2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.2/5 (120 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Wyndham is one of the largest Resort/Hotel/Motel chains in the world. Since we are members we have To support where our money goes, besides, they have some of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Also, they have locations in almost every place we have traveled or wanted to travel.

Original review: April 12, 2021

We arrived later than we expected but associate was great. She got us checked in quickly as it was late and we had been driving 750 miles. The room had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. We had trouble turning on the tv so I called the desk and she helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. Very nice young lady. Room was very clean, bathroom was clean and we were very satisfied. Because of covid, everyone was wearing a mask and just to be safe we did wipe things down but that was just my issue as I could see and smell that the room was very clean. Definitely recommend.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The Wyndham Rewards cards - especially the new iterations - are superb for Wyndham Resorts and hotels, and WorldMark time share owners. Purchases and fees for these organizations can be greatly offset (even completely!) by using these cards within their systems. (They are good for use elsewhere, but other rewards cards may be better for use outside of the Wyndham Resorts, hotels, and WorldMark time shares.) We use our card for all recurring maintenance fees, reservation fees, and housekeeping fees. The rewards given are very high (x4 to x6 for all costs). And, except for to very top tier card, they are free of any annual fees. Also, the Barclay's Bank processing is clear and accurate and their online app is very easy to use.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Hotels are always clean in or out of the room...The staff is second to none..Never had any problems during the past 5 years...The food is great and the locations are very good in the states and cities we have traveled.

Original review: June 4, 2021

In 2015, I was under the age of 25 when I signed the timeshare. Since my mom was with me they convinced her to sign with me. This was on purpose as she is the primary on the account while I am the one who paid for the timeshare. Fast forward to November 2020, I want to cancel my timeshare, and they will let me. However, I will get no money. This is crazy, but I just want out because the maintenance fees increase every year. They have gone up over $30 a month since 2015.

Now, when they say I can cancel it, they tell me it will take at least 4 months. I say, "Okay, and while you are working on this, I am requesting my money in interest back as authorized in the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)." They then tell my mother (who did not request to invoke the SCRA) that she does not qualify. Of course, she does not because she was not in the military and did not send the request, I did. So I tell them they replied to the wrong person, I get the run around from the “CARE” team, the managers, and even the Twitter account.

Since no one could answer my questions, I get a lawyer involved. When I do, they tell me no one in the entire Wyndham company can talk to me but a lawyer. So I asked them for the lawyers' information, and no one can give it to me even though my lawyer could not get it and asked me for it. To get any help, my attorney and I had to send a letter saying I am no longer using an attorney. I do that in February 2021 and get some help.

Fast forward to April 2021, I have not heard back from Wyndham. I reached back out, they tell me that the letter does not mean anything, and they still cannot help me. Therefore, I reach out to the Wyndham Twitter account again, and then I get some help. However, I have not heard anything since then, and I am still being charged the monthly maintenance fee and cannot use the timeshare. Additionally, I tried to reach out via Twitter again, as that seems to be the only way to get someone to help me, and they blocked me. Therefore, I am trying to get help from the Consumer affairs/Federal trade commission. This issue has been a nightmare. I just want to be done with Wyndham.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I attended a presentation with Wyndham because I was offered free attraction tickets to events in Gatlinburg, TN. When I arrived at their presentation, I was paired with both a senior member of their sales staff and a trainee, both of whom were very pushy. They continuously told me that this was the type of purchase that would allow me to leave a legacy, have financial freedom, and that because I owned a travel business myself, I could rent this out and make a significant profit. I finally gave in because I believed it would benefit my business and was explicitly told MULTIPLE TIMES that this was not a timeshare.

I have taken seven different trips within the United States and tried to use this for my hotel stays. There has not been a single time where that has been possible! When I called Wyndham for assistance, I was told that I would have to pay MORE money to book, even though I can see availability online through other travel sites! This company has lied to me from the beginning!

Original review: May 26, 2021

After getting our contract with this headache of a company we couldn't even get into the online platform to book a vacation for months. That’s just the beginning! After finally being able to log in we saw that we had been completely lied to about our points and what it would take just to book a room. After that we found that we couldn't even book a room with them at all even if our dates were flexible. We literally have never used this thing and they will not release us from our contract. On top of that they continually increase our maintenance fees (Something they never mentioned when we signed the contract) which is getting way too much for something we don't use. We just want to be out from under this financial burden that we can't even utilize.

Original review: May 20, 2021

An absolute nightmare and lie. We are not sure how these people sleep at night. They are no help whatsoever. Since the moment that we got into this debt we have had money problems, personal problems, we have had to pay a debt with another. The timeshare has been paid on time, while maxing out a credit card and struggling with other payments. We had trouble booking reservations on dates that we wanted or had designated for vacationing. It turned into, practically having to ask permission to the hotel dates to then schedule our vacation dates at work. Which at the end we had to do while having to go to work on "our vacation". It has caused us stress, anxiety and relationship differences.

Our emotions were played with when we were told they could sell it for us, then told us we could not use the points meanwhile it was on a "resale process". That we had to continue to pay monthly for them to sell it and us not ruin my husbands credit. Then were told that we had to pay them additional money to have them sell it. They said the process could take a little over a year, so during that time we had to continue to pay it, without using any points, plus pay them for the resell, meanwhile during that "resale time" if it took longer than a year we would also continue losing points and more money.

This would continue to negatively impact our lives due to all of the financial situations we have had. We won't be able to buy a home or an additional car at any point. Something that we considered some kind of a blessing is a burden. Loss of sleep, anxiety, stress and situations thinking about the money being spent and not getting anything out of it. This company has no empathy at all for our situation and has lied and mislead us throughout the whole process. ​​

Original review: May 20, 2021

In August 2018, we were visiting one of the Wyndham properties in Nashville when we were approached & asked to attend an owner update meeting. We eventually gave in because we were promised that it would be brief. At the presentation, we were pressured & bullied into this purchase for hours! At one point, we were surrounded by members of the Wyndham sales staff, all of whom were pushing us to decide right away. We really felt that we had no choice! We soon learned that everything that they told us to entice us to make a purchase was untrue! These resorts are not exclusive, the RCI exchange is not 'included,' and the maintenance fees continue to rise every year.

In 2020 I called Wyndham to take my ex-husband off the contract. This should have been a simple, clerical transaction, yet they tricked me into an additional contract that had over $25,000 in debt! When I noticed the amount deducted from my charge card I was shocked! No matter how many times I have called they will not help me. They just keep telling me that my only option is to pay off the debt faster. What kind of company is this?

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information