Ford Cars and Trucks
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Ford Cars and Trucks

1239 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our key was locked inside the car. I called them at 9:30 pm on 7/6/2018. They set up C&J towing in Madison, GA(50 miles away) to come unlock our vehicle and they would be there in 90 minutes. Two hours later I was told they would be there in 15 minutes. They never showed up and would not answer my calls. It was 4:00am before they called someone else to come out. Which would be 45 minutes before they would get there. Which they did show up and unlocked the door. We were traveling home from our vacation and had been on the road since 9:00am that morning. I really don’t understand why they called someone so far away to start with. VERY DISAPPOINTED in this service.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had a 2011 Ford Edge. Vehicle had high miles and I expect things to go wrong over time but this is just STUPID ENGINEERING!!! When the water pump goes on 3.5L engine it leaked coolant into the oil because it is built into the engine. No warning, and water in the oil basically destroyed the engine unless you are fortunate enough to catch it by fluke. If you are proactive and replace the water pump you are looking at 15 hours of shop labor plus parts and but there is no recommendations to do this in any manual. My motor is ruined and I will never buy a Ford again. WHAT A HORRIBLE DESIGN! There are several Ford engines with this design. This is a motor that is designed to fail. Dump your vehicles before this happens to you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 5, 2018

I DID NOT THINK I WOULD LIKE A FORD SINCE I ALWAYS DROVE A TOYOTA. HOWEVER, I HAVE REALLY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH FORD EDGE. The ride is smooth and it drives great. I have this car over a year and have had no trouble with it. All my kids and grandchildren like driving it also. There is lots of cargo place in the rear which makes it great for traveling. Great little SUV, which makes it easy to park as well.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My Ford 500's ride is decent. And I have the 6 speed tranny. I would not have bought if it had the cvt tranny. My car has lots of leg room in the back seat, storage spaces, and trunk room. It has good mileage and acceleration, too. I like the dual heat control in the front. Dual climate control has stopped a lot of fights. :-) It has been very dependable. I like the radio controls on the wheel. However, the rear has air but not heat and that is stupid. The AC is on all the time unless you manually shut it off. Some blind spots are worse than other cars I have owned.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like the sound system in the Mercury. Trunk is extremely roomy as well as the overall space and it's a pleasure to drive when it's not broke down. Love that the seats recline all the way back and the back seats fold in for added cargo space for the trunk. But I'm not really pleased with this car like I would have hoped to be. It has been unreliable on several occasions and it's giving me more headaches than pleasure breaking down on me. Also the console is way smaller than I expected and I wanted a deeper glove box. The drink holders aren't adjustable for bigger cups which is very aggravating. I also wanted the car to come with 5 star rally wheels instead of standard spare tire. I wish that the overall length was a little bit bigger and the access to certain areas under the hood was better aligned for easier working space and the doors and windows access for the back seats are made ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: June 27, 2018

My Ford Edge is black with sparkle in the paint and 22 in wheels. It drives smooth and has remote start. It is all wheel drive and includes a backup camera. The car drives well in the snow which we get a lot of here. The size of the car is perfect and the accessories. It has every option that you can think of. The interior is all leather. And overall, it's a nice car. However, the entire top is glass which is cold. The back does not hold very much without putting the seats down. Also, there is so many accessories that things can go wrong. Still, I love the car.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have really enjoyed owning my Fiesta! It's such a fun car to drive, the acceleration is perfect, it zips through traffic and I love my sync system. And I really love the mileage I get out of the car. I can get almost 2 weeks of driving out of a single tank of gas! Moreover, I love the look of it. It's very modern and cute. Some people might view its small size as a negative but I genuinely have never felt cramped from the inside.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The 1998 Mercury Mountaineer is a durable reliable car and I was able to get a good deal. It was only $2000 and has over 150,000 miles on it. The color is dark green and I like how it has a sun roof and that it has all-wheel drive. We have owned this car for about two years and hasn't been expensive to keep up with maintenance. The car only gets about 12 miles to the gallon so I wish that the gas mileage could be improved and be like that of the Honda I used to own.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The 2016 Ford Fiesta is a great first car for my twenty year old daughter. It is dependable, and I love the color and the shiny blue really stands out. I bought it new from a Ford dealership and they were amazing and answered all of our questions. My daughter fell in love with the car at the dealership and I felt she would be safe driving it. I also purchased a bumper to bumper warranty and I have never had to use it even once. I really love the car. However, it doesn't have much power to get up and go. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a built in GPS and if the price was cheaper.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My overall experience with my Mercury Mariner is really good. I haven't had any problems with it and I bought it used one year ago. It's a 2006 and I love it. It's dependable and it's easy to drive. I like all the features it comes with too! I like the sunroof, the radio/cd player and it allows you to place several CDs in it at one time. It has automatic windows and they're tinted which is also a plus. I also like that it has good working air conditioning and the heat works good as well. The front seats have a button to heat them which is very nice to have on extra cold days. I would like it to have a GPS system but it doesn't. I could always add one but other than that, I don't have anything that I dislike about it. I would like it if the window tint was a little bit darker but I can always get that done.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The 2008 Mercury Mariner is a wonderfully comfortable car. It rides like a luxury vehicle. It also is a beautiful design and looks like an expensive vehicle. It goes well in all types of weather and repairs are fairly inexpensive. Love the adjustable seats and it has Bluetooth and wireless radio as well. The gas mileage is awesome. I love the hatch which has room to spare and it has 2 openings for easy packing and removing. I like the ground clearance too and I love the electric windows, the power seats. The radio and stereo are very nice and I can go about anywhere and the vehicle runs like a 4 wheel drive. I also love the leg room, my husband who is 6'2 fits well and is comfortable. I also like the roomy backseat so that the kids are not crowded.

The car is like a luxury car on a Pinto budget. Some of the body parts are hard to find though. And the radio could use better speakers. A better variety of colors and interior options could be offered as well. The windows need to have better tinting to them. Lighted mirrors would be nice. Also running boards and luggage racks should be standard.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My overall experience is very great with this Mercury Mariner. I live in the northeast and I haven't gotten stuck with this car at all. It is used, but it hasn't given me a problem. This vehicle has a lot of features that made me choose it. It was the first vehicle I test drove. I loved the sunroof, heated leather seats. I also like that it is AWD all the time. I enjoy the stock CD and sound. But I don't like the mpg of this car. It is a v6. I would have liked to have a navigation screen, a backup camera, and an information center with displaying mpg to empty and warning messages.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This is the second Ford Edge that we have owned and we really like the vehicle. It gets fairly good gas mileage for its size and is very comfortable and nice looking. We had both vehicles well past the warranty and found it to be very stable. No major repairs and only typical maintenance. We love the GPS and the two moon roofs. The area in the back will hold large items and is easy to push a button and lower the back seats to make even more room. The body style is very sharp and I love the heated seats. But the first Edge had a problem with the rear view window and I felt like I couldn't see as well as I should be able to. But the next one we bought had a little condensed mirror attached to the rear view mirror that enables me to see a wider area. We are very pleased.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I like that the Mercury Villager has removable seats which makes it very easy for me to put my youngest daughter in and out of the vehicle and that it has a security system that can keep my car safe. However, the automatic windows in the back and also the front driver's window does not fully want to work all the time. That has been the biggest problem that I have been recently facing and kind of wished they would have stuck with manual windows. I would also make it where the back was bigger to put more stuff like groceries in the "trunk".

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a New 2017 F250 Lariat in June of 2017. IT IS A LEMON! I went through 5 trips for repairs with no success. The vehicle drifts to the right among other things. I went through arbitration with the BBB. This was forced do to signing an agreement to arbitrate when I bought the truck. The arbitrator found the truck to be unsafe but allowed Ford one more chance to repair (another month) with the same results, UNSAFE. I was then awarded a buy back. With a substantial cost for 6200 miles accumulated. It has been nearly a month and Ford's repurchase department is not responding, I am told any day now. Thirteen months of living with a $70,000 lemon and Ford acts like it is my fault. WARNING WARNING. Stay away from FORD. They don't care after they get your money.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I really like the space the Ford Rover has on the inside and how it also has a back camera so I can see where behind me and if I'm going to hit something. Also my family and friends are jealous of me and my car because they love my car and want one too.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This “car” (Ford Escape 2014) is the perfect example of why I’ll never own another Ford for as long as I can still drive. Major recalls (this one’s the special one that had engine overheating issues that would cause it to essentially meltdown). I had that issue 2 days after pulling off the lot, brand new. Most expensive thing I own outside of a home. It took 3 wks for that issue, and 2 days after, had a failure of the Sync system (that still never works as it should). At that time, I offered to spend more $ to upgrade to the model w/out the issues, and was told Ford can’t do that nor could they work with the dealer.

All told, this car has had something on the order of 15 recalls. I paid for the extended warranty, and at 1000 miles over the 50K, the turbo and coolant system failed (related to early overheating issues) locking the entire car up. Called for roadside, was notified that my warranty was expired, no roadside, no warranty. Spent hours (literally 10+ over 4 days) begging for some sort of help. Ultimately, just told the dealer to proceed w/ the repair, planning to continue revisiting W/ Ford for some sort of help. Dealer called to say there were no parts in stock, and best case was 3 months!! That’s no joke! And no offer of help with a rental.

Customer service means doing the right thing for the customer, and that doesn’t mean making that customer beg for assistance. Ultimately, after spending all the time, they covered it. Fast forward to today - at 56K, the transmission just popped up alerting me that it has failed and should be serviced immediately. So, I’m back on the phone w/ Ford and fully expecting pushback. Never ever again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This Mercury is a 2005 yet still in great shape. It is comfortable. It drives great. This car has automatic seat adjustments that have proved to be so convenient. It is the second Marquis that I have owned. It has a really smooth ride. It's great on long trips. The color blue is my favorite. It starts in all kinds of weather so it is reliable. This car gets good gas mileage for a full size car. It has automatic mirror adjustments. I like that it has an automatic gear shift. I like the way the brakes work. I like that you can see out of the car well. I also like the sound of the radio and speakers.

It tells you the temperature inside and outside the car. It has plenty leg room and headroom. You don't hear a lot of outside noise. It is easy to handle. I would include a backup camera and a GPS though. Other than that it is a perfect car and I love it. I wouldn't care if it was a little be smaller but not much. I would like that indicator that tells you when you are too close to a car on the side. I would like side airbags too. I would like that feature that stops the car when you get too close in front. I would like that indicator that beeps when you back too close to anything. I would also like a seat warmer for the winter.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Ford Five Hundred has been a great car for me and I really like it. It has leather interior and has lots of cup holders. I like the way the back seats fold down to give me more trunk space. I really enjoy the heated seats the best. So great in the winter time and they really help. But I would like the car to have four wheel drive for better driving during the winter snow season. It does seem to slide easy on slick streets.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I wanted a Ford Edge for 8 years. Went through a terrible illness with husband that forced him to stop working. So when we finally could afford a vehicle I knew what I wanted. I love my Ford Edge and I think my husband does too. We have always had a bigger car. And the Edge is very roomy, extremely comfortable for traveling and have not had any problem. I also love the way it drives. My Edge has a lot of extras and I like the heated seats, reclining back seats, sunroof and color. Also, the only thing I dislike is the color of carpet. It's tan and that's too light. Darker carpet doesn't show any wear. But still, I will only buy Edges.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My 2013 Ford Fiesta hatchback titanium required a tow in year 3 with no other issues other than the battery dying and the radio console freezing up a few times which I was able to fix myself. It is an American made car that was extremely well priced with attractive features such as moonroof, leather seats, heated seats, rear camera, GPS system, enhanced audio sound system that a lot of the foreign cars offer at their base price models. It came in a manual which was important to me and hard to find. Some of the car pieces are made of plastic though where it should not be. The hood latch and several metal pieces under the hood have seized which I find absurd since I take great care of my vehicle. The whole vehicle is dependent upon a computer system that can be quite finicky at times especially when wet or cold outside.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My husband's 2015 F150 has a recall on the door locks. When it was getting fixed, we were contacted that two of the door actuators were bad so they needed to be replaced. It was never confirmed, by us, that they should fix BOTH of them. When my husband got a call that his truck was finished, they said they ended up fixing both actuators and we were responsible for paying over $550. I will be contacting Ford for a refund. Horrible service.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Have thought to write reviews before, then decided not for fear of upsetting local dealership who keeps "my lesser half" on an even keel. The thing is, I just spent the full first day of my vacation trying to make sure my Ford was not going to screw me over on this trip. And this is the 4th or 5th time that the Ford has played a major role on a vacation--as saboteur each time. Have never had a vehicle that actively impacted vacations before. It's like the Ford knows! All I can relate it to, is going on vacation with a passive-aggressive person that you are obligated to take along. Not pleasant.

2016 New Ford: Dealership dragged butts getting customizations done, and even though gave weeks of lead time, was left taking loaner vehicle (without all the camping customizations) on the big trip I was excited that Ford was going to make amazing. 2016 First Camping Trip w/ *My* Ford: Had 3,000 miles on it. Camped in middle of nowhere with no cell coverage and no people. Ford blew its engine. Yes. It really did. A passing car relayed my info to the Platinum Plan Roadside Assistance for me (remember, I am left stranded in the forest). Ford's roadside assistance apparently told them I was too remote for them to send a tow. So they abandoned me. Left me in forest to die. Totally Benghazi'd me. But these *strangers* did not.

They called around and found a local tow guy who would go out there and get me and my new paper-weight: the Ford. The guy towed me to local dealership some 60 miles away. The Ford dealership could not be bothered on a weekend to get me a rental car, and was located outside of town. Me and dogs had to walk several miles into town and back out when Home Dealership from 200 miles away sent trailer to pick up the Ford. It turns out that each local dealer apparently has own way of handling warranty work and this other dealership did not consider me their problem since I did not buy it there, nor did they have any idea what this "Platinum Plan" amounted to.

2017 Flat Tire In Middle of Nowhere: Could not figure out the surprisingly complicated tire delivery system that had to be assembled and unlocked and operated. So tried calling Ford Roadside Assistance. They had no idea either. Nor could they send a tow truck because it turns out Platinum Plan only good for $100 tow. No worries! I eventually figured it out, just thought could make a quick call and get a minute of help to seed things up but spent an hour getting zero help instead. Made it home tired from expedition, and in dark, also having spent 2 extra hours in the dark getting tire changed.

2017 Flat Tire Near Home. Ok, this time I knew how to get tire down. But could not get flat wheel off truck! Had to call tow truck because wheel corrosion welded onto axle courtesy of Ford dissimilar metals causing electrolysis and corrosion. Sure, everyone uses aluminum wheels. Yet Ford is only one that wheel simply would not come off for me. I tried kicking it and almost broke foot. Tried prying it and damaged wheel. By the way, Ford Platinum Plan Roadside Assistance insisted I was over 60 miles away from my home or some such and so refused to tow me there (too far). However, the person was unable to make sense of where I was and could not even find me on map--so no idea how she knew the distance.

At any rate, having lived here for 20 years, I assured her I was only 10 miles from house but she refused or could not override what the system that did not know where I was at was telling her for the distance. I called the roadside assistance that came with my car insurance and they sent a tow truck... to change the tire. The tow guy had to get under truck that was up on jack and pound on wheel with 5lb hammer. He suggested I carry 5lb hammer, block of wood, and some extra jack stands to make truck somewhat safer for crawling under it and pounding.

2018 Flat Tire. Tried loosening lugs but lug wrench would not fit them?!? Had it been swapped at dealership? So made calls around neighborhood (over a few miles, I live in the country) and found one with a star wrench. Went and got it. Jacked up truck and wheel would not come off again. Tried pounding on it but had not invested in 5lb hammer yet. Presumed kicking it would not work. Did not bother with Ford's POS Platinum Plan Roadside Assistance. Called the roadside assistance I got separately through my car insurance.

They sent a tow truck. To change the tire. That guy was big and he gave the wheel a hard kick and it came loose. I am an AARP member and suspect I would have broken my foot. At any rate, got wheel swapped out. Next day I spent entire first day of my vacation on the Ford. It was a 70 mile round trip to take it to dealership to get patched. They could not he bothered and so it would take several hours for them to do it. I made a day of it and did some exploring to another town and left some lovely painted memorial rocks at a spot that was special to my departed ex. Rather than preparing for trip. Then I went to house, got the star and returned it to neighbor. Then rested a couple hours and went back to town to get patched spare. I took the truck. Here is where it gets extra interesting.

I had them rotate all the tires so if I need to change a flat they will be temporarily broken loose. IF YOU HAVE A FORD TRUCK, do this before any expedition. Regarding the lug wrench, that turns out to be another issue with Ford materials and engineering (like with the dissimilar metals and no coating/treatment to prevent corrosion welds). The lug nuts *swell*. That's right. Ford makes their lug nuts out of some high-tech passive-aggressive living metal that can sense a vacation and swell by a couple millimeters, rendering it impossible to remove them with the factory lug wrench!?! Who knew??? I did not. No, you cannot hammer wrench onto lug. I tried that. These things *really swell*. You have to get a 22mm wrench to fit on the 21mm lugs. You have to go buy a new wrench.

IF YOU ARE A FORD TRUCK OWNER buy a new lug wrench after a year or so, or it may simply be impossible to change a tire on your expedition and you could die in the wilderness from a flat tire. So both the corrosion weld and the swollen nuts issues are known by Ford. In googling, there have even been lawsuits! Yet, here we still are.

To wrap up this review, will say that back in the day, IBM had a list of priorities go meet when rolling out a new product whether it was a storage medium or a mainframe. Number 1 priority? Do the customer no harm. Customer safety was #1 priority. They did not want you to even cut your finger on a sharp edge. But Ford seems to think it is no big deal if you--surprise!--can't change your tire ‘cause their magical nuts swelled. Well they have not traveled with me.

Back in the day I drove all through Mexico and Central America. I was careful in choosing my rigs for the expedition: Nissan pickup (with *3* spare tires--I went through *all* of them), BMW motorcycle. They both served me well, had zero problems other than tires. One flat was in the dangerous Peten region of Guatemala. The military had been hunting down and killing armed highwaymen in the area right when I was passing through. I got a flat!!! On the Nissan, it took 5 minutes to swap that ** out and be on my way. Thank you God I did not take a Ford Truck.

IF YOU ARE A FORD TRUCK OWNER do not take it on any expedition where your life could be at risk from a breakdown. My experience is that they (based, admittedly, on only one ownership experience) simply are not reliable and trustworthy enough for that use. Use them as you would a Mini Cooper, for fun jaunts around town--except you can haul/tow stuff with the Ford! Not for an expedition, where lives are on the line and there is no safety net. Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, *Honduras*--even parts of Mexico? The magic lug nuts surprise would have almost surely cost me my life. Still might.

Look, I'm older now. Have had spinal surgeries and such. Really do not need to be under a truck raised up on a jack, pounding on wheel w/ 5lb hammer. Just might end up pinned under truck. So... if that happens and I am found dead in middle of nowhere under my hateful passive-aggressive Ford? Please someone sue the crap out of Ford for me, in my memory.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My experience overall was alright. My original salesperson was promoted and I didn't have a very good connection with my salesperson and a mistake was made with my loan documents. I decided to purchase a vehicle that I had been leasing. I liked that the Ford Fiesta was small and had good gas mileage. I also like the color and the size of the trunk. I wish it had a backup camera and some of the other features on the newer vehicles. I also miss the new car smell.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought my Ford Five Hundred 10 years old with only 85,000 miles and am enjoying it. I wanted one when they first came out, so I was delighted when I saw this one at such a good deal. Its seat is a couple inches higher than other cars, so it is easier for me to get in and out of with my old knees, and the A/C works great, which is a must in Texas! It's an older car, so it doesn't have wi-fi technology. I might install wi-fi if I thought I'd be keeping the car forever. And it has leather seats, which I really don't like -- too hot for Texas summers!

Original review: June 13, 2018

The 90 Ford Thunderbird is a good running and dependable vehicle. Also, smooth, perfect and easy driving. Very comfortable and good gas mileage, too. Nice interior and awesome car. However, I dislike the seats leaning back and power steering, how the brakes work, the radio in it, the color of the interior, the car's weird looking color, the tires, the old radio cassette player and dashboard, the vehicle's slowness, how the seats set and how I have to pull seat up to drive the vehicle.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Mercury Mountaineer was fun to drive, spacious interior, good mileage on long drives, roomy cargo area, comfortable seating for driver and passengers. The air quality of the air conditioning system was very good. But they could improve the interior fabrics. It was a used car that I purchased from the owner. The price was great for the car and it was kept in very good condition. I like the fact that it was a sport utility vehicle which is what I wanted to buy. The owner provided all the maintenance records for the vehicle. I really liked the car as it was. I would buy another one of these vehicles with no questions or concerns.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I bought the Ford Sport Trac new in MAY 2010. I had all the scheduled dealer maintenance completed as scheduled and the vehicle has never been off road. The four-wheel drive has been engaged twice, and the majority of the miles have been on the highway. Thirty miles from FT Leonard Wood the transmission began slipping. The vehicle was sluggish when accelerating from a stopped position causing a hazard in city driving or merging onto the interstate. The vibration increased on the highway at speeds above 50 MPH making it difficult to steer. When I arrived at my destination, I dropped it at the dealership the next day for service.

The service representative called and informed 2 maintenance lights were on for engine and transmission service. I agreed to move forward with the scheduled maintenance. The dealership called later that day and informed me I needed a new transmission but could not explain what the codes meant or the cost of repair. I asked for clarification, but no one ever got back to me with an update. I received a text my truck was ready for pick up, but the staff could not explain the problem. I am now at day seven and after countless phone calls to the dealership and Ford customer service line. No one can explain the issue or offer assistance because the vehicle is not under warranty!

My questions. Why is the transmission shot after only 37,000 miles? If it is replaced, what reassurance do I have this problem will not reoccur in another 37,000 miles? Is there assistance for a drive train component replacement that is supposed to last 100,000 miles and likely defective? Why is this a warranty issue and not a quality issue? The staff at the Ford customer service center try to keep bouncing back to the dealership and refuse to put me in contact with the regional manager or supervision staff. I finally got a call and they offered to replace the transmission for $5,000. Told me I could take it or leave it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I haven’t purchased a Ford in over 25 years. And after purchasing a new 2018 model, I will never buy a Ford again! Like many Americans in the late sixties and seventies I became disappointed by the shoddy workmanship of domestic manufacturers and made the switch to Japanese vehicles. I didn’t feel good about it, but the Japanese cars were cheap, ran well and parts were plentiful. Approximately three months ago along with President Trump's desire to get Americas back to work again, I took a second look at the 2018 Ford. I bought one, at around $41,000. Then on May 4th my driving world came to an end. I hit a rock and damaged the undercarriage causing me to need a wiring harness replacement. I had the vehicle towed to the nearest Ford dealership.

When I inquired how long it would take to repair the vehicle I was informed the there were NO replacements in the parts division, or for that matter anywhere in the United States. No other dealers stocked even one, and the prospect for obtaining one was months away! I contacted Ford’s customer service department about two weeks ago. Three times I was brushed off with the ‘contact your dealer’ excuse, then finally one of your representatives hooked me up with a customer service agent that would be dedicated to resolving my dilemma. That was a joke. He called me one time but left no message or number. The second time he called he left his name and number. After that, I called him and left messages six times before finally reaching him. His attitude and condescending approach left little doubt of his non-concern.

He offered no solutions and accused me of being the problem when he heard that I had damaged the undercarriage of my car. He mentioned that he did consult with his manager who stated that Ford has no program to address this lack of parts issue. He inferred that Ford wasn’t wrong for not stocking a replacement part, because if I hadn’t need a replacement then there wouldn’t be an issue! I would think that Ford would have a fiduciary responsibility to stock parts on new models. This morning my new Ford still sits in a service bay and because the windows were not closed due to no electrical connection and no tarp was put on the vehicle to protect it, the interior is now laden with soot and grit.

The dealership employees were all very pleased and happy when I purchased my new Ford. But apparently that’s where it ends. Never again. Oh, by the way the assembly’s line on 2018 model that I purchased is still running, and new wiring harnesses like the one I need are still being pulled, but apparently these vehicles are for potential new customers, not for any current ones!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought and kept this Edge car for several years with three years in storage. The car ran extremely well for our family. I kept this car as our second that I bought in 2014. I later had to sell in 2015 before heading to Japan for three to five years. It brought what I thought to be top dollar.

Ford expert review by ConsumerAffairs

One of the most well-known automobile companies in the world, the Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. With a history stretching back to the beginning of the automobile industry, Ford first began manufacturing vehicles in 1903. Now, Ford builds many different types of cars, trucks, vans and more. Ford also sells service truck chassis and offers uplift service for trucks as well.

• F-series chassis: Ford’s F-series of service truck chassis are the F-350, F-450 and the F-550. Each of these chassis is capable of being fit for service trucks and each is available in regular and supercab models. You can make sure you find an F-series model to fit your needs by looking at the specs of each online and selecting your own configuration.

• Super Duty trucks: Ford’s Super Duty trucks are the toughest cabs and chassis the company has ever built. Super Duty trucks are made of high-strength aluminum alloy and come with strong frames and axles. They are ideal for use in rugged conditions in industries like construction, forestry and mining.

• E-series chassis: Ford’s E-series cutaway chassis are ideal for service van upfits. Their basic design is built for heavy-duty towing and cargo hauling. You can use Ford’s online selection tool to find the right chassis to fit your needs.

• Commercial Vehicle Centers: Ford’s Commercial Vehicle Centers are specialty dealers uniquely qualified to meet commercial needs. If you’re looking for an upfit body for your chassis, the Commercial Vehicle Center can provide you with valuable information about viable upfit options.

• Upfit incentives: If you already have a truck that you want to use as a service truck, Ford offers upfit incentives for your chassis. Ford may provide cash assistance for upfitting your truck or van to a service vehicle. These incentives are subject to availability and may change, so contact your nearest Commercial Vehicle Center or check online to see current incentives.

• Best for: service truck fleets, people who need an upfit service and any other basic service truck needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs