Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: July 18, 2020

As a subscriber for Norton Antivirus I tried to login in to the account and find the Auto Renew option so I could turn it OFF. I went thru all the their links and menus and could not find how to turn off Auto Renew. I sent them an email asking for the link to turn off Auto Renew and got no answer. So I decided to close the credit card that I have put for the Norton account. Precisely one month before my yearly subscription expired they tried to Auto Renew without my consent and of course the payment failed because I had already closed my credit card. Norton was trying to Auto Renew without me getting a chance to review what protection plan prices they decided to Auto Renew (normally they Auto Renew at the highest prices). This is not a good business practice so I have decided to uninstall Norton Antivirus and subscribe to another company.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Immediately after installing I noticed slower processing times on all applications, from web browser to Outlook to opening control panel - all indicated “....not responding” notices for several minutes before eventually opened. Seems to be very bad compatibility with Microsoft 365. Things are bad with iPhone app as well - as soon as it was installed I had difficulty opening websites because it said internet connection couldn’t be found. This happens when I’m several yards to just a few inches from my WiFi. Everything worked fine for years until I installed Norton 360 and then the issues started. Seems like a half-baked system and very poor and slow customer service. Since installing Norton 360 I’ve spent much more time on hold or with tech help folks. It’s a joke of a product from what used to be a reputable antivirus software company.

Original review: June 12, 2020

We used Norton Security Suite for years without any problems. In the past few months they decided to update their service by becoming Norton Lifelock 360. They sent emails saying they were going to start backing up our devices to their automatic cloud backup service etc. without even asking for our permission to do so. We do not want our devices backed up to the cloud. I tried emailing them about this and never got a reply. We cancelled the service and removed it from our devices, but we're still getting their annoying emails. When I logged on to the old account a few minutes ago, the site wouldn't let me access my account to stop getting the emails. Instead it insisted that I click on an Agree button to allow it to start monitoring me. I did not agree and exited my browser. This company has become extremely invasive and does not respect the privacy or wishes of their customers. We will never use them again.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Kept getting reminders that my Norton was about to expire. Went on EBay to get an economical replacement and found the same supplier I had used a year earlier. Bought a digital key renewal at less than a quarter of the price that Norton were prompting me for. Installing the key to renew was difficult but not impossible. After renewal, it told me that I had 366 days left to next renewal, despite the fact that I had installed it 28 days before the old subscription expired, they stole 27 days from me. Tried to complain, twice, with no response, telephone complaints are impossible, as other reviewers have noted. Good product, hopeless organisation!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I was automatically renewed for VPN without advance notice - not at the $49.99 advertised rate, but they billed me $86. Try to cancel and get the promised refund? Good luck. No email add given. Called - 2 hours on hold and hung up. Went to chat. Estimated time - 2 hours 26 minutes. 3 hours 13 minutes waiting and then estimated time added 22 more minutes. It is 12:11 am and I need to go to bed. What a bunch of crap. I will also cancel my other Norton services over this.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have been using Norton for about 10 months now and immediately experienced the difference between it and my former free version of another brand. Also, LifeLock came with the package. At the same time I added Web Ad Blocker. Now I can work, surf, shop and communicate with no fear of viruses and Ad free interruption.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I did not consent to an automatic renewal of an annual subscription - especially because the software bogged down my computer. However, I was blindsided by a charge on my credit card. And after 4 hours on the phone, I was disconnected. I called a second time and was disconnected after 4 hours again. And there is no option to send an email or leave a message anywhere. So I was left with no choice but to dispute the charge on my card. Use Webroot or any other software - just not Norton.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Norton premium price is real cheap but you need a credit card to install, And then if you forget it, it will auto refills at full price, Next the Norton 360 has many problems with Windows 7 and 8.1, You don't have full protection in some areas, Next their customer service is the worse. I had to call 6 times in a row because I could NOT understand what they were saying, In other words they speak very poor English, And even then the customer rep had to look up my question answer, Thank God the store I purchase from let me return it for a full refund even after installing it and finding all the problems, And even after uninstalling norton some part were hiding on my my computer, Had to to clean swipe all the computers,

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have tried different programs over the years, and I periodically check the alternatives just to be sure that I get quality protection. Having said that, I have been using Norton on all of my devices for over ten years now, and I don't see a good reason to change, even when other programs are offered for free by ISP, gadget OEM, etc.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have had the computer protection a while and I am glad that I have it because it does protect. Has much that you can have for your computer and at least you can get some kinds of feeling that you can be protected for your computer services. At least they can monitor your computer if they need to protect your security.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information