4.44/5
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

9 My Social Calendar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I went through a divorce and I tried online dating and was not satisfied with that. I heard about My Social Calendar and it has been great. I don’t have to worry about what I’m doing. It’s planned for me and I’ve made some really good friends. I love the comedy nights as they were fun and then I’ve done the dueling pianos. They had one in the city at Howl at the Moon and it was a lot of fun. I like the hikes and now that the weather is getting nicer and warmer they usually do a lot of outdoor things in the spring and summertime.

If I do something it’s usually a Friday and Saturday night and there’s always something. They have a lot of variety that I like. It’s always something different and fun. My friends and I always coordinate with each other and we meet up. There are always new people attending the event and I like that I'm able to meet new people too. I always have a good time. But I always feel like it’s a gym membership. I also go to a gym and I have to force myself to go. It kind of feels like My Social Calendar is the same thing. It’s a membership and so I gotta use it.

I like to tell people into going with My Social Calendar because the more, the merrier and it would be a lot more fun. It would be great if I went to an event and there would be 30 people there. But sometimes, I may get something a little more intimate and there might be six to 10 people there, which I also enjoy. I get to meet new people that way.

Overall, it’s been a great experience with My Social Calendar. As I got into it, my social life really improved. What makes me happy is that I always have something to do, whether it’s through the club or with the friends that I’ve made through the club and doing stuff outside of the group. When I meet somebody special it’s like icing on the cake. It’s not forced and I'm not being set up. It’s very natural. I don’t really want to date people I work with. It gets harder and harder as we get older to meet new people, and I don’t want to go to a bar by myself.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I was single and I got relocated for a new job. I didn’t know anybody. I was living in an apartment complex and met a few neighbors. However, what I was really looking for was to meet some new friends and acclimate myself to the area that was why I looked into social networking sites. I am 48 and it is really harder at my age. It is very challenging to me when I got a full-time job and responsibilities. And when I do have some time off, I didn’t want to go to the bars. I have also tried the online stuff but My Social Calendar turned out to be a really great experience.

I’ve been to a wine tasting and football game. I went to a trivia night and a beer and burger festival. There was such a wide variety of events from athletic to social to cultural. I have been to the new member icebreaker party which was a ton of fun because it got a lot of new members who signed up when I did and I met the existing members as well. And another thing was they take big trips. I signed up for their long Sedona weekend in Arizona and that’s coming up here next week.

The fact that I didn’t have to plan anything and they were professionally organized were what I am impressed with My Social Calendar. And there was an event host who greets you as a new member and then introduced the other members to make the event a little less daunting. I’m not the most outgoing person but they’ve made me feel welcome to get to know everybody. Then I got to go to the office and I met the event director who asked some personal questions but more importantly, to see if it was a good fit for me and for them. I would highly recommend My Social Calendar to anybody who is new to a city or single people who are looking to meet new friends that are quality and like-minded individuals.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I got divorced a couple of years ago. Then I wanted to do fun stuff. I wanted to do events while I was meeting people. I didn’t want to just sit in a bar and stuff like that. My Social Calendar gave me a much better opportunity to be able to meet different people. I used the one in South Florida and so far I enjoyed meeting that many different people like real persons, not just pictures and developing a friendship from there. We did a limo scavenger hunt which I enjoyed. I also liked the kayaking and wine tasting events. A couple of years ago, I went to Costa Rica and did whitewater rafting with them. There’s always room for a different variety of events, like putting some new events that have never been done before but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Shortly after I broke up with a girlfriend, I looked into a social networking site as most of our friends were mutual and I didn’t want to see a lot of her friends. This was five years ago when My Social was advertised heavily and I heard about it over a radio commercial. Before, I used to meet people through a drinking crowd as my girlfriend drank and I didn’t. What I liked about the people that I met in My Social Calendar was that they were generally working professionals. Especially back then, people didn't have the money to join up unless they are working professionals. The Philadelphia area chapter has gone through quite a rough patch over the past several years. I talked to them personally a couple of times because it got really bad for a while, especially when they tried to move the office down to Atlanta and we would get events where we’d go somewhere in North Jersey and our meet up place is at the airport which is South Philly.

I've flown a plane for about half an hour which was really cool. Also, I enjoyed the D.C. area which has a lot of great events. I've gone caving and zip lining as well. I was on the trip to Costa Rica and Alaska and both were excellent. In addition, the laser tag is always a big one. I also generally do trivia a lot and as well as going out and finding a new restaurant. The problem lately is that our events are coordinated by Vanessa, who I think has a ton of other things she's also doing. Also, the event's attendance has gotten to the point where we don't really have enough members to support events during the week. I wish we could go bowling or play pool more often but there are only three people there and the drive to the bowling alley is half an hour.

About a year ago, there were events that we knew were going to cancel or had poor attendance and the schedule these days is more of going to a bar, hanging out and playing pool on a Friday night. There's not a lot of variety on the schedule. Also, everything is pay your own way. I got adventure dollars from a great adventure trip that was canceled last summer and I can't get rid of them. What's the point of adventure dollars and the ones that aren't pay your own way that are the bigger ones which tend to get canceled? I have friends I know with over 400 adventure dollars. Our trick is try to find events in D.C. or New York that actually take them. I have a lifetime membership so I don't pay anything for it and I have friends who are in the program as well, but I wouldn't recommend My Social to anyone new.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Most of the time in the weekend daytime, I don't have anything to do and I joined My Social Calendar to have some tasks to do. But unfortunately, they don't have that much for weekend daytimes. Because of that, I asked them a refund. I had so many ups and downs but a guy there named David told me to just see three events and after that, he would refund my money. So after the third event, still it didn't meet my requirement. But I liked it because even though it was evening time, it was a time to meet friends and to have fun. Before only I go out to meet people and I liked that but I'm not that much a social person.

When I go to large groups though, I feel isolated especially DC events. I don't enjoy them. There are so many funny situations but DC people know each other so nobody has time for me. And sometimes it's based on where we are to meet more people. Even when I was in the new members' mixer and there were tons of people, I was still lonely. Also, most of the January and February events were in far Virginia. Everybody is from different locations so I suggest they make it 1/3 of events in Virginia, 1/3 in DC and 1/3 in Maryland. Driving from Orlando to Virginia after 5 is tiresome. I liked the dinners though. I go there. The main thing for me is just to talk to people, so any sort of group talk, I enjoy that. My Social Calendar is nice but the schedules are repeated. What we had last year, we have again this year. Even the same place and the same situation. Still, we are meeting different people and having fun and I like it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was going out with a few friends, going out to different community meetings, and attending religious services. But I wanted to get out more, meet new people, and make new friends. My Social Calendar looked good because there were events to attend and there was a broad spectrum of people from different ages and enthnicities who were going. I signed up with them and so far, meeting people in groups through them was better.

I’ve been able to attend some of the outings that My Social Calendar had and I liked them. One of the first events I attended was a dinner at a seafood restaurant in Alexandria. That was a pleasant experience because I got to order dinner, sit down with a couple of people, and find out what different people's jobs were and their experiences. I work in education and it was very comforting for me to talk about the educational field. It was also very interesting to hear what other people did. For example, this one young woman drove a truck for a living in which she delivered various products that I would never think would be delivered by a truck like chocolate or eggs with the liquid already taken out. Normally the things that I would see delivered via truck would be gas and water. I went to the golf experience out in Alexandria, too.

Then, I was trying to find events in DC so I could learn to drive down there because a lot of people know DC like the back of their hand. One of the events that I attended in downtown DC was the one at the Cameroon Embassy of Africa. The buffet that they had was amazing where they had fish stew, white and fried rice, hush puppies, and flavored sodas from the region of Africa. This is my favorite event so far because there was a diverse background and there were foods there that I would never put together like the fish stew. I like stew and I like fish but I wouldn’t necessarily put them together.

Another event that I attended was in an Italian restaurant in Bethesda where all the members met, sat down, and had dinner. After, there was a comedy show. It was good but the vulgarity of the men in it was excessive. I understand there’s a certain amount of vulgarity when you’re doing comedy shows but they were relating a lot to their mid-section and hearing that multiple times was more than enough. They should pick comedians who are a little less graphic. Then this past weekend, there was an event at one of the local places in Bethesda where they organized a game called "I lost my marbles." The people were given an opportunity to share the experiences that they had, then we had a chance to mingle after that. .

The experiences that I’ve had with My Social Calendar has been very enlightening. What I’ve been trying to seek in doing some of the activities is trying to meet women in my age bracket, and that’s been very interesting to do. I would tell friends that I've had great experiences with My Social Calendar. Not only did I get to partake in the festivities, I also got to meet different people from different backgrounds and see what they did for their jobs.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A social networking site is a good and happy medium as well as a casual way to meet new people. I signed up with My Social Calendar and I enjoyed the dinners that they hosted out of all the other events I attended. So far, I had a lot of fun at their events. I was making friends on my own before but the concept of meeting people in groups through My Social Calendar has been much better.

With them, I could always look at the calendar and have things to do. I just wish they could exert more effort to get more people when there are events that few people signed up for. It would also be helpful if the MSC had some type of algorithm. For example, if there were four men signed up for an event, they could send emails out to other women saying that this was an event they may want to sign up for or to get a better balance. Other than that, I had very good experiences with them and recently there has been a dramatic improvement since their rep, Vanessa, took over. I’d also recommend them to others especially if there'd be more emphasis on trying to get people or bigger groups to go to an event.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was interested in events where it wasn’t centered around bars, drinking, or food specifically. Somebody suggested that I try My Social Calendar and their sales team was persuasive. Unfortunately, I was led into signing up quickly and I didn’t really do a lot of research. I had been in a relationship, then I wasn’t, and I decided this might be a good avenue to meet somebody or meet other people in a different setting because I wasn’t really going out and it was a different way to meet people. Otherwise, I was just going out running into people and going out with friends that I already knew. My circle was small and I find the concept of meeting people and groups better. They manage a calendar of events of things for me to try that are different and new.

I tried curling for the first time. They teach you how to do it then they let you play with the other people in the group. It's my favorite event so far because it was the most different and outside of what I would normally have done. Some events I went to were food-based and there were restaurants. I also went to a Math Grad Ball then I went to a New Year’s Eve party which was really nice. We were a big group and we joined a larger group but it was nice to have that group to hang out with and do things there. I went on a hayride, too, where there was a big group of people. It was also nice to have our own group that we knew more specifically.

We had a transition in management from the original person we had when I started to someone different. I don’t know if it was because it was a new person, but the communications went a little downhill as far reminders of events. They’ve improved afterwards but because I have met someone, it wasn’t as important to me to pay attention to it.

I’ve met a lot of awesome people at My Social Calendar and I still keep in touch with folks there. I could carry myself socially in general so, I didn't have a lot of issues, and if I did, I was able to resolve them right there and work with My Social Calendar's management if there were any issues. I would recommend My Social Calendar and if I had friends who didn’t know the area, I would tell them to go ahead and join. However, I'd ask them if they had the commitment level to do it at least once a week because of the cost of the events and of enrolling in general. Either you do it and you attend the things or you waste your money.

My Social Calendar expert review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

• Best for: people who've recently relocated, busy singles and anyone struggling to find a partner in their day to day life

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information