It's that easy Request Information
3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

265 Vista Energy Marketing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

There was a girl who came to the door and explained Vista to me. I have been with them for a month now and it has been all right. The representatives were very nice and knowledgeable.

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Vista Energy has great introductory rates. I went online and did the changeover. The quality of their service has been good, so far.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Guo! We are happy to hear that our prices stand out. We are pleased that our team was kind and provided plenty of information. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

A food pantry told us about Vista Energy Marketing. They said it was easier and cheaper than ComEd. The rewards also intrigued us. When you reduce certain things to save your energy, you get rewards through Visa and Mastercard gift cards. Signing up with Vista was very easy. We just got the energy account number and our information. Plus, the rep was really good.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Vista Energy had salespeople going door-to-door in my neighborhood. I don't usually answer the door for these types of calls, but for whatever reason, I did. I am not sure if they had the proper permits to be doing this. The person at my door explained that if I switched to Vista, all I had to pay was $0.99 per day for gas. According to him, if I signed up, I would still receive electricity from PG&E, would now receive gas through Vista, but everything would still be on bill through PG&E. I pressed him for more information -- what basically amounted to $30/mo. for gas would be great, and he noted that it would take the ups and downs of monthly usage out of the equation, I would only have to pay the flat $30/mo. He assured me that it was a real deal and that I could cancel anytime.

I signed up. I called Vista a couple of weeks later, just to clarify that I wasn't locked into anything. I also asked the woman I spoke with several times about the amount I would be paying -- just $30 per month, really? She said yes each time, $0.99 per day, that's all there was to it. Imagine my surprise when I receive my first bill for over $90 (just for gas) from PG&E with my new service provider. Sure, it had a rate of $0.99 per day for usage, but it also included a new "delivery charge" of over $60!

I was/am angry and feel that I was taken advantage of by not receiving certain pieces of information. It really feels like I was duped by a bait and switch scheme. I am also frustrated that I was lied to by both Vista employees that I spoke with -- if not lied to outright, at least lied to by omission. I don't feel that it is right for Vista to employ such shady business practices, and I hope to stop others from getting scammed, also. I did call and cancel service with Vista as soon as I received that first bill, but received no apologies or empathy for what had happened. I feel that they should refund me any money paid above the amount which they promised that I would pay ($30 per month).

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, electricmeow497. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Vista Energy is sending your account back to PGE prior to enrolling Vista Energy. Is it okay for Customer Service from Vista Energy to contact you and discuss details? Please let us know. Thank you. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

A girl from Vista Energy came to my apartment and said the service was cheaper than my previous provider. Since I'm on a fixed income, I'd try anything to get anything cheaper. One of the other girls said she got hers but she didn’t notice the difference in her bill until a month later. Her bill was a dollar and I was going for that. Right there, I signed up with Vista. I signed up last December, but until now, I haven't got a bill. I called in to find out but I haven't got anything. Still, I would recommend Vista Energy to somebody. They were really good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I really liked the guy and girl from Vista Energy Marketing that came to my door. They were great and signing up for the service was very easy. I've been with Vista for one month now and my bill was considerably lower. I kept my heat around 75 because it was so cold. Generally, that would run me $200 but with Vista, it was only $98. I would like to switch my tenants to them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

It was easy signing up with Vista and their service is about the same as my previous energy provider.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Dave. Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience with Vista Energy. We are so happy to hear that signing up for Vista was super simple! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I signed up for PPL's standard offer, which looked like a very good deal. However, I was able to search further and find Vista to have a much better deal, so I signed up for Vista. I called PP&L and told them I don't want the standard offer and they said I should call back in three days. So, I called back in three days and told them again that I don't want the standard offer. However, I got a note today that Vista was canceled and I'm with the standard offer. PPL sent them a change request, thus I was switched over.

I've only had Vista for about one day and right now I've been canceled. I look forward to getting electricity from them in the future at the rates that I requested. It's about three cents lower through them than PP&L. I also spoke with Vista today and they were very professional. They put up with me being somewhat frustrated. They said they would reinstate me and I got a confirmation that it's sorted. So hopefully, I will be happier with Vista than I am with PP&L.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Brian! We are happy to hear that our prices stood out as a great deal and work for your needs! Thank you again for the positive review, we hope you have a wonderful day. - Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Vista came to the door and made an offer, and I thought I’d give it a try. I was talking to their representatives and the interaction was fine. They came in September, and then they came back again around Christmas time. They told me that I would receive a $25 gift card which I never got. Then they said it wouldn’t be until July. So, I feel like they lied about that.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Constance. Please give us a call at during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, or email us to resolve this issue. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We have rent houses and a couple of young men from Vista Energy Marketing showed up here and they asked us how many of them we were supplying electricity for. They explained their system, we filled the paperwork out, and they signed us up for all of our rent houses. Signing up wasn’t hard at all because I had my power records right here. The weather right now is cold though and the bill went up but I knew it was gonna do that.

Vista Energy Marketing response

We're so happy that you recommend us so highly, Brian! We try to provide a great customer experience for all. We are pleased that our team provided plenty of information. Thank you for your 5-star review. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

A young lady came out and showed me a better rate, so I switched to Vista. I've been with them for three months now and so far, their service has been great. The cost has been consistent and I would tell others to go with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Tikila! Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that our prices stood out as a great deal and work for your needs! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got tired of my bills going up and down so much from my previous provider. So, I switched to Vista Energy and I have them for a couple of months now. Their service has been all right, but I felt kind of persuaded and forced into it. Originally, the people that came to me to get me to switch didn't say I was switching right then and there. They told me that they wanted to see my bills and check my rates so they could get me a better rate. I agreed to that but then I came to find out that I got completely switched. I didn't even know which company I wanted to go with, but I thought I'd see how this would go.

I also explained to Vista's reps what happened and they apologized. But other than that, I'm fairly content right now with Vista. My bills have been pretty fairly the same while when I was with the last company I was with, Illinois Energy, I was being sent two bills. Peoples Gas were still charging me close to 300 a month then Illinois Energy had another kinda of a two on top of that. All in all, I would tell my friends that they should sign up with Vista Energy, too, especially if the rates were extremely high like mine previously were.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Helen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. You have a strong understanding of the market, so it makes us happy to know that you like and use our services. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thank you for choosing Vista Energy. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I liked Vista Energy's price and I have been using them for a few months now. The quality of the service they provide is excellent. I will recommend them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, William! We are pleased to hear that our services are the best price and our customer service was great. Thank you for the 5-star review and reach out to us if you need anything! - Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I've been with Vivint Energy for a couple of weeks now and they have been okay. However, their rep lied to me about the $100 Visa card. I was supposed to get an email to say if I wanted to do a card or if I wanted to just do the $100 online. I got a letter and when I called, I was told that a card will come in the mail but it would only be 50 and that I won't see it until July. Then, I'll get the other 50 in January which was not what the lady told me when she came to my house.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Dorothy. We strive to make the user experience as simple as possible. Please give us a call during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, or email us to resolve this issue. -Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

A representative of Vista Energy came to my door and told me about gift cards. I signed up and a got a letter in the mail. I went to their website and filled out the application. Vista also said that they would send a gift card. Thus far, their program seems good and my bills have been low. However, I still haven't received my gift card.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Alexander, thank you for your feedback. Vista strives every day to offer the best customer service as well as the right plan and best rates for our customers. Please feel free to reach out to us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you have any questions regarding gift cards, pricing, services, etc. Thank you for choosing Vista! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Vista Energy's prices were cheaper, so I decided to sign up with them. My interactions with their reps have been pretty good and I've been with them for a month now. Things have been okay and it will continue to be that way as long as long as I get my first bill and it's not way more than what it's supposed to be.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Lisa! Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a 5-star review! We are happy that our sales team was a good experience, we love knowing our team is making customers happy! Thank you again for the positive review, we hope you have a wonderful day. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have a three-month contract with Vista Energy. I found them online and went with them for their price. Signing up for their service was a very easy process. I spoke to them on the phone and they handled everything quite well. They were easy to contact and very congenial, too. So far, I'm very happy with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

We're so happy that you recommend us so highly, Judy! We try to provide a great customer experience for all, so we are pleased that our team was kind and provided plenty of information. Thank you for your 5-star review. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! - Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The Vista representatives I worked with answered my questions and gave me all the information. They were professional and cordial, and they made me feel comfortable. They were doing their job. Vista supplies the energy to Ameren, and I still pay my bill to Ameren. I haven’t had Vista very long, and I don’t really notice anything because I’m on a payment plan so the bill stays the same. But I looked on my bill. I was told the amount it costs per kilowatt would be better than what I had and I don’t believe it is. I don’t wanna change my bill anymore and if I’m not satisfied with what they provide after this year, I’m gonna go back to Ameren and not open my door anymore. Also, they said they were gonna give $100 but it turns out it’s gonna be $50 in six months and $50 after six more months.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Lisa. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience so far. We strive to make the user experience as simple as possible and hope that you are happy with our services. If you have any questions, feel free to call us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you need any assistance. Thank you. - Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I wanted to keep my light bills cheap but my bill with Vista was a couple of bucks higher than the other one I had, and I didn't use a lot of energy. I hope my bills don't get too high. There was also a piece of paper that said that I could call a number to receive a gift card. I had to go online and put something to get a gift card. But the quality of the energy market I have is okay.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Curtis, thank you for your feedback. Vista strives every day to offer the best customer service as well as the right plan and best rates for our customers. If you have any further questions, please call Vista Energy’s customer service number Monday thru Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. Thank you for choosing Vista! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I signed up with Vista Energy a couple of months ago and compared to my previous provider, it's better. But we’re supposed to get a $50 Visa card also and I haven’t even gotten that yet. That aside, I’m satisfied with Vista right now.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi, Pamela. Thank you for your 5-star review. Feel free to reach out to us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you ever have any questions. Thank you again for the positive review, we hope you have a wonderful day. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

You get tired of changing companies and the girl from Vista that was gonna sign me up the first time came and signed me up this time. I told her that I was gonna stay with her and she said that they could be back every year. I told her that was fine. The reps were very friendly and knew what they were talking about. The quality of service has been good and I don’t have any problems. Since having Vista, it has not been as expensive as some of it.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Melinda! We try to provide a great customer experience for all, so we are pleased that our team was kind and provided plenty of information. We are pleased to know that our pricing stood out from our competitors as well. Thank you again for the positive review. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Somebody from Vista came to my door and the percentage rate was lower than the people I was with. The rep was polite, nice and he was knowledgeable of what he was talking about.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Christopher! We are happy to hear that our prices stood out as a great deal and work for your needs! Thank you for letting us know that our sales team was polite and knowledgable as well, we love knowing our team is making customers happy! Feel free to reach out to our customer service team if you ever need anything. Thank you again. - Vista Energy Marketing

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Vista Energy’s rep was very nice. I asked him if I was saving money switching from my previous provider and he said yes, but it doesn’t appear to be that way. It looks like the rates are higher than what I was told I would be saving. From my previous bill, it said I was being charged, $0.599 and with Vista, it's $0.7. I also got something in the mail saying that I needed to activate something for rewards. But when I talked to the man when I signed up, he said I was supposed to get a $100 gift card, and I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Kristen, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Please feel free to reach out to us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you have any questions regarding pricing, services, etc. Thank you for choosing Vista! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I signed up with Vista to supply my gas through PG&E for .99 daily flat rate. When I received my letter of confirmation, it had (buried in the middle of the letter) "fixed daily charge $1.69 per day for unlimited usage for first 12 months. Please note: this rate is higher than the rate confirmed during your enrollment because your historical usage as provided by PG&E was materially higher than our estimate." Never, at any time, did Vista reps mention either verbally or in writing that the rate I signed up for would change, much less an increase of nearly 70%!

When I phoned Vista, the rep stated she could not honor the rate I signed up for and said the marketing reps were simply unaware of the possibility of raised rates. I don't believe ignorance is a valid excuse, as it is the responsibility of Vista management to make sure their employees are well-informed. They offered me an alternative rate of .69 per therm which sounded good, until I realized that the rates listed on my PGE bill included delivery fees that I would still have to pay. After subtracting those, my PGE rate was only .43 per therm. I canceled the contract, but advised the rep that her employer is employing an illegal marketing practice called "bait & switch" by signing people up for one price and then switching to another afterward, and that she is working for a company of questionable integrity.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Audrey, thank you for your feedback. Vista Energy does not scam people. Our company was built upon the foundational belief that people deserve energy products they can understand and customer service that puts them first. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel as though your time with Vista reflected those beliefs. If have any other issues, please a call at 888-508-4782 during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, so we can assist you. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The reps from Vista Energy were walking around and I looked it up after they left. Everything they said was legit. We did the signing-up in person with the young gentleman. He was still on training but he was very polite. The experience with Vista was great and people should sign up immediately.

Vista Energy Marketing response

We're so happy that you recommend us so highly, Salvador! We try to provide a great customer experience for all, so we are pleased that our team was kind and provided plenty of information. Thank you for your 5-star review. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

With Vista Energy there's control where we can buy our energy from. We don't have to buy from one particular place, which was kinda different. I signed up with them about three weeks ago and it was easy to do. Their rep explained the process to us and he called it in on our phone. We had to answer the questions. The guy was very efficient with his job and the process went really smoothly.

Vista Energy Marketing response

We're so happy that you recommend us so highly, Brian! We try to provide a great customer experience for all, so we are pleased that our team provided plenty of information. Thank you for your 5-star review. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

A guy from Vista came to the door and he was pretty nice. He walked me all the way through the process and said their offer was the best to take because it would save me a lot of money on all their extras. He said they would probably be back in six months, and then another six months later. I started service back in November and I haven't paid my first bill yet. I haven't got it yet. I'm still on that security deposit but it seems like everything's okay.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Edward. Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience with Vista Energy. We are happy to hear that our team has been helpful and our service is a great deal for you. Feel free to reach out to us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you have questions regarding your bill. Thank you again for the positive review. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I signed up online. A month before, a door agent said that under unlimiday 99 cents plan, my bill regardless of usage would be fixed for 1 year. Prior to that, I was averaging a PGE gas bill of $60 (ranging from $15 to $140/monthly). So I figured by signing up with this Vista plan my monthly gas bill (regardless of therm usage) would be about $30 plus taxes and some misc "justifiable" charges.

Winter was approaching and my usage would be higher. The timing couldn't be better, right? -- Great savings, added comfort and a lower bill compared to 2017's same period bill of roughly $101. BIG MISTAKE??? To my surprise, my first bill under this program - 11/27 thru 12/24 was $237. (Breakdown - $102 PGE delivery charges PLUS VISTA procurement charges of $135).

I called Vista Customer Service and was told that there was NOTHING they could do about PGE's delivery charges of $102 BUT would review the $135 procurement charges as assigned on the bill detail. They promised to call me back and as of this writing I am awaiting resolution. Now, mistakes can happen, but in fairness to all, I am withholding judgement. Suffice to say, there is a lot of confusion in this deregulated market and Vista Energy is just one of many 3rd party suppliers who have have knocked on my doors with compelling proposals. For sure, there is a need for more disclosure on Vista's website. Something akin to what a new realistic bill would look like under certain scenarios/rates and an explanation of delivery/procurement charges, etc. So here I am. Waiting and hoping for the best.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Charles. Thank you for reaching out to us and leaving this review. Our records show that Vista’s Customer Service Department did try to contact you once again. Customer Service was calling to notify you that received a credit for your next bill in the amount of $107.29.

Please call us back if you have any questions or issues moving forward. You can contact Customer Service at 888-508-4782 during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST. Thank you. - Vista Energy Marketing.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was told that Vista Energy Marketing would help me save on my electricity bill. The signup was easy. Their rep told me what was going on and three weeks later, I got a letter in the mail.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello, Natasha. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience so far. We strive to make the user experience as simple as possible and hope that you are happy with our services. Feel free to call us during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, if you need any assistance. Thank you. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Rude workers came to my front door at 8:30pm. I told them it was too late to be soliciting but he continued to talk asking question about the who was the head of the household. I told them they were in bed already. He said he needed their name for when he comes back. I told him No so he asked me for my name. I told him No so he said I would be breaking a new law that was passed. If I didn't go with his company. Then he started to get mean and rude. At that point I closed the window and walked away.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Tina. We apologize this was your experience with Vista Energy. We wish to look into the matter regarding your personal experience with the sales representative. Know that we do not tolerate that our door-to-door sales team being rude or making people uncomfortable. We assure you the appropriate action will be taken.

Please let us know the details of this event by contacting Customer Service @ 888-508-4782 during our business hours, which are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST, so we can assist you further. - Vista Energy Marketing.

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information

vistaenergymarketing.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.