1.11/5

59 Cupid.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

Loveagain is a sister site of Cupid.com. After I canceled my Cupid subscription last fall, they GAVE my banking information to loveagain.com who has been making unauthorized debits from me since November last year. They make it very sneaky, looking like it could be just another transactions. It was pure chance I noticed it today when I checked my transaction records. I have contacted customer service for a full refund and they refuse to do anything other than a free month membership despite the fact that I NEVER gave them permission to bill me for a site I have literally never gone to until today to contact their customer service department.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The profiles are fake. There isn't a single real profile. I signed for the 3 day trial and they wanted to charge me more. I was cautious to do it with a card that had limited funds. If you call them, they never answer. The profile cancellation process takes you nowhere unless you engage giving them even more info. AVOID THIS SITE AT ALL. I used other sites and this is the worst I've ever seen. A total Scam.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

They do not speak clear English whenever you’re having a problem regarding your money! I accidentally hit the premium and it charged my card. Instead of them having a confirm payment button it just automatically takes your money with one accidental click. They also make like on their website they will refund your money, that’s NOT true. You will never receive a refund. Ever. And then all this occurred in minutes. I accidentally hit premium for a month after just purchasing 3 day trial and called instantly for a refund. But no it was against their policies to give refunds even if it was only a few minutes of purchase.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Paid for the service, and was unable to make contact with any other " members", whose pictures were shown. Kept getting a message to "upgrade" to contact the potential dates. I don't believe there were any other real people, other than me. It's all bots. Don't get ripped off by Cupid!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I signed up for 3 day trial. Wanted to cancel. The representative kept trying to talk me into another subscription. I said, “No just cancel.” This was a month ago but I see they billed me twice this month. Now the site has no number just email. I’m going to have to cancel my card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cupid.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I canceled my subscription to Cupid.com over the phone and the representative explained they would not refund my money, and talked to me like I was ignorant. Then he tries to talk me into a free three month subscription to the site, all the while telling them I did not even want the subscription and wanted my money back. So not only did they keep my money they tried to pull money out today that was never authorized and had to shut down my card from my bank account!! These people are scammers and fraudulent. Not only is it full of profiles that you can tell are fake, but their website makes it so hard to navigate to delete your profile! Thumbs down all the way!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Don’t bother going to this dating website. It is comprised of nothing but scammers and the company practices deceptive practices. I took out a 3-day subscription to check emails and messages. My bank notified me when the company made an attempt to take out more than I had authorized and shut down my credit card. The company does not allow you to cancel billing online. You have to call them. You end up talking to a customer service rep who has a language barrier. The next thing when you tell them you are not interested in their services they try to give you a 15-minute sales pitch in which you have to lose your temper informing them you are not interested.

Shortly after you hang up from them, you start receiving phone calls from countries other than the US. Luckily my phone blocks all calls unfamiliar to me. Now let’s get to the perspective “dates”. Out of country Scammers who cannot put three words together to complete a decent sentence. Individuals who make an attempt to lure you outside of the website to communicate with you. They immediately insist on you sending them more pictures of you. I’ve come to the conclusion that they want pictures of you to create fake profiles to lure other people.

The scammers provide you with a telephone number that does not match the geographical location that they list on their profiles. These scammers have an abundance of tricks when trying to lure innocent people and if you’re not careful and observant you can get caught up in it. Lucky for me, my employment taught me very well on what and what is not real and genuine. I don’t understand why this company along with other dating sites are not investigated for their deceptive practices.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I wanted the 3 day trial and they ended up taking that charge and another for 30.00. When you call for assistance, you get nowhere. I wish I had read these reviews before I got involved. Now I have to go through my bank to ensure they don't have access to my account. Lesson learned but what a big mistake. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

From the second I first created my account, I started getting messages from members with random characters. They don't even bother to try to make some semblance of a real name. If they do happen to have a picture in their profile, you can right click it and search for the image on Google. This almost always results in being some super model's images, and not the person in the profile. These people like and message you constantly, especially if they see you are online on the site. Then they ask you to leave the site to chat some other way, or you can give them your personal email... (don't do this, there's no way to track them once you leave the site). There were 5 people located within 50 miles of me... and I'm in a decent sized city. To top it all off, when you cancel your billing, it gives you your user ID, and tells you to call a phone number!!! This whole site is nothing but a scam.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

90% Scam Profiles - I signed up with the BBW plus size site and what I found over the course of a month is that the majority of anyone contacting me was a scammer. Note to you: If they only have 1 picture posted and they have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. If they contact you and don't have correct spelling, punctuation, grammar - yet have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. Pay attn to details in their profile description and see if the picture matches - many times that will send up the red flag. Major waste of my $50. Now let's see how difficult it is to cancel. :(

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I joined the site hoping to meet local people. But in a age of 45-60 I had pictures of women in their early twenties purporting to be 48 plus they lived in Ghana. I’d only been on the site one hour before I thought cancel. I could not get hold of anyone. The form you fill in for cancellation and refund does not send. Finally had a call back. No refund. Just offered two months free. I said, "I don’t want to go on the site." Leave well alone money robbers!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am appalled that anyone could use a dating site to blatantly steal money from innocent people. The scammers pose as interested men but the idiot conversations via WhatsApp soon makes you think that these are bogus people posing as engineers and doctors. When I tried calling their numbers they never answered but called me briefly. The conversations were very suspect and they were always in a hurry posing always as half Italian but with awful accents! As I am no fool I feel upset and violated that I shared personal stories with these idiots. The police should be informed and TV consumer programmes alerted. It seems that they are targeting older women who think may have money. What disgusting human beings. They have made me feel exposed and an old fool.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I joined this service because I was playing around on the website and saw that I had received messages and there were numerous interests in my profile. I signed up for the three day $2.99 trial. This did not unlock the account so I could explore the website. I tried calling their customer service and was put on hold forever and then told to press one for a callback. So I requested the callback and started researching the website (which I should have done before giving my credit card number) and found this Consumer Affairs site. After reading how this is basically a rip off scam, I called my credit card company and asked how I can prevent this company from making additional charges to my card. What I had to do was cancel my card and have them send me a new one, which is way easier than having to deal with these thieves. Lesson learned, and I'm only out three dollars.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I signed up for one month to try Cupid.com. Easy enough. But a few hours later on the first day, I was online in the middle of messaging someone and was shut down and told I had been blocked! No reason given and their customer support is horrible. I get auto responses but no help AND I started getting emails from men who said they had met and seen me on dating sites. I had never heard of with UK.com. addresses!!! Very frustrating because I can’t even log back into Cupid.com to straighten this out - it directs me to a “sex in the UK” form! In addition I was automatically upgraded adding to the expense without my knowledge or consent charging me $31.96 instead of the $23.99 I agreed to.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This site makes it so difficult to leave, and having tried to do so within their complicated system several times, I FOUND I WAS STILL BEING BILLED! I was promised a refund, but then they changed their mind. Stay clear, not just because of the above, but most of the contacts seemed to be gold diggers... You have been warned.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I set up two separate accounts to test their site. One page I used a random photo of a horse in the wilderness. The other a picture of Tom Brady. Both accounts instantly received 20-30 messages but no profiles views. Which means the messages were sent by bots or people who never even looked at your page. Falsified profiles aimed at getting you to upgrade subscriptions. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THAT CUPID IS A SCAM SITE. THEY PREY ON LONELY SINGLE MEN. Don't be a victim.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I set up a profile and paid the subscription. I found the website busy to say the least, with masses of messages and solicitations arriving from all over the world. I cancelled the subscription after 2 days, using the 14-day UK cooling off period as prescribed by consumer legislation and documented in the Cupid.COM Terms of Use. Cupid neither issued emails when accepting subscriptions nor replied to requests to cancel subscriptions. Although the account was downgraded, they did not return the subscription. Instead, a similar account was opened at LoveAgain.COM and it seems my refund was used to fund that account, but without my agreement.

I have kept the emails I sent and the automated response Cupid.COM sent, so there should really be no problem. I must remember to ask my bank to block them from my account when I put in a claim. My experience is that Cupid.COM does not operate according to their own Terms of Use and therefore I feel justified in stating that I found it to be operating outside of applicable law.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I am single and 60 and signed up for a 3 day trial period at a cost of $2.97. But... after the time period was up, I checked my bank statement and saw I had been billed $29.99 for another month. This isn't right to do to someone. I never signed up for anther 30 days on this site. Their billing and debit to my bank account caused me financial hardship as I was not expecting this charge and it caused me to bounce other bills that I had expected. The quality of men on this site leaves something to be desired too - so DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANY ONLINE DATING SITES UNLESS YOU READ CAREFULLY THEIR BILLING POLICIES.

Original review: March 3, 2018

But the biggest trouble is their Wingman actions, who will find a slight match when you’re offline and tease them with cutest, stupid sexy opening lines. May work for person who will date a farm animal, but hooks you up as if YOU said the words, thus leading them on, I’m 65, no prude, but at times have been mortified to “see a man they’ve hooked me up with and you feel you have to say something. I canceled my membership in less than 24 hours, it still working. Also Zoosk will nickel and dime you to death. Going to Match and/or eHarmony! These are much better although I haven’t done this since 2004.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I set up an account with Cupid.com on 1/11/18, went through the whole process and tried to upgrade membership, had issues with PayPal and when I went back the PayPal option was no longer available... I reached out to the admin e-mail as the site instructs you to do so, and a get some generic reply message about, if you would like to cancel your account follow the steps in settings. I replied back that I didn't want to cancel membership and explained about the no PayPal option any longer. And because I had answered all of their interest questions the 50% pricing was available.

On 1/12/18 I called the customer service number and spoke to someone and they put the PayPal option back, however the pricing that was up now was the higher amount. I referenced that I should have the 50% off pricing and the representative said, "Oh, that's only good for the first day of the account." I said, “There were problems with your site and I should still be able to have that option.” She then became aggressive in her tone... And started with their scripted **. I asked to allow me to talk and had to interrupt her several times to seek that. With me saying again, “That isn't fair that I'm not able to get the 50% off pricing because of your site's issue.” She proceeded to tell me, I'm only able to use their fee option since they aren't accepting any type of payment from me... Which confused the hell out of me!

I asked for an explanation and she was rude as ** and said we can choose who we want to accept payment from or not. And when I asked for an explanation again, the ** hung up on me!!! I called back waited on hold forever and when the line was picked up, they hung up on me again!! I would stay as far way from this site as possible, RUDE ** PEOPLE, and ** customer service! Sorry had to vent, that sort of service pisses me off! Hope this review helps prevent someone else from having to deal with them!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

STAY AWAY. Scammer Cupid.com are thieves. BY ALL Means stay away from cupid.com. If you choose the 3-day trial for $2.97, they will right away charge you for 29.99, 23.11, 2.97 or more at the same time, claiming they added extra features that you never asked for. Plus they will contact you with staff profiles (posing as real dates) to get you to sign up for their services. Plus there are plenty of fake profiles, just to name a few. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD INFORMATION. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have not found a "decent" date. Meaning this seems to be a married man hook-up site. They either are "widowed" or their marriage needs spicing up. It is not the site's fault. I understand that but really screen your matches carefully. I have since given up on dating sites.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Stay away from this site!!! It's filled with SCAMMERS!!! The guys are all widowed, live out of state, and look like models but they are really creeps sitting in Nigeria. They claim to be civil engineers, widowed with a young child, conveniently working overseas saving the world! They give you a song and dance and fall "head over heels" with their victim. My scammer thought he had a live one... Wrong. It's embarrassing as it took me a week of texting the creep to wise up and do a little homework and found the poor guy he was pretending to be. Thank god he didn't get a CENT out of me!! Beware!! When you try to cancel your membership you have to call a number and the person on the other line could barely speak English and argued with me about cancelling. It's really a shame that these dating sites are just overfilled with scammers!!! I would rather be lonely and single!! Save yourself the aggravation, time and money and stay away!!

Original review: May 7, 2017

When I first signed up and created my profile on Cupid, somehow my gender selection was wrong. After uploading some of my photos I checked my profile and saw it read "male". I went through the steps as prescribed on Cupid to request my gender changed to female. I looked back at my profile and saw my uploaded photos were gone so I uploaded again and went through the steps to request my gender change on my profile. (Requested gender must match your uploaded photos). Well, since my uploaded photos just disappear, I am in a conundrum. After several messages to Customer support, have received no response. My next step is filing a complaint with the state Attorney General's office.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I had a paid account with this website for year. During my (6 months + 6 months) one year membership, I received chat and messages from like 500-600 women. What a coincident, all of them were African scam. What more interesting, people I reached out myself also were scam. Spend some hundred dollars to see how deep it goes. Turn out it's infinite...

Original review: July 21, 2016

I joined Cupid.com and realised immediately that I had made a mistake (literally 10 minutes later). The terms and conditions stated that I had 14 days to change my mind. I was relieved that I was well within this timeframe and seeing as I didn't activate my account I assumed that my refund of £30 would be made within 24hrs. 10 days later, I have not received any acknowledgement or any contact from this company. I would like to exercise my consumer rights and for my money to be return to me immediately.

Original review: April 17, 2016

Cupid.com has many scammers trying to rip people off.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

Cupid.com stole money from me and I never signed up with them. I don't know how they got my information or my credit card number. They took 140.00 out of my account without me knowing, did not get any emails with an account name or password but yet they took my money. How do I get my money back and put a stop to future scams.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Cupid is a criminal operation. Most US banks will not let you use their credit cards to sign up for a reason -- Cupid will renew your paid membership even when you have an end date. They hide the place where you get to stop the subscription. Most people have to google to find the page. It is also filled with romance scammers -- and they are not removed even if you report them. I know, I've reported them and they were never removed. If you want waste money join. If you want to meet real people go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I had written you about Match.com and the various foreign men that tried to scam me. Well I decided to also to go to Cupid which I believe is owned by the owners of Match.com and also Zoosk. My results were horrifying. I found many profiles being shared amongst the three dating sites. Many of the men's backgrounds as far as where they lived, their name, phone numbers, their age, and if they were widowers or married, proved to be inaccurate or false information given by them. Some of the men I questioned all seemed to be in business for themselves.

When I asked to meet them they were either too busy working either in or out of the country or did not show up. I then decided to tell each one that said how much they really liked or loved me that they had to show me a picture ID or license and a bill with their address on it to prove to me that they were who they said they were. Well guess what happened? These men who were so in love or liked me a lot completely dropped off the face of the earth and even their phone numbers are changed. These dating sites are not providing the consumer a true picture of these men. They could do some basic things to make sure we get the dates that we deserve and the service we paid for. I think it there is fraud going on here and the people getting hurt are us the consumer.

Cupid.com Company Information