Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.7/5 (1609 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 19, 2021

I was a widow and joined Match in 2009. I exchanged chit chat with a few people and made arrangements to meet one person at the Elks for a beer. He was a no show and his reason was - after he re-read my profile he realized I was a Taurus and he felt our signs clashed. I'm glad he was a no show because that kind of thinking is too weird for me. The second person I met lived 2 hours away and we both decided it was too far to meet in the middle. The third person was a winner. We met in a public place the first time and dated for over a year. We've been living together since 2010 and have built a home together. I love telling people I met him on Match. There are relationships that are made in Heaven or on Match.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The site is well organized and kept up to date with plenty of information. What I find is that pictures being posted by participants are not what they look like today. It would help if the site would state, "photo posting public must be no more than 3 years old".

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

This site requires more money for additional features. I don't think I should have to pay that much for additional features. It's difficult to maneuver the website and there's one feature that is not helpful. If I don't choose a match, I have to keep moving, it's not a maybe and that should be changed.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Following my divorce after 17 years of marriage, I was hesitant to try any type of site for dating, particularly worried for my privacy and safety. But utilizing Match.com I've been able to meet quality people, despite not yet meeting my long-term partner yet. The dating site is simple and easy to navigate, giving me the ample amount of information and insight to the persons I'm interested in meeting or speaking to. It gives me a few way to send flirts and list secret crushes, which is somewhat fun! :)

Original review: June 12, 2021

I really enjoyed being on this app. I did not find my current partner on this site but I met a few interesting people who I am still friends with to this day. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone looking to find a partner or even a friend.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I've been on and off Match for about 6 years. I have met a lot of men and remained friends with several. But here's my issue. I receive emails to rejoin claiming I have 'likes' or messages when I don't. I've also received 'likes' and 'messages' when I'm active and when I reply to them their profile suddenly disappears. I've also had people show up in my matches in my area that are new and look amazing....I'll 'like' them and yet they don't show up in my 'likes' and basically disappear.

When I complain, Match responds by explaining that people can hide their profiles.

I totally understand how it works, but the odds of that happening, someone messaging or liking you, etc. and within an hour hiding their profile is pretty unlikely. I'm quite certain they plant profiles to keep people on board. I finally called with this complaint. They didn't even argue, they refunded my recent membership payment. I can't say I won't go back because there aren't many options- but they engage in some fraudulent advertising.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Hands down, and with the exception of the scam-riddled Elite Singles, this is the worst dating site I've encountered. Match.com is ineptly designed, clunky to use and often maddening just to access. The vaunted algorithm they employ to find you a supposedly perfect Match is in fact so lacking in nuance and discernment that it would consistently fail to pair Romeo with Juliet, or Cleopatra with Mark Antony.

It's bad enough that most of the clients lie about their age - that goes on at all dating sites. But Match made this worse by consistently sending me prospects who were 5-7 years older than the range I'd specified. And to create the impression that their dating pool is much larger than it actually is, they continued to send me "new" lists of women I'd looked at and rejected (or at least not selected) over and over again. Match.com does not let you keep track of women you've sent messages to unless they respond -- a functional limitation that can cause you embarrassment if you've forgotten you reached out earlier to certain women. Match.com sends out a daily email with all of your "new” choices, but often when you click on a picture, the display pops up another woman.

To make things worse, although you can reach a human support person on the phone, he or she is unable to deal with many recurring problems -- site access, for one. Match.com's log-in verification process is so time-consuming that it would not exaggerate to characterize it as abusive. Oh yes! Consider this: A verification process they have been using for at least six months shows eight panels with five or six dice in each; you have to pick the panel in which all the dice add up to 14. In many case the numbers/spots on some of the cubes are very difficult to read. But here's the thing: You must get TEN of these tests correct in order to move onto the next step: a two-step phone-text verification. Still worse is that if you have not gotten, say, test #4 or #7 correct, they do not flag this until you've completed all ten panels (in perhaps 3-4 minutes if your eyes and your arithmetic are pretty good).

At that point, if you've missed on any of the tests, you get the cute message "That's not quite correct!" and you have to start all over again. I complained about this, and the support person conceded it was an extremely annoying feature. He said he would report it to his superiors, but that was two months ago and nothing has changed.

Let's talk about those 'superiors' for a moment. If you have a real gripe with Match.com, there is NO way the company will allow you to communicate with anyone other than their feeble front-line phone support. They offer a 'Contact Us' email link, but don't waste your time with this, because it is fake. Click on ‘Contact us” and it brings up an error message that says you need to fix your Safari browser to communicate by email. Great, except that I was using a Firefox browser. I reported this problem when I first subscribed, but six months later the same error message was still popping up. Call support and they pretend you are the first problem to have reported this problem.

Like I said, they will not communicate with any client/customer/dupe via email. The best they will do is send a canned message, in my case with the name of one “Raul H” at bottom. Raul, if he exists, is apparently out to lunch, since his canned responses will ignore whatever you've written in your email. Tell them you caught a computer virus clicking on a spoofed Match.com promotion, and "Raul" will return a 6000-word explanation of their privacy and vaccine policies.

Some of Match.com’s practices verge on fraud. For instance, visibility "Boosts" for your profile are an upgrade you pay for. But unless you are very careful, you will accidentally trigger, and inadvertently use up, your boosts with errant key strokes. Also, they send out a special half-price extension offer when your subscription is nearing renewal. Click on it to see the details of the offer and, lo, you will discover that you've just approved -- and paid for – the renewal. This is very misleading -- but again, don't expect to get past phone support if you want to complain about it. Support may offer a refund, but the company apparently will do nothing to correct its shoddy ways.

Match claims to be the biggest dating service, but it's hard to believe that with so many customers, they would continue such practices and offer a web interface that behaves like it was coded by a seventh grader. They are awful in oh-so-many ways, and you would do well to avoid them. Read some of the other negative reviews posted here for a more complete catalogue of Match's many negatives, including holding onto your credit card information so that they can 're-enroll' and charge you months after you've left the service. Bottom line: a big thumbs down for Match.com.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I pay a lot of money for this app, and several times a day, I can't get into the mobile app, even with the correct password. When I write to the support service, I always get the same answer to reset my password. I must have done this ten times now. For all the money, an inferior app.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

This pos company matches me with my dream woman, So I close my account, REPEATEDLY! Still keeps popping open. Get a call from my dream girl who tells me I'm a liar and cheater and I'm still on Match. They are so sued!!! They ruined my life and took everything from me. So think of that before you use this pos company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Didn't follow my preferences. Lost info on men I was interested in. 90% of the time they showed me derelicts. Three profiles I communicated with were removed. Such a waste of time and money. My advice, it's better and safer to be alone.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information