1.26/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

GulfStream Coach RV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 4, 2017

25 GulfStream Coach RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We found water leak in bedroom closet... Bubbled out... Took to a dealer which we bought elsewhere… Kamper City in Peninsula, Ohio but they would never get back to you as a professional company does. I would have to call back after couple weeks then I would get excuses, so I would wait. Call back again and more excuses why no return call. So the other dealer we took to said looks like from manufacturing problem... That it had been leaking while on lot for sale and caused the aluminum to pit from inside out and just started showing signs to us.

They (Gulf Stream) said not their fault. We had bought new in 2012 and this happened in 2014. Insurance would not pay because it was a manufacturing problem. To say the least... We had fixed problem, but have just found several more the same way this year, plus other things that was poorly done. We do preventive maintenance and this should not happen... Put together very cheap and half **. Gulf Stream themselves don't have very good ways of talking with you and at least trying to address or admitting it was their fault.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

First of all, I find the commercials regarding R.V.s sickening. What ever positive they portray can be far over shadowed by the poor, (no) bad, (no) lack of quality. I bought a 1999 42 foot Gulfstream from the Show in St. Louis in 2000. It's too much to list the careless quality of this thing and the war I had to go through to get the company to address the problem. More importantly here is why the quality is bad as explained to me back then. Things might have changed, but I doubt it. I worked on it for 5 months straight and then sold it. At the factory, then and probably still, it was explained to me that particular tasks on the assembly process are allowed a certain amount of time to complete. Here is the problem! If you can "finish" the job sooner, you get paid for the entire job process, and then you can go home!

I ask about quality control, the guy said people/ customers have different opinions of quality! Really? So if I am too stupid to realize things actually should work, then that's good for their bottom line! Regarding GulfStream too bad there is not a lower than one star available. There was another review where the person said they knew of a positive history of GulfStream. I would expect they are confusing the brand with Airsteam. Little play on words on GulfStream's part.

In 2009, I got back in again, only this time it was a Jayco Seneca ZX toy hauler. My theory was because it was a Chevy truck with a coach on back at least the truck would be no worse than anything off of an assembly line. The truck was OK, sort of, several automotive issues, the coach portion was not. But at least there was less to deal with, because these people at the factory touched less things. So, not that there was less problems, there was just less square feet for them to do a bad job at, and also less complex. I did not give up on this one. I worked on and off for 2 1/2 years fixing things, like filling up holes to keep dirt and mice out, chasing a water leak from the shower and kitchen sink, plumbing changes to keep the fresh water from draining into the toilet, tailgate lift failed and self-destructed while on a trip and cost $900 to get fixed.

I would like to see 60 Minutes do a segment on R.V.s but leave out the warm and fuzzies. Maybe interview the people that retired, sold their house for a motorhome and then lived on the factory parking lot for 9 months while they fixed the problems. If that was to happen, bad press for Indiana. There may be good products out there today. How do you know for sure? Reviews? Really??? It would be a roll of the dice. Do you feel lucky?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Growing up in Indiana Gulf Stream RVs were always considered the (Elite) Campers. Simply because that's all that my parents would purchase. And as I read about all of these complaints about their lack of quality and customer service it sickens me! I purchased a Conquest 268RBK in 2014 and have had my share of problems as well: Wiring, Weak spots in the floor, factory labels incorrect. So if their family owned and take pride in their name and company why does it seem that getting rate at the end of the day or getting done as quick as they can slap them together by the end of the week to be their number one priority? You’re a better company than that and you know you are! Get it together Gulf Stream before there isn't any orders to slap together! And it will happen faster than you think at the rate you going!

Original review: July 15, 2017

My wife and I bought a Gulf Stream Conquest Class C Motorhome from Century RV in Colorado because we loved the design and features. We bought off season and took the motorhome out on a shakeout trip before other RV'ers could load up the dealership's repair schedule. We found a long list of manufacture defects that included a shower door frame that wasn't sealed (allowing water to run out over the tub and under the wall), a missing screen door latch cover, loose screws buried in sealant, blocked a/c vents, trim falling off, backsplash coming down, stripped screws on the microwave mount and stove cabinet.

I wrote the company, who emailed that they'd forwarded my issues to their QA department and management, and that everything was covered under warranty. After getting initial issues handled by the dealership under warranty, we have spent the summer repairing and identifying more manufacturing problems, but we'll have to wait until the off-season to get many of them fixed. We don't see other Conquests on the road, despite stays across the west and Yellowstone in RV parks. That's probably enough of a hint as to quality. We still love the design, and the E-450 chassis is fantastic, but we don't recommend the manufacturer.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I went to take a look at the roof tonight. We did buy Thai camper brand new in June of 2016. It's July of 2017 now. I noticed a lot of water running down the drip rail. I went up to see what it was. I look and see that an area about 5x5 was all bubbled and if I pushed on it was cracking. The seam was splitting under the rubber membrane. I checked the rest of the roof and food spots all over with the same condition. I have contacted the manufacturer and the dealer. So hopefully we get something fixed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GulfStream Coach RV?

Original review: July 5, 2017

I bought a 2016 Gulfstream Conquest Supreme in May of 2015. It caught on fire with us on July 3, 2017. If it had done it overnight all of my family would have burned to death in this camper. We have called main company and the dealership they both said it was factory defect (Has a wiring problem) but they would not fix it and said it was our problem. I paid a lot of money for this camper and was planning on making it my retirement home.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Recently purchased a used 1997 Palm Breeze by Gulf Stream. Took across the states. Mo. to Graceland. Graceland to CA via Hwy 40. First trip. Great. Started to make way back and camped in needles. Hotter than hell. Hooked up like have been doing so. Went to pool with kids. Came back. Gona start dinner. 5yr old went to freezer to get ice. Not knowing that fridge had stopped. Freezer acting like a thawer. And upon opening freezer. And water trickled out right onto the electrical panel. Yea it had the cover on, but water still managed to get into crevices and Yes you guessed right. Snap crackle pop. Who installs a panel. Ac/dc right under fridge. They do have some issues. Condensation, spills or leaks. Daughter fine. Spooked the ** out of her. Refuses to relax and enjoy. That's what I purchased for. Safety. Security, and comfortably. Yes I realize it's used and has actually a lot of things wrong with it. From major leaks from top to bad shower design but for most part. Strong. And roomy.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Day 1: Bought a brand new BT Cruiser 5245 on 6-14-17 at RV show in Portland, OR. At time of pick up, mattress was torn in several places. Body damage at frame around black water tank drain and dealer gave us 1 good key and 1 key that wasn't for our rig. I had to pay for the key replacement ($3.49). Day 2: Pulled down blind on door to coach and it will not go back up. Day 9: We finally got on the road with the grandkids. Within 3 hours, bottom drawer under dinette came open and broke the cheap chipboard frame of the seat/drawer. All the screws on the table assembly popped out and the table came crashing down on the grandkid's legs. There are less than 80 miles that we put on the RV.

Of course it's a Friday afternoon and no service person is around to deal with this. I finally found this review website. Wish I would have seen it before we bought. One-third our retirement savings went into this piece of inferior **. I don't even want to look at it again. Now having to write letters to dealer & GulfStream to activate warranty claims. Good luck to me, from reading these reviews. This is not how I'd planned to spend the weekend. It was my one weekend with the grandkids for the summer. Yeesh! Will update if there is ever any resolution.

Original review: June 23, 2017

We own a 2015 Streamlite, it's been used locally on several camping trips with no major issues. On a recent trip coming back from Florida, long distance stress test (1000 miles) the camper failed expectations. On the way back, Sunday, middle of nowhere with rain approaching. We heard a flapping sound and noticed that the roof membrane had started to peel away. Not sure how the roof is suppose to be installed but I would thought there would have been some glue or sealant under it to help it adhere to the roof. In this case, nothing there. Like many others, quickly found out that the roof isn't covered under warranty. I can see some roof issues (tree limbs) but this was just piss poor quality. Will NEVER purchase this brand of camper again!

Original review: April 28, 2017

I bought a 2016 GulfStream camper only 6 months ago. My family and I were so excited about our 1st camper purchase. We felt good about buying a camper brand new, thinking that we would be covered by our warranties if anything happened. But we were obviously wrong about that. GulfStream promises you all these warranties to make the sale and then when something happens they are as cold as ice. We have a small puncture in our roof and has to be replaced for 4300.00 and guess what, they don't want to fix it!! We've only had this thing 6 months and our 12 year warranty doesn't fix a whole in the roof??? Are you kidding me? We've only used it twice b/c we got it right before winter.

I can tell by all of these other reviews that GulfStream does not stand behind their promises or their products. I'm praying that we get this resolved with them but I'm not happy with how I've been treated! I did not like the warranty managers attitude. Hopefully he never purchases an expensive item and it not be covered after only 6 months of purchase. GulfStream really needs to value their customers better and stick to their guarantees!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I bought a 17 ft track and trail in Feb 2016 and have had nothing but issues. First we had water leaking in the floors when we pulled it in the rain, The frame/undercarriage is rusting, The paint on the back of the camper is peeling off and rusting. The vinyl decals are all bubbled and cracking. All of these known issues and Gulfstream says these are not covered under warranty. I would never recommend anyone to buy from Gulfstream. I think I need to get a good lawyer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

This trailer leaks water during rains over the master bed where your head lays. The company I bought the trailer from said warranty will not cover the repairs as the roof top is loose. They told me it would between $7,000.00 to $10,000.00 to replace the roof. Would like to get rid of this trailer but cannot afford to trade it off.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

This review is mixed. Full of Happy memories, concerns, as well as constant repair on a daily basis. We have owned this trailer since 2008. When asked why they were giving it up all they said was that they did not use it enough to justify the cost of regular maintenance. From the first month we discovered what they were talking about. We were living in it with our children and found that we were boiling hot or freezing cold. We replaced the furnace and tarred the roof to stop some of the leaks. After a few more months we had to have the whole roof replaced, the furnace fan repaired, the fridge repaired twice, the stove repaired, the floor repaired, the board that held up the queen mattress was replaced and the door had to be fixed. This was only the beginning. We discovered that the leaks never ended, the insulation was not to claim and the problems never stopped.

We have had some good memories over the years but none were of the trailer itself. We wish that we could afford to replace it with something newer but we cannot afford it. Would love some clues as to how to stop the relentless leaks. Some guidance on the fridges that never last. Also we would love some support and honesty as to why the insulation was not what was claimed. Having said all that, the trailer has not completely rotted away but not with out a lot of sleepless nights and extra hours to pay for it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I own a 40' GulfStream Sun Voyager 2007 class A Motorhome and I found out water leaks from the back lights on both side that create damages on the inside back walls. I couldn't believed getting water leaks from backlights. The damages are difficult to repair and the reason is that finish panelboards are glue to polyfoam so it is very difficult to remove those damaged panelboard. Finally there is no solution to eliminate water leaks from backlights. So I do recommend to stay away from GulfStream products because of their poor quality of their products.

Original review: May 16, 2016

I made the mistake and bought a Canyon Trail from Gulfstream. So far these are the problems I've encountered: Door lock wouldn't work, had to grind out bigger hole in door jamb. Later, had to replace the keyboard for the electronic door lock. Wipes on slides do not go out when slide is opened. Have to push them with stick to go out. Gulfstream couldn't tell me how to sanitize the potable water tank. Numerous trim pieces had to be re-secured inside trailer. Can't adjust air flow to burner on stove, best answer, let it burn with yellow flame. Ceiling fan/vent had water leaks. Trailer running lights on back had water leaks. One side window had a water leak. I had to caulk all of these places since these problems showed while we were out of town. Found staples above refrigerator slide were scraping the roof on the slide, digging a groove in the roof material. Had to have them cut or removed, dealer did the work.

Electric heating on hot water didn't work, needed a thermostat. Shower had numerous leaks around base. Water leaks into basement from shower. Laminate siding on bathroom door is pulling away from door frame. Venetian blind by kitchen sink had to be replaced. Second slide scrapes across the linoleum. Pin holding side support to steps fell out; shortly thereafter another pin fell out. Carpet edge was tearing away from carpet. The material covering the lounge chairs is cracking. None of the waste tank indicators works correctly. Dealer had to replace black tank, a 2-inch screw from the flooring was screwed into the tank. Dealer's repairman found shop towels in black tank after draining it.

Water safety electric outlet had to be replaced, lost one electric circuit. Both sink faucets had to be replaced. Awning and awning motor had to be replaced. Currently trying to get the factory to fix a manufacturing defect: found out nose insulation was not installed all the way to the roof. Bedroom got hot when sun shined on it. Reduced advertised R-14 insulation to R-1.

Original review: April 15, 2016

After purchasing a new 2014 GulfStream Kingsport and had an experience like most with not one but two blowouts after a year and half and less than 1,000 miles on the tires. So we replaced them at the tune of $900 since it was in the middle of nowhere that we experience the second blowout on the spare that never touched the ground, same side. We had been fixing up the damage since it was quite expensive and time-consuming that my husband noticed with the expectation label vs the wheels and tires that came with the trailer were not correct.

So long story short we contacted GulfStream with this concern, in which they could care less and a Ms. Diane ** was rude and kept referring the tires (in which we still have two intact) were dry rotted. Well that definitely was not the case and we proved that. She argued why it took so long. Because until we were looking at possibly purchasing large wheels and were checking with our owner's manual and the labels on the trailer, we realized that they put on the wrong tires, wheels and or label. No one cares and they are not returning calls. When I asked her in an email who was her boss no response. I gave them a week to call me and nothing. I want everyone to know about how you are treated by this company after you purchase, and it is a safety issue. This was a C rated tire put on and it should have been a D rated. The wheel should be 16 not 15.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

The front window and front side windows over the cab as well as the side windows leaked down into the walls. Part of the problem were the weep hole in the bottom tracks of the sliders were too small and not far enough forward. When you park on a slight decline, the water doesn't drain out of the tracks fast enough, spilling into the camper.

I removed all the interior plywood, mostly with a putty knife being spongy like it was... and replaced and added additional 2X2 studs. Several thousand dollars later, I still cannot find one freaking leak in the front cab over. I can't install the foam and new plywood until I find the damned leak! Because there was so much water on the inside of the RV, the crap-paper covered doors began shedding their fake wood paper. That looks lovely. Hoping paint will help. Water damage to the carpet will require removal of the carpet, which is no big deal, but another pain from the water getting in. I think I found all the roof leaks, but the next one will have a solid fiberglass roof!

My wife refuses to camp in it because the toilet stall is too tight. I told her to lose weight, but that didn't help matters much. She also thinks the shower is a bit tight. Same response from me but it didn't go over any better the second time around. The back bedroom uses a short queen mattress. When you can find one, you pay out the backside for a marginal mattress. Other than that a few issues with the generator starting system, minor electrical issues. I knew it was a five year old RV, but given all the problems we've had, I will not be buying another Conquest.

Original review: June 21, 2015

This was our dream camper. We really splurged to have this park model, two bedroom camper. We have had nothing but problems since then. All three slide outs leak and we have spent endless time and money trying to control the water damage. Did you know that your camper insurance doesn't cover any kind of water damage? Well check into that because it doesn't. Now the floor under our dinette is falling in. We have had to cut a piece of plyboard and use jacks to keep the floor from falling all the way through. This is from water damage so of course... it’s not covered!

The manufacturer warranty is for 2 years. We began having all our problems right around this time or a little before so they will do nothing to help. This has been a nightmare. Our camper smells moldy and I'm sure it can't be good for our health. The floors now creak throughout the camper and I'm just wondering how long before the whole thing rots and molds away? We will of course still be paying for it years after this happens. Oh, as I write this we are spending this weekend in the moldy, smelly, very expensive camper with no AC. Can it get any better?

Original review: May 20, 2015

2012 Gulfstream Conquest - We bought brand new late April 2012 and in January 2015, we had found water damage in bedroom closet. Took it to local dealer and they said there was electrolysis, which occurs over time and that this would have been leaking since was put on lot because the electrolysis occurs when water is getting inside, without visible knowledge, and eventually ate through metal of outside. Called original dealer which we bought it, took it there and they said same thing.

Took pictures, sent to GulfStream (which they are terrible at returning calls or emails). I finally got response and they said it is preventative maintenance, which the problem that happened is caused from something that takes a long time to happen. So insurance won't pay because 2 dealerships state this is caused from the manufacturing process, and GulfStream will not do anything about it. Will NEVER buy again! We bought brand new so there would not be any problems but I guess we made wrong decision!!! When you have 2 dealerships that tell you this is caused from manufacturing off lot, it is very frustrating they will not do anything about it. We would have later down road bought another, but it WILL NOT BE GULFSTREAM!!!

Original review: June 24, 2014

We are purchasing a 1991 model 8380 Class A Gulfstream. We have owned several trailers including fifth wheels. I noticed complaints about brakes. Brakes have to be serviced. I have no apprehensions about this coach though it is older and needs work. When you buy a used coach you either need to be mechanically capable of performing an inspection or pay someone to do so. If you do your own brake work, you need a large floor jack! Motor homes, like many small aircraft, sit idle most of the time. Electrical contacts and metal components corrode. Either you need to be able to troubleshoot and fix things, hire someone competent to do it or just buy a new unit that would require less maintenance. Don't buy a used piece of equipment and expect it to be perfect. Be fair!

Original review: June 5, 2014

We've mostly had normal wear and tear issues that are greater than prior coach, but not what I would consider way out of line. However, when we have needed information about replacement parts or how to repair or service this company is a big failure. They do not return calls. When you find someone to talk to they can't help or direct you. They don't have the ability to tell you part numbers for basic things that need replacing. Though I love our coach, I wouldn't buy it again for lack of customer support and confidence. I think the whole industry should be required to keep and make available information about parts for critical mechanical problems.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

Purchased mid-June 2013. Has been in the shop for everything from structural problems, leaks, brakes, etc. In shop for 42 days out of 78. We managed 2 trips this year, both nightmares. The last having such horrible brake problems, we didn't know if we would make it home safely. Structure itself is already starting to "rack" as if it is not sound.

After having it less than 60 days, we decided to ask our dealership to assist us in returning the unit. It took them until Late August to tell us they would not assist us. They told us "You bought it, it's your property." There are no lemon laws for campers so what law protects us in this case? Are we just out $14,000?!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2011

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Independence which I believe is unsafe. It will only travel 61 miles an hour end then cuts out. Ford VP, Chris ***, told me to bring it to a US ford dealer as no one was in our area. I did six trips which he assured me that Ford would look at expenses. They never did. He hung up on me and said they were done and would not honour the emission warranty. Very disappointed. Will never buy another Ford.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2010

We dealt on a new 2008 Class A Motorhome, but after signing the deal, we found out it was a demonstrator 2007 model year. In addition to numerous problems at possession, the fact is that depreciation alone is worth US $50,000.00. We are of the opinion that it is fraud, either with Gulf Stream or La Mesa or both. Since we are Canadians, it is a very difficult matter and we have not found any legal assistance to date.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2009

In 5-9-06 I purchase a new golfstream camper from ballantyne rv in victor ny last year a leak developed in the rubber roof system I contacted the dealer ship they asked to bring it there at a cost of 100.00 dollars for an evaluation it was found to have an improperly installed seal at the roof line at that time the manufacturer was notified since I have been in contact with the manufacturer on a couple of occasions at this point they have agreed to fix my camper but they are refuseing to come here and make the repair they are requesting that I transport my camper 2500 miles at my exspence to have the problem fixed. i feel that this is unaceptable I am willing to return it to the place of purchase and from there I believe that it is their responcibility to do what it takes to get he problem taken care of this camper has a ten year warrenty on he roof system and at this point I see no relief in site I am retired and am not finacily able to just pick up and drive that far when this problem is due to a manufacture defect. I would appreciate any help in this matter I think that they are taken advantage of the situation in hopes that I will be unable to get it there.The dealer ship where it was purchased is able to make the repairs needed but golf stream is refuseing to let them to be more cost effective please help

GulfStream Coach RV expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Gulf Stream manufactures RV and RV products, offering 26 brands and over 100 models. It has been a family-owned and operated company since its founding in 1993. You can find Gulf Stream RVs at dealerships across the United States.

• Product range: Whether you want a motorhome, a lightweight camping trailer or a deluxe destination trailer, Gulf Stream has a product for you. Check online to see their full range of RVs.
    • Construction types: Gulf Stream cares about construction quality, and they employ three different construction methods: conventional, laminated walls and “Build a Better Way” reinforced construction. Gulf Stream uses a combination of galvanized steel, aluminum, wooden studs and more to keep you safe.
    • Online floor plans: Gulf Stream makes it easy to find an RV to fit your vacation style. You can view several different floor plans online, and when you find one you like, you can search to find it at the dealer closest to you.
    • Free quotes: Choose a model, floor plan and some amenities to get a free quote from Gulf Stream. You can also trade in an RV for credit toward a new purchase.
    • Customer resources: Check the Gulf Stream website for updates about new releases and RV news. You can also view owners’ manuals and brochures and view Gulf Stream’s calendar to follow upcoming events and shows.
    • Best for: vacationers who want a new RV.
    Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
    David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

GulfStream Coach RV Company Information