Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a young adult who went on a trip with my husband to Hawaii. We wanted some extra cash so we went to the Wyndham meeting. We purchased one of their trial packages. They say you get 2 years to use it. This is not the case. You only get a year and half. Next issue: We have been trying to book something for 2 months. I have called numerous times to be told the system is down. They then had to put an extension on my account because their systems were not working, but they told me I would be required to call back again in 24hrs to ensure it occurs. After which I will have to wait another 48hrs to book. And I must book something within the next 3 months. However there are no places with rooms left.

Then they heard we interested in purchasing more points, and we were hounded by a man for weeks. He would leave two messages a day telling me "YOU NEED TO CALL ME NOW." This went on for 3 months. Overall this may be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with in my life. STEER CLEAR!! I promise you there is nothing good that can come from this.

We signed up in Mar 2017 and this has been a horror show. Cannot reach anyone on phone (average wait time is 64 minutes). They promised availability year round for top resorts. We cannot book a single place we want. We have tried since April to cancel and due to lack of response they now say we are outside the window. This is the reply we received from their "customer-owner care" rep:

I cannot apologize enough for the delay in response. I have been working to see if there was absolutely any way that we could get your requests fulfilled. Since the contract is outside of the rescission window, we are beyond the point we can just cancel the contract as if it had not happened. I was also looking to see if we could address the concerns that you brought up in your written statement. While we always work hard to get calls and e-mails answered in a timely manner we have been experiencing issues that have made hold times abnormally high for our owners."

"As for the availability it is always easier to find units in the 10-13 month windows due to that inventory being newest in the system. The two year span is a RCI time frame and I can understand how surprising that would sound to have an agent provide that kind of timeline. As for the Christmas bookings, holidays are always popular travel times. I am happy to check dates and locations for you to see if there is anywhere you would like to travel with Wyndham."

"At this time I do not have an option for canceling your contract. I have looked into all of the different options for getting your request fulfilled. After exhaustive research there is no option open for cancellation. I am sorry that this is not the answer that you or I had been hoping for on this issue." This has been a nightmare. We stopped payment with credit card and Wyndham charged it again. How a company. This is sad and we can not believe we were duped like this as we think of ourselves as smart people. Shame on Wyndham but we will not stop until they get exposed and we get our money back!

My wife and I purchased a discovery package the end of April 2017. What a disaster. First they told us we book travel immediately but have to have $1400 in equity by the time travel starts. Total lie. Money has to be paid before you book. One month ago I tried to pay equity but they said computer system was changed. Give them a few days. Kept calling for a month, long wait and still told computer system is not fixed. Last time I called week ago and they gave me a case number and said they would have it fixed and notify me. So far nothing. They have offered no compensation or solution. Could notify Better Business Bureau but doing that before with another company they do nothing. Wyndham are basically worthless people that don't do what they say. I have learned a lesson for sure. Requested my money back and they said problem would be fixed soon. Yeah sure!

We have been a Wyndham timeshare owners many years. Suddenly, Wyndham has changed programs in a way that limits flexibility. We used to be able to bank points for use in the next three years, now owners must choose a year to which those points will apply. Worse, Wyndham launched a new website that does not work well. Owners can no longer see if a resort has multiple units available. They must book a resort and take the chance that another unit is available. If it is not, the points are labeled "return reservation points" and must be used the current year and cannot be applied to maintenance fees, used as hotel points, or banked as they would be if they were used to make a reservation.

Wyndham resort is kind of a scam. The resorts are average but not the standard as highlighted. The worst part is every time you check in, their team is chasing after you for recruiting as a owner. They offer small thing gift if only you admit as a member. If you don't agree, they withdraw the gift. Yesterday, I stayed at Wyndham hotel room in Sydney. They deducted my points worth of $250 for this room, one night. They charged extra from me in the name of cleaning $95. Their check in time is 4.00 PM in the evening but need to check out by 12.00 noon on the following day. This cost me $450 in total. The same kind of room could have been booked elsewhere for $125 in the same areas.

Then they offered in the name of complimentary breakfast. Later as I did not consent to attend their silly and ridiculous presentation, they demanded me to pay back for the complimentary breakfast $19.50 each. Every time you check in they are chasing after you until you get caught. My advice is not to become their member. Calculate your own arithmetic without taking their foolish calculation. They are working for commission. So they don't mind either you die tomorrow, they want you to become a member. You can have much better options if you book at your own hotel room elsewhere. It is cheaper, better quality, plenty of options if you have your own booking rather than booking at Wyndham resort. This is not worth for your money at all. This is a scam. Don't get caught.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Poor service - sitting on the phone for over an hour to get assistance? Travel anywhere in the world? Not unless you transfer your points to RCI. If I had to do this over, I absolutely wouldn't invest. What the sales folks tell you and reality are very far apart. Invest your money in a different vacation plan.

I have owned a Wyndham timeshare since 2013. Although I do not get much value from the ownership, I see it as an option for less than 10% of my vacation needs and thought I'd keep it until I had a very unfortunate encounter with two sales reps today in NYC. I decided to use my Wyndham points to get a room for 2 nights at the new NYC location.

At check-in I was asked to meet with a welcome representative who I must admit was quite nice. She told me a bit about NYC which I didn't need to hear because I grew up in NYC but I was patient and respectful. She then proceeded to invite me to a breakfast event where I would "learn more about the Wyndham Midtown 45 property and receive from $50 to $1000 in an Amex gift card just for attending." She gave me a card with a secret amount to be opened during the event. She then told me that I would have to make a $20 deposit for the breakfast at which point I let her know that I wasn't interested, thanked her and walked away.

Later in the day she ran into my daughter and tried to convince her to attend the breakfast event. She gave my daughter a message, asking my daughter to let me know that she would waive the $20 breakfast charge. I ignored the message. She ran into me the following morning and told me that she would waive the $20 breakfast deposit. I thought about it and decided that I would attend because a free breakfast and the chance to get $50-$1000 in exchange for more info about my Wyndham ownership and perhaps a small sales pitch would be okay. Although as usual she did not mention that a sales pitch would be involved but I know this from past experiences. She confirmed that the session would begin at 10:30 am on Sunday only last one hour.

I had a fabulous time at the wedding and I spent the night at the Hilton while some family members stayed in the Wyndham room. I walked over to the Wyndham in the morning for the 10:30 am breakfast event as I promised. I was escorted around the corner to another location for the event. When I arrived I was greeted by two of the rudest sales people I have ever met. I explained that I was not interested in purchasing more Wyndham points because it made no sense. I am already paying over $900 per month for maintenance and I can only get a tiny hotel room for 2 nights in NYC using ALL OF MY POINTS in addition to the maintenance fee. I could have stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for two nights with the money I pay for the Wyndham.

Additionally, most of my vacation needs are not met by my Wyndham ownership because there are limited properties and most of my vacations are outside of the US. More importantly, even if Wyndham has hotels all over the world, which in my experience, they don't, I want the flexibility to stay wherever I want to and I don't want to be limited to staying at the Wyndham. Quite frankly, on this particular trip I was staying both at the Wyndham Midtown 45 and the Hilton Midtown and having a far better experience at the Hilton so what sense does it make to buy more Wyndham points. I said this all respectfully but I wanted to be honest with the two sales women because it would give them the opportunity to explain the value of Wyndham. They could not explain the value except encouraging me to buy more points and invest $100,000 in Wyndham points in order to get value for my money.

I explained that if my current investment wasn't offering value, why would I invest more money? One of the women proceeded to tell me that the fact that I have owned for 5 years and haven't bought more points means that money is tight with me and that I couldn't afford it. They began to ask me why I even came to the event if I wasn't planning to buy points. Let's recall that I was never informed that a sales pitch was involved in the breakfast event in the first place. Not to mention that I was both lied to and bribed to come to the event. I came for the free breakfast and the money like you promised!!!

Now what really annoyed me is not just the fact that the two women became really low and rude as time progressed, but the fact that they totally ignored the time factor and the fact that I told them that my underage son was alone at the Hilton where I had to reserve another room due to the poor value on my Wyndham ownership that did not allow enough space for my family of 4 to stay. I told the sales women from the start that I needed to leave at 11:40 to check on my 16 year old son and check out of the Hilton. They said it was fine then totally showed no regard for time and refused to give me my gift card in time for me to leave as agreed. They brought out their male boss at 11:52 who told me that my underage son was old enough to stay at the Hilton Midtown by himself and that there was no issue.

At that point I was completely out of patience and lost my cool. I informed him that the sales women knew of my need to leave from the start and that I was disappointed that they did not seem to "give a **" about my son's well-being. He then turned it back around on me and said, "there is no need to curse." When is there a need to curse Wyndham? This experience ruined the high I was feeling from the wedding. I walked from the Hilton to the Wyndham that morning singing beautiful hymns in my mind and recalling the wonderful experience at the wedding only to be robbed of my joy by your classless sales reps. I already own a Wyndham timeshare so it is unfortunately that you treat customers so poorly.

Tomorrow I will call to find out how I can end this relationship. I was willing to overlook the fact that ownership is just a waste of money but I am not willing to overlook the rude and tasteless interaction with your sales team today. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I will be looking into ending my contract tomorrow. With all of my timeshare points, I was only able to get 2 nights in a small hotel room in NYC Wyndham Midtown 45, no kitchen, not even a refrigerator. I had to get an additional room at the Hilton because 4 people could not fit comfortably in the Wyndham room.

I was still quite happy and on cloud 9 because we were going to the wedding of a fabulous young woman whom I knew and loved since she was a child. Nothing could spoil my mood or at least that is what I thought until I had this extremely unpleasant encounter. I am going to complain to every executive in Wyndham until I get an apology and instructions on how to end my relationship with Wyndham.

Let me tell you about my experience with WYNDHAM RESORT. The salesperson will promise you the world to make a sale. The wife and I with our grandkids had a place booked in Panama City, Florida, then WYNDHAM, calls and tells us he can give us a room on the beach in Destin, Florida. We prefer Destin so this was great news, well it turns out that the salesperson must be a (RETARD). We found out that we're not in Destin but in Miramar, FL down the road and the room not on the ocean. But we were told that if we are lucky enough, you may get a room where you can see the ocean. We called and of course no one that works at WYNDHAM can do anything? Except make sure you don't get your money back. ALL I CAN SAY IS IF THEY CALL HANG UP!! IT'S A SCAM!!!

We are WorldMark timeshare club owners and back in early February 2017 we accessed our ownership online and received this message even though we are in good standing with our monthly mf payments and WM staff had confirmed as such. "At this time, your WorldMark account is unable to process online reservations due to a past due owing or your account has some other account status issue. Please call the Vacation Planning Center at 1-800-457-0103 for assistance. Although you will be able to search availability online, you will be unable to book a reservation using the web site. We apologize for the inconvenience."

WorldMark staff confirmed it was an internal issue with their system and that hundreds of other WM owners had been affected and they were working on resolving the problem. It took WM eight days to fix the problem and in the mean time I had to wait until the call center opened up which was two hours later than the online system which was a disadvantage and not to mention the long waits times.

Now it happened again starting on April 29, 2017 and still yet today (May 18th) we are unable to access booking or canceling online. The several times that I have called in, the persons I have spoken with at WM have indicated that this issue is a priority to resolve - really. You would think they could/should have fixed by now. I feel and believe WM is targeting owners. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office of the State of Washington in which WM legal department did respond indicating they were no targeting owners and were working to resolve the problem.

I was provided a contact person with WM legal and shortly at the beginning of May I left a voicemail and yet to receive a response even though she had indicated to feel free with contacting her should I have any additional concerns - so much for that happening. Please respond if your WM ownership has been affected and what information or response you have received from WM. I believe WM should be held accountable for this problem and that WM should compensate us for having to spend so much time calling in and not to mention the frustration it has caused.

I came in contact with Wyndham by being given a "free" cruise that I had "won" after completing a survey about sustainable energy. I believe my first contact was possibly from a different company called Blue Star vacations/cruises. I was told all that was required of me was to tell everyone what a good time I had afterwards. When I arrived in Florida months later everything went downhill fast. I was given a rental car with no trunk for our luggage, then when I went to get my cruise vouchers I was then told I would not get them unless I first attended a 90 minute presentation by Wyndham the next morning. I called the Blue Star people to complain but was told that the Wyndham thing was always part of the deal despite my being told I just had to "tell everyone I had a good time." I asserted that was not what I agreed to and gave the name of the salesman that told me these lies. They did nothing.

So now I was stuck in Florida with no choice but to go to this Wyndham thing. My wife and I told ourselves we would not buy anything, but we found the salesman at Wyndham to be extremely unrelenting. Every reason one can think of not to buy a "vacation ownership" was countered by some other offer. I stood up several times trying to leave but was offered drinks or given other promotions including an offer to reimburse me all of my vacation expenses and plane tickets while I stayed in Florida and the cruise, etc. Anything they could do basically to get me to sit back down. To make a long story short, I consented to purchase a contract after I was told many things that turned out to be only half true if you can call them true at all. A decision I now deeply regret.

Among the half truths were that Wyndham Ownerships are like Real Estate, so their value increases with time and therefore buying sooner than later equals more value. We could always sell it in the future. I was given the caveat that it is not an investment though and that I would not necessarily make money from it as in capital gains or something. I was also told in more of a low-key tone that I could even rent out my share on Airbnb and make money that way, essentially making the ownership pay for itself. As much as $2000 each time.

My feelings at the time were that this Wyndham thing would maybe be the means for me and my wife to travel like we have dreamed of doing someday, and did not expect that opportunity to come so soon. We felt sort of drugged by the environment and felt like everything was going to work out. We were there for over 4 hours and obviously worn out mentally. Things were starting to blur together. The signing process seemed to raise some red flags to me, such as a part where I was acknowledging that my intentions in using Wyndham were purely recreational, but I felt so numbed that I did not ask further questions. I knew it was recorded and kinda wish I had the video.

After it was all over and I was back home, I spent the next week trying to figure out all the different things that Wyndham offered me. It was disappointment after disappointment. Everything I was told had some asterisk that was never divulged to me. Even the Airbnb thing turned out to be a sort of gamble because you must first purchase a time slot using your points and hope you can sell it lest you lose it. My tiny 64k point ownership also turned out to be really inadequate to purchase stays at any of the resorts I wanted to go to. I was extremely unhappy with the purchase and began looking into cancellation. When I found it I discovered I only had 10 days from signing to provide a written notice of cancellation. It had been 11 by the time I found it out. Something I wish I had been told sooner. It may be possible that I was told during signing, but like I mentioned that experience was sort of a blur.

I tried to work with Wyndham to get a late rescission, which was horrible because it took a month to hear anything after my first contact. I kept calling and emailing every endpoint I was given, but never got any responses. A couple times I got through to owner care only to be told it is being worked on and that I can email the rep over my case. Still no responses. It was a total nightmare which ultimately ended in being rejected. They said they will put my contract on some sort of listing to try and sell it. This is now the only hope I have in getting back any of the thousands of dollars I have lost on this. I want to get rid of it and mitigate as much as I can to protect my family now. I have the mindset now that I would almost rather never go on a vacation ever again than deal with Wyndham. I have found that rather than opening doors for me, it has ironically shut me out and restricted my travel options.

If I could describe my experience with Wyndham, I would put it in these terms. If you will forgive the sensitive nature of the topic, I would describe it as a sort of financial rape. I was brought into an unfamiliar and precarious situation, made comfortable, had my senses and better judgment numbed, then they had their way with me. It all seemed so perfectly choreographed when I think about it. I am certainly not their first offense. When I try to fight back, I find I have practically no power at all. Legally I am told I technically consented, and that I didn't say no or try very hard to stop it from happening. So it must just be my own fault. I am one small young person against a team of corporate lawyers with an ironclad contract. I feel sick and violated and have lost money and dignity I will never get back.

I have been to a Wyndham Resort (Las Vegas) purchased through EBAY. I was specific in my search. I had my daughter and my sister and we had the 2/2. My Ebay transaction went through flawlessly at $230 for 5 nights. A good deal? I thought so. We are not gamblers, and have been to Las Vegas with friends recently (Polo Towers) so I knew where in proximity we were. Walking distance to almost everything.

We checked in and they asked if we were owners and of course we were not. (The Ebay disclosure stated we were under NO obligation to attend a presentation) but they offered (FREE) tickets to a show of our choice (limited of course) for any night, so we decided what's 90 minutes? Bad move on our part (simply because I know there are kiosks on the strip that sell half price tickets that we had used last time, and they are a great deal). So we go for the breakfast (small table with scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage and muffins) and "presentation" that lasted 2.5 hours before they even break you up into smaller groups (overall a 4.5 hour ordeal). First indication if you're going to lie about the time for the presentation you're going to lie about everything else.

Since I was the guest they focused on me and I flat out told them I was not interested. Yes they have a beautiful facility, but I purchased on eBay for less than their going rate per day. So how are you going to sell me something that I can go right back to eBay and purchase again. So then they thought they would focus on my sister. She currently has a Wyndham time share in Hawaii. She purchased through someone that wanted out of the time share. Fully paid off and she pays maintenance fees only. BUT she also has no POINTS. She inquires what are the points and they have these stories they tell you how you cannot live without points. Where had she been this whole time? Now she's starting to wonder, maybe we do need points, SO THEN THEY BRING IN THE CLOSER.

Now my sister and I are retired so we really have been to a couple rodeos. Cars, Houses you know. Well she called him that and he was sooo offended. Well after the closer couldn't close they sent us to Customer service. And he was just there to see how our transaction had been going. "BUT if you were to purchase points what package would you have chosen?" "What if I could get you those points at a reduced price?" "We have a lot of turn ins (TRANSLATION: FORECLOSURES) that we could get you into." WE are in to it for 4 plus hours by now. "No thanks. Show me the ticket office where I get my FREE tickets."

We get the three free tickets and go to the show (no mention of get your tickets before the show since this is just a voucher). So get out of line, go back to the box office and they proceed to tell me that the VOUCHERS from time shares get the very back of the room no matter what. Now I could pay extra to get a better seat. We did not, but we did get last row in the corner which turned out pretty good. It was Tenors of Rock and my 18 YO daughter really liked them. Moral of story DO NOT BUY TIME SHARES. IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT LIST THEM ON EBAY. AT LEAST YOU'LL RECOUP SOME OF YOUR LOSS. And some owners have side businesses on eBay listing their properties. Going to Ebay and Homeaway or VRBO and looking for Anaheim for the last week in OCT. 2017 Disneyland.

They hound you down. They do not know how to speak to people if say for instance you didn't go to their presentation, they call you and they're rude, talking to you as if they were doing you a favor. Just do yourself and favor and don't go.

Sales pitch for WorldMark -- HORRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! Entirely way too long, they do not take no for an answer, they are extremely pushy, the original salesperson completely lies to get you to sign up, that It will only be 2 hours. It was almost 4!!! Way off the strip in Las Vegas. DO NOT DO IT!!

We drove right by the hotel, it couldn't possibly be the same as the picture we were looking at online? After about 20 minutes of being 'lost', we faced the harsh reality, it was the same one. Lesson learned: don't judge the bargain by the cover. We decided to give it a shot. After all we were only visiting for one night. A quick turn and burn for business. All we needed was a comfortable bed... and blankets?

Turns out, blankets were too much to ask for. And towels. We asked for those. We really didn't need them. After spending 30 minutes trying to fix the plumbing, we gave up and went without a shower. We did eventually get the shower turned on. If only out of sheer stubbornness. It took some serious muscle. Only one electrical outlet, of many, worked. We used this to jerry-rig the central heating/air conditioner. Mostly for sound and to ensure my husband didn’t have to go ask for a blanket in the middle of the night. More on that next as to why that would have been endeavor. One of the lamps worked, for a minute. The overhead light did not.

While we laid in bed contemplating the necessity of a blanket, we researched how much this room might cost, in say July? 339 dollars. My husband is still having a fit over this, and we've told everyone we've talked to about how incredible it is that someone thinks they're getting a deal at 339 dollars. Of course, it says something that this hotel, the one unrecognizable from the internet, is the ONLY one still with vacancies for the Holiday.

Security. This was a big one for me. I'm in the military. I take classes yearly on how to protect yourself when traveling, and certain things you should pay attention to. Door locks, second story, windows. Turns out, all this doesn't really matter. If you needed to call 911, you aren't doing it from your hotel room. None of the phones worked. I mean, no rooms, in the hotel, the entire hotel, had a working phone. 2017. No phone. Of course, you could call to someone through the 3-inch gap in the bottom of the door. Our neighbor had a baby we'd surely wake up if we spoke louder than a whisper. It begs to question, if I can't use the hotel phone to call 911, does the fire safety system call the fire station?

All this aside, we understood that the hotel suffered some from Super Storm Sandy, it's apparent everywhere you go. And it’s not quite Jersey Shore season. And the hotel clerk gladly got us our towels. I'm sure she could've fixed the pipes, and maybe even given us a blanket, if we'd asked for it, as in walked outside, around the front of the building, and into the lobby to ask for one (remember the phone didn't work). And, we only paid 90 (something) dollars, with the pet fee. BUT, I warn you: do not pay 339 dollars for this room. We got what we paid for. But, you won’t even get a blanket for 339 dollars, let alone a memorable vacation experience.

Our King size mattress (our reservation was for a Queen, non-smoking, we got a King, smoking) was precariously perched on a metal Queen bed frame. Have you ever heard medal scrape on ceramic? My husband and I laughed well into the night at our luck. Not much else happened though, we were afraid to wake the neighbor's baby. We’ve both stayed in some pretty dangerous, dusty, dirty, places. Tents, Humvees, on the ground. They all seemed like enticing alternatives by morning. I am, however, giving the clerk 5 stars. Without her friendliness, we wouldn't have stayed the night and would have just eaten the 90 bucks.

I initially was pleased with my experience because I had taken a vacation to Panama City through Wyndham and had a good experience. I had another package deal but was unable to use it for 6 months out. When speaking to the customer service rep. she saw it expired on March 15th and there is no extension. I also never received free vouchers from Panama City trip that were advertised and promised for completing trip. I will not allow myself to get suckered into anything else from this company!!! So done with them!!!

I wrote to them in 2015 since then I still am not able to refinance this loan or keep up with the payments which now they are threatening to take me to court and the IRS will assess me 7500.00. As I've looked at my paperwork there is so many question to where or how my first property got assessed and what the value was when It was put on the loan.

I am writing in reference to our conversation on 01/05/2015 in which I relayed to you my disappointment with my visit to Wyndham National Harbor the weekend of July 23, 2015. This visit started as a birthday weekend but since we were down there we also went to listen to the updated products. We were there over 1 hour 1/2 in which I stated my concern about the payment and the percentage rate. The young lady was persistent about how it only made sense at which time she brought a 3rd party over to encourage us that this was the right decision. Next they stated they would leave us both alone and would be back in 15 minutes. When she returned I stated again I was uncomfortable with the payment and percentage rate and she stated "you can always take it to your credit union and refinance." I asked her several times about the refinancing and she reassured me that I could refinance at a local credit union.

Upon investigation of this matter I now understand that although it is a deeded property the only way to do this is to take a home equity line for the amount. I have researched this issue through State of Maryland (SECU), Applied Physics Lab (APLFCU) and Navy Federal all who states they do not refinance deeded properties of and timeshare or Wyndham properties. I have been with Wyndham since 2004 in which I bought property at Williamsburg and was paid in full. At no time did they say the property would be added to the sale as part of the added points. I feel I did not fully understand how adding additional points when already owning property would affect the new sale as I had just bought property in Las Vegas.

I am now finding the high payment along with the high percentage rate is really hurting me financially. I am disappointed that Wyndham has put me in this position as I have been a faithful owner since 2004 and now facing a difficult situation. I feel this was misrepresented and Wyndham should not pressure people or mislead people into thinking refinancing a deeded property is easy. In closing, I would like to continue my ownership but not at the percentage rate and payment I am now faced with. Also I understand Wyndham’s goal is give quality vacations and ownership but at what cost to the owner.

Poor customer service, salesperson rude: My husband and I attended a timeshare sales presentation in April 2017 at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Orlando, Florida. Although we were greeted warmly, the customer service stopped there. The invitation to attend was addressed to me, however my husband's name somehow appeared on the salesperson's paperwork. The salesperson greeted my husband and ignored me, he offered his hand but did not make eye contact or shake my hand. He took us upstairs and stated, "I don't normally do this but I will meet with you." Still not sure what that meant. He bypassed the video presentation and took us outside to a hot patio, it was over 90 degrees the day we attended.

He attempted to explain the timeshare program but we could tell he was quite inexperienced. He could not answer our questions related to ownership, costs, or how the program worked. After spending about an hour with him, I stated it was very hot on the patio, his reply, "We could go inside in a minute." We asked a few more questions and he said, "Are you interested or not, I want to go on to my next client". At that point we left the resort. I wouldn't say high pressure sales but definitely rude and uninformed. A waste of 2 hours. Salesperson: Michael.

I can't stress how frustrating a simple title change from my husband (who is terminally ill) to his wife is. Started in August 2016, followed first set of requirements. Paid money. Think I am finished? Oh no...now you need to follow next set of instructions - pay money. Two months later...Oh no the name of the cheque which we gave was not correct and now another requirement taking me right back to step one. Eight months and I'm back at square one. Are you kidding me. Looks like Wyndham is just trying to steal timeshares from seniors. I have always been a huge advocate for timeshares. This experience has changed my mind!!

Got sucked into a presentation in Vegas in January, and ended up being sold the Discovery package for $1900... misled (intentionally) that it would be the same benefits presented for the timeshare package, but a 'one time' use of 200k points to use in a year. I was frustrated at this point because we were WAY over the "ONE HOUR ONLY" they told me upon signing me up for the presentation, and I'm certain that it is part of the ploy... keep people long, get them frustrated, and they'll sign without asking questions eventually. My fault, never again.

Upon reading the catalog a few days later, learned it was only for a select group of resorts, NONE of which I would ever vacation to, and that 200k points ("You can stay up to 20 nights!!") wouldn't even get me a WEEK at most of these (unless I went during hurricane season to some old resort somewhere). I read the fine print on the contract, I had 5 days to rescind. I immediately wrote a letter, included a copy of my contract, and sent it certified mail to the Vegas PO Box address for rescissions.

Now I've been calling weekly and told "this could take up to a month." Today I called and got a supervisor who says there is no record of receiving my letter (I have a receipt showing delivery on 2/10 to PO Box). She informed me she will 'open a case' and then let me know IF they can cancel my membership. IF??? Contract says you have 5 days after signing to rescind. That day was a Sunday. Impossible to postmark on a Sunday, so it is postmarked Monday. I will NEVER stay at a Wyndham hotel, timeshare, anything. These people are liars and crooks. I have emailed this supervisor a copy of everything I sent. I will continue fighting for my money back. What a scam.

I have asked numerous times for them to take me off of their email list. I get one email a day, everyday without fail. I will never use them for booking a reservation because I would be afraid the numerous emails I would start getting again. I need help in getting them to take my email address off. Can you suggest something else I could do besides calling them and emailing them. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks, in advance.

Club Wyndham, Orlando presentation was my worst nightmare. We were visiting Disney World at Orlando, FL this month (February 2017), me and my girl, when we were stopped by Wyndham executives saying they have some really nice offers for us. He said they are offering full Disney and Universal pass for half price but we need to attend a free presentation without compromise. They pick up us in the morning and then go for free breakfast and them they bring us to the park. We were really surprised at how can they offer it at such a low price at which we were told it's their anniversary offer. We did inquire multiple times about the terms and conditions but were given just some basic terms and made to sign on the same.

The next day we were invited for a tour and breakfast at the Orlando Wyndham property. We were made to wait for about 1 hour before an executive came and took us with him. There was some little, cheap muffins and coffee in the name of breakfast and we were really hungry. He started off and we realized they are just trying to rip us off and trying to sell their property for $45,000 or so for lifetime access and some points which made no sense at all. The salesperson was frustrated because I was not able to pay that price so he call another salesman "Carlos" and that guy insult my girl and insult me. He was very rude and call me stingy stupid, for not to do the investment and accept such an incredible offer.

We finally missed the full morning and were not picked up as promised, and we had to pay for a taxi to return to the hotel where we left the vehicle we rented. Be careful when they offer discounts for tickets to attractions in Orlando, breakfast is a lie and transportation another. I investigate about Wyndham life program and it is not good, the service is awful too.

Purchased package 12-29-14. Yes over 2 years ago package originally reserved for Daytona bike week March 2016 so this was noted on account. Tried to make reservations, told too far away must wait till closer till date. I began calling every 6 weeks trying over and over. After waiting till 1 month till bike week I paid over $700 for 2 nights. Finally 2 weeks before event was told no rooms available for bike week...

This is the reason I bought the package, called for refund, was told had something like 2 weeks from purchase date for refund and best they could do was give an extension to use package, but my package is already over a year old. I explained situation that I bought package not intended to use for 14 months from purchase and they were unable to fulfill their end of deal. After long discussion I was given an extension to use package and told to come up with a different location. So it's been almost a year and my vacation comes around again. I call to make reservations for Clearwater FL location at beginning of March. Told my package has expired and I'm out of options. $199 taken from me and runaround given. Do not use this company. They do not honor what you are told by their agents. Don't trust them. Dissatisfied customer.

Wyndham in Ann Arbor, MI was my worst hotel experience ever that doesn't seem to end. Online booking is deceptive. I booked online according to the online description. When I checked in, I was not given the room that was described and was told it did not exist. When I went back to the front desk, the receptionist was rude and condescending. I was given another room that did not have heat on a 12-degree day in Michigan. All amenities were over 20 years old and when the heater did not work, the manager even said this was an old hotel.

I had to call the manager three times: once he sent a maintenance person to try to fix the heat, the second time he came himself to try to fix it and the third time, I was given a refund and I left. A week later, I see that I was credited by the online booking party however, the hotel has charged me a fee of $75 and I will now have to contact them to find out why.

My husband and I have had a membership in a company called Trendwest which was purchased by Wyndham. After years of enjoying many locations in the western US and Mexico, we found that we were locked out of many premium locations because we didn't "invest" in more points. The cost was $10,000. We attended a sales presentation in Orlando for Wyndham Vacations and decided the additional investment in Wyndham would enhance and complement our Worldmark membership. We were Offered a Wyndham Visa which would cover our monthly maintenance fees with points. All we had to do was spend about $40 a month and our points would apply to the monthly fee. Great deal right? Not.

So We accepted the credit card. I set up a couple of small autopays on the Visa. Then I called Wyndham Visa rewards to set up using my points to pay my fees. Well, before I could use any points at all, we had to spends another $5000 to earn 10,000 points. Ok. So we put some large purchases on our Wyndham Visa. I called again. Talked to a very nice lady to set up using my points to pay my fees. She kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do that. I explained my understanding of how points were used to pay my Wyndham fees. She then read some legalese to me and asked if I wanted to use my points. Thinking we of the same mind I said "Yes."

About one month later I get a letter advising me that per my phone call all of my 10,000 points were used create a $60 credit on my Visa!!! Huh?! I gave up valuable points on my other Visa travel card for a $60 credit. I feel like a sucker. So beware of Wyndham. I haven't had a chance to use my travel points yet. But I will definitely be back with my critique. Hoping to give that review more stars.P. S. Cancelling my Wyndham Visa.

I recently received a call about winning 4 free airline tickets through Wyndham Resorts after attending an bridal expo. The call seemed shady. They kept insisting that there was NO obligation and that the tickets were ENTIRELY free. I felt like it was odd they continued to reiterate this point over and over. As everyone else here has experienced, they require in-person pickup and a 2-hour presentation of Wyndham vacation program. They want you to bring a credit card and are really interested if you make over 60k+.

Most everyone else has confirmed my suspicions about what would happen if I went to this event. Waste my time. Pressure me into spending money, etc. I ended up calling them back to see if anyone would be upfront with me, but I suppose they're trained well. Do yourself a favor. Avoid Wyndham Vacation Resorts and Wyndham Hotels. Super scammy, Feel sorry for the people who have to be the middlemen, tricking people through fake prizes.

It's so easy to get a timeshare with Club Wyndham Resorts but when you need any kinda help, they are not there for you. I've have been dealing with them for more than 4-3 months? No customer service!!!

I have previously expressed my abhorrence of the business practices of this company and the outright lies they tell people to ensnare them in their scheme. I have tried for years to get resolution with no response other than to attempt to sell me more! I am repeatedly told that I don't have enough shares to use effectively and should buy more. Why would I buy more when I can't use what I have?

Yesterday I tried to book just a couple days (figured I could at least do that) only to find I don't have ANY points available. All I've been able to find out so far is that they may have been forfeited because I didn't use them! Seriously? They won't let me use them then they take them away? And I am still charged over $300.00 a month. They don't mind taking money but they sure won't offer anything in return. This company is the true example of scam to bilk people of their hard earned money. I can't take a vacation because of the monthly expense of this company which provides me absolutely nothing in return. Stay away from them at all cost!!

We were visiting Sea World at Orlando this month with one more couple, when we were stopped by Wyndham Executives saying they have some really nice offers for us. He said they are offering a 8 Day stay at any Wyndham property of our choice only at $75. We were really surprised at how can they offer it at such a low price at which we were told it's their Anniversary offer. We did inquire multiple times about the terms and conditions but were given just some basic terms and made to sign on the same.

The next day we were invited for a tour and breakfast at the Orlando Wyndham property. We were made to wait for about 1 hour before an executive came and took us with him. There were some little muffins and coffee in the name of breakfast. He started off and we realized they are just trying to rip us off and trying to sell their property for $15,000 or so for lifetime access and some points which made no sense at all. Suddenly to our shock, their manager came up and asked us if we hold a green card. We told him that we are on work visa. He immediately said very rudely that we need to leave.

It was astonishing how people in the service industry can behave like this. When we asked him why we were not asked about our citizenship or visa the day before, he casually said the executive is at fault. My concern was not the 8 day offer or anything but the hell lot of time we wasted there. Who would make up for our precious time and money that we invested. It was humiliating to be picked up in the middle of it and made to leave. Why should we suffer for their mistakes? Isn't it the duty of their executive to ask us such questions before offering us their tours and these trips?

I purchased 2 packages from them. One for 4 days 3 nights $199 plus a 2nd package for 3 days 2 nights and I would receive a $200. American Express card and a Spend a night on us $100 coupon. Tried many times to arrange places and dates. I could not get through to them. I DID NOT want to go to Orlando. Then was told I would have to wait 6 months before I could use the 2nd package after I used the first one and attended their 120 min. sales meeting. Then was notified that things changed and I would only get a $25 credit for a rental car. Booked the 4 day package in Las Vegas... Well my 23 yr. old granddaughter was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer and had major surgery. I gave them 2 weeks cancellation notice and was told by the time I booked again all would be expired. In fact he expired it right then and there... Stay away from this company.

We attended a 2 hour high pressure presentation in June and fell for all their bogus promises. I cannot believe this company is still allowed to conduct business the way they do. They lie, mislead, basically promise you anything to get you to purchase. After you join and try to use your points, you realize how worthless your purchase is and how much you were lied to. We attended a second owner's presentation to find out how to sell our shares back, only to find out they would not refund one penny. If you are offered a presentation, please run as fast as you can.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.
  • Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.
  • Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.
  • Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.
  • Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.
  • Best for Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Compare Timeshares