4.9/5 (681 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Total Defense Software has the best support coverage I have had to deal with. And believe me I am 70 and have dealt with many customer service people. You could tell by the voice of the representative I was dealing with that her only concern at that moment was me and my issue. You can tell when someone doesn't want to help you in their voice. They were fast in dealing with my problem and resolved the issue immediately. You can reassure Total Defense software is as good as their support coverage. I have had total defense for years and have never had any hacks on my computers. I have four units in my house and they all have Total Defense. So protect your computers with Total Defense software and know your personal information and computers are protected. Know that is you have any problems.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire Total Defense team, thank you!

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Lori was excellent as per usual. I have always had prompt responses to my inquiries and issues from Lori over many years. This time I needed help with a problem with a "full scan" not being able to be performed after a free software update to v. 13 (Total Defense Essentials Anti-Virus) on 30/06/2021. I sent my email inquiry off late at night (Australian time), and received a reply about 30 minutes later. I was expecting a reply the next day, so I was very impressed with the timeliness. The prompt service enabled me to follow some instructions about producing a pc log to send to Lori for the Total Defense tech people for investigation.

I am not very technically minded but I was able to follow the clear instructions, including screenshots. The same night I was instructed to uninstall, via a cleaner tool, and re-install (download) the Anti virus program. Again, the instructions were clear and helpful. I was able to complete the procedures and successfully perform a full scan of my pc the next day. Update signatures were also up to date. Everything is running very well now. I really appreciate the prompt replies via the TD customer help area. In the past I have also made a couple of phone calls to the help line, despite the time differences. Thanks once again to everyone for their help, but especially Lori on this occasion. (I have dealt with Dan (Daniel) in the past. Cheers! Dianne

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

On Sunday 28th February 2021 we received an email advising that our annual subscription had failed to automatically renew. Approximately 2 weeks ago I updated the credit card information for my account – the new details were reflecting in my account information. When I conducted a Quick Order Lookup search using my email address and last 4 digits of my new credit card my renewal subscription could not be found. When I searched my email address and last 4 digits of my old credit card the results were displayed as order unsubmitted.

I had further attempted to resolve the issue by completing a manual payment but it will not allow me to disable the ARS. I sent an email to Customer Service and despite the fact that it was early US east coast time I had a response within 10 minutes and I was then able to manually purchase and update my system. Lori's quick response was awesome which I really appreciated. Thanks Lori and Total Defense

Kim
    Meadow Springs

Western Australia

Total Defense response

Thank you, we are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Larry ** support specialist provided clear and professional response for a problem I reported. The Snooze function does not stop scheduled scans, nor does it prevent scans of USB drives which are plugged in. There is no notification in the dashboard or the system tray to say a scheduled scan is in progress. Compare the popup which displays when a USB scan starts, a Cancel button is offered. See attached picture. When the system is under heavy load because scan is in progress, it can take over a minute for the dashboard to open. I have set the scheduled scan performance to Low but the disk I/O is significant still. It would be really handy to see a new right click option on the system tray icon menu, (or a new icon) when a scheduled/usb scan starts. The menu option can read "** scan in progress" with an option to pause or cancel the scan.

Total Defense response

We are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I received an email stating that my rebate would be declined, because I sent a copy of my product UPC instead of the original. That was a mistake on my part and was prepared to resubmit my rebate. However, after a quick call with Lori **, with Total Defense, she was able to pull up my account, verify that I am indeed using this product, and offered to override the decline. She kept me from having to mail all of the required documentation a second time, and wait longer for my rebate. I very much appreciated this as I dreaded having to redo it all and wait longer. She was very polite, friendly, professional, and helped me resolve my issue right away. I would recommend Total Defense to anyone looking for a security program for their electronics. And while I am a new user, I have been impressed thus far with the program and the level of security it brings.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I called to renew my service and update my payment information, and the CSR was super kind and helpful! Lori even provided me a discount to assist me with my renewal purchase, which was really kind of her, especially during Covid. I've been a member of the service for close to five years and will continue to utilize Total Defense. Better than any other pc protective services out there!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Was so grateful for your help. Was concerned I would lose the defense program. Thank you for your help this morning. Next year I will just call you. You were a big help with this and the problem was taken care so quickly. Thank You so much!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I mistakenly paid twice to renew my subscription to my defense plan. All it took was a simple email to customer support (I including print screen pictures to show my mistake) and the extra payment was refunded. No questions asked.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Carlos ** was fantastic, quick to resolve and email me the needed tools to take care of my issue. AND... it all worked! Thanks Carlos! Someone get this guy a AMAZON GIFT CARD and a case of beer he likes! Todd **

Total Defense response

Thanks for the awesome review, we appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Daniel was friendly, informative and knowledgeable. The process was easy with Daniel ** assistance. He made it delightful. Great customer service!! Now my laptops are protected! I am a returning customer and it good to hear you guys are still maintaining great customer service. Keep up the good work!

Total Defense response

Thanks for letting us know everything worked out great for you. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information