4.08/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Challenger

The Dodge Challenger is a muscle car that currently has 15 different models to choose from. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Challenger Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

We bought our 2018 Dodge Challenger and it is less than 9 months old with less than 5500 miles on it. Three months ago we recognized that there was a crack in the front bumper’s plastic piece. The crack got bigger and now it runs north and south in the bumper plastic piece. We have taken it to 2 Dodge dealerships for verification that nothing has hit it. Both dealerships were in agreement that nothing has hit the car!! Dodge Corporation has failed to cover the piece! When talking to Dodge, they informed me that they do not have “Bumper to Bumper Warranty”. I am DISGUSTED BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! IT IS CLEARLY A MANUFACTURING DEFECT!!! No one needs to ever do business with them!!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

How in the world we can drive $30,000+ vehicle and the alternator has a recall. I contacted my local dealership, being like everyone else who expects their car to cut off on the damn interstate! Dealership tells me to drop car off at 8 and pick up around same time. Wth? It's an hr at the most and I'm being nice giving that extra 30 min. I inquire about a loaner or rental so I won't miss work, of course they don't offer that service. Smh. So I had to pay $175 to get it towed, now I'll be out money for a rental? This has been a terrible experience. Hell they act like it's my fault about the damn alternator.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My Scat Pack currently has less than 18600 miles and always put away in storage from Dec through 1st week of March. I noticed back in Dec while the car was put away that the coolant level was a bit low but did not see any puddles and didn't think anything of it. When I first took it out beginning of March for a short drive, afterward I noticed the level was lower so I assumed a leak. I looked under the hood towards the bottom of the radiator and noticed a few drops of coolant. I made an appt. at Fields Dodge, Glenview for an inspection. They basically charged me $145 to check and to tell me that I have a leak and the radiator needs to be replaced. Also 1 rear shock also has a leak and the upper radiator hose had a "bubble".

When I asked the service tech Dave, where the leak exactly was he said, "I don't know, it's all over the side of the radiator but I don't know where it's leaking from". They didn't even do a pressure test and told me to pay over $1200 for a new radiator. I had thought I was still covered but they told me my warranty ended in Feb. They refused to replace it as a goodwill. When I called Dodge customer service, they told me it expired 3 days ago, March 12th. Dodge customer service was of no help. They outright refused to offer anything because my warranty expired only 3 days ago. I spoke with the service manager at Fields who mentioned the radiator is made of plastic & aluminum and the leak may be from a seam on the side. He offered 15% off the repairs but I thought it was ridiculous a near mint car with very low mileage and also stored in the winter and never driven hard has these problems early on.

Also looking in several Dodge forums, there seems to be some issue with 2015 Challenger's radiators' "weepage" or leaks, either from the radiator or where the hoses connect. I think Dodge knows of this problem with their radiators. It's of inferior quality and they are doing nothing about it and basically telling their customers who are out of warranty to ** off like what happened to me. This car was over $46000 new, and is a high performance vehicle with low quality components which failed prematurely and it's not just my car, it's a good number of others with the same issue. When Dodge totally refused to offer me anything they just lost another repeat customer. This is terrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

It has nice features in the car, I feel that their cars have a tough design. The brand is pretty famous and Ford's specific cars have a unique name. Their cars work perfectly because I just need cars for driving, nothing else is important. The design isn't what I look for because I bought the cheapest Ford car I could find. It's an okay design, I don't care about it but it's really cool. I'd say that the Ford designs have a nice texture the way they design it. It's easy and it can last when I drive during bad weather. There weren't any damage on my car and it looks new as it was bought.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Dodge always fails me. They break down more than any car and I have had horrible experience with the alternators in each Dodge I have owned. I do not recommend this product nor would I ever buy it again. I cannot depend on this brand to get me where I want to go. It's a horrible brand. Not reliable. The interior design is just not good at all. The outer look to it is ok but that's where it ends. Most Dodges look good but fail to provide the needs that I need in a vehicle. I do not trust this brand at all anymore. It breaks down more than it should. I do not think it's durable in the least. If anything it's fragile and breaks down. The alternator is bad. Everything about it is bad in general.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Challenger?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

It is a dependable car and enjoy driving it, it has tons of power and a joy to drive. It drives like a dream. Have driven it from Phoenix to Las Vegas many times this year and glad I had this car. It performs perfectly. Has tons of power and practically drives itself. It has very good gas millage and have been on so many trips with this car and it has never failed me. It looks great and has a stylish look. I feel good driving this car. It is like a girl, all the curves are in the right places and looks sexy. Sometimes I think I drive this car too much as I am always traveling and it has never failed me. It is a very reliable car and I am so glad I decided to purchase it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

This was one of the best investments that I have made when it comes to a vehicle. They are well made and built to last. I have never had any problems with this vehicle. The performance of this vehicle is the best. This vehicle is best in its class and outperforms any vehicle that I have previously owned. This vehicle is very sporty looking. I love its sleek design and body style. I get many looks while on the road. This is the sportiest vehicle in its class. This is the most durable vehicle that I have ever owned. I have over 150000 miles on this vehicle and it is still going with no issues or problems to date.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It is a very fast and high powered vehicle. Kind of reminds me of the batmobile. Very strong and durable with a loud motor. It has top quality performance and it has a loud engine. It can start going fast real quick and faster than most cars that are kind of similar. It has a very sleek design to it. It looks strong and bulky like a warrior car. It's durable and muscular looking with nice sides. You can customize it to look in different styles too. It's very strong and can last ages if you take proper care of it. It rarely breaks down and when it does it maybe once ever 2 years. It is decent to get it fixed up or repaired if need be too.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I liked the car cause it helped me to continue feeling young. Like my college days. Good for taking a lady friend out in or just cruising on a nice day. Never had any major issues in my time of use. Had the acceleration power that a man like a hard revving engine with smooth ride. I felt no pull on the wheel for excellent straight driving with little user control. This car is a go-getter. It grabs people attention. It's suave. It's like the cool you saying "hey this is me and I'm doing my thing. Wanna come with me see where the road takes us?" Very durable seats. Held up no leather tears. Easy to clean interior. Could drive in the worst of weather. It was a smooth durable operator that could handle any fun mess made on the interior.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

The type of vehicle for the amount of money I spent was a great deal. Lots of ammonite for the amount spent. Amazing for the price. Smooth ride, amazing shock control, spectacular handling especially in wet climate. Florida is a hazard to drive in while Raining and this car Handles amazing in the weather. Love the look of the car. It's sleek, intelligent, sexy, smooth and futuristic. Definitely an amazing, beautiful piece of work in the vehicle industry. For the type of weather inclement and the roads constantly being messed up in florida the durability of this vehicle has gone beyond expectations and hasn't seem to fail yet or malfunction.

Dodge Challenger Company Information