Accredited Partner

Norton

The Norton Brand is part of NortonLifeLock Inc.

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Norton offers online protection for your computer, tablet or smartphone. Choose from a variety of plans starting at just $5.99 depending on your needs. New plans offer LifeLock Identity Theft Protection and enhanced security for all your devices to give you the peace of mind that your personal data is kept secure.

Norton Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norton?

Original review: July 24, 2020

This is THE WORST experience I have ever had. Signed up in June after my husband and my identities were stolen. But couldn't get my husband's account to open. Only was able to access my account. Numerous calls to this company trying to figure it out. The wait time alone is about 40 minutes. Once you get connected to a rep and go through the whole issue, they tell you that they need to transfer you to Norton Lifelock as they are only Norton. Another 40 minutes to get to someone.

This literally took 3 weeks for them to get it figured out and hours - and I am not exaggerating here - HOURS on the phone with them. They sent me to their Cyber Security team to try and figure out why his account could not get accessed and then wanted to send me back to the tech team - the tech team wanted to send me to Cyber Security. Meanwhile, I hired this company to protect our assets and we couldn't access or protect my husband's holdings during this time.

At one point, I asked the rep to send me to a manager. The rep asked me why I wanted to talk to a manager. I told him because I am a paying customer and I want to speak to a manager now. He said - direct words, "it's not going to happen". He would not transfer me to a manager. We had to verbally give my husband's private information over the phone to a rep. What is secure in telling a complete stranger all of your financial information over the phone when this is information that is supposed to be able to enter in their 'safe' application. So we are now giving a total stranger all of my husband's personal information so we could at least have his information protected. They ended up having to delete his account and re-enter it before it worked. They gave us 3 months free for the inconvenience.

Then, the accounts they were supposed to monitor kept disconnecting. They send you an alert telling you this. Daily, I had to relink at least 4 accounts so they could continue to monitor it only to get another alert that they were disconnected again. They tried to tell me that the institutions that were dropping must be going through an update on their own site. Every day? And different accounts continually randomly dropping? My bank is going through an update every day? I don't think so. What good is a security company who is supposed to monitor any suspicious activity if they cannot stay linked to your information?

So I called and went through the whole process of waiting and being transferred and getting disconnected with this company. They tell you they will have someone reach out to you when it is resolved. A whole week goes by and we had to call them to find out the status. They give you a case number on the original problem but when you tell them what that is, they tell you that case number is closed.

I sent an email to the president of the company with all of my complaints. Never heard from him. On my daily calls - and yes, they were daily - to Norton, I was finally sent to a manager. Told him all of the issues and the lack of help and the no follow up. He assured me he would get things settled. Gave me his name - Josh and his ID number and that he isn't going to apologize about what happened because he believes in getting things fixed. Gave us another free month of service for the inconvenience. Said he was going to call me back in 48 hours. Never happened.

I called back wanting to speak to Josh. No one knew who he was. At this point, we had had enough. We'd only been with Norton for one month and it was a continuous headache with no resolution. We cancelled on July 9. Got the case numbers for both accounts. You'd think that would be the end, wouldn't you. Not with this scam of a company. My husband received an email stating his credit score was available on Norton. The account is supposed to be CLOSED. Called Norton demanding this account be closed. They weren't going to do it because they needed to speak with my husband (who was at work). I told them they'd better damn well close it as we called individually on 7/9 to cancel the accounts and we had the case numbers.

The only reason they closed it was because I was the one who was the primary account holder and used my credit card to pay for services. They wanted to know if we would be interested in keeping the service and giving us 40 percent off! I laughed. I've already been given 4 months of free service, now they are giving me 40 percent off to continue. I said absolutely not. They wanted to keep the account open for the free months we were to receive. I said absolutely not. I don't care if they gave me this service for free. It was a complete mess and they do not resolve any issues.

My uncle signed up when we did and he cancelled the same day we did due to all of what was happening, as well. My uncle prepaid for his year and they refunded the remaining balance. Then a month later, THEY REINSTATED HIM AND CHARGED HIS CARD. Had to call them again to remove that balance and told them this was a fraudulent transaction. They offered him a 40 percent discount to stay on and also were going to keep him on for another month.

I have warned all of my family and friends about this company and hope that you can dodge going with this company by my experience. We went with Identity Guard, which has been rated #1 for the past 10 years in customer satisfaction. I wish I had done my homework instead of listening to the continual Norton LifeLock commercials. Identity Guard is also about $300 cheaper annually than Norton, as well. You get a person on the phone immediately and they go through everything with you. I hope this is the end of my interactions with Norton Lifelock. Cannot stress enough to stay clear of this company.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Have had this system for approx 18 months. Seems to have been working well until this week, when it just stopped. Unable to ‘restore purchase’ to re-activate the program. Tried all the usual by uninstalling/deleting the App and reinstalling. Checked I had the latest Apple iOS. So called in to Support. After being asked to do all these things (Again) whilst on the phone, I was told it could be a wait of between 7 to 10 working days for a tech to help me. Flabbergasted...

Original review: July 18, 2020

As a subscriber for Norton Antivirus I tried to login in to the account and find the Auto Renew option so I could turn it OFF. I went thru all the their links and menus and could not find how to turn off Auto Renew. I sent them an email asking for the link to turn off Auto Renew and got no answer. So I decided to close the credit card that I have put for the Norton account. Precisely one month before my yearly subscription expired they tried to Auto Renew without my consent and of course the payment failed because I had already closed my credit card. Norton was trying to Auto Renew without me getting a chance to review what protection plan prices they decided to Auto Renew (normally they Auto Renew at the highest prices). This is not a good business practice so I have decided to uninstall Norton Antivirus and subscribe to another company.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Immediately after installing I noticed slower processing times on all applications, from web browser to Outlook to opening control panel - all indicated “....not responding” notices for several minutes before eventually opened. Seems to be very bad compatibility with Microsoft 365. Things are bad with iPhone app as well - as soon as it was installed I had difficulty opening websites because it said internet connection couldn’t be found. This happens when I’m several yards to just a few inches from my WiFi. Everything worked fine for years until I installed Norton 360 and then the issues started. Seems like a half-baked system and very poor and slow customer service. Since installing Norton 360 I’ve spent much more time on hold or with tech help folks. It’s a joke of a product from what used to be a reputable antivirus software company.

Original review: June 12, 2020

We used Norton Security Suite for years without any problems. In the past few months they decided to update their service by becoming Norton Lifelock 360. They sent emails saying they were going to start backing up our devices to their automatic cloud backup service etc. without even asking for our permission to do so. We do not want our devices backed up to the cloud. I tried emailing them about this and never got a reply. We cancelled the service and removed it from our devices, but we're still getting their annoying emails. When I logged on to the old account a few minutes ago, the site wouldn't let me access my account to stop getting the emails. Instead it insisted that I click on an Agree button to allow it to start monitoring me. I did not agree and exited my browser. This company has become extremely invasive and does not respect the privacy or wishes of their customers. We will never use them again.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Kept getting reminders that my Norton was about to expire. Went on EBay to get an economical replacement and found the same supplier I had used a year earlier. Bought a digital key renewal at less than a quarter of the price that Norton were prompting me for. Installing the key to renew was difficult but not impossible. After renewal, it told me that I had 366 days left to next renewal, despite the fact that I had installed it 28 days before the old subscription expired, they stole 27 days from me. Tried to complain, twice, with no response, telephone complaints are impossible, as other reviewers have noted. Good product, hopeless organisation!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I was automatically renewed for VPN without advance notice - not at the $49.99 advertised rate, but they billed me $86. Try to cancel and get the promised refund? Good luck. No email add given. Called - 2 hours on hold and hung up. Went to chat. Estimated time - 2 hours 26 minutes. 3 hours 13 minutes waiting and then estimated time added 22 more minutes. It is 12:11 am and I need to go to bed. What a bunch of crap. I will also cancel my other Norton services over this.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have been using Norton for about 10 months now and immediately experienced the difference between it and my former free version of another brand. Also, LifeLock came with the package. At the same time I added Web Ad Blocker. Now I can work, surf, shop and communicate with no fear of viruses and Ad free interruption.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I did not consent to an automatic renewal of an annual subscription - especially because the software bogged down my computer. However, I was blindsided by a charge on my credit card. And after 4 hours on the phone, I was disconnected. I called a second time and was disconnected after 4 hours again. And there is no option to send an email or leave a message anywhere. So I was left with no choice but to dispute the charge on my card. Use Webroot or any other software - just not Norton.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Norton premium price is real cheap but you need a credit card to install, And then if you forget it, it will auto refills at full price, Next the Norton 360 has many problems with Windows 7 and 8.1, You don't have full protection in some areas, Next their customer service is the worse. I had to call 6 times in a row because I could NOT understand what they were saying, In other words they speak very poor English, And even then the customer rep had to look up my question answer, Thank God the store I purchase from let me return it for a full refund even after installing it and finding all the problems, And even after uninstalling norton some part were hiding on my my computer, Had to to clean swipe all the computers,

(formerly Norton Antivirus) Company Information