4.97/5
  • 1 star
Based on 171 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

171 Total Defense Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I purchased my Total Defense at Conn's. I called for technical support and got Gary at the other end. Gary had the patience and very knowledgeable on this product. He helped with the installation on this product unto my computer. Great job. I would recommend this product to my friends and family. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I would to thank Carlos for all his help with installing the Total Defense software on my computer. He took total control of my computer and installed it within 10 mins. I'm going to recommend this software to all my friends and family members. I purchase this software from Conn's. Thanks again to Carlos job well done.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I originally purchased Total Defense Premium protection from Aaron's in October. I tried to install it on a second PC and received an error. Your tech Gary helped install my software. He was very nice and had it installed quickly. Thank you so much for having great support!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The customer service by Nicholas provided me was very professional and resolved all my issues. I am happy to have purchased this product from Conn's retail. I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend to a friend. Thanks for the service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought my PC from BrandsMart and I was offered a protection for my computer and I was having difficulties installing my software and I call Total Defense and Mr. ** helped me with installation of my software to keep my computer protected. I'm very satisfied with the service and I will recommend this service to my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have not been able to download Total Defense on my laptop since I started receiving Mediacom Wi-Fi internet in June. Daniel called me immediately upon receiving my email information and was able to walk me through getting him connected to my laptop and was able to download your security protection onto my laptop! Daniel even fixed a problem I was having with Internet Explorer! I feel so much safer now and I am so thankful for his help!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The representative helped me with my issue. He was professional. He only took less than 20 min to install the antivirus. Thank you and I would recommend this to a friend. I look forward in renewing my account every year. My laptop runs great. Thanks to the Total Defense.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought Total Defense at PC Richard and Sons. Carlos was very helpful, help me with the installation of my total defense security on my computer. I would recommend this service to my friends a 100%. The best part of it is that they have people that speaks Spanish and are willing to help no matter what.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Gary the tech that help me was a voice of excellence. He was very knowledgeable of Total Defense and he explain what he was going to do. I was able to follow him as he download the program. He also help me complete my rebate information. A five star is given to this tech.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I bought my Total Defense from the internet and was having problem with installing on one of my computers and Carlos was a very nice person and knew everything need to do with the installation of my Total Defense. I'm very happy with his work. I would recommend Total Defense to my friend and family.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I received my computer and Unlimited virus software from Conns. I called Total Defense for assistance with the install. I spoke to Gary, who connected to my computer and installed my virus software for me. He was very nice and had it installed in no time. Excellent support!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I recently upgraded from Windows Vista to a new computer with Windows 10. Daniel ** set up my Total Defense program for me and was very helpful. I have not tried it yet but hope it will work great. In the past, I was happy with Total Defense on Windows Vista.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I purchased the Total Defense Unlimited product from Conn's. I had a great experience with installing the product with Lori **. I would recommend your product to anyone and hopefully they will get Lori on the phone. She was a joy and pleasant to talk to during activation.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Total Defense has great customer service. I purchased my unlimited software from Conns. You support person Gary assisted me with installing it. He was very helpful and polite, and told me I can ask for him if I need to call for support in the future.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My PC was purchased from P.C. Richards. My experience with the Total Defense Technical Support Service was fantastic. I give the Company a 5 Star. I was very pleased with your Service Technician Gary **. He was very professional in every aspect, courteous, pleasant, very patient and helpful, all my questions were answered. I give him a 5 STAR PLUS. I would Highly recommend Total Defense to a family member or friend.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Total Defense Install - It went really thanks to Gary. He was very helpful in helping me to set up the Total Defense for me and I will recommend my friends to you guys... If I have any question I would be gladly get in contact with guys. Thanks for the help again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased the item from P.C. Richard. I had a problem installing the Total Defense Security. I contacted Total Defense Security, Customer Service and I was connected with "Carlos". He was extremely helpful and polite. I would recommend your company to my friends.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Excellent service, the representative was very knowledgeable and know everything he was doing, resolving every issue until my Total Defense was install. I was very happy with service, I will totally recommend Total Defense to my friends. Thank you Carlos for your help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Hello, I bought Total Defense at Conns and I believe it a great product for the protection of my computer. I called Total Defense customer support and Carlos helped me with the installation of my Total Defense. I would highly recommend total defense to my friends and my family. Thank you so much for everything! Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought my Total Defense security at BrandsMart and I didn't know how to install it. I called customer support and they guided me step by step on how to install my defense. I highly recommend this service to my family and friends. I want to thank Carlos for his excellent customer service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Hello I am an Aaron's customer. Thank you so much for your wonderful support! Gary was great. He was able to install my premium software on my pc so that I am fully protected. I had McAfee before and was never happy with the product or support. So far very impressed with Total Defense.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The customer Service rep was very helpful, and knew right away what my problem was. He completed the work in a timely manner. We will continue to have Total Defense as our Security system for a long time. Thank you very much.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Gary ** continued work on re-installing Anti-Virus on my 2 Win10 Pro Computers -- having successfully re-installed latest version yesterday to the first of my machines. He was successful in getting the second machine cleaned and the software installed today. In addition, he answered several questions I had about settings and software screens. Again let me express my appreciation of his work and his patience with my questions and overstuffed computers. Best wishes for the holidays. And thank you for your efforts.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I contacted support because I discovered that my antivirus program had not done a scan since 2nd quarter 2016 or earlier. I went to the TD website and verified that my subscription was current thru Mar 2018; so I realized that I had failed to understand (or read) info that would tell me to install a new software version. I did not recall the need to install a new version, but could not be certain that I missed the notice.

I was assisted in this matter by Gary at around 5 pm CST and feel fortunate to have worked with him. He is obviously knowledgeable, and was very pleasant to work with -- as he assured himself that he understood my circumstances and worked to fix them. He used a remote session to work the issue, to clean the outdated version, and to install the newer version of anti-virus. We finished that process by the time we ended the session. Since I have TD installed on 2 WIN10 Pro computers, Gary offered to call me the following day so as to update the second system. The time he spent and his courteous and knowledgeable support made it pleasurable to deal with your support group--as well as very productive. I appreciate his professionalism.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Mr. ** was very helpful, the gentleman installed for me Total Defense computer security, I didn't know how to do it. Please give the gentleman a pay raise for his patience, cooperation, assistance and excellent customer service. Thank you Carlos.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Very happy with result. No pressure. Also help helpful, knowledgeable, encouraging. Very happy with result. Can't say enough about help. Used TeamViewer to make it easier for me to understand process. Also gave me code for my cellphone. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Impressed with your security program. Will be able at a later time to provide a more in-depth resolve to your programs. Your agent that installed the program on my computer was very knowledgeable, friendly and thorough. I really appreciate knowing all tech help is located in the USA. That alone is comforting to me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I got excellence service and extreme respect and dedication from Mr **. I greatly appreciate the time spent and the explanation giving, and made me feel comfortable. He is an excellent and valuable member of your community. I will highly recommend your organization to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Gary was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. He fixed my issues quickly by taking remote control of my computers. I appreciate his help. I had renewed my account by phone and waited ten days before installing. He knew exactly what to do.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I am a new Total Defense customer. I purchased my software from Conns. I am very impressed with the support I received. I was trying to install my software and having no luck. I called in and Gary was able to remove McAfee and install my Unlimited software for me. What great service!

Total Defense Company Information