Find a Car Brands partner

Ford Cars and Trucks

3.9/5 (1327 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I bought my daughter a Ford Focus 2016 with about 47000 miles. 3 weeks ago the engine exploded with 53327 miles!!! But Ford doesn’t care!!! They don’t that it was only a few months out of power train warranty, but only time wise not mileage wise! I am really disappointed! I was looking to buy a Ford Bronco but now I will not buy a Ford or an affiliate brand again, until now we had only 2 Ford and 2 Lincoln which is Ford too but that will change now. I will have car brands that are proud of their products and take care of their customers that gave you 10 years and 100,000 miles warranty I’m sorry Ford is dead to me and my Family.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I have my Ford Raptor in the service dept for the cam phase issue which is a recall. I get the notice when my truck is out of the warranty, so guess what, Ford will not cover the cost, but to add to this injury they don't have parts available for this recall. My truck has been sitting in a Ford Service Dept for 2 months waiting on these phasers, with no eta. on parts, and no assistance. Ford may look good but they do not stand behind the product, Chevy will definitely be my next choice.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Ford Motor Company ignored and did not respond to our complaint about serious defect in the cruise control! We have a 2021 Ford Transit 3500 with only 2,200 miles. While cruise was set at 70 mph driving on I-5 in Late October it slowed automatically to about 40 MPH while in right lane as we were approaching a traffic slow down in both lanes. We moved into the left passing lane at about 35 MPH at that time and traffic was starting to slow down when suddenly and surprisingly the Adaptive Cruise Control accelerated violently towards a vehicle in the left lane which was stopping quickly directly in front of us. It was like we were going into warp drive on Star Trek Enterprise with another truck almost stopped right before us! It happened so fast that it seemed hitting the brakes did not slow us down or cancel the cruise control. We had a horrible collision with the truck in front of us at maybe going about 45 to 50MPH causing deployment of the front airbags.

It has been so very disappointing that Ford Motor Company did not respond to my appeal on 10/29/2021 to answer our concern when I communicated with the online representative on the Ford Website. The associate I communicated with would not answer my questions or address the issue so I asked for her to forward this concern to her supervisor or manager, which she agreed to. I also called the general Manager at Damerow Ford in Beaverton Oregon and explained the situation. I had ordered the truck through them from the factory. The result was also zero help and guidance also.

My auto insurance carrier did not want to address this issue saying that since the personal injury was minor it did not merit them getting involved investigating the possible defect in Ford's product. We sustained back and neck injury and are still experiencing pain from the wreck 2 months ago. Also the truck is at a dealer now awaiting repairs and rebuilding. I would like to recommend that to save lives, injury and damage to property that Adaptive cruise control from Ford Motor Company be used with extreme caution until the manufacturer stops ignoring this concern and does their job to protect their customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I own two Ford vehicles, a F350 Ford diesel King ranch 2016 and a 2018 Ford explorer Platinum two of Ford's top of the line vehicles. The Ford explorer third row electric seat began having issues within the warranty period at 21k miles and within 1 month of the vehicle warranty expiration. Just a couple of weeks after the expiration of the 36th month warranty but well within the 36k mile warranty (25k miles on The vehicle) third row seat would no longer operate (only having been used a few times). One of the main reasons we purchased the vehicle was for the third row seat for our grandchildren.

After several trips to two different dealerships it was determined that the wire harness would need to be replaced and in order to do that apparently much of the vehicle needs to be disassembled. A very significant effort and expense to repair. I felt surely Ford would stand behind me and rectified what was clearly a defective mechanism. After several months of back and forth and Ford stringing me along ultimately they would not provide ANY assistance. Worse multiple requests for them to provide that decision in writing were simply ignored. I have never been so appalled at a major corporation's lack of professionalism in handling a customer service issue. My experience with them has left me realizing that FORD is a two-bit company not interested in customer service or standing behind their product. FORD NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Dealership at Arrow Ford places too much emphasis on maximizing their profit for maintenance services & replacement parts! During the purchasing phase this dealership will seek to recoup any prior sales incentives by increasing the prices on credit ratings offered. If you purchase outside Ford credit then you lose your sales buying incentives!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

The company is proactive in cost reductions for new vehicles in inventory. Other companies have not matched Ford's deep discounts for previous year's new vehicles. Local dealerships more aggressive than nearest competitor: GMC.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I really like Ford vehicles. I have owned several and I currently have a Ford Flex SUV in addition to another branded vehicle. I have always found Ford vehicles to be solid and dependable, and I still trust the brand today.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I have enjoyed my Ford Edge very much. It is a Eco boost. It has a back up camera and it will beep if close to objects. Priceless. I am able to put a lot of items in the back and the back seats will lay down to be able to put more things into the back.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Don’t hold value/negative equity/poor resale in most cases. Wouldn’t buy another! Need to take the dealerships out of the sales process. Keep sales between manufacturer and customer. Have set discounted prices from the manufacturer and rate completion similar Carvana/Carrom/and others. Get rid of all the **.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Ford finds fraud to be an appropriate means of snaking customers. According to their marketing department (Connor), this is a typical practice. They hire a 3rd party company to get information so that ford can send emails about “deals”. My father received an email that stated he could save $3500 on a new truck. He went to Woltz and Wind Ford to take a look and was set to buy until his salesman noticed something. His so called offer email was attached to someone else’s address. Mind you he’s lived in the same place for 45 years. How is it that a “marketing” company could screw up something so blatant? Then when you contact marketing they tell you that they have no ability to correct the problem. Here’s where the fraud accusation comes in.

Dealers are still willing to submit the paperwork with the numbers for the “so-called rebate”. So customers, like my dad would be turned down for the $3500 rebate. I don’t know about the rest of the world but that’s a lot of money. They’re fraudulently using “buyer’s” emails attached to an unknown address to entrap the “buyer” into a contract that they would be stuck with. A rebate email never geared to work. Hopefully others would not be duped by their “snake-like” behavior. Make sure you ask questions! I’m leaving this review Bc I made the phone calls to Ford. I wasted hours on hold for every Ford representative that I spoke with to tell me that they are INCAPABLE of correcting the issue.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information