1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

2742 Match.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

First off I met my SO on Plenty of Fish, for free. So do that. Second, Match conveniently failed to process my cancellation in time before my renewal, then refused to refund me. So do you want to get your money stolen for a service that works better free? I will never use or recommend Match.com to anyone, they are thieves and liars.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Match will edit your profile without consulting with, or even informing you. Also, it has been blocking perfectly fine accounts without any explanation while leaving many true scammers to roam freely without any efforts to stop them. And for some sent messages it shows "Not Yet Read" to mean had not been delivered altogether. The customer service representatives are so unhelpful due to very strict and un-transparent policies. A nightmare to try to understand or reason about any of the above.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites & Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Be careful with MATCH.com! What they do is they secretly house your password and store your back information so that when you click on their website they actually push through and charge you for membership when you don't even sign up for it and here's what I mean by that. Basically I signed up for a membership and I canceled it so I would not be on a revolving membership; when I went back in to look at their membership I chose not to continue as a member, however they went ahead and push through my membership when I was no longer on a revolving membership. I clearly canceled out as a revolving membership. But they pushed it through because they had saved my password information and I called PayPal which they went ahead and they actually believed MATCH.com. I called my credit card company and they believed MATCH.com.

Now mind you I'm the consumer and they believed MATCH.com over me and I showed my companies that I clearly canceled out the revolving membership which should have showed that they could not push through my membership without me going in and clicking in and putting in my password and selecting how I wanted to pay. That was my issue with MATCH.com. I was never allowed to go in and put in my password and actually click my payment; so as you can see it's a total scam with MATCH.com. I will never ever use a online dating membership. It's really sad that you have to fight with these companies when they clearly store your information.

It's becoming really bad with online stuff to use and if we go to online this is one of the issues that we're going to have to deal with so I hate to really see brick and mortars being destroyed because online issues like this will continue to happen and consumers will no longer have any power we will be charged over and over again because companies will be able to house our information in their computers and we will have nothing to stand on because our credit card companies will not believe us they will believe the companies over us.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a Match profile over 10 years ago. It was active for about a week and then I canceled it. Here I am, 10 years later, eating breakfast with my wife and daughter, when I start to receive emails from Match saying that people are looking at my profile and sending me messages. After a few minutes of panic investigation, I realized that without warning, Match reopened my profile. There it was, in all its glory. The photo of me in my Mom's basement, all my profile information intact. Luckily, my wife has a sense of humor. I learned later that friends of my wife saw it and considered contacting her to let her know I was trying to cheat. When a user cancels a profile, they get the message: "Your account has been deactivated, but we'll hang on to your sign-in info for one year just in case."

Apparently not. I went back and forth with Match for several days and feel bad for the poor customer service rep I dealt with. It seems that after 1-year it still just sits there. They have said nothing about this and refuse to acknowledge that this is an actual issue. How does a company of this size, who specializes in facilitating relationships, cause an issue that could possibly wreck an existing relationship?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I did not want to pay a subscription fee until I knew whether I was comfortable with the site etc. And I also wondered about customer service if I had issues. So settled on the free week trial. The rep that signed me up for it made sure to tell me when I would need to cancel by so as not to be charged. She also told me if I canceled early the remaining days would still be available till the period was up. Wrong. I canceled 3 days before my week was up. Have not been able to use remaining 3 days. When I canceled online I was given a confirmation number and a message that clearly states the remaining days I could still send and receive messages. Again wrong.

So I called and spent a really long time on phone yesterday. Was told several times that if you cancel the free trial before end date you lose remaining dates. When pressed about whether it was false verbal advertising plus a refusal to honor what they sent in writing the rep kept saying we don't allow the remainder of the days. I asked for a manager. Was put on hold 4 times. Never got to talk to a manager. Rep finally said I could use my remaining days when I pointed out to him that no I still could not. He offered a few troubleshooting ideas which did nothing towards allowing me to open read messages and respond. He finally said it would need to go to technical.

Received message from tech support late morning today saying they could not address individual issues. And good luck. So called again. First rep said my connection was bad, to call back so did that. Second rep a woman have me same song and dance about how I could not use the remaining days now down to 2. So I asked her if she was saying they would not honor what they had said. Guess what? I got put on hold for awhile. She came back. Said they needed me to send a picture of my SS of their message. So she gives me an email address to send it to. An email address that does not work. So I go onto their site send a message via the link there. It will take 48 to 72 hours to respond. Wow. Just wow. I'm glad I did not leap to buy into a monthly subscription. Because it is obvious they do not value their customer base at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: April 17, 2018

I’d been trying to cancel the automatic billing for renewal of my subscription for over a week. However, as I’m told sometimes you cannot reach the site because you need to call in for a cookie to see the site. They say it’s a technical problem that just randomly happens. I don’t agree and believe it’s created to distract you from canceling. After trying many times I went and did other things and forgot to find out how to cancel and find out why I was blocked. Until this morning, when I see the charge went through my credit card. They’re going to lower the subscription to just a one month extension charge, but I’m still extremely dissatisfied. I don’t believe it’s just a coincidence that I couldn’t get on the website just at this time. I had previously had success meeting men in other cities, but not where I live now. I guess people aren’t using Match here like LA or Denver.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I signed up for Match.com around October for a 3-month subscription. I never got replies from people I was interested in, likely because they didn’t have membership. I stopped using the site. In January, my stupid account got auto-renewed at $77. I was pissed. I went on the website and turned off auto-renew. The company does not post their phone number or address on their site, only an email link. I sent them an email and demanded my money back, but all I got was a generic reply.

In April, my account auto-renewed again at $77. I was beyond pissed. I deleted the account and filed a dispute with my bank. My bank had informed me that there wasn’t anything they could do about it. After some research, I found a phone number for Match.com. The hard-to-understand-Indian-guy said the best they could do was charge me $50 for a one-month subscription (even though my account was closed one day into the billing cycle). I am so angry with this company, they will steal every penny they can out of their customers.

Original review: April 15, 2018

On 2/7/2018 I filed a complaint against Match.com and "won". They offered me a 3 month subscription at the price of one month $38.99. Yet they charged my card twice; once for a 1 month subscription, then again for the 3 month. Thank God I printed out what they did before they blocked me out of the account. The people behind Match are worst than some of the scum on the site. Because they have a large database doesn't make them better or reputable. People please go to eHarmony, a more superior site in terms of service and quality of men/women. Match.com operates very shady.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Under Basic membership I could 'wink' at someone every 24 hours - why I wonder, other than to suit Match themselves. Messages cannot be sent with Basic membership. When sending messages after upgrading hardly anyone replies and I suspect that many members use Basic membership and cannot even see messages, let alone reply to them. I do not trust the operation of most of the dating websites, although Match is not the worst.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have been on Match for 2 yrs. Sent 100s of emails to prospects. Many were never opened or answered. Went on 2 coffee meets. That went no further. Not happy, tried to cancel. Found out they had renewed my subscription without notifying me and refused any refund. Not a reputable business, all they do is sucker money out of you. Beware!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had an account for a whopping day. One day. I was billed an astronomical amount, sent several emails to customer service and was essentially told "sucks to be you". I felt this was unprofessional and called hoping to get a professional. Was told over the phone the same message of, "You should have known better"? Case in point they have something along the lines of "message for free", if you choose this they bill you $89 and some change. Absolutely absurd. Then they refuse to refund anything even though they misrepresented themselves. I would recommend people stay as far away from this awful company and their non-existent "customer service". They could honestly not care less about any user.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I deactivated my account in 2014. But I recently started getting emails from Match saying that I "caught someone's eye." I ignored it at first. When more started coming, I had them all sent to spam. I was just thinking it was a fluke. I checked my spam folder just now and it was flooded with Match emails. I logged back into Match to find that my account was reactivated. I deactivated it again... Hopefully it will stick this time. I never received an email saying that my account was reactivated so I can only assume that this was a technical glitch... But I am still very unhappy about this situation. I'm also noticing that I am not the only one this has happened to recently.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I joined Match 1.5 years ago, after 3 months I canceled as it was expensive and I wasn't getting quality matches. I tried to sign up again recently as I thought I would give it another try, lo and behold they terminated my account after I upload a picture, I had not message or contacted or viewed anyone, just created a profile and loaded a nice respectful pictures. When I sent an email to see why they said I violated their Usage Terms but could not tell me as per their privacy policy. I'm an educated productive member of my community with a good job in the finance world, for them to not provide a reasonable explanation is unprofessional and unacceptable, I would stay clear of this site.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I canceled my account more than 24 hours before the subscription ran out. Match acknowledged the cancellation but did not send me an email confirmation. 2 days later I was charged an additional month's subscription and told that I didn't cancel so I was charged based on an "auto renewal" clause. I never signed up for auto renewal, I followed their instructions on how to cancel, received immediate confirmation that I was canceled and they were "sad to see me go" and offered me 3 months for the price of one if I would stay. I still canceled and now I've been charged again, have no recourse other than to give them a 1 star review. I would give them zero if given the opportunity. I explained my situation to Match and they say there's nothing they can do. I don't buy that. I think they make their money off of people who don't know about the auto renew function and make no apologies for scamming their users. Shame on Match.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I signed up for Match.com with a paid subscription. Mind you this was the first time I have ever signed up for a dating service. Within an hour my account was terminated... Contacted the customer service and I was told that they will not disclose as to why I got terminated or any further details. I did nothing inappropriate to anybody... What a waste. Highly suggest you steer clear from this service. What a joke.

Original review: April 8, 2018

They currently advertise on TV: "Text 'Match' to 33898 and receive a 7-days free membership". I did so and created a profile, posted my photos, and then I also had to give them my credit card data and agree to be billed for at least one-month membership ($ 40), for which my credit card will be billed at the expiration of the 7-days trial membership, unless I cancel the membership before the expiration of those 7 days of trial. (You need to cancel it while being logged into your account.) If you do not give them your credit card data and you do not agree to pay for at least one month of their membership, they do not give you those 7 days of free trial membership that they promise in their TV advertisement, which makes their promise a willful misleading of customers - i.e. fraud and deception – and I was disappointed but this turned out to have been only the first of the many scams they do.

A couple of hours after I had paid for Match.com membership, my log-in was rejected and a pop-up window informed me that Match.com blocked my access to my account and I should send an email to their resolution center, which would respond in 2 days and fix the issue, unless it was a weekend because they do not work during weekends. Since it was Friday afternoon, my problem would remain unresolved for 3 days, I realized, and I would be thus left with only 4 days of my free trial membership. The same pop-up window informed me that I was also not entitled to a phone number of their customer service, which could resolve the issue faster (because it was still during the working hours on Friday), but which only the paying members may receive and talk to the customer service... but I WAS a paying member and yet they denied my rights to me. This was the third disappointment and deception but there were still more to come.

Since I could not understand why they had blocked me from accessing my account – and there was no reason for it whatsoever because neither my photos nor the text of my profile were offensive and I did not violated any rules - I tried to find some answers on Internet and checked if anyone else had encountered similar problems and how they resolved them.

It turned out that many other customers had experienced exactly the same issues - the access to their accounts was blocked as soon as they had agreed to be billed for a membership once the free trial period would expire - and from the posted complaints I also learned that those members' attempts to cancel their accounts and prevent the future Match.com's charges were futile too because Match.com kept denying their access to their accounts and kept telling them that only by being logged-in to their accounts they could cancel the future charges. Wow, it became obvious that Match.com might be doing these things deliberately and willfully defrauding people – and repetitively so - wow...

I sent an email to the address they provided and I described both my issue and the fact that I found also many other cases of the same kind on Internet... and that since there was no reason for the block of my access to my Match.com account, it could indeed be a scam... and that I demanded that they either immediately re-instate my access and membership or cancel my account and they should accept my said email as a written cancellation, since they were preventing my cancelation while being logged-in to my account... and that I was going to hand this matter to the police as a deception, fraud and attempted theft, unless they fix it within 48 hours.

Within less than 48 hours, they responded (even though it was Saturday) and explained that blocking my access was their mistake - a technical problem, they said - and that my access to my account was re-established. I tried to log-in and it indeed worked but my free membership was dismissed and I could not send or read emails... which made my access to my account and my membership useless... which I told them and requested that they restored also my 7-day free trial membership that they took away with that "technical error". They refused to do so, however, and offered a 3-day free membership, instead – more than half less than what they had promised – which again felt like a betrayal and deception.

I believed that this all might indeed be a planned scam that Match.com repeatedly carries out. In disillusionment, distrust and fear for new possible deceptions, I canceled my membership while I still could because I was again logged-in and my membership was still in the trial period that allowed cancellation. Since I am a thorough person and I am also not inclined to wrongful judgments, I wanted to find out what the truth was: whether or not Match.com indeed intentionally scams people and tries to steal their money. So I once again texted "Match" to 33898 and I received a 7-days free trial membership, upon which I created a new profile, posted my photos and Match.com again approved both my photos and my profile text. They also once again demanded my credit card and would bill me for 1-month membership if I did not cancel my membership within those 7 days of trial membership.

Guess what? My access was once again blocked a couple of hours after I created my profile, got both my profile and my photos approved by Match.com, and paid for the membership... I again received a note "send email to customer service to resolve the issue" and they again denied me the phone conversation with customer service, and they said they would respond to my email and resolve the issues in 2 days... They did not respond in two days, and also not in three days, so I wrote another email to them and demanded that they re-establish my access to my account or to cancel my account and my membership payment, since they were preventing me from logging into my account and canceling it by myself... and by that point in time I was sure already that this was indeed a recurring, willful deception that Match.com keeps performing and more: their PLANNED THEFT.

Since Match.com did not answer any of my emails and my requests to resolve this issue also in the next three days, I called my bank, explained the entire horrible experience to them, and they suggested canceling my credit card to protect me from Match.com's abuse and theft. They would also make a police report about Match.com's abuse, scams, fraud and deceptions, they said. Stay away from Match.com not only because they lie, deceive, steal your money, block you log in and ignore your requests to fix the issues but also because they have WAY LESS MEMBERS than they say they do! About two thirds of the profiles are fake: made up profiles of non-existent people, or profiles of people that canceled their memberships many years ago already.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I moved from VA to FL. I changed my location on the site but my matches don't move to FL. My profile looks OK with photos and true description but I only get a few matches. I wonder why they don't make the site better.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I took out a Match subscription last year. I cancelled it almost immediately specifically to ensure that automatic renewing was turned off and that is the only way that it can be done. I used my purchased and paid for 3 months and then did not renew the subscription. I removed the app from my phone/computer and turned off notifications and email contact from Match. I just got an alert from my credit card company that Match had just charged me for 3 more months. I had only recently started getting alerts from my credit card company. I went back and checked my bills and was shocked to see that Match has continued to charge me all of these past months. Stupid me for not checking my bills sooner.

I called your service department and was informed that the cancellation did not go through last year and there was no footprint to show I had requested a cancellation. I have talked to several friends that have used Match and was surprised to discover that I was not the only person that this exact same thing had happened to. I am not sure what your policy on this is but I was surprised the person that I spoke to was not allowed to connect me with anyone higher up the company than herself.

I was offered a $20.00 (paid 97.00 Canadian every three months) refund which I declined. She told me that she could take down my concern and forward it on but that I would get no response and no one would be able to refund me any more than $20.00. After quite a roundabout conversation I believe that I was told that if I email from the Match website my concern will go to someone other than her department. The fact that Match has NO way for a client to appeal a dispute or even formally register one (with feedback) is revealing. I expect a full refund for all money paid to Match after my initial payment. I have no idea where this email will end up but I hope it ends up with someone who actually cares. Thank you for any help you can give me. I TRIED TO SEND THIS EMAIL TO MATCH THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE AND NO MATTER WHAT I DID IT WOULD NOT GO THROUGH. Buyer beware - Match doesn't care!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Match.com does nothing to protect its customers. No background checks. No identity verification. Users can create profiles with whatever name they want to make up. Any identity they choose to be. I met someone from Match.com and we dated for several months before I found out his name wasn’t his real name, his identity wasn’t his real identity, and he was a registered sex offender who served 10 years in a New Jersey prison for rape. When I reported it to Match, all they did was pull his profile. Then I later saw him back on Match under a different name. Then a year later I saw him back on Match under another name. Match is happy to take your money... but does nothing to verify profile identities or run criminal background safety checks.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I didn't sign up to renew my subscription but they charged to my PayPal account anyway. I called immediately when I saw the charge on my account to cancel. They gave me a confirmation number and they told me that I will see the refund in 7 days. After 7 days, I called them because I didn't see my refund. They told me that when you cancel there is no refund. I will keep calling until I get my $197 back.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Where is the competition folks? Match.com is the worst dating site ever. I beg someone to come up with something to compete! They send ridiculous matches daily that have nothing to do with what you're looking for, they totally lie about the "guarantee" or it's free. They basically have no customer service and if you do attempt to call you will wait forever and they farm their help out to foreigners that don't speak English. They are just plain horrible.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My kids encouraged me to sign up for Match.com to find a new partner late in life. Within the first 3 days of subscribing, my email inbox was inundated with advertisements and images that actually were buttons and were set up for users (including myself) to accidentally click on, leading them to accidentally pay additional fees on top of their base subscription that they could not reverse. There were false promises of "likes" and "someone is interested", only to lead to upsells that caused a continuing outflow of money from my credit card.

It was a horrible experience overall, and I closed my account within a few days, kissing goodbye to my large payment for a 3 month subscription and the many fees I accidentally clicked on (but didn't confirm, yet still got charged). Very unprofessional. The website is extremely outdated, payment system is sketchy, and no billing transaction history or order number. Even finding true love is not worth this headache.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have had numerous enjoyable dates but so far haven’t found “the one”. My girlfriend is also on and has had zero dates. I’m not sure why only that she is looking for “Ken” and Ken is looking for “Barbie”. I don’t expect the perfect man to drop down from the heavens. Compared to other dating sites it’s minimally better. There are phony men on all sites just as if you met a creep anywhere else.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I had specific requirements that I listed for Match comparison and I was provided with women from the east coast, I’m on the west and 15 to 20 year age difference. I requested 10. Also you have to sign up for other features at extra costs to communicate with any potential matches.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've been on and off of Match over the years and have met a few quality people. BUT... I believe some men have not been happy with me because it has shown me online when I haven't been!! I've had a few guys pissed off at me (or it seems so in their text messages after a date). I had two dates with one guy and everything seemed fine. Right after the second date (dinner) I get a sarcastic text message saying "Well, I hope you enjoyed your free dinner!!" When texted him back to ask him what was wrong, he wouldn't tell me and said, "it's not going to work"??? Then another guy planned a really nice second date. He went out of his way to select a restaurant that I would love. We then went somewhere else for drinks. It was really thoughtful. Again the date went well and he was very into me. A couple of days later, I texted him to see how he was doing and he texted back that I was not his dream girl and that I should find someone else.

I couldn't figure out why these guys were getting so pissed off at me. Another time I was speaking to a guy on the phone (hadn't met him yet) and said I couldn't meet him on Friday night because I was going out to a movie with my mom (which I was). The next day on the phone he asked me if I was at a movie with my mom last night, because he went to show a friend my profile and it was showing me as being online. He said that was fine and he's got no right telling me what to do, but he thought it was odd that I'd lie that I was going to a movie when I wasn't. I swore to him that I was actually at a movie. Fast forward to now and I'm back on Match. I'm completely signed out of my account, but went on a friend's profile (with friend being present) and searched for myself and there I am... ONLINE!!! No wonder these guys were mad. They take me out for a nice dinner and then they see that right after the date I'm online chatting to other men???

Also how are profiles being displayed? I've been on Match three times. The first time, I couldn't keep up with how many men were viewing my profile and contacting me. It was a little overwhelming. A few months later, I go on Match again and get crickets. I was going to throw in the towel when I was contacted by the man who would become my boyfriend. Now more than a year later the relationship ended and after giving dating a rest for a few months, I'm back on Match. I'm now being constantly contacted. What happened the second time where there was hardly any interest in me? Was I not showing up in searches? My friend signed up last year. She went off after 3 months. She hardly got any interest from anyone and she is an attractive woman. She had a great profile. Sometimes I think they want you to buy that top spot.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I believe the scamming is much more direct and devious than what has been covered. I believe Match.com has paid writers who create profiles with lots of great, fun photos and an interesting bio just to get people to buy the subscription to chat with them. Having been divorced for ten years, I have been on Match multiple times over the last decade. I have attempted to view profiles in their free version to see who is out there but there always happens to be someone who seems to be such a great match that I am compelled to move things towards the next step. I look at their profile, perhaps ‘like’ a picture, ‘like’ their profile or send one of those awful ‘winks’. In turn, she looks at my profile, likes my stuff and leads me to believe there’s reason to communicate. So I pay them for the, come to find out non-refundable, subscription (even after Groupon says there’s a 3-day free trial).

Then come the messages. She is very complimentary, “you’re handsome, so funny, I love your sense of humor, you’re too good to be true,” when the entire time she is too good to be true because she stops talking right after that... After you’ve paid the website to talk. This happens a lot. I have even seen profiles of very beautiful women recycled from years ago, seriously, how long can a woman be going back for her post graduate degree at forty two years old? It’s been four or five years. Someone needs to investigate Match.com. I believe a class action lawsuit is on the horizon.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I became a member three months ago, and in that time, not only have I never managed to date anyone, but I have yet even to receive an answer to my messages. I have found the women on the site not only unappealing, but also obsessive. It's as though they have gone out of their way to look poorly presented; bad hair, poorly made up, if at all and badly dressed. They are only interested in men who are either five years younger, or older than they are, making no allowance for someone who is not only appears younger than their chronological age, but are also younger in spirit.

Despite the above, most are demanding with who the man is they are searching for. I say, they don't stand a chance of finding anyone, let alone their fantasy man.

Yet another issue is that of requiring the man to have the same likes and dislikes as they have. How boring is that? They show no interest in finding someone who is different, so that they can get out of their little boxes and learn more about life in general. My advice to anyone contemplating using MATCH.COM? DON'T.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I want a refund and I want to cancel my account. This is the second time I'm reaching out to you to cancel my account and STOP billing me. I have already emailed you once regarding this. I have spent quite a bit of money with you and have met no one on this site. You say that there is a match guarantee and then you continue to bill the customer when they want to cancel and will not honor your match guarantee Advertisements. I have been a member for over two years and HAVE MET NO ONE. MATCH GUARANTEE IS A BUNCH OF BULL CRAP. CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND I WANT A REFUND. YOUR SITE IS **.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I paid for three months service in advance approximately $77 and was shut down for no reason after about three weeks. They claim my emails were harassing! On the contrary I received numerous abusive and vulgar emails from "man haters" who claimed my demands were unfair to women. Some of the profiles from these woman were downright vulgar. When I responded I was shut down as Match did not like my answers. It's alright with them if they post phony and vulgar profiles but not acceptable when I respond to their brainless comments! Furthermore, FYI good looking women whom I was seeking are far and few between.

The "hot" looking ones get about 1,000 emails a week to support fake profiles. They are merely "hookers" seeking free advertising to solicit unwary men. I was the victim of one who almost had me robbed on the first date - it's called "Trick N' Roll". The second woman claimed to be a costume designer for showgirls which turned out bogus when I ran a background check and she had no work history! Let alone she was always unavailable at night and would only meet during the day. More red flags for her "hooker" business at night. So I have complained to the Rip-Off Report and Better Business Bureau as the lame customer service representatives refuse to even speak to me about this. A total SCAM they are. Steer clear of these people whenever possible!

Original review: March 22, 2018

First I was contacted by someone from my same gender and told that a family friend was interested in me. After a few weeks - never meeting - suddenly he claims that he has to go to Capetown, South Africa on business. Then the story is that he gave his 11 yo daughter - EVERYTHING of importance - like who would do that??? Including all of his credit cards, his phone, his business laptop, her Xbox, etc. in the airport and that she lost it. Of course it never gets found and he expects me to replace it all and he'll pay me back when he gets his 1st check.

Well, previously he stated that he wouldn't be getting paid for months. Long story short, Match did nothing to the member - Carrie age 54 from Essig, MN - who seems to still be trolling for victims for her dear family friend. Secondly, this service has a no refund policy. Even after deactivating my account 4 times, I continued to get emails from them and they refused to take my photo down. Poor customer protection, and abysmal customer service!

Match.com expert review by Mark Brooks

Match.com is one of the biggest and best-known online dating sites in the United States. It has been helping singles find partners since 1995, it now serves people in over 24 countries with sites in 15 different languages.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through Match.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it

• Partners with sites in various countries: Match.com partners with personal ad sites in several countries so that international users can find their perfect match.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: Match.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Match.com Company Information