Get a Free Quote Learn More
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5
Learn More

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

View More View More
Total Defense Call Now Toll Free (877) 906-8816 Get a Free Quote Learn More

Total Defense Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Called first time and spoke to Daniel ** who was very helpful in understanding my problem, activating the Total Defense. He then emailed me the instructions on what to do, but when I logged on it was telling me I already had an account set up so when I entered the information it wasn't taking my password. I called back again today and spoke to Taylor and again explained to him what was happening. He walked through the activation process with me, changed my password and I was able to proceed with the activation so as I could receive my rebate check. These gentlemen were super helpful in understanding my predicament and did not hesitate to assist me with this issue. Kudos to them.

Total Defense response

We are grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience with Total Defense. On behalf of the entire security support team, thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I got a new laptop June 1st or so and tech at Staples loaded a new Total Defense account for me in the new computer... using a new Hotmail e-mail address the tech got for me. My old account comes up for renewal soon, so I called to explain that that computer and account is no more, and the tech was so efficient that he asked if new account was under a different e-mail address I knew Staples tech had to give me a Hotmail account (Microsoft owns Hotmail) in order to get my new computer up and running. So, I gave Daniel that e-mail address, and he found it, and he will give my new account my Comcast e-mail address, like I want, rather than the Hotmail address, which I am having some problems with. (I know this is more info than you need. Sorry.) Anyway, Daniel was great and really knew what he was doing.

Total Defense response

Your feedback is very much appreciated, Mary!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Yes I would just like to say that upon my contacting Total Defense I was connected with GARY. I explained my situation to him. He was very patient & attentive listened to my description of my situation until I was finished. Then he replied as I returned the courtesy and listened to him. He explained to me what he had to do to resolve the situation, instructed me as to what I had to do so that he could take care of the problem so when I finished my part GARY took over, did his thing and sure enough the problem was solved. I was very satisfied with his time & patience with me and would be very glad to recommend his services to other customers that ask for references as to what kind of program should they choose for their computer. THANK YOU SO MUCH GARY. YOU SURE ARE APPRECIATED.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your great comments Edmund!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I contacted by email and a follow up phone call and got connected to Dan **. I further explained my problem and things I did not understand like pressing fix now in one section would create an outcome in 3 others and how come it backed up all my files to the cloud. At this point Dan asked me a few questions and from that he was able to tell me about this new suite, upgraded 1week ago and all things relevant to keeping our computer safe and importantly how to access the cloud if need be. I went from a guy in panic to feeling soothed by his ability, the way he went about explaining things with his very calming approach. This guy is an absolute asset to you as he was to me in attending to our concerns. Thanks Dan and Total Defense 10 plus years with you. An Email a phone call and all fixed in 10 minutes and we are in Melbourne Australia. Thank you all Billie **.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Thanks William!

Original review: April 11, 2019

My computer crashed in late March. Many programs that I had installed were lost including my Total Defense. I reinstalled most of the programs but I wasn't sure how to reinstall my Total Defense. I called their tech dept. The young man was so patient with me as he walked me through the process. I was so thrilled when I saw that Total Defense icon on my desktop screen! I'd also asked him about installing it in my laptop. He said, "Just do the same thing you did with your desktop computer. But if you have problems, just call us." There again, he was so polite. I love The Total Defense Internet Security program. I feel it's the best one around! Thanks.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. Thanks Joann!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: April 4, 2020

I accidentally mailed in a copy of my UPC and had to mail the original one in order for it to be approved. I did so but Lori went above and beyond to waive that detail and just give me my rebate which I highly appreciate. Especially in the times we're in it's most helpful to have kind people looking out for others. Thank you lori.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Lori went out of her way to help me get my Total Defense up and running on my new computer. She was very patient with me and walked me through it step by step. She is very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable of your product. She made sure by the end of the phone call that we were up and running. She is definitely an asset to your company.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Lori ** was great, sweet & knowledgeable. She helped me claim my rebate simply pulling up my info & addressing me to submit documents to her directly by email. She made the process smooth & simple, as I was concerned I'd be unable to print and mail.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Registration & Rebate help. I was assisted today by a rep named Lori **! Lori was very courteous and professional! Lori helped me to avoid a major meltdown! We are all going through a tough time and she was very compassionate as well! My experience could not have been better!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Carl was absolutely fantastic. Resolved my issue and less than 5 minutes and gave me peace of mind. I now know my computer is safe. I will recommend Total Defense to anybody anytime so that they have the same peace of mind like I do.

Total Defense expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

• Best for: people with internet-connected devices and computers to protect from viruses and malware.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information