Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.91/5
Get Pricing

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Call Now Toll Free (877) 906-8816 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have used Total Defense for years. This time the "renew" was for 10 devices at $99, which I did not need for my one laptop. I ordered the Total Defense product for $29.99 and thought I was all set (but I hadn't completed the install). I ignored the repeated notices to renew. Last night, with my subscription ending today, I was given two choices; renew or let Windows take over. I didn't want to do either, but didn't know how to proceed. I called TD and got Carlos **. He identified the problem, gave me instructions, and emailed instructions also.

When I got stuck on the procedure (I'm really not very good at this) I called back and got Carlos again. He gave me directions and I was able to complete the install of the new program and the uninstall of the old. Carlos was both friendly and professional throughout. I appreciated his patience and complete lack of technical snobbery. I've had frustrating experiences with customer service people that I could not understand. Carlos was the best I've ever encountered. Thank you, Total Defense, for great products and great people to help in time of need.

Total Defense response

We appreciated the opportunity to provide you with assistance, and achieve a quick resolution for you.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I have been a TD client for 5 years with my PC, never a problem. I called TD for help installing TD on my husband's new laptop. I received instructions and a link from Laurie, installed it easily. (I am not very skilled at all on computers). Over the weekend my PC became excruciatingly slow, appeared to have a virus. My TD showed a red warning stating my virus scanner was not working, I was not protected. I called and spoke with Laurie again. After explaining what was happening, she said she needed to talk to her supervisor. She was trying to contact her while I was on the phone. I requested the info be emailed as I had an appt to go to.

When I returned, the instructions and links to uninstall, use the cleaner, and reinstall were waiting for me. Instructions were concise and clear. My computer was barely cooperating but I got it done. Laurie was quick to check with her supervisor instead of telling me to try this or try that like IT people at other companies. She was clear and easy to understand when she spoke (unlike IT at other companies). The surprised look on my husband's face when I said I fixed it, made my day. Excellent service.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: June 27, 2020

What a nice lady. The experience I had with Lori ** was great. She knew her business and was very courteous and understanding of my situation. I'm not too familiar with the computer and she put me at ease and make going through the procedure very easy. She did not make me feel uncomfortable with my limited knowledge of the computer.

She made a trying time for me very easy very smart lady a great deal of understanding and patience involving my problem. She took care of it really fast and I must say in all honesty she is an asset to your company. If there were more people like her doing business with the public would be so much easier to get things done. Thank you Lori. If I have another problem I will definitely ask for you. Once again thank you very much and stay safe.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review, it’s was our pleasure to assist you. We appreciate the opportunity to help and love the feedback.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Sad but true, I can't remember the last time I actually got SUPPORT from any place or website, like today. She was extremely helpful, on point, waited with me through switching out of things I didn't know, and the best part, is she has a personality! I didn't want to disconnect on her from being frustrated, granted it was over chat so I couldn't hear her voice, but I didn't get even the slightest impression that I was putting her out by having her help me. We joked and laugh, with everything going on in the world, especially right now.. It was good to laugh & smile while getting the help I needed. She was great!!! I have confidence in Total Defense, after chatting with her. I can only hope that if for whatever reason I might need help again, I get her again. She's the SUPPORT that every customer needs.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: May 5, 2020

2 components of Essential Anti-Virus suddenly stopped working. Every time I tried to do either a custom scan or an exclusion the program looked like it was going to work, it cleared the page, a blue circle started spinning and then it just shut down. I never got to the stage of telling the program which file(s) I want to scan or which folder I want to exclude. I did not get any error messages!

Emails to TD support were answered immediately by Ms ** with suggestions to solve the problem (complete with TD URL's to obtain necessary files). When they didn't work she arranged for a technician, Dan, to talk to me directly by phone. He thought that it was a MS problem with an incomplete or faulty update and arranged for TD to a remote connection the next day so they could confirm. Coincidentally MS did an unscheduled update that evening and afterwards the problem disappeared. Problem solved! Obviously MS at fault again. Most impressed by the top notch service, which is something I have come to expect from TD.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Prompt and accurate resolution with friendly technical support specialists, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I recently had the pleasure of an encounter with Daniel P. who should be the poster child for customer service. He not only solved my issue but had the patience of a saint as he logged into my computer remotely and walked me through the process. He is an asset to your company and I sincerely hope he is appreciated. Thanks for having Daniel as a part of your organization.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear about your experience with Total Defense.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

It was so easy to reach your representative, Carlos. He picked up the phone after 1 or 2 rings, was knowledgeable, professional, friendly, reassuring and answered all of my questions. His demeanor was calm and he listened attentively when I spoke. Thank you! I would recommend Total Defense to anyone!

Total Defense response

Thanks, happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled technical support team.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Lori ** was professional, knowledgeable and attentive to assist in registering another device in PC Tune Up. Thank you Lori! Her support fully met my expectations. Her sense of customer service was outstanding and she guided me through the required steps to register a second device.

Total Defense response

On behalf of the security support team, thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review regarding your experience with Total Defense.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I was instructed to update my Total Defense Software. The website wouldn’t recognize my activation code. So Your Rep. Laura assisted me. She put me on the right track and got me up and running in no time. I appreciate that she knew just what to do. Very professional.

Total Defense response

On behalf of our completely US-based support team, thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I had submitted all the documentation but I made the mistake of submitting a copy of the UPC instead of the original I stated. I can send the original but Carlos was able to help me. He worked with the rebate department and I don’t have to send the original so that was very helpful. Thanks again.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you are satisfied.

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information