Call toll free
4.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1288 Total Defense Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I contacted by email and a follow up phone call and got connected to Dan **. I further explained my problem and things I did not understand like pressing fix now in one section would create an outcome in 3 others and how come it backed up all my files to the cloud. At this point Dan asked me a few questions and from that he was able to tell me about this new suite, upgraded 1week ago and all things relevant to keeping our computer safe and importantly how to access the cloud if need be. I went from a guy in panic to feeling soothed by his ability, the way he went about explaining things with his very calming approach. This guy is an absolute asset to you as he was to me in attending to our concerns. Thanks Dan and Total Defense 10 plus years with you. An Email a phone call and all fixed in 10 minutes and we are in Melbourne Australia. Thank you all Billie **.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Thanks William!

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Customer Care and Technical Support Associates are courteous and prompt, thorough, professional and ready to tackle any issue. I am appreciative of the substantive response to my questions. As a discerning adult, I am always careful online, and I feel secure knowing this company strives to provide the very best in computer protection. Overall, I believe this product is a great value.

Total Defense response

Thanks again Evelyn for your awesome review!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Good Day All! My name is Kenyatta and I recently completed a call concerning a refund for making an additional purchase by mistake. I made a mistake also with the young man's name and said his name is 'Tyler' and I have learned that his name is Taylor! I am sorry Taylor because I do not like my name to be mispronounced! I won't forget you because that is my child's name too! I connected with him at approximately 10:35 a.m today. I do not normally take time out to do surveys. However, when someone has done a well or exceptional job I try to tell them or the subordinate at the time. Surveys take time that I do not want to commit to; and I do not usually complete them. I want to take the time to say that Good and Solid Customer Service to the people these days is few, far, and in between; and even sometimes slim to none!

This is why I am able to say Taylor provided that Good and Solid Customer Service today and I appreciate it! I want The Total Defense Company to be aware of this matter. My call was brief but handled well. I appreciate Taylor for providing service to me today. Please be sure to acknowledge Taylor concerning this matter. Also, whenever your employees are representing the company in an appropriate manner. I told Taylor I know everyone in the world is going through something (challenging) in their personal life. Total Defense please remember when individuals can put themselves aside for the time being at their jobs to assist or help others: give the credit when it is due! Give the person their flowers while they can STILL smell them! God is good ALL the time; and ALL the time God is good!!! Thank you again for time concerning my expression. Thank you for all of your help today Taylor! Goodbye!!!

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback Kenyatta!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I called your customer support number yesterday to seek some clarification on my renewal. I've been a customer for several years but this was my first call/contact. I was so impressed with the gentleman who answered my call, Gary **, that I felt I must share my experience. He answered with the most welcoming, kind voice, I felt I could see his smile through the ethers, he listened carefully to my question, pulled up my account and answered my questions quickly, clearly. I was so pleased with his response, his kindness and hint of wit which I so appreciated.

His kindness, knowledge, manner of responding to me gave me confidence in your company that you truly care about your customers and their concerns. Gary ** exhibited, demonstrated excellence in customer relations in every respect. He truly is a role model for other employees, companies to emulate. His knowledge, kindness, personality and manner are second to none. I am a most happy "Total Defense" customer, have been for the past years, but my first contact with a question for Mr. **, has made me an even happier customer. Mr. ** should be commended for his excellent, second to none, customer service. Thank you Gary!

Total Defense response

Great to hear! Thanks Dale!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

After struggling with the installation of this service and speaking with several of the customer service representatives I walked away from the process for several days. This morning Sept. 26 I again started to try and install this wonderful looking service. I called the customer service line and to my great surprise I got a tremendously experienced representative. He was very friendly and very professional all at the same time. I explained my concern and he apologized for my difficulties with the installation. He was very precise with the instructions on how to go from start and get my system set up. Within less than 10 minutes we had the system up and protecting my desktop system, something that I had been struggling with for two days and nights.

This service rep was amazing, it felt like he was looking over my shoulder and could anticipate any mistakes I was about to make. I really appreciate the quickness in which he was able to direct me in the installation process; this gentleman deserves a great big " atta boy" and in my opinion is a shining star at your organization. Thank You all so very much.

Total Defense response

We always like to hear from our customers Robert!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

A problem arose with the Total Defense when scanning, and then Taylor found that there was an update needed from Windows 10, which was done. Now the TD is working fine. Taylor took control of the computer and worked through whole issue successfully. His help and attitude were great!!! Thank you!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

When I presented my problem to Taylor he responded very quickly with corrective measures-prompting me very respectfully. My problem was very quickly resolved. I cannot thank enough for his professionalism. Your management should be proud to have him under your employ.Thank you again Taylor-wish you well.

Total Defense response

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and such positive feedback regarding your support experience with Total Defense.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Had trouble converting my new subscription. It was a surprisingly simple fix that, in hindsight, I probably could have googled. But taylor was professional and kind and solved my problem quickly. I followed his instructions and my problem is solved. After 3 weeks of annoyance, I can use my computer with no interruptions. Thank you!!

Total Defense response

We're happy that you are satisfied with the support you received!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Had a concern about an email from your company and other messages lately received from task bar and Taylor ** ran a complete scan and cleaned programs up a bit and answered some questions. Seemed to be very thorough in what he did and knowledgeable as well. A pleasure doing business with this company.

Total Defense response

Thank you, we're happy that you are satisfied with the support you received!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I am absolutely no good with computers, but the support people were so helpful and had so much patience with me and got me all set up. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I even had the review submission fail for not having enough words, so you know it's not been a good day. But you guys made it a lot better...thanks again!

Total Defense response

Great to hear. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you Barbara!

Total Defense expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

• Best for: people with internet-connected devices and computers to protect from viruses and malware.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information