Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.20/5

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

BOTTOM LINE

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

PROS
  • Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime
CONS
  • Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Top Vista Energy Marketing Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Chris provided great customer service and was friendly. He was patient with questions and explained the pricing clearly. He quoted good fixed prices and was easy to work with. I would definitely work with him again. I would recommend Chris to anyone.

After mistakenly signing up with another company before my contract ended, I canceled them and returned to Vista. Chris was very personable and professional and was excellent with his customer service support!!! He was also diligent about making sure my review was submitted…

What is Vista Energy?

Vista Energy is a third-party company authorized by government-regulated utility companies like PG&E to sell and distribute electricity and natural gas directly to customers. If you’re in a residential area in California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania or Wyoming, you can have Vista Energy purchase your natural gas or electricity for you and distribute it to your local utility company’s pipeline network.

Vista Energy also provides commercial services in these nine states and in Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

How does Vista Energy work?

Vista Energy is considered a Core Transparent Agent, meaning it’s a deregulated energy provider that (ideally) lets you save money on your utility costs while still receiving service from your local regulated utility company. When you choose to enroll with a CTA such as Vista Energy, you pay the price established by the CTA rather than market price.

Vista Energy rates

Vista Energy’s rate plans vary by service area. While many find Vista Energy’s base rate comparable to local utility company rates, you may incur some unexpected costs like administrative fees. It’s important to read Vista Energy’s contracts carefully and review the welcome letter, which specifies administrative or miscellaneous charges. Contact customer service to address any questions.

Vista Energy FAQ

Is Vista part of PG&E, NICOR, Black Hills Energy, or other regulated utility suppliers?
Vista Energy isn’t affiliated with any other company. However, it has completed the certification process for all regulated energy companies and corporations and has been approved to participate in their programs as a third-party supplier of natural gas. Vista Energy’s standards of conduct and marketing practices are regulated by the states’ public utilities commissions.
Where is Vista available?
Vista Energy is available in certain residential ZIP codes throughout California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming. Its commercial services are offered in these nine states and in Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. As of February 2020, Vista Energy began one- and two-year natural gas plans for agricultural customers in Nebraska.
Where is Vista located?
Vista’s corporate office is located in Houston, Texas.
Who owns Vista?
Vista Energy is properly known as Vista Energy Marketing, LP, and it operates as its own institution.

Is Vista Energy worth it?

Vista Energy is sometimes more affordable than regulated utility companies, depending on the fluctuating market rate, and it offers the predictability of a fixed rate for the duration of enrollment. If you live in its service area, are budget conscious and follow the market price of natural gas — and therefore can be vigilant in avoiding additional fees — you might want to consider Vista Energy as an alternative gas supplier.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I went from a daily rate charge to a per-therm charge, and Vista didn't notify me. I called to find out and I was told that it was all listed in the contract when I originally signed up, which was three years ago. They should give notice people when they're going to do the increase instead of depending on the original contract and people to know that. But I like working with Vista a lot. Their customer service is very good, responsive and agreeable, which is different from some of the other energy companies that are available. They will work with you. I asked them to re-rate a bill that came in and they said that they couldn’t change the current bill but what they could send me a refund. PG&E or SMUD would have never done that.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Get buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

They came to my door and were offering the service. I listened to what they had to say and it sounded like a good idea. It was gonna lower my gas bill by almost 75% and it did. I just renewed the service last week. I called them and gave them my name and address. They looked at my account then said I'm good to go for the next year. They also lowered my rate. My thermal unit rate went from was 60 cents to 44 cents. Before I had this, with regular PG&E, I was paying almost $175 per unit. My gas bill in the wintertime used to be almost $300 because I put the heater on. Now it's $130 at the most. I get a statement on my PG&E bill that has Vista at the very bottom and it shows how much I pay them. Vista has been really good. I have recommended it to many people at work and a lot of people have called and said, "You're right. It lowered my gas bill dramatically." They've all told me nothing but good things about them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

A Vista Energy rep came to my door and I was kind of swept in and signed up for it before I really knew what else happened. The guy was really slick and seemed very trustworthy. He just gave me a quick spiel. He had a quick look at my power bill and then he was out the door. So, it was probably a little scattered. I actually had some reservations after he left. It all happened so fast that I was afraid that I might have let myself be victimized by a scam. Once I've signed up, I continue to get my gas from the local provider, PG&E, and PG&E handles the billing for them. There was one follow-up with Vista not too long ago where I came across the paperwork and saw there were some rewards cards that I was supposed to sign up for. I received those and they were quite pleasant about that. So, that was actually one of the first times I was able to reassure myself that they were legit.

The rep said that I should save money with Vista. But in the time since I signed up with them, my utility bills had gone up but it was mostly because of electricity. If I had two minutes to rub together, I’d really like to do a comparison to see what I was actually paying for my gas compared to what I would have paid had I not signed up for them. But I'm not quite sure where I can find that information.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: July 31, 2020

So happy that your agent helped me to lower our gas rate per therm and had renewed our contract with the new rate for a year. We didn’t receive any letter or any correspondence stating that we need to renew our contract every year to secure the cheapest rate per therm. We’ve been paying a higher rate after the first year unbeknown to us that we need to call every year and renew.

Thanks to Angela **. Also thank you to Ioomas ** agent ID#** who was in residential area and had he not talked to us about Vista and more explanation about the services it offers to save money on gas, my husband and I told him that we’re planning to cancel our service because we’re not saving paying per therm according to our PG&E (Vista). He then explained that we need to call every year to renew which we didn’t know and ask for the latest lower rate per therm that the office can offer us. We learned a lot from him. You need more agents like Angela and Ioomas who are customer friendly and knowledgeable.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 6, 2020

I went on the PP&L website and looked for suppliers to get prices from. I went down through the list, and Vista was the one that I found that had what looked like the most reasonable price. The price per kilowatts is a good. I didn’t look at the small print though, and I saw that I’d get a charge of a dollar a day on top of whatever their price is. But I got my last bill a week or two ago and it wasn’t anything higher than normal. Enrolling online wasn’t too difficult. I had my PP&L bill with me and then they just asked for the account number, and this and that. Since I’ve made the change, Titan calls me pretty much every day trying to get my business back, but I just hang up.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 30, 2021

I was visited to my door regarding my knowledge of the rates and how they fluctuate and VISTA's ability to keep it at a certain rate for a certain period of time. So I gave them a try. I liked the fact that it stayed pretty low. But I missed the notice to discuss better options before it went sky high. So when my bill got pretty high, I called to question it and they explained to me what was going on and negotiated a better rate for that particular time. I liked the way they communicate and didn't give me a hard time about keeping me at a high rate.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 22, 2021

Review of gas pricing per year with new offer. Jocelyn did a great job explaining the offer and rates. She explained each line on my PGE bill and put me on a new rate plan that would save me some money per month on my bill.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 21, 2021

I've had Vista Energy for a couple of years and I've had no problem of any kind with their service.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 17, 2021

When we shut it off because we moved, there was an extra pad on the bill, and the person I talked to during that time was great to work with. I'd never had any issues with the service.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 15, 2021

When the Vista Energy rep said, “When you sign up, we would give you a gift card to Walmart,” my niece said, “Auntie Kitty, yes, give this.” I said, “Okay. I’m going to sign up.” But I never got the gift card. I called and they said that I have to do something online. But I told the customer service lady that the man didn't say that. Because I'm disabled and I can't do too much stuff online. Somebody has to help me. So I just said, “Forget it.” But I still saved my energy and I’ll recommend Vista Energy. But I’m not satisfied because I wish they would’ve made it clearer about the gift card. I’m not worried about the gift card. It’s just the principle of it.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating Kandice and call customer service we will assist you with the gift card. Call us at 888-508-4782 we open at 7 a.m. CST

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information