2.28/5
Based on 214 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

POF.com Reviews

351 POF.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

I "met" two men from this website and started corresponding with them. Gave them my e-mail and was thinking that maybe one of them would be really the one. They were both away in Europe on business, one in Greece, one in France. Anyway, before they could come back to Colorado, one needed $8000 and the other one needed $1000 for some business related issue. I said, "Absolutely not!" I reported them to POF, and then immediately unsubscribed.

Original review: July 5, 2018

POF is just not dealing with the people trying to scam money from you. One guy posed as a military guy who wanted my bank info. Reported him. Then a guy who wanted me to send him Steam credit cards. Reported him. He had me contact him on WhatsApp. The image is the dialog of his scamming and me calling him out. Reporting is useless. They just make new accounts and start all over again. Bye POF.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 1, 2018

* * * Warning!!! Warning!!! Warning!!! Warning!!! * * * Do not use this website or any others operated by Match Group, Inc.!!! This company has, and continues to be, the subject of countless class action lawsuits in the U.S., Canada, and all over Europe. They have settled a shocking amount of lawsuits for committing fraud (I.E., Fake profiles, fake messages, spam bots, fraudulent billing practices, lying about cancelling memberships, lying to consumers, etc.).

They insulate themselves from external contact so you are unable to complain. If you reach out to them online, you will immediately find that they will send you generic e-mails (I.E., "Thank you for contacting us", "your feedback is important", etc. ), But they will not assist you in any way with actual problems. They make it impossible to contact them in any other way - if you have any doubts about these statements, just try for yourself and see what happens.

Aside from class action lawsuits, consumers have gotten no responses regarding claims, requests for refunds, reports of fraud, etc. The only reason that any laws exist for this service are due to extensive class action lawsuits which they lost over and over; and the only laws that protect consumers from this company's fraudulent business model are in Canada, Europe, and states in the U.S. where suits were already won. They have a legal policy of only protecting consumers in states and countries where they have been forced to by the courts and extensive legal settlements.

Pay attention to the negative reviews and see how many positive reviews you can find out of thousands... you may be surprised at the stories, comments, and complaints that you find, and wonder how they still operate in the U.S. They even got caught using the profile of a deceased U.S. Soldier. This company is a disgrace, do not trust them or you will regret it. Don't just believe me, see what all of the other people who have reviewed them have to say and decide for yourself.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Let's start with I am not computer literate. Found hard to navigate site, was only on it a few days, then for no good reason they dropped me... couldn't sign on, using correct name and password, but they kept saying wrong password or user name. No place to call for help, just kept going in circles! Tried to reset a dozen times, no luck. Called my ISP for help, finally found e-mail in my spam folder saying my membership (I had Upgraded) was in process of being refunded, thank God, but I have NO IDEA WHY! I didn't use any vulgar language, sexual things, nothing I said that was prohibited in their rules that would get me kicked off.

I am going to go places where I may meet a nice person in my age bracket such as a senior center, church, ask everyone I meet if they know someone who might like to start a relationship. Don't want a bar-hog, hear that grocery stores are a good place but these damned computer web-sites are a total waste of time. Friends tell me I will have better success on Facebook, and that is TOTALLY FREE!

Original review: June 22, 2018

This site should have their license revoked. They are a scam. They pressure you into buying an upgraded account and as soon as you do, miraculously you start getting SEVERAL responses from women and even a couple of hours of conversation with them. What's funny is that the stats tell you someone just viewed you but when you look at the person's profile who claim they viewed you IT SHOWS THAT THEY NEVER VIEWED YOU! During this phase it tells you that your profile is on fire. After the couple of hours are over, no more communication and the profile pics change. I've had much better luck on MATCH.COM and that's where I'm going back. POF HELP CENTER is A SCAM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: June 16, 2018

POF seems to have very strange priorities. They're very obsessed with blocking out any form of sexuality, o much so that they edited a guy's profile because he mentioned bartending and cocktails, which they turned into **. Yet, they don't seem to have good control over their own coding and settings. Despite a setting saying I only want to be contacted by local people, I keep getting messages from people in other parts of the country. Unless I slept through a bunch of earthquakes, Florida and California definitely aren't within the 75 mile limit on my contact filters. Even though they obsess over **, there are still plenty of ** pictures. Clearly, they don't have their act together. E for effort, though... and P for prude, too.

Original review: June 13, 2018

When you sign up for the free version, you will be barraged with emails informing you that this one and that one wants to meet you, viewed your profile, faved you, etc. They will tell you a user's specific name as well... but then you cannot look up the user by the name. But then, to see who the people are that faved, want to meet, viewed ya, etc, POF will tell you that it is required to buy a membership. I ain't losing my mind, I bought a membership and then suddenly, there were no one viewed me, no who wants to meet me people, no one faved me, etc.

So the bottom line: POF sends fake emails to make you think people are already interested, etc, just so that you will buy a membership. After buying a membership and realizing that all the emails from POF had links which when clicked on lead to nothing, I emailed and asked for a refund. They did not ask me why or if anything was wrong. They promptly refunded me. My messages to them for technical support or an understanding of the site were not answered at all.

Original review: June 11, 2018

This site should have their license revoked. They are a scam. They pressure you into buying an upgraded account and as soon as you do, miraculously you start getting SEVERAL responses from women and even a couple of hours of conversation with them. What's funny is that the stats tell you someone just viewed you but when you look at the person's profile who claim they viewed you IT SHOWS THAT THEY NEVER VIEWED YOU! During this phase it tells you that your profile is on fire. After the couple of hours are over, no more communication and the profile pics change. I've had much better luck on Eharmony and that's where I'm going back. POF is A SCAM!!!

Original review: June 11, 2018

POF.com was a stable website and has fast good results. I like the layout of the website. It looked smooth and I was able to navigate it easily. I like the variety of people and the overall ease of it. I like the name and it has plenty of fish. It’s charmed. The people was honest. I also liked the members and everyone was very friendly except a few bad eggs lol. Profile customization wasn’t that very good at all but it was good in some areas. Criteria was also lacking. However, there wasn’t a mobile app for my device so I never really used it. Some of the women are rude. The main thing I dislike is the no app for Amazon as that’s a real let down.

Original review: June 11, 2018

POF is very particular in question and very easy to customize. Finds very specific matches. The questions are in depth and meaningful when it comes to find someone you are compatible with. I usually have common matches on this site more than other platforms. Every user seems to be legit. Most dating sites have mostly fake users. I enjoy the way POF is currently set up. But for some the name including fish is offputting.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I wish I knew how they matched. It was hard to find women who are my type. I dont think the chemistry test was true to who I was. The profile customization is good, could be better. While POF is ok, I like being able to block unwanted people. I also like that I could put what my personality is. I like being able to list my interest. Though these could be dealt with better. Other things I like are based on people using the app and less about the app itself. All in all, the site looks easy to use.

Original review: June 9, 2018

All I saw was pic's of weed instead of photos. And all there is, is criminals like ex-cons on that site. I know personally that there are a lot of ex-cons cause when I would talk on the phone each guy would say he just got out of jail. I meet a guy that only had old pictures of himself on his profile. When I went to meet him he looked like he was way older than those pictures. I told him I wouldn't date him and I left. I am just going to try other dating sites. NEVER USE PLENTY OF FISH. It's GARBAGE!

Original review: June 9, 2018

My experience with POF.com was ok. Seems to me like it is more for people to hook up or for sexual experiences. I would like dating sites that filter out sexual content because thats just not what Im looking for when Im looking for a date with someone. I did not want to give it another go. It wasnt that great of an experience for me as a person. It was just a bad site all around. Definitely will not give it another go in this lifetime.

Original review: June 8, 2018

There was nothing wrong with POF.com but, most of the men on there were middle aged ** men. Now, I don't have a problem with middle aged ** men, they are not my type at all. If I wanted a sugar daddy, then I would go to a sugar daddy website. All in all, none of the men peaked my interest, so it was a total waste of time for me. I don't think I'll be doing that again. Not now. Not ever.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My overall experience with POF has been completely terrible, most guys just want to hook up, and even when I find someone who can possibly be my good match, he completely ghosts me. I've been on this site for over a year and have found NO ONE. Just time wasters. Also, I dislike that the guys just want to meet and get some from you, the fact you have to pay REAL LIFE MONEY just to be noticed more by potential suitors, when all those suitors is just wanting one thing in general. I also dislike how when you send a message, it completely exits you out, and most of the time you wont even get a notification. Lastly, I dislike the errors they have or when the site messes up, they really need to fix their things.

Even so, I like that there are good looking guys I get to stare at, the swipe feature is pretty unique in its own way as well. Being able to choose who you would like to meet and who you'd like to steer 50,000 yards away from is something to pull the drive in this kind of site. I also like being able to put up as many photos as I want, as I can share my overall growth on this site.

Original review: June 6, 2018

POF was an interesting dating site that I used since it really narrows down the choices of people and I like that some of them find people that you have things in common with. It makes it easier to have conversations or at the very least conversation starters. Also I like that you can see so much information about somebody and review them before you send them a message. But I don't like that some people can be absolutely profane and horrible but not be punished or have their accounts removed. I also hate the feature that lets random members send pictures of themselves to you since they send really perverse, disgusting pictures and then I end up banning 30-40 people in less than 48 hours.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Plenty of Fakes: This site was not worth my money, so many women were scam artists, met one who begged for pictures, then complained! I was completely clothed! (Found out she was from Philippines)! She was desperate to get married but I didn't want her, too scary, Guys, not worth the time, all they want is pictures and play games! All the women want is to pull up your pants!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I love the diversity in people on the site, how friendly everyone is, how easy to use, etc. I do enjoy how the site itself is set up. I love the customization the site allows on profiles. However, I dislike the overly long application process and how many fake accounts there are. Despite not having as many fake accounts as other dating sites it still has quite a few and I do believe that issue can be fixed. The site and app itself times out on my phone way faster than it really should which made registering a pain. Overall pretty positive experience with Plenty Of Fish. I have found it easy to find and see many potential matches. Matches were all within my area.

Original review: June 4, 2018 POF is not as popular as it once was, so the options are fewer, and aren't that great, so I haven't had success with this site as compared to Tinder or Bumble. I like that the site requires members to provide answers to specific questions so I know what I'm getting into, and I can avoid certain people, like those with children.

However, I don't like their push to use paid content, or the fact that they don't filter out fake profiles, or that the search function never works properly.

Original review: June 4, 2018

POF.com was a meat market. All the women there wanted to hook up for sex, for the most part. It was fun, but you probably wont find a long term relationship on it. However, I like that the people are local. I hate a long distance relationship! I did like the fact that there were a lot of women to choose from, and the fact that they put pictures up. I do not like blind date type of setups. No thanks! Everything was set up correctly but maybe they can put a button to try to meet someone in person immediately.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The women in POF are very picky. Lost all hope. The website makes you take an extensive personality test that women use against you and then you never hear from them again. I wish they had an option for why they stop talking to men. On the other hand, there are a bunch of daily matches and there is a very diverse range of women with a lot of different interests. The searching features are very easy to use too. Other than that, giving some incentive to the women for agreeing to go out on actual dates would be good. Maybe give them a gift card or something or set them up with a free Starbucks card.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I feel like Plenty of Fish was probably the best app that I’ve used to begin dating. I went on a date and the girl was super matched up with me although the feeling wasn’t there at the end of the night. I commend the Plenty of Fish app for bringing me to meet someone so comparable with me. Honestly it was a pretty good experience. I did think it was kind of hard to meet certain people because some people are so desperate but you can’t tell that from an initial picture lol. They should show you how long they've been on the app and how long they’ve been single because that would definitely help in the long road dealing with girls that have been around and around with guys but they don’t have any real dating experience.

The app was super easy to use and I appreciate all of the accommodation made available like the emails and such that was sent to me. The match criteria was very well built as I went on date with a girl who was practically just like me but we didn’t have a spark and maybe because I was thinking about another girl the whole night IDK but I know that they brought me someone that matched my interest and that’s what I requested so it went pretty well.

I did like how when I went to go and meet new girls it would show me who liked me unlike sites like Tinder where it won’t show you another person unless you guys match which is kind of unreliable because what if you never match with a girl you know like it really wasn’t worth going on Tinder but I completely understand that some people can't use apps that easily as Plenty of Fish and it makes sense on why it was so well rounded and helped me find the perfect person of interest.

Plenty of Fish was pretty well made by some ingenious people like they had to go to a college to learn how to do things like communications and or get a technology degree and it paid off very well. In my opinion will I go on again with them not because I’m not deprecate like that but I definitely would recommend it to my friends that are actively searching for girls and or guys to date because I gotta be the best friend I can and I would appreciate if someone helped me like that too.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have use POF many times and my experience on the site has been very positive overall. I like that layout of Plenty Of Fish a lot and like that it is a free site to use too. I also like the way it lets you set up your profile to find interesting woman that you could be compatible with on site. I have found the site to be very good at finding matches that I am interested in. I have found friendships and dates on the site. I have use POF many times and I have found many woman on here to talk too and have talked to many for many months. I have many woman that are very interesting and that I have a lot in common with on the site. I have also talked to many on text and on the phone. I definitely will continue to use the site in the future to find dates and to find friendships. Awesome and involving website.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I can find men on POF.com but everyone I find always needs money. All are scammers. All men I have talked to have put fake pictures and profiles on their pages. Even on the sites you pay for they still manage to fake their information. The only thing I like about dating sites is the ability to talk to men without trying to look for one in bar or other places. If the men I meet were who they say they are. If only there were some way they could screen the people better. You never know who you are talking to. You never know where they are from. They can tell you anything they want to. And it can be scary sometimes.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My quality of matches has been fairly good with about more than half of the matches being great people that I looked forward to meet. I don't think I've ever had better matches when I used other apps or websites but POF really accurately picks and chooses dates and matches. I feel like this website truly knows me. The using of the website is extremely easy and it makes me feel very tech savvy. I love the profile customization because it lets you change a lot of things. But sometimes the website freezes up and I have to refresh many times in order for it to be able to come back on and for me to be able to properly use it without any interruptions.

Original review: June 2, 2018

POF was excellent. I met my current fiance through the dating app. The app provides detailed information and allows you to find the best match based on your dating preferences. I liked that it eliminated thought of being catfished because it is most detailed dating site I have ever tried. Moreover, it has a lot of members so it was great candidates to choose from. It's also free so you dont have to pay to message people or read your messages which is a huge relief.

If later you delete and try to make a new account you get blocked off of POF. I think changes would be ability to add more pictures to profile account. Also if you want to recreate account based on fact you never found a match or the person you dated it's didnt work out it should be a hassle to get your account back. Also they need better customer service when you're having trouble with account and need someone to reach. Like maybe a live chat or something.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have used Plenty of Fish. It was easy to use and easy to update information. I liked the variety of people, but everyone on the site seemed to think they were better than everyone else. It made me never want to use a dating site again. I never had any luck on POF though. I finally decided to just give up on all dating sites. There is no way to change a dating site to make people any less superficial. You can't change people. If you could base it completely on a profile and not a picture, it would be nice, but nobody would use a site like that.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Overall it's easy to setup a profile and connect with people. But PlentyOfFish was a ride! Not guys I would ever get serious with, there needs to be more quality men on there. They were foul, if you're looking to hook up with randoms; that's the site for you. Not the people I wanted to connect with! Asking for "pics" and other much unsavory things before even saying hello (not that saying hello would make it okay.) They just weren't the people that I wanted to connect with. I'm not the type of girl those men were looking for. Don't do it.

Original review: June 1, 2018

POF was a enjoyable app. A friend of mine told me about it because she have been using it for a while and she thought that I would like it and she suggested that I give it a try. That's what I did and I'm glad I did. And since then I even started recommending it to some of my other friends because I know they will enjoy it as well. The quality matches are good and ease of use of the profile is amazing. I like the matches and how the profile page is set up and be customized. I also like how easy it is to look for local singles in my city and state. This app is better than a lot of other dating apps I have tried and I would definitely use this app again in the near future.

Original review: May 31, 2018

POF just taken out their customer care number and chat option from their website and making trouble to everyone. I just used the number I previously have of POF [+1-818-322-0217]. They just answered and activated my account but again got trouble log in.

POF.com expert review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information