3.36/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

My Social Calendar Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Who knew there was a Club like My Social Calendar? I certainly didn’t until a friend of mine told me about it. It was great that I got to speak to an Event Coordinator who answered all my questions about the group, before deciding if it was a good fit me. Well it was a great fit for me! I have made some really quality friends and been able to get out of the rut I was in after my divorce. Of course not having to plan and organize any of the events with other singles like me was a HUGE Bonus!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Joined last summer and really like the idea of having something to do when I want to go out. I have made some really good friends and dated here and there. Definitely was nervous at first to put myself out there but now I love going to different events and seeing people I have already met and meeting new people. I like the idea of meeting people face to face. I hated online dating. Also tried speed dating etc and that was even worse. Sunday I am going to see the Harlem Globetrotters which should be entertaining. Couldn't believe they're still around. LOL.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I love the concept of My Social Calendar. I am 33 years old and yet to find my Prince Charming (and it's definitely not happening on Tinder or Match)! I heard the ad and decided to dive right in. Liked that it's not some crazy contract. Just something you do month to month. I have gone to a handful of events and really had a good time and met tons of people. I realize you need to go out and find what you are looking for. It's not going to knock on my door. I would suggest MSC to anyone sick of online dating!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Joined the NYC group 2 months ago. So far so good... I am a 42-year-old male and have never been married. Come close a couple of times but that's it! I like meeting people in person while doing something fun. I have made some friends and met a couple of girls that I would actually date. (I am very picky hence the never been married) A buddy came with me to the Food Crawl event and now he is going to join. If what you're doing now isn't working this is worth a try!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I joined My Social Calendar 6 months ago and absolutely love it! I am 42, divorced and HATE online dating. All those wasted hours what was I thinking... With MSC I sign up for fun events and meet other single people face to face while having a blast. Last night I went to my first Escape Room and had a great time. I have met tons of new girl friends and FINALLY some decent men to date. I like the no pressure atmosphere. Bottom line we are not meant to date through computer screens. So glad I joined!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was told about this site after a string of bad dates during an already stressful time. Did the phone interview where I was pressured into signing up right then and there so that I could get a discount rate for 6 months (60 something dollars) You might find it strange that I don't know how much the discounted rate was right? That's cause I never got it, I've been charged $75 every month. I decided it's not worth it trying to fight them on this; we'll get back to this later.

I hated the way the site is run because I literally said I don't have a lot of time to go to meet ups and was talked around cause "With this deal even if you go to nothing for 3 months it still makes sense!" There weren't very many events I liked and EVERYTHING needed more money, it's either go to a bar and pay for your drinks or sign up for an event and pay for the event, I'm sorry but for $75 a month I could find my own events to go to if I have to pay for them regardless. Then it's the events, it's basically the same thing every time maybe one different thing a month. Also I signed up for the NYC chapter....that would be held around NYC right? WRONG.

Whoever was creating these events either has no clue how hard/long it would take to get to the events that were planned or just knew something we didn't because the amount of things that were over an hour away was ridiculous. Speaking of over an hour away, I was happy to hear there would be some hiking events....EVERY SINGLE ONE was held in the same park on Long Island and it's impossible to get there without driving (and then also paying for parking at the park) or Ubering, so still paying for the "free" hiking event, I was waiting for some sort of "walk through central park" thing and it NEVER HAPPENED, you want to hike you find a way to get to long island.

Next is the people. I don't mind making friends older than me, but for all the events I went to I've seen only 4 other people in their 20's. They said they do a criminal record scan or something? Don't know if they do cause a man at least 20 years my senior went to the group message that was sent us with our photo of finishing an escape room, figured out which my number was based on area code cause at one point we were talking about how long it would take us all to get home and started texting me. I'm sorry but I don't feel safe when that happened so I don't know how they do this screen but it's not working. And as with most things there more woman than men. Then there's all the no shows at events so a restaurant trip that was supposed to be 15 people turns into an awkward dinner for 4 and things like that, and just the people not really mingling or knowing what to talk about with the big age gaps not helping.

Remember me not wanting to fight them about money? Yah, I finally found someone contact through the site and I said how much I hated the service and that I want to cancel my subscription. "You can only cancel when your 6 months are up." "Yes please do." Well my 6 month were up...and I was charged again. I go on the site and contact them again, month after that I'm still charged again. I call my credit card company and have them dispute these charges, well after this finally when I go on MSC it doesn't let me view a calendar, finally I'm free! NOPE, WAS JUST CHARGED AGAIN even though now I can't even look at the calendar. I'll probably be fighting this $75 for the rest of my life because there's literally no way to contact anyone and have them stop charging you so keep and eye on that credit card bill!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I am sorrowfully disappointed in My Social Calendar (MSC). I am a traveller who has been a part time resident in the US for the past year. MSC seemed to be the answer to my situation in meeting new people. I immediately signed up for the promises upon a phone call from a very persuasive and understanding (married) MSC sales person. At that time I was not able to sign up for any events until I gave over my credit card information in which I so eagerly did hearing the advertisement on the radio and reading online. Who doesn’t want more friends? Especially when trying to establish yourself in a place that is not your home. When payment was received from my account, none of the events were available. So I persevered in hope that the next month would be different. Disappointing.

The following month I was travelling and unable to commit in advance to any of the offered events. The month after, MSC severed all communication with me. I was not sent the monthly email, I was not contacted at all by them and although I could log into the calendar, there was nothing of interest or availability. I was able to sign up for one single event in the first three months. But not knowing the area, I found it was 1 and 3/4 hours from me. I was not wishing to make friends so far away and subsequently cancelled. The payments continued to be made to MSC via my credit card for the remainder of the six months.

The promise from MSC is that they will contact you after six months. No one contacted me. Not even an email to let me know when the calendar was published so that I could plan for the events. I was charged an additional three months beyond the six months after my commitment contract. MSC offer no phone number to call. There is no way to contact MSC if you have issues, My experience with MSC is that is it a scam. They took more from me than I pledged and there is no customer service whatsoever. I strongly advise any likely participants to look elsewhere for social outlet. Also I have never seen on the calendar any advertised events such as cooking classes or hot air ballooning. Overall what I have seen is meet ups in bars/restaurants and walks in public places. Nothing outstanding and out of the ordinary about MSC in the planned events.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I joined this social networking site last Thursday and after 3 events already feel that I have already gotten my monies' worth. The level of professional people I have met and the fun we have had so far is very inspiring. There is no pressure to join events, you come and go at your leisure, and there is a variety of things to chose from. I highly recommend this service/site to anyone who is looking to enhance, or like me, jump-start their social calendar. You will not be disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I read a couple of reviews that are similar to what I am about to write. I was going through a bad time, heard of “MSC” joined for the 6 months $600...realized it wasn’t for me and a waste of money. I have been trying to contact someone yet CAN’T get in touch with one person!!! I have left emails, searched for event coordinators left them voicemails (nobody picks up!!) This is ridiculous and a waste of money if you don’t go to an event!! It’s been 6 months and I can’t seem to delete my membership, they definitely do not put their clients first and are all for your money!!!

- D

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I experienced the rudest display of customer "service" no one should have to experience. I was in a place of transition from a divorce and was interested in getting out there again. I made an appointment with my social calendar and the saleswoman, whose name I can't recall, explained the program with the speed of a rapid disclaimer at the end of an infomercial. She also said if her husband ever left her it would be the first thing she would do ---- which I found a bit odd.

As she got into the financials and I was finally able to respond, I said I "would think about it". Her immediate response without even a pause, was "well think about it means no". She indicated you go do whatever you do to socialize now. Absolutely shocking behavior...insulting, arrogant and completely unwarranted. I was a potential customer, in a vulnerable place, I might add...who cares if I wanted to consider the offer further..the customer is always right. I remain appalled and will never, ever recommend or pursue this "service". Freaking shocking phone behavior... Check your recording to verify... It is all there as clear as a bell.

My Social Calendar expert review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

• Best for: people who've recently relocated, busy singles and anyone struggling to find a partner in their day to day life

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information