Match.com

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is a scam! I called and requested that my account be closed back in 2014! I keep getting recurring charges on my debit card. I have called and requested my money back several times and they refuse. I have asked for my account to be deactivated and it is still active. Every time I call I get someone from a different country and no one is available to help with my refund.

I was a long term member of Match.com. I renewed my membership a number of times without issue. However when I decided to allow my membership to run its course and not renew it, they changed my status from do not renew membership to Renew. My credit card was charged $58 US. I called Match.com customer service the very same day to tell them that I did not want to renew and requested they refund the $58 charge. They refused to entertain my request in anyway. They suspended my account even though I was paid up for the next 3 months. I have never been treated in such a sleazy and disrespectful way in my entire life. There are lots of other sites out there like eHarmony etc. that treat their customers fairly and with respect, Match.com is not one of them. STAY AWAY.

I had a horrible experience with Match.com as I see many others have has similar occurrences. When I joined Match I quickly learned that it was not going to benefit me because all I got was creepy sexual messages. I paid for the 6 month subscription but stopped using it after about 2 weeks because of the foul messages I was receiving. I attempted to cancel my subscription and deactivate my account and believed I had done so but then I got another $160 charge a few months later. I immediately called and was not able to speak to anyone and wrote several service inquiries requesting that my account be deleted and that I receive a call or email back. I sent several messages and never got a response and found a number to call but it was an automated system with no option to talk to an actual human. FRUSTRATING!

I did all the I could and logged in to try to DEACTIVATE my account again and I thought I was successful but NO I get hit with another $160 charge a few months later! I finally find a number to talk to a live human and explain my situation and frustrations with the lack of follow up to my service inquiries. They transfer me around to dozens of people. TALK ABOUT OUTSOURCING LABOR TO INDIA, I was talking to people in India and having to repeat my story each time I was transferred and OF COURSE couldn't talk to a supervisor because they were all busy. I was told my only option was a partial refund. So I have to pay for 1 month of a service that I haven't used in over a year just because they are greedy and want their money.

I've tried to cancel multiple times with no success and to add a cherry on top Match.com's charge put my credit card over the limit so there's another fee I incurred. They say it's in the terms and conditions that they will never do a full refund but come on. This is just straight up wrong and sounds illegal. Meanwhile they have made over $480 on me and I used the service for only 2 weeks and spent the rest of the time trying to figure out how the ** to deactivate my account so that I wouldn't get charged anymore. Funny thing is I DID deactivate my account multiple times but apparently never got an email confirmation about it so they say I didn't deactivate it but I most definitely did.

All I have to say is it's bad business and even worse customer service and customer support. Not worth the money to just get creepy messages 24/7. To have no help or responses to service inquiries is just wrong and shame on this company for their "policies" and the way they steal money from their customers. Sounds like I am not the only one who's dealt with the same thing and gotten the runaround...

I cancelled my subscription upon renewal and they would not refund me in full. I am not using their service. They have outsourced their customer service dept which is horrible. I'm calling my bank to have the charges reversed. Use a different site than theirs. POF offers the same or similar profiles that are real and not fake for FREE!

During the free trial, it looks like there a plenty of profiles with nice people on the site. So you shell out the $60 for three months so you can actually message some of them. Only after the first month or so, once you've sent dozens of messages and had only four read, do you realize that all of the other profiles are inactive. At this point, it's too late because the subscription fee is non-refundable. So your option is to shell out extra money to give the other accounts the ability to message back, or just accept the loss. The site is a complete scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Complete ripoff renewal process. I had cancelled the auto-renewal and had this in writing via email. Yet they billed me for renewal when my membership expired. After complaining they would not reimburse me. Avoid these people - complete ripoff merchants.

I am glad I did not pay for subscription. I had joined a couple of months ago but found it rather irritating that you had to pay a subscription to contact someone. I also found it ridiculous that just for ONE month subscription it was rather high priced. NO thank you! I also found it quite shady that when you got a wink from someone a few hours later that profile would become invisible. That meant to me that those profiles were nothing but bots. I had thought about paying a subscription but I am glad I did not after reading the reviews from this site.

Worst site ever. I've been inundated with scammers - fake profiles. They steal people's photos and info and pretend to be them. Wasting your time taking advantage of people's situation until they can ask for money to be mailed somewhere. I reported the many that contacted me in less than 2 days on the site, but Match refuses to refund anything on one year subscription that I just signed up for less than 48 hours ago - wasted my time and $217! Customer service keeps denying but won't let me talk to a supervisor. Just puts me on hold indefinitely. Keeps trying to get me off the phone and says supervisor not available. An hour on the phone and no supervisor.

I bought a 6 month membership to Match.com through Apple iTunes. When I went to the match site to register, during the registration process the system froze and told me to contact Match. I contacted match and they told me my account was frozen for the safety of the membership. What? Having never been accused of a crime much less convicted nor having never been involved in online dating I was and still am sure they made a mistake. My name is not common so I doubt it was confusion. Match refused to give me any reason other than the safety of the membership. They weren't even very nice about it. Don't waste your time and money with these idiots.

A number of years ago I joined match.com and subscribed to their 6 months membership. I was thoroughly disappointed with the number of people in my area using this dating site and joined plenty of fish (a free date site) instead. Six months after joining I noticed a suspicious transaction against my bank account. To my horror I contacted my bank to a certain match.com had taken another payment. When I contacted match.com I was able to prove I hadn't utilized their site for five months and the payment was credited. I had to argue this point as they were not prepared at first to give me my money back. It turned out I was suppose to cancel the subscription 24 hours after taking out my membership. They certainly didn't make this clear on their website.

I'm now 50 years old and finding someone to settle down with considerably harder than it was ten years ago. To this purpose I thought I would give match.com another chance as they've been parading their successes on television advertisements. This time I registered knowing what to expect and signed back in the following day to cancel the subscription. Knowing most people are aware of this scam Match.com have now made canceling your subscription as complicated as possible. Instead of ticking a box you have to read the instructions and scour the web page to find the cancellation option. To say the least it was very complicated. After you've cancelled they blast you with discounts to extend your membership. Why do they make it so easy to extend but so difficult to cancel?

I also notice the change your mind option is in plain view and very close to your inbox. So close you can accidentally trigger this option so they can take additional payments. This might explain why another ex customer who wrote a review still had his subscription taken although he canceled his membership. This business practice is so wrong and it's about time the authorities put a stop to it. The whole experience was stressful and I won't be using their website again. It's about time governments around the world started looking after the consumers that put them in power as opposed to corporate businesses.

I have been a customer of Match.com off and on for over 5 years now. I recently received an email telling me that my account had been terminated without any explanation as to why. I attempted to contact them but was given the run around by their "customer support team." I was told that they would respond to my inquiry via email. Their response was as follows: "Due to our privacy practices, we cannot disclose specifics about any Match.com account, including your own. If you wish to obtain additional information, a valid subpoena, search warrant, or court order directed to Match.com is required." There was still one month left on my membership but what really bothers me is that this can happen to anyone. Has anyone else had this experience with Match.com?

I cancelled my service for Match.com and before the end of my subscription period they blocked me from access to their site even though I was still paying for it. This is a violation of their customer agreement and I believe it is happening on a huge scale and is worthy of a class action suit by some attorney looking for a good case. They also are using my profile without my permission to attract new users and I am not being compensated for it. As a result, Match send me notes saying Ms. X is interested in my profile, but I cannot access her note unless I re-subscribe, even though I am fully paid until the end of this month. Match makes it difficult to cancel and uses many tricks to keep billing your account. Their customer service is also slimy. Beware. Match will bill you well after you die. So if you know of any good class action lawyers, Match is a great case. They are worldwide and are pulling these scams on many continents.

GET A NEW DEBIT CARD if you have allowed them access to your debit card account. Once you do this, it will be as if your Match.com subscription no longer exist, you will not have very much access regardless of if your subscription was near expiring or not. However, at least you will have peace of mind that they won't be able to illegally charge your account. They are certainly FRAUDULENT!!! You pay for a subscription but you have very limited access. You can send messages but have to pay more money to receive messages. REALLY???!!! Not what I expected when I was subscribing to a dating site. RUN!!! Match.com is A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!

I turned off automatic renewal and was still charged. They only refunded $34 of the $100 plus my account was charged. MATCH you are horrible. You are basically ripping people off and you know it. DO NOT JOIN EVER!!!

Extremely dissatisfied with the cancellation process. I signed up a 2nd time in December 2015 and cancelled online in April 2016, before my 6 months contract. I thought nothing of it until I called to check my credit card balance and see that match.com not only charged me June 2016 but also December 2016. When I called 1800-326-5161 twice, the first time I was told that they could not find any account for me and the agent disconnected the call on me. On my second time around I was told that they have no request for cancellation and as a one time goodwill move they can give me a partial refund of my December charge since I did not cancel online properly. I informed the agent that I cancelled and deactivated my account online in April but I never received any cancellation email.

Long and short of this - I believe that this is a way of ripping off unsuspected subscribers and something should be done. This is not the first time Match.com has done this but in 2010 I was caulking it up as an oversight on mine and their part but not this time around. I think that we as ex-members should band together and file a class action lawsuit against Match.com and put an end to this unfair practice (let's see how they like to pay for service that have not been received). They need to stop taking advantage of individuals, as I can just imagine how much unsuspected individuals has been affected. As for me they got $350 Canadian for a service that was cancelled over 8 months ago. Let's band together and put an end to this.

I subscribed to Match.com with the hope of meeting a companion. Two of my dear friends met their spouses through this dating site, and I was optimistic. I met a couple of incredible people, but here is where Match.com failed to protect me, as well as my children. I believe a simple background check of paid subscribers would have eliminated my experience. Also, I had ended my subscription after three months, but they continued to use my profile and pictures for over a year to mislead people who were genuinely looking for love. Match.com also failed to issue me a refund for the three month subscription. Listed below are my two dating stories from hell:

First relationship: Was a person not living within the 50 mile radius I had specified. We had mutual interests, and he offered to fly to my city. I only provided my telephone number. After a few weeks of conversation, and texting, he calls to tell me about his two sick and dying dogs (it's cancer). He wants me to wire $20,000 into two separate bank accounts. I play along, obtain all information, and immediately notify all applicable law enforcement agencies. He actually was living in Ghana. Match.com apologized, but said they have no way of knowing if someone is actually scamming a member, and refused to refund my membership.

Second relationship: A handsome, charismatic man who happened to work in the same field, we also had a couple mutual business acquaintances. I did a background check through Spokeo, and nothing unusual came up. After a casual month of dating, something made me question his background. I did another internet check, and found he was charged and convicted of Assault with a Deadly Weapon in 2004. It was that easy. I notified Match.com immediately, yet they continue to allow this member full access to their site, even after I provided the court records. Please be wary of this business. Do your own background checks. As for me, I plan on meeting my next companion at the grocery store. I'll take my chances.

I was a member of Match.com for 2 days. During that brief period I was contacted by 3 different women trying to solicit money. One was from Russia and wrote me a sad e-mail telling me how she would relocate and become my mate. The other 2 were similar stories except both were from Ghana. Their stories were very different but they both 2 wanted me to pay for their relocation to become my mate. I signed up to meet a legitimate date and instead had my cell phone and laptop compromised by foreign scam artist. As for a refund, Match.com was willing to cancel my renewal but charged the full 3 months for 2 days of danger exposure to criminals. Match.com is as unscrupulous as the scam artist using them as a platform.

They got my money... again. They rely on a shady practice of not telling you when your subscription is about to expire, and ready and willing to tell you "too bad". I knew if I looked up Match.com reviews I would find the same clog of frustration/anger with this site's shady practices of knowing that (A) life is some times a little hectic to know exactly when your subscription will expire and (B) not send you a notification tell you otherwise. This is a "feature" they say they do not currently have. Below is my So-Long to their "contact us" link.

Dear Match, Why do I have to put a reminder in my calendar about the auto-renew feature that Match has you agree to and will not refund your money once its happened? I just spent a half hour telling your C.S. dept they can have their feature, and join the rest of the world to send out an auto-reminder that they're about to be charged 75 bucks if they don't cancel.

This practice is shady. To hide your money funnel in your terms is not good enough, people. Email reminders is a known function of business as a courtesy to let them know they are about to be auto-charged if they do not cancel. THAT would be a courtesy I know most people to get behind. That you're concerned my emails to a possible date could be interrupted. If you were that concerned, you would put an AUTO REMINDER ABOUT THE RENEWAL CHARGE. Instead of getting a partial refund now of 19 dollars, I want you to have my 75 that you will never get again and use my frustration to tell all I know never to use Match. Never to sign up with a company that uses small print to hide their sneaky, no full refund policy, in their terms of services. Please be better than this.

Within 20 minutes of joining I received almost a dozen likes and all of them were hot girls in their 20's. The problem with this?? I am a 55 year old guy. Not possible. Sorry. Check out ** quite an eye opener.

For the safety of members it would be great if this website offered the options for their members to review and vote one another. It would also be helpful if they provided background checks on their members. It would save people so much lost time and heartache. I contacted Match's Customer Service and they could not find a resolution for my experience. I dated for 8 months a man who greatly deceived me. He has two accounts on Match.com which are ** and **.

Ladies please do your research as I did but unfortunately towards the end of our relationship before dating this man. His name is David **, age 60 and lives in Algonac, MI. His employment is in Farmington Hills, MI for Avon Automotive and normally seeks out women in that area such as myself. He has been divorced twice and was abusive towards his ex wives as well as towards me which is why I left him. Please save yourself the heartache and do your research on anyone that you meet online. I'm so relieved to get out in time before things escalated.

Used to be a good site. What's changed: If you have a free account, you'll probably notice your view count skyrocketing. You'll be getting "likes", winks, and emails but of course you can't see any of the users that are showing interest until you pay. Once you do, you'll notice that many of the profiles that were interested are now hidden or no longer exist. The emails, likes, winks, and views mysteriously slow down drastically. A large percentage of the female profiles appear to be fake. Pics are pulled off of various sites online and pasted into profiles. Match.com has been sued over this for millions. At best, they are looking the other way when fake profiles are posted. At worst, Match.com is posting them. Either way, it seems their business practices have changed since the last time I used them. They no longer verify content or pictures when profiles are posted which they used to do.

Believe what other people are writing. I thought I cancelled my account online; I was careful to choose a 1-month membership, and after about 2 weeks of receiving absolutely horrible matches (men seeking men, women seeking women - I clearly indicated I'm a woman seeking man, "matches" that were WAY out of my preference range), I decided to cancel.

Somehow navigated the website, and thought I cancelled. I look at my CC statement 2 months later and see that I'm still getting billed by them. Then I call the number that was associated with the charge on my statement, and when the representative asked why I was cancelling, I told her, "honestly, match is for **." She verified my personal information, and in less than a total of 5 minutes on the phone with her, my account was cancelled (I hope). She assured me that I'll no longer be billed. I'll be checking, though. (Also, I asked for it in writing, and we'll see about that, too.) Seriously, don't use match.com. It's a total waste of money, time, and dreams. You'd have better luck finding "the one" at a seedy bar at closing time.

I joined Match.com in September of 2016. The site never properly worked and I called in soon after joining to report the issue that I was having. They only gave me an additional 7 days. I spoke with a representative and asked about canceling the subscription. She told me that I had nothing to worry about and here it is after not using the site for the past 2 months they automatically billed my account for $88.60.

I am so pissed off right now and when I called two days ago they offered me half of the money back and now they only want to give me $25.06. I will never join any online anything and this site is a ripoff and fraud. They tried to get me to agree to the refund and I said no way because that was not enough. I am going to report them to the State Attorney General and every media source there is. DO NOT JOIN MATCH.COM. THEY ARE A RIPOFF AND FRAUD!

On December 16, 2016, I found that my Match.com account auto-renewed twice (in the months of July and October 2016) without my knowledge, consent, or activity on the site. I had signed up for a 3-month subscription on March 28, 2016 and my last login, at which time I thought I retired the account, was June 23rd. I was of the understanding that, unless an individual chose to renew, the account would close at the end of the billing cycle as most things do and believed I had taken the steps necessary to cancel further subscription.

I deactivated the account on my last login. I received no further communications or notifications from Match, so I was of the understanding that the service was cancelled. I have subsequently learned that only account cancellation prevents this covert automatic billing, which I am told is an "understood" thing when you create an account. Clearly, it is not an "understood" thing, as I was completely unaware I was paying for a service I was not using and to which I did not believe I even had access. You, as the consumer, receive no notification that you are being billed or that your account it still visible to others. This means that my account was still "active" online without my awareness or curation and that I was being billed for time that I was not using.

On December 19th, I was told by a customer care rep, Ed, that I would receive a partial refund for the October 5th billing of $80.89. He stated that the other contested amount from the July billing would need to be handled by Account services. That evening, I received an email rescinding all refund possibilities and stating that, while they were in the wrong for offering any refund, they would not honor the amount promised. During the December 19th phone call, I also asked that my account be completely removed. A secondary email stated that I would have full access to the account until January 4, 2017, something I had expressly asked be dismantled.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Texas and have requested a customer complaint form via mail from the Attorney General of Texas Office of Customer Protection as well as a consumer complaint check that should provide insight into how many complaints have been formally filed against Match. I have never been so lied to or robbed by a company. If someone had taken $160 from me in any other way, I would go to the police. When I asked for a corporate complaint number, I was informed that one did not exist. The email address I was given, "customercare@support.match.com" is the same one through which I've already unsuccessfully communicated. The service rep on 12/20, "Elmer", said that my only option would be to speak to another representative who was similarly "unauthorized" to offer or fulfill refunds (despite the exact opposite happening to me 4 days ago).

Even more interesting, when I asked for prior login dates today (Dec. 20, 2016), the date which had earlier been confirmed by "Ed" the service rep as the date I attempted to end my service was no longer on record. Additionally, a new date on which I definitely did not log in had been added. I believe this means they are tampering with the information on accounts in their favor as well. This suggests they are either not properly accounting for activity on their site or are accessing individual pages outside of the subscriber's use to make it appear that those accounts are more active than they are -- a deeply concerning idea.

The number you will find on the website 1-800-926-2824 only gives you call center representatives, no matter which option you choose at the start menu. The 866-889-9176 number listed on their corporate page automatically hangs up on you. While I have tried multiple times on different days and at different times, the pressing 0 for a receptionist at 214-576-9352 has yet to render any human contact. The phone number associated with the original charge on my account (800) 326-5161 similarly has yet to be answered by a human being.

My subscription for Match.com was renewed without my authorization twice. The first time in June 2016. I gave Match the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe I had not followed the instructions properly. Immediately after I followed all the steps and was confident I had turned off the auto subscription but 6 months later to my horror Match had taken another payment off me on December 2016.

I called them up and made a complaint and they tried to say I had re-activated the account. I stated I hadn't and told them I would now make a complaint to the office of fair trading and would pursue a civil complaint through the courts. I also instructed my bank that a payment had been taken without my consent. Fortunately MATCH customer service agreed to refund the amount they had taken on the 17/12/2016 after I had complained on the 20/12/16. They checked my account and saw I had not used it.

I would advise anyone to turn off auto subscription but also delete the account way before your subscription is about to end. As you may log into the account and use it as you have paid for it but then an automatic renewal will be activated without your consent and then you will be billed. They will try and fob you off, do not stand for it!

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Match makes men pay to read profiles of 'supposed' real women, many just separated when men had to swear they were divorced, to male bash, complain and whine about men in general and their past demanding you fill in for that ** to be next husband and father with absolutely no chance at sex, physical love, love life all terms verboten! While you can count on political and news media 'phrases of the day' like 'no games', that's exactly what is going on.

When you first arrive you'll get some sexy woman who 'LIKE' this or that photo of yours. Before you can even email her thank you and say hi, she's already 'FAVORITED' you, which according to Match "don't let her go". You must like her back, favorite her back, only to find ZIP she's gone. Now she looks real because you liked and favorited her, but she's disappeared behind the "Safe Place" where Match will point out she still appears on your account under 'liked' and 'favorited' and it's your fault you're never online when she is again, and Match THEN uses women just like her to prove to you that they have real women men are getting someplace with.

As soon as you say, “Hey, wait a minute,” that's exactly what I did for this woman, but I didn't get anywhere, from then on in your complaints and concerns are redirected to a FAQ list that of course doesn't answer. BTW the Match answer for this is that you access her profile and click 'file a concern', except these files cannot be accessed behind the "Safe Space" to be 'filed as a concern'. I was only on seven weeks? But the last two weeks full time 24/7 thanks to the damn flu. So even when I did catch this or that 'favorite of mine' pulling the same thing on some newcomer, all she had to do was refuse to answer me. Worse, Match will KEEP sending you "We've selected her just for you", "You've been given the green light too" emails TO THE SAME PERSON THAT KEEPS REFUSING TO EVEN REPLY TO YOU SIX TIMES NOW. Worse, you get some woman complaining that you winked at her on a site that Wink is required.

Now then come these two guys. What the hell, a guy contacting me? Even as I’m thinking to complain why am I getting gay dates and no gals to Match, he starts typing in he's not gay, just reset his 'settings' so he could see how many guys there were in our region (200km) and ask if ANY of us had EVER gotten not only a date, but even an email, response even reply? I had to admit no but tossed it from my mind. Then some older guy says he's been here 2 years, and another he knows from our same town 161 days, and not a single date. As far as they know, NONE of the women claiming to be from our small town exist. Now when a woman claimed to be a teacher where I am, I had to take a second look. I even went back through the yearbooks. Nope. She and her entire family, grandma, pa, I’m a po widow, mother-in-law, grandchildren, children ALL someone else's or fraud. So now I'm suspicious.

Next guy makes me laugh. Profile says something like 'sally, 5'0" 90lbs, blond hair blue eyed Asian but his pic is a big ** guy. So I click on him. A couple of hours later a beep on the computer, even as he's going over the same thing, clank, we're cut off. He was asking the same concerns. His belief that Match was a COMPLETE SCAM. He supposedly knew one of the actors paid to pretend to have been a successful match. Our screens kept freezing. Nothing we typed was being saved. Last I saw he was trying to give me an email address then we were cut off. When I linked him again, I got the message "The account no longer existed, possible violations of Match principles." Ya, no doubt.

God I hope he's here someplace and says hi. I'm the guy. We should be able to corroborate something but you know what, never will. As long as they remove the laws we had for over a thousand years back to bloody Vikings about innocent till proven guilty, defence, proof and all, Match is WORSE THAN HITLER AND STEINEM. You're male so you're automatically guilty as long as it is gender related. Women never lie. We don't have to tell you squat why we're BANNING YOU AND STEALING YOUR MONEY. I ** you not, might've been my last day going through a brand new bunch of gals 'picked out for me' all liking and favoring me. Oh joy oh joy. What an unexpected boon and surprise eh? And there is this new account. Now you want proof of some feminist conspiracy just to male bash beyond none of the women willing to even suggest the possibility of 'physical relations' even after a lifetime of service?

This new fairy tale is this 'modern woman' amongst Match men 'intimidated by her empowerment', 'no good men after like 15 years looking?' goes to sperm bank, has baby, but now wants to try it with a man. He has to 'man up' to be a celibate husband, life-long soul-mate, to donate his sperm to bank, not even through intercourse, apparently so this time she can name him in both alimony as 'couple' and 'child support'. Now get this, not just for HIS kid, but the other one too! In her own words she says that since having a baby, despite a 'fantastic 24/7 live in nanny', it's harder to pay for the 'life from which she's become accustomed to'. Traveling the world, cruises, and all, the baby such an 'unexpected' encumbrance, so "NO GAMES, LOOKING FOR A REAL MAN TO MAN UP. BE A REAL MAN. COMMIT TO POSSIBLE LIFE LONG SOUL MATE, BEST FRIEND, AND FATHER TO NEW CHILD. NO POSSIBILITY OF SEX"... Come on, I had to laugh and say something.

Now ask someone who's been on or studied Match if I'm qualified. I've communicated with over 300 profiles (Match calls women, I now join the other guys who laughably crossed lines to ask... scripts), in less than 2 months. I've got 50 'favorites', 16 'she gave you the green light too' 'don't let her get away', AND NOT ONE SINGLE DATE, NOT ONE REPLY, RESPONSE OR EMAIL. NOT ONE. BUT I HAVE BEEN EXPELLED FOR NO REASON TWICE! No I didn't re-apply under a different name, first time when I was warned to delete all my pics and information before I was banned I found they’re-registered me'. This time I note that didn't work.

Now of course I'm pissed off at losing six months and my credit card company warns even more with Match, which I’d never heard of before, might be just her personal opinion, that you might have to change credit cards altogether to stop them from continually billing you, as she pointed out, if they believe they are above the law about why they can take money then kick you out, that's their state of mind. But seriously, some lawyer, some consumer affairs, some legal entity in the USA at least, Canada would just call all the men dissatisfied with such a 'sexist' enterprise as seeking only heterosexual relationship as misogynist, YEAH EVERY PATHETIC CANADIAN POLITICAL PARTY WHO ALLOWED WOMEN TO HAVE MEN PERMANENTLY LABELLED RAPIST JUST BECAUSE SHE 'FELT UNCOMFORTABLE' EVEN IF THEY NEVER SAW EACH OTHER.

BUT COME ON AMERICA, LAND OF LIBERTY, JUSTICE AND LAW, THE STRONG AND BRAVE, SOMEONE DOWN THERE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I ** you not. I came across this Chinese girl looking for an American husband online who claimed she worked for the fraudulent sex sites like Tinder and Match, you know, 'guaranteed' real in person hook-ups for sex with someone in your region, instead just shills for porn, fan sites and 'webcam performances' you fools can see for absolutely free recorded on Pornhub or anywhere else in just 2 or 3 days anyways. According to her, her entire 'office' included one gay guy and six former strippers now out of work.

Now here's the kicker, they are blatant frauds, yet even they have their ** email/chat you back over and over even if only to stick to some script or try out some bot program, right up there with old Atari artificial intelligence, but guys see boobs and that's enough. No no no. It has to stop. THESE SEX FINDER, FLIRT AND SEEMINGLY EXPONENTIALLY MORE ARE ALL SAYING WHEN COPPING OUT, "Well Tinder and Match do it, we just copied them." So for Monty Python's sake, one of you, some of you, some department, some lone lawyer wanting to make a name for herself, just some lone individual American, take it to the courts, UNVEIL THIS **.

EVEN IF YOU CAN'T GET ME MY MONEY BACK IN SOME CLASS ACTION SUIT, THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!! Anyone, yes no maybe? Anyone know who I can contact? Any petitions we can sign? Please gods tell me this site isn't another Match fraud itself, just to double sweep the victims. Please and thank you for your time and consideration.

Signed up for a free trial, and the profiles I received during this period were never contacted, nor did I access my account in months before the free trial expired. On December 13th, 2016 my credit card was charged $73.00 Canadian. They offered me a $22 US refund which is equivalent to one month subscription. In Canada, this is called negative billing and is illegal. I realize that I do not live in the US and am therefore not protected as a consumer. However, the only acceptable solution to this is a full refund to my credit card. As I read many reviews about free trial users being exploited, a class action suit should be filed on our behalf.

I joined Match.com and paid $70.00 for three months. I set my parameters that I was looking for a woman who lived within 20 miles of me. Instead, I was constantly getting "member" emails from women who lived overseas looking for a ticket to the USA, or women who had a free membership and were offering themselves as escorts. These escorts had free memberships where they couldn't correspond, yet they would put their email or text number on their profile picture to avoid detection.

I called and complained about the practice and lack of screening four times (after being on hold for 30 minutes plus each time) and after the fourth time I finally asked for a refund and was denied. Disgusted, I changed my profile from serious to ridiculous (saying I was unemployed and living in a pop up camper with my Mom) and still I was constantly getting solicited by foreigners or pros. Somewhere or somehow, someone must have complained about my profile or my response to emails I received and Match.com cancelled my remaining membership with no refund. I never used profanity of sexually explicit language and never violated the rules of conduct. I was cancelled and told that if I wanted an explanation I would need to serve them with a subpoena issued by a judge. Think twice before joining Match.com.

I signed up for 3 mo. at $19.99/mo. - after giving them my credit card info I was charged $119 - difficult to contact them and no response - just signed up 20 min. ago. They are F'n A's - they should be investigated.

I thought I'd try Match.com. I joined while I was searching and trying my chance to meet my dates. I was added to favorites lists of woman... I said great. I looked at the user names. They were at least three separate groups with three to four of each of them with exact username with exact wording and exact profile list of what they searching for and only difference was the woman's heads??? FAKE accounts. I asked for full refund and they refused my request. I found at least 10 fake profiles. The sites riddled with them... I told them I would like a full refund or I'm going to Consumers Affairs.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.
  • Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.
  • Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it
  • Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.
  • Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.
  • Best for People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services