4.96/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether you own a business or need help with your home computer, tablet or smartphone, Tech to Us has experienced tech support to help with your every need. You'll never get a cookie-cutter solution to your issues, our team is dedicated to providing customized support to make sure that you are fully satisfied.

All of our techs are highly skilled, based in the US and are available via phone, chat or email to help solve your problems. Our packages are a flat monthly or annual rate, so you never have to worry about diagnostic, labor or hidden fees of any kind. And, all home support plans are backed by a money back guarantee to make sure all of your needs have been met.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

389 Tech to Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have found this to be very beneficial. I've had a lot of problems, and Tech. is easy to get a hold of. They are there in the evening and have shorter days on the weekends. They have helped with a lot of general questions also. I bought an iPhone recently... they said they can help with that too. I highly recommend this service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My computers were running relatively slow so I started researching who's out there to assist me and Tech To Us was top rated. I’ve talked to Bret multiple times and I like the personal touch that they provide. I don't know how big they are but it's always been nice to talk to a lot of persons so they can get exactly the issues that I have. It also feels like I'm dealing with a small group and that they have my needs in mind.

My whole business is very computer dependent so when my computers go down, my business goes down. I'm really happy to make sure that they're at optimum performance. When I first started setting up my office, my systems were very draggy and I'm always working wirelessly. I had my internet provider provide a direct line in my office so that I can be directly connected to my router. And it seemed to improve quite a bit when I had Tech To Us go in and clean everything up. It helped tremendously.

I've used different services but Tech To Us is by far the best. I’ve been using them for a couple of months now and I really like them because they make it convenient for me to get through with their app. They're relative to what my problems are and they fixed every single one of them. They're more personable than the other services and I found that a lot of the other services couldn't meet my needs.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My security was breached and I have some group claiming that they were Microsoft breaking into my laptop. And there was immediately a number printed down below. As savvy as I thought I was it should have occurred to me Microsoft would never do this. It did not. And so these people were happily charging me money. I was going to charge them to fix the problem that they created. My aunt is in California and she contacted Information and was given the Tech to Us number for us to fix the problem. I was able to get a hold of my credit card company and we stopped this. We also closed that account so that those people could not get into it. So I have a new account and at the same time the guys with Tech to Us immediately went in and started cleaning up what they were starting to do.

Samuel, the customer service rep, told me about the company, that they’re US-based, what they did, the setup fee and what they’re going to do for me. He also explained to me that the one that was currently invading my computer was very likely using the number of a reputable company but was hiding behind it. And he was not kidding because when I filed with the FTC, who’s handling this, they have this under investigation.

I told them what had happened and sure enough these foreign companies will come in behind one that is reputable, listing with the Better Business Bureau and hide behind that number. So they also wanted to know about Tech to Us. I said that these folks explained to me what they had to do, what they were going to do, and that they were US-based. And that they corrected the problem and stopped the breach.

The only thing I have now is that they have the Cloud feature where you backup your files and I need to talk to one of the technicians. Either I’m not doing it right or there’s something that needs to be done. It’s very slow and sometimes it has to retry. But I was very satisfied with my experience with them. They’ve got their icons on my computer and they sent me their business cards. And the customer service rep that I talked to called me a week ago just to see how things were going. The nice thing about them is, they’re a small company. They take the time and they’re building their business. The customer is not just a number. I just hope they never lose that personal touch -- that's what goes this day and age.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have used Tech to Us for a couple years and have had very good results every time I call for help. My computer knowledge is growing but for a 76 year old I just need assistance from time to time. I would definitely recommend Tech To Us to any of my friends.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have had support services from TTU for over five years. During this time I have called them many times for a number of issues for my three computers and other devices. They have been very helpful, and have always found a solution to my problems. Their technicians are very competent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I used to use an offshore outfit for tech support that proved to be not very good. Tech to Us was recommended to me and they've been great for the last year and I just renewed. I’m very fond of them and they’re the top grades for me.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I had used Geek Squad for seven years but hadn't used them much in the last year. When I needed them this particular time, the service I got was less than admirable. I started looking around for other support folks and Tech to Us showed up and their ratings were high. I decided to give them a try and my interactions with their rep were really good. The fellow who handled my account was very intelligent. He listened carefully to what I sought to do and made good suggestions on how I might want to proceed. He immediately got me connected to technical support. It was almost instantaneous, which I thought was very impressive.

The technical support people that I dealt with were really determined to help me. The problem that I had was one that I've had on and off through the years. I've got three monitors that I use for stock trading. For some reason, there's a phantom fourth monitor and it requires some very delicate maneuvering to figure out how to arrange them appropriately so that my cursor goes the way it's supposed to go. These guys just didn't quit and kept working at it until they finally got it perfected, which delighted me because I haven't had it perfected for several months. They stayed with me. When it got late, they came back to me the next day with solutions. I speak very highly of them and plan to continue using them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Tech to Us has been a great aid in learning how to use my computer. I constantly get into trouble when using the computer on my own so it is a relief to have Tech to Us one call away. All the technicians I work with are very patient and word things in a way that I can understand. Tech to Us is the best!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Vastly superior to any support service I have ever used - people are kind and helpful. This saved me from having to buy a new computer and that means a lot. I cannot recommend enough. When I have called I get terrific service. If you need a support service look no further!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

iYogi ripped me off a lot of money. I got screwed so I went to Google. I looked for a tech support that offers the very best rate and they gave me Tech to Us. I have been with them for years now. I lost a couple of shortcuts and they got those back. And although it takes too long to get to an agent sometimes, I understand that they are busy. And even though Tech to Us is not cheap, it's worth the money to me.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was having problems and needed tech support. I got the yearly plan with Tech To Us and their sales team were very helpful, nice, and professional. The support tech was knowledgeable and was able to fix my computer. He was excellent and very patient as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have a yearly plan with Tech to Us. Back in 2015, I brought my HP notebook to Columbus State and it started experiencing some weird things. I couldn't get it to function properly so I shut it down. I'm visually impaired and had been using a screen reader. I waited until I got home to see what was going on. When I got home and I turned it back on, my screen reader never talked. Plus, my computer somehow caught a virus that made it go back into manufacture status so all my icons were white.

I remembered that Tech to Us was a company number that HP had provided for this particular unit, so I called them. They were pretty knowledgeable and professional. Plus, they also communicated with you just beside the computer. It wasn't just silence with them. They always come across as being thorough and they offer suggestions. I'm very satisfied and I have recommended Tech to Us to several people. I don't I have an issue with anyone there, and at one point I've talked to everybody there. Although, once in a blue moon, I talk to somebody new, who may have just recently started there.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

From a financial perspective, Tech to Us is a company that’s not going to leave you dry because your money situation is tight. They are willing to work with you if you are serious and tell them the problem. Personally, they have always worked with me when I have misunderstandings or difficulties like when I bought some things for the virus and it wasn't connected, or when I have issues with the payment. Also, whenever I run into an issue where I’m late on my payment or where I want to drop a particular thing, they are willing to bundle it and show me alternatives that will allow me to keep my service.

Their humanitarian approach to business is one of the things that really distinguish them. They are in business to make money but at the same time, they treat you as a person. They do not dismiss the individual and they can be very humane which is a major thing in business. That’s a very clever thing to do and they are not going to throw me through the window or drop me because they are polite and understand my concerns. It’s better to understand me now and keep me as a client for the next 10 years.

From a technical perspective, they are very good at what they do. Whenever my computer is running slow, they have always been there, even if sometimes it’s a tiny problem that it’s more about me not being skilled in terms of use of my machine. While I would personally recommend them, the service is not cheap and will cost you more than $500 a year. But it’s worth it. In fact, the affordability of their service will depend on the consumer. Tech to Us is very good at educating the consumer as to why the service is imperative. You don’t want a situation where if you are a late for a month or two, the company drops you dry. To start a service with a company would be $150 and because you haven’t paid a couple of months, they don’t allow you to catch up since they want you to pay the initiation fee first.

The bottom line is, the Tech to Us reps do decent work. They are competent and they have the skills to command what they are asking for. I have been with them for more than a year and they’ve been very good in terms of solving my problems. Overall, if you are using your computer to write college papers or run a small business out of it, or it’s an emotional lifeline, this service is it better than the others out there.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Some years ago, I was having all kinds of grief with computers and I got involved with iYogi. For the first five years, they did an excellent job. Then they started to sell things telling me I needed this and that. It was an ongoing thing and finally, I and a whole group of people got fed up and felt we were being ripped off. I’m still getting calls from iYogi three years later. They never let go.

I researched, found Tech to Us and I'm very pleased with them. They don’t harass you and provide service when you want it. If you don’t need them, they’re not bugging you. I've been with them now for several years and I go on the yearly plan. I’ve been satisfied with what I have and have not been bothered by anyone selling other stuff. The price is a bit high but I’m dealing with a company that’s trying to run an honest business. Their technicians have been very good although there were a few times I felt I had to wait a little bit. But their people were a pleasure to deal with. They solved my problems when I called them and I’ve had no complaints against them. If somebody who’s having troubles with his service came to me, I would tell him that I’m using Tech to Us and it’s $30 a month.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I use my computer to write scripts for a radio. It was hacked by someone in China and on the bottom of the screen it said, "Call this number and we'll fix the computer." They appeared to be legitimate, so I paid $200 and they fixed my computer. I ran well for a couple of weeks, then they called back and asked if I gave my computer to somebody overseas. I said I didn't and that I don't know anybody overseas. They told me that there was something wrong which needed to be fixed and that it would cost $500. I told them that they said that for $200 they'd fix it for a whole year. They asked me to trust them and I hung up.

That's when I called Tech to Us and they said that they don't call you. You have to call them and that that was a scam. They fixed my computer, but it cost me another $100. However, these guys are legitimate and I had a very good experience with them. They explained everything to me and said it would take about 4 hours to fix the computer. They took my number and after four hours, they called me back to say they're giving my computer back to me. So far, I haven't had a problem. I couldn't really afford the yearly so I got the monthly plan which is fine as long as it's protecting me. Everything is great and I really appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have only one experience with Tech to Us and they did well. My computer was running very slow and I've used a tech support before. But I had a terrible experience with Avast and with Dell. So although Tech to Us is expensive, I'm speaking to English-speaking people with English as their first language. I know I may sound hypocritical and I'm not. I only want somebody who's not reading off a script, and who can talk with me and understand the nuances of the language and communicate effectively with me.

I went with the $29 a month plan. The support technician was great. He had a lot of integrity and didn't try to schmooze me. He was straightforward, pleasant, respectful, and it was good. While I would recommend Tech to Us despite being expensive, I would give another caveat. I haven't used it enough and there's a thing that I don't know if I can overcome. My computer needs to be cleaned out. I got a Dell and as it got older, the system was outdated and I just hadn't cleaned it. Where I set it in my room, you can hear the fans working overtime. So I had to take it to one of the printer shops when they were in business and they cleaned it out for $115. The fan didn't run like it was running after they did that. And Tech to Us can't do that because they don't have any physical people. I wish they could do that, but I know they can't.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Tech to Us sounded like a good idea so I signed up with them for a monthly plan. It was easy to do, and they helped me a number of times, so it’s been well worth it. In the beginning, it was absolutely fabulous. They just went through a recent little thing where they changed their program and I wasn’t quite as satisfied. There were a lot of glitches, and I was trying to sign again, and they didn’t get my payment. I kept calling them but they didn’t have the system set up enough for me to give them the payment information which was a little frustrating because they’re the tech people. But overall I still plan to stay with them.

I’ve had crashed hard drive twice where I’ve lost everything and they helped me get my back up and reload things. I’ve had a couple of other smaller issues too and the crew that they have, especially the original crew that I worked with a few years ago, were fabulous. Overall they were timely, professional and we had good communication.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I’m not really tech savvy and I needed a computer technician. I’d rather hire the services of a technician that would assist me with computer related issues and Tech to Us had great reviews online. The one representative I’ve dealt with the sales team has always been good. Most of the time, I’m dealing with tech guys, in terms of troubleshooting a problem. And Brett and Bob stood out more than the others. They had the most experience and knowledge. The other guys are underneath Brett and Bob.

However, Chris was the worst. He either lacks the knowledge or the motivation to help. When I ask him a problem, he either doesn’t know or he’s not motivated to try and help resolve it. He’s not motivated to learn more about how to troubleshoot a problem. He also doesn't have the patience. I always thought it would be nice if Chris would develop more of an interest, passion, and knowledge in regards to the service they provide.

Brett is without a doubt the most knowledgeable. He even assisted me with issues that aren’t related to the computer. I’m always having an issue with the app I’m using for some video I've taken with the iPhone. The situation was somewhat computer related, but it was also app related. Brett knows at least 99% of the problems he’s able to troubleshoot. But if he isn’t able to resolve it, then he has enough knowledge to use all of the troubleshooting techniques. Then if he just can’t troubleshoot it, we just have to move on. Overall, I had a great experience with Tech to Us.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I’m not real savvy about computers and I was concerned that if something happened, I wouldn’t know what to do. I’ve always received the help that I needed from Tech to Us and they’ve always been courteous. That’s why I stayed with them. Their sales team was great and their techs were very knowledgeable. They seemed to know what they were doing. I’ve had other experiences with other companies where they didn’t seem to know what they were doing. They basically took my money and I continued to have the same problem that I had before I connected with them.

Any time that I thought that I may have been hacked or anytime I had trouble with software or anything I have questions with, Tech to Us helped me out. They even helped me when I got my printer. Although, sometimes you have to wait to connect and get a hold of them but not an extraordinary amount of time. Sometimes it gets caught up a little bit and you have to retry, but I think that’s not their problem. Maybe it’s a connection problem with my computer. They’re worth the price but if they go any higher, I’m going to have to find something else. I would recommend them and I will stay with them as long as they don’t raise their price.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I'm a big PC gamer and all the new games require internet but I'm not that computer-literate. Tech to Us has been so good to me and their support technicians are excellent. No matter how simple and silly a question it may seem to me, they treat every question was equally important. I've had wonderful service from them. I've got their desktop icon to where they can share the usage of my monitor and they can operate the cursor and do whatever just as if they were sitting at my machine. Also, I always call the 1-800 number to get things rolling and it's no problem to get a hold of them. Anytime I called them, they were diligent and it didn’t matter how simple or difficult it was or what length of time it took. They took care of it in a very courteous manner.

But I’m perplexed and I'm thinking about discontinuing their services. I love their service and they all had nothing but right about me but it's purely financial. I pay them around $30 out of my savings, which is not a problem because they were very helpful but I’ve been paying my internet and telephone provider called Windstream $12 every month for the offer the same services that Tech to Us supply. I want to try Windstream but before I do that, I wanted to at least have them fix something for me or see how their service is before I make a leap.

I need to get back with Windstream and make sure that they put an icon on my desktop, so it's easily accessible to the service and try them out. They were supposed to send me an email with that information, and I hadn't seen it yet. So I need to call them back and make sure they get that to me, so I can try them out and make sure I'm not getting apples and oranges. If it's oranges and oranges and it's all the same thing, I'd be a fool to pay two-thirds more price. Also if it would be a problem to come back to them if I’m not happy with Windstream after two or three months. I had a very pleasant experience with Tech to Us and I do not like to dismiss someone like that.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I developed having the same problems which needed tech support and it was just a single shot for the first two or three times. I decided to sign up with Tech to Us after that and used them ever since. Every problem I had was fixed. Their technicians were always helpful and they worked out very well. The first person I dealt with was named Jay and I dealt with him around three times over the first two or three years, and they were hiring more people ever since. I also paid Tech To Us a certain amount every month. I enjoyed them and they’re something I want to keep. Overall, they were excellent.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been very pleased with the service of Tech to Us, they are always there when I need them and they get the problem solved fast. Thank you for great service. I see many people in my travels and tell them about how great your service is and they should check it out. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I love Tech to Us. They’re very efficient and good. I had problems with my computer and I'm old and dumb, so I needed help. I also kept getting blocked from using some sites and their team would take care of the problem. I would recommend this service to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I first went with some outfit out of India and I still get calls from them when I get on my computer because I've got a virus. But that company no longer exists so it's just scam people that are trying to get on the computer. I went online and spoke with Tech to Us. We got a yearly plan. I've contacted them once a quarter or if I have some problem. I get the same guys when I log in to get support and they’ve always been very helpful.

I’m having a problem with my email because I was getting incredible amounts of trash emails. My wife and I are in our 70’s and we've got some things that we do investment-wise. We get lab results and had a little test and they'd end up getting in the trash folder instead of coming in our normal inbox so I had to look every single day through all of those things to make sure that I wasn’t deleting something of value. Tech to Us had me switch to eM Client. I don’t have that problem anymore. The trash still comes in but it doesn’t throw into trash things that it shouldn’t be throwing. I'm very satisfied with the support I've been getting. I always tell my friends that I use Tech to Us now. I would recommend it to them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I am very pleased with the service I have received from Tech To Us. I've had a number of times I had virus scares and I was contacted within minutes of notifying them. They handled each problem and offered suggestions. Everyone was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I am completely satisfied and feel confident that they are watching out for me. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I like Tech to Us. I've been with them for a year and I go monthly on my plan. I call them with my computer problem and they take care of it. Every time I get a person on the phone, which is usually a gentleman, they fix it and everything’s fine. The reps are wonderful too. A couple of times, when the repair has taken them a long time, they call me back. We'll have a chuckle over the phone and talk about how my day’s going or about a holiday. They’re very nice people and I'd recommend that company to anybody if they wanted somebody to protect their computers. Tech to Us is a great company with great personnel.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I am a computer wimp. I know nothing and I need somebody to hold my hand with computers. I’ve stuck with Tech to Us because they’ve held my hand, and most of their people know what they’re doing. I went with their security system for a month and it really was unclear to me exactly what it does. It was an antivirus and antispyware. It was never made quite clear to me how it worked or if I needed to talk to somebody at some point. But I didn’t stay with them and I went back to Norton. Other than that, Tech to Us have solved most of my problems, walked me through what I needed to do, and has been very good at their job.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I had some issues with my computer so I got support from Tech to Us. I got a yearly plan and their team members were very polite, attentive and very responsive.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

A year and a half ago, my husband was coming in on an international flight when the newest Window addition was being released. It totally changed all of my settings on the computer and I panicked. I needed to find out if he made the international connection and then whether to meet him or not. I happened to stumble upon Tech to Us and it was the best thing that ever happened.

Prior to that, I had gotten so many false solicitations from people purporting to be Microsoft and they weren't real. So I was very hesitant to go online and didn't know how much tech support would help me. But even our local tech people wouldn't be able to help me, at least for several days out so I took a leap of faith but the young woman who handled my initial call was so convincing. Then we started talking about local affairs and they're outside of Hartford, which was my old stomping grounds, so I knew that they had to be somewhat legitimate because she spoke like she was from the Connecticut River Valley. She won me over from a trust perspective.

I got the basic monthly plan but Tech to Us lay dormant for months and months. My husband kept asking why we were paying that amount of money and I kept saying I didn't know when I was going to need them but if I needed them, they would usually be there and help me. Then on the heels of that, we've had three successive situations that he wasn't able to solve and then we had a hard drive crash. So Tech to Us has helped me five times over the last six months and they've been excellent. They've solved the problems and they were very courteous and knowledgeable. They're operating with hundreds of clients and operating systems, and if they don't have the immediate answer, they research and find the solutions for us.

I'm full of apology to them because I'm so illiterate when it comes to tech but they never make me feel inferior or stupid. That's incredibly positive from my perspective because it takes a lot of energy for me to pick up the phone and call and say that I've got a problem and I don't know how to fix it. But I'm even more embarrassed to admit that I don't know where to begin. They have supreme customer service and they're very solutions-based, which is exactly what I need because I'm so ignorant.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

In today’s crazy world, I decided to look into tech support because of the bugs on my computer. I needed something to help me survive. I also got involved because I got strange messages from some security people and it didn’t sound good. So I decided to check the different services and then took my chances with Tech to Us. Signing up went pretty well and I got the yearly plan. While I had no problems interacting with the sales team, it takes a while to get hold of support technicians. I can understand that but they need to resolve it in the future because there’s a lot of people wanting to do wrong things. Tech to Us takes care of our problems when I get hold of somebody. And I get to trust them by talking to their representatives. Whereas if I just do texting, I don’t know if it’s another outfit or a scam.

There are a lot of bad guys out there who are trying to do a variation of ransom. It’s been big internationally because that’s where the problem comes from. I have had received several warning from these guys saying they are going to close me down and I wanted to deal with someone who can knock it out. So far, Tech to Us resolved the problem. They’ve got their own in-house malware detector that is as good as anything out there. I am protected in that regard. Overall, I’ve been happy with the chance I took. I just had enough experience that the other day, my minister was having problems with his old computer. What I did was get him an inexpensive laptop and sign him up with Tech to Us for a year’s worth of service.

Tech to Us Company Information