toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mary,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you're satisfied with our natural gas services and are considering our electric services as well!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

My contract with my previous distributor was expiring and I noticed that Santanna's rate was lower. It was very easy enrolling with them and I did it over the phone. I went with them for gas and I was extremely happy with that choice. When my electric contract expires, I will be considering Santanna too because I'm not really pleased with the way the company I'm with does business. I have nothing in writing with them. With Santanna, they send me a copy of the contract and the dates so I have something to keep track of and I appreciate that.

I had a question one time because about a week or two after I enrolled, they came out with a much lower rate and I was a little irritated about that. I emailed them and someone responded right away. Customer service was tremendous and Rebecca was most pleasant. She gave me her phone number and their extension. She explained how the rates change frequently which I was not aware of. Everything was explained in the email. Rebecca also told me that they would give me the lower rate. All my dealings have been very pleasant with Santanna and I'm extremely happy.

Constance,

Thank you very much for the positive review! We are very glad to hear that you've stuck around for the natural gas and even signed up for our electric services! We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I was with Santanna Energy for several years as I had gas with them already. I had a little note on the papers that I have to call every year to see if I can keep that rate or get a better rate. So I called them and the gentleman I talked to gave me a better rate for our gas. When I was renewing with them, we got to talking about our electric service, and he said he could take care of that also so I got everything all in one spot and I love it.

We had Verde Energy before for our electric service. I asked the customer service rep a bunch of questions and he answered all of them. He was very kind, courteous, and helpful and extremely considerate of my being a senior, and I appreciated that very much. And he gave me the best price. So I signed up with Santanna too for our electric service and I'm looking forward to a much better bill. Enrolling with them was very easy. We had two gas bills and three electric bills, and he took care of everything, so I couldn't have been happier and I am very grateful. It was a great experience.

My bill is so high so I switched my residential electric service to Santanna. Their rate was cheaper while the other one I had was not great. I decided that even though I was fined $50 for switching over to Santanna, that I’d make it up within a year or so. I was also told that I could do gas with them and they told me that Nicor Energy was the same as Nicor Gas but it’s not, and they are gonna charge $50 if I switch so I didn’t go with gas.

Their customer service was good and personable. The only thing is that they said they would follow up with me about the gas and I guess they realized they had misrepresented it so they never called me back about the gas. Like all things, one can’t take people’s word for such and has to verify it with the other company. The enrollment process was fairly easy and they were helpful in other ways. They were good in the sense of comparing rates to what I was paying so I’m hoping that it works out all right as I go forward. I’m satisfied so far.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the review! We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the billing cycle. If you have any questions or concerns, our customer service team is willing to help! Give us a call at 800-764-4427.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Santanna Energy had a better rate and it was easy enrolling with them. However, there was something I questioned because when I switched a while back, I told them not to switch over to the new one till my next billing cycle. Santanna said that would be okay and they said it wouldn’t go through till the next billing cycle. But it went through sooner and I got charged a $75 fee from the other company. When I tried to contact Santanna over it, I got a little bit of the runaround. Then I gave up on it and paid the fee. But the experience has been fine other than that one incident.

Alan,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that everything was explained to you very thoroughly and that you are satisfied with our services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Santanna Energy have been around for a while, and I talked to somebody who works for Commonwealth Edison to find out what these energy services are all about. They explained to me what’s happening in the industry, and based on that, I decided to go with a fixed rate. Enrolling was very easy. It was mostly done for me. I just had to answer a few questions. They asked questions for verification and that was it.

Critical things were explained to me very clearly. Like when I sign up, if along the way I change my mind, it’s just only good for a year and after that year, I can change or drop it if I chose. It was made very clear to me and that was important for me to know I'm not signing up to something that’s gonna be a long term contract like a cellphone type deal. The customer service team was very courteous and answered all my questions. I had a little bit higher degree of confidence that what I was being told was the truth. I didn’t think they were trying to hide anything from me when they're telling me something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Kelly,

Thank you for the positive review, we are glad to hear you were locked into a new low rate! We hope to continue to provide service to you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We've been with Santanna Energy for a couple of years now and we've been very pleased with them. But our neighbors had a lower rate than what we had. Then somebody called and talked to us about the rate but I remembered I had not heard from Santanna because normally they'd call. And when I called a couple of weeks ago, I found out that we had not been locked into the new rate yet. So since we've been a customer for a couple of years now, they gave us even a lower rate. Then we locked that price in for 12 months. Everybody that I talked to was very nice. Anybody that's ever called from their facility has been very helpful and done whatever needed to be done in order to be able to keep our services. So we've been very pleased. I hope they keep calling us every year so we can lock in that low rate. I would recommend Santanna Energy to anybody.

Raymond,

Thank you for the review, we're glad to hear you are receiving the benefits of our fixed natural gas rates!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The gas at one time was expensive so we got Santanna Energy to get in on the rate. I wanted to reduce my bill and it seemed to work out. My daughter had it done for me and as long as the bills are down, I got no problem. Santanna is the best as they're doing the job right and I'm getting savings

I was paying quite a bit more per unit through Nicor Gas that was in the area, and then I got an advertisement in the mail for Santanna, which they got me a cheaper cost per unit. It was a deal to save money and that was the entire reason that I went with Santanna. They have been good with the rates and as long as they stay good, I'll stay with them. But if somebody comes up with a better rate, then I'll more than likely go.

Denise,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you renewing for another year with Santanna Energy Services! We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I signed up with Santanna after seeing facts about them but this last time when I was renewing with them, I saw online that there was another company that was lower than them. I called Santanna and the representative told me there’s nothing she could do about it but I still went ahead and renewed for another year because I wanted to get it off my plate.

Daniel,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that your experience with enrolling was very simple and we hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

It is very nice any time we can cut some of the energy bill down, especially in the winter and summertime. We run our air conditioner most of the time since we've been having some hot days. The young lady who talked with me over the phone about Santanna's energy services sounded so nice. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. It was also very easy to enroll. All I had to do was read off to them what my bill was and they took it from there. The customer service reps were very nice. I have nothing but nice things to say about Santanna.

Richard,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear everything was straightened out in our customer service department. If you would like to get an update as to your welcome packet, please call 800-764-4427 to speak to a customer service representative.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

So far, I've had a fine experience with Santanna. The first rep I talked to, however, lied to me so I couldn't recommend the company at all. Emma said I was gonna pay a separate amount of $700 which is very high but that if I go on along with them, I'd get a discount, like a third of what the other bill was. So I went for that but I couldn't find my bill that day. I found out it was an e-bill so I printed it out and when I looked at it, I was already getting their service at a lower rate than what she was offering me.

So I called back and talked to a second rep, Rebecca, who seemed very knowledgeable. She tried to explain everything and I very much agree with her. When I told her what had happened, she said that that was not right at all. She then checked and I actually had a cheaper bill which was $140. Rebecca then straightened it out. However, I was told I'd receive paperwork like a contract but I never have. It should have been here long ago.

Alvin,

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear that you are a price savvy customer and we encourage you to check our rates regularly!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

The bills are high here in Michigan during winter, so we looked into energy services with the best rate that we can get and that was our idea for going to Santanna. The enrollment process wasn't too bad and their customer service was good. I changed companies from DTE to Santanna and had to pay $10. We're happy with them and I'm going to stick with them as long as they don't change their prices. I just want to keep the lower price and if they raise it all of a sudden, then I'm going to hunt for something else. But for now, I’m fairly satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Wilma,

Thank you for the review! We do send out renewal letters and renewal email notifications to our customers to let them know their fixed rate contract is coming to an end. This should help you in knowing that you should renew on a new fixed rate.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I like Santanna's rate and I found that it was cheaper than DTE Gas. However, I have to sign up every year. And if I forget and sign up later, then the rates go up. It's too bad I have to seek out better rates and have to do it every so often. It would be nice if you could lock it in.

Garry,

Thank you for the positive review!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Enrolling with Santanna was easy and so far, it's been a satisfactory and good experience.

Victor,

Thank you for the positive review!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I was looking for a fixed contract at a good price for a decent length of time. I talked to somebody at Santanna on the phone and he was very helpful. The experience was straightforward and it seemed to work pretty well.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Santanna's pricing at the time I chose them was the best, but they neglected to give me the correct rates for quite a few months, so it’s been a struggle ever since to get it straightened out. Customer service interaction has been horrific as well. I'm frustrated by Santanna. It's the end of the contract cycle soon and I’m not sure what I’m going to do.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

They are making it very difficult for me to cancel my account. I will call back tomorrow as requested; but, also, the man on the phone was very rude. For a year I have been more than what Consumers Energy charges.

I was dissatisfied with Santanna Energy. Their staff talked about everything except the bill. They told me, if I quit, it would cost me a hundred and some dollars. I was paying out $35 a month and they said it's going to be less than that but then it went up a little. They were courteous until I asked them how much the price was. They went on to another subject. They never told me. Enrolling with them was a little difficult too.

Charles,

Thank you for the review, we are certainly glad to hear that you renew with Santanna Energy Services every year!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

The rates of Nicor made us look into energy services. At first, we had several alternatives but we chose Santanna because we had the number. We didn't know anything about alternative energy sources at that time, but we've been happy with them and stayed with them. We renewed with them this year too. They're excellent and it has been a very satisfying experience.

We stayed with Santanna through the time when they offered a program. We were happy with that. Then we were informed that that particular program was no longer going to be used and so we started with the program we're on now. I've renewed it a year at a time. Even when we didn't renew immediately, the cost of the energy wasn't really that high right now and so we weren't too concerned by going month by month. But we decided to lock in for one year, Santanna offered us a decent rate, and we went back on for another year.

Janet,

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear you are price conscious and will check back in for a new rate!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Santanna was upfront with my husband and I and they let us know what they were offering so we used them. Enrolling with them was good. I called their customer service team and asked them about it, and they explained everything very well. One of the things the rep said is that I can call every month to ask for the best gas price and they will give me. So, I wrote down on my calendar that maybe in February I'll call them and find out what the best gas price is. Hopefully, it would be lower than my current one and that would be nice. We've been fine so far and we've always been with them.

Kathy,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our services in the Consumers gas market. We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

We couldn't stand Consumers Power anymore, so we decided to sign up with Santanna. They're very quick about the enrollment process. Maybe it's because we are already enrolled. Every time I've had to renew it, I've had no problems whatsoever. Overall, I'd recommend them and I hope that Santanna would go into the electric business also.

Corlissa,

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad to hear you are a happy Santanna customer and hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I'm disabled and I get $700 a month SSI. I have a mortgage, taxes, insurance, and utilities, and I really try to save money any way that I can. I got with Santanna Energy because the price was lower at that time. Signing up with them for natural gas went well and it's been a good experience.

Mildred,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you are an active shopper with your natural gas rates!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Santanna offered a good price so I enrolled with them over the phone. In the summertime and usually in the fall, I call up and ask their reps at the beginning of each month what their prices are. I like that I can change them if I want to which they do for me. And one of them was even nice enough to call me back, so that was good.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

A Santanna Energy supplier representative came to my door stating he needed to make sure if I was upgraded to the smart meter. I told him I had been and he then said he needed to make sure I had also been upgraded to the newest rate. When I asked if he could come back when my husband was here because I did not know. He said no that I needed to show him my gas and electric bills. When I stated that our electric bill was online he said I needed to pull it up and show it to him. He said he had to verify with everyone the same thing. When I asked if he worked for ComEd he said that ComEd worked for him. He then ordered me to call Nicor right now so he can talk to them to upgrade my gas to the newer cheaper rate.

I called Nicor while he waited outside and asked them quickly if they knew who Santanna was. While they were telling me that Santana is another different supplier this man was knocking on my door impatiently and ringing my doorbell. I have never experienced such a dishonest fraudulent company. These type of representatives had to have learned their dishonest aggressive skills from this company I am sure. Based off of my experience with this particular representative I would never do business with Santanna Energy Services.

Tracy,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you renewed your contract with Santanna and will continue to be a customer. If you found the enrollment process difficult, you can always enroll online at your own pace!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: July 21, 2016

I like Santanna and I actually renewed my contract with them. It's a little bit cheaper than DTE and other gas services. Enrollment was not easy, but it wasn't difficult. Plus, their customer service was good.

Nicolle,

Thank you for the positive review! We are very glad to hear that you have been a loyal Santanna customer for 13 years! We hope to continue to service you in the future on your natural gas and electric supply.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: July 12, 2016

I got Santanna from the Citizen Utility Board where they provide information through the internet and do a comparing of apples-to-apples with utilities. Santanna has a good gas and I’m opposed to bundling so Nicor delivered my gas but Santanna was the supplier. I should have examined it over the years, but I was busy working and I don’t know if I could’ve gotten better rates somewhere else, but I stayed loyal to Santanna. I’ve had Santanna Energy for 13 years for my gas and then another company approached me for my electric and I went with them but I switched back to Santanna when I found out that they're dealing with electric as well. Enrolling with them was easy and I did it over the phone. Their customer service was good because there is an administrative fee that I wanted to have removed and she enabled that to happen.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 13, 2016

Santanna Customer Service contacted me the following day to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. I appreciate their efforts to meet my expectations and feel we reached a win-win agreeement.

Original review: July 6, 2016

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I moved one week before my contract was to end. I called Santanna to cancel service and was told at the time, if I send in a note, they would wave the $50 cancellation. They gave no other alternatives. Well, they billed me for that $50 and after leaving 4 messages, unreturned, from the woman I spoke with, I was told it was my fault I moved before the contract ended. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They take your money - will NOT resolve issues at all, let alone in a timely manner. Not worth any savings off the ComEd electric price for the amount of pain and suffering they inflict on consumers.

John,

Thank you for the positive review, we are glad to hear you are having a good experience with Santanna!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: July 2, 2016

Santanna called me and had a proposition that it would save me some money. Also, our village and Santanna had some agreement that it was a couple of bucks off the bill and no downside. It sounded like a good deal so I went with them. Enrolling with them was easy. It has been a good and pleasant experience with them.

Carol,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear you called in to check on our rates for your natural gas supply.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: June 24, 2016

Enrolling with Santanna was very easy. We've never had any problems with them except when I realized that I was paying more with Santanna than I was with DTE. I called them and they gave me a program which costs a little bit less.

Arvind,

Thank you for the positive review, we are glad to hear you think the customer service team is cordial!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: June 21, 2016

Santanna has excellent service. Their customer service people are very cordial.

Santanna Energy Services Company Profile