Call toll free
3.83/5

Illinois

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 30 years, Santanna Energy Services has been the energy supplier of choice, providing natural gas and electricity for hundreds of thousands of residential customers across the Midwest. As an employee-owned company, every person on

our team is dedicated to our mission of developing lifelong relationships with our customers and our communities. As a result, our customers have peace of mind knowing that their energy needs are being met by people who share their same

values and who are committed to providing outstanding service quality. Everything we do is with you in mind including our new Customer Rewards Program that offers monthly rewards for shopping, dining, travel and more! After 30 years in the business, we understand firsthand the impact of having an

energy plan that will work for you for decades to come! At Santanna Energy it’s Our Company, Your Values! We look forward to working with you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Santanna Energy Services Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer since 2012. They are a great company. I have never had any issues with them. That in and of itself is rare today. The customer service reps are always very polite, knowledgeable and professional. They answer all of the questions without exception. They never have to check with anyone, they know their products and services.

At times people come to my door and what me to switch to their service. They always ask who I am with and when I tell them Santanna, they always tell me they can not beat the rate I receive from Santanna. It always confirms my decision to do business with them. Anyone in Michigan who uses Natural Gas would be foolish not to have Santanna as a provider. They have always been the least expensive. I just pay DTE as I always do and that is that. No fuss. Great Company and people. I highly recommend them. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I talked with Ashley ** on 8/21/2019 about my contractual agreement with Santanna Energy Services. This agreement ends on 10/10/2019 and I was under the impression I needed to respond early than the aforementioned date to cancel, discuss another option or by default be placed on a competitive market plan. Ashley explained that, “to cancel now before the end date" would prompt me to pay the cancellation fee.

Ashley advised me when exactly to call if I did not want to be placed on Santanna’s competitive market plan. Santanna Energy Services I was told mail letters to their customers nearing expiring service terms a couple months earlier with plans options should they be interested in staying or leaving as a customer. For me not to respond I understood would affirm my acceptance into their competitive market plan. My prompt response way too early was due to my lack of comprehension of the time frame in which I was to respond. Ashley did a great job in clarifying the correct interpretation of time I needed to contact Santanna Energy with my response.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Yanitza provide great customer service and it was definitely worth the phone call to lock in to a lower gas rate. She was kind and considerate and even apologized for the previous representative that put me on hold for 18 minutes and never came back. Her efficiency had me renewed in a matter of a few minutes! Awesome customer service!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I called to renew my contract with Santanna and spoke with Yanitza. She was very quick and efficient and quoted me a lower rate than I had researched online. (I was pleasantly surprised. Most companies want to raise your rate the second year and will not give you the low rates posted online.) I was pleased and satisfied with my experience with Santanna, and with the help Yanitza provided. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I called to inquire about my natural gas rate since I had noticed a significant increase in my January bill. My lower locked-in rate had expired at which time the rates became variable which explained the increase. The fixed rates and terms offered by Santanna are very competitive, in fact one of the lowest I've found so I will be staying with Santanna for at least another 12 months. Santana's customer service representatives have always been helpful. I am very satisfied with the service I receive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I am in a fixed price contract with Santanna through September 2020 with an early termination fee. Santanna is now offering the same contract that I have at a much lower rate. I wanted to see if I could enter into a new contract with Santanna at the lower rate. I was told that I could not. If I broke the existing contract, even to sign a new contract with Santanna, that I would be charged the early termination fee. Usually these fees only apply if you switch suppliers. With Santanna it applies even if you stay with them. Disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have been with them for 3 yrs. and am very happy with their prices and services. Their employees are knowledgeable and helpful. Also very polite and friendly. They explain the prices and services clearly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have used Santanna for both my gas and electric service and needed to renew. Service rep was very attentive to my needs and questions. She explained all the information I needed and the rates. Happy with Santanna.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Nothing really bad to say, they had a great 9 month rate for gas when I signed up, and I called to request their renewal terms. There are better options out there at the current moment, but I would use them again if their rates swing back down.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

YANITZA was courtesy, experience and she was advised me to wait for today for better rates, which was I did and the very rates was .289 therm for 12 months and with no monthly fee. Thank you, Ronald **

Santanna Energy Services expert review by Jonathan Trout

As an independent energy provider, Santanna Energy Services has been offering Illinois and other Midwestern states electricity services for over 28 years. Its competitive prices give homeowners and business owners another option to consider when thinking about saving on their monthly utility bills.

• Managed energy program: Santanna’s managed energy program uses index and fixed pricing to make sure you save the maximum amount on your energy bill. These rate plans prevent you from having to potentially pay more if the market trends upward.

• Security: Santanna Energy has many licenses and certifications to safely operate throughout the Midwest. It is accredited with the Better Business Bureau, licensed as an Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (ARES) and an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS) and certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC).

• Customer service: Santanna strives to make customer service their top priority. Its customer service team is based in the Midwest and will help you access your online account, deal with damage claims and more.

• Payment options: With Santanna Energy, you can choose from multiple payment options. You can pay by phone with a credit card or by mail with a check, money order or cashier’s check with an enclosed copy of your account information.

• Going green: Santanna helps reduce our global footprint by offering paperless communications via email. Customers wanting to make the switch to paperless communication can email or call the customer service department.

• Best for: midwestern homeowners or business owners needing an energy provider.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout