2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Ford Focus is a compact car that has been around since 1998. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Ford Focus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

It's an okay car. It has the look of a larger car however I fee like I'm sitting in a bucket. I'm not a tall person however I would like more room. There is a hump in the middle between the driver and passenger that makes me feel restricted.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This Focus has taken a beating, and it just keeps going. It was even in a head on collision, and it miraculously came out of it pretty well (the Honda didn't make it). I was shocked. I would have thought that collision would've totaled it, but it wasn't that bad considering the circumstances. I was and am still amazed. I wasn't sure I felt safe in a small car like that, but that changed my mind.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ford Focus 4 door Sedan; very dependable, peppy car but trouble with motor mounts, stabilizers and doesn’t take bumps well. But I would buy it again. At 129,000 miles minimal rust. No major inconveniences and with snow tires it’s unstoppable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I’ve owned it since 2006 and have had very little issues. Best car I’ve owned. It can take a beating. Handles well in the snow as well. When I purchase another vehicle it will be another Focus, hands down.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have had this 2007 Focus for over 10 years and still using the car for all our purposes. It is very basic. It has roll up windows yet it still has air conditioning with power door locks and power truck latch which is good enough for my wife and I. It is good on gas plus it is also good to repair and keep up. I overheated too much before I realized I needed a new radiator and the engine still stood the test of time. It has 276000 KL. and is still very reliable. Ford is one of few companies family owned which I hope I am right about. It is sad that Ford is not going to make the Focus anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Focus?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I currently have 2013 Ford Focus with 87,000 miles on it, this is the only transportation we have on our household. This thing has been taken twice already for transmission defects, fist time was taken in the car ran really good for like 5,000 miles and started acting up again. Second time around just taking it out of the dealer it started to run badly again (grinding, jerking, sudden acceleration), but the thing is I can't be leaving my only car I have to go to work and the 2 times that's been there it takes at least 15 to get it back now my warranty has expired since it's past the warranty period.

I'm really disappointed on myself for not doing a little more research before buying this car, can't trade it in because of all the value has lost so it would be at lost of a lot of money (at least for me), and the saddest part is I'm still paying for it, I purchased this car in 2017 so I have 2 years left. :( The only chance I give to buy a Ford product and it's the worst car I ever had.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Fuel efficient, sure, and surprising room for a compact (I'm 6'1" tall and have plenty of room), but the transmission issue(s) leaves one to wonder how long it will last, and if it is actually safe. I've survived this long, with minimal issues, but I almost rammed another car in the parking lot the other day when the car lurched forward as if on a 0-60 challenge with only a little tap of the accelerator when pulling into a parking spot. Thank god the car has a good braking system. Supposedly the issue was fixed with a recent software update, but I haven't noticed the change. And I'm now stuck with a car nobody will buy that's worth next to nothing in trade-in value. Live and learn, I suppose...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have had the clutches repaired twice and then on June 28th this year the Ford Focus lunged forward and then stalled on the highway and would then not go into reverse. Ford has recognized they have engineered a faulty vehicle and extended the transmission warranty but would not pay to fix the reverse issue. It was not a coincidence that the reverse stopped working after the transmission failed and yet for almost being killed on the highway I had to pay to repair it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I owned Ford Focus cars. One a 2013, Sedan and one, a 2015, hatchback. I took my 2013 to three different dealerships for what I thought was an engine issue. Ford said, "Woman driver," and said they found, "Nothing." Turns out it was a Powershift transmission issue which was not under a recall, but was under a service bulletin. Ford talked me into buying a new car (2015), and my payment jumped to 410. a month...I could have been driving a BMW for goodness' sake, for that payment! The 2015, wasn't really any better. Ford is out for Ford. They knew those cars were faulty and they made fun of me because I am a woman. They fraudulently sold me a new car citing that fact.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The Ford Focus is the worst car I have ever had next to the Kia Sorento. The transmission was shot from the beginning and Ford refuses to fix the problem. I have had numerous recalls and more issues each week. It shakes and jerks you around like you’re driving a five speed but you’re not.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Ford Focus Company Information