Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Find a Best Car Brands partner
1.3(1,429)

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

• 1%
  • 5%
  • 87%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?
    Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed July 6, 2024

In July 2021, we bought the new Ford Explorer ST thinking this was the SUV of our dreams but it turned out to be a nightmare because with 12k miles it started to make some noises, one directly from the engine and another that until today they couldn't find, so they opened the engine and changed CAM PHASERS AND OIL PUMP so we didn't make any report trying to change it. I sold it back, now in 2024 and with 30k miles this happened another time so for the 2nd time they were opening the engine, this time I decided to claim with Ford Moto to buy back or replacement, as this car is not a cheap car but this is being a problem because they say I should have done it the first time at over 18 months or 18kmiles.

I explained everything to them and they simply asked me to call Better Business and dispute there to complete it. They replaced the part for the second time and when the mechanic went to do the test drive he saw that the part that was replaced was defective and now this part is back order and there is no forecast for delivery. In short, if the BBB does nothing we will be with an expensive 30k miles car with on it and engine historic condition that has already been opened 3 times. So disappointed with Ford customer service.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 2, 2024

WARNING!!!! If you purchase a new Ford vehicle with a prepaid BlueCruise subscription, you will NOT receive a refund for unused time. For example if your vehicle is damaged at a loss, you sell the vehicle, you turn the leased vehicle in, before your BlueCruise subscription is expired, you won’t receive any refund. Don’t bother with calling Ford Customer Relations for a solution. You are better off dealing with the dealer you purchased the vehicle, as if that’s a real solution. Ford doesn’t care about existing customers or retaining customers as is seen by their JD Power results, Consumer Reports, and NHTSA recalls. They have a major quality control issue which makes things worse for existing customers. This is particularly true for EV owners.

If you are considering a MachE please know that you may have issues with getting the vehicle serviced. Dealers don’t have the EV techs to deal with the number of EV vehicles. This translates to extremely long wait times for even minor repairs. Ford also will not provide a rental vehicle during the long service time for your vehicle. Your dealer MAY provide a loaner but it’s not required by Ford. An individual dealer can also refuse service on your vehicle or provide a loaner if you did not purchase the vehicle at that individual dealer.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I own a Ford Explorer 2020, last week it started “bucking” while slowing down between 30-25 mph. Took it to my local dealer and they said it was a transmission problem. They reset the computer and told me to drive it for 500-1000 miles! It is under warranty and yet they won’t fix it! I’m afraid when I slow down and it grabs almost stopping me completely that I will get rear-ended! Shame on Ford for expecting people to drive their car like this. I have never owned anything but Ford in my 62 years but once this is resolved I plan to trade it in for a different make! The mechanic himself said they are using junk parts and I will not ever buy another Ford! Beware consumers!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 14, 2024

After such a terrible experience with Honda on a recall transmission warranty issue, I thought I should go back and give Ford much credit in an issue I had in 2019. The major difference between Honda and Ford is Ford from day one kept lines of communication open and listed to my issue. This is directly opposite of Honda. Honda would not return calls, speak with me or address written letters I sent to them. Ultimately Ford covered the issue and I’m very satisfied with the process. Thank you!!!

Customer Service

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I purchased a used 2019 Ford Expedition Max with a little over 70k miles on it. My vehicle had been getting serviced by Ford Dealership and in January of 2024 I took it for transmission fluid change at 106k miles which is what Ford recommends doing. A couple days later I was with my family in Ohio at a family member's funeral, as I was driving back to Vermont around 3AM in the morning at highway speed I felt the car slowing down and coming to a complete stop in the middle of the highway. I thought maybe something went wrong with my cruise control since it was on. I was very lucky it was night time and none was behind otherwise it could've been worse.

I tried to drive the car but it would skip from 7th to 8th gear back and forth so I decided to pull over and got towed, took the car to the dealer just to be told that my transmission fluid is burnt. I don't understand why new fluid would overhit just after 2,000 miles. The dealer said they had nothing to do with it but ford could do something about it, so I called Ford and was told that since my vehicle is rebuilt, they can't help me. My vehicle was totaled from hail damage; only the rooftop and windshield were replaced, which has nothing to do with transmission overhitting after fluid change. Ford Customer Relation asked that I contact Ford Consumer Affair only by mail and I am hoping they can help.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Whatever you do, do not ORDER a Ford. Buy one off the lot if you are forced to. I ordered a truck from a NJ based dealer in August. It was built in Feb. did not ship until end of April. It’s mid May and I still don’t have it and have no updates. No one in the pipeline cares and offers no answers. Absolute customer service nightmare.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I have a 2019 F-150 purchased new. A couple months after purchase had to replace cam phasers, dealership had the vehicle for 4 months. Several months later had to replace cam phasers again and cam shaft. Transmission shifted so hard it would literally slam you in the seat, took it in for that told me its supposed to shift that way, but they reprogrammed the transmission. I don't think you should get whiplash when your truck shifts. Reprogram made no difference so I kept taking it back and complaining finally ford agreed to a transmission rebuild. Then started leaking transmission fluid they replaced the pan.

Now 6 months after rebuild and out of warranty engine rattles so cam phasers need replaced again and transmission is shifting hard again and on longer trips (like driving for an hour and a half) I have transmission fluid all over the back of my tailgate and dripping. There is no warranty on the rebuild because it was rebuilt under the warranty and the warranty has expired. How does that make since? There should be a time frame for work regardless of who paid for it, the warranty or myself. I will never own another Ford. Ford does not stand behind their work! These cam phasers and the 10 speed transmission should be on recalls. Us consumers should not be having to pay for faulty equipment.

Coverage

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I recently ended a lease with Ford Credit after the 4th lease end. The last 3 since I continued a lease with another Truck I didn't have to pay the Lease disposition fees. I had purchase extra wear and care insurance for each of the 4 truck I had leased, about $800.00 for each time I leased a Truck. I get hit with the disposition fees for this last time because I didn't open another Lease. I was under the assumption this extra wear and care paid for the disposition fee of reading the Truck to be resold. It doesn't making the extra insurance absolutely useless even though the fees were $450.00 and the wear and care was to provide for up to 5000 in wear and care. This fee should have been covered. My own insurance would have covered any major damages.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I haven't had GPS since 2 mos after purchase & only intermittently those 2 mos. No one in sales or service; nor leasing that on top of $505 mos you have to PAY for GPS. I will never buy another Ford again, but for sure will steer friends & family away from them. Biggest mistake of my 35 yrs of car buying.

Reliability

Reviewed April 18, 2024

2014 F150. Had to replace the engine due at 130K miles. First engine had a defective cylinder, never came back from the garage. The second engine is guaranteed, unfortunately cylinders 3 and 5 are also defective. Where Ford or the mechanics shop do not know why. 4 months of the truck in the shop, Ford Corporation will not even provide a rental car. This is the last Ford vehicle I ever buy, probably would accept one as a gift due to the constant mechanical problems. $14.5K and rising.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information