Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

About Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime
Cons
  • Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

Stars Rating

• 80%
  • 13%
  • 2%
  • 0%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Reviewed April 12, 2023

I sent in an email to see if you would beat or match a price on a Friday afternoon and Chris responded first thing in the morning on Monday! When I called to confirm and choose your company Chris recognized my name and said he was going to call me today! Awesome customer service skills!

Reviewed April 12, 2023

Kathy knew what to say and was very polite. Kathy gave me the prices and my confirmation number. I hope Kathy gets a big raise and gets promoted. She was excellent and deserves it. I'll make sure to use Vista Energy market always.

Reviewed April 10, 2023

Kathy was extremely kind and helpful to get me the service I was wanting for my 2023 gas choice. Vista is, and has been great for us the last couple of years. I hope every Customer representative is as great as Kathy.

Reviewed April 5, 2023

Representative Kathy was super helpful and got what I needed! She needs a promotion if you ask me. She was fast and thorough and made sure I also received the confirmation email on my end. Appreciate her help. What else do you need when you have a employee who is cheerful and nice to their customers.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

Kathy was very helpful, respectful, and friendly. She explained all about my plan and why my bill was increasing and helped me to change my plan to a better rate. She also advice me to call I a year to update update my plan.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

I had some questions concerning energy plans and the agent that assisted me was Katherine who was very helpful. She answered every question and explained everything so well. Very kind and great assistance. I am content and understand the answers I received.

Reviewed March 20, 2023

Cancel-Misunderstood the service; learning disability; I was under the impression that I was renewing my CARE service with PG& E. Customer service representative-understanding, and listening to the customer thank you for your help. It was not my intention to sign with a third party.

Reviewed March 17, 2023

Call to see why my Vista rate was higher than my normal Pacific Gas electric rate. Was informed that because I didn't call after a year that it went to a variable rate. Omar assisted me in getting back to a fix rate and he did a great job in explaining.

Reviewed March 17, 2023

I had texted to find out if my service had started and the person texting me knew everything I needed to know! After dealing with my phone service for the past 4 months and dealing with new owners of my apartment this experience was rather refreshing!!

Price

Reviewed March 1, 2023

I was helping my aunt shop for electric rates and came across Vista Energy. Their prices are competitive with the other suppliers around my area. Pricing has been going up and they explained to me that I can lock in a price with them.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

Needed a code for inactive request and delivered code. Good customer service that can be communicated when need a request. Called and greeted with a positive attitude and overall positive experience. I needed self assurance that my request was processed and the representative explained that everything was done correctly not skipping any steps.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2023

Vista Energy Marketing raised the rates without telling me they were going to. So before I could cancel, they had charged me two months at the higher rate. That two months took away all the money that they had saved me previously, and it cost me an additional $193.70. So all total, Vista Energy cost me $193.70 and a lot of time figuring all this stuff out, keeping track of what they were doing. They promised me they were gonna save me money, and it cost me more money to go with them than if they would've never knocked on my door.
    Pinned

Dear Ronald, thank you for contacting Vista Energy. Your account was on a 12-month fixed rate plan, and after the initial fixed rate expired your plan renewed on a variable price plan, as described in your contract documents. Since you did not call into our call center to select a new plan when your fixed rate plan expired, your account remained with Vista Energy on a variable rate plan at a time when gas market rates spiked in the State of California in December and January. Should you need further assistance, please contact our customer service department at 1-888-508-4782 Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm CST.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2023

The service we received today from Katherine was exceptional. She immediately gave my wife recommendations and helped her make the best decision for our home. She explained the options available, reviewed our previous usage and allowed my wife to make her own discussion on what would be the best way to reduce our energy bill. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2023

A gentleman came to my apartment door and schmoozed me into changing energy companies to Vista. Promised me I’d save money. Just received my first bill and it doubled. My 1 bedroom apartment bill went from $60.00 to $120.00. Shame on them!!!!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

Chris pointed out that I've been late on paying and the current bill has one month past due. I'm making sure I pay my bill on time in the future. I also checked on the program that will be available to me next month.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2023

I just call this morning and had questions about my and the person that answer me it was Katherine **, she is very knowledgeable and explain everything and answer all my questions. I'm glad I talk to her. Awesome customer services of her. People can learn from her.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2023

My gas bill is regularly low in the summer months and it starts to go up in the winter. I called customer service and was told my plan was coming to an end so I renewed for another term. Good customer service. I'll put it on my calendar to call next year.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2022

I called Vista customer service to compare my electric and natural gas rates. I ended up canceling the electric since I found a better price but I decided to keep my gas account for another 12 months at a fixed rate per term.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2022

The representative was very polite. She answered all my questions and explained everything thoroughly that I asked her. Since COVID it's hard to find polite and caring people at any business that take time to explain things and that are polite. I wasn't on hold forever either. I was very pleased with Tiellie. She's friendly, polite and our conversation wasn't rushed and I wasn't on hold very long.

Thank you for the good rating.

Profile pic of the author.
    PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2022

I don't know HOW THE HELL this company is still functioning. They run on LIES AND MANIPULATION. If I could shut the company down with a phone call I would. SHAMEFUL AND DISHONEST TACTICS. Truly truly disgusting. I've made sure to blast them across as many platforms as I possibly can because I'm SO disgusted by how blatantly and confidently they lied to multiple multiple multiple people on my property, INCLUDING ME. I'm SO THANKFUL my boyfriend thought it was shady.

The kind of bad business and awful behavior that brings on bad karma. Truly believe your company won't survive this way. VERY CLEAR THEY STILL TRAIN PEOPLE TO LIE. The ** responses to honest and angry reviews like mine about their tactics, saying and I quote that they are "unacceptable" is total **. They are clearly continuing to train people to lie and swindle. DISGUSTING SHAMEFUL COMPANY. STAY FAR AWAY.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2022

I had outstanding guidance and assistance with all the representatives during my solar installation and paperwork. The emails and other forms of communication were clear and understandable with contact numbers provided for any additional information. I would highly recommend this company for your solar needs.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2022

My experience with Tiellie was enjoyable. She canceled my service with no issues while being absolutely pleasant during the entire experience. It was quick and painless experience. I spoke with a person almost right away without having to go through endless automated prompts.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2022

Customer Service associate Chris helped me renew another 12 mos agreement for natural gas service via PGE. Chris was very helpful, courteous, professional and patient during our conversation. He also informed that I could periodically check back should rates drop for a rate adjustment. Thank you

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2022

I felt customer service was great as they were understanding about my concerns regarding my current bill and give me options. I am also glad to know, I can cancel at anytime their services without paying an extra fee and I can call them back if I want to be enroll at their services.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

I was currently on a fixed usage plan. Katherine explained my options. She provided information about a plan to pay for only the amount of gas I used. This plan combined with the utility delivery fee still exceeded my original gas purchase price. I appreciated the information. She then proceeded to cancel my service. She thanked me for being a Vista Energy customer.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2022

After enrolling and reviewing the information and the details about the plan I changed my mind and decided to call to cancel my account. The price is competitive to what I am paying now. Customer service was helpful in assisting me when I called.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

Rep. was great help in canceling my service. She was articulate and very knew how to go about canceling my service. I called in to cancel my service and she was prompt and attentive to get my service cancelled. Cancelling my service was quick and easy thru going thru this rep.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

My experience speaking with the customer service representative was very pleasant, efficient and helpful. She was helpful and pleasant. I can't say enough about her excellent skills and customer service. Totally excellent. Couldn't be better. Great experience. Loved it. Very happy.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2022

Our family decided we no longer want to enrolled with Vista Energy. I called to cancel and Tiellie was very kind and extremely helpful in helping me assisting me. It was a great experience speaking with her. I really appreciated her assistance. Thank you!

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2022

Great. Went over billing in details, told me what I needed to know. Give him a good Christmas bonus. Help me with my questions. Told me what I needed to know. Very kind man. Very nice phone manners. Thank you

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2022

Kathy was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. She assisted me efficiently and professionally. She completed my request easily. I would recommend Kathy to assist my family and friends. Thank you.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

Called to ask what I’m paying for gas. He broke it down for me and offered me another option so I could see how much I might be paying with the second option - suggested I wait until next year which I found very helpful even though I’m not happy paying so much for gas.

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2022

The representative that I had today I believe his name was Omar. He was very knowledgeable, provided clear precise information. He was very personable and patient. His description of different plans was just what I needed and help me to make a decision. He provided the customer service that all businesses should provide. If it were available I’d give him a 100% rating for excellence. Such a pleasure to work with him. I would recommend that anyone should receive their services from him.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

A door-to-door salesperson signed me up for the service saying it would lower the energy bill. However, when I reviewed the contract and my current bill I realized that was not accurate. I called the next day to cancel service, and the customer service agent on the phone was very helpful during that process. I appreciated the help they provided when I chose not to use the service.

StaffProcess

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2022

Chris was very respectful, Professional and helpful. Unfortunately I had to cancel my service but he made the process smooth and quick. He answered all my questions and informed me on all the information I needed. Thank you Chris for your assistance.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

I spoke with Omar today. He was so helpful. The need to cancel my plan was straight forward with him. He understood why, it was quick, and seemed effortless.

Thank you Omar. Your customer service is amazing. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

He was very attentive and well informative, had an easy call, no problems at all, very good representative, Omar was being polite and let me speak when I needed to, he wasn't impatient as others usually sound like they are.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

Gas procurement for PG&e. The man that was on the phone with me helped me very well. Explained everything to me. I'm an older fellow and he made sense to me. Best program. Will help me greatly. Thank you very much.

Customer ServiceProcess

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2022

Surprised at a follow up call but was a good thing and much appreciated. Although this process has taken much longer than expected, I am glad it is able to be resolved and that a manager cared to follow up.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2022

The agent that assisted me was easy to work with. He understood my request and was able to resolve my issue. Was able to cancel the account with Vista so I can go back to my local utility. I was very pleased with the outcome.