3.97/5
Based on 129 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Panda Security

Panda Security is an antivirus system designed to detect malware on your devices before the damage happens. Panda Security offers an award-wining smart technology system that allows constant monitoring of everything that is happening in your system. Their security solutions are made according to your specific device and security needs at an affordable price.

Read More Read More
    Last updated: March 26, 2018

131 Panda Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 26, 2018

It's easy to use and pretty comprehensive in its ability to recognize and capture viruses and erase them from my computer. I had no problem understanding how to use it, it worked great. It’s keeping me up and running hassle free with the comfort of knowing if something new came down the pike they'd have a solution post haste to fix it. But I’d simply make sure all definitions were up to date and completely eradicated the virus from my computer for a operational problem free experience and if there were new viruses down the road that can cause problems they had a fix out for it as quickly as possible, so I can continue to use my computer with no problems. I had a very nice experience using this app and can see myself using it in the future.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I liked Panda because it was easy for the complete idiot to use and didn't require me to be a rocket scientist. They have to put more educational options for people to stop being a complete newbie, aka make the help files easier for the noobs to learn.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This is an excellent service and so glad I had opportunities to use it. My daughter also absolutely loves it. Software is amazing and very secure. Will use the service all the time and it's high-quality. I never get any bugs. I would highly recommend it to any family and friends and anybody over the Internet. We should have more of it and it works great with my every day. Other products don't offer as much as this product does. It does great and it's wonderful for Home. Everything is fine. However, they are quite pricey and updates are required a lot and not always the best service. It also gets dropped sometimes and can be hard to fix and find.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It was quick to detect and quarantine. It seemed faster than its competitors and was on top of updates to its database. This aspect left a good impression. However, there were too many pop-up reminders and prompts. They often caused other programs to minimize. This was particularly frustrating when playing games or trying to focus on something that required full attention. But my experience was good. It was on sale and we took a chance on it as opposed to bigger brands. Bigger isn't always better, and this software proved to be a good choice. We were happy we bought it.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The panda antivirus software had the option of using a cloud based version that would be up to date at all times along with a good trial time to test the product prior to purchasing. It is an important factor in deciding what company and software to purchase. The software does not use many resources or memory while keeping the computer protected at all times. Better detection and protection is always something that need to keep getting improved and whitelisting is helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panda Security?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was looking for a software, and a friend mentioned Panda. She had used Panda for years and recommended it for what I would be using it for and also my budget. It was sufficient for my needs at the time. And I may use it again in the future, and have recommended it to other users. I would like to see an easy "cleaning" tool in my antivirus software so I can get rid of junk. Otherwise that, I'm happy with the product.

Original review: March 12, 2018

This app do what he must do. Data Shield component protects against ransomware and spying Trojans and includes parental control. Many bonus features. Licenses good for Windows, Android, or macOS devices. Perfect. I have installed it on my PC and mobile telephone but it requires too many scans and updates. It’s effective and reasonably priced. I like the 30-day money back, the customer support 24/7 and it had great reviews. It’s always ranked in the top 10 best antivirus service providers. But I prefer other virus protection that is more well-known and established. The customer service could be a little quicker with their responses, but still a great overall product. Great for laptops and compatible with all your devices and plans start at 7/mo which I can afford. I would recommend it to my friends.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have use Panda Pro antivirus for over 2 years. Seems to work as well as Norton, McAfee, AVG and others I tried. For most part the product works very well and at reasonable price. I have had to uninstall and reinstall to solve an issue. The only drawback is every time you call tech support, they want charge a fee. The guy was all over my computer acting to fix something, yet he never open anything. He knew from the start how fix my issue without all the acting.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Panda Antivirus and products are second to none. In my humble opinion the best on the web today for protection, ease of use a rock solid security application. Price is affordable and meets the budget of the average user. I highly recommend this product to anyone that needs the best in protection.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I have used, I think every anti-virus software out there. And none have protected me as well as Panda. Also, the ease of use and the look of the pages are almost like it was created for me, or at least people like me that are good enough to play around on a PC but are not pro’s by any means. So, Thank You Panda guys and please continue to do what you do.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Your order page set Extended Download Service ($6.99) and Virus Removal Premium Service ($12.99) as a default to indicate that the customer would want them rather than having the customer click on them if they wanted them. I saw the two boxes with ADD but did not want them so I did not click on them. Because the default was set in the positive, I unknowingly purchased those two services. This has left a sour taste in my mouth and I will more than likely not be renewing with Panda next year. It seems a little deceitful setting up the order page as you have.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We were using Kaspersky and for obvious reasons wanted to get far away from it. Found good reviews and consumer satisfaction for Panda. After one year's subscription for multiple devices, we have to say we're totally satisfied and have not experienced any security issues nor had to contact customer service.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Don't know if Panda was installed or not on my laptop or cell phone. Big problem. Did however notice my bank account paid you in full for 2018. Every year same issue. Hello, anybody home. This should be my last year with Panda. It's just too difficult to install. With no help from Panda.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Panda Security's easy to use, and constantly running to see if you have a virus. It also was compatible with my outdated laptop, which I still use. I like that it runs smoothly, and has different options. It also doesn’t take as much time to scan. However, I don’t like that I get pop ups on the bottom edge of my screen and that I have to pay to get rid of the ads. And sometimes it takes forever to boot up here, versus other types of anti-virus scans. But overall the protection has been great, and a breeze to use.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I've been a client since before 2006, and am happy with the results over the years. I would definitely recommend this organization to anyone considering security measures. The installation is quick and painless. If you need to call them, tech service is very helpful and pleasant.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have never had a problem since installing Panda. I'd definitely recommend it to a new user. I bought a new computer and changing Panda to the new computer was simple. Definitely worth the money to be secure. I have never needed to contact Panda with a problem.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Panda Security was rated as the most effective free antivirus software on a computer-based website where they compared a lot of free antivirus software that was available. It is easy to use. It also works without slowing down the computer and it doesn't cost anything because I have the free version. I would like to not have the popups that want me to upgrade to the full version though.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Hello Panda, The gentleman that helped me was very good at his job. He understood my situation and was able get my order placed without a long wait and was kind and professional the entire time. I can't thank you good people enough. Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I like the ease of installation and use. I like to use good software products and I got to try the product for free. I always enjoy the free trial periods with these products and try anti-virus products when I can. They are nice for a change. But I did find that it was not as powerful as some of the other products that I have tried. I still like to try new products and would try this one again when I have more time to explore and not just looking for something that I need.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had an issue with upgrading to Panda Global Security at renewal from the lower level of Panda Internet Security that I had used for 2 or 3 years. The Service person that I dealt with was great. He cancelled my Global Security with a resulting rather immediate refund, and gave me a great price on renewal of my Internet Security.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Since I renewed my subscription with you, your company has been charging my credit card twice a month for $9.99. After numerous phone calls and phone messages it became apparent you can't fix the problem. I had to report the unauthorized charges to my credit card company and close the account. They charged your company back for those charges. Don't call me unless it's to say you found the problem and fixed it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have been using Panda for 15-ish years. I will never use another AV as it always has protected me without issue. When my family and friends get hit by a virus, I toss Panda on there and problem solved.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have been using Panda Antivirus software for three years on my current PC and have yet to get malware or any other internet software demons on my computer! So glad I went with the Panda. I also recently put it on my wife's computer once her "free" subscription to McAfee ran out. I trust their technical expertise and find their pricing to be a best value.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

That is a very good software to use, it keeps your computer from crashing. It’s a very trustworthy product to us. I have tried other antivirus software in the past but to me Panda software seems to work better than any other one. It does a great job in keeping my computer safe and clear from virus and from anyone that tries to hack into my files. I have a very good experience with it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My overall experience with Panda Security has been very good. The software does a really good job at what it does, to protect my computer from malwares and other viruses. It is friendly to use and not at all challenging for users to get used to the software. The features I like is the quick launch and fast scanning each time I launch up and use the product. That way I get things done quickly for my day and get down to business. I would use this product over another competitor. It is highly recommended by other professionals too.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Having Panda Security was a very great experience because it was free to use but had great services. It also was a reliable source and has great reviews. It was really easy to use even if you have to use a lot of memory to keep uploading it. It can scan my computer but keep all my information confidential. The software included free monitoring on your computer, cellphone, laptop or tablet and a free defense system if something were to happen to it. They had really great customer service as well. However, having to update it almost every week is a bit much even for a software like that. Also, having to keep clicking run scanner every time you want to run a scan is a bit too much. You should be able to set up times to do scans such as noon, midnight, three am or even in the evening.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Reseller of PC laptop, tablet and tell buyer to use Panda a/v and repairs after virus attack most users don't know or renew their antivirus software. I tell them but they don't think it's worth it until trouble happens then I explain the nature of their problem. I have install many programs but your is the best for the money.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We have used Panda for several years. Panda has provided reliable service that has given us the protection requested. Using Panda software and common sense when on the web has kept us operating safely. Panda warns about unsafe sites and attachments, double checks when other applications are loading or attempting to take control. Great protection for your money!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Had difficulty updating Panda Global Protection. Tech support responded on a timely basis and helped me easily update my product. This is why we've been a customer since 2015. Excellent product & excellent technical support! I certainly would recommend this product to family and friends. As an aside, we also enjoy the beauty of the images Panda shares.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Too many popups, too frequently asking to buy the full blown program with no way to make it stop. The interruptions are unwelcome and annoying. Too many false positives that interrupt workflow. Program files that are positively not infected are being flagged causing stoppages.

Panda Security expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Based in Spain, Panda Security is a multinational company focusing on antivirus software and cyber-security technology. Panda Security operates in over 180 countries and boasts more than 30 million users.

• Home user protection: Panda Security offers one free month of its Panda Protection software, which protects all of your devices including smartphones and smartwatches. The technology allows you to lock and wipe your devices remotely at any time.

• Family monitoring: For users with children, Panda Protection allows you to monitor what other users are doing on the internet. You can block inappropriate content and keep track of users’ locations.

• Home user pricing: Panda Security offers a $3.99 per month plan with device and family monitoring. For $6.99 per month, you can add privacy protection. Plans can be cancelled at any time.

• Business security: Panda Security offers businesses endpoint protection, systems management, integration of all IT infrastructure devices and email protection. Panda has over 15,000 corporate customers around the world.

• Collective intelligence: Panda Security uses data sharing to collect millions of users’ information on malware attacks, which increases the software’s adaptability to new challenges.

• Best for: home users and businesses looking for an all-in-one virus and malware protection package.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Panda Security Company Information