It's that easy Request Information
1.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

There are currently more than 30 million singles signed up on FirstMet. FirstMet is not a basic, general dating site. FirstMet strives to give you a low friction, no pressure environment to like, match, and connect with real people in your area and around the world. FirstMet is not promising marriage but instead offering a meeting place for happiness in many different forms. These forms are unique to each individual member. FirstMet is available through its website as well as its mobile apps.

131 FirstMet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

They kept expanding the distance on my matches. I tried to cancel but couldn't. They billed me for another month. I stopped auto renewal and called and canceled. They still sent me an email about a match. I unsubscribed from their emails, but still got another one. They said I won't receive anymore but we'll see. They refuse to refund $24.99 back. I'll never date online again!

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Canceling is really hard. I sent an email 1 week ago stating I wanted to cancel. I no longer wish to renew and want to avoid automatic billing at the end of my trial period. I have not received an email back regarding the status of my cancellation.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The system is not user friendly. I signed up for a cheap 15$ 3 month trial. I stopped using the service 2 weeks and then they proceed to auto renew it at 49.99 without notification. Trying to get the phone number off their website is next to impossible. I told them I had not been using the service and I called quickly enough. They billed my card late on Friday. I was emailing over the weekend. I was told no refund. Too bad. So sad... I called their customer service after finally finding it hidden my account and was hung up on. Each person who answered said they are the supervisor and can't transfer. Was told to dispute it with my bank. Their recording claimed wonderful customer service. If that's wonderful customer service I wonder what crappy customer service looks like to them. Overall the app is crap. The company is crap. If you sign up cancel immediately. Cancel anything auto renewal. In fact just don't sign up. Save yourself the trouble.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Your site is very confusing. I set the distance. Criteria at 25 miles and it jumps to 100 and 500. A box will pop up saying no matches. Had to expand the distance. It should be up to me if I want to expand the distance. I don't want a long distance relationship. All other dating sites I've been on don't expand the distance. I have control.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I joined FirstMet in February. I have not found any suitable matches they just throw anything at you. BUYER BEWARE if you don't want to renew make sure you follow up. They took money out of my account and I said I didn't want the service anymore because the people they sent me were unsuited for me but they it's like a thief in the night. So again I say BUYER BEWARE of FirstMet's business practices. I would never use them again in this life or any other. Thanks for nothing, I know this review will not fly but if someone sees it they can tread lightly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FirstMet?

Original review: March 26, 2018

When I joined, I got a lot of contacts, yeah a lot of not existing people, that loved me, then wanted money. Personal record, $15.000 after a week. So in the end of last year, I told this company, that I wanted out. So surprised that they took money from my account today. 354 sek, like $35. So tried to get in contact. I want that money back. I do not want to look at the men they chose for me. Like we both like "Kill Bill" or that we both like a book. So tried to send a complaint about the bill. Not possible. Just a lot of info I don't need. So now we see if they send my money back.

Original review: March 25, 2018

No clear understanding of what you get for free vs a paid membership. Not clear how many active members are on the site. What does "online recently" and "click yes on me" mean? Can't seem to find the answers to those questions. I'm not going to become a paid member, if you are a paid member and want to stop auto renew, you have to call a 800 number, not about to do that. My advice, enjoy the free features whatever they are and keep your money in your pocket. This site is way too confusing. BTW, each time I log in the price for the paid membership goes down. Now, I can get a 6 month membership for $26.00. Maybe they don't have a lot of paid members and begging for money or maybe this is their way of getting you, you pay for a membership and they make it really hard for you to stop auto renew.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Not very happy. Too many out of staters. Not to many within the 25 miles. Do not want your service anymore. Please close my account and please take me out of the list. I hope you end my account asap. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have filled in several times I do not want to date black men or hispanic. No one over 64, I have deleted these men several & they keep popping back up. This site continues to send me the men I have deleted. Someone brought it to my attention not too long ago saying my Profile has crazy jokes. I had no idea who put these jokes on there. I did not. It was embarrassing. This has been on there for a long time. My rate was set at $2.99 per month, I look at my credit card & they are taking out $14.99 so please check that out. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

You set Ice breakers to men I didn't like. You set the yes I like you when I didn't tell you to. And after my account closed you put locks on messages that I had already received 21, 17, 5, day to 2 months before my account closed just to get me to reopen, that is wrong. I cant even view their profiles now.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I paid by PayPal. Please refund me as you promised. PayPal said you did not refund me - you promised too. I signed up through my cousin's Facebook account because I saw your ad there. PalPal is doing an investigation on this. PLEASE refund me as promised. Thank you. Please also send me an email of confirmation that you did refund me via my Email address.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I downloaded the app after signing up for premium, tried to login, requested a password reset via email several times but never received an email. Navigating via web is terrible. I prefer to read a profile before responding to anyone but seems that is not possible. I will go back to Match. Never a problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been trying to get online with the website but it won't let me login! It says that my password is wrong and I even tried to reset my password! Not very happy!! I spent money on your website and have nothing to show for it! I was hoping for a better experience!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This site is worthless. I typed a long involved review and FirstMet lost it when I tried to add an emoticon (A pile of **.) The message system doesn't work at all, if you try to find ANYONE from your area it directs you to EVERYONE, who isn't close to you at all. I think it's all fake ads. The only way I would ever recommend this site to my WORST ENEMY, is if I were trying to kill him very slowly, through FRUSTRATION. A lingering death, but FirstMet can do that easily.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Well first if all I didn’t like the way the system says you like every one and all the guys respond and the age and distance won’t set right and I can’t change my birth month, is this want you want customers? Unhappy.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I did not authorize the upgrade. I notified my credit card company and reversed the charged. I have canceled my credit card. How dare you upgrade me without my authorization. I will never recommend you at all to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Not much to choose from local. You need to promote this better to get more women! That's why I have tried using this before and it's still the same! I only signed for a month and already about to stop it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Not happy with this site at all. I've met more people on other sites. I haven't met no one in this site. Have even had any conversations with anyone and I'm not into talking to someone a million miles away. If this is a dating site then there should be someone close enough to me to date. So what I've spent was a waste of money. I've done better on site I ain't had to spend a dime on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

It seems like it's ok. I still like more live chatting like a site called Cherry Blossoms. There were a few scammers before. I think they finally cleared out. So that is what I would do to make things better is more messenger live talking and more like cherry blossoms and have more ways to spot scammers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The quality of the man that I met on your side as for the pictures of four and the qualities of their answers are immature. I don’t care if you keep the money that I paid you so far but I would like to be removed from your side and get no further correspondence. I hope this is possible.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Half the women on here if they are women are not the women in profile. Most are 37 years old and never married with no children. Most seem to live in Ghana. I would like to cancel subscription and get money back if possible. I am not happy with service at all.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The men who contact me are 10-15 years older than me, 10-15 years younger and/or they live hundreds — sometimes thousands - of miles away. This has been a total waste of time and money. I also dislike the ice-breaker line because so many men use the same line over and over again....no original thoughts. At this rate, I will not be renewing my subscription. Thanks anyway!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

You added amount of money to 10.00 and I didn't know what it was for. I had other match maker companies wanting me to join them. Some of your picture were 2014. I was only interest in men close to my hometown and not younger than me. Very disappointed that most of men were out of the state of Iowa. Please take my name off out FirstMet.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I didn't want to sign up for it. I was on another site and somehow signed up to this one and there is nobody on here close to my location. Most are in different states or like a 100 miles away in my way.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

When you try to respond to your clients, you receive a message they have discontinued the service. What do I do to get refunded. This makes no sense, I was talking with a young lady and your service discontinued the communication, that she had discontinued your service. Unbelievable dating site!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Your site saying this person is a great prospect for a date in Ohio or New York and many other places very far away from Oregon! To me is stupid!!! I am not wanting to waste my time sorting out men from across the country!!! It is going to be a long frustrating 6 months dealing with this site!!! Very unhappy and I have only been on this site for a week! Hope it isn't all this stupid!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I cancelled and am waiting for a conformation that my account has been removed. Please stop sending me messages from First Met as I am not interested. Why is it so hard to get you to understand and delete my account and my profile from this site.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Actually, I've had fun on this site. I believe if you're open and honest you will get people that want to talk to you or avoid you like the Plague. At least you get like Minded responses. I realize there are Folks on here that are Charlatans but that's to be expected anywhere. I've been with two ladies from your site in person and found them to be Super.. If you're Trying to be Married next week then say so, If you just want a Good Pal to shop, lunch, go to the movies with etc. say so.. Most of it has to do with you and what you really want..

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was not a fan of the site, I was continually seeing the same members I had skipped and wasn't able to view the members that did message (small profile window in messaging). Inadvertently set up an ice breaker which led to about 50+ message responses. Too much to deal with and thread through. Wasn't for me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I'm wondering why, when I've clearly stated I live on the central coast of CA, I keep getting messages from everywhere except near where I am? TX, NY, MN, MA, IA, AZ, etc?? Also, as I will be turning 70 tomorrow, I'm honestly not interested in getting to know men in their 50's. Surely you can do a better job geographically of "matching" people???

FirstMet Company Information