4.84/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

62 Webroot AntiVirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased the first edition of Webroot when it came out. Over the years this software has done an amazing job in protecting several of our computers.and mobile units. Once loaded, you don't even know it's there until it catches an infection attempt. Easy to use and understand. Peace of mind is one of its greatest strengths.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

After having problems with several security suites I saw an ad for WEBROOT and after doing some research decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Webroot runs quietly in the background and does not bother you with a lot of popups and approval queries. The scans are the fastest I have experienced and my computer performance is not compromised. The dashboard that controls it is easy to navigate and use. The secure anywhere suite has many useful features including a password manager and 25GB of backup for important documents etc. I relied on the reviews to pick this security suite and I wouldn't recommend it if it hadn't performed as promised and I have no reservations in recommending it to others.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We're ecstatic to read how your experience has been, Frank!

Your feedback is always appreciated and we look forward to protecting you in an Interconnected World.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Been using it for a long time now and never gave me any problems. It seems to do its job and I never had any malware or infected files so I'm happy with it.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's awesome to hear, Greg!

We're always just a few clicks away if you ever have any concerns in the future: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Absolute no brainer for five years and never have had an issue unless it's the re-up. Just buy it, sit back and relax. If you want to know what they have done on your behalf or discovered it's just a click away...

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's exactly what we love to hear, Jim!

Thanks for sticking with us.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have been using Webroot for several years now and have been very happy with it. If a site is not safe it will block it so I cannot go on it. It will always ask me if I want to continue on it anyhow, I always say no and it takes me back to safety. It is very reasonable and it works great, that is the most important thing to me.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's the most important thing for us too, Lori!

Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions we can help address: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Digital Care Coordinator

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Easy installation, low impact on performance, solid performance and always running in the background. Will not let you access a website that is suspicious and put a green check mark by the sites that are safe for you to click on.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We sincerely appreciate your support, Adrian!

Enjoy having the power of the Cloud watching your back.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I have had WEBROOT installed on two of my computers for 8 years and never had a problem with my computers. No viruses whatsoever. I highly recommend WEBROOT. It is automatic. You do not have to do anything. WEBROOT does it all for you.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks so much for sharing, John, we really appreciate it!

Please feel free to reach out if we can help at all in the future: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

So far, Webroot has pretty much kept garbage out of my inbox. Every now and then I receive some spam or questionable email, but that's only happened a couple of times.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for your feedback, Hazel!

If there is any problem we can address, don't hesitate to let us know: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Our company recently purchased Webroot and several of us installed it onto our work computers and home rigs. The new security has interfered with various software that is used daily. I tried contacting the company and no one has responded. This is frustrating as you would think someone would be available to troubleshoot the product, but apparently, you have to try to source answers on your own with other frustrated end-users. I just want it uninstalled and my rig restored. BTW, do not purchase Norton either. It is useless and troublesome as well.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Shelley, our Support Team will need to classify and whitelist the files associated with the programs you're running. This is a normal practice and something they're happy to do for you and your Company.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am−6pm MT

Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please feel free to email me directly and I'll work on getting this taken care of for you ASAP: JPetraglia@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The unknown underrated security suite that has taken top honors in many tests. Light, fast, cloud based, and who doesn't love a company that is headquartered in a old nuclear missile complex!!!

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thank you SO much, Alvin!

We take pride in the fact that our Headquarters is located here in Beautiful Broomfield, Colorado. Support is always English-speaking and U.S.A. based!

SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I've been using WEBROOT for at least 4 years. I started with one computer and now I have two laptops and a tablet that I use it on. I have used other big name programs before, and none of them have done as good of a job as WEBROOT! I would highly recommended this product and I'll keep using it on everything I have.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for the AWESOME feedback, Marc!

We strive to make your experience as carefree as possible.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like Webroot better than Norton or McAfee that I have used. We paid for Avast and never got to install it. Even call and they just ignored us.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, George.

I highly recommend bookmarking our "Contact Us" page as an easy reference in the future: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This provider has never failed me and I've recommended it to all my friends. And while the support staff is a bit "techs" they have been very helpful. Price reasonable for product too.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We really appreciate you reaching out & letting us know, SJ!

Don't forget to let your friends know they can try Webroot completely for free: Webroot.com/Trial

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Super efficient and never slows down the computer. But downside is the WRDATA directory which should be megabytes but goes to gigabytes. Have worked with support about 5 times to lower it but still GB. Messed up my LastPass installation and replaced it with their own PW manager without asking. Really angry about this. Their backup software really doesn't work which makes it a dangerous feature. But the anti-virus seems great.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We appreciate you sharing all of your feedback, Gerald.

Please send us an email so we can ensure your case is escalated with our Technical Support Team: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have been with Webroot about 3 years now for all of the PCs in my house. They have the very best customer service and provide the best protection of all of the antivirus and PC security systems available. I have never had a virus get through Webroot but it did happen with other brands, and when it did the other brands then wanted me to pay again to remove the virus their inferior product let on my PC. Webroot scans are fast and easy and they work. I highly recommend Webroot as the best PC security and anti-virus product available.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We appreciate you sharing your story with everyone, John!

Webroot takes pride in offering Outstanding Customer Support to all Customers entirely free of any charge.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I love it for Windows! Small footprint, fast, dependable. Good and responsive support when needed (for false alarm checks for example). Highly recommended for Windows. However the multi-license (5 in my case) also covers my Android phone. There it seems in need of development, there seems to be no real time protection, only possibilities for manual initiated searches. On the other hand that seems to be the case for all Webroots competitors as well!? I wonder who will be the first with a level of protection for the mobile phones that is on par with the protection of Windows?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I acquired Webroot several years ago free with TurboTax and have used it with Windows versions XP, 7 and 10 with no problems. It rates websites from suspicious to safe when using the Yahoo search engine but not DuckduckGo or not recognized by Microsoft Edge. In the past Webroot also has identified malware not recognized by other products according to my tech support person.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for sticking with us through the years!

We're ecstatic to hear how our IP Reputation Services has helped protect you when using a search engine. We appreciate the feedback!

Digial Care Coordinator

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

It is very dependable. I have had it for 3 years and it has been 100% for me, thanks for the experience with you, thanks again!!!! I like the automatic scans then you get the report if any viruses was blocked. You get the results in seconds after scans.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's exactly what we like to hear, James!

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

As a new member, I am satisfied with your product as I become familiar with your program(s). As a retired individual, my needs for protection are few, but yet important considering what goes on everywhere else. I will contact you when in doubt or in need for more information.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your feedback, Guillermo!

We're always here to help. Just a click, call or email away: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The best antivirus software out there ever! Definitely recommend for everyone to use. It is the fastest and most reliable antivirus software available. I spent some time researching antivirus software and once I read the ratings and its capabilities I was hooked.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thank you so much for the high praise, Adrian!

We appreciate your diligence in finding the Best solution for your needs.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I purchased Webroot for my security needs in June 2017 and I must say, I have never been so happy with any other security product ever!! Webroot is absolutely fantastic. It does everything I need and then some. It is quick as can be, does not conflict with anything on my PC or my Android phone. I placed it on my Dad's laptop and cleaned his huge mess up and he too, was and is very impressed, that alone, is something that never happens, with a stuck in his ways, very older "Scottish man"!!!!

Not only does Webroot do what it says, but it is very affordable as well. I was completely shocked that its cost was as low as it was and it does all that it does!! I never hesitate to recommend it to my friends and others and will continue to do so. When my year subscription is due, there will be no hesitation at all, to renew. What a FANTASTIC PRODUCT! Thank you, Webroot Secure Anywhere!!! If there was a Nobel Prize for internet security and cleaning up systems, you would surely win, hands down!!!

Webroot AntiVirus response

There's nothing we can say about this high praise other than THANK YOU, Lesley!

We're so happy to hear how using Webroot has made such an impact on you. If we can do anything at all in the future to help, please don't hesitate to reach out: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This software installed easily, does not require customer updates and it also scans very quickly. I have used this software for almost a year and it seems to work as advertised. I use this software as my primary security program.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Mark!

If there is anything we can do at all to help boost your experience to a full 5-stars, please don't hesitate to reach out: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Webroot will be my first choice for computer virus protection from now on. Protection with Webroot was much better than with three other (well known) competitors that me and my husband had previously purchased and tried. And renewing that protection was easy, thanks to Webroot's assistance and direction from their support team.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We're so happy to hear of your experience with Webroot and our outstanding Customer Support Team, Marcella.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to protecting you from now on!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Not sure how to say more than the description says. I don't have to think about it. It's there doing its thing, and I haven't had a problem since I started using it somewhere around 3, 4 years ago. Desktop, tablet, and phone, all good.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's exactly what we like to hear, Lynn. Set it & forget it!

We sincerely all of your positive feedback and support.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've had Webroot on my computer, and laptop for years. Keeps viruses off my systems. Automatically scans and reports if anything needs attention. Will continue to purchase every year. It's a good price and if you renew early it adds those days to your new subscription.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Set it & forget it as we like to say, Amy!

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to protect you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have had Webroot for over a year and just added a 2 year extension with an upgrade to Security Complete. I have had no issues since purchasing Webroot, and dropping Panda Security. Webroot has worked great on all my devices.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's outstanding to hear, Steven!

We're ecstatic to hear how happy your Webroot experience has been and we look forward to protecting you for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

A couple of reasons why I like this software: 1. Cost for both IMac and Apple laptop is very cost effective. 2. Downloading was simple and easy to complete. 3. With Cox cable, MacAfee was only available for download on certain days, and at a much higher annual cost. 4. The control panel is basic and thorough each time the auto scan is completed, with results feedback.

Webroot AntiVirus response

We appreciate you being so specific, Russell.

If there is anything we can ever help out with, just let us know!

SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have always liked Webroot, it's a great company to protect your electronic devices. I would recommend Webroot to all my friends and families. I have had Webroot for many years and I always sign back up every year. Thank you again for protecting my computers, laptops, and phones.

Webroot AntiVirus response

That's exactly what we like to hear, Sonja!

We sincerely appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Let us know if we can ever help you in any way: SocialCare@Webroot.com

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Have had Webroot for four years or more and never have had any virus problems since then. Prior to that this was not the situation. Webroot was recommended by the business that takes care of my computer and it has been a blessing.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thank you so much for your feedback!

We appreciate your confidence and look forward to protecting you for more years to come!

Digital Care Coordintaor

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have had nothing but great help with this company. I have had several issues in the past and they have fixed them for me every time. I just renewed my subscription with Webroot for another 3 years. If I have an issue I usually can speak to a tech or chat almost immediately and I can understand every word that is said. Love them.

Webroot AntiVirus response

This is some superb feedback, Bobbi!

Thanks for taking the time to go out of your way to let us know.

We appreciate you.

Webroot AntiVirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information