2. Automotive

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.46/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

As my Ford lease was coming to a close, I went in to visit Sales Rep Stephen **. I expressed my needs, concerns and what I was looking for in my new Ford vehicle. I also stated the price range. Mr. ** listened to my needs! He presented me with a vehicle that not only met my needs and concerns but exceeded my expectations!!! Most Importantly, he helped me Stay Within My Budget!!! I am So Very Grateful!!! If you need a reliable, dependable car and need to stay within a budget I Recommend that you visit the Maplecrest Ford Lincoln Dealer of Union. Ask for Mr. Stephen **!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love that for a small hatchback it sits higher and has more headroom than all its peers. It has excellent acceleration as well as a very responsive ABS braking system, compared to its competitors in this class. The Ford Sync system and USB plug-ins were state-of-the-art when I bought it in 2013, and still work great. It has good shocks and very comfortable seats with lumbar support. The split, lay-flat rear seat gives a huge cargo space for a small car. Of all the hybrids in this class, this one sounded like the best on paper and turned out to meet or exceed my expectations...and still gets nearly 40 mpg on the highway. The one thing that wasn't well made was the handle release for lowering the rear seats. One side broke away from the cables under the seat so it doesn't work to lower the seat and is very expensive to fix- requires a total seat replacement, over $1000. So not worth it to me now.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love my Ford Flex! My favorite feature is probably the built in jukebox where I can load songs from my CD's into the car and create my own permanent playlist. I also really appreciate the space in the car. We typically have two or three kids (including 2 booster seats) in the 2nd row and keep the 3rd row down for storage. The only negative about this car appears to be that it hates aftermarket parts. My husband maintains the vehicles and he's had horrible luck with parts from our local parts stores. As long as he uses factory parts (which cost a little more), the car doesn't reject the repairs. I will also say, that my car is a 2011 and it takes a while for the heated seats to warm up. Once they're warm, it's all good. Gas mileage is just ok, but it's not horrible for such a big "wagon" in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The Ford Edge; 2012 1st in its class to have been designed with the EcoBoost 4cylinder engine. That takes the 4 cylinder engine and by design and engineering turns the put-put into a vroom-vroom. Multiple areas for additional options if you are into all that swagger. Ambient light color selections (doors, feet, cupholders), Microsoft Sync option (navigation, hands free talking, Sirius Radio option). They failed to mention the Navigation only works if you have the vehicle's SD card. Without having the patches download due to a "Ford Notice" you cannot utilize any portion of the Sync system except phone and music. What a waste of storage space.

3 rows of seating give plenty of room for shopping, camping, lay down seats and lots of compartmental storage areas. An elongated moon roof which is simply awesome for those road trips to the coast or through the mountains. Towing capacity with the built in selector of overdrive. Pretty decent vehicle for blue collar workers. Downfall: gas mileage is not good as the hype portrayed. My Ford App requires you to use a Ford Dealer to access any of those benefits, and the old mighty don't lock your keys in the car unless undoubtedly you have your entry keypad set up. The code is located in the owner's manual, but if you didn't buy it from Ford you are SOL...unless you do a little research of course. But Thumbs up Ford, hoping to see more innovation in the next few years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

A compact four-door, hatchback, 5-speed manual transmission. Fun, affordable little car! Surprisingly with a lot of room for its size and quite zippy. The instrument panel is well designed. My only complaint was the facing around the shifter reflected the sun in the most intense way. I wish they would have used the same material that was used on the dash. Great gas mileage. I chose to use full synthetic oil from day one. I've had one issue with this vehicle, the radio would not turn off causing the battery to drain. Ford replaced, no problem. I upgraded my tires. The second set made a big difference in the road noise inside the vehicle. I will definitely buy another Ford in the future.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I bought a 2016 Limited Ford Explorer in November 2016, I was actually spoiling myself with a vehicle that wasn't 5+ years old. When purchasing from the dealership I had nothing but problems with the driving, had to take back multiple times as the alignment was very off. Turns out I was being sold the vehicles with tires that wouldn't pass inspection. So I just decided never to go to or use that dealership again. Now fast forward not even 4 years later. I was driving down the highway when suddenly I lose all power steering. I managed to get my vehicle back to my local Ford Dealer. I now need the entire steering rack replaced. That costs $2100 plus tax. This is ridiculous for a vehicle that is less than 5 years old. Called customer service and they say they will mark it as a case but until they have many of the same complaints or problems and Ford releases a statement there is nothing they can do about it.

I am just so appalled at lack of concern Ford has shown that this young vehicle has this serious of a problem. This is defective and should not be blowing like this. We've always been a Chevy family & took a chance on this vehicle, what a wrong decision I have made. I have never had to drop that kind of money on any vehicle, I drove my Chevy Trailblazer well past 200,000 miles before I had anything more than your wear & tear issues.

I remember over a course of a summer I had to drop about $3000 overall for those wear & tear issues. Now I have no vehicle of my own to drive until this is repaired and I have to wait a few days for parts to be shipped. So what am I driving while I wait for mine to be fixed? Well I am driving my Dad's old pickup, a 2005 Chevy Silverado. I had loved this vehicle up until now, and I am going to now look at getting rid of it because what other major problem is going to happen next. Plus I was lucky this time that no one got hurt, that I didn't get into or cause an accident when I suddenly lost steering control on a highway of 65 mph.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Purchased a Ford Transit 2020 from this place. I submitted my review for Ford.com but they did not publish it because it was a one star. Two main reasons for one star: They sold me a car without passenger seat. I thought I can install a seat. When I went to pick up the car, they told me it doesn’t have any passenger airbags. Factory removed them! If they have told me I would never buy this car. It is not safe to operate. It took them one 8 days to finish the paper work for my car, and they only did it because I keep following up with them.

I purchase that car remotely, by phone. We agreed on a price that was 300$ less than MSRP. They called me after a while saying that somebody else is willing to buy the car for the whole MSRP price and I need to pay the full price if I want it. Who changes his word for 300$, one a 50+K$ car? They removed a 1$ Funnel in the car to fill it from a canister. In my way home, I ran out of gas. I went to a gas station and filled a canister and came back then I couldn’t find the funnel to fill the tank and had to wait a long time for road side assistant. The passenger door on my brand new 2020 car rattled sometime and you have to open and close it several times to fix this. Need to the new car to the dealership. The MPG is way lower than what advertised.

Original review: June 10, 2020

2017 Escape SE, purchased brand new. We are not hard on our cars! Maintain them as required, had a 2010 Escape hybrid that we had for 11 years and loved it. That's what prompted us to buy another. Any way 30,000 miles engine light comes on then goes out. Starts to idle rough. The next day when I started the car the engine light comes back on and stays on. Call Ford dealer, they said drive it in. I do, they tell me new engine is required. Lucky still under warranty. They said it's okay to drive while they get the new engine, since we are in Hawaii everything takes a long time to get things anyway. So they tell me at least a month, but I am figuring on at least 2 months. Time will tell if the engine blows before I get the new one. FRUSTRATING!

Original review: April 25, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2019 Ford F150 that was damaged. 1 day later I returned it for a refund. Dealer said, "No, once you sign it is yours." Called Ford with no satisfaction either. Ford does not stand behind their products.

Original review: April 24, 2020

As a leasee with Ford leasing, two vehicles, I am disappointed that Ford does not support account holders when trying to log on to their account... when submitting inquiries about early termination of a lease... converting a lease to purchase before an existing lease is up. Like other large corporations, Ford's business model appears to basically be: For every customer lost, we get five new ones. Which follows the third world agricultural model of "slash and burn"... without sustainable "crops" planted. What we consumers need to do is collectively demand our "sovereignty" as consumers as written in America's "Free Market Bible" written by Adam Smith... we.. the consumer decides fair treatment, not an overpaid executive core in the corporate board room.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information