Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.47/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton Security offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection services
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

This is the only antivirus I've used for the last twenty years and it's always kept in good stead. Thumbs up. I would recommend this without reservation.

I have used other software in the past and always ended up regretting that decision. Overall Norton has been the best for me. Their customer support is very helpful and 24 hours.

Norton Security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton Security plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton Security are the Standard, Deluxe and Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$7.99
Deluxe50GB5$9.99
Select100GB5$14.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $8 - $35 per month, or $40 - $260 per year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $90 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton Security?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton Security is an excellent option. Their partnership with LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change. If you do not use the benefits from it, and update and continue with scans etc. at least once a week, then you are in trouble as with any protection. This will scan as a quick scan, but you need to do a full scan and check everything once a week yourself. That is what I do on Saturday's as I am usually doing things around the house and you can come back on check on it and go on the the next item that needs to be addressed. Word of advice for everyone, if you have been on the internet a lot in one day do it then, as you won't be sorry.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I had Norton years ago and left them for a less expensive company, came back to them years later because a computer tech working on our computer said what we had was not good and recommended Norton. Shortly after that I got a new computer that crashed on the first day. Norton stayed on the line with me for over an hour because I at first thought it was because of Norton. I added new devices and needed a more expensive version they gave it to me for the same price for almost a year. I would highly recommend Norton.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Norton offers the most comprehensive antivirus and malware software available, and as it’s also acquired LifeLock, it's now known as NortonLifeLock. The cost of Norton for just antivirus and malware protection was an excellent choice, more so for the price, but the extra value of identity theft insurance with no additional cost makes it all more impressive. NortonLifeLock was the first to inform me of the vast, and very fast spike in cybercrime conducted using the COVID-19 outbreak to breach information from both government agencies, corporations, and individuals. NortonLifeLock offers a bundled package for very little money on each annual renewal. I highly recommend NortonLifeLock!

Original review: March 21, 2020

It's really simple to use, clicks on everything at one time but allows you to check off what NOT to delete and cleans up hd drive super quick. I like it better than McAfee where you pay for the name to be advertised more than you get quality. McAfee is like McGruff the crime dog from the 80's and it's time to retire the brand just like they take a bite out of crime celebrity cartoon... Norton is the future!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great. I am coming to the end of my contract and am afraid they no longer have this deal. I am not sure what I will do then. I am hopeful they will work with me and I can stay with Norton.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Immediately after installing I noticed slower processing times on all applications, from web browser to Outlook to opening control panel - all indicated “....not responding” notices for several minutes before eventually opened. Seems to be very bad compatibility with Microsoft 365. Things are bad with iPhone app as well - as soon as it was installed I had difficulty opening websites because it said internet connection couldn’t be found. This happens when I’m several yards to just a few inches from my WiFi. Everything worked fine for years until I installed Norton 360 and then the issues started. Seems like a half-baked system and very poor and slow customer service. Since installing Norton 360 I’ve spent much more time on hold or with tech help folks. It’s a joke of a product from what used to be a reputable antivirus software company.

Original review: June 12, 2020

We used Norton Security Suite for years without any problems. In the past few months they decided to update their service by becoming Norton Lifelock 360. They sent emails saying they were going to start backing up our devices to their automatic cloud backup service etc. without even asking for our permission to do so. We do not want our devices backed up to the cloud. I tried emailing them about this and never got a reply. We cancelled the service and removed it from our devices, but we're still getting their annoying emails. When I logged on to the old account a few minutes ago, the site wouldn't let me access my account to stop getting the emails. Instead it insisted that I click on an Agree button to allow it to start monitoring me. I did not agree and exited my browser. This company has become extremely invasive and does not respect the privacy or wishes of their customers. We will never use them again.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Kept getting reminders that my Norton was about to expire. Went on EBay to get an economical replacement and found the same supplier I had used a year earlier. Bought a digital key renewal at less than a quarter of the price that Norton were prompting me for. Installing the key to renew was difficult but not impossible. After renewal, it told me that I had 366 days left to next renewal, despite the fact that I had installed it 28 days before the old subscription expired, they stole 27 days from me. Tried to complain, twice, with no response, telephone complaints are impossible, as other reviewers have noted. Good product, hopeless organisation!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I was automatically renewed for VPN without advance notice - not at the $49.99 advertised rate, but they billed me $86. Try to cancel and get the promised refund? Good luck. No email add given. Called - 2 hours on hold and hung up. Went to chat. Estimated time - 2 hours 26 minutes. 3 hours 13 minutes waiting and then estimated time added 22 more minutes. It is 12:11 am and I need to go to bed. What a bunch of crap. I will also cancel my other Norton services over this.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have been using Norton for about 10 months now and immediately experienced the difference between it and my former free version of another brand. Also, LifeLock came with the package. At the same time I added Web Ad Blocker. Now I can work, surf, shop and communicate with no fear of viruses and Ad free interruption.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information