Wyndham Vacation Resorts

6908people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Wyndham Vacation Resorts:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Every other year my husband and I rent a cabin from Wyndham and this year was somewhat of a disaster. We rented the cabin A View to Remember (they should rename it A Flood to Remember). The first night we were there it rained and the roof started leaking everywhere. It leaked upstairs all the way to the basement. We called the office right away, they sent their maintenance guy out and we obviously couldn't stay there, they had us move to a different cabin. They told us they could only put us in a cabin the same price that we paid for. Okay I can understand that. But we find out once we get home that the cabin that they moved us to was cheaper than the original.

Needless to say we got no money back. Now on to the new cabin, Zombeaver. It was a beautiful cabin unfortunately it had no view other than other cabins and trees. No biggy, it sucks but I can deal. We stayed for 2 weeks; the first week in I had put the trash in the bear proof trash bin as instructed. Well the next day we go to leave and a bear had literally broke the bear proof bin plus we find out that the hot tub is leaking. So we go to the office and report what happened. When we left he was telling me what was said. He asked her if this kind of thing happens all the time, she said to him it only happens to people that don't read the rental agreement, you're suppose to put the trash out in the morning and someone comes by and pick it up. (We were there for 2 weeks and only saw the guy once.)

I had actually read the agreement prior to signing it. Nowhere in the agreement that I have did it say to do that. I even re-read it thinking that maybe I might have missed it. I definitely did not. The people that my husband had talked to were rude to him and made us feel invaluable as customers, who spent a fortune on a cabin. This was our way of celebrating me being cancer free and our honeymoon. It was a stressful situation and it dampened our trip. Needless to say we will take our business and money elsewhere. There are plenty of other cabin rental places that I'm sure would be happy to have us.

My husband and I decided to take our daughter to Disneyworld for her 5th birthday. Our trip was planned from Thursday May, 5 to Sunday May 8, 2016. Thursday was for the ride down to Orlando, Fl. We spent 13 hours in a car with our 5-year-old and our screaming 17-month-old. We were driving from Mobile, AL to Orlando and 2 of those hours were spent in Gainesville getting a flat tire repaired. We had reservations at the Clarion Inn in Beuna Vista, FL. The "resort" was not as I expected but we stayed all the same. Upon our arrival, we were instructed to stop by the tourists desk to see what they had to offer us. We spoke with a woman who said that we could get discounted tickets if we were to watch a "90-minute" presentation. I was fully aware of what a timeshare presentation was as I have attended one years before. I was given a sheet of paper with departure times for the shuttle that would take us to the presentation.

We chose the last time available which was the 12:30 shuttle for the presentation at 1 pm. We got in the lobby around noon to wait so that we would not miss it by any chance. We chose the last time available because of the "90 minute" presentation, we wanted to be leaving the presentation by 3 pm, so that we could meet up with some friends at Magic Kingdom and be able to catch the light show that night. The shuttle arrived around 12:45 pm and took us several miles to the resort where the presentation was to be held. We finally arrive and have to wait for almost an hour for our family to be called. We were assigned an agent and by this time I was already upset at all of the time that had already been wasted. He asks, "Did they tell you this was a 90-minute presentation?" I told him that they did tell me that is was a "90-minute" presentation but we have already spent those "90 minutes" getting here and waiting to be called.

He asked us if we wanted to leave like we were wasting HIS time. I told him no because I had already given the lady at our resort almost $200 for these discounted tickets and I wanted my tickets, so we stayed for the presentation. We had to watch videos (as expected), and listen to someone speak (also expected), then we took a tour of this vast property (not expected). We had to walk a half mile to get to the model condo that they wanted us to see. When this whole ordeal was over, we had to walk the half mile back to the presentation room where they had more people set up for us to purchase the timeshare. By this time I was angry because it was now almost 5 pm. We told them we were not interested, especially after they kept stressing over and over again a "90-minute" presentation and we were entering hour 4, including the waiting we had done. They finally let us go and sent us to the "gifting" room.

There was line out the door in this gifting room filled with people waiting for what they were promised. This took another hour to get to the front desk. We finally get to the front desk and I requested that the teller give me the tickets that I already paid for and I requested a refund. I told her that we were victims of this company's false advertisement and it had cost us a day at the park. She said she could not do as I requested so I then requested a manager. The manager could have not cared any less than she did about my daughter's birthday trip and the time that they had taken away from her. She said she could not do as I asked so I asked her to get someone who could. She didn't bother, and by this time I was full blown upset. I was crying and fussing because they did not care that they had ruined my daughter's birthday and were not willing to compensate my family for our lost day at the park.

They called security and I was asked to leave. I only wanted them to compensate us for the time they had robbed my daughter off at Magic Kingdom. We ended up only being able to attend one park that Saturday, instead of 2 before we had to make the long drive back to Mobile. I tried finding a customer service line or forum for Club Wyndham but I was unsuccessful. I know that others have experienced this treatment because there were others in the "gifting" line that were upset behind their "90 minute" presentation. I hope that this review keeps them from doing this to other families.

My husband and I just got off the phone with a Club Wyndham representative and then her supervisor. Due to circumstances that I will not explain here, our Club Discovery date ended and we had not used any points, etc. We contacted Club Wyndham to request an extension. We were denied. Period. And we were denied a refund of well more than $3,000. We inquired if there were other options for resolving the issue. The reply was "we understand, but no." I would like to hear from others who have experienced this. I know of no other label for this except robbery or theft. Class action anyone?

Beware of Worldmark by Wyndham. They sell points to use their resorts but then make it nearly impossible to do so. We recently stayed at the resort in Indio and it was so filthy that we could not even walk on the carpet in our bare feet. As compensation for the inconvenience, we received a 2 night certificate for another vacation. Unfortunately, the certificate had SO MANY restrictions that it was basically worthless!!! When I called the customer care center, they basically told me tough luck. Do Not spend your hard earned money with these people.

I chose to book a hotel through Hotwire because they offered a great price for a 3 1/2 star hotel for my family trip to Dallas, TX. The Wyndham Garden North Hotel looked decent from outside and the lobby, and the room looked basic. First night: I rammed my leg into the footboard of the bed. The footboard stuck out approx. 5" from the end of the mattress and the bedspread covered it therefore there was no one of knowing the danger it posed. Three weeks later and it's still tender to the touch. 2nd night: We left the hotel at approx. 10 a.m. and returned at 9:30 p.m. only to discover the room had not been touched by Housekeeping and there were no clean towels to take a shower. I called and complained. Management apologized and assured me that it would be cleaned the next day.

Third night: We left the hotel at approx. 1:30 p.m. I left a tip on the bathroom counter for the cleaning people. We returned at approx. 10 p.m. to discover the money gone and the room just as we left it. Outraged does not begin to describe how I felt. The manager Topher said he would review the room entry log and deal with the person who took the money. He later notified me that the person was reprimanded and they would no longer be assigned to our room. No offer to refund a night or even a complimentary breakfast... nothing!

Fourth night: My two year old stumbled, fell, and hit the corner of his eye on that same sharp-cornered, dangerous footboard. Blood gushed from his eye and we had to rush him to the Emergency Room. We filled out an incident report and two days later we still were not contacted. Then when we did speak to Topher, the manager, he said that the general manager would contact me and my husband on Monday.

That same night we returned to the room only to discover once again this had not been cleaned! If that wasn't enough my son thought he seen a roach in the room!!! Immediately we started packing things up. We called the manager and he came to our room with another man that did a quote-unquote inspection of the room for evidence of roaches. Ultimately our room was switched. The following Monday I discovered that Topher was the general manager all along and they weren't going to do anything to compensate for my son's injuries.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

We purchased this service in Feb 2016. We paid $5000 for down payment out of $20,000. At that time, the sales manager described all good part of their service. They promise the service we purchased can support two weeks in most hotel. When I asked them what can I do if we don't want this service later, they told me we can sell it very easy. They have a department to help us. At that time, we googled and found this is a large company. So we trust all they told us and paid the $5000. NO ONE TOLD US WE CAN CANCEL CONTRACT WITH 10 DAYS FOR NO COST!!! (We are foreigners who can't read English contract in a short time!)

When we back, we found there were lots of complaint about this company, so I called them to cancel the contract. The 2nd time when I called them, one male representative said he met a lot of complaint like me, so he personal understand and very sorry about my bad experience. He told me there are two options, 1. I can give up $5000 and cancel the contract. 2. He can transfer me to another dept who help us resell. However there is a waiting list. I told him I will think about it then make decision.

However when we contact Wyndham again, all other representative denied that I can cancel this contract with my loss of $5000. (We NEVER use their service yet!!!) And sale dept said we HAVE TO pay $15000 of rest of our contract, then they can sell it for $2000-$3000! I can't believe what I heard! This is a business trick and cheating! I emailed back said I need stop payment and cancel my credit card due to this issue. And I need find a lawyer to sue Wyndham company. If anyone want to join me due to similar experience, please contact me. To other potential customer: PLEASE consider carefully before you sign the contract!

I will never stay at another Wyndham hotel ever. They took us for about $15,000. Instead of giving us a credit of $5,000 on a down payment timeshare they forged my wife's docusign signature. As a result we are stuck with a $6,000 PayPal bill. We have never used their timeshare and we don't want to. They LIED and CHEATED us. We are both professionals and would NEVER had agreed to do this. They totally took advantage of the situation. The people responsible for lying to us at the Wyndham Timeshare: Michelle **; Mary **.

Wyndham Vacations is the best experience my family and I have ever been on. We go to New York and California every year. The places are amazing. I'm looking to upgrade soon. If you love traveling, you're traveling with the best company who took care of my family. I don't know why so many bad reviews. I have been an owner for 7 years and I have never had an issue. Whatever I need I make sure to call them and they address it quick. Thank you Wyndham. I look forward to many great memories.

In March 2016 I was contacted by a fast talking sales representative of Wyndham Resorts and offered one of their 4 days, 3 nights deals for just $199.00. Now at this point, I didn't have a vacation location in mind. I was told that Wyndham has many, many properties that I can choose from. The sales rep then asked me to choose a location JUST FOR THE PURPOSE of generating the deal. I asked if I was locked into that location and she said "NO". This was just for the purpose of generating the paper work related to the package. "How about Orlando?" she suggested. I said "Ok". The package was generated and I received my package letter shortly after. About 4 months later, I called Wyndham Resorts to find out which locations are part of the package because I was now ready to select a location and book my family vacation. I was told by the customer service rep that there has been a change to the package.

The only location that is available to me is Orlando - the one that I chose initially. I explained to her that I was told by the sales rep who sold me the package that the choice was only for the purpose of the package. She said that the policy changed at the beginning of August and that my only option was the Orlando property. To say that I am angry, is an understatement. I am FURIOUS! INCENSED! And absolutely horrified at the blatant dishonesty of the company. I live in San Antonio, Texas and while I have plans to take a family vacation this year, I have no plans to travel to Orlando. The fact that my location options could be curtailed to ZERO was never, ever told to me. Prior to this, I would have said that Wyndham was a reputable company. Now, I am of the opinion that the company is totally dishonest.

We just got through a sales pitch in Destin FL. The guy that gave our tour was very nice. The guy that did the exit interview was extremely nasty. He clearly has some issue with women since he barely acknowledged me and addressed my husband the entire time. When we were answering his exit questions he started telling us how much money it costs to market and pay the electricity bill and the employees which was really awkward then as we were leaving I was talking to my husband and he interrupted and asked me "Is something wrong with you sweetie?" I don't know why this guy is their last ditch effort person, but he made me not ever want to sign up with them.

Sold timeshare experience to listen to sales pitch to purchase yet every date I tried to set they could not comply with dates requested. Want refund of $179. Stayed at Wyndham timeshare as a guest of a timeshare owner in Nov. 2015. Was contacted by vacations by Wyndham rep to purchase a 4-day stay at any of the locations to experience before purchase. I agreed selected destination of San Francisco. Was told I would receive packet material on contracts by mail. I never did. I immediately called to schedule the dates for a trip and none were available. I changed location to Nashville with new dates, not available. I tried Las Vegas with new dates, not available. I tried New Orleans with new dates, not available. I was never informed of the refund policy since I never received pkg information.

When booking a Disney trip I called the timeshare I stayed at to ask if I could use the stay I purchased. I was interested in purchasing the timeshare so they offered to give me rates on the purchase without having to sit in the seminar. At that time they also provided me with the sales package information by email since I never received on the 4day trip. I asked if I could get a refund on the trip of $179 if I moved forward with the purchase. They stated no. I asked if I could get a refund since no dates I am requesting were available. They said no. I was never informed of a 15 day cancellation by the sales rep over the phone or even the rep who was trying to help me with my Disney trip. I can’t even rate them a one star because the lack of knowledge, communication, and lies they told.

We stayed in the Poconos. We left to go to a wedding. When we returned our apt. was robbed. The police came and also Wyndham police force. The screen was cut out and then a door was broken into. They stole my son's PlayStation, games and controllers. I was told the following day that their insurance would pay for our loss. The insurance Co. 3 weeks later said that Wyndham had told them they were not responsible, we were. Don't know how we were able to stop this or be responsible for a robbery. Their door lock was later found to be broken before we were checked in yet they still refused to pay for our loss. It was only about 700 dollars. They will never see another dime of my money and I have tried to let as many people know not to stay there. Good Luck if you book any rooms or timeshares with this dishonest Co.

We called to make a reservation at Caesars Palace in Vegas. They asked if we wanted to spend $50 to get $50 back plus $200 in chips for a 2 hour presentation. We did. They said we go to the presentation at anytime (LIE) and it would take 2 hours (LIE). At first a nice women set down to talk to us but was replaced with a VERY rude man who ask the same 100 questions that she had just asked. They wanted to know if we were "BUYING" today??? Had yet to hear a price or a product. Then another starts a rambling speech to the entire group (you go in as a group). After he finally shuts up you go in a different room.

At 1 hour and 40 min this guy says "Are you ready to go take a ride." I said - "you have 20 mins left we aren't going for a ride." He says "Oh no your two hours doesn't start until "rambling" guy shuts up." I said -- "No way we were told 2 hours. You got 20 mins." Then the manager comes over and says "WHAT ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT". Seriously and you think I am buying so much as a glass of water from these people. He told us we had to sit there 20 mins until we get our promised gifts. I called the reservation number and started complaining, and soon we were told we could go get our "gifts". Talked to other people - they were there 3.5 or 4 hours. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. NOT WORTH THE FREE GIFT. IF YOU DO GO - BE STRONG. GIVE THEM 2 HOURS BUT DON'T BUY.

On July 10, 2016, I stay in a hotel room at Wyndham Hotel. When I checked the room was unclean, items left on the floor from last customer, lining dirty and roaches was I all over the room. I called the front desk several times, with no response for hour. We finally got maintenance to come in and spray. Then we were invaded by roaches. I asked for a refund then I was told about a (10) ten minute policy to request my money back that was never mention before checking in. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. I was very dissatisfied with the experience in the hotel!!!

Spent Thanksgiving at Wilderness in the Smokies for my daughter's birthday 2015. We checked in on the hotel side. The rep sent us to a lady at a desk by the stairs to get our coupon book full of savings. We walked over and started talking to her. She said it was her birthday too. Really? What a coincidence. She then said that we could get a free breakfast buffet and a week's free vacation to anywhere in the world we wanted to go for my husband and I and our two kids for free just for listening to a 60-minute presentation. Well who doesn't like a free breakfast and a free vacation? Especially when you have kids. The catch was we had to hold our spot for our free breakfast with a credit card charge of $20. Sounded fishy to me but she assured us we would get it back after the presentation.

So we scheduled the breakfast for the Friday after Thanksgiving. We show up at our assigned time of 8 am. We check in and wait for someone to come get us. A sweet lady named Karen comes and takes all 4 of us back to breakfast. The buffet consists of scrambled eggs and biscuits and bacon. So we get our food and cram ourselves on to the smallest table to eat. She is rushing us to eat saying another group is coming at 10 and we have to hurry. So she asks my kids if they like crafts and coloring. They say yes so she then asks us if she can take them to the coloring room. We say ok. It's only supposed to be for an hour anyway. She returns and begins her pitch. Asking about our vacation habits and spending and whatnot. She makes everything sound like we would have amazing vacations for the rest of our lives. She shows us the model condos, which are beautiful. She then brings some packages of points.

She tells us that since it is Black Friday they have great deals for anyone that signs up today. We end up buying the smallest amount of points we could afford. She threw in two "free" weeks of vacation and over 200,000 bonus points and VIP status for 2 years. We were excited since we were already planning to go to Disney World the next summer. She made it sound like we could do the hotel and tickets with nothing but points. Nope. We get home and forget about the points until January 2016. I start looking at places in Orlando to book our trip. Well turns out the free weeks have insane blackout dates and require $250 to use. Was able to book one of the nicer condos but it cost us all of our bonus points plus some of the regular. Tickets had to come out of pocket. No biggie.

Fast forward to the vacation time. June 2016. We arrive and check in. The check-in lady says that we, as VIP members, have been selected to attend a special presentation, only 1 hour of our vacation, and we get a free breakfast and a $100 Visa gift card. But it will require a $20 hold on our credit card. My husband, only seeing the $100 reward, signs us up. We pick a morning when it is supposed to rain. We show up for our free breakfast and VIP only meeting. What a joke. Breakfast was a muffin and watered down juice. They again took my kids to the daycare but left my nephew that was with us because he was 13 and too old for the daycare. We were assigned to Maria. A lady of Spanish descent which I think is because my husband, although is Filipino, is always mistaken for being Hispanic.

After the presentation, Maria takes us to her office. She says that she has looked over our contract and she can get us a better interest rate if we refinance today. So I am thinking, better interest rate means we will save money. "Ok," I say, "let's see what you can do." She leaves and returns with another sheet of paper. She says she can get us 200,000 more points for something like $690 a month. I say "no thank you, our budget is set in stone right now and we are not adjusting it." She looks at me like I was speaking a foreign language. She gets up and walks away. She returns a short time later with another offer. This one is $650 a month for 150,000 points. If we take this one we lose our 84,000 that we are paying $200 a month for. I again say "no thank you. Our budget is set. We cannot afford this payment." She has the nerve to ask why. She said we make enough money and should be able to pay it. I politely tell her that my income is not her business.

She gets up again and walks away only to return with yet another offer. This one is $500 something a month for points to only use every other year. I again tell her, more firmly this time, "no. We do not want to change our payments or points." She gets very angry with me and says that this is the best offer I will get and that "next time they will make you buy 400,000 points." I get just as angry and tell her "no one will ever MAKE me buy anything I do not want or cannot afford." She stares at me like I have just slapped her. I didn't but wanted to at this point. She gets up and walks away without so much as a "thank you for your time." About 5 min later another gentleman brings us our checkout paper and walks us to the door. We finished our vacation and when I returned home I wrote a complaint to Wyndham. All they did was tell me I was not required to attend the meetings.

So now it is almost August and we have 76,000 points to use or lose before March 2017. Because of our work schedules it is near impossible to take time off at Christmas or New Year's so we were trying to take a few days in September. How about everywhere I look is booked that weekend we want. And I do mean EVERYWHERE. I even tried a few random places. I tried Niagara Falls. Booked. Wisconsin. Booked. Any and every resort I looked at for the weekend in September is booked. I feel like maybe Maria flagged my account somehow to make it harder for me. Can't prove it but I would not put it past her. This company is crooked and I wish I had not fallen for their deception. If you are thinking of joining, don't. Just put aside $200-$300 a month for your vacations. It is so much easier.

I wanted to share our most recent experience with Club Wyndham with you. Background: We have been customers of the Wyndham timeshare family since 2005. During a member's update session in July 2014 (which really was a high pressure sales pitch to buy more points), they presented a 200,000 discovery package as an alternative to upgrade our membership so we could experience additional resorts and freeze the price on upgrading our existing timeshare in the future. When we said the additional points is a lot to use in a two year expiry period, in addition to the current points we own, the salesperson said it could be extended with no problem. So we bought the discovery package.

On June 21, 2016, I called the Member Services department and tried to book a reservation for the December time frame. I was told that our points were expiring in July and we would not be able to book the vacation. I requested an extension of our points so that we could use them in the December time frame. I spoke to Nadia and she told me that she would call me back to confirm the request.

No one from Wyndham ever called me back; I called again a several days later and spoke to someone else and they saw the notes from the previous call but did not have any answer for me but they promised they would get back to me. Again no one called me back. I also reached out to Claudia ** from the Bonnet Creek resort where we purchased the discovery package. I never received a response from her either. As of now, our points have expired and we lost 97,000 of the 200,000 points and our account is closed. Needless to say, we will not be upgrading our membership, buying any other packages, or attending any more "member update" sessions. I can't tell you the number of times that we've been disappointed with Wyndham: customer service, housekeeping fees, maintenance fee increases and spotty resort quality.

I am utterly disappointed with the service provided by Wyndham Australia in relation to a deal which they emailed to me. After purchasing the deal, I received a phone call from a representative who stated that "the dates which I wanted was NOT available". The deal I purchased was for 5 nights, 2 bedroom, 6 adults. The deal which was available was for 1 bedroom 3/2 nights, 2 adults. Clearly this is would cost us more! And even more clearly, one could see how Wyndham deals are made to entice consumers at the first place then mislead them to an expensive deal. This is false advertising.

I was informed by the consultant that the deals are specifically the promotional seminar and when I said that I wasn't interested in purchasing a timeshare with them, I was told that this deal won’t apply to me. At no time did I say that I will not attend the seminar. But a restraint of trade was applied to me. Hello, this is Australia. And to top it, Wyndham did not have anyone from the resolutions team to chat with me. This is a joke. Moving forward, I will seek further legal avenues Wyndham's action. Although, I will never promote Wyndham to anyone, I strongly suggest people NOT to get caught in this trap as you will be very disappointed. I am going to lodge a complaint with ACCC, Fair Trading in regards to the false advertisement.

Myrtle Beach SC - Ocean Blue Condos. I am writing this email to express my disappointment with the rental property we occupied this past week. I was appalled at the fact this unit was advertised as a Luxury Condo. It cost us over 5k to rent for the week. While I expect that every Ocean front property has some defects, the amount of issues we found with this unit was totally unacceptable. I have traveled to the beach every year for the last 40+ years in just about every state on the east coast. I have been to Myrtle Beach several times over the past 10 years and experienced excellent accommodations until this year when I decided to use Wyndham.

I decided to share my MB experiences with some friends who had never been to South Carolina. I was not only disappointed, I was embarrassed and ashamed of my choice of accommodations. If I had to rate this 5 bedroom Condo on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worst), I would give it a 1 only because of the awesome view off the deck. This place was not only a wreck, it was unsafe for all of our children. Although they did make an attempt to correct some of the issues, that attempt was not nearly enough. Below is list of all the deficiencies found. At least these are the ones we can remember. I took pictures of most of these issues and will sent them to no avail.

Upon arrival there was another car in our space in the garage. Several hours later it was removed. Plastic light fixture had burn hole from light bulb. It kept falling out and needed to be put back in place. Ceiling Water stain around bathroom light fixture. Garbage Disposal jammed a penny found inside which my wife removed. Three broken patio chairs that were extremely unsafe/dangerous. Hole in back of closet door. Dust on tables so thick you could draw in it. Stickers on table in living room. Lights out in 4 rooms. Door knobs missing on 2 closet doors with pointed screws sticking out. (Extremely unsafe). Several toilets clogged. Several drains clogged. Chair broken in living room. AC dirty filters removed and left in closet. Neither unit had any filters installed. Unit covered in dirt extremely unhealthy. Carpet extremely worn and carpet nails sticking up through carpet catching on people's feet.

All closets had mirrors laying on the floor and holes in wall where they had fallen off. Hall Closet full of broken items. Not one single TV remote worked. Some were missing batteries and others taped shut with Band-Aids. New remotes and batteries were delivered by maintenance and left for us to program. Really? Blower in one of the freezers hummed loudly all week. One of the ice makers in the fridge on the right side (facing/looking into kitchen) did not work. Spot lights from Garage shined in my guests room all week. Forcing them to cover windows with blankets and towels. They got little sleep all week. Overhead light in guest room was burnt out and full of bugs as our guests were forced to change their own light bulbs after maintenance dropped them off. Mold was present in the shower.

All beds were horrible to sleep in. Springs popping all night. You would literally roll off the bed if you were not in the middle. Bed was detached from head board. Coffee Pot had dried coffee grinds in the bottom of the pot. Guest bathroom had wallpaper ripped at closet opening. Air diffuser in hallway was hanging down and only held on by one screw. Air vent on clothes drier wasn't connected at all. Maintenance was able to fix on 2nd day.

As you can see, this did not make for a very pleasant vacation or first time experience for our friends. I highly suggested they make some of these repairs before someone gets badly injured. I also requested a full refund for cleaning. Their cleaning staff needs to be coached on the term clean. I highly recommended they replace the staff with some competent individuals.

On August 5, 2010 we were at the Bally's casino in Las Vegas. We were approached by a Wyndham representative offering us several freebies, such as show tickets and dining coupons, if we would attend a 90-minute presentation at their local resort. We agreed. We arrived at the location where there was a crowd of people all there for the same reason. We met with the representative, who asked us about our vacation and travel experiences. Since we had traveled quite a bit, she asked us how much we spent on our vacations. We estimated we spent about $3,000 to $5,000 per vacation, which we took every couple of years. The representative set about to convince us that we could get the same kind of vacations for less money through club Wyndham.

We were shown a huge catalog of resorts all around the world. All these would be available to us to use whenever we wanted. And that we would be able to use our points towards airfare as well. The representative explained their points system, and the cost. It seemed reasonable, so we bought the lowest amount of points. We figured we could pool them and take advantage of the fabulous resorts every couple of years. Upon agreeing to buy into the club, we were handed page upon page of information we were supposed to sign and initial. All their rules, exceptions, policies, etc. all of which we were to read, understand, and sign in less than two hours. It was overwhelming, to say the least. We didn't know enough to ask the right questions, let alone understand the documents we had before us. Truthfully, buying our house was less complicated.

Our first use of our points included bonus points we were awarded for buying into the program. So we were able to go to a very nice and new resort in National Harbor, MD. That's when sales a representative started pressuring us to buy more points so we could continue to use such lovely resorts as the one we were in. Reality hit us at that point. The number of points we bought, for a hefty price of $22,100, was not enough to go to many of those resorts. Buried in the mountain of paperwork we were rushed through to sign. When we signed up for the program in 2010, there was a provision that if we didn't use our points within our Usage Year, the points would expire. We found that out the hard way at the end of 2015 when Wyndham notified us we were about to lose our 2015 points. The only way we would not lose the points was to roll them over into their RCI affiliate.

We had intended to pool the points to use for a trip in 2016, when we'd have 110,000 points at our disposal. Not possible unless we used our 2017 points along with our 2016 points. Of course, should we not be able to travel 2016, we'd be out 110,000 points. This certainly rendered their promise of vacationing anywhere at any time untrue. Each time we used the benefits, we were pressured into buying more points so that we could travel every year, even though we don't want to be locked into their program, or to have to travel every year. We are not interested in buying more points, and we are very angry that Wyndham took 105,000 points away from us. Also, due to my newly diagnosed health issues, planning a trip a year ahead of time so that we can be sure to use the points and not lose them, is no longer an option.

Finally, the $230.68/month, ($2,768.16/year) plus the $57.22/month ($686.84/year) for maintenance we are paying for our 105,000 points is not a good value. We have researched travel agencies and discovered that we can get very good deals on both hotel and airfare for far less than $3454.00, and we can save what we are able to save and travel when we've saved enough money to travel. In summary, this program is a financial drain on us, forces us to plan too far ahead for trips we may not be able to take, takes back points we have paid for, and doesn't provide the value they claim.

My husband travels a lot for work. His employer gives him a max of $70 per night so he always bundles his flight and hotel for cheaper rates. Super 8 motel is generally the most common motel that pops up for him. He stayed last night at a Super 8 Motel in Camp Springs MD, Room 175. Last night he got bed bugs. I wish I could say this is the first time he has experienced this however, this will be the SECOND Super 8 motel he has stayed at that has given him BED BUGS!!!

I contacted the front desk to complain about this since I know my husband is trying to get his stuff cleaned and buy new clothes, etc all while trying to go to meetings with clients. The front desk guy was a jerk his name was GENE! He proceeded to tell me he wasn't management therefore couldn't do anything. I advised him that since he is front desk he should have better customer service and I was warning him that other guest may contract these disgusting bugs. He said to contact Wyndham hotels for all complaints. I told him I would but would appreciate something to be done about this immediately. He told me he was too busy and hung up on me.

After reading other reviews about this disgusting place I could see others did not have any better of an experience. I tried contacting Wyndham every number, every option leads you on a 20+ min hold or longer after 30 mins I would give up. You do however have an option to leave a voicemail. I never trust those messaging systems. Give me a live person. They need to do something about their business asap!

My husband and I stayed at Microtel Inn/Suites by Wyndham June 16-19, 2016. Upon checkout there was no mention of damaged towels. When I arrived back in my home state I checked my account and had a negative balance. I immediately called the hotel and was told that I was billed for damaged towels (4 washcloths, 2 towels and a hand towel). The housekeeping supervisor would be in tomorrow (Monday). I called back Monday morning and spoke with Amy ** the General Manager, she said she was investigating that she just got in when I called. She stated that the large towels were being washed and that she did not know what the damage was. I made a complaint to the customer care department for Wyndham and that was a waste of time. I found out today that I had to deal with the GM and she stated that she contacted me which was a lie.

I left two voice messages requesting a call back also requesting the pictures, documentation and invoice that shows the cost to replace the towels. I used Caress body wash on the wash cloths and I don't know how I damaged the towels and hand towels they were used to dry our bodies off and a Caress representative said the body wash is water soluble and that it washes out. I was at the hotel from the 16th through the19th and they should have addressed this issue with me before I left. How do I know what I'm responsible for. I am on a fixed income recovering from a stem cell transplant and this stress does not help. This has probably been one of the worst experiences that I have had. I'm still waiting to hear from the GM. I would not recommend that anyone stay at any of the WYNDHAM chains.

We were in Panama City Beach, Florida on vacation at the Wyndham in August 2015. We have 2 timeshares that we book through RCI, which has been purchased by Wyndham. They always pressure you to go to a presentation to see what changes have been made. We told them no. Later they called our room and asked again. We said OK and went to the meeting. The only thing they are trying to do is sell you a timeshare. We told them we were not interested but then they bring someone else to sell to you. This is where the lies started.

We told them we already owned two timeshares and where they were located. We also told them we booked through RCI and had paid to be in the points system. They told us we could buy the minimum number of points with Wyndham. For $17,200.00 we would get 105,000 points. They would pick the points we were getting with RCI and we would be Silver and have 413,000 points. So we made the worst mistake of our lives, we purchased.

They told us we needed to use up any points we had with RCI in 2015 before we faxed the paperwork. They gave us to RCI after January 1st, 2016 and RCI would transfer our 2016 points to Wyndham. We did what they told us to do. When I called Wyndham on June 8, 2016 to book our vacation I was told we only had 105,000 points and to have my other timeshares picked I would have to pay $89.00 for each. I told her we weren't told it would cost anything and I thought the picks were already done, that we had faxed the paperwork Wyndham gave us the first of the year like they told us to do.

She called RCI and told him what we wanted. I was told we only had one timeshare that we got in April from other timeshare company where we had purchased the other two from. Because we had cancel the others we didn't have but one and did I want to give it to Wyndham. Of course I said no. They told us other things to get us to purchase that I now have doubts about also. I would tell anyone who asks me about Wyndham Vacation resorts to avoid them like the plague. I don't understand why with so many people being scammed by these people how they are getting by with it and are still in business.

My wife and I are current members of Wyndham Vacation Resorts. We continue to be solicited by Wyndham to increase our membership using deceptive and unfair sales practices. If you have experienced the same and would like to join a class action suit against Wyndham please reply.

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Wyndham Daytona Beach. This is NOT a $250.00 per night room. Room 801 A. They are seriously dated, unclean, in poor repair. In addition employees talk down to customers and more than one of them is just plain rude. Loose door handles, paint peeling, doors laminating, glass tables broken and not replaced, plumbing fixtures damaged, AC didn't work properly, entry door stop missing rubber softener, rooms just filthy. Poor maintenance, poor maid service. I usually stay at the Hawaiian Inn but thought it would be a nice treat for the family to upgrade this year. Man was I disappointed. I could get a nicer room at the Hawaiian for less than half of what I paid at the Wyndham.

It is ashamed that staying at some very nice properties (we have been at nearly 20) is totally ruined by a very dishonest company - and I do not use the word "dishonest" lightly - Wyndham has earned it over and over again. Best advice to anyone not in Wyndham - DON'T START!! This is mainly directed at Wyndham Vacation Resorts but could easily include Wyndham Rewards, which although not dishonest, is another very misleading operation.

Riding on an elevator at a Wyndham Resort with another owner is a revealing experience as almost everyone has the same negative experience and if they are carrying the telltale (I just spent more money) bag stuffed with useless information, they are torn between mad, and emotionally trained from what they have been through. I repeat, DON'T START! If you want to stay at these resorts, pay the price and forget the "ownership". We are embarrassed that we got into this and will do anything we can to help others avoid the same.

Condo had many issues. Broken dining room chairs, non-working ice machine, taped shelves in refrigerator, lack of wine glasses, old torn leather couches, no batteries in TV remotes, old washing machine and old dish washer. Also condo was being sold which we were not told. I sent a letter to Wyndham Vacation Rentals and received no response. Positive value was great ocean view and location.

Wasted 2 full days last week listening to the reps tell me about something I did not want to hear and it had NOTHING to do with the reason I was there. I wanted points converted to maintenance fees. They kept trying to sell me into the New York City site. Not interesting as we didn't lose anything there. Went back on the second day thinking I would get what I wanted done on that day. Are you kidding, it did not happen! I noticed one contract number was missing a digit but was informed it would be corrected before the papers were finalized.

In the Quality Assurance room, I came "unglued" when I noticed the contract number was still wrong and told them that they couldn't do one little thing correctly. I came for one thing and it still wasn't done. I am leaving and the contract is not going to be signed! I would love to see the video recording of me and my actions! Bet they won't want to hear my name AGAIN. Also discovered that some of our points are not usable, they don't explain things WELL at all. PS: Never received an email from your firm before I wrote this review. Better check on your people while you are at it!!!

I purchased a vacation getaway in New York and what was included was: 3 days and 2 nights in a Hotel in NY rated 3 stars or higher Plus a gift of a $75 American Express Card - which I never got. When checking in to the New Yorker I was told they didn't have a welcome package for me and as far as everyone there - no one worked for Wyndham. Had no idea what I was talking about. The hotel room was extremely small for me and my sister and you could hardly turn around in the bathroom. Had one queen size bed. Had to travel all across town to the Wyndham presentation (by cab) - could have had the presentation at the New Yorker to make it more convenient for people attending the sales presentation. (Although the presentor, Shauna, did a great job). I am pretty pissed about not receiving the promised gift card and I noted it on the questionnaire Shauna had me complete.

Our experience with Wyndham has been a nightmare from the beginning. The presentations are anything but brief, the sales agents engage in high-pressure tactics to sell, and their customer service is practically non-existent, despite all of their claims to the contrary. The presentation was to include a "large breakfast". However, the Wyndham agent kept saying things were running late. We wanted to leave, but he kept assuring us that the transport vehicle to take us to the resort would be here soon. It did not show up until noon. We were assured there would be a big lunch. It was a small piece of chicken and a few string beans. We were told the presentation would be brief. It was, in fact, over three hours long.

The sales agent was pressuring us to buy a timeshare. We repeatedly said we could not afford it (100,000 dollars American). He left and came back with two other gentlemen. I asked him why he had brought over two managers... the managers told us they were meeting everyone. I mentioned I had not seen them go over and greet anyone else. I told them I was very uncomfortable and that I had no intention of purchasing a timeshare. One manager invited us into his office. I again explained that we did not want to buy a timeshare for that amount of money. He suggested a Discovery Vacation, where for a small amount we could stay for a brief time at a timeshare. We agreed. When we arrived home from our vacation, we received a notice that our bill was overdue. I tried calling several times... and could never reach an agent by phone.

I decided to use the Wyndham website and emailed for more information. NO one ever responded to my emails. I left phone messages... my calls were never returned. I paid using my credit card, and received confirmation numbers that I had paid, but received another letter stating the payment was overdue. I finally reached an agent by phone, several months later. She informed me that I was not permitted to make credit card payments by phone for Discovery Vacations. I told her I had received confirmation numbers for my payments and she again said this was not permitted. The paperwork we have says we have until July 17, 2017 to use the Discovery Vacation. However, our account on the Wyndham website says we had until March of 2016. I have since been trying to reach Wyndham once again for information but my calls go unanswered. I would never recommend this company and I will never do business with them again.

We were on vacation for our 6th anniversary. We were in the Smoky Mountains staying in Pigeon Forge, TN. My wife and I saw a booth for all the shows they had going on. We stopped and told the lady we wanted to get tickets to the Dixie Stampede. She told us about a deal where we could get free tickets to go if we just took a tour of the Jimmy Buffet's Hotel at The Island. Ah but one of the qualifiers was that you had to make 60 grand a year. We make just under that. So she throws in another show at half the cost if we go. We accept. It was supposed to be a 2 hour tour. So we show up next morning. Bill the salesman meets with us and takes us upstairs. Already the lies and b.s. start. Oh we are not obligated to buy anything. No sales pressure. Blah blah blah. He goes over who Wyndham is and how big they are and how the program works. We go over to the hotel and see the presidential suite. Gorgeous room I must say.

He goes on with his presentation in the room. He starts repeating himself on stuff. Over and over and over. "We don't want pressure you. Wyndham doesn't want you to buy something you don't want." When we finally got back where we started and he brings a corporate guy in to talk with us. He shows us the proposal. I look at the numbers and see there is no way we are going to afford this. He shows a second proposal. Same thing. I tell them no. They start in on how great it is. How much we are saving, etc., etc. I said not interested. They were not going to take no for an answer. My wife gets upset and starts crying. Corporate guy leaves. I get angry and said "I thought you said you were not going to pressure us?" He said, "We're not trying to pressure you." I told my wife "Let's just go".

My wife told Bill that we do not even make the minimum they requested. Then their tune changed. They got apologetic and asked for all the information we had on the lady who got us into this crap. Then they send us to the closer guy. One last ditch effort to rope is in. He gave his proposal and I refused. He was not pushy. He just let us leave with what we needed to get our gifts. Two hours turned into 3. I wish I would have researched this company and read these reviews before wasting my time with them. I just cannot understand how someone could enjoy their job by ripping people off like these Wyndham people are doing! Have you no conscience? Have you no compassion for your fellow man? We were just lucky we did not qualify in the first place. I was so ecstatic when we were finally free of these con artists. Never ever will I do business with Wyndham again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.
  • Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.
  • Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.
  • Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.
  • Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.
  • Best for Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Compare Timeshares