1.1/5 (83 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Desk staff was great. The roaches, shower mold, large discolored mystery brown stains on the bed sheets, not so much. I wanted to at least shower and have a nap. After seeing the gross bed stains in a bed with supposedly laundered & clean sheets, then made up and left for the next guest, I was out of there. I have pictures of everything and showed them to front desk clerk when I checked out - shortly after arriving. Front desk clerks (both that I dealt with, checking in and out) could not have been more friendly. One additional note- guests with noisy dogs. I can't imagine trying to even nap with the dogs barking. Not just little yap, yaps. The dogs I did not see but consistently heard, didn't sound like small dogs at all.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Confirmed BED BUG bites! Housekeeping kept turning on A/C when we obviously had it turned off. We finally hid the remote for it. Took 2 days and 5 requests to get an additional pillow. Sheets not changed daily.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I just bought this timeshare in August 2022 and I regret it. Has anyone successfully exited this program? I’ve tried to use it and I have to pay a $219 transfer fee if I want to use it somewhere than the home location. They didn’t say anything about that during my presentation. And every time I try to use it somewhere it doesn’t seem like I can get into the places I want. What a joke! Please contact me at ** or **.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We swapped into a Wyndham resort in Myrtle Beach, a huge resort with extremely nice accommodations. The problem was the mandatory visit to the Club Wyndham desk to obtain our RFID room key. We initially resisted the hard sell for the time-share pitch but made the mistake of relenting in the face of the offer of a free 7-night vacation, shows, golf rounds and meals. After enduring the hard pitch for 2 hours including a visit by the "closer" with an offer of a 45% discount we thought we would get a couple of rounds of golf, well technically yes - we got a round of golf for two. This meant no meals and the shows were $40 per person so we passed.

The offer for the Free Week turns out to be more or less fraudulent and certainly very misleading. It is provided by Gocrv as a supposedly "Wyndham Rewards Points 7night 8 day Resort Condos" but is actually, at least in the case of Hilton Head, a Super8 motel at a cost of $199 for taxes and fees with options to "upgrade" for more costs. You give them your dates, pay, then try to reach an agent who will tell you what might be available. They mentioned something about claiming credit refunds in the fine print and I got suspicious. Fortunately, I read the reviews of Club Wyndham and Gocrv before I sent money so our 2 hour waste of time got us 1 round of golf. Unfortunately, they do have our phone numbers (they insist on a home number) and email address so I am anticipating spam calls and emails for years to come. This really cheapens the Wyndham brand.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

On October 16, 2022, I attended an owner’s presentation supposedly to learn of new updates with their network and potential “perks” of being an owner of sorts. The entire presentation was disguised as an opportunity to share new things that Wyndham is doing and to update my PII. During the long hard sales pitch I was asked to sign a blank screen on the salesperson’s reader as I was advised on the previous screen that my personal information was being updated. Again, the second screen was blank, but little did I know that the salesperson was actually hiding the screen as that blank screen somehow morphed into me giving authorization for the individual to run a credit inquiry.

What I find perplexing as well as maddening is that I distinctly told the salesperson twice that I was not authorizing a credit inquiry. He advised that he was simply updating my information; however two days later when I returned home, I was I informed that a credit report was run and in fact, I was contacted by a mortgage company under the pretext that I was seeking a mortgage. I contacted Wyndham directly to contest the fraud committed by its employee, but I was informed that I had provided an authorization.

I am sharing this information as I want the public to be aware of the scams perpetrated by this company and so I advise anyone considering attending an owner’s presentation to be very vigilant doing the hard sale and not to sign anything unless you are in full agreement with the sales pitch. Remember, authorizing a credit report is not a prerequisite to attempting an owner’s update and/or receiving gift card for the grueling presentation.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Extremely high-pressure sales, got out of our contract 5 years later due to fraudulent practices. Sales agent had been in prison previous, property was not actually available & not fully owned by Wyndham. It cost us $5,000 to get out of the contract!!! There was a lawsuit this year against them, but I can’t find the outcome.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

We are in our 70s, Wendy at the Welcome Center in Pigeon Forge TN was so nice, she offered us an incentive of free tickets for a show and Ferris Wheel if we’d go learn about her resort. Well we walked into the Wyndham Smoky Mountain Preview Center and met Darin, he was a nice guy until the sales pitch, we said no we had just come for tickets, he suddenly was impoverished with starving kids and the only way for survival was us spending 30k to buy into a timeshare! Then at almost two hrs they want to take us in a bus to see the condos, we said we are old and don’t want to climb in a bus, show us on video please!

Big John comes in and was the ultimate rudest most disrespectful, ugly man I’ve ever dealt with, worse than any used car salesman, he too had a starving family and kept asking us why, why, well we are 70, just lost one husband and there on a date with my new guy and we use your hotels and sure enjoy renting your resort when we can. Just don’t need something like this when we will not be vacationing many more years. He was a mean, rude, ugly man and told us we are what they don’t like, coming in to get freebies. We’d have rather paid for our tickets 10 times than go through that! Not only did we not feed their starving families “shame on Wyndham for starving their employees” we will never pay our money to stay in a Wyndham hotel, resort, cabin or campground! Just don’t do it! If Wyndham can’t afford to pay starving employees we should not give them our money.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Updated on 11/10/2022: I've just checked my Wyndham credit card account and they have now taken out another credit card in my name which I never applied for. It says that I requested it on 11/9/22 but I never called on that day. The last time I called them was on 11/6/22 to follow up on my dispute for the $323.84. These people are scammers/fraud and I need someone to do something about this. There is no way that this can be legal.

Original Review: I have tried to cancel this Timeshare several times starting on 9/14 through the sales agent Joseph ** and each time he kept telling me that I can get Financing through my bank for a lower interest rate. He said that another customer with a lower credit score than mine was able to get an interest rate of 7%. Another agent/ manager was also there at the time when I told him that I could not afford this interest rate and monthly payment but he kept on insisting that I would get a better rate elsewhere. On several occasions starting on 9/13 I went to the office to try and cancel but I was always pressured/ lied to/ deceived into keeping it. Mr ** also told me that with this new VIP status I would be getting many more benefits such as VACASA which I could use in Jamaica and that turned out to be a lie as well.

He also deceived me by saying that my new payments would work out to be the same as my old payment but with more benefits. He said that someone would call me to go over my benefits as a VIP member but no one has since. After contacting Mr ** on many occasions through phone call and text messages about my concern with this updated Timeshare and my inability to get a lower interest rate, he then told me to take out an equity loan. I called my mortgage company and they advised me that if I did in fact get an equity loan that my mortgage interest would be raised and I would have to pay a closing cost. I decided not to do that, to not put myself into debt. At this point I tried reaching out to Mr ** again to tell him what was going on and my concerns but he stopped taking my calls or responding to my messages. I had to call him on his work phone and after several failed attempts in reaching him, I finally was able to speak to him.

This was when he told me that he was sorry but he could no longer do anything to help me because my 10 day grace period had expired. I have tried calling Wyndham on several occasions but was unable to reach anyone and when I did they would just transfer me or put me on hold for up to an hour or more. I called and left a voicemail for Byron **, the agent that did the closing when I couldn't reach anyone and I have not gotten any response from him also. Wyndham is now charging me twice for 1 Timeshare. They charged me $323.84 and $199.76 on my Wyndham credit card. They refunded the $199.76. They also charged me $572.25 on my CapitalOne credit card, which I disputed and has gotten a provisional credit while the investigation is still pending.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I checked into the motel approximately midnight, October 6, 2022, after a 10 hour drive from Oregon. There was no parking near my room, which was on the second floor. Pulling a suitcase and carrying some things to the room, I tripped in a hole, smashing my face into the concrete, hitting both knees, cutting one of them, and hurting my hand and arm. My lip and nose were bleeding, and my lip immediately became swollen. Initially I was afraid I broke my front teeth due to the pain.

When I walked into the lobby to report it to "Lloyd" the clerk, he could have cared less. He said, "well, sorry it happened. Do you want a bandaid?" Incredulous, I asked him if he had a way to make an ice pack and his cavalier response was, "no, no ice packs". There was not one iota of concern that as a woman traveling alone, I was now injured and in a strange city. No offer to do anything to help! Shaken, in pain and bleeding, I was left to go back out and drag my belongings upstairs, with no help and no idea where to go for it.

This place was recommended by a local, who was thinking of the close proximity to the airport and had no idea what a dump it is. Had I known it was so dirty, unaccommodating and filled with safety hazards, I would NEVER have made a reservation there. I took pictures of the hazards that caused me to trip and the filth in the room. I even picked up something off the floor and it was an old TOOTH!! At least I was able to get them to move me to the first floor the next day by filing a complaint with the third party through whom I had reserved and paid for the room. This place was such a dump! I felt as if I was in the middle of a brothel surrounded by drug dealers. Unless you fall into this category, I suggest you find another place to stay. And I have photos to support what I have stated.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Club Wyndham Tower on the Grove in Myrtle Beach, SC. The sales department refused to return my driver's license until I got the front desk manager and hotel security involved! The sales associate told me he was recruited by a friend to work at this property and he couldn't return to his country, Egypt, for his father's funeral because he wouldn't be allowed back in the United States. He told me this after they had taken my license. What kind of scam is Wyndham operating?! I don't know but I do know; They opened a line of credit in my name as well as a mortgage for a timeshare I DID NOT BUY! I am a savvy traveler and a timeshare owner for over 25 years. If they could do this to me they will do it to anyone!!!

You are not safe nor is your personal data or identity if you stay at Wyndham! Have had no help from anyone at Wyndham for one year! This was NO VACATION!! I booked an extra week at a different hotel to sort out this DISASTER. I wasted my vacation time, money, and energy. Interesting, while at this second hotel, I met another woman who also said Wyndham Tower on the Grove, the year before, would not return her license and she too felt blackmailed in order to get it back! We exchanged contact information should we find ourselves in a class action lawsuit when more people start to come forward.

I met with the General Manager, Curtiss ** who assured me he would help, NOPE!! I filed a police report and an FTC report. In the past year no one has assisted me, even though they all assure me they will. And it is impossible to contact the CEO, CFO, Human resource director, etc. The GM, Curtiss ** was transferred to Atlanta, the new GM Helen something?, told me there was nothing she could do and passed me off, Jennifer ** from customer/owner service who did absolutely nothing and passed me off to Matthew **, supervisor who said he was happy to resolve this and would have it done in 2 weeks, that was July. Worthless.

I thought Wyndham was a reputable business, I learned it is the opposite. I wasted my money, time and energy dealing with Wyndham and their incompetent and uncaring employees. Plus, over the past year have been constantly stressed over identity theft and finding my info on the dark web! This surely was the "vacation" that keeps on giving. I am sick over this. Do not stay at Wyndham! Do not trust Wyndham employees or executives! Every family member, friend, neighbor, professional, social and alumni association has been notified about this shameful, disturbing, unprofessional (and perhaps illegal/criminal) activity on the part of Wyndham employees and the inability of senior executives to rectify it. Do not stay at Wyndham, do not buy from Wyndham and do not do business with Wyndham.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information