4.26/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Webroot AntiVirus

Webroot is an award-winning cybersecurity company with over ten years of experience in threat intelligence services. Webroot’s cloud-based program stops millions of threats in real time to help protect your business, and customers. They offer the smarter services, multi-vector protection and superior resources you need to take control of your business and grow.

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Webroot AntiVirus Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wouldn't install on new CP. They told me it was a Trojan virus on my IP address and told me I can't fix it or get a new one but he said I could pay 250 to fix it. He insisted over and over that I should pay 250 otherwise I cannot download Webroot. Well I Googled it and it took 30 secs to get new IP address and voila. I had a new IP and Webroot was able to download. Thanks again shady agent in India.

Hello Trepp,

Sounds like you spoke with a tech support scammer, see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Understanding-Tech-Support-Scams/ta-p/319696

For our real support, we can be reached at 1-866-612-4227 and it doesn't cost anything.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Purchased the $29.99 Webroot AntiVirus then cancelled the auto-renewal on Aug 30, a month before the my subscription ends and not only I was charged for auto-renewal but I was charged for the most expensive subscription at $79.99.

Webroot AntiVirus response
      We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you call our sales team at 1-866-612-4268 they will be happy to get this resolved for you.

Sincerely, Webroot Community Support Team

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Apparently it's time to renew my subscription. Unfortunately, Webroot has locked my computer. I either have to renew or uninstall. Problem is the reviews online say if you uninstall it shuts off your internet and creates other problems. I can't research it any further because it will not allow me to use ANY program or search engine. Very poor marketing gimmick. Makes me lose any trust I may have had in them.

Webroot AntiVirus response
      This is not a practice that we engage in, so there is either something wrong with the installation or another program interfering. We highly recommend that you call our support team at 1-866-612-4227 and they will be happy to assist you and get your machine back to normal.

Sincerely, Webroot Community Support Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I was working on an incident response case involving possible attacker on keyboard - environment infiltration was a possibility. We quietly deployed an EDR agent from third party Vendor and Webroot had no problems with it. 3 days in the investigation the EDR triggers an agent update and webroot decides that the EDR is malware and wipes out the entire install base for ** and giggles. We lost our ability to interact with the endpoints plus 4 days of telemetry. DO NOT use Webroot if you use software from small vendors in your shop. It was my mistake for not setting up exclusions in the first place but we use the same agent for many other configurations - Windows Defender, Eset, McAfee all of them have enough brains to figure out that we have our solution rolling in the background and fundamentally never mess with it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Yesterday, July 16, 2018, I opened a request to "fix" several attempts to access my password; MISTAKE. I watched, horrified, as my apps and firewall were deleted; Webroot agent Alex entered my screen because my Webroot security "flagged" this as "suspicious activity". To summarize a long frustrating day that followed this agent used his incredible patience with me to repair the damage done by intrusion. PLUS he installed a very thorough security system leaving me with visual instruction on its purpose and use. I am so thankful I had Webroot, this "guard" on my computer and agent Alex ** who worked tirelessly with me. Awesome. Grateful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Webroot AntiVirus?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have had Webroot since 2014 and it came with my new computer then thru Best Buy also! I am totally satisfied with this product and would not use any other! Used to use Norton but thought I would give Webroot a try and have used it every year since then! Easy to use and easy to install. Have not had to worry about viruses and attacks! Totally great product and their support is unbeatable! Keep up the good work Webroot!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I first dealt with WebRoot many years ago back in 2008 and back then they were a very reputable company. I could count on them to do the right things, to protect my computer. Now it is more of an invasion. After I downloaded the latest version of WebRoot it kept wanting me to open up my phone to its intrusive searches telling me I had all of these problems that needed to be "fixed." The issue and the thing that I could not believe, is that WebRoot had not run one scan, so how could they possibly know that I/my phone had any kind of problem?

I also keep a second virus protection program on my phone and after seeing what WebRoot reported I ran a scan which by the way is set up to run every hour. The report I received back is that out of 212 files on my phone 212 were reported to be clean and without viruses. This reminds me of when that company that was selling bogus virus protection programs "Cleaner something, and threatened people with the blue screen of death." This is what WebRoot is reminding me of and the path they are taking. It seems to be they have now began to rely on their past reputation to get them into the future. While their development department tries to create something viable, and sustainable that's worthwhile for the company.

Their problem is they do not have the talent so they are resorting to scare tactics and intimidations like the ones that I received. This scares people into an unnecessary upgrade in which they are forced to pay for, while WebRoot does no actual work. The public they serve is completely unaware that they are being duped. Those of us who do catch on, we delete their programs. I would hope that more of them would report WebRoot to the Consumer Affairs.

Hello Nelson,

I can assure you that Webroot does still work just as well (if not better) as the version you're referencing in 2008. We are not trying to scare anyone with any information, the tools built into our program are designed to advise and inform. To that extent, what you are describing is still not common, I highly recommend reaching out to our support team so we can investigate further and put your mind at ease (still no additional cost). We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Lara - Webroot Community Team

Original review: June 21, 2018

Webroot came with the computer I bought at Best Buy. I typically use McAfee but haven't had any complaints about Webroot and haven't wished once that I had gotten the other one. Webroot is Easy to use and there are not a lot of pop ups. I do not have any viruses and have had the computer almost a year. The icons are easy to use and are nicely designed. Works with my computer nicely. It was super easy to install, just go to the website and type in the code and it works! However, Webroot could put out a weekly summary report showing what they removed and when. That would give a better idea of how it's working. I don't even really know it's there because I barely receive notifications. Nevertheless, I would recommend anyone get this. A friend can even use the code you get.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Webroot has software that will automatically scan everything that you already have upon initial installation or originally have. For example any usb sticks, external hard drives, all the drives on your computer, burned CDs it basically can scan everything you own right off the bat. This is a very nice feature because no matter what antivirus you have had before you can already be infected and not know that. The second biggest feature that I like about Webroot Antivirus is that it has a multiple application suite depending on which you get, you can just use it for everything and be done with it. Anti-malware antivirus and I'm pretty sure it detects malicious connections made by programs although I haven't really had to mess with the networking side of things. This means one application does it all at once.

But it should have a very easy way to turn off and on. I don't need to open the application every time I want to do so. I also don't mind having to pick a time or what not but I would like an easy way to turn the whole thing on and off at the touch of a button. I would also like to be able to exclude a lot easier, a lot of the time whenever something is detected it is automatically quarantined, and you have to open up the app figure out what blocked it, and mark it in an exclusion which is a very tedious task if you have just started using the application recently.

Other than that, this is a great piece of software. I have actually worked for these guys and it is above almost all of the other available security software out there on the market today from its inception a long time ago. They have a great team of developers, and security experts that are constantly on top of the virus definitions, the block lists for sites, the known malware and probably follow a million other things I dont know even exist out there on the web looking for vulnerabilities. Also tech support is top notch, it was by far the easiest experience possible for the customer. They offer corporate solutions so you do not have to have to do business with a million different companies when it comes to securing your site and all on premise data. It also is very intuitive and constantly monitoring for everything that could be a risk. I highly recommend it.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Webroot was recommended by my college professor from my A+ class and so far it has served me well. I enjoy the fact that this software does its job and I don't pay anything for it. I am always open to products that are cheap and or free. I have never gotten a virus while using this product. Faster scans would be appreciated though.

Webroot AntiVirus Company Information