Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.13/5

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Webroot AntiVirus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I recently purchased a new phone, which created major problems with the 2FA facility in Webroot. When I attempted to log in to my Webroot Console, the 2FA authentication codes would not work. A very nice gentleman in Tech Support recognized the problem as being the new phone/authentication app immediately and helped resolve the situation in short order. I've run Webroot security on my computer for 2 years and will definitely install it on my new computer when it arrives next week.

Original review: April 4, 2020

When I purchased my new computer in 2019 at Best Buy this is what they recommended and since I have had that for over a year now I haven't had a single problem and I renewed Webroot again. It is a great product and it stop most all of the junk sites that I used to get.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I really like Webroot Secure Anywhere as it doesn't bog down my computer with virus definitions. Anything that goes through my computer, that I allow or something that tries to get through, is stopped before ever getting near it. All information goes through a server instead of a program that's loaded on my computer. I use to use Norton Internet Security, however, too many things got past their program, and I had to keep using their support to get my computer clean. I have to say, I haven't had any problems at all since I've been using Webroot Secure Anywhere on all 3 of my computers. Their support, if needed, is always available, and they're forum is so full of information if you ever need a question answered or just want to see the latest info on malware, viruses, etc. All questions are answered by very knowledgeable moderators and very helpful. One more thing; it's a very affordable program!

Original review: March 21, 2020

This program came with my Lenovo Laptop, which I bought through Best Buy. It has protected my computer for many years. I have a Geek Squad subscription and any time I have had an issue with a virus I call them for support. I would recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Webroot had a great reputation when I purchased it and has outperformed in my opinion. I still get daily web and virus coverage for all of my devices which includes my phone. Other products I used in the past slowed down my devices. Not Webroot! I am well pleased and continue to purchase my subscription each time it needs renewing and I recommend it to my friends also.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I canceled Webroot and now I am getting popups that ask me to renew or ask me to uninstall. Then to get the popup to go away it directs me to my page to uninstall and I have already uninstalled Webroot. Both of these popups freeze my computer until I close the box or "uninstall". I have complained to Webroot support and get no return answer. These popups happen frequently during the time I am on my computer and are very annoying. I'm advising anyone when they choose to get Webroot to know what problems they may have if they choose to buy it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I used Webroot for many years. Never had a problem until now. I am using a different anti virus that, in my opinion, is better. Web root still tries after I call them to cancel, take money out of my account. I have called them and told them many times to cancel and stop taking money out of my account. So, I had to call the credit card company and file a complaint, explain, and block web root. The customer service is horrid. I do not recommend web root.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Webroot Customer Service is non-existent! I've been trying for over a month about my auto-renewal subscription and not being able to log-in to my account. None of the password reset request work. No one answers the phone. No one responds to your email requests. Absolutely no integrity at this company.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have had Webroot antivirus on my computers for many years. They used to have very good customer service but now I can't log in to my account and when I send them a message through their portal I get no answers and if I call their telephone number I have to wait for almost an hour, then I get a man who tells me I need to open a new account and when I try it doesn't work. I already have an account! I don't know what their problem is but their customer service is terrible!!! I will be getting another antivirus program!

Original review: April 2, 2020

Doesn’t bog down computer while scanning like others I have used. Easy to understand and reports are helpful. Also can be used on smartphones and tablets. Up to five devices at no additional charge. Very good for a limited budget, but quality service.

Webroot AntiVirus author review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information