Find an Online Dating Sites partner

POF.com Reviews

3.7/5 (546 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About POF.com Reviews

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

POF.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: June 17, 2021

Candidates lie a lot about themselves and that's a big turnoff for me and others I know who are signed up. I am still a member but proceed with lots of caution. The pandemic has kept me off the website but now that things are opening up again I will began looking again.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Website is how I met my lady boyfriend Jimmy **! Really cared a lot about the guy but he turned out to be a cheater but a pretty great website all in all, if only I could block the cheaters that would be great! But a good safe dating website.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Pretty good site. It allows for all members to search by location and to send/receive messages. One can post in their profile a write-up of as little as one sentence or as long as half a page. There are plenty of members in every age category.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I met my husband on POF. I’ve always been off and on but have been permanently off the site since Nov 2019. I’ve met others on here that were just looking for a hookup but eventually I found my soulmate. Thank you POF.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Best POF Customer service @1-781-386-3003. Plenty Of Fish (POF) Customer Service has a team of experts who are available 24 hrs to assist you. Call POF phone number. I had the some issue with my account at pof and they resolved my issue. Helped.

Original review: June 28, 2021

In today's world the Modern Women, seems to go with the 5% of the guys whom are high earners, or High Profile men, and the site for a guy whom is of a middle class man, of quality whom has his life together but not a high earner this wouldn't be the place for him due to most of the women look at your profile to see this, then you may get a text here and there but it wouldn't be anything where they would wanna pursue a friendship let along a relationship. Best bet is to meet a woman at a social place, or gym. You will have a better outcome, due to some of these women are just here to be flattered, already in a relationship but looking for a "Simp" or "Beta" outside of their own relationships, or just for fun with nothing of intent....

Original review: June 26, 2021

It's horrible. I was active for almost a year, every single guy that messaged me wanted to hook up or send ** pics. It's gross. I really wish people just had some decency. I specifically put on my profile what I was interested in and apparently no one knows how to read either!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Site is good. It just the people. However, you are very getting responses for your likes. Usually, if some responds to you, you will be able to respond back to them if you are not a member. In the end you will be able to hopefully find your mate on this site.

Original review: June 16, 2021

The site doesn’t filters scammers or fake profiles…. So many profiles are stolen pics of other people and then they start talking to you and quickly give you some sad story and then ask for money. The site should try to prevent fake profiles or scammers.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Hardly anyone is accurate on their location on the website. I have had more bad experiences of a profile stating Houston but they live overseas. And I have found many scammers who ask for money. I assume these individuals are successful, not with me. And they continue to pop up on the website under a different user name.

POF.com author review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information