Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.93/5
Get Pricing

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

View More View More
Total Defense Call Now Toll Free (877) 906-8816 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Total Defense Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2020

Sad but true, I can't remember the last time I actually got SUPPORT from any place or website, like today. She was extremely helpful, on point, waited with me through switching out of things I didn't know, and the best part, is she has a personality! I didn't want to disconnect on her from being frustrated, granted it was over chat so I couldn't hear her voice, but I didn't get even the slightest impression that I was putting her out by having her help me. We joked and laugh, with everything going on in the world, especially right now.. It was good to laugh & smile while getting the help I needed. She was great!!! I have confidence in Total Defense, after chatting with her. I can only hope that if for whatever reason I might need help again, I get her again. She's the SUPPORT that every customer needs.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

2 components of Essential Anti-Virus suddenly stopped working. Every time I tried to do either a custom scan or an exclusion the program looked like it was going to work, it cleared the page, a blue circle started spinning and then it just shut down. I never got to the stage of telling the program which file(s) I want to scan or which folder I want to exclude. I did not get any error messages!

Emails to TD support were answered immediately by Ms ** with suggestions to solve the problem (complete with TD URL's to obtain necessary files). When they didn't work she arranged for a technician, Dan, to talk to me directly by phone. He thought that it was a MS problem with an incomplete or faulty update and arranged for TD to a remote connection the next day so they could confirm. Coincidentally MS did an unscheduled update that evening and afterwards the problem disappeared. Problem solved! Obviously MS at fault again. Most impressed by the top notch service, which is something I have come to expect from TD.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Prompt and accurate resolution with friendly technical support specialists, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Was unsure if a prompt to renew was malware or valid, so I called the Total Defense renewal line. Daniel immediately put my mind at ease and patiently walked me through the renewal process. He helped me discover that one of our devices had somehow had its Total Defense completely deleted, leaving me with only a basic free product (probably a house guest's doing). He also advised me how to remove annoying and persistent pop ups that had plagued us for a long time. I thought I could do the download by myself, but when I was was unsure of a step, I replied to Daniel's download info. He promptly sent me the solution. So nice to have a US based support person who was both kind and patient. Definitely happy with our many years as a Total Defense customer.

Sincerely, Susan & Richard **

Total Defense response
    Your patronage to Total Defense for the so many years is more than appreciated.

I hope you continue to enjoy your experience with the company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Called first time and spoke to Daniel ** who was very helpful in understanding my problem, activating the Total Defense. He then emailed me the instructions on what to do, but when I logged on it was telling me I already had an account set up so when I entered the information it wasn't taking my password. I called back again today and spoke to Taylor and again explained to him what was happening. He walked through the activation process with me, changed my password and I was able to proceed with the activation so as I could receive my rebate check. These gentlemen were super helpful in understanding my predicament and did not hesitate to assist me with this issue. Kudos to them.

Total Defense response

We are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Hi, I called to follow up on an email I received regarding my rebate. Lori was great, she quickly resolved my issue and I will be receiving my rebate soon. I have no complaints, she did her job well.

Thanks,

-Tamara **

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. On behalf of our entire US-based support team, thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Lori was outstanding. She immediately addressed my concern and solved my problem. Although there was some confusion on my part, Lori very politely and professionally took the time to make sure I was a satisfied customer. Thanks, Lori. Happy Customer!

Total Defense response

We're happy that you are satisfied with the support you received!

Original review: June 24, 2020

When I had a problem with activation of the software and reached out to the help desk, I received clear instructions from the help desk for resolving the problem with the activation of the software. The response time was very quick even though the issue occurred on a weekend. Thanks, Philip **.

Total Defense response

Awesome, on behalf of our highly skilled technical support team, thank you very much!

Original review: June 18, 2020

Lori was very friendly and extremely helpful in resolving my renewal issue. Total Defense has been running on my system for over a year with no issues. I have been able to keep the machine problem free and internet safe.

Total Defense response

We appreciate you renewing your subscription, it was our pleasure to assist you.

Original review: June 18, 2020

My annual reminder request specified an amount in Australian Dollars, however when the transaction was processed it appeared that it had been done so using American Dollars, which is more. I queried this with the billing company (Digital River) who directed me to Total Defense Support). The issue was acknowledged promptly by Lori **, who then initiated action to rectify the situation, and I have already received a refund notice. This was most heartening as it has saved me worrying furthermore about the issue. Thanks to all concerned, notably Lori.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I bought your antivirus as ours previous version of the antivirus was expiring. Lori was great with resolving the issue. The software was not letting me renew. She got engineering involved and after calling me back the issue was resolved.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you renewing your subscription with Total Defense and look forward to fulfilling all your internet security needs.

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information