3.2/5 (78 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

My Social Calendar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I was a member over a year and canceled because I was not using the service. The day I canceled, my account was deactivated but I was charged for services, which are billed one month in advance. Essentially I no longer has access to the calendar but was billed. There’s no contact information for help on the website. The DC events Coronado, Lena, refused to provide contact information for anyone in member services and essentially told me that the billing issue was my fault and to deal with it.

Eventually I was told she sent my info over and that I would be refunded in 3-5 business days. It will be 6 business days tomorrow, I have not referenced a refund, and the email I sent to member car bounced back as undeliverable. Most subscription services would refund or allow access through the end of the recent billing services. I will never join this service again due to poor customer service and poor ethics. I highly recommend you avoid.

Original review: June 20, 2022

They like to tell potential members that you will 'probably meet someone in...' to get you to buy a 6 month or year membership. This allows them to manipulate your emotions to make a binding long-term purchase without actually committing to anything themselves. The truth is, all they are only legally obligated (per their contract) to do is schedule 10 events per month. If you don't meet someone, not their problem. If events get cancelled, not their problem. As long as they put 10 events per month on a calendar - whether they actually run or not, whether you meet someone or not. If you want to cancel your membership, not their problem. As a member, I can't count the number of people I've seen come to one or two events, not make any connection and never return.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

These people could care less about their paying members once they have your money. All they really do is copy a calendar from month to month - they don't even attend their own events. They expect the members to run the events themselves and you can't get any response from people in the office. A lot of nothing for all the money they charge.

Original review: March 26, 2022

When I returned to the Philadelphia area after being away for 15 years, I was interested in meeting single people and was especially interested in developing friendships. I have enjoyed a variety of events throughout the region. The events include so many different venues that anyone who joins would find outings of interest to them. I am also happy to say that I have succeeded in building new lasting friendships.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The "screening process" to join MSC I experienced was little more than a pressure sales pitch. After asking me where I came from, why I hadn't had success, et cetera, within 10 minutes the employee on the phone was asking if I was ready to give him my credit card information. When I asked if I could please have more time to think about it, he immediately did a 180 and said he didn't think it would be right for me. Why, I asked? "Just a feeling," he said. This is how salesmen win, by making you feel unworthy. I've never experienced MSC myself, but based on this representation it isn't something I'll try anytime soon.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Vanessa is the event coordinator. She does as little as possible to fulfill her job and deliver a satisfying customer experience. Their literature and membership contract states that they provide hosts for the events - false. They solicit members to host the events themselves. Vanessa hosts perhaps one event a month - and only if it's convenient for her. If her kids have an activity or she has a family event, she will pressure members to host the event in her place, and cancel events if no-one is willing. She has also cancelled events when there is a willing host, but she had personal priorities that kept her from monitoring the office phone for attending members on the day of the event. Some of the poorest customer service I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

As a single, professional adult I joined the Calendar, then I promptly quit. The Calendar will ask a prospect a screener question: if one is absolutely male or absolutely female (they do not ask questions about one's ethnicity). I am not 100 percent male or female, have an X for gender ID on my license. I choose to not ID with any gender. This entity refuses to acknowledge diversity in gender outcomes and that people MUST be either male or female at all times. I am offended by these 'you must be this or else' tactics required as a pre-requisite. Wonder if this firm sends its profits from members to sexist conservative, pro-Trump candidates or political action committees.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Let me begin by saying, I don't ever write reviews if an experience is bad, but I could not let this one slide. MSC aka My Social Calendar: The website depicts professionals. I went to an event of 8 people. Bill's Burger Place, West Street, in NYC. The Manager was kind enough to give me the heads up after I voiced my concerns. I was expecting at least a group of 20. Wow seriously, how dare you charge people all this money for an experience that is false. Demographics were way off on so many levels. No disrespect, but... not need to insult folks, not one looked like anyone representative of what appears on the company's website. They have to be paid actors.

Oh and I was told during the sales call, Katy ** is the person who is always available to talk if any concerns. She sent me one text message, saying I will make your experience worth it. Do not sign up for this so-called social experience. It is garbage and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling this nonsense. BTW most of the events are virtual. I thought I asked the right questions, before signing up. The salesperson was very convincing about the type of people I had questioned her about. So sad she was not honest. Don't be fooled, consider yourself warned. A complete waste of time and money. I will be cancelling my subscription somehow.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Totally non-professional - Pressure sales tactics to sign up, went to a few events and same 6-8 people show up. Events are disorganized and poorly attended. Their staff does not attend the events, and just says "we can't control that". I guess I should've known from the mistakes in their sales brochures. Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 16, 2021

You're basically just paying for access to an events calendar. That's it. They have a hands-off approach when it comes to running the events and expect members to run the events instead of providing a professional/experienced event host. Event reservations are messed up about 50% of the time or events are cancelled last minute - The 'event planner', Vanessa, doesn't seem to be able to plan more than 2 or 3 events in a row without some problem with the reservation, but always has a excuse. The people who attend seem to have a wide disparity of objectives and expectations as some have been sold that they will meet someone to date (or more), while others are just looking for social activities and new friends - and since there is no real host equipped to handle this and properly set expectations, many end up disappointed and frustrated after 1 or 2 events. Unfortunately, once they have you in a contract it's your loss - they will not let you cancel early.

My Social Calendar author review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information