Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

My Social Calendar Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

I joined My Social Calendar about a month ago. The rep who signed me up made it sounds so amazing. I have now went to 5 activities and she was so right. I absolutely love my new social life. I never write reviews but this program has changed my outlook on the dating world and given me so much hope. I am new to the area and literally only knew 2 people from work before I joined. I now how people I can actually call friends and am getting out and really enjoying my life. I would definitely recommend this service to anyone single and tired of the internet garbage.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

My Experience... I heard the ad and it sounded just like me. I am 40 years old divorced and hate online dating. I like most, read reviews some really good some not so good. I decided there was enough good to dive in. I joined in October and to my surprise actually really enjoy it. There are 20 events per month usually Tuesday or Wednesday evening, every Friday night, Saturday and Sunday and sometimes two on Saturday. The events are fun and well organized, and I have made tons of friends and even dated. I like meeting people face to face it works better for me.

Katy, is the event director and anytime I have emailed she has returned it. Getting her by phone can be difficult, but there are 600 members in New York alone. They also have a member care section and they respond to that within 24 hours. It's hard meeting people these days and if online doesn't work for you this is worth taking a chance!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I will admit, I had a healthy skepticism. While I am aware that MSC is not a dating site I was beginning to wonder if my social skills were fading. After being married for 24 years I was not prepared for how challenging it is to meet people. People have their guard up online and in public. I was getting tired of the pursuit. After a number of unfruitful online dating site attempts not to mention wasted investments I was considering a sabbatical from dating/socializing.

After less than two months at MSC I have met well over 20 like minded people - people that enjoy doing things, socializing and being friendly. The mere fact that the initial social awkwardness - no need for a "come online" - is eliminated allows for actual conversations. Conversations with a number of these new "friends" have continued outside of the group as well as advanced plans for attending future events. To this point I have only attended 4 events. Even had a chance to Host one. At this time I already have 5 events planned for January. There always seem to be plenty of opportunities. Joining MSC has already paid for itself. It was like joining the real 3D world after spending too much time staring at a screen. I am looking forward to the spring already to experience the activities outside.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I joined this social networking site last Thursday and after 3 events already feel that I have already gotten my monies' worth. The level of professional people I have met and the fun we have had so far is very inspiring. There is no pressure to join events, you come and go at your leisure, and there is a variety of things to chose from. I highly recommend this service/site to anyone who is looking to enhance, or like me, jump-start their social calendar. You will not be disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Who knew there was a Club like My Social Calendar? I certainly didn’t until a friend of mine told me about it. It was great that I got to speak to an Event Coordinator who answered all my questions about the group, before deciding if it was a good fit me. Well it was a great fit for me! I have made some really quality friends and been able to get out of the rut I was in after my divorce. Of course not having to plan and organize any of the events with other singles like me was a HUGE Bonus!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: April 4, 2020

They come off as nice people. Once you sign up and leave your credit card there are waivers and disclosures to sign just to officially sign up. You legit need an attorney just to give this a try. And when you don’t agree and try and cancel. Wow. Been months and still dealing with the issue. Hard pass on this anyone who reads my review. I assure you I had good intentions signing up, but hope this place shuts down. Like yesterday preferably so no one else has to deal with this.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

My experience with MSC was nothing but a disappointment. Their sales rep had told me there were many "young professionals" on Long Island using their service. Hopeful, I had tried it out. The first event I went to was only people over 40, and the second event I had wanted to go to I had found out it would be essentially the same crew of people. Now as a young professional in my mid-twenties if I wanted to meet people over the age of 40 I would hang out with my parents more. I filed a complaint to the company who told me I couldn't terminate my plan until my 6 month contract was up. That's crazy though - they promised a service of meeting young professionals to me in my area and couldn't deliver on that. What type of company is that?

I'm paying for a service that I'm not happy with and not receiving based on what I was told - AND THEY WON'T LET ME CANCEL or get any type of refund. I did find a loophole and cancelled my credit card and claimed fraudulent charges to get out of my membership because it looks like the only way out of the contract is to "not pay" and they "revoke your membership". What a hassle. All in all, don't waste your time and money if you're under 30 or live on Long Island.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Well, my MSC experience is very sad since I signed up for this website because the announcement I heard on the radio I thought I could go out and share with safe people, and which it was already perfect. I have several years with My Social Calendar, but now with the new event coordinator New York even I can't never talk. I could talk, this person who is now does not even answer the text and when she does it is two or three weeks later.

On the other hand the page that you can see on the website does not even have a place where you can contact them in case you need to communicate with them. Pretty suspicious truth. Also when you go to see the activities that exist during a month you can see that the calendar is almost empty, that this means that they get $ 75 dollars from a bank account just for nothing. I sent several messages to the NY coordinator and I'm still waiting for an answer. As there was never an answer I was forced to call my bank and block them forever.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was told about this site after a string of bad dates during an already stressful time. Did the phone interview where I was pressured into signing up right then and there so that I could get a discount rate for 6 months (60 something dollars) You might find it strange that I don't know how much the discounted rate was right? That's cause I never got it, I've been charged $75 every month. I decided it's not worth it trying to fight them on this; we'll get back to this later.

I hated the way the site is run because I literally said I don't have a lot of time to go to meet ups and was talked around cause "With this deal even if you go to nothing for 3 months it still makes sense!" There weren't very many events I liked and EVERYTHING needed more money, it's either go to a bar and pay for your drinks or sign up for an event and pay for the event, I'm sorry but for $75 a month I could find my own events to go to if I have to pay for them regardless. Then it's the events, it's basically the same thing every time maybe one different thing a month. Also I signed up for the NYC chapter....that would be held around NYC right? WRONG.

Whoever was creating these events either has no clue how hard/long it would take to get to the events that were planned or just knew something we didn't because the amount of things that were over an hour away was ridiculous. Speaking of over an hour away, I was happy to hear there would be some hiking events....EVERY SINGLE ONE was held in the same park on Long Island and it's impossible to get there without driving (and then also paying for parking at the park) or Ubering, so still paying for the "free" hiking event, I was waiting for some sort of "walk through central park" thing and it NEVER HAPPENED, you want to hike you find a way to get to long island.

Next is the people. I don't mind making friends older than me, but for all the events I went to I've seen only 4 other people in their 20's. They said they do a criminal record scan or something? Don't know if they do cause a man at least 20 years my senior went to the group message that was sent us with our photo of finishing an escape room, figured out which my number was based on area code cause at one point we were talking about how long it would take us all to get home and started texting me. I'm sorry but I don't feel safe when that happened so I don't know how they do this screen but it's not working. And as with most things there more woman than men. Then there's all the no shows at events so a restaurant trip that was supposed to be 15 people turns into an awkward dinner for 4 and things like that, and just the people not really mingling or knowing what to talk about with the big age gaps not helping.

Remember me not wanting to fight them about money? Yah, I finally found someone contact through the site and I said how much I hated the service and that I want to cancel my subscription. "You can only cancel when your 6 months are up." "Yes please do." Well my 6 month were up...and I was charged again. I go on the site and contact them again, month after that I'm still charged again. I call my credit card company and have them dispute these charges, well after this finally when I go on MSC it doesn't let me view a calendar, finally I'm free! NOPE, WAS JUST CHARGED AGAIN even though now I can't even look at the calendar. I'll probably be fighting this $75 for the rest of my life because there's literally no way to contact anyone and have them stop charging you so keep and eye on that credit card bill!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I am sorrowfully disappointed in My Social Calendar (MSC). I am a traveller who has been a part time resident in the US for the past year. MSC seemed to be the answer to my situation in meeting new people. I immediately signed up for the promises upon a phone call from a very persuasive and understanding (married) MSC sales person. At that time I was not able to sign up for any events until I gave over my credit card information in which I so eagerly did hearing the advertisement on the radio and reading online. Who doesn’t want more friends? Especially when trying to establish yourself in a place that is not your home. When payment was received from my account, none of the events were available. So I persevered in hope that the next month would be different. Disappointing.

The following month I was travelling and unable to commit in advance to any of the offered events. The month after, MSC severed all communication with me. I was not sent the monthly email, I was not contacted at all by them and although I could log into the calendar, there was nothing of interest or availability. I was able to sign up for one single event in the first three months. But not knowing the area, I found it was 1 and 3/4 hours from me. I was not wishing to make friends so far away and subsequently cancelled. The payments continued to be made to MSC via my credit card for the remainder of the six months.

The promise from MSC is that they will contact you after six months. No one contacted me. Not even an email to let me know when the calendar was published so that I could plan for the events. I was charged an additional three months beyond the six months after my commitment contract. MSC offer no phone number to call. There is no way to contact MSC if you have issues, My experience with MSC is that is it a scam. They took more from me than I pledged and there is no customer service whatsoever. I strongly advise any likely participants to look elsewhere for social outlet. Also I have never seen on the calendar any advertised events such as cooking classes or hot air ballooning. Overall what I have seen is meet ups in bars/restaurants and walks in public places. Nothing outstanding and out of the ordinary about MSC in the planned events.

My Social Calendar author review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information