Call toll free
4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

A door representative from Vista came to my home and provided me some information. He asked if I wouldn’t mind letting him see my bill and he could show how much I would be saving with the program. The customer service was good and signing up was very easy. The guy was super friendly, so he made me feel very comfortable with it. I just called Vista a couple of days ago and found out that I’ve been with them for almost a year.

I went into into PG&E because I advised them that my bill should be less. They told me that they also compared the rates and that I was paying more with Vista Energy because they charge me a flat rate. However, if I look at my actual usage, I shouldn’t be paying that much if I would’ve just been with PG&E. The guy from PG&E said that Vista charges me $28 but I should have paid only $7 for my usage. He said I have to call Vista to cancel the program. That same day, I called Vista which was just last week and they told me that I was on the wrong program. When the gentleman signed me up, it so happened that he signed me up right after winter had ended. So, it made it seem like my gas usage was higher than what I was actually gonna be anticipating since we were entering summer. He didn’t take that into account. Although he was very friendly, I was never set up on the right program.

The last representative was very knowledgeable and she made me very comfortable about being with Vista Energy even though I didn’t get to take advantage fully of the savings. She switched it for me and told me that because we’re going into the summertime, I will be using my gas less, so she put me on a different type of plan where I would pay per use instead of a flat rate. I am a little disappointed because I never got to see what I would save. Although they told me, showed me and explained it to me, I never saw the impact of it on my actual bill. Nevertheless, she assured me that the plan she has me on now is right and within a month or two, I will see a difference. If for some reason I don’t, she said to call back and if they can’t figure it out, then they’re more than happy to cancel my plan for me. I’m gonna give it a try and see if maybe now, I’m on the right plan.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating Angelina. Always contact Vista Energy's customer service for assistance with different plans or any questions you may have. We are here to assist you Monday thru Friday 7 am until 6 pm CST

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I’ve been with Vista for almost a year now. When I went with them, they were the only one that made sense at the time ‘cause everybody else I talked to is trying to get me to buy their solar panel. I've had great interactions with the Vista guys. My life is crazy right now but they made it super easy for me to do anything and adjust, so it’s nice. They hooked up the account and I get the emails on time on how much my bill is gonna be and how much kilowatt. Whenever I needed to contact somebody, they answered quickly.

The only thing Vista can improve on is communicating because it took us a while before our solar got turned on. It was ‘cause they were waiting for the City of Vacaville and everything else. It would've probably been easier if they communicated with us what was going on instead of leaving us in the dark for two months. It would have given us a clear image on what we were waiting for instead of us not understanding. Other than that, my bill was really high in my notice last month. But when I got my PG&E bill, they credit me back for energy and gas. So, the cost is fine. I love Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I signed up for PPL's standard offer, which looked like a very good deal. However, I was able to search further and find Vista to have a much better deal, so I signed up for Vista. I called PP&L and told them I don't want the standard offer and they said I should call back in three days. So, I called back in three days and told them again that I don't want the standard offer. However, I got a note today that Vista was canceled and I'm with the standard offer. PPL sent them a change request, thus I was switched over.

I've only had Vista for about one day and right now I've been canceled. I look forward to getting electricity from them in the future at the rates that I requested. It's about three cents lower through them than PP&L. I also spoke with Vista today and they were very professional. They put up with me being somewhat frustrated. They said they would reinstate me and I got a confirmation that it's sorted. So hopefully, I will be happier with Vista than I am with PP&L.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the 5-stars, Brian! We are happy to hear that our prices stood out as a great deal and work for your needs! Thank you again for the positive review, we hope you have a wonderful day. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got tired of my bills going up and down so much from my previous provider. So, I switched to Vista Energy and I have them for a couple of months now. Their service has been all right, but I felt kind of persuaded and forced into it. Originally, the people that came to me to get me to switch didn't say I was switching right then and there. They told me that they wanted to see my bills and check my rates so they could get me a better rate. I agreed to that but then I came to find out that I got completely switched. I didn't even know which company I wanted to go with, but I thought I'd see how this would go.

I also explained to Vista's reps what happened and they apologized. But other than that, I'm fairly content right now with Vista. My bills have been pretty fairly the same while when I was with the last company I was with, Illinois Energy, I was being sent two bills. Peoples Gas were still charging me close to 300 a month then Illinois Energy had another kinda of a two on top of that. All in all, I would tell my friends that they should sign up with Vista Energy, too, especially if the rates were extremely high like mine previously were.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Helen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. You have a strong understanding of the market, so it makes us happy to know that you like and use our services. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thank you for choosing Vista Energy. - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

PECO is the area company for electric and they have a website set up that you don’t automatically have to default and use them. They show alternate providers and Vista, which was one of many, had a good chunk of time and good rate. The information is collected and you can sort by kilowatt hour, how long your contract is and by early termination fees. The reps were fine and knowledgeable. I called them, gave my information over the phone and got my stuff done. They were easily able to switch me over with no further input from me needed and I appreciated that. Everything was taken care of and I’m happy with what I’m paying and with the service given to me, as far as getting me the product.

Vista was flexible and they were open for me to change providers if needed. They were also accommodating. With people in Pennsylvania again, we have that option that shows different providers and thus compare them to different set of variables. Vista is good and as long as their prices don’t drift too much in comparison to other companies, people should keep an eye out for them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello James, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that our process was simple and our team was accomidating for your energy needs. Thank you for choosing Vista Energy and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. - Vista Energy Marketing

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Response was quick and helpful. Rep was polite. She resolved my issue to my satisfaction in a very timely manner. She ended by asking if there was anything else she could help me with. The service was effective. Thank-you very much.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

A very nice, polite gentleman from Vista Energy came to the door, and it sounded reasonable to me, so I tried it. I was with Columbia Gas and with AEP, and I didn't notice any change in the service. The service was fine. But I just called Vista Energy today and told them to switch me back to my original suppliers because it’s costing me a whole lot more money. In the three-month period that I’ve waited, I could’ve paid four months’ worth of energy bills so it’s cost me about another month’s worth of bills. The person I talked with about it was very polite and nice and understood and sorry that I had to do it, but it is what it is. If the cost was going to be less, then I would have no problem with it at all.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Everything has been going well with Vista Energy. Whenever I reached out to them about a bill or something, the people that I have spoken to were nice.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

It has always went well with Vista Energy. Nothing has been interfered with and so forth, so everything’s great. The ones that I talk to on the phone have been very pleasant and helpful.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Vista Energy Marketing service is great. At first, they were charging me unlimited usage, but I wasn’t using that much of a gas on a daily basis. That plan was not necessary for me. I called Vista and I switched back to a pay-per-usage plan. My interaction with their rep was fine.

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs