toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Tracie,

Thank you very much for the positive review. We are glad to hear that you are experiencing the benefits of a fixed rate with Santanna, especially in these cold winter months!

Sincerley,

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I used Consumers Energy before and their price was going through the roof. If I was still with them, I would still be paying my winter bill when winter hit. But when I started using Santanna, I got a fixed rate so my bills were paid every month and I wasn't behind at wintertime because I got a good and reasonable rate with them. It's worked out for me so I've stuck with them ever since because of that. Also, their customer service people are great. Everybody's wonderful there and have always been very helpful. Santanna is a darn good company and I have recommended them to all my family and friends. They're out to help the people which I don't think Consumers Energy is.

Mary,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you're satisfied with our natural gas services and are considering our electric services as well!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

My contract with my previous distributor was expiring and I noticed that Santanna's rate was lower. It was very easy enrolling with them and I did it over the phone. I went with them for gas and I was extremely happy with that choice. When my electric contract expires, I will be considering Santanna too because I'm not really pleased with the way the company I'm with does business. I have nothing in writing with them. With Santanna, they send me a copy of the contract and the dates so I have something to keep track of and I appreciate that.

I had a question one time because about a week or two after I enrolled, they came out with a much lower rate and I was a little irritated about that. I emailed them and someone responded right away. Customer service was tremendous and Rebecca was most pleasant. She gave me her phone number and their extension. She explained how the rates change frequently which I was not aware of. Everything was explained in the email. Rebecca also told me that they would give me the lower rate. All my dealings have been very pleasant with Santanna and I'm extremely happy.

Constance,

Thank you very much for the positive review! We are very glad to hear that you've stuck around for the natural gas and even signed up for our electric services! We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I was with Santanna Energy for several years as I had gas with them already. I had a little note on the papers that I have to call every year to see if I can keep that rate or get a better rate. So I called them and the gentleman I talked to gave me a better rate for our gas. When I was renewing with them, we got to talking about our electric service, and he said he could take care of that also so I got everything all in one spot and I love it.

We had Verde Energy before for our electric service. I asked the customer service rep a bunch of questions and he answered all of them. He was very kind, courteous, and helpful and extremely considerate of my being a senior, and I appreciated that very much. And he gave me the best price. So I signed up with Santanna too for our electric service and I'm looking forward to a much better bill. Enrolling with them was very easy. We had two gas bills and three electric bills, and he took care of everything, so I couldn't have been happier and I am very grateful. It was a great experience.

Enrolling with Santanna has been a wonderful experience. Compared to my previous energy provider, Santanna is better. Our bill has a huge difference from before. Their customer service has been outstanding. They always answer my questions and help me with what I need. Overall, it has been perfect.

I switch to Santanna so I could get a cheaper gas rate but it's still over $100. I get this fee that I haven't gotten off my bill and I have paid it twice now. I was referred to Santanna by the person I live with and I moved about half mile away and she still gets the fee. But she said that on the bill, it's supposed to say Santanna and how much they took off. But it wasn't on there and I paid my bill about a week ago and that was about $112. But before that, it was $150. I know it will drop off shortly because the season has almost ended.

I had good luck with Santanna Energy and with what I've seen around they had competitive prices. So, instead of switching every often when there are better offers, I stayed with them. When their customer service rep talked to me, it was great. He answered everything I needed and took care of everything the way I wanted it.

The person who talked to us is very good person. He explained to me everything, and he’s very professional and knowledgeable so we signed in with Santanna. I’ve been telling people about Santanna but I don’t know if they want to listen to me or not, but it’s their loss ‘cause Santanna is awesome! There was a time that I moved from one place to another and they waived the termination fee after I explained to them what’s happening. I'm staying with them. I was talking to one person in Ohio Edison and they were saying, “Compare Ohio Edison to Santanna,” and I said, “No, I want Santanna."

A fellow from Santanna came and walked in to my house since then, I have been with them for a couple of years now. Enrolling with them was easy and my interactions with their customer service reps were wonderful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Somebody from Santanna came to my door since then, I've been with them for a couple of years now. Their customer service reps are nice and helpful and their rates are fine and competitive.

A fellow came knocking on the door one day and at the time Santanna's rate was better than GTE so I switched to them. I've been with them for about three years now and my usual interactions with the CS reps have been okay. I talked to them recently about switching back because their rates were quite a bit higher than GTE’s and they told me I could wait a month or so before I call them back for some reason. We’ll see what happens because their rep couldn’t give me their recent price and I guess that’s why I have to call back to get what their price is gonna be for the next few months.

Dianne,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that any issues you had with our services were taken care of.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I enrolled with Santanna Energy Services for my electricity because I like the price they quoted me. There is a huge difference in their rates compared to my old service provider. It was very easy to enroll with them. However, they failed to tell me that there was a monthly administration fee. After I got my second bill with that fee on it, I called Santanna and the guy explained everything to me courteously and took care of things right away. He even gave me a lower rate.

We had someone help us find the best rate and Santanna had the best rate. We've been with Santanna for a couple of years now. My interactions with their customer service reps have been fine and easy and their rates and prices have been pretty good. They offered some type of policy and I need to remember to call them this summer and lower the lock-in the rate when it's less demand. So, everything’s been fine.

The services from Santanna Energy sounded good at first. They were my gas during winter time and enrolling for their service was fast. However, they said that they're cheaper just to get customers on board, but it turns out their competitor was lower. They're around 329 or 359 for their gas, but it's around 590 for Santanna Energy. I did talk to somebody later on about that and they did try to lower it a little bit, but it was still higher than what Consumers Energy was. I also get a protection plan where they'll give me a certain rate to pay on winter. Then I'd receive a different type of rate when we're not using the furnace during spring or summer, which works better. I was very dissatisfied with Santanna Energy and they should keep their customers happy by competing with Consumer Energy's truthfulness and lowering their rate.

Charles,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Santanna Energy was cheaper than Michigan so I enrolled for their gas service and it was easy. I didn't have any problems switching over to them from Michigan. When I talked to their customer service about the price, they were courteous and were able to send it really fast. Overall, my experience with them has been great.

Santanna Energy was one of the lower ones when I looked up energy services online hoping that we could possibly save a little bit of money. We signed up and then they sent out a welcome packet. Then everything was supposed to go over within the next billing cycles and the electric was switched over but the gas wasn't. They didn't know why and kept resubmitting the account number and they even said that they had the wrong account number. It was the right account number. It turns out they had the wrong gas supplier then and they tried to blame me for that. I explained to them that it was Dominion Gas through East Ohio Gas for the billing, but they didn't understand it. We finally found someone for that a couple of weeks ago. However, they were gonna charge me a higher rate when they tried to reconnect it, so we let go of the gas service. Other than that, everything else is fine. They were polite and courteous and they did try to help.

James,

Thank you for the review, we are glad to hear you have returned as a Santanna customer!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Santanna Energy is 20 cents cheaper than Comet, so I went with them. And then, I went with IGS because they were beating Santanna by 10 cents. However, I started getting notices to get the cheaper rate with Santanna, so I got them again. Enrolling with Santanna was fine. There was nothing hard about it. Everything was very fast. Everybody at Santanna has been wonderful all the time. My experience has been very pleasant. I've also recommended Santanna to others.

Robert,

Thank you for the review, we are glad to hear that an issue regarding a fee was worked out!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I'd like to have solar panels on my house, but after weighing it all out, we're not going to be here long enough to make them pay for themselves, so I looked into energy services. The city contracts out with other contractors and they let us know that they're no longer going to be with Constellation. I didn't want to get in the higher rates and Santanna seemed to be competitive with their rates so I went with them. Somebody called me about Santanna and then I found out that they didn't tell me that every month they would be getting $10 for their company for calling. So, I called Santanna myself and the guy was very helpful. He enlightened me on the $10 fee I was being charged that I shouldn't be charged. Other than that, enrolling with them was very easy. Everybody has been personable and more than polite. And, the energy seems to be flowing and all is well.

Ann,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our natural gas services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We received a flyer in the mail for Santanna Energy and we looked into them due to the rates they had listed there. We went with their natural gas service and enrolling with them was a good experience. Their staff were very helpful and very thorough in their explanations. It was a pretty simple process and it didn't take long. The customer service people were easy to work with and were very easy to understand. There were no surprises like extra fees and I'm very satisfied.

Sharon,

Thank you for the review, we're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our customer service department!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Santanna staff were very helpful and nice. Their customer service person was extremely knowledgeable. They gave me the rates. I told them what I was getting and what I was paying now then we worked things out. We were very happy.

Delia,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear you're satisfied with our customer service team and our rates!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I'm very happy with Santanna. Customer service team has been very courteous and professional. Very nice people that Santanna has hired. As soon as the phone rings, they do not keep you waiting unlike other places that you have to wait. The most that I like about Santanna is the price quote they're giving me. Sometimes they're a little high, depending on when you enroll. I'm very happy especially with the quotes that I have right now for my electricity. I did call ComEd and Peoples Gas before taking this decision but they told me they were going to raise the prices. I would recommend Santana because if I am saving, why not the other people that I recommend save also.

Robert,

Thank you for the positive review. If you are looking for help regarding reading your natural gas bill, or comparing your price to Consumers, feel free to give us a call at 800-764-4427.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It's been such a long time ago since we enrolled with Santana. I talked with them a month ago concerning the difference between Santana and going straight through Consumers Energy. Now, Consumers Energy says it would be cheaper 'cause I'd be cutting off the middleman, but Santana said I would be paying more if I went directly through Consumers Energy. I haven't found out the answer to that question yet but everything went smoothly and they're very efficient.

My bill is so high so I switched my residential electric service to Santanna. Their rate was cheaper while the other one I had was not great. I decided that even though I was fined $50 for switching over to Santanna, that I’d make it up within a year or so. I was also told that I could do gas with them and they told me that Nicor Energy was the same as Nicor Gas but it’s not, and they are gonna charge $50 if I switch so I didn’t go with gas.

Their customer service was good and personable. The only thing is that they said they would follow up with me about the gas and I guess they realized they had misrepresented it so they never called me back about the gas. Like all things, one can’t take people’s word for such and has to verify it with the other company. The enrollment process was fairly easy and they were helpful in other ways. They were good in the sense of comparing rates to what I was paying so I’m hoping that it works out all right as I go forward. I’m satisfied so far.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the review! We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the billing cycle. If you have any questions or concerns, our customer service team is willing to help! Give us a call at 800-764-4427.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Santanna Energy had a better rate and it was easy enrolling with them. However, there was something I questioned because when I switched a while back, I told them not to switch over to the new one till my next billing cycle. Santanna said that would be okay and they said it wouldn’t go through till the next billing cycle. But it went through sooner and I got charged a $75 fee from the other company. When I tried to contact Santanna over it, I got a little bit of the runaround. Then I gave up on it and paid the fee. But the experience has been fine other than that one incident.

Alan,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that everything was explained to you very thoroughly and that you are satisfied with our services.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

Santanna Energy have been around for a while, and I talked to somebody who works for Commonwealth Edison to find out what these energy services are all about. They explained to me what’s happening in the industry, and based on that, I decided to go with a fixed rate. Enrolling was very easy. It was mostly done for me. I just had to answer a few questions. They asked questions for verification and that was it.

Critical things were explained to me very clearly. Like when I sign up, if along the way I change my mind, it’s just only good for a year and after that year, I can change or drop it if I chose. It was made very clear to me and that was important for me to know I'm not signing up to something that’s gonna be a long term contract like a cellphone type deal. The customer service team was very courteous and answered all my questions. I had a little bit higher degree of confidence that what I was being told was the truth. I didn’t think they were trying to hide anything from me when they're telling me something.

Kelly,

Thank you for the positive review, we are glad to hear you were locked into a new low rate! We hope to continue to provide service to you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

We've been with Santanna Energy for a couple of years now and we've been very pleased with them. But our neighbors had a lower rate than what we had. Then somebody called and talked to us about the rate but I remembered I had not heard from Santanna because normally they'd call. And when I called a couple of weeks ago, I found out that we had not been locked into the new rate yet. So since we've been a customer for a couple of years now, they gave us even a lower rate. Then we locked that price in for 12 months. Everybody that I talked to was very nice. Anybody that's ever called from their facility has been very helpful and done whatever needed to be done in order to be able to keep our services. So we've been very pleased. I hope they keep calling us every year so we can lock in that low rate. I would recommend Santanna Energy to anybody.

Raymond,

Thank you for the review, we're glad to hear you are receiving the benefits of our fixed natural gas rates!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The gas at one time was expensive so we got Santanna Energy to get in on the rate. I wanted to reduce my bill and it seemed to work out. My daughter had it done for me and as long as the bills are down, I got no problem. Santanna is the best as they're doing the job right and I'm getting savings

I was paying quite a bit more per unit through Nicor Gas that was in the area, and then I got an advertisement in the mail for Santanna, which they got me a cheaper cost per unit. It was a deal to save money and that was the entire reason that I went with Santanna. They have been good with the rates and as long as they stay good, I'll stay with them. But if somebody comes up with a better rate, then I'll more than likely go.

Denise,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you renewing for another year with Santanna Energy Services! We hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I signed up with Santanna after seeing facts about them but this last time when I was renewing with them, I saw online that there was another company that was lower than them. I called Santanna and the representative told me there’s nothing she could do about it but I still went ahead and renewed for another year because I wanted to get it off my plate.

Daniel,

Thank you for the positive review! We are glad to hear that your experience with enrolling was very simple and we hope to continue to service you in the future.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

It is very nice any time we can cut some of the energy bill down, especially in the winter and summertime. We run our air conditioner most of the time since we've been having some hot days. The young lady who talked with me over the phone about Santanna's energy services sounded so nice. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. It was also very easy to enroll. All I had to do was read off to them what my bill was and they took it from there. The customer service reps were very nice. I have nothing but nice things to say about Santanna.

Richard,

Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear everything was straightened out in our customer service department. If you would like to get an update as to your welcome packet, please call 800-764-4427 to speak to a customer service representative.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

So far, I've had a fine experience with Santanna. The first rep I talked to, however, lied to me so I couldn't recommend the company at all. Emma said I was gonna pay a separate amount of $700 which is very high but that if I go on along with them, I'd get a discount, like a third of what the other bill was. So I went for that but I couldn't find my bill that day. I found out it was an e-bill so I printed it out and when I looked at it, I was already getting their service at a lower rate than what she was offering me.

So I called back and talked to a second rep, Rebecca, who seemed very knowledgeable. She tried to explain everything and I very much agree with her. When I told her what had happened, she said that that was not right at all. She then checked and I actually had a cheaper bill which was $140. Rebecca then straightened it out. However, I was told I'd receive paperwork like a contract but I never have. It should have been here long ago.

Alvin,

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to hear that you are a price savvy customer and we encourage you to check our rates regularly!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

The bills are high here in Michigan during winter, so we looked into energy services with the best rate that we can get and that was our idea for going to Santanna. The enrollment process wasn't too bad and their customer service was good. I changed companies from DTE to Santanna and had to pay $10. We're happy with them and I'm going to stick with them as long as they don't change their prices. I just want to keep the lower price and if they raise it all of a sudden, then I'm going to hunt for something else. But for now, I’m fairly satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Wilma,

Thank you for the review! We do send out renewal letters and renewal email notifications to our customers to let them know their fixed rate contract is coming to an end. This should help you in knowing that you should renew on a new fixed rate.

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I like Santanna's rate and I found that it was cheaper than DTE Gas. However, I have to sign up every year. And if I forget and sign up later, then the rates go up. It's too bad I have to seek out better rates and have to do it every so often. It would be nice if you could lock it in.

Garry,

Thank you for the positive review!

Santanna Energy Services

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Enrolling with Santanna was easy and so far, it's been a satisfactory and good experience.

Santanna Energy Services Company Profile