2.83/5

POF.com Reviews

521 POF.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

This is an old review but I’ll send it anyway. Back in early 2006 I started chatting with another POF member. We mostly kept it epistolary until five or six months later when we finally met face to face. We met at a Japanese restaurant, ate and talked until they closed. I must say we hit it off, later closed our POF accounts and got married in a Japanese park the following year. Today I can truly say we are still married going on eight years in a marvelous and wonderful relationship!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was recently scammed by a STEVEN **, whom I fell in love with for over 10 months, he took all my savings and loans, lost my house and car in the process, he keeps asking for more money to come see me and things from where he is keeps coming up, claimed to live in OK and Michigan and went to both addresses. Nobody has seen the person before, went to the army he serving, they have no record of him, I was more than devastated when he continued with the story after I caught him, in a bid to recover my hard earn money I contacted the FbI, who later gave me a tutoring.

I was catfished in a love scam and there was little to nothing they could do about it, was able to hire a private eye who helped. Hired www recoveryknight .com, was able to trace my suppose born in Michigan Major to west Africa, he was able to get access through the details he provided me and was able to pay back $620,300 and still reported him his government after, this was a lot from where I was. So if you’re going through this get help and get your funds back. You can thank me later. This helps get you back on track.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First of it was free! I tried 3 other sites prior to this one which weren't free, and they were busts. Second it had a good chemistry test and enough space for writing your profile. The % of chemistry you shared with potential matches was helpful. It was easy to use and communicate with others. It wasn't hard to use if you had to update information or tweak details. I eventually found my match, after only having to meet two men, the second one was my match. We have been together for 6 years now and have just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! We are both so thankful to this site for helping us find each other. It honestly is a great site to utilize and I strongly recommend it. And again it was FREE!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've been on POF for less than a week and have met a person that is real. So far all is good, will see how things progress. We first sent 4-5 emails back and forth, then I ask if we could meet and she stated that it sounded nice and I told her of a place not far from me and we have agreed to meet there.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Shortly after signing on your inbox is flooded with messages from people hundreds of miles away despite filling in the distance minimum. The messages you receive are not believable as no one talks like that. Flowery love messages from guys lol. Once you answer and say yes to meeting, they disappear, not one but all of them. I'm glad I didn't pay for a full subscription as the site is run by bots. You can't even send a message to Marcus, the alleged founder, as he is also a bot.

Stay away! Far away from this fakery of a dating site!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I joined POF. l was a member for only three months before I decided to closed my account permanently. I had guys to inbox me cursing me out and insulting me because I wouldn't go out with them, when I reported the problem to POF the issues were never addressed and these people were still on the site to harass other women and curse them out too. And also POF have a bad habit about monitoring every inch of all your inbox conversations as well as your pictures and they would always send reminders not to say or do this or that or you risk being removed permanently from their site. The site is terrible. One of the worst that I have ever encountered. I recommend anyone to go to a more decent and classy dating site because POF is a trashy Low classed site with drug addicts and drunks and lowlifes.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

POF used to be great about a decade ago (I met my wife of 9 years there and went in countless dates with women). Now, 2019, the place has turned into web GARBAGE. I am a 6-7 looking male in my early 40s and I can summarize my experience as: 30% are superficial immature women looking for a Tall Brad Pitt that makes 250k+ (they stay on the site for AGES waiting, and waiting). 55% are FAKE profiles of beautiful women ran by overseas scammers (I heard real women also face this issue with fake male profiles). 10% are transexuals posed as females (Be careful guys, some of them advertise themselves as real women). 5% are average looking women that may be able to establish a conversation and would like to meet you. So the odds are against you. And by the way, any women 7 and above on the scale will get hundred of emails from men, and since POF only show 10 messages per page, your odds to get read are zero to none. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

In 10 attempts to log in (on different days), I may get in half the time or less. The website only recognizes my credentials (the same user ID and password) sometimes. Many times I get "incorrect user name or password. It has not changed in a while. Even when I did change my password it didn't recognize the new one. A day or two later, I try to log in and it works. I've messaged them twice about this with no response. The site has what seem like quality women on it but with that log in problem I will never pay to upgrade. Plus, I can still communicate with the ladies for free.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Note that this may not have anything to do with POF.COM, but I have no recourse with them because the only way to send a help request/message is through being logged into your account and mine was compromised and not accessible. I tried to call a number online that was listed as a support number. The number immediately disconnected and a different number (800) 505-8921 called me back. The person spent almost two hours getting me to share my computer screen and also my phone on the pretense of refunding me money. I'm pretty sure I was just scammed. I am reporting POF.COM because there has to be *some way* to contact the company besides only having an active account. My account was hacked, they deleted access, and now I cannot access it at all.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have only been on POF for about 10 days, but have been contacted by two proven scam artists and another two strongly suspected. I am retired law enforcement. Also, there were two others that aroused suspicion. I suggest that anyone on this site, especially older women, google dating scam profiles and techniques.

POF.com expert review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information