Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.91/5
Based on 1,335 ratings submitted in the last year

Match.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

The matches were very good. It is extremely hard to find good singles in South Florida. I never viewed any of my matches as a bad match or a waste of time. Each date was a good experience for me and taught me more about want I really needed in a partner each time. I would recommend Match.com to anyone. Bottom line, I am now married to my last match.com match!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I had a great experience using Match.com. I wanted a dating site that gave me more info on someone than just a short description they wrote on themselves and a bunch of pictures. I liked that Match allowed people to use more details about their current situations and their past. I had enough dating in the past of randomly meeting people. I knew what I wanted and I was able to first only match with people who met my criteria for history, religion, job, kids, etc. This I feel made it a lot easier to just have to find a personality match. I ended up going on one date from Match.com and that date happened to turn into my husband. :) Who would have thought?

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I met my wife online and have been happily married over 10 years. The only thing that the other half has the ability to hide is their age. My wife put her age in there as 3 years older than I was but she was actually 9 years older. She told me a few months later but I told her it didn't matter. I married a cougar ha ha!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Well, Match was a good website overall for me. Due to long work hours and kids, the only opportunity I had was to come online to look for a man. I matched a good looking guy, and we connected almost immediately. The sad part is I was defrauded by this guy and he wasn't who he said he was at all, I have been so embarrassed to talk about this to anyone. I didn't get any help till I did... Anyway I was able to recover my funds using Global Elite Recovery and their skilled investigators, you can google them if you have been a victim of love fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Match.com is an online dating site that gives you a lot of flexibility in choosing who you contact and a wide search criteria. I met my wife of 7 years on Match. I feel that I was too old for the bar scene, and the nature of my job made it difficult, if not impossible to meet someone to develop a relationship at work. I've used other dating sites, and they tend to be more prohibitive to pare down the type of person you are interested in, you have to answer a litany of screening questions, etc.

Match.com does have its share of people looking to scam, hook-ups, liars, cheaters, etc., but a conversation or two and/or a quick meet-up for coffee or a drink can usually uncover those who are there for their own selfish reasons. Like anything else in life, timing and luck play a role, but for those who are looking to meet people for a potential relationship, Match.com is a option that can bring you in to contact to a potential partner you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Not only did I meet my wife on Match.com, but previous to that, I had a date that didn't work out romantically, but we ended up becoming good friends to this day, and I recently went to her wedding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: March 31, 2020

Match.com is an incompetent dating website. I had just registered, but immediately began to have problems. I was locked out of my account, and no reason was given. The website generated an automated response informing me to contact the company to get a new, temporary password. I did so, about a dozen times over the course of a few weeks. The website never responded to me, and never supplied a new password. No explanation for these things were ever provided.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I have met someone on Match.com who introduced himself as an attorney/businessman. After his attitude started to change I wanted to run a background check (2 months after we met) that I learned he was on probation by multiple fake IDs check fraud driving with a fake ID. After he learned I ran a background check he literally lost his mind. I suggest Match recommend or make background checks official. It has been the worst experience of my life. No thank you to match.com.

Original review: March 10, 2020

One feature I did not care for at ALL was not having the ability to remove "likes" from your list. In order to initiate contact with someone, you have to add them to your "likes" list. There were a few people that did not reply so I wanted to remove them from my list...but had no way to do so. According to a rep from Match's online chat help, at present (3.10.2020) the only way to remove them is to use the "block" feature. Fine if the person is truly not interested in you, but what if for some reason, they were not able to answer and then try later but can't because you blocked them? I get it: dating is a crapshoot. But for the amount Match.com charges, I expected a much better experience than this. I do NOT recommend.

Original review: March 9, 2020

For me the experience is very disappointing in general. They don’t allow you to be specific in your search so it’s overwhelming and discouraging to see the majority, by far, of people you’re just not interested in. I think the experience could make being single much worse for you if you’re actively seeking a relationship. There’s something so inauthentic about the whole online dating idea anyway that really I think most people don’t take the whole thing very seriously. It’s a very impersonal experience. I won’t be renewing. I hate to even look at the people who respond, the majority of which clearly didn’t read your profile. Waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Signed up and paid much more than I normally would have expected for their minimum 3 months. I used this site about 8 years ago and liked the way it worked. Now I can't do the searching I used to do and it looks like it is very controlled, like they do the picking. At least that was my experience after the first hour. THEN AFTER I PUT THE APP ON MY PHONE MY ACCOUNT WAS BLOCKED. 24 hours and three emails to their customer service and absolutely nothing from them. How can a company operate like this? Then I Google to see if this has happened to anyone else and all I am reading about is how awful they are to everyone else. What a nightmare. Why is this company still operating like this? What happened to consumer rights? No wonder all these other companies have entered the space.

I guess I will contact the BBB, go through social media and try and get their attention so I can get my money back. Looks like everyone else here is getting scammed though so my prospects look dismal at best. Thanks Match.com now the few contacts I made think I ghosted them ugh. And I would bet a small fortune they could care less about these reviews or any others that are posted.

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information