PECO Energy Company

Stars Rating

• 7%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 17, 2024

Much like most of the reviewers here, it’s a shame that most people are stuck with no choice but to be forced to have PECO / Exelon provide power to people in the Philly/SE Pa area. While rates are sky high transmission/distribution (both systems/equipment requires updating but very few updates are being done) 4th highest - might even be 3rd highest now in the nation!?! Also on bills they sneak additional charges, like a vermin company that they are. I have over $2k of added charges that they refuse to give back.

I called the Utility Energy Commission- which also are incompetent and they said they can’t do nothing? What!?!? You were formed to protect the consumer from being gouged & ripped off, but they too are exactly like the greedy and dishonest company like PECO. You want good customer and expedient service? No, it doesn’t exist with this company. Vial and incompetent employees ie street people they employ. Thank God I’m moving out of state soon, and leave this completely wretched company behind!! I couldn’t give them zero stars but I think one star rating is way too high imho.

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Extremely difficult to get anyone on the phone, app never works, can't get a paper bill to check if I'm even being charged correctly. Login online hasn't worked in some time now. Reps state they are aware the portals and apps suck but oh well. Feel the bill is outrageous but no way go fact-check anything since I can't get a proper bill to view. Absolute garbage of a company.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

PECO is the worst company on the planet. I was on the phone with them for over three hours because they shut off my power. I have never had such worse customer support in my entire life. They were incompetent and sound like robots with all the repeating they do. No one knows how to effectively communicate at this company. After they finally resolved my power issue, I called again because I could not sign into my account. They said it should work in a couple days because their servers are down. It's been over a week and I still cannot sign in and pay my bill. When I called again they were useless and could not resolve and had no idea how to open up my account. Not a single feature works on that stupid app.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The worst a bunch of idiots on customer service line. I called them for more than 10 times but unfortunately all off them was the same. It's like they collected them from the streets. No education. Even doesn't know how to talk.

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I don’t know when the PECO added auto monthly payment to me. I’ve been regular mail for many years. And then I paid by mail and added my cancellation payment for 3 months, call the Peco and waited for a long time and finally found help me to wave only 20 dollars and when I received statement they still not take away 20 dollars on top that added another 20 dollars! It’s so disappointed! What a terrible company and customer service!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 10, 2024

l call PECO of Philadelphia to turn my electricity on in one of my rental property on April 2, and they give me appointment window from 7am to 12pm. It took me 45 mins to drive to the rental property. I was there 7am and I call them around 11:24 to know when they will show up. To my surprise I was told that they over book the appointment and they no one will come over, so I rescheduled to Monday and the same thing happens again. Call again for Tuesday. No one show up and I call again and make appointment for Friday which is today, no one show up. They told me is all day appointment that someone will come in from 7am-12am, I think they are idiots for them to think that I will allow someone to come to dark house. They are monopoly that's why they didn't care about their customers.

Staff

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I absolutely HATE PECO. They are willing to shut you off for owing a dollar. On top of this I paid $200 online to avoid a shut off only to find out that the payment had to be P2P. I paid the P2P payment and was told that the other $200 would be credited back to my account 5-10 business days. Never saw that money ever again. These people are thieves and liars and as God is my witness I will never EVER do business with them again.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I spoke with Alisha at customer services, she was great! I had issues with my power and she got my power on up and running quickly. Efficient and capable on a Saturday. She did great and I am very appreciative.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed April 13, 2024

PECO are liars. If they tell you you’ll get a rebate for installing a heat pump don’t believe a word they say. We got ours installed then came time for the $600 rebate and they fought us the whole time. We did everything they asked and for months wouldn’t give the rebate. Then when they knew they were wrong they gave us $50 out of $600. All they do is overcharge and take your money. So if you can go with another company definitely do so cause these creeps are scumbags.

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Double billed my account, which I'm assuming was caused by them updating their billing system. Called; I was told I'd be sent a refund check in 5-10 business days. It's been well over 30 days, no check, and when I call, I get a different answer every time about whether the check was mailed or not, was told no check # exists so they can't even see where it is at, etc. To boot, now my account says I owe over $800 -- so looks like when they issued the check, they double-billed me AGAIN. Customer service could care less about assisting, and we completely disinterested in helping me. Disgusting that this company holds a monopoly in our state knowing they can pull dirty tricks like this.

PECO Energy Company author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PECO provides utility service for the Philadelphia-region and southeastern Pennsylvania. They have served Pennsylvania for over 130 years.

• Assistance programs: PECO has options for low income customers who struggle to pay their energy bills every month. Customers can apply for assistance, whether they have low income or are experiencing temporary financial hardship.

• Gift electricity: Friends, family members and neighbors can gift electricity to someone in need. Pay any amount you want towards a loved one’s energy bill.

• Outage alerts: Sign up to receive outage alerts on your mobile device, so you always know when power is down in your area. Check the status of your power outage from PECO’s website, which is available on mobile devices as well as desktops.

• Multi-family incentives: Receive a free energy assessment and installation of energy-saving devices and products when you own a property with four or more units. Multi-family property owners can also enjoy incentives when they install or upgrade their current appliances and equipment to high-efficiency, energy-saving equipment.

• Online energy audits: Perform an energy audit on your home or business from PECO’s website. This can help you understand how you currently use energy so you can alter your usage to save money and conserve energy.

PECO Energy Company Company Information