4.6/5 (90 ratings)

About Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

Pros

• Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime

Cons

• Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Bottom Line

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: May 26, 2022

Kathleen ** was very helpful by waiving the exit fee. She was very pleasant and easy to talk with. She was pleased to be of service and it showed in her voice. I hope that she is rewarded for her good service.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I've been a customer over a year and I haven't received my gift card. The operator help me activate card and now I'm waiting for a card. She was professional and quick. She also explained to me what I need to do and has taken care of the issue.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I was nervous about the way I was signed up and wanted to cancel before anything was charged. She was nice and helpful. The interaction has made me decide to do more research and potentially use Vista in the future if I think it is a good fit.

Original review: May 20, 2022

While the cancellation process was painless and easy with Tiellie (cancellation code **). I was dissatisfied with the lack of information from the door to door sales rep, I feel I wasn’t given the proper information for an informed decision.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Susana helped me understand my gas bill immensely. I was going to cancel, but with her help I didn’t understand that I was not being overcharged, but that those charges are actually less of what Pg&e would be charging me.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Tiellie provided excellent service when I asked to can my service and above and beyond service getting my service reinstalled! I was afraid I couldn't have the service reinstalled but Tiellie assured me that she could! She made my experience pleasant and I definitely would refer people to Vista Energy! Thank you Tiellie!!!

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Chris did an awesome job of checking back with me to ensure that my order was placed correctly. He kindly responded and listened to my complaints about a different supplier and reassured me that the past issues will not occur with this supplier.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you so much for the good rating.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Thank you Chris for helping me activate my Vista Energy gift card. You made communicating with Vista Energy easy. I appreciate you explaining just how the gift card program works. I look forward to a long term relationship with Vista Energy.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Chris was professional, kind and informative as well as helpful. He gave me one quote per therm but after gathering my information, he found a less expensive price per therm for 12 months. I wanted 24. However, he said it wasn’t available.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Investigating the possibility of changing from PG&E natural gas to a third-party provider. Your company came up as a good source so I did an inquiry. The staff member was very patient and helpful clearing up my questions so that I can make a sound decision. I thank them for their patience with me and asking all my questions. It looks like I will be contacting you later to do service.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Easy to work with. Able to resolve my issue. Was able to cancel the issue and was very pleased with the outcome. Able to provide help on the first call and very polite. Also received information if I would able to reinstall Vista in the near future.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Pleasant experience over the phone locking in our gas choice rates for the coming year. Susana ** was very friendly. She was fast and efficient completing my selections. I would recommend Susana and Vista to do business with. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Susana was very helpful in assisting me with questions I had about the 2022 Nebraska choice gas supplier. Very polite, very professional, and very respectful. I wish all of my phone calls could be as professional and enjoyable as the one I had with her this morning.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the good rating.

Original review: April 5, 2022

The representative was courteous and said she would order a cancellation. I see an email confirming the cancellation. There is nothing more to say; I have not had any problems with Vista Energy. I have had this account for many years and have not had to communicate before now. I have no idea is this option is economical related to the monthly charge for natural gas.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I had a wonderful experience with Vista Energy. The gentleman that came to my door kind of got me over the top. He was a little persistent. Overall, Vista is doing fine.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 28, 2022

The lady who assisted was very courteous and helpful. She explained my current bill and offered a lower amount. She also informed me of my options and when I said I still wanted to cancel she was gracious and did as I asked. I appreciate great service like that!

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Susana did great! She helped me with all that I needed and was very friendly. Usually, when I call different companies' customer service lines, I am kept waiting for long periods of time and that was not the case with this one. Very fast and efficient!

Original review: March 25, 2022

Susana's customer service was great. She was quick and efficient. She was very helpful with canceling my account. She offered me a different plan but I wanted to stick with PGE for a bit. Thank you for all your help!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I don't like the way Vista Energy is structured because you sign up for 12 months, then they put you on their highest possible then you have to call to figure out something else. It's also difficult for me to navigate their portal. They should make the account more accessible online and have more information on their website for consumers.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear Doreen, I am sorry to hear about your experience. An account specialist will contact you to further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I had called to ask if there was a final catch up bill at the end of the two years and Chris was able to confirm that there was not and it would be just like my current bill with Wyoming Community Gas if I switch. He then emailed me the terms and services.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Chris was very understanding and helpful. I could not login to activate my reward gift card since my activation code(s) came to me in letter form thru the mail and not emailed. Chris offered to activate the gift cards for me which I appreciated very much. He also asked me if I would like the confirmation receipt to show the activations went thru. Chris was very friendly while helping me.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Chris was very professional and helpful with my billing issue. He was very thorough with the details. He followed up with me several times until the matter was fully resolved. He was great and I appreciated the genuine care and concern he expressed.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you so much for the good rating.

Original review: March 15, 2022

One of their people came to my door and told me about how everything works with them. The rep was a little pushy but when I called and talked to them, the person I talked to seemed pretty nice. It was smooth sailing until I was unsatisfied with them for not contacting me about my contract being up and my rate doubling. I ended up paying almost $1,000 more than I should have on my electricity. I canceled with them.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear customer, I see that you have an active gas account with Vista Energy. On February 15, 2022 a customer service agent assisted you and offered you a 12 month fixed rate per therm. Vista Energy is not supplying you with the electricity. Should you need further assistance, please contact customer service at 1-888-508-4782 Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm CST. Thank you.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I wasn't too happy a little while ago with Vista Energy because the prices went up and I didn't know I was supposed to call every year. I called recently because of the last few bills. I'm waiting for this bill to see if I want to cancel them or not.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. I see that Customer Service assisted you and offered you a competitive fixed rate per therm for the next 12 months. Should you need further assistance, please contact customer service at 1-888-508-4782 Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm CST.

Original review: March 11, 2022

The receptionist was very professional and polite! She answered all my questions. She didn't try to push a sale but explained the options which is a plus. Too many times companies try to push sales which sometimes drives customers away, but not her. Thank you.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Setting up with them was pretty simple. Everything happened right there at our front door. COVID precautions were taken. It took 10 minutes.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I had called prior but connection was lost. Thought the representative on prior call would call me back, as she asked for my phone number, but she did not call. I had to call again to be assured that my wishes and plan changes had actually taken place.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: March 2, 2022

It would have been nice if they'd actually let me know that my rate could be lowered or just let me know that they were lowering my rate without me taking an active approach towards it to see if I could get it lowered.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating. Please contact Vista Energy's customer service at 1-888-508-4782 in January 2023 to renew your plan.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Vista came up to the door and said it would be $30 a month. However, they could explain a little better about PG&E still charging. It's not just gonna be $30 a month straight down. There are other charges that will still be on there. Other than that, we still decided to try it and it seems like it helped.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The Vista rep was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information