Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I visited Wyndham and did the sales tour for the 100 gift card and they signed me up for some $3600 package without my knowledge when I signed their acknowledgment of receipt for the gift card, they somehow copied my signature and "sold" me something that I never actually bought. Now I have a PayPal credit statement saying I owe Paypal... Crazy stuff. Stay away from Wyndham. Super crooked.

We purchased a credit-based "Discovery" package, which was promoted as a way to enjoy and evaluate "vacation ownership" with a modest investment. We consider ourselves fortunate to have not committed the $20,000-$40,000 that many people have, as this has turned out to be a very poor investment. We have used our package twice and have been underwhelmed both times.

A note about booking - there are several tiers of "vacation ownership", and only the highest tier has a web-based booking interface that they can use to manage their account and book resorts. The other tiers require calling a representative, something which is optional in the top-tier program but shouldn't be needed at all in the modern era. This is especially true here, because dealing with the program administrators is especially difficult. It has taken us four calls across three weeks to book the first time and two calls the second time, with multiple mistakes being made the second time. Their attitude and level of support on the phone is definitely less helpful than even discount hotels, which is a common thread throughout our experience with this program.

And that's the problem - the value of program isn't really much better than a hotel of equivalent quality and the service, on the phone and on-site, is worse than a Red Roof or Quality Inn. By value, I mean the quality of the room and the availability of amenities, which is worse than most of the hotels than I have stayed in. Specifically, you get the rooms - which, so far, have been decidedly average, but not the service that you would expect. No linen changes, no towel service, no cleaning during your stay, no "room service" to bring food or sundries. You're on your own, which is fine if you like that sort of experience but doesn't fit most people's idea of "vacation".

If you calculate the cost of the "credits" or "weeks", depending on the program that you buy into, on a per-day basis, the room cost is about the same as equivalent rooms in the same area - and often with fewer physical amenities such as water features and recreation areas. So, despite the rosy picture painted at the sales meetings, you're buying into a system that give you an average room with less-than-average service... and pay for it upfront. I strongly recommend passing on this, and just shop carefully for hotel rooms.

We went to their sales presentation in Myrtle Beach and after stating we were not interested in purchasing they convinced us to get a 400k "discovery" package where we can try their resorts and enjoy "timeshare" for 2 years without spending more than the $3500 or so we paid. We fell for this and when attempting to book, we were then told that it is a limited amount of resorts which was not told to us when we purchased the package. We then attempted to enjoy our vacations which we quickly found out were old, undesired resorts and not at all what we were originally shown. However, the worst part is when you call you are on hold for hours and they just changed their software so I couldnt make reservations since they had "system issues". So during this period my points expired and they simply said... Sorry but we can give you a discount voucher to use! No way!!! Stay clear from them as they will tell you what you want to hear but not follow through.

We are a weeks owner as opposed to a points owner. We were always told by Wyndham we can book our vacation as far out in years as we wanted as long as we paid our maintenance. This year we are being told the 2019 inventory is not in the system yet as of August 1, 2017. I feel Wyndham is penalizing weeks owner because they would like everyone to convert to the point system. When we purchased our resort over 20 years ago we have been taken over by different resort companies and it seems like each one wants to make up their own rules. I have been getting the runaround from Wyndham every time I call. I am very frustrated as I can't seem to get to the person in charge of this booking mess.

My fiancee and I was aggressively sold a Discovery timeshare on September 8, 2015. We went through 3 aggressive sales people. The last sales woman told us that we could go to a small list of places which included Fiji and Hawaii. We were given a colorful booklet featuring all the places we could go. In retrospect I wish I would've looked through the booklet thoroughly. I would have seen that Hawaii was not on the list. I was reluctant at first but thought if I could go to a nice place in Hawaii for $2,009.00 then I wouldn't mind paying for the additional flight.

Fast forward to 10 months later. I call the discovery member services to set up my Hawaii vacation and I'm told that Hawaii is not an option. They tell me Fiji and certain resorts in Mexico are available but not Hawaii. Now my membership is set to expire on September 8th and I will not have used my membership. It will be wasted and the none of the reps have been able to help find a way to make a use of my membership. I can't even give it away or allow any else to use it. I am the only person who can use this membership and it effectively useless. I was blatantly lied to and I will not ever recommend Worldmark Wyndham services to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

I received a time share invite with a 120 minute presentation with a promise of $75 gift card. My partner and I were greeted by a nice young man who will remain nameless with the presenter being from our hometown which seem to go well. Afterwards we were taken on a tour of a condo style room with rooftop which was nice. Everything was good until the fast talking stuff started with these "Closers" promising you things like Everybody wasn't there getting the same things. A credit check was ran when in fact they stated that we're not running one, which is when this nightmare began.

I received an email from PayPal stating that my credit was ran and thanking me for my payment which I didn't authorize, a downpayment of $1900 (which I was told that would be waived), my PayPal credit limit was $1500 on an account that I already have with an $0 balance. So you could imagine my level of frustration when I asked the final closer what was going on? At this time I was told that they were giving me six months, no interest, no payments (which is a PayPal regulation anyway) and that I had signed for an increase. They added a kindle fire to the deal, offered to go out and get us food for the wait considering we were there for five hours. However, I had to let them know that I expected an immediate reversal of the charges and NOTHING further would be talked about.

I also advised them that they should not lie to people about their credit inquiry or act as if they are getting some for free when PayPal already promises the same thing to all of their customers. I immediately called PayPal alerting them that I did not in fact authorize this transaction or ask for an increase on my credit limit and I would like to avoid anything from Wyndham or any other properties. I was outraged by the fact that these people bank on the fact that you won't catch what they are doing before all of the paperwork is done. They are quite the cons in this business. I'm sure now I'll never own a timeshare! Please if you plan to attend one of their presentations get your free gift and cheap reservations and run!

I have been an owner with Wyndham for 5 years. Great program. I was able to travel on 8 great vacations. Some locations are better than the others but still best the money and quality time with the family. Thank you Wyndham.

I went to Sea World, Orlando with my wife back in January and was solicited by a very exuberant representative at a kiosk there, to buy a Wyndham Vacation Resorts package at a cost of $3753.06. (I don’t know what Sea World's relationship with Wyndham is.) The Wyndham rep. told us we have thousands of properties around the world. For our $3753 we got 400,000 points to use for our dream vacation. Then we had to endure an almost day long sales pitch at the Wyndham Bonnet Creak Resort in Orlando trying to get us to buy into their time share program, which they took great pains to explain was not a time share program but an annual vacation program!

As an enticement, for an additional $40, we were given a Resort Vacation Certificate redeemable for a one week stay at one of a rather large list of resorts. We could redeem the certificate at any time for one year from our signing date, but no earlier than 30 days prior to the date we desired and of course, subject to availability. Only problem... when we attempted to redeem our certificate we found that of this large list of properties very few were available without paying an additional charge of in some cases over a thousand dollars. Not too surprisingly the very few that were available at no extra charge were not very appealing! We have given up on our attempt to "redeem" our "Resort Vacation Certificate" as a lost cause. Kiss that $40 goodbye!

Then I tried to book our "Club Wyndham Discovery Vacation" using the 400,000 points that our $3753.06 purchased. We thought that the Bonnet Creek property would be a nice place to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary next year with the kids and grandkids. Unfortunately, the Wyndham website kept coming back with "Not enough points" every time I tried to book the date we selected. This, in spite of the fact that the week we selected added up to less than the 400,000 point limit. Finally I gave up trying to use Wyndham Vacation Resorts web page and decided to call Wyndham and speak to a representative. Nice try. After being placed on hold for 51 minutes I gave up on that as well. I thought the Wyndham was a reputable organization but this experience has changed that opinion forever.

Let me just say If you are on Vacation in San Antonio at the River Walk or anywhere else and are approached by someone from Wyndham Hotels saying they want you tour one of their new hotels which we found out later the hotel has actually been there for many years, please just WALK AWAY. I regret wasting 4 hours of my family vacation time because of the person telling me it was new hotel and he could get us free tickets to the Drive Through Safari and the Natural Bridge caverns for our 10 Year old son just to do a walk through to view their new hotel. When only to get there it was a severe pressure sale of a time share.

The lady that we were paired with to try to get us to buy it was absolutely rude and would not take NO for an answer. It was horrible and they make you go through the whole process of videos and makes you sit there listening to her whole spiel of timeshare and when we would try to talk she totally ignored anything we were saying and talked over us the whole time.

After telling her no a thousand times practically, she still gets her manager over to talk to us about finance. We told the manager we weren't interested AT ALL and she pretty much had an attitude and made a nasty comment to us and walked off. At the end it was getting very ugly, So my husband asked her since she keeps claiming that it's not about the money which is CRAZY expensive and claims that they really care about us, he asked her when we leave here would she remember us. And she Actually said NO!!! Let me just say I will never ever stay, Buy into the Vacation homes or recommend this Hotel to Anyone just for the mere fact that we were misled and were talked to so rudely I was almost in tears at the end. I was so mad.

My experience in the Wyndham hotel room 523 the room is filthy. I've taken two showers. Walked around on this dirty dirty dirty carpet and my feet is black as tar so before I put on my shoes I'm going to stand in the shower and wash my feet once again. There was no ironing board in the closet. Had to call the front desk at 5 o'clock in the morning to bring me an Ironing board. There was a bug floating in the iron and totally gross experience. I feel so dirty staying here. I pray I don't bring any bugs home with me from the dirty Wyndham Hotel. Take my advice and do not stay here. You will regret it.

Club Wyndham not only ruined my wife's birthday, but continue to amaze us with their shady sales techniques, ten days later. We were enjoying a New Orleans vacation and agreed to hear a 1 1/2 hour sales presentation in exchange for free tickets to a riverboat cruise and to the aquarium. The sales pitch by two sales associates lasted 4 hours, with help from two "closers". They weren't used to someone who fixated on fine print like "19.99% interest", As soon as I had given them authorization to run a credit check, I saw this site, and stated that I wanted nothing to do with Club Wyndham or Wyndham Vacation Resorts. That just brought in another "closer" who tried to sweeten the deal further even though the original sales reps knew they had lost our trust.

The next day I contacted PayPal Credit to have them remove an unauthorized charge, and PayPal urged that I get something in writing from Wyndham stating that they would not make any further charges to my account. Six phone calls to national and local offices later, I still have not found anyone who will do me that favor or even apologize.

Since returning from vacation, I have received four mailed notifications of denied credit from two different credit issuers stating that Wyndham tried to authorize charges they would not approve on my behalf. One of those banks was never even mentioned in the sales pitch. No Wyndham representative I've contacted can tell me what they have done with my sensitive information. The best I've received is a P.O. Box in Las Vegas, where I can send a written request to their Rescission Department. My advice to anyone lured into a Wyndham sales pitch is to remember to keep asking "how much longer before we can say no, and leave with the incentives you promised us".

Me and my boyfriend attended a tour when we went to the Dells. We did not buy but we were given a 2 night 3 day stay for $100. I wanted to use the getaway for my body. I called the number. Played the $100. I was told I would get an email confirmation before I could book. I called the number that was provided and have not gotten anyone to answer after waiting for over an hour. When I called the number where I played the money I was told there was nothing he can do and literally got hung up on. I really considered buying but I'm very happy now I didn't. I lost out on a $100 for sure but it could be worst. I thought Wyndham was a trustworthy company and I couldn't be more wrong. I learned my lesson. I will never pay a dime to any company before looking at their real customer reviews.

On July 15, 20I7, I was in Orlando on vacation attending a family reunion. During my stay I went to the shopping area across the street from where I was staying. I participated in a game to spin the wheel and won the opportunity for a week's stay at a Wyndham Hotel for $75.00. The only condition required to receive this offer was to attend a 90 minute presentation at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. I paid $40.00 and was to pay the remaining $35.00 at the end of the presentation. At which time I would receive the certificate for the week's stay. I made an appointment to visit the facility the following day at 11:00 am. Upon my arrival and after registering at the front desk I was seated in a waiting area. After a short wait, about 10 minutes a "gentleman" (and I use that term lightly) came and escorted me to a room with several other people that consisted of consumers/vacationers and sales persons.

The first thing that he did was to give me a form to sign which required some sensitive information and appeared to be a credit check. I told him I was not going to purchase anything, but he assured me that it was standard procedure for some reason which I don't remember. We met for about 30 minutes before the 2 minute warning was given. At which time the "Magician" / Director appeared and addressed the group. He entertained us with magic tricks as part of his power point presentation. It was quite entertaining. He appeared on America's Got Talent in 2007? After the "show" the salesman continued his presentation and explained the concept very well. I was also shown several units which were absolutely beautiful. When we returned to the room, he proceeded to begin the purchasing process, offering several options and scenarios.

I emphatically told him that I was not going to be purchasing or signing a deed for any property today. He continued to be persistent for the next 30 minutes or so and when he saw he was not getting anywhere, he left the table and returned with his supervisor. Of course his supervisor who was an ex homicide detective started his spiel, offering more incentives and options to purchase. In an effort to gain my trust he showed me pictures where he had been beaten when he was a detective. His point was you never know what tomorrow will bring in that this event changed his life forever. He spent more than another 30 minutes trying to convince me to purchase. I told him "no " and that I was ready to leave. He said he understood and that the sales person who had left during this time was processing me out.

They both left me at the table for another 20 minutes or so until I asked someone to find the sales person (Bena?) because I was ready to leave. He came back and told me it would be a little longer that he had to get the paperwork signed in order for me to get my certificate for the stay. However this is not what happened. I was then taken to another small area and met with another salesperson whose name is Felix **. He presented the leasing option. This option was presented as a 2 year plan and appeared reasonable for the fee of $2922.00. A down payment was required of which I was not willing to pay. So guess what. Another sales person came and she offered me the option of no down payment and 6 months no interest through a PayPal account. At this point I said "okay" and the paper work process began which was tedious and time consuming.

To make a long story short I left after being there about 4.5 hours. I was physically ill by the time I arrived back to my hotel. The next day after close examination of the papers I discovered that the two year deal had miraculously changed to one year with the end date being 08/14/2018 instead of 08/14/2019. Upon my return home and on 7 /17/2017 I called financial services and inquired about the process for cancelling this transaction. The contract contained a clause that you had ten calendar days to notify Wyndham Vacation Resorts of your intent/right to cancel. The person that I spoke (Marquee) advised me that I had to submit the request in writing and that I could do this by email. I was provided the email address and sent the email notifying Wyndham Vacation Resorts that I was cancelling the contract.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:01 PM CST I received my confirmation letter that my request to rescind my contract had been completed. I would also like to add that Marquee spoke was very very kind and was a pleasure to talk to. The five other individuals were ruthless, insensitive, unprofessional and uncaring of my needs as a consumer. Thank you for the opportunity to provide this review and to make other consumers aware of Wyndham Vacation Resorts business tactics.

The sales guy was ok but his Supervisor (the closer) was AWFUL. He tried to bully me into making the deal and he was so aggressive that I had to tell him so. He jumped up and stormed off as if they told him he would be fired if he did not close the deal with me. If this is the service you get to come on-board, I can only imagine the service once they have your money locked in. I will never purchase a Wyndham resort not EVER. The poor "baby" acting sales guy, sat there and pouted once they knew I was serious about not purchasing and told me "I lied to him and was I just playing a game with them." I told him several times that I could not afford that high interest rate after it was revealed that it would be 17.99%. This is why I love my HILTON HOTELS and will never go against them again...

I have read through many of the reviews for Wyndham and have had the same experience as everyone else. High pressured sales is only the beginning, when you can stay at a nice resort, we have stayed at one that was nice, they basically make you go to another sales presentation. I literally had to get in the guy's face and curse him like a sailor to get him to back off. My husband was totally freaked out, saying we aren't buying anything else and the sales manager was telling us how stupid we were not to downgrade our timeshare which meant we had to spend thousands more dollars and buy more points so we could lower our maintenance fee. We were totally baffled, WHAT, WHY WOULD WE BUY MORE POINTS TO LOWER THE MAINTENANCE FEE!!!

Now, a year later I have become disabled and I can't get rid of my timeshare, I was told to use SMTN to sell my timeshare so they did the ad and said if you pay $1,498 for closing costs and title transfers, etc up front and we can take care of it for you. Ok, so I did that. 6 months later I have reduced the price by $10,000 so it is listed for what I owe, instead of what I paid, and still not selling. I have now called finance at Wyndham trying to have them take back the timeshare and they were kind enough to give me a hardship of 6 months, so I don't have to make the payments for 6 months but I do have to pay the maintenance fee of $105 a month.

But guess what, I can use my points, I have transferred over 500,000 points to RCI for every year that we didn't get to vacation and I still have the points for this year which I was saving for the "new owner." If anyone has figured out a way to get rid of their timeshare besides nonpayment (closing my bank account) or stop payment $25 every 6 months, please share it with everyone. Otherwise we can just have a collection on our credit report for the next 7 years and be done with the scam.

Prepaid reward card doesn't work. I went to a 5 hour timeshare presentation for a $100 prepaid rewards card. I tried to use it, but it didn't work because I was at a gas station. Apparently that isn't allowed and will automatically put a hold on the card. I was told to wait for the hold to clear over and over again. Today when I called, I was told that my card expired and that they can't do for anything for me. Horrible customer service!

My experience with the timeshare units has been positive. Most facilities are very nice and well located. Yes, the selling pressure can be annoying but we just stop it. A few locations needed upgrade but were fine. The exchange with RCI works very well.

I have been reading other reviews. All of them are the same experience I have had. They are dishonest, liars and scam artist who have no conscience about taking money from people who thought they were buying a good vacation package. Read all the reviews. Every one of them sum up this horrible business. I am so sad. I spent money I was saving to try and have a nice vacation with my children and grandchildren. Now I have neither.

Went to Myrtle Beach and set in on a Wyndham timeshare. Pressured into buying points. Told it would be only 1 hour and literally sat in for 8 hours. I was suckered in and my fault. I was never given a time frame to cancel and now that I have read all my papers and realized that the interest is 110% of the cost I am paying over double for these points. That is a rip off at it finest. They never went over that with me and never said I have 5 days to rescind. I have read all the reviews and now I feel that I'm stuck for the next 10 years paying for something that I will probably never utilize with the way they have it set up. I am one week lake to rescind. This company really needs to be shut down. I need a way OUT!!! If anyone have any insight on getting out of this deal please share. Any class actions suits out please reference me the info!!!

The floor hallway & kitchen floors were dirty & sticky. The carpet in the living room area had food crumbs on it. I went to use the mini vacuum & mop provided, both were caked with dust and dirt. The first night we pulled out the sofa sleeper and found a layer of food, dust & dirt behind it. The sofa sleeper had to be 20 years old with broken springs and a mattress thin as a piece of paper. The third day we noticed water dripping from the ceiling area and on the wall with the circuit breaker box. We contacted maintenance and a plumber (??) responded. He said the air-conditioning unit needed to be serviced. The next day someone came in & removed the dirt/dust coated filter from the ceiling vent and left clumps of dust/dirt hanging from the vent cover. The air-conditioning Unit continued to drip in the same place. No one bothered to check in or behind the circuit breaker box or contacted us.

WORST experience I ever had with any sales teams. This is regarding timeshare presentation. My wife submitted a form in Chicago Fashion outlet malls for a winning car. There is some agency called JCS getaway called saying we won a prize which will cost around $4,600. My wife told that she is not interested and the gentleman from JCS told that we are not obliged to pay anything and we can just take the gift and obliged to listen to their presentation. This is all between Wyndham marketing and agency JCS responsibilities. They did as per their duties. My wife took me and my kids to Riverfront as per schedule.

Now comes the criminal and wicked sales team. We reached Riverfront and asked to wait in some waiting area. One old wicked lady came and started giving dramatic laughs and telling you are my family etc. Things went fine for one hour and she is sweet but even my kids asked why is she is acting so much and I said that it her job. By the way this old lady is around age of 50. When the time came to break ice, I told that I want to know the price, she never disclosed but started saying that she need to figure it out. She tried to get some feasible number from me and tried trapping me to give number and I commit to it. I told that I have different commitments and didn't commit anything. She tried to force me a lot and tried to be rude to make me tell yes. I didn't agree to it and then she got her boss or supervisor or someone but for me he seems like a jerk.

Who in Wyndham selected him as a sales person I don't know He never has smile on his face and asked me why are you here? I told the fact and also told him that I am here for gift as your company representative forced me to come here for presentation. So he started having heated argument with me and my wife. This jerk asks us so with the gift you don't want to pay penny which is immaterial to him. He went to so much low standards for his company or the old wicked sales woman in his team or an emotional trap he was trying. I was left along with disrespect and no hospitality shown which is expected from hotels especially. I felt even my enemy wouldn't behave like the way Wyndham sales team behaved. Giving rating 1 is way higher and don't find anything to give negative rating on the experience we had.

Booked a Wyndham hotel (Howard Johnson Kelowna BC) in early March for 5 days which would have earned me enough points for a free night's stay. Upon my arrival in June to my shock I found out that this hotel had been sold and the new owners were no longer affiliated with Wyndham. Unfortunately there were no vacancies at any other Wyndham hotels in Kelowna at the date of my check-in. I opened a case with Wyndham asking them to honor the points that I would have accumulated. After a lot of back and forth with the customer service rep I received a very disappointing email quoting my case # and telling me that unfortunately I would not be receiving any points for my stay and to sort it out with the new hotel owners. This in my view amounts to fraud!

I booked thru Wyndham in good faith and have been a loyal customer for 2 years booking multiple stays in the past. This would have been an easy problem for them to remediate but they chose to do nothing. Never did they notify me of a change of ownership which they had plenty of time to do. They sold the business with goodwill. I don't see the new owners being in any way responsible. The Howard Johnson or Wyndham are totally culpable here. They obviously do not value their customers. I refuse to do any future business with them. It's their loss! Horrible customer service! Next I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and possibly letting CTV's W5 know as well... These criminals need to be called out!!!

I am a young adult who went on a trip with my husband to Hawaii. We wanted some extra cash so we went to the Wyndham meeting. We purchased one of their trial packages. They say you get 2 years to use it. This is not the case. You only get a year and half. Next issue: We have been trying to book something for 2 months. I have called numerous times to be told the system is down. They then had to put an extension on my account because their systems were not working, but they told me I would be required to call back again in 24hrs to ensure it occurs. After which I will have to wait another 48hrs to book. And I must book something within the next 3 months. However there are no places with rooms left.

Then they heard we interested in purchasing more points, and we were hounded by a man for weeks. He would leave two messages a day telling me "YOU NEED TO CALL ME NOW." This went on for 3 months. Overall this may be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with in my life. STEER CLEAR!! I promise you there is nothing good that can come from this.

We signed up in Mar 2017 and this has been a horror show. Cannot reach anyone on phone (average wait time is 64 minutes). They promised availability year round for top resorts. We cannot book a single place we want. We have tried since April to cancel and due to lack of response they now say we are outside the window. This is the reply we received from their "customer-owner care" rep:

I cannot apologize enough for the delay in response. I have been working to see if there was absolutely any way that we could get your requests fulfilled. Since the contract is outside of the rescission window, we are beyond the point we can just cancel the contract as if it had not happened. I was also looking to see if we could address the concerns that you brought up in your written statement. While we always work hard to get calls and e-mails answered in a timely manner we have been experiencing issues that have made hold times abnormally high for our owners."

"As for the availability it is always easier to find units in the 10-13 month windows due to that inventory being newest in the system. The two year span is a RCI time frame and I can understand how surprising that would sound to have an agent provide that kind of timeline. As for the Christmas bookings, holidays are always popular travel times. I am happy to check dates and locations for you to see if there is anywhere you would like to travel with Wyndham."

"At this time I do not have an option for canceling your contract. I have looked into all of the different options for getting your request fulfilled. After exhaustive research there is no option open for cancellation. I am sorry that this is not the answer that you or I had been hoping for on this issue." This has been a nightmare. We stopped payment with credit card and Wyndham charged it again. How a company. This is sad and we can not believe we were duped like this as we think of ourselves as smart people. Shame on Wyndham but we will not stop until they get exposed and we get our money back!

My wife and I purchased a discovery package the end of April 2017. What a disaster. First they told us we book travel immediately but have to have $1400 in equity by the time travel starts. Total lie. Money has to be paid before you book. One month ago I tried to pay equity but they said computer system was changed. Give them a few days. Kept calling for a month, long wait and still told computer system is not fixed. Last time I called week ago and they gave me a case number and said they would have it fixed and notify me. So far nothing. They have offered no compensation or solution. Could notify Better Business Bureau but doing that before with another company they do nothing. Wyndham are basically worthless people that don't do what they say. I have learned a lesson for sure. Requested my money back and they said problem would be fixed soon. Yeah sure!

We have been a Wyndham timeshare owners many years. Suddenly, Wyndham has changed programs in a way that limits flexibility. We used to be able to bank points for use in the next three years, now owners must choose a year to which those points will apply. Worse, Wyndham launched a new website that does not work well. Owners can no longer see if a resort has multiple units available. They must book a resort and take the chance that another unit is available. If it is not, the points are labeled "return reservation points" and must be used the current year and cannot be applied to maintenance fees, used as hotel points, or banked as they would be if they were used to make a reservation.

Wyndham resort is kind of a scam. The resorts are average but not the standard as highlighted. The worst part is every time you check in, their team is chasing after you for recruiting as a owner. They offer small thing gift if only you admit as a member. If you don't agree, they withdraw the gift. Yesterday, I stayed at Wyndham hotel room in Sydney. They deducted my points worth of $250 for this room, one night. They charged extra from me in the name of cleaning $95. Their check in time is 4.00 PM in the evening but need to check out by 12.00 noon on the following day. This cost me $450 in total. The same kind of room could have been booked elsewhere for $125 in the same areas.

Then they offered in the name of complimentary breakfast. Later as I did not consent to attend their silly and ridiculous presentation, they demanded me to pay back for the complimentary breakfast $19.50 each. Every time you check in they are chasing after you until you get caught. My advice is not to become their member. Calculate your own arithmetic without taking their foolish calculation. They are working for commission. So they don't mind either you die tomorrow, they want you to become a member. You can have much better options if you book at your own hotel room elsewhere. It is cheaper, better quality, plenty of options if you have your own booking rather than booking at Wyndham resort. This is not worth for your money at all. This is a scam. Don't get caught.

Poor service - sitting on the phone for over an hour to get assistance? Travel anywhere in the world? Not unless you transfer your points to RCI. If I had to do this over, I absolutely wouldn't invest. What the sales folks tell you and reality are very far apart. Invest your money in a different vacation plan.

I have owned a Wyndham timeshare since 2013. Although I do not get much value from the ownership, I see it as an option for less than 10% of my vacation needs and thought I'd keep it until I had a very unfortunate encounter with two sales reps today in NYC. I decided to use my Wyndham points to get a room for 2 nights at the new NYC location.

At check-in I was asked to meet with a welcome representative who I must admit was quite nice. She told me a bit about NYC which I didn't need to hear because I grew up in NYC but I was patient and respectful. She then proceeded to invite me to a breakfast event where I would "learn more about the Wyndham Midtown 45 property and receive from $50 to $1000 in an Amex gift card just for attending." She gave me a card with a secret amount to be opened during the event. She then told me that I would have to make a $20 deposit for the breakfast at which point I let her know that I wasn't interested, thanked her and walked away.

Later in the day she ran into my daughter and tried to convince her to attend the breakfast event. She gave my daughter a message, asking my daughter to let me know that she would waive the $20 breakfast charge. I ignored the message. She ran into me the following morning and told me that she would waive the $20 breakfast deposit. I thought about it and decided that I would attend because a free breakfast and the chance to get $50-$1000 in exchange for more info about my Wyndham ownership and perhaps a small sales pitch would be okay. Although as usual she did not mention that a sales pitch would be involved but I know this from past experiences. She confirmed that the session would begin at 10:30 am on Sunday only last one hour.

I had a fabulous time at the wedding and I spent the night at the Hilton while some family members stayed in the Wyndham room. I walked over to the Wyndham in the morning for the 10:30 am breakfast event as I promised. I was escorted around the corner to another location for the event. When I arrived I was greeted by two of the rudest sales people I have ever met. I explained that I was not interested in purchasing more Wyndham points because it made no sense. I am already paying over $900 per month for maintenance and I can only get a tiny hotel room for 2 nights in NYC using ALL OF MY POINTS in addition to the maintenance fee. I could have stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for two nights with the money I pay for the Wyndham.

Additionally, most of my vacation needs are not met by my Wyndham ownership because there are limited properties and most of my vacations are outside of the US. More importantly, even if Wyndham has hotels all over the world, which in my experience, they don't, I want the flexibility to stay wherever I want to and I don't want to be limited to staying at the Wyndham. Quite frankly, on this particular trip I was staying both at the Wyndham Midtown 45 and the Hilton Midtown and having a far better experience at the Hilton so what sense does it make to buy more Wyndham points. I said this all respectfully but I wanted to be honest with the two sales women because it would give them the opportunity to explain the value of Wyndham. They could not explain the value except encouraging me to buy more points and invest $100,000 in Wyndham points in order to get value for my money.

I explained that if my current investment wasn't offering value, why would I invest more money? One of the women proceeded to tell me that the fact that I have owned for 5 years and haven't bought more points means that money is tight with me and that I couldn't afford it. They began to ask me why I even came to the event if I wasn't planning to buy points. Let's recall that I was never informed that a sales pitch was involved in the breakfast event in the first place. Not to mention that I was both lied to and bribed to come to the event. I came for the free breakfast and the money like you promised!!!

Now what really annoyed me is not just the fact that the two women became really low and rude as time progressed, but the fact that they totally ignored the time factor and the fact that I told them that my underage son was alone at the Hilton where I had to reserve another room due to the poor value on my Wyndham ownership that did not allow enough space for my family of 4 to stay. I told the sales women from the start that I needed to leave at 11:40 to check on my 16 year old son and check out of the Hilton. They said it was fine then totally showed no regard for time and refused to give me my gift card in time for me to leave as agreed. They brought out their male boss at 11:52 who told me that my underage son was old enough to stay at the Hilton Midtown by himself and that there was no issue.

At that point I was completely out of patience and lost my cool. I informed him that the sales women knew of my need to leave from the start and that I was disappointed that they did not seem to "give a **" about my son's well-being. He then turned it back around on me and said, "there is no need to curse." When is there a need to curse Wyndham? This experience ruined the high I was feeling from the wedding. I walked from the Hilton to the Wyndham that morning singing beautiful hymns in my mind and recalling the wonderful experience at the wedding only to be robbed of my joy by your classless sales reps. I already own a Wyndham timeshare so it is unfortunately that you treat customers so poorly.

Tomorrow I will call to find out how I can end this relationship. I was willing to overlook the fact that ownership is just a waste of money but I am not willing to overlook the rude and tasteless interaction with your sales team today. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I will be looking into ending my contract tomorrow. With all of my timeshare points, I was only able to get 2 nights in a small hotel room in NYC Wyndham Midtown 45, no kitchen, not even a refrigerator. I had to get an additional room at the Hilton because 4 people could not fit comfortably in the Wyndham room.

I was still quite happy and on cloud 9 because we were going to the wedding of a fabulous young woman whom I knew and loved since she was a child. Nothing could spoil my mood or at least that is what I thought until I had this extremely unpleasant encounter. I am going to complain to every executive in Wyndham until I get an apology and instructions on how to end my relationship with Wyndham.

Let me tell you about my experience with WYNDHAM RESORT. The salesperson will promise you the world to make a sale. The wife and I with our grandkids had a place booked in Panama City, Florida, then WYNDHAM, calls and tells us he can give us a room on the beach in Destin, Florida. We prefer Destin so this was great news, well it turns out that the salesperson must be a (RETARD). We found out that we're not in Destin but in Miramar, FL down the road and the room not on the ocean. But we were told that if we are lucky enough, you may get a room where you can see the ocean. We called and of course no one that works at WYNDHAM can do anything? Except make sure you don't get your money back. ALL I CAN SAY IS IF THEY CALL HANG UP!! IT'S A SCAM!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.
  • Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.
  • Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.
  • Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.
  • Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.
  • Best for Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Compare Timeshares