4.03/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Dart

Originally designed as a compact full-size car, the Dodge Dart was discontinued in 2016. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Dart Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2019

(Little background) Traded in my 2010 Avenger for this 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye (1.4 turbo w/ 6 speed manual). At the time of trade my transmission in my avenger was going and I needed something reliable but wanted manual, well I found my dart around 55k miles. Bad part - was under on the Avenger so I was already hesitant on looking at something newer due to still owing on that. Good part- even with the negative equity I ended up with a car with 55k miles, fully loaded on options for $14k (most models are around $8-9k however the one I got was around 10,500 before trade).

Actual review: Bought this in the south and drove it home to Pennsylvania (those who do not know, there's two seasons in Pennsylvania Winter and Deer). The myth around here is you need AWD or 4WD for snow, however I beg to differ. The Dart being FWD (still with Texas tires so I had no tread on them compared to winter) got me everywhere I needed to be and more, only downfall was the manual had "fun" starting in first but was amazing in terms of handling in snow and general driving. After winter, I unfortunately had an "oh deer" moment, now for most people that do not know a lot of cars don't take deer impact very well (at least ones I've seen). The Dart took a deer impact at 35mph was able to drive around 150miles give or take until I could get it into a shop front impact.

Final thoughts: If you're looking for a turbo vehicle with manual that doesn't kill you for payments and can handle winter weather (and deer) very well this is your car. If you're looking for a sedan with a lot of options that consistently gets 30mpg this is the car for you. (Haven't driven an automatic one yet so I won't say anything on that note) If you're looking for something you can modify a bit (not quite 90s Civic level of modifying) this is the car for you (specifically the 1.4L has a lot more options than the 2.0 or 2.4 in terms of mods however they all have a decent amount).

If you're looking for something that is manual this is the car for you (my Dart shifts better then any vehicle I've driven in terms of smoothness, and I've driven WRX's, an Evo, VR-4 3000gt, etc... (Just to give an idea) Also side note the 1.4L yes is a Fiat engine, however it is the engine used in the Abarth line (Fiats performance series, and again just noting because some people will be skeptical of it) any questions you have specific to the vehicle I advise to look into forums due to them being pretty in depth.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased a low mileage 73 Dart Custom Sedan with the 318 carter 2 barrel and 727 torque-flite automatic. Had to rebuild the front end and replace some parts but overall it's been wonderful - easy to work on, easy to get parts for, and gets looks everywhere I daily drive it. I avg 17.5 driving which isn't bad, it's very comfortable - no rattles, the seat belts suck. Large trunk - smooth ride. Great power - will pull small trailer easy, factory A/C works great nice and cold. My only other complaint beside the seat belts is the wipers. It the linkages break from the wiper pivots. You have to remove the HVAC vents, gauge cluster, drop the steering column, remove the glove box, radio and ashtray which can be a pain, overall it's a great car which I enjoy driving and working on.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Bought a 2013 Dart new. All 4 tires had to be replaced after 18,000 miles. Dealer said there is a recall out on all but that batch of tires. Six months later at Discount Tire we had to have one of the tires replaced, then we had to have all 4 rims replaced. Then another tire. They constantly lose air and I am putting air in them twice each week. Went back to Discount Tire and was told the rims need to be replaced and the sensors. The car still has less than 40,000 miles on it. So from 2013 to 2018 and within less than 40,000 miles we have had 9 tires and 8 rims.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was looking for a car after getting in a car accident. I found this really luckily. It was a great priced used car, with a lot less miles than you would expect for a 2013 Dodge Dart. It's a great car and I am really happy with my choice. I love the four doors. The backup camera is awesome. I love the Bluetooth and touchscreen in the interior. The seats are comfy and the gas mileage is great. Overall this car is awesome. Looks good and drives well! There were a few mechanical issues so far but nothing too bad. Just hope there no more while I have this car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I like Dodge vehicles, and I've been really satisfied with Dart Limited. It's fun to drive, and different than what I've been driving for the most part. It's the top of the line as far as the Dart goes. The interior is well-appointed with heated leather seats, and steering wheel, remote start, and many other cool features, which are standard on the Limited. After driving pickups and SUVs with V-8 engines, it's been a different driving experience, since my engine is a Turbo, and there is a minor lag.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Dart?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have had a great experience with my 2013 Dodge Dart. It has run great with low cost maintenance. It gets good mileage. It has plenty of room to meet my needs. I am able to go shopping and travel very comfortable. It is so easy to drive I like all the technology aspects - the in-dash navigation system - the Bluetooth ability to be able to use my cell phone hands free. I like the controls on the steering wheel. It is so easy to control all extras on my car. I did a lot of research before I bought this car and am very happy with my choice. It does everything I want a car to do. And it has never disappointed me.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have the limited edition version and I am so in love with my Dodge Dart! I'm so glad I purchased it. It's an amazing car, a super reliable car. And it's also so much fun to drive and be in! I love the heated everything, the Bluetooth everything, the sunroof, the digital speedometer, the mileage, the leather everything, the trunk space is huge, the wheels and tires are so nice as well. I just don't like that it doesn't have a turbo! But I will definitely eventually put one in lol. It's still pretty fast without but I want it faster hahaha.

Original review: June 15, 2018

It rides nice, has a lot of pickup, comfortable seating, gets pretty good gas mileage considering it's a V6, doesn't make any noise, handles nicely, even in snow. It was on sale for a song and it was too good a deal to pass, up, plus it had lots of room to haul our basset hounds around in back. But the front of the car is too curved downward, you can't see it when you pull into a space to park and if you park into a curb you can hit the front of the car on it because you can't see, also cannot easily see behind or to the side due to shape of car.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart after owning a new Chevy Cruze for 2 years. Hated that delay start/restart engine in the Cruze. The Cruze was an awful car. The Dart rides and handles much better than the Cruze. Get great gas mileage. It is a real shame Dodge stopped making this car.

Original review: May 2, 2018

This Dodge Dart has a lot of smaller thing go wrong. The sunroof keeps getting out of sync and won't open or close right, the radio appears to have a short as it will emit a very loud pop and lose all the channels except the base, the front end started creaking before 30k miles, the car won't recognize the key fob is in the vehicle... just to name a few issues. The sunroof is the only thing the dealership would fix.

Dodge Dart Company Information