It's that easy Request Information
3.95/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

309 Vista Energy Marketing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

Nancy ** was extremely well informed answering my questions, communicating with me slowly & distinctly as well as making sure I was understanding what she was saying along the way. In addition, she was able to put me on a different program that would handle my needs & save me money. She certainly is an asset to your company & should be awarded for her patience & expertise.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Ashley was courteous when she answered my questions and handled processing my selection efficiently. I am glad she did not require me to be as verbose as the review form. If she had not been so helpful I would not bother with this.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 18, 2019

Signing up with Vista Energy was easy and I went with them because of the lower price.

Original review: April 17, 2019

She helped me find a lower rate or my gas prices. Because at the rate I’m Paying for my gas 99 cents a day is too much when I don’t use a lot of gas & also the flat rate is charged worhoyr it without using gas that day which is unfair so I changed my plan.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Looking to cancel. She provided me with great info And I decided to keep the service. She was very informative and caring and understanding. She was polite and straight to the point. Have me no push back at all. She was very good and fast.

Vista Energy Marketing response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: April 17, 2019

She was courteous and really took care of my situation and concern I had! I thank her so much for helping me the way she did. She was very understanding! She was polite enough to take care of my fee and really helped me out!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I called to renew fixed rate on has and I was helped with what I needed. The man was very helpful. I ask him what it would be like if I kept it on a variable rate and he explained how that would work so I stayed in fixed rate.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 13, 2019

Our new address number very confusing. Customer service was able to figure it out and get me started on what was needed. Also the young lady that helped me lock in a rate for the new year genuinely wanted to resolve the several issues that I had with or new residents and also the previous address.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: April 12, 2019

PG&E notified us with the different providers carrying gas, and based on the price, we signed up with Vista. Their customer service is very good. We've been enrolled with them for a couple of years now and have locked-in a certain rate, which in two months we would see if it goes down. I've been waiting for them to reduce the price.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Ms. Gallagher good morning and thank you for the good rating. Call Customer Service and let's see if we have another plan for you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Max was kind and patient. Thankful that he was available today. I look forward to learning about other opportunities in the future. During the call he was courteous and thoughtful. He helped me understand the three different plans and was available for my questions.

Thank you Mr. Toothman for the good rating

Original review: April 8, 2019

Spoke to Jocelyn ** this morning. She was pleasant and was able to answer my questions about the length of commitment (12 months) for my gas and electric provision. She said that she would send me an email regarding receiving a gift card. Haven't received it yet and can't evaluate the benefit of Vista since I just joined and haven't been able to compare prices to my former provider.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had a different electric company before for 12 months, and then Vista came to the door. They did not wanna give up until they convinced me. They were making sense, and I grabbed what they were offering me. I use them for electric but I'm wondering why my gas wasn’t changed over too. They were supposed to send me a $100 Visa card, and I didn’t get another one. Nevertheless, the Vista reps who came were very nice and helpful.

Thank you for the good rating. Call Customer Service with any questions

Original review: March 29, 2019

Vista Energy is a lot lower than what Ameren, my previous provider, was talking about. The Vista rep was very polite and helpful. He explained their services a lot better than most people who come around here once you switch over to the energy saver. I’m very satisfied with the overall service provided by Vista compared to the price paid. It has been a lot better than what my previous bills were.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was using a different electric company and I found Vista through research through Pennsylvania Power and Light. I liked their price and enrolled online. I got an email saying I got approved and then a letter in the mail. I pay PPL, so I don't even pay Vista. They run their energy, which is weird because I'm from Arkansas, and when I lived in Oklahoma, it wasn't like that.

Now I pay PPL and PPL pays Vista. I'd use PPL myself, but it's cheaper going through other people for some reason, and I don't understand it. I signed up for a three-month deal with Vista and it ends at the end of this month, so I'll have to sign up again for something else. If friends asked me who to go to, I'd say look on the PPL website. Nevertheless, Vista's service is good because it hasn't gone out, so I'm happy.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 26, 2019

I liked Vista Energy’s low price and I signed up online where everything worked seamlessly. Once the introductory price expired, then I went to a variable price. And once I'm out of my time period, that's when I shopped around for more because I've gotten burned in the past, not necessarily from Vista Energy, but from other companies with variable prices that jacked it way up. The overall service provided compared to the price I paid when I was with Vista was excellent. Check out their prices. It might be a good deal.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 25, 2019

Vista is awesome - the prices, the quality and the customer service. Their reps were very friendly, kind and helpful. They showed me the different pricing and helped me to get started. They were very patient and very knowledgeable too. Since having Vista Energy, I know when I come home, my lights turn on and working and I'm able to shut them off when I'm ready to go to bed. It's great service.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 24, 2019

Vista Energy's rates are great and the service is good. They sent in an email notification once approved and the rate is locked for the next 12 months. So far, I've seen a difference in my electric bill. It's lower than what it used to be. Vista is a good company and I'll recommend it to my friends if they need to switch.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 21, 2019

One of Vista Energy Marketing door-to-door salesman came to my door on a week day during working business hours in March of 2018. I was not even home at the time and my significant other answered the door. He is not on my lease, nor is his name on my Ameren account. He told the salesman he did not live there, and that the renter (myself) was not home. The salesman performed the typical speech of stating he needed to see the Ameren bill and could save us “x” amount of dollars per month.

My significant other repeated that he did not live there, and the salesman then insisted he provide his name and phone number, so he could "check this address off his list, so he didn't have to come back". My significant other felt pressured to provide the salesman with his name and phone number as he is not familiar with these types of salesman and was unsure of who the salesman was, or what type of service he was trying to provide. Let me make it very clear that my significant other DID NOT agree to ANY changes nor would he be authorized to make changes even if he wished to do so. I then received a letter a week later for my "Electric Supplier Choice Confirmation" stating that my new supplier would go into effect the next month within two business days of my account’s scheduled meter reading date, April 23, 2019.

My significant other is NOT on my Ameren account and therefore he is not authorized to make ANY changes to my account, even if he did agree to make a change to my supplier – which he did not. This salesman ILLEGALLY made changes to my Ameren supplier without my consent to receive whatever commission it is they are receiving for each person who agrees to change suppliers.

This practice should not be tolerated or gone unnoticed. I would also like to note that I live in the city of Collinsville, Illinois where solicitation from these suppliers is ILLEGAL. I am only aware of this law because another one of these “Ameren suppliers” was at my door just a few months ago when a Collinsville Police Officer walked up in the middle of the salesman’s speech and stated these laws and asked him to leave. The Officer stated that under no circumstance is there to be ANY door-to-door solicitation of ANY kind in the City of Collinsville and he must leave immediately. I can understand the salesman are just doing their jobs, but to make changes to my personal Ameren account without ever having spoken a single word to me is crossing a line of legality. These actions must be stopped as they made illegal changes to my Ameren account without my consent.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not the standard of training the door to door persons receive, normally you are explained the product and it is your choice if you want to sign up with Vista Energy or not. Please call us, as I would like to make up for your disappointment and place you on Vista Energy’s do not knock list. Please contact Customer Service Monday 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. CST.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I signed up with Vista Energy Marketing three weeks ago and my interactions with their reps were good and seamless. They were professional, answered my questions and got me what I needed. I understood how the rate worked and they gave me a quote over the phone based on what I used per month on average. Vista's 4.99 cents per kilowatt-hour caught my attention. They had a really low rate and even though they had a $30 a month service charge, the rate was still lower than what I would be paying other companies. Plus, the quality of their service has been above-average. I'd recommend Vista. My overall experience with them had been great. Plus, they've met my expectations. I look forward to a lasting relationship with them.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Vista Energy Marketing was cheaper. I signed up with them over the phone and the experience was okay. The reps went through their process and did fine.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Max was very patient as I did not know my account number, very thorough when explaining my questions, took the time to really listen to me. Resolved my issue regarding Vista energy gift card. Give him a raise :) Thank you!

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 18, 2019

Vista Energy offered the longest contract when you look at the contract per kilowatt rate assessment. I selected to go with them as I didn't want to do another three-month or six-month contract. Everything was done online. You go to the Pennsylvania website and it takes you there based on what your pre-qualifications were. Their website was easy to work with. Vista is the third energy supplier we've used and it's mostly based on rate. They should continue to be competitive and we'll stick with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 17, 2019

I went online and signed up with Vista Energy and their website is very user-friendly.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 16, 2019

I just changed last month to Vista Energy Marketing. The young woman I talked to did a good job explaining things to me. She also told me that I was gonna get a $100 gift certificate, but I have not received it yet. I’ve called and they told me that I would be receiving it but they didn’t say when. So far, I’ve gotten two bills and it has been cheaper than what I had in the past.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you so much Lawrence for the good review. Please contact Vista Energy with any questions about the gift card

Original review: March 15, 2019

I switched to Vista Energy not too long ago and I selected them because of the price. I did everything online and the process was easy. So far, everything’s great.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 14, 2019

Every year, I switch to whoever is the cheapest, which is all I care about. At the time I signed up, Vista Energy Marketing was the cheapest so I locked them in for a year. I did the set-up online and their website was fine. So far, I've been satisfied with my experience with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 13, 2019

I needed to find out just when my service with Vista was going to begin because it wasn't reflected on my March billing from PG&E. Ms ** found my record quickly and informed me of the status of my account. As this is the first experience with Vista, I will trust that it will go smoothly.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: March 11, 2019

I would give negative stars if allowed! Agent Damien ** agent #** CA registration ** came to my home 2/2/19 and sold us gas at $30.00 dollars a month (no matter how much we used) and then there would be no more tier 2 charges from PG&E. While he was here we called the 800 number for verification and I was told I was approved (he mentioned my neighbor also signed up). Fast forward to now I get my PG&E bill for $813.48 and I call Vista. First I spoke with "Chris **" (manager) and explained my situation. He said that he was sorry but my application didn't go through because the Rep. was a recording (the one Damien called). Apparently this is against Vista regulation. He also said that it takes 15-45 days for an application to go through. I was never told that and my neighbor didn't have a problem. Theirs started within 5 days.

So I explained to Chris that I was under the impression that I was being charged the $30 (flat rate) through Vista and he said he was sorry that there is nothing he could do about the past bill. I asked for manager above him (his boss) so he said there was none and then I said "everyone has a boss". He transferred me to "Janet" badge #** and she was very rude, she is the manager of the call center. I asked to speak to her boss or someone that could help me. She said there is nothing they can do and HUNG UP ON ME! I can't believe after 2 hours of waiting on the phone that's was I get. So learn from my experience. I have a photo of the page of the person who sold this to me.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Vista Energy is not a scam and I am sorry you feel this way. Vista Energy has never billed you, your bill is from your current supplier. The enrollment was rejected by the utility not Vista Energy. Chris tried to explain this to you Ms. Estep. Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry to hear that this was your experience. I will bring your concern to Damien's Manager attention.

Original review: March 8, 2019

A couple of months ago, someone rang my doorbell and explained that with Vista, I would be paying a flat $29 per month for gas, every month. That sounded like a good deal and I signed-up. My next bill came and it was $118!! I realized at that point that what I was promised was a flat-out lie. In fact, as I understand it now, the flat fee was for gas procurement only, but all other charges would remain. Turns out I am not even being charged $29 a month for procurement, but over $41! And this is more than what PG&E would charge! These guys are scammers and I would stay away from them at all cost. Don't believe the good reviews, they must be fake.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Vista Energy is not a scam and I am sorry you feel this way. On March 11, 2019 your account was sent back to the utility prior to going on flow with Vista Energy. I understand your concern and so on your next meter read all charges should show from your utility and not Vista. If you need further assistant please call Vista Energy's customer service department we are here to assist you. Monday thru Friday 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.

Original review: March 8, 2019

One of Visa Energy Marketing came to my flat and told me that their program is built to help people. When I receive my bill, I was charged 29.70 in addition to PE@E regular charge, which made my bill higher than the usual. Please do not sign up unless you asked them about VISTA ENERGY MARKETING LP Gas Procurement chargers; Otherwise, they will charge extra charge. Be careful. I just spoke to their customer service and placed my account on cancellation.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Mr. Ali, thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry this was your experience with Vista Energy. I have requested your return to the utility prior to signing up with Vista Energy. You should she the charge removed on your next meter read. The Door to Door agent has been terminated

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs