OurTime

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received an email stating that personal information had been changed - when I attempted to log in, the password had also been changed and all attempts to reset blocked!! The Help line is NOT 24 hours so someone had access to my information for over 12 hours... SCARY...

I became a member of OurTime.com and the very first guy that contacted me was a scam! Just wanted money or iTunes cards. Once I stopped communicating he had someone else contact me via hangouts and email and told me he was in a car accident and was going to die if I did not send $1200. Needless to say, I did not. Took awhile, but they finally stopped communicating. Also, because all of the guys who contacted me would never meet, I sent out AT LEAST 25 messages to guys in my general area asking them to just meet so I could see if the web site was real. Not one responded!!! This is a FAKE website. Save your money!!!

Years ago I was on Match.com. After over 8 years I decided to try again. This time with OurTime.com. They have terrible customer service. I signed up and was on the site, to discover immediately my password was used for my "handle" name. I was shocked. I called and had them change it, and they warned me I could only do this twice (even though not my error). They had zero answers as to why my password was used. 10 days later I uploaded additional photos. The photos were kept in pending stage for 5 days.

I finally called, & they told me my account was cancelled and I was credited. NO explanation as to why. Looking at my CC bills, they cancelled the account same day as my change or day after. Now I am in question, because my password they used was Trump**. Do you think they cancelled because of political preference? I wasted days surfing this site, sending emails etc. HOWEVER, It did NOT show on my account cancelled, and I was able to log in with my new handle etc. VERY SHADY. They are affiliated with MATCH.com. In the future I will never use either mediums. Customer service very robotic. I requested a higher up to call me back. Still no callback.

On the dating sites, they tell you to be honest and say thank you, I do not think we are a match. Wow, just try it. You get called bad names, put-downs about your photos, etc. What is with these supposedly adult men who act like middle school kids? Where is their maturity to understand that not all women will want to go out with them. If one cannot take rejection, then they should not be on Internet dating sites. Such rude men. And so many men want someone 20 years younger. Show me a healthy 30 year old who wants a 50 year old when she can get a great 30 year old. Either she wants a daddy or a bank account, in my opinion. I have seen it over and over. They get their bank account, and then find a 30 year old stud to help them enjoy their new found treasure. Yes, I have seen that happen.

Site is the PITS. The first two months on OurTime I got hit with so many scammers. I found myself constantly having to refresh the page. Constant Pop Ups for them wanting me to renew membership. It got so bad I withdrew my profile. Portions of my profile disappeared when I went to reactivate. I had to call customer service. After being back for 4 weeks same crap. One day I got faved by three different profiles, but the pictures were of the same woman. WTF! Called to complain. Did not get anywhere. Turns out I was on the phone with another Country. When I asked to speak with someone from USA couldn't be done. Don't waste your MONEY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

I have been on this site for couple of years now with minor success. When I logged on last week to cancel my membership, I noticed it had automatically renewed THE DAY BEFORE. ONE day before my email. When I called their customer service line, no-one answered because it was after hours by 45 minutes. I then emailed them asking to cancel and refund my $90. I never heard from them. I called and finally was able to speak with a customer service rep. Explained the situation. She told me she did see my email and put me on hold. After a few minutes she told there was nothing she could or would do, and that I still had to pay the $90 for ONE day. WARNING! If you do want to use this site, pay very close attention to your renewal date, because even ONE day will cost you. This company does not care about its customers.

It was difficult to get on the site, I had to change my password 3 times. Today, I uploaded my head shot, which I had done specifically for these dating sites and they rejected it. It's clear and no one else is in the shot. I have it up on 4 other sites no problem. Does anyone know how I can get my money back?!?

I have just signed back in over 2 years ago. The issue that people are writing has happened to me. The company send the emails to you to get you to stay on. Their system won't give you matches in the location you asked for. It will give you match all over the states. You have to go into system and search for your area. It generates so many out of your location you spend more time deleting them. When I left a while ago I was sent emails over email I finally had to block their site because it would not stop. I had my profile hacked. I honestly believe it is company doing this because they're trying to sent flirts, emails, etc to your account. They mess up your account by accident. It not only this company Match does same this. I believe they are the same company because exact same this happen on Match less than 24 hours of our time issues. I also signed up for promotion and should be charge next month same price. They are charging me full price.

I created a free account. There was nothing stating that you can not have any type of contact with other members, send or receive messages as well as not being able to see who is sending messages and flirts. Within the first 2 weeks my notifications indicated I had over 130 messages and even more flirts. 3 separate times I wrote on my profile that I could not respond to my messages because I was not a paid member and that I would consider it in the near future. OurTime kept deleting the statement. That should have been my first warning. I went ahead and subscribed for 1 month with automatic renewal. The number of interests declined dramatically, and my matches were not within the ages and ethnicity I selected. The few I responded to all replied back with a phone number or personal email to contact them, so I'm assuming they were scams.

A week before my paid month was up I stopped the auto renewal. I then added to my profile summary that my membership was over in a week, and if "Mr Right" was there to hurry and contact me. I started getting a lot of interests again but without profile photos. I happened to go look at my profile, even though I still had a full week of paid subscription. Ourtime completely deleted the About Me summary, every single word I wrote. I didn't want it blank, so I wrote one sentence saying I will only be a member for 1 more week. That evening I looked again. Deleted again! The "interests" were swamping my email, so I know they are fake. With still 2 days of membership left, today I decided to go ahead and delete my account. It will be interesting to see what happens from this point. Will never join Ourtime again.

I had not been on the site for approximately months. Before, I went off the site, I deleted all flirts. When I checked 6 months later, I was advised I had 71 messages. Yet, when I reviewed there were at least 3 flirts from the same person as well as old flirts that I previously deleted. Obviously this was to entice me into signing up again. I also viewed a profile and received an alert that the person saved me as a favorite. The person was supposedly online and available to chat. I sent a message with no response. I sent a regular message and still no response. Clearly this was a fake profile. The person had all the attributes that I indicated I was looking for in my profile. The person even lived in the same town. Well the men in my town would hardly date interracially so this was the first red flag. This site will not get any more money from me.

Being a widower who is planning on retiring in six months, the thought of finding a friend, companion to enjoy my retirement with, I joined OurTime with the hope of finding someone special. Within the first week I received many "flirts, profile likes, photo likes, favorites." Many of these were from women (?) who were 20 - 30 years younger and thousands of miles away. I did contact a woman (?) that was age and distance comfortable with. After a few emails back and forth, it became obvious the information this woman (?) was not matching up with her (?) profile information. I "played along" for a few more emails and everything that was shared with me became more obvious that it made me disgusted, lied to and totally taking advantage of when I had stupidly had paid for a six month subscription. ($77)

SAVE your money and don't fall for this SCAM!!!

As soon as I cancelled my subscription, I immediately started to receive an unbelievable number of views, flirts, and messages (over 30 views the day after I cancelled, and at least 20+ every day thereafter). In the 2 years I had been a member, I had never received this high a volume. These were automatically generated responses, and about 90% had no pictures in their profiles. It is hard to believe that this kind of behavior from a company is even legal... Unbelievable.

I wanted a 1-month subscription to OurTime date site, but accidentally clicked on the 6-month subscription at 5:00 pm on June 21, 2017. I tried immediately calling customer service, but lo and behold they close at 5:00 pm, central standard time. Um, no 24-hour customer service?? Ridiculous... I sent an e-mail to customer service and was told "Thank you for your email. I understand that you currently do not want to take advantage of our six month membership. Please keep in mind this package offers a great discount when compared to the monthly rate. Per our Terms and Conditions, we have a No Refund policy on all accounts. However, as a courtesy, I can offer you a partial refund for all but one month worth of service. Would you like me to process this refund of $50.86 for you? Please reply to this email so I may address your concern in a timely manner. I look forward to your reply."

I answered the e-mail saying I appreciated the refund, and to process it asap. Okay -- nice of them to at least give me a refund. However, I go to get online to check e-mails a few hours later... I can't check because I have no subscription!! So frustrating. All of us are paying a good penny for these date sites, and they're not delivering.

I was a member of this site for 6 days before I got hacked! Do not accept email requests from so-called members. I received scanned letters from supposed interested men and then they used my information to hack my account. They also set me up on a couple of additional sites and charged me for them. They do not list their phone number on these sites and when you do get a hold of them they apologize. I finally got them to take down my site but would give no refund. Don't give these people your money - everyone on the site is a scam!

I cannot think of a single positive remark to make about this company. The "today's matches" which are sent are useless. For example, I am a non-smoker. I refuse to consider any potential match who smokes. This is a very basic, binary criteria. My matches come up repeatedly including smokers. I have contacted customer support after reviewing the FAQs. The response I received was a copy and paste of what was posted in the FAQs. I was advised that I should expand my criteria for more and better matches. Why? I was also told the feature of "today's matches" will provide better matches as I continue to rate the ones I am sent. Unfortunately after six months they are no better. I am completely dissatisfied. I'm sorry I spent the money. I feel sorry for anyone else who has spent money for their "services" as they aren't providing any.

It seems this website is profiting off advertisement and not delivering what they say. The website states people are online to chat, but once you go and start chatting, it shows the person offline, when the other page shows that same person online. They say woman are available to chat, when in fact they can't communicate via chat unless they are members. They don't advertise that part on their website. Furthermore, they are piggybacking off other dating sites for their information and profiles. Every time you click on any part of their web page it is switching to another page, thus creating more revenue from their advertisers. I probably can guess they generate all their revenue from advertising on their website. They are misleading the consumer into thinking they are actually going to meet someone, their profits are mostly based on advertisement alone. I would like to see their margins of advertisement vs members services. WHAT A SHAM!

I have been subscribed for 3 days, and already I am marking it as junk mail. Occasionally a nice real person comes up, but there are many fake messages, outright scams, repeated useless e-mails, and many people outside of my area. Pretty useless. Best to use eHarmony or Match.com.

OurTime uses models to lure men in. I had a subscription with OurTime that I hardly ever use because there are no one of interest. One day I had 4 alerts on my email that someone is interested in me, so I clicked on the message and it took me into their site and showed me this beautiful lady. I was like wow she is beautiful so I responded and with that she was gone from the site and my subscription was renewed. It's a scam that Match.com use as well. Men and women stay away from these sites. They are using models and spyware to steal our hard earned money and don't care about us. That was the last $29.95 at that time and they left my account in the negative. They don't care so please don't use their sites. If you take some time and read these reviews you will see similar things have happened to others all over, let our money be the last ones that they steal. Don't use OurTime!

I signed up for the non-renewable one month service with this dating site. After a while it was clear that profiles were looking the same and they were not real. Made one contact that answered and it was some guy that just thought it was a site like Tinder. Just wanted a booty call. Other than that one connection the rest were fake and it was a huge waste of money.

I signed up for only one month but they charged me for 6 months. I canceled the same day but they refuse to refund my money. When I went to their website to look up their refund policy it says that page is unavailable.

I signed on as a paying member (Paying 2 months in advance), thinking that by making a financial investment vs being a non-paying customer, it would make for a more positive experience... especially in the event I might need support from the service reps on the site. I could not have been any more wrong... Customer "Non-service" is what it should be called. I paid for a 2-month membership. The site itself is not the most user-friendly, but I hung in there, figuring I would get more familiar & comfortable with it... and that things would get better. I did become more familiar with it before too long.

I will spare you the details of the initial challenges I had communicating with their "No service department" and go to the final deal-breaker for me. There were many up to that point, and I could hardly ever reach a live person to help me. Anytime I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told that was not possible... Really??? By the way, I NEVER provided my personal email address or phone number to anyone I communicated with - EVER! At most, I provided my first name ONLY, and that was even only to a few men. One evening, with no advance warning from the company, I attempted to log in several times... With no success. It was if my profile had just disappeared. I called their number and found out that their customer service is not available after 7 pm. You cannot leave a message - You just have to keep calling. I also sent an email. It took several days to get a reply.

When I was finally able to reach someone (Never a return call from them, I just had to keep calling), I asked them why my account was unavailable. Could get no answer, other than that they had decided to remove it. I asked them why, and they refused to tell me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that was not an option. After calling back several times & trying repeatedly to reach a caring representative, I was told that someone had hacked into my profile and that was why it was removed. As I said before, no one felt it was necessary to inform me of that. They just removed the profile with no notice or explanation.

After numerous calls by ME (They never gave me the courtesy of a return call), I found ONE semi-caring representative (I was in tears by the time I spoke with him). He basically told me it was MY fault that my account was hacked and that it couldn't have been hacked unless someone had my personal email and login information. Well, I live alone, and I am the only one that uses my laptop - I told him NO ONE had access to either of those things. For all intents and purposes, they basically called me a liar... It was MY fault I got hacked. Besides the poor customer service I received at each and every turn, and after I was told my account had been terminated. Just a few days ago, I received yet another message from one of their members. When I forwarded them to the service department, I received a response assuring me that my profile was no longer visible and that it's not visible to any members on the site.

I attempted to subscribe for 6 months, before I could get out of the page an additional subscription of 3.99 a month was added to my account. I was not able to cancel as fraud because I initiated the first transaction. However, very shortly thereafter I received a text from my bank that someone was attempting to fraudulently use my card. I canceled the card and had to spend the time to change all my auto-bills with merchants. I just opened my statement and there is another huge fraudulent charge on my account prior to me canceling my card.

I had signed up with OurTime in 2013, and then I got a job in Tokyo, Japan. I still tried to use the site, but my profile was mysteriously taken down because OurTime said they suspected it to be a fraudulent profile. When I returned to the States in October 2016, I set up a new profile, careful to decline auto renewal, and chose the 1 month membership option. When I stated in my profile that in the past I had not had as much as 1 connection on OurTime and not much luck in meeting females on OurTime that I was interested in, even though they had expressed interest in me first, my profile was deleted by OurTime. I also realized that if OurTime noticed that you had not logged in for a while, your inbox would be full of 'profile views', 'favorites', 'messages', etc.

Once you responded to any of them, you would NEVER get a response back. I too started suspecting that OurTime was manipulating the site and sending bogus interest notifications. The same would happen when the 1 month membership expired and I did not renew. All of a sudden I would have dozens of women 'interested' in me, but not one would respond when I showed interest back. Hmmm... Anyway, the straw that broke the camel's back was when in March, I renewed my 1 month membership, and elected to decline auto renewal, like I normally do. Only to discover that in April, my credit card was automatically billed!!! Livid, I contacted OurTime at (866)727-8920 (a number that OurTime does it's best not to disclose to its members), and the customer service rep let me know that it was an error, and I would be refunded.

Having no faith in OurTime or what the customer service rep said, when I got off the phone, I immediately deleted my profile and contacted my bank to dispute the charges and block all future attempts by OurTime to charge my card. Wouldn't you know it? My bank told me it was a good thing I called, because OurTime had set up monthly recurring charges to be debited from my card every month, even though I selected only 1 month membership at a time, with no auto renewal. Bottomline, OurTime is a SCAM that is only interested in finding crooked ways to charge your card. The profiles are NOT real, and all those 'views', 'favorites', 'messages' are all manipulated by OurTime staff. Beware!!!!

This is not the site (OurTime.com) if you're wanting to find companionship or a romantic relationship. This is a Romantic Scam website. I wasn't on the site very long. Why? Most of the men on this site are vulgar. Messaging me their vulgar sexual fantasies. Less than 2 months on this site was enough for me, unfortunately I did not cancel or omit my credit card from my account and the automatic rollover took place. I immediately call my bank on the same day it was withdrawn and was still charged for the worst dating website (OURTIME.COM) for another year of subscription. That I will not be using. PEOPLE... do yourself a favor DO NOT use this website.

This is a scam. Don't waste your money. Profiles are fake. If you do not auto renew you will be flooded with views but look closely, they are simply profiles you've seen before and you may have rejected these individuals in person. Now with your not renewing these same rejected profiles are interested in you again. Fraud--Scam. Once they have credit card info it is nearly impossible to cancel. Had to cancel card and work with credit card company to block them. I believe many of the profiles are fake and most of the matches they send you are the wrong age and live several states away. Beware this is a terrible site and should be closed down. Write to the authorities as this site is horrible and is "stealing" money from people.

Beware! So many things wrong with this company. First, they fabricate a large percentage of so-called "profiles". If you read people's thoughts about themselves, their entire stories are identical, right down to the grammar and punctuation errors. Five identical words by two different people is assumed to be plagiarism. Here we have dozens of people all choosing identical entire paragraphs. Statistically impossible.

When you turn off "auto-renew your subscription", suddenly you will be flooded with dozens of new people, all with the very same stories. As soon as subscription runs out, you will receive daily notifications that people are trying to contact you, but the only way to find who out is to re-up. When you re-subscribe, the messages are the same fake profiles and then suddenly they stop. There are some real people on this site, but you will never know if you are talking with one, or just some frat boy intern in Dallas manipulating people. What a horrible company to prey on people who are often emotionally vulnerable already. Scum.

I joined OurTime.com and uploaded my photo with full description. I paid using PayPal. Being a wary customer, I copied photos of the 5 men I was interested in. They were supposedly local to me (Blacksburg, Virginia). I used Google Photo Search and came up with completely different identities for these men. They were as follows: an architect living in OK (same photo as is on his website), a politician in VA (married and never lived in Daleville where OurTime.com had him living), an army enlisted officer living in PA (this one was listed as a medical doctor, living in Roanoke, VA), an unidentifiable person sitting in his car, a married guy living in Alaska (also listed as having a doctorate, but his true identity said he was a tax preparer).

There were also several suspicious attempts to contact me. One was a very generic plea to find Ms. Right. I did a search on his photo too, and he seemed to be an imposter as well. He was listed as living in TX, but my online search showed the person in the pic to be living in OR. Really strange stuff. After all this searching, I decided I really didn't want to belong to the scam site, so I requested a refund. I was told I could not get one. It took 48 hours for customer service to contact me with this information. I then stopped future payments via PayPal, so they could not charge me for additional months.

After this, I figured I would go back on the site to observe a little more. When I attempted to log in, I could not. I tried password renewals and nothing helped. At this time, I have been emailing back and forth with a Customer Service Rep, and she has tried many things to get me logged in. Still nothing. I am fairly certain that they are trying to wear me down so that I won't search their fake site anymore. Bad news for them. I have a PHD in Psychology, and I love doing this sort of detective work. If I ever get back in there, I will definitely pull down a lot more pics and check them out. I have a new research question now, "What percentage of men on OurTime.com are actually real people." It will be fascinating to discover the results!

I have met some really nice gentlemen and have made many friends, but none have been a "match". I am not that fussy and am not looking for money, but it seems that the men who really interest me do not even respond to my flirts. I am 66 years old and am willing to date a couple years younger or up to 8 years older. I get many men in 50's and many in late 70's but very few in my age group. Those in my age group are either very unhealthy or very overweight. I am in good physical shape and want the same. It really seems like Tucson and surrounding area has no men for me. I am willing to travel to meet someone, but my disappointment at meeting out of town men has discouraged me from traveling too far anymore. Is my age group that difficult to match? I do wish there was more help available to help those of us looking for our last love.

I have been a member of OurTime several times over the last five years and have not even had a hint of success. The people on the site are rude, unresponsive and the site itself is poorly designed and operates very slowly. The fees OurTime charges are exorbitant and they look to get additional money from members by offering tokens to send gifts to other members. This dating site is way overrated and a waste of time and money. I will never visit it again and I do not recommend it.

I have been on this site for about 44 days off and on. 1st and foremost, this website is a hotspot for scammers, which I delete and report daily with absolutely no response from those running this site, which tells me that this whole thing is pretty much on autopilot?? Secondly, website is rigged with all kinds of traps & tricks to squeeze more money out of poor participating saps. Everything you click on is followed up by some request to charge your card and it is hard to turn off auto renewal without having to go through an ordeal, which means that this website is all about the money - not the people? Thus, I probably will NOT be renewing another 30 days.

Another issue is that many tools ie username search, customized texting, and picture attachments are non-existent? Customer support is also on autopilot. If you want help with anything, you get these automated responses from Minerva, their server, who will give you every automated excuse under the sun. I gave it 2 stars simply because they seem to host a large audience that do participate at this online ritual & do respond.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

OurTime is the largest dating site created specifically for the baby boomer market.

• 50+: Unlike most dating sites which are aimed at the 18-35 year old market, OurTime puts 100% of its focus on the 50+ baby boomer market of singles, many of whom are re-entering the dating world after a divorce or the loss of a spouse.
  • Simplified dating experience: In contrast to many other dating sites which offer a plethora of unnecessary options, OurTime keeps their interface and searches simple so that they can be used efficiently and with little to no hassle.
  • Paid self promotion: For a small fee, OurTime allows you to bump your profile up so it appears near the top of the search rankings. This helps make your profile more visible to prospective matches.
  • Best for Singles over 50 years of age who are seeking friendship, short-term or long-term relationships.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services