3.10/5
Based on 1,341 ratings submitted in the last year

2973 Match.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I'm sympathetic to all these people having a bad experience on Match, but I can't relate to any of it. I've been on the site off and on for years and never had a problem. Women write me, I write them, we exchanged numbers, and I go on dates. From my perspective, it works exactly the way a dating site is supposed to.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

This is the worst experience I have ever had a with a dating site. I 100 percent regret paying a dime for this. Horrible quality of men on here and their "matches" match you with people that do not match, not to mention creepy old men in the fifties and sixties try to email me. Uhm, I'm 30. Disgusting. WASTE OF $$$$$. WASTE OF TIME. DON'T SPEND A DIME!!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

So far when I get any attention from good looking ladies they turn out to be scammers. The first scamming experience took me for a ride for about 2 weeks before I caught on. The more we communicated the more things didn't add up. I asked for pictures and eventually had quite a few. I ran the images through Google's image search and one of her pictures turned up on another site that was not her. I sent the site link to her and never heard back again. Now, after only a few messages I can pretty much tell they are a scammer. Usually their pictures are pretty and a lot younger than you but it is their message you have to pay attention to. I'm out of here. If you are feeling bad about yourself in any way, Match will make you feel worse. After all, scammers look for people who look vulnerable and it's disheartening to think your image attracts these kind of people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I purchased my subscription. 12 hours later I cannot access the site. I call customer support and they say I have to send them 100 dollars so their fraud team can get to work on fixing the issue. Long story short. DO NOT DO IT!!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

7-31-2019 Thinking about joining Match? Let me share with you my latest Daily matches from Match. I live in Georgia near Atlanta. Yesterday, when Match sent me my daily matches, one person was from VA. 275 miles from where I live. (I checked it on MapQuest). Today had a big whopping 6 matches! All 6 lived in other states and NONE were from Georgia! I've had to email Match and explain that I don't think it reasonable to be getting all out of state matches. The person I spoke with confirmed that my preferences were "matches living within 25 miles", and promised to correct this problem. Well that was about 6 months ago and still hasn't been solved. Once they have your money, They don't care about your problems! I've been a member for two years and haven't been satisfied at all. Save your money. Don't waste it on Match.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I joined with an open mind and right off the bat started talking to some men. However they were not real. They used fake profile pics, stated they were in CA and they were in Nigeria. I was able to piece this together by doing a reverse image search and found the real person in the picture. Too many red flags and Match.com does literally nothing to safeguard you from these scammers. I reported the scammer to Match.com and received no response from Match.com, nor was the profile removed. Since I paid for the service I went on and found 5 additional profiles that were fake. Before I canceled I was again contacted by another scammer. If I can spend 15 minutes researching this why can't Match.com for the safety of their members. I was sad and disappointed, perhaps I was a target because I am a widow. But it isn't worth it, other sites do a better job vetting and verifying it members.

Original review: July 30, 2019

So here is my experience. Most the accounts are old inactive ones that Match doesn't age out of their pool to make it look better. Lots of obvious scams that somehow make it through the profile screening but if you want to post anything like "I am taking a break and won't be responding" to your profile they block then change with a message you cannot reply to stating your update was rejected because it references violence or illegal activity. ZERO customer support and ever escalating costs. Also, they had a Match event in my city of 1.25 million, I went and was the only one there. Literally just me. Given my experience I can see why. All the claimed members in town when I search are likely people that joined earlier, realized it is a scam and quit but Match keeps using their profile to trick others into the same.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I was on Match in 2018 with limited results. I joined again in June 2019. To be fair, I've had zero problems with the software or hackers from Mongolia. I've figured out how to determine if users are paid members by the green or yellow dots. Sadly around 80% of the listings seem to be expired. The other 20% are populated by either fake profiles or really are tall, snooty rich white women who seem to spend a lot of time on expensive vacations in Europe or Fiji. Roseville CA is a pretty conservative area so I didn't have high expectations but in 3 weeks I haven't met anyone face-to-face. You can get likes, correspond once or twice then it all stops. I say don't waste your money here; there must be a better way!

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information