Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.06/5
Based on 1,350 ratings submitted in the last year

Match.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The matches were very good. It is extremely hard to find good singles in South Florida. I never viewed any of my matches as a bad match or a waste of time. Each date was a good experience for me and taught me more about want I really needed in a partner each time. I would recommend Match.com to anyone. Bottom line, I am now married to my last match.com match!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I met my wife online and have been happily married over 10 years. The only thing that the other half has the ability to hide is their age. My wife put her age in there as 3 years older than I was but she was actually 9 years older. She told me a few months later but I told her it didn't matter. I married a cougar ha ha!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I paid for a full year because it was cheaper per month. After several times of my account being locked for no reason I decided to cancel. They refuse to refund any of the unused payment. They offered me to reconnect again, but no refund. Why would I want to do that? Their service was not acceptable and that is why I cancelled. How are they able to not issue any refunds? I just want what I paid for and didn't use. They are a scam. Do not use Match.com.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

On January 1, 2020, I paid $59.99 for a special premier 3-month membership. I found 2 additional charges on my credit card statement for crazy amounts that I DID NOT authorize! I canceled my account immediately. I received confirmation that it was canceled. Nut I could enjoy using my benefits through April 4, 2020. Well guess what? Today, Jan. 20, 2020, I tried to log in and match BLOCKED me! They DID NOT honor their agreement t or my PAID 3-Month membership!! I didn't even receive ONE month and it cost me $59.99. MATCH.COM are lying, cheating scammers!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!!!! THEY WILL STEAL FROM YOU!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Paid way too much for 1 year membership then they wanted me to pay more just for females to message me. I would rather save the money. No response sent. Prob 600 messages consisting of, "hey how are you, so if you had a unlimited budget where would you go in the world." Nothing degrading and still no responses.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I find it hilarious that for 2 months I got a response from 1 person and got a few likes, I decide not to renew my subscription and in a week, I got 5 new messages and and a wack of likes, so I bite of course, and I responded to all 5 messages. 4 got back to me and the most mind boggling thing is of those 4 2 of them responded back with the EXACT same message as the other and the other 2 didn't respond back. It's a joke site filled with bots and it is pointless to contact any one because if they don't pay you can't contact them unless you pay even more to add that feature and allow whoever you contact to write you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

In late 2018, I gave my brother my credit card information so he could sign up for Match while he was going through marital problems. He signed up for one quarter and paid approximately $75. He cancelled once, then resigned a couple months later. When he did re-sign, it was with his credit card. Yet Match charged my account. I called them, sent them the proof of cancellation (my brother saved the screen of him cancelling). They never responded. A couple months later, I was billed yet again. Once again, calling them did nothing. I am only now reviewing them because they have inexplicably charged my account this weekend, 6 months after my last unauthorized charge. To say this company is shady is an understatement. Their customer service is horrendous and they refuse to admit any wrongdoing. I will be suing them very soon. Details will be given later.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information