Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

The Ford Focus is a compact car that has been around since 1998. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Ford Focus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

It's an okay car. It has the look of a larger car however I fee like I'm sitting in a bucket. I'm not a tall person however I would like more room. There is a hump in the middle between the driver and passenger that makes me feel restricted.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This Focus has taken a beating, and it just keeps going. It was even in a head on collision, and it miraculously came out of it pretty well (the Honda didn't make it). I was shocked. I would have thought that collision would've totaled it, but it wasn't that bad considering the circumstances. I was and am still amazed. I wasn't sure I felt safe in a small car like that, but that changed my mind.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ford Focus 4 door Sedan; very dependable, peppy car but trouble with motor mounts, stabilizers and doesn’t take bumps well. But I would buy it again. At 129,000 miles minimal rust. No major inconveniences and with snow tires it’s unstoppable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I’ve owned it since 2006 and have had very little issues. Best car I’ve owned. It can take a beating. Handles well in the snow as well. When I purchase another vehicle it will be another Focus, hands down.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have had this 2007 Focus for over 10 years and still using the car for all our purposes. It is very basic. It has roll up windows yet it still has air conditioning with power door locks and power truck latch which is good enough for my wife and I. It is good on gas plus it is also good to repair and keep up. I overheated too much before I realized I needed a new radiator and the engine still stood the test of time. It has 276000 KL. and is still very reliable. Ford is one of few companies family owned which I hope I am right about. It is sad that Ford is not going to make the Focus anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Focus?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I've had my transmission fixed twice, the third time I tried to get it done in Daytona but they wouldn't give me a rental to go to work. I was on my way home from work and I pulled into the Jiffy Lube cuz I thought I had a nail in my tire. Marion when I was leaving Jiffy Lube I was going to make a left hand late turn when I hit the gas I started to pull out and the car hesitated because of the transmission and the guy slammed into me. He misjudged the timing. Because of my Ford Focus you are injured. I want to see the Santana for it. I want my ticket Spain and I want it off of my insurance.

Original review: March 6, 2020

My husband and I bought our very first brand new car, a 2017 Ford Focus, from Harper Motors in Eureka, CA. The sales people and finance guy were great. A few months later during the winter months, my husband had the sunroof open while parked in a parking lot. It started to rain and he tried to close the roof. It would close partway and then re-open. It started to pour and this happened about three times. It finally closed. Took it to the shop and they said they couldn't do anything unless it happens when they can see it, but they did lube the rails anyway. This happened a couple more times but we never took car back in.

Then we get a recall, 18V735000, stating car may stall without warning will increase risk of crash and 19V515000 stating the same so we took the car into the shop. They said the fuel tank was defective, but get this, NOT DEFECTIVE ENOUGH to warrant the recall repairs. Ok, so, we continue to drive the car. A couple weeks later we notice it stuttering and pausing when taking off from a stop, a couple times we thought it was gonna die on us. Took back into ford, and they said unless it does it in front of them they can't do anything.

Car was in 3 times for that one and then...on the radio, this is minor, but a major nuisance, if you are on SiriusXM and turn the car off when you start the car again it goes back fm station. Had the car in 3-4 times for that issue. They replaced the ACM (audio control module) and I had to pay $15.00 to have my sirius service 'changed' to the new radio. I called harper motors and said I wanted my old acm back since it didn't fix the issue and they said it had already been 'rebuilt'... Really, in a matter of hours some guy came and picked it up, sent it to the factory and already rebuilt it???

By this time I was fed up. I called ford requesting a buyback because this car is a lemon. I spoke with a girl named Taylor and put the buyback request in for me and wanted to know if I wanted to take car to harper again. I said no, I am sick of them and their lies and BS, and I am quite sure they are tired of me. I told her of all the issues we have had with the car and the dealership. She began the process and did call, as promised, every Friday to update me on the issue. The third friday, she informed me that the buyback was refused because I didn't have enough downtime with the vehicle. I informed her that this car, not even 3 years old, had been in the shop more than our 2009 Ford Ranger. She told me that since it was refused, she would no longer be contacting me as the case was closed, but she would email some options for extra warranty or some such. I gave her my email address and waited...and waited... Surprise, no email!!

I first emailed her at the email she gave me, **, and of course no response. I then tried the number she gave me, 866-631-3788 x ** and got some Misty's voice mail 3-4 times. I explained each time what was going on and trying to reach taylor. No response from her either. SO, today I called ford corporate again and once more explained that I was trying to reach taylor. He told me he can not discuss the case with me... I said, "What case? It has been closed." He told me he would transfer me to above number and extension, I said I have tried that number all week and no response, just voice mail. He then told me again that I have a follow up call today with taylor. Guess what??? No follow up call. Ford, my husband has always loved your vehicles, and he has always insisted on buying used fords, I have always NOT liked fords, and this puts the nail in the coffin for both of us. Ford Inc. and Harper Ford are terrible.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I currently have 2013 Ford Focus with 87,000 miles on it, this is the only transportation we have on our household. This thing has been taken twice already for transmission defects, fist time was taken in the car ran really good for like 5,000 miles and started acting up again. Second time around just taking it out of the dealer it started to run badly again (grinding, jerking, sudden acceleration), but the thing is I can't be leaving my only car I have to go to work and the 2 times that's been there it takes at least 15 to get it back now my warranty has expired since it's past the warranty period.

I'm really disappointed on myself for not doing a little more research before buying this car, can't trade it in because of all the value has lost so it would be at lost of a lot of money (at least for me), and the saddest part is I'm still paying for it, I purchased this car in 2017 so I have 2 years left. :( The only chance I give to buy a Ford product and it's the worst car I ever had.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Fuel efficient, sure, and surprising room for a compact (I'm 6'1" tall and have plenty of room), but the transmission issue(s) leaves one to wonder how long it will last, and if it is actually safe. I've survived this long, with minimal issues, but I almost rammed another car in the parking lot the other day when the car lurched forward as if on a 0-60 challenge with only a little tap of the accelerator when pulling into a parking spot. Thank god the car has a good braking system. Supposedly the issue was fixed with a recent software update, but I haven't noticed the change. And I'm now stuck with a car nobody will buy that's worth next to nothing in trade-in value. Live and learn, I suppose...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have had the clutches repaired twice and then on June 28th this year the Ford Focus lunged forward and then stalled on the highway and would then not go into reverse. Ford has recognized they have engineered a faulty vehicle and extended the transmission warranty but would not pay to fix the reverse issue. It was not a coincidence that the reverse stopped working after the transmission failed and yet for almost being killed on the highway I had to pay to repair it.

Ford Focus Company Information