Dodge Dart

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I owned a 1972 Dodge Dart. It had a 318 with Holly Double Carbs. It was a two door and my first school car. I bought five slotted mags for it and we got a new paint job. I had it painted up to look like the "Starsky and Hutch" car from TV. It was great on gas. I remember "scoopin the loop"... All in all I spent around $3000.00 for it. It handled like a dream. It had enough get up and go that when you stepped into it you could get around slower traffic on the highway with no problem, yet keep it from getting away from you. I had it painted up and it looked real sweet. We also put big tires in the back and small in the front to give it that "Muscle Car" look. I bought it in 1982, so it was already ten years old. I ran it for 3 years and then decided to sell it. It was a very dependable Mopar. Always started even on cold days of ice and snow and sub temps.

Runs well on regular gas. I love to drive on freeway with it. Gets good gas mileage. The cost is low compared to other vehicles and its price range. It runs well on the freeway. Gets your gas mileage city and highway. Has good control, good handling in bad weather. Cost of the vehicle is low compared to other vehicles in the same category. The vehicles appearance is why most consumers buy it, and for the price it looks like a foreign or European sports car. Comes in a lot of cool colors that are different from other cars on the road. The car seems very durable. The traction control is normal for a medium to small size car. Seems like it is holding up through the years and regards to rust and corrosion. I am all in good general maintenance on the car and has not have any major issues.

It was a fun vehicle to drive. My friends and I did a lot of driving in this car. It lasted a long time for me and didn't require a lot of work. This car was everything I needed it to be at the time. I didn't have to fix a lot if things on this car. Maintenance was easy and cheap. It was a cute car for a girl to drive. It didn't come in a lot of girly colors but the colors were good enough. It was sporty looking enough for me. Since I drove it a lot it lasted quite well. I wasn't the best with getting the maintenance done, but it held up anyway. It didn't get too dinged up even though I hit a few things.

The Dart lasted 17 years. It was bought by my father. Eventually I passed it on to my son. He used it as his first car for 5 years and was sad when he had to give it up (due to serious rust problems). The engine had over 200,000 miles and was still in decent shape. Decent gas mileage for its time (1970s-1980s), reasonable power. I do not recall how large the engine was, but we never had problems getting up any of the major hills in our area. It was an average car. Due to the metals used in the 1970s, it was subject to rusting and we had to have it fixed several times. Eventually the rust situation was bad enough that the car was junked. Over 200,000 miles when i gave it to my son, and he used it for two trips of more than 2,000 miles. My father drove cross-country twice in it, once pulling a light tent trailer.

Car had a bad engine which needed replacement. This made the car unusable for 6 months and when the engine was finally replaced, it lasted less than 2 months. When the engine ran the car was great, but it rarely ran so its performance basically stunk. Overall that car was awful and unusable while I owned it. It was a brown two-door sporty car with a slant 6 engine. It was well rounded in style. Roomy interior showed signs of body rot. Not convertible 8k miles. Sportiest car I ever owned. Car broke down at 52,000 miles and was eventually sent to junk yard. One of the absolute worst cars I ever owned. Car also had carburetor problems which we bypassed by installing manual choke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Dart?

Gets great gas mileage around about forty miles to the gallon. Cannot complain one bit with its emphasis on gas mileage. Awesome ride. Drives smooth like silk. Couldn't have any better ride. Experience beyond words. Great quality and manufacturing, great detail to design and car effective. Great aerodynamics. A smooth comfortable ride like flying on air. Great control on and off road, can stand the test of the road conditions on these Kentucky broadcasting. Could not ask for a better car. Good control on water, snow, rain, sleet and dry conditioners speed. The antilock brake system is a key to the quality control of the dart. Awesome. Would recommend this car to anyone who would listen to methods, the road in curves and speed from zero to sixty in about five seconds, not bad for a dodge. Great style and quality steering controls.

The car was a great car, it was a color that I love and any time I went anywhere in it I had no problems with it. We had it for years and years - I finally gave it to my son when he went off to school. The car ran great. It started right up all the time, almost the whole time we had it we only had small issues with it such as tires, windshield wipers and brakes. I highly recommend it. Our car was a beautiful car, inside and out. I was proud to drive it and show it off to my friends and coworkers. It was a very classy looking car and I thought it looked like it was more expensive than it actually was. It was a great little car. It gave us no major problems in all the many years that we had it. It started each time I need it to, even in harsh Pennsylvania winters.

I love my Dart. It gets great gas mileage. I love the sporty look and high powered engine. I get compliments and have definitely noticed more on the road. I've had my Dart for a year now. Maintenance has been affordable and minor. It's very computerized and I'm sure I have yet to discover all its features. I have a red one and I love it! Super cool retro looking tail lights. Compact but very well designed. I love, love, love this car!!! I have taken it on two road trips. Rarely stopped for gas. It was great. Handled this the long drive very well. Very smooth ride. Tires are holding up very well too.

It has been a great work car for me with the great gas mileage and comfort for what I need. Plus it has enough room for more than just me to pick up and go for a weekend trip. Also love the power it has for passing lines. The performance is great for such a small car. Most people think because of its size it's one of the little Eco cars with no power but they are wrong.

The appearance is great either the decals and paint options. Just wish that they would have added some of the old dart body lines or looks on the inside of the car. This car gas great durability. It sits outside in Wyoming winters and will start right up and handles the snow covered roads like no one's business. Plus the interior can also handle up with two kids and two dogs.

The vehicle has been dependable for my family of six. It has been reliable and spacious. The safety features are extremely well equipped and makes me very comfortable with my children being in the vehicle. The horsepower of the vehicle is amazing. It runs smooth and the brakes are great. The roar of the motor is like a purring in my ear. This vehicle is amazing in all aspects and I do not have any complaints. The blue color of the vehicle is beautiful. The leather interior is extremely comfortable and cool. The outside of the car is just as beautiful as the inside. I am always receiving compliments about the car. I can haul a lot of items within the trunk and back seats of this vehicle. It can run and maintain traction in all weather. It doesn't overheat and it runs great.

I pay a certain amount each month that I can afford and it doesn't cost a lot of money to get little minor things fixed. I'm gonna keep this car until it can't drive anymore. This car drives great. It don't take any time to pick up. It drives very very smooth. You can even tell if it's on because it don't make any kind of noise. When driving it feels life you are floating. It's so much room in the inside. It's really nice in the inside and out. The seats are very comfortable. Every color I seen looks really, really great. I wouldn't change anything about it. This car is great in all weather. It have four wheel drive so you don't have to worry about getting stuck anywhere. I haven't been in an accident but I do believe I'll be good if I was to.

Runs well, easy to maintain, good mileage, seats 4 comfortably and wheelchair fits in trunk. Love, love, love it. I know I made the right choice. Great gas mileage, refreshing after driving a gas guzzler, good turning radius, handles well in city or on highway, easy maintain, economic, awesome. Super stylish, not quite the same as all the other cars on the road, fun because my first car was a dart too. I'd have to say I like this one better. Very reliable. Quick vacuum and trash pickup and it looks new again. Stands up well to kids and their friends, does perfect job on taxi duty.

The car payment was cheaper than any other model over various dealerships. I bought this car because I needed something fast and affordable. The car could be faster and made a little better. If you're looking for a small cheap and reliable car this is the car for you. It has very little pick up so you would need a bigger engine. Small, cute but just the right size for one or two people. The inside is roomier than expected and the seats are comfortable. I would only put two people in the back because it's a tight squeeze for three. This car is reliable. It can withstand a little beating to it. You wouldn't think this car was built strong but it is. The metal the car is made of is strong.

Great performance and gas mileage with no major mechanical issues or recalls to deal with. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. Great mid-size vehicle. The Dodge Dart gets up to 40 mpg on the highway and averages around 28 overall with the amount that I drive. Great pickup and a smooth ride for a car of its size. Sharp-looking with appealing curves and chassis. The windows can make backing up a little awkward, but the rear camera makes up for any potential blind spots. Can't speak to long-term durability since I haven't owned long enough. Holds up well, but low profile tires make me a little more cautious when on rough roads.

Dodge Dart is built with quality in mind. My experience with my Dodge Dart has changed my perception on the Dodge brand, which I think is evolving to compete with foreign vehicles in durability and quality. I believe that the Dodge Dart has all the features and amenities of some luxury vehicles for a pretty affordable price. The Dodge Dart performs great. I have driven it in numerous weather condition, as well as terrains and it always drives like a champ. I have not yet met a situation that my Dodge dart can't handle. The Dodge Dart is a good looking car. Mine is shiny black and stands out nicely. It has a modern, ergonomic design and looks sharp driving down the road. Again, durability wise, my Dodge Dart has exceeded my expectations. I do a lot of driving and am not always as gentle as I should be on my vehicles. Even considering that, my Dart just goes with the punches and does what I need it to.

It gets me where I need to go. I drive it to the store and everywhere else I need to go. It's a great car and it goes really fast but only when I want it to. The performance of the vehicle is outstanding. Better than I have ever experienced with a vehicle. It picks up speed very fast and goes fast if I need it to. The appearance it beautiful. I love the color and the build of the vehicle. Very durable and built well. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Stands up to the dirt roads that it is drove on. Handles very well on rough roads. I'm satisfied with the durability of this vehicle.

Easy to work on and got me where I was going. It was an older model not like the new ones. Dodge makes good value vehicles. Loved my sport mini van. But the first Dodge experience was a Dart. The only problem I had with the Dodge products was with my mini van sport it was an oil sensor that went out. Really miss my van... the Dart not so much. The Dodge Dart was an older model was square in appearance, a four door, probably the first six cylinder Dodge... My uncle did give me a Dodge pick up truck but it never got delivered before he passed away. The older vehicles were more reliable, not as much plastic and foreign parts as there is nowadays. If people would go back to the old ways things of today would be a lot better.

Great price, easy to maintain and to work on when needed. Smooth ride. Overall a very nice car that I enjoyed for many years. Plan to purchase a Dart again. Love the new storage features they offer. Car got good gas mileage and was super easy to take care of. Oil changes were easy and the stock tires gave a very smooth and comfortable ride. Truly enjoyed driving and riding in this car. Dart has a wonderful appearance; both sporty and sophisticated yet still edgy. Just the right size for my small size so that helped with handling the car; parking and reversing and overall everyday driving was a breeze. I had no issues at all. As previously stated it was super easy to work on and maintain the general day to day things. Never had a breakdown or any major repair needed so I would recommend this car.

It has helped me so much in my life. I feel free in it. It is fast and fits all of my needs to go to point A and to point B. It is comfy as well. The product itself is pretty. I have a red one. It is spacious and rides very quiet. When I go down the road I hear nothing from the car. The appearance is meticulous and the paint job is perfect. Everything works perfectly and the seats are heated! That is my favorite feature. The durability in my opinion is the best out there. I have been through a hail storm with it and it had very little damage. it is so strong.

It was a Older Dodge Dart I had when I was 20. It was a classic. Everybody love the way it look. It was canary yellow with bucket seats and it was fast. They really do not make a classics Dodge Dart like that anymore. It was fast that all I can say 4 barreled 273 v8. The 170 was no longer and simply called Dart and so everyone love that car back in the day. Great radio sound, stick on the floor bucket seats, I just love it. Could not been more happier with this great car. Solid all metal doors were great solid--everything in it was solid. No plastic bumpers, great paint job on there, no rust, did not have to worry about it rusting out roads. I'm satisfied with the durability of this vehicle.

The original price plus fuel economy is real value when coupled with the minimal amount of maintenance other than normal upkeep that is required. Plus it was comfortable and gave good service to the person I sold it to when I decided to get another vehicle. Good power for the size with good takeoff speed to merge into traffic and keep up with the flow. There was never a problem with the car maintaining its overall performance particularly because I kept up with the recommended maintenance regimen. Sleek design in a smaller to midsize vehicle with good clean lines. Very aerodynamic and pleasing to the eye. A good profile from all sides, overall a sleek little car. This vehicle lasted me for a good while and then when I sold it to a friend it gave them good service for a long time. You always feel good when you can sell a vehicle to a friend and be confident that they can rely on it to provide their transportation needs.

The car is very enjoyable to drive and quite spacious. I would recommend people to consider buying a Dodge Dart. The Dodge Dart has great gas mileage on the city and highway. I drive quite always so I picked this car because it has great gas mileage. I have to drive to school for about an hour there and back so my main concern about buying a car was gas mileage. The car has a smooth ride and easy to drive. Again, the gas mileage is wonderful. Appearance of the car is pretty luxurious and to my standards. I was very impressed with the style of this car. I loved the seats as well and the look of the outside. Very sleek.

I'm not very much of a Dodge person but for a compact car the dart was okay. I'm just more of Chevy person so I didn't have it very long and I sold it for pretty cheap. Overall living in Mississippi the roads are very bumpy so I'm going to say the car drove well but I'm not completely sure. But it does get up and go. The appearance of the Dart is very sporty which I liked but it didn't have much of a back seat so I had to get rid of it due to lack of space. But overall the appearance was nice. I didn't have the car long enough to know if it was durable. I never had to fix anything in the vehicle so I would give it a 5. I love the shortness of the car.

It brought me a little more comfort when driving and allowed me to get from place to place without as much a hassle as other manufacturers have given me. It performed very well on the road and the suspension was not too soft, but not too hard that I was bumping up and down on the road all the way to where I was going. It's got a very stylish look, along with the nice compact and nice edged look to it. Although I think the design could've gotten a little more work done on it since I personally don't like the front as much as other cars I've owned. The durability is outstanding, to the point that it's the car I've owned for the longest time (5 years). With the Dart, I'd say that it will last you for well over the amount you spent on it.

Dodge Dart Company Profile