POF.com

POF.com Reviews

3.9/5 (1451 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About POF.com Reviews

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

POF.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2023

A funny thing happened when I was trying to login and pay POF.com for a Discount Deal on a One-Year Subscription!!! My login name & password, saved in my username/password software: FAILED! I tried to type it in directly, and that FAILED! I wrote them three times, they NEVER RESPONDED. My Conclusion: do NOT T-R-U-S-T POF.com!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

The site constantly sends notifications that people are interested in you and then you when you click on them, it says, "Sorry you can't view this person because their preferences are not for you. Find someone else"...lol.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I've been through many dating platforms over the years and POF is honestly the biggest headache-inducing service that I've used. I've been on their platform on 2 different occasions with little-to-no differing experiences. I spent almost 2 1/2 years on there from October 2018 to February 2021 and all I found were either bot accounts or dead silence. I returned to the service this past April and out of all of the accounts that I've had conversations with, only TWO of them were real people. This service is littered with bot accounts and I get contacted by at least one per day.

Some just flat-out message you saying, "I have snap, add me:____" with either a random name or even one that isn't the same that they list in their bio. Those accounts just want to add you on Snapchat to either sell you an OnlyFans subscription or to get money from you through a money-transferring service. Since the platform doesn't have a certified way to verify that a user is an actual human, this issue persists. Even though I've had issues with other services, at least services like Tinder and OkCupid have ways of verifying that a profile belongs to a real person.

One thing that even stands out that makes these profile look suspicious is when the job description of some users just say "job". If they were real people, they'd list what they do for a living rather than just having that answer in their profile. It's easy to tell when someone is using a stolen photo through a reverse image search, but it's impossible to tell who is real without visiting someone's profile first and it's pretty likely that the account you're viewing is a bot.

I honestly don't know who I can trust on the platform due to this rampant bot issue, which the service clearly has no intention of fixing. And if they did fix it, their real user base would drastically drop due to the high percentage of bot accounts that are littering the platform on a daily basis. How are people supposed to trust a dating platform when there's a highly likely chance that you're just going to come into contact with a fake profile? People go to these services to find a significant other, not to be consistently let down like a clickbait YouTube video. Until POF implements a system that forces users to prove that they're human and not a bot, this ongoing bot account dilemma will never subside. If you want an accurate name to give the platform, replace the F with the letter that's 2 keys to the left of that letter on your keyboard.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Dangerous app. Full of scammers/potential kidnappers. No quality control or verification at all. This app is full of bot accounts and catfishers. They all immediately ask to move to Snapchat and then they try to lure you in with either a relationship (this is a dating app, after all) or a sugar daddy/baby type setup. They all inevitably fail to send a picture of themselves with a simple hand gesture, such as this one.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Dishonest company! I did not renew subscription but debited it from my bank account. I received an email October/2022 saying that I would receive the refund in 5 days and so far I have not received it and they do not respond to my email.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

It’s okay for a man to give out fake alias and material status. Not to mention fake pix. My account gets deleted for no good reason. Plenty of scams on there. Always trying to lure you off POF and that’s ok.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I subscribe without realizing how poor customer service is. It is so difficult to sign into one's account when they re-set their password. It is very frustrating to try to get any help! I would not recommend anyone to subscribe to this website. In addition, there are so many fake photos, scammers and not a good place to meet anyone!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

If you are single, don't use this site. The men have many issues. One tried to stalk me. The other threatened me on texting. I called the police. Pay for a real dating site and not this one! Most are from out the country, looking for money!

Original review: July 29, 2022

Fake profiles galore. Scammers. A horrible waste of time. They take your money and give you nothing in return. I believe they have their own workers pretending to be persons looking for romantic partners.

Original review: April 1, 2022

If it exist I couldn't find it, no way to isolate matches to local area, I had people msg me that lived across the country. Useless. Got quite a few message notifications, when I went to messages nothing there. You couldn't make an app harder to use, I was constantly trying to isolate to age or location and it was a painstaking process. Whatever you do do not subscribe, that's another sad story of how to cancel.

POF.com author review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information