Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Match.com is the "lesser of the evils." I HATE eHarmony (very few potential candidates and so many that are not fully registered, just see "profile image"). OurTime is awful - they "claim" they have a higher caliber of men but they are the bottom of the ocean and they are terrible about meeting my "filter criteria." Bumble is TERRIBLE at meeting my "search criteria" and even as a paying customer there are very few ways to actually connect, plus it's too limited in the ability to "write about yourself." Match has the most flexibility to write about yourself, the most pics to upload, more extensive "search criteria" BUT the men they "recommend" all too often are NOWHERE NEAR meeting my search criteria. It has one of the better ways to communicate with matches

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wish they would allow a box to check regarding my preference for men without beards! Most of the men Match suggest for me (about 60% have beards)! Other than that I appreciate that members can share a lot about themselves and what matters most to them in their bios. I don't expect for all the pictures to be current, and it is helpful to see how their lives may have changed over time, however, it is helpful to have at least one current photo within the last year.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Match.com is one of the better sites because they allow you to select who you want to meet. NEVER use a service like eHarmony where THEY select your matches and do it quite poorly despite their ads claiming how great they are. All sites have inactive members who will never respond to you but Match gave me a better response rate than some other sites. It costs more than some other sites for full features, but you get what you pay for. During COVID-19 dating sites have lost their luster but when things return to normal it should be good again.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I would definitely recommend Match.com. I always felt say compared to other dating sites. My matches were set to my preferences which was easy to navigate and overall it was a comfortable site to use and in late March 2017 I met who would end up becoming my husband. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is late this year. He is a very smart, caring and intelligent man. Good to my son from previous relationship and we now have a beautiful 16 month old daughter. I thank God and Match.com for the perfect connection.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently posted a statement on Match.com pissed. I was not happy with the website and did not understand how it worked. I was under the impression that Match was blocking everyone I was messaging. I was wrong and I truly apologize for my impatience. I want everyone to know that I have met the most incredible man that any woman would love to meet. Just thinking about him makes my heart smile. I never would have thought that you could find such an amazing person on a website. I should have joined years ago. Instead I wasted so much time dating frogs. I encourage all of you lonely hearts out there who are looking for love to join Match.com, and you will find a love that you thought never would exist. Everyone wants to experience GOOD love... Join Match.com, love is waiting.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Created account as a free visitor. Within minutes a had dozens of drop-dead beautiful women interested in me. These accounts were scams to entice me into a full paid subscription. Once subscribed these women were gone. These women either worked or were paid by Match.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

If you are a LGBT, don't bother to subscribe to Match.com. They only care about charging you money and have no respect for you whatsoever. I have complained numerous time about seeing men appearing under women searching women section and they have done nothing about it. There's hardly any active members and the few who are active are just waiting around for paid members to message them so they don't have to subscribe to the service. Smart on their end I guess since it's not worthy to pay $100+ bucks and get nothing out of it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I wish I'd read these reviews before I signed up for Match.com. 99% of the guys who "liked" me were bots, scammers, and fake profiles. I was taken in a few times, not for money, but thinking I was meeting someone genuine. Terrible experience, really humiliating and depressing. Every single time after several days, weeks of chatting, they turned wacko. Match is being sued, which I didn't know, for creating their own fake profiles from abandoned profiles to make people think there are people interested in them. The robots who were talking to me were really good... after maybe 5 or 6 messages, they seemed cold & sometimes would get nasty. I couldn't get my money back and I'm furious with the whole experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I have not had any luck with this site. I have been scammed three times since signing up and it hasn’t been a month. The person messaging either says “you have a nice smile” or “you are pretty” in their opening line. One of these connections actually ended up stinging a lot. The gentleman was very smooth for days and then he started slipping and not using correct English. I suppose they changed operators. That is when I got suspicious and confronted him and he never responded again. Another indicator, be careful if after a few chats they ask for your phone number so they can text rather then chat on Match. I am assuming this is all about my age, I am 67 and divorced. I’m thinking if I had let it go on longer they would be asking for money! Be very careful seniors.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I’m a Premium Member. The site only gives you a handful of members per day, you need to buy boosts to see more. Boosts are expensive. I have seen three days with no members shown. The whole deal is to get the most out of you.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information