Call toll free
4.94/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Total Defense Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

Yes I would just like to say that upon my contacting Total Defense I was connected with GARY. I explained my situation to him. He was very patient & attentive listened to my description of my situation until I was finished. Then he replied as I returned the courtesy and listened to him. He explained to me what he had to do to resolve the situation, instructed me as to what I had to do so that he could take care of the problem so when I finished my part GARY took over, did his thing and sure enough the problem was solved. I was very satisfied with his time & patience with me and would be very glad to recommend his services to other customers that ask for references as to what kind of program should they choose for their computer. THANK YOU SO MUCH GARY. YOU SURE ARE APPRECIATED.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your great comments Edmund!

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I contacted by email and a follow up phone call and got connected to Dan **. I further explained my problem and things I did not understand like pressing fix now in one section would create an outcome in 3 others and how come it backed up all my files to the cloud. At this point Dan asked me a few questions and from that he was able to tell me about this new suite, upgraded 1week ago and all things relevant to keeping our computer safe and importantly how to access the cloud if need be. I went from a guy in panic to feeling soothed by his ability, the way he went about explaining things with his very calming approach. This guy is an absolute asset to you as he was to me in attending to our concerns. Thanks Dan and Total Defense 10 plus years with you. An Email a phone call and all fixed in 10 minutes and we are in Melbourne Australia. Thank you all Billie **.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Thanks William!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Customer Care and Technical Support Associates are courteous and prompt, thorough, professional and ready to tackle any issue. I am appreciative of the substantive response to my questions. As a discerning adult, I am always careful online, and I feel secure knowing this company strives to provide the very best in computer protection. Overall, I believe this product is a great value.

Total Defense response

Thanks again Evelyn for your awesome review!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Good Day All! My name is Kenyatta and I recently completed a call concerning a refund for making an additional purchase by mistake. I made a mistake also with the young man's name and said his name is 'Tyler' and I have learned that his name is Taylor! I am sorry Taylor because I do not like my name to be mispronounced! I won't forget you because that is my child's name too! I connected with him at approximately 10:35 a.m today. I do not normally take time out to do surveys. However, when someone has done a well or exceptional job I try to tell them or the subordinate at the time. Surveys take time that I do not want to commit to; and I do not usually complete them. I want to take the time to say that Good and Solid Customer Service to the people these days is few, far, and in between; and even sometimes slim to none!

This is why I am able to say Taylor provided that Good and Solid Customer Service today and I appreciate it! I want The Total Defense Company to be aware of this matter. My call was brief but handled well. I appreciate Taylor for providing service to me today. Please be sure to acknowledge Taylor concerning this matter. Also, whenever your employees are representing the company in an appropriate manner. I told Taylor I know everyone in the world is going through something (challenging) in their personal life. Total Defense please remember when individuals can put themselves aside for the time being at their jobs to assist or help others: give the credit when it is due! Give the person their flowers while they can STILL smell them! God is good ALL the time; and ALL the time God is good!!! Thank you again for time concerning my expression. Thank you for all of your help today Taylor! Goodbye!!!

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback Kenyatta!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

While trying to renew my subscription to Total Defense, I encountered some problems with the download. I had a small laptop which had not been used for a year or so and the anti virus software had expired. I ran into problems I could not solve, so I called customer service. I was put in touch with Carlos **, who was very helpful. My problem had several levels of difficulty, and he synced in to my computer and it was really cool to be able to watch as he clicked through and solved all of the problems in a short amount of time. He fixed a lot of issues which kept the download from happening, and in the end, everything worked perfectly. You have a good Tech working for you. He was patient with me (as I was a little anxious) and he worked through the problems systematically and with skill. He solved the problem, and that was the goal. Thanks, Carlos, you made my day.

Total Defense response

Thanks for your loyalty Kathy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The service tech was very professional, and resolved my problem immediately. I appreciated the expedient manner he exhibited when taking control of my computer and installing my new anti-virus subscription. This overall experience ensures that I will recommend TotalDefense to friends and family.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review, it’s was our pleasure to assist you. We appreciate the opportunity to help and love the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The gentlemen was very helpful, friendly and was done in a timely manner. He got the virus protection download on the computer for us and helped with everything we ask. I would definitely recommended Media com to friends and family.

Total Defense response

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and such positive feedback regarding your support experience with Total Defense.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Excellent service in the end. After calling and calling and speaking with Don on several occasions, I finally got answers about my rebate. Even though I sent in the wrong information in September. Then finally I was informed that they needed the bar code from the package. Thank you so much.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Taylor was super helpful and answered all of my question. He was able to fix the problem, with just one phone call and email. He’s really a supportive and professional. He understood what the problem was and was able to fix the problem on a timely manner. Thanks so much!

Total Defense response

Wonderful to hear, on behalf of our highly skilled technical support team, thank you very much!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Lori was the representative that helped me today. She was patient, knowledgeable and made the process easy. She responded quickly to my email and moved the request for rebate to the next step. Hopefully the rebate department will be satisfied with the document provided.

Total Defense response

Thank you for the 5-star review and the positive feedback about your experience with Total Defense.

Total Defense expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

• Best for: people with internet-connected devices and computers to protect from viruses and malware.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information