4.03/5
  • 1 star
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Panda Security is an antivirus system designed to detect malware on your devices before the damage happens. Panda Security offers an award-wining smart technology system that allows constant monitoring of everything that is happening in your system. Their security solutions are made according to your specific device and security needs at an affordable price.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

88 Panda Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

During the last five years or so I have used both free and subscription versions of Panda Security software on two different computers, one from a major manufacturer and one custom built. I have had no security issues and the software has not affected either computer's performance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I emailed and ask if it could be put on my Chromebook since other computer no longer works. No response at all! This makes me not want to use this program in the future. Now I am paying for something I can't use.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have actually cancelled this account. I thought I I was signing up for “free” virus protection. As it turns out it was $6.99 per month. Of course when I cancelled there was no refund because their minimum refund was $10. I have since signed on with another provider. Although it is not free I know it upfront that there is a charge.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Great product. I've used it in business with 200+ devices and my home for more than 5 years. My only complaint is that the resolution of the screens on a Windows Surface product are not optimized and are difficult to see. Functionally, it's the best out there.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been a customer for many years, and overall have been very satisfied with the products I purchased. I have one complaint, my latest security says it covers 3 devices. I had no problem installing them in my desktop computer and my LG Tablet. But it would not allow me to install it in my LGG6 smartphone. Kept telling me the license nr. was already being used. I ended up installing the free version in the phone.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with the way we are doing things.

In order to investigate what has happened with your license please, send us an email to cxo@pandasecurity.com, and we'll be glad to read your comments for future improvements.

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to Panda. We‘re looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Domingo - Panda Security Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panda Security?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We have had this product for several years and have always been very satisfied with the protection. Company continues to make the process for downloading and upgrades much easier than when we started several years ago. I would recommend this to a friend.

Dear Steven,

Despite having received the highest possible rating from you, we'd love to have more feedback about Panda's products. Please, send us an email to cxo@pandasecurity.com, and we'll be glad to read your comments for future improvements.

Domingo - Panda Security Team

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have used Panda Antivirus for a number of years and it has worked perfectly. I recommend it to my friends and I would never change to another Antivirus program. I'm also please how it stops malware and a number of other threats that are out there. Please don't change a thing with the program, unless there are new threats that need to be taken care of. Great Job. Thank you.

Dear Kenneth,

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018
15 years ago I became a Panda reseller when I had my computer repair shop. The shop has been closed for yrs now, but I still use Panda at home all this time!

Panda has kept all my systems safe for all this time! I highly recommend Panda to all my friends and family!

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you so much for 15 years of loyalty! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with the way we are doing things.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Not happy with how renewal turned out. It was not made clear that the remaining 3 months of my then current subscription would be deactivated and the new subscription commence immediately. I chose Panda Internet Security at $24.99. It was not clear that I would be automatically charged for Extended Download ($6.99) and Virus Removal Service ($12.99), neither or which I wanted. I am going to make sure to cancel my subscription prior to the auto renewal date and order another service from another vendor!

Dear David,

We would be pleased if you could send us your personal details to cxo@pandasecurity.com.

Kind regards,

Domingo - Panda Security Team

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have been using Panda Antivirus since 2008, and I have never had any problems at all with my computer. The rates are reasonable, & they make it easy for you to renew & download their products. I have recommended Panda to many of my friends & family.

Dear Patricia,

Domingo Gil - Panda Security Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have Windows 10 and my computer would not update properly, so I called for help. Ivan was courteous, patient, and clear in his explanations. He made sure I understood and had printed the documents I needed. I was able to renew and continue to have a secure antivirus service. Thank you.

Dear Janella,

We’re happy to hear our Customer Service team was able to help you and that you're happy with the way we are doing things.

Despite having received the highest possible rating from you, we'd love to have more feedback about Panda's products. Please send us an email to cxo@pandasecurity.com, and we'll be glad to read your comments for future improvements.

Domingo Gil - Panda Security Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Panda makes multiple useful products that all seem to be simple to use and effective. I especially like that the virus tools do not seem to significantly affect performance of other software I use. Panda's good name and performance has lead me to opt for the paid services of a protection scheme provider for the first time ever.

Dear Roy,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and for your review! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with the way we are doing things.

Domingo - Panda Security Team

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

At first I was skeptical, but I needed a product to replace Microsoft Essentials. I read many product reviews and confidently chose Panda. That was over a year ago and I have since renewed my subscription with Panda. The program has saved me a lot grief, based on the number of times it has blocked potential viruses.

Hello Robert,

Thank you so much for your review! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with the way we are doing things.

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to Panda. We wish you a great start of the year!

Juan - Customer Experience Manager

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I must say I have not had any of the usual problems. The programs are fast and I just have problems not understanding what I need to do sometimes. I am 75 yrs. young, but I need a dictionary! LOL. I do think it is one of the best I have ever tried. I certainly will keep it and recommend it to everyone I get a chance to. Thank You, Panda Team!

Dear Donna,

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to Panda. We wish you a great start of the year!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

After completing the scan, I review the report and find 2 Trojan horses and the program ignores them. In the status column there is nothing...like the other detected items it states blocked or ... I have done a complete scan more than once with the same result. Do not know of the corrective action.

Dear Robert,
We are sorry to hear about your experience, we would be pleased if you could send us info about your issue to cxo@pandasecurity.com.
I want to really understand your problem to solve it and avoid this kind of issues in the future

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Program got stuck half way thru and help service wanted to charge me just after I renewed and still did not remediate the problem. I had to go online and download the removal software and fix with out the help desk help. Poor customer-long time-service.

Dear Terry,

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Your product functions as expected. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the experience. Your website fails to understand the product version I have and navigation is less than good. Also, after installing the new version, your ** renewal pop-up continues to appear. FIX THE STUFF THAT ANNOYS YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Dear Michael,
We want to really understand your problem to solve it and avoid this kind of issues in the future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Correspondence was quick and easy by e-mail. Solved my problem fast and to my complete satisfaction. I highly recommend the Panda Global Protection to my friends and colleagues. Great internet coverage and security. Their antivirus protection has kept my laptop use problem-free.

Dear Richard,

Thanks a lot for your loyalty to Panda. We wish you a merry X-Mas and a happy 2018!

Juan - Customer Experience Manager

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I called Panda Support to request help to transfer security to their computers (family members). In two minutes I received information with instructions how to make the info how to make the transfer quickly. The support person was very thorough and helpful. I do recommend Panda to my friends.

Hi Cecil,

Juan - Customer Experience Chief Officer

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I have found Panda to be an effective antivirus, and have used it for many years. My only problem is when I renew each year. Probably mostly my problem, in not being patient. Not happy with repeated pop-up two months before renewal time. Again I find Panda effective.

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your review! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with the effectiveness of our products.

Juan - Customer Experience Chief Officer

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I've been using the free version of Panda Security for six or seven years. In that time, my laptop has been virus-free. Although it is possible that I'm guilty of a "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" logical fallacy here, I choose to believe that Panda Free is reliable security software for my needs. Mind you, I'm mildly irritated by the daily pop-ups promoting Panda Pro, but I probably should provide Panda a pass for trying to prompt me to pursue an upgrade.

Hi Boyce,

Natalia - Customer Experience Chief Officer

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When I tried to uninstall and reinstall my Panda renewal I was unable to so. So I went to the chat box and got a representative. She was also unable to install my new panda subscription and we frustratingly disconnected. I went to a number on my phone for Panda assistance and got a fellow that sounded like he was from India. So I explained my situation and he told me my computer had been infected with Trojan horse malware and would require some time to uninstall and reinstall full protection. I got guided help throughout the entire experience, although he was somewhat hard to understand. I got new Norton protection and will not be paying for the Panda I could not install.

Good morning Louise,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

While using Panda software, we were called repeatedly by someone stating they were from Panda, very rude, trying to get on the computer, etc., etc. I called Panda, and the representative I spoke with told their server had been hacked. They accepted no responsibility whatsoever for this and even charged me to reinstall their software! Very poor business practices! I stopped using the product then and went with another software who will accept responsibility for their clients names being hacked and someone calling and harassing them.

Good morning Wendy,

Hervé - Customer Experience Chief Officer

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I did exactly your recommendations but anti-virus virus is too small, can't be read it. I cant use my anti-virus because I can not even read menu to configure or try to use it. Very bad situation. Every time I want to open anti-virus very small window appear. Even with lens cant be read.

Dear Nicola,
I’m really sorry to read that you have an issue with our product interface.
Please contact Panda Security tech experts to solve this issue:
Call us every time you need help: 1-844-249-5807.
You can also contact us through this link: https://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/support/contact?lng=2
I’m sure you will have a fast answer every time you contact us using the way included here.
Best regards,

Hervé - Customer Experience Chief Officer

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Panda may be efficient in finding and removing viruses but is not in preventing intruders like wanna cry to encrypt your files, lost forever. It happened to me during that famous cyber attack as my backup drives were still connected to my computer just after a backup. Panda needs to be improved.

Good morning John,
My name is Hervé and I'd love to have your feedback. As far as I know, we have protected very well users during wanna cry attack.
I’d really appreciate it if you could share your experience with me.
If you’re interested, please send an email to cxo@pandasecurity.com and we'll send you the instructions to set up the call.
Thanks a lot. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Very easy renewal process except for having to delete prior version and reinstalling. Think they should just be able to upgrade. This catches a lot of viruses and have been a customer since 2008. Very happy with them & continue to pay for the service even though we can get another one for free.

Dear Diane,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and for your review! We’re delighted to hear you're happy with us.

However, and despite having received the highest possible rating from you, we'd love to have more feedback about Panda's products. If you want, you can send us an email to cxo@pandasecurity.com We'll be glad to read your comments for future improvements.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

A hacker got into your system and got ahold of my product and Phone info. They ripped me off of 500$. I will probably never get it back. I have a new computer now, and tried to install it via disk, 2xs. It finally took, but it also says that I have 3 devices downloaded, and in actuality, I only have 2. I may have to go elsewhere if this is not fixed. All has been reported to the proper authorities. Scammers are everywhere, and where they got my info from, had to come from your company, along with my name, etc. I really am sad about this, since Panda has been good in the past.

Dear Marshall,

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We have been a Panda subscriber for about 20 years. In that time we have not had any issues because Panda will catch harmful items before they can infect our machines. I highly recommend Panda for anyone shopping for protection. We use Panda Global protection and are very satisfied with it.

Dear Michael,

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I am a retired IT specialist and I think Panda Cloud antivirus is one of the best available. It updates itself, uses very little system resources and is very effective protection for my network. I have used Panda Cloud FREE version for many years and it has exceeded all my expectations.

Dear Bradley,

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I've been using Panda antivirus software on three personal systems for quite some time now and have never had any problems with malware or viruses. The software seems efficient in that it does not appear to slow the systems or application down any. Support is good as well. The one or two times I've requested support there has been a quick reply. I also find interface straightforward and easy to use. Overall I've been quite happy with Panda antivirus software.

Dear Customer,

Panda Security Company Information

www.pandasecurity.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use