2. Automotive
  3. RV Manufacturers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

GulfStream Coach RV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I bought a new Innsbruck Travel Trailer in July 2020. I've camped in it twice. During the 1st trip, the fresh water tank burst while filling it, the stereo cut out playing CDs and the AC control didn't work correctly. I brought it back to the dealer for repair and was informed that Gulf Stream would not honor the warranty on the water tank. I have waited two months for Gulf Stream to send a replacement tank, and it still has not arrived. Stereo still isn't fixed. AC controller is still flaky.

During the 2nd trip, the awning suddenly collapsed. Gulf Stream had fastened it to the trailer with three screws instead of the six specified by the Awning manufacturer. The single screw holding the awning at the top ripped through the fiberglass support beam and the entire scissor arm assembly was destroyed. Dealer says Gulf Stream will probably not honor the warranty on the awning either. The quality control for Gulf Stream is non-existent. Do not buy anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

BT Cruiser 5210. Review 8/30/2020. It's probably safe to write a first review after 10,000 miles. Traveled from Southwestern Florida to Arizona and back. Blue Ridge Parkway dry camping. Various Florida campgrounds. I am 83 and travel by myself with my Chihuahua. I expect all the comforts of home when dry camping. I have had several small motorhomes for many years so I know what I need. I added solar panel and satellite TV. Had a new 12v wire run to 500w inverter to run TV, and satellite. I have the 2 couch model. I rounded off sink end of the table to be able to slide in and out easily. Table bungees nicely behind passenger seat. Put lever control on shower head to conserve water. Sleeps 2, lives 1.

The good: Absolutely brilliant design. All the complaints I have had with previous motorhomes have been resolved. Automatic step, automatic awning, and the entry light switch is down by the step. When inside, turns off and on easily with your foot. Large rocker control switch. Large HD TV. Large round sink takes up a bit too much space, but good for washing clothes. Nice large shower (I'm 6'1"). Oven, fridge and stove work perfectly. Leave electric switch on hot water heater on and any time you run Gen or connect you have plenty of hot water. Automatic thermostat holds coach at desired temp. Awning windows can be forgotten open and rain does not get in. I leave one couch made up as bed at all times. I mostly leave table up as I travel. Adequate fresh water if you are careful. I go 5 weeks without having to empty black water because I do not use bathroom sink.

The bad: Assembly was careless. Screen door had to be rehung and adjusted. Top shower slide rod popped out while taking shower. 5" strip of gorilla tape provides permanent fix. Bottom Corner of shower needed to be caulked. One exterior door magnet missing. Someone dropped a screw driver point first on roof. Let water go down and migrate back to shower skylight. Son filled with caulk. Someone somewhere stepped on bathroom vent and cracked. Much finger pointing. This is my 3rd E350. All had driving design problems. Ford avoids addressing these.

My recommendation: If you want to boondocks, at 22' this is just about perfect. I am adding sea level gauges since the included ones are totally worthless, as are all such gauges. I am a rough user. I go wherever strikes my fancy. I expect to be able to stay anywhere for at least a week in complete comfort. This MH will do that, possibly for 2.

Get buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Our 2018 Innsbruck brand new is the worse workmanship I have ever seen. I am not letting up. If I have to gave to have it delivered back to the manufacturers I will. Seems like the Shea family doesn't really care not do the dealerships who sold us this piece of low quality poor workmanship. A court of law should put this family in the woods and make them live in this what they call a quality RV.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We bought our 2019 Kingsport 199rk in August of 2018. It is now may 2019 I’ve already had to reply the vent covers because they became brittle and leaked into the bathroom. I believe they use the cheapest parts they can find so make sure you do your research before you buy.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought our 2014 Conquest in 2013. We have had nothing but trouble with it. Refrigerator doesn't get cold, the hot water has never been hot, even though we had the pilot light lite, lights on outside and inside didn't work. We had a leak right off the bat, they, Rockwood Boat and RV in Rockwood, Tennessee, and now the whole front of the camper has water damage. It smells like mold! And to top it off we were told it wouldn't be covered under insurance. So we are out a 15,000. camper!! What a lemon!! Will NEVER buy a GulfStream again!!! We have only camped in it 6 times!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

We purchased our Ameri Lite in Nov 2018. Title says 2019 but built date is Feb 2018. Anyway shower leaks... The unit was winterized the same day we picked it up. I noticed pink anti-freeze in the shower floor and ask the salesman "oh, I see it been winterized! He says yes. Just this morning... This was after approx 1 week of below freezing temps but I let it go as we where already planning our first escape to the warmer weather. Three weeks later we departed for TX.

We used the campground showers and bottle water to drink and make coffee. Used anti-freeze (the pink stuff) to flush the toilet and pour down the sinks after used. Always draining the tanks too....we continue to do this for 3 days after arriving in TX due to the cold weather.

First time we used the shower it leaked. Dried up the mess. Tried again the next day. More water leaks. We contacted the GulfStream but everything was closed due to the Holidays, no one available to assist or look at the camper. After that we went back to using campground showers. No authorized dealers near by or repair shop that was authorized to do warranty work. Three weeks later we're still in TX, still using campground showers... The first new camper I ever bought and last.

Shortly after we returned home I contacted GulfStream to find there was an authorized dealer just 23 miles from home. Called, setup and appointment to drop off the camper and did so the next day. We'll have it done by Friday. Almost 3 months later we get a call camper is ready... Picked it up only to find it still leaks, plus the wall behind the toilet is now busted from the repair shops attempt to find and repair. Panel is pulled out about 3 inches and the staples will not hold it whenever I push it back in, just pops out again. Warranty is useless as the dealer stated GulfStream DOES NOT. WILL NOT PAY for warranty work, the dealer had to just eat it. They do so trying to maintain some sort of business relationship with customers...

We have approx. 7 months of useless warranty service. The rest of the camper just a can full of loose screws, loose panels, bad lights, broken trim pieces bad wiring and missing parts. Other than that it a perfect POS Camper... I had heard bad things about GulfStream but stupid me did not listen and not I pay pay pay. Please do your research. Listen to your interself and run don't walk and get the blank out of the. Use a tent, save your money. If you must have a camper I suggest a hard side popup. For long term try Holiday Express. Cheaper in the long run.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Well I bought a 2019 Gulfstream conquest and I had nothing but problems with it. I have nothing but empty promises and every time they take the camper to fix it comes back worse. I had a major leak with the water tank. Very bad workmanship. The slideouts leak, the wiring was bad - oh wait - still bad. We cannot even open up our bunkhouse because the wire broke off and I have left many messages for the owner of the company to call me to make things right and I get no callback. They have bad customer service and I tell them I want a refund or a rebuild and they refuse to help with that. I bought it new. I did not want to buy a fixer upper but lesson learned. I will never buy from them again. I am just sick of this whole process.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We purchased our Conquest 274QB in October 2018. From the beginning it started having problems from the door not locking, the screws falling out of the outside trim, the trim not matching up on the corners, the windows did not latch. Then after using the oven for 5 times it quit working, the bathtub had to be recaulked, we had to tighten the water pipes to the bathtub, the trim inside the trailer was coming apart, the electrical outlet in the bathroom doesn’t work. But then 4 months later the slideout started leaking and we can’t find out from where so we started looking at the front corner and the bottom front corners do not match so water comes in there. Great workmanship!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We bought our 259BH brand new and first few times we took it out we enjoyed! However about our 4th trip we started having problem! First was water heater, the card went out! Last trip the heater randomly kicked on, middle of the night woke up sweating butt off! Can't wait to see what this is going to be. Wish I would have shopped around but we will see!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

They installed the drain too tall in the bathtub. The first time we used it the pipe pushed up and cracked the tub. No one is willing to help. I had to fix it myself. I bought a new trailer so I would not have to fix it!!! The dealers near me said GulfStream don't pay their warranty bill so they can't help me.

GulfStream Coach RV author review by Sharee Collier

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.

• Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.

• Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.

• Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.

• Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.

by Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Expert

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information