1.1/5 (112 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We bought our original timeshare when it was Fairfield Resorts. We always avoided the presentation and they were never pushy. When they were bought by Wyndham and it changed over we went to one of their presentations to see what the "awesome" changes were. Well, they started out by saying it would only be about an hour and there would be a place for our kids to go and watch tv and play since we both had to be there. Ok. They would be fine for an hour but it turned into almost 3 hours of their garbage tactics to where we ended up "upgrading" because 1) we were told they were buying a ton more resorts and we would have many more options on the Gulf coast in Florida and 2) I told them that I was afraid my kids would starve to death if they just didn't shut up. We felt like hostages.

So, anytime we would use it after that, we would just ignore the calls for presentations. Now, here we are years, and I mean years because our kids were watching cartoons at this time and now they are both in college, the promises were broken and we are stuck with these outrageous fees. It is finally paid off but the yearly fees are ridiculous. And trying to get into anywhere is a pain. You would also think with the crazy fees they would at least try to update their resorts. The only really good ones we have stayed at were Orlando Bonnet Creek, Sevierville, TN (Great Smokies Lodge), and Ocean Boulevard in North Myrtle Beach, SC. So, all in all, do NOT fall for the lies that this company is built around. They will lie to your face and not feel bad about it as they pad their pockets.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Wyndham has very unethical employees that have no problem lying to your face to make a sale. My husband and I were told that when we paid off our timeshare, we would have no additional fees, but did not say maintenance fees had to be paid for life. There are ALWAYS issues with availability, even after we were told we could stay anywhere with our points. When we voiced concerns about this, the only resolution was an upgrade. We were promised lower fees than we originally had, however, the cost increased significantly - nearly a $400 difference per month! They purposely did not disclose anything in the contract.

They were hiding the fact that they were processing an upgrade. It was described as a restructuring of the original loan. Everything they say is contradicted in the fine print of the contract, which we were rushed through in signing, with only short and brief descriptions of what we were agreeing to. DO NOT GET IN TO BED WITH SUCH A SHADY COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

In 2019, a Wyndham rep approached my husband and asked if we’d go to a 90 min presentation to learn how to “get more out of our vacations”. Agreeing to this was the worst decision we ever made. We ended up being there for HOURS and were subjected to pushy, aggressive sales reps. Our salesman made a big deal about this timeshare being a “low risk investment”. He asked tons of personal questions but his attempt to be personable was insincere. We were promised access to vacation destinations all around the world and reservations “as soon as tomorrow”. Even with all the deals and perks that were offered, we repeatedly said no, something Wyndham’s sales reps do not understand.

After hours of dealing with the pressure from multiple reps, we gave in. We found out that they ran our credit without our consent before we even agreed to purchase. Since then, we have found out everything we were told was a lie, including that there was a buyback program. Just don’t buy anything from them. No matter what you are told, you WILL be stuck with what you buy and it will NOT be what was promised.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I would like to write this to give positive feedback on Shell Vacations/Wyndham, but I can’t. Unfortunately, my wife and I have not had a good experience with Wyndham and its representatives since it purchased Shell. Since the early 2000s, we have made multiple purchases of Shell points, but since Wyndham's takeover, we have dealt with more and more unprofessional representatives and been misled repeatedly.

We had been told for a while that we should convert to Wyndham points as Shell was losing properties and fees were rising. We were told that once the conversion program was operational, we could make a profit through a buy-back program. In 2019, we bought Wyndham points and were told that they, along with our Shell points, could be used to offset maintenance fees. Most of this turned out to be untrue. We decided not to convert. The merger with Wyndham has changed the program so much that everything we have invested has been degraded. The resorts are not well maintained, we are pressured by salespeople to upgrade, maintenance fees are extravagant, and everything is about making money instead of caring for their owners.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

My wife and I became Club Wyndham owners April 9, 2021 while vacationing at the Clearwater Wyndham. We have family in Clearwater so we visit this area every year during spring break for the last several years. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Deluxe condo at Clearwater Wyndham and LOVED it! That is why we decided to become owners. We talked to 2 sales people (Anna and Greg - manager). We told them that this is where we would like to stay every year for many years to come.

In June 2021 we tried to book a week during spring break in March 2022 for the week of Mar 12-19. It was all booked up. We were so disappointed! Before we became owners, we asked Greg what the chances of us being able to come to that location (Clearwater) each year during spring break and stay in a 2 BR Deluxe was and he told us that it "wouldn't be a problem because owners get priority when booking". It sounded too good to be true, but we believed him. We also asked how many points we would need to stay there during prime spring break and he told us "about 70,000 pts".

We are new to all of this, so we had no idea about how many points would actually be needed. Again, we believed him. We have found out that this information given to us by Greg was false and only to get us to buy in. We found out that it will be 300,000 points instead of the 70,000 he told us. He sold us 105,000 annual points. He sold us something we can’t even use where we want to stay. He sold us an ownership that we can’t use at the location we told him we want to stay at next year and every year afterwards. Why are we as owners not able to book a condo but an outside agency is? To make more money is the reason!

I called and talked to someone at the Wyndham reservation number and told her my situation to see why I am able to book outside of Wyndham but not as an owner. She informed me that owners need to book that location 12-14 months ahead of time because it is a very popular resort. Why didn't Greg tell us that important information? That would have been some very important information to tell us before we became owners, especially because we told Ana and Greg that Clearwater is the place that we come to every year and plan to do that for many years to come. We don't travel much outside of that time of year. So now we will have to pay more money to book that week with an outside agency AND we will have points to use up before they expire next year.

This is so disappointing to us! Greg knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us this false information. He told us anything we wanted to hear just to get us to become owners. We are so disappointed that we believed him and became owners. Apparently owners DO NOT get priority when booking!!! We no longer want to be Wyndham owners. For the last 3 months we have tried to talk and email people at Club Wyndham about wanting to exit our timeshare, but we have been told by Troy ** (Sales Experience Specialist Owner Resolutions & Strategy) that there is no documentation supporting our complaints and there is nothing else they can do for us.

We were told by Troy ** that Greg said we must have “misunderstood” the information he gave us in our meeting with him before we became owners. Neither my wife or I “misunderstood” anything that Greg or Ana said to us. It was very clear the things they told us. We have been outright lied to and given misleading information by Greg (manager). There is no documentation of the things he told us because they are false. We have spent over $7,000 and have not received anything in return. I wish we had recorded our conversations with him for proof. This was a scam! The sales people were liars!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We have put up with this timeshare for over 21 years. In that time there has never been a time that we have made a reservation or stayed at a resort that we didn't come away steaming mad. I don't know what to add add to my comments that others haven't. How these places are still in business without being sued is beyond me. When you purchase something and told no matter how long you have it, nothing changes., LIE #1 - it's obsolete unless you buy, buy, buy more points/weeks. Maintenance fees go up, never had to have housekeeping credits - now we do. We were told there isn't much we can do with the small amount we have. I just don't get how they can sell something that they can't back. Why are all of the digruntled owners not coming together and doing a class action law suit? We'd be more than happy to be involved and do what we can to get it going, but how do you reach out to all these people? So very frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING!!! BEWARE!!! They have great salesmen, to sell you this joke. Getting service after you sign, is nonexistent. Phone numbers provided for customer support, will only send you on a multi-hour hunt for someone to answer your question. It is always ‘someone else’s department’. Trying to speak to someone at a resort regarding a question other than ‘sales’ is nonexistent. If you have hours to stay on ‘hold’, to still not have any question answered, and want to waste your money and time, this may be the money pit for you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Please be careful with their scam. Don't fall for it or you will have the worst experience ever. Maintenance fee despite of covid? Wtf. No remorse and no exemption even to healthcare workers. We are filing class action lawsuit now.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

We have not been very happy with our contract. It wouldn't be a problem if they actually sold us what they explained to us. When we first purchased they never stated anything about increasing maintenance fees, it wasn't until another presentation that we were told was only an update was actually another sales pitch. When we ask them why the fees are increasing they couldn't tell us why, they couldn't seem to answer any of the questions we were asking. I spoke with someone

over the phone about my concerns and they said that I needed more points. They told me that I would be purchasing 184,000 points for ONLY an extra $25/mth, and I EMPHASIZED that it was a TOTAL PAYMENT and they assured me that it was for the total payment. They were so desperate to make this sale over the phone that it didn't finish until about 9:00 at night.

Well 3 weeks later after the first bill I found out that the $25 extra a month was also a lie and that it was a whole new contract! Our payment auto drafted from our account and they stated that we wouldn't have a bill for 1.5 months. So I hope the common denominator here is Wyndham and that anytime they offer or sell something it is a total lie. I called about this, and they told me that there was nothing deceptive about it! Clearly someone did not review that call, and Wyndham

doesn't want to admit to their wrongful actions.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The Wyndham Vacation Resort offered me a 3-night stay at a local 4-star hotel for four days, agreeing that I attended a timeshare presentation for 120 hours. The issue with this offer is that the hotels they offered were not 4-star hotels when you walked into the room. Online they are four stars, but the rooms provided are a 1 star. I was not aware of this until I arrived at the hotel and check-in and immediately checked. An agent at Wyndham promised to refund the 199.00 I paid for the package but is now denying receiving the chargeback from my credit card company after I had to dispute the charge. I am very disappointed at the Wyndham for contracting with these 4- stars hotels but only offering their member the low star rooms to get us to attend 120 hrs timeshare presentation at one of their luxury resorts and, on top of that, lying about not receiving the chargeback from a major credit card company to which processes chargeback daily.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information