POF.com

POF.com Reviews

3.9/5 (531 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About POF.com Reviews

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

POF.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: April 1, 2022

If it exist I couldn't find it, no way to isolate matches to local area, I had people msg me that lived across the country. Useless. Got quite a few message notifications, when I went to messages nothing there. You couldn't make an app harder to use, I was constantly trying to isolate to age or location and it was a painstaking process. Whatever you do do not subscribe, that's another sad story of how to cancel.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Full of bad people. They do nothing about one a stalker if seven years ugly, weirdo, age 41, Fonthill. Name is Max and a trucker, like I'd date one of them??! No thanks. Another whose name starts with J and plays ice hockey in St. Catharines and is 53 but lies stating he's 49 and single with no vhiy when he's divorced with a daughter and bitter and twisted and hates women. He treats them like garbage. That's what you find on POF. Trash. Join Bumble and Tinder instead. They are far better and not rub by discriminating control freaks either.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I signed up for POF and after a couple of visits to the site it locked me out. I have tried numerous things to get back on to no avail. It will give you some help if you're willing to pay an additional fee. I tried calling sending emails and resetting my password nothing works. I cannot log in.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I've been a member for over 15 years. The real people are normally mentally ill set to call another mentally ill. The majority who answer are catfish. Today, I ran into one named **. They were impersonating an officer. They ran off when I threatened with the FBI. I think most dating apps house paying scammers.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

The truth - as far as my experience - is that Plenty of Fish is five stars better than something like OKCupid or Tinder. It's actually free, except for Likes - you can send and receive messages (the unseen Likes aren't as aggravating because there's no swiping). It's laid-back, not gamified (you search dozens of profiles at leisure. The searching isn't in-your-face invasive swiping. The worries about privacy aren't legitimate, because earnings and birth date, and even name, aren't public. I haven't had any issues with "robots" contacting me. I appreciate the fact that the design has stayed reliably constant, and gives users the chance to feel comfortable with the arrangement, long-term. If one isn't desperate and just wants to chat and get to know people, this site is my pick for a free dating site.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I purchased a 3 month subscription to this service. I canceled in less than a week, due to the amount of scammer messages encountered. $55 should be coming back to me in a prorated refund. "Support" personnel say no refunds, then go on for paragraphs in PR about the site. A BBB complaint has been filed. I advise that you steer clear of this site!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

POF.com is nothing but scammers or losers! The members will not answer or are too good for you and will not allow messaging! If someone does answer you they immediately want you to start hard core texting with them by giving you their phone number or compelling you to use WhatsApp! If you like pervs then I recommend pof.com. Plenty of Lame!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have nothing against Plenty of Fish. But the people who are on there are Fake and other guys are looking for sex and who cannot man up. Being Ghosted too many times. Why must people getting onto these sites just to be MEAN to honest and caring women???? This world is crazy and unsafe. I am disappointed that it has to be this way. I have had many guys hit up on me but I figure them out for what they are and what they want and then they stop talking to me. I am not on these sites to play their head games. I am not desperate and dumb. I met a guy that was 8 years older than I am and it worked out fine for awhile until I found that his family was a priority over me. I asked him, "Why do you want a relationship if you cannot commit because that is what you told me?" Come to find out he had Bad Credit, drives without tags on his truck and only says one word text messages.

When we talk on the phone he always doesn't have much to say and tells me that he loves me. I was not about to say that after 4 days of talking on the phone. When we got together on our first date he introduced me to his family at the bowling alley. AWKWARD. Then when I get home we both have colds and then we talked and after that nothing from him. I tried calling him and texting him but nothing before he would pick up the phone every time I called him and now he has Ghosted me (no explanation, no phone calls). He was reading my messages because it tells me. So he cannot "man up". I have been on different sites and the guys are all the same. Too many games that they want to play. I don't waste my time on sites anymore. There is only one person in my life and that is GOD and my family. It's not the websites fault. It's the PEOPLES fault for playing with our hearts and minds!!! Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

So far every single "person" who has made contact with me, has hidden or deleted their account after I replied. Several immediately tried to take the conversation elsewhere. This tells me the profiles are fake. Also, I suspect the site itself creates some of these fake profiles so they can send messages to your "free" account, which you must subscribe in order to read. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I've reported so many scammers, fake profiles, catfishing to the company without them doing anything in reference to deleting those men. I have been on here since May 2021, and on three dates. One date was fine, yet chose another woman. Second guy over a lite lunch wanted to argue about politics, and the third guy was controlling and would not let me get a word in edge wise. With him, I got up, told him how I felt and walked out.

All the others are just trolling for money and scamming on women. Or, looking for just sex. Right now, I am getting hit up with many scammers!!! I am tired of the wasted ** I have to go through to find a decent man. Plus, guys have to get the hell out of the bathroom with their cell phone selfies, cars, dogs (belong to someone else), dress better than a t-shirt, shave, take the sunglasses off, and look good!!! Make an effort. Finding love on here is a joke.

POF.com author review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information