Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5
Get a Quote

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

Vista Energy Marketing Call Now Toll Free (800) 358-5450 Learn More Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I accidentally signed me up with Vista. They always come into the door and so one time, when somebody came, I did not even know what I was doing. They talk so fast, and I’m old and I didn’t even understand what it meant on the bill, what was high and what was low. This past winter, my bill seemed like it went up higher and pretty much stayed the same for a while. My nephew is looking into it now because there’s just me here, and they have four people in their household and my bill is almost as high as theirs. My contract is going to be up some time in March and he wants to check at that point before it needs to be cancelled, to see what I should do. If I should keep it with Vista or change and go to another company. He is going to check in to see if we can get a better price.

On my overall electricity bill that is on AEP plus Vista altogether, I can still get a budget so that makes things a lot better for me. I paid the same amount each time. The budget would keep me so at the end of the year, I wouldn’t have a big, gigantic payment to make and level it out over the whole year. It helps somebody that is on a fixed income. I have been pleased with Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. We did receive a call from your nephew about your rewards and will be available to you in March

Get buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Vista Energy marketing came to my door offering a deal on my gas prices. I live in Chico California and that time, we just watched the town of Paradise burn down and so everybody was really concerned about their gas and power. I thought it might be safe to switch to Vista to see how it worked. The rep was very polite and professional. Signing up with them was very easy. He asked me questions and helped me fill out the paperwork. I then spoke to somebody on the phone to confirm everything and I was done.

So far, my deal with them has saved me quite a bit of money. But, it's helpful for them to remind their customers that in the wintertime, gas prices skyrocket. They should also remind customers that if we pay our bill every three months or so or in full, we get a gift card. It also would help if Vista reminds customers that we could get money back from signing up for their program. Even so, I like that when I call them, I get a live representative. Before with PG&E, when I call I get an automated representative. It's a lot better to have someone to speak to when I have questions. Vista is better than PG&E.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

A Vista girl presented herself well and her knowledge was good, so I decided it would be okay to go with them. I recently had an experience with another company that did not explain themselves and so, they got me to give information and I didn’t realize that what they were changing was the electric supply. They were forceful and implied that it was something different because I was elderly. I was a little confused, and so, I went along with it thinking that I would save money. But Vista was nothing like that.

So, I have since called Ameren and told them that I want Vista and that I don’t want the other company. And I’m going to call again at the end of the month and make sure that it’s kept with Vista. Then, also, someone from Vista called me and asked me to approve, and said something about the gift card does not apply until after six months with the company. Not that it was that important to me, but they might wanna tell people. That was the only thing that they lacked there. Other than that, they will go in effect my next billing cycle.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Vista Energy reps were going house-to-house then and I was just outside, and they asked me about signing up with them. I said, “We need to know how much we needed to pay every month.” I’m not working right now, but I have part-time jobs here and there, not a steady income though. But my husband was all leery about it. I told him that me and my ex-boyfriend have done it before and that they’re not gonna scam us out of money. If anything, they’re gonna cost us less money. So, we eventually went with it and we've had it since July.

Vista Energy convinced us that their rate was fixed, which wasn’t. It was way less than what we had to deal with last winter. Our electric bill would be 30 bucks, but around wintertime, we have to plug in the blower for the heat to get out. It’s very old and it’s electric, weird radiator. That’s the one thing that kills us in the winter. So in the winter, there’s a $90 electric bill. I just got an electric bill the other day that’s due on the 22nd and it’s $37, and it used to be $56. So, that’s not bad. The quality of their service has been good, so far. Our bills are roughly the same each month. It has been $5 less, $5 more. We got a bill today and it’s $20 less, so it evens out.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I talked to somebody at Vista Energy Marketing a while back. It was my last month, and I noticed when I was with a regular PG&E, my gas was cheaper. With Vista, it’s a little bit higher. I don’t use that much gas, and a lady was telling me that next month, it should be showing a lower. She was saying the time I called that that billing cycle was almost done. The only thing I used it for is the shower. I have an electric stove and during the winter, I do not use my heater. I have a friend who works at PG&E and she was telling me, “Wow, they’re charging you this much? Your bill from PG&E would’ve been $5 and they charge you almost $25, $30 here.” Also with PG&E, I used to look on the internet on the first of each month, and my bills would be there. We’re waiting for Vista to find out where my bill is. I do all my bills on the first. I go on my internet, I look at all my bills, and usually I’m waiting for five or six days before I get my bill.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I had one of your salesman come to my gate of my front porch. He Could not open my gate so he yelled at me through my front door. When I came out he started his speech and I started shaking my head and he told me to stop shaking my head. I asked him to leave at least three times and he just kept at his little speech. I told him he was trespassing, the sign was right beside him and if he doesn’t leave I’m gonna let my dog out of the house. He threatened to call the cops on me. Now mind you, he is on the outside of my gate. He still refused to leave. So I called my dog. At that moment he left my property. Threatening to call the cops. I have audio and video of this whole situation. No cop showed up. I had my proof waiting. But because of his rude pushy inconsiderate attitude I would never consider doing business with you. If this is the type of people that you hire they are making your company look really really really bad.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I signed up with Vista and the price was supposed to be less per kilowatt-hour. But with my regular company’s charge per kilowatt-hour, I’m not sure there's much of a difference and if I’m saving money with it. I got these rebate checks but that kilowatt-hour sometimes was less with my regular energy company.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: June 27, 2020

Vista Energy's reps have always been nice and helpful. With just a certain amount, which was 60 cents a day, it was nice during the winter months when I would use my gas more for my heater. But now that we're in the summer months and I don't use my heater, I ended up having to call. And I got a different plan going on because I paid more than the energy I used for gas. And then, even now, when I called and told the reps, “I don't use this much and I'm paying for it,” they were able to set me up with a different plan type. So, I've had a good experience so far.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The guy came and knocked on the door. We got it for the gift cards. But, I do not see any difference in my bill. It is still high all the time. But, it does not matter. I have had different many providers that I do not see too much of a change in my bill. The gentleman sold to my neighbors and I, and he was a charm. And we all signed up with Vista because he was nice, telling us stuff, and that was what made us do it. But then, we are trying to get the discount we were supposed to get. They told us the first six months, we get $50, then the next six months, we would get another 50. We would get $100 total discount. They are supposed to send me a card, but I have not received it yet. I will keep it if their word is good.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Martina thank you for the rating. Contact customer service today so that we can assist you with getting your gift card @ 888-508-4782 Monday thru Friday 7 a.m. CST until 6 p.m. CST

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 13, 2020

I chose to keep the same plan because they are so very difficult to understand. My plan was changed and price was raised by $40/month (which is almost a 70% increase). Customer service was no help and told me I was stuck with this pricing for a year. There was no offer of help at all. Any company who completely disregards a loyal customer's concerns and refuses to assist is a huge disappointment. I would suggest prospective customers do a lot of research before choosing this company. As soon as I can change my plan to another company, I will be changing.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Ms. Reynolds I spoke with Chris and asked him to assist. Please call this morning at 888-508-4782 we will help you.

Vista Energy Marketing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team