Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.1/5 (57 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

My Social Calendar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: June 5, 2021

I joined My Social Calendar in February 2021, ready to get out of the house after a year of quarantine. I have participated in over 20 event and met loads of fun people. I often chose the hikes and outdoor dinners, and have attended a few wonderful events like horseback riding and a cruise on the Potomac. I love that I don't have to plan the events or get people to show up. It's only a matter of how much activity I want to pack into my schedule. Each event has a welcoming group atmosphere and there is no awkward dating vibe. I have connected with a few groups of friends that get together beyond the events MSC organizes. I have found a group of adventurous people to get out and explore the DC area with.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I joined My Social Calendar during the pandemic, in October, when MSC was hosting both virtual events on Zoom, and also outdoor activities like hiking. At that time I had tried online dating and was ready for something real. Real people, real friendships, real activities, without the awkwardness of who pays for what when. I had learned on my own to gauge the energy I feel when I'm around people, and when I met 'my man' at an MSC hike and then connected again at a holiday market event that MSC was hosting, I felt entirely good vibes coming from him. This is something that online dating can't give you. A low key group interaction.

It turns out 'my man' and I are very much alike in that we enjoy making friends within this group, and soon I volunteered to host events regularly like he does. Now, sometimes I feel like we are youth hostel 'parents' as we help each other herding cats/members, as it sometimes is with last minute changes to the list of attendees. This group is a good place to find friends for life, and if you keep coming back, you and your forever partner will find each other, I'm hundred percent sure. It's not a gallery of models to pick from, though, like online dating can sometimes look like. You have to show up, maybe nudge yourself to go a bit out of your comfort zone, and just start talking to people at the events! Through some long time members I've met three married couples who found each other at MSC, and have heard of others. Generally, folks are friendly and open, and range in age from their twenties to late forties and fifties. Highly recommend it!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2021

My Social Calendar is a great social group where you get to meet new people and engage in new experiences together. All the members are singles so you may have an opportunity to meet someone or simply make new friends. Meeting new people in this setting takes the pressure off that you would normally feel when going on a date for the first time. It is a more natural way of meeting people than using a dating app. Also what is nice is there are members of all age ranges and you will see different members at different events. It's not always the same people. Coordinator Vanessa K is wonderful and she is always sending us to new and exciting places. The most important thing is remember is not to judge your experience in this group by just one or two events. Keep going to events because you never know who you will meet and when. You make the most of your membership by attending as many events as possible and even by hosting a few yourself.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Let me begin by saying, I don't ever write reviews if an experience is bad, but I could not let this one slide. MSC aka My Social Calendar: The website depicts professionals. I went to an event of 8 people. Bill's Burger Place, West Street, in NYC. The Manager was kind enough to give me the heads up after I voiced my concerns. I was expecting at least a group of 20. Wow seriously, how dare you charge people all this money for an experience that is false. Demographics were way off on so many levels. No disrespect, but... not need to insult folks, not one looked like anyone representative of what appears on the company's website. They have to be paid actors.

Oh and I was told during the sales call, Katy ** is the person who is always available to talk if any concerns. She sent me one text message, saying I will make your experience worth it. Do not sign up for this so-called social experience. It is garbage and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling this nonsense. BTW most of the events are virtual. I thought I asked the right questions, before signing up. The salesperson was very convincing about the type of people I had questioned her about. So sad she was not honest. Don't be fooled, consider yourself warned. A complete waste of time and money. I will be cancelling my subscription somehow.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Totally non-professional - Pressure sales tactics to sign up, went to a few events and same 6-8 people show up. Events are disorganized and poorly attended. Their staff does not attend the events, and just says "we can't control that". I guess I should've known from the mistakes in their sales brochures. Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 16, 2021

You're basically just paying for access to an events calendar. That's it. They have a hands-off approach when it comes to running the events and expect members to run the events instead of providing a professional/experienced event host. Event reservations are messed up about 50% of the time or events are cancelled last minute - The 'event planner', Vanessa, doesn't seem to be able to plan more than 2 or 3 events in a row without some problem with the reservation, but always has a excuse. The people who attend seem to have a wide disparity of objectives and expectations as some have been sold that they will meet someone to date (or more), while others are just looking for social activities and new friends - and since there is no real host equipped to handle this and properly set expectations, many end up disappointed and frustrated after 1 or 2 events. Unfortunately, once they have you in a contract it's your loss - they will not let you cancel early.

Original review: June 3, 2021

My Social Calendar is a paid subscription to a social network that allows other single adults to go out into the community to mingle. It's a mixed bag of ages ranging mostly from late 20's - 70's+ and you never know who is going to show up. The activities can be simple, laid back dinners to more adventurous aerial obstacle courses and white water rafting or sport activities. The downside is you have to pay for the service on top of each individual event, which can add up being quite costly throughout the month.

There is a wide range of personality traits, especially in large groups, so people typically gravitate to people they're used to instead of getting to know other/new members. There is more of a ratio of older women than compared to men, which can make the outings awkward at times. But the effort that you put in, is what you receive out of the group. There are seldom amount of couples that come out of the group; it's mostly become people who come out to do the activity and then go home. Seldomly do interpersonal relationships and friendships occur outside the group. As I've said, many different personality traits affect the group as a whole. Some activities can be really fun, and some activities can be disappointing - but that is not at the control of the owners of the site or the event coordinators.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I was a member of 'MSC' - for anyone considering joining, this is nowhere near what they make it sound like... They will want you to commit to a 6-month or 1-year membership contract (non-cancellable/refundable). They will say that you will 'probably meet someone' within 6 months or so to convince you to sign, implying a high rate of successful matches. But the events I experienced were disorganized and had poor member turnout. Often new members would come to one or two events and never come back... but I did not see any successful matches being made and did not experience this myself through MSC.

Of course MSC still got a paid membership for the contract term so they don't really seem to care, and they can think (or willingly spin) the turnover rate as testimony of their success. They only seem interested in getting you to sign the contract (which you can't cancel) so they collect revenue $$$, and not really understanding or caring what is (not) happening at their events. Be smart.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Complete waste of time and money. You pay a lot for the membership AND then pay for every activity. The activities were 2-3x the cost of doing it outside of this group. Most activities revolved around drinking alcohol or engaging in extreme sports. Although when I signed up, I was assured there were ppl my age (50s) there were 3 my age--2 women who lived 40+ miles away, and an ultra conservative man who didn't like women who worked or had opinions (his words). I would have been satisfied to make ONE friend. Didn't happen.

Original review: March 29, 2021

The woman I spoke to was incredibly rude, very judgmental. They require you to pay up top and if you aren’t comfortable, the woman I spoke to shamed me for not being comfortable with the price. Started off nice but the more we talked the more mean she got, basically judging single people who don’t want to pay a ridiculous amount of money on the off chance that it’ll work out for them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I joined in 2019 after hearing advertisements on the radio that sounded appealing. I went to a couple of events that summer but there were no guys my age like I thought there would be. I went on a whale watching/dinner/kayaking event in Cape May that had about 20-25 people attending but still no interesting guys. The activities were ok but the host Betsy (or Becky?) seemed depressed and uninterested in people - when we went on the kayak portion of the day we actually ended up leaving another new member behind on the pier because he'd gone to the restroom and our guides had to go back for him. Our host made her way around asking people not to 'rat her out' - I later found out that she was not a company host, but another member acting as host and that this was common for events. I expected a much more professional operation based on their ads and a better selection of guys to socialize with like they make it look. Disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Once they have your money they don't care about you or the events - MSC staff does not attend or run events and the monthly calendar they post is mostly recycled events from last month or year often with the wrong dates and details as if their secretary just copied and pasted it from the last time. One time the venue we were supposed to go to wasn't even open for business any more! Events are often duds due to lack of social leadership, cancelled due to lack of attendance, or screwed up due to lack of competence making reservations. Don't waste your money.

Original review: April 4, 2020

They come off as nice people. Once you sign up and leave your credit card there are waivers and disclosures to sign just to officially sign up. You legit need an attorney just to give this a try. And when you don’t agree and try and cancel. Wow. Been months and still dealing with the issue. Hard pass on this anyone who reads my review. I assure you I had good intentions signing up, but hope this place shuts down. Like yesterday preferably so no one else has to deal with this.

My Social Calendar author review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information