Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I made a reservation. Had a choice to stay on the beach or either get a room with a full kitchen. I chose the full kitchen. I called the hotel to verify that I would have balcony, however was told I had a kitchenette instead of a full kitchen. Paid extra to stay at a hotel with nothing I asked for. There is a difference between a full kitchen and kitchenette. I would have choose the beachfront which comes with the exact same thing that the other resort offers. I tried to cancel that hit me with a 6 day in advance to cancel. There is nowhere on my confirmation stating 6 days to cancel or no one stated 6 days. I'm stuck with a room because of all the lies. I will not, I repeat will not use Wyndham vacation resorts again. Very poor customer service. Be aware of all lies...

We were promised to sit through a presentation only just 2 hrs to get some discounted tickets. We sat for 4hrs! They kept pushing and pushing for us to buy other vacation package points. It's stupid. They lied to us on how long it would take and we got there at 9:30 and left after 1:30! They're a scam and a waste of time to get tickets from!

We went to the Wyndham timeshare presentation with the promises of three things. Sharing so that you know how it works. We had to put down a $30 deposit to attend the presentation. They took our credit card and I had a $30 charge for it. They told me that up front. I was told once I arrived at presentation and signed in, I would get $30 cash, which I did.

First promise is a free "Wyndham" vacation. You are given a certificate of attendance, which you then send to a third party within 30 days of attendance. They send you a confirmation and you send them $50 check to cover hotel taxes for trip. They then send you a request for days of travel. You get a first choice and second choice. Those dates must be three weeks apart and not within a week of a major US holiday [Xmas, New Years, July 4, Labor/Memorial Day, Easter, etc...]. If neither of those days are available, you will be required to pick two more dates. If those aren't available, you pick two more, etc, etc, etc.

I have not attempted this part of it yet, but have been told it is painful and I don't know if you will receive your $50 back if you aren't able to book a trip. Another part of this is that they promise a "Wyndham" vacation. This isn't exactly true, or at all true. This third party [Fast Track Promotions], will book you a vacation where they can, but Wyndham owns many hotel chains and has partners.

Second promise is a free lunch. They did feed us a free lunch. Grilled hamburgers, pasta salad, some little desserts. I am not going to complain about it because people go hungry all the time, but if you are expecting a nice lunch, don't expect more than that. Third promise is a free night stay at a Wyndham hotel. This isn't a gift certificate, it's a voucher. You call Wyndham and they have to book for you, where they can find a place for you. It's the promise of a "Wyndham" resort, but again, you probably won't be at one. If you are trying to book a multi night stay somewhere, it'd probably be cheaper to book online and find your own place. Haven't bothered with this since it seems like a lot of work to be someplace I want to be and it'd probably be at full blazing retail pricing.

Fourth promise is $100 dining money. What you actually receive is 4- $25 "Dining Dough" certificates. After you get them, you go online [at restaurant.com] and create an account. After doing so, you find a restaurant that you want to go to [that is part of the program and just by my count, it's a fairly small sample of restaurants] and use the dining dough to purchase gift certificates at that restaurant. I was of the belief you could use them to pay for your meal there. They are really more like Groupon deals. You get 50% off on your meal. If you spend $50 there, you get $25 off. They are dine in only, of course. They want the tip money and get you to spend more than the minimum. If there are restaurants you like, then bonus. If not, not much of a deal. When I looked, there were places I would go if it were free, but not many that were on my usual restaurants we eat at.

The presentation itself is predictable. Get everyone involved, make you feel like they know you because they call you by name [keep your name tag on, though ;-) ], play the emotion card well. They have lots of destinations to visit. If you want in, the bare minimum is approximately $17,000. It won't give you much as far as vacationing. Probably a short vacation every other year. The big push is to get you in that day, so they give you a dream vacation [8 day/ 7 night at any Wyndham resort] which I assume is legit because you are a member. They also promise super discounted pricing at all Wyndham owned properties and the ability to book through a special service that gives priority over non-Wyndham customers. They won't offer that $17,000 to get in, you have to look at their point system and figure out what it costs and tell them.

They also want you to purchase using their financing. It is pretty pricey. I'm not a financial specialist by any means, but I am smart enough to know that if you are doing that, you are getting ripped off. If you don't have special financing for yourself or, have the cash, I wouldn't be buying. You will pay a LOT of money to be a member, way more than the advertised price. Also, it takes a lot of time to do, minimum of two hours to hear the presentation and sit with the sales person trying to close the deal. If you say no, they will ask you to speak with 2 or 3 other people trying to prove it's a great deal.

So, you decide if it's worth it. I don't really think it is something I would do again. They have some nice properties at nice destinations. They will show you the penthouse at the property you visit. The places you stay and the rooms you get are all based on points. Points cost money. Unless you are throwing in a hundred grand [$100,000] you are getting many penthouse stays and even if you do, it will be for a couple nights.

First of all don't believe them when they say there is no pressure sales. Once you tell them you're not interested the pressure is on. They become extremely aggressive and condescending. They offer you free gift that they don't even have available to you just to get you in. My husband and I dodged a bullet by not making a purchase. We found it very offensive that they were so aggressive. The best advice that we can give is to treat Wyndham resorts timeshare like a house fire. By that I mean stay low and get out.

On June 11, 2017 we stopped at Saddlebrook Welcome Center on our way into Branson and was approached by Christina who is employed Wyndham Resorts.

She asked us if we (there were 4 of us) would like to make $175.00 each couple? We said we already had all our tickets to the shows, since my brother and his wife are timeshare owners. She said we could make the 2:30 presentation at the Wyndham Preview Center and it would take us 2 hours and we would walk away with $175.00 EACH couple! Although we had been on the road for 8 hours and had not checked into our resort, we decided to take her up on her offer. The two salesmen, Mitch and Chad were very persuasive but quite condescending.

Remember, one of our couples were ALREADY owners. After we finished with the spiel, we went to the front desk to collect our money and guess what? One couple received $150.00 and my husband and I got NOTHING!! We called Christina at her cell phone (**) and she denied everything. We were very upset. We would NEVER have sat through 2 1/2 hrs for nothing. We were tired, hungry and eager to start our week in Branson. Our two sales guys magically disappeared and we were asked to leave. We talked to a couple Wyndham employees at another location and they were very upset because it hurts them when word get around that people are not true to their word.

To make a long story short, I have talked to, been referred to at least 10 people, most of which did not return my calls. No one cares and they are giving us nothing. I talked to one lady who tried to help me. After talking to Mitch ** (not our presenter) he told me that they were not willing to do a thing for us. My brother will probably get rid of his timeshare because of their business ethics. We went to a presentation at Welk Resorts and it was a totally awesome experience. Professional people, no high pressure, etc. If I were to ever invest, it would be with them. Stay away from Wyndham Resorts!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

We went down as a family of 7 to Hilton Head, SC in Mid August 2017. Booked a villa in Sea Pines through Wyndham on VRBO for a week. After the first night we woke up on Sunday to find our child completely covered with bed bug bites and bugs clearly visible on the sheets of his room. We took pictures which are geolocated and can thus be tracked to the villa on that date and time. Thus, no denying it.

We went to the Wyndham location on Hilton Head and asked to see the Manager. Unfortunately, neither the Customer Services Manager nor the GM of Wyndham were available. We turned in the keys to the villa and spent the rest of the day searching for alternative accommodations. 15% of our vacation is now spent moving from the bug infested villa to a new place, which cost me over $500 more.

On Monday, I get a call from the Guest Services lady. She tells me that they are dispatching a pest control company to verify. I told her I have pictures, which she asked me to send to her, and I did. Later, I get a call from her to tell us that the pest control company found nothing! And, now they are dispatching yet another company, completely forgetting that we have pictures of bugs on their linen in their villa - which can be geolocated to their property!

Two days later, the lady sends me an email that Wyndham will be returning our money, but will charge us for the night we spent there! So, we have ended up paying for a bed bug infested night at Wyndham; no compensation for the extra money I had to pay at the last minute for alternative accommodations; and no compensation for ruining 15% of our vacation. Thanks Wyndham. You are the epitome of a 3rd rate company!

My husband and I purchased in Hawaii a couple years ago. I book a vacation in Myrtle Beach in 2016 and left with a PayPal account that I didn't sign up for. We go on vacation a couple weeks ago and here they go again, you can hardly get checked in before they are booking you for a 90 minute session! For goodness sake, can't you enjoy your vacation without all this NONSENSE! Anyway, they stated to us they wanted to make sure we were informed about all the updates and what have you; next thing you know they had run our credit for an upgrade which we told them we didn't want, they stated, if you don't want it you can go back to your old contract (FAKE NEWS) and to add insult to injury, they didn't even pay off my old PayPal account so now we're stuck with a new contract for 53,000 plus the old debt they took out with PayPal. We have consulted with an attorney. These people need to be stopped!

My Wife (Jacqueline) & I (Wayne) have been timeshare owners for many years. Every time we go away, we no sooner book in and go across to the customer service desk to retrieve our parking pass when we are literally harassed by a representative to attend a meeting or “owner update” as Wyndham calls it that will only take 45 minutes. After a long drive or flight to get to our destination we are tired and reluctantly agree to attend a meeting just to get them off our backs and get our parking pass. They always make us feel like these owner updates are mandatory and it's not an update at all but a high pressure cooker of lies, all about forcing us to buy more points every time. We have never been updated once, just pressured to go to the meeting and we have never learned anything new, except how silly we were for making our last purchase, and the only way to fix it is to buy more!

It starts with them trying to lure you in with the promise that they offer a wonderful breakfast and it will only take 45 minutes and you can go off and enjoy your vacation. Every time we told them “no” and we just want to be left alone. They then asked if we were aware of usually the latest gimmick to coerce owners into an update, and when we said “no”, they hooked us. This has happened time and time again. When you use your timeshare frequently, it shouldn't be mandatory to attend an owner update each time. It should optional with the choice of receiving any updates via email if they are important. But what's the fun in that, it would mean they would have to be honest and that's not Wyndham's style. They like to rob you every opportunity they get with their lies and deception!

In September, 2010, we passed through Las Vegas and used our timeshare for the weekend on route to the Grand Canyon. We were told that it was imperative to attend an owner update because Wyndham had undergone many changes that would affect us. We hear this every time, but nothing changes. It's just another pressure cooker of lies to get us to purchase. At this stage we had 325,000 points and Discovery equity, a program that only gave us access to limited stock, something we were not aware of till we tried to book. Again more lies on how it works or doesn't work. Every location was not part of the Discovery program. So what was the point of recommending the program and how was it benefiting us? That's where the lies started.

Our representative, Neil **, looked at our portfolio and asked why we were in the Discovery program. We told him that at the time, we were new Wyndham owners and had trusted our representative to guide us and they had recommended the Discovery program because it would give us access to multiple Wyndham locations. We discovered that this was a lie because when we tried to book, the agent told us that the location we picked was not part of the program. What the hell were we paying all this money for? He told us that he had good news because the Discovery program was about to expire and in order to have access to more stock, we would need to purchase another 175,000 points taking us to VIP Gold level.

One of the benefits was Wyndham would freeze the price in the event that we wanted to purchase more points and our deed would remain in Hawaii. We were happy that our deed would remain in Hawaii because Hawaii has limited real estate so maintenance fees are very low. Another lie and again Wyndham took advantage of our innocence and vulnerability. In November 2012, we headed out to Las Vegas again and as usual we were told to attend a meeting because Wyndham was changing its structure from deeds to trusts. Our representative, Andrea **, recommended converting our points to Club Wyndham Access. This upgrade would increase our point portfolio, giving us a wider range of access to more resorts, hold the price for 12 months and decrease our maintenance fees which apparently were higher in a deed versus a trust.

We found out that we received nothing more, no new resorts, just more lies to get us to waste more money to fix these so called problems. The only benefit we get is access to book 13 months out. Club Wyndham Access is nothing but a dump pool for Wyndham to make more money out of us. As neither of us are attorneys, we believed the advice we were given and told her that we didn't really want to buy more points and happy with what we had. She told us that the minimum we would have to buy to get into the access program was 84,000 points and it is the new direction for Wyndham to provide their clients with a better “Wyndham experience”.

I tried calling Andrea on numerous occasions and left messages for her to enquire about the Club Wyndham Access program, but she never returned my calls and we later found out that she had left Wyndham. Now were are sitting with 584,000 points, a bigger monthly payment and increased maintenance costs. The most annoying part of these owner updates is that they are never 45 minutes long and as soon as you are about to leave the table, the representatives boss or a financial director just happens to come along with another fantastic offer to keep you there a little longer and wear you down so you land up signing just to get away. We even had people knocking at our door telling us that we had to go to the owner update and we could advise our representative that we only wanted to attend an owner meeting once a year.

This pressure is disgusting! This is pure harassment, and if we knew this was part of the so called “great experience” we would never have purchased. These experiences have almost ruined our vacation experience. This company mistreats their so called VIP clients with nonstop harassment and lies! Wyndham advertises vacations that are relaxing. There is nothing relaxing about an owner update, that is made out to be mandatory, and if you refuse to go they call your room continuously and pound on your door until you agree to attend.

In June 2016, after a very traumatic experience, we decided to take a trip to Oceanside to relax. Just as we had been told before, we needed to attend another owner update because now Wyndham was changing their levels and we had NOT been grandfathered into VIP Gold which would have a major effect on our current status. We were likely to lose benefits and perks of VIP Gold if we didn't upgrade to their Platinum level. At this stage we had invested so much money with Wyndham that losing everything wasn't an option, so again we attended a meeting that literally took 6 hours of our day.

Our representative, Michael **, told us that on Platinum level we would have access to more resorts that Wyndham had recently purchased and the benefits were endless. No more resorts were added that we could use because we were now platinum! More lies. We were concerned that our maintenance fees were once again going to go up. Michael assured us that we could offset our maintenance fees with the points we were not using so it would be a win win situation. What he failed to mention is that you only get $60 per 10,000 points. Not a win at all!! On Platinum level we were supposed to get discounts of up to 50% by booking a vacation and then closer to the time, cancelling that booking and rebooking the same vacation. This would allow us to take those extra points and use them towards the maintenance fees.

Booking a vacation up to 13 months out was another benefit, but he failed to mention that it only applied to your home resort. This upgrade would give us priority over all other ownership levels and upgrades were free and guaranteed. We told Michael that we were concerned that we might have too many points and as we both work and only get a certain number of vacation time per year, we would never be able to use all our points. He told us that Wyndham had a program that gave owners the option to rent out their points and the money we got back could be used towards our maintenance fees, or we could use the additional points for flights, cruises, car rentals etc. Which we found out would cost us $100s-$1000s of dollars more than just booking online, or calling these companies direct. They made us feel like it was a huge savings, and not cost us more than the average Joe.

We reluctantly purchased another 416,000 points and consolidated the existing contract of 500,000 points in the Club Wyndham Plus Program and 84,000 points in the Club Wyndham Access Program into 2 new contracts of 916,000 Club Access Plus and 84,000 Club Wyndham Access. Needless to say, this was a bad purchase as we very soon discovered that we had been lied to once again. We were led to believe that once you have 1,000,000 points there would be no need to purchase anymore and the world was our oyster with access to the most remarkable resorts around the world. We were told that Wyndham had purchased Shell and we could use our points to access resorts overseas.

More lies because if you want to vacation overseas, you have to have someone in that country wanting to swap out with you during the same time period. We were buying points that we didn't need because there was no additional stock we would have access to. They were throwing out words to try and confuse us and make us think we were getting special treatment, better units and privileges that other members on lower levels were not privy too. Lies, lies and more lies!! To add fuel to the fire, they introduced us to PayPal and what they failed to mention is that if you don't pay it off within 6 months you land up paying 19.99% interest and it would retro back to the purchase date, and all that interest would be owed again. So you paying interest on interest.

We ended up taking out a loan at a lower interest rate to avoid the high monthly payment. This is very upsetting and I can't believe that these people have a soul! We had way too many points but they told us we could bank them if we didn't want to use them that year and use them the following year. Great idea but they expire if you don't use them within a 3 year period and it also costs you money to bank them. As if we are not paying enough money just to own them. At this stage we realized that we are so far in the hole that we just have to try and get the principal paid off as soon as possible. We were just keeping our heads above water with Wyndham payments! All this money and the situation we were in only to find out you can buy a million pts on eBay for as little as $2000-$15,000 at any given time. Can you imagine how this made us feel? Infuriated

In June 2016, we went to Hawaii again and attended yet another owner update. This time we were met with a frown and asked if we were aware that we were paying such a high interest rate on our contracts. We had no documentation in front of us and yet again believed what we were told from the documents that we were presented to us from the system. It turned out that we had 2 Club Wyndham Access programs of 916,000 points and another one with 84,000 points. They told us that we could buy the interest rate down from 17.99% to 11.99% by purchasing another 189,000 points, the minimum purchase allowed. What they failed to mention was that we were only paying 17.99% on the Club Wyndham Access Program, the Club Wyndham Plus Program was at an interest rate of 12.75%. In order to bring the interest rate down, we reluctantly bought another 189,000 points.

It doesn't make financial sense to buy more points and spend another $100,000.00 odd dollars to bring our interest rate down by such a small amount. More Lies!! This is complete fraud! We feel like we have been robbed and held at gunpoint every time we attended an owner update. At this point if you do nothing about this, we will seek the highest levels of authority, and media to show how terrible and misleading your company really is. It's a shame because your resorts are very nice! This time they traded out the Club Wyndham Access Program and combined all the contracts into one deed at Royal Gardens in Waikiki. Every time we trade for a new purchase property, the term is reset to 120 months.

This impacts owners because they are paying interest all over again on the same money you made 80% plus interest on, of the payment. This is just plain robbery! The representative told us that we don't really need more points but it's the only way to bring the interest rate down. If you do the math we paid an absorbent amount more in total payments and interest overall. What a scam, and we found out later that Club Wyndham Access is a trust and not a deed of sale but by the time we got home to check our previous contract it was too late to cancel and once again we were stuck with an increased monthly payment, a loan that we are paying back and higher maintenance fees. And to top it all off, Club Wyndham Access maintenance fees went through the roof from 2016-2017 where we were told they were better, lower, and less chance of increasing!

After a very stressful year, we decided to take a trip to Myrtle Beach and try something different. On April 9th, 2017, we arrived in Myrtle Beach at the Tower on the Grove and introduced to Chris **. He offered us Presidential Reserve and told us that you had to have a minimum of 1,000,000 points to buy into this program, but the benefits were endless and this was the crème de la crème. He pulled out a huge black binder with the most beautiful Wyndham properties. 9 hours later we signed a contract just to be able to get out of the office but went back to our unit and read over the contract again. Neither of us felt comfortable having to buy another 225,000 points that we certainly did not need to get priority booking and the Presidential Reserve benefits.

When we looked over the contract we realized that they were going to split the contract into 2 parts, 1,000,000 points was going into Presidential Reserve and the balance of 414,000 points was going into Club Wyndham Access again. We went across the road in the morning to the sales office to let them know that we had decided to cancel the contract as it did not make financial sense to us to buy additional points to get access to benefits that we supposedly already have access to prime property that really wasn't going to make a difference in our lives. They held us there for another 2 hours and finally we walked out and returned the gifts they had given us the day before.

Later that day we were contacted by our representative and asked if we would meet him for dinner to meet a group of people who would be able to buy the additional points we had purchased and use them to find renters. This would supplement our income allowing us to afford the upgrade to Platinum Reserve. We met with this group, ex Wyndham employees, to find out how they were doing this and told them that we were not interested because we had signed a contract with Wyndham that stated we were not allowed to rent out our points. The following day we sent a letter to Wyndham head office in Las Vegas and cancelled our contract. We want out of our Wyndham timeshare contract because we feel like we have been lied to and manipulated every time we attended a meeting that was supposed to benefit us.

Their representatives don't remain with the company long enough to be able to contact them and discuss issues we have encountered and we have wasted enough of our vacation time, and money in owner update meetings. We want out!! We want every penny we have spent back. You have cost us thousands of dollars and ruined our vacations, so don't even try to justify not refunding all our money back due to our usage! We are outraged to say the least.

Booked a mini vacation in TN Smoky Lodge, we have been owners for 2 yrs, and we also owned when they were Fairfield. This morning we attended a session that was supposed to be only to air current owners complaints instead we were presented with an offer to increase our points for an additional $400 which we declined.

Here confess the outrageous part, while ask that was going on they charged our PayPal account $3000. Thank God my husband is a financial advisor and HIS guy told him to check our accounts when we got back to the room, and sure enough we have a pending charge of 3K. I'm in our room typing this review and he is in the financial office addressing this issue. These people have got to be stopped... Now!

I visited Wyndham and did the sales tour for the 100 gift card and they signed me up for some $3600 package without my knowledge when I signed their acknowledgment of receipt for the gift card, they somehow copied my signature and "sold" me something that I never actually bought. Now I have a PayPal credit statement saying I owe Paypal... Crazy stuff. Stay away from Wyndham. Super crooked.

We purchased a credit-based "Discovery" package, which was promoted as a way to enjoy and evaluate "vacation ownership" with a modest investment. We consider ourselves fortunate to have not committed the $20,000-$40,000 that many people have, as this has turned out to be a very poor investment. We have used our package twice and have been underwhelmed both times.

A note about booking - there are several tiers of "vacation ownership", and only the highest tier has a web-based booking interface that they can use to manage their account and book resorts. The other tiers require calling a representative, something which is optional in the top-tier program but shouldn't be needed at all in the modern era. This is especially true here, because dealing with the program administrators is especially difficult. It has taken us four calls across three weeks to book the first time and two calls the second time, with multiple mistakes being made the second time. Their attitude and level of support on the phone is definitely less helpful than even discount hotels, which is a common thread throughout our experience with this program.

And that's the problem - the value of program isn't really much better than a hotel of equivalent quality and the service, on the phone and on-site, is worse than a Red Roof or Quality Inn. By value, I mean the quality of the room and the availability of amenities, which is worse than most of the hotels than I have stayed in. Specifically, you get the rooms - which, so far, have been decidedly average, but not the service that you would expect. No linen changes, no towel service, no cleaning during your stay, no "room service" to bring food or sundries. You're on your own, which is fine if you like that sort of experience but doesn't fit most people's idea of "vacation".

If you calculate the cost of the "credits" or "weeks", depending on the program that you buy into, on a per-day basis, the room cost is about the same as equivalent rooms in the same area - and often with fewer physical amenities such as water features and recreation areas. So, despite the rosy picture painted at the sales meetings, you're buying into a system that give you an average room with less-than-average service... and pay for it upfront. I strongly recommend passing on this, and just shop carefully for hotel rooms.

We went to their sales presentation in Myrtle Beach and after stating we were not interested in purchasing they convinced us to get a 400k "discovery" package where we can try their resorts and enjoy "timeshare" for 2 years without spending more than the $3500 or so we paid. We fell for this and when attempting to book, we were then told that it is a limited amount of resorts which was not told to us when we purchased the package. We then attempted to enjoy our vacations which we quickly found out were old, undesired resorts and not at all what we were originally shown. However, the worst part is when you call you are on hold for hours and they just changed their software so I couldnt make reservations since they had "system issues". So during this period my points expired and they simply said... Sorry but we can give you a discount voucher to use! No way!!! Stay clear from them as they will tell you what you want to hear but not follow through.

We are a weeks owner as opposed to a points owner. We were always told by Wyndham we can book our vacation as far out in years as we wanted as long as we paid our maintenance. This year we are being told the 2019 inventory is not in the system yet as of August 1, 2017. I feel Wyndham is penalizing weeks owner because they would like everyone to convert to the point system. When we purchased our resort over 20 years ago we have been taken over by different resort companies and it seems like each one wants to make up their own rules. I have been getting the runaround from Wyndham every time I call. I am very frustrated as I can't seem to get to the person in charge of this booking mess.

My fiancee and I was aggressively sold a Discovery timeshare on September 8, 2015. We went through 3 aggressive sales people. The last sales woman told us that we could go to a small list of places which included Fiji and Hawaii. We were given a colorful booklet featuring all the places we could go. In retrospect I wish I would've looked through the booklet thoroughly. I would have seen that Hawaii was not on the list. I was reluctant at first but thought if I could go to a nice place in Hawaii for $2,009.00 then I wouldn't mind paying for the additional flight.

Fast forward to 10 months later. I call the discovery member services to set up my Hawaii vacation and I'm told that Hawaii is not an option. They tell me Fiji and certain resorts in Mexico are available but not Hawaii. Now my membership is set to expire on September 8th and I will not have used my membership. It will be wasted and the none of the reps have been able to help find a way to make a use of my membership. I can't even give it away or allow any else to use it. I am the only person who can use this membership and it effectively useless. I was blatantly lied to and I will not ever recommend Worldmark Wyndham services to anyone.

I received a time share invite with a 120 minute presentation with a promise of $75 gift card. My partner and I were greeted by a nice young man who will remain nameless with the presenter being from our hometown which seem to go well. Afterwards we were taken on a tour of a condo style room with rooftop which was nice. Everything was good until the fast talking stuff started with these "Closers" promising you things like Everybody wasn't there getting the same things. A credit check was ran when in fact they stated that we're not running one, which is when this nightmare began.

I received an email from PayPal stating that my credit was ran and thanking me for my payment which I didn't authorize, a downpayment of $1900 (which I was told that would be waived), my PayPal credit limit was $1500 on an account that I already have with an $0 balance. So you could imagine my level of frustration when I asked the final closer what was going on? At this time I was told that they were giving me six months, no interest, no payments (which is a PayPal regulation anyway) and that I had signed for an increase. They added a kindle fire to the deal, offered to go out and get us food for the wait considering we were there for five hours. However, I had to let them know that I expected an immediate reversal of the charges and NOTHING further would be talked about.

I also advised them that they should not lie to people about their credit inquiry or act as if they are getting some for free when PayPal already promises the same thing to all of their customers. I immediately called PayPal alerting them that I did not in fact authorize this transaction or ask for an increase on my credit limit and I would like to avoid anything from Wyndham or any other properties. I was outraged by the fact that these people bank on the fact that you won't catch what they are doing before all of the paperwork is done. They are quite the cons in this business. I'm sure now I'll never own a timeshare! Please if you plan to attend one of their presentations get your free gift and cheap reservations and run!

I have been an owner with Wyndham for 5 years. Great program. I was able to travel on 8 great vacations. Some locations are better than the others but still best the money and quality time with the family. Thank you Wyndham.

I went to Sea World, Orlando with my wife back in January and was solicited by a very exuberant representative at a kiosk there, to buy a Wyndham Vacation Resorts package at a cost of $3753.06. (I don’t know what Sea World's relationship with Wyndham is.) The Wyndham rep. told us we have thousands of properties around the world. For our $3753 we got 400,000 points to use for our dream vacation. Then we had to endure an almost day long sales pitch at the Wyndham Bonnet Creak Resort in Orlando trying to get us to buy into their time share program, which they took great pains to explain was not a time share program but an annual vacation program!

As an enticement, for an additional $40, we were given a Resort Vacation Certificate redeemable for a one week stay at one of a rather large list of resorts. We could redeem the certificate at any time for one year from our signing date, but no earlier than 30 days prior to the date we desired and of course, subject to availability. Only problem... when we attempted to redeem our certificate we found that of this large list of properties very few were available without paying an additional charge of in some cases over a thousand dollars. Not too surprisingly the very few that were available at no extra charge were not very appealing! We have given up on our attempt to "redeem" our "Resort Vacation Certificate" as a lost cause. Kiss that $40 goodbye!

Then I tried to book our "Club Wyndham Discovery Vacation" using the 400,000 points that our $3753.06 purchased. We thought that the Bonnet Creek property would be a nice place to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary next year with the kids and grandkids. Unfortunately, the Wyndham website kept coming back with "Not enough points" every time I tried to book the date we selected. This, in spite of the fact that the week we selected added up to less than the 400,000 point limit. Finally I gave up trying to use Wyndham Vacation Resorts web page and decided to call Wyndham and speak to a representative. Nice try. After being placed on hold for 51 minutes I gave up on that as well. I thought the Wyndham was a reputable organization but this experience has changed that opinion forever.

Let me just say If you are on Vacation in San Antonio at the River Walk or anywhere else and are approached by someone from Wyndham Hotels saying they want you tour one of their new hotels which we found out later the hotel has actually been there for many years, please just WALK AWAY. I regret wasting 4 hours of my family vacation time because of the person telling me it was new hotel and he could get us free tickets to the Drive Through Safari and the Natural Bridge caverns for our 10 Year old son just to do a walk through to view their new hotel. When only to get there it was a severe pressure sale of a time share.

The lady that we were paired with to try to get us to buy it was absolutely rude and would not take NO for an answer. It was horrible and they make you go through the whole process of videos and makes you sit there listening to her whole spiel of timeshare and when we would try to talk she totally ignored anything we were saying and talked over us the whole time.

After telling her no a thousand times practically, she still gets her manager over to talk to us about finance. We told the manager we weren't interested AT ALL and she pretty much had an attitude and made a nasty comment to us and walked off. At the end it was getting very ugly, So my husband asked her since she keeps claiming that it's not about the money which is CRAZY expensive and claims that they really care about us, he asked her when we leave here would she remember us. And she Actually said NO!!! Let me just say I will never ever stay, Buy into the Vacation homes or recommend this Hotel to Anyone just for the mere fact that we were misled and were talked to so rudely I was almost in tears at the end. I was so mad.

My experience in the Wyndham hotel room 523 the room is filthy. I've taken two showers. Walked around on this dirty dirty dirty carpet and my feet is black as tar so before I put on my shoes I'm going to stand in the shower and wash my feet once again. There was no ironing board in the closet. Had to call the front desk at 5 o'clock in the morning to bring me an Ironing board. There was a bug floating in the iron and totally gross experience. I feel so dirty staying here. I pray I don't bring any bugs home with me from the dirty Wyndham Hotel. Take my advice and do not stay here. You will regret it.

Club Wyndham not only ruined my wife's birthday, but continue to amaze us with their shady sales techniques, ten days later. We were enjoying a New Orleans vacation and agreed to hear a 1 1/2 hour sales presentation in exchange for free tickets to a riverboat cruise and to the aquarium. The sales pitch by two sales associates lasted 4 hours, with help from two "closers". They weren't used to someone who fixated on fine print like "19.99% interest", As soon as I had given them authorization to run a credit check, I saw this site, and stated that I wanted nothing to do with Club Wyndham or Wyndham Vacation Resorts. That just brought in another "closer" who tried to sweeten the deal further even though the original sales reps knew they had lost our trust.

The next day I contacted PayPal Credit to have them remove an unauthorized charge, and PayPal urged that I get something in writing from Wyndham stating that they would not make any further charges to my account. Six phone calls to national and local offices later, I still have not found anyone who will do me that favor or even apologize.

Since returning from vacation, I have received four mailed notifications of denied credit from two different credit issuers stating that Wyndham tried to authorize charges they would not approve on my behalf. One of those banks was never even mentioned in the sales pitch. No Wyndham representative I've contacted can tell me what they have done with my sensitive information. The best I've received is a P.O. Box in Las Vegas, where I can send a written request to their Rescission Department. My advice to anyone lured into a Wyndham sales pitch is to remember to keep asking "how much longer before we can say no, and leave with the incentives you promised us".

Me and my boyfriend attended a tour when we went to the Dells. We did not buy but we were given a 2 night 3 day stay for $100. I wanted to use the getaway for my body. I called the number. Played the $100. I was told I would get an email confirmation before I could book. I called the number that was provided and have not gotten anyone to answer after waiting for over an hour. When I called the number where I played the money I was told there was nothing he can do and literally got hung up on. I really considered buying but I'm very happy now I didn't. I lost out on a $100 for sure but it could be worst. I thought Wyndham was a trustworthy company and I couldn't be more wrong. I learned my lesson. I will never pay a dime to any company before looking at their real customer reviews.

On July 15, 20I7, I was in Orlando on vacation attending a family reunion. During my stay I went to the shopping area across the street from where I was staying. I participated in a game to spin the wheel and won the opportunity for a week's stay at a Wyndham Hotel for $75.00. The only condition required to receive this offer was to attend a 90 minute presentation at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. I paid $40.00 and was to pay the remaining $35.00 at the end of the presentation. At which time I would receive the certificate for the week's stay. I made an appointment to visit the facility the following day at 11:00 am. Upon my arrival and after registering at the front desk I was seated in a waiting area. After a short wait, about 10 minutes a "gentleman" (and I use that term lightly) came and escorted me to a room with several other people that consisted of consumers/vacationers and sales persons.

The first thing that he did was to give me a form to sign which required some sensitive information and appeared to be a credit check. I told him I was not going to purchase anything, but he assured me that it was standard procedure for some reason which I don't remember. We met for about 30 minutes before the 2 minute warning was given. At which time the "Magician" / Director appeared and addressed the group. He entertained us with magic tricks as part of his power point presentation. It was quite entertaining. He appeared on America's Got Talent in 2007? After the "show" the salesman continued his presentation and explained the concept very well. I was also shown several units which were absolutely beautiful. When we returned to the room, he proceeded to begin the purchasing process, offering several options and scenarios.

I emphatically told him that I was not going to be purchasing or signing a deed for any property today. He continued to be persistent for the next 30 minutes or so and when he saw he was not getting anywhere, he left the table and returned with his supervisor. Of course his supervisor who was an ex homicide detective started his spiel, offering more incentives and options to purchase. In an effort to gain my trust he showed me pictures where he had been beaten when he was a detective. His point was you never know what tomorrow will bring in that this event changed his life forever. He spent more than another 30 minutes trying to convince me to purchase. I told him "no " and that I was ready to leave. He said he understood and that the sales person who had left during this time was processing me out.

They both left me at the table for another 20 minutes or so until I asked someone to find the sales person (Bena?) because I was ready to leave. He came back and told me it would be a little longer that he had to get the paperwork signed in order for me to get my certificate for the stay. However this is not what happened. I was then taken to another small area and met with another salesperson whose name is Felix **. He presented the leasing option. This option was presented as a 2 year plan and appeared reasonable for the fee of $2922.00. A down payment was required of which I was not willing to pay. So guess what. Another sales person came and she offered me the option of no down payment and 6 months no interest through a PayPal account. At this point I said "okay" and the paper work process began which was tedious and time consuming.

To make a long story short I left after being there about 4.5 hours. I was physically ill by the time I arrived back to my hotel. The next day after close examination of the papers I discovered that the two year deal had miraculously changed to one year with the end date being 08/14/2018 instead of 08/14/2019. Upon my return home and on 7 /17/2017 I called financial services and inquired about the process for cancelling this transaction. The contract contained a clause that you had ten calendar days to notify Wyndham Vacation Resorts of your intent/right to cancel. The person that I spoke (Marquee) advised me that I had to submit the request in writing and that I could do this by email. I was provided the email address and sent the email notifying Wyndham Vacation Resorts that I was cancelling the contract.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:01 PM CST I received my confirmation letter that my request to rescind my contract had been completed. I would also like to add that Marquee spoke was very very kind and was a pleasure to talk to. The five other individuals were ruthless, insensitive, unprofessional and uncaring of my needs as a consumer. Thank you for the opportunity to provide this review and to make other consumers aware of Wyndham Vacation Resorts business tactics.

The sales guy was ok but his Supervisor (the closer) was AWFUL. He tried to bully me into making the deal and he was so aggressive that I had to tell him so. He jumped up and stormed off as if they told him he would be fired if he did not close the deal with me. If this is the service you get to come on-board, I can only imagine the service once they have your money locked in. I will never purchase a Wyndham resort not EVER. The poor "baby" acting sales guy, sat there and pouted once they knew I was serious about not purchasing and told me "I lied to him and was I just playing a game with them." I told him several times that I could not afford that high interest rate after it was revealed that it would be 17.99%. This is why I love my HILTON HOTELS and will never go against them again...

I have read through many of the reviews for Wyndham and have had the same experience as everyone else. High pressured sales is only the beginning, when you can stay at a nice resort, we have stayed at one that was nice, they basically make you go to another sales presentation. I literally had to get in the guy's face and curse him like a sailor to get him to back off. My husband was totally freaked out, saying we aren't buying anything else and the sales manager was telling us how stupid we were not to downgrade our timeshare which meant we had to spend thousands more dollars and buy more points so we could lower our maintenance fee. We were totally baffled, WHAT, WHY WOULD WE BUY MORE POINTS TO LOWER THE MAINTENANCE FEE!!!

Now, a year later I have become disabled and I can't get rid of my timeshare, I was told to use SMTN to sell my timeshare so they did the ad and said if you pay $1,498 for closing costs and title transfers, etc up front and we can take care of it for you. Ok, so I did that. 6 months later I have reduced the price by $10,000 so it is listed for what I owe, instead of what I paid, and still not selling. I have now called finance at Wyndham trying to have them take back the timeshare and they were kind enough to give me a hardship of 6 months, so I don't have to make the payments for 6 months but I do have to pay the maintenance fee of $105 a month.

But guess what, I can use my points, I have transferred over 500,000 points to RCI for every year that we didn't get to vacation and I still have the points for this year which I was saving for the "new owner." If anyone has figured out a way to get rid of their timeshare besides nonpayment (closing my bank account) or stop payment $25 every 6 months, please share it with everyone. Otherwise we can just have a collection on our credit report for the next 7 years and be done with the scam.

Prepaid reward card doesn't work. I went to a 5 hour timeshare presentation for a $100 prepaid rewards card. I tried to use it, but it didn't work because I was at a gas station. Apparently that isn't allowed and will automatically put a hold on the card. I was told to wait for the hold to clear over and over again. Today when I called, I was told that my card expired and that they can't do for anything for me. Horrible customer service!

My experience with the timeshare units has been positive. Most facilities are very nice and well located. Yes, the selling pressure can be annoying but we just stop it. A few locations needed upgrade but were fine. The exchange with RCI works very well.

I have been reading other reviews. All of them are the same experience I have had. They are dishonest, liars and scam artist who have no conscience about taking money from people who thought they were buying a good vacation package. Read all the reviews. Every one of them sum up this horrible business. I am so sad. I spent money I was saving to try and have a nice vacation with my children and grandchildren. Now I have neither.

Went to Myrtle Beach and set in on a Wyndham timeshare. Pressured into buying points. Told it would be only 1 hour and literally sat in for 8 hours. I was suckered in and my fault. I was never given a time frame to cancel and now that I have read all my papers and realized that the interest is 110% of the cost I am paying over double for these points. That is a rip off at it finest. They never went over that with me and never said I have 5 days to rescind. I have read all the reviews and now I feel that I'm stuck for the next 10 years paying for something that I will probably never utilize with the way they have it set up. I am one week lake to rescind. This company really needs to be shut down. I need a way OUT!!! If anyone have any insight on getting out of this deal please share. Any class actions suits out please reference me the info!!!

The floor hallway & kitchen floors were dirty & sticky. The carpet in the living room area had food crumbs on it. I went to use the mini vacuum & mop provided, both were caked with dust and dirt. The first night we pulled out the sofa sleeper and found a layer of food, dust & dirt behind it. The sofa sleeper had to be 20 years old with broken springs and a mattress thin as a piece of paper. The third day we noticed water dripping from the ceiling area and on the wall with the circuit breaker box. We contacted maintenance and a plumber (??) responded. He said the air-conditioning unit needed to be serviced. The next day someone came in & removed the dirt/dust coated filter from the ceiling vent and left clumps of dust/dirt hanging from the vent cover. The air-conditioning Unit continued to drip in the same place. No one bothered to check in or behind the circuit breaker box or contacted us.

WORST experience I ever had with any sales teams. This is regarding timeshare presentation. My wife submitted a form in Chicago Fashion outlet malls for a winning car. There is some agency called JCS getaway called saying we won a prize which will cost around $4,600. My wife told that she is not interested and the gentleman from JCS told that we are not obliged to pay anything and we can just take the gift and obliged to listen to their presentation. This is all between Wyndham marketing and agency JCS responsibilities. They did as per their duties. My wife took me and my kids to Riverfront as per schedule.

Now comes the criminal and wicked sales team. We reached Riverfront and asked to wait in some waiting area. One old wicked lady came and started giving dramatic laughs and telling you are my family etc. Things went fine for one hour and she is sweet but even my kids asked why is she is acting so much and I said that it her job. By the way this old lady is around age of 50. When the time came to break ice, I told that I want to know the price, she never disclosed but started saying that she need to figure it out. She tried to get some feasible number from me and tried trapping me to give number and I commit to it. I told that I have different commitments and didn't commit anything. She tried to force me a lot and tried to be rude to make me tell yes. I didn't agree to it and then she got her boss or supervisor or someone but for me he seems like a jerk.

Who in Wyndham selected him as a sales person I don't know He never has smile on his face and asked me why are you here? I told the fact and also told him that I am here for gift as your company representative forced me to come here for presentation. So he started having heated argument with me and my wife. This jerk asks us so with the gift you don't want to pay penny which is immaterial to him. He went to so much low standards for his company or the old wicked sales woman in his team or an emotional trap he was trying. I was left along with disrespect and no hospitality shown which is expected from hotels especially. I felt even my enemy wouldn't behave like the way Wyndham sales team behaved. Giving rating 1 is way higher and don't find anything to give negative rating on the experience we had.

Compare Timeshares