1.12/5

Discover a great timeshare now

661 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

My husband and I, as well as my father signed up for two shows and we were going to do the timeshare. We inform them that my mother was incapacitated and unable to join us on this trip. We showed up to do the timeshare and then they continue to tell us that my father was not going to be able to do it due to my mother not being present. We inform them that she was fully incapacitated and unable to attend the timeshare. They revoked all of our activities and wasted over 2 hours of our day.

This timeshare is a joke and their disrespectful to their clients. They showed no compassion over my mother's disabilities and her inability to be present due to being hospitalized. My father is a veteran as well as my husband, we came down here for Memorial weekend ready and excited about having a great trip. Wyndham really caused a lot of stress and taking time away from my family. I do not recommend looking at them or using them in any way, shape or form. I hope if you attempt to get the tickets you only do that and leave them in the dust because they are not worth purchasing. My husband and I were married in Branson 8 years ago. We were very interested in buying a timeshare so that we can continuously come back and enjoy the location where we got married. I am very glad it will not be at the Wyndham at this time.

Original review: May 25, 2018

While in San Antonio recently we had time to burn. We decided for free riverboat tickets we would go to the timeshare presentation. The whole thing was as a timeshare presentation is. A joke and a fight just to say no and leave. The girl who did our presentation was nice, was playing with my daughter (who is almost 2), was respectful. When it came time to say no for the 50th time she got very belligerent and rude. Started yelling and coping attitude about how we wasted her time and we should have just said no. I tried to say no and opt out of the hotel tour. She wouldn't allow it. She wasn't stopped by any of the management there including the one sitting at our table who was just as rude. She decided to rip the tablet she let my daughter use out of her hands and stomp away.

It's one thing to be rude to me but when you're causing a scene and then rip something out a small child's hands that is it for me. That is borderline assault in my eyes. This company is a joke and employs people who can't handle themselves and severely misrepresent the company. Possibly that is how the company is as well... disrespectful and unruly thugs who think this behavior is acceptable. They will never get my business and deserve to be trashed all over social media.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I can't believe we bought this crap. 2 years into this and $14k out of our pockets, still no vacation. They are liars and they trick you into buying this crap. I wish I had some knowledge of any timeshare before I signed the contract. If you are reading this, please do not buy any timeshare. You can travel in business class and stay at a luxury hotel for what we have paid so far and we can't even find a resort that is available when we want to travel.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have been a member since 2010 and currently NOT a happy camper! I was there for 2 days with 10 friends and family and as usual, Wyndham ruined one of the days! When I got this package I was rushed and double teamed by high-pressure salespeople. Nothing was properly explained so I didn't have a clue how to access most of my privileges. This time I wanted some explanations and I was promised some and that my account would be more user-friendly! Needed to look out for the hook! When I booked and when I arrived I told everyone that I didn't want to hear from ANY salespeople and I did NOT want to buy anything else!!! I was assured Mr. ** wasn't a salesperson, they were on a different floor!

I thought I was getting the explanations I needed and was asked to initial for the changes made. They wanted me to give up my deed for points too! Well, it happened again! I had lost my rewards card a long time ago but had no clue what it was for anyway. Now I know it is a credit card with 21.6% interest. I was encouraged to put all my utilities on it for autopay and use it to spend on vacations. Payments <$90mo! For the final signing, I saw a line that had been talked over fast that would add almost $20,000 to the credit card with payments of >$300mo. I had made them aware that I had been diagnosed with breast cancer and anticipated large medical bills and am living on my SS. I am 82 yrs old and my memory is no longer great when it comes to remembering dates, like to call them in Dec or Jan!

I thought it was over but today I received a rewards card in the mail. At first, I thought it was a replacement for the one I had lost but it wasn't. I thoroughly checked it out, fortunately! It had a credit line of $4000 but there was only $416.11 available! I noticed that in the real faint print below that there was a pre-authorized charge to Wyndham for $3583.89! I have NO clue what this is for! Probably something I initialed when these "non-sales people" rushed on the paperwork that would "fix" my problems!

I have made complaints to the right people but it will take awhile! It is impossible to sell this property. You can pay about $600 to have one of these shysters "advertise" it with no guarantee or pay someone to get you out of your contract and GIVE them the property you paid for and have been paying maintenance fees on. Does it revert back to Wyndham? A very dissatisfied owner:

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have stayed at Wyndham Hotels in the past. I get several phone calls a week from them. It is a local number so I pick up and when I do it is an automated recording. Other hotels and vacation companies also call with an automated message saying I have won something and try to get me to continue talking to them or say yes to their offer. These calls are a nuisance! This is so invasive and seems to be a dishonest way to attract business. BEWARE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 17, 2018

Please, people do not even sign for that BS. My husband and I have regretted 100 times that we wasted our time on that event in Las Vegas. First, presentation and then brainwashing. They tell you a lot of good stories, show you beautiful rooms and how amazing to be on vacation. But what they forgot to tell me, that they are going to open PayPal credit line for $15,000 on my name while checking my credit score. I found out when we return back home and I got letter in mail. We felt so much pressure and tension while we were there. Of course, we said no, but I still shiver when I recall those 4 hours.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Club Wyndham - The absolute worst. Lying does not describe what they have done to me over the last week. I have spent hours talking to various personnel, being transferred from department to department. Final straw was today when they told me they had taped a phone conversation I had with a reservation agent and implied comments that were made to me, then flatly refused to let me listen to the conversation. They need a class action lawsuit filed against them. Has anyone out there used an attorney to sue them yet?

Original review: May 15, 2018

My wife and I called the corporate number of Wyndham resorts to get reservations for the Super 8 in Williams, AZ. We were given confirmation numbers over the phone which we thought secured our reservation. Upon arrival in Williams we were told we did not have a reservation. We stayed at another hotel for the same price. The thing that bothered me the most was the young man who was working at the Super 8 on May 9th, 2018 was no help what-so-ever. He basically told me he could do nothing for me and when I said I would send a complaint to corporate he basically said, "Good luck".

That Wyndham was so big they could care less about one individual. So I thought I would write a review for the Consumer Affairs instead of Wyndham Corporate in hopes that people would read here before getting a room with Wyndham hotels. When an employee tells you that corporate could care less from experience it was evident that truly is the case. Will now look to see if the hotel is owned by Wyndham and if so I will stay at a local Airbnb. I could care less about Wyndham!

Original review: May 13, 2018

In November of 2017, I bought a 3 night/4 day stay for $299.00 to be able to stay and vacation at the new Wyndham Grand Resort on Clearwater Beach, FL. I called sometime after that to book it for May, over my husband's birthday as a gift. Several days before our arrival, a Wyndham representative called to inform me that we’ve been moved to a local area hotel, Coconut Cove. I was NOT happy to say the least, especially when I looked up this hotel and saw it was nothing near the caliber of the Wyndham Grand (the pictures of Coconut Cove and website are very deceiving). However, they said on the phone that it was in their right to move us to a local 3 star hotel.

While it does state this in their terms and conditions, Coconut Cove is NOT anywhere near a 3 star hotel. In fact, it is not a hotel at all, but a crappy MOTEL!! You can only access your room from the outside. So I do not care what they call themselves, this is a MOTEL. It is dingy, dirty, ripped carpeting, no maid service, etc., and NOT on the beach as I was expecting. AND if you google this, it is rated as 2 stars not 3 and as I have stated, is a Motel not a Hotel, which is not what their terms and conditions state!

We winded up not staying there and had to pay of course to stay at another hotel and then for the next two nights drove 3 hours to Naples to stay with friends because everything was either booked as it was Mother's Day weekend or $300+/night! They ruined our vacation, caused us to spend money on a hotel which we thought was already paid for and wasted hours on the phone with them fighting about this! Unless you do not care where you stay, DO NOT DO THIS!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

This company will mislead you into purchasing really not worthwhile contracts!!! We were misled and pushed into purchasing. If you go home, do the math and read any review, you will notice that NONE OF THEIR PROGRAM are worth it. THEIR DISCOVERY PROGRAM is also **. They pretend like they care but at the end of the day, they are just trying to collect their commission. AND PLEASE, the people that are working for this company, please quit and stop lying to people.

Original review: May 6, 2018

This company sucked me into purchasing a timeshare while on a Vegas vacation. What they offered was amazing. In the end when we were signing the man went over every paper he printed and has us sign. We were happy with our purchase at this time. When we got home there was an unsigned paper showing that we were not paying the 20 grand we had agreed to but would be paying 39 grand after all was said and done... no freaking thank you. Somehow that paper made it in after?? Anyways don’t let them get you!! We were lucky the only 5 stars I give is the the cancellation process. Spent 50 dollars to one day Fedex our letter of resignation and from there it’s been easy to cancel. Review companies before signing anything!! Lesson learned and lesson to you!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was in Branson and when we picked up our tickets, they asked if I wanted free tickets for going to a timeshare presentation. I said "No,because time with my family on vacation is much more valuable to me than free tickets." Then they said, "What if we could give you 7 free nights in any of our resorts?" So, for that I decided to get up early to go and attend. It was longer than the 2 hours promised, even though I had pointed that out also, and they promised it would be over in 2 hours. Then, when I picked up the voucher, and I've never used points like this before, I did not know until I went to "activate" them that they have only given me ONE free night. It is worthless to me, and I wish I would have just gone with my gut and enjoyed the extra time with family.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Wyndham is a pure SCAM. Avoid like the plague. My wife and I normally never go to any timeshare offer ever. A talented saleswoman caught us in a moment of weakness and enticed us to a Wyndham "2 hour" timeshare presentation with the offer of a "free week at any Wyndham location." We travel a lot and figured we would use it. The presentation goes way more than 2 hours.

The offer is AWFUL. I don't know how they sell it to anyone. It makes zero financial sense. They sell it using high-pressure used car salesman techniques like not showing you the pricing until hours into the presentation, make the price "only good today" and ganging up on you with multiple salespeople. Analyze the #s and it is simply an awful deal that gets you to pay them a lot of money upfront, guarantee to pay them an ongoing maintenance fee forever (in an amount that can go up at any rate they choose and from which there is no escape), and in return they do NOT guarantee you anything at all! Nothing. You get points that supposedly get you into "any Wyndham location worldwide" but most of those locations are awful (look at the Trip Advisor reviews for most of them). The good ones are never available and there are numerous hidden levels and additional fees that make either using the points impossible or that require you to pay large additional fees.

Trying to use the "free gift" is virtually impossible. You can only book within 30 days of travel which means that you can't get any of their better locations because they are all booked well in advance. In addition, you don't really get a week, you get a value that you can apply towards a week. The value only covers a portion of the fee at most locations, plus there are large "resort fees" at most of them. You end up saving nothing. I don't know how they are allowed to offer this scam and frankly it's shocking to me to see salespeople who seem like otherwise perfectly decent human beings essentially trying to steal from unsuspecting customers/victims of their con.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have a Wyndham credit card and was offered a 2 night stay at the Oceanside resort for $199 and a timeshare presentation of 2 hours (which always goes longer - it's like buying a car - they go for a smoke break) - 1st we arrived and instead of a candy bowl they offer EAR PLUGS! The worst studio was given to us with "NO other room available" - facing the train tracks. The trains stop in Oceanside and use their horns 8 to 10 time until MIDNIGHT! The timeshare presentation was a scam and they insulted us, since I told them from the beginning I had a resale offer for $2,000 with points that I was considering buying for this location.

One supervisor I guess did not give me his name stated the wrong information about how to use the points. All data provided was not given to me in writing despite me asking for it. The "DEAL" $49,000” - (or around $145 per 1,000 points). 15,000 points needed for Travelodge! What a joke and what a scam. Don't even think about it! Extra maintenance fees and taxes per year exceed the regular booking of a decent hotel! After further research 75% of what you pay is for advertising and commission. Remaining value is less than $1 on eBay!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

All of the previous reviews on this page mimic my experiences with the pushy sales personnel, marketing team that lures you into the sales pitch notoriously lying about the reason for or length of any presentation, etc. I have been an owner now for over 15 years and am appalled by the continuous deception and misrepresentation by this company. Over the past 3 years there have been numerous "upgrades" to their reservation and booking system. It appears that they are now designed to limit your ability to book vacations as an owner. Just today I attempted to book a 3 night stay at the Wyndham National Harbor. The online booking calendar shows full availability on some days and limited availability on others, but when you choose the dates suddenly you receive a message that no rooms are available for a "continuous stay."

What makes this upsetting and ridiculous is that I could easily book a room through Booking.com or TripAdvisor for the exact same dates, but to the tune of $494/night. So Wyndham is in the business of selling deeds to units marketed as points that you can use anywhere, however, you can't always use said points and are blocked from booking - yet they triple their money and continually beat earnings projections - likely because they now have your money and are holding back rooms to sell on websites and lure in more potential buyers. Save your money on their costly upfront buyer fees and long term annual dues!!! Just book rooms at the places you want to visit. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I feel so bad when I am reading these reviews for all those people who also got stuck in this situation. I wish I read these reviews before getting trapped. We went on vacation to Panama City Beach and we were in Pier Park when these sales people tried to pitch 7 days nights for $75. They told us, "You just have to attend the Presentation next day for 90 minutes." We stayed at Sheraton Bay Point and we had to check out at 11AM. We attended the presentation from 8.30 to 10.30 AM and after that the sales representative took us to her desk. Each person had one sales rep assigned to them. She (Rosario **) started giving us the details about all the resorts and hotels we can stay we become a member. We were keep on asking how much is it but she wasted 2 hrs and did not tell us the price.

Then she said, "My finance person will explain you about the price." This finance lady called Brandie came and she started explaining and said, "You have to pay $23000 for 150,000 points and you will get free vacation for lifetime or pay $125000 for 400000 points." We asked how much points is the one night worth. She said 6000 points but then asked if you get the expensive hotel it will be more points. She said, "Yeah. Not more than 15000 points a night." I asked her if we did not like it and want to exit out then what do we need to do. She said, "There is a exit program but we do not have details." I got suspicious and then I said, "We have to check out our hotel and we will come back." She and her finance manager then forced my husband to say, "Just fill these papers and to know if you qualify." I said no then she then again forced my husband. My husband filled the paper just to get a qualification info.

We went to check out our hotel and as soon as we went out I called this lady and said, "Do not check anything unless we come back." Over the phone she said, "Yes. We will do when you will come back," and then texted me back after few minutes that my finance manager already ran a credit check. I got so angry and by the time we came back we decided we will not take this thing. We came back and said we do not want this and declining this offer. They again forced us but we said no. Then she took us to some other manager and said he just wants to a decline survey. This person asked few questions like why we are declining and all. Then this person again offered if you pay $3300 you will get 400000 point for 2 years and if you like it you can continue otherwise you can exit. We still said no and declined the offer. We got up and collected the $75 voucher which we initially paid for.

Guess what then? We started receiving emails after 3-4 hrs that your Barclays card has been approved and Wyndham Blue membership info. We did not sign up for all this. We were on our way to Georgia from our vacation and once we reached home we got another email that you will receive your Barclays card within 7-10 business days. Me and my husband both called Barclays and got to know they opened a card in my name. I told them to cancel the card and I was so angry as they mis-used my info without my consent. It's not finished yet. This morning 04/12/2018 at 7 AM I received another email that "thank you for using Wyndham visa card. You are now a Gold member."

Yesterday I was blue member and today they made me gold member. I realized they might have opened Wyndham visa card for me. I am trying to call Wyndham customer care on the no. given everywhere on their website and all over internet 1.866.996.7937. But when you call this no. they tell you to listen to another offer but there is no option to talk to anyone. I am so concerned now that they are using my identity to do this. I do not know what else to do to stop them. I am so thankful that I did not sign up for their scheme but this is so awful that they are using me and my husband's identity now. Also, in their scheme they do not tell you about the cleaning and maintenance fee which you have to pay rest of your life which is actually a hotel price if you look at it carefully.

This is a big SCAM. I am read so many reviews here and I think so many people are trapped. Somebody please suggest me what to do and how can we do a complaint about them. How these sales rep sleep at night by scamming so many people. One more thing to add the voucher they gave us for $75 is not worth anything. Once you book a hotel then go to the hotel they can say it's not available or you can upgrade. Once you upgrade they will charge you between 100-1400$ for a week which is written in their letter they attached with the voucher. I am not even going to bother to redeem that voucher. I do not want any more of my info to be given to them. I hope this is helpful for anyone. Also I hope someone can suggest me to stop them from using my identity.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have been a WorldMark owner for 16 years and recently stayed at the New Orleans resort. I got suckered into buying a Wyndham My Club membership by Jen at the resort. Jen described all of these great resorts that are available including Margaritaville properties and Emerald Grande in Destin, FL. I was also told we can book 13 months out. Unfortunately, my 250,000 points won't even get me 1 week at those resorts. Basically, the only resorts I can use are the ones I already had through WorldMark. DO NOT BUY WYNDHAM. IT IS A TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM. THE SALES PEOPLE WILL LIE TO MAKE A SALE. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I thought dealing with the car dealers was the worst until last Sunday 04/08 I met those sales group from Wyndham Vacation Resorts (Nashville, TN). Being told that it would only be 90 mins sitting through the presentation, my wife and I had to go through a 3 hour fight with those disrespectful, dishonest sales group except one lady named Natalie who is new. We had to deal with 5 different persons: 2 sales representatives, manager, survey person, check out manager. Once we said that we would not buy it today, they started with those intimidating/insulting questions and comments. And I even got to exchange some heated words with the mid-aged female check out manager who said that we were there only for the gift, and "could not afford the trips".

And no, we did not buy anything from them. And no, we did not fill any form asking for our financial info including the SSN. We are very proud of ourselves not giving in. And I feel sorry for those people (most seniors) who fell into their traps. Also I honestly don't know how those salepersons could sleep at night. And how they could go home everyday after work and look at their children (or grandchildren) in the eye, thinking proudly: "I scammed 5 seniors who are at the age of your grandpa/grandma".

Original review: April 9, 2018

Made the mistake of letting them transfer me to hear about a room rebate and gave my card info to a scummy third party business called Trilegiant who despite having cancelled their "membership" keep charging me monthly fees. I better get reimbursed and it better stop happening. I will never use your resorts again and I hope this deters others from staying with you too. Thanks a lot for the gross room and the hassle.

Original review: March 28, 2018

2/18/2018 -- I called to check on Wyndham Rewards points and was transferred to hear about "a wonderful offer" they had. I was told I could stay at a Wyndham property for three nights for $249. I mentioned we might go to San Deigo. The rep said that was no problem at all. I asked; "what if we end up not going there". I was reassured that we could use it at any Wyndham, as long as it was before Dec 31, 2018. I decided to sign up. I then called a couple wks later wanting to book the San Diego trip. I was on the phone for almost 2 hrs, yes, 2 hrs, trying to do the booking. I was transferred from dept to dept and told I needed call this number and that number in order to book the stay. I was livid, furious and totally discussed. Finally, I reached "William", he told me Wyndham had no hotels in San Deigo that were part of this program.

Basically, all the info I received at the original purchase time was false, those are my words not William's. I told William that I was assured, at the time of the purchase, San Deigo was no problem. William told me he would have to request the recording info to verify I did mention San Deigo. If that in fact was correct, he would issue a refund for the full amount. I was appalled! I said; "What happened to the customer always being right?" His response was that if the recording confirmed I specifically said San Deigo then I would receive a credit.

He was going to call me back the next day. Of course he didn't, but I contacted him the following day. Of course, William wasn't working that day, I then said that I wanted to talk with a supervisor. At that point the woman told me the info I said I had given was verified to be correct and a refund would be issued. Three days later I received confirmation of the credit. From my experience, dealing with Wyndham Club, I'll never have a good thing to share about them. I tell my story to everyone and anyone, including in a forum setting, about my dealings with Wyndham.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have been a member for over 26 years. My contract states I am to pay annual fees. I choose to pay quarterly. So long as the beginning of the year I have paid the last year, it has never been an issue for 26 years. This year, I received a collection call and immediately got online to make sure I did not have any payments owing. I saw amounts owing so I paid online through the Wyndham site. I kept getting calls and continued to go online to be sure I was current. Finally, I called Wyndham who said they referred it to a collection agency, they were taking payments and sending it to the agency who applied it to their fees first so I always remained late on quarterly fees. Further, their site kept taking payments but never updated amounts outstanding; I looked current on rolling amounts owed.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We have been Wyndham owners for 6 years. The driving factor to buy into Wyndham was the sales pitch about flexibility and booking great vacations. Six years later, I can tell you that our "great" points package is garbage. If you can not purchase at least 200,000 points and you can not book your vacation at least 10 months out, don't waste your time. Like many families we are busy with work, sports and school. We often fit vacations in at the last minute and generally in the offseason which was explained in great lengths when we sat down with our salesperson. When we purchased our timeshare, it came with 200,000 in bonus points.

Once we used those points (all in the offseason on 2 vacations) our experience went downhill fast. What is more aggravating, is while as a Wyndham owner, the website will tell you the resort of your choice is completely booked, however you can go on VRBO, Hotels.com, Wyndham Extra Vacations and find that you can rent at a Wyndham property for an absurd amount of money. A loophole that owners have found to make money off their timeshare. If you mention this when you call in, you will be given many different reasons why this is allowed. Then you will basically be told that it is your fault for not booking in advance. I was also told that I should call in for assistance when booking vacations, that a representative would be better able to assist.

The assistance was great! I called in asking for assistance in booking a vacation in Myrtle Beach (we are from upstate NY so this is about a 12hour drive) the representative was very happy to tell me that Myrtle Beach is booked (again unless I want to pay $250 a night on hotels.com) but I can happily book Atlantic City! A bit of a difference from a family trip in warm weather to an adult trip in cool weather. The kicker is trying to sell it. It is worth absolutely nothing. So we are stuck with a timeshare we can happily use in Atlantic City or The Poconos, but anything else, unless we book 10 months out in the offseason is off limits.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We were sucked in by a very high pressure sales team to buy a Timeshare supposedly a great investment, in reality it is a total scam. You can't get out of your contract, they say it's a great investment. In reality it's worthless. DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I recently accompanied a relative, who owns a timeshare with Plantation, for an HOA meeting and (what she thought) a Wyndham presentation. Wyndham sales staff stated they were now co-owners with Plantation (the signs do state Wyndham Plantation Resort) and when we told them we had to go to the HOA meeting, they said it was combined with the sales meeting; both of which were lies.

The Wyndham Sales Staff did so many underhanded tactics; trying to get lure me away from my older relative so they could get her to sign something; the co-ownership life; the combined meeting lie; not telling us how much money it would cost and how many points were needed to reserve any type of room (kept saying they were waiting on Joey to calculate - then we Joey joined us, she was waiting on someone else to do it); even saying they meet my relative before at previous meetings (a lie).

My relative kept repeating she was not signing anything that day, that she wanted to think about it and they kept repeating "the meeting is not over yet and you will not get your free dinner tickets and vacation voucher if you don't stay till the end of the presentation" (which were promised if we attended, but it was obvious that unless she bought into Wyndham the presentation would never be over); having 4 additional sales staff (evidently each one was the manager of the previous one-up the chain of command/power I guess) try to talk her into signing over her property to Wyndham for points. There were 3 people gathering around her, pressuring my elder relative to take out a loan or at least let them run a credit check and the lady they called Joey, kept jamming her finger on a paper, saying over and over "just initial here; just initial here" when my relative finally had enough (I had already got up and was walking out).

Finally after 3 1/2 hours of the most unscrupulous sales tactics I have ever been a witness to we just got up and walked out as they shouted, "You're not getting your vouchers." Really -- No Lie! After the "presentation" we went to the Plantation Desk Manager, who informed us they had multiple complaints about the "presentations" and that Wyndham had purchased timeshares where the maintenance fees had not been paid and they owned about 10% of Plantation. He said they placed Wyndham's name first because they had more brand recognition. I told him they may want to reconsider using the Wyndham name!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I stayed in a local Wyndham, I had to call them the next day because they charged me for Valley parking even though I self-parked. They offered me 3 nights for the price of one telling me I could stay at any of their locations, I decided why not. However when I called to book the room I was not able to stay in any location but 3... 3 options only! I asked for my money back because they lied. The lady told me they will review the call. It has been weeks and I just called to follow up and I was told there had been no notations to my account about reviewing the call and I could not have my money back.

I will NEVER stay at a Wyndham again. My original stay was at the Downtown San Deigo, CA location. The room and hallway smelled like cigarettes, when I called and asked a switch rooms they said there is no smoking rooms at all so it shouldn't smell like that at all and oh well for me. All around worst service, poor rooms, don't deal with them. Would give no stars if I could.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We were suckered in last December to purchase a point driven timeshare. Almost immediately, we were being misled and told different stories by those we were interacting with. Unfortunately we did not realize this until after we finalized our agreement. After a frustrating initial process, we decided to give this a real chance. Struggling with their horrible website, we contacted our “salesmen” who pointed us to customer service and told us to speak with them. (Typical response from everyone you will talk to.)

Customer service was not helpful and basically told us we just needed to spend more time learning their system. Our issue was, that every location we were trying to book, had no availability. My question was... is why can't I put in the dates I want to travel, unit size needed and get results for all units throughout the world or designated country, that meets my needs. We were told "our system can't handle that and we needed to search by specific locations". What a joke. After explaining my frustration to the customer representative and learning there was not much more they could assist with I hung up very pissed off.

Within two days we had vacation specialist contact us explaining they had a program for new owners that would help to alleviate our frustration and help to learn their booking system. All we had to do was pick a destination off of their list for $249 for 4 days/3 nights, to spend some time with experts to help show us the ropes and become comfortable with their services. Putting faith into the individual we were speaking to, we agreed to book this vacation. Upon receipt of our itinerary, we noticed that nothing that we discussed or agreed upon was accurate in the booking reservation. I immediately called the helpline to get this corrected.

Unfortunately I spent nearly 20 minutes on hold before I was able to reach the first person at Wyndham resorts. They were not able to help me and forwarded me on to a supervisor. After another lengthy wait on hold I finally reached someone that told me the information presented to us was completely inaccurate and vacation I had paid for was not going to meet our expectations. At that time being extremely frustrated we asked for a full refund of the vacation price. While that refund is in the process of working through the system I asked for a confirmation email to please be sent confirming cancellation of this vacation.

Unfortunately that email never came, so I called back the next day asking for some sort of confirmation that this was canceled. After waiting again for over 20 minutes I was able to finally speak to someone they told me they do not send confirmation emails on cancellations and that I needed to trust them that the refund was in process and would posted within a few days. Even though I explain to this representative that we had been lied to and missed lead multiple times since purchasing our timeshare, I was leery to believe a word they were saying and requested some sort of confirmation via email be sent. He basically told us that all documentation is done on templates and they do not have a template for canceled reservations. I find that hard to believe and pretty pathetic from an organization such as Wyndham resorts.

Bottom line is for anybody that is considering purchasing a timeshare through Wyndham resorts I would encourage you to read all of the reviews, consider a horrible customer service and issues other members have had before you make a ridiculous decision like we did. Currently we are reviewing our options to cancel this purchase or potentially sue the organization. From day one this is been not only a nightmare but a frustrating experience but no new timeshare owners should have to go through. Save your money and your headaches and spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I was planning a vacation on next week with Wyndham, and I’ve had several problems! I booked last Saturday and was told that I’d receive a confirmation & that she would put me in a hotel that she liked and I could look later and change it if I wanted to. Well, I waited about 2 days & still no confirmation. I called back on this past Monday to rebook because I didn’t think it went through. By then, I check my bank statement & it had posted. My reservation that I made Monday, I was offered a better deal which was an extra night and $200 gift card. I was told that I could cancel the first reservation and that I didn’t receive the confirmation because my name wasn’t spelled correctly, my address was incorrect, and also my email. Clearly my bank info was correct though.

Stay with me here! So now, I have 2 reservations!?? I called Monday to cancel the first one. The rep placed me on hold for 30 minutes & the phone hung up on its own. I called back & the office was closed??? So by then I was wondering if they receive my request??? Because he told I would have to speak to another department to confirm.

Needless to say, I called back Wednesday morning, and the rep was sick, but still working. She told me nothing was available in Destin after I’d already booked and received my email confirmation the 2nd go around and then I had a confirmation for the first one, only I never received it due to the mistake. Easy fix right??? So ALL I want to do is cancel the first one, but she tells me I’m was even booked where we confirmed that I was booked!?? Then she tried to offer me a packed to Myrtle Beach and other destinations when clearly I’m trying to get my reservations that I’ve paid for straight!

I called the hotel in Destin & they did have me booked twice. She agreed to cancel the first confirmation that had the incorrect info and we’ll keep the later one! I called today to discover that it was canceled‼️ I’ve made plans to travel next week with my family and my vacation was screwed completely up! The first reservation with the incorrect info was kept, and some genius took the dates that I reserved and now they are no longer available??? The notes documented stated that I declined the Myrtle Beach offer & that I wanted to cancel! Why would I be accepting another offer to another destination when my first destination confirmation is in the air. She was so busy trying to offer other things, she clearly didn’t care that I had a problem with my reservation.

So now, I don’t have the vacation that I was confirmed and had to call the hotel to find that out! They told me that the only thing that could be done was for me to be on standby, like a bid. I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told that there was a 72 hour turn around window. Today has been a long day & I’m very disappointed! Then to think that you have to sit in during a presentation and listen to people and you can’t get the reps to listen on the front end, is kind of discouraging! I hope no one experiences what I’ve experienced!

Original review: March 9, 2018

A little over 2 years ago we were at a Margaritaville restaurant on Florida's panhandle. One of the employees suggested that we go talk to the timeshare people about buying into the "brand new, exclusive" Margaritaville properties (branded under the Wyndham chain). We love Margaritaville so we were interested in hearing about these properties. We were shown sample units within the Wyndham chain that, according to our salesman, "EVERY unit has this". (Yeah, right... As we found out later on.)

We ended up the "proud" owners of Wyndham Margaritaville Rio Mar, Puerto Rico. So as time has gone on, we've researched multiple locations of Wyndhams and no, they DON'T all have what was shown to us. Some are pathetic little studio rooms. They don't tell you that you have to use a large quantity of points to actually get a 1-bedroom facility with a full kitchen. But then, I guess they'll tell you anything to get the sale. We've stayed at three of the Wyndham (non-Margaritaville) properties now and paid mugo-points and they are just "OK", definitely not worth the money. I'd rather stay at an all-inclusive property where you don't have to go get your own groceries and where you have daily housekeeping service. The last straw: we just booked our actual "home" property of Wyndham Margaritaville Rio Mar in Puerto Rico.

I had some questions about the room (I have moderate disability), so I called them directly to ask about the category we were booking. The phone just rings and rings, no one answers. Or they pick up the phone and hang up immediately, as if they don't want to talk to you. I realize they had horrible hurricanes go through there, but they are now FULLY RECOVERED, I have read several reviews of people who have been staying there throughout the month of February 2018. I have also called our (supposedly) "exclusive, dedicated to Margaritaville owners only" line and they are of no help... They direct me to the property, who again, won't answer the phone or just picks up the phone and hangs up.

The one question I was able to get answered from the "exclusive" Margaritaville rep (not anyone directly on property) -- I asked, "So, is the Margaritaville area separate from the rest of the Wyndham Rio Mar property?" She rudely said, "No, everyone can go anywhere on the property." So we were blatantly LIED TO by our sales rep back in Florida two years ago. WHY THE HECK would we have paid this kind of money to buy into a mass resort?

The only reason we bought in was to have nice rooms like the ones that were shown to us by the salesman, and because of the promised "exclusivity" of the Margaritaville properties. LIES, LIES, LIES. And I have no idea how we'd ever get out from under this - is there any way of selling it? When we signed the paperwork back in Florida, I asked the finance guy this very question and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, like I was the stupidest thing on the planet. So evidently, it's impossible to get rid of a timeshare. People, PLEASE don't buy into Wyndham - especially not Margaritaville.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Went to a sales presentation at the Wilderness Hotel in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Was told I needed to fill out information to verify who I was. Was told they wouldn’t pull my credit. Just got an alert from Credit Karma that I have a hard inquiry on my credit. Have tried over and over to get a hold of Wyndham sales team to talk to a manager, they keep hanging up on me. I will file a BBB complaint.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We sat thru the obligatory session. Our Sales Professional, Robert **, was EXCELLENT, POLITE, FRIENDLY & HELPFUL. That's where the good part ends. JULANA, the Manager who came in to find out why we weren't buying in & was supposed to fill out our (dis)Satisfaction Survey was the MOST OBNOXIOUS & RUDE individual we have ever met. She literary threw down her pen and said we wasted their time and someone would be losing a commission because we came with a bad attitude.

Her total lack of respect was so bad that one of the young ladies at the front desk heard enough of what JULANA said to hand us a piece of paper with the phone number to call to complain. As great as Robert ** was, that's how pathetic JULANA was. Shame on you Wyndham Vacation Resorts for allowing someone like her to be associated with your organization. PS - when we called Wyndham Vacation Resorts Corporate Headquarters in Orlando, FL to complain, a recording comes on saying we are calling outside their normal business hours of 8-5. We called at 3:30 pm on a Monday afternoon. Run, don't walk, from dealing with Wyndham Vacation Resorts.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information