Ford Focus

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a very pissed off owner of a 2014 Ford Focus. This car has been a problem from the very beginning. You would think I bought a used lemon rather than a brand new car. This turd has been in the shop repeatedly for issues that every Ford Focus owner has been experiencing. The transmission is repeatedly going out. The electronics are going out. My computer screen on the dashboard has gone out. The overhead light won't turn on properly or when it does come on it don't want to go out. Also the passenger side door handle had to be replaced. I have three more years of paying on this car and I am so mad. My family has always owned Ford's. We buy American but we will never buy another Ford. My niece bought the same exact car at the same time I purchased mine and her Ford is just as bad as mine. Ford I want a refund or a new car at no extra cost.

I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus with an automatic transmission in 2013 with around 12,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchasing this vehicle I noticed a hesitation while trying to accelerate and a shuddering from my transmission. I called a Ford dealer and was told that this is just how the car is and it was normal. After a few more months I noticed noises when the car was shifting and I again called a Ford dealer to see about having it looked at. Again, I was told that this was normal for the type of transmission in the Ford Focus (some combination transmission type with an electronic component was how it was explained). After the transmission getting louder and stuttering I finally was able to get Ford to look at it and was told they had to reset some computer system. It improved for awhile then started the same loud, shuddering shifting issues. It always seemed to be the worst in the lower gears... trying to get up over 25-35 mph.

Eventually Ford had recalled the TCM and after a long wait I was able to get it looked at and replaced. It helped for around a year then it went downhill fast. This time I had all the previous problems with the transmission and a new problem: it would refuse to accelerate almost as if it was falling out of gear. One afternoon my car literally would not move and I had to put it in reverse then back in drive a couple times to get it to move and I could feel it slipping. I drove it straight to the Ford dealer. I thought that Ford had extended the warranty for the transmission but they only extended it for the TCM. I was charged over $1000 for a shift fork in a car that had around 77,000 miles (with a lot of those highway miles). This was an automatic transmission so it was not as if I was shifting heavy. Any damage to that part was due to the horrible transmission Ford put in it! I got it back and on my drive home from the Ford service shop it broke down with the same exact problem!

I immediately contacted Ford and had it towed back to be fixed properly. This time they told me the TCM needed to be replaced again! It was covered but of course I had already paid over $1000 for a new shift fork and will never know whether that repair was even necessary. I have my car back after all these repairs but it still is sluggish in accelerating and shifting, it shudders, it makes noises. I called customer care and was given no help. I have purchased 6 Fords over the past 20+ years and will not buy another Ford after this experience. Ford knows they put out a poor product in the Ford Focus but will not do anything to correct it. Covering 1 part for an extended period of time is not taking care of the customer. Very disappointed.

I've had hours of repairs since the very beginning. 2 different clutches 3 if you count the one that came on it. Numerous re programmings. Countless hours waiting. Loaner cars. Taken days of work. And after all the hell we've been through our dealership said if the clutch goes out again. I'll be paying $1200. Because Ford will not recall the clutches and even with all the problems at 100k I'm screwed. Paid 23k a year and a CPL months ago for a brand-new car and nothing but problems. They don't care and I'm a Ford guy. This 15 Focus has caused problems at work and 2-hour round trips pure hell for a new car. I've been to my dealership 5 or 6 times all transmission problems. I owned a Fusion didn't have 1 problem until 279k. These 15 Focus are junk. I wouldn't put this on my worst enemy. Beware.

Ford Focus SE 2013 Shudder Problems - I bought my Ford Focus this spring. Was so proud to have owned the newest car for me ever! I had it for a week and noticed when I would run around a little bit in it to get the engine warmed up it would shudder when I would take off from a stop. I did it several times then I called the company where I purchased it from. In Wichita, Kansas a Toyota Eddy's off of their used lot. It only had 52,000 miles drove. Great on the test drive. Got a loan from my bank. Was so proud.

So I called. The maintenance took it in. Told them I knew what was wrong. It was the transmission. Ford has had problems with 2012-2014 with the take off from 1st to second gear. They couldn't help me. They weren't a Ford Company. I need to take it to Ford. Well they looked at me like I was stupid. So no help. I can't believe there is not a recall for this. What do I do now? Just drive 'til it stops then where will I be? Please I need answers from someone. Thanks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Since posting my review on the Ford Focus transmission problems, Ford Motor Co. in conjunction with dealership has stepped in to find a equitable solution. I contacted the Ford Motor Co. and the Ford dealership where initially vehicle was purchased. Both the dealership and Ford Motor Co. customer service manager worked together to repair my daughter's Ford Focus transmission. Ford assume a portion of the repair cost and my part was $750. Vehicle so far running fine.

Joseph of Vancouver, WA on

Original Review

Purchased new 2014 Ford Focus SE on Aug 6, 2013 for our daughter. Started having issues with transmission July 7, 2015. Dealership reprogram TCM and replace clutch under warranty. Daughter temporarily moved to CA go to school. Nov 16, 2016 my daughter calls us crying desperate with transmission issues again and vehicle is taken to nearest Ford dealership. Dealership replaces TCM at no charge under warranty and replaces clutch which cost my wife and I $2009. On May 2017 desperately calls again vehicle won't start so my daughter pays for a new battery and gets it installed.

While driving vehicle transmission fails to engage properly not going more than 5 miles and won't engage in reserve. Vehicle towed to same dealership that replaced TCM and clutch. Dealership finding states transmission needs replacing. Cost approximately $5,000. Had to have vehicle shipped back home to Washington state and daughter has no vehicle and we still owe $7,000. Ford completely ignoring the issue. These dual clutch transmission is a failure. Leaving the customer having to deal with the nightmare of a manufacture defect. This is totally unacceptable!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Purchased my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in February of 2013. I was excited to continue my history of owning a Ford. Problems started immediately with the transmission. I chalked it up to just being a different car and new feelings. Then the recall information came out. I had the computer work done and things were okay for the most part until now. At about 50,000 miles the transmission is the worst it has been and after taking it to the dealership I was told that NOTHING is wrong and that I will have to just deal with it. I can't even enjoy a car ride without frustration, disappointment, and worrying about my safety. They will not help. What I do need to do to get this fixed? How are they not held responsible? I still owe on the vehicle and it's like a slap in the face. I will never buy a Ford again... they don't take care of their customer and that is such a shame.

I purchased my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in 2014. It had less than 10,000 miles on it, fully loaded. Best car ever, so I thought. I have had nothing but trouble out of this car, from the transmission, sputtering, stalling, to computer malfunctions, each time I take it in they name a different issue. This time it's the fuel injector and the sensor Ford claims that it's not cover under my warranty. So I had to pay $125.00 for the diagnostics and now I need to come up with over $1,500 for repairs plus storage fees because the piece of junk is occupying a parking space at Ford Mall of Georgia. I grow up thinking that Ford was a great American car company. I'm so sad I was wrong. Something should be done. This car is not only a headache it's also dangerous. I will never buy a Ford again! (I only gave 1 star because it a required field to submit a review, I give this car and this company ZERO stars.)

2015 Ford Focus and the automatic clutch has went out on this car twice now. It's the worst car ever and thing is I work for ford... I have not even had the car two years. I really think it was a lemon from the start.

I bought my Ford in 2012 with about 40000 miles on it. Early on, I noticed shuddering in the transmission, but assumed that it was just because of the type of transmission. Around maybe 85,000 I noticed there was something leaking. I thought it was from the air conditioning condensation. In late July/Early August of 2016, I took a trip in my Ford Focus to visit a friend in Wilmington, NC. It was me and my 2 children and due to a mess up by our mortgage company, we had very little money. When we arrived at my friend’s house, my car which I had driven the entire way to Wilmington from Pittsburgh, PA would not start. It didn’t start for a few hours after which was extremely stressful, but I thought maybe the engine was just hot.

The next day, we went to Walmart and had no problem getting there. We did our shopping and get back to the car, it would not start. It was pouring down rain and so I had to lug my two children back out through this massive storm to get to the auto center. We get there and I am completely distraught. They jumped my car and determined it was what they thought- the battery. Buying that battery used up what little money I had left until my next paycheck.

The next day, we decided to take a trip to the beach because it was close and inexpensive. We drove to the beach no problem and played for a bit. We get back to the car and it won’t start. New battery and all, the car just would not start. After about 5 minutes, it started running again. At this point, my anxiety is just through the rough and the kids are scared. I cried a lot because I didn't know what to do at all. I was watching the house for a friend and didn't know anyone. We had to just not go anywhere for a day or 2 to get this all figured out. It completely ruined what was supposed to be a fun vacation.

At this point, I was at a complete loss. I started researching Ford 2012 Focus problems and found evidence and examples of cars that were acting just like mine. Total loss of power that was completely random. I was stranded out of state with my two kids. It turned out to be something called the TCM. I took my car to a local Ford dealership after speaking with Customer Care and they repaired the TCM but told the clutch was leaking. He basically told me I needed to buy a new transmission which would be close to $2000. I didn’t have the money to fix this and had not received any notices regarding a fix needed on this. I believe this was due to moving and having a new address.

When I learned of the clutch warranty repair, my car was over the mileage. I was under the impression that 100,000 miles was from when I purchased the vehicle, which already had 40,000 miles on it when I got it. Today I learned that they will not stand behind their faulty product. I am completely disgusted and will never own a Ford Vehicle again. To add to my frustration, I attempted to trade in my Ford, which I owe approximately $4000 on and was told that it was worth only $1000 due to the faulty transmission. So I have to pay $2000 to fix a faulty car that is only worth $1000 that I owe $4000 on. Please, someone explain to me how this works? There are TONS of lawsuits against Ford right now. Like, a bazillion lawsuits even a class action lawsuit… I thought maybe if I reached out to them they might help me take care of this issue since it would probably cost a lot less than going through the arbitration process, etc.

I am hoping to get this resolved through Ford and if I can it will restore my faith in their product. If you do research on 2012 Ford Focus and other Ford cars from around that time you can see a TON of sites, posts and news about how these cars are lemons.

Buying my first car, the dealer salesman looked me straight in the face and told me that the transmissions were much better in the 2015 model... Fast forward 9 months and it's been in the shop 3 times for transmission issues and I'm looking into the lemon law. Both my parents work for Ford and can't find any sort of restitution because "that's how it drives" according to the dealership. After all I've went through with this car, I'm not interested in buying Ford again, probably ever.

My daughter purchased a 2014 Ford Focus from Tedd Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA. From the very beginning when driving the car it always felt like you needed to change gears, but considering it was a manual changing gears was not an option. My daughter was a college student at the time of the purchase. While attending school full time she also worked full time as a server. My daughter was proud to buy her first new car and she worked hard to pay for it.

She was encouraged by her Grandfather to purchase the extended warranty on the car and even though it would cause her payments to be higher she said it was a smart investment for later down the road. Her Grandfather also told her to make sure she kept up with the service on the vehicle. She has never missed an oil change, tire rotation, etc... At each service visit she told the service person the problem she was having when driving the car... the jerking, the stalling, the feeling that she should be changing gears, but can't, the random times when it wouldn't start for no reason, etc... and each time she was told they found nothing wrong with the car.

Last week the transmission light came on and she immediately called to schedule an appointment at the local Ford dealership. She scheduled the earliest appointment available, but that wasn't soon enough this past Saturday. 4/22/2017 the car would not drive and it left my 22 year old daughter stranded. The car would not go into reverse and when she tried to drive it the car would not drive faster than 5 mph without shutting down. Some nice stranger told her that maybe the car was in theft mode which is why she was unable to drive it. Wishful thinking! We had to have the car towed to the Ford Dealership in Newport News, VA.

Yesterday, 4/24/2017 the service person contacted my daughter and told her the clutch needed replaced. She told my daughter that the problem was a recall and would be fixed at no cost. Syke! My daughter received a call today and is now being told she would be responsible for the cost of repairs. Excuse me Hall Ford? How are you going to tell your customer one thing one day and something different the next day? Clearly the problem is with the make & model and not because my daughter was irresponsible! My family are loyal Ford customers! My Dad drives a F350 Dual wheel Diesel Truck, I drive a Ford Taurus, my brother drives a Ford Explorer, my sister drove a Ford Explorer, and now my daughter drives a Ford Focus. My daughter just wants her car repaired and drivable. I truly hope Ford does the right thing!

So I got into a car accident back in September of 2014 and that winter I bought the 2012 Ford Focus SEL. At first it was an amazing car and I loved it with all of my heart because it got amazing gas mileage and Bluetooth. Loved the car. Well once I graduated high school and started driving the car longer distances, there were more and more problems with it as I went along.

First: The radio started giving me problems. The speakers would make a firecracker noise throughout the vehicle whether I was driving or not driving. We replaced the speakers because we thought that maybe I had just blown the speakers or something like that. After that the problem still continued and then the radio would turn itself off one its own while I was driving. We replaced the radio and then the battery to my car started to go bad so now 5 batteries deep into the car I still have no radio and the speakers don't make the noise but that's only because they are disconnected.

Second: The weather strip on the drivers side door is completely ripped up and I have no idea why, BUT we did find out that the car had been in an accident and the drivers side door is a replacement and whatever they did they did not make it flush nor did they do a good job fixing it because the door slams against the frame of the car (NOT A GOOD THING).

Third: Now I have seen and heard about the stuttering when accelerating. I have learned that if you turn off traction control that problem goes away, but you have turn it off every time you get into the car. SO that's a huge no for me. They have told me that they could fix it but every time they've "fixed it" it happens again. SO I was told later on that there is an unnecessary part in the transmission that once it's taken out there's no more stutter.

Fourth and final: There is multiple water leaks throughout the car. I can find one, get it fixed and another seems to show up. I have replaced anything and everything to prevent the water leaks, but nothing seems to fix it and there is no leaks or holes in the trunk where the spare tire is and there is always water in there regardless. So overall I have had this car for about 3 years now and I HATE it. Like the level of hate I have for this car is massive.

I am living a nightmare because of my one year old today Ford Focus 2015. From the start it made a rattling sound on acceleration, shuddered, and was slow to accelerate. I traded my very reliable Ford Focus ZXW wagon with 271,000 miles on it for this piece of junk, and at purchase it was NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME that I was buying a car that had a different kind of transmission than the other Focus did. The sticker which I still have, reads AUTOMATIC on this vehicle that has a faulty transmission which is the worst thing that can be wrong with any car.

In October, the dealership that sold it to me kept the car for five days to diagnose the problems. I called every day to see what they had found out and I was met with a stony silence and told the transmission person hadn't had time to look at it yet. When they finally called, the arrogant woman behind the desk told me she had driven it several miles and heard no rattle, so they had not done anything to the car at all in those five days. Are you kidding me? I took it back in again for the same complaints plus the windshield wipers froze in the middle of the windshield and the gas gauge did not read I had put gas in it. Again, they told me there was nothing wrong with the car.

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they arranged with Ford for an engineer to go to the dealership and look at the car. He found that it needed a new clutch which they put in this week. Upon driving the car home, I found that the rattle was gone and now it makes a chirping, squeaking noise on every left turn. This is my family's only car. I emphatically told the salesman at the time of purchase that despite my financial situation from being a single mother for decades, my family needed reliable transportation, and at 271,000 miles, I didn't know how long my Focus wagon could provide that and so I felt I needed to buy a new car. And even knowing all that PLUS the problems inherent in this transmission since 2011, they sold me this nightmare of a car.

The stress of this is too much for me. I bought a new car to avoid the stress of having a broken down car and am stuck with a car with a bad transmission and who knows what they damaged while putting in the new clutch that now causes the squeak on left turns? I am afraid they won't take responsibility for that either. All I want is a car with a real automatic transmission that I can depend on. That is what I was sold, and Ford needs to stop robbing its loyal customers.

Leases/Purchased a 2013 FORD Focus. Received a letter in the mail from Ford telling us they extended the transmission warranty to 100,000 miles. (6 Trips) We had (3) problems prior to April 2017 with the Focus transmission. They either put in some new part or reprogrammed the computer. The fixes lasted for a short time, but the problem always came back. April 2017 we ask for the transmission to be checked because it is jerking the car quite extensively. They call back, tell us the transmission needs parts they will be ordered. They call and tell me the car is done and I go pick it up. I drive to work the next day and as I am parking, the Transmission Fault light comes on and it says service now, I have no reverse and cars in front of me, so I leave it where it is. Call Ford, they do not know what happened. I tell them to come get it and get me a car.

The service department calls and tells me my transmission failed because I need a new battery. It will be $195.00. I call BS on the transmission failing because of a battery, but what can I do, they have my car. We agree to pay for the battery, but not labor, because I can put a battery in my car. They call and tell me my car is done and to pick it up. I come to pick it up, paperwork says I owe $195.00. Is there anything that this department does right? Again the person at the counter fixes their mistake and only charges me the $125.00 (for a battery to fix a transmission). I take the car home. I go to pick up my daughter from school, and the transmission fault light turns on again, and I no longer have reverse. We call, they come and tow it again that evening, leaving me without a car, while I still have the responsibility of bringing kids to school in the morning.

They call now and tell me that my clutch is missing a gear and that FORD will not fix it under the warranty because it has nothing to do with problem. My car had reverse just fine when I brought it to them, now all of a sudden it does not have reverse. How many times does this have to happen to have FORD own up to their failure and fix the problem?

On Jan 2 I bought my 16 year old granddaughter a Ford Focus 2012 that it would a good safe car for her to drive. Boy was I wrong. Two weeks after we got it the transmission start making a loud noise. Took to ford dealership was told it ok. It had to get over 250 before ford would fix it. Since then the car is running hot, the cooling fan is not working to the voice and gotten worse and now it's making more noise. Took it AUTO zone for them to put a machine on it to tell me everything that is wrong with but ford has ease everything on it. Taking it back to ford tom and see what lies they tell me this time. It's not safe for a 16 year old driver let alone anyone else.

Okay, so 3 years ago we purchased a 2014 Ford Focus because we needed reliable transportation before my husband went off to boot camp. Well here we are 3 years later; we have kept up all maintenance and oil changes on this car no problem. We pay $200/m car insurance and also pay $375/M for the car. 1st of all the loan company they put us with tried to repo our car while my husband was in boot camp, when law states that they were legally not allowed to do so... including while he's active duty!! Anyways... my husband was on his way to work and the car SHUT OFF!!!

I have taken this car to the ford dealership we bought it from back in Texas and also 2X here in California. Well they have yet to fix it!!! It shutters, the computer box fell out when we were driving. We owe the finance company $18,000 and right now I do not want to pay them a dime for the crap Ford has put us through. Now my husband is without a car for a long while and he is in the military, he CANNOT miss work by any means, and now on top of that, I can't get to work or take my child to her therapy. Thanks Ford for screwing over a poor family that was in desperate need of a RELIABLE car for our child!!! THIS COMPANY DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE ONE STAR!!!

The transmission started shuddering at only 12,000 miles. At first at thought maybe it was normal but it just keeps persisting. Ford is in the process of fixing it now but IDK how that's going to work out based on some other reviews. Thank god I spent 2 grand on a 75,000 mile warranty that includes a free rental.

In Jan 2016 I purchased a brand new 2015 Ford Focus and paid almost $26,000 in cash figuring at my age (66) this car would last me for a while. What a piece of CRAP. At 300 miles it went it for a transmission problem. At 6000 it went back in again. I wanted to trade it in and they said it would only be $130000 for a new car with only 6000 miles fully loaded. I called Ford to buy it back. They refused stating I did not qualify for a buyback. Knowing that while drive on a highway, they state the car could just "lose power" and basically I could be killed. There was nothing they could do about it.

Research now I see the problem existed for over 3 years and Ford did nothing. Now I have a car I am afraid to drive. I feel in some way this constitutes fraud, knowing they had a problem and it CANNOT be fixed. I just got my car back a week ago, it bounces and hesitates, and smells of something. Probably transmission fluid leaking again. I will be putting the car back in soon but I don't know why I leave it parked in the street instead of my driveway with the hopes it will be hit and totaled. DO NOT EVER BUY A FORD! I am now out $26,000 because if I traded it in I could only get a used car.

I bought a 2016 Ford Focus automatic. Thought they fixed the transmission. I keep going back to Ford and they keep re-flashing transmission next time they have to replace clutch. This is a lemon transmission that jerks from 1st to second and has shifting issues. This should be illegal to sell this car as is. I cannot believe there is not a proper recall on these.

Traded my truck for a Ford Focus to have better gas mileage. Three months in, had issues with the car, dealership fixed the problem, but now they won't help me with the other issues it is having, like with the steering, saying it's used. Went to make a turn I've done everyday for last several months, car didn't turn, and went into the ditch, now it's at the Collisoin Center. Researched the vehicle and Ford has 24+ recalls on this vehicle, and nobody is doing anything, the steering issue is dangerous and should have been recalled but wasn't. Ford saying it wasn't a problem and no one had been injured because of it, only have had the car for 1 1/2 years, this car should be removed from everyone's stock and not be sold, it's a lemon made by Ford. I only have this vehicle to get to work, now I don't have anything to drive. Ford should be held responsible for this vehicle, I could have been killed or killed someone else. Just lucky it was only me in my car.

I bought a 2014 Ford Focus in December '13. The car has been absolutely horrible and a huge safety hazard. I later found out that all Ford Focus models have the same issue. The transmission is faulty and the car continuously shakes, grinds, shudders, stops, and jerks while driving. I have brought this concern up to the dealership numerous times and nothing has been done to alleviate my concern. The service manager and mechanics accept the issue but they don't do anything to fix it. THIS WAS MY WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER AND THIS CAR IS A HUGE SAFETY HAZARD. DON'T BUY ANY FORDS. The customer service is very unpleasant and the cars are absolutely faulty and unsafe.

I am the owner of a 2015 Ford Focus. Unfortunately I cannot say it has been a positive experience. When I purchased the car I noticed the transmission lunging and slipping in and out of gear. I took in the car to one of our local Ford Dealerships here in El Paso, Tx in January 2017. They replaced the clutch, and now March 13, 2017 it's in again for repair doing the same lunging forward and slipping in and out of gear. Unfortunately they don't loan a car to valued customer. Several days with no transportation. Now to wait for how long will the Ford Dealership have our daily transportation. I would advise future customers to do a full investigation on this model before you sign on the dotted line. Or any other brand.

I've been an owner of a 2014 Ford Focus going on 2 years & I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO BUY THIS CRAP. When I first bought the car in 2015 the dealer told me that the jerking I felt was because it was a gas saver, he LIED. It has gotten worst over time and 3 weeks ago my car engine light came on while I was driving on the interstate and my car just stop driving, was still running but not going anywhere and I could've been killed. Thank God I was able to hurry up and pull over. I took my car to the dealership and it took them 3 weeks to call me.

About my car saying it's not them TCM they was able to reset it but it was my clutch and it will cost about 1900$. I'm not paying for something that is not my fault. Ford knows that this is their fault and they need to fix the crap at their expense or recall call these cars that are having these issues instead of selling people these lemons trying to make us pay for it. I've been having troubles with this car & I wish I've never bought it.

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus, including the original, I have gone through 5 transmissions. Ford has replaced them all for free and extended the warranty to 100,000 miles. Now I have 60k miles on the car. Ford tech said this will never be fixed and in 2018 they are coming out with a new clutch. I have wasted my money, purchasing this car.

I purchased my 2013 Ford Focus in 2014. While test driving the car sputtered. I thought that it was strung but the salesman said it was normal. I purchased it anyway but the sputtering and jerking began to get worse. I took it in they said they reset it and it would be ok. It drove fine for about a month and the problem continued.

In June of 2016 I had my son take it in because I was out of town. The dealership told me that it would be $125 charge for them to diagnose the car to find the problem, I told him the extended warranty notice stated I could bring it in as many times as needed without a charge. That was not the case. I paid for the diagnosis and was told that the clutch was going bad. Fast forward to present day 2/25/17. My car starting jerking on the highway and stalling, RPM went haywire and then the car stopped. It's at the shop now and I was told the clutch needs to be replace and it would cost me $2000. Ford Motor Company needs to take responsibility and repair every car with this transmission malfunction.

I purchased my 2012 Focus in 2014. I have nothing but issues with the car taking off shuttering and not having power. I also had it to where it would not even start. Now the shuttering is still the same and the last time I had it fixed it hasn't even went ten thousand miles yet and it's doing it again. They fixed the door recall latch so they say, but they said the shuttering is not bad enough to diagnose. I think Ford owes Consumers something for this to be such a huge problem. I will never buy another Ford. I will also be passing along this info as well and make it known to not waste your money on a car that a Company doesn't even stand behind their product. Worst car I have ever owned.

I financed my Ford Focus almost three years ago and it was the most beautiful car I ever purchased and it sat on the floor not outside. I never test drove it but drove a Fusion. The same day driving it home I stopped by my sister's home to let her see it and my nephew got in back. He shut the door only to be locked in. No it was not on childlock. The whole door had to be replaced. I let my sister drive it the next day while I was at work to run my errands and she was telling me how it shuttered. I have an automatic so it's not the clutch. I thought maybe it was trash in the system so I used a fuel cleaner. I could hear my valves rattle so I keep the oil changed. Nothing I have tried has helped with this shutter. It's a beautiful red car to act up like that especially with an extra 10k on the price tag.

Has taken my car in with transmission issues. 2 dealerships have checked it. One said it needed clutch, but did not get to it. I called to check on how long before I can pick up car. Service guy said they was working on it. To make story short he lied after face to face contact. At that time they had my car sitting park in lot and never touched it until I told him I will take car to another dealership. The car had sit there over a week and they was telling me they was working on it.

All types of lies I was given. Ran into problem in shop, at that time they never move the car or touch it while lie into me they was working on it. I cannot get any dealership to fix my transmission. I would like know why Ford want purchase these cars back. This is the first Ford car I have purchased and last. Need to find out what can I do to get rid of this junk. This went in the shop a week after I purchase it, there had been nothing but stuttering, jerking, noise, you name it. I will never purchase another FORD.

I am the unfortunate owner of a 2013 Ford Focus. I have owned the car exactly a year. When I first bought it used from dealer I noticed a shuddering with acceleration. I took it in and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I had to get used to driving that since it drove much different than my Accord. I just kept thinking it was me. Flash-forward to this January. I am driving on interstate doing 70 and car stalls. Without warning. RPMs will skyrocket but car won't move. Transmission failure pops up. In the middle of this I am almost ran over by a logging truck. I get towed home. I take it in to Ford. They said it's covered and they "repair it" for free. I take it home, drive less than 50 miles and it begins to shudder and lurch me forward. The terrible road noise returns when speed's between 45-60.

I take it back. They "look at it" and say the codes don't appear and when driving it on the roads that don't go to that speed limi they can't get it to recreate. They keep brushing it off. I take it home driving about 50 miles. The car stalls uphill on interstate going 75. Again I am almost hit several times before I can get to the shoulder. RPMs skyrocket and I can't go. I pull over and then it off. Then it won't start. I finally get it to start and the shuddering is worse than before. It feels like someone is quickly slamming on the brakes between gears. Again 3rd visit to Ford and they say it can't be the 14m01 and 14m02 again and I'll be alright.

Well I take it home and it does it again. I call Ford. The lady said it matches all symptoms but she can't force repairs. Ford will not help past the first extended warranty repair. My car has dropped a lot in value. Not all repairs are on Carfax either. I can't even get rid of this car since it's basically valueless. Ford should buy this back above value and let me drive something I don't fear for my life in. This has gotten ridiculous.

Ok here's my story. I owned a 2014 Ford Focus. Nice looking car, red with tinted windows, bought it brand new. Car gave me problems at 2000 miles. Transmission light came on. Ok I said I'll take to the dealer. I took it at 5000 miles for the same reason and they said it's normal because I was pushing on the brake too much... Like stuck in traffic. I said ok sooo... Well they come with clutches and when you brake the clutches are on the transmission. Ok no one told me this when I bought it. Well I went off on the road again. The car begin to shudder at 10000 miles. Just bad got tired of it at 22000 miles. Went back to dealer and they said "you need new clutches." Ok put them on. Free. The car worked good for 3 months.

From 30000 miles to 440000 car would stall. Turn off by itself. RPMs would be at 2500 just parked or stuck in a red light... Left me stranded a couple of times. Went back again at 44000 miles. Told me "you need new clutches again." I said "** I'm filing lemon law case." I got a lawyer, filed Sept 2016 and now I can say I won my case. Ford bought my car back... Paid off my loan at 15k and gave me some money back. So to all the people that spend their hard earn money to buy yourself a vehicle... File a lemon law case. Get your money back.

Ford Focus Company Profile