2. Homeowners

Pennsylvania

4.0/5 (182 ratings)

About PECO Energy Company

PECO Energy Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I can never get a hold of them. I keep calling, waiting for a representative and after 30 to 40 minutes it hangs up. This has happened too many times. When I do get somebody on the phone they give me a completely different story than the last person, but each swears their info is correct and not the other. I've been told I have 5 days to pay because they typed a shutoff 10 days ago... How am supposed to know that. Why wouldn't it take effect the date it was received? That's not a 10 day notice then is it? I have also been spoken down to which is new for me but I suppose they're so big the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

PECO was suppose to come out between 12pm-5pm to turn on my meter so I can get hot water & heat in my new place. They come at 8am! I would never tell them to come in the morning as it’s freezing and I have to drive an hour to be there. So now I have to wait 5 days till the next appointment! PECO???!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

We (and all of our neighbors) were notified that our power would be out for 6 hours from 8 am to 2 pm today on September 14th for maintenance and upgrades. The power never went out and the scheduled work was never performed. Many people spent a lot of time preparing for this scheduled outage. I am a teacher teaching from home every day. Electric and internet are essential in this environment. I spent several hours breaking down my home office and moving it to an alternate location for the day.

After teaching all day, I had to pack it all up again and move it back home. Several others were in similar situations. It was apparently all for nothing and we interrupted our lives, and then the work was never performed as the power never went out at all. After all the phone calls warning that the power would be out all day, not even a single courtesy call the day before saying the work could not be done as scheduled would have saved a lot of people a lot of grief. That is not an acceptable way to do business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Every time we lose service it takes days to be restored. I report the outage with no feedback! Eventually I check in and it gives estimated restoration for days later with no description of the problem. Next they typically restore prior and let us know a day later that they did this. PECO just sent crews to Florida to react to tropical storm when they are completely incapable of handling anything on a local basis! I have a condo in Florida and get up to the minute status reporting on outages! No right to treat customers this way and should be penalized for its incompetence!

Original review: June 8, 2020

PECO couldn’t care less about its customers. The robot always answers the phone. Do they even have employees? Service seems limited to collecting bills. After a recent storm my power and my neighbors’ was out for over 4 days. Peco was not prepared at all to restore power. Try living for four days without power for refrigeration, cooking, washing & drying clothes, internet, cell, vacuuming, lighting (living in darkness after 8 p.m.), air conditioning in 90 degree weather, alarm clock, etc. PECO should have to pay for our lost food, eating out, taking clothes to laundry and even loss of enjoyment of everyday activities. They cost us and many others a lot of dough because of their ineptitude. That’s the power of a monopoly. We have no other choice but to use the biggest loser called PECO!

Original review: June 7, 2020

Very unhappy with PECO. Lost power Weds midday... End of Saturday night and still no power. Told every day that it will be ready that night at 11pm and then nothing. Date gets pushed back again and again. Now new date is Sunday June 7th 11pm. Just giving another sense of false hope. There are still many unhappy people in the area without power. This is ridiculous. More resources need to be put on this. PECO should have been better prepared. What a total disappointment!!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

I lost power almost 24 hours ago and there is still no crew scheduled to fix it, and the estimated fix time is MULTIPLE DAYS from now. Peco does NOT care about their customers and has awful customer service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

On Thanksgiving morning at around 9am 2019, I heard the transformer blow out on my street. The whole block was out and my wife was just about to put turkey in oven. I called the PECO emergency line. Around 9:30am I stepped out to get coffees from Dunkin Donuts around the corner. I got back around 9:45am and as I pulled into my street, I noticed a PECO truck parked at the transformer. I honked at the technician as he was in his truck, he rolled down the window, I said, "I'm the one who called. I think the fuse blew out." He said "it's already back", then winked.

I swear, as he winked I noticed a Halo around his head, LOL, JK! I thanked him (actually wanted to hug him) and wished him a Happy Thanksgiving because he saved our Thanksgiving, Thank you to that technician (wish I knew his name) and thank you PECO ENERGY, who came out and fixed an outage within an hour on Thanksgiving Day, unheard of!!!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I have never dealt with such a horrible company. I called them three weeks before my move to inform them of changing my service over. They assured me that everything would be ready on time. I close, go into my new home and there is no gas. I contact them and there is a lock on the meter and after two days of going back and forth with them and getting different stories every time I finally on Saturday get an appointment for the next Friday. I wait all week in the cold and of course no one shows up or calls on Friday. After an hour of fighting with them I now have to wait until Monday when it's going to be very cold all weekend. Thank you for making buying my dream home such a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Called to open an account in both mine and my wife's name. Customer rep cut me off immediately and just transferred me without permission to a third company that tried to sell me some random warranties. Is this a joke? Have not been treated this crudely by customer service ever. Nice welcome to PECO. Maybe I should switch to propane electric.

PECO Energy Company author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PECO provides utility service for the Philadelphia-region and southeastern Pennsylvania. They have served Pennsylvania for over 130 years.

• Assistance programs: PECO has options for low income customers who struggle to pay their energy bills every month. Customers can apply for assistance, whether they have low income or are experiencing temporary financial hardship.

• Gift electricity: Friends, family members and neighbors can gift electricity to someone in need. Pay any amount you want towards a loved one’s energy bill.

• Outage alerts: Sign up to receive outage alerts on your mobile device, so you always know when power is down in your area. Check the status of your power outage from PECO’s website, which is available on mobile devices as well as desktops.

• Multi-family incentives: Receive a free energy assessment and installation of energy-saving devices and products when you own a property with four or more units. Multi-family property owners can also enjoy incentives when they install or upgrade their current appliances and equipment to high-efficiency, energy-saving equipment.

• Online energy audits: Perform an energy audit on your home or business from PECO’s website. This can help you understand how you currently use energy so you can alter your usage to save money and conserve energy.

PECO Energy Company Company Information