1.1/5 (95 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: June 20, 2022

On 1/29/2022 in Wyndham Myrtle Beach, Wyndham timeshare service sales lied to us, they have CEO changed and promoted a new program called “Travel UP”, Sale pursued us to buy a new program called “Travel UP”, he promised that this program have high discount, average get 75% - 80% off on cruise and the hotel booking 60%-70% off, air flight and car rent get at least 30% -40% off . We have been forced to stay at their office from morning 8:00am until 3:00PM, we were so hungry and they still keeping talking and not allow us to leave, We have no choice and signed this program, We thought we could test Travel Up program after I signed paperwork however we were told that we must wait for 45 days in order to get access, and the agreement we are forced to sign to only have 3 calendar days for canceling. We were stuck.

We were stuck and no idea if this program works for us or not until 3/3/2022, we finally get access and then tried to use this program, but this "TraveUP" is a cheating program, we can’t get discount like sales promised, it only have 5%, maxim 10%, The price came out more expensive than the regular traveling agent website, such as “Hotwire.com”, "Travelocity" or Expedia etc. I can’t believe the facts how sales from Wyndham can cheat us. Wyndham sales cheated/lied to us, and Travel Up services they promised us during the sale did not match the service I received when using this program. In turn, which caused us to spend a lot of more money without usage of this program and the points they presented to us.

Originally I paid this new contract in full using my credit card, so I reported this cheating sales to my credit card company, also opened the case with Wyndham ownership, Case # **, IT HAS BEEN THREE MONTHS, no any update so far, my credit card company advised me, they passed my complaint to Wyndham and asked them to provide the resolution, Credit card company hold my payment in order to get resolution from Wyndham however Wyndham never response to my credit card company, Wyndham turned around open a loan using my personal information and blocked my 400,500 available points, and I never missed my any maintenance fee, I didn’t own anything from Wyndham, all my previous contract paid in full.

I don’t understand why it took so long time, Wyndham didn’t resolve my issues, and since my full payment hold by my credit card company, Wyndham opened a loan for me, their collection department every day called me to pay their money, and my case purposed hold WITHOUT any resolute, I called them every day, no one provide me update, they blocked my all account and don’t allow me to use my points and continue to charge me monthly maintenance fee. It is purposed doing this way? They can sell more points to other unknown customers using my points? Please get away Wyndham, this is the company with cheating sales.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Well Let me start by saying I stayed with Wyndham before and accumulated points that amounted in either free nights or discounted rates. So however I was vacationing and called to retrieve my points and at that time was presented with another offer saying if I paid 100.00 dollars I'll receive an American Express card back with the same amount so I agreed but then later to find out I have to attend a timeshare seminar and that was never explained over the at all so just to let the rest of the world know do not trust any Wyndham representatives. They misrepresent themselves just hustling money from customers!!!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

In order to get potential customers to attend the two hour presentation, "gifts" are offered. We were offered the "GRAND PRIZE" of a 4 night stay at one of several impressive locations - with the clear implication this was at a Wyndham resort. It was not, it was through a dismal, worthless company called Grand Incentives and far from free. The other two "prizes" also proved to be pretty worthless. Beware of how this company works!

Original review: June 6, 2022

I don't know how bad their vacation deal is but I would not trust them if their marketing technique is anything like their product. We were at Sea World and was approached by one of their market grabbers. "1 week vacation anywhere in the US for $100. Wait, I see you are retired military, completely free- just participate in a 2 hour presentation". We took the bait, took the tour and got our certificate. It is good for a grand total of 32 locations in the entire United States, and even those have limited dates available. Any other location or time requires an additional fee, ranging from $500 to $1000. And of course, no response to the email I sent them. Total nonsense. I would not trust them for anything.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Upgraded in Indio, California because we were presented thing that really don't exist or the truth is inflated. Their Margaritaville vacation club is not Margaritaville beach resorts. I have called and emailed and after one phone call never got back to me. Emailed and no response. I have been an owner since 2004. We only upgraded because so much was offered and weeks later it was not truly there. Lots of deception. Everything that was presented by numerous persons was not what we expected. And believe me I asked a lot of questions! There really is no support after the sale. And just like other owners the website is so bad. Can't really use it so I call but that is hours of waiting. Very unhappy

Original review: May 26, 2022

I just went on a "tour" to get the free points and free nights. BOY, what a pressured deal. You go from one "man" to the next, each one trying to be more intimidating than the next. I had no intention of buying anything and told them that when I arrived, it did not stop them from trying to get me for $100,000. Yes, you read that right.. Insanity! OK, I signed up for it. I did not sign up for man #2 Brian at the Branson office, insinuating I was stupid for not buying it, hateful for not listening to his spiel, and bitter because I have never had a good experience with travel clubs. He was red in the face and near shouting in my face, so much so man #1 back off, and I am sure he was shocked. This man has no business working with the public. He is a disgrace, and I plan to tell this everywhere.

I am a Wyndham rewards member and Credit cardholder and have considered tearing up the card and never staying there again because of his treatment of a CUSTOMER! I still, a day later, cannot believe anyone who works with the public would act like this. I am a widow, so I was alone, and I was the last to leave out of 30 or so people because of their badgering. Shameful .. Do not go. The points you get are not worth it; however, I feel his actions would have been different had I had a man with me. It was 100% intimidation of a senior widow. Proud to say I did not back down or away from his insults and demeaning postures.

Original review: May 19, 2022

My wife and I go to New Orleans every year for about the last ten years. We are members of a different vacation club that allows us access to resorts and hotels around the globe, but we could never seem to book anything in New Orleans. Three years ago in 2019, we attended a Wyndham Club presentation while in New Orleans for Jazz Fest. A manager by the name of Jay and a salesman by the name of Charles ** convinced my wife and I that if we paid about $4,000 for 400,000 points, we would have no problem finding a place to stay in New Orleans whenever we hoped to use it, including the following year at the next Jazz Fest. If they could not fit us in one hotel, they would put us in another because they had "copious access to hotels in the city." We paid the money and when it came time to book our stay, which was well in advance of Jazz Fest we were told that they had no availability.

We tried to reach Jay and Mr. ** and our calls went unanswered. We realized then that we had been scammed. We returned to New Orleans that following year, paying out of pocket for an AirB&B as usual. With the pandemic shutting down Jazz Fest and travel in general, we just returned from New Orleans a week ago and my wife and I were reminded of how poorly we had been treated by Wyndham and called their customer service to complain in hopes that someone would make this right. All we wanted was a stay in New Orleans, which is precisely what we had paid for. The customer service agents were rude and obnoxious--apparently, they treat people poorly for a living working at Wyndham and it appears to be perfectly acceptable. They claimed the offer expired despite our attempts to use it followed by the pandemic. No one ever attempted to contact us or tried to make the situation right.

We escalated the issue up a single level and were told very snottily by a woman by the name of Greta that there was nothing that we could do about it because our account had been closed. She had absolutely no empathy, care or concern and sounded like she actually enjoyed telling us that. We are absolutely disgusted by the way that we have been treated by Wyndham and I would discourage anyone from even engaging with this disreputable organization in any capacity whatsoever. There are many options out there. Spend your dollars where you are respected and appreciated. Do not waste your time with confidence men who will say anything to get you to sign on the dotted line for goods and services that you will never receive. It is not worth the money, headache or disappointment.

We absolutely love New Orleans, but we hate the dishonest games and tactics that Wyndham employs to attract clients. Not a good look for the brand in general. I would advise you to steer clear, but if you absolutely must, know what you are in for and get a confirmed reservation before signing anything at all. We do not recommend it at all.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Learn from my experience and do not do business with Wyndham! The sales staff are all lying, money hungry, leeches. They will tell you anything to make a sale. Truth is irrelevant to them and none of them understand what NO means. Here are some of the lies they told me: This is an investment property. It is not, there is no value or real property. Wyndham is exclusive. False, you can buy points online and use them just like owners do. Our kids could benefit from the timeshare after we die. Technically, yes, but they did not tell me that the kids would have to pay for the maintenance fees that always go up.

With RCI, we could book 7-day vacations for a total of $149. Nope! That was never a real offer. The minimum price is $289. Fake “one-time” deals. The salesman said if we came back the next day, our package would be almost $10,000 more. Do not go to owner updates either. Those are also high-pressure sales meetings to make you upgrade. Oddly enough, they ALWAYS offer “one-time” deals. Don’t let them make a fool of you and stick you with THOUSANDS in debt.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I thought I was booking a stay at the HoJo in Tom’s River NJ, but the contractor site mistakenly booked at Gallup, NM instead. I immediately called the Gallup site to cancel. They cancelled but the Manager, Gilda, will not refund the $429 charge. Pathetic management which should and will negatively impact business into the future for this site and chain. Unless you appreciate inflexibility, DON’T stay at this hotel chain.

Original review: April 12, 2022

We were dinning at a local restaurant in Daytona Beach FL and we’re approached by concierge agent for club Wyndham to tour location at 300 N Atlantic. Gave $40 deposit which has yet to be refunded back on my card. Can’t get a hold of anyone to assist me. What was promised on my paperwork 1 week vacation, rental car and choice of 4 tickets to amusement parks or 4 $100 Visa card was not given at the end of presentation. They basically said the agent lied even though I had paperwork showing it, gifting manager did not want to look at the paperwork. Friends signed up for the tour at the same time and experienced the same hassle. What a waste of 120 mins as presentation was over 90 mins. Their presentation states they a rebranding yet their service shows false advertisement. Not sure where they are rebranding? Completely out of touch! Beware!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information