Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Webroot AntiVirus Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2020

When I purchased my new computer in 2019 at Best Buy this is what they recommended and since I have had that for over a year now I haven't had a single problem and I renewed Webroot again. It is a great product and it stop most all of the junk sites that I used to get.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I really like Webroot Secure Anywhere as it doesn't bog down my computer with virus definitions. Anything that goes through my computer, that I allow or something that tries to get through, is stopped before ever getting near it. All information goes through a server instead of a program that's loaded on my computer. I use to use Norton Internet Security, however, too many things got past their program, and I had to keep using their support to get my computer clean. I have to say, I haven't had any problems at all since I've been using Webroot Secure Anywhere on all 3 of my computers. Their support, if needed, is always available, and they're forum is so full of information if you ever need a question answered or just want to see the latest info on malware, viruses, etc. All questions are answered by very knowledgeable moderators and very helpful. One more thing; it's a very affordable program!

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Have never had to use SUPPORT or WARRANTY, comes free with my Geek Squad protection plan which covers all my devices and phones. I schedule my scans to run overnight. Have never had an virus related issues since I began using a few years ago. Definitely recommend.

Original review: March 21, 2020

This program came with my Lenovo Laptop, which I bought through Best Buy. It has protected my computer for many years. I have a Geek Squad subscription and any time I have had an issue with a virus I call them for support. I would recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Webroot had a great reputation when I purchased it and has outperformed in my opinion. I still get daily web and virus coverage for all of my devices which includes my phone. Other products I used in the past slowed down my devices. Not Webroot! I am well pleased and continue to purchase my subscription each time it needs renewing and I recommend it to my friends also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: April 2, 2020

Doesn’t bog down computer while scanning like others I have used. Easy to understand and reports are helpful. Also can be used on smartphones and tablets. Up to five devices at no additional charge. Very good for a limited budget, but quality service.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I have Webroot on my laptop and smartphone. It protects against malware and viruses. It is easy to install. I would use Webroot in the future. The price is great for buying Webroot. I use a free version for my smartphone.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I have Webroot for 2-3 years and I don't seem to have any problems. They do have an automatic yearly deduction of $249... that way I know I am always covered. I never had any reason to call for support.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I had just created a new account and thread on their community forums, everything was going fine, until the moment when I inquired about their system optimizer of the "gamer" version, asking how much of a difference is between their optimizer and making a normal disk cleaning through Windows or CCleaner. I went to lunch, when when I came back, the moderator had deleted the thread and banned my account without any type of warning or notice. The thread was removed and now when I login it says that my account has been banned. All I did was a legitimate question, to which they didn't bother to answer, instead they just got rid of it. I wonder what that means... After something like this, I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The most user unfriendly platform and zero technical support, Lord help you if you forget a password or pass number whatever this is, if you want to open a ticket to get technical support good luck because you have to log in. I still have not received any support from my last ticket over 3 months ago. I have had to send their sales department a Email notice to cancel my auto renewal and to cancel all my accounts. Very confusing and misleading website when trying to find and understand what you are try to purchase, the install process is a nightmare. Highly recommend to stay as far away from Webroot products.

Webroot AntiVirus author review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information