Ford Focus

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Traded my truck for a Ford Focus to have better gas mileage. Three months in, had issues with the car, dealership fixed the problem, but now they won't help me with the other issues it is having, like with the steering, saying it's used. Went to make a turn I've done everyday for last several months, car didn't turn, and went into the ditch, now it's at the Collisoin Center. Researched the vehicle and Ford has 24+ recalls on this vehicle, and nobody is doing anything, the steering issue is dangerous and should have been recalled but wasn't. Ford saying it wasn't a problem and no one had been injured because of it, only have had the car for 1 1/2 years, this car should be removed from everyone's stock and not be sold, it's a lemon made by Ford. I only have this vehicle to get to work, now I don't have anything to drive. Ford should be held responsible for this vehicle, I could have been killed or killed someone else. Just lucky it was only me in my car.

I bought a 2014 Ford Focus in December '13. The car has been absolutely horrible and a huge safety hazard. I later found out that all Ford Focus models have the same issue. The transmission is faulty and the car continuously shakes, grinds, shudders, stops, and jerks while driving. I have brought this concern up to the dealership numerous times and nothing has been done to alleviate my concern. The service manager and mechanics accept the issue but they don't do anything to fix it. THIS WAS MY WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER AND THIS CAR IS A HUGE SAFETY HAZARD. DON'T BUY ANY FORDS. The customer service is very unpleasant and the cars are absolutely faulty and unsafe.

I am the owner of a 2015 Ford Focus. Unfortunately I cannot say it has been a positive experience. When I purchased the car I noticed the transmission lunging and slipping in and out of gear. I took in the car to one of our local Ford Dealerships here in El Paso, Tx in January 2017. They replaced the clutch, and now March 13, 2017 it's in again for repair doing the same lunging forward and slipping in and out of gear. Unfortunately they don't loan a car to valued customer. Several days with no transportation. Now to wait for how long will the Ford Dealership have our daily transportation. I would advise future customers to do a full investigation on this model before you sign on the dotted line. Or any other brand.

I've been an owner of a 2014 Ford Focus going on 2 years & I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO BUY THIS CRAP. When I first bought the car in 2015 the dealer told me that the jerking I felt was because it was a gas saver, he LIED. It has gotten worst over time and 3 weeks ago my car engine light came on while I was driving on the interstate and my car just stop driving, was still running but not going anywhere and I could've been killed. Thank God I was able to hurry up and pull over. I took my car to the dealership and it took them 3 weeks to call me.

About my car saying it's not them TCM they was able to reset it but it was my clutch and it will cost about 1900$. I'm not paying for something that is not my fault. Ford knows that this is their fault and they need to fix the crap at their expense or recall call these cars that are having these issues instead of selling people these lemons trying to make us pay for it. I've been having troubles with this car & I wish I've never bought it.

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus, including the original, I have gone through 5 transmissions. Ford has replaced them all for free and extended the warranty to 100,000 miles. Now I have 60k miles on the car. Ford tech said this will never be fixed and in 2018 they are coming out with a new clutch. I have wasted my money, purchasing this car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

I purchased my 2013 Ford Focus in 2014. While test driving the car sputtered. I thought that it was strung but the salesman said it was normal. I purchased it anyway but the sputtering and jerking began to get worse. I took it in they said they reset it and it would be ok. It drove fine for about a month and the problem continued.

In June of 2016 I had my son take it in because I was out of town. The dealership told me that it would be $125 charge for them to diagnose the car to find the problem, I told him the extended warranty notice stated I could bring it in as many times as needed without a charge. That was not the case. I paid for the diagnosis and was told that the clutch was going bad. Fast forward to present day 2/25/17. My car starting jerking on the highway and stalling, RPM went haywire and then the car stopped. It's at the shop now and I was told the clutch needs to be replace and it would cost me $2000. Ford Motor Company needs to take responsibility and repair every car with this transmission malfunction.

I purchased my 2012 Focus in 2014. I have nothing but issues with the car taking off shuttering and not having power. I also had it to where it would not even start. Now the shuttering is still the same and the last time I had it fixed it hasn't even went ten thousand miles yet and it's doing it again. They fixed the door recall latch so they say, but they said the shuttering is not bad enough to diagnose. I think Ford owes Consumers something for this to be such a huge problem. I will never buy another Ford. I will also be passing along this info as well and make it known to not waste your money on a car that a Company doesn't even stand behind their product. Worst car I have ever owned.

I financed my Ford Focus almost three years ago and it was the most beautiful car I ever purchased and it sat on the floor not outside. I never test drove it but drove a Fusion. The same day driving it home I stopped by my sister's home to let her see it and my nephew got in back. He shut the door only to be locked in. No it was not on childlock. The whole door had to be replaced. I let my sister drive it the next day while I was at work to run my errands and she was telling me how it shuttered. I have an automatic so it's not the clutch. I thought maybe it was trash in the system so I used a fuel cleaner. I could hear my valves rattle so I keep the oil changed. Nothing I have tried has helped with this shutter. It's a beautiful red car to act up like that especially with an extra 10k on the price tag.

Has taken my car in with transmission issues. 2 dealerships have checked it. One said it needed clutch, but did not get to it. I called to check on how long before I can pick up car. Service guy said they was working on it. To make story short he lied after face to face contact. At that time they had my car sitting park in lot and never touched it until I told him I will take car to another dealership. The car had sit there over a week and they was telling me they was working on it.

All types of lies I was given. Ran into problem in shop, at that time they never move the car or touch it while lie into me they was working on it. I cannot get any dealership to fix my transmission. I would like know why Ford want purchase these cars back. This is the first Ford car I have purchased and last. Need to find out what can I do to get rid of this junk. This went in the shop a week after I purchase it, there had been nothing but stuttering, jerking, noise, you name it. I will never purchase another FORD.

I am the unfortunate owner of a 2013 Ford Focus. I have owned the car exactly a year. When I first bought it used from dealer I noticed a shuddering with acceleration. I took it in and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I had to get used to driving that since it drove much different than my Accord. I just kept thinking it was me. Flash-forward to this January. I am driving on interstate doing 70 and car stalls. Without warning. RPMs will skyrocket but car won't move. Transmission failure pops up. In the middle of this I am almost ran over by a logging truck. I get towed home. I take it in to Ford. They said it's covered and they "repair it" for free. I take it home, drive less than 50 miles and it begins to shudder and lurch me forward. The terrible road noise returns when speed's between 45-60.

I take it back. They "look at it" and say the codes don't appear and when driving it on the roads that don't go to that speed limi they can't get it to recreate. They keep brushing it off. I take it home driving about 50 miles. The car stalls uphill on interstate going 75. Again I am almost hit several times before I can get to the shoulder. RPMs skyrocket and I can't go. I pull over and then it off. Then it won't start. I finally get it to start and the shuddering is worse than before. It feels like someone is quickly slamming on the brakes between gears. Again 3rd visit to Ford and they say it can't be the 14m01 and 14m02 again and I'll be alright.

Well I take it home and it does it again. I call Ford. The lady said it matches all symptoms but she can't force repairs. Ford will not help past the first extended warranty repair. My car has dropped a lot in value. Not all repairs are on Carfax either. I can't even get rid of this car since it's basically valueless. Ford should buy this back above value and let me drive something I don't fear for my life in. This has gotten ridiculous.

Ok here's my story. I owned a 2014 Ford Focus. Nice looking car, red with tinted windows, bought it brand new. Car gave me problems at 2000 miles. Transmission light came on. Ok I said I'll take to the dealer. I took it at 5000 miles for the same reason and they said it's normal because I was pushing on the brake too much... Like stuck in traffic. I said ok sooo... Well they come with clutches and when you brake the clutches are on the transmission. Ok no one told me this when I bought it. Well I went off on the road again. The car begin to shudder at 10000 miles. Just bad got tired of it at 22000 miles. Went back to dealer and they said "you need new clutches." Ok put them on. Free. The car worked good for 3 months.

From 30000 miles to 440000 car would stall. Turn off by itself. RPMs would be at 2500 just parked or stuck in a red light... Left me stranded a couple of times. Went back again at 44000 miles. Told me "you need new clutches again." I said "** I'm filing lemon law case." I got a lawyer, filed Sept 2016 and now I can say I won my case. Ford bought my car back... Paid off my loan at 15k and gave me some money back. So to all the people that spend their hard earn money to buy yourself a vehicle... File a lemon law case. Get your money back.

Purchased a 2014 Focus in October 2016 with 20,000 miles from local Ford Dealer. Within a couple weeks I had to have clutch put in automatic transmission (shuttering - feels like someone that doesn't know how to drive with a clutch). Started reading up on issues online this is not a few vehicle with this issue. Was not a happy camper since I paid cash and now do not have the option money to put out on another vehicle. I asked for my money back but they seem to think this was all a joke. "All is being handling under warranty". Ok - however approx 2000 miles since the first clutch repair and the vehicle needs to go back into shop for same problem "shuttering". Consumer has to take off work to get vehicle back to the shop and find a way back and forth to work and home. I bought the car so I would have reliable transportation!

The dealer was aware of the issue and said they cannot replace the clutch until it is purchased and a warranty claim is made...WHAT. You willing state you knew but sold the vehicle and still are selling these vehicles with the problems not being corrected. Therefore, I have to take off work, find a vehicle or ride to work while my car is back in the shop. All the dealer can say is "it is a Ford issue" not the dealer. Funny I thought a Ford Dealer represented the manufacturer since that is what they sell. There seems to be no fixes for this issue except to continue returning and having the same issue fixed with the same issues. VW was made to be fair with the purchasers due to their error. Why isn't Ford responsible and giving us the option of returning our money that we have put out on purchase and I don't mind stating w/ tax I paid just over $15,000 and two weeks later the trade in value for this vehicle was $7000!! A great loss in value.

Shame on Ford especially from the clients that have stood behind them for years. I now know why others seek our foreign made vehicles! The Ford Focus is the worse vehicle I have owned. Another word of caution you will not get the gas mileage they state. I was getting 28 and as the clutch problem becomes more advanced your gas mileage will drop. I take my car back in this Wed and right now gas mileage is down to 26 and I am driving the same roads and speeds everyday. Where is the manufacturer and who holds them responsible!

January 12, 2016 I leased a 2015 Ford Focus with only 31 miles on it. The end of January I noticed quite a bit of shuttering but was told that the car will start driving correctly once I put 1500 miles on it and that it just needs to get used to my driving habits. As the next month came it continued to get worse so I took the car into the Ford Store in Morgan Hill in March to find out that I needed a new clutch. That was ordered and installed in April. The car continued to shutter, hesitate, and rattle. I've taken it in about 8-10 times within a year of having it. Each time they give me the same answer "It isn't giving us the number we need to see to have Ford engineering approve us to fix it." I've even mentioned that I feel unsafe while driving this vehicle because a few times on the freeway it didn't want to accelerate while merging on the freeway and I almost got hit by a Semi Truck.

I was given the number from the service advisor to file for a buy back if the problems continue, which they did so I filed a claim. The claim was denied and I was given no info on why. The Ford regional Manager of the San Francisco Region was supposed to call me with an answer but she explained it was denied by emails. The emails were addressed to a Mr. so I am assuming she didn't look into the case because I am a Ms. I have continued taking it in and recently got connected with the owner of the Morgan Hill dealership (Tim **) son in law whose name is Ryan. He sent me some deals he worked out on a trade in but I would have to purchase a 2017 or lease a vehicle that I did not like if I wanted to pay around the same price I am now. He said it was too late to get out of my lease but I could sell it to a private dealership if I wanted to. He did recommend that I have his technicians look at my vehicle one more time.

I started noticing a burning chemical smell that was so foul that I had to roll my windows down to breathe without it feeling like I was going to pass out so I took it in one more time. They had my vehicle for another 5 days and found a tag from a manufacturer part stuck in my exhaust pipe. The service advisor said that it was a coolant hose tag, and it was burning and melting which was the smell I was smelling. He said they would send it along with the results to Ford Engineering and give copies of everything to Ryan as well so we could look into a better deal with a buy back. I didn't hear from anyone for about a week so I sent an email and received a call from Ryan almost immediately. He stated that he had no idea what he was supposed to call me about but that he wasn't going to do a buy back and my only options were what he already worked out for me.

So I continue to drive my car that they say is fine, and that they say they are doing everything to help me but Ford Engineering will not agree to fix. This is my first experience with a dealership, and the reason why I went with Ford was because I wanted a dealership I could trust. This dealership was also referred to me from my boyfriend at the time who purchased a vehicle there a few weeks prior. When I was in the process of leasing the car my credit was not too good so the owner of the Ford Store called the bank who was going to give me the loan, and he had them do this favor for him so I could get the vehicle.

I feel like I am being taken advantage of not only as a consumer but a woman. If I was a man I don't think they would be giving me the runaround. I pay my payments on time and just want a vehicle I can feel safe in. I'm driving around in a vehicle that I can not drive more than 45 miles because of how bad it shutters after, I can not do my after work errands because of the shuttering and rattling sound it makes after stop lights and stop signs. I am limited to where I drive my brand new vehicle because it only does well on roads that do not have an incline. My vehicle does not even have 12,000 miles on it and it already feels like it's ready to give up.

I purchased a 2015 Ford Focus for my wife Sept 2016. I'm so disappointed with this car. And can you believe how much the value drop on this car because of the transmission. The problem we have when taking off, it feels like the car is jerking. I must say it a pretty car with a bad transmission and need to be recalled, or give owners full price on trade in.

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus last year from CarMax and my experience has been awful. When I hit the gas to take off, the car shudders and even stalls sometimes, jerking me backward. The design is nice but the parts and build is terrible. The car has under 40,000 miles and the ride is rough. I can feel the car shift. This was my first car purchase and I regret it. This morning, out of nowhere, a transmission fail alert light came on along with my check engine light. I had to get the car towed to CarMax. This car has under 40,000 miles on it. I wish I had bought a different brand. Please don't buy this brand. A few months ago, my seat belt malfunctioned and CarMax had to fix it. CarMax has been lovely, this car is a piece of junk.

I am so incredibly livid with Ford Motor Co and their handling of the transmission issue. They knowingly continued selling a car with dangerous transmission issues for 5 YEARS (and complaints would have started coming in during 2011 and 2012)! PLEASE DO NOT EVER BUY THIS CAR - YOU WILL GET TO ABOUT 30,000 MILES BEFORE THE TRANSMISSION NEEDS REPLACED. I purchased it at Charles Gabus Ford in Des Moines IA from a sales rep named Erica. They refuse to acknowledge their mistake to this day.

I asked Erica while purchasing the car about the reviews I read online, to which she laughed and responded that it was a bunch of baloney, and we literally had an argument over whether there was an issue while I was test driving the car. She insisted there was not. I felt obligated to purchase a separate $1000 warranty just to make sure they weren't screwing me over, because I had a bad feeling they were. The car had 22,000 miles on it, and right now, only has 24,500 and the issues everyone has described on this forum have already begun. I have two friends dealing with the same problems: one in a much worse boat than I am.

When I purchased the car, I just had back surgery the week prior, and simply needed a car with a nice, adjustable seat. I was only a week after surgery when she swindled me. This company and car are complete garbage. If I bought a $100 product that is crap - whatever, shame on me, no big deal. But a $14,000 product? SHAME on them! There is a class action lawsuit you can join for anyone who has also fallen victim to this fraudulent car. Please join it if you are having issues and let's show them how bad their business decision was. They don't care about anything but the almighty dollar - and now the "best selling car in America" is ruining people's finances and putting their lives in danger.

We have a junkie 2012 Focus that is in shop for 3rd trans. problem. First time was a month after we bought it in 2014 as a certified pre-owned Ford. It was fixed under the extended warranty Ford added because they knew they had issues. Car always made funny noises but was told it's normal. 2nd time the trans. went out they replaced all the clutches and seals because they were shot. Once again covered under Ford's warranty. Now 5 months later told by dealer that trans. is junk and needs to be replaced and it's not their fault and not covered under Ford's warranty. Even know they just worked on it. They even went as far as to say it was the way we drive. Now we are fighting with our warranty company that we bought when we purchased the car whether or not it covered. We will never buy a Ford again and hope it gets fixed so we can sell it even know we will take a big loss.

2012 Ford Focus, purchased new has only 31k miles. A problem developed with the fuel level gauge indicating full when in fact was near empty. Subsequently emissions codes PO420 and PO456 came in indicating catalytic converter problems. This problem has been known to Ford since 2013 and is described in multiple Technical Service Bulletins. The problem is identified as a faulty Evap Purge Valve. Ford although well aware of the potential for motorist to become stranded on the road has failed to proactively acknowledge this as a major safety concern.

This car has been to the dealer for (3) separate recalls none associated with this issue. This car has a safety problem Ford has been aware would develop for 3 years or more. At 31k miles this car has become unsafe to drive, the fuel tank could be pulled into a vacuum and collapse, the fuel vapor canister could become flooded and ruined, the catalytic converter could be damaged, and the exhaust emissions/error codes the vehicle would not pass an emissions inspection. This cannot pass emissions inspection. Ford's only response is "your 3 year warranty is up. It's your responsibility."

My car has run great for 49k miles, even the dual clutch auto transmission. It has quite a bit of power for a small car, the engine is very impressive, mpg is around 35 and I really like the firmness of front seats. I give it a little extra gas on takeoffs and go really fast at times from 0 to 60 which is good for the transmission and should blow some of the carbon buildup on back of valves.

Do not baby this car, drive it like a manual... I even put it in L gear and run it up to 4,000 rpms just to scrub clutch... I use mostly synthetic on oil changes and engine looks brand new under the oil cap. High Octane gas is good too for a direct injection engine so I do that once a month. This my 2nd Focus (bought a new 2007) and both have been very good. The 07 has 170k and still on road. I would buy another new Focus because I think they have dct kinks mostly worked out

Since day 1 my 2014 Ford Focus has had a shuttering transmission problem. It's been back twice for computer updates that does absolutely nothing to help. Car shutters and shakes on starts and shifting. If you're driving on snow or rain slicked roads, it's worse. Scary to be accurate. From what my research tells me it's a design problem in the new clutch system. Now I am hearing grinding noises as I'm sure all of the jerking is causing undue wear and tear on the transmission. Driving in snow is particularly dangerous. The car backs and is hard to control. Hoping for some answers soon. Not bull that they have been feeding all of us.

Have everyone beat... I bought my 2013 Focus se certified used from Ford dealership November 2015 with roughly 44000 miles. Car was fine for the first few months a little shudder here and there. Out of nowhere the transmission problems came. First the transmission shift fork was replaced then some evap controller went bad and it was replaced only to need my catalytic converter replaced as a result. Then the transmission release bearing went out had to be replace. A few weeks ago a wheel being went out had to be replaced. Then the clutch went out had to be replaced took several weeks to receive clutch had to drive the car entire time slipping and jerking because I was refused a loaner and was told the vehicle was safe to drive.

Now just today on the way home from work I was driving on i95 doing 70 mph. The transmission jerked out of gear redlining the tach and causing me to swerve and pull off the road all while the car was jerking. Guess what? No loaner car again! Are you ** kidding! Tow truck driver said he’s already towed 5 broke down Fords in the past 6 hours alone. I’m expecting a call in the morning saying either my clutch is bad and the vehicle is safe to drive while your part is on back order for approximately 90 days, your release went out again, or I need a new transmission. I haven’t even put 12000 miles on the car! Every time I’m told this is normal and I probably just need a tcm reset or update and it ends up being something else. I’ve drove off the lot with the car doing the same thing it did when I took it there. I transport my child and wife in this car! Everyone I know says to ditch the thing.

All this in one year, this has got to be the most unsafe car I’ve ever driven. I’m so upside down in the thing because the value dropped almost $6000 since I bought it and I added extended warranty. When I get the car back it is going goodbye. Idc what it takes. It is embarrassing to have to get rides to work every other week because my 2013 car is broken down AGAIN and I can’t even get a damn loaner. Yea Ford really cares about their customer **! I will never buy another Ford period. They could give me one and I wouldn’t even give it away for free. They are so bad. Just ridiculous man seriously people work hard to afford these things and they don’t have the decency to own up and keep a loyal customer. Our only other car is a 99 explorer that just keeps chugging and they say they were known for issues HA! Found On Road Dead is such irony I’m a firm believer.

I bought my 2014 Ford Focus SE new and was told about the dual clutch but was not told about all the problems with it. I figured it would take me some time to get used to. I just cannot get used to the overheating transmission and having to wait till it is ready to drive and all the pulling it does when accelerating. I took it in for servicing for the recall and after I took it in it's gotten worse. Now I need to replace the clutch and other things on the transmission and it's going to cost me over $2000. I hate myself for trading in my still running older vehicle for this awful vehicle that I hate driving. Never again Ford! Never!

I've been driving 2015 Focus for 18 months - back in shop again for transmission issues. Repair parts are on month long or more backorder. Transmission fails to shift or go into gear at all creating dangerous situations on the road. The transmission starts making sounds when vehicle is unlocked - before turning engine on

Transmission Hot warning comes on telling you to "stop safely" and "wait for five minutes." This is a dangerous vehicle to drive - do not purchase for any reason.

I bought a new 2013 Ford Focus 3 years ago. I have had continuous problems with the transmission and now I am having fuel tank problems. The transmission problem was due to a recall. I have brought the car into the Ford dealership 4 or 5 times and the problem is still not solved. Four months ago, the engine light came on. When I brought the car to the Ford dealer, I was told that there was an issue with the fuel tank. The capless filler inlet, for filling the gas tank, caused a vacuum that collapsed the gas tank. This is now causing the car to run out of gas when the fuel gauge is between 1/2 and 1/4 full. The car is also running very, very rough. The Ford dealer informed me that to fix this gas tank problem would cost me $2,000.00.

As I feel this is unacceptable in a 3 year old car, I called Ford Customer Service and was told that this problem is not on the recall list. I have researched this issue on the internet and have found that this is a problem with many Ford Focus vehicles. I was also told by the Ford dealer that if I lived in CA, this problem would be fixed by the dealer at no cost to me. I find this grossly wrong. Why should it matter where I live? There is either a design issue or not! I am extremely upset that I have to pay $2,000.00 to have the gas tank issue fixed for an apparent design problem because of where I live.

It has never failed me. I'd highly recommend the Ford Focus to others. It has provided me with excellent service over the ten years I've had it. No breakdowns, no costly repairs.

This is a 2016 Ford Focus that had numerous recalls and bad reviews. It has been a wonderful car with only a few issues that were able to be resolved... fuel pump, ignition switch, electric door locks, etc. Gas mileage has been excellent, great performance... overall a great little car. Good or bad Ford service dept. makes all the difference... I have had both.

Transmission issues. New type of transmission in 2013 Focus sucks. Hesitation, grinding and fear of lurching forward. Ford will not fix after several so called upgrades done. I have always been happy with Ford cars until now.

I bought a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium brand new in late 2013. The reason I bought it was because I needed something RELIABLE to get me back and forth to work, school, and home. I traded in an '89 Chevy that I had been toying around with when I was in the service, because it was more of a toy than a reliable car. My family has owned Ford Focus' in the past, and I even owned a 2007 which was everything I could have asked for in a car; it was reliable, got great gas mileage (35mpg or so) and it never broke down.

I have had this 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in and out of the shop now 4 times for transmission issues. The first three times, they told me they could not see what I was talking about, with the stuttering, hesitation, jerking, poor gas mileage (28mpg) and lack of acceleration. Each time they simply reset the computer and said "It needed to re-learn my driving habits." I decided to just live with it, as it is the only car I have. Don't get me wrong, it was never fixed, I just put up with it, and got used to it. Others would sit in the passenger seat and ask me "Why is it shifting like that?"

Here we are just over 30,000 miles and I barely made it in the dealership yesterday. By the time I parked the car, it would not even shift into reverse. I drove in first gear with my hazard lights on to the dealer. They have not had time to look at it today, but said they "think it's the TCM, as they've seen this before." I will not keep my mouth shut on this one because I feel I bought a lemon. This is now the fourth time in with the same complaint, except this time it is UNDENIABLE. This is unacceptable, and my father who has worked at Ford for the last 20 years is embarrassed he recommended this car to me.

I bought this car 1 year ago. I wish I knew about the transmission problems. My car problems has just started. It's automatic. It sputters on take off and reverse is failing. 28K and this car is falling apart. I am praying for a class action to force Ford to address these problems. I have an Explorer that was TOP notch. Can't figure how and why this car was a disaster. Ford should do the right thing especially to their faithful clients. Find and fix these problems and regain the trust we have in this brand. I am hopeful the CEO of this company will hold someone accountable... PS After reading the reviews on fixing failures, I'll just wait on the recall with a real solution...

I purchased this car brand new in March of 2015. The car was great and I loved it. Initially I had a terrible experience with keeping the tires inflated. It seemed every week or less I was having to put air in at least 1 tire. Finally, I spent nearly $1000.00 to replace the tires. Then all was good again until... two and a half weeks ago the check engine light came on. The car was having a difficult time shifting. So I took the car in to Ford for "repairs". All went well as far as them "repairing" the vehicle. However, a couple of days after I got it back, it started doing other things. When shifting gears at higher speeds, the car revved up light it was accelerating, but only momentarily. Then I noticed the shuddering that so many have complained about, particularly at the lower speeds or when taking off from a stop.

I also noticed when I started the car, it idled very high and loud for about a minute. I know I have a lot of miles on it, 80,000, but should a car act this way only when it's still so new? Should these additional issues that I am having be considered "coincidental" as stated by the service agent? Really? They are happening now after the so-called "repairs" were made?

This is my 4th Ford vehicle I've owned in my life and my 2nd brand new of the 4 I've owned. Yes, I owned a Pinto and a Ranger and neither one gave me issues like this even though they were several years old. My 1st new Focus never gave me issues and it was an SE model. Now I have this Titanium, top of the line in the Focus world and I have to deal with this? If this is Ford's way of deterring current customers to NOT purchase their vehicles in the future, it's working. I hope they will stand behind their product and fix a KNOWN issue along with the other issues that have "coincidentally" begun after the last repair.

Ford Focus Company Profile