Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5
Based on 1,398 ratings submitted in the last year

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Match.com is the "lesser of the evils." I HATE eHarmony (very few potential candidates and so many that are not fully registered, just see "profile image"). OurTime is awful - they "claim" they have a higher caliber of men but they are the bottom of the ocean and they are terrible about meeting my "filter criteria." Bumble is TERRIBLE at meeting my "search criteria" and even as a paying customer there are very few ways to actually connect, plus it's too limited in the ability to "write about yourself." Match has the most flexibility to write about yourself, the most pics to upload, more extensive "search criteria" BUT the men they "recommend" all too often are NOWHERE NEAR meeting my search criteria. It has one of the better ways to communicate with matches

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wish they would allow a box to check regarding my preference for men without beards! Most of the men Match suggest for me (about 60% have beards)! Other than that I appreciate that members can share a lot about themselves and what matters most to them in their bios. I don't expect for all the pictures to be current, and it is helpful to see how their lives may have changed over time, however, it is helpful to have at least one current photo within the last year.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Match.com is one of the better sites because they allow you to select who you want to meet. NEVER use a service like eHarmony where THEY select your matches and do it quite poorly despite their ads claiming how great they are. All sites have inactive members who will never respond to you but Match gave me a better response rate than some other sites. It costs more than some other sites for full features, but you get what you pay for. During COVID-19 dating sites have lost their luster but when things return to normal it should be good again.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would definitely recommend Match.com. I always felt say compared to other dating sites. My matches were set to my preferences which was easy to navigate and overall it was a comfortable site to use and in late March 2017 I met who would end up becoming my husband. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is late this year. He is a very smart, caring and intelligent man. Good to my son from previous relationship and we now have a beautiful 16 month old daughter. I thank God and Match.com for the perfect connection.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently posted a statement on Match.com pissed. I was not happy with the website and did not understand how it worked. I was under the impression that Match was blocking everyone I was messaging. I was wrong and I truly apologize for my impatience. I want everyone to know that I have met the most incredible man that any woman would love to meet. Just thinking about him makes my heart smile. I never would have thought that you could find such an amazing person on a website. I should have joined years ago. Instead I wasted so much time dating frogs. I encourage all of you lonely hearts out there who are looking for love to join Match.com, and you will find a love that you thought never would exist. Everyone wants to experience GOOD love... Join Match.com, love is waiting.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Match blocked me without cause twice in a row, wouldn't explain why and disappeared a month before even issuing a refund! I couldn't read nor respond to messages, making me look fake and sabotaging my love life- on the weekend too!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Match.com uses fake messages and hits to draw you in and once you join. The members that contact you are not paid subscriptions so you can never talk to them. Then once upon cancelling they do not refund your money even though you cancelled with in the prescribed time frame. Do not join. They trick you. They do not have good paying members. All just free memberships and they cannot contact you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I got on Match about a year ago and hardly ever went back to the site unless I got an email. So this past Tuesday night 1/26/21 I decided to pay for a membership because I had 26 likes a 15 messages and without a membership you can't view that info. It was $28 for 1 month and said they don't bill until the end of the month. After I got in to view half of my likes were not even close to my location and they said it would be 9.99 for a month for someone to message back and not cost them. Being a gentleman I agreed. It again read will be billed at the end of month.

I got up Wed. morning to see if the 1 person I messaged replied. It would not let me sign in. Problem with account. So I looked and money had been taken out. They will not respond to emails. I ask for refund. No reply and still can't sign in. I found out if this is correct they also have pos....sorry I mean POF dating site. No wonder if I would have known that I would still have $30 in my pocket. Because POF is a slaughterhouse.. I would rate Pof a 1 and match a -1!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Signed up and paid for a one month subscription. Within 24 hours, my account was locked out. I called and was told I would receive an email from their technical department within 24-48 hours. Never happened. Called again and promised again. Nothing happened. Several more calls and told by each rep they couldn't see the issue with my account and I had to wait for an email. At the second week, I called and was told the problem would be rectified by the end of the day. Not trusting that answer, I waited until 90 minutes before they closed for the weekend to call again.

This time, the rep said she could clearly see that they assigned my credit card and account to an old email address I had years prior. Yet, after an hour she still couldn't get the issue fixed and told me I'd have to wait for their tech department to fix it. OR, I could create a new email address somewhere and then open a new account with them. Neither was a solution, so I asked her to cancel my account and issue a refund. After waiting again for her to speak to her supervisor, she came back and told me that a refund could not be issued because the request wasn't submitted within 24-48 hours of opening the account. Blew me away.

Within 24-48 hours, I had been blocked from the account and told to wait for the tech department to fix it. She said there wasn't anything she could do about it. I told her I'd submit a complaint to my credit card company, and lo and behold, she issued a credit. The caveat? She sent me a survey about how Match and her service were. Never again Match. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I joined Match back on the 1st of Jan, 2021. I thought I made a very nice profile, took my time writing it, putting out good information on myself. I got a pretty good deal for 4.99 for a one month trial. Well here we are almost 3 weeks in, and zero matches, I have sent probably over a hundred messages, my pictures are good, I like to think I'm a fairly nice looking guy, I put up good pictures, no filters, dressed nicely, no posing pics, just decent photos...And nothing...I would say, absolutely do not spend anything on this site.

The pickings are slim to begin with, and I think the few conversations I have encountered were stale at best. A lot of old profiles, and if they are not active subscribers, they cannot respond, unless you pay extra for them to do so. I've had a lot of success off Bumble, and even Tinder at times isn't so bad. I am 49, but in super great shape, nice teeth and all my hair..lol... I've read a lot of reviews on this site, and don't spend a dime on here...Definitely a total waste of time, at least on Bumble, the girl makes the 1st move, and I like that as well.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information