2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.2/5 (112 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Wyndham is one of the largest Resort/Hotel/Motel chains in the world. Since we are members we have To support where our money goes, besides, they have some of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Also, they have locations in almost every place we have traveled or wanted to travel.

Original review: April 12, 2021

We arrived later than we expected but associate was great. She got us checked in quickly as it was late and we had been driving 750 miles. The room had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. We had trouble turning on the tv so I called the desk and she helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. Very nice young lady. Room was very clean, bathroom was clean and we were very satisfied. Because of covid, everyone was wearing a mask and just to be safe we did wipe things down but that was just my issue as I could see and smell that the room was very clean. Definitely recommend.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The Wyndham Rewards cards - especially the new iterations - are superb for Wyndham Resorts and hotels, and WorldMark time share owners. Purchases and fees for these organizations can be greatly offset (even completely!) by using these cards within their systems. (They are good for use elsewhere, but other rewards cards may be better for use outside of the Wyndham Resorts, hotels, and WorldMark time shares.) We use our card for all recurring maintenance fees, reservation fees, and housekeeping fees. The rewards given are very high (x4 to x6 for all costs). And, except for to very top tier card, they are free of any annual fees. Also, the Barclay's Bank processing is clear and accurate and their online app is very easy to use.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

In September 2021, I attended an “owner update” at a Wyndham sales office in Nevada. I have over 18,000 points and a travel share member. I was offered a $100 Wyndham gift card for attending a one hour presentation that turned into 3 hours! Wyndham tried to sell me a basic 105,000 point membership for $17K loan and $6K down payment on my Barclays rewards credit card, no interest for 6 months only. The $17K loan had an interest rate of 13% for 10 years.

Their first misstep was to show my $140 monthly maintenance dues with no travel share information! They said I was not eligible for Wyndham Club Pass which is a lie because all of my points belong to the travel share program which cost me an additional $17 per month. This allows me to book any of the 80 Wyndham resorts available in the Club Pass program as a Worldmark owner! I will have to pay $99 each time I book a Wyndham resort but I DON’T need a separate Wyndham membership!

Also, if you decide to sell off your points, Wyndham Ovation farms it out to third party timeshare resellers. My $20K membership with upgrades will fetch only $8-$10K in the resale market! Don’t pay retail when you can pay 30 to 50 cents per point buying a resale timeshare with points or weeks attached. You won’t automatically get Travel Share and other perks but you will save thousands of dollars with a small mortgage of $10K or less. Expect monthly dues to increase! Mine have by $40 per month over a 10 year period. I love staying at Wyndham Worldmark properties. But I will NEVER attend another “owner update” sales pitch, misinformation marketing ploy ever again! They usually ask you to attend at check-in. Just say no! They can only entice with gift cards & free excursions. They can’t force you to attend.

If you have buyer’s remorse, Google how many calendar days the state you purchased the timeshare allows you to cancel (rescind the contract). It’s 5 calendar days in Nevada. This statement will be buried somewhere in the middle of your DocuSign contract. Make sure you read it closely for time limits, contract & new member number you will need to reference in your cancellation letter. You will need to send it certified mail or FedEx BEFORE your rescission period ends from date of purchase!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Wyndham is so good at sucking people in. Right off the bat, we were offered free tickets to Disney just for going to their timeshare presentation. We should have just paid for Disney tickets; it would have ended up costing us less, in fact, we could have taken the family to Disney once a month for a whole year. We went to the presentation and the one hour that we agreed to turned into SIX. Six straight hours of lies and pushy salespeople. Every time we said “no”, they pushed harder. We were given so much information all at once that it became almost a blur. They probably do that so it will be harder to catch their lies. We were told we would be “deed holders” with exclusive rights to “our” property.

This was also supposed to be an investment with equity in Wyndham real estate. Or so they said. None of that is true. They also purposely left out a lot of details too. The extreme difficulty to book a vacation, the maintenance fee increases, and more. Then you’ll get invited to “owner update meetings”. DO NOT fall for this! It’s another sales presentation to make you spend more money by upgrading. Save yourself the disappointment and just stay away from these scammers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

On 9/9/2021 I fell on my way out of parking garage @ Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. SC. Incident was reported, witnesses present. Never got incident report. Impossible to contact Wyndham about incident besides email they don't answer. I seen online reports from lawyers stating that Wyndham won't call them back, won't settle after injury, total jerks. All they want is our money but no responsibility. With one word total fraudulent gangster. Don't get timeshares from them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I AM A PLATINUM MEMBER! 1st - I have loved Wyndham Timeshare resorts for years; and have referred them to 100's of my clients - many have spent over $100k based on my referral! However, this year and last, being especially difficult to travel, due to covid; I have booked and canceled a number of times. I was told on more than one occasion that I would receive my points, fees, housekeeping credits and guest passes back. Recently, I tried booking new reservations and was informed that I have no guest passes remaining; when I've only used about 4 out of 30 this year. I found out that I was told incorrect info and I lost all my guest passes. Now I have almost 1,000,000 points I can't use!! Their wrong info cost me thousands of dollars!!!! I've asked them to fix it; nothing so far. My recommendations will stop!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Booked a room in Budd Lake NJ through Wyndham. Unfortunately their online service is slow and I "guess" I inadvertently booked two rooms for two nights. I found out my mistake when I called 24 hours before checking in. I was told they could do nothing and I would be stuck with paying for both rooms - even though I pushed enter twice on my computer because their online site had the processing wheel continually going around. When I asked to speak to someone who could help me with my problem I got to speak to 6 different people with heavy accents that had problems speaking English. I will book through Expedia, Booking.com or Travelocity - all of which have helped me in the past with good service. Wyndham points are worthless anyhow.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

1.) I was told I could cancel anytime, so I tried to cancel a week later, but was told I legally only had 5 days to cancel.

2.) When I was asked for my ID and Social Security number, I was never told it was in order to run my credit. They did that without my knowledge or permission.

3.) I was signed up for a $4,000 credit card without my knowledge.

4.) When I wrote to them to cancel my contract, I was ignored. It’s been over a month, and no one has contacted me.

5.) I was told my maintenance fees were to be $84 per month. There was never a mention about an annual increase of 5% or more and would last forever.

I have only had my contract since May 2021 and have had nothing but headaches over this. I hope anyone reading this will NEVER consider a purchase with this despicable company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

When we stayed at a Club Wyndham in Orlando, we were offered a free breakfast and $25 gift card if we would attend a one-hour presentation. This presentation began with a video where they showed us how much money we could save on vacationing if we were to be owners. When we met with the sales representatives, they told us that we would be making a real estate investment that would extend to our children, that we were essentially purchasing a vacation home, and that we would be able to book vacations at any time through an “easy-to-use” website.

After we finally agreed to the purchase, the sale rep gave us his cell phone number and said that we could call at any time if we needed any assistance. Once we returned home, we went online to book some reservations, but could not understand the website. We had tried to call the representative that gave us their cell number MANY TIMES, but he never bothered to return a single call. When we were finally able to get some assistance through customer service, they booked a trip for us.

Imagine our surprise when we arrived and were required to attend ANOTHER sales presentation and told that we had to purchase MORE POINTS because what we owned wasn’t enough! We now have astronomical maintenance fees, continuous, seemingly never-ending mortgage payments, and EVERY TIME we attempt to visit there is continuous pressure to increase our membership. What type of company treats their clients this way? They only care about how much money we spend and view us as DOLLAR SIGNS, not VIP Owners!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had a terrible experience with the customer service at Wyndham. I asked for my points to me transferred into the following year. I was told I needed to call six months in advance to move them. That I could not transfer my points. I have two children and with Covid it has been a tough year to schedule travel. When I disagreed with customer service and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told there was no one above him and they could not transfer me like that. I said, "Ok. I would like to have a supervisor call or email me." They proceeded to hang up on me.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

RUN FROM WYNDHAM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! My husband and I were staying at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas when we were waved over to the Wyndham booth to speak with their representatives. We were told that we could receive free activity vouchers if we were to go on a tour of their property. Having never had any experience with timeshare, we had no idea what this would entail. After the tour, we were taken to a room with a sales representative that started telling us about the cost of ownership. EVERY SINGLE TIME we told them that the price was more than we wanted to spend, and we simply were not interested, they would lower the price and add more incentives. This happened several times. We were told that we could book any time we wanted with no restrictions or blackouts, any member of our family could use, and that this could be passed down to our children in the future.

NONE OF THIS WAS ACTUALLY TRUE! When we left, we were not provided with ANY documents; we were told that they were all on a flash drive we were given. Obviously, this meant that we could not look at any of these until we returned home. When we were able to view them when we returned home, we learned about all the lies that the employees had told us! This is a slick trick these scammers employ because we found that we could have cancelled the purchase within 5 days due to a law in the State of Nevada. We are now stuck with this purchase that can never be used. Do not trust anything these people tell you!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

First and Foremost I am a 100% permanent and total disable veteran that served 20 years in the US Army. This company has no empathy for any situation such as COVID-19. I haven't been able to travel due to the fear of catching COVID. I did not utilize the timeshare promotions that I paid $3,000.00 for and I feel that Wyndham should have extended contracts out further than a max of 11 months during this worldwide Pandemic. I contacted Wyndham and they told me that my contract had expired and there was nothing else they could do for me in reference to an extension. Wow what a way to treat a Veteran that served 3 combat tours in Iraq. I will never ever do business with Wyndham and will ensure that I inform other family members, friends and my fellow Veterans.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information