Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
Ford Cars and Trucks
3.50/5

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

1296 Ford Cars and Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Diff heater went... Had replaced... Over $1,000. Found out it was a recall online. Call to see about refund in March. They said had to do it before 12-31-2018. Have receipt showing it was done in Oct... Have 5 Fords. 2014 Taurus --- fine. 2014 Flex ---- door sensors bad alarm keeps going off!!! 2011 F-350 diesel 6.7 motor blew up 10,000 miles past warranty. Cost new motor over $10,000. 2013 E-250 van rear end went 49 miles before warranty was over. Thank God. Rusting like crazy. All door hinges broke. Steering box gone. I think I'm done with Ford. They do not stand behind their company and when you call customer service they do not understand what you are talking about. Are rude and what better way for them to get you off the phone!!!! Very, very sad!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was excited to purchase my brand new F350 Super Duty. It came fully loaded and could tow like no other. Yesterday driving home with a trailer full of horses I experienced what has been known as THE FORD DEATH WOBBLE. We were driving around 65mph on a four line highway when we hit a small dip in the road. The wheels on the front end felt like they were coming off the truck, braking made it worse. We pulled over and when we slowed to around 5mph it went away. I called Ford customer service to file a complaint and they were HORRIBLE.

I requested a supervisor and was told none was available. I then called the national highway safety board and filed a complaint and got a case number. I then checked the internet and found 2000 plus complaints. Same issue. Ford acts like I was the only one with this issue. For the $80,000.00 I sure you could by a Dodge or Chevy that will not have this issue. SO DISAPPOINTED. We have owned over 20 trucks in our history and have never run into such a poor customer service experience as with Ford Customer Service.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Edge ST and it's already been to the dealership twice. Neither of which they have confirmed anything (on paper). My transmission gets to 3rd gear then comes out of gear, continuing to rev, before finally kicking over to 4th gear after a couple of seconds. Same gear, every time. First time I took it in (January 2019), they said the tech couldn't duplicate it, so I took him for a drive. He saw what it was doing but because his little laptop didn't show anything, he wrote on the work order he couldn't confirm the issue. They cleared the adaptive learning it apparently has and all was fine for a couple of weeks. Then, same gear, same issue. Took it back (March 2019). Same response - can't confirm and it's not throwing a code soooo... here I sit. It also jumps forward when trying to slow down (ie pull into parking spot or stop sign) but I won't even make the attempt to get them to duplicate that issue.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have owned this vehicle which is a 2017 for one year. In that time I have had to replace the fuel system twice. Once for a catastrophic fuel pump failure. The other 1600 miles later. Ford swears it’s contaminated fuel. I believe it was done because the the repair was not completed correctly by Ford Motor Company. Ford will not back or stand behind their product. I will never purchase another Ford again.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Ford Flex SE 4dr Crossover 2013 car and I am experiencing for the 2nd time a door ajar issue. I fixed one door already and now a 2nd door is having the issue. Not a big problem but it triggers the alarm to go off randomly. And of course it goes off in the middle of the night 2 am, 5 am, it's 3 nights in a row!!! I chatted with Ford and they took my feedback and ignored my issue. Online there are tons people experiencing this issue and Ford does not care or do a recall or fix it!!! WOW. Such terrible service. I have been a Ford driver for 30 years but this will be my last Ford!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: March 25, 2019

My husband and I went to a dealership 3 years and 1 month ago and paid $30,000 we didn't have to buy a truck for him to get to and from work in. He drives a lot for work, so we needed something tough and reliable. He takes good care of his things and always changes the oil and keeps up on regular maintenance. We have to take the truck now to get emissions done so that we can renew the tags, but can't do that because it's got about 6 big issues and we will have to pay $4000.00 to get it fixed. We can't trade it in, because they don't want the piece of crap either and we can't afford more payments to start over. His last truck was a salvage title pos, but it ran without too many issues for 8 years and we only paid $2400 for it. I don't know what we're going to do, but we will never buy another Ford.

Original review: March 21, 2019

This car can accelerate and stick at ANY given time! My car also sticks in Reverse, in the middle of the road. It shimmers, shudders, grinds, rattles, shifts when it wants and doesn't want and slips! How could they NOT possible return all of these vehicles, smash them and grind them like they did to "Christine" at the end!? These are death trap cars and are unsafe... Shame on Ford. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! Now, I am stuck in this car, hoping and praying that nothing bad happens. All they do is lie after lie and say it's "normal" just so they don't have to fix it under the lemon law. You are worse than Chevy and Toyota!

Original review: March 21, 2019

My car is currently disabled from driving due to a severe transmission clutch shudder. I have been told many different things in regards to my vehicle by your customer service team. I also found that they had very limited empathy to the fact that my car was so significantly impacted by a clear manufactory issue that I almost got into a significant accident and was fearful for my life while driving it recently.

My car first experienced the shudder after a year of driving it. It was attempted to be fixed in February 2017 for the exact issue. The problem subsided for awhile, and then gradually came back. The first dealership that tried to fix the issue was All American Ford in Old Bridge, NJ. The people here were competent and were helpful, because they were reimbursed by Ford for their service.

The shudder returned of course. I went to a Ford dealership in Lakewood, NJ. Called Larsen Ford to see if they could look at the continuing issue. The service advisor Dave ** who I met with didn’t greet me. Another employee said hello and acknowledged me. Told me to sit in front of Dave. I sat in front of Dave, who didn’t even look at me while he was on his computer.

After, I guess looking into my VIN number finally addressed I was sitting there in front of him. Discussed with me that I had no available warranty on my car in regards to the transmission clutch shudder issue, and then stated that it might not be transmission clutch shudder issue without even looking at my car. I felt he didn’t even discuss or look at my car because he knew it wasn’t going to be reimbursed by Ford. He also made me feel like I lacked intelligence, probably because I am a woman and acted like I knew nothing in regards to the car’s issue when in fact it’s hard not to know since Ford is currently being sued for the issue. I quickly left there.

In between finding another dealership to help fix the problem, my car was completely affected by the transmission clutch shudder issue. It was terrifying driving it while this Accord, and a giant truck almost plowed into me, because the car jerked forward and back with acceleration and also when braking. It was brought to All American Ford in Point Pleasant, NJ where it is currently sitting because Ford does not want to take responsibility for their poor design manufacturing issue by placing a clutch system that burns off. My car is not currently being worked on, because Ford states that only certain cars can receive the extended warranty under the Customer Satisfaction Program 14M01 - Supplement #6.

The customer “satisfaction” program has not satisfied this customer. In trying to reach out to your customer care representatives was even worse than dealing with the dealerships. I spoke to multiple representatives who had a difficult time understanding my English pronunciation and each told me different things: 3/15/19 - Jane told me that when requesting to speak with a supervisor it was pointless, because they will tell me the same thing. She was also unable to tell me exactly why my car was not covered under the warranty hence why I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She did note to request a supervisor to contact me in a business day.

3/18/19 - I did not receive a phone call from a supervisor, so I called back again. I spoke with a John who told me that a supervisor placed a call however he couldn’t tell me when or what number so that I could make sure to answer. No supervisor of course was available. I asked to make a FM360 claim, he said only a supervisor could do that. Requested a supervisor to call me back. In addition, told me that dealerships can talk to Ford corporation in regards to reimbursement of warranty funds. 3/19/19 - A supervisor called me at 7:00 pm, however I was eating dinner with family after a long day at work.

3/20/19 - Spoke to Gail a supervisor who informed me that the warranty is not covered for me because my car was made in October 2013 not in June 2013 (only a couple months later). I expressed my concerns since it's the same exact transmission clutch shudder issue attempted to be fixed the first time, and why are only certain lucky Ford owners experiencing the same issue the only ones privileged to be reimbursed.

In addition, she informed me that previous representatives could have filed a FM360 claim even though they told me a supervisor could. I also asked why the TMZ module is covered, however the clutches aren’t. She could not answer that question. She kept on repeating herself, talking over me in a scripted manner, and did not address my specific questions. I requested to speak to another supervisor other than Gail, and she denied my request. I kept on clarifying her statements and requesting for her to note to speak to another supervisor in case they had other information. In short, she denied my request and hung up on me.

Ford has not rectified their design manufacturing mistake and would like to make their customers pay out of pocket for their error. I have a car that is not even 5 years old in which I have to pay $2000 for. I have paid for new tires, oil changes, and checks. I have made sure my car is updated on my end. My car is not driveable and I have to spend every day speaking to your employees who don’t want to help. In addition, due to research and speaking with Ford dealerships the problem will still continue even if the clutches are replaced.

Ford has a responsibility to their customers and to keep them safe. They have designed and made unsafe vehicles and are unwilling to help out ALL of their customers. I hoping that someone will be in contact with me in regards to my issue. I am requesting that my current Ford dealership be reimbursed for the clutches. I am told that even if they replace the TMZ module, the car will not drive without the clutches being replaced. Someone needs to rectify the issue.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The Transit Connect wagon is a surprisingly well appointed mini van costing much less than the competitors. This vehicle has been a big hit in Europe for several years and is now breaking into the US market. It has great visibility, a very responsive engine, and plenty of room for 6 passengers. It drives and handles well. I especially like that the back seats fold down flat. We can safely haul our 4 dogs in 4 midsize hard shell dog crates (two side by side in the back, and two facing either sliding side doors) and still have room for gear and luggage. I’m very fond of the wireless cellphone cubby in the dash, no changing cables! It has separate climate controls and comfortable heated seats for the driver and front passenger.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When I leased my 18 Escape I immediately noticed the variable transmission was shifting strangely. It is one of the new versions that pause when you are stopped at a light. However it was banging into gear at times. I brought it in, they did some work on it, and when I left the problem was still there. I went back to the dealership the next day, drove with the service advisor (very nice guy), and was told that is actually the way it should be working. At that point accepted my poor purchase and moved on. Fast forward 6 months later the car is now lurching forward as it shifts into gears at sporadic times. Totally unsafe, not sure what to do. Does anyone else have this issue?

Original review: March 14, 2019

We are an HVAC company that has bought many Fords currently and in the past. Lately, these Ford vehicles have not held up very well. We recently had a 2014 van with 43k need a new transmission. The Ford warranty expired 1 month ago. Ford has declined to stand behind their products and will not pay any of the repair. I have contacted Ford Customer Care and they just tell me it's out of warranty. They made a case #, denied the case, and didn't even tell me. Their customer service is extremely poor. When I call, I fight through several automated prompts, usually get transferred a couple of times and battle a communication barrier with the reps. This will be the last Ford we purchase!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Have 26k miles on the car and it constantly needs jumped. Took my car in 3 times still no resolution. Asked for a loaner and got nothing. My Dodge Nitro with 190K miles was more reliable than this Explorer. Regret this purchase and I will never buy another Ford!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have been a Ford truck for for many years. 7.3s 460s, etc. I have been told to stay away from 6.0 Fords. Since my background includes being a Master Auto and Truck Technician. I have been working mainly on customer's vehicles. My personal experience started when I was in the market for a parts truck with a 6.0. I bought a theft recovery low miles 2006 F350 Lariat that was ransacked, stripped and ditched off road. I bought it for $2500. After feeling sorry for that poor thing, I've decided to rebuild it with parts that was just sitting in my possession.

After extensive repairing of chopped wiring harnesses, replacing of missing parts and having it recertified and then upgrading with EGR delete, programmer, cooling system low temp modifications, upgraded turbo and servicing with premium fluids. Adding 1 quart of ATF at every fillup. Fast forward 30k miles and 3 yrs of use. This is the best Ford I owned. It even runs better than my 05 Ram 3500 Cummins (48re transmission is nowhere close to the Ford's 5r110).

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I am on my 3rd Ford Vehicle. The first 2 were used and had issues. I thought if I bought new and kept up with maintenance it would last... I was wrong! Under 7 years old and 53,000 miles, I have a list of issues and Ford does not stand behind their product. The Dealership charges absorbent fees just to look at the issues, not even fix them. They really know how to push away customers. I took my car to another auto shop and I am now excited to buy my first Toyota. Don't buy Ford. You will regret it. I do.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I manage and run F-450 & F-550 trucks in extremely harsh environments. I can tell you for absolute certainty that if you maintain these trucks according and utilize the V10 gas engines you will get a very long life put of this piece of equipment. The number of fools that feel they need a diesel truck is shocking. I have extensive fleet Management experience and can assure you that for most of you buying a diesel is not a good idea. The modern emissions standards put on diesel engines ensures poor reliably and efficiency in comparison to the gas engines. For you sensible folks that want a durable and reliable machine, the V10 engine is all that you can ask for, just remember these are work trucks not mini vans.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My 2007 Ford Edge was flawless which led my current 2018 Edge SEL. From the start, the front brakes grab and surge. Dealer has not been able to find/fix problem. In Winter conditions, they go into anti skid mode immediately. In Winter conditions, wiper blades park below any heated portion of the windshield, accrue ice and snow and fail to clean. Blades ices up most of the time.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I don't understand about how ford treats people that buy their car and just looks over it and don't do anything my self and have to fix things and on warranty. I don't understand why they treated me so bad and that people get stuck with a bill that your vehicles do work right and the transmission on my vehicles and you just don't care and your product make me not believe in you and hurts that I have family that works for Ford Motor Company and my father retired from your company.

I am very upset and don't understand why you just make a vehicle and stand by your vehicles and your not and only out for your self and not for myself and other customers that buy vehicles from you and your gonna hurt so many. And this is not a good thing for you and I am not threatening you I am just voicing point on my vehicles that I have bought from Ford Motor Company. I don't know why you do this to your customers and also myself and the review people use will get back to you and you see what going on and hopefully you will stand by your vehicle and understand why your vehicle are hurting other and take care of the problems with your transmission and other things that go wrong with your vehicles. And show what things that you do to have to take off work and miss a day a work and not get paid and struggles with your vehicle and my as too. I will keep up the reviews.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Before I retired we purchased a new 2014 Ford Edge. At 32,000 miles and 3 years old we had paint bubbling on the passenger side rear door where the door skin is crimped around the door shell. I took it to our local Ford dealership and it was scheduled in the body shop for a repair. Once completed it looked great. However, being a mechanic and building and painting street rods, I feared the corrosion would return. I voiced my concerns and was told the repair was guaranteed. At 39,000 miles and less than a year I returned to the dealership with more corrosion than ever.

The dealership took photos and submitted them to Ford who denied any warranty. I contacted Ford and was told it had to have rust holes to be covered. I'm so picky with my vehicles. I was furious. This was the first new Ford product I have purchased only because my wife wanted it. I am a 60 year old long time GM man. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER NEW FORD PRODUCT!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Purchased a 2018 Mustang GT. 6 speed, manual. I noticed transmission failure about 6,000 to 7000 miles. Took it to two different Ford dealers because the first Ford dealer tried to charge me. The second Ford dealer did the work and did it under warranty but advised me but if it happened again it would be coming out of my pocket regardless of my warranties. Very nice car but warning you will be spending more money on it even though you have a warranty and it is a brand new car. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. After the purchase, I had problems with the transmission. Further research turned up that Ford is well aware of this problem and extended a warranty for 7 years or 100,000 miles to replace the transmission. I purchased the car just AFTER the 7 year mark. Ford has been unwilling to repair this well known problem. How as a company, when you know you have put out a faulty product do you not stand behind it and repair it? This is in excess of $3,000 to repair myself.

Additionally, Ford customer service and consumer affairs were rude and not at all helpful. When I called them they told me since it was beyond the 7 years they would not help. I asked for a supervisor and they told me no, that the supervisor was just going to tell me the same thing anyways. I then filed a complaint with the BBB. When Ford called to respond to that, they called from a blocked number and left a quick message, basically saying that they did extend the warranty and it's basically my fault I didn't repair it in that time (even though I didn't have the car at that time). They were very rude and left no way for me to call them back to actually speak to them. Horrible car and horrible company! STAY AWAY FROM FORD!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have had over 5 Ford vehicles in my lifetime and owned 3 within the last 5 years. However, that will change after this ordeal. Summer of 2018 I've purchased a 2018 Mustang GT. Very nice car, good performance, all that I needed, right? Wrong! Around 7K miles, shifting from one gear to another became difficult. So I took it over to dealership where I purchased at for them to honor the warranty. They did but it took nearly two months for them to complete due various reasons. So I contacted the Ford company itself to see if could help me in some way to compensate me for the loss of use as well as a form of guarantee that the vehicle could go on for many miles more and years to come.

At first, the initial Ford rep was very responsive and willing to provide several solutions to my issue. Therefore, he escalated to the regional rep within Maryland. The Maryland rep was the total opposite, she was belligerent, refusing to offer even the least bit of assistance. She went on to make it appear the fault of someone hitting me in the back (Which was a minor accident) for which was not concluded to cause the transmission issue. The issue concerned an inferior part which had to be replaced.

I graduated with a degree in Automotive Technology so I clearly understood that it was a failure in the shift fork which slide the release bearing back and forth on the input shaft, thus engaging of disengaging the clutch and flywheel connected to the pressure plate! It would have to be a severe accident which would have to somehow dislodge the engine and transmission bell housing to disturb that specific internal part!!

Although, I have some unresolved issues with the dealership, they did a good job with the repair as far as I can tell so far. However, when one drops nearly $45k on a car they don't expect it to fail two months later in such a huge way which requires a complete teardown. So with all this said, I'm going back to Chevy and Nissan for now on.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Ford has great salespeople. When they are trying to sell you they are the best cars on the market. But as soon as something goes wrong nothing is covered by the warranty. They had an excuse for everything.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

2008 super duty diesel super cab. 60,700 miles. Body mount bushing rotting away cause radiator to rest on frame broken end tank. Brake calipers replaced third time now, truck sits in a heated garage. Ford knows of all these issues and will not do a recall on faulty materials. I've had Ford cars and trucks since 1975. The newer they get the cheaper their built, the more they cost. I won't buy another. Send out a recall on the cheap Wear out in time not usage parts body mount bushings. Stop using pencil erasers for rubber. A block of wood can last longer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Bought truck new in 2014, just after 3 years paint started peeling like a bad cancer. Truck is a highway princess platinum edition Took to 3 different auto body shops and they said definite QAQC problem from new, no primer and paint too thin. Ford will do nothing, customer service is horrible. I’ve been a die hard Ford lover, bought 3 new F350s in my life and after this disgusting experience will be the last. My company also owns several but will no longer be purchasing any more.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Let this be a lesson to any prospective buyers, DO NOT BUY FORD. This has been the biggest piece of junk that I have ever had the displeasure of driving. Bought it used in late 2015, still had the original warranty on it thank God! Within one week of purchase, the transmission had to have nineteen (19) parts replaced. There have been numerous check engine lights and warning lights since this. Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, front passenger side lower control arm went out after a little over 60,000 miles ($400 and up fix if you get it from Ford/3rd Party).

Now the Sync system has completely failed. No audio from voice activation, SiriusXM, CD player, MP3, Phone or AUX. Nothing has worked. Pulled the battery, disconnected at the neutral connection to the frame. Pulled the fuse and still nothing. Learned there was an extension for the APIM module, that should fix this problem, but it expired in 2015! Ford is completely ridiculous and they will never get another penny from me. As soon as possible this P.O.S. is getting traded and I plan on never even looking at Ford again as a reputable manufacturer. I hope that this will give some of you an idea of what to look forward to should you purchase one or if you own one, what is to come. Run away, fast!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I purchased my 2018 Ford F150 FX4 Off Road in August 2018. Since then I have received 2 recall notices. The ten speed transmission constantly shifting on the slightest incline and 3x in the last month, the engine revved up on it own traveling at a speed of < 10 mph. I'm not sure what is causing this problem but I'm sure if I take it in, I'll be told they can't duplicate it. I'll wait and see what happens.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

2016 Ford Edge Titanium - this is my everyday commuter vehicle and I have to say that the overall driving experience, quality and features available at this price point is very disappointing. At ~ 40,000km I had the brake pads replaced and rotors machined which was surprising because I’m very easy on the brakes. At 45,000km my sunroof malfunctioned/wouldn’t close so it had to be replaced. The dealer broke my sunshade while replacing my sunroof so it had to be replaced. The icing on the cake was that the back window shattered for no reason (I literally mean no reason!) at 88,000km. I’ve owned several good/reliable Ford vehicles (08 Ford Escape Limited, 2013 Taurus SHO, and 2007 Ford F-150 FX4) and I can’t believe how much the quality has declined. This has been a very disappointing and regrettable purchase for me. There are lots of vehicles in this segment where you get more bang for your buck. Stay away from the Edge!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We have had to dump so much money and time into this car!! Radiator, heater core, thermostat, and many more to no avail because it still hardly pumps out much heat! And now the tranny! Without notice on a public road on a freezing rain, winter night! Thanks Ford!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned Lincoln with 10,000 miles. Took the car in 3-4 times over 3 years for the SAME issue and they were not able to duplicate. Then, after warranty expires, they identify the issue and the bill is mine because they don't support it any longer. This is negligence and a lack of customer service completely. Ironically, I was just considering doing a trade in to another Lincoln before all this transpired. Back to Honda I go.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The sync has never worked in the Ford. The dealer seems to be no help. I also hit a bird and it caused $3000 in damage to the front. They said they fixed it. USAA would said there was $1k deductible because it was an animal. Other cars would not get totaled by a bird. Now, they say there is a coolant leak. Should have bought a car that was not built so cheap.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information