Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks

3.5/5 (3408 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

We prepaid for oil changes and tire rotations when we bought the car, but we have to argue with the service department every time we come to get one. This time we were also told that the Ford factory installed two-piece lug nuts were fused and needed to be replaced. I was told to go to an auto parts store to buy my own one-piece lug nuts and that the technicians at the dealership would install them after rotating the wheels. Then I was told I would have to pay extra because of the additional labor it would require to remove the defective Ford parts and replace them with the ones I bought from an O'Reilly, even though we had prepaid for this service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Worse service ever, I am a really good customer, more than 15 year loyal to Ford. Last year I bought a Ford Expedition, what a nightmare!!! Transmission felt apart, and instead of replacing the whole part they just replaced some parts. After 4 weeks waiting for my car to get fix, and paying a rental car out of my pocket because they did not even gave me a car, using stupid excuses, next day after finally I got my car back. It was leaking oil.... So they are useless, and provide the worse service ever, they do not care about customers anymore. Guess what?? My car is at the dealer again waiting to get fixed. After 15 years with Ford, I can give you an honest advice.... Do yourself a favor and do not make any business with Ford those days.

Very disappointed,

Alejandra

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

My name is Nicole **. I bought a Ford bronco outer banks in May 2022. On July 20th I was driving my bronco with the top half off, which bronco has a video on how to put it back. It was fully locked in. I drove in with it fine. On my way home it blew off the roof completely. I have two people who witnessed it happen and watched it completely blow off. I cried and cried because it pulled the car off the road. If I would have had my two young kids they would have been injured. The roof got completely damaged. To get it locked back on my 200 pound guy friend and I had to jump on the roof.

As soon as I got home I called my dealership and Ford corporate. The dealership said to bring it down they would look at it and give me a loaner. Ford corporate said they would cover it completely because I have it under warranty and the locking mechanism gave out. The Ford corporate girl's name was Sierra **. She was very nice and reassuring. She told me this was not my fault and Ford would pay for my $850 car payment while it was down. The dealership kept my bronco for 29 days. They demanded their loaner back and said they couldn’t tell if the roof was my fault or fords. Told me it would cost me 16,000 to fix it.

I was in contact with Sierra during this whole ordeal. She kept reassuring me that everything would be taken care of and Ford would take care of my payments. She said how it was absolutely not my fault and she would get the situation figured out. She finally called me today, august 23, 2022. She stated how Ford will not cover it under warranty. She said how the dealership said the roof locked. I said, "Well yah it did" and I said they are lying because it can’t be easy to get locked. It’s not safe to drive, it’s leaking water in when it rains, and the doors are hard to open because they are getting caught on the roof.

I asked her if I could speak to a higher up person about this. And she said no that she has done everything she can do. I’m so disgusted with Ford. I bought every warranty in the book and the bronco is only two months old. My friends said they will absolutely never buy a Ford vehicle after seeing what I am going through. Ford does not care about their customers at all. Ford will go behind customer's back and breech warranties. They make enough money to fix the roof. And look at how they treated me. It’s ridiculous. Never again will I buy from them.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have owned 8 Ford vehicles over the years. A 1978 F 150, A 1988 Ford Escort, A 2007 Ford Focus, a 2009 Ford Freestar, a 2013 Ford Focus, a 2012 Ford Focus, a 2019 Ford Fiesta, and now a 2021 Ford Ecosport. Two of the vehicles listed here got great gas mileage... and they averaged between 35 and 40 miles to the gallon on a regular basis. They are the 1988 Ford Escort and the 2007 ford Focus. The 2012 and 2013 Focus cars had major transmission problems, and the common denominator was the 6 speed Power shift Automatic Transmission.... or to put it bluntly, the biggest lemon to ever be made by Ford in the 21st century. They got around 29 miles to the gallon when they were working properly. I got rid of them.

The 2019 Fiesta was promising but I went with a manual 5 speed, which proved to be a bad set up because at 65 mph in 5th gear, the RPMs would hover at 3100. Unacceptable... so I traded it in for the 2021 Ford Ecosport. Let's see... torque converter 6 speed automatic transmission powered by a 1.0 - 3-cylinder engine. I'm thinking that this will be a good thing, right? Wrong.

Here is what I've discovered in the 10000 plus miles I've put on it since purchasing it. Average mpg - 28.5 highway. Transmission doesn't like cold temperatures at all. It takes forever for it to shift through the gears when going down the road on a cold day after a 5 minute engine warm up. In one instance I was stuck in 3rd gear for about 2 miles hovering at 4500 rpm before it shifted. Once the transmission warmed up, it was fine. This however never happened with my 2007 Ford focus (pre lemon transmission era). My wife's Toyota Camry averages 43 mpg highway. We know because we check it often.

So how does a mini SUV like the 2021 Ecosport, get beat out by a 2007 Ford Focus and a 2012 Toyota Camry in the MPG department? The answer is simple, Ford stopped caring about quality and performance at some point and built a bunch of hyped up cars that couldn't live up to that hype. My experience with Ford has made me more cautious at any dealership. I spend more time researching vehicles now. I will say that the Ecosport in my driveway will be the last Ford I every sink a dime into. I will never again buy their vehicles because quality is not job 1 at Ford anymore.

In my future, Toyota will be the car that I invest in. No wonder Ford resorted to just making Trucks, SUVs and Mustangs, and did away with all of their other cars. When I was a teenager, I wouldn't have given Ford a thought because I figured that Toyota cars and trucks were going to dominate, and it turns out that I was right. I gave Ford a chance 8 times and they let me down. In the 21st century, Ford went backwards and started to produce bad products. Oh, they look nice and all but they turn out to be disappointments. When I was in the Army, my barrack buddy had a 1985 Toyota Corolla... and he was getting 41 MPG on a car with over 200,000 miles on it and it was at that time already 11 years old. So MPG must be something Ford decided to ignore when producing vehicles in the 21st century. If I worked for Ford, I would leave and go work with a company like Toyota.

Ford Motor Company, I hope you read this review because I'm being as brutally honest about this as I can possibly be, without saying anything derogatory. With gas prices at an all time high... the last thing I need is a Magical Mystery Gas Guzzler. One more thing, I'm having a bumper sticker made that says just that, and I'm putting it where everyone can see it because people need to know that Ford is not the company that they could have been. I have to say goodbye to the dealership that I have dealt with for 20 years because all they sell are Mustangs, Trucks and SUVs and leftovers of cars that are being discontinued.

Original review: March 23, 2022

In 2016, we purchased a Ford Focus (with the dreaded automatic dual clutch) with ~35,000 miles. We paid extra for a 100,000 mile extended warranty. Within the first few months of owning it, it started shuddering. We took it in and they suggested we use an aftermarket air filter (green filter). We did so, and the shuddering was reduced.

Five years later, the car has 67,000 miles on it and it started shifting pretty hard and the shuddering was more pronounced. We took it in and I told them I suspected the TCM was bad (which was still under warranty). They told me I was wrong and it was the clutch (which of course, isn't under warranty). I said that didn't sound right because the clutch was rated for 100,000 miles... So either the TCM was bad, the TCM caused the transmission to shift improperly, which caused the clutch to wear out prematurely, or it was a defective clutch.

We went back and forth and they ENSURED me that it was the clutch. $1,600 and a new clutch later, they call me back and tell me "Actually, I guess it IS the TCM." When I asked about a refund for the clutch, they told me to pound sand. The car has now been in the shop waiting on a warranty repair for the TCM for over four months. We call weekly for an update and there is still no expected completion date. They said it could be as long as a year. We just want to get it repaired and sell the piece of crap so we don't ever have to deal with this headache again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Didn't get the information that I need it to buy a car and the lady was kind of rude about how I got to go about it to get this cleared off my credit, I need a car. I need credit acceptance off my credit. It's not my bill. It's my son's bill

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I bought my daughter a Ford Focus 2016 with about 47000 miles. 3 weeks ago the engine exploded with 53327 miles!!! But Ford doesn’t care!!! They don’t that it was only a few months out of power train warranty, but only time wise not mileage wise! I am really disappointed! I was looking to buy a Ford Bronco but now I will not buy a Ford or an affiliate brand again, until now we had only 2 Ford and 2 Lincoln which is Ford too but that will change now. I will have car brands that are proud of their products and take care of their customers that gave you 10 years and 100,000 miles warranty I’m sorry Ford is dead to me and my Family.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I have my Ford Raptor in the service dept for the cam phase issue which is a recall. I get the notice when my truck is out of the warranty, so guess what, Ford will not cover the cost, but to add to this injury they don't have parts available for this recall. My truck has been sitting in a Ford Service Dept for 2 months waiting on these phasers, with no eta. on parts, and no assistance. Ford may look good but they do not stand behind the product, Chevy will definitely be my next choice.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Ford Motor Company ignored and did not respond to our complaint about serious defect in the cruise control! We have a 2021 Ford Transit 3500 with only 2,200 miles. While cruise was set at 70 mph driving on I-5 in Late October it slowed automatically to about 40 MPH while in right lane as we were approaching a traffic slow down in both lanes. We moved into the left passing lane at about 35 MPH at that time and traffic was starting to slow down when suddenly and surprisingly the Adaptive Cruise Control accelerated violently towards a vehicle in the left lane which was stopping quickly directly in front of us. It was like we were going into warp drive on Star Trek Enterprise with another truck almost stopped right before us! It happened so fast that it seemed hitting the brakes did not slow us down or cancel the cruise control. We had a horrible collision with the truck in front of us at maybe going about 45 to 50MPH causing deployment of the front airbags.

It has been so very disappointing that Ford Motor Company did not respond to my appeal on 10/29/2021 to answer our concern when I communicated with the online representative on the Ford Website. The associate I communicated with would not answer my questions or address the issue so I asked for her to forward this concern to her supervisor or manager, which she agreed to. I also called the general Manager at Damerow Ford in Beaverton Oregon and explained the situation. I had ordered the truck through them from the factory. The result was also zero help and guidance also.

My auto insurance carrier did not want to address this issue saying that since the personal injury was minor it did not merit them getting involved investigating the possible defect in Ford's product. We sustained back and neck injury and are still experiencing pain from the wreck 2 months ago. Also the truck is at a dealer now awaiting repairs and rebuilding. I would like to recommend that to save lives, injury and damage to property that Adaptive cruise control from Ford Motor Company be used with extreme caution until the manufacturer stops ignoring this concern and does their job to protect their customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I own two Ford vehicles, a F350 Ford diesel King ranch 2016 and a 2018 Ford explorer Platinum two of Ford's top of the line vehicles. The Ford explorer third row electric seat began having issues within the warranty period at 21k miles and within 1 month of the vehicle warranty expiration. Just a couple of weeks after the expiration of the 36th month warranty but well within the 36k mile warranty (25k miles on The vehicle) third row seat would no longer operate (only having been used a few times). One of the main reasons we purchased the vehicle was for the third row seat for our grandchildren.

After several trips to two different dealerships it was determined that the wire harness would need to be replaced and in order to do that apparently much of the vehicle needs to be disassembled. A very significant effort and expense to repair. I felt surely Ford would stand behind me and rectified what was clearly a defective mechanism. After several months of back and forth and Ford stringing me along ultimately they would not provide ANY assistance. Worse multiple requests for them to provide that decision in writing were simply ignored. I have never been so appalled at a major corporation's lack of professionalism in handling a customer service issue. My experience with them has left me realizing that FORD is a two-bit company not interested in customer service or standing behind their product. FORD NEVER AGAIN.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information