Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.46/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change. If you do not use the benefits from it, and update and continue with scans etc. at least once a week, then you are in trouble as with any protection. This will scan as a quick scan, but you need to do a full scan and check everything once a week yourself. That is what I do on Saturday's as I am usually doing things around the house and you can come back on check on it and go on the the next item that needs to be addressed. Word of advice for everyone, if you have been on the internet a lot in one day do it then, as you won't be sorry.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I had Norton years ago and left them for a less expensive company, came back to them years later because a computer tech working on our computer said what we had was not good and recommended Norton. Shortly after that I got a new computer that crashed on the first day. Norton stayed on the line with me for over an hour because I at first thought it was because of Norton. I added new devices and needed a more expensive version they gave it to me for the same price for almost a year. I would highly recommend Norton.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Norton offers the most comprehensive antivirus and malware software available, and as it’s also acquired LifeLock, it's now known as NortonLifeLock. The cost of Norton for just antivirus and malware protection was an excellent choice, more so for the price, but the extra value of identity theft insurance with no additional cost makes it all more impressive. NortonLifeLock was the first to inform me of the vast, and very fast spike in cybercrime conducted using the COVID-19 outbreak to breach information from both government agencies, corporations, and individuals. NortonLifeLock offers a bundled package for very little money on each annual renewal. I highly recommend NortonLifeLock!

Original review: March 21, 2020

It's really simple to use, clicks on everything at one time but allows you to check off what NOT to delete and cleans up hd drive super quick. I like it better than McAfee where you pay for the name to be advertised more than you get quality. McAfee is like McGruff the crime dog from the 80's and it's time to retire the brand just like they take a bite out of crime celebrity cartoon... Norton is the future!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great. I am coming to the end of my contract and am afraid they no longer have this deal. I am not sure what I will do then. I am hopeful they will work with me and I can stay with Norton.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Unfortunately will now live in an era where we do all the work for these USA companies. Who tempt us with great technology & fall down on the basics when it comes to Customer Service! We originally were Sold a CD Disc, Took in Home, Plugged it into the Internet & hey presto were quickly in Business. Now we have to put up with Scratching a Card, which in my case eliminated a few of the Numbers. Can I get a REFUND? Just Try. This like many other Scams running through our Society is something we are supposed to expect. Unfortunately it is now happening on many fronts these days & companies Like Norton & Others must be aware these problems will arise. And what do they do about it? Zilch. Another little earner for Norton & Others.

In the Past Companies would bend over backwards to retain your Custom. Today you wait hours on the Phone, wasting precious time (that's if you are lucky & they actually have a phone) or maybe your luck is in as a un-intelligible Indian Dialect comes across the airwaves who are deliberately provided to ensure your frustration reaches fever pitch. This is no derision of the Indian Race, as they have been hand-picked at being able to cope with all the abuse they undoubtedly have to put up with. This is the point where giving up usually succeeds & Norton have made another little earner, without lifting a finger. Whilst my Meagre Bank Balance sinks even deeper into a quagmire of Despair, whilst I watch their shares growing sizeably on the the US & UK Stock Markets.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I had installed Norton paid version. After installing it till one month it worked very fine then after from next month it started creating issue..Issue like audio issue..my laptop mic automatically get undetected..Whenever I used to listen any online seminar or online session it never detect audio speaker and mic. I have laptop of Dell which have mic and audio inbuild in it.. Sometimes while ready for session it detects then during the session in between it stop detecting by its own..Initially I thought it is problem with hardware then I contacted Dell and troubleshooted mic and audio..

It was found no problem then I call the Norton thinking may be antivirus blocking it for security ..when I called them initially they were not ready to listen then second time I called them again then they told to just uninstall and check then I checked it and then which was done means after uninstalling my session audio was detecting automatically.. then I called them back telling about this but they were not ready to listen that how Norton can block it and they told me on my face, "We can't go forward with this complaint to check with our department about the issue"...

Later after some days my system was working slow then I contacted Microsoft technical support number. They checked. Found that Windows important updates are not able to installed. They told me to just remove and check Norton then when I check it got installed smoothly also. I mailed this all issue to Norton ceo also but I never got reply back....Norton is not friendly with Windows 10 updates and its hardware and products and OS and softwares also....It creates issue always..Nowadays everybody is using Windows 10 and laptop so norton will never support the issue the customer faces in system...

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I was attempting to access a website when a Norton 360 page popped up and told me that I needed to install the SafeSearch browser extension. I did; and all of my quick links were replaced with links to commercialized websites such as Amazon, Trivago, and Ebay, just to name a few. There were more than five new quick links. I do not want to visit these sites; and I do not know how to remove these unwanted quick links. I do not recommend Norton 360 to anyone for this reason. I do not want to use Norton 360, in the future; because Norton 360 is telling me where to spend my money, and I think that is rude. When my subscription expires, I will be switching.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Awful experience. My credit card was used by a minor to sign up for internet security and automatic renewal. No notification to me only when I received my statement. No resolution from Norton just lost €€€ by me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I bought Norton Anti-Virus in a local store with a code to use online to get anti-virus protection. I think the product itself is good, it's the policy that feels me like I am a "captured market", do not the right to decided for what I want. I remember when I activated the anti-virus, I asked to enter my credit card information and because I can not proceed without entering it, I entered it just the same, and click boxes that would enable me to finish the installation - just to be done with it.

After almost a year, I saw a charge in my account of $94.00+. I don't intend to renew it with them at this cost! Why would I pay this much if I can buy it in a local store for less than half the price? I was told that they provide support as well. Well, I don't need anything other than simple protection. Why can't I have a CHOICE? Am I not supposed to decide how to spend my money? After a long talk, they are willing to refund my $94.00+ but I have to pay $40.00 for the cancellation. Not only that, they sent an e-mail with a link to pay right away, they don't even want to charge it to my card. This is not a customer-friendly policy at all. Are businesses not supposed to earn money from customers? I am getting any service here, yet they want me to pay.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information