POF.com Reviews

POF.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

POF.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Best POF Customer service @1-781-386-3003. Plenty Of Fish (POF) Customer Service has a team of experts who are available 24 hrs to assist you. Call POF phone number. I had the some issue with my account at pof and they resolved my issue. Helped.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I don't believe one word one word out of this CEO's MOUTH!! He is 100% a liar!! A BIG FREAKING LIAR and his the sole employee story is horse poop!! I had my Identity stolen and my account hacked by PLENTY OF FISH!! I felt degraded and like a piece of crap. I went to POF and showed them screenshots of what they were doing. They hacked my account And took it out looking for members to use the new communication system. They bought coins and extended my membership on my credit card!! Yes, they not only stole my identity but they STOLE my money. Feeling like a victim, I took screenshots of what his people were doing. I'm Horribly upset and I showed theses screenshots to POF. They ignored me.

I finally used some foul language in an email I sent these people. Again, Can you imagine what was going through my mind?? I felt like someone PUSHED me down and beat the living crap out of me. My image was screwed! POF was using words like "HEY BABY" and other words that would creep the crap out of any woman. They rewrote my profile and caused me tons of reputation damage. It was POF who hacked me and ruined me. Their final answer was to kick me off the site for using bad language to one of his employee's. So, he's not the "SOLE EMPLOYEE!" He's a liar and a thief!! This CEO is a liar, a fraud and this site is dangerous because it's them who hack your account!! They stole my identity and they will steal yours too!! Be safe and don't join.. I'm ruined because of this trash site who steals money and your ID!!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Used this site many times in the past decade. The only features they've added are paywalls to keep you from viewing profiles or finding out if someone liked your profile. The subscription rates are abusive, the matchmaking features don't work properly. It's just a garbage site. Avoid.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I found someone I was really interested in, deleted my account and it was hacked after I deleted it. I tried to change my password and enter my account but matter what one of 3 emails you have (personal, student, professional) none of them received an email to edit my password. RUINING MY CHANCE WITH SUCCESS FOR A RELATIONSHIP I ESTABLISHED.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Total scam site....so many scammers...and even when you report the profiles....POF does nothing to remove them....disgusting men that make inappropriate comments....I have asked numerous times to remove profiles...nothing is done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I have been on this site a few time but my account eventually gets deleted every time for unknown reasons. 1st time they muted me for weeks but allowed men to send me messages? Why? The site allowed me to reply but my reply never appeared. No explanation that time. Eventually I deleted my account due to no explanation....I started a new account....POF deleted...no explanation. I waited 6 months. Started a new account. I was very careful with my responses and wording...no naughty talk or bad language....

After 4 months of my new account.... received a message my account was deleted for violation of terms of use and or community guidelines. Not sure if this is due to being harassed by men I dont respond to? Is someone randomly reporting me out of retaliation for being rejected? Because men are certainly able to send inappropriate messages to me.... Their terms of use & community guideline section is too broad and generic to understand what you did wrong. I called, emailed...received generic responses. "Your account is under review"...."There has been a delay in reviewing your account"...

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have actually used POF on and off for over 20 years, going back to when the site was completely free. It was never anything more than serviceable, but since it was free, you got what you paid for. Then about 18 months ago I returned to POF and created a new account because my old account went away when they became a pay site. I was on the site for about 9 months, then deactivated my account and left. I decided to try it once again so I reactivated my account, updated my information and my email and sent a payment for 8 months. I logged out, and downloaded the app for my phone. But when I tried to log back in, it rejected my login and instructed me to request a password reset. I requested the reset and waited...and waited...and waited. I requested the password reset 5 times. Nothing happened. I checked all my folders, spam, trash, everything. No email with password reset instructions.

So I sent an email to the POF customer support. When I finally received a response, this was what they said: "We recently noticed suspicious activity on your account, so we reset your password as a precaution." So they receive my payment and immediately suspend my account and reset my password. And, they never tell me.

I have now exchanged 10 emails with them and the people at their "customer support" have told me that, despite following their instructions on how to reactivate my account, that the inability for me to log back into my account, they cannot help me and they will not return my money. They have said that they will return a portion of my money. This means that, after I paid them and they rendered my account unusable, they feel that they are not responsible and still deserve to keep my money, that they have not earned. What other business is there that believes that they are entitled to keep your hard earned money despite not only never delivering the service/product paid for, but causing the issues that are keeping you from the service/product that you have paid for.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

This dating website Plenty of Fish is a scam. I haven't had the account a week and you have to pay to even see your matches? Customer service sucks. The website is hard to navigate and when you do get matches again why have to pay just to look at a loser profile? I will say now to everyone do a legit dating service if you want to treated as valued customer cause to my surprise plenty of fish has a lot of complaints so let this sink in before you decide to go on their website.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Their customer service is horrible, someone hacked my account stop me from accessing it, mind you I am a paid customer. The hacker changed my info to same sex. Now I'm getting unwanted inquiries, and POF is doing nothing about. They don't protect your privacy and when account is breached they won't help you. This after they have pocketed your money.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I am a software engineer with over 30 years of experience and have to rate this site as poor in a number of areas. Some of it is poor design, some poor decision making, and some is bias. This following is a list of what I consider the worst.

1. 14 year limit - someone, who presumes to be the absolute authority on human relationships, decided that no one should be in a relationship with anyone who is more than 14 years younger or older than themselves. Due to this, one is not allowed to communicate with anyone who is more than 14 years younger or older. This is bias, also known as age discrimination and leads to people lying about their age.

2. Secret list of taboo words - there is a list of words someone decided were "vulgar", and will keep messages from being sent, stop your profile from getting approved or even have your account flagged. This, in and of itself, is not problematic, but the fact that this list is not available to reference, is. This is a care of bad design and decision making.

3. Different criteria as to what is acceptable in a profile is based on gender - it seems there are different criteria as to what you can say in your profile, depending on whether you are male or female. If you are female, you can state openly that you are looking for sex or drugs, etc., yet if you are male and state the same things, your profile will not be approved. This is case of bias and sexual discrimination.

4. The POF police bot - POF has programmed into their site a bot that examines initial communications between parties. What it is looking for is not disclosed, but if it finds what it is looking for, it will delete your profile. Worst of all, you will not be notified as to why and once deleted, your profile is gone forever. This is bad design.

5. Deleting unread messages - members can delete unread messages. POF tells its members to be nice, but then lets members delete initial messages without even opening them. Since most members what more than short initial messages, this allows for very rude behavior, since someone spent time and effort composing a nice introductory message, just to have a shallow member delete it without looking at it. This is bad design and decision making.

6. Blocked profiles show up in search results - POF includes profiles you have blocked in your match results. There are reasons members block other member's profiles, yet POF puts them in search results, and this allows for the member who blocked the profile to try to write to it again, just to get a message saying this profile is blocked - what a waste of time. This is bad design.

7. Nothing indicating message was not sent - unless you check sent messages, you will not know if your message was sent or not. If you have a taboo word (see above) in an initial message you are sending, POF will not send it and does not notify you that it was not sent. Also, if your message is not sent, it is also deleted so that having one taboo word in a message could cost a lot of time and effort that was put into that message and will have to be duplicated. This is bad design.

8. No way to contact customer service unless logged in - the link to customer service is not available unless a member is logged in. This means, if a member's profile gets deleted for some reason, there is no way for that member to contact customer service, since they cannot log in if their profile has been deleted. This is bad design and decision making.

9. No category for cheaters - POF has no place for cheaters to put their profiles, which means they have to list them with the non-cheaters. If POF had a category for cheaters to list their profiles, it would cut down members that are not interested in cheaters having to deal with the cheaters. This is bad design and decision making.

10. Three month minimum premium membership - POF does not have a one month premium membership. I bet you can guess why. It is not for the convenience of its members. It is only a way of increasing profits - shame on POF. All I can say to this one is "greedy".

I could go on, especially about how lacking POF is when it comes to dealing with scammers and spammers, but I think what I have listed is enough. To sum it up, POF is a POS (think in the terms of waste material). The sooner people quit wasting their time on this site, the sooner this site will either take the steps to remedy its shortcomings or cease to exist. Either would be better than what they have going now.

POF.com Company Information