Ford Focus

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought this brand new in 2013, the car was a comfy ride, and the transmission seemed OK when I test drove it. The next couple days I discovered some serious jerkiness while driving it and brought it back to which they said they reset the "TCM" and update some other such things. I was back to have them do this again in about another week as it didn't seem to fix anything, and they said the car has to learn how you drive before the "jerkiness" goes away (load of BS)

So - I still have this car, and have so far: been on the highway and the transmission just completely stops working, been in an intersection and the transmission will slip causing me to almost get hit, been parked, go to reverse and the car completely stops responding, every single time I'm on a highway then hit bumper to bumper traffic this transmission will start jumping the car forward and if you're not paying attention with the brakes you'll most likely nail the car in front of you.

But - Ford keeps saying "oh yeah nothing we can do" which is great to hear. They sold me, and from the looks of it thousands of others this lemon POS transmission and they're acting like it's our fault in some way. I've had this thing reset probably 5-10 times now and it seems that after a certain amount of miles it gets so bad you need to have it reset.

Ford isn't the only company I've had terrible customer experiences with, but man, I really wanted to like this car as there is a part of me as an American who says "man, I want to be proud of this product" but when my friends and family's Hondas have issues they take care of them no questions asked. If Ford wants to compete with these other companies, believe your customers when they say there is an issue with your product that YOU need to fix due to an issue with what YOU have created and released.

Treat the customer well and we'll be happy if you mess up. When you keep screwing us over taking our money for these "repairs" it makes people like me give up on trusting your products. I'm not going with another Ford for the foreseeable future. Make a quality product someday and I might take another look, combine that with some improved customer service, or rather give your customer service teams the ability to ACTUALLY help us then maybe you'll win some of us back. Until then, get your head out of the dirt and start listening, I'm done with your company.

I got my 2013 Ford Focus a little over two years ago. I got it in Topeka, Ks and I was happy at the time. Shortly after that my windshield cracked and my car started slipping with the transmission so I took it back to the car dealership and they told me that all the Ford's Focus are made that way so I drove it like that the whole time. I was just clueless because I said it drive like a go-cart. So the next thing that went out on the piece of junk was the radio. I was hearing popping noise that sound like live wires hitting hot electricity. It would just pop and I would jump out of my skin every time it done that, this loud whistle sound coming from the radio. I was thinking the car was going to blow up. I kinda wish it did with me not in it but over time it blew out.

So now I don't have a radio then I get this letter from Ford saying there is a recall on the door latches and to reprogram the transmission. So after that was done it still drive the same. Then my brakes need to be fix. Then all of a sudden the transmission went out. So I called Ford headquarters and they inform me that it was a recall so I make an appointment with Dick Ford dealership in Raytown, Missouri on a Friday.

So I took off early to have them to do a diagnostic test on the transmission and I walk in talk to a guy name TJ ** and a heavy set older guy stated that they don't make appointments for transmission on Friday. And I explain to them what was going on with the car and he was very rude explaining the process about what Ford will fix and not fix and if your car is over 100,000 miles that they won't fix it. It was the clutch of the transmission that they won't fix over 100,000 and I told him I almost roll back into a car that was behind me at a light. They didn't care and were very rude. Remind you that I had just seen them just a couple of months before this happen.

So now I am driving just to work and back staying close to my area when I drive this raggedy car. Also I want to add I did call Ford headquarters right after seeing the poorly consumer assistance I receive from Dick Smith Ford in Raytown, Missouri. That customer service from Ford explain it all to me and I wasn't aware of this so call recall. A representative over the phone with Ford inform me that I should have register my car through Ford when I first got the car, but who does that.

I read a lot of review under Consumer Affairs about the Ford Focus. And I feel something needs to be done about this because I don't have the money to fix everything with this car driving around like this because this is going to go out completely. I do have AAA but I can't fix this broke down car. I can't believe that Ford is still selling this piece of crap. I contact another dealership just to check on getting another car and I inform him I don't want NO FORD. Never again will I buy one. Shame on you Ford, and if there is a class action Lawsuit is going on please contact me someway or somehow.

I purchased my Ford Focus 2015 brand new with 10 miles on it. I have had the vehicle for just over a year and a half. The vehicle has been in the shop for transmission and clutch issues over a dozen times. I have been in contact with the Ford Corporate offices and there has been no help. I want nothing to do with Ford. I have been taken advantage of by the dealerships. At Greenway Ford in Orlando, one of the service associates literally said to me all they are going to do is look at it for a few hours and give it back. I have spoken to a different dealership. They said nothing can be done. I am currently sitting on the side of a road because something fell through the bottom of my car and is scraping on the road. I will put his car through litigation if necessary. I want every penny back I spent on this car and I want nothing to do with Ford. I have been having issues with this car from the beginning and no one seems to know what they are doing.

2014 Ford focus shudders, loses power. I bought this car Sept 2015 from Enterprise car dealership. I did have it checked out and even checked for a recall...(Carfax). I found none before I bought it! I started feeling a shuddering as I went from starts to speeding up. I did find out that the car did have a recall for this very thing. I even took the car into a dealership in my area and was told that as it did not show up on code they were not obligated to fix it! I had even called Ford Co. and was assured that it should be taken care of by them.

I had to keep driving it as I have obligations... Dr appointments, etc. I have even had a fender bender as it hesitated as I was pulling into traffic (a good running vehicle would have been ok for that move)... well I just had the car back into a different dealership as I needed it to be fixed (too many close calls, even on the freeway losing power). They told me my warranty has expired and it will cost up to $2k to get it fixed!!! I believe they purposefully put low mileage for that warranty as they knew it would still be a problem... cha ching for the dealerships!! If I wreck due to this I promise there will be a lawsuit!!!

2013 Ford Focus Titanium - After reading the reviews I should not be surprised by my transmission failure at 65000 miles. Bowen-Scarff Ford in Kent, WA wants over $800.00 just to "find out" what is wrong. They say that the recalled parts that operate the transmission that they had to replace YESTERDAY are not to blame for the transmission failure and they have "never seen" one of these transmissions fail. Really?? They also "don't know" if it can be just replaced or not. Took me but a moment to find out about these!

First two mechanics I spoke with outside of the dealership told me about these transmissions failing, and precisely why they fail. Poor design! It's actually a manual transmission with a clutch plate made to shift like an automatic transmission. These parts not operating correctly can lead to internal transmission issues and failures and Ford and Bowen Scarff Ford SHOULD know what to do and how to take care of the customer. Instead, nobody wants to take care of Ford's failure to put a quality product in the hands of a consumer.

Don't trust Ford and Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, WA with your car and your money, and DON'T TAKE A CHANCE ON A FORD PRODUCT. I will take my car elsewhere. Ford Motor Company, shame on you for selling poorly designed and poorly built products and not standing behind them. These cars are not cheap and fail prematurely. Lastly, these are all highway miles. This should not be an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

I bought my 2013 Ford Focus used at CarMax. Within days the transmission started slipping and jerking. Found out there was a recall on the clutches. Ford replaced a seal the first time and clutches the second time. Then with 61300 miles on it 1300 over warranty my flexplate breaks. Ford Motor company/Jones West Ford in Reno won't pay the $1159 to fix it. I believe that the slipping clutch plates caused the stress on the flexplate causing it to break.

After my wife and I both owning Fords for 20+ years, this will be our last one. We only have 55k miles on it and it has been in the shop for transmission work 5 different occasions already. It shutters, it slips and it completely goes out. Every time we bring it to our local Ford dealer that we purchased it to for warranty work it comes home with new problems that they say much have been there before we brought it in. Typically keep a car for 100+k miles, doubt this one ever will make it that far.

I am a very pissed off owner of a 2014 Ford Focus. This car has been a problem from the very beginning. You would think I bought a used lemon rather than a brand new car. This turd has been in the shop repeatedly for issues that every Ford Focus owner has been experiencing. The transmission is repeatedly going out. The electronics are going out. My computer screen on the dashboard has gone out. The overhead light won't turn on properly or when it does come on it don't want to go out. Also the passenger side door handle had to be replaced. I have three more years of paying on this car and I am so mad. My family has always owned Ford's. We buy American but we will never buy another Ford. My niece bought the same exact car at the same time I purchased mine and her Ford is just as bad as mine. Ford I want a refund or a new car at no extra cost.

I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus with an automatic transmission in 2013 with around 12,000 miles on it. Shortly after purchasing this vehicle I noticed a hesitation while trying to accelerate and a shuddering from my transmission. I called a Ford dealer and was told that this is just how the car is and it was normal. After a few more months I noticed noises when the car was shifting and I again called a Ford dealer to see about having it looked at. Again, I was told that this was normal for the type of transmission in the Ford Focus (some combination transmission type with an electronic component was how it was explained). After the transmission getting louder and stuttering I finally was able to get Ford to look at it and was told they had to reset some computer system. It improved for awhile then started the same loud, shuddering shifting issues. It always seemed to be the worst in the lower gears... trying to get up over 25-35 mph.

Eventually Ford had recalled the TCM and after a long wait I was able to get it looked at and replaced. It helped for around a year then it went downhill fast. This time I had all the previous problems with the transmission and a new problem: it would refuse to accelerate almost as if it was falling out of gear. One afternoon my car literally would not move and I had to put it in reverse then back in drive a couple times to get it to move and I could feel it slipping. I drove it straight to the Ford dealer. I thought that Ford had extended the warranty for the transmission but they only extended it for the TCM. I was charged over $1000 for a shift fork in a car that had around 77,000 miles (with a lot of those highway miles). This was an automatic transmission so it was not as if I was shifting heavy. Any damage to that part was due to the horrible transmission Ford put in it! I got it back and on my drive home from the Ford service shop it broke down with the same exact problem!

I immediately contacted Ford and had it towed back to be fixed properly. This time they told me the TCM needed to be replaced again! It was covered but of course I had already paid over $1000 for a new shift fork and will never know whether that repair was even necessary. I have my car back after all these repairs but it still is sluggish in accelerating and shifting, it shudders, it makes noises. I called customer care and was given no help. I have purchased 6 Fords over the past 20+ years and will not buy another Ford after this experience. Ford knows they put out a poor product in the Ford Focus but will not do anything to correct it. Covering 1 part for an extended period of time is not taking care of the customer. Very disappointed.

I've had hours of repairs since the very beginning. 2 different clutches 3 if you count the one that came on it. Numerous re programmings. Countless hours waiting. Loaner cars. Taken days of work. And after all the hell we've been through our dealership said if the clutch goes out again. I'll be paying $1200. Because Ford will not recall the clutches and even with all the problems at 100k I'm screwed. Paid 23k a year and a CPL months ago for a brand-new car and nothing but problems. They don't care and I'm a Ford guy. This 15 Focus has caused problems at work and 2-hour round trips pure hell for a new car. I've been to my dealership 5 or 6 times all transmission problems. I owned a Fusion didn't have 1 problem until 279k. These 15 Focus are junk. I wouldn't put this on my worst enemy. Beware.

Ford Focus SE 2013 Shudder Problems - I bought my Ford Focus this spring. Was so proud to have owned the newest car for me ever! I had it for a week and noticed when I would run around a little bit in it to get the engine warmed up it would shudder when I would take off from a stop. I did it several times then I called the company where I purchased it from. In Wichita, Kansas a Toyota Eddy's off of their used lot. It only had 52,000 miles drove. Great on the test drive. Got a loan from my bank. Was so proud.

So I called. The maintenance took it in. Told them I knew what was wrong. It was the transmission. Ford has had problems with 2012-2014 with the take off from 1st to second gear. They couldn't help me. They weren't a Ford Company. I need to take it to Ford. Well they looked at me like I was stupid. So no help. I can't believe there is not a recall for this. What do I do now? Just drive 'til it stops then where will I be? Please I need answers from someone. Thanks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Since posting my review on the Ford Focus transmission problems, Ford Motor Co. in conjunction with dealership has stepped in to find a equitable solution. I contacted the Ford Motor Co. and the Ford dealership where initially vehicle was purchased. Both the dealership and Ford Motor Co. customer service manager worked together to repair my daughter's Ford Focus transmission. Ford assume a portion of the repair cost and my part was $750. Vehicle so far running fine.

Joseph of Vancouver, WA on

Original Review

Purchased new 2014 Ford Focus SE on Aug 6, 2013 for our daughter. Started having issues with transmission July 7, 2015. Dealership reprogram TCM and replace clutch under warranty. Daughter temporarily moved to CA go to school. Nov 16, 2016 my daughter calls us crying desperate with transmission issues again and vehicle is taken to nearest Ford dealership. Dealership replaces TCM at no charge under warranty and replaces clutch which cost my wife and I $2009. On May 2017 desperately calls again vehicle won't start so my daughter pays for a new battery and gets it installed.

While driving vehicle transmission fails to engage properly not going more than 5 miles and won't engage in reserve. Vehicle towed to same dealership that replaced TCM and clutch. Dealership finding states transmission needs replacing. Cost approximately $5,000. Had to have vehicle shipped back home to Washington state and daughter has no vehicle and we still owe $7,000. Ford completely ignoring the issue. These dual clutch transmission is a failure. Leaving the customer having to deal with the nightmare of a manufacture defect. This is totally unacceptable!

Purchased my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in February of 2013. I was excited to continue my history of owning a Ford. Problems started immediately with the transmission. I chalked it up to just being a different car and new feelings. Then the recall information came out. I had the computer work done and things were okay for the most part until now. At about 50,000 miles the transmission is the worst it has been and after taking it to the dealership I was told that NOTHING is wrong and that I will have to just deal with it. I can't even enjoy a car ride without frustration, disappointment, and worrying about my safety. They will not help. What I do need to do to get this fixed? How are they not held responsible? I still owe on the vehicle and it's like a slap in the face. I will never buy a Ford again... they don't take care of their customer and that is such a shame.

I purchased my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium in 2014. It had less than 10,000 miles on it, fully loaded. Best car ever, so I thought. I have had nothing but trouble out of this car, from the transmission, sputtering, stalling, to computer malfunctions, each time I take it in they name a different issue. This time it's the fuel injector and the sensor Ford claims that it's not cover under my warranty. So I had to pay $125.00 for the diagnostics and now I need to come up with over $1,500 for repairs plus storage fees because the piece of junk is occupying a parking space at Ford Mall of Georgia. I grow up thinking that Ford was a great American car company. I'm so sad I was wrong. Something should be done. This car is not only a headache it's also dangerous. I will never buy a Ford again! (I only gave 1 star because it a required field to submit a review, I give this car and this company ZERO stars.)

2015 Ford Focus and the automatic clutch has went out on this car twice now. It's the worst car ever and thing is I work for ford... I have not even had the car two years. I really think it was a lemon from the start.

I bought my Ford in 2012 with about 40000 miles on it. Early on, I noticed shuddering in the transmission, but assumed that it was just because of the type of transmission. Around maybe 85,000 I noticed there was something leaking. I thought it was from the air conditioning condensation. In late July/Early August of 2016, I took a trip in my Ford Focus to visit a friend in Wilmington, NC. It was me and my 2 children and due to a mess up by our mortgage company, we had very little money. When we arrived at my friend’s house, my car which I had driven the entire way to Wilmington from Pittsburgh, PA would not start. It didn’t start for a few hours after which was extremely stressful, but I thought maybe the engine was just hot.

The next day, we went to Walmart and had no problem getting there. We did our shopping and get back to the car, it would not start. It was pouring down rain and so I had to lug my two children back out through this massive storm to get to the auto center. We get there and I am completely distraught. They jumped my car and determined it was what they thought- the battery. Buying that battery used up what little money I had left until my next paycheck.

The next day, we decided to take a trip to the beach because it was close and inexpensive. We drove to the beach no problem and played for a bit. We get back to the car and it won’t start. New battery and all, the car just would not start. After about 5 minutes, it started running again. At this point, my anxiety is just through the rough and the kids are scared. I cried a lot because I didn't know what to do at all. I was watching the house for a friend and didn't know anyone. We had to just not go anywhere for a day or 2 to get this all figured out. It completely ruined what was supposed to be a fun vacation.

At this point, I was at a complete loss. I started researching Ford 2012 Focus problems and found evidence and examples of cars that were acting just like mine. Total loss of power that was completely random. I was stranded out of state with my two kids. It turned out to be something called the TCM. I took my car to a local Ford dealership after speaking with Customer Care and they repaired the TCM but told the clutch was leaking. He basically told me I needed to buy a new transmission which would be close to $2000. I didn’t have the money to fix this and had not received any notices regarding a fix needed on this. I believe this was due to moving and having a new address.

When I learned of the clutch warranty repair, my car was over the mileage. I was under the impression that 100,000 miles was from when I purchased the vehicle, which already had 40,000 miles on it when I got it. Today I learned that they will not stand behind their faulty product. I am completely disgusted and will never own a Ford Vehicle again. To add to my frustration, I attempted to trade in my Ford, which I owe approximately $4000 on and was told that it was worth only $1000 due to the faulty transmission. So I have to pay $2000 to fix a faulty car that is only worth $1000 that I owe $4000 on. Please, someone explain to me how this works? There are TONS of lawsuits against Ford right now. Like, a bazillion lawsuits even a class action lawsuit… I thought maybe if I reached out to them they might help me take care of this issue since it would probably cost a lot less than going through the arbitration process, etc.

I am hoping to get this resolved through Ford and if I can it will restore my faith in their product. If you do research on 2012 Ford Focus and other Ford cars from around that time you can see a TON of sites, posts and news about how these cars are lemons.

Buying my first car, the dealer salesman looked me straight in the face and told me that the transmissions were much better in the 2015 model... Fast forward 9 months and it's been in the shop 3 times for transmission issues and I'm looking into the lemon law. Both my parents work for Ford and can't find any sort of restitution because "that's how it drives" according to the dealership. After all I've went through with this car, I'm not interested in buying Ford again, probably ever.

My daughter purchased a 2014 Ford Focus from Tedd Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA. From the very beginning when driving the car it always felt like you needed to change gears, but considering it was a manual changing gears was not an option. My daughter was a college student at the time of the purchase. While attending school full time she also worked full time as a server. My daughter was proud to buy her first new car and she worked hard to pay for it.

She was encouraged by her Grandfather to purchase the extended warranty on the car and even though it would cause her payments to be higher she said it was a smart investment for later down the road. Her Grandfather also told her to make sure she kept up with the service on the vehicle. She has never missed an oil change, tire rotation, etc... At each service visit she told the service person the problem she was having when driving the car... the jerking, the stalling, the feeling that she should be changing gears, but can't, the random times when it wouldn't start for no reason, etc... and each time she was told they found nothing wrong with the car.

Last week the transmission light came on and she immediately called to schedule an appointment at the local Ford dealership. She scheduled the earliest appointment available, but that wasn't soon enough this past Saturday. 4/22/2017 the car would not drive and it left my 22 year old daughter stranded. The car would not go into reverse and when she tried to drive it the car would not drive faster than 5 mph without shutting down. Some nice stranger told her that maybe the car was in theft mode which is why she was unable to drive it. Wishful thinking! We had to have the car towed to the Ford Dealership in Newport News, VA.

Yesterday, 4/24/2017 the service person contacted my daughter and told her the clutch needed replaced. She told my daughter that the problem was a recall and would be fixed at no cost. Syke! My daughter received a call today and is now being told she would be responsible for the cost of repairs. Excuse me Hall Ford? How are you going to tell your customer one thing one day and something different the next day? Clearly the problem is with the make & model and not because my daughter was irresponsible! My family are loyal Ford customers! My Dad drives a F350 Dual wheel Diesel Truck, I drive a Ford Taurus, my brother drives a Ford Explorer, my sister drove a Ford Explorer, and now my daughter drives a Ford Focus. My daughter just wants her car repaired and drivable. I truly hope Ford does the right thing!

So I got into a car accident back in September of 2014 and that winter I bought the 2012 Ford Focus SEL. At first it was an amazing car and I loved it with all of my heart because it got amazing gas mileage and Bluetooth. Loved the car. Well once I graduated high school and started driving the car longer distances, there were more and more problems with it as I went along.

First: The radio started giving me problems. The speakers would make a firecracker noise throughout the vehicle whether I was driving or not driving. We replaced the speakers because we thought that maybe I had just blown the speakers or something like that. After that the problem still continued and then the radio would turn itself off one its own while I was driving. We replaced the radio and then the battery to my car started to go bad so now 5 batteries deep into the car I still have no radio and the speakers don't make the noise but that's only because they are disconnected.

Second: The weather strip on the drivers side door is completely ripped up and I have no idea why, BUT we did find out that the car had been in an accident and the drivers side door is a replacement and whatever they did they did not make it flush nor did they do a good job fixing it because the door slams against the frame of the car (NOT A GOOD THING).

Third: Now I have seen and heard about the stuttering when accelerating. I have learned that if you turn off traction control that problem goes away, but you have turn it off every time you get into the car. SO that's a huge no for me. They have told me that they could fix it but every time they've "fixed it" it happens again. SO I was told later on that there is an unnecessary part in the transmission that once it's taken out there's no more stutter.

Fourth and final: There is multiple water leaks throughout the car. I can find one, get it fixed and another seems to show up. I have replaced anything and everything to prevent the water leaks, but nothing seems to fix it and there is no leaks or holes in the trunk where the spare tire is and there is always water in there regardless. So overall I have had this car for about 3 years now and I HATE it. Like the level of hate I have for this car is massive.

I am living a nightmare because of my one year old today Ford Focus 2015. From the start it made a rattling sound on acceleration, shuddered, and was slow to accelerate. I traded my very reliable Ford Focus ZXW wagon with 271,000 miles on it for this piece of junk, and at purchase it was NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME that I was buying a car that had a different kind of transmission than the other Focus did. The sticker which I still have, reads AUTOMATIC on this vehicle that has a faulty transmission which is the worst thing that can be wrong with any car.

In October, the dealership that sold it to me kept the car for five days to diagnose the problems. I called every day to see what they had found out and I was met with a stony silence and told the transmission person hadn't had time to look at it yet. When they finally called, the arrogant woman behind the desk told me she had driven it several miles and heard no rattle, so they had not done anything to the car at all in those five days. Are you kidding me? I took it back in again for the same complaints plus the windshield wipers froze in the middle of the windshield and the gas gauge did not read I had put gas in it. Again, they told me there was nothing wrong with the car.

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they arranged with Ford for an engineer to go to the dealership and look at the car. He found that it needed a new clutch which they put in this week. Upon driving the car home, I found that the rattle was gone and now it makes a chirping, squeaking noise on every left turn. This is my family's only car. I emphatically told the salesman at the time of purchase that despite my financial situation from being a single mother for decades, my family needed reliable transportation, and at 271,000 miles, I didn't know how long my Focus wagon could provide that and so I felt I needed to buy a new car. And even knowing all that PLUS the problems inherent in this transmission since 2011, they sold me this nightmare of a car.

The stress of this is too much for me. I bought a new car to avoid the stress of having a broken down car and am stuck with a car with a bad transmission and who knows what they damaged while putting in the new clutch that now causes the squeak on left turns? I am afraid they won't take responsibility for that either. All I want is a car with a real automatic transmission that I can depend on. That is what I was sold, and Ford needs to stop robbing its loyal customers.

Leases/Purchased a 2013 FORD Focus. Received a letter in the mail from Ford telling us they extended the transmission warranty to 100,000 miles. (6 Trips) We had (3) problems prior to April 2017 with the Focus transmission. They either put in some new part or reprogrammed the computer. The fixes lasted for a short time, but the problem always came back. April 2017 we ask for the transmission to be checked because it is jerking the car quite extensively. They call back, tell us the transmission needs parts they will be ordered. They call and tell me the car is done and I go pick it up. I drive to work the next day and as I am parking, the Transmission Fault light comes on and it says service now, I have no reverse and cars in front of me, so I leave it where it is. Call Ford, they do not know what happened. I tell them to come get it and get me a car.

The service department calls and tells me my transmission failed because I need a new battery. It will be $195.00. I call BS on the transmission failing because of a battery, but what can I do, they have my car. We agree to pay for the battery, but not labor, because I can put a battery in my car. They call and tell me my car is done and to pick it up. I come to pick it up, paperwork says I owe $195.00. Is there anything that this department does right? Again the person at the counter fixes their mistake and only charges me the $125.00 (for a battery to fix a transmission). I take the car home. I go to pick up my daughter from school, and the transmission fault light turns on again, and I no longer have reverse. We call, they come and tow it again that evening, leaving me without a car, while I still have the responsibility of bringing kids to school in the morning.

They call now and tell me that my clutch is missing a gear and that FORD will not fix it under the warranty because it has nothing to do with problem. My car had reverse just fine when I brought it to them, now all of a sudden it does not have reverse. How many times does this have to happen to have FORD own up to their failure and fix the problem?

On Jan 2 I bought my 16 year old granddaughter a Ford Focus 2012 that it would a good safe car for her to drive. Boy was I wrong. Two weeks after we got it the transmission start making a loud noise. Took to ford dealership was told it ok. It had to get over 250 before ford would fix it. Since then the car is running hot, the cooling fan is not working to the voice and gotten worse and now it's making more noise. Took it AUTO zone for them to put a machine on it to tell me everything that is wrong with but ford has ease everything on it. Taking it back to ford tom and see what lies they tell me this time. It's not safe for a 16 year old driver let alone anyone else.

Okay, so 3 years ago we purchased a 2014 Ford Focus because we needed reliable transportation before my husband went off to boot camp. Well here we are 3 years later; we have kept up all maintenance and oil changes on this car no problem. We pay $200/m car insurance and also pay $375/M for the car. 1st of all the loan company they put us with tried to repo our car while my husband was in boot camp, when law states that they were legally not allowed to do so... including while he's active duty!! Anyways... my husband was on his way to work and the car SHUT OFF!!!

I have taken this car to the ford dealership we bought it from back in Texas and also 2X here in California. Well they have yet to fix it!!! It shutters, the computer box fell out when we were driving. We owe the finance company $18,000 and right now I do not want to pay them a dime for the crap Ford has put us through. Now my husband is without a car for a long while and he is in the military, he CANNOT miss work by any means, and now on top of that, I can't get to work or take my child to her therapy. Thanks Ford for screwing over a poor family that was in desperate need of a RELIABLE car for our child!!! THIS COMPANY DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE ONE STAR!!!

The transmission started shuddering at only 12,000 miles. At first at thought maybe it was normal but it just keeps persisting. Ford is in the process of fixing it now but IDK how that's going to work out based on some other reviews. Thank god I spent 2 grand on a 75,000 mile warranty that includes a free rental.

In Jan 2016 I purchased a brand new 2015 Ford Focus and paid almost $26,000 in cash figuring at my age (66) this car would last me for a while. What a piece of CRAP. At 300 miles it went it for a transmission problem. At 6000 it went back in again. I wanted to trade it in and they said it would only be $130000 for a new car with only 6000 miles fully loaded. I called Ford to buy it back. They refused stating I did not qualify for a buyback. Knowing that while drive on a highway, they state the car could just "lose power" and basically I could be killed. There was nothing they could do about it.

Research now I see the problem existed for over 3 years and Ford did nothing. Now I have a car I am afraid to drive. I feel in some way this constitutes fraud, knowing they had a problem and it CANNOT be fixed. I just got my car back a week ago, it bounces and hesitates, and smells of something. Probably transmission fluid leaking again. I will be putting the car back in soon but I don't know why I leave it parked in the street instead of my driveway with the hopes it will be hit and totaled. DO NOT EVER BUY A FORD! I am now out $26,000 because if I traded it in I could only get a used car.

I bought a 2016 Ford Focus automatic. Thought they fixed the transmission. I keep going back to Ford and they keep re-flashing transmission next time they have to replace clutch. This is a lemon transmission that jerks from 1st to second and has shifting issues. This should be illegal to sell this car as is. I cannot believe there is not a proper recall on these.

Traded my truck for a Ford Focus to have better gas mileage. Three months in, had issues with the car, dealership fixed the problem, but now they won't help me with the other issues it is having, like with the steering, saying it's used. Went to make a turn I've done everyday for last several months, car didn't turn, and went into the ditch, now it's at the Collisoin Center. Researched the vehicle and Ford has 24+ recalls on this vehicle, and nobody is doing anything, the steering issue is dangerous and should have been recalled but wasn't. Ford saying it wasn't a problem and no one had been injured because of it, only have had the car for 1 1/2 years, this car should be removed from everyone's stock and not be sold, it's a lemon made by Ford. I only have this vehicle to get to work, now I don't have anything to drive. Ford should be held responsible for this vehicle, I could have been killed or killed someone else. Just lucky it was only me in my car.

I bought a 2014 Ford Focus in December '13. The car has been absolutely horrible and a huge safety hazard. I later found out that all Ford Focus models have the same issue. The transmission is faulty and the car continuously shakes, grinds, shudders, stops, and jerks while driving. I have brought this concern up to the dealership numerous times and nothing has been done to alleviate my concern. The service manager and mechanics accept the issue but they don't do anything to fix it. THIS WAS MY WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER AND THIS CAR IS A HUGE SAFETY HAZARD. DON'T BUY ANY FORDS. The customer service is very unpleasant and the cars are absolutely faulty and unsafe.

I am the owner of a 2015 Ford Focus. Unfortunately I cannot say it has been a positive experience. When I purchased the car I noticed the transmission lunging and slipping in and out of gear. I took in the car to one of our local Ford Dealerships here in El Paso, Tx in January 2017. They replaced the clutch, and now March 13, 2017 it's in again for repair doing the same lunging forward and slipping in and out of gear. Unfortunately they don't loan a car to valued customer. Several days with no transportation. Now to wait for how long will the Ford Dealership have our daily transportation. I would advise future customers to do a full investigation on this model before you sign on the dotted line. Or any other brand.

I've been an owner of a 2014 Ford Focus going on 2 years & I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO BUY THIS CRAP. When I first bought the car in 2015 the dealer told me that the jerking I felt was because it was a gas saver, he LIED. It has gotten worst over time and 3 weeks ago my car engine light came on while I was driving on the interstate and my car just stop driving, was still running but not going anywhere and I could've been killed. Thank God I was able to hurry up and pull over. I took my car to the dealership and it took them 3 weeks to call me.

About my car saying it's not them TCM they was able to reset it but it was my clutch and it will cost about 1900$. I'm not paying for something that is not my fault. Ford knows that this is their fault and they need to fix the crap at their expense or recall call these cars that are having these issues instead of selling people these lemons trying to make us pay for it. I've been having troubles with this car & I wish I've never bought it.

Ford Focus Company Profile