Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,403 ratings submitted in the last year

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Match.com is the "lesser of the evils." I HATE eHarmony (very few potential candidates and so many that are not fully registered, just see "profile image"). OurTime is awful - they "claim" they have a higher caliber of men but they are the bottom of the ocean and they are terrible about meeting my "filter criteria." Bumble is TERRIBLE at meeting my "search criteria" and even as a paying customer there are very few ways to actually connect, plus it's too limited in the ability to "write about yourself." Match has the most flexibility to write about yourself, the most pics to upload, more extensive "search criteria" BUT the men they "recommend" all too often are NOWHERE NEAR meeting my search criteria. It has one of the better ways to communicate with matches

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wish they would allow a box to check regarding my preference for men without beards! Most of the men Match suggest for me (about 60% have beards)! Other than that I appreciate that members can share a lot about themselves and what matters most to them in their bios. I don't expect for all the pictures to be current, and it is helpful to see how their lives may have changed over time, however, it is helpful to have at least one current photo within the last year.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Match.com is one of the better sites because they allow you to select who you want to meet. NEVER use a service like eHarmony where THEY select your matches and do it quite poorly despite their ads claiming how great they are. All sites have inactive members who will never respond to you but Match gave me a better response rate than some other sites. It costs more than some other sites for full features, but you get what you pay for. During COVID-19 dating sites have lost their luster but when things return to normal it should be good again.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would definitely recommend Match.com. I always felt say compared to other dating sites. My matches were set to my preferences which was easy to navigate and overall it was a comfortable site to use and in late March 2017 I met who would end up becoming my husband. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is late this year. He is a very smart, caring and intelligent man. Good to my son from previous relationship and we now have a beautiful 16 month old daughter. I thank God and Match.com for the perfect connection.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently posted a statement on Match.com pissed. I was not happy with the website and did not understand how it worked. I was under the impression that Match was blocking everyone I was messaging. I was wrong and I truly apologize for my impatience. I want everyone to know that I have met the most incredible man that any woman would love to meet. Just thinking about him makes my heart smile. I never would have thought that you could find such an amazing person on a website. I should have joined years ago. Instead I wasted so much time dating frogs. I encourage all of you lonely hearts out there who are looking for love to join Match.com, and you will find a love that you thought never would exist. Everyone wants to experience GOOD love... Join Match.com, love is waiting.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

As my family and I were watching Hulu, the most disgusting commercial came on from Match and completely terrified my 5 and 6 year old children! I am extremely disappointed in match for even advertising something so horrific! Really satan with a match?! I have recommended match time after time...NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Match terminated my account for NO VALID REASON. They refuse to refund me the $129.99 I paid for 6 months and only used it for 3 months because they sent me an email saying they decided to terminate my account as if I'm some kind of Nigerian scam or prostitute. Buyer beware. The WORST dating website.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Today, I saw a commercial on national television representing Match.com - I was so disgusted. Depicting Satan as a date of a young women and looking at a lake of fire and brimstone, as if it was a romantic scene…was sickening. How dare you!! Why would you have such symbolism when there are so many families suffering from COVID, death, financial hardships, and possibly a bleak future? Why would you choose Satan (WHICH GIVES NO HOPE) as the future and ruler of 2021? What kind of company does that? I am rebuking any evil or revenue that comes from this advertising for it is pure evil. TAKE IT DOWN! I believe I have my own answer; it reflects the sadistic hearts of all the people evolved in the production of this evil illustration of match.com.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Match.com is part of Scout24 Germany which uses numerous fake women profiles to attract fools, in fact they use Scout24 fake profiles into Match.com -Those who chose to register Match.Com after being deceived with many "likes " before premium membership will be blocked by those profiles once you chose to respond their messages. The whole is a scam empire led by an elderly German man and French woman located in Munich. I caught them early enough, fearing legal action they refunded me the membership fees.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

There is no activity. It's not worth a dime. I had my second date yesterday via Seek4Her - it was like a gift for Thanksgiving. We felt that special chemistry. So there are sites and apps which work, but Match isn't one of them. I recommend to stop wasting your time on it. I think Match is nearing its end. They are desperate in their efforts to milk customers for money instead of actually working on their site and improving it by attracting real people. They are quite nefarious in their methods for getting your money.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information