Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
Ford Cars and Trucks
2.45/5

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1267 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The sync has never worked in the Ford. The dealer seems to be no help. I also hit a bird and it caused $3000 in damage to the front. They said they fixed it. USAA would said there was $1k deductible because it was an animal. Other cars would not get totaled by a bird. Now, they say there is a coolant leak. Should have bought a car that was not built so cheap.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I got my car serviced at a dealership and soon after all the engine oil leaked out. The check engine oil light came on. I called the dealership and they said I have Ford's roadside assistance so I'm covered. However you are only covered up to $100. The catch is Ford will hire a third party vendor to tow or work on your car, in my case, a tow truck. Even though the car had to be towed just $25 miles, the vendor asked for $250+ and Ford obliged. So I was on the hook for $150. Needless to say the entire process is super tedious and infuriating. Most of the service reps behave as if they are doing you a favor by just talking you. Don’t fall for this “service”.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Since 1959, I have been a loyal Ford owner/customer. I worked as a mechanic and service manager for a Ford dealership back in the 60s for almost 10 years at which time I attended Ford Motor company classes in White Plains NY and have dealt with many of the factory representatives and corporate people. So I know a little about Ford. Back then and beyond for quite a number of years, Ford Motor company promoted consumer satisfaction as one of their major concerns. As of late, I cannot state that any longer.

Ford's quality control has diminished to a low I could have never expected, not only with the manufacture of their automobiles but also the arrogance, disrespect and sheer lack of concern for the consumer. We all are aware of the fact that mechanical things can inherit defects from time to time and some are not the fault of Ford Motor Company like the Takata air bag debacle. It is extremely difficult to remedy a situation as large as this and this is where customer service comes in but Ford has a problem with customer service. They are poorly educated in the field, have no power to get anything done or render any assistance for your concern. Instead, they become frustrated and arrogant and leave you stranded and helpless directing you to "take it up with your dealership" of which if that were acceptable I would not be calling Ford Motor Company.

Among many recent scenarios that have taken place with Ford in the last few years, including a 2011 Mustang with transmission problems that could not be repaired by the dealership that being Dana Lincoln Mercury of Staten Island NY or the so called engineers that came to check the car, I finally had to "lemon law" it and had Ford take it back after 8 months. The lawyer that handled my case was great at no cost to me, Ford customer service, horrible. After that was settled, I made the mistake of purchasing a 2012 Mustang from the same dealer, Dana Lincoln Mercury of Staten Island NY. Same lack of concern from Ford over a problem with dash gauge clear plastic that was delaminating and blurring vision of gauges and radio.

Ford Motor company when contacted, told me it was my fault for using some form of chemical that caused it to delaminate even though it was delaminating from the inside of the clear plastic, not the outside. Then there was a problem with paint bubbling on the hood of the car. The skin of the hood is aluminum and the frame is made of steel. These two types of metal cannot touch without causing a chemical reaction which causes aluminum to oxidize causing the paint to bubble. Paint problems, if you check with Google, has been going on with Ford since the year 2006. You would be amazed at the depth of which this paint problem has gone on and not been exposed. Ford's solution,"Sorry can't help you. It's probably something you have been using while washing the car. You cant repaint it, oxidation never stops once it starts." My fix, purchased a fiberglass hood for $1400.

The latest situation is with my wife's 2007 Mustang with 21,000 miles on it and a DEFECTIVE TAKATA AIRBAG INFLATOR. Now I know it's difficult to repair thousands upon thousands of cars and obtaining all of those parts from the manufacturer is almost impossible. We waited 2 years from the first recall letter and understood that it is important to recall the newer cars first. So we waited. Checking with the dealer from time to time. Finally we received a letter from Ford that our parts for the 2007 Mustang are now available, call your dealer. We did, set up an appointment, brought the car in just to be told that the parts are not in yet, even though Ford said they were. The service manager assured me that the part is now available and they would order the part and call when it came in. They never called and when I called them, they said they would have to order the part.

Here we go round in circles. After 4 attempts with the dealership I contacted Ford Motor Company. It took 3 phone calls to get to a representative that understood my problem and only because I was able to "understand" him and he understood me. He contacted the dealership, Dana Lincoln Mercury and ordered the part needed for the 2007 Mustang. He also completed the task and made an appointment for me to have it done that coincided with the arrival of the part. I was shocked. Brought the car in on that day at 8 AM and was told that there is no stock on the part needed for my car. Went back home and called Ford Motor Company, tried to explain my problem, spoke to someone who spoke very bad broken English and could not help me at all. At that time I called back and spoke to someone else and asked to be escalated to a supervisor with no success.

That customer service representative told me that I had no such recall on that car. The next representative said he would call the dealer, put me on hold and came back and said there were no service advisors available at the dealership to speak to. I said, "there are 9 of them there", call back. After he got arrogant with me, I got him to call back. At the same time I called the dealer and spoke to a service advisor. The Ford representative came back on the line and told me again that he could not get to talk to a service advisor. I had to stop. The level of frustration was just too great. I later called Ford customer service again and requested a supervisor. I was told that one would contact me within 48 hours.

At this time, I am awaiting their call. If I do not receive a call shortly, I am going to contact local news agencies and the pertinent Government agencies for assistance. Remembering what you have previously read and hopefully you have googled "Ford bubbling paint" be advised, Ford has made an all aluminum pickup truck this year. I don't know how they're keeping the paint on it but I would investigate it further if you are thinking of buying one. Leasers have no problem, just give it back. I think that's why Ford quality control does not exist any longer.

It doesn't have to. And by the way, I have found out that the dealership, Dana Lincoln Mercury of Staten Island NY, has no loaner cars available. It seems that they have become inundated with a large amount of transmission problems that have taxed them to the limit but you will never hear about that either. I will never purchase another Ford as long as I live even though I am a die hard Mustang lover. Very sad. You have been "Advised."

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Defective Sunroof issue in 2015-2017 models - Warranty expired & about 2 month after that I left my vehicle out & it rained heavily. I found water dripping near the framework on the passenger side, between the windshield & door. The floor mat was full of water. I dumped it out - tried to dry out the carpet. It was so saturated I couldn't get it all out. Then when driving it I actually heard swooshing sounds when I came to stops. Meanwhile I thought it was some fluke or the bad rainstorm. Then when we washed @ the Morrie's Ford car wash, we noticed it again. So we looked online & sure enough there were many others who reported the same or similar issues.

Meanwhile mold had developed & Morrie's said I did have the defective part/sunroof. Filed a claim & the best Ford will do is only cover Half the cost to replace their defective sunroof. I am going to file a complaint with our Atty. General. I paid once for this feature when I bought it brand new. I should not have to pay for it again due to it being a defective sunroof. Morrie's tried cover up this issue also when I first reported it to them. Lying to me saying someone vandalized my vehicle by removing all the weather stripping on the roof. There's not any on the roof on any of the Ford trucks where this service advisor tried to point out. Very disgusted.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Bought a 2018 F-150 XLT FX4 off road in May of 2018 and have many of issues. The major issue is the warped dashboard. Ford knows about the issue but will not do anything about it. Many of the new car trucks on the lots have this issue. The other issues that you need to be made aware of is; leaking water at the fire wall onto the brake pedal (3rd time in the shop and can't find the leak), both fog lights replaced because of broken on the inside, both drive and passenger seatbelts had to be replaced, 2 tail light bulbs replaced before realizing that the house was leaking and holding water, and the transmission has been looked at more than 5 times now. Every little thing that was covered by warranty has found its way on to Carfax. The price in may was $60,000.00 now because of the work the value of the truck is only $37,000.00. Be careful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Our Ford Explorer 2015 has an issue with the anti-lock braking system activating on sharp turns. Almost caused us to careen off the road and Ford won't recall or fix it. Stay away from this vehicle. We took it into a local repair shop and they said it was the sensors in the wheels getting clogged with film, but even after cleaning them the issue persisted. This is a serious safety issue that can cause a major accident if not fixed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have had most of the issues mentioned in other complaint threads; and then some. Just recently, I had more Edge issues when three (3) ignition coils exploded under light acceleration. Brought car to my mechanic, since FORD has been expensive and fixes never seem to be fixes, plus vehicle is out-of-warranty. This round of repairs was first estimated at $800 but after coils were replaced - they blew again, as the computer was shorting and surging the coils. My new estimate is $2000 for the coils and a new computer. My Edge has 140k miles and I was pondering even fixing the vehicle. Since I was already committed to the initial $800 repair, even if I chose to junk it afterwards, I decided to go with the fix. I pondered trying to use an aftermarket computer but mechanic said vehicle would have to be towed off his lot, as he could not allow vehicle to be driven. Apparently it is classified as an explosion/fire concern.

Mechanic was actually surprised that vehicle didn't catch fire when the coils burst under the surge when computer malfunctioned while I was driving it. Prior issues: This issue is second time that I have had to replace ignition coils; first time was around 60k miles. As I think about it now, I can't help but think that this computer may be the root cause of my other Sync related issues. Those issues include: Sync GPS doesn't work at all. Ford wants $300 to reprogram for 4th time. I refuse. Back-up camera not going off after car is removed from reverse and placed back in Drive. Frequent battery replacements due to high draw of electronics.

Other issues include: 3 different doors had sensors (including latches) replaced. I had to pay $700 for each as I couldn't worry about wife being stranded with 4 yr old (at the time). Power steering has never seemed right but no fix other than topping off fluid. Car master brake cylinder failure (first time car was confiscated) also caused premature brake wear and replacement of rotors and pads. However, the main reason that I will NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN is the customer service and constant assertions that this is MY FAULT and NOT THEIR FAULT.

My brake issues baffled me. On my first three trips to Ford service, the service reps said that they didn't see, hear or feel any issues with the brakes; even with a published "possible recall" concern in their hand. They treated me like I was lying about the issue. On fourth visit, the vehicle was held as unsafe and I was given a rental car. Turns out that it was such a common safety recall that the part was not available and back-ordered for two weeks. The faulty master cylinder caused premature pad wear and rotors required replacement as well. Go figure that the pads were a few weeks out of warranty when they needed to be replaced again.

While on the topic, FORD OEM parts are horrible. Ford Corporate was not happy with my call from the dealership and they did not comply with my demands to remove me from their mailing list. To make matters worse, I was billed for the rental car because of poor accounting between dealership and rental agency. Thankfully, I noticed the charge on my credit card statement because I was never told that I was being billed. Rental agency just billed the card that I was required to place on file for incidentals. I fought for 3 weeks between two companies before they found where THEY WENT WRONG. So now I am sitting here - writing this review - wondering what else will go wrong with this vehicle after this round of repairs.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

While shopping for a vehicle at Viva Ford North Desert Blvd, El Paso TX, I experienced a total lack of integrity by a salesman and management. The salesman I corresponded with was nice at first as we discussed my purchasing a used vehicle. The vehicle had a knocking noise in the rear but the salesman said the shop mechanics would find out what it was and let me know. I then agreed to purchase the vehicle for $11K contingent on the noise being fixed. They wrote up the deal with all the costs. I explained I would be out of town for a week and wanted to put money down to lock in the sale. The salesman said management would not allow me to put money down on the vehicle until they fixed the noise, but assured me the "vehicle is yours" and that they would keep it off the sales lot.

After continuing to refuse to take a down payment they would only allow me to take picture of the write up, all while assuring me they would not sell the vehicle and that we had a deal. During the week that I was out of town the salesman called to let me know the noise was fixed. I asked him how much I could put down on the vehicle, to which he responded he had to ask his manager, but would call me back. After two days went by with no return call, I called the salesman with no answer so I left a voicemail asking him to return my call. He never returned this call either.

After returning to town I went directly to the dealership from the plane to pick up the vehicle. The salesman informed me that he was called out of town for a "family emergency" and the vehicle was sold. I responded with we had a deal written on paper and that he assured me the vehicle was mine and no longer on the sales lot! The salesman said some other buyer paid $13K ($2K more than my deal) so they sold the vehicle. Then the salesman had the nerve to say, "well I have other vehicles available". This location obviously deceived me and is more interested in making money than being honest with their customers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I would like to give kudos to the entire sales team at Five Star Ford Stone Mountain, but a special note of thanks should go to my salesperson Michael **. He displayed phenomenal professionalism and patience with me for the entire 6 plus hours I was at the dealership. He made me feel right at home and did not pressure me in any way. He understood what I wanted and what I didn't want. I left a happy customer with my 2018 F-150. Thanks again to Michael **. I will be a repeat customer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

61000 Miles Transmission went out and of course is out of warranty. Never again will Buy a Ford Vehicle. Also too many recalls. A/C Problems had to change a/c compressor at 45000 Miles. Door Locks Problem.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought a 2016 F450 truck. I bought it brand new. I put 16203 miles on it. It's now 1 year old. The ac is not blowing so I bring it to the dealership that I bought it from. They tell me the evaporator coil is clogged up. They want $2400 to repair. They tell me this is not covered under warranty. I have a brand new truck with no air conditioning. I also bought a 2018 F450 and a 2018 Explorer for my wife. 3 trucks in one year from Ford. It seems like they would be a little more interested in fixing the problem instead of trying to make me pay $2400 to fix a brand new truck???

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ford truck blew the spark plug out the head at 21,000. Dealership said, "We can replace the engine on your dime but cannot guarantee this won't happen again as it is a design problem and not enough threads were in head from manufacturer and would likely happen again". Ford's call center overseas denies there was ever an issue, once confronted with their patents they filed to correct the issue they hang up.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased a used 2015 Ford Fusion. I understand that there are a few things I would need/want to do with the car to use the features available. The car came with one key, which has been set to the ‘MyKey’ feature. I asked to have it reset at dealership as it is the only key and I am limited on what I can do - I am locked out of some radio channels and while I might be locked down to a ‘Max Speed’, I haven’t hit it yet. Their answer - "The only way YOU can do that is to buy another key - $300." (Great customer service to make me work instead of offering alternate solutions to assist me). The car does not have the owner's manual, therefore I don’t have the code for the keyless entry. Their answer - "Sure, $60." Never mind, thanks for trying to make me give you more money to be able to get into the car you made. There are other things I would like to do with the car, but I stopped asking afraid it would just cost too much. Very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I bought a used 2005 Ford Coachmen RV. All the seals leaks around the windows and around a vent which allows an outlet to get wet which causes a GFCI breaker to trip every time it rains. I also have a friend that has a '99 Expedition. His seal leaks around the front windshield causing the computer to short out. I have a friend with a '03 Ranger that leaks and causes the anti theft to engage. There's several cases like this I know of and Ford hasn't recalled these vehicles.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I know Ford sells quite a few vehicles, but I hope that none of you Ford owners get a Lemon! I did and they agreed to do the right thing, but 5 shop visits, 65+ days out of service, and 6 months after they agreed to refund/replace a truck that is not even a year old... I am still waiting! All information has been turned in and have now gone thru 2 reps that do nothing including answering phone calls or returning emails. What is going on Ford Motor Company?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Warning to all Ford F-150 owners for this recall. Ford will not give owners a loaner vehicle during this repair. It appears that Ford really doesn't care whether or not their customers are injured as a result of their faulty vehicles nor do they care about the logistical difficulties of not having a loaner vehicle. Shame on you Ford!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Paint is bubbling along edge of hood on passenger side. I understand, from other stories on Internet, prior TSBs and lawsuits, that this is due to contamination during painting (the hood is aluminum so would not rust). Ford and Ford dealer have no apparent interest in making this right.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased my Ford F450 Platinum (6.7 diesel fuel system) new. I have had this truck serviced at great expense since it was new and usually ahead of schedule. If ford service said it needed something I did it. If Ford service said it might need something I did it. I am now at 87k miles and had my High Pressure Fuel system go out. Ford dealer is telling me 10K dollars. Telling me I have purchased bad fuel but when they took a fuel sample there was no water in the fuel. So now Ford won't stand good for their product, the insurance probably won't pay for it because there is no evidence of contamination, and that leaves one option. I am going to be out 10K dollars. Not to mention at a time I am retiring from the military. Just plain sad. I am through with Ford.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

4 tires replaced after 4K due to excessive noise and poor ride... Goodyear asymmetrical all season. Headliner replaced twice. Original headliner ripped 2 days after I bought the car. Entire convertible top replaced. Both rear passenger windows replaced. Steering wheel replaced due to defective leather. Engine goes thru 1 quart of oil every 4K miles. Car currently has 14K miles on it. Dealer is doing good job addressing issues but this is not a quality built vehicle...

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

This is a letter from one of your first-time customers. In the grand scale I mean very little to your company as far as your bottom line. I am one of the millions that pay you every month and understand that with a corporate company like yourselves I don’t really have any pull in the service relationship we have. However, I believe it is therapeutic to encapsulate this experience I have had with you, and also to caution others who may want to purchase a FORD vehicle in the future. I don’t believe in getting something for nothing. I do believe in fair and honest treatment and that’s where you have failed Ford.

I leased my FORD Eco Sport 2018 in January 2018. Unfortunately, I was in an accident in late February 2018. Nothing huge just a fender bender but as I write this, it is September 13th, 2018 and I still don’t have my car back from the shop. You see you sold a vehicle that had no parts ready for it because they are made in India. (I’m not really sure if the location is to blame but that’s just what I have been told.) You take no responsibility for that, and believe that while it is unfortunate it is also not something you have any plan of action for or will do anything about. I have called, emailed, Facebooked, tweeted, and hoped for someone to help me and yet still there is nothing you “can” or will do. I have now not had a car for months while still paying my lease agreement. You wouldn’t even lend me a rental, so I had to pay for my own. $778.00 and one month later and I have just decided to be carless.

I am 30 years old and I have a family. I have a 90-year-old grandfather I take to the doctors and shop for so I've had to rely on friends and neighbours to go everywhere. I must Uber to and from work every day because I must make sure I can pay my ford credit bill this month for a car I haven’t seen in a half a year. I have spoken to two dealerships and they tell me stories about all their customers who are waiting on parts for the Eco Sport with no answers or timelines. How discouraging is this? My first new car and all I feel after this whole experience is abandoned and forgotten buy a company who made about 7.6 billion dollars last year off the very people they won’t help.

I have called your customer service line; whose sole purpose is to never actually help anyone but rather read the same four lines of script sent down from some corporate manual to ensure that: A. Ford never has to help anyone. B. To make sure that the customer is so defeated and frustrated by the end of the call you won’t want to call back. On that front Ford I say that you have succeeded. As I have been doing some digging to see who else I could call I have seen thousands of terrible reviews about everything this letter is about and clearly no one cares. There should be a support group for every customer you have let down because honestly it's outright abusive at this point.

My family has always owned FORDS. Generation after generation it is the only car we buy, and after this whole experience I don’t see myself being a FORD customer in the future. Even though I feel very defeated by this whole situation I am still hoping that someone will read this and have a little heart to understand that I am only looking for what is fair, for a paying customer and what is right for a customer who has valued FORD their entire life.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Ford Motor Company: your recall 18S20 has affected my vehicle. It is stuck in park because your bushings corroded and the cable between the gearshift and the transmission is inoperable. YOU have no solution at this time, but the dealership CAN fix it for $750 at my cost! And no rental!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I believe someone may have tried to break in my 2015 Explorer. I never realized that my door handle was plastic. All it took was a screwdriver to break it. Fortunately they were scared away. Otherwise they could have pried the lock and got into my vehicle. This handle is used on 2011 - 2017 models, part number 78218A14. This piece of plastic cost $68.50 plus tax. It is poorly made. They wanted a fortune to install it so we are taking it to a body shop who will install it for $30. Be aware that they change prices on you from one day to the next. We were quoted $68.50 on Friday and then on Tuesday they wanted $75. Ford used to be my favorite car manufacturer, but is not anymore. This vehicle has a lousy paint job that Ford would not stand behind, issues with the battery, and seat belt problems.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I know many of you already know how angry I am at Ford, but let me just tell y'all about how Mark Martin Ford and Kia in Batesville, AR has made it worse. Keep in mind, I've already had to have three other recall issues fixed (one of which is the clutch which is getting fixed again). So my car had stopped turning off for a week or so when I pressed the off button. Even when I left the vehicle and took my keys, it sounded like the engine continued to run for another ten minutes until it went off although the internal stuff turned off. On top of that, it had been hesitating to accelerate and shuddering, making it difficult and sketchy to drive. Which by the way, is an issue of which a class action lawsuit was filed against Ford and Ford lost a couple years ago.

My battery had been tested a few days before this even happened and it was good. Almost a week ago, the engine wouldn't turn on when I tried to start it, but all of its internal lights and components turned on and wouldn't shut off. It became a very loud blinky, electrical hassle to get them to turn off. My cousin came over to try to jump my battery but nothing happened. He tested it at that time and it showed the battery was fine. Ford towed it to their service department and I didn't hear anything except that they wouldn't be able to look at it until late Friday. So I didn't hear anything until Monday when they said my problem was I just had a bad battery. And that I would have to pay at least $130 for that. They also said they would have to replace my clutch but that would be covered under warranty.

At no point did they explain why my car wouldn't shut off when it should have, but they said it'll be ready today. I said I disagreed on the battery and the service manager said well you can have your old battery back and not pay a thing then. But still no explanation of why my car wouldn't shut off and said that couldn't be related to my battery going bad "overnight". Mark Martin Ford had my car for two days before even looking at my car. So in my mind, my battery went bad somewhere between that Thursday morning and whenever they looked at it on Friday or Monday morning.

I called Ford customer service corporate where they gave me a case number and told me the service manager at Mark Martin Ford and Kia would call me about it which didn't happen. When I called him, he told me he didn't even know what a case number was and said I needed to call Ford. I called Ford and they said it's the dealerships problem, call them. Both of them hyperfixated on the fact that my battery was dead and didn't explain or care about the other issues. So, how they are going to resolve it: put my old, now bad battery back on and I can take it as is, no payment necessary. Instead of fixing the actual problem of my car not turning on and off when it should. Sounds like the professional type of Ford service you'll hear about when you get put on hold for forty minutes.

They both said maybe I should talk to the manager. Flashback to six months after I even bought the car when I talked to the manager and he told me it was my problem because I bought the car to begin with. This after I had already had a leak, had to spend a month and a half to even get a spare key, and dealt with one or two recall issues where after they fixed it, I had problems after. He and Ford, as a company, have reminded me how bad of a reputation Ford has and why I never want to deal with them again. I have no idea why I let myself get talked into buying a Ford in the first place but it was a mistake all around. I want to urge y'all to never buy a Ford Fiesta or Focus at the very least and to reconsider going to Mark Martin Ford in the future for a car. I paid full asking price for this car and it has plagued me and will continue to plague met until I get rid of it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

First Ford Truck and within 5k miles, check engine light comes on. It goes on and off, can't be reproduced and now at 20k miles, it has been in the shop for 3+ weeks 2 different times waiting to be "fixed". The first time, dealer could not reproduce the problem after 3 weeks and within 2 days of me getting it back, the light came back on. Now, it has been at a different dealer for 2 + weeks and while they diagnosed it, they have too many vehicles in front of mine to look at it sooner than another 1.5 weeks. No loaners available. Have to leave it at the dealer or I lose my place in line. Terrible customer service. Big let down - will be looking to trade this FORD Junk in for a different brand once they ever get it fixed.

UPDATE ON 09/26/2018: Overall, when I purchase a new vehicle for 36+k, I do not expect it to have engine problems. After leaving the truck at the Ford Dealer for 4+ weeks, it was finally completed. I spent a fair amount of time explaining to their Service Manager all of the hassles I have had with this brand new truck. The dealer's Ford Rep agreed to offer a Premium Extended Warranty to 'restore' some good will. Having Ford offer a Premium Extended Warranty for the “hassle” is not really going above and beyond to help customers. It is expected at the very least.

After calling into Ford Customer Service and getting someone that basically reads from a ‘script’ and does not really care about the customer, my confidence in Ford’s customer service is completely gone. In addition, there is hardly any management of dealers and how they provide customer service on new Ford vehicles. Not impressed. In fact, while this was going on with my Ford Truck, my Chevy Traverse Check Engine light came on. I took it to the Chevy Dealer we normally go to and the customer service was stellar, it was night and day difference between the Ford Dealer. I get each Dealer needs to determine how they go to market and serve their customers, but, Ford does not seem to care as long as people buy their vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

MY 350 FORD DUMP TRUCK BROKE DOWN ON 6/23/18 AND HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP, FORD IN PLYMOUTH, MA SINCE THAT DAY AND IT IS UNDER warranty with parts back ordered. This is a joke, the truck has 4,500 mile and bought for work and I am without it for 9 weeks of my busiest time of the year, Ford has really failed me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Car broke down, 4 hours later still waiting for a phone and/or tow truck. Every time you call the number for the roadside assistance, you get asked the exact same questions as if you aren’t already in the system and haven’t already called over 6 times! What kind of crap is this? In a bad neighborhood, no AC since the car is down and no one seems to know why we don’t receive calls or text messages or why we haven’t been assisted. What’s the point of calling it Roadside Assistance. You’re assisting me to stay on the side of the road??? You don’t need anymore bologna, 'cause Ford you’re full of it already. This has convinced us to take back the Ford and never do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I will never purchase a Ford vehicle again. The customer experience I have received in exemption of maybe 2 people I spoke with has been horrible. I am selling the truck I bought through Ford privately and I was given the wrong information over and over again. FORD LOST $23,000. Advised me to resubmit the payment of $23k and ended up PROCESSING BOTH payments so we are talking about $46,000 of a problem. They have offered no solutions to the issue, at one point when I was transferred to a Payment support specialist I was told "Can’t help you" and the other rep asked this person "why can’t you" and the rep started to argue with her.

Ford has repeatedly given me incorrect information, I have heard one thing from one person and another from another person, I was advised to make a double payment after my check was LOST. How does a big company like FORD loses a $23k check, oh and I must add. It is not humans that handle the money. It is computers. So if anyone is trying to mail any money to Ford, don’t, because if it gets lost, no one will be able to tell you where it is or how to find it. Really disappointed. I wish I could sue and if this isn’t fixed and my double payment of 23k goes through I will. Shame on you Ford.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I bought a 2016 Ford Focus SE with the 6 speed transmission. At 20K had the computer flashed, noticed excessive shutter at low speeds while turning and accelerating. I contacted the dealer and like they tell everyone to adjust their driving habits which I did, I use this car for business and has a lot of highway miles, I am currently at 92,000 which I planned on retiring this car at 100k to give to my wife. At 88,000 miles the transmission started slipping between 2nd and 3rd gear, unable to kick down at 50 mph to pass anyone without major slipping, in stop and go traffic it smashes into gear hard.

Took it into the dealer and they say it's 1800 to replace the clutches and seals and they refuse to replace it even after I told them that they are responsible because this has been a huge parts failure for years, never had a transmission fail this early on a Ford. Ford Motors still refuses to replace it because I am outside my warranty and even when obviously this wearing out obviously started a long time ago to already be bad before 100k, as the 2016 models get more miles on them we will be seeing more and more 2016s with the same issues as the previous models.

I bought Ford because it's American made so I thought when really it's Mexican made, if I am going to buy foreign I will take my chances on Japanese at this point. Sorry Ford. I used to love you but since you have taken 2 weeks and still haven't giving me an answer on a approval to fix your massive clutch issue leaving my family in jeopardy without a safe car to drive. We're finished. Ford still tries to sidestep their problems even when there are so many people with the same parts issue is unacceptable.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our key was locked inside the car. I called them at 9:30 pm on 7/6/2018. They set up C&J towing in Madison, GA(50 miles away) to come unlock our vehicle and they would be there in 90 minutes. Two hours later I was told they would be there in 15 minutes. They never showed up and would not answer my calls. It was 4:00am before they called someone else to come out. Which would be 45 minutes before they would get there. Which they did show up and unlocked the door. We were traveling home from our vacation and had been on the road since 9:00am that morning. I really don’t understand why they called someone so far away to start with. VERY DISAPPOINTED in this service.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had a 2011 Ford Edge. Vehicle had high miles and I expect things to go wrong over time but this is just STUPID ENGINEERING!!! When the water pump goes on 3.5L engine it leaked coolant into the oil because it is built into the engine. No warning, and water in the oil basically destroyed the engine unless you are fortunate enough to catch it by fluke. If you are proactive and replace the water pump you are looking at 15 hours of shop labor plus parts and but there is no recommendations to do this in any manual. My motor is ruined and I will never buy a Ford again. WHAT A HORRIBLE DESIGN! There are several Ford engines with this design. This is a motor that is designed to fail. Dump your vehicles before this happens to you.

Ford expert review by ConsumerAffairs

One of the most well-known automobile companies in the world, the Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. With a history stretching back to the beginning of the automobile industry, Ford first began manufacturing vehicles in 1903. Now, Ford builds many different types of cars, trucks, vans and more. Ford also sells service truck chassis and offers uplift service for trucks as well.

• F-series chassis: Ford’s F-series of service truck chassis are the F-350, F-450 and the F-550. Each of these chassis is capable of being fit for service trucks and each is available in regular and supercab models. You can make sure you find an F-series model to fit your needs by looking at the specs of each online and selecting your own configuration.

• Super Duty trucks: Ford’s Super Duty trucks are the toughest cabs and chassis the company has ever built. Super Duty trucks are made of high-strength aluminum alloy and come with strong frames and axles. They are ideal for use in rugged conditions in industries like construction, forestry and mining.

• E-series chassis: Ford’s E-series cutaway chassis are ideal for service van upfits. Their basic design is built for heavy-duty towing and cargo hauling. You can use Ford’s online selection tool to find the right chassis to fit your needs.

• Commercial Vehicle Centers: Ford’s Commercial Vehicle Centers are specialty dealers uniquely qualified to meet commercial needs. If you’re looking for an upfit body for your chassis, the Commercial Vehicle Center can provide you with valuable information about viable upfit options.

• Upfit incentives: If you already have a truck that you want to use as a service truck, Ford offers upfit incentives for your chassis. Ford may provide cash assistance for upfitting your truck or van to a service vehicle. These incentives are subject to availability and may change, so contact your nearest Commercial Vehicle Center or check online to see current incentives.

• Best for: service truck fleets, people who need an upfit service and any other basic service truck needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs