GulfStream Coach RV

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This trailer leaks water during rains over the master bed where your head lays. The company I bought the trailer from said warranty will not cover the repairs as the roof top is loose. They told me it would between $7,000.00 to $10,000.00 to replace the roof. Would like to get rid of this trailer but cannot afford to trade it off.

This review is mixed. Full of Happy memories, concerns, as well as constant repair on a daily basis. We have owned this trailer since 2008. When asked why they were giving it up all they said was that they did not use it enough to justify the cost of regular maintenance. From the first month we discovered what they were talking about. We were living in it with our children and found that we were boiling hot or freezing cold. We replaced the furnace and tarred the roof to stop some of the leaks. After a few more months we had to have the whole roof replaced, the furnace fan repaired, the fridge repaired twice, the stove repaired, the floor repaired, the board that held up the queen mattress was replaced and the door had to be fixed. This was only the beginning. We discovered that the leaks never ended, the insulation was not to claim and the problems never stopped.

We have had some good memories over the years but none were of the trailer itself. We wish that we could afford to replace it with something newer but we cannot afford it. Would love some clues as to how to stop the relentless leaks. Some guidance on the fridges that never last. Also we would love some support and honesty as to why the insulation was not what was claimed. Having said all that, the trailer has not completely rotted away but not with out a lot of sleepless nights and extra hours to pay for it.

I own a 40' GulfStream Sun Voyager 2007 class A Motorhome and I found out water leaks from the back lights on both side that create damages on the inside back walls. I couldn't believed getting water leaks from backlights. The damages are difficult to repair and the reason is that finish panelboards are glue to polyfoam so it is very difficult to remove those damaged panelboard. Finally there is no solution to eliminate water leaks from backlights. So I do recommend to stay away from GulfStream products because of their poor quality of their products.

I made the mistake and bought a Canyon Trail from Gulfstream. So far these are the problems I've encountered: Door lock wouldn't work, had to grind out bigger hole in door jamb. Later, had to replace the keyboard for the electronic door lock. Wipes on slides do not go out when slide is opened. Have to push them with stick to go out. Gulfstream couldn't tell me how to sanitize the potable water tank. Numerous trim pieces had to be re-secured inside trailer. Can't adjust air flow to burner on stove, best answer, let it burn with yellow flame. Ceiling fan/vent had water leaks. Trailer running lights on back had water leaks. One side window had a water leak. I had to caulk all of these places since these problems showed while we were out of town. Found staples above refrigerator slide were scraping the roof on the slide, digging a groove in the roof material. Had to have them cut or removed, dealer did the work.

Electric heating on hot water didn't work, needed a thermostat. Shower had numerous leaks around base. Water leaks into basement from shower. Laminate siding on bathroom door is pulling away from door frame. Venetian blind by kitchen sink had to be replaced. Second slide scrapes across the linoleum. Pin holding side support to steps fell out; shortly thereafter another pin fell out. Carpet edge was tearing away from carpet. The material covering the lounge chairs is cracking. None of the waste tank indicators works correctly. Dealer had to replace black tank, a 2-inch screw from the flooring was screwed into the tank. Dealer's repairman found shop towels in black tank after draining it.

Water safety electric outlet had to be replaced, lost one electric circuit. Both sink faucets had to be replaced. Awning and awning motor had to be replaced. Currently trying to get the factory to fix a manufacturing defect: found out nose insulation was not installed all the way to the roof. Bedroom got hot when sun shined on it. Reduced advertised R-14 insulation to R-1.

After purchasing a new 2014 GulfStream Kingsport and had an experience like most with not one but two blowouts after a year and half and less than 1,000 miles on the tires. So we replaced them at the tune of $900 since it was in the middle of nowhere that we experience the second blowout on the spare that never touched the ground, same side. We had been fixing up the damage since it was quite expensive and time-consuming that my husband noticed with the expectation label vs the wheels and tires that came with the trailer were not correct.

So long story short we contacted GulfStream with this concern, in which they could care less and a Ms. Diane ** was rude and kept referring the tires (in which we still have two intact) were dry rotted. Well that definitely was not the case and we proved that. She argued why it took so long. Because until we were looking at possibly purchasing large wheels and were checking with our owner's manual and the labels on the trailer, we realized that they put on the wrong tires, wheels and or label. No one cares and they are not returning calls. When I asked her in an email who was her boss no response. I gave them a week to call me and nothing. I want everyone to know about how you are treated by this company after you purchase, and it is a safety issue. This was a C rated tire put on and it should have been a D rated. The wheel should be 16 not 15.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

The front window and front side windows over the cab as well as the side windows leaked down into the walls. Part of the problem were the weep hole in the bottom tracks of the sliders were too small and not far enough forward. When you park on a slight decline, the water doesn't drain out of the tracks fast enough, spilling into the camper.

I removed all the interior plywood, mostly with a putty knife being spongy like it was... and replaced and added additional 2X2 studs. Several thousand dollars later, I still cannot find one freaking leak in the front cab over. I can't install the foam and new plywood until I find the damned leak! Because there was so much water on the inside of the RV, the crap-paper covered doors began shedding their fake wood paper. That looks lovely. Hoping paint will help. Water damage to the carpet will require removal of the carpet, which is no big deal, but another pain from the water getting in. I think I found all the roof leaks, but the next one will have a solid fiberglass roof!

My wife refuses to camp in it because the toilet stall is too tight. I told her to lose weight, but that didn't help matters much. She also thinks the shower is a bit tight. Same response from me but it didn't go over any better the second time around. The back bedroom uses a short queen mattress. When you can find one, you pay out the backside for a marginal mattress. Other than that a few issues with the generator starting system, minor electrical issues. I knew it was a five year old RV, but given all the problems we've had, I will not be buying another Conquest.

This was our dream camper. We really splurged to have this park model, two bedroom camper. We have had nothing but problems since then. All three slide outs leak and we have spent endless time and money trying to control the water damage. Did you know that your camper insurance doesn't cover any kind of water damage? Well check into that because it doesn't. Now the floor under our dinette is falling in. We have had to cut a piece of plyboard and use jacks to keep the floor from falling all the way through. This is from water damage so of course... it’s not covered!

The manufacturer warranty is for 2 years. We began having all our problems right around this time or a little before so they will do nothing to help. This has been a nightmare. Our camper smells moldy and I'm sure it can't be good for our health. The floors now creak throughout the camper and I'm just wondering how long before the whole thing rots and molds away? We will of course still be paying for it years after this happens. Oh, as I write this we are spending this weekend in the moldy, smelly, very expensive camper with no AC. Can it get any better?

2012 Gulfstream Conquest - We bought brand new late April 2012 and in January 2015, we had found water damage in bedroom closet. Took it to local dealer and they said there was electrolysis, which occurs over time and that this would have been leaking since was put on lot because the electrolysis occurs when water is getting inside, without visible knowledge, and eventually ate through metal of outside. Called original dealer which we bought it, took it there and they said same thing.

Took pictures, sent to GulfStream (which they are terrible at returning calls or emails). I finally got response and they said it is preventative maintenance, which the problem that happened is caused from something that takes a long time to happen. So insurance won't pay because 2 dealerships state this is caused from the manufacturing process, and GulfStream will not do anything about it. Will NEVER buy again! We bought brand new so there would not be any problems but I guess we made wrong decision!!! When you have 2 dealerships that tell you this is caused from manufacturing off lot, it is very frustrating they will not do anything about it. We would have later down road bought another, but it WILL NOT BE GULFSTREAM!!!

We are purchasing a 1991 model 8380 Class A Gulfstream. We have owned several trailers including fifth wheels. I noticed complaints about brakes. Brakes have to be serviced. I have no apprehensions about this coach though it is older and needs work. When you buy a used coach you either need to be mechanically capable of performing an inspection or pay someone to do so. If you do your own brake work, you need a large floor jack! Motor homes, like many small aircraft, sit idle most of the time. Electrical contacts and metal components corrode. Either you need to be able to troubleshoot and fix things, hire someone competent to do it or just buy a new unit that would require less maintenance. Don't buy a used piece of equipment and expect it to be perfect. Be fair!

We've mostly had normal wear and tear issues that are greater than prior coach, but not what I would consider way out of line. However, when we have needed information about replacement parts or how to repair or service this company is a big failure. They do not return calls. When you find someone to talk to they can't help or direct you. They don't have the ability to tell you part numbers for basic things that need replacing. Though I love our coach, I wouldn't buy it again for lack of customer support and confidence. I think the whole industry should be required to keep and make available information about parts for critical mechanical problems.

Purchased mid-June 2013. Has been in the shop for everything from structural problems, leaks, brakes, etc. In shop for 42 days out of 78. We managed 2 trips this year, both nightmares. The last having such horrible brake problems, we didn't know if we would make it home safely. Structure itself is already starting to "rack" as if it is not sound.

After having it less than 60 days, we decided to ask our dealership to assist us in returning the unit. It took them until Late August to tell us they would not assist us. They told us "You bought it, it's your property." There are no lemon laws for campers so what law protects us in this case? Are we just out $14,000?!

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Independence which I believe is unsafe. It will only travel 61 miles an hour end then cuts out. Ford VP, Chris ***, told me to bring it to a US ford dealer as no one was in our area. I did six trips which he assured me that Ford would look at expenses. They never did. He hung up on me and said they were done and would not honour the emission warranty. Very disappointed. Will never buy another Ford.

We dealt on a new 2008 Class A Motorhome, but after signing the deal, we found out it was a demonstrator 2007 model year. In addition to numerous problems at possession, the fact is that depreciation alone is worth US $50,000.00. We are of the opinion that it is fraud, either with Gulf Stream or La Mesa or both. Since we are Canadians, it is a very difficult matter and we have not found any legal assistance to date.

In 5-9-06 I purchase a new golfstream camper from ballantyne rv in victor ny last year a leak developed in the rubber roof system I contacted the dealer ship they asked to bring it there at a cost of 100.00 dollars for an evaluation it was found to have an improperly installed seal at the roof line at that time the manufacturer was notified since I have been in contact with the manufacturer on a couple of occasions at this point they have agreed to fix my camper but they are refuseing to come here and make the repair they are requesting that I transport my camper 2500 miles at my exspence to have the problem fixed. i feel that this is unaceptable I am willing to return it to the place of purchase and from there I believe that it is their responcibility to do what it takes to get he problem taken care of this camper has a ten year warrenty on he roof system and at this point I see no relief in site I am retired and am not finacily able to just pick up and drive that far when this problem is due to a manufacture defect. I would appreciate any help in this matter I think that they are taken advantage of the situation in hopes that I will be unable to get it there.The dealer ship where it was purchased is able to make the repairs needed but golf stream is refuseing to let them to be more cost effective please help

GulfStream Coach RV Company Profile