2. Automotive

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,612 ratings submitted in the last year

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: April 10, 2021

Ford sold me new Ford Transit 2020 van and after only 6k miles and only few month of gentle use van's transmission broke. The van was making noise, no sensors went out so I kept driving and waiting for appointment to the shop for about 2 weeks. When at the shop I was told that all the fluid leaked out from transmission. I was driving this vehicle without transmission coolant for a period of few weeks so in my opinion the transmission is done and only a matter of time when it completely goes. People at the shop replaced the faulty part and send me on my way.

When I called Ford customer care department to complain and ask to at least give me extended warranty so I feel more confident in the vehicle, and to know if transmission breaks again at least it would be covered under warranty. Ford customer care representative (Kaytlyn **) offered me a free oil change, can you believe this? A free oil change? Which made me even more upset about the whole situation and ford customer service.

P.S They sold me a vehicle which was manufactured in January and I bought it in November, the van was passed from dealership to dealership with some miles on it until it found me and was sold to me as a new vehicle, salesperson failed to disclose this information until after the purchase. My advice is think twice before you buy a Ford product!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I just purchased a Thor RV with a Ford chassis. When I took it to a Ford dealer for repairs, I was told Ford built the 2021 F450 chassis to sell, but didn’t manufacture any parts. Therefore, it could be 6 months or very possibly longer before repairs can be done. The RV is not drivable and I live in it. Fords answer is to leave it on their lot until parts are made, no concern for the fact that I’m homeless in the meantime. It’s been four weeks now and I can’t find one person at Ford that cares! I would never recommend buying A new Ford.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My purchase was in April 2019, a used Ford Edge Ecoboost. 3 weeks after purchase I found myself stranded on my way home from work in rural Iowa. There were no prior warnings, notifications, etc; just a complete vehicle shutdown. Luckily I did not impact with anyone or vice versa. If I would have been on the highway only God knows what may have happened. Wound up having to have vehicle towed and engine replacement.... Bad start on a new to me purchase. Once again the vehicle is sitting dead in the water. This time came out of grocery store to a stalled vehicle. No indicators, it just won't start. The key fob is a possible cause, however over $300.00 for new key, it could be the battery, or the starter, or the alternator, or a fuse or 1 of the 10,000 electrical components under the hood....

Hmmm I also find it ridiculous that Ford does not provide service repair manuals FREE to vehicle owners. Come on guys. With the amount of recalls on your branded vehicles it's the least you could do. Anyhow I'd like to know why there has not been a recall on the 2012 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost turbochargers; there are so many of the stall while driving complaints it should be mandatory and would be humane. Ford should fix these issues especially during this time of chaos, change and unexpected futures, the last thing I needed was to have a vehicle that is non functional during the winter in the middle of a PANDEMIC. Hats off to Ford manufacturers and prayers out to those who, like me, still own one of their vehicles.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I have owned my share of Ford cars and trucks since 1979. I used to believe they were the best and the quality was off the chart. However of lately, my past two 2017 Ford’s were not the Fords I have had in the past. The quality has gone from 10 to about a 7 at best. I have recently owned and still drive my 2017 Taurus and recently parted with my 2017 F250 Diesel pickup. The truck wasn’t as bad as the Taurus but there were minor things. The truck had starting issues, and the quality of products used was not up to par in my opinion.

Mechanically it seemed to hold its own, I didn’t like how the computer limited its capabilities to be the truck it could actually be. As for the Taurus, it is a good mechanical sound driving vehicle as I expect from a Ford. However the body panels don’t line up, misaligned doors to 1/4 panels, the hood and trunk don’t fit correctly. I got a really good deal on it and didn’t take it to heart too much. But now after year 3.5 I am starting to notice rust sitting in the gutter of the trunk lid, that is unacceptable. There are a lot of people who drive Fords today or in the past because of my tenacity about them. However now not so much so. I recently bought my wife a Chrysler 300 Sedan, it is a nice well built car, I become more and more impressed with it over my beloved Fords.

I have owned probably over 50 vehicles in my life time, mostly Ford’s and a few GMs. Dodge hasn’t been a player since the early 70’s. Now they are back on the map! I am impressed and GM has made their way back as well. Ford needs to tighten up again. I was looking forward to possibly buying The new Bronco, however, I am really looking at the Rams and Dodges right now... If we continue to have good fortune with the Chrysler it will motivate me to move away from the Ford line.

Trust me I live and breathe Ford’s, my RV is The F53 RV Chassis with the V10, I love it! My late 90 and early 2000 Ford’s were much better, quality, craftsmanship and sheer engineering ingenuity. Just thought I would share. I have had at least one (1) Ford all my 45 years of driving. Not bad, but times have changed and so has Ford unfortunately. Breaks my heart. I hope they turn it around before it is too late, especially after dropping their automobiles. I plan on making a purchase in the next year, hoping to be my final purchase in my life time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

As if this 2020 hasn’t been awful enough, Lincoln/Ford has now been doing their part to bury what little is left of the year. I’ve been trying for nearly 4 months to get into another Lincoln, which would be my 4th consecutive Lincoln/Ford, but I’ve had nothing nightmare-after-nightmare unfold. I’ve actively reached out to the dealer and the individual that I have purchased my current lease through and either haven’t gotten responses or have been getting sky-high pricing. I’ve reached out to at least 20 dealers across the states of NY/NJ/PA and I’ve been met with ridiculous/oppressive pricing and dealers not willing to even discuss pricing. I have the GM of Causeway Lincoln, Dave ** telling me he won’t even talk to me (and this is the first time I’ve reached out to them, so not like there is a bad history). Imagine this lunacy when trying to give people business?

Now Lincoln is telling me that if I don’t get another vehicle, which I’ve been trying to do for months, that I will be penalized many hundreds of dollars. This is how they treat the loyalty that I’ve given, the money that I’ve spent, and the referrals that I’ve brought them. They’ve told me to buy more or get penalized. This has not only soured my time with the dealers, but with the brand as a whole. Clearly they have gone into the business of confiscation, not customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

To be brief: More than a dozen phone calls. More than half a dozen emails. Two different Map Update Drives. Poor Customer Service - No knowledge of system, careless attitude, multiple call you backs (without a call back). No follow up. Completely messed up Navigation System in vehicle. System will not update, continues to flash screen throughout the day while driving about incomplete update, voice command Nav totally disabled, maps reverted to earlier version with missing data. Suggestion: Don't buy a FORD. They don't understand the tech they put in their vehicles and will give you the run around hoping you will go away instead of fixing the problem.

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2020

Problem solved.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Hi, I have purchased new Ford Freestyle petrol in Sep 2020. I am having extreme bad experience with ford dealership and overall quality of vehicle. Nowadays ford is spending more on advertisement and fooling to customers. As compared to price of any ford vehicle you will find better options in market from other car manufacturer (Kia, MG, Hyundai). There 100% frauds are happening at ford car service center. Staff is truly careless. If you complain to Ford India about poor service, nothing happens. Ford India turn their finger towards dealership. All dealers are forcing to customers to give them highest rating. Day by day build quality also compromised by Ford. I want to return my vehicle to Ford and want refund of my whole money.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I bought a 2016 Limited Ford Explorer in November 2016, I was actually spoiling myself with a vehicle that wasn't 5+ years old. When purchasing from the dealership I had nothing but problems with the driving, had to take back multiple times as the alignment was very off. Turns out I was being sold the vehicles with tires that wouldn't pass inspection. So I just decided never to go to or use that dealership again. Now fast forward not even 4 years later. I was driving down the highway when suddenly I lose all power steering. I managed to get my vehicle back to my local Ford Dealer. I now need the entire steering rack replaced. That costs $2100 plus tax. This is ridiculous for a vehicle that is less than 5 years old. Called customer service and they say they will mark it as a case but until they have many of the same complaints or problems and Ford releases a statement there is nothing they can do about it.

I am just so appalled at lack of concern Ford has shown that this young vehicle has this serious of a problem. This is defective and should not be blowing like this. We've always been a Chevy family & took a chance on this vehicle, what a wrong decision I have made. I have never had to drop that kind of money on any vehicle, I drove my Chevy Trailblazer well past 200,000 miles before I had anything more than your wear & tear issues.

I remember over a course of a summer I had to drop about $3000 overall for those wear & tear issues. Now I have no vehicle of my own to drive until this is repaired and I have to wait a few days for parts to be shipped. So what am I driving while I wait for mine to be fixed? Well I am driving my Dad's old pickup, a 2005 Chevy Silverado. I had loved this vehicle up until now, and I am going to now look at getting rid of it because what other major problem is going to happen next. Plus I was lucky this time that no one got hurt, that I didn't get into or cause an accident when I suddenly lost steering control on a highway of 65 mph.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Purchased a Ford Transit 2020 from this place. I submitted my review for Ford.com but they did not publish it because it was a one star. Two main reasons for one star: They sold me a car without passenger seat. I thought I can install a seat. When I went to pick up the car, they told me it doesn’t have any passenger airbags. Factory removed them! If they have told me I would never buy this car. It is not safe to operate. It took them one 8 days to finish the paper work for my car, and they only did it because I keep following up with them.

I purchase that car remotely, by phone. We agreed on a price that was 300$ less than MSRP. They called me after a while saying that somebody else is willing to buy the car for the whole MSRP price and I need to pay the full price if I want it. Who changes his word for 300$, one a 50+K$ car? They removed a 1$ Funnel in the car to fill it from a canister. In my way home, I ran out of gas. I went to a gas station and filled a canister and came back then I couldn’t find the funnel to fill the tank and had to wait a long time for road side assistant. The passenger door on my brand new 2020 car rattled sometime and you have to open and close it several times to fix this. Need to the new car to the dealership. The MPG is way lower than what advertised.

Original review: June 10, 2020

2017 Escape SE, purchased brand new. We are not hard on our cars! Maintain them as required, had a 2010 Escape hybrid that we had for 11 years and loved it. That's what prompted us to buy another. Any way 30,000 miles engine light comes on then goes out. Starts to idle rough. The next day when I started the car the engine light comes back on and stays on. Call Ford dealer, they said drive it in. I do, they tell me new engine is required. Lucky still under warranty. They said it's okay to drive while they get the new engine, since we are in Hawaii everything takes a long time to get things anyway. So they tell me at least a month, but I am figuring on at least 2 months. Time will tell if the engine blows before I get the new one. FRUSTRATING!

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information