2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Hotels are always clean in or out of the room...The staff is second to none..Never had any problems during the past 5 years...The food is great and the locations are very good in the states and cities we have traveled.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I am a happy owner for more than 10 years. I also own a number of other timeshares. I love every thing about Wyndham, except their sales personnel, the worst in the business. They start with #1 a gentleman or lady, Then comes #2 high pressure and usually unpleasant. Finally #3 tries lower the anger and tells you last time you upgraded, the info was wrong. It's the same every time. CEOs change but the sales pitch does not.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I am not a Wyndham Site owner and maybe one day I will, however I have children going to college. Neither here nor there. However the negative reviews I have read are all kind of unrealistic. If you got $150 gift cards from them then move on. I found the entire staff to be very professional as they are trying to sell you something, it is the very nature of the program to tell you something you may find useful. While I am fully capable of owner at this time I chose not to, but would strongly consider them having stayed in a few of their resorts.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

My wife and I bought in to Club Wyndham last week while on a Christmas trip in Branson with our family, and to be honest, we are very excited about it. The key is to ensure that you understand everything they say. Ask questions. Take notes. And if you feel like you don't understand what they're telling you, or if you can't envision yourself using the product for years to come, then walk away. Tips for your meeting:

1. This will be a high-pressure sales pitch. If you aren't 100% certain that you can make an informed decision while there, then don't go. It seems as if many people that gave negative reviews on here did so because they felt bamboozled; I argue that the fault is two-fold: 1) aggressive sales staff, 2) not understanding the product, which ultimately is the buyer's responsibility.

2. Ask questions. Lots of questions. Do not sign anything without being certain of everything that you sign. We interacted with four people, the last of which was the guy who went through the documents as we signed. I asked him questions that I already had gotten answers for as well as little things about the contract; he was visibly annoyed at one point. Ask about every check and tittle and iota.

3. This is a points-based timeshare, not the typical buy-in and get one or two weeks in one location at a specified time. Therefore, learn how it works. You have a short time frame in which to learn it, so take notes and ASK QUESTIONS. Some questions you should ask are: 1) Do the points renew? How often? 2) What are booking windows? How do the booking windows work? 3) What are the maintenance fees? Will these change? 4) Will there be a soft or a hard hit on my credit? If a hard hit, why is it a hard hit if we're only checking to see what my interest rate will be (hint, it has to do with a credit card)? 5) How does the reward system work, and what, if any, effect does that have on my purchased points? These aren't the only questions you should ask, so spend time thinking about the areas you don't understand.

4. The whole presentation begins with a meet-and-greet with your personal sales rep who is more of a tour guide than a sales rep (ours sat with us at the table and pointed out things that in a brochure that the presented was discussing). That sales rep takes you into a group presentation where an overly friendly and excited sales rep gives the big pitch. Make sure you take notes during this portion, because this is a very broad view of how the program works and should help you to generate some questions. Afterwards, we went on a tour of the local resort (which we happened to be staying at, so it wasn't the most beneficial use of our time).

The real pressure starts when you return to the office. Sales rep #1 starts with some small details and will try to guide you into a credit check. If you proceed with the credit check, you'll get a sales manager; this is where the real pressure starts. This is the best time to ask questions. Hound this person. Frustrate them with all the details you want or need to know. This is about you making a very big decision, and they want you to make that decision before you leave (if I'm not mistaken, they actually demand it). We were on the fence, so the "big boss" came over to help us make a decision.

5. If any of the staff belittle you or make you uncomfortable for any reason, that is a cue to ask for your money, tickets, etc., and walk out (we did not experience anything of this sort).

Make no mistake, this is a textbook, high-pressure sales situation. They have been well trained to ask questions that will take you down the purchase path. If you have ever studied any sales techniques, you'll be able to recognize many of them during your time there. You are absolutely being sold.

Now the reason I gave four stars. I don't consider myself a person who's willpower is abnormally "strong" and able to resist pressure. What I do is get informed. I asked questions, and those questions were answered. At no point did I feel as if I was being misled. I received direct answers to every inquiry. The staff was professional and kind; my kids even liked them.

I also have some experience with timeshares: my parents have been members of a different timeshare for nearly 30 years, and I have seen the ins and outs of how it works. There's is a very good one that I have considered buying into in the past. When we attended this presentation, what I saw was something similar in nature to my parent's timeshare with some added benefits, which is really what made me excited about the program and is the reason we bought in. Long story short, make an informed decision, not an impulse or emotional decision.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

HUGE pressure during the sale pitting my wife and sales gal against me to make the sale. Ours was around $15,000, semi annual every other year in Kona. But NONE of the promises from the sales pitch were true. Telling us that the points will roll over automatically if not used, that we can book any associated hotel literally while you are in the parking lot and use points towards it. Never being told that we can ONLY use the points on every odd year. Took our Money with Nothing but broken promises to show for it. VERY disappointed and dissatisfied. Not user friendly. That's for sure. My last conversation I was handed through 4 different people before they told me I can't make it work for a weekend in October 3 weeks away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We attended a presentation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in August of 2019. After spending six long hours of our vacation eating, touring condos, and sitting through sales pitches we declined their offer. That is when they offered us a “trial membership” that we could have for two years and then decide if we wanted to buy as members. We left that day thinking we did something awesome and were really excited.

We took our first vacation in February of 2020 with one of our friends. At check in we were told we would have to attend another meeting but it was not a sales pitch since we just started our “trial membership”. We attended the meeting and that was when we were informed we had to buy a membership or lose out on the “amazing discount”. We politely declined their offer but our sales representative Alexis ** acted very confused and disappointed. She proceeded to ask what Wyndham could do to change our minds. This was when we directly asked her if we could cancel our membership at any time if we wanted to, for whatever reason. She then informed us that we could cancel and walk away with no penalty at any time. So we decided to go ahead and become members.

Since February, we have come to realize that everything promised to us is a complete lie. You cannot give your membership back at any time like we were promised and if you try to they basically laugh at you. Also everything else they promise during the presentation like vacationing anywhere in the world at any time, being an investment for your family, and never having issues with booking are all a lie. We have already wasted too much time and money on something we have not even been able to use. We want out of this terrible burden and to be free of Wyndham forever!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I booked an until in Hawaii on the Big Island and had to cancel with Wyndham Extra Vacations due to Covid-19. I was told that my $200 deposit would be returned by check in 72 hours. After a week I called again and was told it would be 2 to 4 weeks. After a month I was again put off and told they had a wrong phone number (which had nothing to do with a return of my deposit). Three month later I am still waiting for the return of my deposit and now considering legal action. I would never deal with this company as they have not been honest with me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

We said no to the first saleslady. So she brought her boss and we told her NO we cannot afford it. A 3rd man came in and we said we do not travel enough. This is our first trip in 11 years. Then a 4th came, now it's been almost 5 hours and we are feeling pressured. We wanted to leave and caved in. Now that is 2 bad marks against you: Wyndham lied and said it was not a timeshare and your company did not listen to our financial needs. But we were free to get on with our vacation and excited as it has been so long. When we got off the cruise we tried to cancel and they told us it was too late. We were stuck. We do not want to have anything with Wyndham. I look at anything that comes in from Wyndham and it makes me angry and now I want to get rid of my anger and you guys have a way to do this and should help us as it was your mistake and pressure that got us in this problem.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My wife and I got suckered in to a timeshare presentation. Upon arrival when I was asked why I was there, I stated because it's not a timeshare presentation. The high pressure salesman told me that it what it was and he's talking to manager to try to get us our prizes for showing up and fill out incident report so this doesn't happen again. Well for 3.5 hours he was our best friend, then goes on to what we would be approved for, I said again, "I'm not interested and it sounds great for a couple with money but I'm not interested." He said ok. A 2nd person came over, and said we qualify for the hero's package, now went from 400 a month to 250, I politely declined, then a 3rd person came over to have us take a (survey) then tried persuading us to buy.

I finally got a lil pissed. Lady felt it and let us out of there with our promised gift. Let me tell you gift was not worth it. Our new found best friend Chris (high pressure sales person) wanted nothing to do with us, it was concerning how a person can befriend you for 3.5 hours then flip a switch when he realizes you really aren't going to buy his product. I'm sure someone with money and travels 3 times a year this is a great deal but this place doesn't care if you can afford it or not, want it or not. My advice is not to do it unless you have money. Don't accept any free stuff to sit for some presentation. It will ruin your day. The sales people were worse than a used cars salesman.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information