Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change. If you do not use the benefits from it, and update and continue with scans etc. at least once a week, then you are in trouble as with any protection. This will scan as a quick scan, but you need to do a full scan and check everything once a week yourself. That is what I do on Saturday's as I am usually doing things around the house and you can come back on check on it and go on the the next item that needs to be addressed. Word of advice for everyone, if you have been on the internet a lot in one day do it then, as you won't be sorry.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I had Norton years ago and left them for a less expensive company, came back to them years later because a computer tech working on our computer said what we had was not good and recommended Norton. Shortly after that I got a new computer that crashed on the first day. Norton stayed on the line with me for over an hour because I at first thought it was because of Norton. I added new devices and needed a more expensive version they gave it to me for the same price for almost a year. I would highly recommend Norton.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Norton offers the most comprehensive antivirus and malware software available, and as it’s also acquired LifeLock, it's now known as NortonLifeLock. The cost of Norton for just antivirus and malware protection was an excellent choice, more so for the price, but the extra value of identity theft insurance with no additional cost makes it all more impressive. NortonLifeLock was the first to inform me of the vast, and very fast spike in cybercrime conducted using the COVID-19 outbreak to breach information from both government agencies, corporations, and individuals. NortonLifeLock offers a bundled package for very little money on each annual renewal. I highly recommend NortonLifeLock!

Original review: March 21, 2020

It's really simple to use, clicks on everything at one time but allows you to check off what NOT to delete and cleans up hd drive super quick. I like it better than McAfee where you pay for the name to be advertised more than you get quality. McAfee is like McGruff the crime dog from the 80's and it's time to retire the brand just like they take a bite out of crime celebrity cartoon... Norton is the future!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great. I am coming to the end of my contract and am afraid they no longer have this deal. I am not sure what I will do then. I am hopeful they will work with me and I can stay with Norton.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I bought Norton Anti-Virus in a local store with a code to use online to get anti-virus protection. I think the product itself is good, it's the policy that feels me like I am a "captured market", do not the right to decided for what I want. I remember when I activated the anti-virus, I asked to enter my credit card information and because I can not proceed without entering it, I entered it just the same, and click boxes that would enable me to finish the installation - just to be done with it.

After almost a year, I saw a charge in my account of $94.00+. I don't intend to renew it with them at this cost! Why would I pay this much if I can buy it in a local store for less than half the price? I was told that they provide support as well. Well, I don't need anything other than simple protection. Why can't I have a CHOICE? Am I not supposed to decide how to spend my money? After a long talk, they are willing to refund my $94.00+ but I have to pay $40.00 for the cancellation. Not only that, they sent an e-mail with a link to pay right away, they don't even want to charge it to my card. This is not a customer-friendly policy at all. Are businesses not supposed to earn money from customers? I am getting any service here, yet they want me to pay.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Have been on hold now for more than 45 minutes, trying to get "free computer tune up". Have not been able to speak with a Norton employee in the US or Canada. When I signed up for Norton was told that their customer support employees would continue to be in USA or Canada. It is NOT possible to understand the persons that they hire in India or the Philippines. Know that Norton is trying to get me to hang up because the persons in Philippines and India are NOT allowed to forward calls to ANYONE in the US or Canada.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I am very happy with Norton. They keep me informed about any unusual activities on my computer. Their software never slows down my computer like AVG did before I removed them. Norton is excellent.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Needed help on my VPN. Called Norton and waited 6 hours and no one answered. Thought it was a problem on my part so called the next day. Waited 4 hours and still no one answered. Can't wait 'til my term ends so I can go to McAfee.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

For the past 6 or so months, I've gone round and round with Norton customer service trying to combine my Norton and Lifelock accounts. I've had Norton for maybe 15 years; so before the Lifelock merger. Other than to keep telling me they can't find my Lifelock, no one is resolving the matter.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information