Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.93/5
Get Pricing

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Call Now Toll Free (877) 906-8816 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

On Sunday 28th February 2021 we received an email advising that our annual subscription had failed to automatically renew. Approximately 2 weeks ago I updated the credit card information for my account – the new details were reflecting in my account information. When I conducted a Quick Order Lookup search using my email address and last 4 digits of my new credit card my renewal subscription could not be found. When I searched my email address and last 4 digits of my old credit card the results were displayed as order unsubmitted.

I had further attempted to resolve the issue by completing a manual payment but it will not allow me to disable the ARS. I sent an email to Customer Service and despite the fact that it was early US east coast time I had a response within 10 minutes and I was then able to manually purchase and update my system. Lori's quick response was awesome which I really appreciated. Thanks Lori and Total Defense

Kim
Meadow Springs

Western Australia

Total Defense response

Thank you, we are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Larry ** support specialist provided clear and professional response for a problem I reported. The Snooze function does not stop scheduled scans, nor does it prevent scans of USB drives which are plugged in. There is no notification in the dashboard or the system tray to say a scheduled scan is in progress. Compare the popup which displays when a USB scan starts, a Cancel button is offered. See attached picture. When the system is under heavy load because scan is in progress, it can take over a minute for the dashboard to open. I have set the scheduled scan performance to Low but the disk I/O is significant still. It would be really handy to see a new right click option on the system tray icon menu, (or a new icon) when a scheduled/usb scan starts. The menu option can read "** scan in progress" with an option to pause or cancel the scan.

Total Defense response

We are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have used Total Defense for years. This time the "renew" was for 10 devices at $99, which I did not need for my one laptop. I ordered the Total Defense product for $29.99 and thought I was all set (but I hadn't completed the install). I ignored the repeated notices to renew. Last night, with my subscription ending today, I was given two choices; renew or let Windows take over. I didn't want to do either, but didn't know how to proceed. I called TD and got Carlos **. He identified the problem, gave me instructions, and emailed instructions also.

When I got stuck on the procedure (I'm really not very good at this) I called back and got Carlos again. He gave me directions and I was able to complete the install of the new program and the uninstall of the old. Carlos was both friendly and professional throughout. I appreciated his patience and complete lack of technical snobbery. I've had frustrating experiences with customer service people that I could not understand. Carlos was the best I've ever encountered. Thank you, Total Defense, for great products and great people to help in time of need.

Total Defense response

We appreciated the opportunity to provide you with assistance, and achieve a quick resolution for you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a TD client for 5 years with my PC, never a problem. I called TD for help installing TD on my husband's new laptop. I received instructions and a link from Laurie, installed it easily. (I am not very skilled at all on computers). Over the weekend my PC became excruciatingly slow, appeared to have a virus. My TD showed a red warning stating my virus scanner was not working, I was not protected. I called and spoke with Laurie again. After explaining what was happening, she said she needed to talk to her supervisor. She was trying to contact her while I was on the phone. I requested the info be emailed as I had an appt to go to.

When I returned, the instructions and links to uninstall, use the cleaner, and reinstall were waiting for me. Instructions were concise and clear. My computer was barely cooperating but I got it done. Laurie was quick to check with her supervisor instead of telling me to try this or try that like IT people at other companies. She was clear and easy to understand when she spoke (unlike IT at other companies). The surprised look on my husband's face when I said I fixed it, made my day. Excellent service.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: May 5, 2020

2 components of Essential Anti-Virus suddenly stopped working. Every time I tried to do either a custom scan or an exclusion the program looked like it was going to work, it cleared the page, a blue circle started spinning and then it just shut down. I never got to the stage of telling the program which file(s) I want to scan or which folder I want to exclude. I did not get any error messages!

Emails to TD support were answered immediately by Ms ** with suggestions to solve the problem (complete with TD URL's to obtain necessary files). When they didn't work she arranged for a technician, Dan, to talk to me directly by phone. He thought that it was a MS problem with an incomplete or faulty update and arranged for TD to a remote connection the next day so they could confirm. Coincidentally MS did an unscheduled update that evening and afterwards the problem disappeared. Problem solved! Obviously MS at fault again. Most impressed by the top notch service, which is something I have come to expect from TD.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Prompt and accurate resolution with friendly technical support specialists, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Lori was very kind and helpful. She answered all of my questions and made sure that I understood them. The call took less than 5 minutes but I know she would have stayed longer if I needed it. Thank you for what you do for your customers.

Total Defense response

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and such positive feedback regarding your support experience with Total Defense.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Excellent customer service. The customer service specialist Carlos **, was extremely helpful. He was professional and polite. He resolved my issues within minutes. He updated me on the status of my rebate. Great communication. I would say my overall experience was A+. I would recommend a friend or family member to your services

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you are satisfied.

Original review: April 9, 2021

After downloading Total Defense I went to the activation screen which asked me for my product code. I didn't receive a product code. I called customer support and spoke to Lori **. She walked me through the the activation with relative ease and now I am all set for another year. Thanks Lori.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. On behalf of our entire US-based support team, thank you!

Original review: April 8, 2021

Lori M did a great job handling my problem-- Excellent Customer Service!! Problem solved in no time. Every time I call for help everyone is very helpful. I would recommend this product and your company to all my friends. Keep up the good customer service.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our friendly US-based tech support specialists are always ready to help.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Lori ** was great at addressing my concerns, and she assisted me with renewing my subscription and walked me through the process of updating my Total Defense on my main computer. She also, gave me a coupon always a plus, the best part she was QUICK and EFFICIENT, and SOOO POLITE. I would totally recommend both their product and customer service efficiency.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you!

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information