Find an Online Dating Sites partner

OurTime

3.7/5 (204 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Top OurTime.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to ...

Verified

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My expe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
  • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
  • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
Is OurTime free?
Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
How much is OurTime per month?
Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
Who owns OurTime dating service?
OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: July 30, 2021

I have been on and off this site and now when my membership expires I am gone for good. I am a woman who dates younger men, but younger for me falls within Our Times' criteria. I listed the age group I wanted matches from and what I got were matches that were often several years older than me. Not interested. When I complained, they told me that they were giving me "the matches that were available". What they are doing instead is throwing me into an algorithm that has nothing to do with what I was looking for. When men I weren't interested in insulted me, Our Time did nothing. Also, someone was stalking me and they did nothing about it until he violated some other rule. Stay away from the site, it's a rip off and not worth it. I never had any dates, or correspondence from anyone on this site. Unless you are a woman who wants to date someone 15 years older than she is you will be out of luck.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I initially replied to a number of men who wanted to meet & asked them follow up questions. They never replied & I later checked to see they never opened my replies. I was able to chat with one man online & he said he never received my replies. The last straw was reaching out to a man whose profile said he had a master's & was an educator. I decided to pay the extra smaller amount they want you to pay to ensure the reader can reply. I then sent a follow up text asking if he had received my earlier text as many others had never replied to me. The immediate response wanted to know all about my negative experience, with no reply to my earlier text questions to him. I then asked more about his background & the responses weren’t even proper English- total scam! I believe the prior profiles were old ones they use to give the appearance of a “real” person- big waste of money & time- Do no trust this site- don’t lose your money!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2021

OurTime sends a daily list of people that you are matched with. However, when you click on them, it's not accurate. It will say the specs are matchable, and then when you click the profile, it can be EVERYTHING you specifically identified as a no way.

Original review: June 20, 2021

This company is the biggest RIPOFF on the Internet. It's nothing but a marketing scam!!!! DO NOT JOIN THIS SERVICE!!! UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF. This service gives you the same messages and likes over and over and DOES NOT follow your requests!!!!

Original review: June 13, 2021

What I have found on this site are typically married men who want a fling, or scammers who do not even live in the country who start asking for money. And if there are single men, they look like the Grinch but want to date a super model. Don't waste your time or money on this site. We really need a site where people are vetted and backgrounds are performed.

Original review: June 12, 2021

There is no thrill at all with this app. No one wants to talk, they just want to get your number right off the bat. Plenty of guys initiate conversation but most all for a date and want to know what to do, like just pick something! Most conversations don't end in a question to keep the conversation going...I guess that's just guys these days!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I paid for a 1 month and they had them same Woman RECOMMENDED to me every day for the whole month. NO NEW RECOMENDATIONS. Their subscribers must have been limited because I kept receiving the same Woman over and over every day.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Men in the 60-70 age group have very similar profiles. I.E; love laughter, love outdoors, will usually be 5'10', they don't put forth any effort in taking appealing photos (some photos are a little scary). The men who might be a little interesting to me (world travelers, interesting hobbies, etc.) don't respond back.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Lots of messages but all refuse to video chat. They Can not even use proper English. It's obvious that English is a second Language. Fake Fake Fake. Don't waste your money, it's a scam. College educated Professionals born in U S A and can not even speak proper English. Its hard to tell if they are freelance scammers or working for the site. One thing is for sure, they are not who they say they are if they won't show their Face. Don't waste your money.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I paid for a 6 month subscription. I was not happy with the matches. Not many near my home. Kept showing the same people even when I passed on them. Also didn't keep to the ages I specified. Would not recommend.

OurTime.com Company Information