3.8/5 (1107 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I paid for a 1 month membership and had an issue soon thereafter where I was locked out of my account. Whenever I put in my username and password, I would get a message that said, "For your safety, please request a new password (forgot your password link)". When I clicked the link, I never received a followup email. I made at least seven attempts to reach out to technical support over the course of 8 days. I received one reply on day 3 that did not resolve my issue and nothing thereafter. I notified them three business days in advance that I would be disputing the charge on my credit card on day 9 because I was not receiving service. No response. I disputed the charge on day 9.

On day 11 I finally received my second response from technical support. They thanked me for the time I took to contact them. They apologized. They notified me that because I disputed the charge, they decided to terminate my subscription and that my account was no longer accessible. They thanked me for my understanding, let me know that if I needed anything else to let them know, and told me to have a great day. I even got an exclamation point, "Have a great day!". Well, thank you. I see no practical difference between account lock out and account termination. What a difference it would have made to have someone help me through my problem.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I am from middle east and in mid thirties. I get a lot of likes and messages daily which make me a bit scared. Is Match.com for long-term relationships or hookups..? The website does not have video/voice call feature to make sure they are real - not scammers.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2022

March.com, is not easy to navigate. I had to either go to their help section or just google for the answer. I found users to be insensitive by not, at least, responding to a nicely written message. I canceled my membership within two months.

Original review: July 11, 2022

The company has very low traffic, so its promise to deliver an experience falls way short of expectations. The app is extremely glitchy and always crashes. Now for the FRAUDULENT part, this company invoices auto-renew without any kind of consent or warning. You will be billed even after cancelling your membership and there is no way to get credit even if you address the issue one day after the billing. the app re-instates the auto-renew feature if you remove it and re-install it even though you previously cancelled it. Don't get caught in this trap.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I just signed up, paid for 3 months and called 4 TIMES in 2 days, different people telling me different things. They said it was a technical issue, received email that my account was suspended because I violated their policy and the ONLY thing I wrote in my description was that I’m very conservative. That’s all..No violence, no fraud, no nothing, never had problems in my entire life…War against conservatives!

Original review: June 9, 2022

The biggest mistake I ever made. They only give you limited access of what you can do to your account THAT YOU PAY FOR. They need to do a better background on these people. They need to have a way for you to unlike someone if you change your mind about them. They also need to give you more time to decide if you like their -website- two days just isn't enough time. You're stuck with the payment if you decided that you changed your mind. There's way too much to for me to say. But I will say this if you decided on Match good luck to you.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Do NOT waste your time or money on Match.com. Let’s forget about the fact that most of the people on here are mouth breathers who are in desperate need of a bath. 2/3’s of the Top Picks on the site are NON-SUBSCRIBERS. If you are a subscriber and message a non subscriber they won’t receive your message unless they rejoined or YOU PAY FOR THEM to read it. Stupid. I wasn’t happy with their unethical business practices and so I not only canceled my subscription, but I also got a FULL REFUND. I’m sure most people don’t think it’s possible. Get your $ money back.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I spent a considerable amount of time filling out the questionnaire, including their added feature called "Dealbreaker". If dealbreaker is checked off, Match will not send you any matches that do not exactly meet your criteria. For example, I checked off ** as a dealbreaker. So why would they email me matches of ** men? Their reasoning is that when the "System" runs out of ** matches, it automatically emails you other ethnic matches. Their term dealbreaker does not apply.

In addition, they don't vet their members. I had a couple unpleasant experiences with men that were married or had serious psychological issues. How do I know this? I just googled their phone number. But match does not do this, they do not do anything to make sure their members are legit. The first month that I joined I was getting great responses from matches that met my criteria, but as time went by, the matches they emailed me were very random. Very few met my criteria. Moral of the story- there are many dating websites out there. Dont' waste your money or your energy on this one

Original review: May 8, 2022

Hi, I have paid for one month on Match.com, 39 euro, at 2 stages, over 2 years. In both instances, there have been no replies from women, for approx 18 mails sent. It is as if the women are all just looking, but not paying. I was getting matches who were too far away. Overall for money spent, I found this site disfunctional. I am in Ireland. I am 20 years on different dating sites, and am still the bachelor. It is a draining scene.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I joined Match and after a week saw that it wasn't performing like I had hoped. The amount of people available and the amount I liked and messaged versus how many of them viewed my profile. So I was unhappy after a week and called customer service for a refund. They refused to give me one, said I only had 2 days to do that. I told them just prorate it for the week I used. They refused and have stuck me with a service I don't want for 6 months. SO REMEMBER IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOU HAVE 2 DAYS!!!

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information