2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The Wyndham Rewards cards - especially the new iterations - are superb for Wyndham Resorts and hotels, and WorldMark time share owners. Purchases and fees for these organizations can be greatly offset (even completely!) by using these cards within their systems. (They are good for use elsewhere, but other rewards cards may be better for use outside of the Wyndham Resorts, hotels, and WorldMark time shares.) We use our card for all recurring maintenance fees, reservation fees, and housekeeping fees. The rewards given are very high (x4 to x6 for all costs). And, except for to very top tier card, they are free of any annual fees. Also, the Barclay's Bank processing is clear and accurate and their online app is very easy to use.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Hotels are always clean in or out of the room...The staff is second to none..Never had any problems during the past 5 years...The food is great and the locations are very good in the states and cities we have traveled.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I am a happy owner for more than 10 years. I also own a number of other timeshares. I love every thing about Wyndham, except their sales personnel, the worst in the business. They start with #1 a gentleman or lady, Then comes #2 high pressure and usually unpleasant. Finally #3 tries lower the anger and tells you last time you upgraded, the info was wrong. It's the same every time. CEOs change but the sales pitch does not.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have had the exact same experience as Nainan of Lutz, FL. To date I have not been able to book a getaway because of Covid and Wyndham is not willing to give me a refund. When I tried to book I found out that I would be staying in a hotel and not a resort and would not have access to the resort at all which is very disappointing. They should make that clear from the start. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they said no one was available to help me. I guess I will chalk this up to a lesson learned but I want everyone else to be aware and steer clear. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Purchasing this has been the worst mistake of my life and getting out of it isn’t going to be easy. I’ve had nothing but problems since signing up with Wyndham. I’ve not once been able to book anything close to what I want to book or when I want to book. They high pressure sell you on more points at every turn. The bonus week RCI vouchers are an absolute joke! And you earn “Wyndham reward points” to get a free weekend out of a Super 8 or Days inn!

I’ve spoken with Wyndham multiple times to book and then multiple more times because of the inability to actually book anything I want. The websites are difficult to use. The customer service terrible. No one actually listens or helps you in any way really. This place has put me in tears too many times to count. I’ve had 2 occasions in the last month that I’ve been contacted by Wyndham, acting as though they were concerned and wanted to make sure I was getting what I need from my ownership! I told them all from the beginning I was unhappy with my my ownership, with Wyndham, and I DO NOT want to pay a dime more for the crap service I’ve gotten so far.

Not a single person, phone or in person, has bothered to fully hear me out, address any issues, or help me actually book a vacation of value! I’ve told them upfront I didn’t want to pay a dime more since I’m already so unhappy with anything I’ve done with them so far, they have been a cause of grief through an already trying year, and I am completely dissatisfied with Wyndham as a whole! They all continued to try to sell me anyways, no matter how firm I was, and when I finally get frustrated and start crying or yelling, they tell me then maybe a timeshare isn’t for me! But not any assistance or apology of any kind.

When I ask for a manager, supervisor or anyone that can do more, I’m then directed to their customer care line...where you sit on hold and have yet another person tell you how wrong you are and how great Wyndham is and again offer no assistance of any kind. I’ve hung up on this company more times than I ever have in my life! Everyone talks in circles and never ever addresses anything you actually need! And getting out of a timeshare is extremely difficult it seems, so of course that threat means nothing to them! I guess the only way to get any customer service is to double your monthly payment for vacations you can’t even take, to people that only care about your wallet! Worst Mistake Ever!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We have been lied to about every detail regarding timeshare, and recently we were told our account would be canceled as a result of their negligence. After six months of not hearing from Wyndham we received an email that the account had been reinstated. We did not ask for this to be reinstated. And once again they lied to us about details regarding the account, We will not pay a company that cannot complete the task they are obligated to do. Wyndham is a horrible company and we will be seeking a full refund after this stunt.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Was just told by the Club Wyndham people that Canadians can no longer rent out extra points on the Extra Vacations plan. This was a "modification" of the agreement I was told. This is not a modification, this is a cancellation. When we purchased the extra points in Vegas we told the person we did not use all of our points at that time. They told us no problem, we could rent them out. So we agreed.

Now with Covid they don't help out Canadians that can't travel, in fact they rub our noses in it by sending us great places to go visit in the States and elsewhere. We lose our points because we can't use them and then when we try to rent them out they tell us that program is cancelled. So now we are paying maintenance fees on a place we can't get to and we paid a high initial amount to "upgrade" because of a program we can no longer use. Wyndham's suggestion for us, sign over the contract to them and we don't have to pay anymore. Thanks a lot. We paid a lot to begin with and then faithfully paid fees for years only to have them say they will basically give us nothing in return.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

We became involved with Hilton Grand Vacations when we received an offer for a 3-night stay in Las Vegas if we attended a two-hour presentation during our stay. Upon arrival, we first discovered that the Hilton Grand Vacations hotel where we were staying was far from the strip and had no casino of its own. We arrived at the presentation where they began by telling us about all the money that we would save as owners and all the locations that we could visit. We were told that this would be a tax deduction and would be a property that we could sell or even loan out to friends and family. After several hours of intense sales pressure and meeting with countless reps, we finally gave in. However, we started receiving bills a few months later for fees that were never disclosed to us. How is this customer service?

When we tried to book rooms for some family members, we learned that there was only a difference of $16 between what we would pay as owners and what we would pay as the general public. What exactly are we paying for? Plus, we continually get charged with a myriad of different fees! There is even a fee to allow your family member to use your membership! To make matters worse, we learned that we cannot actually claim this on our taxes. Avoid this company!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Houston Ice storm booked online showed up at the hotel no power, did not even get out of the car and they still ran my card. Online said they would not run your card until at the hotel but that a bunch of **

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information