Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

POF.com Reviews

POF.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

POF.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Although POF is free, I paid the extra money so I could see who read my emails, as well as other benefits. I paid for 6-months. I immediately began corresponding with several women. Then I wasn't able to sign on anymore. I sent several emails telling POF of my issue but I never got a response back. I then googled "POF Complaints" and realized my account got hacked. I again wrote POF telling them my account got hacked and I wanted a refund. POF sends me a complete refund.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I was hacked on this sight by someone who change parts of my profile and deleted my photos. They signed me out and I couldn’t get back in. I was getting tons of responses from other members. I contacted PoF and was able to reset my password. I had to fix what she changed in my profile and reinsert my photos. I searched conversations she had with other members, found out her name and number and reported that to PoF. I think at this point she is not active in my account anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have met great guys that were not in my area but became good friends for years. I wish we were able to meet but the expense of traveling, stopped us from meeting in person. I was able to talk on phone and video chat, we got to know each other well. I am still friends with these great guys. I know if circumstances changed I would probably been with one for years. I liked the fact I got to know them well and if we could have met it would have meant much more. I think it gave me a chance to meet men who just didn't want something from me but were truly interested in knowing me. I believe always friends first.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This is an old review but I’ll send it anyway. Back in early 2006 I started chatting with another POF member. We mostly kept it epistolary until five or six months later when we finally met face to face. We met at a Japanese restaurant, ate and talked until they closed. I must say we hit it off, later closed our POF accounts and got married in a Japanese park the following year. Today I can truly say we are still married going on eight years in a marvelous and wonderful relationship!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was recently scammed by a STEVEN **, whom I fell in love with for over 10 months, he took all my savings and loans, lost my house and car in the process, he keeps asking for more money to come see me and things from where he is keeps coming up, claimed to live in OK and Michigan and went to both addresses. Nobody has seen the person before, went to the army he serving, they have no record of him, I was more than devastated when he continued with the story after I caught him, in a bid to recover my hard earn money I contacted the FbI, who later gave me a tutoring.

I was catfished in a love scam and there was little to nothing they could do about it, was able to hire a private eye who helped. Hired www recoveryknight .com, was able to trace my suppose born in Michigan Major to west Africa, he was able to get access through the details he provided me and was able to pay back $620,300 and still reported him his government after, this was a lot from where I was. So if you’re going through this get help and get your funds back. You can thank me later. This helps get you back on track.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: March 19, 2020

This is a site where you can either find a John to sell your ** to or find a one night stand with someone's spouse or find a serial killer. I had a guy message me, pressure me to let him pick me up in his car and take me out. Within 5 hours of messaging, he changed the city he lived in 3 times and he then cursed me out when I told him no, I had a guy message me and ask to eat my (you know what) and when I didn't reply he called me a fake ** who deserved to be ** to death. I messaged with a guy for a week, we exchanged numbers and then all of a sudden I get 10 calls at 3 am from him, I answered. It was his pregnant wife telling me I could have him because she's divorcing him. I deleted my profile after 2 weeks.

A lot of guys on there are homeless or married or bums or losers or mentally disturbed or fake profiles. This site is for people who have issues getting dates in real life, to find a normal person on here would be like finding a cookie crumb in the ocean. It's dangerous!!!! Highly likely to be **, killed, robbed or stood up, if you don't respond to messages some guys will send 5 more begging for a reply, which is terrifying. Ladies please be careful!!!

Original review: March 17, 2020

I have been on POF.com for years. Met some OK guys over the years, just not "the guy". Recently I did meet someone and we started communicating outside pof. When I wanted to go back and read about him again, suddenly, my password does not work and trying to find out why with no response. There is no phone number to contact them. No change in my profile. Maybe I was hacked, but the fact that there is no way to communicate is ridiculous. Trying to reset my password did not work. They need to have a better way to track these kind of issues!

Original review: March 10, 2020

A dating site with non-existent customer support. A dating site with a guy called Marcus ** (find him on Facebook), google his face POF Marcus, match the face and see it is him, but he denies he works for POF. A total unhelpful waste of space. It's a site where women block you for saying "Hi" or "Hello". When you receive a certain amount of "blocks" your account gets deleted. An email of complaint just gets you a standard reply like, "sorry your account was deleted in error" so you do another one and guess what, that gets deleted too. I could write a story about POF but none of it would be anything nice. A truly horrible place.

Original review: March 6, 2020

You will spend an hour filling up lengthy stupid questionnaires and then few hours later your profile is deleted for no obvious reason. NO email, no explanation. They are just collecting information for marketing companies. Stay away from them!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I wet on POF. Meet a man that has wife, a whole family. When I reported him to pof they did nothing. They allow these people up there using others. It not fair. There are people looking for love and relationship not just games. Pof is the worst dating app I ever been on. I had this man's wife coming at me when I found out he was married. I left that alone but she is calls me on crazy **. Someone needs to put a end to it.

POF.com expert review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information