1.11/5

59 Cupid.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

Loveagain is a sister site of Cupid.com. After I canceled my Cupid subscription last fall, they GAVE my banking information to loveagain.com who has been making unauthorized debits from me since November last year. They make it very sneaky, looking like it could be just another transactions. It was pure chance I noticed it today when I checked my transaction records. I have contacted customer service for a full refund and they refuse to do anything other than a free month membership despite the fact that I NEVER gave them permission to bill me for a site I have literally never gone to until today to contact their customer service department.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The profiles are fake. There isn't a single real profile. I signed for the 3 day trial and they wanted to charge me more. I was cautious to do it with a card that had limited funds. If you call them, they never answer. The profile cancellation process takes you nowhere unless you engage giving them even more info. AVOID THIS SITE AT ALL. I used other sites and this is the worst I've ever seen. A total Scam.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

They do not speak clear English whenever you’re having a problem regarding your money! I accidentally hit the premium and it charged my card. Instead of them having a confirm payment button it just automatically takes your money with one accidental click. They also make like on their website they will refund your money, that’s NOT true. You will never receive a refund. Ever. And then all this occurred in minutes. I accidentally hit premium for a month after just purchasing 3 day trial and called instantly for a refund. But no it was against their policies to give refunds even if it was only a few minutes of purchase.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Paid for the service, and was unable to make contact with any other " members", whose pictures were shown. Kept getting a message to "upgrade" to contact the potential dates. I don't believe there were any other real people, other than me. It's all bots. Don't get ripped off by Cupid!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I signed up for 3 day trial. Wanted to cancel. The representative kept trying to talk me into another subscription. I said, “No just cancel.” This was a month ago but I see they billed me twice this month. Now the site has no number just email. I’m going to have to cancel my card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cupid.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I canceled my subscription to Cupid.com over the phone and the representative explained they would not refund my money, and talked to me like I was ignorant. Then he tries to talk me into a free three month subscription to the site, all the while telling them I did not even want the subscription and wanted my money back. So not only did they keep my money they tried to pull money out today that was never authorized and had to shut down my card from my bank account!! These people are scammers and fraudulent. Not only is it full of profiles that you can tell are fake, but their website makes it so hard to navigate to delete your profile! Thumbs down all the way!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Don’t bother going to this dating website. It is comprised of nothing but scammers and the company practices deceptive practices. I took out a 3-day subscription to check emails and messages. My bank notified me when the company made an attempt to take out more than I had authorized and shut down my credit card. The company does not allow you to cancel billing online. You have to call them. You end up talking to a customer service rep who has a language barrier. The next thing when you tell them you are not interested in their services they try to give you a 15-minute sales pitch in which you have to lose your temper informing them you are not interested.

Shortly after you hang up from them, you start receiving phone calls from countries other than the US. Luckily my phone blocks all calls unfamiliar to me. Now let’s get to the perspective “dates”. Out of country Scammers who cannot put three words together to complete a decent sentence. Individuals who make an attempt to lure you outside of the website to communicate with you. They immediately insist on you sending them more pictures of you. I’ve come to the conclusion that they want pictures of you to create fake profiles to lure other people.

The scammers provide you with a telephone number that does not match the geographical location that they list on their profiles. These scammers have an abundance of tricks when trying to lure innocent people and if you’re not careful and observant you can get caught up in it. Lucky for me, my employment taught me very well on what and what is not real and genuine. I don’t understand why this company along with other dating sites are not investigated for their deceptive practices.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I wanted the 3 day trial and they ended up taking that charge and another for 30.00. When you call for assistance, you get nowhere. I wish I had read these reviews before I got involved. Now I have to go through my bank to ensure they don't have access to my account. Lesson learned but what a big mistake. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

From the second I first created my account, I started getting messages from members with random characters. They don't even bother to try to make some semblance of a real name. If they do happen to have a picture in their profile, you can right click it and search for the image on Google. This almost always results in being some super model's images, and not the person in the profile. These people like and message you constantly, especially if they see you are online on the site. Then they ask you to leave the site to chat some other way, or you can give them your personal email... (don't do this, there's no way to track them once you leave the site). There were 5 people located within 50 miles of me... and I'm in a decent sized city. To top it all off, when you cancel your billing, it gives you your user ID, and tells you to call a phone number!!! This whole site is nothing but a scam.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

90% Scam Profiles - I signed up with the BBW plus size site and what I found over the course of a month is that the majority of anyone contacting me was a scammer. Note to you: If they only have 1 picture posted and they have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. If they contact you and don't have correct spelling, punctuation, grammar - yet have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. Pay attn to details in their profile description and see if the picture matches - many times that will send up the red flag. Major waste of my $50. Now let's see how difficult it is to cancel. :(

Cupid.com Company Information