Ford Cars and Trucks
3.48/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have owned several Ford vehicles over the years. They have been mostly dependable. My worst experience so far has been the Ford 5.4L 3v in my latest pickup. I have had to do both cam phasers and the dreaded breaking spark plugs. It has otherwise been reliable and I have had no issues since the phasers were done 20,000 mi ago. Previous vehicles had only minor issues such as starters, alternators, O2 sensors, steering components, and other things you would expect to replace on an aging vehicle. I plan to buy another in the future.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I love my 2017 F350 Super Duty Platinum diesel dually. But there’s a minor flaw in the design of the side view mirrors on current Ford Super Duty trucks. The upper back half of the mirrors are available with a painted or chrome cap & the chrome option is the problem. The cap wraps around the inside upper edge of the mirror casing & the chrome acts like a mirror which reflects anything from whatever angle it’s set at. In my case, the driver’s side chrome cap reflects the white & yellow stripes from the center of the road.

The passenger side reflects anything off to the right side of the road like construction barrels, signage on fences, light poles, etc.. These reflections are a distraction to the driver. When these items or paint lines flash in my peripheral vision, they can be a distraction. Or when I take a quick look in my side mirrors to check traffic around me, the flash reflections of other objects off the chrome caps makes it difficult to concentrate on the actual traffic I’m trying to quickly assess.

Ford should paint the inside edge of the chrome caps with a flat black paint. I did this with my 2017 F350 Platinum dually & it solved the problem. Now the only movement I see is in the actual mirror itself. I painted only the inside edge of the chrome cap, which is not even noticeable to anyone looking at the truck from outside.This would be a very simple fix for Ford to do with the chrome mirror caps.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The Transit Connect wagon is a surprisingly well appointed mini van costing much less than the competitors. This vehicle has been a big hit in Europe for several years and is now breaking into the US market. It has great visibility, a very responsive engine, and plenty of room for 6 passengers. It drives and handles well. I especially like that the back seats fold down flat. We can safely haul our 4 dogs in 4 midsize hard shell dog crates (two side by side in the back, and two facing either sliding side doors) and still have room for gear and luggage. I’m very fond of the wireless cellphone cubby in the dash, no changing cables! It has separate climate controls and comfortable heated seats for the driver and front passenger.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been a Ford truck for for many years. 7.3s 460s, etc. I have been told to stay away from 6.0 Fords. Since my background includes being a Master Auto and Truck Technician. I have been working mainly on customer's vehicles. My personal experience started when I was in the market for a parts truck with a 6.0. I bought a theft recovery low miles 2006 F350 Lariat that was ransacked, stripped and ditched off road. I bought it for $2500. After feeling sorry for that poor thing, I've decided to rebuild it with parts that was just sitting in my possession.

After extensive repairing of chopped wiring harnesses, replacing of missing parts and having it recertified and then upgrading with EGR delete, programmer, cooling system low temp modifications, upgraded turbo and servicing with premium fluids. Adding 1 quart of ATF at every fillup. Fast forward 30k miles and 3 yrs of use. This is the best Ford I owned. It even runs better than my 05 Ram 3500 Cummins (48re transmission is nowhere close to the Ford's 5r110).

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I manage and run F-450 & F-550 trucks in extremely harsh environments. I can tell you for absolute certainty that if you maintain these trucks according and utilize the V10 gas engines you will get a very long life put of this piece of equipment. The number of fools that feel they need a diesel truck is shocking. I have extensive fleet Management experience and can assure you that for most of you buying a diesel is not a good idea. The modern emissions standards put on diesel engines ensures poor reliably and efficiency in comparison to the gas engines. For you sensible folks that want a durable and reliable machine, the V10 engine is all that you can ask for, just remember these are work trucks not mini vans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Every aspect of my 1st six months with Ford has been terrible.... The dealership was nothing but a typical bait and switch used car dealership even though I buy a new $54k truck.... I did all the negotiations via the phone only for the dealership (halfway through paper signing) state they quoted me the wrong truck. I could go on with another 1000 words. Let's move to Ford credit. 4 phone calls to set up auto pay and to find out that you can not AUTOMATICALLY pay each month over the monthly amount. You can manually make additional payments but can’t be set up automatically.

Let's chat about service: My Touch went out in less than 4 months.... brought it in... Service says needs to order parts. 3 weeks later no follow-up except the email from the service department ask about the lengthy list of service they performed. Guess what? They didn’t do any of these services. And never followed up on the 1 thing I did ask them to do. I wonder if they billed Ford Motor Company for these bogus services. UGH come on Ford. It's 2019. Get rid of the bs sales tactics, update your finance software, and get a real service dept.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

We own a 2016 Ford eco boost F150 truck. At 20000 miles it had a catastrophic engine failure. The spark plug went into the piston which went into the head and destroyed it. We had it repaired at a Ford garage and after 3 weeks picked it up and on the way home from Alabama to Pennsylvania it failed on the interstate with major engine failure. At the time we were towing a trailer and used road side assist.

We paid out of our pocket because they said we had to and have yet to be reimbursed even though they say we are approved and should never have had to pay ourselves. The truck had been repaired with zip ties and they did not hold and the fuel rail let fuel go over where and 6 heads needed replaced. We were told it was lucky we didn’t have a fire. We are asking for a buy back but we can’t get a response and none of our expenses have been paid. We were traveling and had hotel bills and rental vehicles as the parts for the first repair were not available. Disappointed in Ford.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

It's been over 3 months since I have reported issues with Sync and Navigation to the Ford Dealer and over a month since I wrote to the President NA, of Ford. They did respond and send a FSE to a service dealership to resolve the issue. He upgraded the software and said this will fix everything, I don't think he even checked if the problem is resolved. I have had my Edge back from them for 9 days and the problem is the same, they wanted videos of the issues which I sent them and have followed up. It seems they have only FSE for SYNC in NA and they are waiting for him to return to MI. It's obvious that customers are not important to Ford, I suppose Ford is what Mercury used to be!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

My paint is coming off on the passenger side next to the window. It's a 2017 Ford Escape. I've only had it for 3 years. You would think the paint job would last longer than that. I'm a very unhappy customer.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought a 2011 used Ford for my nephew. I have owned many Fords new and used. This car has power steering issues that has a recall, but Ford doesn't back it, so I have to pay 1400 dollars to replaced a steering gear. This car is dangerous. It goes out while driving making steering almost impossible. I will have it repaired and I will try to sell it. I will never buy another Ford product for myself or my family.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information