4.6/5 (90 ratings)

About Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

Pros

• Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime

Cons

• Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Bottom Line

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I just signed up for Vista and the process was fairly easy. Everything's going well, so far, except I have to pay more for electricity, which I'm not pleased about.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I'm using Vista Energy for my electric. I switched over to natural energy somehow and when I plug something in, it works.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I called Vista Energy customer service so they can help me renew my price again to a fixed rate per therm. The agent explained the current plan to me and offered me something different. The customer service agent was knowledgeable and helped me right away.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I noticed that my gas bill went up a little bit. It was like $20 more. Other than that, Vista Energy's representatives have been good.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The service and my experience with Vista Energy have been good. Their representatives are professional, too.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

The setup was easy. The rep was super friendly.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

We're not with Vista currently because I moved, but I had no problems with it when we were consumers. You're not going to go wrong with using them.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

A Vista rep came to my door that one day and was pretty knowledgeable. So far, their service has been great.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I tried activating my gift card online but I had some questions about my account so I called customer service. The guy named Cris helped me right away. He guided me step by step on how to activate it myself. I got a confirmation that it was completed.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the good rating!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I had an extremely high bill and I don't know if that was because Vista Energy is a third party. I also have ComEd which is our electric provider so it was like my bill was double. ComEd said I needed to contact Vista because they don't know anything about them. I thought Vista was supposed to bring my rate down. I just paid a $2000 deal. I wanted to cancel Vista.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Chris was fantastic. Diligently followed up over multiple days to ensure my sign up was processed and confirmed. Called back when he said he would. Everything a good customer service rep should do. Outstanding customer service. All your customer service representatives should follow his example.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the Great rating!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I've had Vista Energy for a year now. A lady came to my door, and I signed up with them. It went very well.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My previous provider started off good then they doubled my rate as soon my plan ended, which was weird. No other company was charging even close to that amount or even the default. I didn't appreciate that too much and they ended up prompting me to leave them. The majority of the reviews for Vista Energy were good and customers had good experiences. I signed up with them online and it seemed all good. They sent me a mail and confirmed my application. Things have been good so far.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Ms. ** was very helpful when I called to end our contract. She explained that Vista would contact the utility company to have service transferred back to them and it wasn’t necessary for me to make further contact. She was very friendly and business like and is a credit to the company.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I have no bad experience with Vista Energy marketing. I just want to cancel because I'm not good for changes. The man that came to my house, his name was Davinder who was very nice. Even the lady on the phone who help me was very nice. It's not the company or person. I just want to stay the way things are, I am not good for changes. Thank you. Darlene **

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I called to cancel my Vista service because it did not make economic sense. It would cost me less to buy my gas from my local utility company. Kathleen was able to offer me a lower priced package that made me decide to stay with Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

The representative who came by in our apartment complex was nice and informative. She showed me the rates, and I switched over. The monthly rate has been low, and the service has been good. I don't know if the rate is the same for everyone, but if it is, I will recommend Vista Energy to friends.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Their customer service representative was very knowledgeable and friendly. Also the wait time is was not long. I called Vista with a few questions about their electric rates and the agent was able to provide me with the correct information.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I was looking for prices for gas online for my sister that lives in Chicago, so I called Vista to ask about pricing. He explained the price per therm, and other plan details. He was friendly and assisted me in a professional and timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Customer service rep., Chris, was extremely helpful, understanding, and professional. It definitely gives your company a positive image for first time customers. I was impressed with the follow up as well, which made me feel that my business with Vista is important to you as well as me.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

He did a great job, kept it short and simple. He did mention the gift cards that came in with the enrollment, but politely declined. He did a great job in answering a few of my question I had as well.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I tried Vista Energy and they ended up being okay. It's the same as PG&E and I don't see much of a difference.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on the outstanding service Chris provided me. He was very professional and allowed me to ask him questions so he would be better prepared to find exactly what I wanted. His knowledge of the natural gas service allowed me to get the price I wanted. He is a man who keeps his word.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I sold my house and so I didn't use any of the gas but then I still got charged every month. Vista Energy wouldn't even work with me. If something happens like that, they should work with the customer a little bit better. But then a contract is a contract. I was pissed when I left them.

Original review: July 30, 2021

The help was very courteous and helpful. I needed to cancel my account because of moving away. If I ever need your services again. I sure will call you back, thanks for your help Dori **. I would recommend you any time.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 26, 2021

Jocelyn did a great job in assisting me with the cancelation of my account. Friendly, professional and helpful throughout the whole call. Even took the time to ask how I was doing. Overall, I was incredibly happy with her performance.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 25, 2021

All I get from Vista is gas and it's coming on the same PG&E line. So, all I can see is a difference in my bill. As long as it's cheaper, it's fine with me.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have a contract with Vista Energy for natural gas. There's at least half a dozen gas providers out here that do the same thing. Vista Energy is a fixed monthly payment regardless of usage and I have it on two properties. I had a little issue a month or so ago. My son ended up moving into the second property that I had, and they charged me for exiting the contract. I had two properties, so technically, I didn't exit nothing. I still was a Vista customer. I just had two separate residences. They took care of it, so I've been happy with them. As long as the pricing stays competitive, I don't think I'll change.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 11, 2021

I had Vista Energy last year and I was not wanting to change after I find somebody that seems to be doing a good job. And I stayed with them. It's hard to find anybody that does right by anybody anymore but they did what they said they were gonna do. Everything was as they said it would be.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 10, 2021

We talked to the first one that came through, which was Vista, and months later, we got another offer. It would have been $10 cheaper a month. But I’m satisfied. It’s easy getting through to customer service.

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information