1.13/5

Discover a great timeshare now

649 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I wanted a vacay in Charleston SC in early September. Not available. Settle on Myrtle beach at the end of Sept. (It took an hour to find something). Hurricane hit Myrtle Beach and I still have a vacay! No refund. Have yet to have a good vacay with Wyndham.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

In September of 2017 I stayed a Wyndham Resort as a guest for a week. During my stay, I was invited to attend a presentation regarding a timeshare in exchange for a complimentary week at another resort. I attended the presentation and received my certificate and subsequently booked the week at the Hollywood Beach Tower in Hollywood, Fla. The first night in this resort I was accosted by bedbugs. I took one to the front desk and was offered a different room in the same resort. I logged into Google and saw another review from 3 days prior with the same complaint of bedbugs.

I was not interested in another night in this resort. I called RVC and was offered another room at a resort that was nowhere nearby and was further from my planned excursions. I have spoken to numerous individuals at Wyndham in Oceanside, RVC etc in addition to being transferred multiple times and sitting on hold to the tune of multiple hours. They are no help WHATSOEVER!!!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My wife and I signed up for a 3 day getaway to one many choice destinations. Living in the NYC area decided to take the train in the city for out 3 day mini-vacay. My wife informed me that we had to take a "90 minute" tour of the resorts timeshare offer and we would get a whopping $75 Visa card as a gift. I have been down this road before and know what these sharks are like. I know many people who regret ever buying into these programs as it is a vacuum that keeps sucking money out of your pocket year after year.

After about 3 hours in, we were getting quite agitated with the whole process but these "sharks" kept tag teaming us to the point of giving us the moon. Bonus weeks, 250,000 more points, free this, free that. They got us to the point that we "thought" how it really makes sense to buy in to their vacation program. Well 6 hours and $17,000 later, we walked out "proud new owners" of the "Wyndham Vacation Family". I really was convinced that their program was different. Well that night, I woke up at 3 am and thought "what the hell did we just do"!! I went on the internet and found what we just paid $17,000, you couldn't get more than a couple hundred dollars for. Then I found this site and saw all the reviews. With a half a dozen 2-5 stars and over 100 1 stars, that was enough for me.

So we enjoyed the rest of our time in NYC, got home and immediately followed the instructions to cancel the agreement. I followed the tracking and cancellation packed was in their possession in the prescribed amount of time. Thank god I said. I then told my wife, I don't care if they are giving a car as a gift. "No more timeshare tours". I realize that these thing work for some but not for most. If you truly want to be timeshare owners, buy on the secondary market and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars. Good luck to all.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We booked a celebration weekend work trip to Gatlinburg TN to stay Wyndham Vacation Rentals Baskins Creek resort. We booked 12 rooms for twelve couples months ago. As luck would have it a hurricane is now hitting our hometown Charlotte NC. Now we have two couples that have decided to stay home due to having small children (understandable) and other want to leave early so they can be sure they don’t get stuck here due to flash flooding expected in Charlotte. What does Baskins Creek say??? TOO BAD. You’re just out the money. I would be more understanding if there wasn’t a hurricane coming. What upset me the most is they are fully booked due to a car show in town and could easily just rent the rooms to someone else. This is an example of very poor customer service. I have stayed here many times before and will never again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Presentation was 5/6 hours to wear me down. I tried to OPT out and get refund. They lied! I filed complaints FTC, U.S. Attorney General FBI, BBB and others. I will fight them all they it's just a matter of time. I can find any Attorneys doing Class Action as I refuse at this time to pay someone to do it for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have been an ‘Owner’ for a good number of years and have been to numerous ‘short presentations or UPDATES’. I have been asked to leave, when asking to record their presentation, have been escorted to private office, where manager wants me and her associate to work out our differences where I was accused of ‘making her cry’. The company pushed us, myself and my now deceased wife, into purchasing one of their products at Edisto Beach. When we told them we would not be coming to the presentation on our assigned time (my wife was still very sick from round of chemo) they perked up with, "We can come right over to you," and in short order were at condo spreading their BS on table. They kept pushing my wife until I got very mad and actually asked me, why was I punishing my wife from giving her grandchildren a vacation from her.

This is the tactics they use on daily basis and no one seems to be able to stop them. It is the worst corrupt and fraudulent operation that can be found and they are so big, nothing be done to correct their deception. It’s all fraud at its best, I attend every time I use my points, and every time, they get upset about my attendance, and really get upset when others want to know same questions I’m asking. My contract is paid in full, of course still have those monthly fees, but please, no matter where you are, if Wyndham Vacation Resorts is involved, it will be fraud that they will be committing each and every time one of the salespeople open their mouths.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

While in Branson Mo. My wife and I were lured into buying cheap show tickets from a man there. When we signed for the tickets (after giving him our I.D.s) I noticed the paper said something about a timeshare presentation. I told him we did not want to set through a 5 hr presentation, he said that it would only take 2 hrs and we had to go if we wanted the tickets and that the paper we just signed stated that our money was non-refundable. So we went to the presentation which ended up being 3 and a half hours. (Lie #1)

During the presentation Chris told us we had to sign a release for them to do a SOFT credit check in order to receive our tickets, this was lie number 2. After turning down their $42,000.00 vacation package (paid in monthly installments with 14.99% interest) we had to wait yet another 45 minutes for our tickets while several other people tried to browbeat and guilt trip us into purchasing different packages from. When we returned home there was 2 hard credit inquiries on mine and my wife's credit reports. I tried calling Wyndham about it but so far I have been put on hold once for 45 minutes and another time for over 30 minutes without ever getting to talk to someone who could tell me anything I needed to know. They are liars and scam artist! Stay away from Wyndham at all cost!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We originally bought our points timeshare in Hawaii because we love it there. We also visited other resorts in the Wyndham network and each time we were put through a pushy and exhausting presentation. We got suckered into a Margaritaville purchase and a second contract. We have been completely misled about the benefits and availability of the resorts we wanted to visit even though I asked very pointed and exacting questions. I ended up getting upsold each time we went somewhere just so I could get out of the room where we were always held hostage for 8+ hours in uncomfortable conditions. We were told so many lies and misleading statements that I couldn’t keep things straight. The details are way too many for this space. Just say no. No presentation. No free gifts or meals. No **.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

While in Vegas my husband were at the Flamingo and we’re lured into a presentation by a fast talking man. He offered us several free things in exchange to stay at their casinos in the future. I thought we were being comped. He requested 40 dollars to cover taxes, our id’s and a paper to sign. Then I noticed we were agreeing to a 120 min presentation. I said, "Oh this is a timeshare pitch." He said, "Don’t worry you’ll just listen to it over a “buffet” breakfast."

During the presentation we were told not to use our phones as due to them interfering with the video equipment. If they did we had to start all over. At the end of the presentation we were told the sooner we filled out the credit applications the sooner we could take the tour. I declined to have my credit ran. At one point the sale men asked my husband if he wanted to fight him to which I replied as well as barked to us like a dog, not sure of his intentions but it was off putting.

After touring and my husband and I expressed our disinterest he asked us how much our monthly payments needed to be, knowing they like to talk payments I just said we could talk “numbers”. Many more times we expressed disinterest. Again he pushed for a monthly payment from me. Hoping they would let us go I lowballed and said 50 bucks. He got out of his chair and went to get the manager who writes 65 dollars down on a piece of paper. When I say “FOR HOW LONG AND HOW MUCH” we were dismissed. Thank goodness we dodged that bullet.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

WOW, what an experience! I learnt a lot about timeshares, people, manipulations, emotions, human brain and finally Wyndham. I am giving one star because I hated the concept of timeshare ownership of Wyndham Resorts and not for the presentation or the free gifts. We were walking in the casino of Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas and this guy in black suit offered to take a picture of us while we were struggling to take a selfie of us. Quite the gentleman huh! Small talk, small talk and asks if we received our gift basket? Blah blah blah. We were asked to pay $70 in cash for exchange of free gifts lol (how is it free anymore).

Anyways the gifts included two tickets to a Cirque de Soliel show which we wanted to see anyway and that costs $100 by itself. We did pay the said 70 bucks and got the receipt for that and agreed to attend the 'casual tour' at a Wyndham resort which included breakfast. This bugger specifically said there was no presentation or whatsoever.

We went to this Wyndham Blue Dessert resort for a nice awesome breakfast, NO it was some cheap bacon and soggy waffle. Hated it! Checked our credit card to see if it had matching name as in the ID and I was looking continuously if they try to punch in the CC numbers or do anything with it. They didn't. Then this guy greets us and introduced himself and said he was going to be our guide or whatever for the rest of the time we were there and took us to this room where the presentation was getting started. It was about 20 to 30 mins presentation, that's it. The lady presenting was hot so to me it wasn't boring LOL.

After that we were taken on the tour to see the model condos that we would be using if we decide to become "owners". These condos are nothing but a typical 1/2/3 BHK apartments. Nothing more nothing less. I personally like to stay in a nice hotel rather than a place that depicts an apartment. At this point I knew we were leaning towards 'No we are not buying'.

Before, during and after the tour we were asking a lot of questions to this guide of ours and he was very grounded in all the answers, tried to make sense as much as possible to most answers and not so much to others. For example when I asked - "Why do you keep saying owners, we are not owning any piece of land of anything" for which his reply, "We are owning their trust." Yay!!!

After the tour and a ton of q&a (from us mostly) next is the stress test/interview part. I honestly learned a lot about this concept and excited to get to this stress interview part. They had given us a piece of paper asking for details including SSN (yea they need that to see if we qualify for a specific tier or something). I did not even write our names on this piece of paper and told him I want all the information on the different pricing models and only then I will be giving my SSN. I suggest all of you not to give up your SSN right away unless you are very sure you were going to buy this membership.

Till this point there was no hints of what the cost of this membership was, so you would assume it's going to be in your face cost right! Following, blah blah blah he asks goes and checks with his manager and comes back and says he can customize a package for us depending on much we are willing to pay each month. I was like, "WAIT, no no no. You first tell me all the different packages and pricing models you have and then I will decide if I am even considering this membership." He runs back to his manager and comes up with different pricing models.

Phew finally I am seeing the numbers. For 400k points we should pay down 20k right on the spot and finance 80k at 17-18% interest and couple other pricing models. NONE of which is worth it in my opinion. He realized we are not impressed and brings in his manager to talk us, who tried her own method of convincing to sign up but we were sounding confident and assertive in saying No because we really felt it wasn't for us and explained them why it wasn't for us and thanked them for their time and patience. Left the place, collected all the free gifts in the gifting area. Watched that Cirque de Soleil show, enjoyed it and used couple other coupons too. So good experience over all but hated the concept of timeshare ownership.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel in Raleigh, NC this past summer that was under renovation at the time. The Wyndham Hotel name used to stand for quality, this no longer the case, at least at this hotel. It was unsafe, filthy, and all services were totally dysfunctional... the entire hotel was completely torn apart, totally disorganized, smelly, roaches crawling about, construction debris all over parking lot, locked stairwells, etc. This stay was a real disappointment to say the least. My husband is disabled and cannot climb even small stairs, so, after elevators became broken down and we were unable to get to our room and had to sit in lobby for nearly 2 hrs waiting for repairman to come make it start working, we canceled the remainder of our stay there... and at that time, the desk clerk informed us that this was a common practice for this hotel.

To add insult to injury... I am now overwhelmed with constant, nearly daily, cold calls and telemarketers on my private cell phone number from Wyndham Vacation Resorts. So, they not only misrepresented themselves as a functioning hotel, they also feel free to avail themselves of my personal contact info without my knowledge. I had no idea that this was going to be the result of my trusting them with my private contact information... and without my permission or approval they are intruding into my private life, via cold call phone calls on my cell phone, unsolicited, and extremely unwelcome on every level... whether or not; and when and if, I ever get this resolved, you can rest assured that I would NEVER, EVER, subject myself to this kind of shoddy, sneaky, and predatory business marketing practice. Shame on Wyndham corporation, this is the most miserable experience I have had with such a huge corporation in a very, very long time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Me and my spouse had done the Bluegreen seminar so we thought we would try Wyndham out! Worst mistake ever! They had us sit thru the presentation but after it was like we were drilled. We had our 2 kids with us so after being there for over 4 hours we were so drained! They tried running my wife's credit and the girl come back saying it wasn't going thru for some reason so I had her run mine. Boy I never should have done that! She acted like she hit a gold mine. After seeing the deal she could do for us I kept telling her now was not a good time. She made it out to seem like my family is not important to me because I wouldn't purchase that day. I will not ever use Wyndham again. Bluegreen vacation didn't pressure us like them. The girl at Bluegreen got it and didn't continue to drill me! Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My husband and I agreed to attend a timeshare presentation which was described as “a short slideshow” which would take 90 minutes. Almost 4 hours later, I was bumping into chairs in a desperate attempt to escape. I’ve never experienced such pressured and outright disrespectful behavior from salespeople. We were told that the inquiry which was REQUIRED by his boss to obtain the promised tickets, was a single, soft inquiry. Later in the day, I received notification from my credit reporting monitoring service that they had placed two, HARD inquiries on my credit!!! We continually refused the purchase and were approached by several other salespeople trying to get us to agree to the purchase!

Today, I received a notice of an account with Club Vacation with a $6000 credit limit. I NEVER AGREED TO OPEN AN ACOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY!!! WE WERE OUTRIGHT LIED TO ABOUT THE INQUIRY! The salesperson stated that most people purchase the packages. I knew better! If this were the case, why put so much pressure on perspective buyers? Despite my no, they went forward with a hard inquiry. Shame on you Tommy and your entire Wyndham Vacations team! Please open an investigation into the practices of this company! I’d be happy to answer additional questions and assist with the investigation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Had the worst experience. Long story short. Took 2hr presentation for $100 worth of free pass after presentation. 2 hr turned into 5 hrs. And they try to sell a $30,000 vacation package and wanted me to make the decision right then. And said they will check my credit score but it won't be a hard inquiry but 3 days later I see it's on my report. They would not give me any copy of any pages to look over or any pages that I signed like the credit check pages. I had a vision of Wyndham being 7 star resort but after going thru they presentation I give them 0 stars. They try their tactics so hard to get you to purchase right then and lie about some stuff. They never mentioned about annual fees or high interest rate. The sales guy said it would be a 0% interest rate and came back with 17%. Company sucks. Email me at ** if you want more info.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Over 10 years ago I bought Grand Desert in Las Vegas for reasons that do not need to get into. We have family that lives there so it seemed to be a good idea. Now we have no use for it & I had banked over 230,000 points with RCI. Through Ovation from Wyndham I sold part of my points through a legitimate real estate firm, only paying closing cost when the sale was executed. I was left with 77,000 points which again through Ovation I basically gave up to them. The good news is no more monthly fees.

Now the bad news. When I went to set up a vacation using my banked RCI points, I was informed that since my account was closed I lost all those points I had banked. When I called Ovation I was told very nicely, tough **. When I told the Ovation person I was never informed I would lose those points, again: tough **.

Thank goodness I am done with Wyndham. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. If you are ever offered one of these vacations, run from it as fast as you can. Wyndham is basically a scam operation. Whatever they offer you as a come on, tell them to take a hike.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Do not get me wrong. I enjoy Wyndham Resorts. They are great places to stay. But DO NOT buy points or TIMESHARES period! They are money pits!!! You constantly have to buy more points and upgrade to continue to vacation. You will never get paid off! My advice: Just rent from someone if you want to go!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was charged my own downpayment and someone else's downpayment on my PayPal account. After 45 min getting the runaround I finally got the extra 5,000 removed from my account. Then when I wanted to place a complaint I had to deal with another runaround which led to 30 more minutes of sitting on hold and talking to employees who didn't know anything to help me. Just to have one call me a liar and refer me back to one of the people I had already called. Fed up I hung up the phone. If I don't get a call back with someone seeking me out to resolve the issue then I'm going to cancel this contract that they breached by overcharging the down payment.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The monthly expenses of being part of the club outweighs the benefits. The point system only works for the resorts, (which probably isn't even available the dates you want to go) not the hotels associated with club Wyndham. You have to earn reward points which means spending more money. The credit card provided to earn said reward points is very limited and the interest is outrageous. I much rather save myself thousands of dollars a year and pay for my own hotel room than deal with the frustration of jumping through their loopholes just to get benefit out of the program. I cannot wait to cancel.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My g/f and I agreed to a 3 day/2 night vacay at any resort in exchange for a 90 min presentation in Austin, Tx and the $50 fee. The night prior to the presentation, we discussed high pressure sales and agreed that "no" would be our motto, no matter what. We arrived at the hotel and I parked in the 30 min check-in parking spot, of which there were about 20, 18 of which were free. I walked in and advised the desk person of what I did and what we were there for, and then was told that I had to move my car. Parking in the hotel was $7/hr, and I asked if they validated parking. When she said no, I questioned how they had the gall to charge me for parking for a presentation they invited me to attend. She then said we could park on the street, which we couldn't as there were no spaces. I told her never mind, we'll just leave and call it a day, at which point she said that she "thinks" the sales staff could validate parking if we got a ticket.

We had to go back outside to access that side of the building (and the sales staff) and found out sure enough, they would validate parking. Pretty sure the lady at the desk already knew that. Moved the car and waited for our presentation. We had an awesome salesman, Tyler. He assured us he wouldn't pressure us if we felt it wasn't a good fit. He was very personable, and we got a good vibe from him. That all went well. He asked if they could run our credit to see what we would qualify for. I asked him if it was a hard inquiry or a soft inquiry, and he was honest and told us it was a hard inquiry, which we allowed. He mentioned that there were 3 tiers, A, B, or C, each one divided into two. We qualified for B1, which was interesting as I paid off $27k in debt the day before. I advised him of that, and advised that we would qualify for A1/A2 had this been a week later.

His manager came back with the figures and the pricing, and then came the facts: 7K points for $30k w/~$5300 down and $250/month... financed at 17.83%. Nope. Not in this lifetime. Not at that interest rate. We're getting ready to build a house next year, and that isn't going to fly. He had mentioned before that they're a $12 billion dollar company, and I asked, given that, why couldn't they offer a better interest rate for something they're trying to sell. "Well, we aren't a bank." Exactly, so why the high interest rate? On to the next... he then said it isn't going to appear in our debt-to-income ratio on our credit report. WTF? How is that even *possible*? I asked him if we defaulted on that, would it appear on our credit reports, and he said yes. So I told him point blank that it would also appear as debt, because how could something not show a debt, but they needed to run our credit reports to acquire it, and it would show negatively if we defaulted.

He couldn't really answer that, and reverted to talking about the interest rate again, saying that we would only have to worry about that interest rate if we financed for the full 10 years, and that most of their members pay it off in 1-5 years. He said he and his wife refinanced through USAA, and, since this isn't a mortgage, that means they had to either take out a loan or put it on a credit card, which, at that point, WOULD APPEAR AS DEBT. He then brought over his credit/finance guy, who advised us that he used to do credit consultation, and that they've had members buy from Wyndham to help *build* their credit, which helped them qualify for a mortgage where they couldn't before. So, uhm, yeah, if that's the case, since this is reported on your credit report for timely payments, THIS APPEARS AS DEBT ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT. Duh!

The manager walked away and we told Tyler nope, we're not putting our dream home in jeopardy for this, and he was cool with it, living up to his word that he's not going to pressure us into doing something if we didn't feel it would be a good fit. His manager, however, came back and offered us 3 different points totals for lower dollar values. We told them we needed a moment to discuss, and they gave us our privacy. Tyler popped in for a moment to let us know that his manager would throw in a free week's vacay through RCI. We were actually discussing what we wanted to do for lunch :-) Came back, told him no again, and we signed their "Decline" paperwork and were on the elevator headed down in less than 3 minutes. We got our points information for a 3 day/2 night stay, and were on our way. After reading all these reviews, yikes... Glad we dodged that bullet!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Giving this hotel 1 star is more than generous. I went to the one on Medical Arts in Albuquerque and I have had the most exhausting, frustrating and upsetting experience, not once but twice. The man at the front desk was super disrespectful both times I stayed and the first time I stayed, he ended up giving my deposit away after I forgot my ID, to the "friend of a friend" whose name I used in order to stay there. Fast forward two weeks later: I go in fully prepared and try to check in. He looks at my ID and says they don't let anyone under the age of 21 stay there.

Keep in mind I stayed there two weeks prior to this new incident. After finding this out, I was upset because I looked up the entire business before I had even left my hometown and it didn't say anything about age requirements. I calmly came back inside and asked for documentation proving it to be a fact. He then got increasingly angry, gave me a business card, and we began yelling at each other over the matter right there in the lobby. I will NEVER EVER stay here again and I don't recommend anyone else do so either. His name is Josh and he is extremely rude to ALL visitors! Especially young ones!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We attended the presentation at “Shawnee Resort” on our 2nd day of our exchange vacation through RCI. It was a very high pressured and misleading, and I rejected it several times but they would not take no for an answer. After about 3 hours they kept pushing the issue, and so we purchased a plan. They said would be good for a 2 or 4-bedroom villa per year vacation in their newest units. After getting home and inspecting our paperwork & brochures and how many points it took we didn't even have enough points and we did not qualify for the “PIC” program. It's our legal right that we have 7 business days to cancel our offer, so with that said, we Canceled our purchase and they rejected it, so that they can stick it to me with something that we are NEVER going to use.

Now, I will need to have my legal representing in this disillusion since they have the upper hand. How many other innocent families are being destroyed by their unethical tactics. Also, they went and charged the entire amount on a Club Wyndham Credit card (on the second day after signing) that I did not authorized and or activated. I had to call the credit card people to have charges investigated for fraudulent usage. This was a total scam and needs to be investigated by our attorney general, and local news stations, so that they are exposed for the rats that they are.

They misrepresent and coercive the public into what they don't want. This is going to cost me a lot in legal fees to get out of after only nine days, not to mention they'll try and mess up peoples good credit rating for their own selfish purposes. Public be aware of the sheep in wolves clothing! Don't ever trust Club Wyndham. I will not stop until this agreement is Voided and dismissed on false pretenses!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We attended a presentation in Kona to obtain our $350 discount for a helicopter ride. The presentation wasn’t too bad, it’s pretty clear to spot their system. Everyone is super friendly, the goal is to create a “relationship” with you. Our rep was nice and didn’t try to pressure us into anything. However, it’s easy to fall into their trap, so don’t feel too bad if you do. It’s a lot like the old car dealership model, your sales rep will go confer with the finance guy to give you the pricing and incentives. Then they shuttle you to a closer, who masquerades as a quality control person. The pressure comes towards the end.

But like a car purchase, if you were to spend $23,000 on a car, wouldn’t you do some research on the vehicle before you buy it? In this sales system, we aren’t given the opportunity to do proper due diligence. So that should be your number one objection. Secondly, financially this makes no sense. If you invested $23,000 today in the capital markets and earned a conservative 5% in one year, that amount would roughly pay for a one week stay in a nice condo from VRBO at roughly $150 per night. You get to keep your $23,000 AND you don’t have to deal with managing points, dealing with a company that has major customer service issues as evidenced on this site, and the flexibility of booking vacations when and how you want to.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Their sales and marketing at Plantation Resort Villas in Surfside - For over three hours, I told the salesmen that I could not afford their Club and was completely happy with what I already have. After an hour or so, they brought in the big guy who could offer me more for less. Their whole pitch to me was that the program was free for the 1st 2 years. I even had them check my credit to show them that my credit was the lowest it had ever been and that I could not afford their Club. I was told that I qualified for their credit card, but it would be better for me if I put it on my PayPal, all while they kept telling me that it was free for 2 years and I need not worry about any cost. I now know why innocent people confess to crimes they didn't commit. After 3 hours, I would and did sign papers just so I could get out of there. I was in pain and my vision was blurred. I just wanted out!!!

When I arrived home from my timeshare, I received mail from Barclay's. I wasn't even sure what they were. It said I had been denied credit for a Wyndham card. Everything they told me that day was a lie. I checked my PayPal account that evening. And, sure enough, they had charged over $3,500 to it. How do they think I am going to pay that??? I immediately looked up the number for Mr. ** (he wrote it on one of the papers and was supposed to give it to me) and called him. He didn't answer so I sent him a text message. I have tried working with them to correct this and they refuse.

Original review: July 31, 2018

IF A 0 WAS POSSIBLE, THEY WOULD RECEIVE A ZERO! First of all, purchasing a timeshare from Wyndham has been the POOREST decision in which my husband and I could have made during our 17 years. Don't PURCHASE from Wyndham if you want to be treated with respect and consideration. I have owned with Wyndham for 6 years. The presentations are awful and it feels as if they are trying to bully you into purchasing units or something each time to "improve" your membership.

My biggest issue is that May 31, 2018, at 11 am, I scheduled a vacation for Aug. I realized the following day that the dates didn't work for my family and "canceled" the reservation. I scheduled another vacation that works for my family and was preparing for our vacation. I checked today 7/31/2018 to schedule for another vacation and realized that my points had not returned and the first vacation remained. I called customer service and it took them 10 minutes to answer my call and was put on hold for representative to speak with her supervision for another 10 minutes. To be told that IT will check into the issue to see if I "tried" to cancel the first reservation. If IT can't see that a mistake was made then I would have to forfeit my points. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED THAT WE WASTED OUR TIME AND MONEY WITH WYNDHAM! BUYER BEWARE, DON'T PURCHASE!

Original review: July 31, 2018

We agreed to a 120 minute presentation in exchange for a 3 night stay in Nashville. We were there for 9 hours! They lied to us, would not give us any details, and every time we asked them to actually show us on their website how to book a vacation and see what kind of availability there was at places we’d be interested in, they said they couldn’t because of privacy and just to trust them. They would throw out some fact that 89 percent of their members get where they want when they want, but won’t prove it. They said they had never been asked these types of questions by anyone before, so they’d have to check with someone.

The salesman would leave and come back a long time later. It was just ridiculous. If we had just taken his word for it, we would have been completely lied to and wouldn’t have known it until we had already lost money, and been stuck with fees for life! Not only our lives, but our children would be burdened with them for their lives as well. It’s literally forever.

Eventually several other people came in the room, and they were a little more honest. When they FINALLY showed us how it would work when we wanted to use the points, nothing was available on any of the dates we wanted at any of the places we wanted to go other than cheap hotel rooms we could get for less than $100 cash per night. We even looked 10 months out and there was still no availability at the amazing resorts they kept telling us about the kind they give you a tour of.

We looked in multiple cities in many different time periods. It is a total scam and I would stay as far away as possible. It wasted an entire day of our very limited time there, and we ended up having to stay an extra day and pay for another hotel to see what we came to see. Our “free” stay was far from free. Their presentation was extremely high pressure and although the salesman was always respectful to us, he lied about how well it works and how good a deal it is over and over. Their salespeople are dishonest, and their product is a scam. Stay away.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I will save you the trouble... for the lowest package $100k plus the $5k down-payment and the 120 months of payments at about $250 plus maintenance fees and administration fees. Sounds great right, for life right, pass it to your family right? Don't do it. I am a numbers guy and when the first plan came I said no. "Ok, we will work this for you." Come back with an even worse deal for about the same amount of money. Not I not a smart man but lost 40000 points in the second try and several other first plan features and they still wanted what the first plan price was going to be. Plus, when asked to see the contract to read the fine print... crickets. When asked about the additional things promised like all activities they promised would be included they skated around that one too. I guess I should have explained I work in sales and I know a good deal when I see one and this is not the case.

They tried to play with the guilt trip, tried to throw God into it, tried everything that they thought I would not catch on but I am very detail oriented and caught all the lies before they got to them. I was ready for them and I know they didn't expect that at all. Well, they finally take my no but then proceeded to send me to another person who tried to spill a bunch of information at me to try to confuse me. These guys are good and I can see why and how they get people. Please don't do it. It's not worth 2-3 hours of your life you just can't get back. Oh, and points systems are bad too... depending on size, location and other factors the cost they say is fixed then why aren't the points? It's costing you something and peace of mind knowing you don't have to buy into a 10 year pay off for something that isn't yours is not worth. Plus, what happens when they go belly up? Good luck getting any of your investment back. Just don't do it.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went in for a 90 minute Promotion, and was there for 2 1/2 hours. I finally walked out on my own. They literally chased me down to give me my free 7 night stay at one of their resorts. Now, I feel like there's more to it. Should I redeem my certificate or not?

Original review: July 28, 2018

My husband and I attended a Wyndham timeshare presentation in Branson, MO today. It was horrible! The salesman assigned to us started out friendly, but became increasingly rude. He belittled us and accused us of lying. He would say something critical of us, then say “Just kidding!” Toward the end of the meeting, I mentioned that I am disabled and might not be able to travel in a few years. His response to that was, “Well, you had better go now before you die!” That degree of insensitivity is appalling and unacceptable! Of course, our session ran way over the specified ninety minutes. By the time we left, I was near tears and my husband had a horrible headache. We felt like we had been flogged! I don’t understand how this company gets away with these tactics.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have to admit, I was naive in signing up with Wyndham, they assured me that my ownership with Shawnee in the Delaware was nothing but a downhill money slide and they pitched me and my daughter a great sales pitch. They saw us coming, MY ADVISE TO YOU, if you want a timeshare, I will let you buy mine for a half of what Wyndham will charge you. If you feel more comfortable dealing with Wyndham get a lawyer to read all of the hidden fees. Shawnee was a happy place for me and my family for many years and while the maintenance fees kept going up, it still was a straightforward deal. Wyndham is a money pit that never stops and I don't think in the past years of being a member with Wyndham that I have actually enjoyed the two or three vacations that we went on.

I still have a deed on the Shawnee property which is great for Wyndham because I pay for both having Shawnee maintenance and for Wyndham fees. Mostly every month I have a bill besides other payments and fees. You can never get a place when you want to travel, so you need a person to be online every day to try and book when you want to travel. Don't know about you but I work full time, on a computer and really don't want to come home and sit on a computer every night too! I am so mad at myself for getting involved with Wyndham, if anyone can give me advise on how to sell to at least not lose all the money I have invested in this or a lawyer that can help I would appreciate it. Looking to retire soon and I will have to get rid of this one way or another as I cannot afford the payments.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We are staying at a Wyndham resort in Kauaii on a friend's behalf and love the place. We were offered a discounted helicopter ride in exchange for attending a 90 Minute Meeting. I was assured no more than 90 minutes. Since do what I say is one of my values, I agreed to go. 90 minutes in, the point system was so confusing I just couldn't take a 3rd explanation. When my salesperson said she would get her manager, I bailed. If they are willing to break the very first promise they gave me - 90 minutes, who knows what's next? Having now read other reviews, I feel very lucky to have dodged a bullet.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs