Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5
Get a Quote

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

BOTTOM LINE

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

PROS

• Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime

CONS

• Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Top Vista Energy Marketing Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Chris provided great customer service and was friendly. He was patient with questions and explained the pricing clearly. He quoted good fixed prices and was easy to work with. I would definitely work with him again. I would recommend Chris to anyone.

After mistakenly signing up with another company before my contract ended, I canceled them and returned to Vista. Chris was very personable and professional and was excellent with his customer service support!!! He was also diligent about making sure my review was submitted…

Vista Energy Marketing Call Now Toll Free (800) 358-5450 Learn More Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

What is Vista Energy?

Vista Energy is a third-party company authorized by government-regulated utility companies like PG&E to sell and distribute electricity and natural gas directly to customers. If you’re in a residential area in California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania or Wyoming, you can have Vista Energy purchase your natural gas or electricity for you and distribute it to your local utility company’s pipeline network.

Vista Energy also provides commercial services in these nine states and in Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

How does Vista Energy work?

Vista Energy is considered a Core Transparent Agent, meaning it’s a deregulated energy provider that (ideally) lets you save money on your utility costs while still receiving service from your local regulated utility company. When you choose to enroll with a CTA such as Vista Energy, you pay the price established by the CTA rather than market price.

Vista Energy rates

Vista Energy’s rate plans vary by service area. While many find Vista Energy’s base rate comparable to local utility company rates, you may incur some unexpected costs like administrative fees. It’s important to read Vista Energy’s contracts carefully and review the welcome letter, which specifies administrative or miscellaneous charges. Contact customer service to address any questions.

Vista Energy FAQ

Is Vista part of PG&E, NICOR, Black Hills Energy, or other regulated utility suppliers?
Vista Energy isn’t affiliated with any other company. However, it has completed the certification process for all regulated energy companies and corporations and has been approved to participate in their programs as a third-party supplier of natural gas. Vista Energy’s standards of conduct and marketing practices are regulated by the states’ public utilities commissions.
Where is Vista available?
Vista Energy is available in certain residential ZIP codes throughout California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wyoming. Its commercial services are offered in these nine states and in Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. As of February 2020, Vista Energy began one- and two-year natural gas plans for agricultural customers in Nebraska.
Where is Vista located?
Vista’s corporate office is located in Houston, Texas.
Who owns Vista?
Vista Energy is properly known as Vista Energy Marketing, LP, and it operates as its own institution.

Is Vista Energy worth it?

Vista Energy is sometimes more affordable than regulated utility companies, depending on the fluctuating market rate, and it offers the predictability of a fixed rate for the duration of enrollment. If you live in its service area, are budget conscious and follow the market price of natural gas — and therefore can be vigilant in avoiding additional fees — you might want to consider Vista Energy as an alternative gas supplier.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

They came to my door and were offering the service. I listened to what they had to say and it sounded like a good idea. It was gonna lower my gas bill by almost 75% and it did. I just renewed the service last week. I called them and gave them my name and address. They looked at my account then said I'm good to go for the next year. They also lowered my rate. My thermal unit rate went from was 60 cents to 44 cents. Before I had this, with regular PG&E, I was paying almost $175 per unit. My gas bill in the wintertime used to be almost $300 because I put the heater on. Now it's $130 at the most. I get a statement on my PG&E bill that has Vista at the very bottom and it shows how much I pay them. Vista has been really good. I have recommended it to many people at work and a lot of people have called and said, "You're right. It lowered my gas bill dramatically." They've all told me nothing but good things about them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Get buying tips about Pennsylvania Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

A Vista Energy rep came to my door and I was kind of swept in and signed up for it before I really knew what else happened. The guy was really slick and seemed very trustworthy. He just gave me a quick spiel. He had a quick look at my power bill and then he was out the door. So, it was probably a little scattered. I actually had some reservations after he left. It all happened so fast that I was afraid that I might have let myself be victimized by a scam. Once I've signed up, I continue to get my gas from the local provider, PG&E, and PG&E handles the billing for them. There was one follow-up with Vista not too long ago where I came across the paperwork and saw there were some rewards cards that I was supposed to sign up for. I received those and they were quite pleasant about that. So, that was actually one of the first times I was able to reassure myself that they were legit.

The rep said that I should save money with Vista. But in the time since I signed up with them, my utility bills had gone up but it was mostly because of electricity. If I had two minutes to rub together, I’d really like to do a comparison to see what I was actually paying for my gas compared to what I would have paid had I not signed up for them. But I'm not quite sure where I can find that information.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: July 31, 2020

So happy that your agent helped me to lower our gas rate per therm and had renewed our contract with the new rate for a year. We didn’t receive any letter or any correspondence stating that we need to renew our contract every year to secure the cheapest rate per therm. We’ve been paying a higher rate after the first year unbeknown to us that we need to call every year and renew.

Thanks to Angela **. Also thank you to Ioomas ** agent ID#** who was in residential area and had he not talked to us about Vista and more explanation about the services it offers to save money on gas, my husband and I told him that we’re planning to cancel our service because we’re not saving paying per therm according to our PG&E (Vista). He then explained that we need to call every year to renew which we didn’t know and ask for the latest lower rate per therm that the office can offer us. We learned a lot from him. You need more agents like Angela and Ioomas who are customer friendly and knowledgeable.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I accidentally signed me up with Vista. They always come into the door and so one time, when somebody came, I did not even know what I was doing. They talk so fast, and I’m old and I didn’t even understand what it meant on the bill, what was high and what was low. This past winter, my bill seemed like it went up higher and pretty much stayed the same for a while. My nephew is looking into it now because there’s just me here, and they have four people in their household and my bill is almost as high as theirs. My contract is going to be up some time in March and he wants to check at that point before it needs to be cancelled, to see what I should do. If I should keep it with Vista or change and go to another company. He is going to check in to see if we can get a better price.

On my overall electricity bill that is on AEP plus Vista altogether, I can still get a budget so that makes things a lot better for me. I paid the same amount each time. The budget would keep me so at the end of the year, I wouldn’t have a big, gigantic payment to make and level it out over the whole year. It helps somebody that is on a fixed income. I have been pleased with Vista.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. We did receive a call from your nephew about your rewards and will be available to you in March

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Vista Energy marketing came to my door offering a deal on my gas prices. I live in Chico California and that time, we just watched the town of Paradise burn down and so everybody was really concerned about their gas and power. I thought it might be safe to switch to Vista to see how it worked. The rep was very polite and professional. Signing up with them was very easy. He asked me questions and helped me fill out the paperwork. I then spoke to somebody on the phone to confirm everything and I was done.

So far, my deal with them has saved me quite a bit of money. But, it's helpful for them to remind their customers that in the wintertime, gas prices skyrocket. They should also remind customers that if we pay our bill every three months or so or in full, we get a gift card. It also would help if Vista reminds customers that we could get money back from signing up for their program. Even so, I like that when I call them, I get a live representative. Before with PG&E, when I call I get an automated representative. It's a lot better to have someone to speak to when I have questions. Vista is better than PG&E.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Once the year was expired, it went up to a higher rate and somebody else said I got to call Vista and renew the rate. I had to find out secondhand that I had to renew my rate so it wouldn't be so high and I didn't care for that. But other than that, it's been fine.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Vista Energy gives me a good rate and they're not always trying to force me into a new contract by constantly calling. Since I can live with the rate they gave me, I kept it. I have constant electricity and it's inside my budget.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Vista's rate is very competitive. My only complaint about them is that it wasn't clear to me that the year-to-year arrangement we're doing with them was a year-to-year until I called. I can do all my bills online so I don't always notice changes. There was a big increase in what we were paying because it defaulted to a very high rate. I called Vista and discovered that I have to call year to year to sign up again in which case the rate is extremely competitive. But, if I miss that date, I start paying quite a bit. Other than that, the people I've talked to there have been super helpful. If I know to ask them when my plan is gonna expire, they tell me. They didn't make it hard to get on another plan.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The service is good but sometimes I'm confused about the total. The monthly bill is much higher too. I didn't pay attention until like a couple of months.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. Please call customer service if you have any questions. 888-508-4782

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

With Vista Energy, I could have my light and my gas from the same company than to have two different companies. I've been with them going on a year and they're reliable. I had questions and the rep answered them with no problem. My bill had gone down too. It's gone back up again but that's because I'm using my heat now. The light bill went up because of the Christmas lights. I have to see when my contract is up in April on what's their rates are going to be. If they are gonna be any higher, I would go to a different company.

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information