Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5
Visit Website

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I accidentally signed me up with Vista. They always come into the door and so one time, when somebody came, I did not even know what I was doing. They talk so fast, and I’m old and I didn’t even understand what it meant on the bill, what was high and what was low. This past winter, my bill seemed like it went up higher and pretty much stayed the same for a while. My nephew is looking into it now because there’s just me here, and they have four people in their household and my bill is almost as high as theirs. My contract is going to be up some time in March and he wants to check at that point before it needs to be cancelled, to see what I should do. If I should keep it with Vista or change and go to another company. He is going to check in to see if we can get a better price.

On my overall electricity bill that is on AEP plus Vista altogether, I can still get a budget so that makes things a lot better for me. I paid the same amount each time. The budget would keep me so at the end of the year, I wouldn’t have a big, gigantic payment to make and level it out over the whole year. It helps somebody that is on a fixed income. I have been pleased with Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. We did receive a call from your nephew about your rewards and will be available to you in March

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Vista Energy marketing came to my door offering a deal on my gas prices. I live in Chico California and that time, we just watched the town of Paradise burn down and so everybody was really concerned about their gas and power. I thought it might be safe to switch to Vista to see how it worked. The rep was very polite and professional. Signing up with them was very easy. He asked me questions and helped me fill out the paperwork. I then spoke to somebody on the phone to confirm everything and I was done.

So far, my deal with them has saved me quite a bit of money. But, it's helpful for them to remind their customers that in the wintertime, gas prices skyrocket. They should also remind customers that if we pay our bill every three months or so or in full, we get a gift card. It also would help if Vista reminds customers that we could get money back from signing up for their program. Even so, I like that when I call them, I get a live representative. Before with PG&E, when I call I get an automated representative. It's a lot better to have someone to speak to when I have questions. Vista is better than PG&E.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Vista Energy reps were going house-to-house then and I was just outside, and they asked me about signing up with them. I said, “We need to know how much we needed to pay every month.” I’m not working right now, but I have part-time jobs here and there, not a steady income though. But my husband was all leery about it. I told him that me and my ex-boyfriend have done it before and that they’re not gonna scam us out of money. If anything, they’re gonna cost us less money. So, we eventually went with it and we've had it since July.

Vista Energy convinced us that their rate was fixed, which wasn’t. It was way less than what we had to deal with last winter. Our electric bill would be 30 bucks, but around wintertime, we have to plug in the blower for the heat to get out. It’s very old and it’s electric, weird radiator. That’s the one thing that kills us in the winter. So in the winter, there’s a $90 electric bill. I just got an electric bill the other day that’s due on the 22nd and it’s $37, and it used to be $56. So, that’s not bad. The quality of their service has been good, so far. Our bills are roughly the same each month. It has been $5 less, $5 more. We got a bill today and it’s $20 less, so it evens out.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: May 7, 2019

A door representative from Vista came to my home and provided me some information. He asked if I wouldn’t mind letting him see my bill and he could show how much I would be saving with the program. The customer service was good and signing up was very easy. The guy was super friendly, so he made me feel very comfortable with it. I just called Vista a couple of days ago and found out that I’ve been with them for almost a year.

I went into into PG&E because I advised them that my bill should be less. They told me that they also compared the rates and that I was paying more with Vista Energy because they charge me a flat rate. However, if I look at my actual usage, I shouldn’t be paying that much if I would’ve just been with PG&E. The guy from PG&E said that Vista charges me $28 but I should have paid only $7 for my usage. He said I have to call Vista to cancel the program. That same day, I called Vista which was just last week and they told me that I was on the wrong program. When the gentleman signed me up, it so happened that he signed me up right after winter had ended. So, it made it seem like my gas usage was higher than what I was actually gonna be anticipating since we were entering summer. He didn’t take that into account. Although he was very friendly, I was never set up on the right program.

The last representative was very knowledgeable and she made me very comfortable about being with Vista Energy even though I didn’t get to take advantage fully of the savings. She switched it for me and told me that because we’re going into the summertime, I will be using my gas less, so she put me on a different type of plan where I would pay per use instead of a flat rate. I am a little disappointed because I never got to see what I would save. Although they told me, showed me and explained it to me, I never saw the impact of it on my actual bill. Nevertheless, she assured me that the plan she has me on now is right and within a month or two, I will see a difference. If for some reason I don’t, she said to call back and if they can’t figure it out, then they’re more than happy to cancel my plan for me. I’m gonna give it a try and see if maybe now, I’m on the right plan.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating Angelina. Always contact Vista Energy's customer service for assistance with different plans or any questions you may have. We are here to assist you Monday thru Friday 7 am until 6 pm CST

Original review: April 28, 2019

I’ve been with Vista for almost a year now. When I went with them, they were the only one that made sense at the time ‘cause everybody else I talked to is trying to get me to buy their solar panel. I've had great interactions with the Vista guys. My life is crazy right now but they made it super easy for me to do anything and adjust, so it’s nice. They hooked up the account and I get the emails on time on how much my bill is gonna be and how much kilowatt. Whenever I needed to contact somebody, they answered quickly.

The only thing Vista can improve on is communicating because it took us a while before our solar got turned on. It was ‘cause they were waiting for the City of Vacaville and everything else. It would've probably been easier if they communicated with us what was going on instead of leaving us in the dark for two months. It would have given us a clear image on what we were waiting for instead of us not understanding. Other than that, my bill was really high in my notice last month. But when I got my PG&E bill, they credit me back for energy and gas. So, the cost is fine. I love Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Since having Vista, there has been a slight decrease in my bill. I’m pretty satisfied with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had another provider before and they were okay. When I got Vista Energy Marketing, they were wonderful at first. In the summer months, they were 1.99 which was really nice. Then they went up to 4.99 in the winter month and that was too high for me. I called Vista and the lady told me that the lowest she could go down was $0.50, so it was 4.49, and I appreciated that. But that was getting a bit extremely too high for my gas bill. I left them because someone else came to me with 3.49 and that was a whole dollar cheaper. I don't know why their rates are so low in the summer and it goes up so high in the winter. They know that we’re gonna use our gas in the winter because it’s cold. And for them to go up that expense on a person when they’re really using it, that’s terrible. But overall, I was satisfied.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I'm very satisfied with Vista Energy. My bills are a little lower since using them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We have a big house and everybody uses gas. With Vista Energy, our bill is a little lower. I'd tell others to hook up Vista Energy.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I used Black Hills Energy and then I went straight to Vista. I like Vista's two-year program and the set rate. But it's jumped 10 bucks or better this time since I went from 52.19 to 67. But it's still an under $100 bill. The 2-year program will be completed in June and I was with them a year before that.

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team