Find a Car Brands partner

Ford Cars and Trucks

4.0/5 (2065 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: July 27, 2021

Current owner of 2 Ford vehicles. I have a 2019 Ford F150 and a 2016 Ford Edge. Both vehicles have ran awesome for the last several years we have had them. We have loved them since the day we got them. Well, 1 Day after Powertrain warranty expires on the Edge, the check engine light comes on. Odd, but we figure we better get it checked out ASAP. Take it into the shop the following day as that is when they could get us in. Codes P0303 and P0316 pop up for a cylinder 3 misfire. Turns out vehicle needs a TSB 19-2346 performed. For those of you that don't know, that is a whole Long block replacement (Needs a new motor because cylinder 3 burning up coolant).

I am frustrated to say the least that ford will not take ownership of the issue, even though they have came out with a full service bulletin for this issue. Keep in mind the vehicle has a perfect service record and only 45,000 miles on it which is well below average. So now I am sitting here with a broke down car that Ford wants me to pay $6,200 to put a new motor in. This issue has got me thinking about switching completely to another brand because their customer service on this event has been horrible and no understanding from them. Just them telling me I am out of luck.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I have owned so many vehicles and finally purchased a Ford focus this past year. By far the worst experience of my life. I brought a 2013 Ford focus that had a recall on the transmission control modular. After taking it to a Ford dealer they told me the part was on backorder and they had no estimate of when it would be fixed. Fast forward 8 weeks later, still not fixed, they refuse to give me a rental saying there is none available, I've called and spoke to supervisors of Ford company and get nowhere. They have the worst customer service. We are currently looking to buy another car while we wait for that piece of junk Ford to be fixed which could take anywhere from a day to years at this point and the second we get it back, we are listing it for sale!!! I will NEVER buy a Ford again!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I own a 2018 Fusion and a 2018 Ford focus. Both have almost 80,000 miles on it. The transmissions went out in both vehicles 2 weeks from each other. No recalls and unfortunately Ford's joke of a warranty is out too. How can you charge people this much money and have issues like this? 60,000 mile warranty is a joke in itself. I will never buy an American-made automobile again. Find a manufacturer that will give you 100,000 miles out the gate. That tells you they believe and stand behind their product. Without having to spend thousands on an extended warranty. I've owned 6 Fords in my lifetime, the last 3 were junk. Never will you see a Ford in my driveway again.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Bought a used 2015 Ford F150 in 2020. Purchased a "full coverage"/premium warranty on the vehicle. About a year later the driver's side catalytic converter went bad at a replacement cost of $1,200. The catalytic converter isn't covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. They aren't covered after 80k miles no matter when you bought the warranty. Such **. Zero customer loyalty.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Ford sold me new Ford Transit 2020 van and after only 6k miles and only few month of gentle use van's transmission broke. The van was making noise, no sensors went out so I kept driving and waiting for appointment to the shop for about 2 weeks. When at the shop I was told that all the fluid leaked out from transmission. I was driving this vehicle without transmission coolant for a period of few weeks so in my opinion the transmission is done and only a matter of time when it completely goes. People at the shop replaced the faulty part and send me on my way.

When I called Ford customer care department to complain and ask to at least give me extended warranty so I feel more confident in the vehicle, and to know if transmission breaks again at least it would be covered under warranty. Ford customer care representative (Kaytlyn **) offered me a free oil change, can you believe this? A free oil change? Which made me even more upset about the whole situation and ford customer service.

P.S They sold me a vehicle which was manufactured in January and I bought it in November, the van was passed from dealership to dealership with some miles on it until it found me and was sold to me as a new vehicle, salesperson failed to disclose this information until after the purchase. My advice is think twice before you buy a Ford product!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I just purchased a Thor RV with a Ford chassis. When I took it to a Ford dealer for repairs, I was told Ford built the 2021 F450 chassis to sell, but didn’t manufacture any parts. Therefore, it could be 6 months or very possibly longer before repairs can be done. The RV is not drivable and I live in it. Fords answer is to leave it on their lot until parts are made, no concern for the fact that I’m homeless in the meantime. It’s been four weeks now and I can’t find one person at Ford that cares! I would never recommend buying A new Ford.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My purchase was in April 2019, a used Ford Edge Ecoboost. 3 weeks after purchase I found myself stranded on my way home from work in rural Iowa. There were no prior warnings, notifications, etc; just a complete vehicle shutdown. Luckily I did not impact with anyone or vice versa. If I would have been on the highway only God knows what may have happened. Wound up having to have vehicle towed and engine replacement.... Bad start on a new to me purchase. Once again the vehicle is sitting dead in the water. This time came out of grocery store to a stalled vehicle. No indicators, it just won't start. The key fob is a possible cause, however over $300.00 for new key, it could be the battery, or the starter, or the alternator, or a fuse or 1 of the 10,000 electrical components under the hood....

Hmmm I also find it ridiculous that Ford does not provide service repair manuals FREE to vehicle owners. Come on guys. With the amount of recalls on your branded vehicles it's the least you could do. Anyhow I'd like to know why there has not been a recall on the 2012 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost turbochargers; there are so many of the stall while driving complaints it should be mandatory and would be humane. Ford should fix these issues especially during this time of chaos, change and unexpected futures, the last thing I needed was to have a vehicle that is non functional during the winter in the middle of a PANDEMIC. Hats off to Ford manufacturers and prayers out to those who, like me, still own one of their vehicles.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I have owned my share of Ford cars and trucks since 1979. I used to believe they were the best and the quality was off the chart. However of lately, my past two 2017 Ford’s were not the Fords I have had in the past. The quality has gone from 10 to about a 7 at best. I have recently owned and still drive my 2017 Taurus and recently parted with my 2017 F250 Diesel pickup. The truck wasn’t as bad as the Taurus but there were minor things. The truck had starting issues, and the quality of products used was not up to par in my opinion.

Mechanically it seemed to hold its own, I didn’t like how the computer limited its capabilities to be the truck it could actually be. As for the Taurus, it is a good mechanical sound driving vehicle as I expect from a Ford. However the body panels don’t line up, misaligned doors to 1/4 panels, the hood and trunk don’t fit correctly. I got a really good deal on it and didn’t take it to heart too much. But now after year 3.5 I am starting to notice rust sitting in the gutter of the trunk lid, that is unacceptable. There are a lot of people who drive Fords today or in the past because of my tenacity about them. However now not so much so. I recently bought my wife a Chrysler 300 Sedan, it is a nice well built car, I become more and more impressed with it over my beloved Fords.

I have owned probably over 50 vehicles in my life time, mostly Ford’s and a few GMs. Dodge hasn’t been a player since the early 70’s. Now they are back on the map! I am impressed and GM has made their way back as well. Ford needs to tighten up again. I was looking forward to possibly buying The new Bronco, however, I am really looking at the Rams and Dodges right now... If we continue to have good fortune with the Chrysler it will motivate me to move away from the Ford line.

Trust me I live and breathe Ford’s, my RV is The F53 RV Chassis with the V10, I love it! My late 90 and early 2000 Ford’s were much better, quality, craftsmanship and sheer engineering ingenuity. Just thought I would share. I have had at least one (1) Ford all my 45 years of driving. Not bad, but times have changed and so has Ford unfortunately. Breaks my heart. I hope they turn it around before it is too late, especially after dropping their automobiles. I plan on making a purchase in the next year, hoping to be my final purchase in my life time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

As if this 2020 hasn’t been awful enough, Lincoln/Ford has now been doing their part to bury what little is left of the year. I’ve been trying for nearly 4 months to get into another Lincoln, which would be my 4th consecutive Lincoln/Ford, but I’ve had nothing nightmare-after-nightmare unfold. I’ve actively reached out to the dealer and the individual that I have purchased my current lease through and either haven’t gotten responses or have been getting sky-high pricing. I’ve reached out to at least 20 dealers across the states of NY/NJ/PA and I’ve been met with ridiculous/oppressive pricing and dealers not willing to even discuss pricing. I have the GM of Causeway Lincoln, Dave ** telling me he won’t even talk to me (and this is the first time I’ve reached out to them, so not like there is a bad history). Imagine this lunacy when trying to give people business?

Now Lincoln is telling me that if I don’t get another vehicle, which I’ve been trying to do for months, that I will be penalized many hundreds of dollars. This is how they treat the loyalty that I’ve given, the money that I’ve spent, and the referrals that I’ve brought them. They’ve told me to buy more or get penalized. This has not only soured my time with the dealers, but with the brand as a whole. Clearly they have gone into the business of confiscation, not customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

To be brief: More than a dozen phone calls. More than half a dozen emails. Two different Map Update Drives. Poor Customer Service - No knowledge of system, careless attitude, multiple call you backs (without a call back). No follow up. Completely messed up Navigation System in vehicle. System will not update, continues to flash screen throughout the day while driving about incomplete update, voice command Nav totally disabled, maps reverted to earlier version with missing data. Suggestion: Don't buy a FORD. They don't understand the tech they put in their vehicles and will give you the run around hoping you will go away instead of fixing the problem.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information