Find an Online Dating Sites partner

OurTime

3.2/5 (199 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Top OurTime.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recommend the site. They have proper security in place, and as users we must be mindful of our information we provide on profile as well as reporting any suspicious behavior to ...

Verified

I went out on a lot of dates with this site. Everyone was nice and polite for the most part… I didn't meet my true love on a dating site but I was only on it for 6 months. My expe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is OurTime?

OurTime is an online dating app designed for singles over the age of 50. The app is simple to use and easy to understand. Features include liking individual profiles, sending messages to other singles and a “Discovery” feature to find other singles.

How does OurTime work?

To use OurTime, you must download the app (from the App Store or Google Play) and set up an account. You have the opportunity to customize a dating profile and match criteria. You can also update the profile and match settings at any time.

Once your account is activated, you can browse matches or find other singles using the “Discover” feed. The app also sends a personalized daily list of matches that meet your criteria. Simply tap the heart to indicate you’re interested in a person’s profile.

With a paid subscription, you can send messages to other members and see when your messages have been read. With the free version, you can reply to messages if the paid subscriber assumes the cost.

OurTime costs

OurTime dating site costs range from free to $89.99. Initial access to premium features costs $37.99. In most states, discounted rates are available for long-term subscriptions:

• One-month premium subscription: $29.99
  • Three-month premium subscription: $69.99
  • Six-month subscription: $89.99

OurTime FAQ

What does the red dot mean on OurTime?
The red dot indicates that you are offline and not available to take messages. If you’d like to change this setting, click the red dot and you will be back online.
What does the green dot mean on OurTime?
The green dot means that you are online and able to receive messages. If you would like to go offline and not answer messages, hit the green dot once.
Is OurTime free?
Yes, you can download OurTime for free. However, most of the best features are considered premium and require you to pay. You can purchase an upgrade without a subscription but at a higher price. If you’d like to upgrade your membership for more features, you must pay an additional monthly fee.
How much is OurTime per month?
Depending on the subscription plan you choose, expect to pay between $15 and $30 per month for OurTime premium features. For example, you have the option to purchase one month of premium features for $29.99, or you can purchase six months of premium features for $89.99.
Who owns OurTime dating service?
OurTime is currently owned by People Media. The same company owns several other dating websites, including Match.com, BlackPeopleMeet.com and SingleParentMeet.com.

Is OurTime a good dating site?

OurTime is good — for those who get matches. Some reviewers complain about possible scammers, but that happens with almost every dating site. OurTime dating services are ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. The app lets users join for free, but many of the most desirable features are only available with paid subscriptions, which can get pricey. To learn more, read OurTime dating site reviews below.

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I was trying to get a refund after trying and looking for a day but no answer. I finally got a hold of someone who told me I have to ask Apple for the refund. I wanted to cancel because the clients they have are not the features I was looking for. I don’t want to insult but this is a site to distance yourself.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

This site claims to be a safe place to meet singles over the age of 50. I have been a member for over a year and I have many more bad experiences than good. It does no good to select a geographic area of interest for dating. I live in Arizona and get profiles from Florida, North Carolina, Minnesota, the Dakotas, and even Massachusetts to name but a few. I have also had several single mothers in their early 30s post photos of older ladies, possibly their mothers, and claim to be in their 60s. I have had at least 6 scam attempts from people who claim to be widows and who give false names and contact information. The most recent was two days ago.

Sadly, I now view every “Like” as a potential scam and every message as a probable lie. The site is owned by People.com who also own several more senior dating sites and another popular dating site that I have also received scam correspondence from. There is a serious lack of security and quality control on Our Time. And of course they also try to sway your decisions with virtual flowers and gifts. I prefer to actually give real, material gifts to a lady who I am interested. Their Customer Care staff is laughable. When I called to report a scam I was told to let them know if it happened again. I can’t be the only one that has experienced these issues. I will not renew my membership. I can not, in good faith, recommend Our Time to anyone of any gender.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

So many flaws, I don't know where to begin. It's expensive and once you become a Member they are constantly trying to upsell you. Be careful of their "auto-renewal." You should opt out immediately. And SURPRISE, when you do opt out the membership rate drops to 50% off. Small universe of Members, most are far away. The number of "likes" and "messages" shown on my laptop version versus my phone app never match... Very sketchy. When you do "like" a profile the system automatically e-mails the member, I hate that! If I want to message them, I'll do it myself.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I implore anyone contemplating using this site that you DO NOT. Terrible waste of money, it's such a poorly run site. One of the worst I was ever on. So many fake profiles, many profiles with no photos. Most matches are too far away, ignores your criteria. Just a bad experience. DO NOT JOIN THIS SITE.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I got on OurTime hoping to find someone to have coffee with. Signed up in Nov. 2021, and things were working fine, although I never found anyone even close to what I was looking for. Then in Dec. 2021, their IT team did an update, and now I can't access my account. I have called customer service THREE TIMES, asking them to unlock my account. All they say is they will put in a ticket to report the problem. I am paid through April 2022, but have a feeling I have lost my money. This site is the biggest ripoff of any I have ever been on. So since I can't access my account, it's a pretty fair bet they will change my subscription status so they can charge me for another six months come April. Time to call my credit card company and block them from charging me anymore. Absolutely worthless!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

My neighbor was a VICTIM from a married man dating Senior Widows purposely to get title of their property and bank accounts! He was married to 2 other woman and bought an engagement ring to prove his supposed Love. I reported him to company warning them to Remove this dangerous man and was told to go on my profile and block him!!! They could care less! Watch out ladies.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

You cannot filter your searches. Most people who you see their profiles live in other states. You see profiles, repeatedly, after you pass on them. Many people don't use profile pics. Plus, I am looking for opposite sex profiles, but also get same-sex profiles! Their customer support is of no help, & they refuse to give me a refund. This website is a waste of money!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I sign out, next day cannot log in, a lot of phishing people messaging you. Stay away from this app. It's a waste of money, less than 24 hours cannot log in, try to cancel and no one to find. This is the worst online app I ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Very disappointed with what I paid for. Way too many pop-ups trying to get you to upgrade with addons. Difficult, maybe impossible to distinguish paid members who can reply to a message from free members who cannot. Way too many likes and messages from people living 100's even 1000's of miles away. Have been instantly blocked by too many members after only mentioning fake profiles or catfishing.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

Numerous emails daily, same people over and over again. I can understand going out of age range but I am pretty strict about gender. Also got renewed today, a heads-up about that would have been nice since I had intended to end my membership. That's 120 dollars down the drain.

OurTime.com Company Information