4.0/5 (200 ratings)

About Webroot AntiVirus

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Webroot AntiVirus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I used Webroot for many years. Never had a problem until now. I am using a different anti virus that, in my opinion, is better. Web root still tries after I call them to cancel, take money out of my account. I have called them and told them many times to cancel and stop taking money out of my account. So, I had to call the credit card company and file a complaint, explain, and block web root. The customer service is horrid. I do not recommend web root.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Webroot Customer Service is non-existent! I've been trying for over a month about my auto-renewal subscription and not being able to log-in to my account. None of the password reset request work. No one answers the phone. No one responds to your email requests. Absolutely no integrity at this company.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have had Webroot antivirus on my computers for many years. They used to have very good customer service but now I can't log in to my account and when I send them a message through their portal I get no answers and if I call their telephone number I have to wait for almost an hour, then I get a man who tells me I need to open a new account and when I try it doesn't work. I already have an account! I don't know what their problem is but their customer service is terrible!!! I will be getting another antivirus program!

Original review: April 4, 2020

When I purchased my new computer in 2019 at Best Buy this is what they recommended and since I have had that for over a year now I haven't had a single problem and I renewed Webroot again. It is a great product and it stop most all of the junk sites that I used to get.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Doesn’t bog down computer while scanning like others I have used. Easy to understand and reports are helpful. Also can be used on smartphones and tablets. Up to five devices at no additional charge. Very good for a limited budget, but quality service.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I have Webroot on my laptop and smartphone. It protects against malware and viruses. It is easy to install. I would use Webroot in the future. The price is great for buying Webroot. I use a free version for my smartphone.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I have Webroot for 2-3 years and I don't seem to have any problems. They do have an automatic yearly deduction of $249... that way I know I am always covered. I never had any reason to call for support.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I had just created a new account and thread on their community forums, everything was going fine, until the moment when I inquired about their system optimizer of the "gamer" version, asking how much of a difference is between their optimizer and making a normal disk cleaning through Windows or CCleaner. I went to lunch, when when I came back, the moderator had deleted the thread and banned my account without any type of warning or notice. The thread was removed and now when I login it says that my account has been banned. All I did was a legitimate question, to which they didn't bother to answer, instead they just got rid of it. I wonder what that means... After something like this, I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I really like Webroot Secure Anywhere as it doesn't bog down my computer with virus definitions. Anything that goes through my computer, that I allow or something that tries to get through, is stopped before ever getting near it. All information goes through a server instead of a program that's loaded on my computer. I use to use Norton Internet Security, however, too many things got past their program, and I had to keep using their support to get my computer clean. I have to say, I haven't had any problems at all since I've been using Webroot Secure Anywhere on all 3 of my computers. Their support, if needed, is always available, and they're forum is so full of information if you ever need a question answered or just want to see the latest info on malware, viruses, etc. All questions are answered by very knowledgeable moderators and very helpful. One more thing; it's a very affordable program!

Original review: March 22, 2020

Have never had to use SUPPORT or WARRANTY, comes free with my Geek Squad protection plan which covers all my devices and phones. I schedule my scans to run overnight. Have never had an virus related issues since I began using a few years ago. Definitely recommend.

Original review: March 21, 2020

This program came with my Lenovo Laptop, which I bought through Best Buy. It has protected my computer for many years. I have a Geek Squad subscription and any time I have had an issue with a virus I call them for support. I would recommend to everyone.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Webroot had a great reputation when I purchased it and has outperformed in my opinion. I still get daily web and virus coverage for all of my devices which includes my phone. Other products I used in the past slowed down my devices. Not Webroot! I am well pleased and continue to purchase my subscription each time it needs renewing and I recommend it to my friends also.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The most user unfriendly platform and zero technical support, Lord help you if you forget a password or pass number whatever this is, if you want to open a ticket to get technical support good luck because you have to log in. I still have not received any support from my last ticket over 3 months ago. I have had to send their sales department a Email notice to cancel my auto renewal and to cancel all my accounts. Very confusing and misleading website when trying to find and understand what you are try to purchase, the install process is a nightmare. Highly recommend to stay as far away from Webroot products.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

If you ever cancel you will be haunted forever by the "renew now or Remind me later" notice when you turn on your computer. You can call to complain or beg to get it off of your computer, but it will do no good. It is a permanent annoyance and after several months you will begin to hate Webroot.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I downloaded Webroot on Fri night and next day my computer that has worked flawlessly for 4 years wouldn't even open to home screen. I was refunded my Webroot money but it cost me 185 dollars plus to take it to OfficeMax to get it repaired. They wouldn't even consider paying me for my repairs due to their program. They did not make it good. I would have been happy with them paying half the cost----but no. So beware if your computer screws up after the download it's all on you. Keep that in mind.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Need to renew and can't get any help. Was on hold over 45 minutes. Tried to talk to a supervisor and call went to voicemail. I called back and ask for sales, No problem. Call went right through. It seems they will take your money but they offer NO help. I can't recommend this company to anyone! Poorly organized company!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Customer service sucks, at best! I bought the service and it will not communicate with Chrome. I tried different online recommendations, and still cannot resolve my problem. I decided to call customer service, the first time I called get this long dissertation about how you can do online support, which sent up a flag right away. I opted to wait on the line and waited over an hour and a half, and finally hung up. I tried again today, called early in the morning, and the same thing. I only waited about 15 minutes and hung up. I called to cancel service, same long dissertation, hung up after 10 minutes. They have a great product but their customer service is non-existent.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Webroot company are a bunch of CHARLATANS. EVERY YEAR I enter the DO NOT automatically renew my account.. and EVERY YEAR they STILL try to automatically renew my account.. for an amount that is 300% higher than I can get elsewhere. That's a DISGUSTING CHEATING PRACTICE.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Webroot charged me an unauthorized two charges of $59.99 which they stole directly out of my PayPal. When I complained and contacted them they refunded one charge but refuse to refund the other. When I call, they keep transferring me back to the main menu and do so over and over again until the system hangs up. When I email they won’t accept me giving them the PayPal transaction IDs or even screenshots of the charges. I am furious. They are liars and cheat people out of money. I have been fighting for my refund for 6 days now to no avail.

Hello Natasha,

I would like to resolve this for you. Would you mind sending me an email with your transaction details so I can locate the order number?

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: March 31, 2019

I am getting ready to renew Webroot (the 5 license SecureAnywhere). I have it for almost 2 years now on two laptops and two desktops. It was a difficult choice to transition from Norton AV that I used for many years but the Symantec overhead was slowing down my computer too much. Webroot does not seem to slow down my home network or computers. I do not use it on my iPhone though - those app ratings seem pretty low. I have no complaints on the desktop, laptops or robust home network. Caveat: I have not had any need to use customer service for technical issues so am unable to comment either pro or con on their customer service, sorry.

I did contact Best Buy when I wanted to upgrade after a year at the initial subscription. That sales inquiry, while every one was polite, was frustrating. I bought the laptop and Webroot from Best Buy initially... but they sent me to Geek Squad but GS doesn't service the Webroot so they sent me to someone else who sent me to someone else who got me to Webroot Sales who was unable to upgrade my Webroot subscription because it was through Best Buy... but did open a totally new account at the upgraded subscription I wanted and facilitated a partial refund of the old account through Best Buy. Whew!!! There's half a day spent on the phone. That was the only problem I had, though. Just a sales issue, but it was challenging.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a key on Monday, March 11, 2019. I had an issue with getting the key to work and let me download. I called and spoke to Andrew in tech support, he walked me right through the process. It was my lack of sleep while traveling that I didn't follow the prompts as instructed. It loaded and was working much faster, burning much less background resources than McAfee. I had another issue unrelated to their software where after doing the Dell updates that mangled my OS. I called tech support again and spoke to Hunter, then Josh. They stayed on the line with me for quite a spell, fixing my issue in safe mode. I only wish my Admin were as adept in solving issues and providing solutions. Thanks so much.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've had Webroot SecureAnywhere since May 2014. I never had to contact them for service until today 3-5-2019 and only because I needed to add my new laptop to my existing account. This has proven to be one of the worst experiences that I have had with a company to whom I was paying for service. On a call into their 800#, I pressed the '2' for Consumer Service Support and it played a recording that directed me to use their online support. The online support wasn't working for me so this is why I called to speak with a Tech.

I found another 800# for them and it gave me a live person, who was only directing calls. I was transferred to speak with a Tech but when they supposedly answered, the call mysteriously cut off. I had tried using my KEYCODE to get into my account to add the new laptop; ONE time it let me in only for me to discover that the account shows that I had NO or '0' devices being protected. I tried to download the product again and again and again but NOTHING worked. Oh and I did try the online CHAT, which just sent me on a wild goose chase. I know how to handle this... In 47 days my product coverage is up for renewal... NOT!!!

Hello Janet,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are willing to do so, please send me an email so I can investigate this further. I can be reached at wcommunity@webroot.com. And again, I am sorry that you have had this experience.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

A previous review stated, "Customer service is also very friendly and extremely talented." That is nothing but ** and is doubtless planted by a Webroot shill. First of all, if you try to buy one year's worth of anti-virus coverage for $29.99, they will instead charge your credit card over $80.00! BAIT AND SWITCH IS ILLEGAL!!! If you try to dispute the charge, they will continue to screw you over by refusing to speak with you, send you to dead end voicemails, and using their automated voice messaging system to just terminate your phone calls. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

Hello,

Would you mind contacting me directly so I can investigate this? I can be reached via email.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I didn't renew my Webroot Antivirus. I was planning on renewing it over the weekend but before I could my computer stopped working. My neighbor (Geek Squad ordinaire) helped me troubleshoot. Within 30 seconds of rebooting something was kicking off 1000s of processes and slowing my computer to a crawl. Working in safe mode he determined it was Webroot. Uninstalling the program solved the problem. Not cool Webroot. You shouldn't impersonate a virus to cause us to renew.

Hello Melanie,

It sounds like SecureAnywhere may not be functioning properly. The best course of action would be to contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket. They will be able to assist you to make sure that the software is working correctly.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased total protection for 5, used on only two. One of them got infected and started getting slow, slower, and now it won't even boot. Got no help from Webroot, called and left messages via emails. The PC is now useless. Immediately went back to my old provider (McAfee) to save the other PC. Still have not heard from Webroot, however, got emails for renewal...which I'll cancel. Stay away from this product. I am a current customer and my review is based on my experience, giving one star, which it does not deserve.

Hello,

If you feel that your PC has been infected with a virus that is not being detected we recommend that you open a support ticket so one of our threat research specialists can investigate and make sure that everything is set up correctly. We offer free virus removal for all of our customers, as well as rollback and remediation to revert any unwanted changes made by malware, so if anything is amiss our team will help you resolve the issue shortly.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After my Webroot subscription expired the program slowed down my computer to the point it was no longer starting up or running. I was also not able to renew the subscription because of it. I tried all kinds of ways to troubleshoot, however only after I uninstalled Webroot in safe mode was I able to use my computer again. I will never again buy this program.

Hello Tina,

What you are describing is very uncommon, would you mind reaching out to our support team so we can investigate further? We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I recently purchased a new iMac at Best Buy to replace my old iMac 2013 that was running Webroot Secure Anywhere and which was installed on my 2013 iMac at Best Buy. I brought the new iMac home and started the process of transferring everything from the old to the new iMac. The exchange was flawless with the exception of Webroot now interfering with my ability to operate my new iMac. About every 30 seconds, Webroot (which now WAS NOT protecting my new iMac) kept interrupting me on my computer regardless of if I was on my wifi or not. I finally had to go through a long process at home to uninstall it.

I sent an email to their support address. I got a response with what looked like a password, but no link to use it on. I went to their website through an internet search and there is NOTHING there that allows a customer to reinstall their product. Some "support." Thanks Webroot for the lackluster help and your abysmal product for my iMac. I'll be going back to Best Buy to see what other products they can install on my iMac.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. These concerns are best addressed by one of our tech support agents. We recommend that you contact our support team so that we can assist you further: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I renewed my subscription by buying a new keycode and adding it to my account. Been doing that for years with no issues. But the last time I did that all my saved passwords in the password management got deleted. Apparently 'cause the last keycode didn't get renewed within 45 days and didn't care that I had an active keycode subscription still on the account. I contacted support and their resolution? Disconnect from the internet and export the passwords by downloading and saving it to cvs file... um... "disconnect" from the internet and "download" a file that apparently is empty 'cause they deleted it? Did the laws of physics change or did Webroot hire the dumbest IT people they can find? Thanks, now I have to recover usernames and passwords from hundreds of sites I've accumulated for years.

Hello Travis,

As a matter of data security and privacy, we only keep passwords for 45 days after the associated keycode expires. You were using a keycode and instead of renewing, purchased another keycode. Because of this, the associated keycode expired, passed 45 days, the data was purged after this. We don't want to keep data around forever, especially sensitive info like that. As for the CSV method, our support team was attempting to help you recover what was lost from your web browser.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wouldn't install on new CP. They told me it was a Trojan virus on my IP address and told me I can't fix it or get a new one but he said I could pay 250 to fix it. He insisted over and over that I should pay 250 otherwise I cannot download Webroot. Well I Googled it and it took 30 secs to get new IP address and voila. I had a new IP and Webroot was able to download. Thanks again shady agent in India.

Hello Trepp,

Sounds like you spoke with a tech support scammer, see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Understanding-Tech-Support-Scams/ta-p/319696

For our real support, we can be reached at 1-866-612-4227 and it doesn't cost anything.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Purchased the $29.99 Webroot AntiVirus then cancelled the auto-renewal on Aug 30, a month before the my subscription ends and not only I was charged for auto-renewal but I was charged for the most expensive subscription at $79.99.

Webroot AntiVirus response
We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you call our sales team at 1-866-612-4268 they will be happy to get this resolved for you.

Sincerely, Webroot Community Support Team