2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

The Dodge Challenger is a muscle car that currently has 15 different models to choose from. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Dodge Challenger Shop Now on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Shop Now on Rydeshopper

Dodge Challenger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Challenger?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Challenger?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I own a 2014 Dodge Challenger with 80,000 miles and it now has a tapping noise from the engine, called Dodge to get some assistance and was told by supervisor what the warranty is. And if you look up Challengers with the v6 engine they have problems. I was advised they will do nothing.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The overall appearance of this vehicle is Outstanding in style and looks of the older classic Mopar muscle car era. The comfort of this car is excellent for in town runs as well as long highway trips/vacations due to the fact of the very roomy driver and passenger space. The trunk boasts a good amount of room for packing all of your creature comforts that would accompany you on your beach getaway, camping/fishing weekends. Along with hidden storage for that spare tire and small toolbox you hopefully won't need to use.

Now in my opinion the rear wheels and tires that come standard on this vehicle are worthless due to the fact of the 6.4 liter Hemi that spins the rear tires without you even really trying to. Other than that this car is a blast to drive. It corners well, accelerates very fast and rides like a comfy sedan instead of a sport car that it truly is. The add on options are endless for anybody who wants to stand out of the normal crowd. And as for the weekend warriors that like to even take it to the track and run their beast down the local drag strip with the added sport, and super drag pack modes included. There are several different styles and options to choose from.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Can't beat performance, handling and surprisingly good comfort for the price. Gas mileage is excellent for this size car (30 mpg highway). No big issues but have had about $200 worth of repairs out of warranty. Car has more features for price than competitors. Did I mention the HUGE trunk?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Very comfortable ride, great pickup, manual mode is fun to drive. Dodge City dealership in Burlington NJ - very customer friendly. John ** - very good sales guy! Some minor issues-trunk hydraulics don’t work in below 32 F weather, should get repaired by the dealership, still under warranty. Good experience overall.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We bought our 2018 Dodge Challenger and it is less than 9 months old with less than 5500 miles on it. Three months ago we recognized that there was a crack in the front bumper’s plastic piece. The crack got bigger and now it runs north and south in the bumper plastic piece. We have taken it to 2 Dodge dealerships for verification that nothing has hit it. Both dealerships were in agreement that nothing has hit the car!! Dodge Corporation has failed to cover the piece! When talking to Dodge, they informed me that they do not have “Bumper to Bumper Warranty”. I am DISGUSTED BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! IT IS CLEARLY A MANUFACTURING DEFECT!!! No one needs to ever do business with them!!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

How in the world we can drive $30,000+ vehicle and the alternator has a recall. I contacted my local dealership, being like everyone else who expects their car to cut off on the damn interstate! Dealership tells me to drop car off at 8 and pick up around same time. Wth? It's an hr at the most and I'm being nice giving that extra 30 min. I inquire about a loaner or rental so I won't miss work, of course they don't offer that service. Smh. So I had to pay $175 to get it towed, now I'll be out money for a rental? This has been a terrible experience. Hell they act like it's my fault about the damn alternator.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My Scat Pack currently has less than 18600 miles and always put away in storage from Dec through 1st week of March. I noticed back in Dec while the car was put away that the coolant level was a bit low but did not see any puddles and didn't think anything of it. When I first took it out beginning of March for a short drive, afterward I noticed the level was lower so I assumed a leak. I looked under the hood towards the bottom of the radiator and noticed a few drops of coolant. I made an appt. at Fields Dodge, Glenview for an inspection. They basically charged me $145 to check and to tell me that I have a leak and the radiator needs to be replaced. Also 1 rear shock also has a leak and the upper radiator hose had a "bubble".

When I asked the service tech Dave, where the leak exactly was he said, "I don't know, it's all over the side of the radiator but I don't know where it's leaking from". They didn't even do a pressure test and told me to pay over $1200 for a new radiator. I had thought I was still covered but they told me my warranty ended in Feb. They refused to replace it as a goodwill. When I called Dodge customer service, they told me it expired 3 days ago, March 12th. Dodge customer service was of no help. They outright refused to offer anything because my warranty expired only 3 days ago. I spoke with the service manager at Fields who mentioned the radiator is made of plastic & aluminum and the leak may be from a seam on the side. He offered 15% off the repairs but I thought it was ridiculous a near mint car with very low mileage and also stored in the winter and never driven hard has these problems early on.

Also looking in several Dodge forums, there seems to be some issue with 2015 Challenger's radiators' "weepage" or leaks, either from the radiator or where the hoses connect. I think Dodge knows of this problem with their radiators. It's of inferior quality and they are doing nothing about it and basically telling their customers who are out of warranty to ** off like what happened to me. This car was over $46000 new, and is a high performance vehicle with low quality components which failed prematurely and it's not just my car, it's a good number of others with the same issue. When Dodge totally refused to offer me anything they just lost another repeat customer. This is terrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

It has nice features in the car, I feel that their cars have a tough design. The brand is pretty famous and Ford's specific cars have a unique name. Their cars work perfectly because I just need cars for driving, nothing else is important. The design isn't what I look for because I bought the cheapest Ford car I could find. It's an okay design, I don't care about it but it's really cool. I'd say that the Ford designs have a nice texture the way they design it. It's easy and it can last when I drive during bad weather. There weren't any damage on my car and it looks new as it was bought.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Dodge always fails me. They break down more than any car and I have had horrible experience with the alternators in each Dodge I have owned. I do not recommend this product nor would I ever buy it again. I cannot depend on this brand to get me where I want to go. It's a horrible brand. Not reliable. The interior design is just not good at all. The outer look to it is ok but that's where it ends. Most Dodges look good but fail to provide the needs that I need in a vehicle. I do not trust this brand at all anymore. It breaks down more than it should. I do not think it's durable in the least. If anything it's fragile and breaks down. The alternator is bad. Everything about it is bad in general.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

It is a dependable car and enjoy driving it, it has tons of power and a joy to drive. It drives like a dream. Have driven it from Phoenix to Las Vegas many times this year and glad I had this car. It performs perfectly. Has tons of power and practically drives itself. It has very good gas millage and have been on so many trips with this car and it has never failed me. It looks great and has a stylish look. I feel good driving this car. It is like a girl, all the curves are in the right places and looks sexy. Sometimes I think I drive this car too much as I am always traveling and it has never failed me. It is a very reliable car and I am so glad I decided to purchase it.

Dodge Challenger Company Information