1.10/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

786 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

There's a lot of negative reviews about this company. But since I became a silver owner with club Wyndham access in 2014, we have been on several vacations and had no problems booking anything except Ocean City, Maryland lol. I have 435,000 points and was able to book vacations (14 different ones and two more coming up) for family and friends. From 1 bedroom to presidential suites. Midtown Manhattan to the US Virgin Islands. Yes the sale representatives are pushy and annoying so I avoid their "breakfast or lunch" meetings. And YES it is expensive so I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone to become a member unless they can afford it. But I think depending on your membership level you might have more difficulties with bookings. My level allows bookings 13 to 10 months prior so if your booking window is less, that's probably where the problem occurs.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Wow, there are a lot of negative reports here. I haven't really had any issues with Wyndham. It is more expensive than other time shares, but you're not committed to the same two weeks and a specific month each year. You do have to make your reservations several months ahead for the more popular vacation spots, but they tell you that going in. I've dealt with Justin ** in Williamsburg, VA as well as others there and they were all very nice and professional. And I get called once in a while from Alex in Las Vegas asking me if I have any questions or if there is anything they can do for me.

While a bit pricey - depending on how many points you buy - we've stayed in some pretty nice places. We stayed at Bonnet Creek (Disney World) and it was very clean and the property well kept. My daughter (who is actually my partner) stayed in a Presidential Suite with some of her girlfriends in Atlanta and were blown away by the room. This coming Fall we'll be staying at a property in Seviereville, TN and I've looked up that property and it looks awesome! I love the fact that it will pass down to my daughter when I'm gone; so many companies don't do that.

I don't really think it's more high pressure than any other company that wants to sell you something. There is a monthly maintenance fee (based on how many points you have) that's similar to an HOA fee when you buy a home. But that's to help with the upkeep of the properties so I get that. You actually get a deed when you buy into Wyndham. I can't speak to selling my points, because I don't plan to sell them, I plan on passing them down to my daughter. And once the points are paid off, really, all you have left is the Maintenance Fee. It's like buying a house or a car, but you can go all over the world!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The room needs overhaul like painting and improving the bathroom. Other than that I enjoy my stay and the staff are friendly. The hotel is clean and will recommend to others needing low quality at better price.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I purchased a Wyndham Discovery Vacation Timeshare. It's a two year contract where I use 20,000 points to tryout their resorts. Sounded good at about $140.00 per month. Yes interest at 12.99%. No mention that wasn't included in the monthly payments. They use tactics similar to sleight of hand to point out (in contract) the good points intentionally directing your attention from the contract. Anyhow, was miserable the moment I left. Was on a vacation road trip so didn't read it all until I got home. Missed the cancellation deadline.

I paid it off immediately through the Comenity Capital Bank only using the one time user sign on. THANK GOD I DID. Got a statement from this bank and interest rate was 19.99%. Over $1700 in interest had I made the monthly installments. I do have the original Contract to prove it. Also not to mentioned and with their sleight of hand found out later I am required to attend Wyndham 1 1/2hr presentations at each place I stay. So my heart goes out to all of those that purchase anything from these crooks. Especially those that go for the lifetime memberships. Wish someone could shut them down.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The sign-up experience with this timeshare should have been an indicator of the rest of my experience since purchasing. They essentially hold you hostage until you agree to sign the contract, and then they disappear. Terrible service all-together. We have lost well over $20,000 and have multiple instances where our points have been "thrown away" even though we were told they would roll over until the next year. They say once you own, all vacations would be free. TOTAL LIE! You're responsible for taxes, gratuities, port fees, etc. This is in addition to outrageous loan payment as well as an ever-increasing maintenance fee. This was the biggest mistake we've ever made in our lives. It's hard to comprehend how a company is able to operate the way Wyndham does. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Everything they tell you is a blatant lie!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

August of 2017, we attended what was supposed to be a 90-minute information session with a complimentary breakfast. In order to receive free tickets, we had to attend. This presentation was so long we ended up eating dinner there. Everyone else had already left. The salesperson proceeded to tell us that we could travel wherever we please. He told us we could ALWAYS vacation anywhere we please along with a two-bedroom suite! I also stated that we wanted to only stay in high security resorts with Wyndham. He GUARANTEED that we would be provided this.

Also, during the sales presentation, we were told we could cancel it at any time, because that’s what makes them different from the old timeshares. We went to this session at the the beginning of our 8-day trip. Therefore, by the time we got home and looked into our timeshare and saw how we couldn’t get anything we were promised, I tried calling to cancel. I was then told that I was told we had a 10-day rescission period, which wasn't true. We were told we could cancel at any time. We want out of this disaster of a company! We will never use Wyndham.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

On 3/28/2019 ** a representative of Club Wyndham sent us to Bonnet Creek, 9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830, and his phone number is ** where we met a representative of Club Wyndham name **. He gave us a detailed tour of the rooms and facilities. He further went on to explain to my wife and I how owning Wyndham property is different from owning a timeshare and explained the advantages. He then took us to an area where we were seated and ** began to present to us various prices and Wyndham points system. After listening to the many offers we decided we could not afford the offers. After learning that we were not interested **’s attitude towards us noticeably changed, he was not as friendly as when we first met and he started making smug remarks.

** then left and came back with ** representative number: ** who introduced himself as being the person in charge of making sure the Club Wyndham representatives, such as ** and others, did their jobs correctly. Since, we could not afford to purchase Wyndham property, ** offered an alternative. ** said “I can offer you 300,000 points for $2,922.36 in which you will have 2 years to use and 6 months to pay off before incurring interest by applying for and using a Vacation Club Credit Account.” We were approved for the payment method and the $2,922.36 was charged. ** further explained that if we used any of the 300,000 points we would have to complete the payment but, if we did NOT use any of the 300,000 points and decided to cancel within the 2 years period, we would be able to get a full refund of what we had already paid so far.

After learning from ** that they were at no risk and we can cancel within the 2 years period we proceeded. We made sure we asked ** a couple more times about the cancellation policy before making our final decision to purchase the 300,000 points NOT property. He brought out pages of the contract that required our initials and signatures NOT the entire contract. ** then brought us copies of the Membership agreement which were 2 pages long and the term and condition that was also 2 pages long in a Club Wyndham bag and then we all left.

On 7/23/19 my wife called ** inquiring about the 300,000 points and how to go about canceling the purchase. He told her he does not know about the 300,000 points; he was only the recruiter and NOT a Club Wyndham representative/salesman. ** told my wife she should call Club Wyndham to find out about any issues/cancellations we may need to do. She then called Club Wyndham customer service on 7/23/19 to see if we can stop further payments, cancel the offer and get our money back. She was told by Club Wyndham customer service if you wanted to cancel even after all payments were made we will still NOT get the money back. She then told Club Wyndham customer service that ** said if we did NOT use the 300,000 points and we had made a few payments that we were able to cancel and get back the money we paid so far.

She told Club Wyndham customer service that ** never mentioned to us that we will never get our money back should we decide to cancel. She then said our understanding based on the conversation with ** was that we have 2 years in which to use the 300,000 points, if we did NOT, we would get all our money back which we had already paid. We believed ** when he said that we have 2 years to use the 300,000 points and we trusted him since he represents Wyndham. My wife was then transferred to **, a representative from Wyndham Vacation Clubs, ** title Owner Care Specialist from 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821, office: 800-251-8736, fax: 407-626-6328 ** case #**, she told him about the 3/28/19 meeting at Club Wyndham, Bonnet Creek and we sent him an email on 6/23/19 which he requested about our encounter with Mr. **.

After learning from customer service that we would not be refunded like we were told by ** we decided to call the Vacation Club Credit Account Company on 7/23/19. We spoke to Keiva ID# **. We related to her exactly what we were told by ** a representative of Club Wyndham, Bonnet Creek Orlando, FL. She then told us that this is not uncommon for customers wanting to cancel their purchase after a few MONTHS but, the Vacation club Credit Account Company will have to get permission from Club Wyndham to issue us a refund.

On 6/23/19 my wife sent an email to ** about our conversation with Keiva, from the Vacation Club Credit Account Company and the details of our meeting at Bonnet Creek in Florida. Then on 6/30/19, seven (7) days later, ** responded to say thanks for sending the statement about our 3/28/19 meeting at the Bonnet Creek location in Orlando FL and the credit account company. On 6/30/19 my wife sent a follow up email inquiring what the status of our case is and what the next step(s) would be. ** did not respond. On 6/30/19 my wife sent him another email to check the status of our case and to ask why is this process taking so long, even simply responding as to what is the status of our case, he never responded.

Again, on 8/1/19 my wife sent him an email to check the status of our case, giving Club Wyndham a chance to fix this misrepresentation and misinformation by their representative to proceed with our request to cancel. Again, he did not respond. Then on 8/2/19 ** responded by saying he was confused with the info we sent in my emails.

On 8/2/19 my wife requested for him to call her if he needs any further information or clarification about what transpired in our meeting with the Club Wyndham representative in Orlando, Florida to be explained over the phone. He never called. On 8/4/19 my wife told him via e-mail that this was taking an emotional toll on us and we really want to know what the status of our case is, again, he did not responded. At this point it is as though they are delaying, dragging their feet and prolonging the matter. On 8/5/19 my wife sent him another email to call her, he did not responded. On 8/6/19 my wife sent ** an email asking him why he has not called; he then called as soon as she sent that email.

During the phone call, ** said the conversation was being recorded. He told my wife it was just our word and it was not documented and that Wyndham will NOT refund our money. She then told ** she noticed the “Perks by Club Wyndham Membership Agreement” was NOT signed by the Wyndham representative/sponsor and under the first paragraph of the document with heading “Club Wyndham Discovery Vacations by Wyndham Membership Terms and Conditions” it states that “The agreement, when signed by the Member and a Perks by Wyndham representative, will form a legally binding contract between the Member and Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.” Furthermore, on the same document, item/term number seven (7) “Effective Date and Activation” states that “This Agreement becomes effective when it is signed by the Member and the Sponsor’s Perks by Club Wyndham Representative.”

The documents given to us were never signed by the Wyndham sponsor/representative, **. Hence, that makes the contract voidable, as stated in the contract itself. ** then told my wife to read off the membership agreement to him, she did and he said on the membership agreement he has in front of him it does not correspond with what I read. We have a 2 page membership agreement and the 2 page terms and consideration. ** then told us it is not a 2 page membership agreement and it consists of several pages and ** did sign those that he has. She then proceeded to inquire from **, as to why we never saw any ** signature pages on Membership Agreement and we never received those pages with his signature on the Membership Agreement in any form. ** said he will send it to us.

On 8/9/19 my wife sent ** an email to confirm whether or not the signature pages agreement were sent to us, ** did not responded to that email. On 08/10/19 she then sent him another email informing ** that we had not received the Membership Agreement which had the signature pages. So, she sent another email to ** and made a 2nd request for the signed Membership Agreement to be sent to us. It has been 3 days and we have NOT received a copy of the agreement. We finally received the signed agreement on 8/12/19 which was signed by ** and we never received a copy of that final agreement from 3/28/19 that came today 08/12/19, neither by postage or email.

Only after we posted a review on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) then the agreement was mailed to us on 8/9/19. On 8/12/19 **, Owner Care Senior Case Specialist, Club Wyndham 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, Fl 32821, office: 1(800)-446-1466 ext **, fax: (407) 626-6328 ** (this call was being recorded) called to say that ** finished up signing the agreement on 3/28/19 later and NOT in our presence. So, now ** has taken over the case and said it will take another two (2) weeks or more before she can actually give us a definitive answer and during our conversation, to my understanding, she will basically be doing the same things ** did. It is extremely frustrating and emotionally stressful on us to have to go through this.

So, here we have a case whereby Club Wyndham has received all of its money from the Credit Account Company with the six (6) months no interest with payment plan and which we have to continue paying while they conduct an investigation. In the meantime there is no indication whether or not we will be refunded. We are stuck with an incomplete contract that’s missing Club Wyndham representative signatures in a classic case of us against them. Club Wyndham is not interested in the documents we have, only the ones they have, because it favors them. The representatives of Club Wyndham are like vultures when they are trying to sell customers these vacation packages.

What is even worse is that, should a customer decide not to buy their vacation packages they become overly aggressive, insulting and make offensive remarks towards the customers. It is as though the customers owe them and not the other way around. At the end of the day, customers are the most important part of any business for it to be successful. Most of the time business and organizations tend to lose sight of that and forget who is truly responsible for their profits they enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to read about our experience at Club Wyndham Orlando Florida. Please be aware of their recruiters at popular sites such as the giant Ferris Wheel and Aquarium and where there are posted signs that reads first time visitors.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

They promise you the world. It sounds so good and once they sign you up you get nothing. I tried to book a vacation 6 months in advance to Florida and they said, "No vacancies. Try somewhere else." All they do is keep calling you to buy more shares. Any way to get more money from you, that is all they care about. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Don't ever, ever, ever buy a timeshare from Wyndham Resorts. Their salespeople, down to their customer service representatives lie and mislead you. They tell you half-truths and are very BIG liars. I can't tell you how many of their salespeople have looked me right in the eyes and lied to me. Don't ever go to one of their sales pitches. The devil is alive and real.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH KAISER REALTY/WYNDHAM. We booked a vacation on Orange Beach through Wyndham Vacations and Kaiser Realty. Our stay was at Sunset Bungalow on Mariner circle on (across the street) from Orange Beach. We paid $3500 for the week July 13-July 20. 5 bedroom 3 bath home not directly on the beach but we knew that. There were 10 of us staying there. When we first arrived we went to the Kaiser office to pick up the keys and were told that we wouldn’t get them for a while because the previous tenants had left it a mess and they wanted to make sure it was really clean for us. We got the keys and when we pulled up we were excited about the house. Looked nice in a nice gated community.

However, as we went through inspecting things here is what we found. The refrigerator smelled like dead seafood. It took 2 scrubbings with Pine Sol and leaving the doors open to dry out to half way get the smell out. We always check the beds wherever we stay. The first comforter pulled back had a big spot of blood on it. GROSS!! There was also blood on the bedroom closet walls. Disgusting. The next room we walked into had paper trash on the floor next in front of the night stand along with a dirty towel. There was sand in the bed so it was obvious the sheets had not been changed. The pillow cases were stained with makeup. We stripped all the beds and washed the linens. The next morning we went to sit out on the deck and 3 of the rockers were broken but set up so you couldn’t tell until you sat in them.

There was a bucket of nasty cigarette butts sitting by the front door. None of us smoke. The decor (pictures etc.) were disgustingly dirty. The rugs in both bathrooms were just trashed, old stained and worn out. The carpet in the master was stained and dirty. My feet were black after walking around for about an hour. The communication with Kaiser and Wyndham was awful. We made our first call and email Saturday evening and no response until Monday afternoon. No one would return my call or emails so I called the listing agent who had the property for sale to try to find a contact. (Kaiser Realty asked to let them show the property on the first day we were there. NO way were we going to drag our whole family away in the middle of the afternoon).

I haven’t even gotten to the run around I got from Kaiser or any of the people at their office about getting a Wyndham representative from corporate. They kept giving people in their office. I finally spoke to the rudest individual in customer service Tammy **. She was so nasty I put her on speaker for those with me to hear. Well I could go on and on and on. My husband and I used to travel a lot. I am disabled and my husband is retired and we aren’t wealthy people. This was our first family vacation with our grandchildren and children. It took a year to save for it only to be disappointed that this was our experience.

I was told I would be refunded the cleaning and linen fee. (Patti offered to send someone over on Monday to clean, I told her we had already cleaned even pulled the refrigerator out and cleaned under it to make sure there wasn’t anything living under it. I was not satisfied with being told basically too bad that’s our policy. I was told I’d be refunded $97 plus tax on July 18 by Patti ** (sp?) from the cleaning company. She said it would take 5-10 days. Well yesterday was the eleventh day so I emailed her and she said there was a paper I had to sign and they would send it to me. I told her I was confused because she told me she requested the refund on July 18.

She wrote back and said the refund would be coming today from Marshia **. Only after I told her I was expecting a return call back from Wyndham customer care did I get the money put directly in my acct. One other issue was I talked to Kimmie ** in customer relations who was very very nice and took all the info and said she would forward it to the upper managerment. On Thursday and someone would contact me and if I didn’t hear anything by Monday to call her back. I called Monday and she was off. I left a message with a representative for her to call me along with my email address. When I didn’t hear back from her by 7 pm Tuesday I called her and she said she was sorry no one contacted me about this and she would take the appropriate steps to make sure this is resolved.

She contacted someone named Ann with Kaiser and gave her all the information. I did not hear anything from “Anne.” She contacted Kimi back about the situation basically saying they refunded the cleaning fee. Yes I got 107 back from them but that does not compensate me and my family for all the work, frustration and we did not get what we paid for. I think I should be refunded the first night rent. Because we stayed up cleaning until midnight. I am attaching pictures of the house as we found it.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information