3.9/5 (1588 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Match.com allowed me to select my preferences/create a profile and then started recommending folks with the exact opposite of what my interests were in a partner. I emailed them with photos and unmatched preferences but didn't get a reply. This is crazy and scary at the same time. This all happened in a few days of me subscribing to their services and paid $60.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Over 50 F here. I just signed up for match a couple of weeks ago after being off for years. I figured because they claim to have a huge data base of single men my age I'd have ample selections. Imagine my surprise to see a lot of the same mostly unattractive guys from when I was on before. The same old tired photos, the same lazy / partially filled out profiles, the same creepy ones, the same cheap ones who won't pay for a subscription, same crop that I have nothing in common with, the same ones who do not want anything more than a good time. It's like some sort of time warp. Lol. How do I get to see some new faces without lying about who I am or what I'm looking for?

And what's up with all the campers out there? Do I need to go visit the woods instead of the dating sites? Literally every man on Match lives for camping and hiking. The woods must be jam packed full of single men. Also, this site was advertised as a place to find a LTR and maybe even marriage. If that's your end goal try another site. Or, better yet, just stay single. It's a lot less frustrating.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Matches are supposed to be vetted. I was matched with the same person seven times but each time he had a different name and location. Same profile info and some same pics. The first time I was matched I corresponded with him and got a bad feeling so stopped. I would consider the site's lack of security regarding vetting unsafe. Just today I received a list of 10 men and this individual was on the list twice with 3 different names and 2 different locations. Appalling. Try another matching site.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Let's be honest, dating apps and the internet have made the search for 'the one' all the more challenging. Who knows who is really on the other end. My experience ranks Match.com towards the bottom of the list. The men are low quality. Either struggling with mental illness, addiction, low intelligence, married or god-forbid "separated" but still living with an ex. I think generally this site is geared towards a middle age hook up culture or men looking for phone numbers in order to get attention, validation at the push of a button and not suited for stable professionals looking for a quality partner and serious long term relationship. As an aside, don't give out your phone number to someone you have never met! Wait at least until the 2nd or 3rd date and know you want to continue communication.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Years ago I was on Match and found it useful to connect with women with whom I had things in common, a few of whom I met and liked, and one of whom I had a nice relationship with. But that was then. Today's Match is horrible and borderline useless. Here's what I don't like: Match crops your pictures, often cutting off half of your head, and there's no way to correct that. Trying to figure out how to create a profile essay is nearly impossible although it can be done if you try hard enough through trial and error.

Unlike the Match of days gone by, you can't write an essay about the kind of woman you'd like to meet. The current Match has a list of things you like/don't like, believe/don't believe, but it doesn't allow you to answer; it gives you a list of pre-selected responses that don't necessarily reflect your views. It's all become very superficial. Over time Match has become a big corporation, and like all big corporations, it cares nothing about you. It just wants your money. I'm sorry I was stupid enough to give it ninety days of my money. Don't give Match yours.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Scam.... Match.com is a business.... Match.com NOT about dating or matching.. It is about: getting your money, false advertising, hyping up their site, misleading information, fake profiles, ... just so you can sign up. You.. are the product... That is why they are being sued.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Please be wary of joining plenty of fish dating app, owned by Match.com, it has no screening process of convicted criminals. It is extremely easy for men to create fake profiles and abuse women. And vice versa. After joining this site and meeting a man off this site I had to make a report to my local police re in person and online criminal stalking which lasted for more than 2 years. When I reported this to plenty of fish they did nothing about this man and his access to women via this site.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Simply put, Match.com is a scam. They don't tell you that if you write to a person interested in you, that the person cannot read your message unless they pay or you pay for them. Also, they continue auto-renewing payment from you credit card after you canceled. The only way to stop the charges is by calling your credit card company and blocking them. I can go on and on, but you get the picture. Advice, stay away from the scam that is Match.com!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I am a premium subscriber (sub) of Match.com (M.com) till November. I agree with many reviewers as this is a scam site “run by morons and supervised by monkeys”. One 3 months sub is enough and make sure to opt out of “auto-renew” before it expires. Here’s observations and cautious notes!

1_ Archive all emails that have your hopeful match, send “Likes”, “Hello Who” to keep them in your portal as you will not see them again after 5 weeks when M.com starts automates messages, send ‘liked” of 97% non-sub who has none of your preferences. Why pay extra to boost sub when no “Likes” to send but zombies.

2_ M.com “saved search” and HELP’s pages are useless as I asked them 3x to reload profile of “Chris” who could be a former colleague of years ago. A simple task but M.com refused! Perhaps, M.com may send “boost your sub” or “Chris likes you” when my sub is about to expire_ “Treat or Trick”?

3_ It’s RED flag when scammers who “likes” you without dated pictures; use “alias” name, short profile but match yours: “retired/financially secure”, “give me your p#”, then disappears for days till “. busy at work”, “. just sold house”, “.money to travel” _ Do your own “Likes” since M.com does nothing for you!

4_ Thus far, I rejected 5, being rejected 6. Also had 5 scammers with 3 asked for phone # on 1st contact. NEVER give your # till face to face meeting. One blocked my file when I refused to give my #. Use M.com “start message” instead. Scammers know “your phone connects to what you own”. But, I indeed had 1 Match’s dinner date but later found we had no chemistry due to her works and other interest!

5_ I paid $90/6m premium sub but also made 20x of the cost by trading Match group (MTCH). How? MTCH owes M.com. Since May, I traded MTCH 4x then $59 to $70/s when it missed earning in August. If MTCH misses earning again, M.com spin-off?, price is $38/s...

I will not renew and send receipt of cancelation to M.com. Remove all pictures, info and block my profile. Good luck.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

This company is unethical and dishonest. I had a mileage of 25 miles, and when I bought a subscription they expanded it throughout the US without my permission. I sent several emails-no response. Then I called; they refunded my money. A few months later they rebilled me, I called and they wouldn't refund my money. I would never recommend them; you're sure to lose your money.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information