Norton Security Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

formerly Norton Antivirus

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton Security offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection services
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Security Reviews

This is the only antivirus I've used for the last twenty years and it's always kept in good stead. Thumbs up. I would recommend this without reservation.

I have used other software in the past and always ended up regretting that decision. Overall Norton has been the best for me. Their customer support is very helpful and 24 hours.

Norton Security Visit Website

Norton Security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton Security plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton Security are the Standard, Deluxe and Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$7.99
Deluxe50GB5$9.99
Select100GB5$14.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $8 - $35 per month, or $40 - $260 per year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $90 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton Security?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton Security is an excellent option. Their partnership with LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Security Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I was really excited about buying this product, because I thought that it was a good brand. I have never been more wrong. Downloaded for Mac and have had nothing but problems ever since. VPN doesn't work, even after repeatedly installing and re-installing to no avail. My 360 app tells me that I am unprotected, and that I am at risk, but clicking on the "fix" button does nothing. Customer service is never helpful, and takes on average 30 minutes to get onto the phone with someone.

Oh, and did I mention that I was told by customer service that they would call me within 24 hours of our phone call to resolve these issues listed above? It has been two weeks, and guess what. Hasn't happened yet. I have called customer service back three times (all waiting 30+ minutes to speak to someone), and they just tell me that someone will call me. Honestly, Norton is pathetic. I will cancelling my subscription with them. I just hope that they don't screw me out of money like they have done to numerous other people here.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Norton Parental Controls has great features, unfortunately, it requires a browser extension plug in to work properly. The very bad news is that your child can delete this plug-in rendering the Parental Controls useless. Any teenager can disable the controls at will. Furthermore, they do server upgrades which will then lock you out of the system. I needed to remove a time constraint from my son's computer so he could finish a homework assignment, but unfortunately I was locked out. Don't waste your time with this product.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

For years Norton has provided my Internet Security with renewals going smooth. I don't have AUTOMATIC RENEWALS. I have one month left on my subscription. This morning I received an e-mail from Norton advising me they renewed my subscription at a cost of 40% more than last year. They decided for me without consulting me. I called them minutes after reading the e-mail. I was advised that Norton's can renew even when I didn't have AUTOMATIC RENEWAL in my setting and no credit cards information listed as they charged me using the credit card they had used before. Corrective actions have been taken. Cancelling is still on the table. MY CAVEAT: beware, THEIR NEW POLICIES ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CUSTOMER.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My son has had £750. taken out of his bank by Norton since July 2017. Have written to them to no avail. It seems if you don't cancel your previous email address with them they just keep taking the money. How do they do this when it's all coming out the same bank account.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have had Norton for many years without problems. Until now! My email address has changed and I want to cancel the automatic renewal arrangement. It is impossible to correct the email as the Norton site takes you round in circles. Like many of these so called helpful sites there is no address or direct email link. In other words they make it as difficult as possible to leave. I will have to write to them but have now missed the 60 day notice they require which in itself is excessive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton Security?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Norton is the absolute worse protection I have experienced. I download all this so called protection and my computer acts worse and is slower than ever! Also, my subscription doesn't expire for another 9+ days and have Norton's emails showing it doesn't expire What do they do???? Today they come online and tell me I have "already" expired and no longer have protection!! Then I start getting all these pop ups out of nowhere and I am booted off; with a message saying, "Let us fix it!!" I am suppose to have protection yet I am still hacked and my information taken! What am I being protected from??? It cost over $169 to renew and it is too high for the lack of protection I have!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Our daughter is studying in Sweden and my husband renewed all of our devices with Norton Security. We bought 10 seats of which we used 8. Her account was accidentally deactivated (my husband deactivated wrong computer). It would not let us reactivate it. Called customer support and they said they could not reactivate her security and that she would have to pay for an already paid for seat. It was SO big of them to say that we had a choice of flying her back to the US to reinstate it or they would give us a 25 percent discount on product we already paid for. We have been chatting with customer support (nonsupport) on and off for about 2 weeks. What a joke and ripoff.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Longtime customer and really had no problems until my last Billing. Norton sent me a notice that my renewal is coming up and they enclosed what it will cost. When I looked at the bill I was in shock! The auto payment was double the price and somehow they got a credit card number that I only used once and that was on the bill and right then I wonder how safe I really was? I sent a comment to Norton and ask how did this happen and they never did respond so at that point I had to part ways.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

3 years ago I purchased 3 sets of 3 licenses for a total of 9 licenses for Norton utilities. I installed this product in my laptop which was a great working computer. I wanted to get rid of duplicates and told this was the perfect program. 10 minutes after installing and doing the first thing this software does I believe goes through the registry and clears out things you don't need. The next 2 weeks were spent getting the runaround from their tech support with excuses so ridiculous I will save for more public display. That's the problem with LifeLock’s methods at Norton. They don't question you to try to help. They question you to try and get out of helping you. It'd actually insult to hear all the ridiculous things they ask. I was told I would be refunded for this software that destroyed my computer. After a dozen phone calls getting hung up on and told the dumbest reasons they were not paying each time worst then the other.

I actually wanted to stay away from Norton for their horrible service nowadays. A month ago I looked online and purchase new Norton which was actually a lot less than what they had for renewal on my account. This week Google Drive was showing lots of duplicates. I thought maybe their utility is better 3 years later. Again I download 1 license. This is the computer I had built after they destroyed my last computers. Solid core hard drive. All the good stuff. 10 minutes after downloading these utilities again my computer is crashing and cannot open anything. Pissed this time I get a tech on the phone. He remotely got in my computer said he fixed it and will get me my refund. Funny my refund life lock left me hanging with a $41K identity theft and never once tried to help. All they did is asking me unrelated questions to try and not help. This last rep surprisingly never removed his damaging software and never fixed anything shocking.

Now this company has rendered my $2000 COMPUTER USELESS with their fraudulent software and service. The best is today's excuse is they do not have a tech that can help with a 3 year old program. All he can do is making sure I get the refund they jerked me around on to begin with. I said so last week, "Your tech got on my computers to try and fix the second computer your software destroyed but today the only thing you can do is lie to me again and tell me you will refund this destroying software that cost me over $3k in computers now. Why don't you tell all your clients to ** off the first call and save us all the ** later." Norton is a lie with the worst excuses I've heard from so many techs without any results other than destroyed computers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I've been a long time Norton customer and they have went downhill fast. They've become a scam company with poor customer service, bad product and locks up your computer avoid them. I bought their product from Walmart and when I went to install it didn't work. Norton blamed walmart, they blamed Norton. I'm out $60.00. The customer service people at Norton are only interested in selling you an upgrade or getting you to agree to a scam. Don't buy or your computer will be taken over and they will rip you off every chance they get.

Norton Security response

Hello Glennm,

I hope you’re doing well. I have responded to your review through a private message. If you have any further questions, please reply back to our private message at your convenience. We will be more than happy to help. You may also reach us through various other support options provided at: www.norton.com/contactcs.

Raj