2.28/5

66 GulfStream Coach RV Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2019

We bought our 2019 Kingsport 199rk in August of 2018. It is now may 2019 I’ve already had to reply the vent covers because they became brittle and leaked into the bathroom. I believe they use the cheapest parts they can find so make sure you do your research before you buy.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought our 2014 Conquest in 2013. We have had nothing but trouble with it. Refrigerator doesn't get cold, the hot water has never been hot, even though we had the pilot light lite, lights on outside and inside didn't work. We had a leak right off the bat, they, Rockwood Boat and RV in Rockwood, Tennessee, and now the whole front of the camper has water damage. It smells like mold! And to top it off we were told it wouldn't be covered under insurance. So we are out a 15,000. camper!! What a lemon!! Will NEVER buy a GulfStream again!!! We have only camped in it 6 times!!

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We purchased our Ameri Lite in Nov 2018. Title says 2019 but built date is Feb 2018. Anyway shower leaks... The unit was winterized the same day we picked it up. I noticed pink anti-freeze in the shower floor and ask the salesman "oh, I see it been winterized! He says yes. Just this morning... This was after approx 1 week of below freezing temps but I let it go as we where already planning our first escape to the warmer weather. Three weeks later we departed for TX.

We used the campground showers and bottle water to drink and make coffee. Used anti-freeze (the pink stuff) to flush the toilet and pour down the sinks after used. Always draining the tanks too....we continue to do this for 3 days after arriving in TX due to the cold weather.

First time we used the shower it leaked. Dried up the mess. Tried again the next day. More water leaks. We contacted the GulfStream but everything was closed due to the Holidays, no one available to assist or look at the camper. After that we went back to using campground showers. No authorized dealers near by or repair shop that was authorized to do warranty work. Three weeks later we're still in TX, still using campground showers... The first new camper I ever bought and last.

Shortly after we returned home I contacted GulfStream to find there was an authorized dealer just 23 miles from home. Called, setup and appointment to drop off the camper and did so the next day. We'll have it done by Friday. Almost 3 months later we get a call camper is ready... Picked it up only to find it still leaks, plus the wall behind the toilet is now busted from the repair shops attempt to find and repair. Panel is pulled out about 3 inches and the staples will not hold it whenever I push it back in, just pops out again. Warranty is useless as the dealer stated GulfStream DOES NOT. WILL NOT PAY for warranty work, the dealer had to just eat it. They do so trying to maintain some sort of business relationship with customers...

We have approx. 7 months of useless warranty service. The rest of the camper just a can full of loose screws, loose panels, bad lights, broken trim pieces bad wiring and missing parts. Other than that it a perfect POS Camper... I had heard bad things about GulfStream but stupid me did not listen and not I pay pay pay. Please do your research. Listen to your interself and run don't walk and get the blank out of the. Use a tent, save your money. If you must have a camper I suggest a hard side popup. For long term try Holiday Express. Cheaper in the long run.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Well I bought a 2019 Gulfstream conquest and I had nothing but problems with it. I have nothing but empty promises and every time they take the camper to fix it comes back worse. I had a major leak with the water tank. Very bad workmanship. The slideouts leak, the wiring was bad - oh wait - still bad. We cannot even open up our bunkhouse because the wire broke off and I have left many messages for the owner of the company to call me to make things right and I get no callback. They have bad customer service and I tell them I want a refund or a rebuild and they refuse to help with that. I bought it new. I did not want to buy a fixer upper but lesson learned. I will never buy from them again. I am just sick of this whole process.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We purchased our Conquest 274QB in October 2018. From the beginning it started having problems from the door not locking, the screws falling out of the outside trim, the trim not matching up on the corners, the windows did not latch. Then after using the oven for 5 times it quit working, the bathtub had to be recaulked, we had to tighten the water pipes to the bathtub, the trim inside the trailer was coming apart, the electrical outlet in the bathroom doesn’t work. But then 4 months later the slideout started leaking and we can’t find out from where so we started looking at the front corner and the bottom front corners do not match so water comes in there. Great workmanship!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We bought our 259BH brand new and first few times we took it out we enjoyed! However about our 4th trip we started having problem! First was water heater, the card went out! Last trip the heater randomly kicked on, middle of the night woke up sweating butt off! Can't wait to see what this is going to be. Wish I would have shopped around but we will see!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

They installed the drain too tall in the bathtub. The first time we used it the pipe pushed up and cracked the tub. No one is willing to help. I had to fix it myself. I bought a new trailer so I would not have to fix it!!! The dealers near me said GulfStream don't pay their warranty bill so they can't help me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We purchased our Kingsport 2017 276BHS in May 2017. After several months we still having water leaking, gas smell backup, and the cable system did not work. It took Funtown several months to get the items to complete repair! They ended up doing the repairs as in buying out of pocket to get done. In early June 2018 someone had hit our trailer. It's been in the shop for repairs since then, it's January 2019. Cannot get correct items, panels from GulfStream, still! I wish I have never bought a GulfStream! As soon as I can get it totally repair it's being sold!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased my 2019 GulfStream Vintage Cruiser from Camping World in April 2018. I am not happy with them or GulfStream. I am a fulltime RVer and I have had a shower leak since day one. I took my camper to a dealer that honored my warranty and they replaced the caulking around the enclosure to the shower. First time I use the shower it leaks. I took the camper to Camping World and waited a month to have the work denied because apparently they submitted to have my caulking replaced when I explained to them where it was leaking. I am now at a park that does not have showers and my shower still leaks. It isn't from the caulking. It runs out into the hallway behind the shower and under the shower. It isn't the lines because I have checked it when it was running. Either the shell doesn't fit the tub correctly or it's behind the enclosure.

I have sent pictures to GulfStream and still no answer. My shower still leaks and I have been trying for 8 months to get it fixed. I am talking to my lawyer at this point. Other items I am very dissatisfied with are the craftsmanship. Touch ups that are visible on the kitchen counter. One screw holding the radio in place.

Chains not long enough. Battery had to be replaced at the very beginning. Storage area under the bed is not really "finished" and has plywood that was not cut but looks as though they just broke it in half and put it in. I still have metal and plastic shavings that come out of the air conditioning unit when turned on. I STILL clean up wood shavings on the dinette, the countertop and the floor around the slide every time I drive to a new destination. Like I stated earlier I am RVing full time. Is it too much to ask for a camper that’s worth the money you paid for it? Literally I feel like I live in trailer trash!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We were looking for a well built, lightweight travel trailer to tow behind our Toyota 4Runner and we found what we were looking for in the GulfStream Vintage Cruiser 19CSK. We only took three trips before winter set in, but all three trips were great. Wonderful towing with a sway stabilizer hitch and great amenities. Roomy for a small trailer with excellent headroom, I am 6'5" tall and have headroom throughout, even in the shower. I would highly recommend this trailer if you're looking for stylish retro trailer with modern features.

GulfStream Coach RV expert review by Sharee Collier

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.

• Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.

• Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.

• Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.

• Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.

• Best for: vacationers who want a new RV.

Profile picture of Sharee Collier
Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Expert

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information