3.12/5
Based on 1,369 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Match.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Match.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The matches were very good. It is extremely hard to find good singles in South Florida. I never viewed any of my matches as a bad match or a waste of time. Each date was a good experience for me and taught me more about want I really needed in a partner each time. I would recommend Match.com to anyone. Bottom line, I am now married to my last match.com match!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I met my wife online and have been happily married over 10 years. The only thing that the other half has the ability to hide is their age. My wife put her age in there as 3 years older than I was but she was actually 9 years older. She told me a few months later but I told her it didn't matter. I married a cougar ha ha!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Match just started stopping me from logging in by diverting me to a page encouraging me to accept a dating coach...which I don't need...and another page I don't need. Stop this nonsense, Match! Not sure if there is an increased cost, but I can't get to my matches right now!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Asked for 50 mile radius and my profile was shared to all of North America and to men far outside my preferences. Match failed to actively push my profile to quality men locally but aggressively shared my profile ongoing to men far outside my preferences. Match denied this but I contacted the men 1500+ miles away and was told my profile was pushed to their feed. I learned my 50 mile limit was missing off my account and which Match denied however, a good friend had an identical experience. I did not feel like a client but instead used as bait. Blocking does not mean the inappropriate or stalker type men are blocked from seeing my profile. It means I will no longer see they are visiting my profile or able to view their messages. Frightening!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I was matched with a fake profile by the name of Cody. He stated that he is from LA but is working in Africa for a business trip. We communicated for about four weeks before he asked me for $7000 to cover some work related tasks. He was not able to do a video chat with me, that’s why when I started to suspect that he was a scammer artist. Warning to other users and a Match.com website, if anyone ask you for money. Don’t do it!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Although I did not wind up in a relationship as a result of using Match.com, nevertheless it was not due to any shortcomings associated with the site or its respectable cross-section of potential matches.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

The site contained few individuals in my age group or geographical district. You have to pay for 3 months membership before seeing any possible matching profiles. Despite repeated requests to discontinue my membership I continued to receive suggested possible matches.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information