2.88/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Ford Focus

The Ford Focus is a compact car that has been around since 1998. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

1413 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought my Ford Focus almost 12 years ago. It is still running well with a minimum of maintenance required. My next car and likely last car will probably be a Focus.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have had the dual clutch fixed twice, today the car was hauled into the dealership because it quit in the middle of a very busy street. No acceleration, no power steering and commands flashing on the screen. I love the car but I was really scared last night when the car would on go 2 mph and no power steering. I'm 71 and it was all I could do to get my car around the corner. I will not buy another Ford. Why aren't these cars corrected since they have so many problems? I hope the car doesn't continue to have problems.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I still have the Ford Focus Hatchback but when I purchased it in 2003, at 25,000 miles and 2 opinions, the transmission had to be replaced. Cost $1,580.00. Ford Home Office would not pay for the repair or replace the car. I only drove to work and back home every day which was less than 30 miles a day. Car has automatic transmission. I will not purchase another Ford ever again. Should have stayed with Honda! I resided in San Antonio TX and purchased the car in San Antonio, TX. Had the car transported to KY where I now reside.

As of this date there are only 70,000 miles on the car! Did not allow Ford to replace the transmission. The issue began when the car died while driving home from work, car was transported by Triple A to Ford. After a few days, picked up car and the transmission was slipping as I was driving out of the Ford Repair shop. The transmission was not having that problem when my car broke down and Ford denied having being the cause while the car was in their shop and was willing to allow me to drive the car home in that condition. Brought the problem to their attention before leaving the lot and Ford refused to repair the transmission on their dime so I had the car towed to a transmission repair shop elsewhere.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The main problem with the car is the select shift transmission. It had to have one of the clutches replaced after only 56,000 miles. It has ruined the trade and resale value of the car. My Ford Focus is a 2012. The new ones sell for less than mine because of the transmission issue. I have had 7 new Ford cars from 1985 to 2012. This is my last one.

Original review: April 29, 2018

This 2015 Ford Focus has a transmission that slips, hesitates, jerks and no pull on a hill. I took it back to Allietta Ford and they said nothing was wrong with my car. I drive it and I know there is something wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Focus?

Original review: April 28, 2018

Fantastic Ford motor company. Gas mpg great, looks outstanding and beautiful paint jobs. Rides great and really works great on the road... recommend Ford Focus 2014 highly.

Original review: April 27, 2018

You can't beat Ford Focus for the price. It get over 35 miles to the gallon city and highway. I've put 138000 miles on mine and the only thing I've had to do is change the oil and I'm on the 2 set on tires.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am totally unhappy with my 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback, cute enough car, mechanically a nightmare. I purchased my Ford in March 2016 @ 42,000 miles. About a week after I purchased the car, I noticed it was running a little rough, I mentioned this to the dealership when they called to see if I was happy with my purchase. That’s when I learned they had clutches even though automatic, he said “they do run a little rough, but the car will adapt to your driving and this will smooth out”… I will mention I know nothing about cars! After a couple of months the problem got worse, I called and made an appointment, they replaced the clutch at no charge. Problem solved, right… Wrong!

When the car was in to be worked on, I googled problems with clutches in Ford Focus, I was not prepared for the amount of issues and repeated issue with the clutch. I picked up my car, and asked if this happens again how long my I covered under the warranty. 100K is what he said. About 8 months later I started having issues, very minor but still an issue. I mentioned this when calling to make an appointment to have my car inspected and the issue was becoming worse, the sales or services person said we may have to keep it overnight because they were extremely busy. I told him I will wait until the weather breaks and bring it back in, asking again, I will be covered, right? “Yes, up to 100K." I dropped my car off to have the clutch replaced about a week ago.

I received a call thinking the work was done and I could pick up the car. I was not prepared for what I was about to hear. “It’s defiantly the clutch, however
    The warranty on your car expired and Ford will not cover the cost…" I told him that can’t be right, I am covered up to 100K miles, currently @ 68K, "yes, we are

sorry, but we were wrong and the coverage for this type of clutch is only 60K??? The cost of the repair will be 1,800." I did not have the clutch replaced and will join the many people for are filing for class action lawsuit against Ford. As they are more than aware of the ongoing problem with the clutches and will do nothing about it…

So people do your homework – DO not purchase a Ford product, they will not stand behind you when you need them the most. Oh, did I mention when the service department called to give me the bad news, I asked why was I having this issue if the clutch problem was fixed the first time. He told me, well this has been an ongoing and Ford has finally fixed the issue with the clutches they are currently replacing. So the bottom line the second clutch was also a faulty clutch as well…

Original review: April 5, 2018

In August 2016 I brought my first car on my own which is a 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback. A few weeks into having the car it kept jerking. I took it back to get check and they said there's nothing wrong with the car. I have put a lot of money into this car already. This week I was on the highway and came to a stop, I pushed on the gas and my car would not go. I had to keep pushing on the gas to make it go. Two mins after that my transmission light appeared. As I'm calling my dad to let him know what's going on I get a message on my screen saying that my transmission is overheating. I had to pull over and get my car towed back to the dealership so they can look at it.

My car has now been at the shop for three days and still have not been looked at. This car has been nothing but trouble since I got it. The only thing they can tell me is something is wrong with the transmission but have to wait until the transmission specialist looks at it which can take another day or two. I am now in a rental car that I'm paying for out of pocket. I called Ford corporate and they told me in two days I'll receive an email that I will have to fill out information for then they will have to investigate and they MIGHT be able to help with something far as warranty. This car has been nothing but a money drainer. If I could I would give my experience 0 stars.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We bought a Ford Focus Trend 2013 about 8 months ago from a government car auction in Sydney NSW Australia. The day we got the car when we put the gear on drive it was given you few shaking jump. The people at the auction said it's ok, it's nothing wrong, just the nature of all Ford Focus. Couple of months later all the power windows stop working. When we took it to the Ford Mechanics they said, "Oh it the motor has gone and it's not under warranty so pay us ($700)." When we got the car back after paying ($700) then we had a letter from Ford that fuel tanks are faulty so take the car to Ford dealer. We took the car. They claimed that they fixed the fault and when we took the car back and took the car to put fuel the fuel gauge wasn't working and it's not filling up more than 10 dollars petrol.

When we took the car back they said, "Oh we have to charge you. It's not under warranty." I said, "But you guys broken the gauge." After they look at it the hopeless Mechanics put some pipe upside down. Now sign came on the screen. Transmission's faulty. We took the car again to Ford. They charge the computer and now calling me. We charge the computer and now the reverse gear not working. Come and take the with no reverse gear or give us permission to diagnose and charge for diagnosis only 1400 dollars and then + the charge for repairs.

I call Ford Australia. Their customer service was very poor. Not helpful at all and first time I've seen that customer service with too much attitude. She was very rude. Can't believe someone at customer service with no skill of customer service. I felt like I'm inside jail and talking with the jail guard. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING FORD. Very bad car and very bad people on the phone and in person at their mechanical workshop. They have a serious issue in the customer communication line. Sorry to say that but unfortunately they don't deserve even one star.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Bought a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 2 years ago and a month later it would not start, had it towed, Ford said they'd never heard of this before...they got it going. It started when it felt like it, we were left stranded numerous times, had it towed. Manager was abrupt and condescending. Car was in their garage and when it decided to start Ford would call, "Come and get it." It started shuddering so back in it goes, beforehand I called the main office where a helpful guy told me to tell Ford to replace the TCM and it's covered, no cost to me. Manager wanted to argue and said it wasn't covered and he had never ever heard of this problem before, lies...I wasn't going to leave until he agreed to replace the TCM, finally he did. I was ready to pitch a tent and not move. (He didn't think that was funny.)

New TCM "fixed" the problem for 3 months, then I was driving on the interstate and lost power then the car surged forward, scared me to death. Then the engine light came on, took it this time to my local garage and it was the 02 sensor, when the mechanic took it out it was burnt. Replaced that and another code had come up, the converter. Had it all "fixed" and I was done. Problem is this car is unfixable, it will just get worse, I wanted to think maybe it'll be okay but the truth is it never will be so I got rid of it. That is the best thing to do and move forward.

Traded it in and bought a Hyundai. Lost money of course and the thought of having to do that upset me greatly but the stress and having to deal with the crooks at Ford are too much. Plus more importantly this car can cause a serious accident. Apparently my car is going to be sold back to Ford who I'm sure will put it back on the lot to sell to a very unfortunate person and the cycle will continue. Run, don't walk and get rid of the car now before you spend thousands more on it then wait for the next thing to happen.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have had countless recalls for this 2013 Ford Focus. Currently, my trunk randomly opens. Pretty scary when you're driving 70 miles on the interstate. I recently took the car in to the dealership for them to fix the latest recall and look at my trunk. They said since it didn't open while at the garage. They had no way of diagnosing it. Basically refused to do anything with it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Had trouble with transmission. Customer service after deal was closed. Left lot to be desired. No mention of problems were mentioned before purchase which is wrong since I need DEPENDABLE transportation. After MANY trips, they did fix it temporarily but who can afford to purchase another car so soon after buying one!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

On 9/15/2015 I bought a use 2014 Ford Focus with 40,300 miles, I felt that I was getting a good car with low miles, but was I in the surprise of my life. I has the car about 5 months and the transmission starting giving me problems. I carry the car back to the dealer, he said the clutch was bad, so they remove it, clean it and put it back in, in other word, put a band-aid on the wound and send it on the way. I had to demand a rental car while they has the car in the shop. What make it so bad some of the customer service people was very hateful to me. Now the warranty is out. They tell me that it will cost $2325 to fix the car. I have call the customer service of Ford and they said that there was nothing they could do to help me, to keep working with the local dealer and let them help me.

But the real problem was, when I ask he was I the only person that call them and complaint about the Focus and the man said yes. I told them I carry the car in twice and they said that they could not put it on the machine because the light was not on to let them know that there was a problem and that they did nothing, now the car have 107,000 miles and not running. I feel that someone should help all of us that have the problem and if I were to buy a new transmission who say that I would not get another bad one. It is not the just the Focus. It is the Fiesta.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I bought the 2013 Ford Focus SE brand new, drove it for a few months, loved it at first then less than 10,000 miles later I started having transmission problems. I took it in and was told they would have to reprogram the computer due to me not using the Auto shift mode. Next thing you know I'm broke down out of state had to have it towed to a dealer that cost me 130.00. They told me it was the transmission shutter would have to order it they kept my car for at least a week.

Drove great for a few thousand miles then started the shuttering again, took it back in, had to reprogram it again kept it for 3 days. Then right at the 30,000 miles it broke down had to have a transmission modular, kept it for about a week. Then close to the 60,000 same problems all over literally the same repeat the shutter, the computer needing to be programmed, and a new modular all during the time to close to 90,000 than was broke completely down would not go into reverse or anything. Took it back in before the warranty was up. Was told that was no recall on it but there was thousands of Focus and Fiestas of that year with the same problems, parts where on back order just about every time. They finally put a whole new transmission system in it, computer, modular, and everything else.

Now today 2/2/2018 it has once again broke down the car was making a loud grinding noise or I guess shuttering, would not shift at all out of second gear and is worse than it ever was. Now remind you from the first time I started having the problems I had several ford mechanics tell me it would not leave me stranded, drive it in S mode, and turn it off sometimes the computer will reset itself. Finally I looked it up and there is a recall after 4 and half long years of nothing but headaches and $425 a month payments so we will see the outcome. I am demanding a whole new different make and model. I refuse to go through this anymore the problem is continuous from one transmission to another and seems to be a guarantee at every 30 to 40,000 miles you're stranded. All they have done during the warranty was put a Band-Aid on it. I do not recommend Ford Focus at all.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I bought a 2014 Ford Focus last year. I pay 359 month for this car. Just before 100k I had issues with tranny. It stop on the expressway. I it towed to Ford. They had it for 3 day and replace the module to the transmission. Not even 4 months later I'm having issue again. Took it back to Ford. They said it's the clutch... I have a extended warrant but unfortunately the kind of trans in this car the warranty don't cover... Now they want me to pay $2500 out my pocket to fix the issue when I see by reading all the reviews that this is a Ford issue that they refuse to admit to. Now I'm stuck with this car and I refuse to get it fixed seeing that the issue is going to continue. This is very depressing and it seems as if no one wants to help... What am I to do now. This is my only means of transportation. I've missed work and other important events because of FORD.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had purchased a 2016 Ford Focus and never knew that it has a huge transmission issue caused by the (TCM). Honestly, all I know is that, if a car has a problem, it shouldn’t be running. But in my case, I was looking for an affordable and reliable car, so I got my eye on that Focus and everyone at the dealership was looking at each other as if I was the dumbest person on earth. So now that I ended up taking the car for the same problem, over 8 times, in a period of 18 months, the great news has to come from the service guy at Ford and that is, my car will always have the same issue cause Ford can’t find a solution for it, and even if they change the transmission, it will fail again and again and again! How nice is that! They forgot that there is something called the Lemon law.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought a Focus and an Edge from Peoria Ford in Arizona. Both have been problematic but the Focus has been nothing but trouble from the start. It started with shuddering accelerating from a stop and later it would miss shifts at higher rpm. When I took it to the dealer they said they would look at it. Then I was sent to the car rental next door.

That is where I first heard about the transmission being a huge problem from the rental clerk not the dealer. Ford denied there was anything wrong and flashed the firmware (which has been needed every time it gets serviced). Shortly after, with only 17,369 miles. The rear main seal was leaking and the transmission control module (TCM) had failed. The TCM and all the seals and bearings were replaced. It shifted fine for a short time and then firmware updates became an every visit item. I became lulled into a tolerable lack of performance for 3 years never getting it right. Now they have both failed again at 107,756 miles. Just outside the 100K extended warranty, they say. However, the extended 100K should be on the dealer's work at 17,369 miles leaving me just within the extended warranty period. Stay tuned to hear if Ford does the right thing and honors their work or not.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

This was my very first car that I bought on my own. I felt I was doing an important service by purchasing American made since prior vehicles were not. I decided on the 2012 Focus, purchased in May 2011. Almost from the beginning I had complaints about how the car shuttered. The dealership blew it off and said that's how the transmission works, it learns how I drive, and that's why I get great gas mileage. They didn't acknowledge any type of problem. I then returned again with another complaint because going slowly uphill the car was literally jumping! Again, they gave me the same story and made me drive the vehicle with a service member. It was this employee that secretly told me they knew of a problem and to watch out for a bulletin. Finally! Someone is listening.

Flash forward, I get the bulletin and go back to the dealership to see if they will do work on it. They tell me they can try to flash it, but it's not guaranteed to work and may in fact make it worse. Ok. So I'm not going to do that. This was the 1st time I was talked out of doing the work. Where my huge problem comes in is that I was driving my infant son around in this vehicle. One day after work I parked the car to run in and grab him from the sitter. Come out, start the car and nothing! Here I am, stranded 45 min from home with my baby. I had to have my husband drive all the way there and back to take us home. The next day we drove out there to see if he could fix the vehicle or get it going (not knowing it was the transmission). It started! Seriously. So my husband decides to drive it home and follow me. As he is driving the thing literally dies in the middle of the road. Here we are again. Broken vehicle. On the side of the road.

Call Ford dealership and they tell me to have it towed (which I had to pay for) and they will take a look at it. Told me it was probably the TCM and it will be at least 2 weeks before they can fix it and offer no type of loaner. Really!!! I have an infant and have to work. And I'm supposed to pay for a loaner on a problem you knew about! Not right. Car was fixed and drove ok after that. Still some shuttering and problems with acceleration, but it drives and I'm not dealing with the service department anymore. Felt like I was going to get rear ended. Keep in mind that I have also always had my oil changes here and ask every time if there's any software updates or anything new for the vehicle... No, no, no. So aggravating!

I'm sure they don't document any of that. What sets me off is that I feel like they talked me out of doing all of these repairs and now when it comes down to the mass lawsuit you have to have had the car worked on 3 times to get anything! I feel like they knew this and purposely deceived me. I will NEVER purchase another Ford vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Ford Focus Powershift Transmission - Have Had 3 clutches replaced, Then my car got stuck in gear 1. Ford replaced the Transmission Control Module. At 55 k miles 200 miles from my home I had a violent shutter and Lost the use of Gear 6. I had to drive 200 miles with my car revving at 3500 rpms just to go 70 MPH. Now the car is back at Ford for 3 days now and they still want to Fix this Transmission? There has to be internal damage with all the crunching I heard. JUST REPLACE THE TRANNY ALREADY.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I bought this car (2015 Ford Focus SE) new and at 15k miles the churches went out of the automatic transmission. They were replaced and since then I've had the transmission flashed, to no avail. I've just been living with it, until a week ago my car shifted into neutral while driving home on the interstate and wouldn't go back into gear for about 10 minutes. It still shudders and the transmission and computer can't decide what gear it needs. The dealership says this is normal. I no longer feel safe driving this car and it only has about 46000 miles on it. It seems it'll never be fixed. I'm hoping they'll pay it off and let me read for something that doesn't have this transmission. I like this car, but feel it would have been trouble free if I'd have bought the manual transmission.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought a 2010 Ford Focus from a dealership. After the 1st year of car ownership the AC stopped working and the mechanic could not figure out what happened and basically told me that I would be throwing my money on something that will not be rectified. I had to do a transmission flush as the car burned through transmission fluid very quickly. The fluid went from Pink colour to Brown colour very quickly and was told by the mechanic that this is a known fault with Ford vehicles (cars, SUVs, trucks). I have had to changes my brakes several times so far as the brakes get worn down quickly. I have had to change the battery a few times as well. The car (with snow tires) does not handle well in the snow and gets stuck very easily. I do not know if I just bought a lemon or if this year and model are just substandard.. I would recommend that people stay away from the 2010 Ford Focus at all costs...

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Bought a new Titanium 2014 Ford Focus. From the get-go the transmission had problems. At least 6 times at slow speeds, the transmission would kick out of gear into neutral. Not good when you're setting in traffic. The transmission would shudder, vibrate and slip in town traffic. Once you're on the road it ran OK. Except every now and then it would downshift for no reason. I wrote Ford Motor Co. about this problem and they replied that they were unaware of a transmission problem. This car has had the transmission reprograms at least 4 times and a 5th next week. The clutch has been replaced. And yet still have the problem. With the rebates they are giving right now, I thought I might trade it in on a new 2017 Focus. But after review, they are still having the transmission problems. Other than the transmission problem, the rest of the car has been performing great.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I purchased the Focus in October 2014... I felt it had issues shifting... Then I read up on this. Ford new 2 years ago it had this problem. Lithia Ford in 2015 offered me to trade it in for another vehicle so I choose a 2013 Escape and they rolled in 4k that was still owed on the Focus. So the Escape was 22k plus adding the 4k made the deal 26k. Without taxes. Well a month later the transmission went out on the Ford Escape. So it went to their shop. And I had paid for extended vehicle plan. They failed to inform me that these both vehicles have the same issue.

So being upset and not thinking straight... I just wanted out of Ford. So Lithia Ford had a Nissan Frontier truck. Lithia took the Escape and sold me the Frontier for 22k. Plus they rolled in 8k now to my bill. Only because I have or should say had great credit. I'm paying 36k for a 2012 Nissan Frontier that is worth 19k. They made a killing and I'm the idiot for being so frustrated and not thinking clear. Bad business.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I don't know how Ford can get away with selling these dangerous cars. It's not only a pain to deal with it, it's DANGEROUS. My 2013 Ford Focus broke down on the highway today with my kids in the car. Many flashes done on it, new clutch, new tcm, and now it's being towed back to the dealership. To top it off we are upside down so we are stuck with this hunk of junk car. I know our fault for being upside down, wouldn't mind it so much if I had a reliable car! My husband doesn't serve his country to be lied to, manipulated by the dealership and Ford motor company.

He's fighting for your freedom and you don't admit to the problem, you just extend the warranty on the transmission and hope we the consumer will be like, "Okay it's fine." No it's not fine!! You built a piece of ** car that's putting thousands of lives in danger and won't do anything about it. Even when the car gets "fixed" at the dealership, it just breaks down again and AGAIN. Ford should have to pony up the dough to buy everyone's problematic Focus or Fiesta back. Think about they are going to be paying more to keep repeatedly repairing all these cars as to oppose just buying them back and be done with them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I purchased a new 2013 Ford Focus for my granddaughter to get to and from college and work; I thought I was getting affordable, economical and dependable transportation for her. WRONG! She complained about rough ride, loud noises like something hitting the car, transmission fluid was overheating per one Ford Service Tech and she took the junk to three different dealerships throughout the greater Seattle area who all finally told her not to bring it back. She decided to not risk her life and the well being of either herself or her expected baby any longer and gave the junk back to me.

The "car" has been through all the transmission recall issues which didn't resolve the drivability, the rear door locking recall has yet to be fixed - dealer says parts are on back order and Ford corporate says they are in stock (who do you believe...?) and the ford audio system appears to be the source of the loud hitting noises but because the bumper to bumper warranty has expired (even though the problem had been identified to several different dealerships while in warranty) Ford refuses to do anything about it because apparently service technicians "wrote it up wrong."

Estimate for fix is in excess of $2000.00 at $120.00 per hour!!! And back on the transmission issue: the transmission still intermittently "chutters"/vibrates when you put it into gear even after all the recalls were supposedly applied under an extended warranty. I have been told Ford continues to roll out focus junk with the same transmission. My sense of propriety and civility prevents me from truly expressing my utter disdain for this car and its manufacturer!

I currently have a 1993 Ford Escort (no complaints still working like a charm), a 2000 MiniWinnie built on a Ford 350 chassis with Triton Ten motor (have had some problems but they were resolved), 2001 Lincoln Town car (no complaints; all recalls were fixed after local service manager noticed they hadn't been fixed - I wasn't notified by Ford about them...) and regrettably I let go of my 1998 Chevrolet pick up truck and bought a 2013 Ford 150 with the most complicated and difficult audio system (I quit using it), and a steering issue when I go around a corner the truck doesn't want to straighten back up - I was told I would just have to get use to it, that it was "normal" for a Ford!!!

I helped a friend select a 2014 Ford 250 and fortunately there have not been any significant problems - but I will never, ever recommend another Ford product to any friend (or even an enemy for that matter) again at the risk of losing their friendship. Needless to say, Ford has lost me as a customer because of their shoddy products, lack of pride in their products and lack of loyalty to their customers!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Over the past 30 years my husband and I have purchased 2 F-150 trucks, a Bronco II XLT, a van, 6 Mustangs and 2 Focus hatchbacks. Obviously we are Ford people. I saw the Focus hatch at a car convention as a concept car, got on a waiting list to be able to order one. Finally in May 2011 I received my Focus SEL-loaded. LOVED IT! After having the car for about 15,000 miles, it starts to shutter, downshift, lunge forward, not accelerate when you press the gas. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the sensor. Another 13,000 miles, replaced the transmission AND sensor. Another year goes by and of course my warranty ran out, but they replaced the sensors again. Now I realize that no extended warranty is going to cost me-lots. I paid CASH $26,682.00 plus tax.

So in July 2015 I go back to Ford to look at another Focus. The salesman told me that the transmissions in previous Focuses had been replaced. So now I trade in the first Focus (they only gave $10,000.00 trade) for a 2015 Titanium-loaded with everything (and I bought the $2,500.00 extended warranty) and now have a car payment. Right around 3,000 miles the old shutter, shake, downshift starts in this car. I take it back and find out that the salesman LIED to me, the transmission is the same, and all the problems are the same. This car has had the sensors replaced (as of today FOUR times).

Last week, I called up to Michigan to Customer Services. They set up an appointment with another dealer and I go there 7:30 this morning. They were going to test to see if anything was wrong. Well of course the car failed and they needed to fix it. Instead of giving me a loaner like the warranty says, I sat there until almost 11:00 am. They come in and tell me that they are going to replace the transmission. Yay! But it will take another 2 hours. So finally at 2:10 pm they tell me the car is ready. I was so happy!

Then I said to the service manager "so, it has a new transmission, right?" And he says no. I know they said they were going to replace it and he says no, they have to drop the transmission to get to the clutch sensors. He told me to drive the car for 500 miles so it can "learn" how I drive. He also tells me this will not fix the problem and it is a band-aid, and the car will have to keep coming back until I get rid of it or my warranty wears out. Now I am mad. So I leave, go to the first light, and stop. Car starts to shutter and when the light changed - yep it did not accelerate. So I get home and call "Customer Care" (should be "don't give a squat"). I explain what happened and she says "so what is it that you want?" Well, I said, "I would like a vehicle that has the correct parts in it and performs as it should." She puts me on hold (I know she called the dealer) and comes back with "they have fixed the problem for now" and I will have to keep bringing it back.

So after wasting almost $60,000.00 on two pieces of junk I am stuck with the last one. I love the look, handling and general everything about the car but I have darkened the door of ANY Ford dealer for the last time. Shame on them for frauding the public and loyal Ford customers on these cars. I hope they get burned on the class action lawsuit and if anyone has an idea how to get this car fixed, let me know. I think the execs at Ford should have to drive these cars and see how they like it. Some time and I hope it is soon, good 'ole Karma will come knocking on Ford's door! My numbers below should be zero but they don't go down that far.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I bought/leased this car in May 2011 so it was probably one of the first off the line. It has always hesitated and shuddered and I never dared to make a lefthand turn with fast oncoming traffic in case it didn't have the Getupandgo. I've been to the dealer numerous times and they "updated the software" but nothing changed about the driving experience as far as I could tell. Today (August 2017), while I was driving (fortunately in the neighborhood), the transmission slipped out of gear. It then wouldn't let me reverse. I turned off the car and back on. It did let me reverse but when I put it into drive, the car only let's me move through first gear and then it revs in second gear not letting me get above 5 miles per hour.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Horn... broken, backup camera... broken, air-conditioning... broken, some kind of wirings that made car shut off in middle of driving down n highway at 70mph... broken, ahhh wait for it. Clutch... Broken and transmission puked all over the road 7000 of the 14000. Still owe 12,000. Called Ford corporate got a case number. Case is denied on my own. Will never buy Ford POS again. Used to be a Ford fan. This was 4th Ford vehicle I have owned so know how it's supposed to go. They won't even help the loyal. Sad really. Oh wait almost forgot gas gauge broken not repaired. But from what I have read on other reviews I can expect my gas tank to collapse soon.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Where to start??? We recently went on vacation to a water park resort and upon leaving at closing for the 2nd day our Focus would not start. No click no nothing. All lights work and everything else just wouldn't start. So we had to get a tow and call a cab to get back to our hotel. We were 2 hours from home but had already planned on staying that night. The next day we call garage where towed to and they were very exceptional on putting car right and to try and get us home for work the next day. They called back that it was the TCM unit that was bad but that because it was a recall item the extended warranty that was purchased would not cover and that we had to get it towed to a Ford dealership to fix. We booked another night at hotel and called our bosses to ask for another day vacation. Also rented a vehicle... no choice now.

Ford dealer couldn't get us in so the next day we had to use the rental to get home. Ford dealer called 2 days later and told us that they replaced the TCM unit but car would still not start and that they have a new reason for it. They said on the connector from wire harness that hooks to the TCM, that the clip was broken that holds it in place and that upon further inspection that pins were bent/ possible broken also. And that this was going to cost around $1,000 to fix!!! And to top that extended warranty wouldn't cover again because "It was caused by a previous fix". They sent out an adjuster to look at it. So the previous fixes were the clutch recall... Twice. And on a side note the clutch needs to be replaced for a third time already!!! But have just been tolerating. Car has 90k miles on it and would love to trade in if it wouldn't put us upside down!

So we call the only Ford dealership that has touched the car and can anyone guess their response??? From the service manager, "We didn't do that, not our problem." Well some "skilled tech" there did! This doesn't just happen! Someone with bad hand eye coordination obviously forced this connector on! And after miles of vibrations it finally failed. But the service manager where the original recalls were performed assured us that that could never happen. To add to that, the service manager where the Focus is sitting waiting says it absolutely can... Hmmmm. So we put a call into Ford itself. And they told us they are not responsible because all of the Ford dealerships are privately owned. And even though we argued that this wouldn't of happened in the first place if it wasn't for the recall fixes, they didn't care!

So our present situation is car is still 2 hours away, still having to use a rental, and now waiting on the attorney general to intervene. And it's been 2 weeks. We refuse to pay for a repair that was caused because of having to get this focus repeatedly fixed for recalls!!! This is absolutely ridiculous having to go thru this!!! But it's transparent now that no one at Ford or its franchises will back their work or their product!

To me it takes just a little bit of common sense to see how this all transpired. Shame on you Ford!!! And the lawsuit that is going on because of their "quality product" (sarcasm), we will all probably get a joke of a settlement and about $100!!! I really would have loved to use "sentence enhancers" throughout this review to show my true feelings, but kept this readable for all. Bottom line Ford made junk and don't care!!! You should feel ashamed to call yourself an American company! Why don't you go buy all your execs a 2013-2014 focus for their year end bonuses they get for ripping off the American people they supposedly represent!!!!

Ford Focus Company Information