Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2020

Match.com is the "lesser of the evils." I HATE eHarmony (very few potential candidates and so many that are not fully registered, just see "profile image"). OurTime is awful - they "claim" they have a higher caliber of men but they are the bottom of the ocean and they are terrible about meeting my "filter criteria." Bumble is TERRIBLE at meeting my "search criteria" and even as a paying customer there are very few ways to actually connect, plus it's too limited in the ability to "write about yourself." Match has the most flexibility to write about yourself, the most pics to upload, more extensive "search criteria" BUT the men they "recommend" all too often are NOWHERE NEAR meeting my search criteria. It has one of the better ways to communicate with matches

Original review: June 1, 2020

Match.com is one of the better sites because they allow you to select who you want to meet. NEVER use a service like eHarmony where THEY select your matches and do it quite poorly despite their ads claiming how great they are. All sites have inactive members who will never respond to you but Match gave me a better response rate than some other sites. It costs more than some other sites for full features, but you get what you pay for. During COVID-19 dating sites have lost their luster but when things return to normal it should be good again.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently posted a statement on Match.com pissed. I was not happy with the website and did not understand how it worked. I was under the impression that Match was blocking everyone I was messaging. I was wrong and I truly apologize for my impatience. I want everyone to know that I have met the most incredible man that any woman would love to meet. Just thinking about him makes my heart smile. I never would have thought that you could find such an amazing person on a website. I should have joined years ago. Instead I wasted so much time dating frogs. I encourage all of you lonely hearts out there who are looking for love to join Match.com, and you will find a love that you thought never would exist. Everyone wants to experience GOOD love... Join Match.com, love is waiting.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I cannot think of any activity that is any less productive than using Match.com. The FTC recently sued Match Group who also owns POF and OKC for millions of dollars bc of deceptive business practices. I'm sure many of you have experienced it as you were using Match.con. You see one or two normal looking/sounding people when you initially sign up. If you contacted this/these profile/s you'd never hear back. Why? BC many of those profiles were Fakes. Match.com would hijack/save my profile after I'd paused or even ended my subscription. Could it have remained in "circulation" after that? The FTC found that a fair percentage of user profiles in circulation were actually inactive.

They also sell your profiles/s and activity data on the back end, just in case you didn't know. OKC and Match.com strongly suggest users answer questions with answers that are easy to compile into a report, thus deepening their knowledge about you. The matches they send are rarely "good" matches. I was using these sites at the same time many of my friends and acquaintances were and we all used to laugh about the "matches" we would get, some with each other. Real waste of time.

Original review: June 23, 2020

This website is a joke, an expensive joke at that. Most of the men I tried to get in touch with either didn't answer or answered with one or 2 words. A few told me how sexy and beautiful I am, but no worthwhile conversation. I wonder what they're after. I did start chatting with a couple, however after one or 2 worthwhile conversations it stopped. It is easy to spot a scammer, they usually only provide one picture and don't have too much to say. This site is crawling with them. Needless to say, I'm really disappointed and it is not worth my while to chat with anyone on this site.

Original review: June 19, 2020

It is the worst site. It has increasingly removed useful features to know if you are a "match". It blindly sends "likes" that were not initiated by the user. And logging in is a nightmare. Even worse, is that you can not get help and assistance, period!!!

Original review: June 11, 2020

The guy I meet on Match ended up being a scam. After 3 months he ask for money cause his dog was sick. Told me he have to sell his Rolex. The give away he ask for money in pounds. Knew it was a scam.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Match is ok. Sometimes profiles aren't what you put in and three quarters of the time when you send a message to someone they don't even read it. It's like a waste of time. I don't know if it cost more money for certain packages and that's why somebody you message doesn't click it, I have no idea.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information