2.46/5
Based on 48 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

50 GulfStream Coach RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am very disappointed about a 50,000 dollar purchase made by myself and my husband. Product named Trailmaster by GulfStream a new Unit Towable Class 1. I have contacted service at GulfStream multiple times with my complaints about terrible quality within my trailer. On the walls and wood areas there are terrible defects as in wood chipping, holes in the wood that are not suppose to be there. The walls are all covered in holes with fillers and are very visible. They are not willing to give me another trailer the same as this or to even get some service to repair damage done by their own corporation. Something needs to be done about this for customer service is an important factor to the purchaser. I am angry and hope that I do not have to get a lawyer or sue this corporation.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a 23RSS Crimson and Cream Vintage Cruiser in January of 2018 In Oregon for nearly $30K. It came to me with some warranty issues and though the distributor I purchased from did try to fix one major problem, it didn't work and that was the door. Below is a list of items that need to be fixed, still. I'm traveling with it and find it's very difficult to find anyone to do warranty work. I'm currently in New Mexico where Gulf Stream has zero distributors. I'm so disappointed because my belief was Gulf Stream was the superior manufacturer.

1. Air conditioner spits out tiny metal fragments. Also, it doesn’t cool the bedroom area. And the vent slide, on the bottom doesn’t. 2. Water leak under the bed storage area, right rear side, odor of mold/mildew now present. 3. Electric Jack failed and I had no way to disengage from the truck. Another person in the RV Park, helped me find the problem and do a temporary fix. It still needs to be replaced or fixed 100%. 4. The light over sink failed, but it's not a bulb, I've no way of knowing how to fix it. 5. Carbon Monoxide/propane alarm began blasting at 2:30 am. I could find NO way to stop it. Push the button to reset, lasted for a total of 4 minutes then had to be pushed over and over and over. So I removed the front part and cut the hot wire to hit. Needs to be replaced. 6. Door, as well as the screen door does not hang correctly, big gaps allows for heat and cold to escape and invade.

7. Spray attachment, on the outside, appears to be missing a piece? It won’t connect. 8. Table is too narrow to be able to use as a bed. It collapses and does not fit into the opening it is suppose to go in to. 10. Awning appears now goes out, when the IN button is pushed and visa-versa. It didn't use to be that way. Again, I am so disappointed in the workmanship of this trailer. Including the lack of finished wood, inside the cupboards and closets which I discovered with more than one giant splinter in my fingers.

11. In the beginning the toilet refused to allow paper and water down. Eventually, I found a plastic kind of cage(?) in the throat of the toilet/neck of the tube to the black tank. After breaking lose the fingers of the "cage", I've no longer had any problems. I'd like to know what on earth that was? 12. The bottom of a kitchen drawer, simply fell out. There are only 2 drawers... This was the bottom one.

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I like the amount of space that it has. Very easy to drive with amazing gas mileage. The appliances are new and easy to clean. The shower is large and as well as the bedroom. Lots of storage and seating. I wouldn't change much, just maybe the color of the carpeting and the front seats. Also, I would put a better sound system in for whole driving. I would also like to have a tv in the bedroom and a little larger hot water heater.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Looking for something big like home feel and GulfStream Coach RV has everything. It also has a long history. This RV is huge in like being in double wide trailer and inside has the feeling of real home. So nice you could live it as a home. Wouldn't change anything inside but maybe a different color outside. It has been fun.

Original review: May 4, 2018

GulfStream help me as a family to travel long distances and enjoy every moment of the trip. What I liked most is the acceleration in the improvements of the car system and services to improve superior good value. It's the best of the world.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: April 29, 2018

Our family has been using this company for a very long time. So far they have not let me down. I like that they have consistent quality, so I know the value I am getting for the money and it's a lot so I kind of expect it. I wish they weren't so expensive to maintain and operate but I don't think much can be done about the MPG. I would also like to make the beds more softer or more options for bedding.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Bought a GulfStream Conquest Class C Motorhome from in Tennessee because we loved the design and features. We found water leak in bedroom closet... Bubbled out... Took to a dealer which we bought elsewhere. GulfStream would never get back to you as a professional company does. I would have to call back after couple weeks then I would get excuses, so I would wait. Call back again and more excuses why no return call. So the other dealer we took to said looks like from manufacturing problem... That it had been leaking while on lot for sale and caused the aluminum to pit from inside out and just started showing signs to us. Unpleasant and terrible. Would not recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love everything about GulfStream Coach RV. I love their customer service, their prices are fair, and their financing is better than other RV companies out there. They also offer the specs that I am looking for in a RV. Their specs are perfect for my family and the slide outs were easy to use for myself as a single mother. All electric was very easy to start and use for me, it's been easy to get items repaired as needed and I haven't had any leaks. I rented one of their RVs from a rental place and fell in love right away. Amazing company with amazing people.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I bought an RV at Ron Hoover, Boerne. Sevice was great right up until I paid cash for my purchase. I pointed out a loose showerhead before leaving, which they tightened. By the time I got home the showerhead had come loose again due to the fact that it was screwed into 1/8” panelling... no support behind the panelling. I tightened it again, but it pulled out of the wall after just three showers taken. I noticed that the whole panel, to which the showered AND the faucet were attached, had no support behind it. In other words, the faucet and shower head were attached to a 1/8" piece of flimsy, paper-thin paneling. The 1" long screws for the showerhead could barely grab anything, since only one-eighth of the screw had anything to grab onto.

Ron Hoover refused to take care of the problem, or to even address it as a problem, turning it over to GulfStream as a warranty issue. I sent videos showing that the wall would move in and out more than an inch, and showing the shower connection dangling by the screws. GulfStream refused to call this a faulty issue. No reputable builder would ever attach a shower head to a 1/8" piece of unsupported panelling. No reputable builder would attach ANY plumbing to such an unstable piece of wallboard. No human being with basic knowledge of physics and gravity would secure ANYTHING to a thin piece of paneling, unless of course it was done with tape, and the item was not to be used, especially as plumbing.

After the screws pulled loose, only due to the pressure of the water, there were holes in the wall that would allow water seepage, eventual water damage and eventual mold problems. GulfStream does not see this as a problem. Additionally, when I turned on the water in the kitchen sink, the kitchen faucet jumped out of its socket and water sprayed all over the wall and the window. The dealership DID send me a new faucet to install myself. I don't believe GulfStream is a reputable business if they can accept this poor workmanship as representative of their work.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I chose GulfStream over others because of the good feedback that I got from the people who already bought RVs from them. Their customer service is second to none and they always try to make you happy. I liked that it's a leading manufacturer of a full range of RV products that was founded and is still owned by the Shea family, originating in the small community in Indiana. I hope they could perhaps lower their prices or offer more financing options for folks with good credit history like myself.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I love high quality RVs and never settle for inferior design or performance capabilities because for me it's not worth it at all to be upset with the interior design or performance capabilities of my chosen RV. GulfStream has comprehensive attention to details and reliable performance capabilities that would accommodate me and my family well while we'll be taking a long distance travelling journey around the country or abroad.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The RV is equipped with so many features, kitchen, bathroom, bed. I've dreamed about owning one since was a kid, taking trips cross country, telling stories, traveling with family and friends. I love the fact that I can fit a big flat screen TV, my grill gas, room for football tailgates. I love the price, the brand, gas mileage. But I'm really not impressed with the color. The maintenance is going to be a problem, along with keeping it clean. Not enough space for extra family members.

Original review: March 22, 2018

GulfStream customer service representatives were great to work with, they could sense that we weren't completely happy with our shopping experience, but they tried their best to help us out. We ended up purchasing from them and got most of what we needed. Some of the things we factored in were the plumbing, the size of the beds, the type of beds if either roll back or solid, whether or not it had air conditioning, how large the showers were, and if the cab was spacious. What I don't like about the RV is the gas mileage was horrible, but we expected that. The colors were slim to choose from and the reception with the antenna wasn't as well as we would have wished it could have been.

Original review: March 21, 2018

GulfStream RVs are built very well and require the minimum amount of maintenance. My experience with this RV has been really enjoyable and has required very little effort on my part for anything. They are very manageable on the road and can be easily towed by just about any vehicle other than small passenger vehicles. They are also very easy to set up at the campsite. I have had mine for over 5 years now and I haven't had to get any kind of service outside of the required maintenance and safety precautions. They are very easy to maintain and will last you a lifetime.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I need a lot of space, since when I travel I like to take my dogs. Their breed are really huge but they're my babies so they always go camping with us. But GulfStream should make the RVs much bigger with more amenities. Also, the table size needs an improvement, and how the mattresses are. Other than that it's great. I would recommend it to all my friends and family since they're always asking if it's super comfy for camping and road trips with the entire family.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I like this manufacturer because they make recreational vehicles that are very high quality. They are always up to date with their safety standards in their vehicles. They provide cutting-edge technology and features in their vehicles. Their style and design are top of the notch. I love their comfort. I am completely happy with my RV. It has went up and beyond for what I wanted and needed. I love using it and just enjoying all of its features. My overall experience has all been positive. I can always know that my family and I are safe when riding in this.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I chose GulfStream over the other options on the lot because it seemed like a much better value for the price than the others. GulfStream make and sell high quality recreational vehicles. I feel comfortable and safe in my GulfStream recreational vehicle while traveling and camping. I wish they offered more affordable financing options as well as better trade in values on older models. I would get a newer recreational vehicle if they did.

Original review: March 13, 2018

GulfStream is a high quality company that has great customer service. Top notch service. Staff is great and helpful. They do not pressure you into any unwanted services. They have a variety of RVs to choose from. The RVs are state of the art with the best technology available. Best quality out on the market. If there is one dislike it would be the newest models being priced highly.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have a good overall experience with GulfStream RV. Since I bought I haven't had any major problem with it. It's easy to drive and has a good engine size and power. Very smooth transmission. Inside cabin is very well design with a lot of stuff that make the RV comfortable for the whole family. The RV is very spacious and has nice interior design that is very modern. However, interior parts tend to get loose and make a lot noise while driving. It needs a more comfortable chair for driving long distance trips. Engine is difficult to reach to routine maintenance.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I received the 2006 RV Gulf Stream for a loaner since I was homeless. Ever since I have received it I have had nothing but problems from leaking around the slide outs in the shower to faucet issues, door lock issues and really bad electrical problems. I could keep on going but don't think there is enough space to list everything. From day one I've been wanting to write Gulf Stream and complain but haven't had the chance since I am so busy fixing all the problems wrong with my Gulf Stream.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We bought our Vintage Cruiser 19ERD new in May 2015 and love it. We pull it with ease using our Honda Odyssey. The trailer is very stable. We have travelled over 10,000 miles with our rig and it really has been a piece of cake. Gulf Stream has been very responsive to anything we needed. We couldn't be happier with our cruiser, and ownership has been completely enjoyable.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We were newbies to the RV world 9 months ago. We purchased a Gulf Stream 2018 19 RBS Vintage Cruiser Woody Edition. We have put 2,500 miles on so far and have been very pleased. I would definitely buy again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Gulf Stream 2016 Vintage Cruiser 19RBS - After 2+ years, dozens & dozens of campgrounds around the USA, and well over 18,000 miles, my wife and I find this travel trailer to be very dependable and make us smile every day we use it. Not that there aren't small issues occasionally, but overall... it's great. The retro look is something that starts a conversation at every campground. People are just naturally attracted to the retro style and come up to us, (wanting to see it closer) and ask questions. We love it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We had trouble with our flush lights in ceiling going out and the lights over our island. Gulfstream didn't care. Somebody told me there was a recall. I hope not because if something serious happens they will be sorry. Also leaks that caused floor to be replaced. Full of black mold. Wondering if walls are like that and hope nobody gets sick. Stairs fell off on entry when my husband was coming in. They didn't seemed concerned. Didn't tell us there was a recall. Sent us a set and they weren't the right kind. Said that's all they had. Told us we would have to rip up the threshold but didn't offer to pay for it. Do not buy from Gulfstream. They don't care. Hope there are no health issues.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Gulfstream 2018 Kingsport travel trailer - If I could give this trailer less than 1 star I would do so. The quality of the workmanship in the bathroom is absolutely low quality. There leaks everywhere. Just when you think you have one stopped another one pops up. The caulking does not prevent water from seeping through and going down. The person who built the shower put finishing nails in the panels! Are you kidding me??? The walls move when you go take a shower which allows the water to run down and due to NO Caulk, water is there. The bunk beds were built for someone that is a toddler to use. The top bunk had no open window and there was about 10-11" of allowance between the mattress and the ceiling. The builder put a light overhead - can you imagine the heat that person would receive and not have air.

The air conditioner is acting like it is trying to go out. This trailer is brand new. We are the original owners and the quality that should be behind the Gulfstream RV is very, very poor and the owner of the company should be held accountable. Better yet, the CEO should take one of these out into the woods with the family and try to "camp" for 2 weeks. I am sure things would be adjusted at that point. HORRIBLE QUALITY - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TRAVEL TRAILER.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We found water leak in bedroom closet... Bubbled out... Took to a dealer which we bought elsewhere… Kamper City in Peninsula, Ohio but they would never get back to you as a professional company does. I would have to call back after couple weeks then I would get excuses, so I would wait. Call back again and more excuses why no return call. So the other dealer we took to said looks like from manufacturing problem... That it had been leaking while on lot for sale and caused the aluminum to pit from inside out and just started showing signs to us.

They (Gulf Stream) said not their fault. We had bought new in 2012 and this happened in 2014. Insurance would not pay because it was a manufacturing problem. To say the least... We had fixed problem, but have just found several more the same way this year, plus other things that was poorly done. We do preventive maintenance and this should not happen... Put together very cheap and half **. Gulf Stream themselves don't have very good ways of talking with you and at least trying to address or admitting it was their fault.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

First of all, I find the commercials regarding R.V.s sickening. What ever positive they portray can be far over shadowed by the poor, (no) bad, (no) lack of quality. I bought a 1999 42 foot Gulfstream from the Show in St. Louis in 2000. It's too much to list the careless quality of this thing and the war I had to go through to get the company to address the problem. More importantly here is why the quality is bad as explained to me back then. Things might have changed, but I doubt it. I worked on it for 5 months straight and then sold it. At the factory, then and probably still, it was explained to me that particular tasks on the assembly process are allowed a certain amount of time to complete. Here is the problem! If you can "finish" the job sooner, you get paid for the entire job process, and then you can go home!

I ask about quality control, the guy said people/ customers have different opinions of quality! Really? So if I am too stupid to realize things actually should work, then that's good for their bottom line! Regarding GulfStream too bad there is not a lower than one star available. There was another review where the person said they knew of a positive history of GulfStream. I would expect they are confusing the brand with Airsteam. Little play on words on GulfStream's part.

In 2009, I got back in again, only this time it was a Jayco Seneca ZX toy hauler. My theory was because it was a Chevy truck with a coach on back at least the truck would be no worse than anything off of an assembly line. The truck was OK, sort of, several automotive issues, the coach portion was not. But at least there was less to deal with, because these people at the factory touched less things. So, not that there was less problems, there was just less square feet for them to do a bad job at, and also less complex. I did not give up on this one. I worked on and off for 2 1/2 years fixing things, like filling up holes to keep dirt and mice out, chasing a water leak from the shower and kitchen sink, plumbing changes to keep the fresh water from draining into the toilet, tailgate lift failed and self-destructed while on a trip and cost $900 to get fixed.

I would like to see 60 Minutes do a segment on R.V.s but leave out the warm and fuzzies. Maybe interview the people that retired, sold their house for a motorhome and then lived on the factory parking lot for 9 months while they fixed the problems. If that was to happen, bad press for Indiana. There may be good products out there today. How do you know for sure? Reviews? Really??? It would be a roll of the dice. Do you feel lucky?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Growing up in Indiana Gulf Stream RVs were always considered the (Elite) Campers. Simply because that's all that my parents would purchase. And as I read about all of these complaints about their lack of quality and customer service it sickens me! I purchased a Conquest 268RBK in 2014 and have had my share of problems as well: Wiring, Weak spots in the floor, factory labels incorrect. So if their family owned and take pride in their name and company why does it seem that getting rate at the end of the day or getting done as quick as they can slap them together by the end of the week to be their number one priority? You’re a better company than that and you know you are! Get it together Gulf Stream before there isn't any orders to slap together! And it will happen faster than you think at the rate you going!

Original review: July 15, 2017

My wife and I bought a Gulf Stream Conquest Class C Motorhome from Century RV in Colorado because we loved the design and features. We bought off season and took the motorhome out on a shakeout trip before other RV'ers could load up the dealership's repair schedule. We found a long list of manufacture defects that included a shower door frame that wasn't sealed (allowing water to run out over the tub and under the wall), a missing screen door latch cover, loose screws buried in sealant, blocked a/c vents, trim falling off, backsplash coming down, stripped screws on the microwave mount and stove cabinet.

I wrote the company, who emailed that they'd forwarded my issues to their QA department and management, and that everything was covered under warranty. After getting initial issues handled by the dealership under warranty, we have spent the summer repairing and identifying more manufacturing problems, but we'll have to wait until the off-season to get many of them fixed. We don't see other Conquests on the road, despite stays across the west and Yellowstone in RV parks. That's probably enough of a hint as to quality. We still love the design, and the E-450 chassis is fantastic, but we don't recommend the manufacturer.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I went to take a look at the roof tonight. We did buy Thai camper brand new in June of 2016. It's July of 2017 now. I noticed a lot of water running down the drip rail. I went up to see what it was. I look and see that an area about 5x5 was all bubbled and if I pushed on it was cracking. The seam was splitting under the rubber membrane. I checked the rest of the roof and food spots all over with the same condition. I have contacted the manufacturer and the dealer. So hopefully we get something fixed.

GulfStream Coach RV expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.

• Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.

• Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.

• Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.

• Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.

• Best for: vacationers who want a new RV.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information

gulfstreamrvtrailers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business