Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

BOTTOM LINE

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

PROS

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Covers limited number of devices

Top Norton Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

I have had Norton for years now, and so far no virus or any other problems, they continue to add and update their systems and offer better coverage and better protection. This is important as things do change.

I have been with Norton for years. I have never had a problem with my security and if I need IT support, they are always available and they help resolve any issues immediately. I have been on the plan that supports 10 different units, which has been great.

Norton 360 security features

Depending on which plan you select, Norton offers a variety of services to help protect your devices and personal information. Their virus protection promise guarantees a full refund if their software catches a virus and their US-based restoration team can't remove it.

Norton 360 with LifeLock plan features include:

• Lost wallet protection
  • Credit monitoring
  • SSN and credit alerts
  • Data breach notifications
  • Bank and credit card activity alerts
  • Fictitious identity monitoring
  • Court records scanning
  • 401k and investment alerts

In addition to these features, plans each offer a level of reimbursement for losses due to identity theft. Called the Million Dollar Protection Package, the feature includes stolen fund reimbursement starting at $25,000 and coverage for up to 1 million in legal fees.

Comparing Norton 360 with LifeLock plans

The three most popular plans offered by Norton LifeLock are Norton 360 Standard, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plans. While they have much in common, there are key differences in their parental control, ID theft protection and cloud storage.

PlanStandardDeluxeSelect
Standard10GB1$39.99
Deluxe50GB5$49.99
Select100GB5$99.99

Norton Security cost

Norton’s security packages range from $39.99 to $199.99 per year for the first year. If you opt to pay annually, you can save up to $55 on the total cost.

Do we recommend Norton 360?

If you're worried about your digital devices or identity theft, we think Norton 360 plans are excellent options. The integration of LifeLock expands the scope of their offerings, allowing them to serve multiple areas of your life with one streamlined service. Affordable plans are available, and comprehensive options exist for added protection. Bonus features like cloud storage and parental control make Norton a great go-to for most digital security needs.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I am very happy with Norton. They keep me informed about any unusual activities on my computer. Their software never slows down my computer like AVG did before I removed them. Norton is excellent.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Excellent suite of online and personal security tools. Super monitoring of online activities. Initial cost is very good but renewals are sneakily expensive. Cust Service/help is very good.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Norton Security has included Identity Protection over the past three years. This is so convenient because most of us have a computer. Norton also monitors the dark web.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I called the support number to cancel this subscription and the rep hung up on me and he was very rude!! Never again!!! I've used Norton before and the service was impeccable and it's a great product, Please do something about the people representing your business...

Resolution response: April 11, 2021

Norton was professional and prompt in working with me to resolve my complaint. I am much more likely to return as a customer based on their response.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Norton offers software to protect you from scammers, but their business model is set up to rip you off. Clever. They set it up to automatically renew, whether you want to or not. They don't tell you when your software is due to expire, and conveniently neglect to tell you they've charged you for another year, knowing many customers won't realize it. When you call customer service (overseas), their "representatives" read from a script that they "understand" your frustration but that it's too late to get a refund for a product you didn't want or use, because that's their "company policy." What a sham. I gave one star because zero stars wasn't an option. The UK market watchdog is suing Norton. Regulators in the U.S. should be suing them, too.

Original review: April 3, 2021

My 83 year old mother who is in a nursing home advised she was being billed $500 USD on her pre authorized Visa to Norton for another year of protection. She also confirmed as did the employees of the nursing home that she cancelled her Norton subscription a year ago as she has had a new iPad for 3 yrs. She received aggressive emails and 21 phone calls when Norton realized her Visa card had been changed and they were not able to automatically able to take her money as in the past. I contacted the Milwaukee number that had been calling her aggressively. The customer service representative advised that I would have to contact them to uninstall the program even though the program clearly indicated that the Norton Antivirus was disabled.

I foolishly agreed to go through the process with Norton to uninstall the program as the indicated was required. I further foolishly allowed them access to my mother's laptop to make the necessary requirements to uninstall the Norton Program. When completed I queried why we could no longer log into the computer laptop. I was advised that all passwords were now gone and I wouldn’t able to access the computer??? When I became very upset the customer rep couldn’t change what had been done. I advised I would be escalating my complaint to higher level as this was unacceptable. I received a a call from a customer service rep from Santa Clarita California who advised he would immediately fix my problem and call me back.

He called back and advised he had good news that we would be able to recover our password and have access to my mother's laptop for $99 USD. I said “really, after all this you're Going to sell me something else when we are trying to get away from this?” He said, "Well you can pay the $99 or figure it out yourself," then quickly apologized knowing his mistake. Since my mother no longer uses this laptop it was a moot point. If in doubt please access any recordings or records of our interactions. Norton is a low rate company whose sales prey on the vulnerable. The only protection my mother needed protection for in 15 years was Norton. How sad.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Beware, Norton will attempt to bill you for years once you subscribe. Even after you cancel. I have cancelled more than once and every year, they bill me again. Even when I dispute it, they STILL bill me.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I originally paid for a subscription for 1 PC Norton 360 back in 2014 for £14.99 on auto-renewal. I was happy to pay more on auto-renewal but later on this was increased to £79.99 and increased further this year to £89.99 and changed to a 3 PC subscription (without my agreement/consent) which I do not need and have never used. I would not have noticed this if not for the attempt to move Norton to my new laptop failed. Numerous contacts to chats and on their helpline were completely unhelpful with regards to refunding the fraudulently obtained subscription and to install Norton on the new laptop. Simply absolutely awful!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been a customer of Norton for some years - one fatal mistake - this company is not alone in taking advantage of auto-renewal customers. Challenged Norton and one online chat disconnected after posing some questions. Next agent just as determined not to answer straightforward questions. This year Norton Auto renewed for £75.00. Could have purchased the same product from them less than 25.00 others 21.00. Don't AUTO RENEW - simply shop and save yourself a fortune.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I spent the day downloading all the information I wanted protected (credit cards, bank accounts etc), then moved on to the family device monitoring section. I followed instructions to download parental monitoring for my 4 children's computers. All seemed to be working except one child's device seemed not to be "monitored" despite downloading the software correctly, as I had with the other 3 kids' devices. I called tech support and asked her why the one child's device was not being monitored. She proceeded to walk me through a series of steps that seemed very much like I was starting all over from scratch. I told her several times that I do not want to start from scratch but just need to find out about one of the 6 devices I was monitoring.

She did not listen to my query but seemed to be reading from a script and going down a pathway for a problem that I did not have. Her actions ended up erasing all the work I had done the day before and after 2 hours and passing the control of my computer to her, she had messed everything up so badly that she said that someone else will need to step in. She told me to call back and ask to speak with someone who specialized in Family monitoring part of Norton. I did and again waited 20" on hold and had to start over again. That person then told me that the previous tech person had logged on too many times and that I had to wait an hour to try again. He conveyed that he would make a note in the record that I was to be connected to a supervisor when I called back in one hour.

Keep in mind, that I have to wait on hold to be connected to a human being for 20 minutes minimum (and sometimes much longer). So then in the next call, the tech person said she is working from home and cannot remotely assist me and to try back in a few hours. It has been 2 days and my account is in complete shambles, no monitoring being done at all and I have wasted so so so so much time!! I wish I had never signed up with Norton. There are so many other parental monitoring programs - I will now start over with someone else and cancel my subscription with Norton.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information