Norton Security (formerly Norton Antivirus)
3.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Norton Security (formerly Norton Antivirus)

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

626 Norton Security (formerly Norton Antivirus) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've used Norton, Mcafee and Kaspersky. Of the 3, Norton is easiest to use and seems as effective as any of the other antivirus, antispam and anti-malware software suites.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I prefer Norton for daily use. For the most part, it does a very good job and stays out of the way. I have run McAfee, Avast and AVG and did not like them. I use Malwarebytes for occasional manual scans and also like it. Why would anyone use software from a Russian, Iranian, North Korean company, etc...?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have used Norton for many years and have always been satisfied with the service. I have never had a problem with viruses and other malicious issues.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I have to admit that my husband is responsible for all our computer needs. He is the expert! I have never had any problems with this software. I think I have only encountered two possible attacks. Norton saved the day!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

They evergreen your bill so they were billing my mother months after she passed away. Took an act of god to get them to understand and reverse the charges on her card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton Security?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Have had no virus problems while with Norton. Forgot password once and had difficulty with company while trying to open Norton. Had all passwords and logins in the Norton Vault and couldn't open it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I love Norton but I hate the fact it slows down my computer. Unfortunately I would not change. I wish the vault was compatible with Microsoft Edge!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Overall customer service will help whenever you have a problem with your computer. They have a lot of knowledge of your system. I would not use another company other than Norton.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Norton Security Suite comes as a service with Comcast and it has stopped intrusive attempts to access my computer every day. I also utilize the Norton Identity Vault.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Easy to use and updates easy. You can modify to suit your preferences. Norton will also let you save your passwords, so it is easier to login to different programs.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I've used this product for years and the company I worked for did too. It's very easy to use and it works very well to protect me and our family. It's got a very good rep and it's rated very highly by experts.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I use this on my PC and trust the software completely as I have personal information on my PC. It runs a scan, and then I can run a scan anytime I feel it is needed.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Norton is by far the best antivirus/security software on the market. To top it off, their customer service is far superior to their competitors', as well. I don't think anyone comes close to the quality or value that Symantec has to offer.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I also have PC Tools Performance Toolkit and many of these services are the same, but I prefer PC Tools over Norton for basic computer maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I use Norton because it is free from Comcast and seems to work fine. Never needed support and haven't had any virus problems in at least ten years.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The only problems I have had with Norton in the many years I've used their products turned out to be a problem with the OS and a down server once. The value is hard to beat as I get protection for ten devices for under $100 a year.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My new computer came with McAfee, but I choose to buy Norton. I think it's more complete coverage, including features like password protection and optimizing performance scans.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have been using Norton products for over 20 years. I have had excellent customer service when needed. I regularly get messages stating that a malicious intrusion has been blocked, with no effort from me. Norton is now included with my Comcast internet at no extra cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Awful product. Do not recommend. It takes a long time for downloads and plus it takes a lot of memory. To say the least the customer service is only online. There's no way to call for customer service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

They have debundled most parts of their previous packages and now charge separately for all parts and pcs, iPads, and cells. Value for total price is an issue.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Love it. Easy to use and never had a problem with it. Multiple device usable. Not much you can't do with it. Antivirus cleanup, file cleanup and tune up your computer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've used Norton on my computers for several years. It has worked very well and when I had difficulty installing it on one occasion, I was given one of Norton's service employees for up to an hour. He had difficulty installing it also, so he installed their advanced version onto my desktop.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Excellent value! Norton has kept all my electronics free of issues for years. It will not allow you to access unsecured or bad sites and so far keeps all evildoers at bay. Reasonably priced and once set up properly - continuous security checks. Assumes all transactions invalid until proven otherwise. Uses little space/energy. Doesn't interfere but is constantly scanning. Been using good 20+ yrs for all IT. Works well on modem/routers Everything. Works well on small or large server etc.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We get Norton free with Comcast/Xfinity, so obviously the value is good. I have only had one problem that I had to uninstall & reinstall the package, but this was done with no problem.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I've always been happy with Norton. Never had a problem and their customer service is great. As an added protection, I also have Malware Bytes.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have used other ones but Norton seems to be the best I have ever used and their customer service is great. In the last 4 years I have not had a problem.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Norton Security is okay as an antivirus program but there are better and user-friendlier antivirus software out there to use. And I think some of the freeware antivirus security software works just as well if not better in some cases.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I am generally satisfied with this product and I have confidence that Norton is keeping my PC safe. The scans seem to be thorough and it warns of dangerous websites. It also screens emails.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Subscribed to Norton in 2012. For the next four years they were double charging for the yearly the service. They are making no effort to find why they created two accounts for me and I only used one laptop. BBB has been contacted cause no one will talk to me about the overcharge. Wife had been handling bank accounts until recently and thought I needed this service. I took over and noticed this. They offered one year of service and having renewed in February 2017, canceled on me in coming November. POS company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Charge too much per year for what you get and still you get hacked and add malware and adware from all the other apps you download all the time. Most antivirus programs slow down your computer, so I use Windows 10 only.

Norton Security expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Norton Antivirus has been protecting computers since 1982 and was purchased by the software development company Symantec in 1991. The Norton Security division offers antivirus and other security solutions for home and business.

• Works across devices: Norton Security works across all PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets, but you will have to upgrade to the deluxe or premium version to protect multiple devices. Annual subscriptions range from $59.99 to $89.99 across three versions, and discounts are offered for the first year of protection.

• Norton Power Eraser: If you suspect that traces of malware remain after scanning your computer, you can use the Power Eraser to restart your computer and then dig even deeper to detect the most aggressive malware.

• Strong anti-phishing: Norton uses several layers of security to detect fraudulent websites that try to steal your personal information. This stops identity theft.

• Award winning software: Over the years, Norton has been awarded by PC Magazine as a top choice in antivirus software. Awards were granted after thorough testing.

• 100% guarantee: If Norton Security can’t clean a virus from your computer or device at any time during your subscription, you will get your money back.

• Best for: Individuals and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Norton Security (formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information