Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (1605 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 19, 2021

I was a widow and joined Match in 2009. I exchanged chit chat with a few people and made arrangements to meet one person at the Elks for a beer. He was a no show and his reason was - after he re-read my profile he realized I was a Taurus and he felt our signs clashed. I'm glad he was a no show because that kind of thinking is too weird for me. The second person I met lived 2 hours away and we both decided it was too far to meet in the middle. The third person was a winner. We met in a public place the first time and dated for over a year. We've been living together since 2010 and have built a home together. I love telling people I met him on Match. There are relationships that are made in Heaven or on Match.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The site is well organized and kept up to date with plenty of information. What I find is that pictures being posted by participants are not what they look like today. It would help if the site would state, "photo posting public must be no more than 3 years old".

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

This site requires more money for additional features. I don't think I should have to pay that much for additional features. It's difficult to maneuver the website and there's one feature that is not helpful. If I don't choose a match, I have to keep moving, it's not a maybe and that should be changed.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Following my divorce after 17 years of marriage, I was hesitant to try any type of site for dating, particularly worried for my privacy and safety. But utilizing Match.com I've been able to meet quality people, despite not yet meeting my long-term partner yet. The dating site is simple and easy to navigate, giving me the ample amount of information and insight to the persons I'm interested in meeting or speaking to. It gives me a few way to send flirts and list secret crushes, which is somewhat fun! :)

Original review: June 12, 2021

I really enjoyed being on this app. I did not find my current partner on this site but I met a few interesting people who I am still friends with to this day. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone looking to find a partner or even a friend.

Original review: July 8, 2021

1) Their algorithm does not work. I put very specific settings, even set them as “dealbreakers” and would still get likes and messages from 100+ people a day who didn’t match my settings, it was exhausting. Not only that but I’d say 20% of the messages I received from these men were inappropriate and made me feel objectified. Ex: One guy told me he wanted to tickle my feet so I responded saying how inappropriate it was and then he said he wanted to lick my toes. Another guy was offended that I never responded to him, after I responded letting him know my dog had passed and wasn’t checking Match, he told me to “** you and your dead dog”. Yes, I blocked both of them.

2) After this horrible 48 hour experience on Match, I tried to cancel. I had purchased a 6 month installment plan ($27 a month). I called Match and told them about my experience and that I no longer wanted to use their site, that I cancelled my subscription after 2 days and they refused a refund. I waited on hold for 45 minutes to speak with a manager. Horrible customer service. 10/10 would NOT RECOMMEND MATCH.

Original review: June 30, 2021

The latest round of marketing, to include their new commercial (June 2021) is beyond repelling and off putting. So much so that I am disgusted enough to write this review. I will personally never use your website now and several account holders I know have cancelled their accounts because of their new marketing tactics. No one I know will personally continue to use or support your company.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I joined Match.com and had a great experience. I met decent guys who were not crazy stalker types. I actually ended up marrying one of them 8 months after we met, and we have been married over 4 years!

Original review: June 20, 2021

The App is rated 3.5 by Google Play which is generous because it hardly works. You set preferences like gender or religion and they email you matches that are wrong. Not easy to cancel, no trial period if you pay and site is bad. No 24 hour Customer Service.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Too many notifications of ppl that you haven't even like or search for. Too pricey for what you get out of it. I see very unprofessional ppl use the app and is very disturbing to not have a guideline of what to post or say when contacting others.

Match.com author review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information