Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love that for a small hatchback it sits higher and has more headroom than all its peers. It has excellent acceleration as well as a very responsive ABS braking system, compared to its competitors in this class. The Ford Sync system and USB plug-ins were state-of-the-art when I bought it in 2013, and still work great. It has good shocks and very comfortable seats with lumbar support. The split, lay-flat rear seat gives a huge cargo space for a small car. Of all the hybrids in this class, this one sounded like the best on paper and turned out to meet or exceed my expectations...and still gets nearly 40 mpg on the highway. The one thing that wasn't well made was the handle release for lowering the rear seats. One side broke away from the cables under the seat so it doesn't work to lower the seat and is very expensive to fix- requires a total seat replacement, over $1000. So not worth it to me now.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love my Ford Flex! My favorite feature is probably the built in jukebox where I can load songs from my CD's into the car and create my own permanent playlist. I also really appreciate the space in the car. We typically have two or three kids (including 2 booster seats) in the 2nd row and keep the 3rd row down for storage. The only negative about this car appears to be that it hates aftermarket parts. My husband maintains the vehicles and he's had horrible luck with parts from our local parts stores. As long as he uses factory parts (which cost a little more), the car doesn't reject the repairs. I will also say, that my car is a 2011 and it takes a while for the heated seats to warm up. Once they're warm, it's all good. Gas mileage is just ok, but it's not horrible for such a big "wagon" in my opinion.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The Ford Edge; 2012 1st in its class to have been designed with the EcoBoost 4cylinder engine. That takes the 4 cylinder engine and by design and engineering turns the put-put into a vroom-vroom. Multiple areas for additional options if you are into all that swagger. Ambient light color selections (doors, feet, cupholders), Microsoft Sync option (navigation, hands free talking, Sirius Radio option). They failed to mention the Navigation only works if you have the vehicle's SD card. Without having the patches download due to a "Ford Notice" you cannot utilize any portion of the Sync system except phone and music. What a waste of storage space.

3 rows of seating give plenty of room for shopping, camping, lay down seats and lots of compartmental storage areas. An elongated moon roof which is simply awesome for those road trips to the coast or through the mountains. Towing capacity with the built in selector of overdrive. Pretty decent vehicle for blue collar workers. Downfall: gas mileage is not good as the hype portrayed. My Ford App requires you to use a Ford Dealer to access any of those benefits, and the old mighty don't lock your keys in the car unless undoubtedly you have your entry keypad set up. The code is located in the owner's manual, but if you didn't buy it from Ford you are SOL...unless you do a little research of course. But Thumbs up Ford, hoping to see more innovation in the next few years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

A compact four-door, hatchback, 5-speed manual transmission. Fun, affordable little car! Surprisingly with a lot of room for its size and quite zippy. The instrument panel is well designed. My only complaint was the facing around the shifter reflected the sun in the most intense way. I wish they would have used the same material that was used on the dash. Great gas mileage. I chose to use full synthetic oil from day one. I've had one issue with this vehicle, the radio would not turn off causing the battery to drain. Ford replaced, no problem. I upgraded my tires. The second set made a big difference in the road noise inside the vehicle. I will definitely buy another Ford in the future.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I love my 2017 F350 Super Duty Platinum diesel dually. But there’s a minor flaw in the design of the side view mirrors on current Ford Super Duty trucks. The upper back half of the mirrors are available with a painted or chrome cap & the chrome option is the problem. The cap wraps around the inside upper edge of the mirror casing & the chrome acts like a mirror which reflects anything from whatever angle it’s set at. In my case, the driver’s side chrome cap reflects the white & yellow stripes from the center of the road.

The passenger side reflects anything off to the right side of the road like construction barrels, signage on fences, light poles, etc.. These reflections are a distraction to the driver. When these items or paint lines flash in my peripheral vision, they can be a distraction. Or when I take a quick look in my side mirrors to check traffic around me, the flash reflections of other objects off the chrome caps makes it difficult to concentrate on the actual traffic I’m trying to quickly assess.

Ford should paint the inside edge of the chrome caps with a flat black paint. I did this with my 2017 F350 Platinum dually & it solved the problem. Now the only movement I see is in the actual mirror itself. I painted only the inside edge of the chrome cap, which is not even noticeable to anyone looking at the truck from outside.This would be a very simple fix for Ford to do with the chrome mirror caps.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Issues so far. Cabin air filter, horn sticking (both fixed by warranty). Not fixed by warranty: Loud noise in door, transmission, rear hatch, rear glass. Ford refuses to honor warranty. Dealership has been unable to fix issues. I have tried to call the regional warranty person at ford for over 3 months. Left over 15 messages. Warranty position has been held by 3 different people. Not one of them has called me back. I am not out of pocket over $1k in repairs that should have been covered under warranty if ford stood by their word.

The transmission is slipping badly but dealership says they can do nothing as no code is thrown. I pray that it completely goes out before warranty period is over so they might fix it. I almost forgot, there is an exhaust leak that dealership claims is not there. The transmission also leaked fluid beginning at 20k miles. Rear hatch mechanism failed twice under warranty. Now that out of warranty and failed again, they refuse to cover. Cannot open rear hatch. Rear window exploded on freeway in snowstorm. Nothing touched it.

Rear defrost was not running, only the rear wiper. Computer has shut down twice now and caused all of the dummy lights to come on when driving. Problem is intermittent and I am told there is nothing that can be done. I am beyond upset and frustrated and cannot believe that I cannot even get so much as a phone call back from the warranty department of ford corporate. Going to try to blast them everywhere I can and plan to go over options with lawyer this Friday.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I tell everyone I know to stay as far away from Ford as possible! They are liars and they will do everything and anything to ruin people. They will ruin your credit over $44.00 instead of contacting the customer. They tell you they didn’t have your phone number to contact you even though you have proof that you received a call and spoke with someone 2 weeks earlier. They are out to ruin people!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Updated on 02/18/2020: So I call Ford Customer service today, again and because I haven't received any updates on my complaint I ask for Adriana **'s supervisor to see if maybe I can get a ending in all this ridiculous and absurd case of malfunctioning Ford USB navigation update. So again nothing, I have to wait and see if this supervisor will respond....I will keep calling and posting because this is the only way that I may help others not to make the same mistake and purchase a navigation system update by using the USB that Ford is selling for 152 dollars.

Updated on 02/12/2020: After I received an email from Ford customer service said that I need to call the Ford dealer director....after a month 1/2....I decided to call today again and I call 7 times asking for help....the last person that I talked to told me that I have to call 18009008458....navigation system customer support, so I spoke with Melanie, explain my problem and you are not going to believe this, she said that there is nothing she can do, that I have to call Ford customer service 18003923673...again. I call 7 times today...."Sorry you have to call back so they can call us...." call us....I pay 154 for an update on my navigation system and 107 to fix the part that was damage by the USB that Ford send me and now there is no one who is responsible to all this and there is nothing that I can do to have my money back.

Original Review: I'm the owner of a Ford F150 and I was advised by a letter from Ford motor company that my navigation system needed an update and for me to be able to have it I have to purchase. Went to the website and after writing down the VIN number and the navigation system code I paid 175 dollars. After a fews day I received and USB with all the installed instructions. The truck need to be running and it will take around 60 minutes, so I sat and followed the instructions, after a few seconds my screen was white and said navigation system error and then the alarm of the truck went off and the radio. So I decided to call to the number that it was showing in the USB box. Customer support. I was talking to a person name Jasmin. Tried really because her background was a baby crying, so she put me on hold. Wait and wait.

I decided to call my Ford dealership and explain the situation. The only solution it was for me to drove and get my battery. That resolve the sound problem, but my navigation system was white and showed a navigation error. So I decided to made an appointment to the following day which was Monday at 9am. Monday the only person who does fix this type of problem show up and say, "I don't have time today, come back tomorrow, maybe tomorrow." maybe? So I need another appointment to Thursday at 8am. There I was listening to the manager talking to customer service. "Doesn't she has a guarantee?" "Yes she has." "Well let order the part." Part? I just need an update.

As a result I have to paid another 107. The USB that I received from Ford motor company damaged my navigation system and a part needed to be replaced. I call Ford motor complaint department and explain all the situation, and after a month of calls and emails I received an email said this is the director phone number for you to call it. What I want, I want my money back that's all. There was nothing wrong with my pickup before all this update thing. Did I got my update. I don't think so no.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

As my Ford lease was coming to a close, I went in to visit Sales Rep Stephen **. I expressed my needs, concerns and what I was looking for in my new Ford vehicle. I also stated the price range. Mr. ** listened to my needs! He presented me with a vehicle that not only met my needs and concerns but exceeded my expectations!!! Most Importantly, he helped me Stay Within My Budget!!! I am So Very Grateful!!! If you need a reliable, dependable car and need to stay within a budget I Recommend that you visit the Maplecrest Ford Lincoln Dealer of Union. Ask for Mr. Stephen **!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

This is about Lugoff Ford and what has happened with Ford Corporate. Low levels of integrity especially when faced with legal grey areas. Spot deliveries should be removed as they do nothing but help the dealer and put the potential owners in a precarious position if the unapproved financing falls through. A disabled veteran, who has never purchased a new truck finally decides to make the leap, a dealership who on the surface seems amazing to deal with. One spot delivery and failed financing deal two days later, and the honeymoon is short lived.

Out of town and unable to review new documentation I requested the dealer to pick up its truck as financing had failed, it was their truck, and I couldn't give a yes or no until the paperwork was reviewed. Unfortunately for both parties, a drunk driver drove through my yard before my return, and broke the frame of this brand new truck. Putting on a wonderful front, attempting to help (at least on the surface), it seemed all was well. The insurance questioned who owned the truck, because documentation was never signed, and the fun began.

On the verge of harassment the dealership went so far as to say they would drive to wherever I was located to get me to sign the documentation, because, in their eyes, why wouldn't I sign the documents I never had a chance to go over. They went so far as to say that the approving credit union knew the truck was wrecked, and that it was deemed OK. A quick phone call to a branch manager proved that the dealership was lying and never disclosed the accident, as a result, the credit union started that neither I or they had financial responsibility to the new truck. The dealer then took the stance that regardless, I owned the truck, and it was my responsibility, and I was on my own. Calls left unanswered, phone calls never returned, and a GM who wouldn't make contact, in stepped lawyers on both sides.

A month later and the issue is unresolved, the dealer refuses to be amicable, and now they have gone so far as to push my personally identifiable information to ANOTHER creditor, obtain an approval without my permission or signature, and expect me to make a payment on a truck I have yet to sign for by the 7th of January.

As a disabled veteran, this is heartbreaking to be apart of, it has put me back in therapy. We have approached the VA and Prisma Health (my wife's place of employment) about publishing our story in their newsletter, as it obvious the only thing this dealer understands or respects is the bottom line. I will also be contacting, if approved, all local news outlets that are willing to listen, as this needs to be out in the open. I wonder how many lost customers this issue will cause? And for what? A truck? With so many Ford dealerships to choose from, Lugoff Ford (and by virtue the whole family of dealerships IE Lugoff Toyota, Carolina Dodge, etc.) needs to understand the repercussions of taking advantage of its disabled veterans and hospital workers.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information