It's that easy Request Information
4.26/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Vista Energy Marketing is a natural gas supplier that offers flexible and unique pricing options in order to help you find what works best for you. Vista Energy provides its services for both commercial and residential use. With low overhead and aggressive cost acquisition strategies, Vista Energy is able to find & provide the cheapest gas available. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our service!

91 Vista Energy Marketing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Vista Energy's introductory rate was the lowest that I found and so I switched to them.

Get expert buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The Vista Energy Marketing rep told me about their services and a bit of a deal. My interaction with them was good except that it took them too long to answer all the little questions and fill the papers out. I’m pretty up in age and my patience is low and I just wanna get through with it. But the process went smoothly and their cost was close to the one that I had before. So far, I’m satisfied with Vista Energy Marketing.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your feedback, Raymond. We are glad you are satisfied with Vista Energy. Thank you for your loyalty.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Vista Energy Marketing understood what I needed and wanted. The last time that I received my bill though, it was high. I just transferred to a different payment method because although we were paying, we were not using energy at all. But other than that, the quality of service that Vista provides is okay. If you use a lot of energy, I would recommend Vista Energy.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Brenda, thank you for sharing your experience with us. If there is anything we can do for you please call Vista Energy Customer Service. Thank you for your loyalty! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 16, 2018

Using Vista Energy feels like it might be working here and I told my friend that I'm saving some money with them. My bill was only $40 when it used to be $70 with Pacific Gas & Electricity. It has been very hot over here and my first bill using my central air is coming so I'll find how much I'm saving as soon as I get my bill. The only problem I have is not getting my free $50 Visa card. The reps couldn't help me 'cause I don't have the account number and I don't have anything that has an account number on it. Other than that, the rep was lovely and she wrote everything down for me on a piece of paper.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Vista Energy, Adrian. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our services and rates. Feel free to reach out to us if there are any other questions we can answer for you. Have a nice day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm in my first month with Vista Energy and so far, it's good. The reps are really nice and they do their job. They give me the information I need so I haven't had any problems with them. They've answered any questions I've had so they know their stuff. At first, I was a little hesitant but they explained everything thoroughly for me. The quality of service is awesome and the service is better overall. Everything feels the same but for that lower price, we don't have to pay an outrageous amount. I'm still paying PG&E, but it's cheaper. And that helps save a few bucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Vista Energy Marketing was about the same compared to other companies I used before. The representatives were polite and professional. The bill was easy to read. I called PG&E to double-check to see how I was being billed. It seems like it's worth the money. I'll tell others to switch to Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

We appreciate your kind words, Rosalynn. We are happy to hear you are please with the services and rates that we offer. Let us know if there is anything else we can do you in the future. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 13, 2018

Called because I was trying to activate my energy rewards and the website was not allowing it. So I called to get assistance and the man was awesome. He did it for me and then sent me verification that it got activated!

Vista Energy Marketing response

Melissa, we are pleased to hear that you have had a good experience with us. We truly appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day! - Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Vista Energy Marketing rep in the parking lot stopped me and won’t let me move so I switched to Vista. She was overly aggressive, but it was in a good way and it was interesting. She was very straightforward. She told me that I would get a discount and my bill would be lower. However, two or three weeks after I signed for it, my apartment was caught on fire. I had to cancel the account because it was inhabitable so I couldn’t live there. When I closed the account, they sent a bill in and deducted it from my deposit. And the lady told me when I called to cancel that when I move into another place or move back into that place after it was fixed, I just have to call and they would start the service because I wanted the service too. I also called and talked to somebody about a gift card and they said that I wouldn’t receive it until December. Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Vista and I would recommend them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Douglas. We strive to give our customers excellent service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Have a nice day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 12, 2018

My gas bill was too expensive which was why I decided to use another provider. Vista Energy is a little cheaper than the others. I asked the rep some questions and I was satisfied with his answers. He did a good job and I was comfortable working with him. However, at the end of the year, Vista doesn't provide me with a notice that it's time to renew. My gas bill skyrocketed and I didn't know why until I called them and found out that my year had expired. I had to renew but I should've been notified.

Original review: June 11, 2018

He was very polite and helpful on the phone. He was able to answer my questions and get me all set up to receive my giftcards. He was talking with a very clear voice and double checked to make sure I had everything figured out.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Courtney, we are glad to hear that all of your questions were answered. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Have a good day!- Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 11, 2018

I was wondering why I was being charged twice for gas so I called to speak with someone regarding this matter. Someone spoke with me. I'm going to try for 1 more month and decide after my bill should be reduced he said.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your feedback, Tatiana. Please let us know if you have any more questions. Have a nice day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 11, 2018

Your customer service representative was courteous, direct, professional and knowledgeable about my request to renew. Suggestion: your annual renewal letter quoted a rate much higher than the posted rate on the PA website which your representative explained was available only to renewal customers. She gave me a rate just about in between, which I found satisfactory, but I think it would be appropriate that renewal customers be able to secure the same rate as a new customer.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you so much for your feedback, Kenneth! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future. Have a nice day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 11, 2018

I used PG&E before and compared to them, Vista Energy is more expensive. I'm in a condo and all my stuff are electric. So my gas consumption is very low because the only thing I use it for is my water heater. Vista gave me a deal for 99 cents and now my bill is 50. However, when I was with PG&E, they charged a surcharge but usually my bill was $25. So, I called Vista over a month ago. I mentioned to them that this isn't gonna work because my bill has doubled and I'm on disability and I gotta watch my bills. The Vista rep that I talked to was very nice on the phone and she said that they were gonna take me to 59 cents and we would see how that would work out. So, I said I'm gonna give it another chance. But I already got a bill and the 59 cents was not on there. It probably takes a bit so I'm gonna be looking for that on my next statement.

At this point, Vista Energy has been totally fine and I would not have any reservations about them in the future as long as they help me get my bill right around the same rate as before. Also, if my friends ask me about the company, I would ask them how much energy they use on their gas because if they use a very small amount like I do, going with Vista is not gonna work for them unless they get a very low rate that is not 99 cents.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2018

A Vista Energy Marketing rep came to the door and I was kind of iffy. He said no strings attached and I was like, "Yeah, 'cause I've been through this", specifically, with Sparks. And he said, "Well, you won't even really notice that. If so it might be like $5 or something but you're still gonna get a PG&E bill, nothing too much." I was like "Okay, well maybe I'll try it." And then, he's like "Every three months you get a $100." I'm like, "Well, I can go towards my PG&E bill" but I haven't even heard anything back about that and I haven't noticed a change in my bill.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Samelle. Please give us a call at 888-508-4782 or email us at customerservice@vistaenergymarketing.com to resolve this issue. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 9, 2018

The quality of service offered by Vista Energy Marketing worked out well for me. Their representatives were really nice and very polite. The cost of service was also better than other natural gas companies. I would tell my friends to go to Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your kind words, Bettie. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Have a nice day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 8, 2018

Compared to other companies, Vista Energy is a lot better. I decided to use them for the price and there's a lot of difference in my bill now. It's cheaper and the service is good. My experience with the company has been very good.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Mario, we are glad to hear that you are happy with the services and rates that we offer. We truly appreciate your business. Have a great day! -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 7, 2018

I had a very nice rep from Vista Energy in my apartment building and he explained everything to me properly. He also told me about an energy gift card reward. And then, I got the service and so far my bill hasn't been outrageous. It's working all pretty well for me and so I will recommend them. I'd tell people that getting the service will bring their PG&E bill down.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We signed up with Vista Energy a few months ago but it didn't actually kick in until May 18th. We're still with PG&E and they're like our third party. And, so far, so good. We've only had one bill and it's definitely lower. It was pretty high because we left the pilot running just so we can turn on the fireplace quickly but once we turned that pilot off, that made all the difference. If they guarantee to save you money on your PG & E, then go for it. However, we were supposed to get some type of gift card but it still hasn't come. It led me to think that the person who had me sign up was only working for their own benefit.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Jewl, thanks for reaching out to us. The Vista Energy Gift Card Program provides our customer with (4) $25 gift cards, starting at 3 months after you begin flowing with Vista Energy and are in good standing with the utility. You will be notified by mail from Customer Motivators. Please let us know if you have any additional questions by calling 888-508-4782. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 4, 2018

Mr. ** help me to understand how the reward card worked. At first when trying to use the reward card reward card was being rejected. Finally talked with Mr. ** who assured me that the reward card was activated and ready for use. He even called the company that issued the card and spoke with someone who also spoke with me to assure my reward card was ready for use. I appreciate Mr. ** for going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was satisfied. Kudos to Mr. Chris **.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hello Cynthia, we are so glad to hear that a representative was able to help and answer all of your questions. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Have a nice day! -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: June 4, 2018

Vista came to our door and knocked. They told me what they could do and said it would save me money. So, I went with them. But so far, I haven't seen a whole lot of change. Other than that, they've been okay and when I had some questions, they answered me to my satisfaction.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Very helpful and informative Excellent customer service rep. She was able to answer my questions with details in her response. I felt as though I was in good hands. She listened to my concerns and made me feel like they will be addressed.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Rasaan, we are so glad to hear that you had a good experience with our customer service representative. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Have a nice day! -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 31, 2018

I called today to activate my gift card. The woman answer and she answer my question and Response was very professional. She even help me over the phone on my gift card. I would highly recommend Vista Energy to my friends and family.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your kind words Maria! Let us know if there anything else we can do for you in the future. Have a good day. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 31, 2018

I was very upset with Just Energy. I was upset with the person that sign me up. It was rather underhanded and when I got my bill I was so frustrated to have a $30 bill when I'm sure I only used $3 or so worth of propane. But the person that helped me Stephanie she was very patient. She heard my whole story and she switched me to 59 cents per therm plan.. We shall see how it goes.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Kiana, we are so glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 30, 2018

Joesph was very helpful on this call. I had many questions and he successfully answered all of them. I understand why my bill was so high and changed the plan based on the fact that we do not use as much gas as a larger household. He was very nice when he spoke to me and it felt like he was educating me and never felt like he was annoyed at my questions or while waiting for me to review my bill to ask more questions. Overall enjoyable customer service experience, which is not an easy thing to do. I hope that the new plan is beneficial so we can continue to receive gas from you.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your feedback, Delia! We are glad you had a good experience. We always strive to give our customer excellent and timely service. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 30, 2018

I shopped from my records and Vista Energy was the lowest I could find. They seem to be calling me a lot to check on me, which you don’t see a lot, so they've been good so far. I just received my first bill and it's a little bit lower than my last bill.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Terrill! We are so glad to hear you are satisfied with Vista. Have a good day!- Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 27, 2018

Since I couldn't do through your web page, I called and the lady answered my questions in a very appropriate manner. She was very kind and helpful. The things that I couldn't do, she did it for me. I have a question, why do you charge a monthly fee of $5.95?

Vista Energy Marketing response

Myriam, thank you for contacting Vista Energy. This fee is for operating fees that includes Risk and Volatility. The cost also includes maintaining your bill, customer service, and other account maintenance functions. Please let us know if you have any further questions. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 27, 2018

We just signed up with Vista Energy online. I just looked up the current energy provider that was inexpensive in the area and they were it.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for choosing Vista, Karen! We truly appreciate your business.- Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 26, 2018

We use the PA Energy website to find the best deals and we choose companies that don't have fees or fines when you end your contract early. We change our provider every three months because they offer a very good initial charge for three months but after that period, their prices go sky high. We've been doing that for the last few years and so far it has worked out pretty good.

None of the companies that we've dealt with had been dishonest and they always provided what they said they were going to provide. We also find really good prices, so switching companies has been worth it. Otherwise, we'd be paying a couple of cents more per kilowatt hour and there's no need to do that. We're with Vista Energy right now and it was very easy to make the switch. I called them up, told them that we wanted to sign up, and they worked with PPL, our service provider. Our experience with Vista Energy has been good and as long as they provide the price that they offer, we're totally satisfied with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us Richard. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the services and rates we offer. We truly appreciate your business. Have a great day! -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 25, 2018

Representative was polite and spoke clearly. Representative worked to solve my issue. Representative was able to look into my account and verify where the issue was. The reason for my call today was regarding a gift card that was mentioned in my welcome letter, however, the gift card was not included which really did not make sense.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for contacting us concerning the Vista Energy Gift Card Program. This program provides our customer with (4) $25 gift cards, starting at 3 months after you begin flowing with Vista Energy and are in good standing with the utility. You will be notified by mail from Customer Motivators. Please let us know if you have any additional questions by calling 888-508-4782. -Vista Energy Marketing

Original review: May 25, 2018

Katherine was very prompt in calling me back and taking care of my issue. Vista Energy has amazing customer service and great staff. They treat you right and do all they can to help out. I highly recommend using their services.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for your kind words Brandi. We truly appreciate your business. Have a great day! -Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy Marketing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vista Energy provides residential and commercial service in deregulated states across the United States. They have access to wholesale markets, which means they can offer competitive prices on gas and electricity to their customers.

• Residential service: Vista Energy offers residential service in the states of California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.

• Commercial service: Vista Energy offers commercial service in the states of Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

• View customized plans: Select your state from the drop-down list on Vista Energy’s website to view customized rates for your service area.

• Wholesale relationships: Vista Energy has unique relationships with wholesale markets, which means they can offer lower prices on natural gas and energy to customers in their service area.

• Customer service hours: Call Vista Energy Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm CST. You can also email them your questions.

• Best for: residents and small businesses in one of Vista Energy’s service areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs