1.14/5
Based on 353 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2777 Match.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I signed up to Match with a 3-month sub in hope to find someone. Recently, I hid my profile. I had business to attend to and I wasn't able to be on the site for a few days. I hid my profile on the site and the app. That means no one can view it and no one can search me. Well, just a few hours later I received notification that someone was interested in me. That's impossible, I hid my profile. I went back to the site to make sure everything was set as I left it. Yup and also 3 other people viewed my hidden profile. Just more fake profiles made up by Match to keep people "interested".

I would also like to point out the number of likes and interest I have got over the past month. I send a message to said interest party, no response. I recently checked my list of people I also sent a like or interest in, suddenly the majority have hidden their profiles or they're unavailable. Match is a scam. Nothing more. They continue to do the same things that they got busted for years ago.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I joined because... not any good reason I guess, except wanting to meet someone. Plus they had a special for three months. Which is what I signed up for. They weren't real happy when I canceled immediately so I wouldn't forget the auto renewal. Right off the bat there were strange profiles of young girls, between 25 and 30. Young to me. I'm 65. Sending me their picture with their phone number written on the photo. Now how does that get past their strict review of all photos posted. Not once have they let anything I posted go without reviewing it. So how does one slip one past the big kahuna. Unless someone in management is in cahoots with the scammers. I have had 10 to 15 young girls with phone numbers across their picture.

I have had a man write to me and tell me about his best friend who so happens to live in the same town I live in. I have had women write to me or me to them. But they only write one sentence for answers on anything that I ask. And they don't ever ask you any questions. I noticed that I was writing 2 or 3 paragraphs, to her one. I feel cheated and I don't think 99% of these people are even real. I have complained about the emails and profiles I have received. Even told them what I thought about some on from match in partners with the scammers. They really don't want to hear it. They want you to use the block user button. Problem goes away for you but does nothing for the next guy that may not be suspicions as I.

With all these good looking women wanting them it may be hard to resist and could lose their life savings. Match has this algorithm set up for the email you send them. It intercepts your mail to give you answers to the keywords you have used, that way the front office doesn't have to be bothered. I had pictures or screenshots of the women I am talking about. They are on my computer somewhere but I can't find them. If you are thinking about dating again do use Match.com. I wouldn't use any of them. What happened to truth in advertising? It somehow has been forgotten and not enforced so you can claim anything, sell it and not to worry make billions.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It's my duty to file a written complaint about meeting three men on this website emails, text some phone, never in person. I filed complaint to Match and said it would be addressed...it wasn't. They were able to Come back and scam other women. My advice is if they work in the oil business outside of United States and you have not met in person run for the hills. Wasted Time, had to change my phone, banking, internet, etc.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had a year subscription with Match.com and stopped logging in about 3-4 months ago because it just wasn't worth it. The free services are a better ROI. When I tried to log in to make sure I could cancel my subscription, my login wasn't working. When I tried resetting the password, I never got a link in my email to reset it. I chatted with a representative after numerous tries and was informed that the security team detected suspicious activity on my account and that my previous account is completely unrecoverable.

She then went on to say that she turned off automatic billing for my account. When pressed about how she could do that if my account was unrecoverable, she wouldn't elaborate. When I asked why I wasn't notified about the suspicious activity, she wouldn't elaborate. When I asked if there was a data breach, she wouldn't elaborate. I then found out that Match had a problem back in April 2018 about old accounts becoming active again. When I asked about that in the context of a data breach, she wouldn't elaborate. Since it's not a matter of if a company gets hacked, but when, I'm guessing Match.com has a problem that they haven't come out in the press about.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I signed up last week and I’ve received 5 emails from members claiming to be speaking for a friend, boss, coworker, etc. 2 of them included a phone number so I Googled them and as I expected they were scammers. I’ve cancelled my subscription and intend on filing a complaint with PayPal which is how I paid for my subscription. They need to be investigated by the FCC!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 12, 2018

Now that Match.com only made $1.2 billion dollars in 2017, it has become the national and probably international market dominator, they do not like to give full refunds for accidental subscription, purchases, 8 yrs ago they did. So what Match does is if you've subscribe in the past, in my case one year ago. If you are not currently subscribed, and you cruising profiles they have a one click purchase screen with a 6 months membership $132 already pre checked, and your credit card info. So if you click on emailing someone and you're not currently subscribed the screen will pop up, whatever you do, do not click it. Hit the back key, otherwise you end up with $132 charge.

Also, they did not send me an email confirming my Match subscription and the charge on my credit at time of clicking. I found out the next day by checking my bank account online. I HIGHLY SUGGEST IF YOU GET ON MATCH DO SO FROM YOUR PC, their mobile purchase procedures border on deceptive business practices.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I signed up and paid for 3 months service. After 1 month, I was notified my account was terminated for violation of the User Terms. I responded in shock wanting to know what I did wrong and their arrogant response was "get a search warrant and subpoena us to court if you want to know why we canceled your account". I did nothing wrong like use profanity, revealing photos, nor harass anyone.

I know that my ex-girlfriend stalked me on Match right before I was terminated as I saw where she viewed my profile a day or two before I was termed. I believe she (a non-paying viewer) made an erroneous complaint to Match about my account as a retaliation effort since I broke up with her a month before. If so, they took her word and didn't justify why they did this to me. Ironically, my POF account got deleted the next day also and I saw where she viewed my profile there also so I know why this happened.

As for the money I was out, I filed a complaint with my CC company and they refunded me the two months I prepaid that MATCH refused to refund me. I did meet a really nice woman from Match (in the short month I had an account) however, we mutually didn't have a 2nd date but was happy to have met her. My advice is to steer clear of Match. If you do use them, go month to month and use a prepaid CC.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Match is HORRIBLE and FRAUDULENT. I have never once given Match any bank information but somehow they found it and took $80 UNAUTHORIZED from my account. I emailed my bank immediately and am fighting for a refund. I am disgusted. It's nothing but a scam!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been on Match.com for about 4 years in and out. I have always done the 6-month subscription and still never met anyone. It is just a money-making business. They would make you pay extra for the value package and promise you that your profile will be highlighted, but it is not true. I tried each of the packages and each time I still have to pay an extra $2.99 per day (for my profile to be highlighted so many people can contact me) after I have already paid for an expensive subscription. They probably will never highlight your profile unless your subscription is about to expire just to keep you paying. The discount that they offer is not a genuine discount. It is their way of getting people to subscribe. Nothing but a scam… Do not subscribe.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I want to break down my experience so far with Match.com into two basic pieces. The first part is the system itself. Like many have eluded so far, there is a constant barrage of upgrades. I decided to go for the 6 month subscription. About 1.5 months in, I've sent out hundreds of messages I'm not sure if the profiles are real or if they're not interested. Many seem to be "unread". I also think it's crazy that people think the perfect person is within 50 miles or whatever from their location.

Anyways, the filtering is very mechanical and people are basically turned into stats. So really, if you want to try it, you pretty much have to turn off the filters in order to get as many matches as possible. Many women seem to go with the "free option" and so it's my understanding they can't reply. I didn't pay extra so they can respond based on other reviewers here. I found that I was constantly bombarded with upgrade messages, it was awful. It seemed like a waste of money to me.

The second part is about the people. I'm not a tall man - and I'm okay with it. IN real life, I am sociable and meet new friends. If you're under 5'9" then you might want to spend some money learn how to dance or something and put your self out there in the RL. All the stuff that the women put on their profile about wanting honesty, a sense of humour... someone who isn't shallow, won't matter if you get filtered out based on stats. Even the women that are like 5'0 were looking for men over 5'9. It was kind of insane and if you're not strong on who you are, it can beat the crap out of your own confidence.

I'm also separated, which was a negative point for many who would have rather me not be married or divorced. I managed to connect messages with one who thought I was a "good guy" but didn't want to get involved unless I was divorced. I think the funniest reply I got after pouring my heart out was - "Your message was well thought out and written..." I appreciated the honesty that I got, but two replies out of so many sent? Considering many women complained about the pervs, losers, liars, or one word messages, it's pretty interesting that when I'd write to them, I'd get nothing back. I'm okay with not being their "type" whatever that is - but I think it's honestly kind of rude not to answer back.

My hope is that when I cancel my subscription - I won't get charged again! I don't care about the refund issue. It sucks, but that is the way it is set up and you agree to it when you set it up. Just check your credit statement and make sure they're not overcharging you or running up charges for nothing. Beyond that, the people that seem to suck just come out in droves to take advantage of those who are looking for their perfect match. Spend your money on something like a singles events club - then at least you meet them for real so that is a way better start than expending your energy on endless messages and pictures to only find out it's fake or they're not real.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I signed up on Match.com in March of 2016. Between that time and now (June 2018) I have had contact with four people: one lived in another country, two others were scammers using some kind of automated chat bot, and the other person was 20 years younger than me. The first three were within the first couple of weeks of me signing up for the site, and the last one was about a month ago. In between, nothing.

If you live in a small town, don't bother with Match.com. You'll get the same tiny handful of "matches" over and over with people who haven't been on the site in months and are using cut and paste one-sentence biographies; sometimes you'll see the exact same bio five or six times in a row. Despite being able to specify what you're looking for (and not looking for) in a match when searching, you'll still get matches with people who don't fit your search criteria. Examples: if you're looking for non-smokers and non-drinkers you'll still get matched with smokers and drinkers; look for agnostics or non-religious and you'll get matched with Bible-thumpers; search for certain physiques and you'll get matched with people who *don't* have the physique you're interested in. What's the point of having a detailed way of filtering search results if you still get matched with anyone?

And if you do find someone who seems like a good match, chances are they live hundreds of miles away from you. This will sound cynical, but if you see a person with an attractive profile picture on Match chances are that person is a scammer trying to swindle you out of your money and the picture was found by typing "hot women" (or "hot men") into Google image search. One person I was matched with had a picture of the actress Blake Lively on her profile. Lively is married, so she's probably not using Match.

Lots of attractive people have looked at my profile, but when I clicked on their profile it was gone because the person was probably a scammer who got caught and had their profile deleted. Match is full of predators who are only interested in one thing: your credit card number. And when the person is real, half the time their profile picture is of their dog or a tree. Other times the pictures are obviously years old. Or there's no picture at all. Sometimes these people are escorts looking for clients.

Unlike other reviewers, I didn't have any problems cancelling my membership. But when you do cancel you'll start getting emails from Match saying you've got a bunch of "likes" and "favorites" to try and entice you to sign up again; you can't see who these people are without paying first, though. Wow, what a coincidence I started getting notifications from interested people two days after my membership expired! This happened more than once, so it's obviously a ploy by Match to get you to renew your membership again. Don't make the same mistake I did. Twice. Fool me once... Instead of spending money on Match.com, take that money and go to a bar or strip club. You'll at least get something for your money and you might even find your perfect "match." That's what I should have done. Disillusioned.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I paid for the 1 month subscription, $32, next day my account was blocked... I sent some messages to people I liked, didn't use any bad language, I wanted to find a wife... so they blocked account, and next are responses from they "support team": 1) "Thank you for contacting Match Customer Care! Your inquiry has been submitted to our customer care representatives for handling. You will receive a reply within 48 hours". This is your first reply.

2) "I’ve reviewed your account and based on the findings, I need to escalate your concern to a different department. I am emailing your inquiry now and someone should respond to you via email within 48 hours". This is your second reply. 3) "Please know that due to our Terms of Use, your Match account has been terminated. We believe this action to be in the best interest of our member community". This is third reply. 4) "Please note that we have made several attempts to answer all your questions and this is the final email you will receive from us on this issue. If you have other questions, please let us know". They didn't do any attempts to explain anything to me. The company is playing on feelings of people, the way they do business is disgraceful. I am glad I just paid for 1 month, cause obviously nobody is going to refund the money.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I signed up for Match.com and paid for three months of service with them. After using it for about one month they “Match.com” for whatever reason decided to deactivate my account. Upon contacting support they could not give me any ideas why they did that. Also they will not able issue a refund. So I said, "Well I don’t know what may be wrong with my account so why don’t you let me try to correct it. Please reactivate my account so I can make whatever adjustment might be required." They keep saying “NO sorry we can’t, only thing we can do is escalate it.” Once escalated they say the same thing basically; without the ability for correction of the account with NO refund.

Please everyone this service they provide appears that they can just steal your money without cause. And/or they will not give you any details as to why if they so choose to. I feel that they have robbed me, so I just want to let all of you know that it appears that they don’t really care about you, and that they just want to rob you of your hard earned cash. PS: I have concluded to compose this email to update you my fellow patrons what could happen if you so choose to sign-up with Match.com service they offer. If by offering my testimony it may help someone avoid this in the future then it was worth it. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I tried Match.com for the first time and met my future wife. There seemed to be a lot more woman available than on any other site that I had tried before. The process of contacting possible eligible woman was much more easier than on other sites. The very first woman I contacted later married me a few years later so I was very happy with my experience on this dating site.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I gave Match the benefit of the doubt and actually expected they would fix what I HOPED was just a technical glitch. But I'm here to warn you, do not give this company any money! They don't care a single iota about their customers and, after a quick Google search I discovered they have a nasty habit of blocking accounts for no reason. I created an account, tried to message someone, (not realizing you have to be subscriber) and then just kept getting error messages on and off before I was finally blocked from logging in at all. I thought surely it's just a glitch, so I tried again with a different e-mail address. I was blocked before I'd even finished setting up my account. I thought surely it's just because I'm not subscribed and since I couldn't log in to purchase a subscription, I set up yet another account but this time subscribed up front.

Same thing happened again. I can't log in, can't do anything. I have not violated Terms and Conditions in any way, shape or form (how would I? I can't even get my profile filled out!) and yet, I received an e-mail informing me that my original account was blocked due to a violation which Match cannot disclose due to their privacy policy and the exact same e-mail to my third, subscribed e-mail address! I'm leaving this review on every site I can find so as few people will get taken in as possible. I'm also reporting them to the BBB... which apparently has been done before and Match said they would remedy the issues after getting a poor rating. What a pity it's been a year and nothing has changed!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I was on Match.com. I thought I had the perfect soulmate. But all of a sudden they would give no phone numbers to talk to the person I was trying to be friends with. Then I called the number and all it say was it was a text email. No phone number. I understand that it being a dating site but wow they got me good. Please whatever you do do not use them. They are not a good company to deal with. They deal with people’s emotions. I would suggest to really check them out. Run as fast as you can from this so called company.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Match.com provided an "offer" to purchase a membership for 6 months and receive an additional 6 months for free if within the first 6 months no match/connection had been made. Unfortunately I didn't dig deep into the Pandora's box of rules and didn't realize that I needed to contact 5 people a month to now qualify for the free 6 months. So bottom line, I don't qualify and Match.com will not honor the agreement. Let it be known that I've sent out 46 messages within the 6 months just not the "required" 5 a month. Let it also be known that out of the 46 messages sent I've received 6 replies. Match.com is a joke!!! Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

Original review: May 29, 2018 I was sold a membership. I was on the site less than 48 hours and was suddenly and without notice taken off the site. I am a Christian women, very, very conservative. My communication with other members on the site reflected my Christian values and I was taken off the site without explanation. I realize that these accounts can be hijacked and used by others in order to scam other members but if this happened, I should have at least been told by Match.com that this had happened but they would not even investigate the matter and give me some sort of explanation. I wrote to them 3 different times and each time, they replied with the same callous answer that I was taken off due to the terms and conditions of the site. This legal answer still left me feeling violated. They just plain don't care.

Bottom line, I am extremely disappointed with my experience on this site and I would not recommend it to anyone with breath in their body.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Awful, avoid Match.com at all costs. Firstly, the site is full of fake profiles that waste your time. Every time you login you're greeted by incessant pop-ups to try and make your spend (more) money to get features that should be free to users (incognito mode, profile 'boosts'), your matches are arbitrarily selected it seems and based on loosest fitting criteria of profile selections. Finally, the customer service team are inept, slow, patronising and don't comply with requests from customers for accounts to be deleted - given it's GDPR day perhaps they should be taking this more seriously. Absolute waste of money and time. Avoid.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I got Match Tuesday night for 1 month. Less than 48 hours later I only got 3 emails and sent 1 out. I asked for a refund but since I used site services, that 1 email, I can't get a refund. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Luckily it was only 1 month.

Original review: May 22, 2018

STOP. Don't waste your money. I've learned the first thing you look for when a man contacts you is his job. If it says self employer or entrepreneur it's a scam and they're going to want to talk to you immediately off the site, they're going to hit you up for money. I've received so many emails stating that they found their match, but his or (usually) her friend saw my profile and want me to call or email him off of the site. What a scam. You put in a certain age group and distance and the filters don't work because everyone likes you and emails you. I'm in PA, I've had men from FL, TX, IN, WY, MD, ND contact me.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Match.com out-of-the-blue decided to suspend/cancel my account on Saturday, 5/12. I called them on Wednesday 5/16 to try to resolve this issue. Steven, the agent I spoke to at Match.com customer service, assured me that it would be resolved and that I would get an email from his supervisor that would allow me to change my current password and be able to access my account again. I never got the email. I called the next day (5/17), spoke with 2 different agents and was told that they nor their supervisors could help me. They said unless I received the email from their corporate office, I no longer have access to my account or my credit card information. I cannot believe they are getting away with this! Stay away from Match.com.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I signed up for 6 months. Honestly I had better luck finding dates on Craigslist. I went out with a total of 3 girls. Two of them were one time deals. The other one we went out quite a bit, then all of a sudden she flaked out on me. You will not meet the requirements for the Match guarantee thing. There are so many stipulations that you would never be able to fulfill. You have to stay active on the site the entire six months, you have to log in daily, you have to send out a minimum of so many emails to different girls (And you will find the supply of those are limited and within in the first month you have emailed them all.). Anyway you miss one thing and you don't get the guarantee anymore. I'm never using a pay site again. Like I said, I've had better luck on Craigslist.

Original review: May 15, 2018

It seems to me that there is no danger of me or anyone else getting a date using Match.com or any other dating site for that matter. Granted I haven't spent a ton of money on any one site. That's not the point. The sites I've signed up for all do the same thing. They paint such a pretty picture. They post images of women of all description. I've looked at so many pictures. I have made so many attempts to contact women. Some had pictures, some didn't. I'm not God's gift to women, I grant you that. So far not one of them has contacted me after months of trying. There is no way I can have such bad luck.

It is my assessment that Match.com and all the others are bogus. It's a total scam. They post pictures, tell me women have tried to contact me, I send replies to the women and guess what. I have never gotten an answer, not the first time. The federal government has shut down all the personnel on such sites as Craigslist and BackPage. They need to shut down these dating sites. All they're doing is bilking the public out of their money. In my view it's a rip-off.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I initiated a 3 month subscription with Match.com back in July 2015, and used PayPal as a payment. At the time, I was lead to believe that this was an UPFRONT payment that was to use the service for 3 months and then it`s done. I have continuously been charged every 3 months, since December 2015 at total of $71.95 US. Paypal records show they have withdrawn $863.65 US in the last 3 YEARS!! Unknown to me, their ~terms~ in small print auto-subscribe you! It`s by NO MEANS a ~one-time fee~. I called their customer service center, and the rep confirmed for me that my last recorded activity on the site was back in Oct 2015, which makes sense, since I thought I was done the 3 months (July 28th-October) and was NOT interested in returning. After that, they just kept billing me every 3 months!! He did return my last billed amount of $71.95 US, but what about the other $790 bucks??!!

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE to this company under any circumstances. What kind of company puts in an auto-subscribe into a pre-billed 3 month fee?? Auto-subscribe should always be something the customer voluntarily checks himself, since you are handling someone`s financial information. In my opinion, this is a misuse of financial information for the purpose of automatically securing financial gain from people who are either not reading the super-fine print, or missing the ~so called~ terms altogether. Shame on me for not spotting this sooner and that it took this long to notice. But I use Paypal sporadically and was not checking my account enough. Either way, it should have never happened.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I joined less than a week ago, and have received phishing emails numerous times daily. Every single one of these emails has been that a person has already found a match, but his or (usually) her friend saw my profile and want me to call or email him. At this rate, I have no idea which emails are legitimate and which ones are scams. I have called Match.com's customer service numerous times to search for resolution or a refund, but they refuse to let me speak to a manager, and then usually hang up on me (and I am not being rude). They have disabled the service I paid for without my consent. I am totally floored at the lack of professionalism and customer service they have shown paid customers. I would never recommend this service to ANYONE. RUN!

Original review: May 11, 2018

Very unsatisfied! I too, like many other reviewers, paid for a 3 month subscription. During that three month period, checking my daily matches mind you, I received no responses from any of my matches or anyone I messaged for that matter. The only responses I got were from guys who didn’t fit my preferences at all. Don’t waste your time on this dating site. You’re just throwing away money.

Original review: May 10, 2018

First of all the app is filled with many fake accounts. I paid for a 3 month subscription and didn't even speak with one person let alone meet anyone in person. So I canceled my account (or at least I thought since I had a page showing me "subscription canceled") only to find out on my auto-renewal date that I only canceled the add-on feature to my account. I didn't even know I had an add-on feature, nor did I know that I would have to go to two locations to cancel my account. I tried calling them to explain that I tried to cancel my subscription and it was unclear I had to hit cancel in two different locations, and they stated "I understand your frustration but we cannot give you a full refund, we have to charge you for this month". I literally called them within 10 hours of my card being charged and they still charged me $35 for a month of service I will never use. Complete ripoff. Buyer Beware.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Rather take a Match to $90. Pun intended. Worst service by an epic landslide. Filters do NOT work and never worked through my whole membership. Kept getting harassed by men 3x my age. I asked for 34-38 5 miles outside of Chicago. What I got was divorcees in their 60s all over the country! Called twice and they assured me it was fixed. It never was. They just shuffled me off. eHarmony was amazing and excellent service! I will happily go back. Burn in hell, Match.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Signed up today after reviewing what little I could on the site the night before. Upon subscribing, realized that in the hours since my profile was created, the MATCH system began sending out what they call 'YES' ratings on my behalf. I could not delete these ratings. I used the online 'chat' customer service to get them to delete them. The person on their end instead deleted the few YES ratings I had received even though I clearly noted that I was referring to the Sent folder not the Received and that there were over a dozen of them.

No recovery of that info (though I gather since this experience that the company manages to keep all our profile info even after we delete our accounts). They were not able to remove the YES ratings that their system sent out 'on my behalf' nor did they own any responsibility at first trying to blame me. I must have accidentally sent these ratings out. I corrected them as I had no idea what marking YES would do (and their FAQ doesn't clarify either). So as I told them, I only removed possible matches, accepting none as I previewed the night before. They then tried to get me to clean my browser history. I asked why. They didn't have an explanation. In the end, they refunded my hours-old subscription and put me back into basic service status, which is useless. I have edited my profile to explain their system glitch and that I'll be removing my account shortly. Least I hope I will be able to delete content.

I would NOT recommend this site to ANY female friends. Oh and the first message I received did feel like a scam message. Someone in BC asking me to contact their friend in TO who had seen my profile and really liked it. Oh and they were going to delete their profile as they had found someone. A lot of BS that I ignored. The other kicker is I live in a small community and among the YES ratings that were sent out from me by MATCH include two to people that would recognize me on the street, one of whom I have heard about and would never have contacted. When he popped up in my search field, I deleted him immediately. MATCH did the opposite and sent him a YES rating from me. UGH. What a world we've created for ourselves. Three strikes and they are out. So much for online dating.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information