Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We drove right by the hotel, it couldn't possibly be the same as the picture we were looking at online? After about 20 minutes of being 'lost', we faced the harsh reality, it was the same one. Lesson learned: don't judge the bargain by the cover. We decided to give it a shot. After all we were only visiting for one night. A quick turn and burn for business. All we needed was a comfortable bed... and blankets?

Turns out, blankets were too much to ask for. And towels. We asked for those. We really didn't need them. After spending 30 minutes trying to fix the plumbing, we gave up and went without a shower. We did eventually get the shower turned on. If only out of sheer stubbornness. It took some serious muscle. Only one electrical outlet, of many, worked. We used this to jerry-rig the central heating/air conditioner. Mostly for sound and to ensure my husband didn’t have to go ask for a blanket in the middle of the night. More on that next as to why that would have been endeavor. One of the lamps worked, for a minute. The overhead light did not.

While we laid in bed contemplating the necessity of a blanket, we researched how much this room might cost, in say July? 339 dollars. My husband is still having a fit over this, and we've told everyone we've talked to about how incredible it is that someone thinks they're getting a deal at 339 dollars. Of course, it says something that this hotel, the one unrecognizable from the internet, is the ONLY one still with vacancies for the Holiday.

Security. This was a big one for me. I'm in the military. I take classes yearly on how to protect yourself when traveling, and certain things you should pay attention to. Door locks, second story, windows. Turns out, all this doesn't really matter. If you needed to call 911, you aren't doing it from your hotel room. None of the phones worked. I mean, no rooms, in the hotel, the entire hotel, had a working phone. 2017. No phone. Of course, you could call to someone through the 3-inch gap in the bottom of the door. Our neighbor had a baby we'd surely wake up if we spoke louder than a whisper. It begs to question, if I can't use the hotel phone to call 911, does the fire safety system call the fire station?

All this aside, we understood that the hotel suffered some from Super Storm Sandy, it's apparent everywhere you go. And it’s not quite Jersey Shore season. And the hotel clerk gladly got us our towels. I'm sure she could've fixed the pipes, and maybe even given us a blanket, if we'd asked for it, as in walked outside, around the front of the building, and into the lobby to ask for one (remember the phone didn't work). And, we only paid 90 (something) dollars, with the pet fee. BUT, I warn you: do not pay 339 dollars for this room. We got what we paid for. But, you won’t even get a blanket for 339 dollars, let alone a memorable vacation experience.

Our King size mattress (our reservation was for a Queen, non-smoking, we got a King, smoking) was precariously perched on a metal Queen bed frame. Have you ever heard medal scrape on ceramic? My husband and I laughed well into the night at our luck. Not much else happened though, we were afraid to wake the neighbor's baby. We’ve both stayed in some pretty dangerous, dusty, dirty, places. Tents, Humvees, on the ground. They all seemed like enticing alternatives by morning. I am, however, giving the clerk 5 stars. Without her friendliness, we wouldn't have stayed the night and would have just eaten the 90 bucks.

I initially was pleased with my experience because I had taken a vacation to Panama City through Wyndham and had a good experience. I had another package deal but was unable to use it for 6 months out. When speaking to the customer service rep. she saw it expired on March 15th and there is no extension. I also never received free vouchers from Panama City trip that were advertised and promised for completing trip. I will not allow myself to get suckered into anything else from this company!!! So done with them!!!

I wrote to them in 2015 since then I still am not able to refinance this loan or keep up with the payments which now they are threatening to take me to court and the IRS will assess me 7500.00. As I've looked at my paperwork there is so many question to where or how my first property got assessed and what the value was when It was put on the loan.

I am writing in reference to our conversation on 01/05/2015 in which I relayed to you my disappointment with my visit to Wyndham National Harbor the weekend of July 23, 2015. This visit started as a birthday weekend but since we were down there we also went to listen to the updated products. We were there over 1 hour 1/2 in which I stated my concern about the payment and the percentage rate. The young lady was persistent about how it only made sense at which time she brought a 3rd party over to encourage us that this was the right decision. Next they stated they would leave us both alone and would be back in 15 minutes. When she returned I stated again I was uncomfortable with the payment and percentage rate and she stated "you can always take it to your credit union and refinance." I asked her several times about the refinancing and she reassured me that I could refinance at a local credit union.

Upon investigation of this matter I now understand that although it is a deeded property the only way to do this is to take a home equity line for the amount. I have researched this issue through State of Maryland (SECU), Applied Physics Lab (APLFCU) and Navy Federal all who states they do not refinance deeded properties of and timeshare or Wyndham properties. I have been with Wyndham since 2004 in which I bought property at Williamsburg and was paid in full. At no time did they say the property would be added to the sale as part of the added points. I feel I did not fully understand how adding additional points when already owning property would affect the new sale as I had just bought property in Las Vegas.

I am now finding the high payment along with the high percentage rate is really hurting me financially. I am disappointed that Wyndham has put me in this position as I have been a faithful owner since 2004 and now facing a difficult situation. I feel this was misrepresented and Wyndham should not pressure people or mislead people into thinking refinancing a deeded property is easy. In closing, I would like to continue my ownership but not at the percentage rate and payment I am now faced with. Also I understand Wyndham’s goal is give quality vacations and ownership but at what cost to the owner.

Poor customer service, salesperson rude: My husband and I attended a timeshare sales presentation in April 2017 at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Orlando, Florida. Although we were greeted warmly, the customer service stopped there. The invitation to attend was addressed to me, however my husband's name somehow appeared on the salesperson's paperwork. The salesperson greeted my husband and ignored me, he offered his hand but did not make eye contact or shake my hand. He took us upstairs and stated, "I don't normally do this but I will meet with you." Still not sure what that meant. He bypassed the video presentation and took us outside to a hot patio, it was over 90 degrees the day we attended.

He attempted to explain the timeshare program but we could tell he was quite inexperienced. He could not answer our questions related to ownership, costs, or how the program worked. After spending about an hour with him, I stated it was very hot on the patio, his reply, "We could go inside in a minute." We asked a few more questions and he said, "Are you interested or not, I want to go on to my next client". At that point we left the resort. I wouldn't say high pressure sales but definitely rude and uninformed. A waste of 2 hours. Salesperson: Michael.

I can't stress how frustrating a simple title change from my husband (who is terminally ill) to his wife is. Started in August 2016, followed first set of requirements. Paid money. Think I am finished? Oh no...now you need to follow next set of instructions - pay money. Two months later...Oh no the name of the cheque which we gave was not correct and now another requirement taking me right back to step one. Eight months and I'm back at square one. Are you kidding me. Looks like Wyndham is just trying to steal timeshares from seniors. I have always been a huge advocate for timeshares. This experience has changed my mind!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Got sucked into a presentation in Vegas in January, and ended up being sold the Discovery package for $1900... misled (intentionally) that it would be the same benefits presented for the timeshare package, but a 'one time' use of 200k points to use in a year. I was frustrated at this point because we were WAY over the "ONE HOUR ONLY" they told me upon signing me up for the presentation, and I'm certain that it is part of the ploy... keep people long, get them frustrated, and they'll sign without asking questions eventually. My fault, never again.

Upon reading the catalog a few days later, learned it was only for a select group of resorts, NONE of which I would ever vacation to, and that 200k points ("You can stay up to 20 nights!!") wouldn't even get me a WEEK at most of these (unless I went during hurricane season to some old resort somewhere). I read the fine print on the contract, I had 5 days to rescind. I immediately wrote a letter, included a copy of my contract, and sent it certified mail to the Vegas PO Box address for rescissions.

Now I've been calling weekly and told "this could take up to a month." Today I called and got a supervisor who says there is no record of receiving my letter (I have a receipt showing delivery on 2/10 to PO Box). She informed me she will 'open a case' and then let me know IF they can cancel my membership. IF??? Contract says you have 5 days after signing to rescind. That day was a Sunday. Impossible to postmark on a Sunday, so it is postmarked Monday. I will NEVER stay at a Wyndham hotel, timeshare, anything. These people are liars and crooks. I have emailed this supervisor a copy of everything I sent. I will continue fighting for my money back. What a scam.

I have asked numerous times for them to take me off of their email list. I get one email a day, everyday without fail. I will never use them for booking a reservation because I would be afraid the numerous emails I would start getting again. I need help in getting them to take my email address off. Can you suggest something else I could do besides calling them and emailing them. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks, in advance.

Club Wyndham, Orlando presentation was my worst nightmare. We were visiting Disney World at Orlando, FL this month (February 2017), me and my girl, when we were stopped by Wyndham executives saying they have some really nice offers for us. He said they are offering full Disney and Universal pass for half price but we need to attend a free presentation without compromise. They pick up us in the morning and then go for free breakfast and them they bring us to the park. We were really surprised at how can they offer it at such a low price at which we were told it's their anniversary offer. We did inquire multiple times about the terms and conditions but were given just some basic terms and made to sign on the same.

The next day we were invited for a tour and breakfast at the Orlando Wyndham property. We were made to wait for about 1 hour before an executive came and took us with him. There was some little, cheap muffins and coffee in the name of breakfast and we were really hungry. He started off and we realized they are just trying to rip us off and trying to sell their property for $45,000 or so for lifetime access and some points which made no sense at all. The salesperson was frustrated because I was not able to pay that price so he call another salesman "Carlos" and that guy insult my girl and insult me. He was very rude and call me stingy stupid, for not to do the investment and accept such an incredible offer.

We finally missed the full morning and were not picked up as promised, and we had to pay for a taxi to return to the hotel where we left the vehicle we rented. Be careful when they offer discounts for tickets to attractions in Orlando, breakfast is a lie and transportation another. I investigate about Wyndham life program and it is not good, the service is awful too.

Purchased package 12-29-14. Yes over 2 years ago package originally reserved for Daytona bike week March 2016 so this was noted on account. Tried to make reservations, told too far away must wait till closer till date. I began calling every 6 weeks trying over and over. After waiting till 1 month till bike week I paid over $700 for 2 nights. Finally 2 weeks before event was told no rooms available for bike week...

This is the reason I bought the package, called for refund, was told had something like 2 weeks from purchase date for refund and best they could do was give an extension to use package, but my package is already over a year old. I explained situation that I bought package not intended to use for 14 months from purchase and they were unable to fulfill their end of deal. After long discussion I was given an extension to use package and told to come up with a different location. So it's been almost a year and my vacation comes around again. I call to make reservations for Clearwater FL location at beginning of March. Told my package has expired and I'm out of options. $199 taken from me and runaround given. Do not use this company. They do not honor what you are told by their agents. Don't trust them. Dissatisfied customer.

Wyndham in Ann Arbor, MI was my worst hotel experience ever that doesn't seem to end. Online booking is deceptive. I booked online according to the online description. When I checked in, I was not given the room that was described and was told it did not exist. When I went back to the front desk, the receptionist was rude and condescending. I was given another room that did not have heat on a 12-degree day in Michigan. All amenities were over 20 years old and when the heater did not work, the manager even said this was an old hotel.

I had to call the manager three times: once he sent a maintenance person to try to fix the heat, the second time he came himself to try to fix it and the third time, I was given a refund and I left. A week later, I see that I was credited by the online booking party however, the hotel has charged me a fee of $75 and I will now have to contact them to find out why.

My husband and I have had a membership in a company called Trendwest which was purchased by Wyndham. After years of enjoying many locations in the western US and Mexico, we found that we were locked out of many premium locations because we didn't "invest" in more points. The cost was $10,000. We attended a sales presentation in Orlando for Wyndham Vacations and decided the additional investment in Wyndham would enhance and complement our Worldmark membership. We were Offered a Wyndham Visa which would cover our monthly maintenance fees with points. All we had to do was spend about $40 a month and our points would apply to the monthly fee. Great deal right? Not.

So We accepted the credit card. I set up a couple of small autopays on the Visa. Then I called Wyndham Visa rewards to set up using my points to pay my fees. Well, before I could use any points at all, we had to spends another $5000 to earn 10,000 points. Ok. So we put some large purchases on our Wyndham Visa. I called again. Talked to a very nice lady to set up using my points to pay my fees. She kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do that. I explained my understanding of how points were used to pay my Wyndham fees. She then read some legalese to me and asked if I wanted to use my points. Thinking we of the same mind I said "Yes."

About one month later I get a letter advising me that per my phone call all of my 10,000 points were used create a $60 credit on my Visa!!! Huh?! I gave up valuable points on my other Visa travel card for a $60 credit. I feel like a sucker. So beware of Wyndham. I haven't had a chance to use my travel points yet. But I will definitely be back with my critique. Hoping to give that review more stars.P. S. Cancelling my Wyndham Visa.

I recently received a call about winning 4 free airline tickets through Wyndham Resorts after attending an bridal expo. The call seemed shady. They kept insisting that there was NO obligation and that the tickets were ENTIRELY free. I felt like it was odd they continued to reiterate this point over and over. As everyone else here has experienced, they require in-person pickup and a 2-hour presentation of Wyndham vacation program. They want you to bring a credit card and are really interested if you make over 60k+.

Most everyone else has confirmed my suspicions about what would happen if I went to this event. Waste my time. Pressure me into spending money, etc. I ended up calling them back to see if anyone would be upfront with me, but I suppose they're trained well. Do yourself a favor. Avoid Wyndham Vacation Resorts and Wyndham Hotels. Super scammy, Feel sorry for the people who have to be the middlemen, tricking people through fake prizes.

It's so easy to get a timeshare with Club Wyndham Resorts but when you need any kinda help, they are not there for you. I've have been dealing with them for more than 4-3 months? No customer service!!!

I have previously expressed my abhorrence of the business practices of this company and the outright lies they tell people to ensnare them in their scheme. I have tried for years to get resolution with no response other than to attempt to sell me more! I am repeatedly told that I don't have enough shares to use effectively and should buy more. Why would I buy more when I can't use what I have?

Yesterday I tried to book just a couple days (figured I could at least do that) only to find I don't have ANY points available. All I've been able to find out so far is that they may have been forfeited because I didn't use them! Seriously? They won't let me use them then they take them away? And I am still charged over $300.00 a month. They don't mind taking money but they sure won't offer anything in return. This company is the true example of scam to bilk people of their hard earned money. I can't take a vacation because of the monthly expense of this company which provides me absolutely nothing in return. Stay away from them at all cost!!

We were visiting Sea World at Orlando this month with one more couple, when we were stopped by Wyndham Executives saying they have some really nice offers for us. He said they are offering a 8 Day stay at any Wyndham property of our choice only at $75. We were really surprised at how can they offer it at such a low price at which we were told it's their Anniversary offer. We did inquire multiple times about the terms and conditions but were given just some basic terms and made to sign on the same.

The next day we were invited for a tour and breakfast at the Orlando Wyndham property. We were made to wait for about 1 hour before an executive came and took us with him. There were some little muffins and coffee in the name of breakfast. He started off and we realized they are just trying to rip us off and trying to sell their property for $15,000 or so for lifetime access and some points which made no sense at all. Suddenly to our shock, their manager came up and asked us if we hold a green card. We told him that we are on work visa. He immediately said very rudely that we need to leave.

It was astonishing how people in the service industry can behave like this. When we asked him why we were not asked about our citizenship or visa the day before, he casually said the executive is at fault. My concern was not the 8 day offer or anything but the hell lot of time we wasted there. Who would make up for our precious time and money that we invested. It was humiliating to be picked up in the middle of it and made to leave. Why should we suffer for their mistakes? Isn't it the duty of their executive to ask us such questions before offering us their tours and these trips?

I purchased 2 packages from them. One for 4 days 3 nights $199 plus a 2nd package for 3 days 2 nights and I would receive a $200. American Express card and a Spend a night on us $100 coupon. Tried many times to arrange places and dates. I could not get through to them. I DID NOT want to go to Orlando. Then was told I would have to wait 6 months before I could use the 2nd package after I used the first one and attended their 120 min. sales meeting. Then was notified that things changed and I would only get a $25 credit for a rental car. Booked the 4 day package in Las Vegas... Well my 23 yr. old granddaughter was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer and had major surgery. I gave them 2 weeks cancellation notice and was told by the time I booked again all would be expired. In fact he expired it right then and there... Stay away from this company.

We attended a 2 hour high pressure presentation in June and fell for all their bogus promises. I cannot believe this company is still allowed to conduct business the way they do. They lie, mislead, basically promise you anything to get you to purchase. After you join and try to use your points, you realize how worthless your purchase is and how much you were lied to. We attended a second owner's presentation to find out how to sell our shares back, only to find out they would not refund one penny. If you are offered a presentation, please run as fast as you can.

My wife and I fell victim to Slick Willie Wyndham in just last week in Las Vegas. As we were picking up our rental car we happened to stop at a kiosk that promised us $200 in promos. This included show tickets and $200 to play the slots at the Super 8 Casino. We were too late for the presentation that day but the next day we attended the "2 hour presentation" kind of like the "three hour tour" on Gilligan's Island, only Gilligan was better organized. We had the plastic meal on the plastic plates, the rah-rah presentation, a tour of the facility, and of course the personal touch of a meeting with a "consultant" seemed to change often and gave us all kinds of facts and figures.

In the end we decided it wasn't for us, but before we could get our "gifts" we had to take a survey and at the end of the survey the rep got very creative with financing, and I think we could have gotten in really cheap on a 1 day a year timeshare. His whole demeanor changed when we didn't agree to purchase. (The more we said no, the meaner his attitude became.)

Anyway, with this two hundred dollars in slot money that could only be spent at the Super 8 Grand Casino, we went to cash the vouchers in and found that it was only "bonus cash" that could be only used in "bonus machines" which in reality was two banks of outdated slots. Once you put your voucher in you couldn't take it back out so you had to play all your points at once on the dollar machine. The only way you could get a cash payout was to win $4,000 in promotional funds and they would pay you $100. What a ripoff.

The other vouchers weren't very good either and the two hour presentation ended up being over 4 hours with nothing but pressure to buy, buy, buy. I am glad we didn't buy because if the way the presentation was handled is any indication of the way the company is run, I wouldn't be trusting of anything they said. These were some of the best dressed hawkers I have ever seen. Then we kept getting reminded of our great experience every time we walked through the hotel lobby by the same person offering us the same package over and over again.

In my opinion I feel the whole thing is a sham to separate you from your money as fast as they can. I have stayed at Wyndham hotels before and the experience has always been first class. Why this carnival is associated with them I don't know. But watch your wallets in Vegas when you see them coming.

They totally ruined the whole experience with their misrepresentations of facts. I left feeling like I needed to take a shower or something.

Club Wyndham is a RIPOFF! Do not buy anything from this company. They steal your points and then try to get you to use RCI which is another crap company! Save your money and research other vacation options! Elmer and Lauren were contacted (real names???) today and did not provide the customer service I had been provided in the past. Stay away from this ripoff company. I am selling my timeshare shortly. DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

My husband and I purchased a Wyndham timeshare in 2012 after being assured that we would be able to convert the Wyndham timeshare that he purchased in 2007 with his ex-wife to the Wyndham point system and combine the points so that we can vacation the way we want to. We followed all their instructions, hired an attorney who got the ex to sign a quit claim deed, filed the deed in Hawaii and now Wyndham refuses to update their system. They have sent our documents and the check for 299.00 back to us twice saying it lacks the full legal description. However, he and his ex originally received ownership of the Hawaii timeshare by quit claim deed from the former owner and the quit claim deed he received from his ex contains exactly the same description as his original ownership deed. The State of Hawaii recognizes him as the sole owner but not Wyndham.

Long story short, we are stuck with premium weeks that can only be used on the RCI side and Wyndham points that cannot be combined. When you call to talk to anyone about the problem they just shift you off to another number and you never get the problem resolved. So, if you own Wyndham/RCI weeks and you are looking to buy points so that you can have more flexibility in your travel - you are not going to be happy.

My husband and I attended a timeshare program the morning of October 7, 2016. But before I go too far, I need to start with the previous day's events. I'm frustrated and completely disgusted by Wyndham and this timeshare event. Signing up to attend on Wednesday, October 6, 2016 the man at the counter quite confidently and without stuttering informed me and the surrounding individuals near me that "if you're a single ** woman from Washington (I'm from Seattle) who doesn't carry American Express you cannot attend."

We had a lady whom worked for Wyndham tell us to make the most of the event by going separately so we could each collect a $150 cash card. I was already anxious and excited to attend a timeshare. Incentives are nice but are not the reason we would attend. My husband and I had talked about it for months. He wasn't wanting to attend this one, so I was excited to go for the both of us. But, that wasn't about to happen. Because as the guy stated at the counter... I couldn't attend as a single ** woman from Seattle with no American Express card. Now, I'm not sure if the word ** came out by accident or if I just got to finally witness a racist comment aloud! I immediately looked at the man, waiting for him to laugh like it was a joke but it wasn't. I then slapped my hands on the counter and shared how sexist and racist that comment was. I couldn't stop talking about the disgust I felt.

Next, the lady that told us to go separately interrupted and said that "they are actually married." But since you needed proof of our marriage... we have different last names, the individual at Wyndham wasn't going to let me attend by myself. That's **. Not a problem if my husband came. What if I was the sole breadwinner of my family. I'm threatening to file sexist/racism charges. You showed me the world has not changed and I still am being judged by my sex. I'm ashamed, humiliated and disappointed. How do you teach your employees to degrade women and get away with it?

Not once did your employees ask me what was my income. Instead, I had to get my husband involved just to get me in and he wasn't as interested at the time... I manage our finances at home... not him! My husband did not want to attend the timeshare opportunity but because of Wyndham's sexist/racist policies, he had to attend! Not for you but for me. And for what... a $150 American Express card.

So on the day of the timeshare, Friday, October 7, 2016, we were told to be there at 9:30 and would be there for a two hours presentation... 5 hours later we were able to leave. That was way too long. So when we arrived about 9:15 am, we were the first to arrive and the very last to be escorted to breakfast and then we were escorted to the conference room after being grilled repeatedly about another individual with the same last name. Nothing like being grilled by 2 different individuals and then to eat breakfast late while the guy is talking. The boss, no idea what his name was told us we would be treated extra well at the end, to make up for that morning's errors. While others came and went we were still there. I appreciate the time and was really intrigued. I was immediately turned off by questions and being stared at like we were doing something wrong!

Wyndham questioned my ability to participate alone based in my gender and zip code, wasted 3 extra hours of our time and for what? I'm completely disgusted and we will have a hard time recommending Wyndham to family and friends. I look forward to my husband and I purchasing a timeshare... but not from you!

UPDATE: Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Phone call from Wyndham. Wanted to know what they could do to make it up to me. I said free hotel stay. I was told, he could not do that and asked if there was anything else he could do. I cannot promise I will be quiet on any social media sites. When asked if I'd like another $150 American Express Card, I said sure. But, I wasn't done... I think he thought we were. You cannot pay me $150 and think all is good. Never will I discuss business/complaint while at doctor's office.

Checked in. Found two Industrial Blowers running in the room. Smelled like wet dog or someone had thrown up. Management would not return 3 phone calls. Maintenance showed up and tried to mask the odor with spray so heavy it was hard to breathe. Poor Place to stay - overpriced, no parking, not customer friendly.

Dirty cabin, broken drawers in the refrigerator, beds coming apart, threshold at the back door is rotted, the cabinet in the kitchen fell and dishes came out and broke in pieces when no one was around which was a huge blessing. The pool area is musty/moldy smell! There are roaches all over!!! The arcade game didn't work. The list goes on! We found out from neighbors that the owner doesn't care and doesn't even want to know!

My husband and I just returned from Las Vegas where we had the unfortunate experience of attending one of these time share presentations. We had just checked into the hotel and were on our way to the elevator when a young man who we assumed was a hotel employee, chased us down, wanting to know if we had received our "welcome package". He then proceeded to take us to a desk where another young man, very personable and a fast talker, asked us what shows we wanted to see and what else did we want to do in Vegas. He invited us to breakfast the next morning to listen to a talk about a new resort that we might want to stay at another time.

At this point, I suspected it was a time share, having attended one in Mexico years ago. The young man overheard me say this to my husband and quickly assured me it was not. They only wanted us to listen to a 90 minute presentation and show us the resort. He then sweetened the pot with a couple of other "free" gifts. Total time was to be 2 hours. The next morning we were taken to another hotel to a back room where we were served cold eggs and greasy bacon on plastic plates with plastic cutlery. From there we were taken to another room to hear the presentation, but only after we used the restroom or got coffee as we were not allowed to leave the presentation.

Another fast talking man who was very slick went through the spiel about how we deserved a high end vacation, unlike the other poor slobs wandering the streets of Vegas, dragging their luggage behind them. He shared with us the fact that he had previously been a lawyer in New York, rather suspicious as to why he left that to hawk time shares. When he was finished, we were re-assigned to our person who sat with us at breakfast. This young man escorted us to the resort, which was quite lovely, and then back to the hotel for the hard sell.

Although we made it clear to him that we were not in a position to buy due to other commitments, he badgered and berated us until we said we were leaving as we had fulfilled our part of the bargain and then some by spending a entire morning there. His veneer of pleasantry disappeared and he became quite nasty. He then brought over a big fat Texan in a fake white buckskin jacket who had a new price list for us that was the cheapie version of what we'd been given earlier. At this point we were so disgusted that we stood up, said we were going and demanded our "gifts". We did get them and used every last one. But it was a high price to pay. Avoid these people. They are liars and scammers.

I'm shock to see all the bad reviews! I've been an owner for 5 years now and I've been pretty much all over the world with my family in spacious accommodations. It was definitely a long hard sales process but I have to admit it made financial sense when it comes to traveling esp abroad. The maintenance is billed to my credit card monthly. We are not rich but we work just like everyone else to provide the best for our 3 kids. They only have one childhood!

This has happened twice now. Wyndham hotels made duplicate reservations for the same dates. I canceled online but the hotel, itself, Ramada, did not cancel it. In fact, they had a hard time finding my reservation number based on the online confirmation number I was given. Their confirmation number is completely different than what I received via email. I was charged for one night for a reservation that I canceled but they say was not canceled.

The second time I made a reservation and canceled it, I decided to call the hotel directly after I canceled it online and the hotel clerk said that there was a duplicate reservation as well but that both had been canceled. I asked why there was a duplicate reservation and she said that it is due to the fact that Wyndham Hotels uses a different system for online bookings than what their subsidiary hotels use so at times the systems don't match up! Her suggestion was to call the hotel directly whenever making cancellations. Really? Well then that is something that the consumer should be made aware of. I wonder how many people have been charged for a one night penalty fee when they were told they didn't cancel their reservation when in fact they did? Seems like the makings of a class action suit.

My wife and I attended a presentation to join a membership type of affordable and cheap holiday accommodations that would save us a lot of money compared to our current situation based on their tailored holiday assessment they did on us. At NO point at the presentation we were told that we were signing a Financial Contract/Agreement/Mortgage, buying something or that we were obtaining any finance. We were tricked in believing we were joining a membership with great benefits which you can withdraw from if you change your mind as a common practice in Australia. They presented some figures showing us that financially we would save thousands of dollars by joining their club.

They also convinced us that should our lifestyle change we can easily withdraw from the membership by transferring it to another new or an existing member even with a profit as its value apparently constantly grows. Only at the very end they shocked us with a figure that this membership actually cost money and further convincing us not to worry. At this point hungry and exhausted we started to be nervous and suspicious but it was too late to leave as they wouldn't stop pressing. It seems that the whole purpose of this exhaustion was to have us our brains stop working.

We were running late after exhausting 6 hours everything was rushed as they wanted to get us signed as soon as possible. We told them we were in a hurry and we only had 10 min to spare as they promised it would not take long (to hook us up in this global scam schema that to this day we can't get rid of causing us further damages). We paid a deposit and were told we can paid the remainder in full or by installments. As we were running out of time we decided to sign in but cool-off in the next few days, which we did, or we believed we did.

After doing a quick research preceding our decision to exercise the cooling off right we learned that purchasing into the Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Ltd membership is a Scam Schema, a believe I base on the following findings which match the Australian ASIC Scam guidelines: None of our requirements from their assessment were possible except going different places, an option which was only on our wish list and probably only possible when you retire and have no other things to worry or do in life. And even this was only possible if you were to book at least nine months in advance, based on a very limited availability (especially in a peak season) at a premium price allowing you to stay only few days which restricting you to one very expensive holiday in a year.

They have been offering false promises that we would save significant amounts of money compared to what we would otherwise paid holidaying on our own giving us some example of over $100K saving over 10 year period. After checking out some available locations we found they were ridiculous expensive - promised savings that would never eventuate. We found that the Vacation Credit's market value was 10 times lower than they have presented it to us and they are impossible to resell or to organise a membership transfer contrary to what they have been promising.

After doing some search enquiries we found that there are no rooms available on any location we would possibly be interested in the times we would like, few locations that we were interested in were not available in their catalogue and that there was absolutely nothing in Australia at all or Europe, our preferred destinations. We also found out that there is simply nothing available on their booking website, as any search we did was returning nothing available. On the Presentation when we asked them to show us how to make a booking they showed us some false figures but failed to login to their system due to some technical difficulties.

After reflecting how the presentation went we realised that: The membership application (agreement) was unjust, misleading and deceptive; The application (agreement) did not have provision nor was communicated to us whether we have received independent legal advice or other expert advice; The application (agreement) fine print details were not explained to us; Undue influence, unfair tactics and pressure were used on us; The credit/finance provider (Finance by Wyndham) did not take measures to make sure we understood the nature and implications of the transaction; The credit/finance provider (Finance by Wyndham) would have known and could have reasonably ascertained by reasonable inquiry at that time that we were not able to repay the loan, or could not pay it without substantial hardship.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts representatives and administrators behaviour at the presentation and when signing the application have been misleading, deceptive, ambiguous, confusing and false, at moments particularly harsh and oppressive being excessive and intense in nature, using unfair practices and harassment tactics that were intimidating and exhausting. We have been pressured to sign an application (agreement) on the spot without fully understanding or reading the documents presented to us, we have been misinformed presented with false information, and we have not been given the important (binding) information.

We thought we have exercised our right to change our mind by sending the cooling off notice to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific within the required 7 day period and by calling the Wyndham Representative and telling him we have changed our mind, we were not proceeding and we were cooling-off. The same has been expressed to Wyndham Customer Care representative. After more than 12 months we are still trying to recover our deposit, clear the defaulted/outstanding payment of $20K from our Credit Rating File (as thanks god we didn't make any further payments) and remove us from their mailing lists as they still refuse to acknowledge the cooling-off right.

Although we have not used or exercised any benefits, products or services or whatsoever, from Finance by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Ltd , WorldMark South Pacific Club, RCI or GrabIt by Wyndham, etc. to this day they still refuse to accept and honour our cooling-off right, still demanding to pay them their membership, refusing to return our deposit, and reporting a default payment on our credit file to VEDA a leading provider of credit information in Australia.

Their latest letter states that since we have not used our 8000 points (I believe we actually received 16000 on the presentation day plus some bonus (read worthless) cheap cruise tickets) in 12 months they had to sell them for 10 times less their original value and are still asking for the $20K difference to cover their loses?! If you are from Australia please report them to ASIC and ACCC to enlist them as a SCAM company. Very simple online forms. They need more complaints to be able to proceed.

About 20 years I was a member from FAIRSFIELD, then move to WYNDHAM. I owed a week vacation and paid off all 10 years ago. Did not owed anything, paid 50 maint fee on monthly basis. But after they offered me to add more rooms and added more fees, they confused me by offering me other unnecessary items, but make me pay double.

I discussed in a few years later about 3 years, they offered me a change and apparently I should be saving more in paying maintenance, but instead I started paying triple on everything. They don't explain the real thing, but push me on buying their products and even I explain I cannot afford. They make it possible for me to be accepted, but for my surprised after paying cash with a credit card and signed all their paperwork I found out later I owed like closed to 40,000 for 3 rooms and a week, and the maintenance is more than 200 per month how can? I have to pay almost 1300 every month for a timeshare?

Because they added another loan and they told me will be one, and I will be paying less in maintenance in comparison to my previous monthly fees, but that was a lie. I am doing my best in paying but is unfair why they lie to me and when I call to complain they keep transfer the call and they say will call me back, but never call me. They just ignored me, but as soon as I am late of days to make their payment they send me a threat later as COLLECTION not even a few days I received the threat.

It is almost a year, and still owed the same, why? Because they added without telling me about 19% interest on top of that, so that nothing will cost me over 100,000 in a few years. Please help me on this. I really feel this is a fraud! I am not alone. There is a company thank knows everything about his and I never call them and this company keeps calling me asking me to representing me and make them pay me back or cancel the agreement without me having any more to deal with them. They want to charged me 6,000 for that process. How can I do that is too much as well.

Please help me on this bad influence. WYNDHAM is not good. They promise good service and future accommodation but is not true. Whenever I want to use my points is never available the date I want but the date they want. Because they sell my timeshare rooms to external customers so they make more free money unbelievable. When I want to use points overseas I have to pay like 500 per that process and extra money to the hotels on fees. So I realized by saving $250 for maintenance, and $1300 monthly payments for 30 years I could just go to a luxury hotel and will be quickly available.

It is a rip off and they should be paying me back all the fees illegally they promise me wasn't true. Also, to convince me they offered me 2 weeks vacation wherever I want. They even write on the contract document, but when after months I called to book a place, they told me it doesn't exist because they should have give me a certificate with a number, but I never got that so was a lie again. When I called for the person who sold me all that deals, they are gone, either they no longer work or they moved to another state. So I just get upset, frustrated and feel they should pay back my frustration, my money back and they should be in audit asap before they get more victims. Thank you please help me.

First of all, money money money $$$. The asking price was $100,749.00 for so many points - outrageous at any cost. I was shocked at the audacity of anybody actually asking such an amount of money for buying air and time - they confuse and camouflage the reality using thousands for the point system so no one really knows/understands what they are paying for what. The promised 90 minutes can easily turn into hours more if you let it - a kind but firm no is all you need and maybe telling them to stop the **.

The agent I got immediately went into overdrive and called the hard sell guys when I first talked to him. I saw the paper with the cost and told them that they are crazy to present such a cost to buy timeshare - I already knew about the maintenance and housekeeping costs that are then added in to it all. This is definitely hard sell so if you make it a game and look at your watch and say ''Ok the 90 minutes are up, I'm done, give me the gift you promised for my 90 minutes," you can get out of there with the gift you earned.

Can't believe anybody actually falls for this scam of selling super expensive timeshare that also carried maintenance etc. We own a vacation club, Vacation Village Voyages, $189.00 a year for 6 weeks of resort vacation, no other fees except the confirmation cost. It's not bad and I have had 5 weeks so far this year. Last year I used a week in Costa Rica for $299.00 in a 3 br., 3 bath, 2 story, fully furnished condo with security and a cold pool right in the capital city. I used several weeks there. Timeshare is totally a RIP OFF. We had 6 weeks in years past but I just stopped paying and eventually they went away. It's not against the law not to pay your bill.

Review of Baymont Inn in Peoria, Illinois. The front desk personnel A-PLUS in customer service. Heather, Jennifer, Katie, Pretiae, Tierney & Greg are an ASSET to this motel. Maintenance Ramon & Allen tried to fix the phone in room, they both were courteous & prompt in resolving the issue of the phone. Housekeeping ---A-PLUS. The linens were spotless--no stains on sheets & towels. All the housekeeping staff were exceptionally courteous & efficient!!! Excellent breakfast. I rate this motel 5-Star.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.
  • Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.
  • Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.
  • Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.
  • Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.
  • Best for Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Compare Timeshares