2. Automotive

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love that for a small hatchback it sits higher and has more headroom than all its peers. It has excellent acceleration as well as a very responsive ABS braking system, compared to its competitors in this class. The Ford Sync system and USB plug-ins were state-of-the-art when I bought it in 2013, and still work great. It has good shocks and very comfortable seats with lumbar support. The split, lay-flat rear seat gives a huge cargo space for a small car. Of all the hybrids in this class, this one sounded like the best on paper and turned out to meet or exceed my expectations...and still gets nearly 40 mpg on the highway. The one thing that wasn't well made was the handle release for lowering the rear seats. One side broke away from the cables under the seat so it doesn't work to lower the seat and is very expensive to fix- requires a total seat replacement, over $1000. So not worth it to me now.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love my Ford Flex! My favorite feature is probably the built in jukebox where I can load songs from my CD's into the car and create my own permanent playlist. I also really appreciate the space in the car. We typically have two or three kids (including 2 booster seats) in the 2nd row and keep the 3rd row down for storage. The only negative about this car appears to be that it hates aftermarket parts. My husband maintains the vehicles and he's had horrible luck with parts from our local parts stores. As long as he uses factory parts (which cost a little more), the car doesn't reject the repairs. I will also say, that my car is a 2011 and it takes a while for the heated seats to warm up. Once they're warm, it's all good. Gas mileage is just ok, but it's not horrible for such a big "wagon" in my opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The Ford Edge; 2012 1st in its class to have been designed with the EcoBoost 4cylinder engine. That takes the 4 cylinder engine and by design and engineering turns the put-put into a vroom-vroom. Multiple areas for additional options if you are into all that swagger. Ambient light color selections (doors, feet, cupholders), Microsoft Sync option (navigation, hands free talking, Sirius Radio option). They failed to mention the Navigation only works if you have the vehicle's SD card. Without having the patches download due to a "Ford Notice" you cannot utilize any portion of the Sync system except phone and music. What a waste of storage space.

3 rows of seating give plenty of room for shopping, camping, lay down seats and lots of compartmental storage areas. An elongated moon roof which is simply awesome for those road trips to the coast or through the mountains. Towing capacity with the built in selector of overdrive. Pretty decent vehicle for blue collar workers. Downfall: gas mileage is not good as the hype portrayed. My Ford App requires you to use a Ford Dealer to access any of those benefits, and the old mighty don't lock your keys in the car unless undoubtedly you have your entry keypad set up. The code is located in the owner's manual, but if you didn't buy it from Ford you are SOL...unless you do a little research of course. But Thumbs up Ford, hoping to see more innovation in the next few years.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I love my 2017 F350 Super Duty Platinum diesel dually. But there’s a minor flaw in the design of the side view mirrors on current Ford Super Duty trucks. The upper back half of the mirrors are available with a painted or chrome cap & the chrome option is the problem. The cap wraps around the inside upper edge of the mirror casing & the chrome acts like a mirror which reflects anything from whatever angle it’s set at. In my case, the driver’s side chrome cap reflects the white & yellow stripes from the center of the road.

The passenger side reflects anything off to the right side of the road like construction barrels, signage on fences, light poles, etc.. These reflections are a distraction to the driver. When these items or paint lines flash in my peripheral vision, they can be a distraction. Or when I take a quick look in my side mirrors to check traffic around me, the flash reflections of other objects off the chrome caps makes it difficult to concentrate on the actual traffic I’m trying to quickly assess.

Ford should paint the inside edge of the chrome caps with a flat black paint. I did this with my 2017 F350 Platinum dually & it solved the problem. Now the only movement I see is in the actual mirror itself. I painted only the inside edge of the chrome cap, which is not even noticeable to anyone looking at the truck from outside.This would be a very simple fix for Ford to do with the chrome mirror caps.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been a Ford truck for for many years. 7.3s 460s, etc. I have been told to stay away from 6.0 Fords. Since my background includes being a Master Auto and Truck Technician. I have been working mainly on customer's vehicles. My personal experience started when I was in the market for a parts truck with a 6.0. I bought a theft recovery low miles 2006 F350 Lariat that was ransacked, stripped and ditched off road. I bought it for $2500. After feeling sorry for that poor thing, I've decided to rebuild it with parts that was just sitting in my possession.

After extensive repairing of chopped wiring harnesses, replacing of missing parts and having it recertified and then upgrading with EGR delete, programmer, cooling system low temp modifications, upgraded turbo and servicing with premium fluids. Adding 1 quart of ATF at every fillup. Fast forward 30k miles and 3 yrs of use. This is the best Ford I owned. It even runs better than my 05 Ram 3500 Cummins (48re transmission is nowhere close to the Ford's 5r110).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

As my Ford lease was coming to a close, I went in to visit Sales Rep Stephen **. I expressed my needs, concerns and what I was looking for in my new Ford vehicle. I also stated the price range. Mr. ** listened to my needs! He presented me with a vehicle that not only met my needs and concerns but exceeded my expectations!!! Most Importantly, he helped me Stay Within My Budget!!! I am So Very Grateful!!! If you need a reliable, dependable car and need to stay within a budget I Recommend that you visit the Maplecrest Ford Lincoln Dealer of Union. Ask for Mr. Stephen **!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

They deserve less than a one star. 1 month after the warranty was up the engine in my son’s F-150 is toast and all we got was that’s not our problem. Ford Canada told my husband to pay the $8000 for repairs and when they recall he could apply to get his money back. Why would she say that unless she is getting calls for the same problem. The F-150 is supposed to be an engine that lasts to 300,000 Klms or more easily if taken care of. This is why we chose that truck. The truck was always serviced before needed and never towed heavy loads.

Ford used to have a good will program to take care of customers if something very unexpected like this went wrong but they no longer have this. Guess with all the problems that they have been having with their vehicles they don’t care anymore. There is no way that a serviced V8 engine should be toast with barely over 100,000 klm. 2 of my friends just got rid of their 3 year old Escapes because they were spending too much time having repairs done. I have never made a review like this and feel so sad doing this because I have owned a Ford since 1987 when I got my first car. They are not the same and I can’t stress enough do not buy a Ford. Never ever ever????

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

This is about Lugoff Ford and what has happened with Ford Corporate. Low levels of integrity especially when faced with legal grey areas. Spot deliveries should be removed as they do nothing but help the dealer and put the potential owners in a precarious position if the unapproved financing falls through. A disabled veteran, who has never purchased a new truck finally decides to make the leap, a dealership who on the surface seems amazing to deal with. One spot delivery and failed financing deal two days later, and the honeymoon is short lived.

Out of town and unable to review new documentation I requested the dealer to pick up its truck as financing had failed, it was their truck, and I couldn't give a yes or no until the paperwork was reviewed. Unfortunately for both parties, a drunk driver drove through my yard before my return, and broke the frame of this brand new truck. Putting on a wonderful front, attempting to help (at least on the surface), it seemed all was well. The insurance questioned who owned the truck, because documentation was never signed, and the fun began.

On the verge of harassment the dealership went so far as to say they would drive to wherever I was located to get me to sign the documentation, because, in their eyes, why wouldn't I sign the documents I never had a chance to go over. They went so far as to say that the approving credit union knew the truck was wrecked, and that it was deemed OK. A quick phone call to a branch manager proved that the dealership was lying and never disclosed the accident, as a result, the credit union started that neither I or they had financial responsibility to the new truck. The dealer then took the stance that regardless, I owned the truck, and it was my responsibility, and I was on my own. Calls left unanswered, phone calls never returned, and a GM who wouldn't make contact, in stepped lawyers on both sides.

A month later and the issue is unresolved, the dealer refuses to be amicable, and now they have gone so far as to push my personally identifiable information to ANOTHER creditor, obtain an approval without my permission or signature, and expect me to make a payment on a truck I have yet to sign for by the 7th of January.

As a disabled veteran, this is heartbreaking to be apart of, it has put me back in therapy. We have approached the VA and Prisma Health (my wife's place of employment) about publishing our story in their newsletter, as it obvious the only thing this dealer understands or respects is the bottom line. I will also be contacting, if approved, all local news outlets that are willing to listen, as this needs to be out in the open. I wonder how many lost customers this issue will cause? And for what? A truck? With so many Ford dealerships to choose from, Lugoff Ford (and by virtue the whole family of dealerships IE Lugoff Toyota, Carolina Dodge, etc.) needs to understand the repercussions of taking advantage of its disabled veterans and hospital workers.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

My complaint is with Ford Motor Company. My vehicle was covered under the power train warranty and I noticed sluggish shifting and jarring in low gears. Because it was within 60k miles, I took it to their service center. They said they created ROI but couldn't do anything until a service light came on. It felt unsafe to drive but I did continue driving, the service light came on when it downshifted too far and red lined. I took video and picture of this within the vehicle, but the light shut off before I could get back to them. They claimed they couldn't recover the code, but they did have my picture proving light had been on. They also drove vehicle and confirmed the mechanical issue I experienced.

This is all documented, but both the dealership and Ford is unwilling to service vehicle to satisfaction and now vehicle falls outside warranty mileage. I have all invoice documentation and pictures proving this, and Ford also said they can't fix vehicles without service light. This all took place over the course of 6 weeks or so, not years or even months. They are avoiding their warranty obligation.

Shortly after, the service light came on and Ford confirmed what I already new, Transmission issues. Even though I reported the issue within warranty with ROI invoice created, Ford refuses to pay full cost of repair because light didn't stay on until just outside of warranty miles. This is definitely deceptive and probably illegal to not cover the repair, which is why Ford is offering to cover "less than half." However, I would never recommend purchasing from Ford again as they don't back their warranties. It's unfortunate as I've been a Ford owner of new vehicles for years, but I can't recommend anymore. Quality control and lack of Warranty consistency has hurt this once great American Brand.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a Lincoln Aviator Black Label in April. In August I was given the VIN number and was told that this car would arrive in two weeks. As of this date (12/17/2019), the car has NEVER shown up. Because of this, I was forced to buy another car that was not the same as I ordered or wait until???? Now I find out that ALL the things that I thought were part of the Black label package are ONLY available at certain select dealers. And none of these are near my house. I cannot even get a free car wash. Also, yesterday my wife had a flat tire and when she called Lincoln she was told that there was nobody close enough to help her. So naturally she called me to fix the problem but only after damaging the tire trying to get off the road.

My question is how does anyone lose a car like the one I ordered after it is built?? And when you pay $7,500 extra for Black Label you should get something other than someone telling you that they cannot help you. Lincoln has a long way to go, to get their standards up to the foreign dealers. I called Lincoln today, and was advised that they will file my complaint. I am sure I know where!!!!

The car is sitting in the garage after I removed the tire myself and ordered a new one. It will be a week to get this new tire, without the use of any car. All this just days before Christmas. Someone should tell me why a 74 year old who just had abdominal surgery 4 weeks ago had to remove the tire and why I paid some much extra for a Black Label that means nothing??? I am writing this after talking to Lincoln and realizing that once they have you money, they could care less.

Robert **

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information