Learn More
Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton Security offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection services
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews

This is the only antivirus I've used for the last twenty years and it's always kept in good stead. Thumbs up. I would recommend this without reservation.

I have used other software in the past and always ended up regretting that decision. Overall Norton has been the best for me. Their customer support is very helpful and 24 hours.

Norton Call Now Toll Free (855) 981-8768 Learn More

Norton Security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton Security plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton Security are the Standard, Deluxe and Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$7.99
Deluxe50GB5$9.99
Select100GB5$14.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $8 - $35 per month, or $40 - $260 per year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $90 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton Security?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton Security is an excellent option. Their partnership with LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change. If you do not use the benefits from it, and update and continue with scans etc. at least once a week, then you are in trouble as with any protection. This will scan as a quick scan, but you need to do a full scan and check everything once a week yourself. That is what I do on Saturday's as I am usually doing things around the house and you can come back on check on it and go on the the next item that needs to be addressed. Word of advice for everyone, if you have been on the internet a lot in one day do it then, as you won't be sorry.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I had Norton years ago and left them for a less expensive company, came back to them years later because a computer tech working on our computer said what we had was not good and recommended Norton. Shortly after that I got a new computer that crashed on the first day. Norton stayed on the line with me for over an hour because I at first thought it was because of Norton. I added new devices and needed a more expensive version they gave it to me for the same price for almost a year. I would highly recommend Norton.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Norton offers the most comprehensive antivirus and malware software available, and as it’s also acquired LifeLock, it's now known as NortonLifeLock. The cost of Norton for just antivirus and malware protection was an excellent choice, more so for the price, but the extra value of identity theft insurance with no additional cost makes it all more impressive. NortonLifeLock was the first to inform me of the vast, and very fast spike in cybercrime conducted using the COVID-19 outbreak to breach information from both government agencies, corporations, and individuals. NortonLifeLock offers a bundled package for very little money on each annual renewal. I highly recommend NortonLifeLock!

Original review: March 21, 2020

It's really simple to use, clicks on everything at one time but allows you to check off what NOT to delete and cleans up hd drive super quick. I like it better than McAfee where you pay for the name to be advertised more than you get quality. McAfee is like McGruff the crime dog from the 80's and it's time to retire the brand just like they take a bite out of crime celebrity cartoon... Norton is the future!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great. I am coming to the end of my contract and am afraid they no longer have this deal. I am not sure what I will do then. I am hopeful they will work with me and I can stay with Norton.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have been using Norton for about 10 months now and immediately experienced the difference between it and my former free version of another brand. Also, LifeLock came with the package. At the same time I added Web Ad Blocker. Now I can work, surf, shop and communicate with no fear of viruses and Ad free interruption.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I did not consent to an automatic renewal of an annual subscription - especially because the software bogged down my computer. However, I was blindsided by a charge on my credit card. And after 4 hours on the phone, I was disconnected. I called a second time and was disconnected after 4 hours again. And there is no option to send an email or leave a message anywhere. So I was left with no choice but to dispute the charge on my card. Use Webroot or any other software - just not Norton.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Norton premium price is real cheap but you need a credit card to install, And then if you forget it, it will auto refills at full price, Next the Norton 360 has many problems with Windows 7 and 8.1, You don't have full protection in some areas, Next their customer service is the worse. I had to call 6 times in a row because I could NOT understand what they were saying, In other words they speak very poor English, And even then the customer rep had to look up my question answer, Thank God the store I purchase from let me return it for a full refund even after installing it and finding all the problems, And even after uninstalling norton some part were hiding on my my computer, Had to to clean swipe all the computers,

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have tried different programs over the years, and I periodically check the alternatives just to be sure that I get quality protection. Having said that, I have been using Norton on all of my devices for over ten years now, and I don't see a good reason to change, even when other programs are offered for free by ISP, gadget OEM, etc.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have had the computer protection a while and I am glad that I have it because it does protect. Has much that you can have for your computer and at least you can get some kinds of feeling that you can be protected for your computer services. At least they can monitor your computer if they need to protect your security.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information