3.47/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

My Social Calendar

My Social Calendar offers activities in multiple cities for singles. The process is simple. Sign up, come and have a great time, and meet amazing people! It's as easy as that. My Social Calendar events can be found in locations across the United States including, Los Angelos, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Manhattan, Long Island, Boston, South Florida, and Charlotte.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

35 My Social Calendar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Joined last summer and really like the idea of having something to do when I want to go out. I have made some really good friends and dated here and there. Definitely was nervous at first to put myself out there but now I love going to different events and seeing people I have already met and meeting new people. I like the idea of meeting people face to face. I hated online dating. Also tried speed dating etc and that was even worse. Sunday I am going to see the Harlem Globetrotters which should be entertaining. Couldn't believe they're still around. LOL.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

So I have been hearing the ads for awhile and finally thought what the heck... I signed up last week and went to my first event Saturday night. I went to a dueling piano show which ended up being really fun. Met a good group of people who all seemed to say positive things about the group. I just signed up for bumper cars on ice! I am excited about getting out and trying new things and meeting new people. Online dating does not work for me so hopefully this will.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I love the concept of My Social Calendar. I am 33 years old and yet to find my Prince Charming (and it's definitely not happening on Tinder or Match)! I heard the ad and decided to dive right in. Liked that it's not some crazy contract. Just something you do month to month. I have gone to a handful of events and really had a good time and met tons of people. I realize you need to go out and find what you are looking for. It's not going to knock on my door. I would suggest MSC to anyone sick of online dating!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Joined the NYC group 2 months ago. So far so good... I am a 42-year-old male and have never been married. Come close a couple of times but that's it! I like meeting people in person while doing something fun. I have made some friends and met a couple of girls that I would actually date. (I am very picky hence the never been married) A buddy came with me to the Food Crawl event and now he is going to join. If what you're doing now isn't working this is worth a try!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I joined My Social Calendar 6 months ago and absolutely love it! I am 42, divorced and HATE online dating. All those wasted hours what was I thinking... With MSC I sign up for fun events and meet other single people face to face while having a blast. Last night I went to my first Escape Room and had a great time. I have met tons of new girl friends and FINALLY some decent men to date. I like the no pressure atmosphere. Bottom line we are not meant to date through computer screens. So glad I joined!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about My Social Calendar?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I experienced the rudest display of customer "service" no one should have to experience. I was in a place of transition from a divorce and was interested in getting out there again. I made an appointment with my social calendar and the saleswoman, whose name I can't recall, explained the program with the speed of a rapid disclaimer at the end of an infomercial. She also said if her husband ever left her it would be the first thing she would do ---- which I found a bit odd.

As she got into the financials and I was finally able to respond, I said I "would think about it". Her immediate response without even a pause, was "well think about it means no". She indicated you go do whatever you do to socialize now. Absolutely shocking behavior...insulting, arrogant and completely unwarranted. I was a potential customer, in a vulnerable place, I might add...who cares if I wanted to consider the offer further..the customer is always right. I remain appalled and will never, ever recommend or pursue this "service". Freaking shocking phone behavior... Check your recording to verify... It is all there as clear as a bell.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The experience with My Social Calendar, was something that I would not recommend. There were charges I was told by the Caller Rhonda that were supposed to be one time that became continual. I was supposed to be charged a membership fee that I was told only one time and a monthly fee. I ended up getting both charges and I called to get this corrected. The customer service was not understanding and I was not treated as a valued customer. I don't like being mislead, and the customer service team seemed to not care. I was locked in and the contract was something that made me feel like a number. I felt so awful at how I was not valued that I had to leave. I mean being locked in a contract is not enjoyable, it was not customer first.

I went to two events, first was at very expensive hotel that did not present much for icebreaking, the second was at a dive bar. These people I came in contact with were of means and I'm still on a budget. I felt My Social Calendar doesn't give you the chance to try it out, you sign up and you feel like it's a used car sales. I came out of loneliness and I left in debt. Currently I have arranged payments to get this behind me. I say this review, because I paid 600, and now I'm working out arrangements to pay the 2500 left to get this behind me! I feel that a social experience, should not be something that hurts you economically. As you can see I'm not happy and I warn anyone I know, to avoid this contract for felt not treated fairly.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I usually do meetups but haven't really met anyone and they are really unorganized. This was definitely more organized and I liked that everyone was single. If you're doing meetups and not getting anywhere this is worth trying.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Hello all, joined Social Calendar in Boston area, paid upfront for two years. Was told that there were many in my age group which was not true, but no worries, enjoyed people I did meet and had fun at the events. Towards the end of the first year events were frequently cancelled, sometimes with no advanced notice, you show up and nothing is happening. Then got error message when logging into calendar stating that there is no longer a calendar active in the Boston area. Cannot find any way to contact someone for a refund. The email contacts I had are all no longer accepting emails and the website shows no contact info whatsoever. Would like half of my payments back.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

MSC (at least the west coast Los Angeles branch) is VERY misleading. They market themselves as a dating service, but the truth is, from my personal experience coming out and getting involved in their events, they are nothing but a glorified Senior Citizens/Middle-Aged Women's meeting club. Events are cancelled left and right due to poor attendance, and many of the attendees are older, like in the 50's or higher. There is nothing wrong with that, except the event planners and administration of MSC always lump HUGE age disparity of their members together to come out for the event, like honestly, what kind of romantic or dating options can occur if you put people that are 40 years apart together, what were they thinking?

There is NO matchmaking service here at ALL, it is only they schedule events to try to get their "members" to show up to (nobody wants to because of the awkward age disparity) and even if you are a "member" of MSC, you still need to pay separately for whatever event you are showing up to, then what's the point honestly?

You're better off not dealing with MSC as a middleman (that's all they are, a MIDDLEMAN) that offers a pointless and useless service. You could just as easily go to the bar or the clubs or whatever with friends and it would STILL be better for you socially than this awkward mess that they try to shoehorn all these older folks together into. With all these problems and awkwardness, it's always telling when attendees are dwindling, nobody likes showing up, and the events constantly get cancelled. MSC is fraudulent, the salespeople are straight up liars. They polish this ** well if you get on the other line of the phone with any of the sales reps. Awful, just awful. Just go to the bars and clubs with friends, you don't need to waste $900.00 with this "membership" to nothing. If you are in the 30's or younger, there is nothing here but disappointment. Don't waste your money.

My Social Calendar expert review by Mark Brooks

My Social Calendar is a different type of online dating site. Instead of setting you up with one date at a time, the company schedules events in cities around the country. Members choose which ones they want to attend for a fun way to meet new people and have new experiences.

• Events for everyone: My Social Calendar plans events that everyone can enjoy. They range from arts and theatre to sporting events and casual parties. You’ll find events that interest you and meet other people who have the same interests when you’re a member.

• Avoid awkward blind dates: Members of My Social Calendar avoid the awkwardness of blind dates because you attend events in a group setting. Once you’re there, you can see who you connect with and, if you choose, go on a date with someone you’ve already met.

• Make friends: My Social Calendar isn’t just for dating. It’s a great way to meet new friends who share your same interests, whether or not they turn into romantic relationships.

• Online calendar: Check out the online calendar for your location to see what fun events are coming up. Every location has unique events.

• Straightforward approach: My Social Calendar has a straightforward approach to making connections. Simply sign up and show up to an event in your area. You’re in total control of what events you attend and who you talk to.

• Best for: people who've recently relocated, busy singles and anyone struggling to find a partner in their day to day life

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

My Social Calendar Company Information