4.9/5 (478 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: March 2, 2022

Today I called because I had renewed my Total Defense online, but was still getting notices that I was unprotected. ** gave me clear directions on how to fix the issue, but she also went into my account. There, she saw that I had a subscription which had auto renewed, which I was unaware of. Along with the one I had renewed online, I was over covered. She looked at both. Asked me a few questions and quickly assessed my needs. She canceled the less appropriate one, assured me the other one was in effect, informed me I would receive a refund, and gave me simple instructions to follow so I could see it was activated (which worked by the way.) It was a delightful experience. Fast, efficient and friendly. She did a top notch job and this experience makes me want to stay with your company. Thank you **!

Total Defense response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your Total Defense subscription renewal and look forward to serving you in the future.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I contacted Total defense after several months of not receiving my $75 rebate. Honestly at first when I called In. I felt the rep was giving me a hard time. Giving me the run around because I was giving him the name I strongly believed it was under and wasn't finding it. I kept giving him additional info but wasn't able to find it... so I was getting very frustrated because I was giving him Almost everything He was requesting but wasn't able to find it. After about an hour of trying to deal with him, he had his manager called me LORI and she went above and beyond... and she was able to locate my info as it was MY MISTAKE, it was under my nephew's brother's name which I Didn't know that. And I felt bad, but she went above and beyond. Thanks very much LORI for helping out and going the extra mile!!!!

Total Defense response

Thanks, your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Total Defense Software has the best support coverage I have had to deal with. And believe me I am 70 and have dealt with many customer service people. You could tell by the voice of the representative I was dealing with that her only concern at that moment was me and my issue. You can tell when someone doesn't want to help you in their voice. They were fast in dealing with my problem and resolved the issue immediately. You can reassure Total Defense software is as good as their support coverage. I have had total defense for years and have never had any hacks on my computers. I have four units in my house and they all have Total Defense. So protect your computers with Total Defense software and know your personal information and computers are protected. Know that is you have any problems.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire Total Defense team, thank you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I am new to Total Defense and was using a trial version. Today, after receiving a email notice the trial was ending soon, I went on to the website and purchased the Ultimate. After looking at the website further, I wanted to change my subscription to a better plan. After looking around "my account" I couldn't find any way to perform this function, so I sent an email to support. A few minutes later I had a response from Laurie **. She advised me she would reimburse the first order so I could purchase the new order. Again, a few minutes later I had confirmation she took care of things. I was completely impressed how efficient and quickly this all happened. I am hoping moving forward that my experience is always as good as it was today.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review, glad you've experienced excellent customer service from our highly skilled US-based support team.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Lori was excellent as per usual. I have always had prompt responses to my inquiries and issues from Lori over many years. This time I needed help with a problem with a "full scan" not being able to be performed after a free software update to v. 13 (Total Defense Essentials Anti-Virus) on 30/06/2021. I sent my email inquiry off late at night (Australian time), and received a reply about 30 minutes later. I was expecting a reply the next day, so I was very impressed with the timeliness. The prompt service enabled me to follow some instructions about producing a pc log to send to Lori for the Total Defense tech people for investigation.

I am not very technically minded but I was able to follow the clear instructions, including screenshots. The same night I was instructed to uninstall, via a cleaner tool, and re-install (download) the Anti virus program. Again, the instructions were clear and helpful. I was able to complete the procedures and successfully perform a full scan of my pc the next day. Update signatures were also up to date. Everything is running very well now. I really appreciate the prompt replies via the TD customer help area. In the past I have also made a couple of phone calls to the help line, despite the time differences. Thanks once again to everyone for their help, but especially Lori on this occasion. (I have dealt with Dan (Daniel) in the past. Cheers! Dianne

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: May 6, 2022

For some reason, my bank marked the transaction as fraud. After replying to the bank that the charge was good, I called Total Defense support to be sure that the payment would be processed. The agent put the transaction through and verified that my subscription was good for another year. The process was fast and efficient.

Total Defense response

Thank you for the review. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Lori ** was great! After hearing my problem with my account, she was able to resolve it quickly and painlessly. Lori was pleasant and easy to understand. Here's hoping that everyone in your customer relations department is as good as Lori was in my case.

Total Defense response

Thank you for your review, it’s was our pleasure to assist you. We appreciate the opportunity to help and love the feedback.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I spoke with Lori ** on May 2 and she was very courteous and helpful. We corresponded via email over the next two days. She was always clear in her directions and very patient with my questions. In my opinion she is an asset to your company.

Total Defense response

Glad we were able to assist. On behalf of our entire US-based support team, thank you!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I was having conflicts within the Ultimate and the Tune-Up tools within the software. Carlos ** provided the links for removing and reloading Ultimate. Everything is now working great. Carlos was professional and extremely helpful, his fix worked. Thanks!!!!

Total Defense response

Original review: May 2, 2022

When renewing my subscription, my android didn't sync. A quick call and a press of a button, I'm up and running. Customer service is always top notch whenever I have a question or problem. I highly recommend Total Defense for anyone in need of computer protection.

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Advisor

Shelley Elmblad is a writer with years of experience covering small business, mobile apps, personal finance and tax software. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information