1.06/5

formerly Norton Antivirus

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton Security offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection services
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Security Reviews

01/02/2018

This is the only antivirus I've used for the last twenty years and it's always kept in good stead. Thumbs up. I would recommend this without reservation.

01/04/2018

I have used other software in the past and always ended up regretting that decision. Overall Norton has been the best for me. Their customer support is very helpful and 24 hours.

Norton Security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton Security plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton Security are the Standard, Deluxe and Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$7.99
Deluxe50GB5$9.99
Select100GB5$14.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $8 - $35 per month, or $40 - $260 per year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $90 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton Security?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton Security is an excellent option. Their partnership with LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

749 Norton Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have auto renewal and noticed they charged me £62.99 for Norton Internet subscription. They then upgraded this to Norton 360 deluxe which I noticed is £29.99. Despite spending hour on the chat and telephone they just gave me the run around with no credit. They have ripped me off and come renewal I'll use someone else - useless support system. I dread to think what would happen if you had a security problem as they are slow to respond, are very unhelpful. DON'T USE.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I couldn't get registered with LifeLock/Norton so I called support. They were all nice but all had accents. I couldn't understand them and they couldn't understand me. I wasted 2 hours of my time. I want my money back!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I was considering renewal but thanks to complaints in the social media, I found out that by renewing subscription to Norton’s security program for 1 year, you are authorizing Norton to withdraw money from your account each year for every next renewal at a regular price which is usually $120. That fact is confirmed by the very fine print in the e-mail for renewal sent to me by Norton. Also, on the original box of the Norton Security at the bottom right corner with letters meant to be missed by purchases the text reads: “Restrictions apply. Must be enrolled in automatic renewal service online.”

PLEASE BE ADVISED that this shady practices are also used now by McAfee. I have used Norton for the last about 5 years. No MORE. I switch to Kaspersky which shares first place with Norton as the best protection tested by many labs. The pointed downside for Kaspersky is that it does not have the option to backup your data on a cloud, which I have never used with Norton, literally for security reasons. I have NO trust in today's corporations.

Nino ** - Canada

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I too am a victim of auto renew...and what's worse...it renewed under a "dead" email address. Upon recognizing being charged twice I contacted the company only to be farmed out to India where I received a complete runaround. And could not decipher what was being said. Went online and received a circular argument live chat. I have been with Norton since it's inception, but their deceptive, sneaky renewal system sent me running. Terrible deceitful practices.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I'm another victim of the Norton auto renew scam. I've been a subscriber for about 15 years and this is 2nd time they got me. I am positive I turned off auto renew because this happened last yr. Not only do they charge your account with no authorization, they massively inflate the price. I've never paid more than 49$ for annual subscription they charged me $109. If I go into my settings and hit renew, they offer me the same product for 69$ Amazon has it for $59 and I found at Best Buy for $31 99. They claim they upgraded my services in January and it automatically turned auto pay on. A billion $ company shouldn't be virtually stealing from their long time subscribers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton Security?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Like so many others, despite me cancelling my upcoming renewal, these thieves went ahead and took £79.99 via my PayPal account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!! There is no way you can email them to sort this out. You HAVE to speak with one of their "advisors". Good luck with that. I will NEVER use them again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My family shares a Norton Subscription for our devices and with an accidental purchase we ended up having two Subscriptions of Norton 360 (one was Premium, the other Deluxe). I reached out to their support and clearly stated that I was intending on keeping the Deluxe Subscription. After being pushed to "wrap both subscriptions together" so that I wouldn't have to pay for another 13 months, I restated that I only wanted the refund. After they "refunded" my account, they ended up canceling the Deluxe subscription I wanted to keep and left me with the Premium subscription that I did not want. After the Norton subscription is up, I'll be looking elsewhere for another Antivirus company with competent support.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

When I got up this morning I had a terrible shock. Norton had charged over 198.00 to my debit card thru PayPal. I knew my auto renewal was off and I no longer use that account. I believe they have you sign up for new services that they say are part of your contract then switch auto renewal back on. They also up your package to some outrageous amount. When you contact them it takes forever, they are rude and insist it's on you. They keep arguing trying to sell you the product. I need protection from Norton.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

They took no action to inform its customers of the cyber attack that was occurring for some time and was allowing trolls and others to gain access to my/our systems. The VPN is a very very bad joke. No notifications for updates... The critical ones. They have ** my entire E communication... DON'T buy NORTON.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

1. Long time Norton customer [since 2004]. Requested the deletion of 2 of my 4 user Registrations. [I had only used the Licence on 2 machines]. Norton even after viewing a Log me in of my machine advised my Licence Key was not registered to me!!!! 2. After some 6 telephone calls, a Norton Supervisor telephoned, apologised and increased my subscription validity by another 30 days. I saw this validated online. 3. On the 15th of August 2019, I completed a restore backup files from the Norton Cloud. Only to find Folders with ZERO file content. Three [3] Norton Level 2 support staff have made numerous software tweaks to attempt to get the files as visible in the Cloud Folders to zoom their way to my machine's C drive.

4. I have completed [4] File Restore actions. Only to find Zero file transfer. 5. Incompetently trained Norton staff have suggested the fault was due to me terminating power to my machine during a backup, or the Norton product did not backup certain. File type extensions. 6. Today is again a wait for a telephone call back from "another Level 2" support staff member.

Regards Derek [Wollongong Australia]