2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Illinois

3.8/5 (342 ratings)

About Santanna Energy Services

For over 30 years, Santanna Energy Services has been the energy supplier of choice, providing natural gas and electricity for hundreds of thousands of residential customers across the Midwest. As an employee-owned company, every person on

Santanna Energy Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Resolution response: March 13, 2021

Received call from Manager Melissa who reviewed problem and resolved it by offering a check for $20 to compensate me for the higher rate I paid due to them not getting my contract changed. Very good resolution.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Called Santanna 2/6/21, spoke with Anthony, Mgr. who then gave me Corey. I signed up for Choice 12-month plan and was told Santanna would be my supplier after my next meter reading scheduled for March 2. My info was verified by Christine. During Feb, I received from Santanna their 'Ohio Electric Choice Sales Agreement', confirming I was now their customer. But when my Ohio Edison March 5 bill came, I was still with my old supplier.

Called Santanna and Spoke with Ashley. She said my verification was not complete and Corey had tried to call me three times on 2/6, but could not get through. I have call blocking for unidentified numbers; otherwise I have never had anyone tell me they could not get through to me. Why did Santanna send me my confirmation of the sales agreement but couldn't tell me that I was not properly signed up? As of March 11, I am still not signed up although Santanna has offered to begin the process again. Lousy customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Ashley was very helpful. Had some questions on a offer that I got from Santana. I have been with them and have never had any issues. She was very informative and was extremely helpful. Great job. Told me that the offer was for new customers.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I called because my 6 month natural gas term ends 1/1/20 and I needed to know my options at current rates. Ashley, the representative, slurred her words as she barely described my new rate, why it's higher, and that she couldn't provide me a better rate because I already bundle my electricity with Santanna. She begrudgingly explained when my new rate would go into effect and that I no longer have the option to enroll online as this changed a couple months ago. Her explanation of the "points" program was rushed and didn't make sense to me.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I had called Santana to switch my service provider earlier in the month and due to the time Monse said she would have to call me back on the 17th of the month to avoid getting an early termination fee. On the 17th Monse did call me back as she had said she would and I enrolled with Santana Energy with no problem, with substantial savings on my gas bill. I greatly appreciate the excellent service provided. Rick

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I am in a fixed price contract with Santanna through September 2020 with an early termination fee. Santanna is now offering the same contract that I have at a much lower rate. I wanted to see if I could enter into a new contract with Santanna at the lower rate. I was told that I could not. If I broke the existing contract, even to sign a new contract with Santanna, that I would be charged the early termination fee. Usually these fees only apply if you switch suppliers. With Santanna it applies even if you stay with them. Disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have been with them for 3 yrs. and am very happy with their prices and services. Their employees are knowledgeable and helpful. Also very polite and friendly. They explain the prices and services clearly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have used Santanna for both my gas and electric service and needed to renew. Service rep was very attentive to my needs and questions. She explained all the information I needed and the rates. Happy with Santanna.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer since 2012. They are a great company. I have never had any issues with them. That in and of itself is rare today. The customer service reps are always very polite, knowledgeable and professional. They answer all of the questions without exception. They never have to check with anyone, they know their products and services.

At times people come to my door and what me to switch to their service. They always ask who I am with and when I tell them Santanna, they always tell me they can not beat the rate I receive from Santanna. It always confirms my decision to do business with them. Anyone in Michigan who uses Natural Gas would be foolish not to have Santanna as a provider. They have always been the least expensive. I just pay DTE as I always do and that is that. No fuss. Great Company and people. I highly recommend them. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I talked with Ashley ** on 8/21/2019 about my contractual agreement with Santanna Energy Services. This agreement ends on 10/10/2019 and I was under the impression I needed to respond early than the aforementioned date to cancel, discuss another option or by default be placed on a competitive market plan. Ashley explained that, “to cancel now before the end date" would prompt me to pay the cancellation fee.

Ashley advised me when exactly to call if I did not want to be placed on Santanna’s competitive market plan. Santanna Energy Services I was told mail letters to their customers nearing expiring service terms a couple months earlier with plans options should they be interested in staying or leaving as a customer. For me not to respond I understood would affirm my acceptance into their competitive market plan. My prompt response way too early was due to my lack of comprehension of the time frame in which I was to respond. Ashley did a great job in clarifying the correct interpretation of time I needed to contact Santanna Energy with my response.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Yanitza provide great customer service and it was definitely worth the phone call to lock in to a lower gas rate. She was kind and considerate and even apologized for the previous representative that put me on hold for 18 minutes and never came back. Her efficiency had me renewed in a matter of a few minutes! Awesome customer service!

Santanna Energy Services author review by Jonathan Trout

As an independent energy provider, Santanna Energy Services has been offering Illinois and other Midwestern states electricity services for over 28 years. Its competitive prices give homeowners and business owners another option to consider when thinking about saving on their monthly utility bills.

• Managed energy program: Santanna’s managed energy program uses index and fixed pricing to make sure you save the maximum amount on your energy bill. These rate plans prevent you from having to potentially pay more if the market trends upward.

• Security: Santanna Energy has many licenses and certifications to safely operate throughout the Midwest. It is accredited with the Better Business Bureau, licensed as an Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (ARES) and an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS) and certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC).

• Customer service: Santanna strives to make customer service their top priority. Its customer service team is based in the Midwest and will help you access your online account, deal with damage claims and more.

• Payment options: With Santanna Energy, you can choose from multiple payment options. You can pay by phone with a credit card or by mail with a check, money order or cashier’s check with an enclosed copy of your account information.

• Going green: Santanna helps reduce our global footprint by offering paperless communications via email. Customers wanting to make the switch to paperless communication can email or call the customer service department.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team