4.41/5
Based on 127 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 9, 2018

139 Webroot AntiVirus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2018

Somehow I got two accounts and noticed I was paying twice. I called in. I found no phone number on the web page, no surprise for cheap companies these days. The number is available on the web Google search. I finally got that issue fixed. Then the next day a pop-up appears right across my coding editor that I need to set-up Webroot, new access code requirement I think. A bit put-out because I was setting up a multiplayer game on Unity3D, I clicked the pop-up and it did a error. "Can't find website". Now I'm mad. I call Webroot and the tech remotely hooked-up and said I needed maintenance on my computer and it would cost $200, that's funny, this is the only problem I have.

How is this my computers fault. When I refused and said it's a Webroot malfunction, he offered to fix it for $120. I said no. I am a truthful person, I have had one virus get through in four or five years. Webroot got it before damage was done. But now they are using people from India who speak English poorly, talking on a defective popping mic, was too much. This is not tech. support, it is torture. When my renewal comes up, it won't be with Webroot. Webroot gets an F for failure on customer support issues. They were better five years ago.

Hello Pete,

There is a phone number on our website, it's listed here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact.Our tech support does not cost anything, in fact, they don't have the ability to process transactions. I'm very confident that you spoke with a group impersonating Webroot as a scam. Please note that our official support number is the one listed on the page I linked.

I highly encourage you to reach out to us directly, and only reference the numbers listed on our official page, as tech support scammers are everywhere in search engines. I understand the frustration you've been having, but please understand that their actions do not represent Webroot's actual support team. The direct number for our tech support is 1-866-612-4227.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2018

After installing Webroot AntiVirus I have had PUP infections constantly. Never had this before with Trend Micro Antivirus. I have since installed Malwarebytes and it removed 12 PUP files. It also warned me of fraud sites which never had happened before. Webroot is not what they claim to be.

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear you experienced that, however I highly recommend reaching out to our support if you should ever encounter a virus. This likely means that Webroot isn't setup correctly or something else is going on. Our support team can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 23, 2018

Webroot is low cost and the impact on my computer running is very little. This is a key factor picking this product. There are many programs out there that are way bulky and slow your system down. I chose this application because it seemed very streamline and did not impact the operating system. But, they try to keep selling or pushing programs I do not want or need. I hate pop up unless there is an issue. Overall, I am okay with Webroot but when it expires I most likely will be looking for better apps and fast ones. It’s very important for anti-virus programs to stay updated and sometimes it does not a hundred percent clear that this has been updated.

Hi Kevin,

Happy to hear that you're happy with Webroot's performance, and as for the pop-ups from the program, we highly value your feedback and I will direct this to the people that need to hear it. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: April 22, 2018

I get the Webroot AntiVirus as part of my Geek Squad so not only do I get virus protection but repairs with my purchase. This makes it easy to protect my computer while I visit various web sites especially the many surveys that I do. Because of the addition of Geek Squad there is nothing I need in for this antivirus software. But I would like to understand how these anti virus software works and what else I can do to protect my computer. I know very little about antivirus software except that you need to have it to protect your computer. For me the best thing is not only is a great antivirus software it comes with Geek Squad so you can call them to fix any problems.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 21, 2018

Webroot AntiVirus was the best one by all the media at that point in time. I also trust the FixMeStick or what it's called was created by a college student for his Mom. That right there indicates to me that he is ethical and will deliver on removing the bad stuff. But it's been a while since I used any of them mentioned. I quit using it because I felt that it was slowing down my laptop as well as I didn't feel that it ever found anything, but other sites did. I would love to try the FixMeStick and I prefer the idea of removing it physically is better than it going to where? Space? Don't allow it to slow down the device and have better CSP-ones that live in the USA so that communication is easier. I am one that will ask where they are located. If overseas, I politely request that they transfer me to an USA CSR. Only once did a guy start verbally assaulting me via the phone.

Hi Richmond,

We generally prefer folks to review us based on our product's performance as opposed to this "FixMeStick" you are referring to. If you are suggesting that Webroot was slowing down your computer, then I highly suggest you work with our direct customer support team, based entirely here in Broomfield, CO. We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227. It is highly unlikely Webroot is impacting your system's performance, so if you can reach out to us we will be more than happy to look into it and verify.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: April 18, 2018

My software experience with Webroot was effortless. I chose this software due to a promo with buying a computer. I didn't have to do a lot to install the software as Webroot installs itself when entering the product key on a website. It's very light on computer use. I like the product package design and color scheme. But they could make it more effective and less expensive on a yearly basis. I try to avoid buying antivirus software when possible because it's so expensive. Also I am unsure how effective the software is because the product doesn't have any clear statements.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The Webroot AntiVirus does the best job of scanning out the viruses. It was first installed by my son in law as he always used it and had very good results. It was very reliable and there were very few problems that I ever experienced when something questionable has come through. But as soon as I detected a problem I would contact them and they would immediately fix the problem. And although it is a little expensive, I would certainly recommend it to others who are looking for a good program. I was very satisfied with the Webroot AntiVirus.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I downloaded Webroot AntiVirus and it has been protecting my computer. It was also easy to renew when it came up after a year. However I do wish that it did not cost as much for a yearly subscription.

Original review: April 15, 2018

At the time I subscribed, it was the best on the market. I've had the same software for years. They've always helped when I had an issue, great customer service. The software is fine the way it is. I expect it to do its job and I shouldn't worry about it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Webroot AntiVirus was recommended to me by a computer geek friend. Downloaded easily. I am not too computer savvy and Webroot has worked well as installed. The code allowed me to put it on all my devices without having to buy multiple discs. Online purchase always easy access.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2018

Webroot AntiVirus is quite inexpensive and very effective. The dashboard was intuitive and easy to operate. It cleaned virus from my hard drive quickly and thoroughly. It took only ten minutes to eradicate the infected files. However, downloads could go faster. They took several minutes over a digital subscriber line and sometimes took nearly half an hour to update the software. It also took three tries to get everything updated. Nevertheless, Webroot AntiVirus is an affordable solution to a virus issue I was having with Windows 8. Once the software was updated it cleaned the virus from my drive and deleted all affected files.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and please feel free to reach out to us in the future if you should ever have any difficulties. We can be reached here: http://wbrt.io/eyqx or 1-866-612-4227.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: April 12, 2018

I get this software as an incentive to have a account with Ally Bank and it's completely free. They don’t make you have large deposits either. This saves me at least $70 per year over Norton. Also, the software offers decent protection. I do not generally visit risky sites anyways so it works out. I have no complaints with their software unless it was to say it blocked a virus occasionally or show that it was updating from time to time and sometimes I wonder if it’s on.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The program is great and I like everything about it. It has worked good for me so I have had no problems with it or learning how to use it and the scans. My dad chose the Webroot AntiVirus and told me it was a good one to use and it made sure all the virus and threats were not on the computer and the experience has just been amazing also with how the app is set up and how the button are set up. Everything is right there so it's not hard to find the right scan that you need to use. The scan that you need to get done are organized by what you want to scan on the computer.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I am still using Webroot AntiVirus and my overall experience is great... it works!!! It's a solid program for a very reasonable price. It keeps my computer clean and safe from viruses and it warns me it I try to go to an unsafe site.

Original review: April 6, 2018

When I call them on the phone they are very nice and very helpful to me. Their software program works very well and have had no issues so far. Their program keeps your computer secure and protected. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I downloaded Webroot and installed it (with a free 14-day trial). I set it up and started to use it. Then I needed to sign back into the website (which requires a password and a PIN). The site wouldn't take my password and locked me out. I got an error message and sent it to support because it wouldn't let me change my password to get in. "Support" would just keep sending me the same password to use to log in and that password didn't work either, ever, locking me out. THEN I see a charge in my bank for my "free" service. So 3 days into my attempt to use Webroot I had to contact "support" to tell them if they couldn't get me into my account today and return my money ASAP I would be leaving immediately.

They ignored that message for 2 days and only apologized, no help to get access to the site or a refund. I cancelled the service immediately because the replies throughout just gave me the feeling this was a scam and when they charged my account 11 days early I knew it was a scam. Now every day I get a request from my system from Webroot Installer to make changes to my hard drive. I say no and then hunt for that installer software on my computer. It isn't there anywhere. I am a super techie and if it were hidden I would find it so NOW Webroot has given me a special little virus to deal with.

I will have to reset my computer to factory settings tonight and see if that takes care of this dribble left on my system by this very, very, unprofessional SPAM, virus spreading company. BTW, had to dispute the charge to my account because Webroot refused to refund even though they have a, what is it, 60-day guarantee! Stay away from this fraudulent scamming company and their virus spreading software!!!! I am now using Bitdefender and having not one issue so far and my free trial is actually FREE!!!!

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time getting your account up and running. If you should ever wish to discuss it with one of tech support agents (to completely remove Webroot from your system) then please reach out to us at 1-866-612-4227.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I have confidence knowing that help is just a click or phone call away. In the past I have contacted Webroot for the removal of a threat. They were able to solve the problem I had in just a short time.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have been in the computer industry for 30. I have rarely seen a program as well written with footprint as small. It just works and works very well. I have installed it on 3 separate networks and I have yet to have do a forced removal of any virus or malware in 5 years of use.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have tried ALL of the mainline Security Services and NONE come CLOSE to WEBROOT... I NEVER have to worry about getting a virus nor malware. Also WEBROOT is VERY affordable... Simply the VERY BEST at ANY PRICE!!!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Webroot is a very affordable software, it can cover multiple computers, is easy to use. And it works a lot better than the Norton software I have previously used. Webroot was fairly priced for the amount of computers it covered and consistently found viruses Norton missed. So I wanted to get rid of Norton because it keep missing viruses that would get on my computer. I have enjoyed the Webroot software very much. It is a very useful and helpful software and I would buy again.

Original review: March 26, 2018

This software has been a very good protection against intrusion and very easy to implement. I would recommend this software to all who want full security in this day and age. The cost is also very nice and well within the cost of other software packages.

Webroot AntiVirus response
Thanks so much! We really appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have been using Webroot for over a year and have found it to be an excellent product. I will recommend it with no hesitation whatsoever. You obviously get your money's worth with Webroot, I am very happy with them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Excellent AV - small footprint - does not slow down older HP desktop using Win10 AMB 4Core 2.8Ghz, 9 Gb Ram - no annoying pop-ups - worked well for 2 + years. Have used MANY Av's both paid and free, and Webroot is the best, so far.

Original review: March 25, 2018

This is my 2nd year with Webroot, and I have nothing but praise for this company. Auto scanning is so worried free. I have both of my systems hooked up, and I can stream with ease. The best. I recommend.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I'm generally very happy with the product. It does its job very well, is user friendly and has a very small footprint on my machine. The best AV I ever had. However there is a small flaw - lately - as so many others posted online who have the same problem - as of December 2017 WRSA.exe needs permission from UAC at every startup - very annoying. When UAC is turned off it does not occur but UAC should be on. All measures have been taken to no avail. Otherwise - love Webroot.

Webroot AntiVirus response
Thank you for sharing your feedback. This issue is frequently resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. If that doesn't work we recommend that you contact our support team so that they can assist you further: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have Webroot Security Complete and have been using them for more than 15 years. I like Webroot because it finds issues that other utilities could not find or ignored. The program has a small footprint on whatever it is installed on and will alert you only if there is an issue that needs to be resolved. The price is also reasonable compared to some of the other "top guns" in the field. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for solid protection.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I chose current antivirus "Norton" or "Symantec" because it had been recommended by "Staples" where I bought my computer. It was also recommended by "CenturyLink" my internet provider. Also, when I tried "McaAfee" I got virus in computer which was removed by CenturyLink technician. Webroot was installed on my computer when I purchased it. It automatically renews annually. It has the reputation of being one of the best. It updates on a regular basis. I can easily run scans anytime I wish to, plus it notifies me if I have not done so for some time.

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for taking the time to right this review! If you should ever need help with anything regarding your Webroot product, please feel free to reach out to us!

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: March 24, 2018

I used Webroot several years ago and then decided to use a free antivirus product when the subscription expired. That worked fine for a time and then I started to have issues that ultimately led to the computer becoming totally unusable. I purchased a new computer and immediately installed Webroot. Works extremely well. Thank you.

Webroot AntiVirus response
We are so glad to have you back! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are happy to hear things are back to normal.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have had WebRoot for many years now and have never had a problem with their site, it's very user friendly. I have never had a problem with my computer with viruses. WebRoot does a thorough check daily. I would definitely recommend this product to friends and family.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have had Webroot protecting our computers for about a decade or better already and truly like it. Since having Webroot installed on my computer and my wife's laptop we have never experienced any issues whatsoever. I have tried to load on my cellphone but can't get it done. I have followed the instructions given on play store but when it comes to register it, it skips that part so have given up trying! Unfortunately as a long term user of Webroot when it comes to renewing my term or should I say extending there is no patronage discount, this is my biggest dislike, but I do love the protection it provides.

Webroot AntiVirus response

Thanks for sharing that feedback with us, we really appreciate hearing from you. Regarding the trouble installing on your mobile device, we would recommend that you contact our tech support team, as they can walk you through installing and make sure you are all set. You can contact them at 1-866-612-4227, or submit a ticket at https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Webroot AntiVirus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.

• Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.

• Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.

• Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.

• Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information