4.6/5 (91 ratings)

About Vista Energy Marketing

Vista Energy is a gas supplier that offers both residential and commercial utility services in select states across the nation. The company offers its services for a predictable monthly rate, rather than a traditional fluctuating rate. It’s free both to sign up for and to cancel a Vista Energy account.

Pros

• Predictable rate
  • No enrollment or cancellation fees
  • Can cancel anytime

Cons

• Could be locked into a higher rate
  • Unexpected fees

Bottom Line

Vista Energy is a third-party gas and electricity supplier. If you’re in its service area, enrollment could help you save on utility expenses; however, you could face unexpected fees or get locked into a rate higher than expected.

Vista Energy Marketing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vista Energy Marketing?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

A door-to-door salesperson signed me up for the service saying it would lower the energy bill. However, when I reviewed the contract and my current bill I realized that was not accurate. I called the next day to cancel service, and the customer service agent on the phone was very helpful during that process. I appreciated the help they provided when I chose not to use the service.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Chris was very respectful, Professional and helpful. Unfortunately I had to cancel my service but he made the process smooth and quick. He answered all my questions and informed me on all the information I needed. Thank you Chris for your assistance.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I spoke with Omar today. He was so helpful. The need to cancel my plan was straight forward with him. He understood why, it was quick, and seemed effortless.

Thank you Omar. Your customer service is amazing. Have a wonderful day.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

He was very attentive and well informative, had an easy call, no problems at all, very good representative, Omar was being polite and let me speak when I needed to, he wasn't impatient as others usually sound like they are.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Gas procurement for PG&e. The man that was on the phone with me helped me very well. Explained everything to me. I'm an older fellow and he made sense to me. Best program. Will help me greatly. Thank you very much.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Surprised at a follow up call but was a good thing and much appreciated. Although this process has taken much longer than expected, I am glad it is able to be resolved and that a manager cared to follow up.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The agent that assisted me was easy to work with. He understood my request and was able to resolve my issue. Was able to cancel the account with Vista so I can go back to my local utility. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I wanted to cancel the service with Vista. Some representative came to my door and did not clarify exactly what the service provided was for and had me enroll, without receiving informed consent. The rate vista charges is higher than my normal rate.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Tiellie was very helpful, knowledgeable, and informative. She was able to pull up my entire Pacific gas and electric power bill. She was able to explain in detail how the billing Worked, and your cost versus going directly through Pacific gas and electric. Well your price doesn’t work at this time for my usage level, I would consider using you again because of this outstanding informed employee.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

After initial contact about Vista Energy gift card, Chris made several follow ups to communicate progress and make sure I got the gift card. He was very patient and clear with his communication. Very helpful! Thanks a lot Chris! -Yan

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I had noticed my cost for natural gas had gone up a couple of months ago, and wondered why. I called in, and Katherine explained that I had been notified in 2019 that my contract was expiring. She did not explain why I was notified three years ago, but my costs went up much later, but offered me a decent rate, so I took it.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Kathy was very polite, patient and helpful. I called to have her explain my first statement I received after switching to Vista from PG&E and after that, she told me about the different other programs your company offers and how they work. I was very nicely surprised to see how helpful Kathy was.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Kathy was very friendly and polite. She informed me that I was entitled to a $25 gift card and activated my account for this reward. She asked if I needed help with anything else and ended the conversation with have a nice day and thank you.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: July 29, 2022

She was gorgeous and did an excellent job. She was so respectful so I want to thank you to Katherine **. I got everything resolved. If every time I’ll call you guys I’ll love for Katherine ** to answer my questions. Thank you, god blessed.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Field employees missed represented themselves. They were an affiliate of Comed and/or gas co. and/or prior services co. because our prior alderman was supposed to have band such solicitation in in my ward. I mentioned to these 2 employees if you are not connected to comed & gas co. I would canceled out.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I had a good sincere conversation with Tiellie who took her time listening to me of my decision to go back with NIPSCO. With her patience, compassion, and understanding she really deserved a raise. She was very professional. I sincerely thank her wholeheartedly.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Thank you for the rating.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Great customer service and helped me through a process with a customer that had multiple enrollments! Quick responses and very friendly, that's the type of customer service that everyone should hold their standards to. Definitely would like to deal with Chris again. Great rep!

Original review: July 22, 2022

The lady I spoke to, If I remember correctly Tiellie was her name. She was very helpful. I really dislike speaking to service providers reps, but speaking to her was a pleasant experience. Wish all reps was this kind. Thanks.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: July 21, 2022

This company does not deserve a star not even to say that it is bad. I cancel this company 2x in the pass, they don't even have any info about that. I cancel again, and the person helping me laughed at me. They said they still charging me one more time because the bill cycle was already done, but to me it does not matter, because they could say that about any day. I had it this company is not good, and no one should use it.

Vista Energy Marketing response

Dear Marcia, thank you for sharing your experience. We received one cancellation request since the account was active with Vista Energy. I see that you called in the middle of the billing cycle to cancel the account. Vista Energy submitted the cancellation on June 9, 2022, per your request, and we are no longer the gas supplier as of June 21, 2022. I listened to the call, and the customer service agent did not laugh at any point during the conversation. An account manager will reach out to you to assist you.

Original review: July 20, 2022

The Representative was Very helpful with getting better rate. It was a quick and easy process. Wait time to speak to a representative was very short which was definitely a plus. Thank you for helping out and giving a better rate during these very tough times.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Susana was courteous and said she could help me with the cancellation of my services with Vista Energy. I received an email confirming the cancellation. I appreciate all your help! I'm sure you are a great addition to this company! Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Did a good job. Got straight to the point and resolved my issue quickly. Would recommend to friends. Thanks a lot, Tiellie! Give her a raise. Like she seriously did a really good job. Hope to talk to you again.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Susana helped me cancel my account. She was very helpful and understanding. She made sure I understood all my charges and the options available to me. I definitely appreciate all the help during our interaction.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Never received my three months bonus. Called and had it re-shipped. Contact was very helpful. Also had my electric service plan changed. I felt that the one dollar a day was causing me to pay more for my electric service than I ever paid when I was with American Electric Power Company. Your awards after three, nine and fifteen months are not worth the dollar per day fees.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I called about my rewards that I had never received, it was my fault for the mistake. Katherine said it was not a problem and said that it would be taken care of the next day. This is the kind of customer service all companies should follow. I have told my neighbor about Vista, that she should look into them for herself.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Chris was very helpful. He was able to solve my situation very quickly and better explain the contract that I signed for. He was friendly and nice towards me and I have no negative things to say about his service.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Katherine was very helpful, positive, and pleasant to speak with. The overall customer service experience was outstanding. Thank you Katherine for all your help! I wish all customer service representatives were as positive and helpful like her. Thanks again Katherine.

Thank you for the good rating.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Susana did great on explaining my plan. I had initially called to cancel my services. As she explained the plan I was in, I realized that I was actually saving money rather than paying more. I really appreciate her explaining all the information thoroughly to make sure I made the right decision for me. Thank you Susana!

Original review: May 31, 2022

Thank you Susana for a great experience with you. Great customer service and she really helped me understand more about my account. She is patient, very informative and made sure she checked what she needed to answer my questions. Mary

Original review: May 31, 2022

Susana helped me understand my plan. She made sure that I understood everything thoroughly. After explaining the benefit and savings, I decided to stay with Vista Energy. I realized I was saving more with them. Thanks, Vista Energy!

Vista Energy Marketing Company Information