Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

3.7/5 (1539 ratings)

About Norton

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Pros

• ID theft protection on select plans
  • Virus protection promise
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Covers limited number of devices

Bottom Line

Norton 360 offers comprehensive digital protection services, from malware to ID theft protection, for one monthly price.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: April 18, 2022

Norton is the biggest scam ever. I have the Norton 360 Total Protection plan and I got a virus. Three times Norton tells me to uninstall and reinstall the antivirus software, which doesn't make sense to me. But I did twice, after the third time of being told to do this in a matter of a week, I said no, it is not working and seems like it's only letting whatever is on my system stay. They hung up on me. I chatted online with them after that so I didn't get frustrated and become abrasive. They told me that they would help me if I paid them more money to upgrade my account to include the support I needed. I did not expect Norton to be so greedy.

My computer became infected after their software informed me that there was an issue that needed to be resolved. I attempted to resolve the issue but it was unable to complete. I called and Norton said to uninstall and reinstall Norton's software. I did, and at that time my computer cycled through a relentless number of pop-ups and the screen went blank or would flash insistently. Norton told me that they needed to escalate the case to another team and I would receive a call within 24-48 hours. WHAT?!?! She also said that it was ok to use my computer since Norton is installed on my system and will protect It even though the popups continued. I did not receive a callback, so I chatted with customer service and they wanted more money, $149 to be exact, to even look at my computer.

I am so infuriated by this and want to share this experience with others so that you are aware that Norton's protection is not effective and that when you do have issues with the software, they are not there to support you, be accountable, and will seek more money from you. Because if you don't pay them, then you are stuck with whatever they let on your computer. I would definitely choose another Security software other than Norton.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I purchased Norton 360 and had some website issues. I was not able to speak to a live agent and spent 2 hours online with online agents who kept being disconnected. At the end the suggested I purchase an additional service, which I did. I attempted to cancel and get a refund after a month because I got another service. I was repeatedly hung up on. By the time I got through, I was told it was too late for a refund. I asked for a supervisor and was hung up on. I called back and when I spoke to a supervisor, he said there was nothing he could do. Why did I leave? POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and a poor product. Don't use Norton!!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I've been using Norton 360 for years. Think they keep my stuff safe, boy was I wrong. I could not believe it until I saw it when I made the switch from android to Apple. I go into Safari and check my privacy report and I see Norton 360 the service I paid for try to track me over 332 times in one day on one website. With tracker names like googletagmanager.com, doubleclick.net, myvisualiq.net, google-analytics.com, adsrvr.org, unpkg.com, xwatched.com, free-javhd.com, cloudflare.com, and many more.

The very scary part is the next day apple removed it and only showed me old tracks. If I wasn't recording my video daily with my old camera that does not connect with either I would had never have proof because apple deleted it the very next day. Norton 360 does not prevent trackers. They allow trackers to track you. Be careful people Norton 360 is not here to protect you at all. The sad part is, I would tell everybody to use it because I was a true believer in them until I saw what they're doing and it was heart breaking.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I've been using Norton for years and never had a problem. Last year I decided to give their password manager a try since it was included in my yearly subscription. So I transferred all mine and my husband's data into manager. It worked fine until a few weeks ago. I started noticing whenever I'd authenticate to go into the manager on my phone, it'd pop up the message it was locked and to wait 10 minutes. In doing so and on the second try, every time I would get in. Didn't think too much about it until today. Same thing happened. Tried 3 times and it threw me out of the app on the 3rd try.

Going back in for the 4th try and the app was going through prompts to set me up a new account. I immediately jumped on chat with a Norton rep and all I got was that I'll have to set up a new account and all my password and other data in manager was gone, lost, never to be recovered. I'm so upset! No explanation, no recourse to attempt to get my data, nothing! Over 5 years of built up data in their system and POOF! gone! Don't use their password manager!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Norton might be a good product for other consumers, but for me, using Norton has been more labor intense and time consuming than I preferred. (1) I have had no success with running the Password Manager on either my laptop or my smartphone. Tech Support walked me through it twice for the laptop and after 1+ years, I still cannot use it. (2) Anti-track has slowed the computer processing significantly (my browser is Edge) since it has been downloaded. It works well, but the processing speed is annoying. (3) Norton has blocked the SSA government website, indicating the site has not been verified to be safe. Maybe it was a fluke, but more time consuming again.

(4) My biggest disappointment with Norton has been its Customer Service, over the past two days I have been on the phone for a good 3-hours and need to call back again in two hours for their Tech Support, as they are running server checks and could not help me with my account. Sadly, that is the same comment I got yesterday about calling back and for the same reason. I just keep getting transferred from one department to another and getting nowhere fast. And all I wanted in the first place was to cancel my subscriptions so they do not renew and here it is day 2 with nothing but getting the run-around. I was hoping for a Prorated Refund (terminating the account now), but it appears I have to keep the account open until the subscriptions run out and terminate on the December 2022 (would be) renewal date. Keeping my fingers crossed to see if all is resolved today.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My old anti-virus had expired, I thought I would try out Norton 360. I have used Norton before without any issues. I bought my package from a retailer, and when tried to set it up I was have problems. I phoned Norton for some assistance, the connected me to a technician. The technician checked my computer and he said something was blocking the installation process and you can fix this problem by purchasing a one year plan two year plan etc. I stopped him at this point because it was going into hundreds of dollars. I told him I only paid about $26.00 with taxes. He was annoyed at me for questioning him. The technician then used profanity against me, which I will not repeat, and he also told me that I was an idiot, then he hanged up on me.

Is this really the way a company does business, Does management realize how some customers been treated??? And what are they going to do about it? I threw Norton 360 into the garbage, lost the $26.00, and went back to McAfee without any issues and it's working fine. Readers beware of scammers. I will write to Norton to try to catch this guy, but they can always ignore me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I purchased 360 Deluxe internet security package from the official Norton Anti-Virus website, with immediate payment directed through Google Play. I never received any correspondence from Norton with confirmation of my order or steps to set up the software. I was NEVER contacted by them. I only received confirmation from Google Play for the payment. I never got to use their service with this purchase.

As I did not receive any goods/service for my payment, I requested a refund from Google Play and Norton. Google Play refused to co-operate and told me to request a chargeback from my bank if I was concerned. Norton LifeLock was completely unresponsive to the claim I opened for a refund. The only way to contact Norton was through online chat on their website. The assistants did nothing to resolve my issue. I tried twice to raise this claim with them. Otherwise there is just no means of getting in touch with them.

I arranged a chargeback with my bank, and my bank escalated the dispute to Visa International. Visa International arranged a refund for me. However, Norton had the opportunity to reverse the refund within 30 days if they were not satisfied. They charged me again for the same amount. I reported Norton to the ACCC and the Federal Trade Commission in USA. I'm now going to bring the case to the police. Norton (also known as Symantec) is a scammer. Please AVOID their business at all costs. Please do not give them your money. Purchased in October 2021 at Norton LifeLock for $89.99.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I have Norton ultimate package and had a question that required I call the help desk. First off, everyone that I spoke to had a very thick accent and I had to ask them numerous times to repeat. First person kept putting me on hold while he worked on it with his team. Then got transferred to technical. Rep asked me my issue. I said, "Do you want me to repeat the whole thing again or would you like the case number the last guy gave me."? After a couple seconds, he took my case number, reviewed it and said that they cannot help me. Very, no extremely, disappointed by support.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

NORTON is supposed to keep your personal information safe, but for the last 5 years they have been auto-renewing an account and sending emails to an email address that is not associated with the owner of the credit card. The credit card had been closed and changed but they NORTON keep charging the new card. When confronted NORTON said that they could only refund 1 year, not the other 4 years that were never authorized. SCAM, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT - poor way to do business.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have used Norton for years. Many times I have been on decent safe and secure websites and Norton will redflag the site. I believe Norton provides its users with inaccurate information. Its algorithm will redflag anything it can just to scare you into purchasing more protection. I know this because it redflags sites I have built myself. Through Godaddy and Square. Two of the nations top companies to build websites on. That is misinformation and dishonesty at its finest. If you can't trust Norton to provide accurate information on sites, how the heck is it really protecting you? It's not. Not to mention all the marketing scams Norton runs. Upsell, upsell, upsell. Once you purchase Norton, more scammers will pretend to be Norton to scam you, then Norton will ever have to protect you from. Let that sink in. Wonder how the scammers know you just bought Norton. Hmmm. Selling data?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have had Norton security for my computer for a number of years. They are good. However when I need to cancel they tell that as the payment on the renewal was made 87 days ago I am outside the cancellation period. Now remember the the renewal date for the service did not start until 11.1.2021 and I have 60 days to cancel which I am within the time frame but because the renewal payment was made 35 days before the actual renewal date I cannot cancel and get my money back so as I have no computer for this service to be attached to I am getting service on equipment I do not have. I told Mikhil I would like to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold, came back and said he will transfer. It will take two minutes and I am still on hold half hour later and still waiting as I write this.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I've had to delete the vault and recreate it 5 times because it will not accept a password when I try to re-log into it, so I've had to constantly re-create a log-in and rebuild the vault. The product is crap!!! Do not buy it!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I purchased a Chromebook through Verizon and was looking for an antivirus before I would be using it. Since Black Friday was coming up, I received an email from Norton advertising their software with deep discounts for the first year. I decided to purchase the Norton 360 deluxe because I felt it had what I needed to feel secure on the internet. I made the purchase through Paypal and attempted to download the software to my Chromebook. I received a notification that the software was not compatible with Chromebook so I tried to contact their support team for a refund. Since the hold was going to be long, I opted to use their chat function instead. I gave all information needed for each prompt and plainly said I wanted a refund since I had no use for the product. Of course they tried to get me to keep it for another device, but I already had a service on my cell and had no need for it.

Instead of cancelling and giving me a refund, they only cancelled the resubscription in a year. They tried to be slick about it, but when you purchase with Paypal and get a refund, you receive an email, I never got an email, so I had to hold on the chat for another agent to issue the refund. I had to give the same information again. The crazy thing is I had just purchased the software and they asked me for the order number after verifying my email address and phone number. Of course I had it but it just seemed a bit much. If I had not caught them not refunding me they would have kept my money. To me, if a customer has no way of utilizing a product, they should not have to ask three times for a refund, I did. This is a terrible business practice.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The email advising me of the subscription renewal arrived the day it was due (the email said to cancel I would have to cancel 48 hours BEFORE due date). Prior years I would always have received the notice a few days before it actually went through my financial institution. It seems they are now run by Geek Squad as third-party supplier. To cancel you have to call them and jump through numerous hoops - besides the fact that they do not understand what you are telling them. They kept talking to me about my Capital One checking account, which I do not have and have never had. They speak to you like you do not know anything, when in reality it's them that do not understand.

I'm praying that the refund/charge has gone to the correct account since once we were on a TeamViewer they decided to cruise through all my open tabs and obtaining other account numbers. I was with them for YEARS. I would not trust them any longer. Geek Squad is losing business for a reason, Norton. Get rid of them and go back to an in-house customer service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have no issues with the software itself. I have an issue with dishonest marketing. I buy (or did) Norton antivirus software at Staples every year on boxing day or black Friday at an 80% discount at Staples. I purchased a couple of years ago (10 uses for $29.95). To register the product it was necessary to enter a credit card number for an already purchased product. To avoid auto renewal at regular rate auto renewal needs to be turned off. We are already in predator territory here.

I did in fact turn it off. And did not make it to Staples for my 80% discount a year later. Upon doing so this year and entering my product code I found out I had been auto renewed for $140 for what I usually pay $29.95. And I had tuned auto renew off. So I was victim of a bait and switch. I did ask for a refund due to Norton's predatory policy and was refused. I wanted to return today's inexpensive Black Friday purchase for $40 for 10 uses as I no longer trust Norton. I was refused a refund by both Staples and Norton.

So I am left with no choice but to reluctantly use the service I paid for. If you buy Norton (and I would not recommend this) - after entering the product key click and turning off auto renew click on the chat icon in your account and ask for confirmation that auto renew is turned off in your account. And click on the transcript icon at top of chat for a copy of chat. It may be the proof you need to avoid highway robbery. The fact is that Norton anti virus auto renewal process IS IN FACT A VIRUS.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I attempted to try a 14 day risk free trial of Norton 360 on the App Store. Bam!! I was immediately charged $49.99 plus sales taxes for a reoccurring 1 year subscription. I contacted PayPal, my Visa provider, Apple and then Norton. After waiting exactly 60 minutes, I spoke with Shan or something like that for 30 minutes. He blamed Apple as a 3rd party supplier. I ask for a supervisor and Rasheed or something like that wasted another 30 minutes of my time to ultimately tell me there was nothing he could do for me. Two full hours of my life that I’ll never get back. I think that’s referred to as “Pass the buck”. I can tell you one thing. They need to learn the definition of service. Then apply it accordingly.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have been a Norton customer for years, and am overall pleased with their service. Their communication system and refund policies, however, leave a lot to be desired. I underwent what most companies call a "life change" - my fiance and I started combining expenses. Because he had computer protection through another source with multiple seats that his children were also using, it made more sense for me - one person - to re-locate my computer protection to an empty seat on his plan that five others were using rather re-locate five people to my plan.

I tried to contact Norton voice support, but the automated menu would not connect me to a person. It ended the call three times when "too much background noise" prevented my response from being understood...yet all of my other responses were clear. I had to search the internet for the correct numerical sequence to bypass the system to be added to the queue for voice support. This was clearly an example of intentionally hindering customer interaction with a person.

When I finally reached an agent and requested a partial refund, I was told that since my automatic renewal was charged on 24 May 2021, the 60-day period for a full refund had expired. I clarified that I was not requesting a full refund and only wished a partial refund for the months I was not going to use. I was told that Norton did not do that. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the individual's available time to speak to me kept changing - first it was a couple of minutes, then it was ten minutes, and then it was she had no idea because of "meetings". This is a clear example of the individual's goal to force me to hang up the phone. I find this reprehensible.

The policy is unacceptably rigid, costing people who undergo situational changes outside of Norton's preferred schedule hundreds of dollars. The automated system's intentional hindrance with connection to a person, the company's policy, and the supervisor's treatment of me as a customer are unethical and disrespectful. I used to recommend Norton to friends or family looking for computer protection...as of today, that practice is over.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Since being a member of Norton Identity protection, I have gained a real sense of identity protection while online and in my email usage, as well as on social media. The price is very affordable and the customer service is very good. I would recommend Norton for anyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

They are paranoid. Just the people I want securing my devices! The customer service is excellent - they will walk you through anything you encounter. The VPN rocks, the password vault is superb (sorry, Google, you're not getting my passwords), and the app lock is convenient when you go out. Biometric access to sensitive apps. I've used Norton for 20 years. They have kept me from sketchy websites and blocked loads of crap. They handled my being hacked flawlessly. I recommend Norton360 as the top security product for computers and phones.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Have been using Norton Internet Security for years with no problem. Very satisfied with the security protection. Just renewed for another year. A few days later I wanted to remove my credit card number from my account like I had done in previous years, but found out that the only way to do this this time was to cancel my subscription. They are now holding my credit card hostage. This is very unprofessional and not in my best interest. They just want to be able to charge my card any time they want to. Shame on you Norton.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Norton keeps me safe while I browse the internet. It identifies malicious websites and also risky email and websites. With the VPN, I know I am safe while browsing the internet and none of my private information is exposed on the internet. I completely trust Norton and am very comforted Knowing they are there for me. It is well worth the cost.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I have heard about Norton, and I think it would be a good company, though I, myself, have not had any experience with any identity theft company. Norton has a good reputation, and I believe that it would be my pick, if I had any money to spend on it.

Original review: July 30, 2021

These guys, in my 3 years of of interactions with them, have proven to be a fantastic safety net against viruses and other forms of online cyber scams. My partner and 2 children also enjoy the safety and security provided by these folks. My brief interactions with other companies in the field has been overly intrusive and have ended up really complicating my daily online activities. I'll be sticking with Norton.

Original review: July 29, 2021

This is the worst antivirus software I've ever used. Slowed down my computer so much, allowed pop ups and I STILL got viruses. I would highly recommend ANY other antivirus software for any of your computers.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I discovered personal information on the dark web when I purchased Norton for my computer and phone. I feel safer knowing my information is being monitored now for an affordable price. I have access to my information at any time and I can keep up with my credit and credit scores.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Norton took out money for an auto-renewal of my subscription 3 weeks prior to the due date. They also somehow got a hold of my new debit card even though they had my old one on file. I was going to cancel the subscription because the re-newal was going to cost me triple of what I paid last year. This is a terrible practice. They need to eliminate the auto re-newal all together. I waited on hold for nearly 2 hours to speak to someone and I could barley understand them. I would not recommend norton to my worst enemy.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The protection is phenomenal and I love the VPN service. Norton keeps my computer clean from junk files. The only issue I have with Norton is that I'm always having to change my password because it seems to keep storing previous passwords. But as for the protection, I'd highly recommend it. I'm using it on two computers, a tablet and on my smartphone. I haven't had any more issues with hackers hacking my devices.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Just an amazing product. It totally did why it said it was going to do defending my computer till the end my computer. Ran 100% better once I added the product to my computer. I noticed last Trojan were on my computer after I added the application

Original review: June 19, 2021

I have trusted Norton for many years. They are trustworthy and give good info about anything strange going on with my laptop. I trust them and feel they are the best out there. I recommend Norton to all of my friends.

Original review: June 18, 2021

It's a large download and customer service is hard to get help from. But it works and updates itself and includes some identity protection with Lifelock. It also protects devices if you have storage space. Price good. Wouldn't be without

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information