1.19/5
Based on 101 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

616 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 12, 2018

If you are considering attending a Wyndham timeshare presentation, run away as fast as you can and do not look back. They will quadruple the amount of time promised for the presentation and hours later, you will either limp away with the gift card after a torture chamber filled with aggressive sales tactics or you will have just signed a contract that they will fight to keep you in no matter what. Then they will try to upsale you to get you out of the contract by putting you in a contract that will make it even worse over time. The rules have changed over the years and the things that they market, you can no longer do, but you still have to pay them. Don't do it!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Their long dragged out sales presentation that wears you down, and all the false verbal promises that they have no intention on fulfilling. Even when you try to use the points you have purchased months in advance they have no places available, unless you want to upgrade your membership. Do yourself a favor and stay well clear of these con artists. Cannot believe that they haven't had a class action law suit brought before them yet.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews (Updated May 2018) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 9, 2018

We were approached about attending a timeshare for a free trip for our family while staying in Park City, UT. We were told it would be 90min and to bring our kids because they had activities for them while we attended. After arriving our check in host was surprised when we asked where the activities where for our kids. They said they could watch tv in the lobby and color. Our kids were stoic for about 2 hrs and started to text and ask how much longer. We advised the sales team and they kept pushing a high pressure sale for another hour. We said we had to leave to feed our kids. They stated taking packages with lower prices since we declined the 54,000$ package for 20,000 points. The fees and financing charges just weren’t adding up to be a good deal and we were done.

Then they brought a second and third salesman in that was a supervisor. We agreed we would do a package that was 16,000$ for 10,000 points plus a bonus 10,000 points for 3 years with some of the VIP options. The supervisor had to call and approve it. We finally had to leave to “go on our actual vacation with our kids right” and they called saying all was approved and wanted us to hurry back because we were holding up the sales team. Not to mention the waste of time to our family. We reluctantly went back after feeding our kids and doing some fun activities at Olympic Park. When we got there I could see that the pricing was not what we agreed. They were wanting us to pay 24,000$ out of pocket right then. When I questioned that this wasn’t what we talked about they tried to make it a misunderstanding. I was going to sign that.

They then said they would redo the paperwork to reflect the 16,000$ price but lowered the points to 6,000 with no bonus points. We finally said we were leaving and the once friendly salespeople started to be not so friendly. They had us sign a paper declining all offers as we were literally stepping into the elevator. I just wanted out of there. I can’t believe I fell for this to waste my time. I’m so glad I didn’t buy. It was high pressure sales on steroids. 100 times worse than buying a car. Avoid these scammers at all costs. Not worth the wasted vacation time and for sure not worth the lost money. Oh, and “the free week vacation” is so full of fees and extra charges that’s not even worth booking. Wow. What a waste. Totally changed my perspective on the Wyndham company. I will never stay at any of their hotels again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

When we checked in at Wyndham Patriot's Place, Williamsburg, after booking a unit through someone on Airbnb, we were overwhelmed with generous offers: reduced cost entry fees, a free breakfast, a prize... All we had to do was attend a 1.5 hour presentation. We agreed to do this. When I checked my credit card, I discovered that we had paid USD 60.00 more than was quoted. Also, we could not escape the presentation before 3.5 hours were up.

Buying timeshare in the US is, financially, not an option for a South African couple, living on a small pension, with the exchange rate (then) about twelve SA rands to the USD. And the other three people in our group are from the UK, and seldom get to the USA. Financially, it was not viable for them, either. The people responsible got us to a presentation under false pretenses, didn't follow through on their promises, and were aggressive in trying to persuade us to buy. We were seriously incapacitated, leaving for our next destination two hours late. We left Williamsburg with a very bad taste in our mouths, and won't ever repeat this kind of unpleasant experience.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I called because I needed to see if I was able to book or hold a resort in Myrtle Beach due to a hold on my account for non payment. Now I understand that they put a hold on the account because of me paying late and it's my fault but the fact that a manager isn't able to remove the hold or placing a hotel on hold is outrageous. Now before she started I told her the situation and asked her if there was anything that can be done. Now she's gives me an attitude stating "Well we don't do hotels I do resorts." Well excuse me for using the word hotel instead of resort! So I began telling her "Well I'm sorry that's what I meant to say." She continues to ask me for the dates I'm looking for. I explained yet again the situation telling her that she really doesn't need the dates. All I'm looking for is an answer to my question.

She begins to have yet another attitude and says "Well if that's what they told you then there's nothing we do." Then proceeds to ask me for the dates again (Now I'm pissed! Past irritated or being annoyed just straight pissed because of her attitude for no reason at all). So I give her the dates. She looks it up asks me the hotel which I give her because it's the only one that is available. She then proceeds to tell me she can't book it due to the account being on hold. I lost it! That was my EXACT POINT! Why ask me for the damn dates if I told you from the damn beginning.

I told her I would like to speak to a manager about it because she obviously doesn't understand what I'm saying. She puts me on hold and returns in about 5 minutes to let me know that there is nothing that they can do to remove the hold because the bank needs to confirm that my payment went through because they basically don't know if I was good for it. The level of that customer service was horrible and unprofessional I definitely didn't like the way she handled it. I'm annoyed because of her and also because Wyndham doesn't do anything to help their customers for a resort. Horrible horrible! I truly dislike every timeshare out there. Mind you I wouldn't even have bought one if it wasn't because of an man that was with me! I hate timeshares and it's a waste of money! Please don't buy one. You can save way more money by putting some money on the side!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: June 29, 2018

My sister and I attended a presentation and purchased an upgrade to our RCI membership. This is what we were told. Now, I am a skeptical person so I researched information about Club Wyndham that evening. I am so glad I did. I am so glad I found this website. Many of the comments people wrote about were what we were told. I then read every document we signed thoroughly. I spent hours doing this. Club Wyndham does not count on you doing this while on vacation. They expect you may do this when your vacation is over. Then it is too late.

In the morning, I told my sister what I had found out and showed her this website. She then initiated an account with Club Wyndham. We are interested in going to Boston next year and tried to schedule a stay at the resort/hotel near Boston. No availability. So then we looked for availability in February or March. No availability. Now who wants to go to Boston at that time of year? We then tried to schedule vacations at other resorts. The screen showed that we had to call a 1-888 number to schedule. My sister said this is just as hard to schedule as it is with RCI. We were promised easier. Availability of resorts are kept a secret. It did not show up on the computer screen. Anyhow, we started counting how many lies we were told by the salesman. It was nine. I cannot remember all of them, but here is what I can remember.

We were told we could go on a cruise on Norwegian for 45,000 points and it was based on the cabin, not individuals. We could take several people for 45,000 points. No, the website said 105,000 points per person based on double occupancy. My sister who receives all the mail from RCI was told she was notified that Wyndham had purchased RCI a year or two ago and was offered the chance to upgrade our membership at that time. My sister does not remember ever receiving such an offer.

This is what a previous reviewer also wrote about. I asked my sister, "Do you remember ever getting a letter about upgrading your membership for $23,000," and she replied no. I believe she would remember such a thing. Next, they were going to give us a deal. They were going to give us the deal they offered a year or two ago and not the increased price now. It turns out this upgrade to membership was not an upgrade but an additional timeshare of one week at the resort we were currently staying. The salesman even commented to us that we did not have enough points with RCI to stay on the beach and that is why we were at this resort which was about a mile inland. And yet I bet this is the one week timeshare we bought.

I found the four digit number of the resort on our paperwork, no name for the resort. We were also told we would have priority scheduling. My sister asked several times about what priority scheduling meant but did not receive an answer. I found it in the paperwork. We have priority scheduling only at our home resort, the resort we did not know we bought a timeshare at. We also did not plan on coming back to this resort and had told the salesman that. We like going to different places. There were monthly assessment fees.

Even at the time, I got out my phone and calculated these fees to be over $1000/year. My sister figured out these are maintenance fees for the home resort. The salespeople never called these fees maintenance fees; it was assessment fees. By charging by the month, it makes the consumer think it is not so expensive. In the presentation, we were shown how many vacations we could go on with the points we purchased. However, on their website, it shows the vacations are a lot more points than shown in the presentation. And we looked at quite a few different resorts.

We decided to cancel. According to state law and our contract we had five days to do this. We sent a letter overnight to Las Vegas cancelling the contract. We returned the Kindle Fires given to us by priority mail to the building at the resort the presentation was held in. My sister's credit card was credited within the 10 days allotted for the full amount. This was an experience we will not do again. No more timeshare presentations for us. We will continue scheduling our vacations as we have been doing.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Poor experience and reason is to warn people who to fully understand what they are doing. Short story, wife got conned into timeshare presentation. Will only be two hours, wrong was 3.5. The presentation starts off with going through what you can do with the 400k points package, how many trips you can take etc, seems GREAT. Once you get to financing options they show you this sheet and 400k points per year costs 100k and 200k points costs 50k, (not including maintenance fees) so you are like wow that’s a lot of money... then 10 minutes later they have a special deal just for that day. You can get 126k points for 20k but you have to do it right then, you cannot think about it, you just have to do it.

Then you say no and there is another person who sits down and gives a run around about a sample for two years and if you don’t like it after you have used those points you can just walk away but that was going to be a 3600.00 investment to try it out. So the whole time you think you’re going to have all these days to use in actuality you would end up with about 25 percent of the time you were led to believe. Funny the other more expensive options were not presented to consider after the initial sticker shock. The whole process was very misleading, be careful.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My father sat through a presentation while on vacation and never received his free offer. When I address Member Services about it, they said it was because he did not stay the entire time which was a lie. He stayed for the presentation, he just didn't stick around for their pushy sales pitch. I confronted each team member from salesperson #1 to the manager and told them all their attempt to push a sale on older people or anyone would not happen on my book! Especially not my Dad. The manager even said, "I don't want to fight with you", he didn't know at the time, that a fight was exactly what he did not want to do with me. This place and the team are straight crooks! After reading all of these posts a class action would be the perfect way to counter their illegal tactics!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Wow what a great experience I had. I was very leery at first with giving my money to a stranger to do them a favor. They said they were giving me a gift to go see the resort. It all sounded crazy to me. But once I went it was great. The resort was amazing and the sales team did try and sell me a timeshare. Once I told them no it wasn't a big deal. I received my gift and am actually going on vacation with the family on them. They gifted me 7 nights in a resort. What a deal. I spent 2 hrs looking around and now get to stay for free. If you are ever approached by these people I would say take the chance. But try and get a nice gift. Everyone is different I found out.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am staying at the Wyndham resort in National Harbor. I just heard that Wyndham took over WorldMark 7 days ago and it was hostile. It sounds like our credits will be worth nothing pretty soon. They were trying to get us to spend another $12,000 dollars to upgrade to a vip level. I am very concerned.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Cold call marketing to my cell phone is not appreciated. What is more shady is the use of spoofed local phone numbers to trick people into answering. After repeated selection of the option to not be called, I continue to receive daily calls. One example of the spoof. A call came in showing the caller **. Return call appears to be a non-active number.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband and I spent 5 hours with the salespeople and purchased the timeshare for all of our family to enjoy. They promised 105,000 points would cover is (not hardly) for a 10 day vacation yearly. We were never given a list of how many points the places cost. Just for reference, a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas is 450,000 points. We were told that the kindle we were given would take 2 weeks to upload all apps so we didn't even look until then. Coincidence that the cancellation policy is within 2 weeks? I don't think so.

We were lied to about last call being $219 to $319... that's just a transfer fee. Any all inclusive is extra on top of your membership. We were given additional vacation time the day we signed up bc we caught the presenter in a lie and that should have been our sign. I've been waiting 3 months for a refund and cancellation and promised 4 different times a decision date. My case manager is almost impossible to get a hold of and her "direct line" is no longer valid and the operator is always busy. I leave a message and they never call back. As I wait for them to make the decision they are still charging me monthly fees. This program is a rip off and a headache. Don't be fooled like I was.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We have friends that are in the Wyndham club who asked us if we wanted to go on a short trip with them to Tennessee because they had an extra room. Our friends would be attending a owner's meeting during the stay and we had been "invited" to attend a presentation and receive a Visa gift card. Upon arrival we filled out a short form and were advised that after the presentation we would receive our free gift. A salesman named "Casey" then took us aside and asked what gift we had been promised. We said a Visa gift card. We then went into the presentation room and all the other people there were eating lunch. We were told that we were not signed up for the lunch only the gift card. Ok fine.

During the presentation we were told that customer service is the most important thing to Wyndham and that's why everyone receives such 'valuable gifts' for attending. We then went on a tour during which we saw that our friends were done with the owner's meeting and were going out to sightsee. We however had to go back to the office for another salesman who gave the hard sell which we declined at this time due to financial circumstances although my husband said in 6 months to a year it would be possible. That salesman left to go 'process' our gifts.

Another man came to do a survey with us regarding the property and presentation and of course the final 'push' to buy. We reiterated that in 6 months would be a better time for us and he then tore up the survey and threw it in the trash. He took us to another office where he said a woman would give us our gifts. The woman gave me another survey regarding the salesmen which I did write nice things about. Upon handing her the survey I asked what gifts we would get and she said "you get NOTHING" !!! I was flabbergasted.

We asked to see the manager who meandered slowly to us. I told him that no less than 5 people had said we would be getting gifts but now we were told we get none. He then said our "gift" was the "privilege" of staying with our friends. Unbelievable!!! We could have been out and about sightseeing instead of wasting two hours of our 2 day vacation listening to BS and being LIED to. In 6 months time when purchasing a vacation club I will go with any other company, NEVER again Wyndham!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was going to Walmart when I was targeted by a marketing person while on vacation. Trying to get tickets for the Aquarium when a man spotted me and told me how I could get the 10 tickets for 100.00 and all it would take was an 1.5 hours of my time. This was one of the biggest mistakes ever. 5 hours later we were lied to and mislead about what Wyndham Resorts offers, where and how much. Wyndham took money from an account they swore they would not touch but rather open a new account 24**. 00 Later they took the money. We have since submitted our letter of cancellation 3 days into the contract being signed. If you do business with Wyndham Resorts ask to take the paperwork home.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I was a total idiot to believe the sales pitch I received. This should be fraudulent. I was told (and it is on my contract) that fees would never go higher than 20% total, but there must be some fine print. It has already doubled in the last few years. They keep going up on the number of points you need just to reserve a room for a few days. So don't plan on staying anywhere for a week. They also charge $19 any time you want to make ANY changes to a reservation, even though it is not stated anywhere on their site. They do not disclose information and costs go up every year. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT sign up with them. This should be illegal.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My husband and I, as well as my father signed up for two shows and we were going to do the timeshare. We inform them that my mother was incapacitated and unable to join us on this trip. We showed up to do the timeshare and then they continue to tell us that my father was not going to be able to do it due to my mother not being present. We inform them that she was fully incapacitated and unable to attend the timeshare. They revoked all of our activities and wasted over 2 hours of our day.

This timeshare is a joke and their disrespectful to their clients. They showed no compassion over my mother's disabilities and her inability to be present due to being hospitalized. My father is a veteran as well as my husband, we came down here for Memorial weekend ready and excited about having a great trip. Wyndham really caused a lot of stress and taking time away from my family. I do not recommend looking at them or using them in any way, shape or form. I hope if you attempt to get the tickets you only do that and leave them in the dust because they are not worth purchasing. My husband and I were married in Branson 8 years ago. We were very interested in buying a timeshare so that we can continuously come back and enjoy the location where we got married. I am very glad it will not be at the Wyndham at this time.

Original review: May 25, 2018

While in San Antonio recently we had time to burn. We decided for free riverboat tickets we would go to the timeshare presentation. The whole thing was as a timeshare presentation is. A joke and a fight just to say no and leave. The girl who did our presentation was nice, was playing with my daughter (who is almost 2), was respectful. When it came time to say no for the 50th time she got very belligerent and rude. Started yelling and coping attitude about how we wasted her time and we should have just said no. I tried to say no and opt out of the hotel tour. She wouldn't allow it. She wasn't stopped by any of the management there including the one sitting at our table who was just as rude. She decided to rip the tablet she let my daughter use out of her hands and stomp away.

It's one thing to be rude to me but when you're causing a scene and then rip something out a small child's hands that is it for me. That is borderline assault in my eyes. This company is a joke and employs people who can't handle themselves and severely misrepresent the company. Possibly that is how the company is as well... disrespectful and unruly thugs who think this behavior is acceptable. They will never get my business and deserve to be trashed all over social media.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I can't believe we bought this crap. 2 years into this and $14k out of our pockets, still no vacation. They are liars and they trick you into buying this crap. I wish I had some knowledge of any timeshare before I signed the contract. If you are reading this, please do not buy any timeshare. You can travel in business class and stay at a luxury hotel for what we have paid so far and we can't even find a resort that is available when we want to travel.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have been a member since 2010 and currently NOT a happy camper! I was there for 2 days with 10 friends and family and as usual, Wyndham ruined one of the days! When I got this package I was rushed and double teamed by high-pressure salespeople. Nothing was properly explained so I didn't have a clue how to access most of my privileges. This time I wanted some explanations and I was promised some and that my account would be more user-friendly! Needed to look out for the hook! When I booked and when I arrived I told everyone that I didn't want to hear from ANY salespeople and I did NOT want to buy anything else!!! I was assured Mr. ** wasn't a salesperson, they were on a different floor!

I thought I was getting the explanations I needed and was asked to initial for the changes made. They wanted me to give up my deed for points too! Well, it happened again! I had lost my rewards card a long time ago but had no clue what it was for anyway. Now I know it is a credit card with 21.6% interest. I was encouraged to put all my utilities on it for autopay and use it to spend on vacations. Payments <$90mo! For the final signing, I saw a line that had been talked over fast that would add almost $20,000 to the credit card with payments of >$300mo. I had made them aware that I had been diagnosed with breast cancer and anticipated large medical bills and am living on my SS. I am 82 yrs old and my memory is no longer great when it comes to remembering dates, like to call them in Dec or Jan!

I thought it was over but today I received a rewards card in the mail. At first, I thought it was a replacement for the one I had lost but it wasn't. I thoroughly checked it out, fortunately! It had a credit line of $4000 but there was only $416.11 available! I noticed that in the real faint print below that there was a pre-authorized charge to Wyndham for $3583.89! I have NO clue what this is for! Probably something I initialed when these "non-sales people" rushed on the paperwork that would "fix" my problems!

I have made complaints to the right people but it will take awhile! It is impossible to sell this property. You can pay about $600 to have one of these shysters "advertise" it with no guarantee or pay someone to get you out of your contract and GIVE them the property you paid for and have been paying maintenance fees on. Does it revert back to Wyndham? A very dissatisfied owner:

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have stayed at Wyndham Hotels in the past. I get several phone calls a week from them. It is a local number so I pick up and when I do it is an automated recording. Other hotels and vacation companies also call with an automated message saying I have won something and try to get me to continue talking to them or say yes to their offer. These calls are a nuisance! This is so invasive and seems to be a dishonest way to attract business. BEWARE!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Please, people do not even sign for that BS. My husband and I have regretted 100 times that we wasted our time on that event in Las Vegas. First, presentation and then brainwashing. They tell you a lot of good stories, show you beautiful rooms and how amazing to be on vacation. But what they forgot to tell me, that they are going to open PayPal credit line for $15,000 on my name while checking my credit score. I found out when we return back home and I got letter in mail. We felt so much pressure and tension while we were there. Of course, we said no, but I still shiver when I recall those 4 hours.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Club Wyndham - The absolute worst. Lying does not describe what they have done to me over the last week. I have spent hours talking to various personnel, being transferred from department to department. Final straw was today when they told me they had taped a phone conversation I had with a reservation agent and implied comments that were made to me, then flatly refused to let me listen to the conversation. They need a class action lawsuit filed against them. Has anyone out there used an attorney to sue them yet?

Original review: May 15, 2018

My wife and I called the corporate number of Wyndham resorts to get reservations for the Super 8 in Williams, AZ. We were given confirmation numbers over the phone which we thought secured our reservation. Upon arrival in Williams we were told we did not have a reservation. We stayed at another hotel for the same price. The thing that bothered me the most was the young man who was working at the Super 8 on May 9th, 2018 was no help what-so-ever. He basically told me he could do nothing for me and when I said I would send a complaint to corporate he basically said, "Good luck".

That Wyndham was so big they could care less about one individual. So I thought I would write a review for the Consumer Affairs instead of Wyndham Corporate in hopes that people would read here before getting a room with Wyndham hotels. When an employee tells you that corporate could care less from experience it was evident that truly is the case. Will now look to see if the hotel is owned by Wyndham and if so I will stay at a local Airbnb. I could care less about Wyndham!

Original review: May 13, 2018

In November of 2017, I bought a 3 night/4 day stay for $299.00 to be able to stay and vacation at the new Wyndham Grand Resort on Clearwater Beach, FL. I called sometime after that to book it for May, over my husband's birthday as a gift. Several days before our arrival, a Wyndham representative called to inform me that we’ve been moved to a local area hotel, Coconut Cove. I was NOT happy to say the least, especially when I looked up this hotel and saw it was nothing near the caliber of the Wyndham Grand (the pictures of Coconut Cove and website are very deceiving). However, they said on the phone that it was in their right to move us to a local 3 star hotel.

While it does state this in their terms and conditions, Coconut Cove is NOT anywhere near a 3 star hotel. In fact, it is not a hotel at all, but a crappy MOTEL!! You can only access your room from the outside. So I do not care what they call themselves, this is a MOTEL. It is dingy, dirty, ripped carpeting, no maid service, etc., and NOT on the beach as I was expecting. AND if you google this, it is rated as 2 stars not 3 and as I have stated, is a Motel not a Hotel, which is not what their terms and conditions state!

We winded up not staying there and had to pay of course to stay at another hotel and then for the next two nights drove 3 hours to Naples to stay with friends because everything was either booked as it was Mother's Day weekend or $300+/night! They ruined our vacation, caused us to spend money on a hotel which we thought was already paid for and wasted hours on the phone with them fighting about this! Unless you do not care where you stay, DO NOT DO THIS!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

This company will mislead you into purchasing really not worthwhile contracts!!! We were misled and pushed into purchasing. If you go home, do the math and read any review, you will notice that NONE OF THEIR PROGRAM are worth it. THEIR DISCOVERY PROGRAM is also **. They pretend like they care but at the end of the day, they are just trying to collect their commission. AND PLEASE, the people that are working for this company, please quit and stop lying to people.

Original review: May 6, 2018

This company sucked me into purchasing a timeshare while on a Vegas vacation. What they offered was amazing. In the end when we were signing the man went over every paper he printed and has us sign. We were happy with our purchase at this time. When we got home there was an unsigned paper showing that we were not paying the 20 grand we had agreed to but would be paying 39 grand after all was said and done... no freaking thank you. Somehow that paper made it in after?? Anyways don’t let them get you!! We were lucky the only 5 stars I give is the the cancellation process. Spent 50 dollars to one day Fedex our letter of resignation and from there it’s been easy to cancel. Review companies before signing anything!! Lesson learned and lesson to you!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was in Branson and when we picked up our tickets, they asked if I wanted free tickets for going to a timeshare presentation. I said "No,because time with my family on vacation is much more valuable to me than free tickets." Then they said, "What if we could give you 7 free nights in any of our resorts?" So, for that I decided to get up early to go and attend. It was longer than the 2 hours promised, even though I had pointed that out also, and they promised it would be over in 2 hours. Then, when I picked up the voucher, and I've never used points like this before, I did not know until I went to "activate" them that they have only given me ONE free night. It is worthless to me, and I wish I would have just gone with my gut and enjoyed the extra time with family.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Wyndham is a pure SCAM. Avoid like the plague. My wife and I normally never go to any timeshare offer ever. A talented saleswoman caught us in a moment of weakness and enticed us to a Wyndham "2 hour" timeshare presentation with the offer of a "free week at any Wyndham location." We travel a lot and figured we would use it. The presentation goes way more than 2 hours.

The offer is AWFUL. I don't know how they sell it to anyone. It makes zero financial sense. They sell it using high-pressure used car salesman techniques like not showing you the pricing until hours into the presentation, make the price "only good today" and ganging up on you with multiple salespeople. Analyze the #s and it is simply an awful deal that gets you to pay them a lot of money upfront, guarantee to pay them an ongoing maintenance fee forever (in an amount that can go up at any rate they choose and from which there is no escape), and in return they do NOT guarantee you anything at all! Nothing. You get points that supposedly get you into "any Wyndham location worldwide" but most of those locations are awful (look at the Trip Advisor reviews for most of them). The good ones are never available and there are numerous hidden levels and additional fees that make either using the points impossible or that require you to pay large additional fees.

Trying to use the "free gift" is virtually impossible. You can only book within 30 days of travel which means that you can't get any of their better locations because they are all booked well in advance. In addition, you don't really get a week, you get a value that you can apply towards a week. The value only covers a portion of the fee at most locations, plus there are large "resort fees" at most of them. You end up saving nothing. I don't know how they are allowed to offer this scam and frankly it's shocking to me to see salespeople who seem like otherwise perfectly decent human beings essentially trying to steal from unsuspecting customers/victims of their con.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have a Wyndham credit card and was offered a 2 night stay at the Oceanside resort for $199 and a timeshare presentation of 2 hours (which always goes longer - it's like buying a car - they go for a smoke break) - 1st we arrived and instead of a candy bowl they offer EAR PLUGS! The worst studio was given to us with "NO other room available" - facing the train tracks. The trains stop in Oceanside and use their horns 8 to 10 time until MIDNIGHT! The timeshare presentation was a scam and they insulted us, since I told them from the beginning I had a resale offer for $2,000 with points that I was considering buying for this location.

One supervisor I guess did not give me his name stated the wrong information about how to use the points. All data provided was not given to me in writing despite me asking for it. The "DEAL" $49,000” - (or around $145 per 1,000 points). 15,000 points needed for Travelodge! What a joke and what a scam. Don't even think about it! Extra maintenance fees and taxes per year exceed the regular booking of a decent hotel! After further research 75% of what you pay is for advertising and commission. Remaining value is less than $1 on eBay!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

All of the previous reviews on this page mimic my experiences with the pushy sales personnel, marketing team that lures you into the sales pitch notoriously lying about the reason for or length of any presentation, etc. I have been an owner now for over 15 years and am appalled by the continuous deception and misrepresentation by this company. Over the past 3 years there have been numerous "upgrades" to their reservation and booking system. It appears that they are now designed to limit your ability to book vacations as an owner. Just today I attempted to book a 3 night stay at the Wyndham National Harbor. The online booking calendar shows full availability on some days and limited availability on others, but when you choose the dates suddenly you receive a message that no rooms are available for a "continuous stay."

What makes this upsetting and ridiculous is that I could easily book a room through Booking.com or TripAdvisor for the exact same dates, but to the tune of $494/night. So Wyndham is in the business of selling deeds to units marketed as points that you can use anywhere, however, you can't always use said points and are blocked from booking - yet they triple their money and continually beat earnings projections - likely because they now have your money and are holding back rooms to sell on websites and lure in more potential buyers. Save your money on their costly upfront buyer fees and long term annual dues!!! Just book rooms at the places you want to visit. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs