4.9/5 (351 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Total Defense

Total Defense has been a global leader in Internet security and anti-malware software since 1992. Total Defense products protect you, your family, and your PCs, Macs, Android tablets and smartphones against viruses, ransomware, and identity theft. Total Defense's friendly US-based technical support and customer care teams are committed to protecting consumers from the dangers of online threats everyday.

Total Defense Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Defense?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

When I went to renew my subscription with Total Defense for the first time since I purchased it, upon checkout, an ICON appeared saying I had "Coupon Codes". I clicked on the first one that said: "WELCOME 25" The 2nd one simply said: "WELCOME". When I did that and clicked on "Checkout", it didn't take off anything on my order.

I called the "877" number that appeared on the website and spoke to Customer Service Representative, Lori **. She said she wasn't aware your company had never used coupon codes. However, to her credit, she refunded me $20 towards this renewal because I am a new customer. It was much appreciated as I am going through a rough time right now. Thank you for employing people like her, she is a credit to your company!

Total Defense response

Thank you for the review. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Today I called because I had renewed my Total Defense online, but was still getting notices that I was unprotected. ** gave me clear directions on how to fix the issue, but she also went into my account. There, she saw that I had a subscription which had auto renewed, which I was unaware of. Along with the one I had renewed online, I was over covered. She looked at both. Asked me a few questions and quickly assessed my needs. She canceled the less appropriate one, assured me the other one was in effect, informed me I would receive a refund, and gave me simple instructions to follow so I could see it was activated (which worked by the way.) It was a delightful experience. Fast, efficient and friendly. She did a top notch job and this experience makes me want to stay with your company. Thank you **!

Total Defense response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your Total Defense subscription renewal and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I contacted Total defense after several months of not receiving my $75 rebate. Honestly at first when I called In. I felt the rep was giving me a hard time. Giving me the run around because I was giving him the name I strongly believed it was under and wasn't finding it. I kept giving him additional info but wasn't able to find it... so I was getting very frustrated because I was giving him Almost everything He was requesting but wasn't able to find it. After about an hour of trying to deal with him, he had his manager called me LORI and she went above and beyond... and she was able to locate my info as it was MY MISTAKE, it was under my nephew's brother's name which I Didn't know that. And I felt bad, but she went above and beyond. Thanks very much LORI for helping out and going the extra mile!!!!

Total Defense response

Thanks, your feedback regarding your recent experiences with Total Defense is appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Total Defense Software has the best support coverage I have had to deal with. And believe me I am 70 and have dealt with many customer service people. You could tell by the voice of the representative I was dealing with that her only concern at that moment was me and my issue. You can tell when someone doesn't want to help you in their voice. They were fast in dealing with my problem and resolved the issue immediately. You can reassure Total Defense software is as good as their support coverage. I have had total defense for years and have never had any hacks on my computers. I have four units in my house and they all have Total Defense. So protect your computers with Total Defense software and know your personal information and computers are protected. Know that is you have any problems.

Total Defense response

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our support and internet security software. On behalf of the entire Total Defense team, thank you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I am new to Total Defense and was using a trial version. Today, after receiving a email notice the trial was ending soon, I went on to the website and purchased the Ultimate. After looking at the website further, I wanted to change my subscription to a better plan. After looking around "my account" I couldn't find any way to perform this function, so I sent an email to support. A few minutes later I had a response from Laurie **. She advised me she would reimburse the first order so I could purchase the new order. Again, a few minutes later I had confirmation she took care of things. I was completely impressed how efficient and quickly this all happened. I am hoping moving forward that my experience is always as good as it was today.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review, glad you've experienced excellent customer service from our highly skilled US-based support team.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Quickly and accurately solved my issue. Was called by a very competent and nice guy. He could guide me through the process even though I'm almost a technical idiot. Thanks very much Total Defense! Very happy that I downloaded the mobile security app to my phone.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the wonderful rating. Glad one of our expert technicians could help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I was having an issue with the compatibility of the older PC Tune Up vs. the newest Security Software update when I renewed my prescription. I had called earlier with the problem and even though the Rep was very nice, I didn't know we were missing a couple of steps. Carlos sent me the instructions and links before we were even done with the call. Friendly, Knowledgeable and had me on my way in no time. Great working with your team.

Total Defense response

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Excellent customer service. Very helpful, polite and professional. I was upset that I did not receive my rebate so I came across my paperwork and reminded me.

Very grateful for all your help, you were so understanding.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear you've experienced excellent service from our highly skilled customer service team.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Very prompt and excellent help thank you very much. The program is very excellent and have not any problems with my computer. Is very easy to use. Thank you very much. I will recommend this program to all my friends and they will have less problems than I if they expect ahead before.

Total Defense response

Thanks for the review! We are pleased you are happy with our internet security software and the support you received.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I submitted a support ticket, Lori replied within a short time with a suggested fix and the problem was easily resolved. Quick, efficient and professional support. I have used Total Defense and its CA predecessors for more than 10 years and I'm very happy with the security it provides and would recommend it highly.

Total Defense author review by Shelley Elmblad

Total Defense software protects your internet-connected devices from malware and viruses. It is a subscription service that you can renew annually for optimal protection, and the company guarantees results.

• Services: In addition to malware and virus protection, Total Defense also offers PC tuneups and online backup services.

• Protect all your devices: Total Defense can protect all of your internet-connected devices, like laptops, desktops, tablets and more. For $60 you can cover five devices for a year; if you need more coverage, you can always add it on.

• Free tech support: You can call the tech support or customer care line weekdays during business hours for help with downloading, installation, updates and more.

• Automatic renewal service: Total Defense automatically renews your service at the end of a year so you don’t have to go a day without protection. Of course, you can also cancel your service at any time.

• Virus-free guarantee: If a virus happens to slip through Total Defense’s protections, the company will remove it for free. If they can’t, you’ll get your money back. They also have a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with the service up to 60 days after your purchase.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Advisor

Shelley Elmblad is a writer with years of experience covering small business, mobile apps, personal finance and tax software. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Total Defense Company Information