Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.66/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton Security offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection services
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

This is the only antivirus I've used for the last twenty years and it's always kept in good stead. Thumbs up. I would recommend this without reservation.

I have used other software in the past and always ended up regretting that decision. Overall Norton has been the best for me. Their customer support is very helpful and 24 hours.

Norton Security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton Security plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton Security are the Standard, Deluxe and Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$7.99
Deluxe50GB5$9.99
Select100GB5$14.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $8 - $35 per month, or $40 - $260 per year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $90 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton Security?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton Security is an excellent option. Their partnership with LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change. If you do not use the benefits from it, and update and continue with scans etc. at least once a week, then you are in trouble as with any protection. This will scan as a quick scan, but you need to do a full scan and check everything once a week yourself. That is what I do on Saturday's as I am usually doing things around the house and you can come back on check on it and go on the the next item that needs to be addressed. Word of advice for everyone, if you have been on the internet a lot in one day do it then, as you won't be sorry.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: March 30, 2020

I had Norton years ago and left them for a less expensive company, came back to them years later because a computer tech working on our computer said what we had was not good and recommended Norton. Shortly after that I got a new computer that crashed on the first day. Norton stayed on the line with me for over an hour because I at first thought it was because of Norton. I added new devices and needed a more expensive version they gave it to me for the same price for almost a year. I would highly recommend Norton.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Norton offers the most comprehensive antivirus and malware software available, and as it’s also acquired LifeLock, it's now known as NortonLifeLock. The cost of Norton for just antivirus and malware protection was an excellent choice, more so for the price, but the extra value of identity theft insurance with no additional cost makes it all more impressive. NortonLifeLock was the first to inform me of the vast, and very fast spike in cybercrime conducted using the COVID-19 outbreak to breach information from both government agencies, corporations, and individuals. NortonLifeLock offers a bundled package for very little money on each annual renewal. I highly recommend NortonLifeLock!

Original review: March 21, 2020

It's really simple to use, clicks on everything at one time but allows you to check off what NOT to delete and cleans up hd drive super quick. I like it better than McAfee where you pay for the name to be advertised more than you get quality. McAfee is like McGruff the crime dog from the 80's and it's time to retire the brand just like they take a bite out of crime celebrity cartoon... Norton is the future!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great. I am coming to the end of my contract and am afraid they no longer have this deal. I am not sure what I will do then. I am hopeful they will work with me and I can stay with Norton.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I obtained Norton Life Lock 360 because of identity theft issues that I found on my credit report. I paid for a year in advance so that I didn't have money automatically taken from my account. They never handled my original identity theft issues, but DID give ME instructions on how to take care of it myself. (Mind you, I had the most expensive/thorough account from the beginning).

I called for A NEW identity theft occurrence and couldn't pass their security questions, because THEY had inaccurate information on my past (possibly due to identity theft)... An hour and 15 minutes after I tried and TRIED to work through their incompetency, I asked them to cancel my membership and pro-rate the 163 days remaining that I had on my membership. The supervisor (whom I was transferred to early on in my phone call) informed me that she was unable to cancel my membership, but would put my account into the "Escalation Team" for review. "If they deem it appropriate, they will cancel your membership and decide if they will pro-rate the balance back to you."

Now I wait, she had no time frame to share with me about ANY of it. When I asked her for a phone number, fax number, mailing address or email address for the Escalation Team she responded that they did not have any of that contact information. The only contact information that she had to share with me was... 800-LIFELOCK (which has more #'s than a regular phone number even). I will NEVER but ANYTHING Norton for the remaining of my years!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I had been a customer of Norton Lifelock 360, for a year, and in the beginning everything was working great. But, after a while I started having problems, which they support techs were great at fixing, until recently. Their internet security software stopped working, and no matter how many times, I tried, uninstalling/reinstalling their software, it still would not work properly. So, then I contacted their support team, and matters just got worse. They were rude, never helped me find the five Trojan viruses infecting my devices, and seemed somewhat unconcern with my dissatisfactory.

As a result, of their software failing, I have to purchase a new laptop, and trying to get any reimbursement from Norton, is next to impossible. They keep apologizing for my bad luck and offering to give me two months free of one of their services. If you are looking for internet security software do not go with Norton 'cause it's obvious they just don't care about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I have had nothing but problems with this. The product keeps telling me I have security risks and that I am offline, but with everything I have tried I cannot get it fixed. I can't get them to help with my issues. I feel this is the biggest waste of money because I have never had the issues I am having with any other security company. I am very disappointed with this and will never use them again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Norton Secure VPN is a terrible product riding on the coattails of Norton's virus protection legacy reputation. I have had Norton's Security and VPN service for 18 months. It has not worked properly for any of that time.

1) Secure VPN will not automatically connect. Period. You are forced to quit it, then relaunch it every time you connect to the internet. Ridiculous.
    2) When using the VPN, it will not allow you to connect to ad links resulting from google searches. Absurd.
    3) It measurably slows down the interoperability of many sites.
    4) Norton Secure VPN does not allow for consistent, reliable connections to services such as Quickbooks.

5) It is so bad, that 3 of the 4 people for whom it was installed on laptops, desktops (both Apple and Windows), and mobile phones, have given up trying to use it.

When attempting to contact Norton for tech support, you wait on hold for 25 minutes, only to be connected with an off-shore call center which has a connection making the person whom you are speaking sound like they're in an auto-tuned music video. The wait time is an insult to you, and they obviously do not respect or value you as a customer. The fact that they have such low quality connections also demonstrates that they simply do not care about actually helping a paying subscriber.

When attempting to initiate a Chat session, you are routed in circles, filling out the same form over and over again, and never being allowed to actually initiate the chat. They have invested time and effort building a support database, but if your solution is not found, they simply have no interest in actually having contact with you. It would be bad enough if they simply had a poorly performing product, but to add insult to injury by raising prices, and then not offering actual support is offensive. I can not warn you away from this product strongly enough.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This is the most inept, comically bungling and time wasting company that in my 72 years I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with!! I was disconnected no less than 4 times after being placed on hold. I spoke to no less than 6 separate CSR’s. I truly believe that they do this on purpose because they fear retribution from their supervisors for losing a customer and/or handling an irritated subscriber. In less than 18 months they’ve charged me No less than 3 times totaling $204.00.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information