1.10/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

707 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

My wife and I visited Gatlinburg in March 2019. While there we stopped in Kroger to get some groceries and as we were leaving we stopped by a kiosk where a lady had a bunch of brochures for activities around the area. Being a family of six we knew our money would not get us very far with all the attractions and high prices. The lady told us she could get us 50-60% off of attractions if my wife and I agreed to sit in a presentation for 2 hours. Immediately I pushed for us to leave knowing it was a timeshare scam but my wife convinced me that we wouldn’t say yes and two hours for two things we otherwise wouldn’t be able to do would be worth it.

So the next morning we attended an earlier time so we could be out of there sooner. We were greeted with “free” coffee before we headed up to the main conference room where a lady sat us down and began asking general questions. As soon as we mentioned our kids she persisted on asking more about our vacations with them and how life is short blah blah blah. We then went to another room where another salesman talked to us and had us watch a video. Up to this point it wasn’t bad but I knew what was coming.

When the video ended we took a tour of the “rooms” that we would be offered if we bought into the program. First error we saw was she told us the rooms were presidential suites but when we were in the room she suddenly started calling it a studio loft? After the tour we went back and sat at a table with what was now another salesman and the lady that walked us around. She sat quietly as the sales guy began his pressure talk. In the middle of him joking and relating to us (gag) another guy walked by giving him a paper to which he immediately shoved under the table. He joked with us some more then brought it out casually. A credit check. (More gagging). I crossed my arms and said I was not having my credit ran because I had worked hard to bring it up to buy a house. Whatever you do, do NOT let them credit check you.

After I said no I told him where my credit was at and that if he wanted to show me his program tiers that we would just have to go on my word. He left and never came back. Instead we saw him go on to another table. Then we are given the different tier plans by another sales guy. This guy was here to make the deal. Pulled out every tactic in the book. Even went as far as saying if we didn’t do this we didn’t want what was best for our kids. We stayed persistent with our NO’s and eventually they gave up. We got up and the lady said we would need to be checked out and again we are taken to a table where another sales guy began giving us a survey.

At the end he asks if the lady told us about the trial membership... No? How convenient! So now we are sitting for another 20 minutes to tell us about this much more affordable option. At this point my wife was seeming more interested in something that was more affordable and less contract oriented. I had a real bad feeling and told her there was no way right there I could say yes. Surprisingly enough the man agreed to let us go home and think about it. We got our discount tickets and went on our way. When I got home I found these reviews and I am so glad we didn’t give into these guys. I just feel bad for the couple that we saw agree to the program. (They announced it to everyone.)

Original review: March 20, 2019

Attention to those of you who are unaware of the scam that Wyndham Vacation Resorts is running & I strongly advise that you avoid this company at all cost... I won't bore you guys with the long details of my horror story dealing with them but Let's say that getting a refund from them is so far beyond HELL THAT SATAN HIMSELF WOULDN'T DEAL WITH THEM!! What company makes you send out a handwritten letter in order to receive a refund & then turn around after a 2 week follow up & say, "Oh BTW you needed a Post Office receipt for the letter you handwritten as proof that you mailed it out to us."

Like excuse me What?? Now I myself should had known right then & there to contact my Credit Card Company (STILL WILL) from the moment these Wyndham snakes ask me to write a letter for money that's rightfully mine. If they took it electronically & they need to give it back the same way. These people are con artist & will most certainly make payday off of you so please heed my warning & AVOID, AVOID, AVOID BY ALL MEANS. They don't even deserve 1⭐.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 20, 2019

They make it so easy to get into these memberships, but getting out is a completely different story. I inherited mine from my parents. After years of paying $800 a year in membership dues and never, ever being able to book a stay in a desirable property, I put my membership up for sale on RedWeek. I priced it low and it sold quickly.

Then the fun started. The deal went into escrow in mid-August of 2018. The escrow company, and I, had to deal with the title department at Worldmark. The process of transferring title has taken 7 months and it is still going on! Every time I had to interact with them, and it was numerous times, it would take them anywhere from 1-2 months to respond, if they responded at all. For whatever reason, they couldn't provide the needed documentation all at once... It had to be requested in stages.

For example, I waited more than a month to get a "special" form from them that asked for nothing more than the contact info for the buyer and seller. But eventually I received my proceeds from closing and presumed the deal was completed. Wrong. Even though the escrow company told me the dues from Q4 were to be rolled into the closing statement, Worldmark did not credit the payment and put me in collection. Without bothering to tell anybody, of course, as is their custom. So now I owe dues from Q4, a collection fee, and because Worldmark has sat on it _again_ for a month, I will owe another quarter of dues.

This company is a trainwreck. The only thing they do well is upsell and hound users about "member education" events, where they can sell you more points you will only be able to use in garden spots like Fresno or one of their dumps like Palm Springs. Worldmark needs to acquire the Hotel California, because you can check in any time you want but you can never leave.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Arrived 3/9-3/15. We were very unhappy with Tidewater. The lack of being able to park on the 2nd floor garage when I paid for a 2nd floor unit started this whole thing. Having never been here, the front desk did not make any sense in explaining what we needed to do nor was there any communication to us prior to arrival that the 2nd floor was being pressure washed and repainting lines. We arrive in this unit to find mildew in the bath and shower of both bathrooms. The sofa in this unit is FILTHY. I had shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. If I could not sleep in the bed, which has been how it is at home, I sleep on the couch sitting up. There is no way I will sleep on this one! he red wall in the kitchen is nasty too. We wanted coffee last night. Guess what? The coffee maker didn’t work. I had to go buy one at the dollar store AFTER having just come from Walmart.

Last but not least, see the final pics of my husband’s feet. Mine were this way too. This is after we had been walking around this unit with bare feet. We had not been outside at all. So before we could go to bed, we had to wash our feet. Needless to say, I am wearing flip flops in this supposedly “cleaned” unit so my feet don’t turn black again.

All of this is totally unacceptable for the amount of money we paid to stay here. We come here with my son’s high school ball team every year. This will be the one and only time we stay at Tidewater. On Sunday the 10th, I emailed someone at Wyndham resorts and as of Monday 3/18, I have still not heard from her. On Monday 3/11, they sent a young lady in to clean the mildew in both bathrooms. She still didn’t get it all and then her idea of mopping the floor is to walk around the whole unit with a spray bottle and mop as she went.

Needless to say it was not clean after she got through. Apparently, no one’s ever taught her how to mop the floor. our feet were still dirty after she mopped the floor. So that leads me to wonder how many more units weren’t actually cleaned. There are plenty of other places in Panama City Beach to stay so we won’t be staying here again and apparently people‘s concerns are not a concern to them because you don’t hear anything back.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had to give a star to post this review. I will give them zero stars. Wish I could give minus stars. Do not buy into Wyndham Timeshare Ownership. It will not be worth the headache. They will tell you they have flexibility in planning your vacation anywhere anytime but that is not true. You have to book at minimum a year in advance and then you will be lucky if there is availability for your entire vacation.

They will invite you on special "VIP" weekends and then scam you into "upgrading" which is their version of sucking more money out of you. They may even open credit accounts in your name that you are not aware of until you get the first bill. I know this as fact because they did it to us. Their version of an upgrade is you will have to make another down payment. They will lie to you about services you're entitled to with your ownership and after the fact those services won't be available too because you do did not purchase enough points.

This is a contract you can never get out of. They will tell you you can get out of the contract but you have to continue to pay. They will even ask you to lie about your annual income so that you qualify. They will try to tell you that their timeshare program is the best because it is worldwide and you can travel anywhere and your children can inherit it. Keep in mind all timeshares are inheritable if you own them! Just a horrible company to work with and I would suggest running as far away as fast as you can if you are approached about a Wyndham timeshare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: March 1, 2019

Wyndham salespeople will do anything to make a sale. We quickly found out that 70,000 points was not going to get a family of 6 anywhere. Our salesperson at Glacier Canyon told us that our first salesperson screwed us over, and they were going to make it right. The sales office in Glacier Canyon told us to call them if we needed anything, but every time we call they do not ever answer our call. We have left several voicemails and never once received a returned call. Wyndham will promise anything you want to hear just to make a sale. They never intend to keep any of their promises. All they care about is taking your money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

STAY AWAY PLEASE for YOUR OWN SAFETY AND COMFORT. I have had an absolutely horrible experience with Wyndham. I signed up for a vacation package with Wyndham Resorts for a stay at the Wyndham in NYC. Prior to participating in this sales pitch for their timeshares I had the opportunity to stay at two Wyndham properties in Atlanta, Georgia and Manama, Bahrain. Between the both I encountered blood stained sheets, hair on the bath towels, phones not working, bed bugs, dirty and mildew in the showers, and a very non-responsive and indifferent management. When I attempted to cancel my “vacation package” I was told I cannot. They also said that the Wyndham properties are not the same as the vacation properties. I asked if both were owned by the same shareholders and I was told yes. I asked if both reported to the same CEO and Chairman, I was told yes.

The response from the Orlando Fla staff and the Corporate Office was deplorable, defensive, intentionally misleading and not very honest. I did mention to them that I was an educated person and capable of self-recognition but was still treated in a very patronizing manner. I strongly recommend booking all your hotel stays and “vacation travel packages” with a non Wyndham property. Also check your bed for bugs and sheets with blood stains and your towels for someone else’s hair. Check your phone and make sure all the light bulbs work prior to accepting the room. Also do not order an omlet from room service. In Atlanta is not delivered on a tray or table and you must eat it off your bed and in Bahrain it is served burnt with none of the “extras” you asked to be included.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Wyndham Timeshare Nightmare, this is, of course, one of the biggest mistakes ever... Now, after 10 months w/ Timeshare Exit Team, who says it will get us out, I want to look at recouping the massive amount of $$$ spent AND punitive damages. Please, any referrals to existing action(s) or anyone interested in starting one.TY, Bill.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My husband and I attended a presentation on November 6, 2018, while on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. The presentation got us thinking that what they said made sense. We want to travel more and thought this would afford us those opportunities. Our salesman David, appeared nice enough and was helpful during our discussion. We advised him that we couldn't afford to purchase right now but would think about it for the future. He pushed and pressured us into different ways we could finance the purchase that day.

Reluctantly, we purchased and made the biggest mistake of our lives. All the information provided to us during our sales pitch was a complete lie! We did not realize this until we returned home and began receiving information from Wyndham. I immediately contacted our salesman and the quality assurance manager, who both told me there was nothing I could do but suggested I contact the main office in Orlando. I contact them immediately to have our case reviewed to get out of our contract. Today, February 20, 2019, 4 months later! They tell me I'm stuck with it but because of all the hassle they'll pay my maintenance fees for the year. I want nothing to do with this company and want to sell. I will be researching resale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Came to a hotel on vacation and was told we had to come and get our “welcome package”. Ultimately we agreed to do a two hour timeshare consultation to get points towards free nights at a hotel and for some tickets. I’ll point out the pros first and then the cons. A free mediocre lunch. The speaker was pretty funny so it was somewhat entertaining. Our rep was very friendly.

Cons: We were told it was two hours but it ended up being three hours (vacation time is precious). They said there was no pressure and that you didn’t have to buy but then they try to force multiple options on you. After speaking with our one on one rep another person came over with the “offers”. They had no personality and seemed to get more and more angry when the answer remained no. Every time they were given a logical answer they tried to make a rebuttal, down to the point where they made it seem like I would ruin my kids' childhood memories because I was saying no. At this point I was completely done listening and I’m completely offended.

Ultimately they made everything look great; to the point where you really want to consider it but they give you no time to think it over and demand an answer on the spot. When you say no they bring out other options at a prorated amount with less days. This continues over a 20 minute period. Then they bring over another person with the survey and they try to sell you a final attempt package. After explaining my extremely logical and level headed reasons like a broken record, we were finally able to collect our points and tickets and leave.

Overall it went from a pretty good presentation to the feeling of unnecessary urgency... If they had given us time to think and research...they probably would have sold us. But when someone pushes something and doesn’t want you to think about it...it makes you think that they don’t believe in their offers and makes the place less appealing because they know you’re not going to like what you research.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Need help! Was in Las Vegas December 2018. Have been a owner for over 10 years. Long story short was fed lies and deceptions in order to sell me more points. Have written statement from a friend sitting with me during sales pitch and my sister over the phone (also a account owner). Was told I had $22K in "assessment fees" that will HAVE TO GET PAID. Turns out they used that line among other to deceive me into buying more points. Has anyone else received these lies? I need help!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In December 2018 I was in Orlando Universal Studio. A sales offered 7 nights at Margarita Villa in Puerto Rico for listening 1 hour presentation. Attended presentation and it was not appealing and I am already Hilton vacation owner. I rejected offer. A person came to take feedback. Said he is senior and wanted to take feedback and wanted us to consider another offer. 400,000 points without any commitment. Most attractive feature is it can be cancelled and you can make monthly payment as low as 60 dollars but should be completed before months. In that 24 months you can cancel at anytime as far as you have not started using the points. Since it can be cancelled at any time we bought it.

They bring contract papers one by one. First page itself I observed a discrepancy. Discrepancy was, sales person told us you can use this package even without paying one installment and once you use promotion you can pay it off in 24 months or before contract ends. But in the contract it was written that 1450 had to be paid minimum to activate promotional package. When we enquired about it he said you can mark it as not applicable. This is how they gain confidence and he brought last page where cancellation policy is written just before we left and got our signature. It was a catch and it says within 10 Days we have to cancel.

After vacation many few weeks later since I didn’t make payment and wanted to know how I make payment I called customer service then I got all information about cheating, mind game cheating. Cheating number 1 - cancellation is not for 24 months. It should be done within 10 days contractually. Cheating number 2 - entire amount 3800 dollars to be paid within 6 months or else they will charge interest rate for the whole amount. Please beware with this company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently booked a Wyndham hotel for one week through a 3rd party. (Hey, I like to save money!) Upon checkout from the hotel I asked the office personnel to please add the Wyndham Reward points onto my account. Their response was that I didn't qualify due to the fact that I booked my stay through a third party! So either you book directly through the hotel, pay full price and receive Wyndham points, or book through a 3rd party as save money from the get-go! It's no brainer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I rented a cabin called Nature's Paradise in December 2018. The cabin was supposed to be ready for a 4pm check in time but was not ready until 6pm. We were told that the linen had to be changed however the maids had not cleaned the unit at all. When we finally go in at 6pm we still could not enter because the floor were all wet from the recent mopping. After checking in we had to call twice regarding the heater. The temperature in the unit was in the 40s and going down instead of going up.

Finally at 11pm a A/C repairmen was sent out and he had to replace a part. We continually complained about the inoperable hot tub. The motor needed to be replaced. The hot tub vibrated the whole cabin. The noise was so loud we could not even sleep at night. The agency made a small compensation for their shortcomings however was not nearly enough for our inconvenience. The bottom line is that the heater & hot tub never did work properly. These mechanical items should have been inspected prior to anyone renting this unit. I will never do any business with Wyndham Vacation Rentals again!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We were approached by a friendly man at our hotel who asked us what we were in town (Las Vegas) for. When we told him, he wanted to give us a “gift” so he called over to the lady at the desk “Let’s give these two some tickets for a show.” So I’m on the hook... We hesitantly agree to a 2 hr 9am breakfast presentation and are assured it’s no pressure and “hey you get free breakfast and 5 show tickets.” We arrive shortly before 9 and check-in. They assign you a one on one salesman who acts like your best friend and tries to subtly dig into your personal life. Breakfast was cheap and portioned out for you - scrambled eggs, greasy potatoes, 2 sausage links, coffee or water.

The presenter was personable (former longtime bartender) and focused his spiel on - spend time with your family, don’t work too much, life is short, tomorrow’s never promised, blah blah blah. Anyways at this point it’s 10:30am and nobody has gotten to the point yet. You know - the $$$. We try to politely prod our sales rep to get to the point and drop the salesman tactics but he can’t. We originally agreed to touring the property Wyndham has in Vegas as part of our 2 hour presentation but at 10:49 with only 11 minutes left before our 2 hours was up we flat out refused.

That’s when our sales rep became a jerk, snide comments, tried to tell us we weren’t getting our tickets because we have to go to the resort, that we were late (not true) and the presentation didn’t start until almost 9:30 (not our problem). He also told us, "Next time don’t attend a timeshare presentation." Luckily my fiancée and I have no problem standing up for ourselves and demanded to speak with someone in charge. We took the high road and only focused on the promised 2 hour time frame and that we gave them their 2 hours and now we want what was promised us and to go enjoy our day in Vegas. The manager was friendly and nonconfrontational. She just told the man at the desk to get us our tickets and asked me to fill out a report for her. The show was good :) but NOT worth the aggravation. This is the short version of our experience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I went to a Wyndham timeshare presentation the end of December 2018 while on vacation with my family. I am currently a WorldMark timeshare owner for many years and have made it work well for my family vacation needs. Wyndham pitched to me what they touted as a “hybrid” timeshare ownership which they claimed would enhance my WorldMark ownership. They told me in their sales pitch about various advantages and it all sounded good. In summary it was presented To me as a “no additional cost” ability to use my WorldMark points to book Wyndham timeshare rooms on the same level as all current VIP Wyndham timeshare owners.

It all sounded good so I purchased some Wyndham points. They told me that the offer I was being presented would never be offered to me ever again if I did not choose to purchase one of the presented substantial discount price offers. Thank god Florida has a 10-day rescission law which allows timeshare purchasers to decide to cancel the purchase by merely sending a notice to the timeshare to cancel the purchase. I cancelled the purchase after the following discovery I did.

After doing my detailed review of the contract I could not find language in the contract that matched anything I was told that was important to me. My next step was to call the Wyndham new owner number and was connected to the appropriate locations to answer my questions accurately. I soon discovered that the details of what was represented to me was not accurate. I called three times over three days and spoke to three different representatives. I wanted to ensure I was getting accurate information over the phone and I believe I did. I was on the phone 35 minutes to over an hour each time. This is the main issues I found out:

1. I was led to believe I could book Wyndham rooms using WorldMark points up to 13 months before check in day with no point transfer fee. FALSE. There is a $99.00 transfer fee in every case and the maximum advance booking for transferred points is only 9-months. 2. My new ownership will have access to book any Wyndham units with my WorldMark points. FALSE. There are only a few rooms made available in the Wyndham resorts that are allowed to be booked with WorldMark points and they are the “least” demand rooms with only a fraction of the total room count made available to WorldMark points.

3. I was told I could book reservations with one Wyndham point and use my WorldMark points to be added to the Wyndham booking fee free. This is totally false. It is not allowed to happen this way period. 4. I found out that at selected Wyndham resort locations you can book units using WorldMark points two weeks ahead of check in without unit restrictions. This only works if you pay the $99.00 transfer fee and book locations that still have availability. Good luck with that one. 5. I was told I would have VIP level 25% booking discount for both Wyndham and transferred WorldMark points when booking for the next two years. First off the discount don’t apply to WorldMark points at all and only applies to reservations made two months or less prior to occupancy. Good luck with that one.

There are other things I found to be not as represented. These are the ones that if were completely true without all of the restrictions would have been worth it to me. The timeshare sales department touted all of the advantages but failed to disclose all of the very bad restrictions which make the purchase just not worth it. Wyndham does not make it easy to get to the details of the restrictions so a buyer can make an informed decision. If these restrictions I have listed above would have been disclosed to me at the time of purchase I would not have wasted my time or the sales staff time. It’s too bad I had to go through a difficult discovery process the get the details. I believe most buyers fall prey to high handed deceptive sales tactics and don’t realize the mistake they made until they are stuck with the purchase.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I started my time trial timeshare 16 months ago and I'm beyond glad it's almost over in 2 months. These people are heartless and will lie all day to get your money. I was told in the beginning that my fiance and I would receive 5-6 free trips since we will be paying $120 per month for 18 months. Also, we could go to many different locations. In reality, we were able to go on TWO trips (Oregon and Oceanside) which are both nothing to write home about. I tried booking a 3rd trip which I couldn't do without paying more money. No matter how much you complain, they will never let you out of your contract prior to the 18 months being completed.

I honestly feel like this is the most corrupt, savage and lousy company I've ever dealt with and would rather work and McDonald's for the rest of my life before I give them another dollar in the future. It made more sense to pay for our own trips than pay them $120 per month for that long which got us two trips. Oh yeah and we can only go during times when it's raining or else they want us to use more points. Take my advice and never say yes to these people or you'll regret it 100% months later.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was at one of the theme parks and they were inside the park. From the start we were apprehensive, but the gentleman who claimed to be the supervisor promised it would be a 90 minute presentation, no pressure and offered a 7 nights free hotel stay and a $25 gift card in addition to our $40 refund. The sales rep was very nice, the head of the presentation was a comedian, made the presentation very fun, he said it would only take 45 minutes which was better than the 90 minutes we were willing to endure...

From 8am to 11:43am we were there. If you say No to the first offer, they'll offer you something else, if you say No then another offer comes, if you say No a 3rd time then another offer comes... 3 different gentlemen later and 6 NOs later we were finally able to leave. Personally this was too good to be true, is not worth my time and almost 4 hours I will never get back to spend with my family. I was told from the beginning "if you say no, I won't pressure you, you will be on your way". Don't tell me that if you are going to bring 3 different people and I have to repeat NO 6 times.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had purchased a certificate from Wyndham, resortcerts.com. This is valid for a year and I was wrongly promised that I would be getting 7 free nights at no cost at all, anywhere within USA. This was a ** lie, because when I logged into their portal, I saw that I was being charged for everything. They are charging per night basis even with the certificate! I just want to get a refund, because while purchasing this certificate, they had promised me free 7 nights. Without any extra payment at all!

Now it turns out to be some bogus scheme! Please take back my certificate and refund the money! These people even forced me to go to some ** Sales presentation of 2 hours!! They were forcing me to buy more memberships there! Even after I told them that I don't want to attend the presentation. They simply said that they will not give the certificate till then. I freaking paid like 70-100$ to buy the certificate and now I cannot even use it coz they lied to me, saying that I will get 7 free nights!! Fraudsters!! >.<

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have been a owner since early 90s, back when it was Fairfield in Orlando, it was nice, Now that Wyndham owns it, it has been the worst experience, The Mgr. at the Smokey Mtn. Resort, (which there has been several in the 10 years that I have been going there) was the worst. This was a getaway and Xmas present for my wife who had knee surgery, and still recovering, they wanted us in a 1 bedroom cracker box, they call a suite. They have changed their wording that now the 1 bedroom deluxe, is now the full size units. Their records even shows we, have never stayed in anything but a 1 bedroom deluxe. If I had the money and the time I feel a good attorney, could make a great case for a lawsuit and class action suit. My wife even heard a employee tell a guest regarding some changes from the CEO, possibly a takeover.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The room needs overhaul like painting and improving the bathroom. Other than that I enjoy my stay and the staff are friendly. The hotel is clean and will recommend to others needing low quality at better price.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Horrible experience. This company truly stinks and their customer service team provided zero help, complete lack of interest in helping, and a poor attitude. After three days of back and forth and the hotel advising us to call their support team, then having to wait additional days because they are closed on weekends, emailing the email address they refer to in their automatic recording, they were still not interested in assisting with an existing reservation over email or when I finally was connected to a representative this morning. After nearly a week we are still getting absolutely no help, we are now three days out from our check in date and very disappointed. Note, this is not a budget stay or a budget resort. After paying a premium for a 4 star experience we would likely have better service from an econo lodging provider. Advise: stay away if you expect any type of assistance with your vacation.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

DO NOT BUY WYNDHAM TIMESHARE POINTS! I never used a timeshare and went to a presentation. Started to believe in everything they were saying and purchased a contact. Everything our sales rep Clea was saying was all BIG LIE! Tried to make a reservation two months in advance at their Pocono resort and they had nothing available, but on any other websites there were availability! Apparently they had nothing available for the owners, but I could book as regular person and pay cash. The only discount I got is 30%. So I had to pay cash even though they gave me silver VIP owner status and other perks and I pay for this owner's contract!

I tried to make reservation at their resorts in MA, NH or nearby and all the winter weekends are booked! Some of their resorts don't have anything available until 2020 or nothing at all! They explain it as these are affiliate resorts and they have only few availability even though they are on their resorts map. If you try to book at RCI you need to transfer points and pay for it. It takes 2-3 days to transfer and by then all units are gone! This system is totally useless! To use your points to book a hotel you need to book at least two months in advance! So basically we are stuck with these Wyndham payments and can't even go to a vacation! And can't even get out of this contract! Their customer service is very ignorant! Never help and is so useless! DO NOT BUY IT. NEVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We checked into our hotel, Rosen Inn in Orlando, then were told to follow up at the next desk to receive our 'free' welcome gift. Went to the desk, lady asked for my driver's license. She filled out the application with my info, put it on the counter. Started talking about how it was a $40 deposit, in the morning I would get $140 back plus a $100 AMEX card to spend. I was like, this is weird. Red flag. What kind of free gift from the hotel would need a deposit? She would not stop blabbering! We also didn't meet the age requirements nor did we meet the minimum salary. Another red flag.

I asked her if there was more information on this. She pointed to the tiny application, the size of a 5x5 paper and said that all the info I needed was on that paper and that my questions would be answered at a presentation that was 120 minutes long. All I had to do was sign. I read the fine print on the bottom of the paper and saw it was signing us up for a Wyndham timeshare. I looked at her and said I don't want to purchase a timeshare. She said we weren't purchasing anything and then proceeded to start with the whole "What happened? You said you were gonna do it?" No. We were never gonna do it lady! We were told by the hotel it was a free welcome gift. LIES! The couple behind us waiting for their "free" gift realized what was happening and they walked away. Thank god my husband was there to help me say no. These people are liars and scammers! Trust your guts when it tells you to say no.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Las Vegas - At December 7 at 11 pm I just had the worst experience with this hotel crew. Precisely with the manager/responsible from front desk/check in. I book the reservation from Hotels.com and when I went to the lobby to do the check in the manager asked me how I would like to pay for the 100 dollars deposit which got me surprised 'cause I didn’t know they were gonna charge me that. So when I told her I didn’t know, she asked me if I wanted to cancel it and I asked her for a few minutes for me to book another hotel at that time. Couple minutes later I went back to the front desk to ask her how long it would take for them to return the deposit to my card if I decided to stay there. From this moment she just Ignored me, so I asked her if she didn’t hear me and she asked me to leave the property 'cause she wasn’t in the mood to let me stay at the hotel!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We are currently here on vacation in Vegas. Walking down the street when a young man approached us and convinced us to attend a 90 minute (max 120 minute) presentation. In exchange we’d get $100 in vouchers to gamble or for food at Caesars Palace, a 3 day 2 night stay in a choice of resorts and show tickets. Ok I thought that sounds like a decent trade-off. They had us leave a $50 deposit which we were told we’d get back once we attended the presentation. We were also told we’d get reimbursed for our Uber ride there. So we attended this morning. We went to 265 E. Harmon Ave. Las Vegas, Nevada. Wyndham Grand Desert. We showed at 9:15 a.m. It was supposed to start at 9:20 am. It began at 9:30am. We were in a room with about 15-17 couples.

Our “handler” sat right next to us the entire time. She was nice enough. Presentation lasted about an hour but afterwards you’re taken to a “mock” hotel suite (4 bedroom beautifully decorated). Then we were taken to a large room where our handler showed us on a large computer screen where the resorts were and how nice they were. I then asked her to tell me the price of all of this. She hedged and began to ask me what we spent on vacations each year. I told her I wanted to know the cost. She said, "It’s expensive.” I said his much is expensive. She then began to ask again how much we spent on vacations. We travel quite a bit but my employer pays much of the costs so she knew she couldn’t compete with what we pay to travel.

Finally after asking 5-6 times she told me for VIP level, 400,000 points it cost $110,000. And you have to pay $212 for maintenance fees. For 154,000 points it cost $39,000. I told her the price was too high and I have never liked points programs. She then signals for another worker to come over and here comes Robert. He tells me how we are spending the money any way and that we need to look at the big picture. He begins to show me how foolish my current decisions are and how investing in Wyndham would save me thousands in the long run. I repeatedly told him NO. My husband told him NO. This went off for about 10-20 minutes just with him. Then he brings out “smaller package” deals (which I’d told him I wasn’t interested). The new package was for the same 400,000 points package but for $58,500. I looked at that package and politely told him NO.

He kept pushing it and I just smiled and said, “There is nothing you’re going to say to me to make me change my mind. My answer will remain a NO.” He looks at my husband and tries to get him to say yes but my husband affirmed my NO. To see how genuine these people are though, I asked him if I were to come up with $58K in a month or so would they extend the same offer to me. He laughs and says “I’ll give you my personal checking account information and you can deposit the $58K you “find” into my personal account.” He then picked up his papers and stood to shake hands and told us a final person would come to do a quick exit survey and we’d be free to leave after that.

Sure enough another man comes (Jason) and begins to ask us questions. I told him my main reason for not buying was we already belonged to a travel program and were pretty satisfied with it. Also it was difficult to “see” HOW Wyndham’s program really worked just based on the information we had been given in such a short amount of time. I asked if the program was so good and so legitimate why wouldn’t they honor the deal in a month. He tells me there are 3 reasons: 1. Legally they can’t and that it’s a violation of the rules as written by the owners, 2. I have to physically be in Vegas to do the deal and 3. Some crap that I can’t recall now. But he then begins to ask a few questions (was everyone polite to us, did we like the program, would we stay at Wyndham resorts in the future, was money a major factor in deciding to not buy in).

He then, after we’ve answered the questions, turns the paper over and begins to write out a 2 year trial offer where there are no maintenance fees and the same 400,000 points package. And it would cost $3,524! I then asked him, "When you came over here I asked you if you’d keep them offer on the table until next month. You said no." He says he had to ask me the exit questions to see if I qualified for the trial deal! BS! What a load of POOP!

He then says based on our answers they will keep the 400,000 points for $58K on the table and will apply whatever I’ve paid to be deducted towards the $58K. At that point we’d been there 4 hours and my brother had called once and my sister had called twice. I told him it must be an emergency and I had to take the call. It was a minor emergency but thank GOD she called. I told him we had to go and thanked him for his time. He wrote his cell on a paper and told us the trial offer would remain on the table until we left Vegas. Came back to the hotel and did a little bit of researching and thank GOD for you good, honest people. I feel like we dodged a bullet today! Whew! Man they were persistent and it seemed like we’d never leave there! I can’t tell others what to do with their money but as for me and my house, we will NEVER buy into Wyndham Resorts EVER! Do your research! Be smart!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been a Wyndham timeshare owner since the 1980's. In those days, it was named Fairfield Resorts. I bought into their basic plan, enough points for a one week stay at most of their resorts. The sales department was high pressure then, and they still have the same agenda today. My wife and I just returned from Nashville. We sat through, what they called a survey. They do this at every resort. They tell us we need to learn what's happening with the company and how to benefit from these changes. These sessions always become a sales meeting, high pressure and one sales associate after another. These people lie, mislead and they are very disrespectful when told no. They prey on us as if we are a dead animal and they are vultures. These sales associates told us, the Wyndham CEO says no more high pressure sales tactics, yet that's all they do. It's a joke!

The new Wyndham website is another issue. It works "most" of the time and it can't be trusted. I rolled 2018 points into my 2019 points pool, paid the $39.00, which is a rip off, and everything was fine until October. I received an email that I had to use my 168,036 points by the end of 2018 or I will lose them. The rollover disappeared for some strange reason. They wouldn't do anything about it either. The resorts are not maintained to the quality they were years ago, especially the older resorts. The rooms have older plumbing fixtures, low toilets that are hard on older people, old appliances and cheap furniture.

The other issue I have is Wyndham's constant change in their ownership rules and programs. They have actually taken resorts away from us because we won't buy into their new plan, Wyndham Club Pass. It would cost me $20,000.00 to buy into this. I am retired and I'm not wasting money on that, but they say in years to come, I will not be able to stay at the resorts, because I didn't buy in. Basically, my ownership will be worthless! I wish I had never seen or heard of Fairfield and Wyndham timeshares. I wish 20/20 or Sixty Minutes would do a story on Wyndham so it would expose their dirty tactics.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

If something is too good to be true it is!!! These people are sharks! I wish I had read these reviews before wasting a precious Saturday. I was lured in by a phone call telling me I had won this fabulous prize of 4 round trip airplane tickets and as a special treat a $50 dining voucher. The catch is you must attend a 2 hour timeshare meeting. They are worse than used car salesman!!! They promise to be respectful but instead they play with your emotions. Luckily I said no to the multiple offers and walked out with my crappy dining voucher and not a 25,000 note, which when I went to redeem and doesn’t give you the full $50, it’s a $25 credit IF you spend $50. The plane tickets are also a total joke.

People, unless you are rich don’t waste your day like we did. As soon as we said no, they pushed us out the door like a piece of trash. We were never interested in this in the first place, our information was sold. The Wyndham was dishonest from the moment they contacted me and I would never do business with them again. BEWARE! For those of you curious about the fine print on the airline tickets here you go.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Yes I have entered into several purchase transactions with Wyndham. I felt great about my initial “investment” with the company, only to later hear from sales reps that my first purchase “wasn’t quite enough if I wanted to fully enjoy the benefits of ownership.” Well of course I wanted to FULLY enjoy the benefits of ownership… who wouldn’t? I had no idea I was purchasing with strings attached. I will gladly admit to have made some mistakes along the way too... Yes, I believed what they were saying was valid. Yes, I was under the assumption that if a company made commitments to its customer- they would uphold those values promised. Yes, I bought into the pyramid scheme of timeshare ownership. And yes, I now look back at how the game is played and realize I was never anything other than a pawn.

With all that being said, I will not sit back and let Wyndham walk all over me now that my eyes are open to the misinformation and fabrication. With every upgrade I feel as though I took a step closer to the truth and ability to see the true nature of this corporation. In the beginning I was ignorant to this scheme, I was fooled to trust a business like this to have my best interest in mind.

I have had communication with Camila ** at Wyndham in regards to my request for a full termination and refund for all monies that I so called invested in Wyndham. Ms. ** has seemed to not take my complaints in a serious matter, nor has she been of any help to me. She has had very poor communication with me and she continues to portray that she has. I am fed up with being lied to and not taken seriously. I suggest anyone who comes in contact with Wyndham run away as fast as possible before you are trapped.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Wyndham is a company that makes promises and tells customers of what a great investment they are making during a purchase, but they are full of lies to make a sale out of a caring person. I will never recommend Wyndham or use any hotels connected to Wyndham after a timeshare purchased we were lied into buying. I still can’t understand how Wyndham wants me to pay for a property, I will never use due to all payments, maintenance fees, and PayPal loan they got as a down payment.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
    Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information