3.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

57 GulfStream Coach RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We were looking for a well built, lightweight travel trailer to tow behind our Toyota 4Runner and we found what we were looking for in the GulfStream Vintage Cruiser 19CSK. We only took three trips before winter set in, but all three trips were great. Wonderful towing with a sway stabilizer hitch and great amenities. Roomy for a small trailer with excellent headroom, I am 6'5" tall and have headroom throughout, even in the shower. I would highly recommend this trailer if you're looking for stylish retro trailer with modern features.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I am so ANGRY! We bought the 2019 Bunkhouse Ameri-Lite. We have only had it for 2 months. And it's 2018. Which tell you it BRAND NEW. It sucks. Pipes under sink leak. Behind toilet leaks, had to have a new part. And the hot water tank leaked as well. When I buy brand new I expect it to work. I wish I would have read these reviews. It would have saved me heartache and time and money. We have a warranty. But we are living in it. And it's skirted. So we can't move it to get our repairs done in the shop. So we have to pay out of pocket for the repairman to come and fix it. I have e-mailed GulfStream. So I guess I will do my research before I buy again. :(

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

2018 GulfStream 198BH. Not sure what to think about it. Bought brand new in March 2018. Used it 3 times this summer and overall it’s a decent budget camper. My only complaints so far is the cosmetic flaws like misaligned screws and the fact that I lost 3 of the top and side clearance light covers because they were too loose and came off in tow. So far no leaks and everything still working as it should but I’m just a little unsure but this is my first travel trailer purchase so I plan to upgrade to something with a little more quality in a few years.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We bought our Vintage Cruiser 23QBS late in the season and were only able to camp 3 times but we love it. The more we use it the more we love it! We really like the colors and the features. Barb, my wife, tows the unit with ease and feels comfortable. We tow our Vintage with an F150 and in comparison to the bigger unit we had it tows 1000 times better. We always get compliments when we're camping and everyone wants to see inside and asks us questions about it! :) We cannot wait for next season!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I made a mistake and bought a GulfStream trailer. Please spare the grief and shop other brands. Day one: Broken lights, Screw falling out of the front of the trailer, the dealer has to rebuild so the screw actually go into the wood. Interior stained where they attached the lining to the interior. The aluminum box that holds the electric cord was split open because they installed a box that was too small and forced it in, water/dirt was coming in under the dining seat. The dealer had to rebuild. The CO2 detector was faulty/broke. Splash guard was falling off, not glued. Bathroom vent was not even screwed incorrectly. Water was leaking underneath the sink.

I called the company, the operator said, "We didn't sell the trailer to you. Call the dealer." LOL - what a joke this company is, do not buy a GulfStream. JUNK... no quality control. I looked at another brand new Innsbruck at the dealership and the screws were falling out of the front of the trailer just like mine. AMAZING. The company would not reply to my complaints sent via email, no service. Thank goodness for Parris RV in Salt Lake, they finished building the trailer for the manufacturer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Bought this camper in 2017, used for one summer and it had terrible leaking problems that GulfStream refuses to fix. Bubbles all over ceiling and light fixtures filled with water. Do not recommend gulf stream campers!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We purchased this travel trailer new in February 2018. At the time we noticed that there some bubbles in the flooring in 2 corners near the refrigerator. The dealer indicated on the bill of sale that he would have a new floor installed if we wanted to pick something out at a local flooring store. We waited a few months, in that time the entire floor bubbled up, not water but like the glue came loose from the flooring. We took the trailer back to dealer and he told us to pick out some flooring and they would install it. We have waited and waited, they have my trailer on their lot and nothing has been done because they don't know to reinstall the floor. So we wait. I am very disappointed in the quality of this trailer overall.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am very disappointed about a 50,000 dollar purchase made by myself and my husband. Product named Trailmaster by GulfStream a new Unit Towable Class 1. I have contacted service at GulfStream multiple times with my complaints about terrible quality within my trailer. On the walls and wood areas there are terrible defects as in wood chipping, holes in the wood that are not suppose to be there. The walls are all covered in holes with fillers and are very visible. They are not willing to give me another trailer the same as this or to even get some service to repair damage done by their own corporation. Something needs to be done about this for customer service is an important factor to the purchaser. I am angry and hope that I do not have to get a lawyer or sue this corporation.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a 23RSS Crimson and Cream Vintage Cruiser in January of 2018 In Oregon for nearly $30K. It came to me with some warranty issues and though the distributor I purchased from did try to fix one major problem, it didn't work and that was the door. Below is a list of items that need to be fixed, still. I'm traveling with it and find it's very difficult to find anyone to do warranty work. I'm currently in New Mexico where Gulf Stream has zero distributors. I'm so disappointed because my belief was Gulf Stream was the superior manufacturer.

1. Air conditioner spits out tiny metal fragments. Also, it doesn’t cool the bedroom area. And the vent slide, on the bottom doesn’t. 2. Water leak under the bed storage area, right rear side, odor of mold/mildew now present. 3. Electric Jack failed and I had no way to disengage from the truck. Another person in the RV Park, helped me find the problem and do a temporary fix. It still needs to be replaced or fixed 100%. 4. The light over sink failed, but it's not a bulb, I've no way of knowing how to fix it. 5. Carbon Monoxide/propane alarm began blasting at 2:30 am. I could find NO way to stop it. Push the button to reset, lasted for a total of 4 minutes then had to be pushed over and over and over. So I removed the front part and cut the hot wire to hit. Needs to be replaced. 6. Door, as well as the screen door does not hang correctly, big gaps allows for heat and cold to escape and invade.

7. Spray attachment, on the outside, appears to be missing a piece? It won’t connect. 8. Table is too narrow to be able to use as a bed. It collapses and does not fit into the opening it is suppose to go in to. 10. Awning appears now goes out, when the IN button is pushed and visa-versa. It didn't use to be that way. Again, I am so disappointed in the workmanship of this trailer. Including the lack of finished wood, inside the cupboards and closets which I discovered with more than one giant splinter in my fingers.

11. In the beginning the toilet refused to allow paper and water down. Eventually, I found a plastic kind of cage(?) in the throat of the toilet/neck of the tube to the black tank. After breaking lose the fingers of the "cage", I've no longer had any problems. I'd like to know what on earth that was? 12. The bottom of a kitchen drawer, simply fell out. There are only 2 drawers... This was the bottom one.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I like the amount of space that it has. Very easy to drive with amazing gas mileage. The appliances are new and easy to clean. The shower is large and as well as the bedroom. Lots of storage and seating. I wouldn't change much, just maybe the color of the carpeting and the front seats. Also, I would put a better sound system in for whole driving. I would also like to have a tv in the bedroom and a little larger hot water heater.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Looking for something big like home feel and GulfStream Coach RV has everything. It also has a long history. This RV is huge in like being in double wide trailer and inside has the feeling of real home. So nice you could live it as a home. Wouldn't change anything inside but maybe a different color outside. It has been fun.

Original review: May 4, 2018

GulfStream help me as a family to travel long distances and enjoy every moment of the trip. What I liked most is the acceleration in the improvements of the car system and services to improve superior good value. It's the best of the world.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Our family has been using this company for a very long time. So far they have not let me down. I like that they have consistent quality, so I know the value I am getting for the money and it's a lot so I kind of expect it. I wish they weren't so expensive to maintain and operate but I don't think much can be done about the MPG. I would also like to make the beds more softer or more options for bedding.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Bought a GulfStream Conquest Class C Motorhome from in Tennessee because we loved the design and features. We found water leak in bedroom closet... Bubbled out... Took to a dealer which we bought elsewhere. GulfStream would never get back to you as a professional company does. I would have to call back after couple weeks then I would get excuses, so I would wait. Call back again and more excuses why no return call. So the other dealer we took to said looks like from manufacturing problem... That it had been leaking while on lot for sale and caused the aluminum to pit from inside out and just started showing signs to us. Unpleasant and terrible. Would not recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I love everything about GulfStream Coach RV. I love their customer service, their prices are fair, and their financing is better than other RV companies out there. They also offer the specs that I am looking for in a RV. Their specs are perfect for my family and the slide outs were easy to use for myself as a single mother. All electric was very easy to start and use for me, it's been easy to get items repaired as needed and I haven't had any leaks. I rented one of their RVs from a rental place and fell in love right away. Amazing company with amazing people.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I bought an RV at Ron Hoover, Boerne. Sevice was great right up until I paid cash for my purchase. I pointed out a loose showerhead before leaving, which they tightened. By the time I got home the showerhead had come loose again due to the fact that it was screwed into 1/8” panelling... no support behind the panelling. I tightened it again, but it pulled out of the wall after just three showers taken. I noticed that the whole panel, to which the showered AND the faucet were attached, had no support behind it. In other words, the faucet and shower head were attached to a 1/8" piece of flimsy, paper-thin paneling. The 1" long screws for the showerhead could barely grab anything, since only one-eighth of the screw had anything to grab onto.

Ron Hoover refused to take care of the problem, or to even address it as a problem, turning it over to GulfStream as a warranty issue. I sent videos showing that the wall would move in and out more than an inch, and showing the shower connection dangling by the screws. GulfStream refused to call this a faulty issue. No reputable builder would ever attach a shower head to a 1/8" piece of unsupported panelling. No reputable builder would attach ANY plumbing to such an unstable piece of wallboard. No human being with basic knowledge of physics and gravity would secure ANYTHING to a thin piece of paneling, unless of course it was done with tape, and the item was not to be used, especially as plumbing.

After the screws pulled loose, only due to the pressure of the water, there were holes in the wall that would allow water seepage, eventual water damage and eventual mold problems. GulfStream does not see this as a problem. Additionally, when I turned on the water in the kitchen sink, the kitchen faucet jumped out of its socket and water sprayed all over the wall and the window. The dealership DID send me a new faucet to install myself. I don't believe GulfStream is a reputable business if they can accept this poor workmanship as representative of their work.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I chose GulfStream over others because of the good feedback that I got from the people who already bought RVs from them. Their customer service is second to none and they always try to make you happy. I liked that it's a leading manufacturer of a full range of RV products that was founded and is still owned by the Shea family, originating in the small community in Indiana. I hope they could perhaps lower their prices or offer more financing options for folks with good credit history like myself.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I love high quality RVs and never settle for inferior design or performance capabilities because for me it's not worth it at all to be upset with the interior design or performance capabilities of my chosen RV. GulfStream has comprehensive attention to details and reliable performance capabilities that would accommodate me and my family well while we'll be taking a long distance travelling journey around the country or abroad.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The RV is equipped with so many features, kitchen, bathroom, bed. I've dreamed about owning one since was a kid, taking trips cross country, telling stories, traveling with family and friends. I love the fact that I can fit a big flat screen TV, my grill gas, room for football tailgates. I love the price, the brand, gas mileage. But I'm really not impressed with the color. The maintenance is going to be a problem, along with keeping it clean. Not enough space for extra family members.

Original review: March 22, 2018

GulfStream customer service representatives were great to work with, they could sense that we weren't completely happy with our shopping experience, but they tried their best to help us out. We ended up purchasing from them and got most of what we needed. Some of the things we factored in were the plumbing, the size of the beds, the type of beds if either roll back or solid, whether or not it had air conditioning, how large the showers were, and if the cab was spacious. What I don't like about the RV is the gas mileage was horrible, but we expected that. The colors were slim to choose from and the reception with the antenna wasn't as well as we would have wished it could have been.

Original review: March 21, 2018

GulfStream RVs are built very well and require the minimum amount of maintenance. My experience with this RV has been really enjoyable and has required very little effort on my part for anything. They are very manageable on the road and can be easily towed by just about any vehicle other than small passenger vehicles. They are also very easy to set up at the campsite. I have had mine for over 5 years now and I haven't had to get any kind of service outside of the required maintenance and safety precautions. They are very easy to maintain and will last you a lifetime.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I need a lot of space, since when I travel I like to take my dogs. Their breed are really huge but they're my babies so they always go camping with us. But GulfStream should make the RVs much bigger with more amenities. Also, the table size needs an improvement, and how the mattresses are. Other than that it's great. I would recommend it to all my friends and family since they're always asking if it's super comfy for camping and road trips with the entire family.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I like this manufacturer because they make recreational vehicles that are very high quality. They are always up to date with their safety standards in their vehicles. They provide cutting-edge technology and features in their vehicles. Their style and design are top of the notch. I love their comfort. I am completely happy with my RV. It has went up and beyond for what I wanted and needed. I love using it and just enjoying all of its features. My overall experience has all been positive. I can always know that my family and I are safe when riding in this.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I chose GulfStream over the other options on the lot because it seemed like a much better value for the price than the others. GulfStream make and sell high quality recreational vehicles. I feel comfortable and safe in my GulfStream recreational vehicle while traveling and camping. I wish they offered more affordable financing options as well as better trade in values on older models. I would get a newer recreational vehicle if they did.

Original review: March 13, 2018

GulfStream is a high quality company that has great customer service. Top notch service. Staff is great and helpful. They do not pressure you into any unwanted services. They have a variety of RVs to choose from. The RVs are state of the art with the best technology available. Best quality out on the market. If there is one dislike it would be the newest models being priced highly.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have a good overall experience with GulfStream RV. Since I bought I haven't had any major problem with it. It's easy to drive and has a good engine size and power. Very smooth transmission. Inside cabin is very well design with a lot of stuff that make the RV comfortable for the whole family. The RV is very spacious and has nice interior design that is very modern. However, interior parts tend to get loose and make a lot noise while driving. It needs a more comfortable chair for driving long distance trips. Engine is difficult to reach to routine maintenance.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I received the 2006 RV Gulf Stream for a loaner since I was homeless. Ever since I have received it I have had nothing but problems from leaking around the slide outs in the shower to faucet issues, door lock issues and really bad electrical problems. I could keep on going but don't think there is enough space to list everything. From day one I've been wanting to write Gulf Stream and complain but haven't had the chance since I am so busy fixing all the problems wrong with my Gulf Stream.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We bought our Vintage Cruiser 19ERD new in May 2015 and love it. We pull it with ease using our Honda Odyssey. The trailer is very stable. We have travelled over 10,000 miles with our rig and it really has been a piece of cake. Gulf Stream has been very responsive to anything we needed. We couldn't be happier with our cruiser, and ownership has been completely enjoyable.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We were newbies to the RV world 9 months ago. We purchased a Gulf Stream 2018 19 RBS Vintage Cruiser Woody Edition. We have put 2,500 miles on so far and have been very pleased. I would definitely buy again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Gulf Stream 2016 Vintage Cruiser 19RBS - After 2+ years, dozens & dozens of campgrounds around the USA, and well over 18,000 miles, my wife and I find this travel trailer to be very dependable and make us smile every day we use it. Not that there aren't small issues occasionally, but overall... it's great. The retro look is something that starts a conversation at every campground. People are just naturally attracted to the retro style and come up to us, (wanting to see it closer) and ask questions. We love it.

GulfStream Coach RV expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.

• Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.

• Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.

• Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.

• Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.

• Best for: vacationers who want a new RV.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information