Ford Cars and Trucks
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Ford Cars and Trucks

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

1178 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I bought a 2017 Mustang. I've had it four months and in that time it's been in the garage once a month for the same problem. My car is now in the garage again. The clutch has come out of it. The service manager said the car had been treated rough. I called the main company about this. Guess what? It's my problem. If, I have them fix it it will cost me 2000.00. If, I fix it it'll cost me 800.00 and voids all warranties. I tried talking to the service manager. He told me to go away. I was wasting his time. I've always been a fan of Ford. Not anymore. My family won’t buy them anymore. I tell people how they treated me. Now I have to pay this garage 90.00 to get my car back. This is a bunch of **. People don't buy a Ford.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I bought a preferred vehicle, a 2013 Ford Fusion from Wolfchase Ford. I am currently waiting on the 2nd head to be installed. It cost me $3700 for the first one. Ford has shown no interest in the issue. I would recommend not to buy an EcoBoost Ford.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've found the extras included in this car (2014 Fusion) extremely helpful. For example when desiring to change the temperature, audio and various other choices, there is no need to take your eyes off the road, just tell the car what you want and it responds. No fiddle with the touch screen necessary which is dangerous for your eye movement. The interior is very comfortable with leather seating and very handy arm storage area. Good design and good mileage.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I bought a 2016 F-150 and absolutely loved it! My issue is not with the truck itself, but with the lack of customer service from the dealer all the way to Ford Credit. I would have Ford do the regular maintenance on the truck and with that regular maintenance came regular frustration. When told that it would be ready at a certain time they never delivered. When you call to ask when it would be ready, no one had an answer.

Due to financial situation and wanting to help my parents out, I sold my truck. Not because I wanted to, but because it had to be done. When trying to process the paper work at local Ford deal, they were more worried about eating chips and salsa in the manager’s office instead of getting things finalized and me out the door. After 2 hours they finally had me sign the little amount of paperwork I needed and I was out the door. I was told that the reimbursement check for the over pay would be in my mail in 3-4 weeks. After numerous conversations with Ford Credit CS, and 7 week of waiting, they've decided to stop payment and reissue the check. Did they offer to expedite it, or send it with a tracking number? No...

I loved my truck… It reminded me of the summers I got to spend with my grandfather riding around in his. However, I believe the price you pay for a product should represent the quality of their customer service as well. Ford, your customer service in all departments needs to be improved. You put a high price on your vehicles, your customer service should be better equipped, better trained, and better ready to serve the people that buy your vehicles. Based on my CS experience with Ford, I doubt I will be back to get another one in my future, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Purchase new Ford F-250. They have been running commercials about family discounts for Florida after Hurricane. Called Ford direct and was told it is only for people that already have Ford financing that they are giving extra time to make payments. A total lie as compared to their B.S commercial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We purchased a 2016 Fusion from Auto Nation in Union City GA. The auto shift clutch immediately started vibrating, lunging and rolls backwards, I assumed it would be a warranty fix easily but the dealership and Ford refused saying it was “normal”. Now there is a class action lawsuit. After 50 years with Ford never again. Don’t buy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'd give zero stars if that was possible. Back story: never owned US made car. Drove just about every brand of Japanese car out there since '83, with no major complaints. I decided perhaps it was time to give a US company a try and my research suggested Ford the best of them. I got a new Explorer. Explorer seemed like a solid vehicle until at 20k miles it started to suffer some mysterious electrical problem, the worst of which manifests itself by hitting the gas pedal and nothing happens. The revs are there, it's just nada between transmission and the engine. It can last a few seconds to a few minutes and when it does finally engage, the car leaps forward similar to what happens when you drop the clutch hard on a manual car.

Other things are rear view cam coming on when going forward, cruise control shutting off for no reason etc. Worst, and potentially dangerous is the dead motor thing. Left me dead in the water in an intersection the other day. Brought it to Ford service three times now. First two times, being (apparently) an electrical issue, and an intermittent one at that, of course they couldn't reproduce the problem or fix it. Third time was the charm as I walked the tech out and it did it for him in person, so he confirmed it and said he thought it was electrical vs. a transmission issue. Once they got it in the shop, you guessed it, they could not reproduce it, and no fix.

Now I'm getting pissed. Many phone calls, etc. later to Ford corporate, them generally doing jack** to help me, etc., they then ask me to bring it in for a 4th time! I said I would, if they would at least tell me what they would happen after #4 visit and no fix: replace the car, let me out of the lease, etc. if after #4 if was not fixed. Their response was "we will evaluate that afterward in a 'good faith review'" I responded, "So if after #4 and nothing is fixed, we go onto #5?" They ignored the Q. Seemed pretty reasonable request to me...

Hence a total non answer and yet, I should bring it in for #4 with zero commitment from them, so at that point I declined knowing it was a waste of time and all they are doing is trying to wear me down and give up. I have 7 months left on the lease. So, it appears I'm stuck with Ford until the lease run out (which is me paying for a defective car), pay the lease off and walk, which is me throwing $ in the toilet on a defective car. And Ford was supposed to be the most reliable of US brands. No wonder we continue to lose market share to the Japanese, etc.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

In July 2017 our 2013 Ford F-150 lost all braking power. Had truck towed and they replaced Master Cylinder and brake booster. I researched and found our truck was manufactured 4 months too early to be included in a recall for this very issue. Ford headquarters finally agreed to pay us $350 of our $574 bill. We have a complaint number and approval code. HOWEVER it is October and the local dealership Sam Pack's Ford Country of Lewisville TX refuses to cut our partial hush payment! I've emailed and called too many times to both headquarters and local shop!!! I'm done with Ford and ready to spread the word of their refusal to admit to faulty parts and refusal to honor partial payment! They are liable and are trying to avoid all accountability. Shame on Ford as we all know BRAKES ARE OPTIONAL on Ford vehicles!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We have a chronic problem with a function on our vehicle. We have had to call roadside assistance every other month for the past while. Almost every time they send a towing company that doesn't service this area. I tell them when I call that this is a problem and to please send someone who services this area. They don't. So, after waiting for the tow truck company that does not service the area we have to wait for a tow truck company that does service the area!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I called customer service on Oct. 3, 2017 and spoke to Ashley. (800) 392-3673. I was trying to find out some information about a transmission hose part # and asked who to speak to about this matter. She told me to pay for a subscription to Motor craft or go to the dealer. The dealer wants $100.00 to tell me about the hose. This is ridiculous as I just need to find out how many transmission hoses my expedition has. I am not a mechanic to even know what to look for under the hood. A bunch of morons and I bought Fords all my life as I am now 52 years old... Somehow I am realizing why my friends buy Hyundai and other foreign cars. Customer service is worth nothing as they are as ignorant and nonhelpful as the Ford Motor company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Sponsorship of the NFL - I have driven Fords my whole life. I am 58 years old 20 years in the military but if you guys can't have the balls to stand up your flag and the soldiers that will go with it I will never ever I another Ford again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I love Ford vehicles. My first was an Explorer which I had for about 4-5 years but when both my dogs passed away, I needed to move on to help me forget but I sold it on my own and got a pretty penny for it. This was a rare occasion because I like to hold on to my vehicles. So I took the check I received for it and started my search for my next Ford. And of course there are the naysayers who will tell you that Ford stands for "found on road dead" But not in my case.

My next Ford was in 1996, the last year they made the Bronco. I bought it in Nov of 1995 and I drove it for 20 years with regular upkeep but not one problem along the way. One month short of 20 years it got tired and had to go to Bronco heaven. I had more people asking me if I would consider selling it because I take care of my cars and even after 20 years, there was not a speck of rust on it. I was stopped at a light one day and the guy behind me got out of his car and came to my window just to tell me what a nice truck it was.

Since then, I have been driving a non Ford car that I had in storage and I hate it. You can't see over other cars and trucks when you are stuck in traffic. But, never fear, the word is out that Ford will be bringing the Bronco back in 2018 and I will be the first in line. I just wish they would bring the little side windows back. They were awesome too.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

After owning my 2015 Ford Fiesta for two years I got in my car and when I went to shut the door the entire plastic handle broke right off. They would have to replace the whole door for $498 without any labor. No kids, well kept etc. This piece is such junk, will never buy another Ford if this is how they design them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Ford Edge Limited was well made and the fit & finish is very good. The vehicle has over 20K miles and no problems. The ride is comfortable and road noise is very low. The cargo area is a good size and can be doubled by lowering the rear seats. I recommend getting the V6 engine.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I am extremely disappointed in (2016) Ford Explorer which has failed transmission at 40,000 miles only. Worst part is, Ford's so called power terrain warranty does not cover the repair and I was billed 6,000$ to repair the transmission. I wish I listened my friends and did not touch any Ford products...

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased a new 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid through my shared employee plan through Harley Davidson and Ford Motor Company. The car currently has 25K miles on it and I have had nothing but issues with it. The transmission went out at 20K miles. The radiator cracked at 25K. There has been faulty wiring in the seats and door panels to name a few. I wrote a letter to Ford Motor Company and they called me back with a case number and opened an investigation on their end. They never called me back when I left messages and provided no information to me on the buyback program. I was just informed today (as my car is on day 26 of being in service at the dealership) that my car does not qualify for a buyback. When I questioned as to why, she said, "I don't know. I'm not an attorney. You'd have to hire one.” I am so disappointed in Ford's product, and horrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My mom bought a 2016 Explorer and the car was sold as new and no accidents. Well she washed the car last month and paint chipped off the front fender a big chunk of paint. My mom has had no accidents and keeps the car in the carport. She calls Ford and tries to use the warranty but Ford doesn't call her back for 3 days. She had to call them for them to tell her the car had been in a wreck previous. So she calls another number for corporate and the woman starts out with an attitude and implies she wrecked the car and is trying to get over on FORD. My mom don't have to get over on Ford. She just wants what she paid for when buying a new car. She bought the car in Florida where I was living at the time at BARTOW FORD.

The car was damaged during shipping and then was treated like she has to scam Ford to get her car fixed. My mom had the lady of the corporate office on speaker phone and the lady flat out told her it is her job to turn people down and not approve claims 'cause that cost Ford. Well I am the one that got my mom interested in Ford by me buying an Explorer and then I bought myself a 2015 Lariat and then my mom bought hers and was ripped off. Well my family has spent over a 100 thousand dollars and for the ignorance of that lady to tell us her job is to turn people down from their warranty. Well I'm here to tell people not to buy a Ford so people like her can't have a job. If enough people quit buying their product then they have to thin the ignorant people of Ford.

Needless to say my mom had to pay out of pocket to get her car fixed and they discovered that there was more damage done than what we was seeing and thanks to whoever covered this up it cost my family money and to be disrespected by a lady behind a desk that don't know ** about my mom and accuse her of trying to scam Ford. I did like your products. This was the first time we owned Ford. My family was always a Chevrolet family. Guess what? We will be getting rid of all of our Fords.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I am embarrassed to say that I have continued to purchase Ford products through the years even though they have proven to be poorly manufactured. Well I have finally learned my lesson. Never again will I purchase a Ford vehicle. Some examples, Explorer 30,000 miles cracked engine block, Excursion 52,000 miles transmission failure, Expedition tailgate paint bubbling off (they all do), Raptor 50,000 miles garage kept. A hole rusted through the bed (common).

Fords response to all of these defects "Drop Dead." If you wish to experience the absolute worst imaginable customer service call (800) 392-3673. I honestly felt as though they were mentally challenged so I escalated the case first to Matt ** never replied then Phill badge # ** big zero then Brian badge # ** bigger zero and finally the head supervisor Rose ** whom I would best describe her as robotic nit wit unable to respond beyond cookie cutter prepared answers.

As a small business owner I purchase multiple vehicles annually as well as personal vehicles so over the course of the last 35 years I have purchased more than 100 new vehicles. The majority of which were Fords. In 2017 alone F350 $50,000.00, A Expedition EL $70,000 and most recently a Raptor $70,000.00. So I hope Mr. Ford reads this and terminates each and every one of the inept, indifferent individuals at Ford who misrepresent themselves as a customer service department.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I was initially very excited about what appeared to be very positive changes at Ford, and purchased both an F150 FX4 pickup, and a Lincoln MKC SUV. Nice to feel good again about buying American vehicles. But I learned the hard way that Ford does a terrible job of standing behind their products. With the F150 truck, there was a brake booster recall that took months to resolve. And they will use any excuse to not honor warranties.

On the truck, bubbling rust started to appear on one of the running boards with less than 30,000 miles on the vehicle. When I initially went to the local dealer to have the truck washed and have this looked at, they told me to come back because the car wash wasn't working. I came back 2 weeks later (the dealer is not convenient to get to) and was told that even though the truck had less than 30,000 miles, it was now 11 days out of warranty and Ford might not cover the repair. The claim was submitted and Ford denied it. Yet clearly this rust problem did not just magically appear just after the warranty expired. Fords decision to not honor this minor claim shows how little they value their customers. And that they don't stand behind their products. As the saying goes - people vote with their feet. Thankfully there are many worthy competitors that prioritize customer service. I have learned a lesson and will never buy another Ford product.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The automobile is a 2001 Ford Crown Victoria Police Intercepter with a 4.6 liter engine with aluminum heads. While traveling down a very long hill at 60 mph, I heard an explosion and then a much louder engine noise. Upon investigation, found a spark plug sitting on top the engine and coil broken completely from the mounting screw. I began a massive rabbit trail into the cause of the failure and the various repair methods. It appears this is a universal failure due to a faulty engineering design that resulted in only a few aluminum threads holding in a steel spark plug. The aluminum is over stressed and fractures from the enormous repetitive shock on the scant threads that hold back all the pressure cycles. I believe that the cover up goes all the way back to the first year or two.

The dealership mechanics must be ordered to claim they have never heard of this problem, because all the non-dealer mechanics all know about it. Hundreds, if not thousands of victims to this dangerous design flaw are suddenly stranded or left in life threatening situations such as an engine on fire, stuck in the winter or desert heat. The factory requires a head replacement. There are cheap tap and "helo" type springs to make a temporary repair, but a kit such as Calvan 38900 or an ATD 5400 Triton kit for $250 can possibly make a semi permanent repair, if you have air tools, cylinder blow out and inspection tools, and know how to lower the cylinder and close the valves before the procedure.

So I got a chase tap, it cleaned the threads but the spark plugs still will not go into the engine head. Since this is an enormous problem for consumer and for Ford, a compromise should be for the Ford Manufacturing Company to at least pay for the job to remove all the plugs, install the ATD 5401's in each cylinder professionally, after first blowing all the shavings out of the cylinder after the drilling and tapping the new oversize threads.

I personally am older and in disability and am in a bad situation. Do I invest in the tools and kit ($800 or so) or do I just look for a Toyota or other quality car to replace the Ford junk? In any case, Ford Motor Company should recall all the aluminum blocks with this serious defect. They had full knowledge and could have recalled within a couple of years, but instead chose to cover it up. Now we the people are supposed to foot the bill? Replace my heads with ones that can't blow out spark plugs or replace the engine with steel heads.

Original review: July 28, 2017

The Power Transfer Unit (PTU) on my 2010 Ford Edge with only 36876 miles went out and the repair cost me $1900. Ford is aware of this issue but it has not escalated to being recalled. There is no preventative maintenance that can be performed on this part. It supposedly has lifetime oil. However, they do leak and there is no way of adding oil to prevent the part from complete failure. Ford is not addressing the problem and is not concerned with customer satisfaction.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I own a 2010 Ford Flex Limited. It has the EPAS steering system that has failed just like the 2011's that has the same part and has an active recall campaign to replace it. When I contacted the dealership, they pulled the part number up and confirmed the recall but, not on the 2010. The dealership then contacted Ford Corporate for financial assistance. Corporate asked the dealer for the parts and labor replacement estimate just to deny fixing my car. I have just spent over $3,500 replacing both turbos and now, Ford expects for me to pay another $2,000 to fix my car again! You would think that Ford would acknowledge a major safety issue like a steering failure!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I leased a 2015 Ford Fusion in the fall/winter of 2014 and have had it for 3 years and it gave me no problems the entire time. I took it on a few trips and it was great! I just traded it in thinking I would try a foreign car to take advantage of the mileage that they advertise so I traded it in for a 2017 Kia Optima. I've had this car for less than 2 months and it has given me nothing but trouble (electrical/engine related). It's been in the shop for 2 weeks now and I haven't heard any updates from the service manager as to when it'll be fixed, or what the problems are with it.

I've dealt with the roadside assistance, the service center, the corporate office and of course the dealership and I've been sorely disappointed with every aspect of Kia's customer service. I've been treated like a number and told that if I'm unsatisfied with the vehicle that I should "wrap it around a tree" and get something else. I'm never purchasing from Kia again... I miss my Ford sooo much!!!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I paid $3600 for the Premium Service package that is contracted in my payments each month. I can't get that money back. Fletcher Ford in MO said that my Ford has never had my Premium service done. Ford complaint center said it has. Fletcher Ford service center said that my rotors were ground down so bad that I need new rotors. Ford Complaint center claims that they were never touched by any service according to my service records. Ford tried to say that I ride the brakes too hard and that is why they are ground down so much. I had another Ford truck that I put over 400,000 miles on and never had to change the rotors. I don't ride on my brakes. I believe that there was some dishonesty along the way.

Ford has always serviced my Ford truck and they kept up the brakes. My brakes are right now 70% to the good so why would anyone grind down my rotors? The only thing I can think of, is so that I would get Ford service to replace them and that's how they make more money on your vehicle along the way. That's what the Premium service is all about to me, is to get more money out of you along the way by doing dishonest service to your vehicle, so it seems!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I own a Transit full-size van T350 built 5/2015 used for business. After 38000 miles the left rear axle seal failed and was replaced 11/30/16. One day later the hole axle seized after just 50 miles. After the warranty repair. It took to January 10/2017 to rebuild the rear axle (no parts available!!!) and to get the van back from the Dealer (Ford of Clermont, FL). Since then the van is creating a loud howling noise between 50 and 60 mph and a loud deep vibration noise over 70 mph. Four more attempts to repair/adjust. Did not fix the issue.

Since 12/1/2016 the van spent over 100 days in the workshop trying to fix the rear axle under warranty without success. Since 4 weeks my dealer tries to get in touch with a Ford engineer to assess the issue. Without success. In the meantime the right axle seal failed and spilled all the oil on the road. In addition to the incompetence of the dealership Ford Customer Service is at no service for a customer who has a more complex issue than an oil change. I called Ford customer service several times but all they do is to get you in touch with the dealer's management. Ford Customer Service is only set up to make you feel good and to mediate between dealer and customer. I feel that my only option now is to sue the dealer and Ford to get this faulty rear axle replaced.

Original review: June 6, 2017

After going to 6 dealerships must people with Ford transmission they offer us the X plan 400 off a new car. What a joke. I gave Ford 2 weeks to make it right. We out 2800 dollars and our balance of 8500 dollars what we owe on their junk. We have only one option now is to file bankruptcy due to Ford Motor Company. Thanks Ford for screwing up our credit. Ford don't care about their customers or the ones that drive their junk. We will have a long wait till we'll be able to buy another car. Thanks to Ford Motor Company. But in a few years there won't be a Ford in my yard and I'm going to get this in the news and buy a billboard and will leave bad marks on every Ford site I can.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I am in South Africa and bought 2016/2017 Ford Everest Limited and have had endless issues with it. The latest is the sensor on the steering rack failure which Ford now has to replace the whole steering rack for the second time. Once the sensor fails it disables all the driver assist features. I am concerned for my safety and do not know what the future will be with this car. I have done some research and have seen that Ford in the past had similar problems with steering rack failures. Can you help in any way please?

Original review: May 8, 2017

I bought my Ford F150 XLT brand new in 2010 and I have completely loved my truck! It has been great with no problems. So you can imagine how upset I am after only 93,000 miles my motor needs replaced because of how poorly the 4.6 engine was built. I would think the engine would last longer than that but I was wrong. My mechanic said that this has been the major problem with the 4.6 engine in these trucks so I am not sure why it never got recalled. Now I am out a pretty penny to get it fixed since it is my sole vehicle to get my family around in. I am not usually one to complain but this was defiantly an upset after spending $37,000 on the truck to begin with just to replace the engine 7 years later. Now that I will have a motor in it that was built right I should get a longer lifespan out of this truck!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I bought the car with 2,000 miles and they said is considered as new. I had the same problem as everyone here. During the past four years, I have taken it to the dealer 4 times for the transmission clutch. The last time they said there was another piece that needed to be replaced, so the transmission does not fail anymore but that piece was not cover by the warranty. I paid about $300. Looks like the warranty will be covered by piece. I don't understand. Right now is the fifth time my car is at the dealer and I hope they don't come with the same story. I hope our President Trump makes Ford Cars Great Again.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I purchased an F150 in Aug 2016, and my bank account was scammed in Feb 2017. In April 2017 Ford sent me a notice of default and right to cure. I discovered that Ford credit had not updated my personal information even though I had the car in service at the Ford dealer and gave my personal information on two separate occasions when I went to get the truck serviced. Ford credit stated they did not have my phone number so just put me on the bad credit list and threatened to repossess the truck even after I had placed $10,675 down to purchase the vehicle.

The dealership was given my new information in February when I needed an oil change, but they did not enter it into their system. This is a reflection of the shoddy, greedy and poor customer service of the Ford Dealer. I will never purchase another shoddy vehicle from Ford again. I have been a loyal customer for over 20+ years and realized that Ford could care less. I will NEVER again purchase a Ford and will discourage anyone else from considering a Ford EVER.

Ford expert review by ConsumerAffairs

One of the most well-known automobile companies in the world, the Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. With a history stretching back to the beginning of the automobile industry, Ford first began manufacturing vehicles in 1903. Now, Ford builds many different types of cars, trucks, vans and more. Ford also sells service truck chassis and offers uplift service for trucks as well.

• F-series chassis: Ford’s F-series of service truck chassis are the F-350, F-450 and the F-550. Each of these chassis is capable of being fit for service trucks and each is available in regular and supercab models. You can make sure you find an F-series model to fit your needs by looking at the specs of each online and selecting your own configuration.

• Super Duty trucks: Ford’s Super Duty trucks are the toughest cabs and chassis the company has ever built. Super Duty trucks are made of high-strength aluminum alloy and come with strong frames and axles. They are ideal for use in rugged conditions in industries like construction, forestry and mining.

• E-series chassis: Ford’s E-series cutaway chassis are ideal for service van upfits. Their basic design is built for heavy-duty towing and cargo hauling. You can use Ford’s online selection tool to find the right chassis to fit your needs.

• Commercial Vehicle Centers: Ford’s Commercial Vehicle Centers are specialty dealers uniquely qualified to meet commercial needs. If you’re looking for an upfit body for your chassis, the Commercial Vehicle Center can provide you with valuable information about viable upfit options.

• Upfit incentives: If you already have a truck that you want to use as a service truck, Ford offers upfit incentives for your chassis. Ford may provide cash assistance for upfitting your truck or van to a service vehicle. These incentives are subject to availability and may change, so contact your nearest Commercial Vehicle Center or check online to see current incentives.

• Best for: service truck fleets, people who need an upfit service and any other basic service truck needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs