POF.com

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

You cannot call them when a problem occurs, the automatic email response says that they don't answer all letters. Fixing a problem is absolutely impossible. Rather pay somewhere else than deal with this.

Been on the site for a month and you think you become premium member and get it all. NO!! Then they nickel and dime you for 10 different things, which are pretty much basic on many other popular dating sites. Most profiles seems to be fake. I've been on similar dating sites in my past and everything seems fishy here. People will mark you as favorite, but you can't talk to them. People will mark you as mutual and you can't talk to them. They've very screwed up settings. Plus, it's very shady, where if you don't buy the tokens or other little nickel and dime upgrades, you don't seem to get any responses at all. And the ones you get are really ** ones.

I've no trouble getting responses on other dating sites. Plus when you sign up, even with PayPal, they do sneaky ** like putting you on autopay on PayPal without you even knowing. Then you've to get to PayPal and cancel that stuff. Otherwise if you sign up for 1 or two months or a period and you forget, you'll get screened and renewed for the next few months. Then you'll find people (I'm sure they're POF marketing folks acting as users) where they very involved and message you, and once you ask them to text or phone or email, they'll just ignore and move away. Very fishy! Would not be here again, ever.

Every site you go to have good and bad. I read some of the things said about POF. Yes you have those that are scammer and those looking for sex but that is on all the dating sites minus EHarmony. You just have to decipher which not to go with and block the bad ones. I just never found what I was looking for and came out but found someone somewhere else. Haven't found him yet but still looking!!! Living in Nashville is hard or anywhere if you are single and want a mate.

This date site is completely unsafe and dangerous. I suffered a Nigerian scam situation that scared me a lot. Since then, I am very perspicacious and I smell the scam profiles with a lot of precision. They have a pattern to follow. People usually doesn't write correct English and the pictures are fake. I found two profiles with the same fake pictures, I reported them to POF and POF block ME instead those profiles. Perhaps the owner of the site is involved in this kind of situations? Laundering money through this site? I don't know. Something smell fishy here. Not is possible that I did a legitimate report with the evidence there, and I was the person punished for the website. This doesn't make any sense. Please do an investigation in this "date website". Thank you.

POF was a really good website. I liked that it was newer and had a good rating. It was easy to see and read profiles and there was a lot of people on there who seemed nice. The website also had plenty room for pictures and information about oneself. I liked the site but did not get that much feedback. It didn't have that many people talking on it. I usually just went on to check and see what was going on. I still have my account but I hardly go on anymore. I prefer personally to go out rather than use online dating but POF is definitely an awesome website for those that want to use it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

POF.com is easy to use with a lot of results and the websites is eady to navigate. There is a wide range of people on there. However, the matches were not that great. Also, there was not a lot of professionals on the site. The questionnaire was easy to fill out but the questions need to be more specific. Many people there are just looking to hook up and not for serious relationships. Also, the process is not as intensive as it could be. Maybe they could run background checks. I like being able to look at pictures then message them for further conversations. While some of the people I met were ok, others were weird.

I liked how I could make my profile best fit me and how easy it was to find someone. You didn't have to answer a bunch of questions before starting and also, there is a lot of people that uses this site to pick from but I really dislike how many creeps there on here. Most of the people were only looking for hook ups and not anything serious. Also, there should be something about sending pictures through messages. The creeps think you want to see their body parts when you don't even know them.

POF worked well and seemed to be pretty user friendly. My issue is that a lot of my friends were using it and could find my profile which I did not like. Also, I did not like how many perverts and weirdos there were on it. It would be nice if there were background checks done for some of the users just to be safe. If there is some way to have it set up to where, for example: if you were ever arrested, you should have to state why and what the outcome was... etc. But other than that I liked everything about it.

The questionnaire was a little long for my liking to make my profile but the easy navigation of the site was amazing. One of the better sites overall. The pricing of continuing your membership could be a little lower though. I don't want to empty my bank account on talking to people I may never meet or talk to again. Thank you.

I casually view some fish in there and one caught my attention. I decided to create a free profile to write to that fish. I created a profile and was immediately logged in. However, the fish I wanted to write to had become MIA. I followed the same search criteria and making sure to relist any previously viewed fish. None found. Next day I could not log into my account. I knew my password by heart so it wasn't it. Eventually I got tired of it so I had it reset. But I never got the email. I decided to create a new profile but using the same username. I went through all the creation and I was logged in again. Now I looked for that particular fish by her username. I found the fish and when I wrote to the fish the page asked me to log back in even though I was already! Now I am not. Ok fine, I attempted to log in but it won't let me. Let it be known that I actually know my password by heart! POF sucks really bad.

It is a good website to meet young ladies. They are up for whatever. Late night hookups or long term relationships are on this site for sure. It is a great website to be on right now. It has lots of photographs and you can chat really easily. There is no risk or very low risk of something bad happening to you or the other person on the website. I would like to see video chat as an option of availability on this website. Maybe you are not up to meeting one night so you could just do a video chat for the occasion.

I love that the matches that they had selected for me actually had worked out fairly well and the commitment of those on the site was quite impressive. I liked how much serious that the participants of the site were as to be compared with other sites. Also, I enjoyed the tests that they had used to match up people. But I feel that there should be even more tests used in order to match up individuals better.

POF was kinda crazy. There's a lot of people but feared they were nuts. There's also too many catfish and POF kinda seems out of date now. An easy platform for shady people to use though - like those crazy people finding victims on Craigslist. And profile customization was kinda blah. But it was an easy system to use and a lot better than using Craigslist. All in all, it was alright. I'd probably try it again.

I have been a member of POF on & off for years & just recently, I was unable to log in to the dating site. I then tried to re-register, but I was continually getting the message that my username had already been used. I've tried over 50 different user names & still not able to register. Then when I try to contact POF, there's no contact phone # or any other way of reaching them. There should be no reason for my account to be deleted. I didn't receive any kind of notification & I still am unable to log in or register.

Plenty of Fish is a scam. I had a account with them for years, so the other day I could not log in so I called them. They told me someone stole my all my profile information and my license on my computer has expired and I had to pay over 100 dollars to fix the problem and 50 dollars if I wanted the profile deleted. They're full of **, they just want to make money off everybody. Still can't get back on there and sign up for a new account, this is **. Has anybody else have this problem?

Poor matches for my age group and area. It would be a better option for someone in their twenties than someone in their 40's. I was only interested in people in their 40's with college educations, and those were outside my geographic area. The site wasn't particularly bad, other than it seemed to have been marketed almost exclusively to urban millennials. I didn't find anything about it that stood out as being more useful than Match.com. It was just okay.

POF is set up good, asking my personal likes and dislikes. I met a lot of people and made a few friends. But not one of them was even a close match for me. Out of all the men the site suggested, I did not meet one person I would want to date, much less be with. They need to work on the system that picks good matches for other people. I have no idea how they come up with these so called good matches, but it does not work. It's by pure luck if they make a match.

Everything on this site wonderful and great. They help a single mother out, I couldn't go out so I went online to find a boyfriend and a husband. I met a wonderful man in the year 2009. We been married ever since and we been to together for 8 years. We met right after Valentine's day. We went on our first date February 21, 2009. We went mini golfing and dinner and my daughter was with me. After 9 months, on November 21, 2009, we got married. Then we went to Disneyland for our honeymoon and we took our daughter with us.

I have used POF.com and they have set me up with a lot of wonderful people and I have had a lot of wonderful dates with some of the people I have met on that website. I like that you could meet different people with different backgrounds who have different kinds of interest that made them very interesting to go out on dates with and hopefully I can have many more dates with the interesting people I have met on the site and meet a lot of more wonderful people.

It was easy enough to use. It was harder to find someone that was looking for the same thing I was. In fact, it was next to impossible. Almost everyone I spoke to on there was looking for a threesome or a one night stand. I found a lot of people who had been in prison but did not make it known right away. The men on there literally would say hi and then want to go have sex with you in the next breath. I found it to be a real turn off. I also think there are a lot of fake profiles of nonexistent people that you need to look out for as well as married ones. But I liked that you could put so many photos on their site. I also liked being able to write your own profile. I like that it is free but I prefer to have the paid version so that you can see if your message has actually been read or not.

I experienced a lot of men who were only looking for sex, one night stands, friends with benefits. The POF matches were good but matches for me were bad. There were too many weirdos for me. I wasn't on the site long, though, and haven't been on the site in many years. But when I was I like the ease of use and the security. This site itself was fine to use and had good features but the users I would change. Too many looking for hook ups ie sex.

It was very easy to use. Easy to customize your profile to your liking. I also like the quality of the matches. I have went on a few dates using it. I like the ease of signing up and the ease of finding people. It was easy to find dates and such and easy to find quality easy matches. Very easy to set up so I showed my grandma and she went on her first date last weekend she loved it too.

Plenty of Fish aka POF is a great site. I love the easier of making matches and the ease of my profile. Unlike other dating sites, Plenty of Fish doesn't ask you many questions and require too much information. I like the design of the profile. I also like the fact that meeting people on that site is very easy do. But I dislike the fact that it's so easy to make a profile, people often lie about who they say they are. I know they are a lot of people that lie about who they are on other dating sites but on Plenty of Fish, the number of fakes on this site is just ridiculous. I just wish there was something that could been done about the number of fake profiles on this site. It should be a verification of some sort for this site.

POF.com is extremely easy to use and navigate. I like that it's free as not everyone has money to spend on a dating site. I also like that people can communicate with each other on the site for free and provide pictures of themselves. When the site provides matches for you, it usually has a match with at least one thing in common. Also, it is very easy to communicate before exchanging phone numbers. Still, the site limits those who are looking for one night stands. While there isn't much that I dislike, rating a date would be good. The rating would not be based on whether you like the personalities. Instead, when meeting was the person prompt, dressed neatly or appropriately, polite, kind and did the person look like the picture provided.

I am a 47-year old female in the Miami area. I have been divorced for a little over 5 years and decided to try this site because I was not meeting single men in my day to day life. I figured I should have tried with eHarmony or Match but decided to get my feet wet with POF. I am a professional with a good job, I don't look like Cindy Crawford but the guys on the site are not exactly The Rock either. What I've experienced is that men don't even want to date. They want either a penpal or sex after the first text, not even a date. Definitely a lot of scammers, men from foreign countries asking you to marry them early on, etc. I am giving up and try to meet someone in real life. Watch out girls for recent arrivals from Venezuela. They are just looking for a quick solution to get a green card.

I had a horrible experience on POF. Most the guys they matched me with were not my type and they were married looking for discreet encounters. Not a quality dating site at all. But I liked that it was free and it was really simple to set up. There wasn't hundreds of questions to answer before I got to make & publish a profile. At least I got to view all profiles at no charge. But they need to filter through members more so no weirdos slip through the cracks. There are a lot of shady people on there and I do not feel it is that safe on a dating site.

The app was seamless, interfaced well with my phone and computer and was easier to use and more genuine than most other apps that are out there. It also allowed me to filter down to my area and preferences. However, the matching criteria is not the best unless you pay for it. But POF allowed me to get to know the people on there before deciding to meet in person or not. And I was able to find some quality dates and made many new friends from POF, as well.

Site was easy to use. Fast sign up. Simple to customize the type of person you're looking for. Ability to hide profile comes in handy if feel the need to do so. Went on a few dates with guys I met through the site. Have remained good friends with a couple of them. Site offered lots of matches. Was great having ability to narrow down the type I was looking for. Wish they would do better screening of the people on the site. Have had few bad encounters with a few that was only looking for sexual encounters. Have also known of a few cases of underage males and females on the site.

POF.com had a lot of options to narrow the search down to exactly what type of person you're looking for, and I think that was really useful. I really like all the search options, such as kids, drinking habit, smoking habits, drug use, height, body type, job. There are so many options for narrowing it down. I didn't meet anyone of quality. I don't think there are enough people on there that I'm looking for, but I'm very picky so that's not POF's fault. I also don't think they should allow pictures of people only in groups, if I can't immediately tell who the person is, I won't even bother looking.

I signed up for the app with it stating it was $14 a month and they don't tell you they will charge you three whole months. Once you find out, they refuse to refund the money and claim no funds are refundable for any reason at all except in certain states. I reported at least three incidents of racist attacks and severe harassment from other users and they refused to even notify them of their policies or enforce them in any way. I was forced to delete my account to avoid harassment and racism and they refuse to return any funds. They cannot provide a completely unmonitored dating site, endangering thousands if not millions and then refuse to take responsibility let alone assist us in reporting these people to the authorities. They also cannot keep funds for services that were not rendered. If I did not use their service, they cannot charge me for it as if I did, that is theft.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.
  • Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.
  • Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.
  • Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.
  • Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.
  • Best for People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services