Ford Cars and Trucks

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I leased a 2017 Fusion Energi in late December. About three weeks ago, I found the battery completely dead. After jumping the vehicle, I took it to the dealership (521 miles on the vehicle). After numerous discussions with the dealership, as well as Ford Customer support, I have been told that the part is back ordered with no delivery date identified. In the meantime, I have to continue making the payments, etc. while I wait for a resolution. Ford has offered no options related to this situation other than to wait for the part which, as I state, has no delivery date associated with it. The customer service follow-through post purchase is nothing short of terrible. If you are considering purchasing a Ford product, I encourage you to reconsider. I know this is the last Ford product I will ever purchase.

I have a 2008 Ford Edge and have encountered the recording heating core failure problem. Ford has dealt with this issue with many customers but refuses to conduct a recall due to COST. I tried taking it for repair to Levittown Ford and Hempstead Ford with no luck. Shameful to not back their products.

Back in 2005 I purchased a brand new 2005 Ford Freestar, it had a faulty torque converter, and was replaced in 2013. Now then 1 year later I had the same problem (torque converter). I just got off the phone with a tech. at the Ford dealer and told him what happened... he said it's not covered "a recall is a 1 time fix", so even though they replaced my torque converter with another faulty 1 it's not their problem... I don't think that's fair, but then again what do I know, I'm just a consumer... What can a person do???

We have taken our 2008 Ford Edge into the dealer five times for this same issue over the course of five years. We had the extended warranty but that has run out and the fix is now $1600.00. It seems Ford had put faulty heater cores in the car and the solder inside the heater core is flaking off and plugging it up. Every time we returned the car to the dealer they flushed the system out and put a special coolant in that you cannot even buy in your local auto parts store. If you Google this issue with this vehicle there are hundreds of websites talking of this problem.

If Ford knew the issue was the heater core why would they not issue a recall for replacing them and not just flushing them? COST. Why should their customers be forced to foot the bill for their error? After bringing in a vehicle for the same problem five times you would think that would constitute replacing the heater core? If Ford was in fact about customer satisfaction like they claim. I guarantee this will be my last Ford product and I will sway family and friends from buying their products.

I have a 2012 Ford F350 with 59,300 miles on it. The first transmission service is due at 60,000 miles so I took it to Spradley Barr Ford in Colorado. They advised me that all I needed to do was flush the system and NOT drop the pan to change the filter, that is not needed until the next service at 120,000 miles according to them. I said I wanted the filter changed for an additional $ 120.00 or so. Good thing I did because they found a bunch of metal in the pan. They are covering it under warranty, however they have had my WORK truck for TWO MONTHS and four days now due to a back ordered part. They have told me THREE times that it will be in soon, what a bunch of crap. Ford has rebuilt transmissions in crates available but they just said "Too bad. So sad for you." You can wait. Ford is useless and has no customer service in mind.

Previously I had a 2002 Ford F350 diesel for fourteen years (2002-2016), I guess Ford loyalty is in the trash. The dealer even said Ford is not supporting the dealerships, WOW what a statement. If I EVER get my truck back it will be sold ASAP and off to Chevy I go. Furthermore I called their customer service line (a misnomer at best) and what does Ford do? They send you a questionnaire that asks if the call taker was polite, helpful etc... Nothing about what is going on, nor did I receive a call or Email about it - poof it's just gone. Ford has lost all concept of customer service. Good riddance Ford.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Called Roadside Assistance on Christmas Day due to a flat (which of course is a big problem since you no longer have a spare and the inflation kit is worthless if you have any sidewall damage). Here is what transpired. I called and they confirmed a tow in about an hour. After an hour they called back to inform me that they cannot tow me to a dealership that is closed. On December 25th there are no dealerships open in the country!!! I asked if they could tow me home as courtesy especially since it was Christmas Day. They said, "No it is out of policy." FYI the Owner's Manual states that roadside assistance is available 24/7. PERIOD! No other rules or exceptions.

Bottom line they towed me 3 1/2 hours later to a tow lot in literally the worst part of the city from where I had to make home. Forget the fact that I spent 4 hours of Christmas stranded because of Ford's unstated policies, missed most of Christmas with my family and my newborn first grandchild. All Ford showed is that their custom care is a fiction (and possibly a violation of several consumer laws as they do not disclose this to their consumers). Bottom line if you need roadside assistance good luck if you need a tow outside of Dealer Hours. They simply don't care about their customers.

Dropped our Fiesta off at the dealership this morning for its third transmission rebuild. At least the employees there were honest and said that they were using the same faulty OEM parts that were used during the last two rebuilds. Has anyone tried to sue the dealership or salesman that lied and told them what a great vehicle it was when they were trying to sell it to ya. I ask because the same guy that told us that bs also told us what a piece of crap they were when we took our car back to the dealer three months later because the transmission failed. Never again.

In 2014 December I bought two brand new Ford transit connects with bumper to bumper 3 year 36000 mile warranty on both vehicles. Both vehicles encountered heater vibration problems and electrical problems with the lights. Took both vehicles to Ford and they worked on the first one by removing the center console to see what the problem was and they found a rodent's nest and body parts which they clean up and removed, but it was not covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. It cost me out of pocket over 400.00 dollars. The lights they said that it wasn't the bulb but rodents also had eaten the wires which again it not cover either under the bumper to bumper warranty so I could not see paying any more but that cost me 90.00 more dollars. So I was not willing to pay to have the second transit looked at.

My wife and I both had no luck with Ford's main office service because they said it wasn't their fault that rodents are eating the wiring and nesting in the heater unit. Disgusted with their answer I asked why are they using soy oil in their wiring insulation, seat foam plus the numerous pounds of recycled plastics and gasket materials. It's like a buffet for the rodents, they told they're being green! When I wrote the checks for both these vehicles at Ford I did not see anything about them using recycled crap in these brand new vehicles, if I did I would not have bought them. I told the person that contacted us "Why don't you smear steak sauce all over the car." But by using soy oil in the manufacturing it's the same results with the rodent problem.

While we were at Ford they laughed and said we were lucky they had a new car in the shop last week that was towed in because rodents had enjoyed eating most of the wiring but they said their insurance company paid thousands of dollars to repair it, why is it the insurance company's problem when Ford is inviting disaster by using soy oil in the manufacturing process so they can say they're green. But the consumers are not aware of this. My grandfather worked and retired from Ford motor company, he's rolling over in his grave now.

I have always bought Fords since I have been driving. Never have I had issues like this before, their smug attitudes that it's not their fault rodents are the problem, I say it is their fault for using soy oil and recycled crap for gaskets wiring insulation seat foam and trim products. There should be a class action law suit against them for the repairs. But they're not the only ones doing it. Something needs to be done, Maybe the United States steel workers union needs to put up pick lines on all the dealerships to let people know they're going to left in the cold.

I drove my truck 5 hours a day except for Sunday. My starter went out in my driveway. It started acting up 2 days before. I decided to have it towed to the Ford dealership near me. My wife told me what the estimate was going to be the next day $5,500. They told her the engine was going to have to be replaced. Even though the motor didn't burning any oil up. It had good suspension and steering or a safety hazard and had many parts to replace. When I spoke with the service manager he told me there were safety issues. The ball joints were going out all the way around. There are no ball joints in the rear. I believe there is no honesty or integrity and the way they run their service department. Most people don't bring an older vehicle to the dealership. But mine is a 2000 and this is 2016. I feel as though you get what you pay for. But not in this case.

Looking at the long list of repairs and how important they are their estimate should have been even more than what they told me giving me the impression that the job was probably going to be charged for and not done. Now there is $3,000 that I have for repairs. Overlooking the fact that the truck was brought in just for a starter I tried to negotiate take care of the safety issues which I don't know if I'll be charged and ripped off for. Because the suspension and steering I had been serviced correctly through the years. And to put a starter in add not replace the motor. Let's see if this is going to cost the full $3,000. I bet I'm going to be ripped off any way I look at it. Because it's my only vehicle and the truck is at the shop and immovable. I fear they're able to damage my engine and I can't do a thing to fix the situation. Ford service sucks.

Our Ford is 10 years old, was purchased used and has been maintenance free, except for normal maintenance from the day we purchased it. It rides and looks great. Ford makes a great vehicle and their service departments are great.

2012 fusion SEL v6 28000 miles and no problems. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Best car I've owned. Nice ride steers like a Ferrari. Great power pushes you back in the seat when you step on it. Great Sony surround sound stereo system.

The truck is amazing. Great ride. Very smooth for a truck. Had it for 3 years and not one problem with anything. Ford f150 is a very dependable truck. It has lots of cab room a day. A very smooth ride. Easy to steer and to maneuver in traffic. Great visibility for a truck as well out all windows and mirrors.

Since purchasing almost 5 years ago, I have not experienced any issues while driving. I have the car serviced by the dealer I bought it from and every time I feel I am driving a brand new car. I have no negative experiences to write about. I am just happy with my Ford Fiesta.

I bought a 2013 Ford Focus 2 years ago as a used car. Approx. 25,000 on it. I have had continuous problems with the transmission and now the engine light is on, revealing I need an entire new fuel system! The Valve, gasket, fuel pump, and a new fuel tank!!! $2000.00 worth of work on a car 3 years old. Oh yeah the radio is gone too and needs to be replaced! How does this happen. Nothing is covered by warranty except the clutch. Needless to say I am extremely upset and will not ever buy another Ford. I have written directly to Ford about this but not hopeful that I will hear from them.

The car ride is very smooth and quiet. Our Ford Edge is everything and more than we expected. Plenty of room inside. The panoramic moon roof is awesome. The car handles beautifully. Very stylish looking inside and out.

The Ford Fusion is really great! I've had no problems in the 2 years I've owned mine. My experience with Ford has been great. The Ford Fusion is dependable, great on gas, comfortable and I have not had any problems with it.

It maneuvers really great on the road & its driving comfort is perfect. Mileage is really good too? We have had several different makes of vehicles but the two Fords that we have are what we were looking for & to date the service has been excellent! Our prev vehicle had repairs/replacements that needed to be done at 100k and we were not advised when purchased. Ford was truthful & did their best to find what we were looking for including the color. Their service dept has notified us any time they see something of concern and it's not always costly. The vehicles are a joy to drive. We were always Chev people but their sales staff were not very accommodating & refused to deal to make the sale. Their loss!

Don't purchase a Ford Vehicle. The transmission will most likely die on you early on. I cannot tell you how upset I am for the purchase of my Ford. I have to say a prayer each and every time I am driving this car, in particular, if you are driving the vehicle up a grade. The odometer on my car is only 25977 miles. A "LEMON" in every sense!

I have a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor. It's a good car. 4.6 liter. These are really good, strong cars and do last a long time if you take care of them. I know a quite a few people who have one. But be careful if you buy one. It's the gas tank you have to watch because they put these rubber mounts on the bottom of the tank where the straps hold up the tank. Water gets trap in between the mounts and within a couple of years you're leaking gas because it's all rust. A lot of people don't know this. Even the cops because they're still driving these cars. Ford messed up on this one.

I bought a Ford car because I was tired of people in my community harassing me for not buying American. I previously owned a Toyota and a Mini Cooper. Sadly, Ford sold me a lemon. I took delivery on a Fiesta that came out of factory missing a wiring harness! I asked to replace this lemon. Instead, the service department at the dealership was sheepish about the problem. After a 40 minute wait, the workers emerged. They finally told me about the wiring harness after they said that it had already just been installed. Problem solved. There were other problems, but I racked up mileage and was told that my car is out of warranty, so I'd have to pay for the repairs. Now, I have a key fob problem. Both the customer service representatives and the dealership are giving me the run around because replacement costs run over $250. Every time I get someone on the phone, their response changes. I was better off NOT buying a Ford.

Our 2011 Ford Edge has a leaky Transmission Power Unit (google "Ford TPU leak" to find more information), about 2,000 miles beyond than extended warranty. The cost to replace is estimated to be $1,800. I filed a case (**) with Ford and after multiple calls they still refuse to offer any compensation. This is the last Ford vehicle I will ever buy - why be loyal to Ford when their loyalty is a joke?

I bought my 2014 Ford Fiesta Sedan (manual) in late 2013/early 2014 from Sun State Ford in Orlando FL. The car was BRAND NEW. Literally, I drove it off the lot with 7 miles on it. Fast forward to August 2016 and my transmission no longer goes into 3rd gear. I call Sun State Ford and leave a message, wait 2 days... no call back, I call again, no call back, call again next week, no call back. This process continues on for another 2-3 weeks until I finally got back from my travels abroad and decide to call them and act like a new customer. This time I do get a call back and they are more than happy to sell me a new car with their wonderful 15 year 150k mile warranty. After I get all the info I need and confirmation that drivetrain will be covered for 15 years and 150k miles, I change up the story and tell them about the car I bought and how the Finance Manager that's in charge of warranty claims like mine will not speak to me or return my calls.

Fast forward 10 minutes of back and fort Q&A from Sun State Ford customer service rep and she tells me "I'm going to walk to the other side of our campus and have the manager call you directly, please allow me no more than 5 minutes." I oblige and thank her for her wonderful customer service and help, considering she's been the only one to ease my headache of 3 weeks now, almost a month. 5 minutes go by, 10 minutes go by, 15 mins go by, 30 mins go by. I call back, no answer. I call the customer service department... NO ANSWER! Are you ** kidding me???

Now, I will be driving 1000 miles in my ** Sun State Ford in Orlando, FL from Baltimore, MD just to raise hell. At the same time I have paid my lawyer $400 to start working on my case. Good luck Ford and Sun State Ford in Orlando FL. Have fun fixing my car and paying me for it. 1/10 Service. NEVER EVER buying a car from Ford again. Also, my lawyer is set to start a class action lawsuit because apparently there are 100-400 similar issues to mine all over the US.

Recently when driving my vehicle, which is one year out of warranty, I've found that my car stops suddenly in the middle of the road, with traffic behind me! A small wrench light comes on, the car starts shaking and stops driving. I have to turn off and restart the car to get it going again, until it feels like dying again. I've gotten stuck now 1-3 times a day, once in the middle of a busy intersection. Once it happened on the highway, and luckily no one was directly behind me for the moment, and I was able to limp my car to the shoulder (3 lanes over). My car gives me no limp-ability any longer.

Ford gives me no satisfaction, although they acknowledge that this has happened with other years & models, and offered a temporary fix program (it appears to be a defective throttle body that needs to be replaced) for some of those vehicles, but that temporary deal is over now. I refuse to pay Ford to fix my problem, and now just plan to get rid of this vehicle and never buy a Ford again.

Writing this because people have been complaining about this and wondering which direction to turn? My daughter's boyfriend was in need of a new car. I suggested the Ford Fusion so he purchased a new 2016 in December. The car now has 10,000 miles on it and it stopped running. We have had the car in the local dealership and they have found wires that have been chewed by rodents that number one are not covered by warranty. After going on to Google, I have found that this is a problem that many new car companies are finding.

The wiring that is being used is of a material that rodents love and find irresistible to chew. My question is who is going to pay for this if warranty doesn't cover this? Do we have to sue? Also who do we sue? This is not going to be inexpensive? Just really can't believe with all the people complaining that something is not being done. Please respond -- you can call me **.

My 2015 Ford Mustang is still under factory warranty. The paint on the hood start bubbling. The car will be on the body shop for 3 days so I called Ford because in my opinion they have to give a rental car and pay for that. Mr. Mario ** (Regional Customer Service Manager) called me today to let me know that they won't pay for the rental. My car is under warranty, is not my fault the paint failed!!! YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT!!! I will have to be without a vehicle for 3 days. That situation will affect my job and personal responsibilities. I currently own 2 Ford vehicles, but I feel that means nothing to them. I let him know how I feel it but he didn't care about that. Maybe is time to change the brand. Bye Ford.

I purchased a 2016 about 13 months ago. Paid a little over 17000 and now they offered me 9000 for trade in at the same location. Not to mention the car's stayed stalling out when you stop and the air is on. It's the worst car ever.

2014 Ford transit van - This car isn't even 2 years old and I noticed hundreds of small holes in the paint. Took it into the local Ford dealership to see if the warranty covers it and, WELL OF COURSE!! No, it isn't covered because it is supposedly due to "rock damage from the roads", that none of our other (more used) cars have. In addition, the dealership will not put this into writing so that I can complain to the "road people". Now, I read all over the internet where Ford simply has cheap and terrible paint for their vehicles. Will be the last one I buy.

My 2015 Ford Taurus Limited has left me stranded 4 times since I purchased the vehicle. The problem seems to be with the fuel pump module, which has now been replaced 3 times in less than 3 months. The reason I am complaining is because of Ford customer service. I reached out to them on 9/26/2016 at 10:33 AM, and I was told that a regional customer service manager would contact me in 1 day. It is currently 11:13 AM on 9/28, and I haven't heard from anyone.

First of all, I have been without a vehicle for 4 of the last 6 days which affects my job, family, income, and personal responsibilities. There seems to be no sense of urgency for Ford and its customer service department to help me. I currently own 3 Ford vehicles, but I feel as that means nothing to them, and they could care less that I am a loyal customer. I feel that Ford needs to step up and take some responsibility and do right to me by compensating me for the missed income and expenses that have occurred due to this faulty vehicle.

I have rented cars because of being stranded, and last week spent the night in a parking garage in downtown Chicago in my car with my family due to the failed vehicle. This is not right Ford! I shouldn't be the person that is paying for a troubled car that has only 26K miles. Sure the warranty is still in effect, but what do I do when stranded places? I doubt this will go anywhere but maybe someone from Ford reads this and steps up.

I purchased my Ford Edge in April at over 35,000 dollars. The car was back at the dealers for a leak on the passenger side the floor was wet. On August 5 the car stalled and the wrench light was on. It broke down and had to be towed. the dealer kept it until the 11 of August. It broke down the same day again. It was towed again - same thing wrench light. Kept until the 27 of August. Then I noticed my back-up camera was not working. Took it back it was fine they said. Ford Customer care does nothing to help. This is a brand new car, only had 10 miles on it. I am very disappointed with Ford and will keep fighting until a new car shows up at my door. I want this wrong corrected.

My Ford Edge has been back to the dealer a total of 4 times. I have filed a complaint with Ford 4 times. The is a major safety issue. But no one seems to understand it. And that people's lives are at danger. Write and call every aspect of Ford. I think a class action lawsuit needs to be filed. It is clear to me that this car left the Canada plant this way. This should have never happened. Also, the lemon law need to benefit the customer not corporate. I am going to change that in my state, too. Why should I be forced to pay for a car that is clearly a safety hazard? All because Ford Motor Company cannot admit they built a lemon. To my fellow consumers keep fighting.

After 16 yrs of almost impeccable service my wife's 2001 Mazda Tribute XL engine failed with 165k miles. We got a lot of enjoyment and an excellent quality vehicle. So we started a search for a new product Toyota Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-5 excellent engineering and very dynamic, Ford Explorer. Mist full size SUVs have 3 rows of seats and are too large to fit in out 3 car garage. I was never really impressed with the Ford Escape 2010 and earlier. Tested a 2012 with 80k miles and it ran well but the dealer price of 16k was too high. Found another 2012 with sunroof and 56k miles. Not bad but 5k. Finally we tested a Ford Escape XLT FWD 4 cyl with 25k miles in mint condition. Bought in the spot for 14k from a private party (Craigslist), added Ford bumper to bumper warranty 4 yr 36k miles additional for $2k.

This is an impressive high quality vehicle with good technology, excellent power, 32 miles highway 26 city. Since we bought in the past 3 months have not a single problem. Just delights & surprises. Kudos to Ford Motor Company for building such an outstanding well designed right sized product. Too bad the 2013 and on design new look like most oriental mini SUVs. I highly recommend this product to all my friends and foes.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

One of the most well-known automobile companies in the world, the Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. With a history stretching back to the beginning of the automobile industry, Ford first began manufacturing vehicles in 1903. Now, Ford builds many different types of cars, trucks, vans and more. Ford also sells service truck chassis and offers uplift service for trucks as well.

• F-series chassis: Ford’s F-series of service truck chassis are the F-350, F-450 and the F-550. Each of these chassis is capable of being fit for service trucks and each is available in regular and supercab models. You can make sure you find an F-series model to fit your needs by looking at the specs of each online and selecting your own configuration.
  • Super Duty trucks: Ford’s Super Duty trucks are the toughest cabs and chassis the company has ever built. Super Duty trucks are made of high-strength aluminum alloy and come with strong frames and axles. They are ideal for use in rugged conditions in industries like construction, forestry and mining.
  • E-series chassis: Ford’s E-series cutaway chassis are ideal for service van upfits. Their basic design is built for heavy-duty towing and cargo hauling. You can use Ford’s online selection tool to find the right chassis to fit your needs.
  • Commercial Vehicle Centers: Ford’s Commercial Vehicle Centers are specialty dealers uniquely qualified to meet commercial needs. If you’re looking for an upfit body for your chassis, the Commercial Vehicle Center can provide you with valuable information about viable upfit options.
  • Upfit incentives: If you already have a truck that you want to use as a service truck, Ford offers upfit incentives for your chassis. Ford may provide cash assistance for upfitting your truck or van to a service vehicle. These incentives are subject to availability and may change, so contact your nearest Commercial Vehicle Center or check online to see current incentives.
  • Best for service truck fleets, people who need an upfit service and any other basic service truck needs.

Compare Service Trucks and Truck Cranes