3.04/5
Based on 1,372 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Match.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Match.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The matches were very good. It is extremely hard to find good singles in South Florida. I never viewed any of my matches as a bad match or a waste of time. Each date was a good experience for me and taught me more about want I really needed in a partner each time. I would recommend Match.com to anyone. Bottom line, I am now married to my last match.com match!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I met my wife online and have been happily married over 10 years. The only thing that the other half has the ability to hide is their age. My wife put her age in there as 3 years older than I was but she was actually 9 years older. She told me a few months later but I told her it didn't matter. I married a cougar ha ha!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Recently signed up for a Black Friday 50% off special. What I didn't know was that I got a limited, inferior version of their usual membership. I can't choose anything but location, I get maybe 4 or 5 men a day to choose from, I cant search user name among other lesser choices I don't have and when I called Match to ask for a change or refund I was put on hold for over a half hour twice and they never answered. They deceived me into thinking this was like a normal membership. No way to resolve this since there is no way to contact them. Just know this if you're going to sign up that they are not interested in doing the right thing.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Match is a big useless site.When I created the profile with photos then all of a sudden I got 7 quick messages. After taking subscription came to know that all messages are from bots. Don't trust MATCH.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

First they sign you up for 6 months at a low price. Then you forget to cancel on time (which they’re counting on) and they charge you over a hundred dollars. There’s no refunds even if you cancel your subscription the next day. It felt like there were a lot of fake profiles created by match.com to keep you interested. It also seems like a lot of weirdos and scammers are on this site. Very sad I wasted my time and money on this.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

To start off with, Match uses ladies that are no longer on there to get men to join. Once you join you find that a lot of the women's profiles are either fake or hacked. The women will not reply back to you. I just got off of it. They got me for 145.00. I met one woman and she was a loon. She used 3 alias names and one name she had something going on in court. I talked with one woman and we were doing good, then one day she was gone. Nothing. And on your likes these younger and sometimes older women would like you. Then you would try to delete them cause they were hackers, and in the likes you can X them and they would be gone. But several of those profiles I had didn't have an X and you couldn't delete them. Those are the hackers that is watching what you do and who you are talking to.

Some women wouldn't even acknowledge you by sending a reply back. I've been on Match 3 times and every time it was the same thing. So I'm NEVER getting on there anymore. Or any dating site for that matter. Seniors Meet, Our Time and the other senior sites are all the same. I was on Seniors Meet and those younger women was bothering me and I complained and some hacker went in and changed the wording on my profile. Called me a Nerd and the whole nine yards.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have been a subscribing member of Match.com off and on over the last ten years. In the very beginning l enjoyed using the site. I got many responses and was able to meet a number of nice ladies. The last few years this has changed. Now I get very few if any responses from ladies and have no prospects for dates or meetings. I have been trying to figure out why this change has happened. The current theory I have is that now I am older and perhaps older women are more cautious about dating. Not only that but they seem not even interested in meeting someone new. I think these older women are less open and more selective on responding to message communications. It is very disappointing to say the least.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information