Call toll free
3.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

350 Vista Energy Marketing Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

A door representative from Vista came to my home and provided me some information. He asked if I wouldn’t mind letting him see my bill and he could show how much I would be saving with the program. The customer service was good and signing up was very easy. The guy was super friendly, so he made me feel very comfortable with it. I just called Vista a couple of days ago and found out that I’ve been with them for almost a year.

I went into into PG&E because I advised them that my bill should be less. They told me that they also compared the rates and that I was paying more with Vista Energy because they charge me a flat rate. However, if I look at my actual usage, I shouldn’t be paying that much if I would’ve just been with PG&E. The guy from PG&E said that Vista charges me $28 but I should have paid only $7 for my usage. He said I have to call Vista to cancel the program. That same day, I called Vista which was just last week and they told me that I was on the wrong program. When the gentleman signed me up, it so happened that he signed me up right after winter had ended. So, it made it seem like my gas usage was higher than what I was actually gonna be anticipating since we were entering summer. He didn’t take that into account. Although he was very friendly, I was never set up on the right program.

The last representative was very knowledgeable and she made me very comfortable about being with Vista Energy even though I didn’t get to take advantage fully of the savings. She switched it for me and told me that because we’re going into the summertime, I will be using my gas less, so she put me on a different type of plan where I would pay per use instead of a flat rate. I am a little disappointed because I never got to see what I would save. Although they told me, showed me and explained it to me, I never saw the impact of it on my actual bill. Nevertheless, she assured me that the plan she has me on now is right and within a month or two, I will see a difference. If for some reason I don’t, she said to call back and if they can’t figure it out, then they’re more than happy to cancel my plan for me. I’m gonna give it a try and see if maybe now, I’m on the right plan.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating Angelina. Always contact Vista Energy's customer service for assistance with different plans or any questions you may have. We are here to assist you Monday thru Friday 7 am until 6 pm CST

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I signed up for PPL's standard offer, which looked like a very good deal. However, I was able to search further and find Vista to have a much better deal, so I signed up for Vista. I called PP&L and told them I don't want the standard offer and they said I should call back in three days. So, I called back in three days and told them again that I don't want the standard offer. However, I got a note today that Vista was canceled and I'm with the standard offer. PPL sent them a change request, thus I was switched over.

I've only had Vista for about one day and right now I've been canceled. I look forward to getting electricity from them in the future at the rates that I requested. It's about three cents lower through them than PP&L. I also spoke with Vista today and they were very professional. They put up with me being somewhat frustrated. They said they would reinstate me and I got a confirmation that it's sorted. So hopefully, I will be happier with Vista than I am with PP&L.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Brian! We are happy to hear that our prices stood out as a great deal and work for your needs! Thank you again for the positive review, we hope you have a wonderful day. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got tired of my bills going up and down so much from my previous provider. So, I switched to Vista Energy and I have them for a couple of months now. Their service has been all right, but I felt kind of persuaded and forced into it. Originally, the people that came to me to get me to switch didn't say I was switching right then and there. They told me that they wanted to see my bills and check my rates so they could get me a better rate. I agreed to that but then I came to find out that I got completely switched. I didn't even know which company I wanted to go with, but I thought I'd see how this would go.

I also explained to Vista's reps what happened and they apologized. But other than that, I'm fairly content right now with Vista. My bills have been pretty fairly the same while when I was with the last company I was with, Illinois Energy, I was being sent two bills. Peoples Gas were still charging me close to 300 a month then Illinois Energy had another kinda of a two on top of that. All in all, I would tell my friends that they should sign up with Vista Energy, too, especially if the rates were extremely high like mine previously were.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Helen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. You have a strong understanding of the market, so it makes us happy to know that you like and use our services. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thank you for choosing Vista Energy. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

PECO is the area company for electric and they have a website set up that you don’t automatically have to default and use them. They show alternate providers and Vista, which was one of many, had a good chunk of time and good rate. The information is collected and you can sort by kilowatt hour, how long your contract is and by early termination fees. The reps were fine and knowledgeable. I called them, gave my information over the phone and got my stuff done. They were easily able to switch me over with no further input from me needed and I appreciated that. Everything was taken care of and I’m happy with what I’m paying and with the service given to me, as far as getting me the product.

Vista was flexible and they were open for me to change providers if needed. They were also accommodating. With people in Pennsylvania again, we have that option that shows different providers and thus compare them to different set of variables. Vista is good and as long as their prices don’t drift too much in comparison to other companies, people should keep an eye out for them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello James, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that our process was simple and our team was accomidating for your energy needs. Thank you for choosing Vista Energy and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I use a different electric provider every year because in Pennsylvania, I can pick a gas provider which makes the most sense from an economic standpoint. I shop around and eventually, the competitive nature of the power supply in Pennsylvania pays off for me. Now, I switched to Vista and my motivation was financial because there was a standard charge of $30 a month but the kilowatt per hour charge on top of that is half of what I was paying before. So, it will save me money and I can put all the extra money into insulating my house.

I researched online and tried to fit where I wanted to be financially regardless of the company’s service. Some of the marketing was saying that it is a renewable energy but all energies are renewable to the same extent and if the company is able to supply power at a lower cost that is ultimately coming from fewer resources, otherwise, the cost would be higher. It is coming down to the reliable supply of power which is PPL. So, as long as Vista can get the power through PPL and the bill works out the way that I expected to, then I'll stay with them. Vista keeps the power on at our home and that is what I'm paying for. Also, if the pricing model works out for them, they make sure that they have the base number coming through, and they are able to offer reduced rates on the power on top of that, that is what’s gonna keep me with Vista. I’d recommend them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Frank! We are pleased to hear that you are recommending us to others and that you have had been satisfied with us. It's our goal to ensure we provide exceptional service always. Thank you for sharing your experience. Have a nice day. – Vista Energy Marketing

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Vista Energy had what I consider to be the best price. Signing up was easy. The cost makes sense with the energy that we use. It’s whatever the kilowatt hour is times the number of kilowatt hours. Overall, my experience was smooth as silk.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have just my bill with PG&E which was over $50.00! I've never had a bill that high. Then PG&E told me about a third party that I was paying to. Well Nancy took the time to explain how Vista works and to say I was please with what she said is an understatement. Now I am a happy camper thanks to Nancy!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I like Vista Energy a lot better than other providers. The lady who got me on this, was really nice and very professional. Also, my bill was 372, and then when I switched to this my bill went down to 194, so that was a big jump. And then, just this recently, it was 146. It's saving me money and I like to save money.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I've had a good experience with Vista Energy. Their reps told me that I would be saving and since getting them, the quality of their service has been great. My monthly bills are down $100. I can't complain at all.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I like the program of Vista Energy where you pay a monthly fixed fee. Plus you pay a little bit less than the actual usage. I set up the service over the internet and everything has been fine. I’m very happy with the service.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The Vista Energy representative was very polite but he made a promise about a $100 gift card once a month if we make the switch with them. He also said that the rates were lower than Constellation's, which was the company that I was with. Then I received an email about the activation for the card. But how would I get activation to a card that I do not have, that I have not seen? That was when I called Vista Energy and that was when I learned that I was misinformed. I was told that I would have to wait six months. The rep had made it seem like it was something that was gonna be right away. I have even thought about going back to Constellation. There was really no difference between the two.

Original review: June 5, 2019

A sales guy from Vista Energy came out and said they have good rate savings. He also went over the service fairly well. I've been with Vista for a month now.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The service representative was very good to work with. Got my question about the gas that I was checking on was correct, and the new rate would start on my contract as of June first and run for two years.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: May 30, 2019

Somebody came to my door and was talking about Vista. They were talking about how much money I could save if I went with them. So, I did. The reps were great but they don’t know enough about it. I’m by myself and I found that the bill was bigger than it was before. I wasn’t saving anything and so, I called the other day and the customer service rep was good about trying to find a plan that best suited me.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I only have one hookup for gas and it is a furnace for the winter. When it was just PG&E I only paid $2.95 for service with no other fees during the summer months. I called PG&E who referred me to Vista. I appreciated the person who responded to my call and informed me they would help me. Thank You.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Someone from Vista Energy came to my house and talked to me about it. He was sincere and he explained everything to me. Signing up was quite easy and Vista is better than what I was paying. It’s still not a great difference, but with the reward thing, it kinda helps it. I’ve never had anything like that before but the overall quality of service I get from Vista is good.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: May 25, 2019

I've had Vista Energy for a month and all the reps I've interacted with have been cool. One of the guys were training and he did pretty good. The service skills and the way he was talking was professional. I would recommend them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: May 24, 2019

The people I called on the phone were very helpful. Nice and helped me get a better rate on my light bill and told me what my lower rates would be and they would get changed as they could. And for that thank you. Braxton

Original review: May 22, 2019

Vista’s customer service was very helpful and friendly. They helped me out today by answering every question I had, they didn’t rush me out the phone like other companies. I was also able to communicate back and forth with the agent and that’s a plus.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I really appreciate the service. Questions answered and related communication that I wasn't expecting regarding my account. Maximilano was knowledgeable and easy to understand all that I wanted and needed to know. He is definitely an asset to Vista Energy, all with some positive changes in terms of cost to me was extended so I can be happy.

Original review: May 22, 2019

He was helpful, and he was patient. He was able to give me the gift cards that were promised by your company. In doing so, he was able to protect the image of your company. Actually, in the beginning, I was not satisfied with your company. I was waiting for the gift cards for a long time. With his help, I was able to obtain the gift cards. So, he is doing a very good job for your company. Your company should give him a reward too.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Several years ago, Vista Energy called me and said they could lower my gas bill. I signed up and I've been with them for 10 ears, and renewing has been okay. The only thing that happened was, they go on contract and the last contract that I had was two years and when it expired, they went into a program with higher rates. I had to call them. When your gas bill goes from around $100 to $170 in one month, definitely it’s a mistake. They've made some mistakes, but they corrected it. They sent me a refund. It took about three weeks, which could’ve been sooner.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you Mr. Jones for the feedback. Customer Service will definitely take your comments and address them here. Thank you for the rating.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Anna was very polite and courteous as she explained in full detail the process and answered all my questions efficiently. I will definitely be recommending your service to all of my out of state associates. Vista provides great customer service!

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: May 17, 2019

The sales reps of Vista Energy Marketing were very skilled and they explained their product well, so it was pretty cool. The rep was very prompt and answered my questions. I've been with them for two weeks and so far so good. The service has been nice.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Gas provider and plan - Susanna was very helpful and positive in clearly explaining my options. With so many choices available and so many emails to sort through and consider different plans it was very confusing. She was easy to understand and highly effective on the telephone. She is a valued ambassador for your company.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I want to thank the agent for helping me today. I called Vista’s customer service department for rates. The agent that answered was knowledgeable, and answered all of my questions. He explained to me the plan details. I would recommend Vista Energy to others shopping for rates.

Original review: May 16, 2019

The Vista Energy people were walking around my neighborhood and came to my door. I liked the fact that with them, my bill was gonna be so low compared to what it was. So, I signed up and I have them for about a year and a half now. I liked them for a while until I paid attention to my bill and it wasn’t what they told me. They made it sound like my bill was gonna be a flat rate at 20 something a month when in fact it was the 28, then PG&E charged me for the delivery fee. That wasn’t explained to me completely and Vista's reps should let the customer know that it was gonna be two separate charges.

A few days ago, I called to cancel and the lady I spoke to was really nice. She let me know about another promotion that was going on to make my bill lower and I wasn’t going to do it because of the last time when they didn’t explain it directly. But she explained that I was gonna get charged the price she sent and at the same time, I would also get charged for delivery fees by PG&E. So, she explained to me that I would get two different charges, but it would be lower than what I was paying before.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating and your feedback Ms. Howard. I will get your feedback to the door to door agents supervisors to make sure they explain completely how the plan with Vista Energy works. If customer service can assist you in any way with another plan. Please contact us Monday thru Friday 7 am until 6 pm CST. Thank you so much.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My bill has been high for a while and I didn’t realize it as I set up the automatic pay each month. After a couple of months, I started to notice it and felt like I wanted to quit the program then Vista gave me the discount. As far as customer service goes, it’s good. I just don’t know what’s different. If they can list the difference of the PG&E bill and their bill, that’s okay for me. But if I don’t have the clear picture, I just don’t know why my bill is so high.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Mr. Fang. Thank you for the rating. Please contact customer service we will help you with your questions, we open at 7 am CST

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 11, 2019

The reps from Vista Energy were courteous and the interaction was fine. They were very professional. I’ve only had it a month and when I turn the thermostat up, the heat kicks in. I flip the switch and the electric comes on. So, it's good which is what I expect and there has been no interruption of service.

Thank you so much Ms. Rissmann for the rating

Original review: May 10, 2019

The reps of Vista Energy are very nice. They helped me get set up in the program and I never had a problem when I was setting up. But what it is, is you have to renew every year and I didn't know it at first. And then, another company came in and jumped right in and it was a higher price. Vista is a lot better. I am on disability, so Vista helped me quite a bit. It saved me on my bill. I'd recommend Vista 100%.

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs