Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: March 25, 2021

Beware, Norton will attempt to bill you for years once you subscribe. Even after you cancel. I have cancelled more than once and every year, they bill me again. Even when I dispute it, they STILL bill me.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I originally paid for a subscription for 1 PC Norton 360 back in 2014 for £14.99 on auto-renewal. I was happy to pay more on auto-renewal but later on this was increased to £79.99 and increased further this year to £89.99 and changed to a 3 PC subscription (without my agreement/consent) which I do not need and have never used. I would not have noticed this if not for the attempt to move Norton to my new laptop failed. Numerous contacts to chats and on their helpline were completely unhelpful with regards to refunding the fraudulently obtained subscription and to install Norton on the new laptop. Simply absolutely awful!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been a customer of Norton for some years - one fatal mistake - this company is not alone in taking advantage of auto-renewal customers. Challenged Norton and one online chat disconnected after posing some questions. Next agent just as determined not to answer straightforward questions. This year Norton Auto renewed for £75.00. Could have purchased the same product from them less than 25.00 others 21.00. Don't AUTO RENEW - simply shop and save yourself a fortune.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I spent the day downloading all the information I wanted protected (credit cards, bank accounts etc), then moved on to the family device monitoring section. I followed instructions to download parental monitoring for my 4 children's computers. All seemed to be working except one child's device seemed not to be "monitored" despite downloading the software correctly, as I had with the other 3 kids' devices. I called tech support and asked her why the one child's device was not being monitored. She proceeded to walk me through a series of steps that seemed very much like I was starting all over from scratch. I told her several times that I do not want to start from scratch but just need to find out about one of the 6 devices I was monitoring.

She did not listen to my query but seemed to be reading from a script and going down a pathway for a problem that I did not have. Her actions ended up erasing all the work I had done the day before and after 2 hours and passing the control of my computer to her, she had messed everything up so badly that she said that someone else will need to step in. She told me to call back and ask to speak with someone who specialized in Family monitoring part of Norton. I did and again waited 20" on hold and had to start over again. That person then told me that the previous tech person had logged on too many times and that I had to wait an hour to try again. He conveyed that he would make a note in the record that I was to be connected to a supervisor when I called back in one hour.

Keep in mind, that I have to wait on hold to be connected to a human being for 20 minutes minimum (and sometimes much longer). So then in the next call, the tech person said she is working from home and cannot remotely assist me and to try back in a few hours. It has been 2 days and my account is in complete shambles, no monitoring being done at all and I have wasted so so so so much time!! I wish I had never signed up with Norton. There are so many other parental monitoring programs - I will now start over with someone else and cancel my subscription with Norton.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Bought Norton 360 with LifeLock. Tried logging on. Would not allow log in with password. Called customer service to help. After a 20 min wait had me change the password 3 times before it allowed access on my PC but would not allow access on my phones. Got logged on the computer but had to be transferred for the mobile phone problems and a 20 min wait. When putting in information for the LIFELOCK portion it would log the numbers in backwards. Had to be transferred for that problem and a 20 min wait. Nobody was able to help at their outsourced customer service.

When I finally got fed up with deciphering broken English I requested USA tech support. Still got outsourced to another foreign country after another 20 min hold on the phone where I was told that its another department and another 20 min wait to get help with that problem. Mobile phones was another department and PC support was a separate department. Finally cancelled my order that I had just purchased 2 hours ago. 2 hours I had spent trying to get Norton installed on my PC and phones. It should never be that difficult an endeavor to install an antivirus on a persons equipment. The only time I didn't have a wait time or spoke with someone from the States is when they took my order and my money for their lousy service.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I purchased a computer that had Norton loaded. I removed Norton using the standard Windows utility for removal. I was then instructed to reboot for the changes to take effect. Upon restart, Windows informed me that the PC could not boot, and after attempting system repair, it informed me that it was not repairable. Do not install this software on your computer.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Norton puts this crooked renewal agreement into the terms and conditions to now boost up their new scam. Found it on my credit card statement and since I was two days past their refund policy... Ha Ha you're outta luck sucker even though I haven't used it for months because I moved and couldn't get decent internet service. Charged the absolute top dollar with no discounts which is three times what I paid initially. The world is going criminal as though they don't make mega-millions in profits already. Years ago I had issues with glitches in my computer and they tried to hard sell me into getting a service agreement to fix the problem, another way to line their pockets.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Updated on 01/27/2021: Hello Customer Service and Managers, Stop, stop, stop! This is my third complaint here and on Yelp that you are "blowing up my email folder". As previously stated, this is a desperate attempt to add customers for your antivirus database. Also, I have never used your product and/or will not buy it in the future. Your courtesy and cooperation in this regard is appreciated. Cynthia S, Morro Bay, CA

Original Review: I previously called the customer service team requesting that Norton "stop" blowing up my email account. Also, informed that it takes up to 10 days to be removed from their list. This is unacceptable and I will never use Norton's product. Cynthia S.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have used Nord along with Norton 360 deluxe for over six years without problems, this year I can only use one or the other, so don't by Norton, it is a waste of money, Nord has perfect 100% reliability, Norton zero.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Unfortunately will now live in an era where we do all the work for these USA companies. Who tempt us with great technology & fall down on the basics when it comes to Customer Service! We originally were Sold a CD Disc, Took in Home, Plugged it into the Internet & hey presto were quickly in Business. Now we have to put up with Scratching a Card, which in my case eliminated a few of the Numbers. Can I get a REFUND? Just Try. This like many other Scams running through our Society is something we are supposed to expect. Unfortunately it is now happening on many fronts these days & companies Like Norton & Others must be aware these problems will arise. And what do they do about it? Zilch. Another little earner for Norton & Others.

In the Past Companies would bend over backwards to retain your Custom. Today you wait hours on the Phone, wasting precious time (that's if you are lucky & they actually have a phone) or maybe your luck is in as a un-intelligible Indian Dialect comes across the airwaves who are deliberately provided to ensure your frustration reaches fever pitch. This is no derision of the Indian Race, as they have been hand-picked at being able to cope with all the abuse they undoubtedly have to put up with. This is the point where giving up usually succeeds & Norton have made another little earner, without lifting a finger. Whilst my Meagre Bank Balance sinks even deeper into a quagmire of Despair, whilst I watch their shares growing sizeably on the the US & UK Stock Markets.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information