1.68/5
  • 1 star
Based on 98 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

There are currently more than 30 million singles signed up on FirstMet. FirstMet is not a basic, general dating site. FirstMet strives to give you a low friction, no pressure environment to like, match, and connect with real people in your area and around the world. FirstMet is not promising marriage but instead offering a meeting place for happiness in many different forms. These forms are unique to each individual member. FirstMet is available through its website as well as its mobile apps.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

115 FirstMet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This site is worthless. I typed a long involved review and FirstMet lost it when I tried to add an emoticon (A pile of **.) The message system doesn't work at all, if you try to find ANYONE from your area it directs you to EVERYONE, who isn't close to you at all. I think it's all fake ads. The only way I would ever recommend this site to my WORST ENEMY, is if I were trying to kill him very slowly, through FRUSTRATION. A lingering death, but FirstMet can do that easily.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Well first if all I didn’t like the way the system says you like every one and all the guys respond and the age and distance won’t set right and I can’t change my birth month, is this want you want customers? Unhappy.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I did not authorize the upgrade. I notified my credit card company and reversed the charged. I have canceled my credit card. How dare you upgrade me without my authorization. I will never recommend you at all to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Not much to choose from local. You need to promote this better to get more women! That's why I have tried using this before and it's still the same! I only signed for a month and already about to stop it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Not happy with this site at all. I've met more people on other sites. I haven't met no one in this site. Have even had any conversations with anyone and I'm not into talking to someone a million miles away. If this is a dating site then there should be someone close enough to me to date. So what I've spent was a waste of money. I've done better on site I ain't had to spend a dime on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

It seems like it's ok. I still like more live chatting like a site called Cherry Blossoms. There were a few scammers before. I think they finally cleared out. So that is what I would do to make things better is more messenger live talking and more like cherry blossoms and have more ways to spot scammers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The quality of the man that I met on your side as for the pictures of four and the qualities of their answers are immature. I don’t care if you keep the money that I paid you so far but I would like to be removed from your side and get no further correspondence. I hope this is possible.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Half the women on here if they are women are not the women in profile. Most are 37 years old and never married with no children. Most seem to live in Ghana. I would like to cancel subscription and get money back if possible. I am not happy with service at all.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The men who contact me are 10-15 years older than me, 10-15 years younger and/or they live hundreds — sometimes thousands - of miles away. This has been a total waste of time and money. I also dislike the ice-breaker line because so many men use the same line over and over again....no original thoughts. At this rate, I will not be renewing my subscription. Thanks anyway!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

You added amount of money to 10.00 and I didn't know what it was for. I had other match maker companies wanting me to join them. Some of your picture were 2014. I was only interest in men close to my hometown and not younger than me. Very disappointed that most of men were out of the state of Iowa. Please take my name off out FirstMet.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When you try to respond to your clients, you receive a message they have discontinued the service. What do I do to get refunded. This makes no sense, I was talking with a young lady and your service discontinued the communication, that she had discontinued your service. Unbelievable dating site!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Your site saying this person is a great prospect for a date in Ohio or New York and many other places very far away from Oregon! To me is stupid!!! I am not wanting to waste my time sorting out men from across the country!!! It is going to be a long frustrating 6 months dealing with this site!!! Very unhappy and I have only been on this site for a week! Hope it isn't all this stupid!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I cancelled and am waiting for a conformation that my account has been removed. Please stop sending me messages from First Met as I am not interested. Why is it so hard to get you to understand and delete my account and my profile from this site.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Actually, I've had fun on this site. I believe if you're open and honest you will get people that want to talk to you or avoid you like the Plague. At least you get like Minded responses. I realize there are Folks on here that are Charlatans but that's to be expected anywhere. I've been with two ladies from your site in person and found them to be Super.. If you're Trying to be Married next week then say so, If you just want a Good Pal to shop, lunch, go to the movies with etc. say so.. Most of it has to do with you and what you really want..

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was not a fan of the site, I was continually seeing the same members I had skipped and wasn't able to view the members that did message (small profile window in messaging). Inadvertently set up an ice breaker which led to about 50+ message responses. Too much to deal with and thread through. Wasn't for me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I'm wondering why, when I've clearly stated I live on the central coast of CA, I keep getting messages from everywhere except near where I am? TX, NY, MN, MA, IA, AZ, etc?? Also, as I will be turning 70 tomorrow, I'm honestly not interested in getting to know men in their 50's. Surely you can do a better job geographically of "matching" people???

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

When I reply to messages from members I am asked to pay a second time for a 'trial' membership and cannot access their messages to me. I will cancel the current membership to avoid repeated drafts from my charge card.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

You would not do as I asked. I never got on and in 20 minutes I asked for my $19.50 back. You didn't do it, so I did what I said I would do. I went to the Indiana Attorney General's office. I found out you are a FRAUD and a SCAM. I am putting it on the internet and Facebook. You will be hearing from them. You should have give me my money back.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So far my experience on First Met has been a bust. I have set filters with a maximum miles at 25 and seen women that live 50 up to out of the country. I have also set the ages between 55 and 65 receive questions from women in their 70s. On the whole not good so far. I hope things improve.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So far as of January 4th, I have nothing. Men interested in me are from Florida or some other state. I requested Idaho only. Tell what I'm paying for again. So far I want my money back!! (And now you're asking for more money to be more available to others). What the hell does that mean!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I signed up for what seemed to be a good deal in a dating website. I Called to cancel the next day and waiting on a refund. I would not recommend even thinking about joining this site. Prior to joining they make it seem like you have all of these messages coming in from people and it is all a big load of **. No-one even local is on there.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Men are so scary on here. I think you have scam artist on here. Not happy at all. Not user friendly. I dont see a phone number to call? Please cancel me please! States they were online every time. I get messages early in the morning. Sign of scams.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I've noticed there is not much difference between premium and what I had that was free. Kind of disappointing. I feel there should be more of a difference. If I had known, I would have just continued with the free service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Since I've been on this website it has been VERY CONFUSING & ANNOYING. I've been getting Ice breaker messages from men outside my age limit as well as outside of the state in which I live. I wish I would have NEVER paid. I will not be renewing. Oh to cancel the subscription I have to call. Very unprofessional & so inconvenient. Maybe a visit to other dating websites will help you better your website & its functions.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I am totally sorry that I joined your site. I would like to get a prorated refund. I can't filter who I want to see. I don't want women with children or are smokers or drinkers. All I can filter is the ethnicity and distance. Please let me out of this crap. I also don't have the same to be refunded so a check would be in order.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018
I have been trying to use this app for quite a while without a lot of success. I find it very hard to use. I don’t like the way the messages are sent out on my behalf.

I don’t want to receive messages that were really not intended for me. The matches are not even close to my requirements. I request a distance radius of 25-50 miles and I get matches all over the U.S. I ask for an age range of 65-75 and get matches from 30 yr old and 80 year old. I ask for men only and I get women matches. Just don’t think it is very user friendly. Wish it was.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Met a few women who had really old pictures and looked nothing like their pictures. Not working for me. I feel that many women are not really presenting a true picture of themself. Just not enough response to my profile. I had to find someone special.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Received numerous amount of questionable inquiries from members very far away from me and outside of my search parameters. Difficult to run searches of members in my area. For those who met my search requirements they did not respond to my outreach. Overall a poor experience.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The few people I have emailed have not responded. This site is too canned for me. Please remove me from this site and refund my money. I don't like this site.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Before I signed up I received pictures of many men but once I signed up none though I have reviewed a whole lot of pictures. Most do not appeal to me. No one has reached out to me... Granted I am older and in a rural area. But I look and act a lot younger!! So far a waste of money and time and I'm glad I did not spend very much.

FirstMet Company Information

Formerly Named:
AYI (Are You Interested?)
www.firstmet.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use