Find an Online Dating Sites partner

POF.com Reviews

3.5/5 (544 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About POF.com Reviews

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

POF.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: June 17, 2021

Candidates lie a lot about themselves and that's a big turnoff for me and others I know who are signed up. I am still a member but proceed with lots of caution. The pandemic has kept me off the website but now that things are opening up again I will began looking again.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Website is how I met my lady boyfriend Jimmy **! Really cared a lot about the guy but he turned out to be a cheater but a pretty great website all in all, if only I could block the cheaters that would be great! But a good safe dating website.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Pretty good site. It allows for all members to search by location and to send/receive messages. One can post in their profile a write-up of as little as one sentence or as long as half a page. There are plenty of members in every age category.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I met my husband on POF. I’ve always been off and on but have been permanently off the site since Nov 2019. I’ve met others on here that were just looking for a hookup but eventually I found my soulmate. Thank you POF.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Have not been able to signup with them, Tried various time in the last 3 months, There are a couple of questions they ask you, When you click on to it nothing happens, I have contacted their customer service about it, I don't know how many times, None of them seem to understand a person, When are they going to resolve this problem with their site, I have talk to other people, Who said the same thing happen to them also when they tried to signup with Plenty Of Fish.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I signed up only to have issues with POF still profiling me with pictures from google. Currently at private mother's birthday party, called twice to get my acct deleted. Wiped clean. I'm still on pof. WTF

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Paid in full for 3 months but went on it 2 weeks later and I'm not in the system. Refund the money or fix the problem you goofs. I'm tired of having this happen and want you to be clear. It is called fraud and whether or not it is in Canada or the states you can be charged. Now time for you to own up or ship out. I either get my money back or I have charges brought against you. And I'm sure this site is monitored.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I report scammers every day and nothing will be done. They let anybody sign up and seriously have no shame to let poor women get burned. Sites like this should be shut down if they can't get their stuff together. Too many women get scammed out of money because they are desperate.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Do not sign up for auto pay. They make it impossible to cancel. I am about to cancel my credit card to stop them. It's been 6 months and every effort I have made has not stopped them from taking out payments.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I am a retired US Marine, I uploaded a pic to my personal profile of the Marine Corps logo and it was removed due to their communist, cowardly guidelines. I can not get ahold of anyone, there is a phone number for customer service, when you call it states "You may leave a message but they are not checked" lol. What is the point?

POF.com author review by Mark Brooks

POF.com, also know as Plenty of Fish, is the largest completely free online dating site.

• No Charge: While there are upgrade options available to further enhance your experience, POF.com is the largest dating site that allows you to have a completely free dating experience.

• Profiles may include several photos: Users can provide photos of themselves in various settings as well as both full-length photos and headshots to provide the most accurate information about themselves for potential matches.

• Advanced behavioral search algorithm: Along with allowing members to perform basic or detailed searches, POF also reacts to the profiles you choose to click on. In future searches, it will then refine your results by bringing you results that match both what you are asking for and what you are looking at.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through POF.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: POF.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

POF.com Company Information