Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $39.99 for the first year. Select new plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

For the past 6 or so months, I've gone round and round with Norton customer service trying to combine my Norton and Lifelock accounts. I've had Norton for maybe 15 years; so before the Lifelock merger. Other than to keep telling me they can't find my Lifelock, no one is resolving the matter.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Excellent suite of online and personal security tools. Super monitoring of online activities. Initial cost is very good but renewals are sneakily expensive. Cust Service/help is very good.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Norton Security has included Identity Protection over the past three years. This is so convenient because most of us have a computer. Norton also monitors the dark web.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Bought 1 year pre-paid Subscription (at low price) but condition was "Credit Card or Paypal required for activation and use." Deal was "renews Automatically each year" but once we activated Norton 360 charged the credit card $117.00. Just assume if Norton have only 1 million customers then they made 117 Millions dollars for nothing. I believe 2-3% person like me checked their Credit Card Bills. And I checked my cc bills due to Covid-19 no income and it's hard to pay bill. By disputing I got Credit of $117.00 but issue is how a renowned company like Norton do that kind of Fraud. It's a mater of Shame.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I obtained Norton Life Lock 360 because of identity theft issues that I found on my credit report. I paid for a year in advance so that I didn't have money automatically taken from my account. They never handled my original identity theft issues, but DID give ME instructions on how to take care of it myself. (Mind you, I had the most expensive/thorough account from the beginning).

I called for A NEW identity theft occurrence and couldn't pass their security questions, because THEY had inaccurate information on my past (possibly due to identity theft)... An hour and 15 minutes after I tried and TRIED to work through their incompetency, I asked them to cancel my membership and pro-rate the 163 days remaining that I had on my membership. The supervisor (whom I was transferred to early on in my phone call) informed me that she was unable to cancel my membership, but would put my account into the "Escalation Team" for review. "If they deem it appropriate, they will cancel your membership and decide if they will pro-rate the balance back to you."

Now I wait, she had no time frame to share with me about ANY of it. When I asked her for a phone number, fax number, mailing address or email address for the Escalation Team she responded that they did not have any of that contact information. The only contact information that she had to share with me was... 800-LIFELOCK (which has more #'s than a regular phone number even). I will NEVER but ANYTHING Norton for the remaining of my years!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I had been a customer of Norton Lifelock 360, for a year, and in the beginning everything was working great. But, after a while I started having problems, which they support techs were great at fixing, until recently. Their internet security software stopped working, and no matter how many times, I tried, uninstalling/reinstalling their software, it still would not work properly. So, then I contacted their support team, and matters just got worse. They were rude, never helped me find the five Trojan viruses infecting my devices, and seemed somewhat unconcern with my dissatisfactory.

As a result, of their software failing, I have to purchase a new laptop, and trying to get any reimbursement from Norton, is next to impossible. They keep apologizing for my bad luck and offering to give me two months free of one of their services. If you are looking for internet security software do not go with Norton 'cause it's obvious they just don't care about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I have had nothing but problems with this. The product keeps telling me I have security risks and that I am offline, but with everything I have tried I cannot get it fixed. I can't get them to help with my issues. I feel this is the biggest waste of money because I have never had the issues I am having with any other security company. I am very disappointed with this and will never use them again.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Norton Secure VPN is a terrible product riding on the coattails of Norton's virus protection legacy reputation. I have had Norton's Security and VPN service for 18 months. It has not worked properly for any of that time.

1) Secure VPN will not automatically connect. Period. You are forced to quit it, then relaunch it every time you connect to the internet. Ridiculous.
2) When using the VPN, it will not allow you to connect to ad links resulting from google searches. Absurd.
3) It measurably slows down the interoperability of many sites.
4) Norton Secure VPN does not allow for consistent, reliable connections to services such as Quickbooks.

5) It is so bad, that 3 of the 4 people for whom it was installed on laptops, desktops (both Apple and Windows), and mobile phones, have given up trying to use it.

When attempting to contact Norton for tech support, you wait on hold for 25 minutes, only to be connected with an off-shore call center which has a connection making the person whom you are speaking sound like they're in an auto-tuned music video. The wait time is an insult to you, and they obviously do not respect or value you as a customer. The fact that they have such low quality connections also demonstrates that they simply do not care about actually helping a paying subscriber.

When attempting to initiate a Chat session, you are routed in circles, filling out the same form over and over again, and never being allowed to actually initiate the chat. They have invested time and effort building a support database, but if your solution is not found, they simply have no interest in actually having contact with you. It would be bad enough if they simply had a poorly performing product, but to add insult to injury by raising prices, and then not offering actual support is offensive. I can not warn you away from this product strongly enough.

Original review: July 28, 2020

This is the most inept, comically bungling and time wasting company that in my 72 years I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with!! I was disconnected no less than 4 times after being placed on hold. I spoke to no less than 6 separate CSR’s. I truly believe that they do this on purpose because they fear retribution from their supervisors for losing a customer and/or handling an irritated subscriber. In less than 18 months they’ve charged me No less than 3 times totaling $204.00.

Original review: July 24, 2020

This is THE WORST experience I have ever had. Signed up in June after my husband and my identities were stolen. But couldn't get my husband's account to open. Only was able to access my account. Numerous calls to this company trying to figure it out. The wait time alone is about 40 minutes. Once you get connected to a rep and go through the whole issue, they tell you that they need to transfer you to Norton Lifelock as they are only Norton. Another 40 minutes to get to someone.

This literally took 3 weeks for them to get it figured out and hours - and I am not exaggerating here - HOURS on the phone with them. They sent me to their Cyber Security team to try and figure out why his account could not get accessed and then wanted to send me back to the tech team - the tech team wanted to send me to Cyber Security. Meanwhile, I hired this company to protect our assets and we couldn't access or protect my husband's holdings during this time.

At one point, I asked the rep to send me to a manager. The rep asked me why I wanted to talk to a manager. I told him because I am a paying customer and I want to speak to a manager now. He said - direct words, "it's not going to happen". He would not transfer me to a manager. We had to verbally give my husband's private information over the phone to a rep. What is secure in telling a complete stranger all of your financial information over the phone when this is information that is supposed to be able to enter in their 'safe' application. So we are now giving a total stranger all of my husband's personal information so we could at least have his information protected. They ended up having to delete his account and re-enter it before it worked. They gave us 3 months free for the inconvenience.

Then, the accounts they were supposed to monitor kept disconnecting. They send you an alert telling you this. Daily, I had to relink at least 4 accounts so they could continue to monitor it only to get another alert that they were disconnected again. They tried to tell me that the institutions that were dropping must be going through an update on their own site. Every day? And different accounts continually randomly dropping? My bank is going through an update every day? I don't think so. What good is a security company who is supposed to monitor any suspicious activity if they cannot stay linked to your information?

So I called and went through the whole process of waiting and being transferred and getting disconnected with this company. They tell you they will have someone reach out to you when it is resolved. A whole week goes by and we had to call them to find out the status. They give you a case number on the original problem but when you tell them what that is, they tell you that case number is closed.

I sent an email to the president of the company with all of my complaints. Never heard from him. On my daily calls - and yes, they were daily - to Norton, I was finally sent to a manager. Told him all of the issues and the lack of help and the no follow up. He assured me he would get things settled. Gave me his name - Josh and his ID number and that he isn't going to apologize about what happened because he believes in getting things fixed. Gave us another free month of service for the inconvenience. Said he was going to call me back in 48 hours. Never happened.

I called back wanting to speak to Josh. No one knew who he was. At this point, we had had enough. We'd only been with Norton for one month and it was a continuous headache with no resolution. We cancelled on July 9. Got the case numbers for both accounts. You'd think that would be the end, wouldn't you. Not with this scam of a company. My husband received an email stating his credit score was available on Norton. The account is supposed to be CLOSED. Called Norton demanding this account be closed. They weren't going to do it because they needed to speak with my husband (who was at work). I told them they'd better damn well close it as we called individually on 7/9 to cancel the accounts and we had the case numbers.

The only reason they closed it was because I was the one who was the primary account holder and used my credit card to pay for services. They wanted to know if we would be interested in keeping the service and giving us 40 percent off! I laughed. I've already been given 4 months of free service, now they are giving me 40 percent off to continue. I said absolutely not. They wanted to keep the account open for the free months we were to receive. I said absolutely not. I don't care if they gave me this service for free. It was a complete mess and they do not resolve any issues.

My uncle signed up when we did and he cancelled the same day we did due to all of what was happening, as well. My uncle prepaid for his year and they refunded the remaining balance. Then a month later, THEY REINSTATED HIM AND CHARGED HIS CARD. Had to call them again to remove that balance and told them this was a fraudulent transaction. They offered him a 40 percent discount to stay on and also were going to keep him on for another month.

I have warned all of my family and friends about this company and hope that you can dodge going with this company by my experience. We went with Identity Guard, which has been rated #1 for the past 10 years in customer satisfaction. I wish I had done my homework instead of listening to the continual Norton LifeLock commercials. Identity Guard is also about $300 cheaper annually than Norton, as well. You get a person on the phone immediately and they go through everything with you. I hope this is the end of my interactions with Norton Lifelock. Cannot stress enough to stay clear of this company.

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information