2.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 27, 2018

41 GulfStream Coach RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 27, 2018

I chose GulfStream over others because of the good feedback that I got from the people who already bought RVs from them. Their customer service is second to none and they always try to make you happy. I liked that it's a leading manufacturer of a full range of RV products that was founded and is still owned by the Shea family, originating in the small community in Indiana. I hope they could perhaps lower their prices or offer more financing options for folks with good credit history like myself.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I love high quality RVs and never settle for inferior design or performance capabilities because for me it's not worth it at all to be upset with the interior design or performance capabilities of my chosen RV. GulfStream has comprehensive attention to details and reliable performance capabilities that would accommodate me and my family well while we'll be taking a long distance travelling journey around the country or abroad.

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The RV is equipped with so many features, kitchen, bathroom, bed. I've dreamed about owning one since was a kid, taking trips cross country, telling stories, traveling with family and friends. I love the fact that I can fit a big flat screen TV, my grill gas, room for football tailgates. I love the price, the brand, gas mileage. But I'm really not impressed with the color. The maintenance is going to be a problem, along with keeping it clean. Not enough space for extra family members.

Original review: March 22, 2018

GulfStream customer service representatives were great to work with, they could sense that we weren't completely happy with our shopping experience, but they tried their best to help us out. We ended up purchasing from them and got most of what we needed. Some of the things we factored in were the plumbing, the size of the beds, the type of beds if either roll back or solid, whether or not it had air conditioning, how large the showers were, and if the cab was spacious. What I don't like about the RV is the gas mileage was horrible, but we expected that. The colors were slim to choose from and the reception with the antenna wasn't as well as we would have wished it could have been.

Original review: March 21, 2018

GulfStream RVs are built very well and require the minimum amount of maintenance. My experience with this RV has been really enjoyable and has required very little effort on my part for anything. They are very manageable on the road and can be easily towed by just about any vehicle other than small passenger vehicles. They are also very easy to set up at the campsite. I have had mine for over 5 years now and I haven't had to get any kind of service outside of the required maintenance and safety precautions. They are very easy to maintain and will last you a lifetime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I need a lot of space, since when I travel I like to take my dogs. Their breed are really huge but they're my babies so they always go camping with us. But GulfStream should make the RVs much bigger with more amenities. Also, the table size needs an improvement, and how the mattresses are. Other than that it's great. I would recommend it to all my friends and family since they're always asking if it's super comfy for camping and road trips with the entire family.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I like this manufacturer because they make recreational vehicles that are very high quality. They are always up to date with their safety standards in their vehicles. They provide cutting-edge technology and features in their vehicles. Their style and design are top of the notch. I love their comfort. I am completely happy with my RV. It has went up and beyond for what I wanted and needed. I love using it and just enjoying all of its features. My overall experience has all been positive. I can always know that my family and I are safe when riding in this.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I chose GulfStream over the other options on the lot because it seemed like a much better value for the price than the others. GulfStream make and sell high quality recreational vehicles. I feel comfortable and safe in my GulfStream recreational vehicle while traveling and camping. I wish they offered more affordable financing options as well as better trade in values on older models. I would get a newer recreational vehicle if they did.

Original review: March 13, 2018

GulfStream is a high quality company that has great customer service. Top notch service. Staff is great and helpful. They do not pressure you into any unwanted services. They have a variety of RVs to choose from. The RVs are state of the art with the best technology available. Best quality out on the market. If there is one dislike it would be the newest models being priced highly.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have a good overall experience with GulfStream RV. Since I bought I haven't had any major problem with it. It's easy to drive and has a good engine size and power. Very smooth transmission. Inside cabin is very well design with a lot of stuff that make the RV comfortable for the whole family. The RV is very spacious and has nice interior design that is very modern. However, interior parts tend to get loose and make a lot noise while driving. It needs a more comfortable chair for driving long distance trips. Engine is difficult to reach to routine maintenance.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I received the 2006 RV Gulf Stream for a loaner since I was homeless. Ever since I have received it I have had nothing but problems from leaking around the slide outs in the shower to faucet issues, door lock issues and really bad electrical problems. I could keep on going but don't think there is enough space to list everything. From day one I've been wanting to write Gulf Stream and complain but haven't had the chance since I am so busy fixing all the problems wrong with my Gulf Stream.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We bought our Vintage Cruiser 19ERD new in May 2015 and love it. We pull it with ease using our Honda Odyssey. The trailer is very stable. We have travelled over 10,000 miles with our rig and it really has been a piece of cake. Gulf Stream has been very responsive to anything we needed. We couldn't be happier with our cruiser, and ownership has been completely enjoyable.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We were newbies to the RV world 9 months ago. We purchased a Gulf Stream 2018 19 RBS Vintage Cruiser Woody Edition. We have put 2,500 miles on so far and have been very pleased. I would definitely buy again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Gulf Stream 2016 Vintage Cruiser 19RBS - After 2+ years, dozens & dozens of campgrounds around the USA, and well over 18,000 miles, my wife and I find this travel trailer to be very dependable and make us smile every day we use it. Not that there aren't small issues occasionally, but overall... it's great. The retro look is something that starts a conversation at every campground. People are just naturally attracted to the retro style and come up to us, (wanting to see it closer) and ask questions. We love it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We had trouble with our flush lights in ceiling going out and the lights over our island. Gulfstream didn't care. Somebody told me there was a recall. I hope not because if something serious happens they will be sorry. Also leaks that caused floor to be replaced. Full of black mold. Wondering if walls are like that and hope nobody gets sick. Stairs fell off on entry when my husband was coming in. They didn't seemed concerned. Didn't tell us there was a recall. Sent us a set and they weren't the right kind. Said that's all they had. Told us we would have to rip up the threshold but didn't offer to pay for it. Do not buy from Gulfstream. They don't care. Hope there are no health issues.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Gulfstream 2018 Kingsport travel trailer - If I could give this trailer less than 1 star I would do so. The quality of the workmanship in the bathroom is absolutely low quality. There leaks everywhere. Just when you think you have one stopped another one pops up. The caulking does not prevent water from seeping through and going down. The person who built the shower put finishing nails in the panels! Are you kidding me??? The walls move when you go take a shower which allows the water to run down and due to NO Caulk, water is there. The bunk beds were built for someone that is a toddler to use. The top bunk had no open window and there was about 10-11" of allowance between the mattress and the ceiling. The builder put a light overhead - can you imagine the heat that person would receive and not have air.

The air conditioner is acting like it is trying to go out. This trailer is brand new. We are the original owners and the quality that should be behind the Gulfstream RV is very, very poor and the owner of the company should be held accountable. Better yet, the CEO should take one of these out into the woods with the family and try to "camp" for 2 weeks. I am sure things would be adjusted at that point. HORRIBLE QUALITY - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TRAVEL TRAILER.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We found water leak in bedroom closet... Bubbled out... Took to a dealer which we bought elsewhere… Kamper City in Peninsula, Ohio but they would never get back to you as a professional company does. I would have to call back after couple weeks then I would get excuses, so I would wait. Call back again and more excuses why no return call. So the other dealer we took to said looks like from manufacturing problem... That it had been leaking while on lot for sale and caused the aluminum to pit from inside out and just started showing signs to us.

They (Gulf Stream) said not their fault. We had bought new in 2012 and this happened in 2014. Insurance would not pay because it was a manufacturing problem. To say the least... We had fixed problem, but have just found several more the same way this year, plus other things that was poorly done. We do preventive maintenance and this should not happen... Put together very cheap and half **. Gulf Stream themselves don't have very good ways of talking with you and at least trying to address or admitting it was their fault.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

First of all, I find the commercials regarding R.V.s sickening. What ever positive they portray can be far over shadowed by the poor, (no) bad, (no) lack of quality. I bought a 1999 42 foot Gulfstream from the Show in St. Louis in 2000. It's too much to list the careless quality of this thing and the war I had to go through to get the company to address the problem. More importantly here is why the quality is bad as explained to me back then. Things might have changed, but I doubt it. I worked on it for 5 months straight and then sold it. At the factory, then and probably still, it was explained to me that particular tasks on the assembly process are allowed a certain amount of time to complete. Here is the problem! If you can "finish" the job sooner, you get paid for the entire job process, and then you can go home!

I ask about quality control, the guy said people/ customers have different opinions of quality! Really? So if I am too stupid to realize things actually should work, then that's good for their bottom line! Regarding GulfStream too bad there is not a lower than one star available. There was another review where the person said they knew of a positive history of GulfStream. I would expect they are confusing the brand with Airsteam. Little play on words on GulfStream's part.

In 2009, I got back in again, only this time it was a Jayco Seneca ZX toy hauler. My theory was because it was a Chevy truck with a coach on back at least the truck would be no worse than anything off of an assembly line. The truck was OK, sort of, several automotive issues, the coach portion was not. But at least there was less to deal with, because these people at the factory touched less things. So, not that there was less problems, there was just less square feet for them to do a bad job at, and also less complex. I did not give up on this one. I worked on and off for 2 1/2 years fixing things, like filling up holes to keep dirt and mice out, chasing a water leak from the shower and kitchen sink, plumbing changes to keep the fresh water from draining into the toilet, tailgate lift failed and self-destructed while on a trip and cost $900 to get fixed.

I would like to see 60 Minutes do a segment on R.V.s but leave out the warm and fuzzies. Maybe interview the people that retired, sold their house for a motorhome and then lived on the factory parking lot for 9 months while they fixed the problems. If that was to happen, bad press for Indiana. There may be good products out there today. How do you know for sure? Reviews? Really??? It would be a roll of the dice. Do you feel lucky?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Growing up in Indiana Gulf Stream RVs were always considered the (Elite) Campers. Simply because that's all that my parents would purchase. And as I read about all of these complaints about their lack of quality and customer service it sickens me! I purchased a Conquest 268RBK in 2014 and have had my share of problems as well: Wiring, Weak spots in the floor, factory labels incorrect. So if their family owned and take pride in their name and company why does it seem that getting rate at the end of the day or getting done as quick as they can slap them together by the end of the week to be their number one priority? You’re a better company than that and you know you are! Get it together Gulf Stream before there isn't any orders to slap together! And it will happen faster than you think at the rate you going!

Original review: July 15, 2017

My wife and I bought a Gulf Stream Conquest Class C Motorhome from Century RV in Colorado because we loved the design and features. We bought off season and took the motorhome out on a shakeout trip before other RV'ers could load up the dealership's repair schedule. We found a long list of manufacture defects that included a shower door frame that wasn't sealed (allowing water to run out over the tub and under the wall), a missing screen door latch cover, loose screws buried in sealant, blocked a/c vents, trim falling off, backsplash coming down, stripped screws on the microwave mount and stove cabinet.

I wrote the company, who emailed that they'd forwarded my issues to their QA department and management, and that everything was covered under warranty. After getting initial issues handled by the dealership under warranty, we have spent the summer repairing and identifying more manufacturing problems, but we'll have to wait until the off-season to get many of them fixed. We don't see other Conquests on the road, despite stays across the west and Yellowstone in RV parks. That's probably enough of a hint as to quality. We still love the design, and the E-450 chassis is fantastic, but we don't recommend the manufacturer.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I went to take a look at the roof tonight. We did buy Thai camper brand new in June of 2016. It's July of 2017 now. I noticed a lot of water running down the drip rail. I went up to see what it was. I look and see that an area about 5x5 was all bubbled and if I pushed on it was cracking. The seam was splitting under the rubber membrane. I checked the rest of the roof and food spots all over with the same condition. I have contacted the manufacturer and the dealer. So hopefully we get something fixed.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I bought a 2016 Gulfstream Conquest Supreme in May of 2015. It caught on fire with us on July 3, 2017. If it had done it overnight all of my family would have burned to death in this camper. We have called main company and the dealership they both said it was factory defect (Has a wiring problem) but they would not fix it and said it was our problem. I paid a lot of money for this camper and was planning on making it my retirement home.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Recently purchased a used 1997 Palm Breeze by Gulf Stream. Took across the states. Mo. to Graceland. Graceland to CA via Hwy 40. First trip. Great. Started to make way back and camped in needles. Hotter than hell. Hooked up like have been doing so. Went to pool with kids. Came back. Gona start dinner. 5yr old went to freezer to get ice. Not knowing that fridge had stopped. Freezer acting like a thawer. And upon opening freezer. And water trickled out right onto the electrical panel. Yea it had the cover on, but water still managed to get into crevices and Yes you guessed right. Snap crackle pop. Who installs a panel. Ac/dc right under fridge. They do have some issues. Condensation, spills or leaks. Daughter fine. Spooked the ** out of her. Refuses to relax and enjoy. That's what I purchased for. Safety. Security, and comfortably. Yes I realize it's used and has actually a lot of things wrong with it. From major leaks from top to bad shower design but for most part. Strong. And roomy.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Day 1: Bought a brand new BT Cruiser 5245 on 6-14-17 at RV show in Portland, OR. At time of pick up, mattress was torn in several places. Body damage at frame around black water tank drain and dealer gave us 1 good key and 1 key that wasn't for our rig. I had to pay for the key replacement ($3.49). Day 2: Pulled down blind on door to coach and it will not go back up. Day 9: We finally got on the road with the grandkids. Within 3 hours, bottom drawer under dinette came open and broke the cheap chipboard frame of the seat/drawer. All the screws on the table assembly popped out and the table came crashing down on the grandkid's legs. There are less than 80 miles that we put on the RV.

Of course it's a Friday afternoon and no service person is around to deal with this. I finally found this review website. Wish I would have seen it before we bought. One-third our retirement savings went into this piece of inferior **. I don't even want to look at it again. Now having to write letters to dealer & GulfStream to activate warranty claims. Good luck to me, from reading these reviews. This is not how I'd planned to spend the weekend. It was my one weekend with the grandkids for the summer. Yeesh! Will update if there is ever any resolution.

Original review: June 23, 2017

We own a 2015 Streamlite, it's been used locally on several camping trips with no major issues. On a recent trip coming back from Florida, long distance stress test (1000 miles) the camper failed expectations. On the way back, Sunday, middle of nowhere with rain approaching. We heard a flapping sound and noticed that the roof membrane had started to peel away. Not sure how the roof is suppose to be installed but I would thought there would have been some glue or sealant under it to help it adhere to the roof. In this case, nothing there. Like many others, quickly found out that the roof isn't covered under warranty. I can see some roof issues (tree limbs) but this was just piss poor quality. Will NEVER purchase this brand of camper again!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I bought a 2016 GulfStream camper only 6 months ago. My family and I were so excited about our 1st camper purchase. We felt good about buying a camper brand new, thinking that we would be covered by our warranties if anything happened. But we were obviously wrong about that. GulfStream promises you all these warranties to make the sale and then when something happens they are as cold as ice. We have a small puncture in our roof and has to be replaced for 4300.00 and guess what, they don't want to fix it!! We've only had this thing 6 months and our 12 year warranty doesn't fix a whole in the roof??? Are you kidding me? We've only used it twice b/c we got it right before winter.

I can tell by all of these other reviews that GulfStream does not stand behind their promises or their products. I'm praying that we get this resolved with them but I'm not happy with how I've been treated! I did not like the warranty managers attitude. Hopefully he never purchases an expensive item and it not be covered after only 6 months of purchase. GulfStream really needs to value their customers better and stick to their guarantees!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I bought a 17 ft track and trail in Feb 2016 and have had nothing but issues. First we had water leaking in the floors when we pulled it in the rain, The frame/undercarriage is rusting, The paint on the back of the camper is peeling off and rusting. The vinyl decals are all bubbled and cracking. All of these known issues and Gulfstream says these are not covered under warranty. I would never recommend anyone to buy from Gulfstream. I think I need to get a good lawyer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

This trailer leaks water during rains over the master bed where your head lays. The company I bought the trailer from said warranty will not cover the repairs as the roof top is loose. They told me it would between $7,000.00 to $10,000.00 to replace the roof. Would like to get rid of this trailer but cannot afford to trade it off.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

This review is mixed. Full of Happy memories, concerns, as well as constant repair on a daily basis. We have owned this trailer since 2008. When asked why they were giving it up all they said was that they did not use it enough to justify the cost of regular maintenance. From the first month we discovered what they were talking about. We were living in it with our children and found that we were boiling hot or freezing cold. We replaced the furnace and tarred the roof to stop some of the leaks. After a few more months we had to have the whole roof replaced, the furnace fan repaired, the fridge repaired twice, the stove repaired, the floor repaired, the board that held up the queen mattress was replaced and the door had to be fixed. This was only the beginning. We discovered that the leaks never ended, the insulation was not to claim and the problems never stopped.

We have had some good memories over the years but none were of the trailer itself. We wish that we could afford to replace it with something newer but we cannot afford it. Would love some clues as to how to stop the relentless leaks. Some guidance on the fridges that never last. Also we would love some support and honesty as to why the insulation was not what was claimed. Having said all that, the trailer has not completely rotted away but not with out a lot of sleepless nights and extra hours to pay for it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I own a 40' GulfStream Sun Voyager 2007 class A Motorhome and I found out water leaks from the back lights on both side that create damages on the inside back walls. I couldn't believed getting water leaks from backlights. The damages are difficult to repair and the reason is that finish panelboards are glue to polyfoam so it is very difficult to remove those damaged panelboard. Finally there is no solution to eliminate water leaks from backlights. So I do recommend to stay away from GulfStream products because of their poor quality of their products.

GulfStream Coach RV expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.

• Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.

• Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.

• Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.

• Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.

• Best for: vacationers who want a new RV.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information