4.26/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Webroot AntiVirus

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

220 Webroot AntiVirus Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 18, 2019

Webroot charged me an unauthorized two charges of $59.99 which they stole directly out of my PayPal. When I complained and contacted them they refunded one charge but refuse to refund the other. When I call, they keep transferring me back to the main menu and do so over and over again until the system hangs up. When I email they won’t accept me giving them the PayPal transaction IDs or even screenshots of the charges. I am furious. They are liars and cheat people out of money. I have been fighting for my refund for 6 days now to no avail.

Hello Natasha,

I would like to resolve this for you. Would you mind sending me an email with your transaction details so I can locate the order number?

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: March 31, 2019

I am getting ready to renew Webroot (the 5 license SecureAnywhere). I have it for almost 2 years now on two laptops and two desktops. It was a difficult choice to transition from Norton AV that I used for many years but the Symantec overhead was slowing down my computer too much. Webroot does not seem to slow down my home network or computers. I do not use it on my iPhone though - those app ratings seem pretty low. I have no complaints on the desktop, laptops or robust home network. Caveat: I have not had any need to use customer service for technical issues so am unable to comment either pro or con on their customer service, sorry.

I did contact Best Buy when I wanted to upgrade after a year at the initial subscription. That sales inquiry, while every one was polite, was frustrating. I bought the laptop and Webroot from Best Buy initially... but they sent me to Geek Squad but GS doesn't service the Webroot so they sent me to someone else who sent me to someone else who got me to Webroot Sales who was unable to upgrade my Webroot subscription because it was through Best Buy... but did open a totally new account at the upgraded subscription I wanted and facilitated a partial refund of the old account through Best Buy. Whew!!! There's half a day spent on the phone. That was the only problem I had, though. Just a sales issue, but it was challenging.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a key on Monday, March 11, 2019. I had an issue with getting the key to work and let me download. I called and spoke to Andrew in tech support, he walked me right through the process. It was my lack of sleep while traveling that I didn't follow the prompts as instructed. It loaded and was working much faster, burning much less background resources than McAfee. I had another issue unrelated to their software where after doing the Dell updates that mangled my OS. I called tech support again and spoke to Hunter, then Josh. They stayed on the line with me for quite a spell, fixing my issue in safe mode. I only wish my Admin were as adept in solving issues and providing solutions. Thanks so much.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've had Webroot SecureAnywhere since May 2014. I never had to contact them for service until today 3-5-2019 and only because I needed to add my new laptop to my existing account. This has proven to be one of the worst experiences that I have had with a company to whom I was paying for service. On a call into their 800#, I pressed the '2' for Consumer Service Support and it played a recording that directed me to use their online support. The online support wasn't working for me so this is why I called to speak with a Tech.

I found another 800# for them and it gave me a live person, who was only directing calls. I was transferred to speak with a Tech but when they supposedly answered, the call mysteriously cut off. I had tried using my KEYCODE to get into my account to add the new laptop; ONE time it let me in only for me to discover that the account shows that I had NO or '0' devices being protected. I tried to download the product again and again and again but NOTHING worked. Oh and I did try the online CHAT, which just sent me on a wild goose chase. I know how to handle this... In 47 days my product coverage is up for renewal... NOT!!!

Hello Janet,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are willing to do so, please send me an email so I can investigate this further. I can be reached at wcommunity@webroot.com. And again, I am sorry that you have had this experience.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

A previous review stated, "Customer service is also very friendly and extremely talented." That is nothing but ** and is doubtless planted by a Webroot shill. First of all, if you try to buy one year's worth of anti-virus coverage for $29.99, they will instead charge your credit card over $80.00! BAIT AND SWITCH IS ILLEGAL!!! If you try to dispute the charge, they will continue to screw you over by refusing to speak with you, send you to dead end voicemails, and using their automated voice messaging system to just terminate your phone calls. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

Hello,

Would you mind contacting me directly so I can investigate this? I can be reached via email.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I didn't renew my Webroot Antivirus. I was planning on renewing it over the weekend but before I could my computer stopped working. My neighbor (Geek Squad ordinaire) helped me troubleshoot. Within 30 seconds of rebooting something was kicking off 1000s of processes and slowing my computer to a crawl. Working in safe mode he determined it was Webroot. Uninstalling the program solved the problem. Not cool Webroot. You shouldn't impersonate a virus to cause us to renew.

Hello Melanie,

It sounds like SecureAnywhere may not be functioning properly. The best course of action would be to contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket. They will be able to assist you to make sure that the software is working correctly.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased total protection for 5, used on only two. One of them got infected and started getting slow, slower, and now it won't even boot. Got no help from Webroot, called and left messages via emails. The PC is now useless. Immediately went back to my old provider (McAfee) to save the other PC. Still have not heard from Webroot, however, got emails for renewal...which I'll cancel. Stay away from this product. I am a current customer and my review is based on my experience, giving one star, which it does not deserve.

Hello,

If you feel that your PC has been infected with a virus that is not being detected we recommend that you open a support ticket so one of our threat research specialists can investigate and make sure that everything is set up correctly. We offer free virus removal for all of our customers, as well as rollback and remediation to revert any unwanted changes made by malware, so if anything is amiss our team will help you resolve the issue shortly.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After my Webroot subscription expired the program slowed down my computer to the point it was no longer starting up or running. I was also not able to renew the subscription because of it. I tried all kinds of ways to troubleshoot, however only after I uninstalled Webroot in safe mode was I able to use my computer again. I will never again buy this program.

Hello Tina,

What you are describing is very uncommon, would you mind reaching out to our support team so we can investigate further? We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I recently purchased a new iMac at Best Buy to replace my old iMac 2013 that was running Webroot Secure Anywhere and which was installed on my 2013 iMac at Best Buy. I brought the new iMac home and started the process of transferring everything from the old to the new iMac. The exchange was flawless with the exception of Webroot now interfering with my ability to operate my new iMac. About every 30 seconds, Webroot (which now WAS NOT protecting my new iMac) kept interrupting me on my computer regardless of if I was on my wifi or not. I finally had to go through a long process at home to uninstall it.

I sent an email to their support address. I got a response with what looked like a password, but no link to use it on. I went to their website through an internet search and there is NOTHING there that allows a customer to reinstall their product. Some "support." Thanks Webroot for the lackluster help and your abysmal product for my iMac. I'll be going back to Best Buy to see what other products they can install on my iMac.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. These concerns are best addressed by one of our tech support agents. We recommend that you contact our support team so that we can assist you further: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I renewed my subscription by buying a new keycode and adding it to my account. Been doing that for years with no issues. But the last time I did that all my saved passwords in the password management got deleted. Apparently 'cause the last keycode didn't get renewed within 45 days and didn't care that I had an active keycode subscription still on the account. I contacted support and their resolution? Disconnect from the internet and export the passwords by downloading and saving it to cvs file... um... "disconnect" from the internet and "download" a file that apparently is empty 'cause they deleted it? Did the laws of physics change or did Webroot hire the dumbest IT people they can find? Thanks, now I have to recover usernames and passwords from hundreds of sites I've accumulated for years.

Hello Travis,

As a matter of data security and privacy, we only keep passwords for 45 days after the associated keycode expires. You were using a keycode and instead of renewing, purchased another keycode. Because of this, the associated keycode expired, passed 45 days, the data was purged after this. We don't want to keep data around forever, especially sensitive info like that. As for the CSV method, our support team was attempting to help you recover what was lost from your web browser.

Webroot AntiVirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
      Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information