Find a Car Brands partner

Ford Cars and Trucks

3.9/5 (2068 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

How can I file a complaint towards your shipping company, they have failed to provide me with updated delivery, my vehicle has been in Jacksonville terminal for several days while the final destination in Orlando is only an hour away!!!! I purchased the Mach E I put nearly 50% deposit and yet an exact delivery has not been provided to me. I AM THE ONE PAYING FOR DELIVERY! I deserve to know when, and where my car is. Norfolk Southern has been a nightmare to get a hold of. My dealership is working with the info from Ford's tracking which has been useless and inaccurate. You risk more people canceling their orders if you continue to practice this way. Give your customers better information, keep them happy or they will turn away.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I am EXTREMELY disappointed I am with Ford! This is my second bout with Ford... This time, I am just in awe of the treatment I am receiving. I will try to make this long story as short as possible. On 9/25, I was traveling from Stockbridge, GA back home to Winston Salem, NC. Once I got to Boiling Springs, SC, on my display- a message came up "Low Oil pressure"...my car started slowing down and making a weird noise- so I got off at the next exit and called Ford Roadside Assistance. The lady I spoke to first quoted me $361 to have my car towed from Boiling Springs, SC to Charlotte, NC; I told her I'd call right back because I'd have to make sure I would have transportation from Charlotte to Winston Salem. She said ok, she would document and someone would help me when I called.

I call back- go through the entire story again about driving from GA, message, etc....I get quoted $569!!!! I tell THIS lady, that is NOT what I was literally just quoted 10 minutes ago on the phone. She puts me on hold, comes back asks me what location, blah, blah, blah- I tell her- she puts me on hold, comes back and says she cannot get this lady to understand what she is saying, I'm like, "That is not my problem- I am telling you what she told me and it's not fair to me that she quoted me one price and you want to charge me an additional $200 more." She talks to her supervisor---she will NOT waive the $200! (Oh, I haven't gotten to the best part).

I wait 4 hours for a tow to come get me!!!! After the tow comes, the dealership gates are closed. I have to leave my car on the outside of the dealership with a note in the car. I go through the fence to put my keys in the lock box. I call the next morning. Now present: what's wrong with my 2019 Ford Ecosport--the engine and turbo. It only has 76K miles on it...I asked last week for a loaner because I work FT. They said they did not have any loaners.

I called again 10/4 and I was told they did not. - My question was: "Can you not contact the other dealerships in Charlotte," but I guess that would be too easy. I ask for Corporate's number and I'm told they can rent me a car from Enterprise BUT under the service plan they will only pay $35/day, I will have to pay $10/day AND I have to come to Charlotte to get the car--how the heck can I come get the car if you have my only mode of transportation? The customer care person I spoke with on 10/4 said she was escalating my issue and someone would contact me within in hour....this was at 12:43pm...I haven't heard a peep from anyone.

I have posted on my FB, Yelp, and Ford's website. Someone from Ford's Social Media contacted me via FB inquiring my case # and most preferred contact. I provided it and then he (Rick) said he saw where my case had been escalated and someone would be in touch. I still have not heard from anyone about the status of my car (which has been a week and 1/2 now) or anything about a rental! I don't know if this is sexual discrimination (because I am a female). They feel they can take advantage and run over me, but I am extremely upset and feel I am being treated unfairly. I also have found evidence on the internet that the issues with my car maybe a recall issue and I should not have to pay the deductible, but am sure because of the way this is going, they will attempt to strong arm me. I need assistance- PLEASE!!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus as a new vehicle eight years ago. I soon regretted the decision after discovering other Focus owners had significant transmission issues and that the transmission was designed so the fluid could never be changed which suggested planned obsolescence to me. The transmission often shifted strangely despite periodic computer adjustments and tended to ride somewhat roughly in slow city driving.

While I had concerns about its useful lifespan, my Focus did a low average job of getting me from point A to point B until recently. As someone who believes in getting value from their purchases, I had hoped to drive the car for 10 to 15 years from the time of purchase. This should not be an unreasonable expectation for someone who makes certain that their cars have good maintenance and put only limited mileage on a vehicle as I no longer have a daily commute. In April of this year, the car developed an excessive shudder. The vehicle was in the shop for several days and the clutch had to be replaced.

One week ago, the vehicle would not start and seemed to be just a bad battery but the diagnostics showed a transmission control module problem. The part is on back order so as a previous post suggests it could be in the shop indefinitely. The mileage is still in the low 60s and the vehicle has been well maintained. The problem is the lack of quality in a failed transmission system rendering a vehicle useless before even reaching the 10 year milestone. I most definitely will never purchase another Ford product again.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Current owner of 2 Ford vehicles. I have a 2019 Ford F150 and a 2016 Ford Edge. Both vehicles have ran awesome for the last several years we have had them. We have loved them since the day we got them. Well, 1 Day after Powertrain warranty expires on the Edge, the check engine light comes on. Odd, but we figure we better get it checked out ASAP. Take it into the shop the following day as that is when they could get us in. Codes P0303 and P0316 pop up for a cylinder 3 misfire. Turns out vehicle needs a TSB 19-2346 performed. For those of you that don't know, that is a whole Long block replacement (Needs a new motor because cylinder 3 burning up coolant).

I am frustrated to say the least that ford will not take ownership of the issue, even though they have came out with a full service bulletin for this issue. Keep in mind the vehicle has a perfect service record and only 45,000 miles on it which is well below average. So now I am sitting here with a broke down car that Ford wants me to pay $6,200 to put a new motor in. This issue has got me thinking about switching completely to another brand because their customer service on this event has been horrible and no understanding from them. Just them telling me I am out of luck.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I have owned so many vehicles and finally purchased a Ford focus this past year. By far the worst experience of my life. I brought a 2013 Ford focus that had a recall on the transmission control modular. After taking it to a Ford dealer they told me the part was on backorder and they had no estimate of when it would be fixed. Fast forward 8 weeks later, still not fixed, they refuse to give me a rental saying there is none available, I've called and spoke to supervisors of Ford company and get nowhere. They have the worst customer service. We are currently looking to buy another car while we wait for that piece of junk Ford to be fixed which could take anywhere from a day to years at this point and the second we get it back, we are listing it for sale!!! I will NEVER buy a Ford again!!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I own a 2018 Fusion and a 2018 Ford focus. Both have almost 80,000 miles on it. The transmissions went out in both vehicles 2 weeks from each other. No recalls and unfortunately Ford's joke of a warranty is out too. How can you charge people this much money and have issues like this? 60,000 mile warranty is a joke in itself. I will never buy an American-made automobile again. Find a manufacturer that will give you 100,000 miles out the gate. That tells you they believe and stand behind their product. Without having to spend thousands on an extended warranty. I've owned 6 Fords in my lifetime, the last 3 were junk. Never will you see a Ford in my driveway again.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Bought a used 2015 Ford F150 in 2020. Purchased a "full coverage"/premium warranty on the vehicle. About a year later the driver's side catalytic converter went bad at a replacement cost of $1,200. The catalytic converter isn't covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. They aren't covered after 80k miles no matter when you bought the warranty. Such **. Zero customer loyalty.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Ford sold me new Ford Transit 2020 van and after only 6k miles and only few month of gentle use van's transmission broke. The van was making noise, no sensors went out so I kept driving and waiting for appointment to the shop for about 2 weeks. When at the shop I was told that all the fluid leaked out from transmission. I was driving this vehicle without transmission coolant for a period of few weeks so in my opinion the transmission is done and only a matter of time when it completely goes. People at the shop replaced the faulty part and send me on my way.

When I called Ford customer care department to complain and ask to at least give me extended warranty so I feel more confident in the vehicle, and to know if transmission breaks again at least it would be covered under warranty. Ford customer care representative (Kaytlyn **) offered me a free oil change, can you believe this? A free oil change? Which made me even more upset about the whole situation and ford customer service.

P.S They sold me a vehicle which was manufactured in January and I bought it in November, the van was passed from dealership to dealership with some miles on it until it found me and was sold to me as a new vehicle, salesperson failed to disclose this information until after the purchase. My advice is think twice before you buy a Ford product!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I just purchased a Thor RV with a Ford chassis. When I took it to a Ford dealer for repairs, I was told Ford built the 2021 F450 chassis to sell, but didn’t manufacture any parts. Therefore, it could be 6 months or very possibly longer before repairs can be done. The RV is not drivable and I live in it. Fords answer is to leave it on their lot until parts are made, no concern for the fact that I’m homeless in the meantime. It’s been four weeks now and I can’t find one person at Ford that cares! I would never recommend buying A new Ford.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My purchase was in April 2019, a used Ford Edge Ecoboost. 3 weeks after purchase I found myself stranded on my way home from work in rural Iowa. There were no prior warnings, notifications, etc; just a complete vehicle shutdown. Luckily I did not impact with anyone or vice versa. If I would have been on the highway only God knows what may have happened. Wound up having to have vehicle towed and engine replacement.... Bad start on a new to me purchase. Once again the vehicle is sitting dead in the water. This time came out of grocery store to a stalled vehicle. No indicators, it just won't start. The key fob is a possible cause, however over $300.00 for new key, it could be the battery, or the starter, or the alternator, or a fuse or 1 of the 10,000 electrical components under the hood....

Hmmm I also find it ridiculous that Ford does not provide service repair manuals FREE to vehicle owners. Come on guys. With the amount of recalls on your branded vehicles it's the least you could do. Anyhow I'd like to know why there has not been a recall on the 2012 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost turbochargers; there are so many of the stall while driving complaints it should be mandatory and would be humane. Ford should fix these issues especially during this time of chaos, change and unexpected futures, the last thing I needed was to have a vehicle that is non functional during the winter in the middle of a PANDEMIC. Hats off to Ford manufacturers and prayers out to those who, like me, still own one of their vehicles.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information