4.6/5 (90 ratings)

About Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

Pros

• Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime

Cons

• Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Bottom Line

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Chris was very efficient, friendly and provide a great follow up to my question. He is a great asset to your company and I really appreciate all of his help with my situation. I am very happy that we decided to go with Vista Energy for our energy supply company. I really enjoy the feature of chat where I received a text message as opposed to calling in and having to wait in a queue.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the good rating Sharon.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We talked with Vista a couple of weeks ago when our bill came in high and the representative was good. He provided us an incentive at that time but I'm not happy that we had to call years in to get that. We paid too much for the last five years.

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

My issue was resolved fairly quickly and smoothly with Jacqueline's help. She was kind and courteous and able to ease my concerns in a calm and kind manner. A wonderful person to talk with, and a great help through this difficult time.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I was actually thinking of canceling only because I was thinking that I was gonna get some help from the government, but then Vista convinced me to stay with them. I liked the rep very much. She was good. Vista was really helpful.

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2022

Vista Energy Marketing contacted me and were courteous and understanding of my concern and we were able to resolve the problem and believe they now deserve a 5 star rating.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

They had a good deal. But they never told me there's a $1 a day charge. So, my bill is doubled now. If they would've told me there's gonna be $1 a day, I wouldn’t have gotten it.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Mr. **, thank you for allowing Chris to assist you with your account this morning. Should you need further assistance, please contact customer service at 1-888-508-4782 Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm CST.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Has not been saving person money. The variable rate has been too costly. She doesn’t want to switch to a fixed rate either. The estimated savings wasn’t what was implemented based on her historical usage. Thank you! I appreciate your understanding and help. Hope this can get resolved quickly.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

My gas bill was high with my previous supplier. After enrolling I just wanted to stay with my regular company so I called Vista to cancel my account before it started. The agent was helpful and assisted me with the cancellation.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We've been dealing with FirstEnergy since 2019, and I haven't had any issues. A gentleman came over and said the company changed over from FirstEnergy to Vista Energy. A couple of our bills that came were a little bit higher than normal.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The sales rep that I talked to a couple of years ago was a nice, lovely, young lady. I called Vista Energy a few months back because my program had already expired and I had to re-sign up to get the lower rate. They were able to help me right then and there over the phone. Vista is worth a shot because all you do is pay less money for the energy you're already buying. So you really got nothing to lose.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The agent Tiellie was knowledgeable, courteous, polite, helpful, dependable, very informative about the upgrade to my Vista Energy service. She explained everything so that I understood what was taking place and when my account would be updated and when I need to call again to follow up on extending my service again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

She immediately offered me a better deal so I will try this out. Thank you. I realize now I have to call every six months check prices. So I’m glad I didn’t call because I was going to cancel. Now I’ll see how this improves our bill. Thanks again.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I received assistance from Tiellie regarding my account. She provided a lot of useful information and was able to help me quickly so that I could get back to what I was doing. Highly recommend her for anyone needing help.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Vista was going door-to-door and they came to my door and told me about the benefit, and I signed up. Their service is good quality.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I found out that I had been paying Vista Energy too much and they re-straightened that out a month ago. They need to get somebody in their office that could send out an email, text, or letter to notify customers that their discount is coming to an end about a month before the renewal. I didn't know that and I ended up paying way too much for the gas for two years. I paid double what I should have been paying and I didn't get any savings.

Compared to PG&E, Vista is pretty bad. It makes it look like they're just hoping you didn’t do it and you pay more. Now that I know, I marked it on my next year's calendar that I would need to renew in December. If they notify their customers, then Vista would be a better deal than PG&E. So far, I've been dissatisfied for two years.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear Mr. James, I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience with Vista Energy. We look forward to speaking with you in December to help you renew your plan. Should you need further assistance, please contact customer service at 1-888-508-4782 Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm CST.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

The young man who came to the door seemed like if this was his way of trying to make a living in these tough times, I was gonna help him out a little bit. I trusted the materials he had that indicated how it shouldn't affect my gas costs in a negative way. But I haven't noticed a big difference yet. I've seen some things on the Nextdoor site and I've seen people talk about their gas bills going from $70 to $300. But my most recent bill was about $8 higher than last year at this time, which seemed reasonable to me because December was a pretty cold month and I probably was running the heater a little more than I did last year.

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I called to cancel my service and thankfully there was not a long wait time. Got to talk to someone who assisted me right away and also answered a few questions I had about the plan. The customer service representative was nice.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I was just trying Vista Energy out. The rep told me much information I needed to know about it and what would happen with my bill and what I should be looking for in the mail. I just got a PG&E bill recently in the mail and it was all right.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I switched to Vista hoping that it was going to be less but I don't know if it is less or not. I don't see where there have been big savings in the bills. I'm not satisfied.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear Mrs. Ira, we really want to help you. An account specialist called you on 12/15/2021 to go over the account and price per therm with you. I see that at the moment you are paying a fixed rate of .699/therm until November 2022. If you need further assistance, please contact Vista Energy at 1-888-508-4782 Monday - Friday from 7am to 6pm CST.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Vista Energy is cheaper. The reps and the service are very good.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I called in to discuss the billing on my account and was very satisfied with the promptness and politeness of the customer service representative. I am very happy with the level of service that I received on this call. Thank You!

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Vista's rate is a bit higher than what I was paying in my other rental place. But they said that they have the option to renegotiate that. Getting the account changed over to mine from the previous tenant was easy.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I enjoyed Vista Energy until things happened and I'm being punished because my husband died. I like them. When my husband passed away, we wanted it in my name. I should have been on the bill with him but for some reason, I don't have Vista Energy and my energy bill skyrocketed. I called back and they said that I can't do it until April.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I found Vista Energy on PA Power Switch and they had the cheapest rate. However, getting the service started was difficult. In fact, the way that they handled it was very poor. Because I didn't hear back from them right away, I went and applied to somebody else for the same rate, but for a 12-month term. Then suddenly, Vista Energy approved my account, took over my power supply and I was stuck with their three-month rate which I didn't want. They canceled my other plan that I had signed up for. When I went back to the second company, their rate had gone up. Overall, I probably would never go back to this company.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear Karl, I am sorry to hear about your experience. This is the first time Vista Energy hears from you. I see that on 10/19/2021 you enrolled online for a 3-month fixed rate plan, and a confirmation email was sent to the email address that you provided during your online enrollment. Vista Energy became your electric supplier on 10/22/2021 and a Welcome Letter was also mailed. If there is anything we can do please contact customer service at 1-888-508-4782 Monday – Friday from 7am – 6pm CST.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Something has been bugging me ever since the gentleman from Vista Energy that came to my door gave me the plan. I've asked him before he even gave me the contract if I have anything to pay back to Vista if I was to move. He said I could leave at any time and there wouldn't be any consequences, but I was reading a paper about something that had to do with some of the information that I got and there is a penalty for leaving early. That was even the reason why I had already signed up for it when he answered that question to me.

The other thing that made me kind of cautious was that when he was here, there were several other people with him and afterwards, there's a different name on the paperwork that he had given me. It was one of his companions' names and not his. So, that kind of bothered me for a while. I haven't had a chance to call somebody because I've been working. But since I've misplaced my paperwork, I've been waiting for a call from Vista.

I explained to him the last time before I even took this paper from him that I had been with another company before that came out of the state of Texas and they provided more or less the same system. The only thing was that when they did the contract, they said it was going to be for two years, and I understood that part. The first year went okay. It was the second year that things went sideways. Apparently, my bills got bigger, so I was just wondering if things with Vista were gonna happen the same, and I was told, "No, they weren't."

Vista Energy Marketing response

Mr. Nicolas, thank you for the rating. We would like to assist you regarding the account. Please call customer service today at 1-888-508-4782 and ask for Katherine.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Was going to stop service, but the young lady was so kind to help me out and found a way to keep it. She was very kind and understanding.. Thank you so much for all you did for me. I would tell my friends about all the help I received and would suggest them calling to see about using Vista.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

At first, I asked where the Vista connection was because I didn’t see it on the first bill. The rep said that it takes up to the second bill out. So, I had to wait the month after until I saw it. We got that cleared up and everything was normal. So that was fine. I'm still paying around the same amount and I don’t see a big drop in my bill. I sleep with my lights off but some people sleep with their lights on. They might as well sign up with Vista and continue with it.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I liked Vista Energy's price. Enrolling through them seemed pretty straightforward and easy. Also, it's pretty clear what the terms we'd pay.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I was trying to cancel my former provider. The prices have gotten so high that the PPL is cheaper. So, I was gonna go with PPL but the one that I had before said they couldn't cancel it for a couple months unless I called my PPL and asked them for an accelerated cancellation. I called them and they said there is no such thing. So, they had to go through a bunch of hoops in order to get me onto there. I said, “I'll just go with another, and that will automatically cancel them.” Vista Energy was like the next step up with no cancellation fee. So, even though they're higher than PPL, I decided to go with them for three months unless I find something better, which I doubt if I will with the way things are.

The enrollment process with Vista Energy was simple. It was online. I got the free cancellation offer. I was looking for an email that never came, though. I didn't receive an email that had all the specifications and all that I signed up for. I finally received it in the mail, but I was waiting because I was anxious that it would start before the other one kicked in at a much higher price.

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I like the fact that Vista was more environmentally aware. I went ahead and signed up. I wasn't using my gas a lot though. I really did not know what my usage was when I signed up. I ended up calling back and saying I wanted to cancel because I'm really right now only using my gas heater for a pilot light. They made me an offer of $5 a month and that I could still cancel at any time. So, I'm going to stick with that for right now. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

had Vista and left because after the initial price deal ran out, their price went sky high. It almost doubled the price of our electric bill. I had to go to some place that had a decent price. But I'm back with Vista because they're offering a better rate now.

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information