toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Tracie,

Thank you very much for the positive review. We are glad to hear that you are experiencing the benefits of a fixed rate with Santanna, especially in these cold winter months!

Sincerley,

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I used Consumers Energy before and their price was going through the roof. If I was still with them, I would still be paying my winter bill when winter hit. But when I started using Santanna, I got a fixed rate so my bills were paid every month and I wasn't behind at wintertime because I got a good and reasonable rate with them. It's worked out for me so I've stuck with them ever since because of that. Also, their customer service people are great. Everybody's wonderful there and have always been very helpful. Santanna is a darn good company and I have recommended them to all my family and friends. They're out to help the people which I don't think Consumers Energy is.

Mary,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you're satisfied with our natural gas services and are considering our electric services as well!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

My contract with my previous distributor was expiring and I noticed that Santanna's rate was lower. It was very easy enrolling with them and I did it over the phone. I went with them for gas and I was extremely happy with that choice. When my electric contract expires, I will be considering Santanna too because I'm not really pleased with the way the company I'm with does business. I have nothing in writing with them. With Santanna, they send me a copy of the contract and the dates so I have something to keep track of and I appreciate that.

I had a question one time because about a week or two after I enrolled, they came out with a much lower rate and I was a little irritated about that. I emailed them and someone responded right away. Customer service was tremendous and Rebecca was most pleasant. She gave me her phone number and their extension. She explained how the rates change frequently which I was not aware of. Everything was explained in the email. Rebecca also told me that they would give me the lower rate. All my dealings have been very pleasant with Santanna and I'm extremely happy.

Constance,

Thank you very much for the positive review! We are very glad to hear that you've stuck around for the natural gas and even signed up for our electric services! We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I was with Santanna Energy for several years as I had gas with them already. I had a little note on the papers that I have to call every year to see if I can keep that rate or get a better rate. So I called them and the gentleman I talked to gave me a better rate for our gas. When I was renewing with them, we got to talking about our electric service, and he said he could take care of that also so I got everything all in one spot and I love it.

We had Verde Energy before for our electric service. I asked the customer service rep a bunch of questions and he answered all of them. He was very kind, courteous, and helpful and extremely considerate of my being a senior, and I appreciated that very much. And he gave me the best price. So I signed up with Santanna too for our electric service and I'm looking forward to a much better bill. Enrolling with them was very easy. We had two gas bills and three electric bills, and he took care of everything, so I couldn't have been happier and I am very grateful. It was a great experience.

I was paying too much through my first energy contract so I did an apples to apples comparison and Santanna was the lowest. Also, sometimes there are all these restrictions and it seemed like Santanna was the best deal. At first, I was doing my gas but it popped that I could change my electric, so I did that too. Enrolling was really easy. I did it online and I'm not really that savvy but I didn't have any trouble. One time, my contract was up and I called them. I talked to a really nice guy and he said to keep checking back because sometimes the rate gets better as the summer goes and I could get a lower rate if it's available.

I’ve been with Santanna Energy since 2009. We have a gas hot water tank through them. I chose them over other energy services because they were willing to give me a good deal. And the deal last year was really good. And they said if they find something lower, they’ll let me know. Enrolling with them was fine, as well. Once I signed up, they gave me the contract and then when my year comes up, I can just call and tell them I don’t want them anymore.

Anytime I’ve called, they’ve always been polite and courteous. Also, when it’s time to renew, they send me a paper and I write a number that they tell me. And when I get my bill, I check at the back and make sure that it’s the number. There’s just one time when there was a mix-up but they corrected it and I’ve had no problem with them.

I switched to Santanna’s services for gas because their rates were a lot better than what the other place was. And signing up was easy. We did it over the phone and then they sent me a contract with the rate on it and the expiration date, and that was it. It’s been good. I just renewed my stuff. This is I think my second or third time. At the end of the month, I'm gonna call and see if they got a better rate because I renewed in May and that’s still a winter rate. Their reps are pretty helpful. All the employees that I dealt with were courteous and knew what they were talking about.

Enrolling with Santanna was fine. Their customer service even suggested that I get a lower rate during the summer because it would probably still be lower when the six months expired come winter time. Our discussions were totally adequate, they explained everything to me and I was satisfied.

A gentleman came to my house and told me about Santanna. I used to do door-to-door sales and I had some compassion for the man, so I decided to try it out. He was very nice and he educated me on the difference between ComEd and Santanna and their different roles, and I thought that it made good sense. And I've had a good experience having a fixed rate with them. The longest process I had recently was switching over to my new location but it hasn’t been any issue at all. It was just a long process over the phone. Overall, I'm completely happy with Santanna Energy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

I got the gas service from Santanna because of their lower rates. This is the first time that I've applied with them and it was completely easy. I called them on the phone and I was completely satisfied with the reps that I spoke with. I just started using their service but so far, everything’s awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It’s been really good having Santanna Energy. I’ve had them for quite a while now. A young lady came to the door a number of years ago and she explained it all very well and we tried it and liked it. That personal touch of coming to the door was much better than all the phone calls you get. When I had to renew my contract, the kid I talked to was really good. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get the price that I had previously which I was a little disappointed. But, everything goes up. That’s the way it is. But of all the companies that call, Santanna always gives the price they say they’re going to give you and I’ve been pleased with them.

Customer: Douglas Dalton

Gas- Date Enrolled– 12/14/2015 Date started- 01/08/2016 Term date- 06/08/2017

Enrollment Channel – Telemarketer

Customer Concern Received from Consumer Affairs: 06/1/2017

I have been a Santanna Gas customer for about 7 years, contracting for one year at a time for natural gas which they buy for DTE Energy, and resell to customers at a fixed rate - usually lower than the variable price per ccf from DTE. No significant problems with Santanna until recently when my contract expired in Dec. 2016, and my gas from Santanna went to an artificially high market price; higher significantly than DTE's comparable price/CCF (100 Cubic Feet). I noticed that my bill was somewhat higher than expected, but thought it was due to the variable cold Spring weather.
I have contacted Santanna Energy and relayed my concern expecting that it was a mistake of some kind, however Customer Service "Sean" explained that this is a normal charge for service since my contract with them expired with the Jan 2017 service. I explained to his that I had checked my bills paid to DTE with the Santanna charges and have paid a total of nearly $500. In 4 months (Jan-April) with the excessive "service" charges added to the market price of gas. I have done some internet research into Santanna Energy and find mixed reviews from past and present customers, but discovered that they paid a large 8 million dollar settlement and reimbursement in the state of Illinois in 2006 for Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices.
I am not yet finished with my investigation of their customer abuses including myself, but fully intend to report them to the BBB, Michigan Attorney General, Michigan Public Service Commission, Lansing, Mich., and to my local political representatives. I have talked at length to customer service at DTE, however it appears that the representative nor her supervisor, (although very friendly and willing to help) could not grasp the fact that the bills sent by DTE with the inclusive Santana charges do not even add up correctly to the total charges listed. My complaint to them is presently under review by their department managers. If I feel that Santanna Energy is not willing to correct this situation, I will also contact WOOD-TV and WZZM-TV for their investigation and input into making the public aware of this company's fraudulent practices.

Customer Concern Investigation:

SES spoke with Mr. Douglas Dalton on 6/14/2017 to discuss his complaint.

• Mr. Douglas Dalton enrolled with SES on 12/14/2015, SES sent him a renewal letter on 11/7/2016, before his contract expired, but Mr. Douglas Dalton never contact SES to renew his account and the account went to market rate.
2 weeks ago I receive a bill from DTE Energy with all their nondescript charges, and includes Santanna's gas charge for my one month use. It was again, unusually high, but for the period of 3/06/17 to 4/06/17 DTE gas delivery, etc. charges was $49.72; Santanna's charges were added at $55.87 for GAS, and $165.18 for "Total Santanna Energy Services Supplier Charges." This bill is due to be paid by May 25, 2017, and I was preparing to do so on 5-15-17 when I received another bill in the mail from DTE (including Santana charges) which was due on 6-01-17, six days after the due date of the first bill. This bill is for a total of 57 CCF with Santanna charging $170.45 total, with $138.14 for Santanna Energy Services Supplier Charges. The combined bill totals $278.27. I have contacted Santanna Energy and relayed my concern expecting that it was a mistake of some kind, however Customer Service "Sean" explained that this is a normal charge for service since my contract with them expired with the Jan 2017 service. I explained to his that I had checked my bills paid to DTE with the Santanna charges and have paid a total of nearly $500. In 4 months (Jan-April) with the excessive "service" charges added to the market price of gas.
• Mr. Douglas Dalton called SES on 5/15/2017 to make an inquiry regarding his bill. SES advised Mr. Douglas Dalton that DTE recently has upgraded their billing systems and have updated their customer account numbers. The charge on Mr. Douglas Dalton recent bill was due to a carried negative balance from the previous pay period.

• During our conversation, Mr. Douglas Dalton stated that he finally discovered that SES was not at fault for the error on his billing, the problem was from DTE. Mr. Douglas Dalton promised to make a positive review for SES on consumer affairs website.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been overcharged, unsatisfied, and lied to. I have canceled my service several times and the next month they're back on bill. In November 2016 I thought that I finally got out of contract after calling several times. I got letter "Confirmation of Service Termination" in mail. Then the next month they billed me again. I called. They stated I wasn't a customer. Had to send them copy of bill to show them they billed me. They said it might take a month. But they still billed me the next month too. I called again. Sent them a copy of my bill again.

Then in January I got another "Confirmation of Service Termination." February, March, and April more bills. I have been talking to the floor manager Uri ** each month and each month she states I'm not a customer. I've changed my account number and they still attach themselves to the bill. I want this resolved asap. I want a copy of my contract from them. I want a letter explaining why they are taking so long to fix my issue. Signed, very unsatisfied customer.

I have been with Santanna Energy with my electric for quite some time now. Then they called and said that they had a good rate for my gas. So I signed over to them. I should be getting my gas bill now and expecting lower rates. Their customer service has been very, very polite and helpful. Any questions I have, they’ve answered. I’ve had no problem with them. They’ve been very nice. Now that I’ve got both the electric and the gas, I feel much better knowing I’ve got one provider for both. I’d definitely recommend them.

Customer: (Sparta Animal Clinic) Paula Allard

Date Enrolled– 06/16/2014 Date started- 5/01/2015 Term date- 05/01/2017

Enrollment Channel – Broker

Customer Concern Received from Consumer Affair: 06/1/2017

Our experience using this company to provide our gas has been nothing but a total, absolute nightmare. I cannot count the times that, because of their billing people, our entire bill from Ameren IL didn't come to our business to be paid, it went to Santana and therefore, caused us to pay our bill late. Hijacking our bill is not a good business practice. When we've contacted their Customer Service Dept, we've been yelled at, cussed at, just absolutely overall unacceptable customer service behavior. We are not renewing our contract and we are filing complaints with the ICC regarding this company's extremely negative business practices.

Customer Concern Investigation

SES spoke with Ms. Paula Allard on 6/14/2017 to discuss her complaint.

• SES reached out to Ameren several times regarding Ms. Paula Allard billing. SES received communication from Ameren that the issue was resolved. As of March 2017, SES confirmed that Ms. Paula Allard has been receiving her bill from Ameren.

• We train our representatives to be professional and have floor managers that roam the customer service representative would never condone such language.

• SES cancelled Ms. Allard gas account on 04/05/2017 as she requested. The final termination date was set for 05/01/2017, a date determined by her utility company, not SES.

SES apologizes for any inconvenience and misunderstanding this might have caused Ms. Paula Allard.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Enrolling with Santanna has been a wonderful experience. Compared to my previous energy provider, Santanna is better. Our bill has a huge difference from before. Their customer service has been outstanding. They always answer my questions and help me with what I need. Overall, it has been perfect.

I switch to Santanna so I could get a cheaper gas rate but it's still over $100. I get this fee that I haven't gotten off my bill and I have paid it twice now. I was referred to Santanna by the person I live with and I moved about half mile away and she still gets the fee. But she said that on the bill, it's supposed to say Santanna and how much they took off. But it wasn't on there and I paid my bill about a week ago and that was about $112. But before that, it was $150. I know it will drop off shortly because the season has almost ended.

I had good luck with Santanna Energy and with what I've seen around they had competitive prices. So, instead of switching every often when there are better offers, I stayed with them. When their customer service rep talked to me, it was great. He answered everything I needed and took care of everything the way I wanted it.

The person who talked to us is very good person. He explained to me everything, and he’s very professional and knowledgeable so we signed in with Santanna. I’ve been telling people about Santanna but I don’t know if they want to listen to me or not, but it’s their loss ‘cause Santanna is awesome! There was a time that I moved from one place to another and they waived the termination fee after I explained to them what’s happening. I'm staying with them. I was talking to one person in Ohio Edison and they were saying, “Compare Ohio Edison to Santanna,” and I said, “No, I want Santanna."

A fellow from Santanna came and walked in to my house since then, I have been with them for a couple of years now. Enrolling with them was easy and my interactions with their customer service reps were wonderful.

Somebody from Santanna came to my door since then, I've been with them for a couple of years now. Their customer service reps are nice and helpful and their rates are fine and competitive.

A fellow came knocking on the door one day and at the time Santanna's rate was better than GTE so I switched to them. I've been with them for about three years now and my usual interactions with the CS reps have been okay. I talked to them recently about switching back because their rates were quite a bit higher than GTE’s and they told me I could wait a month or so before I call them back for some reason. We’ll see what happens because their rep couldn’t give me their recent price and I guess that’s why I have to call back to get what their price is gonna be for the next few months.

Dianne,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that any issues you had with our services were taken care of.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I enrolled with Santanna Energy Services for my electricity because I like the price they quoted me. There is a huge difference in their rates compared to my old service provider. It was very easy to enroll with them. However, they failed to tell me that there was a monthly administration fee. After I got my second bill with that fee on it, I called Santanna and the guy explained everything to me courteously and took care of things right away. He even gave me a lower rate.

We had someone help us find the best rate and Santanna had the best rate. We've been with Santanna for a couple of years now. My interactions with their customer service reps have been fine and easy and their rates and prices have been pretty good. They offered some type of policy and I need to remember to call them this summer and lower the lock-in the rate when it's less demand. So, everything’s been fine.

The services from Santanna Energy sounded good at first. They were my gas during winter time and enrolling for their service was fast. However, they said that they're cheaper just to get customers on board, but it turns out their competitor was lower. They're around 329 or 359 for their gas, but it's around 590 for Santanna Energy. I did talk to somebody later on about that and they did try to lower it a little bit, but it was still higher than what Consumers Energy was. I also get a protection plan where they'll give me a certain rate to pay on winter. Then I'd receive a different type of rate when we're not using the furnace during spring or summer, which works better. I was very dissatisfied with Santanna Energy and they should keep their customers happy by competing with Consumer Energy's truthfulness and lowering their rate.

Charles,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Santanna Energy was cheaper than Michigan so I enrolled for their gas service and it was easy. I didn't have any problems switching over to them from Michigan. When I talked to their customer service about the price, they were courteous and were able to send it really fast. Overall, my experience with them has been great.

Santanna Energy was one of the lower ones when I looked up energy services online hoping that we could possibly save a little bit of money. We signed up and then they sent out a welcome packet. Then everything was supposed to go over within the next billing cycles and the electric was switched over but the gas wasn't. They didn't know why and kept resubmitting the account number and they even said that they had the wrong account number. It was the right account number. It turns out they had the wrong gas supplier then and they tried to blame me for that. I explained to them that it was Dominion Gas through East Ohio Gas for the billing, but they didn't understand it. We finally found someone for that a couple of weeks ago. However, they were gonna charge me a higher rate when they tried to reconnect it, so we let go of the gas service. Other than that, everything else is fine. They were polite and courteous and they did try to help.

James,

Thank you for the review, we are glad to hear you have returned as a Santanna customer!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Santanna Energy is 20 cents cheaper than Comet, so I went with them. And then, I went with IGS because they were beating Santanna by 10 cents. However, I started getting notices to get the cheaper rate with Santanna, so I got them again. Enrolling with Santanna was fine. There was nothing hard about it. Everything was very fast. Everybody at Santanna has been wonderful all the time. My experience has been very pleasant. I've also recommended Santanna to others.

Robert,

Thank you for the review, we are glad to hear that an issue regarding a fee was worked out!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I'd like to have solar panels on my house, but after weighing it all out, we're not going to be here long enough to make them pay for themselves, so I looked into energy services. The city contracts out with other contractors and they let us know that they're no longer going to be with Constellation. I didn't want to get in the higher rates and Santanna seemed to be competitive with their rates so I went with them. Somebody called me about Santanna and then I found out that they didn't tell me that every month they would be getting $10 for their company for calling. So, I called Santanna myself and the guy was very helpful. He enlightened me on the $10 fee I was being charged that I shouldn't be charged. Other than that, enrolling with them was very easy. Everybody has been personable and more than polite. And, the energy seems to be flowing and all is well.

Ann,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our natural gas services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We received a flyer in the mail for Santanna Energy and we looked into them due to the rates they had listed there. We went with their natural gas service and enrolling with them was a good experience. Their staff were very helpful and very thorough in their explanations. It was a pretty simple process and it didn't take long. The customer service people were easy to work with and were very easy to understand. There were no surprises like extra fees and I'm very satisfied.

Sharon,

Thank you for the review, we're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our customer service department!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Santanna staff were very helpful and nice. Their customer service person was extremely knowledgeable. They gave me the rates. I told them what I was getting and what I was paying now then we worked things out. We were very happy.

Delia,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear you're satisfied with our customer service team and our rates!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I'm very happy with Santanna. Customer service team has been very courteous and professional. Very nice people that Santanna has hired. As soon as the phone rings, they do not keep you waiting unlike other places that you have to wait. The most that I like about Santanna is the price quote they're giving me. Sometimes they're a little high, depending on when you enroll. I'm very happy especially with the quotes that I have right now for my electricity. I did call ComEd and Peoples Gas before taking this decision but they told me they were going to raise the prices. I would recommend Santana because if I am saving, why not the other people that I recommend save also.

Robert,

Thank you for the positive review. If you are looking for help regarding reading your natural gas bill, or comparing your price to Consumers, feel free to give us a call at 800-764-4427.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It's been such a long time ago since we enrolled with Santana. I talked with them a month ago concerning the difference between Santana and going straight through Consumers Energy. Now, Consumers Energy says it would be cheaper 'cause I'd be cutting off the middleman, but Santana said I would be paying more if I went directly through Consumers Energy. I haven't found out the answer to that question yet but everything went smoothly and they're very efficient.

My bill is so high so I switched my residential electric service to Santanna. Their rate was cheaper while the other one I had was not great. I decided that even though I was fined $50 for switching over to Santanna, that I’d make it up within a year or so. I was also told that I could do gas with them and they told me that Nicor Energy was the same as Nicor Gas but it’s not, and they are gonna charge $50 if I switch so I didn’t go with gas.

Their customer service was good and personable. The only thing is that they said they would follow up with me about the gas and I guess they realized they had misrepresented it so they never called me back about the gas. Like all things, one can’t take people’s word for such and has to verify it with the other company. The enrollment process was fairly easy and they were helpful in other ways. They were good in the sense of comparing rates to what I was paying so I’m hoping that it works out all right as I go forward. I’m satisfied so far.

Santanna Energy Services Company Profile