Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

POF.com Reviews

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

POF.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

POF.com is a dating website. I have been in and out of this site for over 6 years. I have noticed many more fake profiles these last two years and scammers. To make a long story short, each time I am talking with someone I make sure this person is really who they pretend to be. I have become an expert in detecting fraudulent profiles, as soon as they start talking. I reported some of them (Married men, liars and scammers). I am a teacher and I have respect for all people (my reputation is well established). I am very upfront though when I think they are telling me lies.

Here is the way the company deals with that sort of issue: Today I received a message from the company saying I had been harassing people and possibly discriminating them and I have been reported for an offensive behavior. This message included threats of having my profile deleted if it happened again. I responded to them. For me this is just unacceptable from part of a company that doesn't check on the profile of their members and accepts members that obviously are con artists.

I am an older lady and obviously I have been targeted by the latter very often. I just want to report on POF's response to that, which is totally inappropriate. They should check on the profiles of those who report and not accuse of harassment or discrimination the ones that are serious. I am offended and I consider this an insult to me and my profession. I am allowed to ask people if they are fake or scammers since 1 out of 2 is on that website. It is just unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I signed up to check POF out - set up the account and went to log-in. It said my user name and password were wrong? - Weird, since I'd just signed up. I tried to reset a couple of times. Then I tried my computer a couple of times. No Luck. Sent an email to support - got a generic email saying to reset my password and explaining they had no individual support options. Tried again - no luck. Meanwhile, over 100 people had sent messages or adding them to favs in two days. I couldn't respond. I couldn't even take down my profile because I couldn't log in!

I sent another email - and oddly got a text from a Connecticut number saying to use a passcode. What? - there is no passcode. Don't even want to know what that was about. But yes, I tried it in case it worked. Of course, when I texted back, silence. Finally, I blocked POF because of the emails coming in - I felt bad as I am sure those guys thought it was just another fake profile. It wasn't. On the 'help page (lol) - POF says if you're still having trouble it may be your IP address and to try again when you are back in the US (lol - I am in MA).

Anyway - I am sure if pressed - they'll have some kind of generic response like my friend who got blocked on FB, "You know what you did..." lol - then they shut her off and closed her account refusing to interact with her. Anyway - I won't try again but if you are thinking too, I'd wait to spend any time creating a profile or uploading a photo until you see if you can log in - because now they have all of this heartfelt info on me with a recent photo posing as a member... Not a good feeling.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I am so frustrated with this website. So many clearly fraudulent profiles. Someone may say that they have a masters degree and then their profile has poor writing skills. Others have a nice profile but when you message them, they are from another country and speak broken English. I have tried to contact customer support but I have received no answers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was satisfied with the product. I paid for a year subscription and stopped using it after 3 months. I thought I closed the account and stopped using it. I'm told I didn't actually close it, just paused it. Despite the fact that they can see that I haven't used it in 8 months, they charged me for another full year. I noticed the charge 5 days after they charged me. I asked for a refund. They acknowledged that I hadn't used it, but still charged me for the entire next year. They are more interested in charging for clearly unused service than they are keeping a customer happy. Pay close attention.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Don’t waste your time specially if you are a women. They have no customer Service. No one to help you. You send email and no one ever gets back to you. I got a profile and everything was ok. One day I was not able to get in to my profile no matter how much I tried to reset my password. It tells you to put your email and they will send you a reset link. I never received anything, I signed out again with the same email different users name and made another profile and the same thing happened. I tried to do the same and yes it works but I have to start all over again, I don’t care to be on this site anymore.

My problem is I have probably 2 profile active with pictures.??? I want my profile delete it and can’t.and no one to help me. I have spent hours trying to find a solution for this. Writing emails. Making calls and absolutely no respond. Don’t waste your time with this. It’s not worth it going to this aggravation. I have been in other sites and is soon as you have a problem with always someone to contacts you. Customer service are good. This is just horrible customer service. Actually no customer service whatsoever????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POF.com?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Joined POF to help me write an article about online dating sites and apps available. The fake accounts are prevalent but that's not the real issue. If you displease a premium account, yours will be blocked. If you don't answer a premium account, you will be reported and blocked. There is no customer service. There is no explanation. "Your account is blocked because we said so". I made 12 accounts to test. Four of them still remain active because I am "nice" to any premium account that messages. The other 8 are blocked the moment I disagree with a premium accounts' view on women and how they are to be treated. The verbal abuse premium accounts allow themselves is staggering. Nothing happens if they are reported.

I was subjected to gruesome role play requests, a frightening number of pain related questions and a lot worse! A lot of the suggestions made by POF premium accounts were not even legal and can be viewed as an assault. POF doesn't care. I have reported premium accounts numerous times. They are sill active. Other similar sites are bad and favor their premium accounts but POF is frightening.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

A few months ago, someone logged into my profile, changed a few profile information and sent out about 70 interests, making a lot of email for me. They were all very undesirable matches. I responded, as I did not want to get kicked out for this. A few men told me off, or wanted sex. Men were sent interests telling them to phone, or clink on a link. It was a USA number. I reported it to POF. They didn't care at all. After about two weeks, they finally sent an email advising me to change my password, which I did myself that day. I wrote back asking if they were investigating. Without a response. They don't care about our safety.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Pof is very unprofessional. They delete accounts without investigating situations and allow people who are married not single or try selling themselves to keep their profile open. I've realized they are a fraud and scam site. They deserve 0 stars and don't even have a contact number because they know they are a fake website. I wouldn't waste my time. All men ask for is naked pictures and then you're ** outta luck. Beware of this site for it is a made up piece of **.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

There was a profile and picture of someone that I really like and am unable to message on POF as they tell me they’re interested in a different type of person even though they reached out to me initially and want to connect. So I am puzzled that POF is doing this when they’re supposed to be about bringing people together who are mutually interested.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I was searching for those over 60. “Men” supposedly close to 60 were contacting me with the intent of getting my phone number to “chat”. Right away I was called honey, sweetheart, darling...etc. They were mostly “widowed” with younger kids at home. After responding to their replies they wanted phone numbers, several told me they were military! I’m sorry I’m not desperate or stupid. If you are just now a Sergeant in the “US Military” and 60 something years old then you are not very bright. This website isn’t what it is supposed to be. POF really needs to screen the photos and make sure they are providing a SAFE service. Be VERY CAREFUL PEOPLE!! Free isn’t always good.

POF.com Company Information