Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.94/5
Based on 1,345 ratings submitted in the last year

Match.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The matches were very good. It is extremely hard to find good singles in South Florida. I never viewed any of my matches as a bad match or a waste of time. Each date was a good experience for me and taught me more about want I really needed in a partner each time. I would recommend Match.com to anyone. Bottom line, I am now married to my last match.com match!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I met my wife online and have been happily married over 10 years. The only thing that the other half has the ability to hide is their age. My wife put her age in there as 3 years older than I was but she was actually 9 years older. She told me a few months later but I told her it didn't matter. I married a cougar ha ha!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I paid 17.99 in January; which was a discount offer because I was declining their price. When they offered me this "price" I took it. I was told it was a one time deal and before the last day, I understood and unsubscribed then took my profile down and deactivated my account. Someone I met online (not in person) said when they tried to pull me up all traces of me were gone. So apparently they kept my credit card info and put my information back up. Then they tried to bill my credit card again but there was no money.

After my bank had blocked the company Match, I should hope they don't attempt anything again. Because even though I closed it again (when it was put back up) they are trying to get money off my card everyday! Even this morning, that's why I had to block them. This time tomorrow they will see it's useless to keep trying. I wish I had done my research and read all these negative reviews before I dealt with them. Also the number that they have listed to cancel; is actually NOT them; it's a company that works for them. They have the nerve to want to charge you money too. Once you cancel a subscription and deactivate your profile and your entire account, that should end all traces of your bank information.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Like others on here, I have same complaint. Paid for a 6 month membership, only to get wildly inappropriate matches, most of which the men looked like they were incarcerated. MATCH completely ignores your "Must haves" -- like education, body type, race, etc. Example: I checked "must have" for college degree/masters and continually got high school/some college. Even after "x-ing" their matches, the same men would be recycled back through days later. And you CAN NOT DO YOUR OWN SEARCH -- they feed you their daily allotment of mis-matches then shut you off till next day. And site freeloaders == they abound.

95% of the men I tried to contact are not paying members -- MATCH then has the audacity to ask for an extra $9.99 a month to enable these freeloaders - losers -- to contact you on your dime. No thanks. There is no actual BLOCKING either-- the creeps can still see your profile. They just can't message you. SO... When MATCH ignored my demands for my money back, I simply updated my profile summary to a rant about how bad MATCH was and put in some pretty crazy faux photos and personal details. Hopefully they will keep that profile up for perpetuity -- end result they refunded my money. DO NOT JOIN!!! You have been warned. SCAM and FRAUD.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Lots of fake and/or extremely old profiles that were no longer in use. The amount of other true users were few. Also, if you message someone who isn't a paying member, they can't write back! That was probably the worst part of all. To make things worse they allow people to post themselves in any category they want whether it's applicable or not. A ** woman posted as a ** woman? Match says that's OK. An Asian man posted as a ** woman? Yeah, you guessed it...Match is A-OK with that too! Why even bother with categories at all then? I was also locked out of my account and after a week they FINALLY told me they were NOT going to explain why and to review their Terms of Service. Really? It's so vague literally anything could be in violation. This utterly unacceptable and downright rude. Forcing people to pay $100 for a minimum of three months to find out in less than a single month the site sucks is theft!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I see others that have logged the same complaint. Number one. Match.com does not inform you that they intend to charge your credit card for a renewal. Regardless, ever since I disputed they're doing so and tried to cancel due to their response it was declined. I had no choice in the matter and continued supposedly with the subscription being told that I would have access to everything until April 2020. However, chronically and repeatedly they have blocked me from the web page after they took my funds, closed out my account and deny me access. I don't understand how they can get away with this as they have obviously done this to others as well. This webpage is a sham and their practices are deceitful.

I have not had one bit of a good experience. Has been discovered time and again that you are informed someone likes you and then you discovered that they never pushed that button. They block you repeatedly while they take your funding. If anyone on this page denounces them for these reasons, you better believe it. I think web providers should block them from doing business with the general public. I will be notifying my bank again, and demand a full refund for a complete waste of my time and nothing but frustration.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

After the first waste of time and money, I said never again! I'm an attractive 55 year old female and due to the nature of my job, don't get out to meet anyone. I (thought) I deleted all photos and summaries, etc. the first time I cancelled but amazingly when I joined the 2nd time, everything was still there! Red flag #1. Notice the dot next to the name. Green supposedly means they're on and active, yellow is within some hours, no dot is either cancelled and or who knows how old the profile is. Successful, attractive, good profile. Wondering WHY I get zero back and messages to the VERY FEW that are even remotely "okay". I noticed no dots to any I've "liked." Majority of "Recommended" (which ew. Really??!!) look like homeless bottom feeders. Between the first waste of time and money and the "maybe it's changed" second time, I'm out about $230. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Maybe it's entirely different if you're 30 or younger???

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information