 in CASH mailed to him at a USA address that would forward it to him in the UEA where he was "stuck". Now that I have stated in my profile not to contact me unless you are real and not a scammer I'm not receiving anything but viewers. Don't bother.

Original review: May 12, 2019

After going through the long process of putting all of my information, photos and summary as well as the 'matching' criteria I found that I couldn't not communicate with anyone at all unless I paid for a subscription. I don't want to waste my money and time to find out that all of the messages (there were quite a few) that were coming in were from people who I wouldn't have chosen. At least there should be a preview of the person sending the message. That might be worth paying a fee for.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I signed up 15/08 to the site and thought it would be an honest place since it's for mature people. I was emailed by this man on the site. He's a longstanding member of Match as well & I suspect many other sites. He & I exchanged a few emails where he started using what looked like common interests & other tactics in order to gain trust & a bond. He bored me what I thought was his life story. Even revealing details that should remain private about his family. He confessed he had been 'stalking' me & many other exotic women (black hair, dark olive skin, dark eyes) every day for months. His type- Asian, middle-Eastern, Mediterranean, mixed race or **.

He will feed you a load of fantasy & lies about his life in order to gain trust & then progress onto sexting, phone calls & a one night stand or two. Perhaps even for a few months. Before he starts backing away two-timing you & ready to go onto the next victims. It must take some planning. I learnt that this is what he does 24/7 every day. He very quickly suggested we exchange phone numbers and started texting each other. He sounded reasonably educated and said he worked in finance. Lo & behold he preys on both victimised women with problems as well as well groomed, educated career types. The photo he uploaded with him standing around a couple of nice cars is far from the reality. A rusty old car sitting on bricks & a tiny old two-seater that regularly breaks down is the actual reality. That's when he can be sensible enough to not run out of petrol in the middle of the motorway.

He is a sad looking balding sight, with a pockmarked hairy back resembling a crocodile's, fungal warts on his scalp & talks about nothing else but his past conquests ex-wife, ex-girlfriends & horrible family. Btw the ex girlfriends also fill in as **-buddies, so beware. His health problems sound like a publication in a health journal for grubby diseases. ED could just about, be excused if he had a monogamous bone in his body. He does not & has never practiced safe sex. Don't expose yourself girls to horrible stds. His mouth is not just for stringing out lies, it's been part of this dangerous man's tools for picking up disease from the immoral individuals like himself & passing it on & endangering the health of otherwise healthy unsuspecting women.

He is mentally ill, a penniless hoarding hermit living in a small village in the South of UK, surrounded by dust & mildew, living in one room in a dark dingy delapidated rented grimy dirty smelly house, with decaying food, filthy carpets covered in women's hair, dry skin particles & heaven knows what else. The stacks of dusty old newspapers are a sight to behold. He has nothing to offer anyone. He might try to fool you by mentioning how it would be nice to settle down get married & have children soon. Don't fall for it. It's nothing but a string of lies.

Just a warning girls. Don't fall for the attention & attempts to win your sympathy. You are simply one of many that he has on the loop. Very soon a matter of weeks or months, you'll soon be faced with stark reality as he starts the disappearing act saying "We could be better as friends" as the entire act is being played all over again on the next victims. You've been warned. Give him a big miss!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: April 28, 2019

One of the most unattractive men members of any date site. I was getting tons of flirts AKA time wasters and rarely an email. If I would respond to the email the message would pop up "Member no longer found." SCAM. Or respond and never hear or see the profile that the initially contacted me. Now that I no longer want to renew my membership I'm receiving messages from the site admin that I have about 28 messages waiting and that I should renew to be able to read the messages. BARELY ANY MESSAGES IN 6 MO. AND NOW 2 DAYS AFTER EXPIRATION OF MY MEMBERSHIP I RECEIVED 28 MESSAGES. LIES, LIES. Save your money and treat yourself to a lunch instead of giving your money to these criminals.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have just looked at this website as I was considering joining with 30% discount. I went on the home page and it said I had had 164 profile views, had some winks and one person had me as a favourite. INCREDIBLE! I had no profile on there, and my glance at the website could not have conjured up ANY attention. I will spend my money elsewhere thank you. This should never be allowed as so dishonest.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I enrolled 3/25 to the site because of my age and thought it would be a honest place since it's for mature people. I started talking to this man on the site and sooner we exchange phone numbers and started texting each other; the man sounded a well educated man and said he was an architect. He even sent me pictures of some work he was going to work on, it seemed like it was real but I very precarious about because it sounded too good to be true.

After 3 weeks he said he had to travel to another country for a contract. That was the beginning of a red flag for me. So, the end of the story is that the prestigious architect ended up asking me to send him an iPhone and iPad. How a prestigious and successful architect didn’t have money to buy himself one of those electronics..?? Totally agree that this site needs to be removed. Ladies, be careful! Fortunately I didn't fall into this trap. I'm very honest woman and have an education and was hoping to meet an honest man but I am very disappointed. Please stop using this site.

Original review: April 19, 2019

After reviewing the PATHETIC CHOICES I removed my info and selected unsubscribe. No matches considered any of my preferences. For example I wrote I dislike facial hair. OurTime continues sending emails and to harassing me.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I had belonged to this site about a year ago and met some people on it, but when I came back to it to rejoin this spring of 2019 it had changed for the worse. I went to update my profile, and it had a 200 character (not word) limit. This means about 2 sentences to a field. How am I supposed to say anything meaningful in 2 sentences? They are treating it like a dating app, not a paid for dating site. For the prices they charge, you should be able write at least 2 short paragraphs per field. Even the free dating sites let you write enough about yourself. I contacted them about this, and got a form letter back that had nothing to do with what I asked. Who do they think is going to pay a lot of money to just upload a few pictures? I for one am not interested in that kind of a shallow dating site.

Original review: April 12, 2019

After seeing this on TV I thought it might be a real service - WRONG, it's just another dating scam. Within days of signing up and finding out the only way to get & receive messages was via a paid subscription I was being locked out. Technical support reset my passwords and finally told me my account had been hacked - after they supposedly "cleaned up" my account I still was not able to consistently log in.

I finally called to cancel my subscription and was told since I actually used it I would still be charged the full amount for the six months of service even though I was only on for less than three weeks - "no way to authorize any type of refund" said the foreign sounding voice. Technical support tried repeated to tell me my login issue was a problem on my end - that I needed to check my internet connection (which was fine), remove any firewalls (sure, I'm going to do that for them), clear my cookies (and reduce my connections to several regular account I use)… Just full of crap!!! Don't use OurTime, certainly don't sign up for anything beyond one month if you do insist on trying it and be aware of possible damage to your computer and annoying unwarranted emails thereafter. The bar scene stinks for us older folks but at least you can usually just walk away - no such ease with this online stuff.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Joined this. Was approached by scammers. Three of which were using same story. Was approached by 2 people with same story. They were leaving site but had shown my profile to a friend who fell in love with it. The friend was not on site but they gave me their email address. Asked me to contact it. I fell for the first one but when I reviewed the same lead from another person I knew it was a scam.

When the person I emailed got back to me I had already seen the scam they had 2 times. Three women all international business women out of country on big business deals overseas. I knew then it was scam final message from one. She had been robbed. Had no Id, no passport or money left and needed money badly would I send it. Apparently the only thing they left her was her phone so she could contact me. The only money I lost in this deal was the sign on fee for the site. I dropped out after 3 days even though I had a 6 month subscription. No refunds. The site is set up to revile after six months automatically. I canceled that but don’t trust that will work. My credit card will expire and renew before that time. I hope that keeps me from being ripped off again.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The people who run this site, "People Media " are vengeful and retaliatory. Complained about overcharge and next thing my account was sabotaged, became irregular and neither received nor was able to send views and messages. If that was not enough harassment and revenge, I then started to receive multiple harassing and annoying phone calls from telephone numbers not valid in the USA, which I believe may have been made from People Media outside the USA and thus untraceable by US AUTHORITIES, and in furtherance of OurTime's vengeful, petty retribution.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Many profiles are fake or non paying members who are unable to read messages sent to them. Profiles not screened (“”...always looking for a "quickie","I like kinky"). After messaging back and forth, the profile disappears or the member is looking for finance support. OurTime is owned by IAC, which also owns Match and Chemistry.com. Shame on them! This site should be called "scam.com".

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have sent several messages to women and found them to be fake profiles. Chatted with one for 3 days and then she disappeared, another fake. Had a lady friend put her profile on the site, after trying to send her messages for several days that she never got she deleted her profile. That was a month ago and the site is still showing her as an active member, even shows her online for chat. LOL. Fake scammers are another problem. Don't waste your time and money. As for me I'll go back to the old way of trying to meet someone.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Like others, I should have read reviews prior to prepaying a 6-mo subscription. I signed up Jan 2019 and immediately continued to get locked out of my account with no email notification from OurTime. About a month into it, and being asked to reset my password again (I believe I had already set it up 4 times by this point), I reached out to their customer service. They acknowledged they were locking me out and provided a few possibilities, none of which applied to my usage. This is likely an authentication issue on their end they need to fix.

They finally closed my account but refused to refund me as they said I still had access to their email. When they send daily emails with notifications, you can get to their email through a link in those daily emails...It only works once a day and you cannot access other areas in their site without logging in. SO being constantly locked out prevented me from updating my profile or other activities along with just limited email access. They didn't help and didn't refund me. I'll gladly absorb the $107 in exchange for being able to post my complaint to assist others from avoiding this same issue.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I joined this site just 1 week ago and am now a victim of hackers scammers. I am dealing with a real mess. I called the customer service number provided 886-320-0106 and it is a non-working number. I want my profile removed and my money back but can't find the actual working number to call them.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I would never have joined this site had I known it is a scam. People wanted me to go to other sites to review their profile there and it would have required I join that site. This is a typical scam from out of the United States!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Being an older person, I decided to try this site rather than more general sites like Match. It was highly touted in some online articles. But what a waste! There is no way to control searches, so I only get matched with people who live within a few miles of me but have nothing in common. From a few minutes after I signed up, I was bombarded with scam messages, many with exactly the same text, and most of them from distant locations. After a day, I canceled my membership. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to get a refund. I don't know if there is a connection, but then I got locked out of my account and had to change my password! I would rate this ZERO STARS if I could -- a total waste of time and money.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I was contacted immediately but all were from far away with fake profiles. The harassment started about two days into my paying for the account. One person would not take no for an answer. I would suggest for personal safety you do not go on this site.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I made the mistake of buying a discounted 6 months membership. I wish I read all review before purchase. I got suspicious when I got a lots of admires just in 20 minutes even now that my profile has only one picture. All the messages was robot standard messages and all from a distance! No one from my area! They push you to give them your phone number or email, which I refuse but two "admires" sent me phone number and email. I google phone number, and it was fake. Red flag! I immediately cancel my subscription and call 833-223-8873 to cancel my membership, remove my profile and get money back, but guess who was operator? Yeah, Indian guy who refuse to connect me with supervisor and hang up on me. Unbelievable. I contact with my credit card company and file a complaint. I am going to file a complaint with Texas Attorney General. This company needs to be shut down and monitored by the FCC and FTC.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The site is a pain to use. Not very user friendly. Most of the profiles are inactive, fake or non-paying members who can't read what you write. You can't search by distance, only "near me" which might be a few hundred miles away if you live in places like Colorado where there are so few women on dating sites. Marketing material is very misleading. I've yet to find a button to hide my profile as I don't want to use the site at the moment, so that means that unsuspecting women will be sending emails with no idea that I won't be reading them. Then again, I've yet to ever receive an email, so who knows. I suspect there are very few legitimate users.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I truly dislike these folks. Besides the usual excessive marketing emails and teasers that lead you to think you can actually accomplish something without paying, in my judgment, they over-monitor profiles. To be specific, I noticed a couple of profiles where the user name was actually the person's whole name. I was tired of my user name, so I changed it to a combination of my first and middle name, as all one word, but not my last name. They changed it to just my first name. Then I made a collage of pictures that showed my face and reflected my interests. They deleted that photo because they said it was trademark infringement. (I used a similar collage about 2 years ago on a number of other sites and there was never such an issue.) There is no appeal as they said in their message to me that they do not respond to emails. There is zero likelihood that I would ever pay them for anything.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Forums are better. I have not found the website very easy to use and I feel like there are many false profiles, however I am not good with technology so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am a widowed 65 year old working at my Deli shop and I just wanted to find a place to meet new people. It seems there are many like-minded people on this site, however, so feel free to call me at ** if you are in the PA area.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The site is horrible. You cannot set limiting parameters, such as you cannot limit who sees your profile by locality or other selections. It just all around is user-UNfriendly, they won't grant refunds, and I actually think it has a tendency to draw really sleazy people. Use any other dating site but this one.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Robot messages. Same stories for different people. Pictures are too good to be true. No locals responded, but plenty of out of state responses. Stay away from OurTime.com. Added note: As of 3/25 unable to find site. Hopefully it’s gone. Don’t believe the commercials on TV.

Original review: March 24, 2019

First of all, I subscribed in this website a week ago, I uploaded my photo and after one week it wasn't approved yet, so I contacted the customer service and I asked why? They sent me an automatic message to tell me how I upload a photo then I resent another mail and finally someone answered me and apologized for this error, it was a system error he said, then I decided to upgrade my membership to enable me messaging someone that interested me, so I paid, and then I sent message, but no answer and I discovered that this person was not connected to the site since September 2018.

Each time I see what profile I visited I see a lot of women that I have never checked their profile but they already existed in my checklist, so weird. And then I have never been checked by someone despite I messaged so many of women!!! Then I wanted to cancel my automatical renewal, I can't get access to my account setting to do that, I get always a message that said, "Access to your Account Settings is currently unavailable. Please try again later." So, I contacted the customer service again and I explained them the problem but no answer and an hour after I tried to log in in my account but my account is not anymore accessible, it looks like was deleted!!! Where is my money I paid for?? How can I delete my account?? I can't let photos accessible in my account, I don't know what to do. I am gonna call my bank to cancel my credit card as a precaution.

Original review: March 21, 2019

95% or more of the profiles you see are fraudulent in some way. Most pictures are of people who are not actual members. IF YOU QUIT BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR PROFILE DOWN FIRST, they do not do that. Look for awhile and you will find the EXACT same wording in profiles for many different people. These are generated by the company to make it look like they have millions of users. Then you have the scammers who will not ask for money right away, but eventually do. And of course the sex creeps that should really be on Ashley Madison paying for what they want rather than stalking seniors. Read all of the reviews about billing practices and refund refusals This company needs to be shut down and/or monitored by the FTC and FCC. I urge everyone with an issue to write to the Texas Attorney General and file a complaint. I am contemplating a class action lawsuit but don't know how to contact everyone.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Take what these reviews say seriously. Are there more bad ones than good? If I could give a ZERO I would. Because once you are involved and finished putting your wallet away, and you've got your profile complete...you're going to have to pay attention to these messages you get. In the case of a woman making a profile, expect to be called ’Dear’, be told you are beautiful, and realize how a majority of responses to your messages are created by bots (robots). In the case you do happen to talk to a real human...be satisfied with the fact that it may not even be an adult your talking to! I do not think an adult would be sending you flowers and fruit baskets, then asking for money. OF COURSE, the money is to travel to meet you! OF COURSE it will be PAID BACK TO YOU. It is not true, and it should be shut down.

I think any reviews that are positive are complete BS and should be in a class action lawsuit!!! I'm starting one without a doubt. So unless you want to be lead on thinking that someone wants to meet you, save your money and go to the Application called MEET UP. I am tired of seeing older people get screwed, so yes I'm starting a meetup for older people in my area to meet others thru similar interests. No paying anything to join. You meet real people. You can use that app in your area and do the same. I will not see my mom get screwed by someone who runs this evil app or any thief using people within the app. Oh, have fun getting your profile removed, or your money back. Your account profile is online and permanent public information.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The Our Time site sent out on its own over 200 "Likes" and letters from my profile page. They sent me men and women even though my settings said "Women" only. They generated fake contacts sent to me from other profiles. I determined this at first based on the identical response coming from the profile to which I had responded. Later it became even more obvious when the "Canned" greeting of "I like your profile..." arrived several times from several profiles, even though I had eliminated everything from my profile and there was nothing to like. I requested a refund and was denied. I asked for a Supervisor and was denied and was told if I repeated my request for a Supervisor, I would be disconnected.

OurTime.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.

• Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.

• Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.

• Best for: Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OurTime.com Company Information