Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.51/5

Ford Focus

The Ford Focus is a compact car that has been around since 1998. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1433 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love this car and it is my second of this model. I like the interior space, hatchback, four door access, cupholders. The colors, the features, the reliability and safety of this car are my favorites. I have actually had several accidents in my first one of these, walked away unharmed, and was able to economically repair the car and keep driving it. But dashboard could use bigger type.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I've had nothing but good experiences with this car. It's perfect for a family like mine. I have drove it in winter and it handled better than my old truck did. So I had to test the brakes and they work perfectly. I know my kids are safe because I almost got in an accident and had to push the brakes real fast and my kids barely jerked out of their seats. I love that it has a back-up camera when I back up I can see everything behind me. Especially when I'm trying to park backing up it will beep if I'm out of the line and it has red and yellow arrows to show me where to go.

It has a phone built into where I can have my hands on the wheel and talk on the phone at the same time. I can also send text messages. I like that it gets Hot fast especially in the winter, but it cools off just as fast. But I don't like the backup noise. Every time you put it in reverse it makes it really really loud beeping sound. And I wish it had heated seat switch. I also don't like that I can't control all the stations with the steering wheel because it doesn't work right.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience with Ford Focus has been nothing but great and I always recommend Ford now. I haven't had an issue with it in the 3 years I've owned it. I love the car completely. I love the size and style of the exterior along with the features on the dash. It's just a flashy car, that's the right size, has lots of room for a small car, and runs very well. But not worrying about all the door latch recalls would be nice.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Wonderful experience. I love my car. The color of the car is a glittery charcoal and it is very pretty. The car is small, but also very fuel efficient. Great gas mileage, great turning radius, and comfortable. Great stereo system as well. I want to get a newer model in the near future. Although an improvement they could make to the car is to make the leg room in the backseat bigger. It is a four door car but the backseat is impractical for passengers.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Ford Focus was a very good car. It was a 2003, I bought it in 2004. It had 1 previous owner. It was my daily driven/work vehicle. It even took me to Arkansas and back (home to Florida) one time. I liked the air conditioning, cd player, power windows and locks, remote key entry (doors and trunk). It was in my price range. All my life my parents owned Fords, so it was a familiar brand to me. It was silver which is one of my favorite colors. But, I would have liked to have window tint, maybe a better sounding factory stereo. Also, it was a little bit slow on the pick up speed (acceleration)... Would like it to have been more like a 6 cylinder...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Focus?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Bought a 2013 Ford Focus, 25,000 miles, lease car. You would think this would be good right? A day after we bought it, my daughter notified me that it was jerking. When we took it to Ford we found out that it was the automatic clutch. That was in May 2018. It is now May 2019 and we just got it back again. The car wouldn't start and it was diagnosed with TCM. This is another major issue; Remember we've only had this car a year with 25,000 miles on it. How can all this be happening? This is the worst car ever and I have had many of them. Also, for people that are taller like six foot even if they are slender, it is hard for them to get in and out of the vehicle and maneuver around. Think twice before buying this vehicle.

Original review: May 2, 2019

WARNING: DO NOT BUY A FORD!!! I leased a 2016 Ford Focus with full intention of buying the vehicle after 3 years of making the lease payments. About 4 months after driving the brand new car, it started to shake. I called the dealership and brought it in numerous times and was told they could find nothing wrong. I then brought it to another dealership and they immediately found that the transmission had a clutch problem that could be fixed. Not only that, but that it was a very common problem and was something that would need to be fixed every 6-12 months depending on how much I drove the car.

I am currently doing the Ford Buyback Program where they buy back the poor, inferior made product that they put out, but at a small fraction of the money I paid. If I sell them back the car, I will lose most of the money I put into the car, and if I keep it, I will need to bring the car into the repair shop every 6-12 months. Ford wins either way. The problem is not that there was an issue with the car, as things happen, the problem is that when Ford has the opportunity to make things right, instead of standing behind their product as a reputable company will usually do, they use that opportunity to again profit at the misfortune of someone who was dumb enough to buy a Ford product.

I am not writing this to tell anyone not to buy a Ford Focus (they are no longer making them because there were so many problems and complaints). I am writing this to tell you not to buy any type of Ford because not only do they put out inferior products, they do not stand behind their products and take care of complaints when they arise.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I purchased a 2016 Ford Focus S, October/ 2016 brand new. 10 months later I took the car into the dealership because the car wasn't driving properly. It would stall going up a hill, stutter after going over speed bumps, it wouldn't accelerate when trying to merge onto highway or after a stop light. It would change gears while driving; you could hear it switch down. Mind you this car is not a stick shift yet it drives like one. So they discovered the car's transmission has a problem with the clutch and they replace the clutch. After that it drove better; so I thought a few months later I took the car back and I'm told they just need to reset the clutch. This resetting of the clutch happened 4 more times between 2017 and 2018.

Here we are March 2019 I take her in to Ford because I have check engine light on and the car is doing the same mess as before. I'm told they checked the transmission and it's good and we reset the clutch again. I then get beyond irritated and contacted Ford Motor Company to file a complaint. I'm given a case worker and #. I go through a series of emails and then take car back to Ford. They now tell me the clutch has to be replaced for a 2nd time. I then have to wait 2 weeks as they don't have the parts. So last week the car went in for the replacement. I pick up the car and without touching the accelerator the car is making the horrible noise. I put my foot on accelerator and it gets worse, drove around the corner and right back into the service bay.

I'm told it's probably the new clutch. The service manager comes out, gets in car with me and immediately says "that doesn't sound good at all" then we go back in garage and he drives car and realizes I'm not crazy. He takes car back to tech and after 20 min tells me that the tech who worked on my car is deaf and we didn't follow up and test drive the car and the axle was not tight. I followed up with case manager about this service and question Lemon Law. I was told car was past time limit and I would have to seek arbitration if I wanted to.

Today Sat, April 27th stopped to get gas, the car was completely off, nothing was on in the car and car wouldn't start, no lights, no beeps, nothing. Called AAA. Tech comes, open hood, removes battery cover, touches the cable on top and says "this is the problem, cable isn't on and not tighten." He lifted it right up with no problem at all. He tighten it and jumped battery to start it. I drove straight to Ford to have them inspect it again, because apparently they aren't checking to make sure my vehicle that I drive every day is fully functional and safe. This is my first Ford product ever and it will be my very last. I will seek out arbitration and I do expect for Ford to compensate for all of my time wasted on dealing with a problem they refuse to acknowledge.

You have bad transmission in these vehicles and I have spoken to several people who had Focus or similar Ford cars with the same issues. When I brought the car in back on Feb for oil change I was told that I need a comprehensive alignment that cost $300 and I asked case manager to provide that as a courtesy and was told no. It's as if Ford does not care about the customer and their overall safety. I absolutely hate Ford and as soon as I am able to get out of this car I'll be happy. Angry and Dissatisfied Customer.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased a 2014 Ford Focus from Kingdom Chevy in Chicago, IL. Since the first day of purchase, I've had issues with the transmission. I was told the stalling in the transmission is normal because that's how the car was built. But the problem is getting worse. I've been taking my car to get it inspected at Metro Ford in Chicago, IL. I've had the TCM replaced and clutches replaced but I'm still having stalling and jerking issues while driving. I just paid Metro Ford $1,850 out of my pocket in December 2018 to have my trans clutches replaced. Now, 3 months later, I'm having problems with the trans again. I take my car back to Metro Ford and they tell me it's not under warranty because the problem now is the clutch forks, not the clutches I had replaced in December. So I paid almost $2000 to have trans work done on my car and 3 months later you tell me I have another trans problem but it's a different part? Are you kidding me???

Now Metro Ford refuses to fix my vehicle and Ford Corporate office is no help either. I've called Ford Corporate office several times but all I get is complaint numbers. No one ever tries to contact me about the issue I'm having with my vehicle. So I'm forced to drive a dangerous car every day because this is the only vehicle I have at the moment. I've almost had so many accidents in my car due to stalling and jerking. And it's really bad when I'm driving on the expressway. I'm forced to drive this car because I have to get to work every day. I work an hour away from home. This is not right at all. Ford does not care about its customers. I regret purchasing this vehicle. I will NEVER purchase another Ford vehicle again in my life. Buyers BEWARE!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a 2014 Ford Focus brand new. After six months, I started having problems with the clutch. They were aware of this and said they were working on a fix. Eventually, they did get a fix. During the clutch issues, I also had transmission issues where they had to replace my transmission twice. After 9 visits to the mechanic over a two year period. Not to mention, one time taking it in, the mechanic yells at me saying "What do you want me to do about it!" I reported him and they offered me a free oil change. Ha!

I finally filed for lemon law. Ford refused to respond to my lawyers. I kept having issues until one day I took it in for another transmission fix to find out I now need a new motor (3K). I thought it was covered under warranty. But they said it was not and refused to fix it as I was 700 miles over the 75K warranty. I have been complaining over and over that the car was not responded correctly, but FORD refused to acknowledge my issues and now again refused to fix my car. So I turned it in. I had to have transportation to get back and forth to work.

They finally settled out of court for 6K. (Not lemon law, but warranty something.) My lawyers got half and I was left with 3K. I still owed 17K on the vehicle. They sold the vehicle at auction and sued me for 12K. So not only did Ford refuse to settle lemon law while I still had the vehicle, they refused to fix my motor with all the transmission and clutch issues I had with only 700 miles over the warranty. FORD CREDIT, my financing company owned by FORD, sued me for the balance. I now have to pay $250 a month for the next four years for a car I don't have. I have owned four FORDS in my life, I will never buy another.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I'm given a 1 star because it won’t let me give it no star. I brought a 2015 new...as in I’m the only owner. Have had the transmission replaced 8 times. Got it back today after transmission work and a fuel recall. Took it in because car makes a grinding noise when I make a turn and told it’s a $1400 fix...what. It’s an internal issue with the steering...huh. "You have passed your warranty..." Excuse me. "No recall so you have to pay." So my understanding is. It’s a internal issue that could kill me at any time that I didn’t do anything to cause and you want me to pay. Doesn’t seem right. This car has given me nothing but trouble. Ford should just take back these cars because they are developing issue after issue.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I leased my 2015 Focus in July '15. I took it back 5 days after picking it up as the transmission didn't feel right. I was told it was fine. March 2016, had the clutch replaced for the 1st time. September 2016, had the clutch replaced for the 2nd time. I was told it was a redesigned part, and I won't have any more issues with it. Sept 2017, had the clutch replaced for the 3rd time. July 20185, clutch had to be replaced for the 4th time. Seems like every 6 months it needs a new clutch. I'm looking at ending my lease early as I have no faith that sometime soon it will require another clutch. Dealership won't help other than Ford will just keep fixing it. So in 3 years and only 57,000km, this car has been through 4 clutch replacements. I'm going to Hyundai.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The radio stopped working. The cost to repair it is over $700. I have been advised that the radio malfunctioning is a common problem in the Ford Focus. However Ford will not correct this defect without cost. Ford should be ashamed of themselves! They are fully aware of the radio defect and as such should correct the issue without cost! I will never buy a Ford vehicle again. A company that does not stand behind its product is a disgrace.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I am only halfway on paying for my 2012 Ford Focus that I bought in 2014. I had 2 coolant issues repaired recently and the dealership has admitted finally I need the transmission clutch repaired also. The 100,000 mile extended warranty given for that model by Ford for this problem, is no longer good for me because I have 107,000 miles on car. When I tried to get it looked at before the 100,000 I was told that it's just the way the car is. The car runs fine. So the problem wasn't fixed. I noticed recalls on same problem for 2015 and 2016 models. Meantime the starter is going bad the recall for gas tank problem I believe has caused my car to be sitting dead in my yard so it's to be towed up to dealer again.

I would like to see a recall done on the 2012 model as well. I cannot afford the transmission repairs for the dealership has gladly told me almost 3000.00. The starter 729.00. Now the engine light is on. The car was running when I took the car into the dealership for the coolant repairs the very within 2 days car stopped running and had it towed. The TCM had gone bad and starter and transmission and now the gas tank problem. Ford customer service has been called numerous times and there is nothing I can do about the transmission. I would love to hear back out there on what troubles consumers are having with their 2012 models. Also, the paint is badly peeling off the hatch of the car.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Bought a 2016 Focus Titanium brand new... 30k vehicle. Had the car for 13 months when my navigation system started acting up. Would not follow where my vehicle was at on the road, Bluetooth constantly connecting/disconnecting from phone, aux cord would work for a few moments, then a message would pop up. It could not connect to media device. Took car in twice and my issue was never resolved. Was going to take it in for the third time after the holidays. Went out of state to spend Christmas with family when I lost 4th gear while driving with my 8 year old child (12/24/18).

My car would not reverse after losing 4th gear. I dropped my car off at Ford dealership 12/26/18 to have repair done but had to leave it out of state as I needed to return home for work. 12 days later, they still have my car. I was advised they won’t be replacing transmission, but rebuilding my engine instead. I had to call them since they were not in contact with me to update me on the status of my car. I called 1/2/19 where they said it was fixed but needed to go through all steps of engine to see what failed? (Did not make sense to me since they just told me the vehicle was fixed.) They said it would be ready 1/4/19. I received a message from them later in the day 1/2/19 stating the vehicle needed a part and it would not be arriving until Tuesday 1/8/19.

As soon as I get my car back home, I will have to drop it off, yet again, at Ford, for them to completely replace my navigation system (Ford dealership that is repairing it said it could take 2 to 4 weeks for the part to arrive. Did not want to wait that long). I filed a claim with Ford asking for them to replace my vehicle. They have declined to replace it. I am a few months shy of 2 years having my car. Have 22k miles... It’s very disheartening that a company knowingly sells these faulty vehicles and do not put their customers first with these serious issues. I will NEVER again buy another Ford vehicle. I cannot put my child, or any others in an unreliable vehicle. Neither should you, Ford...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

So I am a 2-time owner of a Ford Focus. First one being a 2007 that has been loyal to me and is still chugging along! I still own that vehicle. Decided to hand that off to my sister to enjoy and decided to upgrade to a 2014 Focus. Worst decision I've ever made to date. The 2014 Focuses all have recalls on the transmissions due to Ford taking the cheap route and inputting faulty transmissions in all the 2014 year models. The sour part is Ford is aware of the failure yet ONLY approves of the dealerships replacing parts of the faulty transmissions instead of doing right by the customers and replacing the entire thing! I haven't even had my vehicle for 2 years and within the first year the battery failed and transmission followed... they put a simple band-aid fix to the transmission that only remedied the situation for about 3 months until I had to return it AGAIN for the same issue. It failed on me that time TWICE in 48 hours!

Then 3 months later it failed another 3 times! Most times the car fails I'm either driving on a high-speed highway or on a dark country road at night. Both very unsafe places for a car to continuously give out. Ford is fully aware and their only remedy is "we can replace the part again". I'll never put my trust in Ford again. I've owned Hondas as well as Nissans before and never have I experienced this kind of careless response from a company regarding the safety of their customers who invest thousands of dollars into THEIR vehicles. TRY YOUR LUCK ELSEWHERE. YOUR LIFE WILL DEPEND ON IT!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We purchased a 2013 Ford Focus new for our college-aged son in 2012. It has had nothing but problems, which Ford excuses time and again. First, we have dealt with the jerky, hesitating transmission, which has had numerous recalls, but never corrected. Now, Ford has issued a recall, saying the car could stall and completely lose power, but that they aren’t able to fix it yet. Their “remedy” is to keep the fuel tank above a half tank and hopefully, you won’t get killed in it if you do that.

My son now has a wife and two children under 2 and everyone is just supposed to hope that their car doesn’t stall on the interstate and cause their deaths!! How is this acceptable??!! To top it off, we had previously owned a 2003 Ford Expedition, which died at least four times while I was driving on the highway. Ford couldn’t figure out the problem, and we traded that death trap back to them because we could not have sold it to anyone in good conscience! I believe that Ford has known that they have numerous models that are losing power on the road for quite a while, and has chosen to remain quiet and let people die.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We purchased a 2016 Ford Focus because my son in law swore by Ford product. The first year we didn’t have any issues with the vehicle, got it serviced as need be, time line of service dates, etc. Last year the piece in the transmission had to be replaced, honestly didn’t think much of it as Ford seemed to bend over backwards to fix the issue, but less than a year later and it began doing the same thing. We took it back to the dealership (in a new city because we had moved) and not only did They lose our car for days they said they fixed the issue. Not two days later the car was doing the exact same thing so back to the shop we went where once again they lost our car.

We spoke to one supervisor after another with no resolution whatsoever as they insisted there was nothing wrong with the car. The car was not driveable at all. Ford credit wouldn’t get involved, we were not eligible for the “buy back program” that Ford talks about and felt our only option was to voluntarily turn it in. Ford refuses to come pick it up as it would be considered a repossession, keep in mind the only Ford dealership near us is the horrible one we had nothing but horrific dealings with so we were asked to turn it in there. My son in law went to turn it in, the guy refused to give him a paper stating it was being turned in but my sil managed to get a video recording with the guy stating his name.

Two months later we receive a bill stating the bill is last due, when we called to state that the car had been dropped off they called the dealership and guess what?! They can’t find the car!!! Two days after the car was turned in Ford put out a recall on these particular malfunctions that the focus continues to experience. We want something done once and for all about this issue as they want to charge off the entire $16,000 instead of the difference they would sell the car for. Ford is nothing more than a scam and their vehicles are not to be trusted as they are completely unsafe for anyone that gets behind the wheel of these cars. I strongly suggest Looking at any other car manufacture before ever considering signing your life and all your finances over to Ford credit.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have always been a Ford customers, but when I bought my 2016 Ford Focus I have had nothing but problems with it. And now vehicle isn't operable and when I go to call Ford Roadside Assistance they want me to pay out of pocket for it to be towed to the dealership. And when I called the dealership they told me that I didn't need to pay out of pocket for the tow because I am still covered under warranty. So I had to call my own Insurance and they won't charge me out of pocket to be towed to the dealership. And I've only had the vehicle for 2 yrs, and I still have coverage for it to be towed but that's what I get for sticking with Ford. They care more about their greed selfish lives than caring for the consumer. So when I get that vehicle fixed I'm leaving Ford and I don't plan on ever getting another Ford. Oh and don't rely on the Roadside Assistance you'll just end up paying for it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I'm more than unsatisfied with my 2015 Ford Focus. I bought the Focus new in 2015 and have had transmission problems from day 1. I took the vehicle to the dealer twice to have the transmission looked at but was told that nothing was wrong with it. I contacted Ford Motor Company and was told that my transmission warranty was extended past the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty but only if the vehicle will not shift from park to other gears. My transmission stalls and flutters when shifting gears and has since it was brand new 3 years ago. This is not an uncommon problem.

This problem is for all Focus' that year and a couple other model years that have the paddle shift option. Last year when the car was just 2 years old I had reached the 36,000 mile warranty coverage. At 37,000 miles I had to sew the driver seat together because it was coming apart. My Bluetooth does not work nor does the USB line in option for the radio. I would not recommend a Ford vehicle to anyone and will not be purchasing a Ford vehicle again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased a 2012 focus with 35,000 miles on it. At about 41,000 miles the power steering would fail as I backed out of the driveway or while I was driving down the street. I could still steer the car, however the power steering warning would come on, and once I parked the car the power steering would return to normal, before randomly doing it again. I took it into the dealership to be told they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It finally quit for good at 61,053 miles (1,053 miles over the warranty). I was told I was out of luck. Even though it had been seen for the issue. My transmission went out at 70,000 miles, and is going out again at 130,000 miles. Plain and simple, don’t purchase a Focus unless you want more in repair bills than you paid for the car itself.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Bought my Focus 2014 certified. Well I've had 80000 miles on it when my catalytic converter went out. Took to the dealership and was told it wasn't covered. Later found out it had been but they wouldn't pay for it because the 100000 warranty had expired but had extended warranty. I'm still waiting to get called for a recall on latch. Dont think they will even call me. The latest is the transmission shudders a lot. Every time I've taken it in I'm told it's normal. Normal my butt. And the power steering has went out 3 times but I'm told it's working fine. I believe this power steering is a major safety issue and Ford needs to Fix these vehicles before someone gets killed. I drive store to store daily and don't want to be the one that loses her life to get them to recall and fix it. Doesn't anybody at Ford know what truth is??? I think not.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Updated on 12/14/2018: Ford Motor Company is a joke. Just so we are all clear. We have been put through the ringer and nothing has been done for our 2014 Ford Focus. There is a class action lawsuit against them for an issue with the transmission/clutch. This problem is a $1500 repair. This has happened a total of 3 times now and we have hired a lemon law attorney and Ford refused any negotiation. We have tried contacting Ford ourself and they won’t work with us privately. We have now had to resort to small claims court.

To top it all off, we received a notice from Ford that there is another recall on this same vehicle. A completely different issue. Ford is refusing to make this right. I’m completely disappointed in this company and just wanted to publicly state that. We don’t have much money and the money we have we work hard for. This is very frustrating. We can’t sell the vehicle because it’s not worth anything now and we are only a year from having it paid off. We really don’t want to start all over on a new car loan. When someone buys a brand new car, you expect that it will run and be reliable. Well apparently not if you buy a Ford vehicle.

Original review: We bought the 2014 Ford Focus in January 2015. The car was new. We had a transmission slipping issue, was covered by our warranty. We then had this same issue 2 more times. A total of 3 times. We were informed by the dealership this is a manufacturer's mistake and put a manual clutch in an automatic transmission and this issue will continue to happen. There is no real fix. Contacted Ford, no options given. Told they would cover it till my warranty is use then after that, it’s my issue to fix. This clutch assembly can cost $1500-$1800 to fix each time. So far it goes out yearly. Why can’t people just do the right thing? Instead of keeping a lifetime customer, you now have lost one.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

2013 Ford Focus with transmission clutch problem. Ford extended the problem up to 100k miles. My vehicle had 101282 miles and Ford would not honor it. 1282 miles over and they would honor it knowing it was a major issue that they messed up on, I thought they could have good faith honor considering it was only 242 miles over. Screw Ford.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have to rate the Ford Focus the bottom in quality of vehicles we've owned. The reason I say this is that we've bought two Focuses for our daughters, a 2012 and 2013 models, for them while they are and were in their college years. From the beginning we've had nothing but trouble, transmission wise, with both vehicles. It all pertains to the automatic transmissions and their problems of slipping from first to second gear. Up until today, 12 August, 2018, both vehicles have had their transmissions rebuilt twice each. Today, our 2013 Focus would not even go into gear and had to be towed to the Ford dealership. This is a total of five times that, between both vehicles, they have had to spend days in the shops having transmission work.

The mechanics that we've spoken to at the Ford dealership are aware of these issues. They say that it is a common, known mechanical issue with the years and models. The inconvenience of having to take time off from work and headaches from dealing with these issues is not worth it. The vehicles are great looking cars and are good with price for starter vehicles for a high school or college student. The mechanical issues and the headaches that go along with these issues make the Ford Focus a bad buy. If I had to recommend a starter car for anyone starting out, until the Ford Motor Company does something with the transmission issues, I highly do not advise anyone to buy this vehicle.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Bought the car in May 2013. Was driving to Florida Jan 24, 2015 (18,397 miles). Car lost power on I-95 to Florida, Ford came and towed the car to Burns Ford Mercury in Lancaster SC (603 286 4414). Car lost power on I-95 going south. Burns had to keep the car overnight and got it fixed the next afternoon. Repaired wiring Harness. Car seemed to work ok for a bit. Jan 3, 2017 car lost power and one would not put the car in gear. Had it towed to Champion. Ford kept the until Jan 31. 1st they replaced the clutch and then realized there was an issue with the transmission. Lost the transmission they ordered (?), had to order another. Replaced the transmission with a New transmission not a rebuilt (was told they usually use rebuilds for cars under warranty), A case was open with Annette at Ford (**) at the end Annette offered an extended warranty for a additional 3 years (36,00 miles).

Feb 17 car made a whining noise and then there was another noise. Took the car back to Champion but they could not look at it right away. I was leaving for Florida, so they kept the car for 2 ½ weeks, Came back, told me they heard no noise. April 7, 2017 the car had the same issues as Jan 3. (new case no.**). Could barely get it into gear and it made a terrible shaking and jerking noise. Had it towed (again) to Champion where I picked up another loaner. Was told there was an issue with the NEW transmission. I called Annette (April 9) to tell her that the car issue was not resolved. She told me Ford did as much as could. AND the file was closed. I did ask if I got a lemon, her tone changed, got very defensive and read me what the PA Lemon laws were but did not tell me any updates to the law.

Finally got the car back April 27. They rebuilt the transmission and did work on the clutch, which was fixed on Jan 3. I have a very strong feeling that there is no fix to the issues. I paid for the clutch in January, just after I paid for the clutch. They came out with a recall BUT only for automatics (?). I got a notice from Ford and was told it did not apply to my car by Champion. If it did not apply why did I get the notice. Same issues that are going on with the automatics are going on with manual cars. So obviously there has been problems and Complaints.

I tried to solve this issue with the Ford Family but not happy with the outcome. I feel the car is unsafe to drive as it gives no signals when this loss of power and clutch does not work. No lights. Just stops working. What would happen on the freeway or if one was making a turn on a busy street. I go out of town and cannot take this car. My request is for you to reimburse me for the cost of the clutch AND to do a buyback.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Ford Focus is very reliable and dependable. I like it very much. It is also very good on gas mileage. I love the fact that it has XM radio. It is better than traditional radio. I like the unique blue color of my car. I am pretty happy with it already but add more safety features.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I love my Ford Focus. It's a great family car that's for sure. It has had all kinds of trips and it still going. It gets good highway mileage. However, I would like to be able to put different size tires on it. The Ford that I own only has low profile tires on it and that's the only size tire that can go on it. But other than that, I love the fact that it has 2 different places to anchor car seats. One is where the seat is and the other one is located where the back glass is. The anchors for the car seats is what made me want the Ford Focus over my other car. It was older and it didn't have the option for the anchors.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The 2001 Ford Focus was purchased used . From a friend. It was available and the price was right and the person who I bought it from allowed me to make small payments. It also was very well maintained by that person. It was just a filler need as I needed a second vehicle very badly. It is a very basic line car. And because it is an older model I find I'm spending a lot of money to repair and maintain that. It is hard to see it has very large blind spots. And I don't particularly like having a long wagon vehicle. I wish that they would do better with some of the mechanicals. Several of the window motors of gone out and silly things like that.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The car is great on gas. A little small but worth the price, the color is great. I get a lot of compliments on it, still has new car scent. Also gets me where I need to be. Just wish it was more spacious. Also, wish it had WiFi radio. Even so, I love my car and I'm lucky.

Ford Focus Company Information