Call toll free
4.64/5

Illinois

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Santanna Energy has provided energy services to thousands of companies and residential customers for over 28 years. We recognize the public is seeking an energy provider that not only offers competitive energy prices but also great customer service, which is why we strive to offer the best of both worlds. Santanna Energy specializes in offering cost-effective, top-notch services to both commercial small business customers and larger industrial customers who are looking for an alternative to their local distribution company. Santanna Energy strives to provide every customer with the finest energy service possible.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

389 Santanna Energy Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Continued with Santanna as my natural gas supplier. Locked in a new rate (slightly higher than the previous 12 months) for 12 months, rather than going with a shorter term elsewhere and jumping around.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After a little more than a year, I am completely satisfied with Santana Energy Services, So satisfied, that I recently added them to be my electric supplier as well. Again, I expect no problems with their electric services as well. In this day and age where everyone is pinching pennies, it's nice to know that Santana can help you do that without sacrificing anything. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The customer service representative, Jazmine, was knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. She was able to answer my questions and assist me with my concern. I appreciated her patience and expertise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Have been using them for my gas usage in Ohio for years. They are always easy to work with and I keep coming back. If the price drops they have also worked with me as long as I stay with their service. Great company!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We have had Santanna gas services for a while now and very satisfied with them. Their rates are lower than other suppliers. Makes the choice a lot easier to make. So far when I call a rep they seem to be helpful when you have a question.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The experience so far with the customer representative was very pleasant and she was able to explain to me my savings for my gas bill. The third party as well did go over my account and it was accurate. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Santanna took their time explaining the benefits for being my electric supplier. They didn't pressure me but showed me the big picture of what I was paying and what I will be paying going forward. No other company has taken the time that Santanna did.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Corazon was an excellent customer service representative! She answered my questions and guided me through the process to sign up for another 12-month fixed rate contract for natural gas for my home. I was very pleased with the experience.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Chose Santanna as our electric supplier in Ohio. Received our monthly bills and each month they charged a $9.99 administration fee, REALLY... I had never agreed to an outrageous monthly fee for being their customer. They lure you in with a competitive monthly rate then make up an add on charge. Should have stayed with my original supplier, stay away from them or be very cautious and check your invoices.

Santanna Energy Services response

Hello David

I apologize for your frustration and would love to speak with you regarding your issue.

John

Customer Experience & Consumer Services Manager

Original review: June 5, 2018

I've been with Santanna Energy for years just to buy the natural gas cheaper. And every year, I price it. I'm hoping I'd get the price even lower later. I just went out of contract, so I wanted to get it in what I could. They do a great job but it all boils down to price. Also, my experience with the Santana team was good. In fact, I referred a guy to them and they should give a referral fee.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've had Santanna gas for almost 20 years. At the time their gas rates were better and had better savings. Enrolling was easy and over the years, my interactions with their customer service has been very good. They were always able to answer all my questions and were always very friendly.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have Santanna as my energy service. They were cheaper than the other energy service providers. Enrolling with Santanna was easy. I just asked for the price and when they told me the price, I signed up with them. My interactions with the customer service reps were fine.

Original review: May 23, 2018

The only problem I had with Santanna was that they jacked my rate up to like double the market rate once my 12 months was up. If you don’t watch it knowing your term is up, they’ll get you a real high rate. But then I re-signed up with them for another cheaper rate. They also said they sent me a letter to tell me that my term was ending. But, I didn’t see the letter.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have Santanna Energy gas at my office and I've been using them for three years now.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I did an apples-to-apples search on websites regarding energy cost and the rates of Santanna Energy Services were lower. Enrolling with Santanna was easy and it was professionally done. Most of the customer service reps were knowledgeable and professional, with the exception of one who didn't seem to know his job. Santanna has very competitive rates and I've recommended them already. I told my friends that they should investigate and they would probably take advantage of Santanna's rates.

Original review: May 12, 2018

The gas company of Santanna Energy suggested that I call. Santanna's price and service were better than other energy companies. They were very clear in what they were saying. They told me what they were gonna do and how they were gonna take care of things. My enrollment experience with them worked out fine. I'd recommend Santanna Energy to anybody.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I've been with Santanna Energy for over five years and they never changed their rates. Initially, I started using them because I was getting a bonus mile. When I called them, they answered my questions. I said I would cancel but they adjusted my rates and guaranteed it for a year. I'll stick with 'em for a year but I am closely watching Nicor to see that. I paid more with Santanna every month than I should've been paying with Nicor. I paid a lot of money that I shouldn't have and I'm not really happy with Santanna Energy but it is what it is.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was looking for competitive pricing on energy services and I found Santanna Energy on the internet. Enrolling for their service was easy and dealing with their customer service was good.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Santanna Energy's pricing made us go with them for electric service and everything was good when I enrolled with them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Santanna Energy made a sales call to my mom, who is a sucker for salesmen, and we spent a few minutes on the phone with them. I have heard her complain about her electric bill a few times. There were different things on there that she didn't understand. She's not happy with Santanna and has tried to get rid of it.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Somebody came to my door and talked to me about the gas. They explained to me the rates and they told me how much it would be per Ccf, and it was just cheaper than the other one I had at that time. I liked the deal so I decided to change to Santanna and kept them ever since. The enrollment process was easy and I just wrote down all the information that they gave me. I keep calling them up if I have questions and they have been very nice and polite and answer whatever I asked them. I’m glad I’m with Santanna and I would not change it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I see energy services around so I looked online and found that Santanna Energy had the lowest price, and I just enrolled online. The application process only took about 5 minutes. However, it took a little time for them to apply it to my account. But other than that, I have had no problems with them. I would tell my friends to check out what they’re paying now, as opposed to what they could get if they went to Santanna. They should be always comparing their rates.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I was asked to switch to Santanna Energy a long time ago. I've had a lot going on in my life. When you're retired, it's a full-time job. I have a mother that's dying and I've got my grandkids to take care. I got a call from Direct Energy and they told me that I was done with Santanna because they want you to believe that you're doing the right thing. Then you have to pay for the fine for canceling early. I got upset with Direct Energy. They're playing games with my mind. So I went back to Santanna and then they canceled Direct Energy and I'm not going to pay the $50. Santanna had a better discount, so I went with them and inquired about their ComEd Fixed Electricity Rates.

My experience enrolling with Santanna was simple, easy and quick. They just asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. The customer service was very professional, kind and helpful. They did the best they could right at the time that I needed help. Santanna is easy to work. They have good rates, and they helped me a lot.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

A few years back, I was with Santanna. Then I used Michigan National. But I decided to go with Santanna again for gas based on their price. There was nobody else that could offer me that cheap of a price that was locked in for one year. The process of enrolling with them was good. I just filled out an application form and they asked me some questions. Then they told me that the program would take effect when my contract with Michigan National runs out which was on December 30. I'm satisfied with my experience and I would recommend Santanna.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We always shop prices for gas rate because it’s a restaurant and Santanna Energy tried to get the best rate we can for the lowest price. Santanna gas is what we use at the restaurant and the price is right so far. The last time, we got the price for $2.99 and that was the lowest price for a 1-year term, a fixed-rate that there was at that time. Now, we switched away from the $2.99 to $2.69 for a 6-month term, and then we’ll re-negotiate again in a 6-month term in the middle of the summer. So, that doesn’t mean we’ll stay with Santanna if somebody else got a better price. We go with whoever gives a better price. I did the residence I’m in here, the owner’s residence and all the restaurants at the same time. Their customer service was all right and I had a really good experience with Santanna Energy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We wanted to lower our rates and my daughter was doing some research and came across Santanna Energy. Somebody called me randomly and he said something about joining Santanna and so I did but I haven’t received the bill yet.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Santanna Energy called me and I looked into their services due to their prices. The enrollment process was easy and I have their electricity and gas service for about a year now. They've been very nice and courteous people to work with. Their prices are better than my previous provider and I've had no problems with their service so far.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was with Duke previously but switched because of the expenses. Duke’s gas and electric rates were much higher. I called Santanna to enroll and got it lined up. They have an office here in Cincinnati. I’ve been with Santanna for a couple of years now and my experience has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have been with Santanna Energy for about 50 years now. The first year I signed, I didn't know the contract was going to end. The service I’m receiving from them is okay my electric bill was doubled two months in a row and I went from 50 something a month to a 100. I called customer service twice about the same thing and they were very nice, but I want them to make sure that we know ahead of time that the price is going to go up. I like to have part of my bill paid and the rep said we would go back to the cheaper price on the next billing period. I’m not happy but I would stay with them, and so I re-signed with Santanna Energy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

This is my second year with Santanna Energy and they were very nice when I spoke to them. I just don't like the fact that they charged me higher before they even notified me that they were going to. The last gas bill was up before the season started. Overall, though, I'm happy with them. They offered me a lower rate than what we were going to get with Alon.

Santanna Energy Services expert review by Jonathan Trout

As an independent energy provider, Santanna Energy Services has been offering Illinois and other Midwestern states electricity services for over 28 years. Its competitive prices give homeowners and business owners another option to consider when thinking about saving on their monthly utility bills.

• Managed energy program: Santanna’s managed energy program uses index and fixed pricing to make sure you save the maximum amount on your energy bill. These rate plans prevent you from having to potentially pay more if the market trends upward.

• Security: Santanna Energy has many licenses and certifications to safely operate throughout the Midwest. It is accredited with the Better Business Bureau, licensed as an Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (ARES) and an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS) and certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC).

• Customer service: Santanna strives to make customer service their top priority. Its customer service team is based in the Midwest and will help you access your online account, deal with damage claims and more.

• Payment options: With Santanna Energy, you can choose from multiple payment options. You can pay by phone with a credit card or by mail with a check, money order or cashier’s check with an enclosed copy of your account information.

• Going green: Santanna helps reduce our global footprint by offering paperless communications via email. Customers wanting to make the switch to paperless communication can email or call the customer service department.

• Best for: midwestern homeowners or business owners needing an energy provider.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout