1.55/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FirstMet

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

There are currently more than 30 million singles signed up on FirstMet. FirstMet is not a basic, general dating site. FirstMet strives to give you a low friction, no pressure environment to like, match, and connect with real people in your area and around the world. FirstMet is not promising marriage but instead offering a meeting place for happiness in many different forms. These forms are unique to each individual member. FirstMet is available through its website as well as its mobile apps.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

24 FirstMet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I would appreciate if you try to match me up with younger women 45 to 64. I have had no success thus far because you keep sending me women my age or even in their 70's. I am financially stable and wanting to develop a serious relationship. To be perfectly honest I would like to have more kids and get married someday. I have one son but have always wanted a daughter. I would consider marrying someone in their 30's or 40's or I would like to meet a woman who already has kids. PLEASE HELP ME OUT! It is not fun being lonely. I want someone who is willing to work towards establishing a serious relationship. Thank you for your time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Getting too many women who indicate they are no longer a member and their membership has been deactivated. These same women ask for a text number or email address right before they are deactivated. Why are all these same women asking for a text number? Sounds like some type of scam or a way to get information. How are they becoming members?

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

The men on here that I have come in contact with are either married, "separated" (separated is still married) or looking for "a good time". Just not my kind of site. I was. Try skeptical in the beginning about what kind of people I would meet and I was right. Won't do this again. Not the sites discretions. They do not know who is really on here.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

To be honest, this site is a shambles. I lost good friend because I found pictures of his wife on here. She claims they were put on maliciously by someone with a grudge BUT HER HUSBAND THOUGHT I WAS TRYING TO HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH HER... How can this happen. There is much too much meddling by the site in sending out icebreakers on behalf of members who don't want icebreakers sending, which leads to false hopes and often rebuke. The like button is used far too much by admin when you just look at someone or even sending a message... Just because you send a message it doesn't automatically mean you like someone. Too much "matching" and liking.

So many "old memberships" on here who don't actually come on the site anymore, you haven't a clue who is and who isn't active... Would be far better to have a timeline button showing prospective suitors just how long ago a person was actually active or whether they are even still a member. Too many words obliterated in messages by asterisks. No other filters on one's profile other than age and this isn't adhered to when people are allowed to view you and send icebreakers when well over the age you wish to contact. And finally there are too many young girls on here UNDER THE AGE OF CONSENT. I have made 2 complaints about this matter, and not a single person from admin has ever had the courtesy to get back to me on this matter of underage girls... THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING, and I am glad my membership runs out in October. I will not return to this shambles of a site. Total waste of money and time.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have had way too many scammers contacting me. You need to improve verification of members. Your email alerts are confusing. Just now I got an email that a Lewis had sent me a message. No Lewis when I went on your site. I will not renew unless things improve dramatically. Do not share my contact info or my name with anyone or anybody or anywhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was on here for 3 months, over 100 hits a day. Problem is 1 out of every 50 was even close to what I wanted or liked. Some of the men were just nasty. The comments being made should be monitored a lot closer. I am not saying this was all bad, I met a few very very good friends on here and possibly my soulmate! It's just the bs to find them was unneeded. Thanks for taking my $9 for 1 additional month and cutting me off after 1 week.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Am finding out that the men that contact me are only looking for an easy lay. That is not what I want, am looking for a companion to go and do different things with, NOT JUST SEX... to me there is more to life than that. Looking for a friend or two, someone to talk with and can enjoy each others company. The other things you keep matching me up with ones that over 100 miles away. I have asked for them/him to be within 100 miles.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I got matches from all over the country, very few nearby ones, didn't follow my profile at all regarding ethnicity, and the icebreakers were very canned and didn't promote conversation. I usually answered "other" and they put a dialog in my own words. Sometimes the conversation history got lost/deleted which made it frustrating. Very disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I tried to reenroll and cannot access the account. Cannot log in to pay and re-enroll. Poor for customer access. What is the reason for this? I set it up thru Facebook but it just sits and spins when I try to access it. How or can I re-up for your services?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I finished using the site because many women were fake and scammers were accessing the site. I raised this issue with FirstMet however they declined to respond. They need to have better security measures to stop international scams. I know they were scams because I investigated it on anti scam website.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I attempted on many occasions to cancel my auto renew, weeks before it was due, but was not provided the ability to do so. All of a sudden it renews and when I called I was told there was no way to reverse the charge and there was no one higher than the service rep that I could speak with. It had literally just renewed that day. I am sick and tired of these auto renewals and the company making it impossible to navigate the site to cancel it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Too many people trying to scam you. You are there with good intentions and the other person is trying to get you to like them so they can get money from you. Need to do better job at checking people out before you let them in.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

The worst dating site I have ever experienced in 15 years of being online. Full of non-existent, fake profiles or people trying to dupe you. When you make contact with anyone for any reason you have deemed it ok to send out a "like" to this person when this is not so. Are you ** mental or what. This next point is in the realms of illegal surely. I cannot delete my profile and leave your crap dating site. The only thing you let me do is make it invisible when I sign out. For ** sake I want to delete my profile, that’s what I want but can't. You won’t let me delete my last photo so I have no photos on profile. Your site is the pits, absolutely unbelievable. You couldn't make it up. Do me a favour. Delete my profile completely... can’t you?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

This is the worst dating site that I have ever experienced. All these women are from different states and even different countries. Some are scammers. I have never been hit up by so many scammer women. I have met no one and I have been on here for about 6 months. Not worth it. I had better luck with free sites like POF.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I am pleased with FirstMet except when I get a message from someone & I try to answer, the answer sits there for days or longer. So they do not get my response... Some messages are never delivered. I don't know what else to say until I see if this can be corrected. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have been on 4 different dating site & yours is the worse. I would never recommend your site to anyone. I would click on 25 miles for my radius & I would get responses for Florida, California, Kentucky, Ohio & I could go on & on.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I am very disappointed in your services. I was in contact with the gentleman for almost 10 months and I thought something was wrong but I played along. Yeah come to think of it he was not how he was. Profile was totally wrong. That phone number was some strange place. I even did background checked on him. Totally false, false, false. Another one same issue. Checked out the phone number address and everything on here I got a parking lot.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was contacted by a lot of scammers. They were looking for women to give them money. They had a hidden agenda in mind. Also, approach me asking me what was my pleasure. I was not looking for a sexual hookup.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

There is virtually nothing in the profiles to tell anyone what a person is really like. Nothing to encourage a further subscription. Very little in the way of contact from any persons. I was given a six-month subscription and have had no satisfaction what so ever. Very dissatisfied subscriber and will not be renewing.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I found that this FirstMet was a rip off. There were no local contacts to be made or least none in my vicinity. I signed up local people and that sure wasn't the case, needless to say I am pissed off!!! Big waste of my time and money!! There will no further sign ups to this site for sure.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I joined the site initially to try it out and tried to cancel any ongoing charges because I did not want to continue with my membership but was told I was too late by one day. So my card on file was charged for a further 6 months. Just hope I do not get charged again otherwise I will be real cross. The site is really not a good site to be a part of. I only have regrets in not being able to cancel ongoing charges.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

You don't screen your applicants very well. When I say that I only want to be connected with ** men, between 65 to 80 years of age, and within a 50 mile radius of where I live, that's what I expect to see. This is not what happens after you pay your money. I can't afford to pay for something which is not going to be of any benefit to me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My only complaint with this site is so many fake profiles. You don't know who is real and who is a bot until they sent you a message saying please send me your email address and then the account is deleted 5 minutes after. I'm not a fan of that. That why I will never pay for this site no matter what perks you add.

FirstMet Company Information

FirstMet
    Formerly Named:
    AYI (Are You Interested?)
    www.firstmet.com