Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Wow, Reg!

This is truly an amazing review to share.

We appreciate all of your words of positivity.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Easy for anyone to use. Excellent and fast response. Only feature I do not use is their back up, so no comment on that. Everything else you would expect is very quick and very thorough. Good value for the money. Efficient program. User friendly. 1000% better than Norton. Never had any sort of failure or problem with this Anti-virus system, going into my 3rd year now. I am a senior with very few computer skills. This system seems to be perfect to keep my computer safe and clean. I formerly used a Norton 360 system which was a never ending problem. There was NO service at all with NORTON! WEBROOT is a sweet dream in comparison.

Webroot AntiVirus

Tell your friend we really appreciate his help!

Thanks for passing along all of your warm sentiments to others.

All the Best,

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have a friend who is a "propeller head" and when I got my new computer in January 2017 he said to get Webroot for the best anti-virus protection. Not only did I get it, with no regrets, but I have passed it on to many of my friends that also love it.

Webroot AntiVirus

We always love to hear of recommendations of our Product.

We're glad to have you with us and give whoever recommend us our best!

All the Best,

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

This is the greatest protection you can get and feel completely assured that you will not have to worry. I highly recommend it for your protection. It was suggested by a computer professional and I am so glad I took the advice and feel protected.

Webroot AntiVirus

This is awesome feedback!

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and look forward to serving you as your Protection of choice for years to come.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have been a customer for many years and find myself renewing in a heartbeat. The scan feature is perfect and so are all the features. The newsletter are very informative and valuable. Being safe in the internet is paramount. Webroot is the answer to all my concerns. Their service is Above, Above average. Their overall service Excellence is a fine tuned service that keeps me in a state of order. It is also very rare to be able to speak to a live person...

I have had Webroot for 2 years now. In general it has been a good experience, the only minor problem around renewal time. I think given some wrong advice which caused it to look like I had not renewed for some time after. I had Some phone calls and it seems to have been corrected now. My laptop has functioned well and I trust it is because Webroot is doing its job well.

Awesome stuff, been using this AntiVirus Product for 3 years & it has never failed me. I do not even have the premium Service yet it is still just as good & continues to get better. Thank You All for All you do to keep me safe online it is more than appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

I appreciate Webroot keeping me and my family in a safe zone while we are on and off line. It's a great feeling to know Webroot is keeping us secure on every device no matter where we are. If we have any suspicious activity Webroot alerts us immediately and removes every threat that tries to creep in. Another great thing that is important to us, Webroot does not sell or give out our information.

My review will be short and sweet. If you do not have Webroot you are taking the biggest chance for getting hit with virus and ransomware. I have been using Webroot products for ten years and never been taken over. The program has saved me from outside attacks a lot of times.

Webroot AntiVirus

We really appreciate your feedback, Sharon!

Our Support Team has got your back if you run across anything suspicious in the future.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Webroot was recommended to me by an FB friend and I am so glad I chose to give it a try. I do get warnings when necessary and I love that the scans are so quick. I am able to do them nightly. Also... if you have any problems... it is easy to contact them and they get resolved quickly.

I had Webroot installed in my computer 2 and a half years ago and recently renewed it. Webroot has been a great champion to me as there was an attempt for a hacking to my computer. Webroot immediately took over, but I also contacted them and took control of the situation. Their software is dependable alerting me of an unprotected website and does a scan of my computer every 24 hrs on any possible active threats. Extremely good program.

I think Webroot is absolutely a great product and service to have for my computer. And I recommend it to everyone who would want this excellent product and service for their desktop computer or personal lap computer. So that's why I give it 5 stars for its excellence and remarkable service.

This is the best program on the market. It somehow managed to remove what every other system out there could not remove and believe me if they can remove the hydro or whatever that my kids picked up it can definitely do just as for anyone else out there. Highly recommended, well worth the money, definitely recommend to anyone with computer problems as far as viruses and worms and stuff go.

I have been a HIGHLY SATISFIED Webroot customer for many, many years because of its excellent product. I have peace of mind knowing Webroot is protecting my electronics. I use it in my desktop, 2 laptops, and 2 mobile phones. That's how confident I am that Webroot is protecting my data against malicious attacks. The scans are super fast unlike Norton and the others. I highly recommend Webroot for you, too!

Webroot AntiVirus

Thanks for your feedback, Sandra!

I'll pass along your comment to our Support Leadership so the Technician you worked with can get the proper recognition.

Best,

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

When I was having an issue with my computer someone was trying to hack my computer I called your number and I talked with one of your tech and they helped me. I was very please with you then. One of my co-worker had told me about the company. I will tell everyone about WEBROOT Secure.

Webroot is a real time web protection. We really was using other protection until we discovered this program. We are on our computer daily. We didn't have good luck with other programs but this one we are finally happy with this protection. Thanks Webroot. We are happy we got the protection we need because other programs we have used don't work that well as Webroot does. Yes I would recommend Webroot to others. Customer service is there when you need them too.

Has kept me secure & happy. Great app... I run the app daily. It runs smoothly & effortlessly. I also use it on my Android phone. I also like the automatic upgrades, also the initial cost was fair. The best security app I have used.

Webroot AntiVirus

What a great experience to share, David!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and we look forward to protecting your devices for years to come.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

What I like about Webroot is that it is a company here in the United States. All calls are handled by people in this country who are knowledgeable about the product and computers. You have a quick access to a live person. I have experienced no problems with Webroot, and I have it on three computers and two cell phones. This program has been very dependable. It runs seamlessly in the background checking for viruses and malware to prevent any from coming into the computer. It does a full check once and day at a time you set. I would recommend them very highly.

Resolution In Progress

Webroot AntiVirus

We'll be happy to help make sure your Protection is actively protecting all of your devices, Ray.

Our Award-winning Customer Support Team, based out of our Headquarters in Colorado, will be happy to work you to ensure all your concerns are addressed. Please contact them via the information below at your convenience.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am−6pm MT

Send a Support Ticket: http://wbrt.io/eyqx

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I've been using this software for more than a year and I still am not sure if it's up and running on all 3 computers and a tablet I purchased it for. The windows computer seem to be in the free trial mode, the tablet never shows signs of being protected. My Garmin watch just sit there saying it's OK. When this anti-virus subscription runs out next my equipment will too old (average age 7 years old) and I will start all over again, not with Webroot AntiVirus though.

Webroot AntiVirus

Mike, we never charge our users for Technical Support, nor we do have any offices located in India.

It's important to only find contact information from the Vendor's official Website as scams like this are very common when searching for phone numbers.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: June 13, 2017

I've used the basic Webroot Antivirus for almost two years. Since it NEVER recognized a threat, I called customer support (India). The man, "John" had me enter a command prompt to check something and it locked up my computer! When I told him what happened, he blamed me and wanted to charge me $129.00 for Tech Support!! He was rude, disrespectful, and of NO help. I had to pay a professional to fix my computer. He told me the command prompt I entered was an intentional act of sabotage on my computer.

Webroot AntiVirus

Thanks for sharing your awesome feedback with us, Gabriel!

Our Sales Team is always glad to walk you through our latest discounts and deals, as well as disabling automatic renewal without hassle.

Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am−8pm MT

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: May 24, 2017

Great antivirus. Low resources and data consumption. I've now been using Webroot AntiVirus for over four years and have had a very good experience with it. It's kept my three computers protected over this time and I have never had an infection during the time I've been using Webroot. One piece of advice I would give, though, is to buy it through an online store, like the one that starts with AM. It's cheaper and you can just purchase the new version each year. That way there is no auto renewal and you don't have to go through the hassle of cancellation of the auto renewal, which I hear is VERY tough.

Webroot AntiVirus

Marianne, Webroot does not make any outbound calls to customers without their request to do so. Please read this post on our Threat Blog:

We advise you to block these numbers and only answer calls coming from an area code you recognize.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: May 5, 2017

We had Webroot for several years. It was recommend by the company we purchased the computer from. When our computer crashed and Webroot couldn't prevent it, we purchased a new computer and went with a different security company. Webroot continues to contact us several times a day harassing our family. I'm talking every day. We told them in the beginning that we were not interested and now we have to hang up on them. This morning the phone woke me up. I am sick of Webroot harassing our household. BEWARE If You Cancel WEBROOT's Service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Webroot AntiVirus

William, we offer a 70 day money back guarantee on all purchases.

Please visit the following pages:

Refund Your Purchase - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/onlinerefund

Auto Renewal - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/auto_renewal_optout

We strive to address every request with the utmost transparency. Don't hesitate to email us directly for additional assistance.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: July 8, 2016

Overall the antivirus was "OK", I had to install additional software such as Malwarebytes to get everything protected. The biggest issue I had with Webroot was that when the time to renew came up, they wanted $80 for renewal, which is insane for any personal software. But then when I went to cancel it since it was on an old computer I was getting rid of, it wouldn't let me, using the steps they had in their email on "How to Cancel". I looked for an online support or phone number to call to find out why but I couldn't find anything. So I kept coming back 2 more times over the 30 day period and was still unable to get the subscription to cancel. Long story short, they tell you can cancel but make it next to impossible to do so, right until the 30 days is up. As soon as they get your money, the instructions worked perfectly. I wonder why?

Webroot AntiVirus

We're ecstatic to hear of your experience with our Product and Support, Brett!

Let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help.

Original review: March 16, 2016

I had trouble with a new subscription and a customer service agent fixed the trouble in a few minutes. Never had any trouble after that. Virus definitions are always up to date and a cloud based service use almost no PC resources. Never had a infection that wasn't detected. I never have to worry about websites, transactions or security EVER! If you search for Webroot deals there are usually coupons or offers to get you started.

Webroot AntiVirus

With all of your experience, we sincerely appreciate you saying that, Edward.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Being in IT, I have tried all the latest anti-virus applications. All have their issues and many are just bloatware. Looking at you McAfee. I have no problem recommending this to my friends and family. It holds up well with the various anti-virus testing that av-comparatives which is trusted review for the industry.

Webroot AntiVirus

Carol, you should never search for customer support phone numbers as scammers use the same keywords to promote their business operations. Please only contact information found directly on a Vendor's Official Website.

For assistance with installation, we're always happy to help.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: May 3, 2015

I purchased WebRoot for my daughter's new computer because the antivirus software seems to get good reviews. When we inserted the WebRoot CD into the computer, nothing happened. There was no response of any kind. The instructions don't include any customer support phone number. Just a support email address. Uh oh. So I googled the WebRoot customer service phone number. I got a woman with a British accent who did nothing to address the issue. She asked for my email address and said someone would get back to me by email. Uh oh again. No one got back to me by email after several hours, so I emailed customer service myself. The next day, I got a canned email response that was a repeat of the instruction manual. None of which applied to the problem of the CD not working at all. WebRoot customer service is non existent. The product doesn't work at all. WebRoot and its customer service are completely useless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Webroot AntiVirus

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, Angela!

We're glad to hear that Webroot has resolved your problems, and we look forward to protecting you for years to come.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Feb. 26, 2014

I had been using Norton's antivirus program for 3 years, which cost about $60 per year. A few months ago, my laptop became infected with Conduit and Mystart browser hijackers, and Norton failed to recognize/remove them. I unwittingly downloaded a "free" removal program from SpyHunter, it counteracted with Norton and crashed my computer. Norton not only cost me the subscription fee, it cost $500 for my laptop, all my irreplaceable pictures, documents and songs! Yesterday, after my Norton subscription expired, I purchased Webroot (for 3 computers) at Wal-Mart for $19.99. I installed it on my daughter's laptop, and it removed Conduit after only a few seconds! I am thrilled with Webroot, and will be a loyal customer from now on!

Webroot AntiVirus

Marcie, calling our Customer Support phone number is the best way to get in contact with a member of our Team.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am−6pm MT

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Sept. 25, 2008

I had been using Webroot spy sweeper and anti-virus programs for over a year. Webroot periodically asked me to update my spy sweeper program with a newer version. When I did this due to problems with installing the new update I lost all anti-virus and spy sweeper protection. I immediately emailed Webroot support which Webroot's homepage promises a response within 1-2 days. I waited for a response for 4-5 days.

I followed the letter of what the support team instructed me to do but within 7 days my computer system crashed. I don't know if this is due to an attack/virus my computer contracted while I was waiting for Webroot to provide its promised support or if it was due to Webroot's new update clashing with other programs previously on my computer and bringing down the system or other causes. Regardless, at the very least Webroot did not deliver on its promised prompt tech. support. I initially chose Webroot since it had high ratings in consumer rating information. These high ratings appear to be unfounded and I am writing on the off chance that this may help others not choose this product.

Webroot AntiVirus

You will need to work with AOL directly to rectify this, Mike.

Digital Care Coordinator

Original review: Jan. 31, 2003

On 11/22/2002 I purchased through AOL Direct Cache & cookie 4.5 Invoice # **. Now I am told this is out of date by E-Mail from customersupport@webroot.com. I would like to know why you would let me install outdated programs. And what AOL is willing to do to fix this problem and keep a long time AOL user happy.

Expert Review

Shelley ElmbladFinancial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.    More about Shelley→

Webroot Inc. is the largest private company that provides Internet security for individuals and businesses. Founded in Boulder, CO, in 1997 with offices around the world, over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot.

• Home security: Home antivirus software is offered for PC, Mac, and Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. Prices range from $19.99 to 79.99, but those prices are frequently discounted. Webroot offers a 70-day money back guarantee, longer than most competitors.
  • Webroot Infrared: This multi-layered protection engine intelligently adapts to your changing security needs while identifying suspicious files and handling malware activity before it harms your system.
  • Enterprise level protection: Webroot's high-end, sophisticated security offers enterprise level systems and security vendors threat intelligence that is accurate and safe.
  • Business solutions: Endpoint Protection is antivirus and security software for Servers, VMs, PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices in small to medium business. Endpoint protects from infections and data theft without sacrificing network performance.
  • Identity Shield: This financial and identity theft prevention feature protects your passwords, credit card numbers and other personal data against theft by keyloggers and other malware attacks. Anti-ransomware is also included in the software.
  • Best for Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Profile