1.21/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Last updated: April 26, 2018

586 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 26, 2018

All of the previous reviews on this page mimic my experiences with the pushy sales personnel, marketing team that lures you into the sales pitch notoriously lying about the reason for or length of any presentation, etc. I have been an owner now for over 15 years and am appalled by the continuous deception and misrepresentation by this company. Over the past 3 years there have been numerous "upgrades" to their reservation and booking system. It appears that they are now designed to limit your ability to book vacations as an owner. Just today I attempted to book a 3 night stay at the Wyndham National Harbor. The online booking calendar shows full availability on some days and limited availability on others, but when you choose the dates suddenly you receive a message that no rooms are available for a "continuous stay."

What makes this upsetting and ridiculous is that I could easily book a room through Booking.com or TripAdvisor for the exact same dates, but to the tune of $494/night. So Wyndham is in the business of selling deeds to units marketed as points that you can use anywhere, however, you can't always use said points and are blocked from booking - yet they triple their money and continually beat earnings projections - likely because they now have your money and are holding back rooms to sell on websites and lure in more potential buyers. Save your money on their costly upfront buyer fees and long term annual dues!!! Just book rooms at the places you want to visit. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I feel so bad when I am reading these reviews for all those people who also got stuck in this situation. I wish I read these reviews before getting trapped. We went on vacation to Panama City Beach and we were in Pier Park when these sales people tried to pitch 7 days nights for $75. They told us, "You just have to attend the Presentation next day for 90 minutes." We stayed at Sheraton Bay Point and we had to check out at 11AM. We attended the presentation from 8.30 to 10.30 AM and after that the sales representative took us to her desk. Each person had one sales rep assigned to them. She (Rosario **) started giving us the details about all the resorts and hotels we can stay we become a member. We were keep on asking how much is it but she wasted 2 hrs and did not tell us the price.

Then she said, "My finance person will explain you about the price." This finance lady called Brandie came and she started explaining and said, "You have to pay $23000 for 150,000 points and you will get free vacation for lifetime or pay $125000 for 400000 points." We asked how much points is the one night worth. She said 6000 points but then asked if you get the expensive hotel it will be more points. She said, "Yeah. Not more than 15000 points a night." I asked her if we did not like it and want to exit out then what do we need to do. She said, "There is a exit program but we do not have details." I got suspicious and then I said, "We have to check out our hotel and we will come back." She and her finance manager then forced my husband to say, "Just fill these papers and to know if you qualify." I said no then she then again forced my husband. My husband filled the paper just to get a qualification info.

We went to check out our hotel and as soon as we went out I called this lady and said, "Do not check anything unless we come back." Over the phone she said, "Yes. We will do when you will come back," and then texted me back after few minutes that my finance manager already ran a credit check. I got so angry and by the time we came back we decided we will not take this thing. We came back and said we do not want this and declining this offer. They again forced us but we said no. Then she took us to some other manager and said he just wants to a decline survey. This person asked few questions like why we are declining and all. Then this person again offered if you pay $3300 you will get 400000 point for 2 years and if you like it you can continue otherwise you can exit. We still said no and declined the offer. We got up and collected the $75 voucher which we initially paid for.

Guess what then? We started receiving emails after 3-4 hrs that your Barclays card has been approved and Wyndham Blue membership info. We did not sign up for all this. We were on our way to Georgia from our vacation and once we reached home we got another email that you will receive your Barclays card within 7-10 business days. Me and my husband both called Barclays and got to know they opened a card in my name. I told them to cancel the card and I was so angry as they mis-used my info without my consent. It's not finished yet. This morning 04/12/2018 at 7 AM I received another email that "thank you for using Wyndham visa card. You are now a Gold member."

Yesterday I was blue member and today they made me gold member. I realized they might have opened Wyndham visa card for me. I am trying to call Wyndham customer care on the no. given everywhere on their website and all over internet 1.866.996.7937. But when you call this no. they tell you to listen to another offer but there is no option to talk to anyone. I am so concerned now that they are using my identity to do this. I do not know what else to do to stop them. I am so thankful that I did not sign up for their scheme but this is so awful that they are using me and my husband's identity now. Also, in their scheme they do not tell you about the cleaning and maintenance fee which you have to pay rest of your life which is actually a hotel price if you look at it carefully.

This is a big SCAM. I am read so many reviews here and I think so many people are trapped. Somebody please suggest me what to do and how can we do a complaint about them. How these sales rep sleep at night by scamming so many people. One more thing to add the voucher they gave us for $75 is not worth anything. Once you book a hotel then go to the hotel they can say it's not available or you can upgrade. Once you upgrade they will charge you between 100-1400$ for a week which is written in their letter they attached with the voucher. I am not even going to bother to redeem that voucher. I do not want any more of my info to be given to them. I hope this is helpful for anyone. Also I hope someone can suggest me to stop them from using my identity.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have been a WorldMark owner for 16 years and recently stayed at the New Orleans resort. I got suckered into buying a Wyndham My Club membership by Jen at the resort. Jen described all of these great resorts that are available including Margaritaville properties and Emerald Grande in Destin, FL. I was also told we can book 13 months out. Unfortunately, my 250,000 points won't even get me 1 week at those resorts. Basically, the only resorts I can use are the ones I already had through WorldMark. DO NOT BUY WYNDHAM. IT IS A TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM. THE SALES PEOPLE WILL LIE TO MAKE A SALE. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I thought dealing with the car dealers was the worst until last Sunday 04/08 I met those sales group from Wyndham Vacation Resorts (Nashville, TN). Being told that it would only be 90 mins sitting through the presentation, my wife and I had to go through a 3 hour fight with those disrespectful, dishonest sales group except one lady named Natalie who is new. We had to deal with 5 different persons: 2 sales representatives, manager, survey person, check out manager. Once we said that we would not buy it today, they started with those intimidating/insulting questions and comments. And I even got to exchange some heated words with the mid-aged female check out manager who said that we were there only for the gift, and "could not afford the trips".

And no, we did not buy anything from them. And no, we did not fill any form asking for our financial info including the SSN. We are very proud of ourselves not giving in. And I feel sorry for those people (most seniors) who fell into their traps. Also I honestly don't know how those salepersons could sleep at night. And how they could go home everyday after work and look at their children (or grandchildren) in the eye, thinking proudly: "I scammed 5 seniors who are at the age of your grandpa/grandma".

Original review: April 9, 2018

Made the mistake of letting them transfer me to hear about a room rebate and gave my card info to a scummy third party business called Trilegiant who despite having cancelled their "membership" keep charging me monthly fees. I better get reimbursed and it better stop happening. I will never use your resorts again and I hope this deters others from staying with you too. Thanks a lot for the gross room and the hassle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: March 28, 2018

2/18/2018 -- I called to check on Wyndham Rewards points and was transferred to hear about "a wonderful offer" they had. I was told I could stay at a Wyndham property for three nights for $249. I mentioned we might go to San Deigo. The rep said that was no problem at all. I asked; "what if we end up not going there". I was reassured that we could use it at any Wyndham, as long as it was before Dec 31, 2018. I decided to sign up. I then called a couple wks later wanting to book the San Diego trip. I was on the phone for almost 2 hrs, yes, 2 hrs, trying to do the booking. I was transferred from dept to dept and told I needed call this number and that number in order to book the stay. I was livid, furious and totally discussed. Finally, I reached "William", he told me Wyndham had no hotels in San Deigo that were part of this program.

Basically, all the info I received at the original purchase time was false, those are my words not William's. I told William that I was assured, at the time of the purchase, San Deigo was no problem. William told me he would have to request the recording info to verify I did mention San Deigo. If that in fact was correct, he would issue a refund for the full amount. I was appalled! I said; "What happened to the customer always being right?" His response was that if the recording confirmed I specifically said San Deigo then I would receive a credit.

He was going to call me back the next day. Of course he didn't, but I contacted him the following day. Of course, William wasn't working that day, I then said that I wanted to talk with a supervisor. At that point the woman told me the info I said I had given was verified to be correct and a refund would be issued. Three days later I received confirmation of the credit. From my experience, dealing with Wyndham Club, I'll never have a good thing to share about them. I tell my story to everyone and anyone, including in a forum setting, about my dealings with Wyndham.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have been a member for over 26 years. My contract states I am to pay annual fees. I choose to pay quarterly. So long as the beginning of the year I have paid the last year, it has never been an issue for 26 years. This year, I received a collection call and immediately got online to make sure I did not have any payments owing. I saw amounts owing so I paid online through the Wyndham site. I kept getting calls and continued to go online to be sure I was current. Finally, I called Wyndham who said they referred it to a collection agency, they were taking payments and sending it to the agency who applied it to their fees first so I always remained late on quarterly fees. Further, their site kept taking payments but never updated amounts outstanding; I looked current on rolling amounts owed.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We have been Wyndham owners for 6 years. The driving factor to buy into Wyndham was the sales pitch about flexibility and booking great vacations. Six years later, I can tell you that our "great" points package is garbage. If you can not purchase at least 200,000 points and you can not book your vacation at least 10 months out, don't waste your time. Like many families we are busy with work, sports and school. We often fit vacations in at the last minute and generally in the offseason which was explained in great lengths when we sat down with our salesperson. When we purchased our timeshare, it came with 200,000 in bonus points.

Once we used those points (all in the offseason on 2 vacations) our experience went downhill fast. What is more aggravating, is while as a Wyndham owner, the website will tell you the resort of your choice is completely booked, however you can go on VRBO, Hotels.com, Wyndham Extra Vacations and find that you can rent at a Wyndham property for an absurd amount of money. A loophole that owners have found to make money off their timeshare. If you mention this when you call in, you will be given many different reasons why this is allowed. Then you will basically be told that it is your fault for not booking in advance. I was also told that I should call in for assistance when booking vacations, that a representative would be better able to assist.

The assistance was great! I called in asking for assistance in booking a vacation in Myrtle Beach (we are from upstate NY so this is about a 12hour drive) the representative was very happy to tell me that Myrtle Beach is booked (again unless I want to pay $250 a night on hotels.com) but I can happily book Atlantic City! A bit of a difference from a family trip in warm weather to an adult trip in cool weather. The kicker is trying to sell it. It is worth absolutely nothing. So we are stuck with a timeshare we can happily use in Atlantic City or The Poconos, but anything else, unless we book 10 months out in the offseason is off limits.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We were sucked in by a very high pressure sales team to buy a Timeshare supposedly a great investment, in reality it is a total scam. You can't get out of your contract, they say it's a great investment. In reality it's worthless. DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I recently accompanied a relative, who owns a timeshare with Plantation, for an HOA meeting and (what she thought) a Wyndham presentation. Wyndham sales staff stated they were now co-owners with Plantation (the signs do state Wyndham Plantation Resort) and when we told them we had to go to the HOA meeting, they said it was combined with the sales meeting; both of which were lies.

The Wyndham Sales Staff did so many underhanded tactics; trying to get lure me away from my older relative so they could get her to sign something; the co-ownership life; the combined meeting lie; not telling us how much money it would cost and how many points were needed to reserve any type of room (kept saying they were waiting on Joey to calculate - then we Joey joined us, she was waiting on someone else to do it); even saying they meet my relative before at previous meetings (a lie).

My relative kept repeating she was not signing anything that day, that she wanted to think about it and they kept repeating "the meeting is not over yet and you will not get your free dinner tickets and vacation voucher if you don't stay till the end of the presentation" (which were promised if we attended, but it was obvious that unless she bought into Wyndham the presentation would never be over); having 4 additional sales staff (evidently each one was the manager of the previous one-up the chain of command/power I guess) try to talk her into signing over her property to Wyndham for points. There were 3 people gathering around her, pressuring my elder relative to take out a loan or at least let them run a credit check and the lady they called Joey, kept jamming her finger on a paper, saying over and over "just initial here; just initial here" when my relative finally had enough (I had already got up and was walking out).

Finally after 3 1/2 hours of the most unscrupulous sales tactics I have ever been a witness to we just got up and walked out as they shouted, "You're not getting your vouchers." Really -- No Lie! After the "presentation" we went to the Plantation Desk Manager, who informed us they had multiple complaints about the "presentations" and that Wyndham had purchased timeshares where the maintenance fees had not been paid and they owned about 10% of Plantation. He said they placed Wyndham's name first because they had more brand recognition. I told him they may want to reconsider using the Wyndham name!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I stayed in a local Wyndham, I had to call them the next day because they charged me for Valley parking even though I self-parked. They offered me 3 nights for the price of one telling me I could stay at any of their locations, I decided why not. However when I called to book the room I was not able to stay in any location but 3... 3 options only! I asked for my money back because they lied. The lady told me they will review the call. It has been weeks and I just called to follow up and I was told there had been no notations to my account about reviewing the call and I could not have my money back.

I will NEVER stay at a Wyndham again. My original stay was at the Downtown San Deigo, CA location. The room and hallway smelled like cigarettes, when I called and asked a switch rooms they said there is no smoking rooms at all so it shouldn't smell like that at all and oh well for me. All around worst service, poor rooms, don't deal with them. Would give no stars if I could.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We were suckered in last December to purchase a point driven timeshare. Almost immediately, we were being misled and told different stories by those we were interacting with. Unfortunately we did not realize this until after we finalized our agreement. After a frustrating initial process, we decided to give this a real chance. Struggling with their horrible website, we contacted our “salesmen” who pointed us to customer service and told us to speak with them. (Typical response from everyone you will talk to.)

Customer service was not helpful and basically told us we just needed to spend more time learning their system. Our issue was, that every location we were trying to book, had no availability. My question was... is why can't I put in the dates I want to travel, unit size needed and get results for all units throughout the world or designated country, that meets my needs. We were told "our system can't handle that and we needed to search by specific locations". What a joke. After explaining my frustration to the customer representative and learning there was not much more they could assist with I hung up very pissed off.

Within two days we had vacation specialist contact us explaining they had a program for new owners that would help to alleviate our frustration and help to learn their booking system. All we had to do was pick a destination off of their list for $249 for 4 days/3 nights, to spend some time with experts to help show us the ropes and become comfortable with their services. Putting faith into the individual we were speaking to, we agreed to book this vacation. Upon receipt of our itinerary, we noticed that nothing that we discussed or agreed upon was accurate in the booking reservation. I immediately called the helpline to get this corrected.

Unfortunately I spent nearly 20 minutes on hold before I was able to reach the first person at Wyndham resorts. They were not able to help me and forwarded me on to a supervisor. After another lengthy wait on hold I finally reached someone that told me the information presented to us was completely inaccurate and vacation I had paid for was not going to meet our expectations. At that time being extremely frustrated we asked for a full refund of the vacation price. While that refund is in the process of working through the system I asked for a confirmation email to please be sent confirming cancellation of this vacation.

Unfortunately that email never came, so I called back the next day asking for some sort of confirmation that this was canceled. After waiting again for over 20 minutes I was able to finally speak to someone they told me they do not send confirmation emails on cancellations and that I needed to trust them that the refund was in process and would posted within a few days. Even though I explain to this representative that we had been lied to and missed lead multiple times since purchasing our timeshare, I was leery to believe a word they were saying and requested some sort of confirmation via email be sent. He basically told us that all documentation is done on templates and they do not have a template for canceled reservations. I find that hard to believe and pretty pathetic from an organization such as Wyndham resorts.

Bottom line is for anybody that is considering purchasing a timeshare through Wyndham resorts I would encourage you to read all of the reviews, consider a horrible customer service and issues other members have had before you make a ridiculous decision like we did. Currently we are reviewing our options to cancel this purchase or potentially sue the organization. From day one this is been not only a nightmare but a frustrating experience but no new timeshare owners should have to go through. Save your money and your headaches and spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was planning a vacation on next week with Wyndham, and I’ve had several problems! I booked last Saturday and was told that I’d receive a confirmation & that she would put me in a hotel that she liked and I could look later and change it if I wanted to. Well, I waited about 2 days & still no confirmation. I called back on this past Monday to rebook because I didn’t think it went through. By then, I check my bank statement & it had posted. My reservation that I made Monday, I was offered a better deal which was an extra night and $200 gift card. I was told that I could cancel the first reservation and that I didn’t receive the confirmation because my name wasn’t spelled correctly, my address was incorrect, and also my email. Clearly my bank info was correct though.

Stay with me here! So now, I have 2 reservations!?? I called Monday to cancel the first one. The rep placed me on hold for 30 minutes & the phone hung up on its own. I called back & the office was closed??? So by then I was wondering if they receive my request??? Because he told I would have to speak to another department to confirm.

Needless to say, I called back Wednesday morning, and the rep was sick, but still working. She told me nothing was available in Destin after I’d already booked and received my email confirmation the 2nd go around and then I had a confirmation for the first one, only I never received it due to the mistake. Easy fix right??? So ALL I want to do is cancel the first one, but she tells me I’m was even booked where we confirmed that I was booked!?? Then she tried to offer me a packed to Myrtle Beach and other destinations when clearly I’m trying to get my reservations that I’ve paid for straight!

I called the hotel in Destin & they did have me booked twice. She agreed to cancel the first confirmation that had the incorrect info and we’ll keep the later one! I called today to discover that it was canceled‼️ I’ve made plans to travel next week with my family and my vacation was screwed completely up! The first reservation with the incorrect info was kept, and some genius took the dates that I reserved and now they are no longer available??? The notes documented stated that I declined the Myrtle Beach offer & that I wanted to cancel! Why would I be accepting another offer to another destination when my first destination confirmation is in the air. She was so busy trying to offer other things, she clearly didn’t care that I had a problem with my reservation.

So now, I don’t have the vacation that I was confirmed and had to call the hotel to find that out! They told me that the only thing that could be done was for me to be on standby, like a bid. I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told that there was a 72 hour turn around window. Today has been a long day & I’m very disappointed! Then to think that you have to sit in during a presentation and listen to people and you can’t get the reps to listen on the front end, is kind of discouraging! I hope no one experiences what I’ve experienced!

Original review: March 9, 2018

A little over 2 years ago we were at a Margaritaville restaurant on Florida's panhandle. One of the employees suggested that we go talk to the timeshare people about buying into the "brand new, exclusive" Margaritaville properties (branded under the Wyndham chain). We love Margaritaville so we were interested in hearing about these properties. We were shown sample units within the Wyndham chain that, according to our salesman, "EVERY unit has this". (Yeah, right... As we found out later on.)

We ended up the "proud" owners of Wyndham Margaritaville Rio Mar, Puerto Rico. So as time has gone on, we've researched multiple locations of Wyndhams and no, they DON'T all have what was shown to us. Some are pathetic little studio rooms. They don't tell you that you have to use a large quantity of points to actually get a 1-bedroom facility with a full kitchen. But then, I guess they'll tell you anything to get the sale. We've stayed at three of the Wyndham (non-Margaritaville) properties now and paid mugo-points and they are just "OK", definitely not worth the money. I'd rather stay at an all-inclusive property where you don't have to go get your own groceries and where you have daily housekeeping service. The last straw: we just booked our actual "home" property of Wyndham Margaritaville Rio Mar in Puerto Rico.

I had some questions about the room (I have moderate disability), so I called them directly to ask about the category we were booking. The phone just rings and rings, no one answers. Or they pick up the phone and hang up immediately, as if they don't want to talk to you. I realize they had horrible hurricanes go through there, but they are now FULLY RECOVERED, I have read several reviews of people who have been staying there throughout the month of February 2018. I have also called our (supposedly) "exclusive, dedicated to Margaritaville owners only" line and they are of no help... They direct me to the property, who again, won't answer the phone or just picks up the phone and hangs up.

The one question I was able to get answered from the "exclusive" Margaritaville rep (not anyone directly on property) -- I asked, "So, is the Margaritaville area separate from the rest of the Wyndham Rio Mar property?" She rudely said, "No, everyone can go anywhere on the property." So we were blatantly LIED TO by our sales rep back in Florida two years ago. WHY THE HECK would we have paid this kind of money to buy into a mass resort?

The only reason we bought in was to have nice rooms like the ones that were shown to us by the salesman, and because of the promised "exclusivity" of the Margaritaville properties. LIES, LIES, LIES. And I have no idea how we'd ever get out from under this - is there any way of selling it? When we signed the paperwork back in Florida, I asked the finance guy this very question and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, like I was the stupidest thing on the planet. So evidently, it's impossible to get rid of a timeshare. People, PLEASE don't buy into Wyndham - especially not Margaritaville.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Went to a sales presentation at the Wilderness Hotel in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Was told I needed to fill out information to verify who I was. Was told they wouldn’t pull my credit. Just got an alert from Credit Karma that I have a hard inquiry on my credit. Have tried over and over to get a hold of Wyndham sales team to talk to a manager, they keep hanging up on me. I will file a BBB complaint.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We sat thru the obligatory session. Our Sales Professional, Robert **, was EXCELLENT, POLITE, FRIENDLY & HELPFUL. That's where the good part ends. JULANA, the Manager who came in to find out why we weren't buying in & was supposed to fill out our (dis)Satisfaction Survey was the MOST OBNOXIOUS & RUDE individual we have ever met. She literary threw down her pen and said we wasted their time and someone would be losing a commission because we came with a bad attitude.

Her total lack of respect was so bad that one of the young ladies at the front desk heard enough of what JULANA said to hand us a piece of paper with the phone number to call to complain. As great as Robert ** was, that's how pathetic JULANA was. Shame on you Wyndham Vacation Resorts for allowing someone like her to be associated with your organization. PS - when we called Wyndham Vacation Resorts Corporate Headquarters in Orlando, FL to complain, a recording comes on saying we are calling outside their normal business hours of 8-5. We called at 3:30 pm on a Monday afternoon. Run, don't walk, from dealing with Wyndham Vacation Resorts.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Website was never updated showing the actual balance of points. So vacations booked and never was actually spoken to by anyone saying they messed up. System errors. Instead was informed today it was my fault for not tracking my points. Last time I check that is what your system was for. So they took points from the new year. They are quick to blame owners for their mistakes. Do not take ownership in their own issues. Tried to say banks do not take ownership in their mistakes, but then again banks are held to a much higher standard and they practice what they preach CUSTOMER SERVICE. I would not recommend them to anyone. POOR OWNER CARE.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Today at the customer service booth outside of Island Land, (Pigeon Forge, TN) I was informed by the representative (Lisa) that I was given discount tickets to the goat ride in which my credit card was charged $5 per ticket for five tickets. Upon looking at my presentation obligation paperwork I noticed this representative handwritten the word (NON) in front of the refundable price column.

My husband and I sat there long as we could with our three small kids who were antsy and restless. The guy Chris (fast talker) presented the information and we went back upstairs so they can figure cost. I was already committed to not buy anything but the agent who worked with us individually kept stating "You won't get your gift." I stated what gift? I paid with my credit card for tickets even though she discounted it (supposedly). I am exhausted and my children are ready to leave, I have mentally checked out of this deal. She went on to inform Chris to get his fee sheet together. In which he informed me that I couldn't leave, I explained that I didn't want their goat tickets, refund my credit card, and they could not hold me here against my will.

I threaten to call the police in order to get my refund. In which Chris informed me his family is the police in the town and it don't work like that. I informed him the representative scammed me, I asked for the manager, and for us both to go walk over to the booth (across the street) because she did not inform me that the $25 was for a commitment to a speech, but for tickets. Finally this guy realized I wasn't the pushover type and authorized a refund downstairs in the lobby area for my $25. This a joke. Do not waste your time. I am a rewards member and never been treated like a criminal for standing up for my own right.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I purchased a vacation getaway for $99.00 at the Home & Garden show last year. I called to schedule the dates and was given additional information that the Club Wyndham representative failed to mention to us. We were not told about the additional fees associated with this vacation getaway. Club Wyndham should provide ALL details so that consumers can make the purchase and not be surprised with charges that were never explained. When I called to make the reservation I was told that I would need to pay the taxes on the room and well as parking per night. If I had been told all this up front I would have never purchased this vacation getaway. I am out $99.00 and will not throw any more money away.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Guaranteed 2 hr presentation took 3 hours, and that's only because we essentially got up and asked to leave instead of continuing to be bullied and insulted by their lowbrow sales thugs. Salespeople were rude and the properties were nowhere near as nice as expected, especially if they're expecting someone to sign up for a $20,000 timeshare purchase after only a few hours of consideration.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We inherited a fixed week from my parents that they bought many years ago from what is now Wyndham. Since that time we have been repeatedly lied to and misled by Wyndham Pagosa all in order to sell more points. “Rules” constantly change in regards to what condos you can rent with your points and most recently, again according to Wyndham Pagosa, Colorado your points are not of equal value (at least there). Although the big selling point they make is that you can go anywhere and do anything with your points, in Pagosa that is never the case. If you are considering purchasing a timeshare, I would definitely steer clear of these guys. They assume you are stupid and will lie repeatedly to you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The nightmare we experienced with Wyndham...the most untruthful people I have ever dealt with. Thank goodness we were able to cancel our contract within the allotted time frame. But they still continued to make charges on the "Wyndham Visa" card they pushed on us. It has been almost a year since our contract ended, but they didn't close the credit card as we requested, and they kept putting charges on it! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My 88 year old father unfortunately was a victim in this high pressure Wyndham timeshare trap. They sold him a 42k "property" AND a 57k property within 2 months. A lien was put on his house at signing. I know their objective is to make a buck but sticking it to the elderly is just plain evil. No way to get out of it. All I can say is shame on you, Wyndham, I will never use a property with your name on it again and will discourage everyone who will listen not to as well.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The room (Wyndham Vacation Augusta, Ga. U.S.A.) was spacious, the beds very comfortable. The visit was excellent, but if you smoke, you better not do it in the room. You will be charged a cleaning fee of $150.00. BE WARNED!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Days Inn, Chiefland, Florida. When I asked for the internet password we were told the internet had been down for awhile. So, no internet, even though it's advertised otherwise. Then, we get in the outdoor hot tub and the jets would not come on. Then, at 9 pm, I undressed in the room and turned on the shower to find that there was no hot water - not even warm water. The water was unheated. When I called the front desk she said maybe she could find a maintenance man or move us to another room. At that point we were settled in. The following morning for breakfast I asked the front desk clerk for the "lobby" internet password since she said they had a hotspot. She would not get off her personal call other than to roughly jot down the password on a piece of paper. Of course, it was illegible, so I had to go back and ask her to read it to me, while she continued to stay on her personal call. Avoid this place. It's a train wreck.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased a vacation in Feb 2017 but saw that I wouldn't be able to take it so I referred it to my son's name. It has been a busy year for him and he has not taken it. I called today, it was my understanding that it had to be scheduled by the end of the year... which wasn't a whole year from the time I purchased it but was told that it expired completely as of 12/31/17-that the travel had to take place before 12/31/17 and there was nothing they could do which of course is another lie. Therefore I lost my money!!! But NOW know Wyndham for what they truly are. I could say more but I won't go there... Very disappointed with the company and for the agents lying to make sells. It shows they don't care.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

First let me state I love the Delaware Water Gap/Shawnee area of Pennsylvania. But thanks to the folks at Wyndham I NEVER want to go back. The experience I’ve had with them & their bad business practice has ruined all thoughts of going back & 35 years of memories I’ve had at Shawnee. I have a fixed week timeshare in Shawnee that belonged to my parents since 1982. My last visit I sat in on a seminar which the Wyndham salesperson explained to me that everyone is getting rid of fixed weeks, so maintenance fees are rising fast. They then showed me a print out of Shawnee 2018 fees of over $1000.00 (the first of many lies told to my family & I by Wyndham & a scare tactic used to secure a sale).

I was then offered a deal to trade in my fixed week timeshare for points if I bought points. The point system is based on resort/season etc, but I was told with my trade in & purchase points I would have about 4 weeks. And with payment options they explained (and I questioned over & over), monthly payment, interest & duration seemed doable for a place I enjoyed all these years. I never received the trade in, no papers ever arrived as promised, & it is not in Wyndham’s system as promised. I do however have proof of the lies of the trade via text with the salesperson. Then I come to find out the amount of time I purchased wasn’t even enough for a week at the cheapest place in Shawnee, & useless anywhere else. Payment options as well were a lie. The affordable payment per month will take nearly 3 times as long to pay off as they said & interest was not what they stated upon sale. Leaving me with a much higher monthly payment than I can afford.

I am now stuck surrendering my fixed week timeshare for I can’t afford the maintenance fees due to the payment of the points I was tricked into buying. And I am left with a high monthly payment for a useless amount of vacation points. Wyndham sales people not only use unethical sales tactics & trickery, but omit important information, lie & make sure they keep distracting you while trying to go over paperwork. They will do anything to secure a sale. STAY AWAY FROM WYNDHAM RESORTS & TIMESHARES. They do not care about you or your families. Save yourself the headache I have endured. And I urge anyone who had similar interest to speak up. Thieves like Wyndham & the corruption in the timeshare industry needs to be stopped.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We accepted sitting in a sales presentation in exchange for a promotional stay. This is not really a bad review as a warning. Note that at the bottom it says taxes, parking, etc. are the responsibility of the traveler. Also note that there are no limits on it. It is wise to check the amounts before you pay them the money. The money is non-refundable after 15 days, and they mean that!! It is GONE after that. A month before our scheduled visit, we were told that the charges could be between $53 and $100 in taxes, $40 per day for parking, and $50 if it was an SUV. This adds up quickly. We cancelled the visit to NYC. Of course, we should have read the fine print and asked more questions. Just a warning that may help others.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I purchased 84,000 points in 2015. At the time I told Deidra (saleslady) that I have five children and my mother comes with us when we take vacations. I also told her we take 1 week vacation per year to the beach. I asked her would that be enough to take a total of 8 on a 1 week vacation. She said yes and so did her supervisors. They acted like my husband and I were getting a great deal and we needed to hurry up and sign on the dotted line.

We paid over $15,000 plus our monthly maintenance fees and can't even take our family on vacation. Then I was told our point would roll over if we didn't use them so we decided to skip vacation 2017 since we didn't have enough points to go anywhere nice and now I'm being told that we had to move the points at the beginning of 2017 so my children will once again not get to take a family vacation. I asked if anyone could roll over our points this one time as a courtesy since we were lied to so much and the lady said, "No we don't do that." She moved the points to RCI which I've been told are junky hotels. Thank you Wyndham for memories to last a lifetime!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I'm trying to get rid of this sticky Wyndham virus of a holiday system. I can see that the selling agents seem to know how bad the situation is and are jumping on the money wagon, they've never put in mail form what they say over the phone which makes them suspect scammers. Timeshare Companies should be made responsible for the resale of unwanted points, something that they've been cleverly avoiding and I can see why now with the points devalued and the fees increasing.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs