2.84/5
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 15, 2018

1224 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2018

I bought a 2018 F-350 Power Stroke and it has 3,700 miles. I can’t get a power steering pump that I needed at 500 miles. It’s aggravating to buy a truck this expensive and they can’t get any parts for it. Produce parts so I can get my truck fixed.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought and kept this Edge car for several years with three years in storage. The car ran extremely well for our family. I kept this car as our second that I bought in 2014. I later had to sell in 2015 before heading to Japan for three to five years. It brought what I thought to be top dollar.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The Ford 2005 is still working good. We purchase it in Newburgh, N.Y., brought here in 2006, in 2008 my son came down and needed a car and we gave it to him, he drove it from here to Florida where he moved. In November 2017 he purchase a newer car and pass that one to his younger brother and he brought it back to S.C. and it is still running good.

Original review: May 2, 2018

You should have NO stars for this rating of this company. This company should be issuing a recall for the problem with my truck (fuel tank collapse). This happens all of the time with trucks in the oil fields. It is a venting problem that gets clogged with dirt. Aren’t trucks designed to be in dirt? Cost is exorbitant and unnecessary. I would like Consumer Affairs to look into this problem. Imagine how many F-350 trucks are on the road and the potential of breakdowns is enormous. I think they allow this to happen to just line their pockets. Or maybe they put faulty parts on these trucks. They did have these issues back in 2012 on smaller cars.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased my FORD FUSION especially for the sync navigation package. A few months ago when I tried to get directions using my service, there was a recording stating that the service was no longer available. When I called FORD they basically told me they had no other options and to use my phone's navigation. I loved that service and I feel so disappointed. They sold me on something that I can no longer use!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: May 1, 2018

Ford Edge is a nice car and sharp looking. However, the panoramic sunroof gets stuck and won’t close sometimes. Also, Microsoft sync hard to use. Otherwise I love it and gets good gas mileage.

Original review: April 30, 2018

The Ford Flex is a wonderful vehicle. The interior is roomy and very comfortable and the ease of entry and exit is great. Also, the sound system is great and the seating and cargo capacity meets my needs as the father of seven.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've been driving a Ford Edge and found it to be an excellent SUV. It drives very nice and handles great. It's all-wheel drive, and was surprised how it just pulled out of the snow bank. It a little smaller than my Explorer and was worth the shot I gave it.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2013 Ford Fusion rocks! I’ve never had a moment’s trouble with it. I get about 40 mph and drive it a lot! It looks good, drives well, is economical, and is reliable with all amenities. No complaints here!

Original review: April 28, 2018

My 2010 Ford Edge Limited has to be one of my favorite autos I've had over my 44+ yrs of driving. Since I bought my first SUV back in 1992-93 I have never owned a car again. This vehicle is very dependable, very comfortable, good mileage, and a great ride all in all. If I had to in the future for whatever reason, I would buy the same make & model but I just wish Ford didn't change the newer Edges in size, they're smaller in and out.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Ford Fusion has fair value. I had to do a major repair at 90000 miles and some of the interior is cheaply made. But, it has decent performance for a four cylinder and decent gas mileage.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love the Ford Crown Victoria because it is a solid car. I feel I have a car around me and I feel safe. My car has 65,000 in 15 years. It performs well on the highway or local roads and it holds the road well in bad weather also.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Love my Ford Fusion. It looks and drives great, but the one thing is it does not get the gas mileage it should. It does have the turbo engine and is listed as getting 22 mpg city and 33 highway. No way, it gets about 21 city but only about 28 highway.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ford C-MAX Energi drives sporty, has as much cargo space as a minivan, qualifies for the carpool sticker, and has more headroom than any other vehicle I have ever been in! Geared perfectly so it can get up and go at any speed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My Ford Fusion is just a great mid-size car. I was a little disappointed in the gas mileage, nothing terrible but just not as good as I expected. Other than that, it's been very low maintenance, it's a 2009, and I hope that continues.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The Ford Crown Victoria is well built and solid full sized car. Handles 5 adults with plenty of trunk space. Not manufactured anymore (last year produced - 2011) but is well worth buying used as these cars are extremely durable, reliable and hold up well under the harshest conditions. Smooth ride, excellent handling, 4 wheel disc brakes provide superior breaking, whisper quiet smooth V8 with plenty of power. Comfortable and stylish as well. Easy to repair and offers many safety features with excellent crash protection. Downside: can be hard to park due to large size, fair to decent gas consumption averaging 16-17 city / 20-25 hwy.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My Ford Fusion Energy has plenty of leg room, sleek design, comfortable, electronic commands and perfect, large screen. Also, rich design and good view of outside. But it has a small trunk, issues with charging, max 22 miles on a charge. 565 miles on a tank driving 140 miles 5 days a week.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My Ford E-250 work van is essential for my service work. I do routine maintenance on the van and it has performed reliably for more than fifteen years. Considering the vintage, the van's six cylinder V-6 (original motor) delivers surprisingly good gas mileage.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought this 2010 Fusion Hybrid in 2013 and have had only two problem areas, brakes wearing quicker than expected and a minor fuel system issue. It rides and handles well and is comfortable for five. On long trips the mileage is very good with summer mpg hovering close to 40. Around town in the summer, I average close to 45. While a northern Maine winter drops the around town mpg to the upper 20s. Display is adequate, blind spot monitoring works well as the view out the rear and sides is smaller than I'd like. I would buy this vehicle again.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I love the Ford Edge Sport. It runs so smooth and quiet, feels like it has power and is very well designed for room and comfort. I feel, for the money, we got what most would want in a car, and even more. We have had it now for 3 years and never a problem with it so far.

Original review: April 22, 2018

My Ford Escort is an old car made in 1995 and I have drove it since 2002. It has worked well for me and is still going. I hope it continues for some time longer and it will be missed when it goes.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Ford refused to fully fix a recall that they issued and the damage it caused. It took over 6 weeks to get the parts in to fix the Ford Fiesta door locks. They had the car an excessive amount of time.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Our 2014 Flex has been a great car so far! It gets decent gas mileage and has plenty of room. We have not had any mechanical issues so far and the only complaint I have is that the hoses that go to the front and rear window squirters keeps coming off of a connector, that I had to end up clamping to the connector.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The Ford Fusion's sync system is terrible and fuel performance poor. Has cheap seating, wears tires out fast, and too low to the ground. Feel and hear road noise. Does not hold value.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We purchased a low mileage former rental Explorer Limited Edition. The only improvement would have been a turbo engine. I love this vehicle. It is easy to drive, seats 7 when needed, and very comfortable. It has great sounds, lots of extra features and can still haul a few things when our one-ton truck is too big.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've only had Ford Fusion for 1 month and driven 300 miles but outside of being too high tech I love everything about it. I've always had good results with Ford products.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Our Ford Fusion provides a 26.6 MPG and a great ride based upon it's model build. The trunk space is very good as well as the car inside. The performance has been very good with no glitches.

Original review: March 15, 2018

2016 Ford Escape 1.6 engine - I bought this Ford Escape because I have always bought Fords, American made. When I bought this Ford I was happy with the deal and the vehicle, shook the salesman hand and was told, "You're getting a really good vehicle here. You keep up the oil changes and get new tires when needed, you probably will have this vehicle for a very long time." I commute 170 miles round trip per day to work from home. Averaging about 35,000-40,000 per year. Current mileage was 85,000 miles when driving down the road and vehicle began to lose power and the engine RPM increased. On the cluster red wrench light came on "transmission fault service now" and I could not accelerate. And the car decelerated rapidly. I managed to get the vehicle back to the house. Started it the next morning and got about 3 miles from the house when it repeated the same issues.

I arranged for a flatbed to transport my vehicle to the local Ford dealership to get the vehicle diagnosed. Was informed from the service rep that the computer was indicating "No Pressure and Improper Gear Ratio". Was told that Ford recommends to replace the entire transmission, which quoted a price of $4,700.00 for the part and an additional $1,500 to $2,000 for labor to remove and install the transmission. Warranty on a replaced transmission would be 100,000 miles and 3 years. What I do not understand is if a replacement transmission has this warranty, why does not a transmission in a vehicle built from the factory have the same warranty? Vehicle was no longer under the Ford standard Powertrain Warranty of 60,000 miles so, cost was all out of pocket.

Service rep made the recommendation of contact Ford Service Customer Care and submit a claim. Made the call that evening and within 2 days received a response, stating: "We have thoroughly reviewed your request and after careful consideration we regret that Ford is not able to provide financial assistance to address your issue. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations at this time and recommend you continue to work with your Ford dealership to provide the best service for your vehicle in the future."

So much for customer care. I understand that the vehicle has 85,000 but still it is only a 2 year old vehicle. Under the Ford Maintenance Schedule for a 2016 Ford Escape, the transmission is not to be serviced till 150,000 miles, which is just an oil change. I have had this vehicle serviced religiously with Ford for all oil changes, tire rotations or any other mechanical issue. Always have had a multi-point inspection done as well on the vehicle. Just had this vehicle serviced the month prior to this event and received a green check across the board on everything.

Would recommend having your transmission looked at more closely in this vehicle, can be a costly overlook to you by your Ford service department. Needless to say, was not happy with Ford handling of this situation and especially the Ford Customer Care Relationship Center. Must be easy for someone to push a button saying No, when they do not need to put their name on a response and account for their actions.

Original review: March 5, 2018

2008 Ford Heavy Duty F350 diesel turbo 6.4 engine - We bought a Ford because we have always bought Fords, American made. When we bought this Ford we were happy, we shook the guy that sold it to us hands as he said, "You're getting a really good truck here. You keep up the oil changes and get new tires when needed, you probably won't have it in the shop only to get new hoses at 300,000 miles." What a nightmare that statement has become. We had trouble way before 28,000 with the way the turbos and engine ran. They said they fixed it. We kept changed oil and got new tires when needed. Continued having problems $6700 worth. We ask for them to look at it and they said nothing was wrong. That that is the way it was suppose to run. At 53000 it totally quit.

We took it in, they suggested clearing the emission records to help it perform better and get new turbos. They did that. We still was not happy with the performance of driving the truck. 8 months & 900 miles later it was back in the shop. The shop said they'd take care of it, stayed in their shop for 1 and half months but made it worse and they towed it to a Ford care 30 miles away. SO they had it 1 and half months, changed turbo, found that the pipe going into turbos was melting on the inside and they said it was good. I was going to take it from there to trade it. They thought that all the problems Ford had on these trucks that now it was taken care of with the Pipe being replaced, $2300 cost. So I took it home. Next day we went 20 miles and the radiator was leaking.

When I called the Ford care place, the man said, "Oh that is another problem Ford is having with the Ford trucks, it cracks on the seam." So another $2200 that should have been a Ford recall. I'm tired of hearing everyone complain about the Ford truck and the US Highway Safety Department not taking care of getting Ford to recall these. IF there are this many complaints about the 2008 to 2010 models then there should be a recall and Ford taking care of the cost! These are not maintenance problems. This is factory problem. Doesn't it seem crazy that Ford dealers do not even want to give you anything for the truck on a trade in? Does it seem crazy that the Ford company care places do not even care to have them come into their shops?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have been a Ford Customer for over 30 years and I will NEVER buy another Ford. Ford refuses to cover the corrosion that is spreading on the hood of my 2014 Explorer. Now the paint is starting to chip off as well. Ford is well aware of this issue with several Ford models and will NOT do anything about it. (The local Ford Body Shop Manager told me so.) The issue is due to inadequate prep work before painting the vehicle. I have been going back and forth with Ford for over 6 months. I even sent a letter to the Ford Board of Directors. Ford simply does NOT care. FORD DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR VEHICLES!

At first Ford tried to say that the warranty is 3/36000 miles, but later admitted that the warranty is actually 5 years/unlimited miles. Then they stated: "Corrosion Warranty covers body sheet metal panels against corrosion due to a defect in factory supplied materials or workmanship. Corrosion coverage only applies if the corrosion causes perforation (holes) in body sheet metal panels. Corrosion Warranty coverage begins at the warranty start date and lasts for five years, regardless of miles drive." This is a defect in factory workmanship!

Ford expert review by ConsumerAffairs

One of the most well-known automobile companies in the world, the Ford Motor Company is a multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan. With a history stretching back to the beginning of the automobile industry, Ford first began manufacturing vehicles in 1903. Now, Ford builds many different types of cars, trucks, vans and more. Ford also sells service truck chassis and offers uplift service for trucks as well.

• F-series chassis: Ford’s F-series of service truck chassis are the F-350, F-450 and the F-550. Each of these chassis is capable of being fit for service trucks and each is available in regular and supercab models. You can make sure you find an F-series model to fit your needs by looking at the specs of each online and selecting your own configuration.

• Super Duty trucks: Ford’s Super Duty trucks are the toughest cabs and chassis the company has ever built. Super Duty trucks are made of high-strength aluminum alloy and come with strong frames and axles. They are ideal for use in rugged conditions in industries like construction, forestry and mining.

• E-series chassis: Ford’s E-series cutaway chassis are ideal for service van upfits. Their basic design is built for heavy-duty towing and cargo hauling. You can use Ford’s online selection tool to find the right chassis to fit your needs.

• Commercial Vehicle Centers: Ford’s Commercial Vehicle Centers are specialty dealers uniquely qualified to meet commercial needs. If you’re looking for an upfit body for your chassis, the Commercial Vehicle Center can provide you with valuable information about viable upfit options.

• Upfit incentives: If you already have a truck that you want to use as a service truck, Ford offers upfit incentives for your chassis. Ford may provide cash assistance for upfitting your truck or van to a service vehicle. These incentives are subject to availability and may change, so contact your nearest Commercial Vehicle Center or check online to see current incentives.

• Best for: service truck fleets, people who need an upfit service and any other basic service truck needs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs