3.97/5
Based on 152 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Panda Security

Panda Security is an antivirus system designed to detect malware on your devices before the damage happens. Panda Security offers an award-wining smart technology system that allows constant monitoring of everything that is happening in your system. Their security solutions are made according to your specific device and security needs at an affordable price.

154 Panda Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Originally paid $800. Transferred it to my new computer, had a problem. Paid another $400 to have firewalls added for extra protection. Now 9 months later another crash and they want another $300 and no one will explain what my $1200 WAS for. Think they think they have a cash cow.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I came across Panda Security on the internet & decided to give it a try. So far I am absolutely happy with it & will continue to use it. It does what it is supposed to do perfectly. I like that I have no problems with the software at all. It's completely safe & I haven't had any viruses since I started using it. It works great and is effective. I would recommend this to everyone.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Panda Security was recommended by bleeping computer.com, which is a leader in malware advise, so I thought that I would try it. It was free and worked very well. It also did not slow down my computer. Panda caught a lot more viruses than other programs I had tried before. It also caught different malware than other antivirus programs that I had used.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Panda Security is pretty good. I chose this one because of the price. Also, I have had issue with Norton and McAfee and did not want to use them at all. I like that Panda Security is easy to use and navigate through the system, it is also very good at catching things and keeping them off my computer. It is very fast when it runs the scans and easy to read the results. But it could be even easier to navigate through and faster. And although the look of the results is good, it could be more color coded to make it stand out. But overall I like this software. It does what it advertises to do and kept me safe.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My computer is very clean and faster than before since I have Panda Security. It's not a heavy software. Rather, it's easy and has a really modern look unlike other softwares that were very complicated to use and were very big archives. However, when the software is working, it sometimes get too long to finish the job and one time my computer gets a virus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panda Security?

Original review: May 25, 2018

Most of the features from Panda Security is great. I really like that the software protects me well from active viruses and malware. And I am happy that I have instant online protection so I can browse, download and check important accounts while using it. It comes with disk cleaning tools to keep my hard drive optimized. My favorite part is that I can add safeguard to protect my child from dangerous websites. For a monthly fee I could use it on an unlimited amount of devices. However, I would improve up to date knowledge on viruses as soon as they come in and the software shuts it down.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have used Panda for years and have been quite satisfied with their performance. I was also able to purchase a lifetime subscription for $250 and could be moved from computer to computer. Their help desk has always been able to answer my questions. I like that Panda runs in the background and takes care of any potential problems so I can feel safer when using the internet. When it is working, I do not notice any slowdown on my computer which is a great help. But I would like it to inform me of any virus they detect so that if it came from a certain website or software, I could make the decision not to use either one anymore.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Panda Security offers a basic version for free and the workload is performed in the cloud which saves computer resources. It's detected and REMOVED a piece of malware that the competitor's PAID for versions missed. But perhaps a more advanced layout for advanced users where more details can be seen. Other than that, my experience was positive.

Original review: May 18, 2018

It is easy to access and very helpful due to my family's very common use of technology and the internet to help in school work, research things online and on various different sites they use for it. It is something I already use and is not bad so far. However, I would improve the protection about it and the simple ways of logging in and checking progress of what's happening on computers that remain under my name in my household.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I chose Panda Security based on recommendations. The version I used was free to use, which is a big selling point on a budget. It provided all the function I needed without the high monthly or yearly costs. However, it was a little confusing to use compared to others. And ultimately, I didn't keep it because of speed issues as it slowed my computer noticeably. My computer was not high performance enough to handle it. I would find ways to clarify use and speed up the overall processes.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Panda Security stops spyware better than the three previous brands that I had tried in the last ten years because I had virus problems with all of them. I almost lost my computer because of those brands and had to have someone completely clean it up and start from scratch. I was not a happy camper and I will not buy them again. I have been using Panda Security for the last two years and have been happy with the results, I have not had any problems with viruses and the only improvement I would like is a lower price.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The Panda Security software was very easy to use with a very nice user interface. The price was also a great deal for your money and the malware detection seemed to be pretty accurate. However, the biggest issue that I had with this software was the difficulty in recovering falsely flagged files. Also I did sometimes find it a tad bit difficult to navigate and it also scanned slowly. Nevertheless, my overall experience with this antivirus software was good. The pros outweighs the cons. It has a good detection rate, program configuration, and a user friendly interface.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I like the software I picked because it's free and easy to use. Also, it doesn't use a lot of system resource which for me is a key factor in using an antivirus software. The only thing I would change is the price of the software. I would use the paid version if it was cheaper. So far Panda Security has been great and I have had no problems with it. I wish all antivirus software was this easy to use.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Panda worked really well for me. But I wish I had heard of it sooner so I could have saved the time and money that I wasted on other similar software. I liked that the software was free, the reviews stated that it was great at protecting computers so that's what I choose to go with it. Overall it was a great antivirus tool. It did not slow down my browser as well as my computer and protected me. It was a pleasurable experience.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience was pretty good with Panda Security. I liked this one over others because it was easy and simple to set up and use. No hassle. It was not too hard to get used to. But at the same time it's a little difficult for me to read tiny text that are the directions. I also get some ads sometimes but everything seems okay. Would ask if they could make my computer run faster and if they would make set up a little easier. I would recommend over some other antivirus softwares.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I chose Panda Security over others because it protects a lot with viruses and trojan horses and anything that could harm your computer and your protection. Also, it's easy to understand it. Everything about it is amazing just the way it is and the overall experience was good.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The Panda Security software was one that was offered with our computer system. My husband decided to try it out and it's managed our viruses fairly well. It was fairly easy to install and has kept viruses at bay. No glitches, crashes or stalling with our computer. However, I wish there's a small pop-up that allows you to make several choices to either continue on to a website or not. There are times where you are locked out of website and you're not able to continue further. But we are satisfied with the virus software. Excellent coverage at a decent price!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I switched to Panda on the recommendation of my nephew. I like how easy it was to install and use and how well it works to protect my computer. It has not interfered with my computer and internet activities and has caught suspect material on more than one occasion. I am very happy with its performance. It does its job and have had absolutely no issues with the software.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Panda Internet Security does most of its work in the cloud which allows me to do more with my machine. But from what I have seen on the internet there are programs with a much better rate of discovery and much better protection. But I chose this software because it carries such a small offline footprint and did not seem to slow down my computer or interfere with my internet reception. This was important to me.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was amazed at how easy Panda Security was easy to use especially for a beginner user like I was at the time I used it on my personal computer. It’s good the way it is and the set up in its current status as a scanning software program. I like that it didn't take over my computer like Norton does. It's a great program that anyone can use easily. Just download and follow the instructions.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I installed Panda on an older machine with lower specs than the latest computers. The machine had less RAM to work with, and therefore needed a program that is less resources intensive. Panda takes up fewer resources than other antivirus software. Other antivirus programs slow older computers to a crawl. Panda runs in the cloud and is therefore much easier on computer resources. Although, it can be difficult to update the program sometimes. When I tried to update software, it froze, and I ended up needing to completely uninstall it before installing the latest version.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Panda Security seems to do a lot of things that other antiviruses having included with their service. And runs in the background while not making my computer slow down. Making sure that I am protected around the clock feels nice and because of that never got a single Trojan. Also having a call blocker combined with protecting me from viruses while shopping online. But having a permanent product I can get for at least 1 year would be great and be put on multiple devices that I use on a daily basis like my smartphone, tablet, and computer.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Panda Security was a great experience with good intentions. They are very protecting and offer frequent scans and are a great price for the money and you can use it to get rid of spyware and someone cannot hack you. The software does its job well and is very useful so that your computer internet are safe.

Original review: March 26, 2018

It's easy to use and pretty comprehensive in its ability to recognize and capture viruses and erase them from my computer. I had no problem understanding how to use it, it worked great. It’s keeping me up and running hassle free with the comfort of knowing if something new came down the pike they'd have a solution post haste to fix it. But I’d simply make sure all definitions were up to date and completely eradicated the virus from my computer for a operational problem free experience and if there were new viruses down the road that can cause problems they had a fix out for it as quickly as possible, so I can continue to use my computer with no problems. I had a very nice experience using this app and can see myself using it in the future.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I liked Panda because it was easy for the complete idiot to use and didn't require me to be a rocket scientist. They have to put more educational options for people to stop being a complete newbie, aka make the help files easier for the noobs to learn.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This is an excellent service and so glad I had opportunities to use it. My daughter also absolutely loves it. Software is amazing and very secure. Will use the service all the time and it's high-quality. I never get any bugs. I would highly recommend it to any family and friends and anybody over the Internet. We should have more of it and it works great with my every day. Other products don't offer as much as this product does. It does great and it's wonderful for Home. Everything is fine. However, they are quite pricey and updates are required a lot and not always the best service. It also gets dropped sometimes and can be hard to fix and find.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It was quick to detect and quarantine. It seemed faster than its competitors and was on top of updates to its database. This aspect left a good impression. However, there were too many pop-up reminders and prompts. They often caused other programs to minimize. This was particularly frustrating when playing games or trying to focus on something that required full attention. But my experience was good. It was on sale and we took a chance on it as opposed to bigger brands. Bigger isn't always better, and this software proved to be a good choice. We were happy we bought it.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The panda antivirus software had the option of using a cloud based version that would be up to date at all times along with a good trial time to test the product prior to purchasing. It is an important factor in deciding what company and software to purchase. The software does not use many resources or memory while keeping the computer protected at all times. Better detection and protection is always something that need to keep getting improved and whitelisting is helpful.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was looking for a software, and a friend mentioned Panda. She had used Panda for years and recommended it for what I would be using it for and also my budget. It was sufficient for my needs at the time. And I may use it again in the future, and have recommended it to other users. I would like to see an easy "cleaning" tool in my antivirus software so I can get rid of junk. Otherwise that, I'm happy with the product.

Original review: March 12, 2018

This app do what he must do. Data Shield component protects against ransomware and spying Trojans and includes parental control. Many bonus features. Licenses good for Windows, Android, or macOS devices. Perfect. I have installed it on my PC and mobile telephone but it requires too many scans and updates. It’s effective and reasonably priced. I like the 30-day money back, the customer support 24/7 and it had great reviews. It’s always ranked in the top 10 best antivirus service providers. But I prefer other virus protection that is more well-known and established. The customer service could be a little quicker with their responses, but still a great overall product. Great for laptops and compatible with all your devices and plans start at 7/mo which I can afford. I would recommend it to my friends.

Panda Security expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Based in Spain, Panda Security is a multinational company focusing on antivirus software and cyber-security technology. Panda Security operates in over 180 countries and boasts more than 30 million users.

• Home user protection: Panda Security offers one free month of its Panda Protection software, which protects all of your devices including smartphones and smartwatches. The technology allows you to lock and wipe your devices remotely at any time.

• Family monitoring: For users with children, Panda Protection allows you to monitor what other users are doing on the internet. You can block inappropriate content and keep track of users’ locations.

• Home user pricing: Panda Security offers a $3.99 per month plan with device and family monitoring. For $6.99 per month, you can add privacy protection. Plans can be cancelled at any time.

• Business security: Panda Security offers businesses endpoint protection, systems management, integration of all IT infrastructure devices and email protection. Panda has over 15,000 corporate customers around the world.

• Collective intelligence: Panda Security uses data sharing to collect millions of users’ information on malware attacks, which increases the software’s adaptability to new challenges.

• Best for: home users and businesses looking for an all-in-one virus and malware protection package.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Panda Security Company Information