1.11/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I have been a member of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Timeshares since 1999. I have 500,000 points. I use these points every year. I have been all over the country I do not have any regrets with this purchase. I ski 4 weekends a year and usually spend the rest for a beach vacation. I love the large units. I am unhappy with the upgrades though.

In the past I could get instant upgrades, it no longer works that way! I would book two units, cancel one 2 weeks before and upgrade my first reservation to the larger unit saving points. Now I rarely get the upgrade forcing me to use more points! I still get discount points for booking closer to the time I want to go. Timeshare is not for everyone. I have a flexible schedule, and I paid for my timeshare outright so I just have the maintenance fees. I enjoy the large units and I feel it's worth the monthly fee. I have not had an issue booking but I do book 10 months out for most of my trips. I do agree that the salespeople are pushy.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

There's a lot of negative reviews about this company. But since I became a silver owner with club Wyndham access in 2014, we have been on several vacations and had no problems booking anything except Ocean City, Maryland lol. I have 435,000 points and was able to book vacations (14 different ones and two more coming up) for family and friends. From 1 bedroom to presidential suites. Midtown Manhattan to the US Virgin Islands. Yes the sale representatives are pushy and annoying so I avoid their "breakfast or lunch" meetings. And YES it is expensive so I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone to become a member unless they can afford it. But I think depending on your membership level you might have more difficulties with bookings. My level allows bookings 13 to 10 months prior so if your booking window is less, that's probably where the problem occurs.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Wow, there are a lot of negative reports here. I haven't really had any issues with Wyndham. It is more expensive than other time shares, but you're not committed to the same two weeks and a specific month each year. You do have to make your reservations several months ahead for the more popular vacation spots, but they tell you that going in. I've dealt with Justin ** in Williamsburg, VA as well as others there and they were all very nice and professional. And I get called once in a while from Alex in Las Vegas asking me if I have any questions or if there is anything they can do for me.

While a bit pricey - depending on how many points you buy - we've stayed in some pretty nice places. We stayed at Bonnet Creek (Disney World) and it was very clean and the property well kept. My daughter (who is actually my partner) stayed in a Presidential Suite with some of her girlfriends in Atlanta and were blown away by the room. This coming Fall we'll be staying at a property in Seviereville, TN and I've looked up that property and it looks awesome! I love the fact that it will pass down to my daughter when I'm gone; so many companies don't do that.

I don't really think it's more high pressure than any other company that wants to sell you something. There is a monthly maintenance fee (based on how many points you have) that's similar to an HOA fee when you buy a home. But that's to help with the upkeep of the properties so I get that. You actually get a deed when you buy into Wyndham. I can't speak to selling my points, because I don't plan to sell them, I plan on passing them down to my daughter. And once the points are paid off, really, all you have left is the Maintenance Fee. It's like buying a house or a car, but you can go all over the world!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The room needs overhaul like painting and improving the bathroom. Other than that I enjoy my stay and the staff are friendly. The hotel is clean and will recommend to others needing low quality at better price.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

The Timeshare Sales People will lie and say they just need to do a soft inquiry, do not give them your social!!! They took mine and my wife's then actually opened a freaking account without my knowledge!!!! They should be arrested!!! Shame on Seaworld for allowing them to promote through the park.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Let’s just keep this short and sweet. If a company can not deliver on the expectations they set for a presentation. How are they going to treat you when you are a client? Presentation was 3 hours long before we walked out so it could have well went into 4 hours. Vacation certificate, and points promised were not given. The guy doing our presentation was awesome. Not his fault at all for the failure on the corporation side.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We are owners. We went to Sevierville TN in June 2019. And our experience with Sevierville TN's salespeople were Horrible at best. We were told about Wyndham's opinion poll and credit card, Wyndham's salsa people said if you use both or 1 of these programs then it would pay for our loan which Would be paying them back with Wyndham's own money (Wyndham's salespeople own words). We were told we would have enough points accrued that it would pay our loan and pay $100 of our maintenance fees. All lies to get us to buy more pionts. We contacted Wyndham's Customer Care and after waiting 3 months to see if they would work with us? We were told, "Sorry we aren't going to do anything". This company has liars, crocks and No integrity salespeople and Wyndham doesn't Care!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The resorts are nice... But the company financing and sales experience is horrible. Our first experience testing the Club Wyndham system was met with "an opportunity to review our services". What that translates to is we wasted hours of what we intended to be using as vacation time into pushy salesmen that try every dirty trick in the book. We have leftover points, but are dreading the "chance to review our services". It should read "we're going to pin you down, have a salesman waste your time, and drill into you".

Following that, we spent the Wyndham points on a Wyndham hotel... That turned out to be the most disgusting place I've seen in a long time. We ended up purchasing another motel. It was so bad. That experience can be chalked up under the motel management. But, it adds to the whole Wyndham experience. By the time we left there we didn't want to stay at any Wyndham hotel.

To add insult to injury, the "trial" was partially financed. Months down the road we get some strange credit card bill and a negative hit on my credit. Apparently the financing was through a credit card that was tied into our debit. When our debit cards changed it sent the billing into a spiral. I thought we were paying Wyndham, but they are charging against a credit card that refused the Wyndham payment. I had a hard time tracking down what was going where. So now I have 2 accounts to deal with and negative hits to my credit. After this transaction is complete I have no intention of dealing with Wyndham resort or hotel. I strongly recommend any would be customer to comb through the details and verify where they stay.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

My husband and I were roped into the "Club Wyndham" timeshare presentation our first day in town after being stopped at a kiosk on the San Antonio Riverwalk. When we admitted that we didn't have plans for the next day, we were told that for $40 they would give us two boat tickets, a certificate for a carriage ride, and two $25 vouchers for dinner, good for a select group of restaurants in the area. The only catch? We had to go to an hour and a half "tour" at the Wyndham resort. Now, we are not stupid, although possibly a little naive, so we quickly realized that the "tour" would be more of a sales pitch, but we decided to approach it as a new experience.

The next day, after arriving at Wyndham, we met with Ronald along with his trainee, Carlos. We were taken to a little round table in a loud, crowded room full of other unfortunate souls undergoing the same process as we were. Ronald, who promised us a "shortened version" after finding out that this trip was a small anniversary getaway for us, quickly changed his attitude from friendly and amicable to insulting when realizing that we were not going to be swayed to spend $100,000 on a timeshare (35% down and monthly payments of over $1200).

Our reasonings: our work schedules do not allow us to vacation enough to make the program worth it, and we currently have a much different set of priorities than the ones he wanted us to have (our focus is on renovating our home and starting a family). Ol' Ronald tried his very best to manipulate and twist our words by implying that we must care more about our jobs than each other. When that REPEATED tactic didn't work, he then tried a much different and, quite frankly surprising, angle.

Basically, we were taking advantage of poor Wyndham's trust and time. They are so kind enough to promise us these "gifts", but they are still a business and need to see a return. He even went so far as to step away to look up our information and make sure that we were telling the truth about this being our first presentation, then making it a point of telling us this! He said, "ok, you were telling the truth, that looks good for you." At this point, the whole situation had become so ridiculous, that I had to laugh. This guy, obviously, and despite assurance to the contrary, was taking our refusal so personally and offensively that he really could not hide it.

I hope that poor Carlos, who said nothing throughout the entire exchange, and, at times, may have even been asleep, was taking Ronald's tactics and performance as what not to do. Besides his absolute rudeness, he answered questions for us with the answers he wanted us to give, employed some interesting math skills and produced numbers that were questionable, at best, and took long pregnant, and extremely confusing pauses where I suppose we were expected to have some kind of epiphany in which we would exclaim, "Ronald, you beautiful brilliant man, you are so right! No one can do this for us, except us! We will take two!"

After Ronald had finally had enough of the standoff, he passed us on to his boss, who had a much better personality, attitude, as well as some more reasonable offers. Now, even though these deals could have matched our needs better, I was so angry at this point that I would've said no to them giving me a resort. We were, finally, and after the full hour and a half, released to someone to get us checked out. But guess what.... Nope! This dude was simply trying to sell us on an "even better deal"! Several more NO's later, we were actually released to an innocent cashier who handed over our well-earned vouchers. Well, after all of it, I got a steak for dinner and a good life lesson. Never again, Wyndham, never again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We signed up to go to a sales pitch. The man working the booth said he was the top salesperson for Wyndham. He had said after the 90 min pitch we would get to stay at any Wyndham property so we said Anaheim would be fine. Then two weeks later we show up for the sales pitch and then told that the guy lied about the trip and we would only get Oregon or Washington. Then we asked about the guy that lied to us and was told he doesn’t work for Wyndham anymore. So the two salesmen talked us into buying three days in Anaheim saying that they were sorry about being lied.

I asked them if there was any strings to the trip and they said no to just enjoy the trip. Then they lied to us again because when we called to make the reservation even though we paid for the stay we would still have to do the sales pitch. When I asked about the two salesmen guess what? They no longer work for Wyndham, I guess in their training they are All trained to lie to you to get you to sign the papers.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Wyndham Vacation Resorts is one of the world's most popular timeshare companies. The company is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, and currently works with more than 900,000 owners.

• Available Properties: Wyndham Vacation Resorts has a huge selection of vacation ownership units and resorts for potential buyers to choose from. The company also has more than 13,800 units and 80 resorts available to customers.

• Worldwide: Customers who choose Wyndham Vacation Resorts have the ability to choose from hotels and properties across the world, from North America to the South Pacific.

• Video Experience: The company has created several videos to help potential owners envision what the buying and owning experience will be like, helping make their decision easier and clearer.

• Curated Excursions: The company can help customers plan specific or special getaways when they use their timeshare, including adventure excursions or entertainment events in big cities like New York.

• Dedicated travel agents: The company can has dedicated travel agents that will discuss vacation schedules with timeshare guests, then help them plan their vacations and transportation by scheduling excursions, booking transportation to and from the airport, and arranging tickets to entertainment events.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with some disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information