Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Webroot AntiVirus Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The most user unfriendly platform and zero technical support, Lord help you if you forget a password or pass number whatever this is, if you want to open a ticket to get technical support good luck because you have to log in. I still have not received any support from my last ticket over 3 months ago. I have had to send their sales department a Email notice to cancel my auto renewal and to cancel all my accounts. Very confusing and miss leading website when trying to find and understand what you are try to purchase, the install process is a nightmare Highly recommend to stay as far away from Webroot products

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

If you ever cancel you will be haunted forever by the "renew now or Remind me later" notice when you turn on your computer. You can call to complain or beg to get it off of your computer, but it will do no good. It is a permanent annoyance and after several months you will begin to hate Webroot.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I downloaded Webroot on Fri night and next day my computer that has worked flawlessly for 4 years wouldn't even open to home screen. I was refunded my Webroot money but it cost me 185 dollars plus to take it to OfficeMax to get it repaired. They wouldn't even consider paying me for my repairs due to their program. They did not make it good. I would have been happy with them paying half the cost----but no. So beware if your computer screws up after the download it's all on you. Keep that in mind.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Need to renew and can't get any help. Was on hold over 45 minutes. Tried to talk to a supervisor and call went to voicemail. I called back and ask for sales, No problem. Call went right through. It seems they will take your money but they offer NO help. I can't recommend this company to anyone! Poorly organized company!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Customer service sucks, at best! I bought the service and it will not communicate with Chrome. I tried different online recommendations, and still cannot resolve my problem. I decided to call customer service, the first time I called get this long dissertation about how you can do online support, which sent up a flag right away. I opted to wait on the line and waited over an hour and a half, and finally hung up. I tried again today, called early in the morning, and the same thing. I only waited about 15 minutes and hung up. I called to cancel service, same long dissertation, hung up after 10 minutes. They have a great product but their customer service is non-existent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Webroot company are a bunch of CHARLATANS. EVERY YEAR I enter the DO NOT automatically renew my account.. and EVERY YEAR they STILL try to automatically renew my account.. for an amount that is 300% higher than I can get elsewhere. That's a DISGUSTING CHEATING PRACTICE.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Webroot charged me an unauthorized two charges of $59.99 which they stole directly out of my PayPal. When I complained and contacted them they refunded one charge but refuse to refund the other. When I call, they keep transferring me back to the main menu and do so over and over again until the system hangs up. When I email they won’t accept me giving them the PayPal transaction IDs or even screenshots of the charges. I am furious. They are liars and cheat people out of money. I have been fighting for my refund for 6 days now to no avail.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Hello Natasha,

I would like to resolve this for you. Would you mind sending me an email with your transaction details so I can locate the order number?

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: March 31, 2019

I am getting ready to renew Webroot (the 5 license SecureAnywhere). I have it for almost 2 years now on two laptops and two desktops. It was a difficult choice to transition from Norton AV that I used for many years but the Symantec overhead was slowing down my computer too much. Webroot does not seem to slow down my home network or computers. I do not use it on my iPhone though - those app ratings seem pretty low. I have no complaints on the desktop, laptops or robust home network. Caveat: I have not had any need to use customer service for technical issues so am unable to comment either pro or con on their customer service, sorry.

I did contact Best Buy when I wanted to upgrade after a year at the initial subscription. That sales inquiry, while every one was polite, was frustrating. I bought the laptop and Webroot from Best Buy initially... but they sent me to Geek Squad but GS doesn't service the Webroot so they sent me to someone else who sent me to someone else who got me to Webroot Sales who was unable to upgrade my Webroot subscription because it was through Best Buy... but did open a totally new account at the upgraded subscription I wanted and facilitated a partial refund of the old account through Best Buy. Whew!!! There's half a day spent on the phone. That was the only problem I had, though. Just a sales issue, but it was challenging.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a key on Monday, March 11, 2019. I had an issue with getting the key to work and let me download. I called and spoke to Andrew in tech support, he walked me right through the process. It was my lack of sleep while traveling that I didn't follow the prompts as instructed. It loaded and was working much faster, burning much less background resources than McAfee. I had another issue unrelated to their software where after doing the Dell updates that mangled my OS. I called tech support again and spoke to Hunter, then Josh. They stayed on the line with me for quite a spell, fixing my issue in safe mode. I only wish my Admin were as adept in solving issues and providing solutions. Thanks so much.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've had Webroot SecureAnywhere since May 2014. I never had to contact them for service until today 3-5-2019 and only because I needed to add my new laptop to my existing account. This has proven to be one of the worst experiences that I have had with a company to whom I was paying for service. On a call into their 800#, I pressed the '2' for Consumer Service Support and it played a recording that directed me to use their online support. The online support wasn't working for me so this is why I called to speak with a Tech.

I found another 800# for them and it gave me a live person, who was only directing calls. I was transferred to speak with a Tech but when they supposedly answered, the call mysteriously cut off. I had tried using my KEYCODE to get into my account to add the new laptop; ONE time it let me in only for me to discover that the account shows that I had NO or '0' devices being protected. I tried to download the product again and again and again but NOTHING worked. Oh and I did try the online CHAT, which just sent me on a wild goose chase. I know how to handle this... In 47 days my product coverage is up for renewal... NOT!!!

Webroot AntiVirus response

Hello Janet,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are willing to do so, please send me an email so I can investigate this further. I can be reached at wcommunity@webroot.com. And again, I am sorry that you have had this experience.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Not sure about Webroot AntiVirus?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Antivirus Software for you.

Webroot AntiVirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information