Ford Cars and Trucks
3.53/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

1320 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have owned several Ford vehicles over the years. They have been mostly dependable. My worst experience so far has been the Ford 5.4L 3v in my latest pickup. I have had to do both cam phasers and the dreaded breaking spark plugs. It has otherwise been reliable and I have had no issues since the phasers were done 20,000 mi ago. Previous vehicles had only minor issues such as starters, alternators, O2 sensors, steering components, and other things you would expect to replace on an aging vehicle. I plan to buy another in the future.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I love my 2017 F350 Super Duty Platinum diesel dually. But there’s a minor flaw in the design of the side view mirrors on current Ford Super Duty trucks. The upper back half of the mirrors are available with a painted or chrome cap & the chrome option is the problem. The cap wraps around the inside upper edge of the mirror casing & the chrome acts like a mirror which reflects anything from whatever angle it’s set at. In my case, the driver’s side chrome cap reflects the white & yellow stripes from the center of the road.

The passenger side reflects anything off to the right side of the road like construction barrels, signage on fences, light poles, etc.. These reflections are a distraction to the driver. When these items or paint lines flash in my peripheral vision, they can be a distraction. Or when I take a quick look in my side mirrors to check traffic around me, the flash reflections of other objects off the chrome caps makes it difficult to concentrate on the actual traffic I’m trying to quickly assess.

Ford should paint the inside edge of the chrome caps with a flat black paint. I did this with my 2017 F350 Platinum dually & it solved the problem. Now the only movement I see is in the actual mirror itself. I painted only the inside edge of the chrome cap, which is not even noticeable to anyone looking at the truck from outside.This would be a very simple fix for Ford to do with the chrome mirror caps.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The Transit Connect wagon is a surprisingly well appointed mini van costing much less than the competitors. This vehicle has been a big hit in Europe for several years and is now breaking into the US market. It has great visibility, a very responsive engine, and plenty of room for 6 passengers. It drives and handles well. I especially like that the back seats fold down flat. We can safely haul our 4 dogs in 4 midsize hard shell dog crates (two side by side in the back, and two facing either sliding side doors) and still have room for gear and luggage. I’m very fond of the wireless cellphone cubby in the dash, no changing cables! It has separate climate controls and comfortable heated seats for the driver and front passenger.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been a Ford truck for for many years. 7.3s 460s, etc. I have been told to stay away from 6.0 Fords. Since my background includes being a Master Auto and Truck Technician. I have been working mainly on customer's vehicles. My personal experience started when I was in the market for a parts truck with a 6.0. I bought a theft recovery low miles 2006 F350 Lariat that was ransacked, stripped and ditched off road. I bought it for $2500. After feeling sorry for that poor thing, I've decided to rebuild it with parts that was just sitting in my possession.

After extensive repairing of chopped wiring harnesses, replacing of missing parts and having it recertified and then upgrading with EGR delete, programmer, cooling system low temp modifications, upgraded turbo and servicing with premium fluids. Adding 1 quart of ATF at every fillup. Fast forward 30k miles and 3 yrs of use. This is the best Ford I owned. It even runs better than my 05 Ram 3500 Cummins (48re transmission is nowhere close to the Ford's 5r110).

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I manage and run F-450 & F-550 trucks in extremely harsh environments. I can tell you for absolute certainty that if you maintain these trucks according and utilize the V10 gas engines you will get a very long life put of this piece of equipment. The number of fools that feel they need a diesel truck is shocking. I have extensive fleet Management experience and can assure you that for most of you buying a diesel is not a good idea. The modern emissions standards put on diesel engines ensures poor reliably and efficiency in comparison to the gas engines. For you sensible folks that want a durable and reliable machine, the V10 engine is all that you can ask for, just remember these are work trucks not mini vans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I bought a 2014 F150. I only have 35000 miles on it. Started rusting in the cab corners before warranty went out but they wouldn't cover it because it wasn't perforated. They assured me that once it perforates it would be covered because I was still way under the mileage and that the time didn't matter. Well, one month after the time portion of the warranty went out, it perforated. I took it to both dealers I had been dealing with and they wouldn't give me the time of day. Just said, "Your warranty is out, we don't want to touch it." Now I can't even get my truck fixed. Only one shop in my area will even touch rust work, but he wants close to $3500 to fix it and he has terrible reviews for quality work. Spoke to customer care and they said to just hope Ford releases some kind of reimbursement or extended warranty in the future. Are you kidding me?

The problem was clearly noted before the warranty expired. I could have easily poked a hole through the bubbles to make it perforated, but that would not be honest. I wasn't even looking for Ford to cover the entire thing, maybe just approval for the dealer to actually do the work and maybe a discounted rate. I was considering upgrading some trucks in my fleet to new super duty's as I've always had Ford, but given the way I have been treated the last few years by Ford, I don't believe I can bring myself to do so anymore. Whatever has happened to this company in the last 5-8 years, I am very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

2012 3.5 ltr Ecoboost. Shame on Ford. I purchased a used one owner 2012 with 90k miles on it. Got to use it for about 15k more miles and then it had the same problem so many others have. Timing chain issues. Quotes from 2500 to 3500 to repair. Very poor design for many year models. Ford should be ashamed for not taking care of such a major problem. I had to eat some major negative equity on a trade to be free of this problem. The days of holding your head high for being a Ford owner are long gone. Shame on you, Bill Ford.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My 2015 Ford Taurus was not completely shutting off after I turned off my car. The car was staying in accessory mode. I took it in for service and they said they could not find anything wrong. They told me I had to replace the battery. Diagnosis was a bad cell. I bought this car as a certified pre-owned and they replaced the battery before I bought the vehicle, they put the lowest-priced battery in the car.

The date stamp on the battery was 4/2017, and another sticker that said 3/36 meaning 3 years or 36,000 miles. I assumed that 3/36 was on the battery but apparently that is for the car warranty. Per Ford Customer Relations and the dealership, the date stamp means nothing and the battery would not be covered. Just keep this in mind if you experience this same problem. They offered me two different batteries, both were way overpriced compared to an auto parts store. You are better off saving a trip to the dealer and paying a deductible ($100.00 for me) and just go to your local auto parts store, get a battery that they will warranty!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Had not bought a vehicle in some years. Always go through Carfax but this time I couldn't. I was told I had a great deal to have the 2016 Ford Edge out the door for 25,000. Got home, checked Carfax and found they were advertising it for 22,901. They lied for a few hundred dollars. They will never get my business because they are deceptive. This was the second car from Gwinnett Place Ford. The first was a new 2001 Ford Ranger and we had to be real sharp and after maybe 5 to 6 hours, they finally honored the buy. This time they got away with the usual tactics. I will never ever buy another product from them, ever again. I am a Navy Veteran and I am disabled. A few hundred dollars is like thousands to me and my retired wife. Will also tell anyone else who wants to know about my experience with them. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

My 2018 Ford Transit Connect Titanium car that my wife and children drive we started noticing the car having hard times to turn left or right. We discovered that the carpet floor mat keeps getting sucked underneath the dash because of the turning mechanism from the steering wheel. I’m sure this is going to be a recall that nobody’s noticed yet but it is very dangerous. If my wife God forbid was to make a turn in the carpet gets stuck in the steering mechanism it would keep it from turning the way she’s going and can cause an accident. I don’t know where to go from here. Someone please help. Thanks again.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information