Tech to Us

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Always ready and willing to help. Very polite and understanding and most of all... patient! Really great knowledge base to help with anything I have ever asked about. Previous vendor was very difficult to work with and, at times, very aggressive. Glad I found you guys.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed something that I wouldn't have to drag my computer off to somewhere and leave it for a week. The sales team of Tech to Us was very professional and very helpful. The support technicians were also very good. I call and tell them what my problem is and they go from there. I like the way they operate. They are the best.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm almost 90 years old and I'm not that computer literate like young people are. I was having trouble with my computer and it was hard to get any of my children to help. I was also having problems with the way the computer was working. I tried to look for a place that would help and thought maybe I'd get back to the manufacturer of my computer, but I couldn't find the phone number for it. I then called information and accidentally got a telephone operator and told her what I was looking for. She told me she knew of a perfect place for me and that the people there were great.

She gave me the phone number for Tech to Us and they helped me. They were so courteous, nice, and patient. I took a year's contract with them and had nothing but success all year long. They even told me not to worry if I didn't know how to work a program and that they'll teach me. I've had them for more or less three years now and have been having a wonderful experience.

Tech to Us is Reliable, Courteous, Prompt, and Efficient. There has never been a long wait time with respect to contacting a person that can help. Kudos on all counts. I recommend this Tech Company to anyone who desires the caliber of service enumerated in the first sentence.

Chris was absolutely fabulous with helping me out with this issue (Reinstalling a Virus & Malware Program Onto My Desktop Computer). Unfortunately, I guess I'm not sure if I backed up all important files from my desktop to a flash drive so I'll have to find what I currently have on other flash drives to put back on the desktop.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a dinosaur. I don't know how to do things on the computer. I tried to go to a computer class a couple of times, but I didn't get anywhere with it. Tech to Us is my computer class. I call them up and I say, "I can't get pictures out of the phone", they download. I call them up and tell them I’m having trouble getting over here, they get me there. Their guys are always okay. But when are they going to hire a woman? I would like one woman's voice on the phone. Not because the guys aren't good. It's just that they're all men. I'd switch if I found another tech company that had women employees. There's no woman's voice in the background. They should just a get a tape of a woman giving technical help playing on a loop. But Tech to Us is a good service and I recommend them to other dinosaurs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had so many issues with my computer before I found Tech to Us. I had some virus issues and I had paid for several anti-virus programs that not only didn't do a good job of preventing virus problems, but were also crashing my computer because they were eating up so much memory. I'm a writer and I've lost valuable documents, and there were also some other technical issues that I needed help with. Tech to Us has been great. I don't ever have anything wrong with my computer now, unless it's something that nobody could have prevented. Everybody in the sales team was really helpful and gave me the information that I needed to make a decision.

The technicians that I worked with on the phone were patient and explained things. They were fast and got me set up right away. The situation with my computer was so bad that I was going to switch to Apple, and I didn't want to do that because for 30 years, all I've used is Windows. By working with Tech to Us and paying the monthly fee for their service, I know that I can get tech support when I need it, and that has made it possible for me to not have to worry about problems with my computer like I used to before. So far, the support technicians that I've worked with have been very good. They were able to go into my computer, identify what the problem was and fix this without me trying to explain what was happening. There are still some issues that we're working on, and Tech to Us helps me a lot because then I'm not wasting hours on my own trying to figure out what's causing the problem.

I've already recommended Tech to Us to people. Overall, they were professional, efficient and very thorough. Their thoroughness makes a huge difference. If they hadn't removed all the malware and other viruses that they found, I would still be back where I was before where my computer was crashing, some features weren't functioning and memory was being eaten up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We found Tech to Us when we were looking for someone to help us get a code to get into the computer. The electricity went down because of a storm and it ruined the computer. They helped me get the computer back on so I could bring it to an electrician to repair, and I opted to keep them after that. They're quite helpful. The technicians were personable, very knowledgeable, patient and answered almost any question that comes up. They provide a very good service. I use them right now for advice and they would show me a lot of different things which I could do with the computer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I couldn't get my computer on, so I looked into tech support. I was studying and I always have my book right above my keyboard. I laid it on the keyboard and when I looked up at the screen, everything had turned sideways. I didn't know what to do, so I had to get somebody that I can talk to. My brother does tech support for a living but he hates it when I call him, and he does, "I'm not at work."

I had to get somebody that will help me with different stuff anyways, so I called Tech to Us. The technician there is a genius. He stayed on the phone with me and made sure that the screen went right side back up again. Instead of being north south, it had turned east and west, basically. He had me try different things on my computer. It's a good thing that I got to try it because the same problem occurred again about two weeks ago and I remembered how to get it back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted Tech to Us originally because my wife's computer crashed and we were trying to restore as much as we could. We have the business card and the phone numbers. It was reassuring to us that we could contact them if we had a problem. I'm working for Educational Testing Service and I do online scoring in the Spring. We had $29.99 a month or basic coverage. It's for troubleshooting and in case I'm having trouble getting into my ETS profile.

I got a warning from New Jersey, ETS is based near Princeton. They're saying there's some phishing going on and that they're false links. We can't afford to have any of their testing materials go out. It's just between them and the scorers and leaders or who are pre-trained. And they're very protective so it's funny I just did get a message from them this morning about that. So it's reassuring that I can call Tech to Us if I have a problem online. And they get to things right away which I appreciate.

We had Verizon and they changed to wireless. We had to transition from Verizon to Charter Spectrum. That was a big deal in California because Verizon was back East and a lot of people had to change over. You didn't want to lose your data. There was a lot going on a couple of years ago and it was reassuring having Tech to Us as a backup. Now, Tech to Us is in Connecticut. There's a three-hour time difference. You're working 4:35 PM out here and their office is closed back East. That was the problem with Verizon. You want to call customer service they're based in Florida. And it's like they didn't really care. It's Tech to Us' advantage to try and set up something on the West Coast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my computer locked up, there was a pop-up on the screen that said, “Call Microsoft right now to resolve your problem and that’s the only way you can get it resolved.” It had the phone number up there in big letters so I knew better than call that. I got on the phone and called 411 and asked them for the Microsoft telephone number. They gave me Tech to Us by accident. I dialed the number and that's when I got a hold of them. I told them what the problems were.

I was afraid Tech to Us was going to try to blackmail me to pay them, which I've heard many times in the news where if you want your computer back, you got to send them some money. I gave them my email address and authorization to get on to my computer while I was on it. It was great because it took 30 minutes to go through the whole computer with them. They came back twice several days later to ask me about how satisfied I was and how the computer was running.

I felt uneasy not knowing Tech to Us but using their product at that time and letting them do what they needed to do to correct my problem came out fantastic. I had asked Microsoft to help me with something one time so I had to turn over my computer to one of their techs. They rearranged all kinds of things and did things that I did not want at all. I was totally displeased. My fear too was what Tech to Us would take from my computer if they weren't a legitimate company. However, I was totally pleased and I'd use them again if I had to. Everything they said, they lived up to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with Norton and Symantec for about nine years and all of a sudden, their password protection quit working. I dealt with that for about three weeks and called Tech to Us. They've all been great. I've called about four times and every time I told them the problem, they fixed it. Also, the tech was easy to understand. It's been a pleasant experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an emergency with one of the scam viruses so I went online and tried to find tech support who are trustworthy and local. The support technicians at Tech To Us break things down into an easily understood communication. They’re very accurate and can assess the ability of who they’re talking with to understand what they’re saying. They are also straightforward and patient. They never gave up plus they have a sense of humor. You couldn’t ask for more.

It has been almost a year of experience I had with Tech To Us. I never had a complaint with this service. Very diligent and courteous to solve the many issues I had. I consider this service a very worthy investment. I am not very computer savvy and my problems were always solved. Very satisfied and I will always have a very good report.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having computer problems and so I looked into tech support. When I gave the sales team at Tech to Us a call, they were knowledgeable and were able to explain all the products to me. And so, I went with the monthly plan. My interactions with their support technicians have been great. They were able to fix the problem that I had and I was thoroughly happy. They got it done quick and my experience with them has been simple and convenient.

The help and service we have received has ALWAYS been excellent, courteous and patient. We are totally satisfied and very grateful. We have recommended Tech To Us to all friends and family. It is a truly professional competent organization and we love that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a yearly plan with Tech to Us. The previous company I was using was insufficient and I liked the conversation I had with the Tech to Us sales team. All my experiences with them have been great and I am very pleased with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had had his identity stolen and we were looking for a service. I have a little bit of technical knowledge but only enough to self-serve some of the more general problems. I wanted to have support 24/7. Somebody recommended Tech to Us and since then, we've been with them for longer than five years. My interactions with their team have been excellent. I've had them on the phone for hours and they would clean up problems.

We had an issue with Norton Anti-Virus. We bought protection that would cover three computers. My expectation was that as the old license expired, the new licensed Norton would automatically kick in. It automatically kicked in for two of the computers but not our primary and I didn't know that until about four months later when my husband's computer started acting strangely. I called Tech to Us and we had a thousand Trojan hits on the computer. They spent four or five hours cleaning bugs off that computer.

Also, I do consulting work and I wanted to have my work backed up using an external hard drive service outside of our own home. I used Tech to Us for that as well and I have it on the same plan. Once a day at 10:00, I get a beep on my computer and it starts automatically downloading the files. Whatever I've done in the last 24 hours gets backed up into their service. Their support was well worth everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a problem with my computer. I went to Microsoft and Tech to Us was a referred listing for tech support. The sales reps were great and they resolved my problems. I signed up for a year with them. When I had a problem, I tell the support technicians what it was. They sign into my computer with my permission and they resolve it. However, yesterday I had a problem on the computer and I called and I was on hold for over three-quarters of an hour and no human came on to give me an opportunity to leave a message. It just kept replaying the same marketing message constantly over the phone. It drove me crazy and finally, I hung up. A few hours later I called back and I got somebody and I complained about it. I never had a problem when I called them before and they got away with five minutes or longer. But with the phone thing aside, Tech to Us was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Tech to Us has been very good. Their service people are great and they get their job done. I started using them on one computer, and then I added everything else that I basically have with the other program. I have three computers, and now I have everything covered. Their tech support team has been great.

When I first started, I would call their number and somebody would get right on to the computer. Then I was switched over to using their app that's on my desktop. I just hit it and when I type something, somebody comes on in a few minutes, they connect me and I walk away from the computer. And when I walk back to it and check it, somebody comes on and tells me that they're working on it or I can see that they're starting to work on it. They just leave me a message and tell me that I could leave, in which in some cases I do, but sometimes I stay there. Now somebody just gets right directly on remotely. And then when it's done, they'll either call me on my cell phone or call back when they get off and tell me that they're done and ask if there are any other questions. Sometimes, they'll just send me a note and they'll tell me that they're done, and ask if there are any other things that need to be done.

The best thing is the convenience of it. I don't have to necessarily sit there for some time because it could take an hour and a half for them to get some of the stuff done. Other times they come on for little things and they just get that done, but I usually try to call them on at least two of the computers and it would take a little bit more just for them to clean it. The interaction with them is really minimal but every single one of them has been really very cordial, prompt and knowledgeable. That's why I have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a lot of pop-ups on my computer. I have a tendency to go online a lot so I end up getting a lot of junk. I also didn't have enough drivers. So I called Tech To Us, had them go through it and check it all up. I initially looked for list of tech support people online and I was trying to find out who was a good one. I then tried Tech to Us. When I called them, they just went to my computer and did what they had to do. They took care of it and they were very nice to me. They call me back to tell me that everything was done and everything was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Due to computer issues, I thought of getting a tech support. I signed up with Tech to Us and my interactions with their sales team and support technicians were fine.

Every time I go online, someone is on the chat room within minutes; they are always courteous, considerate of the fact that I am a novice to technology and are never disparaging. I always get the answers I need and my problems are always fixed.

First and foremost, they are a US based company which is important for clarity of communication both spoken and written. Next, their technicians are customer oriented, technically knowledgeable, and available to me. I would recommend them to other computer users.

On several occasions I have needed help in restoring the function of my laptop. The techs have been very helpful, searching the programs and finding a way to get me back to where I can use the laptop. A very important part of the help I have received is that the people speak English without a foreign language accent. I am very pleased with the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My old tech support service wasn't very efficient and I did not have a way of getting in touch with them, so I looked up some reports on Tech to Us and ended up going with them. I did the monthly plan for right now and it's been working out well. I’ve had to call back about the same issue a couple of times, but it seems to have gotten resolved. Everything’s been good and the communication’s been fine. I like the idea that they can take care of the cellphone too. I’ve been satisfied and I also like the fact that I can talk directly to somebody before actually giving the computer over to them online. The other service that I had did not have that as an option.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Tech to Us had good reviews in Google so I called them and took a chance. Jay, the Tech to Us sales representative was informative, efficient and great. I got the yearly plan from them and the support technicians were very good. It took a couple of days to resolve the issue that I had, but it was due to Windows update, so it was no fault of theirs. And it was also a difficult thing. They had to change people for a few shifts, but they were all cooperative, which was nice, and they did resolve the issue. So I have confidence that they will do the same in the future.

I as well appreciate that they do Apple and all my devices, so signing up with them gives a little peace of mind knowing when I run into some difficulties with the other device, I can call them if I need to. I hope they live up to that because I've had many support requests, which from the start, they’ve worked on it good. I've only used them once for one big incident but overall, it was a good experience with them and I am happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a problem that I couldn't resolve by myself and this prompted me to look into tech support. Tech to Us sales team was so wonderful and good that I decided to get a year plan. I’ve used them a couple of times now and they're great. They're quick, polite and understandable. Everybody I talked to at Tech to Us is lovely. My recent experience with them was yesterday where I had two issues. I couldn't get my Roku hooked to the internet then I went off through every step because I'm technical. I then narrowed the issue down to not getting a signal from my wifi. Then when I was going to get my TP length extender, I couldn’t get it going.

The Tech to Us technician backed up and in two minutes he was asking the wifi password. It turns out that we were using all caps for the wifi password when it was supposed to be all lowercase. In two minutes, everything was fixed including the TP line. I'm in love with their whole service, business model and way of treating people. Everything is perfect. They're also not trying to con me, unlike the others who not just try to upsell me but also make one problem lead to two problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an older Apple Macintosh computer and I was trying to see if I could get the operating system upgraded because there were programs that I wanted to get updated. I had been using a product called MacKeeper and it seemed to me that the program was slowing my computer down considerably, and causing all sorts of trouble because I only have 8-megs of RAM on my computer. So I decided to get rid of MacKeeper and look for an alternative service that might be able to help me out.

I got online to do some research and read about Tech to Us. I called them up and they sounded like a good group. One of the things I liked about them was that they not only worked on your computer, if you can't figure out your phone or iPad, they're going to help you with it. And that's a big plus for me because we have Alexa, three iPads, Bluetooth speakers and phones and it can be very confusing.

I signed up and Tech to Us assigned me a guy explaining what was going on. This guy worked. I didn't know where he was but he definitely worked after hours my time. I put my trust in them, turned the computer over and they fixed it up. I've called Tech to Us a couple more times afterwards to help me with things. The service is working great for me. The people are easy to talk to and very responsive. So I'm a happy customer and I'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having problems with my desktop. I worked with Geek Squad before and was not happy with them, and I was looking for an American-based tech support. Tech to Us sales reps were very, very informative, friendly and very factual without any pressure so I went with them. The first time I talked to them on the phone, they put a button on my desktop so that the next time I'd call, all I have to do is press it and it connects to them and then they come on. And because I'm in their system, they know who I am, they’ve got all my information so I don’t have to repeat myself and it would be easier to explain the issue on the phone. If they don't have the info, they'd get it very quickly while they’re online with me. They know where to look and they’re really good. And then they start to work without needing me there. They'd just call me when they’re done.

I opted to take the year plan because it covers all our devices for a year. It’s like having my own personal IT staff, and that was what I wanted. So far, it has been a very good experience. It was super incredible and easy. I’m a nurse and I do medical claims review. I’m on technical things all day long and on my home systems. So, if I have a problem at work, I have my tech support here. They’re very professional, very fast and they’re friendly. They’re easy to work with and they’re very personable. I will highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had iYogi before but it turned out to be a bad company. They double billed me. On the other hand, I've been very happy with Tech to Us. A lot of stuff goes wrong so I call their tech support people a lot and they take care of me. I haven't had any situation where they have thrown their hands up in the air.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having problems with my computer and didn't know who to turn to so I contacted Tech To Us. I've been using their services for quite a number of years now. The payments are reasonable and I trusted them. All of the techs have been friendly and helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having difficulty with a new computer so I looked into tech support. Tech to Us has a very good sales team and I got a one-year plan from them. If I ever need them, I call in and they fix the issue right away. I stay on the line and if they have any questions, I answer them if I can. Then, half an hour later, they usually have it fixed. They're very good and nice, overall.

Tech to Us Company Profile